The work of the gardener is full of surprises. Nature throws them up - frost, heat, torrential rains. Seed suppliers do their bit by selling substandard seed. But most of all life is spoiled by pests of garden plants. There are several reasons why aphids and other pests appear on the seedlings of pepper and have to fight them.
At defeat by wreckers the top leaves can turn white, be curtailed or twisted in a boat. To get rid of and destroy pests, you need to treat the leaflet with the means described in the article.
Symptoms of nutritional deficiencies
Twisted leaves of pepper - a signal of phosphorus deficiencyif the following symptoms are observed:
- the leaves turn blue first, then their shade turns purple,
- thinning and can turn white stem
- time buds are not formed,
- roots of seedlings are covered with a touch of rust.
Spider mite is a small parasite (1-2 mm), parasitizing on the back side of the leaf. It is hard to see and you can learn about the infection by the presence of a web.
Aphids on seedlings pepper - a serious threat to the harvest. In the absence of a fight, the colonies of the bug grow and can destroy the plant. The pest does not only weaken the seedlings of pepper, sucking the juice. It is a carrier of viruses. Putting away the fight with her is not worth it.
Aphid - a serious threat to seedlings and pepper harvest
Viral diseases of pepper not treated, land it will not work. Plants are simply destroyed. Weakened seedlings are affected by tobacco mosaic virus. In addition to twisting and deforming the leaves, there is a change in color up to black shades.
The sheet plate gets spotty coloring. For seedlings infected with tobacco mosaic, the presence of chlorotic yellowness at the edges of the leaves is characteristic. Phytoplasmosis affects peppers less frequently. His symptoms are:
- yellowing of leaves
- twisting the leaves up
- deformed sheet plates.
Why leaves can grow white on seedlings
Let us see why leaves can turn white in a seedling material. As usual, there are several reasons. The most common reason is burn. Moreover, various factors can cause a burn:
- watering pepper sprinkling in sunny weather
- an aqueous solution of fertilizer got on the leaf,
- overcooling at night
- weak, unhardened seedlings, carried to the sun and she received a sunburn.
Perhaps white spots on pepper leaves - aphid signal. The running form is accompanied not only by white spots, but also by yellowness, the twisting of the leaves down, their premature fall.
If the spots on the leaves are off-white and around the perimeter are surrounded by a dark border - this septoria. It is caused by a fungus.
The fungus infects the leafy plates first, then the stem, then the fruits.
Aphids on pepper seedlings
Aphid is a transparent small insect (0.3-0.8 mm). Parasitic on indoor flowers, vegetable and garden crops, sucking the juice from the leaves, petioles, stems.
There are many kinds of it (3500), almost all polyphages. There are monophagous species that parasitize plants of the same species, but they are smaller. He lives in colonies.
The first sign that the plant appeared aphid - scurrying on the stalk ants. They are lovers of the sweet liquid that the bug allocates to the surface of the plant. If the leaves began to curl, you need to inspect the back side. Aphids and its larvae are clearly visible.
Females winged aphids, they migrate from plant to plant, laying eggs. During the summer one individual makes up to 10 clutches. Last laying autumn. Eggs overwinter. In the spring begins a new breeding cycle.
Pepper seed material can suffer from several types of aphids:
Infection can occur in different ways:
- From the sick indoor (greenhouse) plants.
- For planting used infected larvae (eggs) aphids priming.
- Flight form aphid flew in the greenhouse, in the window, on the loggia and settled on the plant.
Folk ways how to remove the pest
Folk ways is preferable. But they are effective in the initial stages of combating the scourge, when the number of the pest is not large and the plant has the strength to recover.
The easiest way - wash the plant with water or soapy water to remove the bug. It is effective when the aphid colony is small. To prepare the solution, you can use laundry soap 72%. You can nastrogat him with a knife or grate. A tablespoon with a slide per liter of water will suffice. Some gardeners prefer to spray seedlings with soapy water.
Ash solution - a folk remedy in the fight against aphids on pepper
The second most common method - spray a decoction of ash. Ash sown, poured water, boil. Before use, defend. The amount of ash 300 g is enough for 10 liters of water. On 1 liter respectively 30 g. Liquid or planed soap is added to the finished broth.
Bitter pepper infusion (100 g per liter) is no less effective for aphids. Need to insist within 2 days. Spray pepper seedlings at intervals of several days 3-4 times.
Regular washing will not allow the colony to grow. Seedlings during this period to feed. Strong plant suffers less from aphids.
First thing you need read the instructions carefullyby choosing a drug to combat aphids. Suitable tools that can be used indoors (apartments, greenhouses).
When growing good to have on hand drugs:
Fitaverm - biological product. It can be used to combat aphids in the apartment and in the greenhouse. With it, you can cultivate the land before planting. Preventing infection is easier than fighting a pest.
Actofit gives effect for 2 days. It can also be used indoors, observing individual protection measures.
The best way to combat aphids is prevention. It is better to spend time on competent care, use quality land. Provide seedlings with highlighting, dressing, proper watering. Regular examinations will identify the pest at an early stage and get along with traditional methods of control.
Signs of aphids
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. Saw warm at night. Read more here.
If aphids have settled on the plant, this will become clear by:
- running around the stalks of ants. They are attracted by the sweet liquid secreted by bugs on the surface of plants.
- on the leaves and stalks, viscous droplets form with a stretching liquid that can easily stick to the fingers,
- leaves of crops turn yellow, curl, and then wither and dry,
- on the edges of the leaves of the affected plant the aphid lays its eggs,
- There is a deformation of young shoots from above, which prevents their growth and development.
It is easiest to cope with aphids early in plant damage. Colonies of harmful insects quickly grow and eat the plant, bringing undeniable damage to it.
Females of aphids have wings, which allows them to lay eggs on a large number of plants. During the season, each aphid can make up to 10 clutches. The last clutch they make in the fall, the eggs remain for the winter. In spring, the next breeding cycle begins.
Prepared pepper seedlings can suffer from various types of aphids:
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
- Non-compliance with the temperature regime. Too warm indoor air, especially at night,
- High humidity around plant roots,
- When planting was used affected by the larvae soil
- In the summer during breeding, aphids laid their eggs on plants.
Folk ways to destroy aphids
Popular methods are very popular, but they need to be applied in the early stages of aphids, when the number of pests is not large and the plant can still find strength to recover.
The most common method is to wash the plant with plain water or a solution with water and 72% household soap. To prepare the soap solution, rub the soap and add a tablespoon of chips to 1 liter of water. When using this method, special attention is paid to the treatment of the tips of the leaves, where the aphid larvae are located, but this method is effective only if the number of the beetle is small.
Another simple method is to spray a decoction of ash. The ash is sieved, then poured with water and brought to a boil. Before use, the solution is settled. On a bucket of water you need about 300 grams of ash. In the already prepared decoction, you can add a little laundry soap.
Infusion of hot pepper is also effective in the fight against aphids. On a bucket of water you need about 100 grams. Such a solution is drawn for 2 days and plants are sprayed with them 3-4 times with an interval of several days.
Infusion celandine. It is finely cut and poured a small amount of warm water. They add shavings of soap about 20-25 grams and leave to infuse for several hours, usually 2-3. Then the solution is filtered and the obtained tincture is sprayed with warped poppies of branches of plants and fruit trees.
Some gardeners use tomato toppers. It is finely chopped, added to a bucket of water and boiled for half an hour. Next, 1 cup of the resulting solution is added to 800 ml of water. Also make an infusion of potato shoots, they are considered more effective.
In the fight against pest apply tincture of onion and garlic. Take one onion and two heads of garlic, twist and add to a pre-prepared solution, which is made from two glasses of water and a tablespoon of baby shampoo or soap. The resulting goo insist for more than a day, squeeze garlic and onion from the pulp and, spreading it with water, spray the seedlings.
Tobacco. Its crushed, pre-dried leaves insist 24 hours in 5 liters of warm water. 200 grams of tobacco will be enough for this. Then dilute the resulting tincture in 10 liters of water and boil for about two hours over low heat.
Folk remedies are used repeatedly and alternate to eliminate the addiction of a harmful insect. The plant itself during the treatment period is fed up so that it does not lose strength. But what to doif the number of aphids increased to colonies? In this case, apply more radical methods.
Watch the video! The best way to deal with aphids
Why does it appear?
Many gardeners after planting pepper notice that aphid appeared on the seedlings. The reasons for this may be different. So, often such parasites attack vegetables because of the wrong temperature conditions, because an overly warm climate contributes to their spread.
Also aphid may appear due to too much moisture in the ground. Gardeners often use raw or already contaminated soil for planting, which also contributes to the spread of such a parasite.
If you plant pepper in a greenhouse, it also does not guarantee that the plant louse does not appear on the seedlings. After all, it can just fly through even too small vents and holes. In the future, the pests will spread to all vegetables.
As a rule, pepper seedlings are grown in greenhouses, on window sills, or simply in greenhouses. Therefore, the most common causes of aphids are infected seeds and earth. Experts recommend carefully checking them before use.
Signs of defeat
There are several signs by which one can understand that the plants were affected by this parasite:
- Deformation of young shoots. They completely lose their original form, and their development and growth stop abruptly.
- The appearance of the leaves deteriorates. They begin to turn yellow. Also, these parts of the plant will soon wither and curl heavily.
- Ovaries are not formed. They cease to form, and the buds simply fall off before they have time to open.
- There is a laying of eggs of parasites. It is formed on the underside of the leaves. Often, along with it, one can see whole colonies of already adult pests.
- The appearance of a volatile fluid. Viscous sticky droplets form on the trunks and leaves of plants, which give the seedlings a light shine.
If you immediately notice these signs, then you should immediately begin treatment of vegetables. Otherwise, in the future they will be impossible to restore. Remember that even in the early stages of infection, great harm is done to the plants, the aphid quickly destroys them.
What to process?
To quickly get rid of aphids, seedlings need to be treated with special tools. Otherwise, the plants will simply die. Today there are various methods and ways to combat these pests. All of them are divided into two main groups:
- Folk remedies. This option involves the use of only natural ingredients.
- Chemicals. They imply the use of insecticides.
Such funds are considered preferable in the early stages of infection of the pepper. They are easy to use and can be easily made even at home. The easiest way is to clean the seedlings with soap or clean water. But do not forget that too strong water pressure can break the fragile bushes of pepper. Also, make sure that it is not too cold, it can greatly harm the vegetables.
But this method is only effective if the pest colonies are too small. Most often for the preparation of the necessary solution using soap. It should be pounded on a grater or finely chopped. For one liter of water, one tablespoon of soap will suffice. After the resulting composition can be sprayed pepper. For better effect, you can add a little ammonia.
Some gardeners use a decoction with ashes to spray seedlings with pepper. It is completely filled with water and put everything to boil. After the resulting solution is left to infuse a little. To make the pest control more effective, you can add some chopped soap or vegetable oil to it.
For such purposes, it is best to take straw or sunflower ash. But tobacco ash is also suitable. Often, during planting, pepper is sprinkled with this ingredient to prevent diseases.
To fight with such parasites, you can use the infusion of bitter red pepper. Make it easy. You need to insist in the water this vegetable for two days. Then it is removed, and the resulting liquid treated seedlings.
You can also apply and coniferous extract. You can buy it already in finished form, and you can cook it yourself. To do this, pour about three kilograms of pine needles in water and boil it all. After cooling, the solution should be infused for one week. After you need to bring the volume of liquid to 10 liters and process it pepper.
Many gardeners use onions and garlic to remove aphids. They are crushed and the resulting mass is filled with water. The liquid must be infused during the day. Then she needs to spray the plants.
Sometimes, gardeners use a dandelion to kill aphids. To do this, 0.5 kg of leaves should be filled with water (10 liters). All you need to insist 3-4 hours, and after spraying the patient pepper with the prepared broth.
Tomato tops are also often used to remove aphids. To do this, 1 kg of tops are crushed and poured with 10 liters of water. Then the infusion is infused for 4 hours and brought to a boil. After it is recommended to insist broth for another 3 hours.
Some people in the fight against such a parasite prefer mustard. It should be 10 grams of mustard powder mixed with 10 liters of pure water. All this should be insisted 2 days. Before spraying it is better to dilute the broth with clean water in a ratio of 1: 4.
Most modern gardeners prefer specialized chemicals. The most common of these are the tablets "Intavir", "Arrivo", "Decis" and "Kinmiks", which are diluted with water. According to many experts, they are the most effective. But remember that after the treatment of plants with such means to use the fruit can only be after 20-30 days, otherwise they can cause harm to your health.
In addition to these funds, many also emit some other drugs. So, often experts recommend using the insecticide "Aktara". It is great for processing plants in the early stages of the growing season. To make such a solution, it is necessary to dilute the contents of one ampoule in 10 liters of water. The resulting composition is easiest to use in the spray.
The drug "Karbofos" is also often used to destroy aphids. To prepare the solution, you need only 1 tablespoon of the tool and 10 liters of water. Treatment with such an insecticide is carried out twice with an interval of 8-10 days.
Insecticide "Aktellik" is a strong chemical agent against aphids. It is based on a special substance - pyrimiphos-methyl. It is he who contributes to the complete destruction of pests on seedlings.
Fury is a contact insecticide. It is best applied in the early stages of the growing season of pepper seedlings.
Do not forget that when handling vegetables with chemicals you need to take precautions. Spray the fruit only in special gloves.If you need to spray too large areas, then you will definitely have to wear a protective suit and respirator.
In addition to chemical preparations, specialists emit special biological agents that can also be used in the fight against aphids. These include "Fitoverm-M". One ampoule of this substance is diluted in 4 liters of water and sick plants are sprayed with a solution.
"Akarin" also refers to biological products. It is diluted in a ratio of 4 liters of water to 2 ml of the product. Treatment with this compound should be carried out with caution. After all, biological poisons, like chemical ones, are dangerous to humans and their health.
Some gardeners breed other insects in their summer cottages that eat aphids. Professionals call them entomophages. These include wasps, ground beetles, ladybugs and their larvae, golden-eyed and predatory species of bedbugs. All of them can not harm the vegetables, but completely destroy the pests.
Breed parasites can and some birds that also feed on aphids. These include tits, warblers, wrens, blood oranges, sparrows, and linnets. To attract them to your land plot, you should plant on it dill, cloves, carrots or parsley.
To destroy pests, you can plant some plants that are able to repel aphids. Among them stand out basil, dill, arugula, parsley and celery. Often, medicinal herbs (melissa, lavender) and flowers (marigolds, daisies) help to get rid of parasites.
Most experts recommend gardeners to carry out preventive measures in their gardens so that the aphids do not attack vegetables. Remember that even small damaged areas of plants should be immediately removed from the site. Also be sure to watch for watering.
Too frequent irrigation of the plants will lead to excessive soil moisture, and insufficient watering will cause it to dry out. Both that, and another can lead to appearance of an aphid on pepper.
Because of what aphid can appear
Before you start fighting with a pest, you should find out exact reason for his appearance. The insect feeds on plant sap. Everyone knows that the fruits and seedlings of pepper are saturated with water. That is what attracts pests to young seedlings.
The appearance on the leaves of pepper aphids due to the cycle of its life. Insect eggs overwinter under tree bark or fallen leaves. When warm spring days arrive, female aphids hatch, and later colonies of pests form from them.
Ants play a very large role in the spread of aphids. They feed on the pad, that is, the waste products of these pests. In return, ants help individuals to move to another area.
If pepper pests do not fight, then you can not wait for the harvest at all. Even before the ovary appears, the insect will destroy all the seedlings. Such problems will prevent an optimal set of anti-aphid remedies.
What you need to do to get rid of aphids
You can fight with aphids on pepper by different means. They are divided into three groups:
- Folk recipes.
- Biological preparations.
If apha attacked pepper seedlingsit is very difficult to destroy. The difficulty lies in the fact that it is undesirable to spray chemicals indoors. Because of this, to protect seedlings, summer residents use preparations made according to popular recipes. They do not destroy aphids eggs, but only help adults to eliminate them. Seedlings are treated several times. This is necessary to achieve the desired result.
The choice of the most suitable method of pest control is selected depending on the place of seed growth. If the seedlings germinate in a greenhouse or house, it is preferable to use organic and biological products. But for the street, you can use chemical means.
Seedlings germinate in the apartment - how to deal with aphids and what to do
Indoors carry out the treatment of seedlings from aphids without the use of insecticides.
If a lot of bugs accumulated on the leaves of pepper, it is better to cut and burn them. This will help you quickly remove large quantities of pests and eliminate the aphids left on other leaves.
Folk recipes to combat pest:
- Soap solution. It is used to treat the leaves of seedlings from sticky honeydew. To prepare it, you must take 10 grams of any soap and grind. After that, dissolve in 2 liters of water. After the soap solution gets a uniform consistency, they should process the pepper seedlings. This event is desirable to spend 3 or 4 times. This will help completely get rid of the larvae and adults.
- Tobacco dust and ash. In order to prepare this folk remedy, you need to take 50 grams of ash and tobacco powder, as well as 2 liters of water. All stirred until a homogeneous mass and insist for 4 days. After that, mix the solution again, filter it and add liquid soap (2 tablespoons). This means sprayed the stems and leaves of pepper.
- Infusion of leaves and tomatoes. Take 1 kilogram of tomato tops, chop well and pour 10 liters of water. Insist this mass for 4 hours, and then put on fire until the mass boils completely. Leave the hot mass to infuse for 3 hours. Before you spray the plants, you need to dilute the infusion with water in proportions of 1: 3.
- Pyrethrum. A good auxiliary tool to combat aphids is pyrethrum flower. The substance that this plant secretes affects small parasites. You just need to put the pot with this flower next to the seedlings that are infected with aphids.
- Onion infusion. Crush 30–50 grams of onion head and mix them with husks. After that, pour 1 liter of water into this mixture and draw the mass for 5 hours. In the resulting mixture, you must pour 5 grams of chopped soap. Strain and bring the mass to a volume of 1 liter with water.
- Infusion of red pepper. You need to take 1 kilogram of fresh peppers (or 300 grams of dry) and pour it with 10 liters of water. Leave to infuse for 24 hours. When the tool is ready, before processing plants it must be diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10.
- Sorrel infusion. 400 grams of horse sorrel roots need to be boiled with boiling water and infused for 3 hours.
- Sunflower oil and water. A mixture of 10 liters of water and 1 cup of sunflower oil over the seedlings is sprayed or used to treat the stems and leaves that are affected by the pest. This method for the season is recommended to use 3 times.
How to protect seedlings in the street
Insecticidal preparations to combat aphids on pepper seedlings are highly effective, then it is undesirable to use them because of the high toxicity in the room. To destroy the pest in the open air, you can use the following tools:
- Fufanon. Means pest affects contact and shows a good result. He has a wide range of effects. It is used not only from aphids, but also from other pests that spoil the plants. With large concentrations of aphids helps well. Not dangerous for people, animals and normal insects.
- Intavir Aphid affects intestinal and contact way. You can purchase this drug in tablet form. For complete destruction of the pest, the plant is processed 3 times before flowering.
- Actellic. In the ampoules there is a solution of contact and system action, from which a means for processing in the form of spraying is prepared. This drug has a second class of danger, but its effect is instant. It is dangerous for people and animals.
- Karbofos. To prepare the solution for processing, you need to dilute 1 spoonful of the preparation in 10 liters of water. After that, the seedlings can be sprayed.
- Aktara. Pepper with this chemical should be sprayed twice with an interval of 7 days. It starts to work in half an hour. Nutrition insects prevent its active ingredients. After 24 hours, the pest will be destroyed. The drug has a third class of toxicity, it carries a threat to the life of some species of other insects.
Plants should be processed in the evening and windless weather. Do not use the drug in the rain.
Aphids on peppers in the greenhouse - how to fight
Peppers that sprout in the greenhouse, you need to pay special attention. To process them, you can use chemical and traditional methods of struggle, as described above, as well as biological methods.
In the beds with peppers attract insects and birds that eat aphids. To do this, the peppers are left to the insects for a treat or planted with a pungent smell. Aphids eat such insects:
- Ground beetles
If these insects live in your area, then soon they will destroy the aphids in your greenhouse. But this option is possible only if the beds are small. With a large territory they can not cope.
These insects are attracted to the garden with the scent of lavender, basil, peppermint, marigold, coriander. These plants are capable of their strong smell to repel aphids. They must be planted near the beds of pepper in small groups or alone.
Little birds use active aphids: Linnet, titmouse, blood orangefish, sparrows. To attract a bird to your site, make a birdhouse for it or install a feeder with water and food.
In the period of the formation and ripening of the fruit can not be applied chemicals.
The complex of preventive measures includes:
- Prepare a hydrogen peroxide spray and spray them on the seedlings.
- Create suitable conditions for forcing the seedlings of pepper, temper it from aphid attacks.
- Regularly treat all tools and the surface of the greenhouse with caustic soda or bleach.
- Next to pepper plant garlic and onions.
- Thoroughly decontaminate the seeds with hydrogen peroxide.
- Disinfect the soil and drive out all the ants.
Why aphid attacks pepper
Aphids on bell peppers appear because the fruits of this plant are very juicy and mostly consist of water. A consequence of the appearance of this pest is the attack of ants. Padia beckons them - a favorite delicacy that aphid emits. As a result, pepper leaves are beginning to deform and wither, it is possible that the seedlings may become unsuitable for harvesting at all.
What types of aphids inhabit pepper
In nature, there are several varieties of this insect, however, green and black aphids are a major threat to seedlings. These tiny midges not only “dry” the plants, but also secrete a drop, which contributes to the development of soot fungi. This kind of mold causes serious damage to the pepper shrub.
Signs of aphid presence
The following symptoms may indicate that aphid appeared on seedlings of pepper:
- yellowing, twisting and dropping of leaves,
- buds are not tied, the grown buds are showered,
- plants are covered with a viscous liquid (pad), from which the surface becomes shiny and sticky,
- presence of egg clutches and adults on the back of the sheet plate.
The attacks of aphid colonies are not complete: infected seedlings do not grow and develop well. To prevent the spread of the pest, it is necessary to take timely measures to combat aphids on the pepper.
The biological method of dealing with aphids on pepper is to attract natural enemies: birds (sparrows, tits, hemp or blood beetles), as well as beneficial insects (ladybirds, gold-eyed or flower girls).
Good attracts beneficial insects richly flowering and fragrant plants such as nettle, chamomile, marigold, parsley, yarrow or lavender. Gardeners with experience recommend planting mint, coriander or garlic next to the seedlings of the pepper.
There are also special biological composition, created on the basis of extracts from herbs. These are highly effective and absolutely safe for human health drugs of the new generation. These include: the drug Fitoverm, Akarin or Boverin.
It will help to destroy the aphids on the pepper soap solution, which is made in the proportion of 5 g of soap per 1 liter of water. He insist at least 5 hours, then filtered and used for spraying the bushes or wiping the leaves. For maximum effect, such processing of pepper from aphids is carried out at least 3-4 times.
To remove the aphids will help the infusion of ash (2 cups of the product diluted in a bucket of water and add 100 g of soap solution). The mixture is ready for use after a day.
A mixture of ash and tobacco dust is effective against aphids. 50 g of each component is mixed with 2 liters of water.
What to do if aphids appeared on peppers and eggplants. To get rid of the pest, you can use spruce essence, which is intended for use both indoors and in the open ground. 500 g of pine needles insist in 2 liters of water for 7 days. When applying 40 g of the obtained essence is diluted in 1 liter of water and sprayed with pepper seedlings. These properties have infusions based on garlic and yarrow.
Another popular recipe for aphids using soda. In 1 liter of water must be dissolved 40 g of soap and 1 tbsp. l soda The solution does not need to insist, it is immediately ready for use.
Dry mustard (30 g) is brewed in 0.5 liters of water and infused for 3 days. In the resulting solution add so much liquid so that the total volume reaches 10 liters.
Not less popular ammonia from aphids. It is effective due to the fact that it has an irritating effect on the respiratory organs, causing paralysis in insects. The tool also affects the digestive system of insects, causing burns to the mucous membranes, cramps and painful death.
To prepare the solution will need 2 tbsp. l ammonia, 1 tbsp. l liquid soap (dishwashing detergent) and 10 liters of water. The prepared solution is used in the same way.
Ammonia from aphids also gives a good effect. Its peculiar smell repels insects. Besides the fact that the tool protects plants from pests, it also restores the fertility of the soil and serves as an excellent fertilizer for plants.
To get rid of aphids on pepper will help the solution, which consists of the following ingredients: 50 g of grated soap, the same amount of ammonia and 10 liters of water. The solution is sprayed on the affected pest beds.
Hydrogen peroxide from aphids - the same effective remedy against pests. A solution based on it irrigates the leaves and stalks of pepper. In addition, hydrogen peroxide is used to treat greenhouses as a means of preventing mold.
To prepare the solution mix 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tbsp. l alcohol, 3 drops of dishwashing detergent and 900 ml of water. This mixture is prepared immediately before use.
Pests attack beds not only in the open field. Also, aphid plant on peppers in the greenhouse, despite the fact that the structure contributes to a certain isolation of seedlings. Wet and warm microclimate in such structures create a favorable environment for the spread of pests.
And if the use of the methods described above does not allow for the removal of aphids from pepper, then in such situations chemical agents come to the rescue. They are most effective in the fight against malicious insects. Sometimes only one treatment is enough to completely get rid of aphids on peppers. However, we should not forget that because of its toxicity, insecticidal preparations are not recommended for use at home.
The question of how to process pepper from aphids arises among those who have aphids attacked the seedlings for the first time. The following products are in great demand among gardener lovers:
- Karbofos - a potent insecticide designed to combat insect pests. From it prepare a solution (for 10 liters of water 1 tablespoon of the drug), which is sprayed with infected seedlings.
- Fufanon - an insecticide with a wide spectrum of action. It effectively fights against pests of vegetable and fruit-berry plantations: aphids, mites, whitefly, moths, hornbills, etc. The solution is sprayed seedlings in calm and dry weather. It is prepared at the rate of 1 ampoule (5 ml) for 1-2 l of water.
- Aktara is a chemical agent intended for treating plants in the early stages of the growing season. The chemical is sprayed twice with pepper with a break of 7 days. After half an hour from the moment of processing, the pests refuse food, after a day they die. The drug belongs to the 3rd class of toxicity, in connection with which it is dangerous to other species of insects.
- Fury is another pesticide used to treat fruit and vegetable plants. Do not use the drug during flowering.
- Intavir is an insecticidal agent that is effective in combating moth, Colorado potato beetle, thrips, bedbugs, aphids, sorrel leaf beetles and potato cow. The tablet must be diluted in a bucket of water and the resulting solution spray pepper.
- Actellic is an effective drug of enteric-contact action against flower and garden pests. 1 ampoule is designed for 2 liters of liquid at a consumption rate of 10 square meters. m. square.
You can not use pesticides during budding, as well as during the fruiting of peppers. In this case, it is better to use folk remedies.
Combating aphids by chemical methods
При применении химических средств необходимо тщательно ознакомиться с инструкцией. В данном случае подойдут препараты, которые можно применять в закрытом помещении.
Данный препарат используют для обработки растений на ранней стадии вегетации. Обработка проводится пару раз с перерывом в одну неделю. After 30 minutes after spraying, the pest stops sucking the sap of the plant, and dies a day later. One ampoule of such a solution is enough for a bucket of water. The diluted drug is poured into the sprayer and irrigated with damaged plants. The tool is very toxic, so when applying it, you need to be careful.
One of the popular insecticides, which is used in the fight against all kinds of harmful insects. One tablespoon of the drug is diluted in a bucket of water. The resulting solution is sprayed twice with pepper seedlings with an interval of 7 to 10 days.
The drug is used to destroy various types of insects in vegetable and fruit crops. The plant is sprayed with the prepared solution - 5 ml per 2 liters of water.
The drug is used to kill insects such as:
- Colorado beetle,
- potato ladybug,
A solid preparation in the form of tablets, which are dissolved in 10 liters of water. If the number of plants to be processed is small, then the tablet is divided into several parts, taking into account the reduction of the dose of water. Sprayed twice a week.
Biological processing methods
Biological means include products based on natural flowers and herbs. These include the following.
The tool is used to destroy caterpillars, ticks, aphids and thrips. Suitable for processing vegetables, fruits and houseplants. Sold in 2 ml ampoules. Such an ampoule is diluted in 4 liters of water.
It is used to destroy all types of sucking pests for vegetables, fruit and ornamental crops. To prepare a solution of 2 ml of Akarin diluted with 4 liters of water.
Biological insecticides are as dangerous to humans as chemical ones. Therefore, the treatment must be carried out with caution. Natural processing methods are the least harmful to cultivated plants and are used to destroy aphids on pepper during the growing season.
Good insects, birds and some plants help in the fight against aphids. If you plant the necessary crops that attract beneficial birds and beetles, you can significantly reduce the risk of aphids. Good aphid repellents are aromatic herbs such as basil, mint or lavender.
Tip! Reduce the pest invasion will help garlic, onions or fennel, if you plant them between the rows at the edges.
Fighters with aphids are ladybugs, hoverflies, gold-eyed and ground beetles. To help them, you need to lure them to the garden plot, planting the plants that they feed on. Daisies or fennel are planted for bait hovering. Ground beetles like amaranth or plants of the type of nightshade. Glazed eyes will delight the shady places with a fern. Several tanks with sawdust placed around the garden will be interesting for earwigs.
Lovers of aphids are such winged as sparrows, tits, linnet and chiffon. In order for helpers to take root, especially in winter, it is necessary to equip the garden with nesting boxes and fill them with food and fodder. Attracting aphid lovers you only need natural products.
An effective way to combat aphids is prevention. It is better to spend more time in the fall for cleaning and delivery of quality soil. Make sure that the lights, watering and feeding plants were properly organized. Continuous monitoring of plants and the detection of aphids in the early stages will get rid of it using traditional methods.
Watch the video! How to get rid of aphids on pepper seedlings and eggplant
What types of aphids infect pepper
Food aphids - sap plants. The pest takes it not only from the leaves, but also from shoots, roots, flowers. These insects have a proboscis with which they pierce the surface.
- sizes in different types - from 0.3 to 8 mm,
- transparent, they adapt to the color of the leaves of the affected plant,
- life expectancy is about a month
- females can fly, infecting other bushes in this way,
- over the summer, the female makes up to 10 egg layings, that is, reproduces several thousand pests,
- Eggs left by females among fallen leaves or in the cracks of tree bark winter in the garden.
High reproduction rates are possible under conditions of warm temperature and high humidity. For a few days she can settle in all the beds. Best of all the pest feels in the greenhouse or on the seedlings at home.
Pepper can settle:
- tobacco aphid, having a greenish-yellow or pinkish tint, red eyes and dimensions of about 2.5 mm,
- potato aphid red or green, with a body of up to 4 mm,
- root with a waxy coating on a yellow, white or greenish body,
- home (black, white, green, red) aphid can live on seedlings if it is infected with indoor flowers.
Pests can get on peppers from clothing or untreated tools.
There are more than 3,000 species of aphids. Black and green are a major threat to peppers.
Aphid settles on pepper because its juicy leaves have a thin top cover. This allows the pest to easily obtain food.
How to get rid of aphids
If an insect is noticed as soon as it appears, coping with it is much easier than in the later stages of infection.
To start, the affected plants need to feed, because strong peppers better resist the invasion of insects.
There are many ways to get rid of these harmful insects - from simple to use folk to chemical ones that will help save planting in severe cases.
For peppers growing on the street, you can apply chemical processing methods. At home for seedlings is better to use traditional methods of dealing with aphids, organic products or biological methods. To destroy aphids on peppers in the greenhouse, apply any methods.
In all cases, treated bushes in the evening, in the absence of rain and wind. Strongly affected leaves are neatly cut and burned before work begins.
Processing folk remedies
During flowering and during the formation of fruits, preference is given to traditional methods of processing peppers from aphids. But most of these tools are destroyed by adults, and egg clutches are not harmed.
Single treatment is indispensable. It will take at least 4–5 procedures to completely get rid of aphids.
Folk remedies are suitable for processing seedlings of peppers.
Method of preparation / use
For processing peppers from aphids, you can use infusions of plants.
Method of preparation / use
In addition, milk with iodine, vinegar, vodka, birch tar, boric acid is used to combat aphids on pepper.
While there are very few insects, you can wash them off the leaves with cold water from a hose or remove them from the leaves with your hands.
Finished products to combat aphids
If the use of popular recipes did not bring success, use ready-made preparations.
They process the planting of pepper in the open air (in the greenhouse - with the door open) and long before harvesting the fruit.
Some tools can be used at home for seedlings, but an indication of this must be on the package. Act strictly according to the instructions: exactly meet the requirements for drug concentration and frequency of spraying.
Such compositions are very effective, often only one treatment helps.
Due to the fact that the aphid gets used to chemicals and stops responding to treatment, the funds need to be alternated.
Working with such materials, be sure to use protective equipment: wear a hat, trousers and a shirt with long sleeves. Eyes are closed with glasses, and respiratory organs - with a mask or respirator.
When processing seedlings on the balcony, you can close the peppers with a thick plastic bag, and spray the substance under it. The hole through which the spraying was done, tightly cover. Sprouts are left in this position for a day.
Insecticides made on the basis of:
- synthetic pyrethroids - analogues of natural pyrethroids, which are in the flowers of Dalmatian chamomile,
- organophosphorus compounds that have a neuroparalytic effect,
- Neonicotinoids - very toxic to insects.
These are such drugs:
The tool “Pepper Rescuer” helps against all diseases and many pests, it affects both adult individuals and larvae. Insects do not get used to it, it is possible to re-process plants with this preparation.
Biopreparations are less dangerous for people and animals (products that are produced on the basis of vegetable raw materials):
There are many other biological products. They not only destroy aphids and other pests on peppers, but also feed them. This makes plants strong, able to resist infection.
When buying, you should make sure that the tool is intended for processing garden crops.
Solutions prepared for processing are not stored in diluted form. Many drugs are dangerous for bees and other beneficial insects.
How to prevent infection - preventive measures
It is much easier to prevent the appearance of aphids in the beds of peppers than to fight them when they multiply strongly and begin to destroy the planting.
The basis of prevention is the correct agricultural technology:
- use of healthy planting material
- disinfection of seeds before planting,
- seedling lighting,
- landing young shoots on the illuminated place
- placement of beds with peppers next to onions and garlic,
- regular watering without drying out and remoistening the land.
- pre-fumigating greenhouses and greenhouses with sulfur bombs,
- the use of quality land for seedlings and disinfection of soil in the area with potassium permanganate, lime, caustic soda or bleach,
- fighting ants
- dusting the soil with ashes.
For preventive treatment of plantings, you can use herbal infusions. It is useful to put onion peel into the hole when transplanting seedlings to a permanent place.
Aphids have natural enemies: birds and insects. They can stop the significant settlement of pests in open beds.
Small birds are attracted to the site: tits, sparrows, hemp trees, and kings. Birdhouses are being built for them, drinkers and feeders are made.
Golden-eyed aphids, beetles, horsemen, ladybugs, wasps, crickets, earwigs, hoverflies, actively eat. They are attracted by the smell of herbs: mint, lavender, basil, coriander. The marigolds, nettle, fennel, chamomile, and celery have a similar effect. The very aphids are scaring off such aromas, so these plants should be planted near the sweet peppers.
Causes and signs of damage to seedlings pepper pepper plants
Aphids are a common, harmful insect that usually infects young shoots and the inner side of foliage. The source of infection of seedlings of aphids are garden ants, which carry them from plant to plant. The insect feeds on the juice, sucking it from pepper and other plants, and the ants, in turn, consume the pad - the sweet substance secreted by the aphids. Very often, aphid is a distributor of viral disease - galls, the formation of which are the cause of the death of seedlings.
As a result of the defeat, the seedlings do not survive well, turn yellow, the foliage and buds fall off, the plants dry out.
Wet hot summer, as well as the microclimate created in greenhouses - humidity above 75% and t ° above + 22 ° C contribute to the spread of aphids.
To determine the defeat of seedlings of pepper aphids can be on the following grounds:
- the seedlings are covered with a cluster of small insects of black or green color and their eggs, especially a lot of them on the inside of the foliage,
- the leaves and stems are shiny and sticky from the insects released by insects,
- the plant slows growth, its leaves curl and then dry.
You can fight the pest using various methods:
- chemicals and technological means
- physical and biological effects
- folk remedies.
Physical, chemical and other methods
1. The physical method consists in mechanically removing insects from seedlings or washing them off with a stream of cold water.
2. Chemical method. The use of modern drugs gives a lasting result in the fight against infection by aphids. In many cases, one-time processing is enough to get rid of both the aphids and its eggs. If desired, these funds can be combined to obtain a more pronounced result.
Attention! It is not recommended to use insecticides for the treatment of seedlings growing in the greenhouse.
For an effective fight, you can use drugs:
3. Technological method. As an effective tool proven modern insecticides of organic origin.
- "Vitax Organic 2 in 1 Pest & Disease Control",
- "Bayer Organic Pest Control",
- "Doff All in One Bug Spray".
Due to a fairly mild effect, the treatment of seedlings with these preparations will need to be repeated several times.
4. Biological method. The presence of natural predators that destroy the aphids, can effectively deal with its spread. These include:
- insects: ladybug, golden-eyed, hoverfly,
- birds: Zoryanka robin, tits, sparrows.
Attention! Growing nettle, fragrant herbs and siderates on the site helps attract beneficial insects.
Among the well-known folk methods, regular spraying with solutions has recommended itself positively:
- On the basis of red bitter pepper. 2 hours cook pepper in water (1:10), cool, strain.
- Based on garlic. Day insist chopped garlic (150 g) in hot water (1 l). Press the cake, and strain the infusion, add grated soap - 1 table. spoon. Dilute the resulting solution with 8 liters of water.
- Based on herbs. Broth made from tansy, wormwood, rhubarb or yarrow will also help get rid of aphids on pepper. Both dried and fresh herbs can be used for this purpose, having previously dried them and then ground them. Tansy and wormwood taken 1 kg each should be boiled for 15 minutes, obtained decoction, add water to a volume of 10 liters, add 40 g of soap.
- On the basis of detergent. Dishwashing detergent should be dissolved in water (1:20).
- Based on ash. Day insist in a bucket of water 1 cup of wood ash, then add soap or detergent - 20 g
- Based on soap. Crushed soap (25 g) dissolved in water (1 l).
Since the aphids multiply very quickly, the key to effective control is the timely processing of the seedlings of peppers, as well as the implementation of preventive measures.
- Regular inspection of plants, especially should pay attention to the lower side of the foliage.
- Growing seedlings in greenhouse conditions - creating an optimal microclimate: t ° day + 20-25 ° C, t ° night + 16-20 ° C, placing the plants so that they do not touch each other, disinfect the soil before planting, disinfect inventory, remove plant residues.
- When grown in open ground, weeds should be regularly removed, and onions and garlic should be planted around the perimeter of the plot, which have a frightening odor.
If aphids are found on seedlings, use one of the methods provided to get rid of it.