Rose wrinkled or rosa rugosa - This is one of the varieties of plants belonging to the species of wild rose and the Rosaceae family. This is one of the most unpretentious flowering bushes for care and planting, it made it common among most gardeners, both in our country and abroad.
This variety of rose is a shrub plant, the height reaches several meters. The branches of the bush come in various shapes, they can travel over the ground or up above the ground. Outdated shoots, over time, begin to lose foliage and become brown.
Wrinkled dog rose has lush foliage, which in its texture resembles a "header". By the end of autumn the leaves turn bright yellow.
Rubra is a plant that begins to bloom one of the very first, beginning or middle of June. By the beginning of autumn, large orange fruits begin to ripen on the rose.
The homeland of such a rose is considered to be East (China, Eastern Siberia), where it grows mainly on the coast, so it is often called the "coastal flower".
The plant is not whimsical, therefore, transfers high-temperature drops. In addition, the bush can be planted in fresh or salty soils. From it were derived several other varieties of this plant, flowering properties and a strong aroma are preserved.
Not many people know, but rosa rugosa, has different varieties, differing from each other in bud color, bush size.
The first rose of this hybrid was bred by a Belgian gardener in 1918. The initial form of this bush was a rubra rose, which was subsequently crossed with an unknown rose.
On its peduncle can be located close to 10 colors of crimson or red shades. The aroma of this plant is much less than that of rugoza. The diameter of the flowers is 4 cm. This plant has become popular, this is due to the unusual shape of the flower, outwardly similar to the blooming of carnations (the second name is “carnation”).
Grootendorst on the photo, a general view of the bush:
The height of the middle bush reaches one meter; it looks like a rectangle with dark green leaves.
This is one of the hybrids of the above-mentioned variety, with only pink flowers, it is one of the most ancient. The height of the bush reaches one and a half meters with pale green leaves that have a wrinkled shape, but also a brilliant shade. Flowers reach 3 cm in diameter. The bush blooms profusely, so many plant a rose at once with several bushes, thus creating a blooming hedge.
One of the varieties of rose rubra bush which height is from 2 to 2.5 meters. The flowers have a pinkish tint, the shape resembles a bowl, and the diameter is 5-6 cm. It blooms profusely with a slight aroma. It combines well with other plants.
Rose Alba has white flowers. This is one of the varieties that survived in the frosts of Siberia. Blooms profusely, great for forming different flower beds in combination with other flowering plants.
This is another type of appearance similar to Alba. But in contrast to the previous type of Hans different pale pink flowers. Often it is combined with a variety of flowering low-growing plants.
This is one of the small plants of this sort, its height is 0.5 meters. It has large, wrinkled, bright green leaves. Flowers become purple hue, diameter is 9 cm. This is one of the varieties of roses, has a strong aroma. For the winter it does not need to be covered, it tolerates frost well.
Reviews of rose rubra
If you analyze the reviews of gardeners, let's summarize:
- Rose rubra - is a fragrant plant, with a pleasant aroma,
- It is not whimsical to different types of soil,
- It does not require special care,
- Shrub rarely gets sick,
- It can withstand high temperature variations,
- Abundant flowering, allows you to create blooming hedges on its basis.
Planting and care
The plant is not whimsical to various weather conditions and planting, despite this, you should still know the basic rules.
For planting it is necessary to choose a well-lit area, they love the light, in this case, plains or southern slopes are perfect. The soil should be fertile, before planting it can be fertilized with organic fertilizers.
Rose hips are planted mainly in the spring, until the buds start to bloom or fall. Planting should be carried out at a distance of 1.5 meters, to create a hedge the distance is reduced to 1 meter, if the plants are not high, to 0.5 meters. The depth of the hole should be 20 cm. After planting, the plant requires abundant watering and mulching.
In the summer period, wild rose requires moderate watering, it should not be poured, but also to prevent the soil from drying out. The plant requires periodic feeding, but not more than 1 time in 2 weeks. Top dressing experienced gardeners recommend alternating: organic, inorganic.
The rose is propagated by seed or cutting.
Periodically dogrose requires pruning.
How to rejuvenate a rose
Rejuvenation of roses wrinkled, such varieties as Alba, Hans or most of the others is produced by means of pruning, with the result that the plant will bloom from year to year, and delight those around you with abundant lush flowering. The first few years the bush does not require pruning. After 3 years, it is necessary to remove from it all weak branches lying on the soil and the offspring of the root, which are located in its base. All other branches must be cut, while leaving 20 cm. Do not touch 5-6 strong and healthy branches, mostly annuals.
After pruning will need to be annually, while removing the underdeveloped branches and perennial shoots (4-6 years).
Many lovers are interested in, are there any other nuances for breeding wrinkled roses and are they susceptible to diseases?
The plant is resistant to various diseasesThis is one of the main facts that made it so popular in many countries with different climates. That is what makes it a worthy competitor to garden roses, many of which are undoubtedly much more spectacular, only to see them as beautiful as they are promised in the catalogs is not always possible, and all because of susceptibility to disease.
Propagate the plant can be seeds. For this you need to collect them at the end of autumn. You can sow them immediately in the fall or next year in the spring.
During reproduction by cuttings, many people make a big mistake by first placing the rhizomes in water, their roots are fragile and being in a liquid contributes to their destruction and, as a result, seedlings do not survive.
Where can one buy
You can buy a sapling of wrinkled roses in a specialized gardener's store or order it online. In recent years, various online stores with garden plants practice delivering plants to their consumers by cash on delivery.
You can buy a wrinkled rose in such nurseries
Rose rugosa wrinkled, it is a powerful shrub capable of growing more than two meters in height. The branches of the rugoza have a varied shape, and the woody shoots become brown with a small amount of leaf or without it. Young shoots of roses of a rozyza of bright green color, pubescent with thick pile. Almost all varieties of shoots are covered with thorns, small, needle-shaped, large have a sickle-like appearance, extended at the base.
On the stems are alternate leaves of oval shape with teeth on the edges, distinguished by their shiny surface, on the reverse side with gray pubescence. As for flowers, they can be single, like those of wild rose, or collected in small inflorescences, several pieces on one pedicel. Fragrant flowers of the most diverse color spectrum, white, red, pink and so on.
With its resistant rose rugosa, owes a kind of root systemwhich can grow several meters deep and at the same time be close to the surface, growing far around the bush.
Rosebush consists of a large number of varietiesthat belong to the hybrid, among them there are some especially common among gardeners.
- One of the most popular is the Queen of the North, this variety grown from seed by a botanist scientist Eduard Regel. The height of the plant is more than a meter, it has large terry peduncles, light pink in color, with a pleasant aroma. This is the most frost-resistant plant of all kinds of rogoza.
- Hansa cattail has won no less popularity; it is a volumetric bush almost a meter wide, with upright branches that reach a height of almost two meters, wrinkled leaves of a rich bright green color, flower buds are collected in inflorescences of several pieces, pink with a yellow stamen in the middle . Carnations have a pleasant aroma, bloom until late autumn, a frost-resistant plant, not susceptible to disease. Grow, maybe in shaded areas.
- Rugelda also belongs to the bush that is resistant to frost and is resistant to diseases. This tall, powerful plant, the inflorescences of which consist of two dozen buds, has a scarlet color, however, as the petals open, they turn yellow with red spots along the edge of the petals.
- Dagmar, quite voluminous bush in width, grow, maybe a little over a meter, has a pleasant smell. The buds are cupped pink-red in color, blooms throughout the summer until September.
- Robusta, a very bushy plant, grows, maybe more than two meters, its wrinkled green leaves have a reddish tint, and the buds themselves are scarlet-red in color, velvety to the touch. Form umbellate inflorescence, which includes up to a dozen flowers.
Rosetail wrinkled, it is a beautiful and unusual plant that attracts the views of amazing beauty and variety of colors, and glossy leaves, edged, on the reverse side.
Great breeders did their best, bringing out a huge number of hybrids, and some of them occupy top places, entering the collection of the most successful exclusive varieties. List all available varieties is simply impossible. Its name is wrinkled, rose cattail got due to folded leaves from the outside, which are slightly wrapped down, even if the bush does not bloom, it still looks very nice and original.
Virtues of varieties
The advantages of hybrid varietiesderived by breeding, include the following:
- Their amazing cold resistance, taken from the wild rose.
- Immunity to many diseases.
- Unpretentiousness in the cultivation and care of them, that even a beginner gardeners can do.
- High decorative, which allows them to be used to decorate the landscape area, creating a hedge around the site.
- Fruits derived from plants are used in cooking for making jam jams.
Propagation of the rose rugoza
The wrinkled rose rugosa reproduces in several ways:
After planting, the first time fertilizers for roses are not required, and only three years later, the first dressings should be started with urea. Since the beginning of fruiting, mineral and organic fertilizers are periodically applied.
When the plant is three years old, it is necessary to form a crown. Trimming is a necessary process. for the development of the plant, cut out all the shoots that lie on the ground, weak shoots, and root shoots that are close to the main bush. To improve the fruiting and growth of lateral processes, the shoots pinch. Pruning should be carried out annually, it will improve not only the fruiting, but also the appearance of the shrub.
Description and features of the plant
Wrinkled briar is a wild-growing shrub that people have begun to actively use in landscape design due to its unusualness and beauty. Its height can reach two meters 50 centimeters. Its flowers smell very good and rather large - with a diameter of 6-12 centimeters. They bloom throughout the summer. Due to the re-flowering can be seen on one bush and ripe berries, and only the flowers that have appeared.
Rose rugosa loves light and wet soil and does not like the wind at all. Its leaves are mostly very wrinkled, the shoots are rather thick, with numerous reddish-curved spikes. Sprawling branches and leaves.
The berries are large and fleshy, reddish-orange. They are often used in cooking and traditional medicine, for example, they brew tea and make jam.
The root system of roses is well developed and can extend into the width and depth of the soil for several meters.
Due to this, it tolerates drought well, taking water from the deep soil layers. And from the roots, located close to the surface, often there are new processes.
So, the wrinkled rose is common in gardeners due to its unpretentiousness in care and unique appearance. In the autumn, it is especially unusual and amazing: on one branch there can be both a dark red flower and bright orange fruits.
Popular species and varieties
More valuable today are the varieties of roses, in the name of which is the surname Grottendorst, in honor of the famous Dutch rosewood, who lived more than a hundred years ago. Today, his business is engaged in the company "Rosebergen Grothendorst." Wrinkled rose has a huge number of species:
- Alba. The branches are straight, grow up to 2.5 meters high. The flowers are white with a yellow middle. Berries are rather small and elastic, sweet and sour. Blooms vigorously during the first month of summer.
- Rubra. The width of the bush grows to three meters and up to one and a half - up. The flowers are large, red with crimson. The berries are large, red and orange. It blooms all summer until the beginning of autumn.
- Hansa. In height the bush grows up to two meters with brilliant saturated green leaves. The flowers are terry and heterogeneous, the circumference reaches eighty millimeters, purple with a reddish subtone. The berries are spherical, in circumference up to 25 millimeters, red and orange. It blooms from summer to mid-September.
- Gelbe Dagmar Hastrup. In height, the flower grows up to one and a half meters with a crown circumference of up to 1 meter 20 centimeters, shoots with spikes, the leaves are a bit folded and rather stiff. The flowers are half double, yellow, with a slight, rather pleasant smell. The berries are large and fleshy, reddish. It blooms all summer through the first week of September.
- Dagmar Hastrup. The bush is compact, with a sufficiently large in width and branched, up to one meter in height, with spikes. The flowers are large, smooth, resembling a bowl or saucer in shape, of a delicate pink color. Rounded reddish fruits. It blooms from March to the first frost.
- Darts Defender. Quite a wide plant, reaches a height of two meters. The flowers are large, arranged one by one, pinkish with purple, half terry. The berries are large, reddish with orange. It blooms in July.
- Red Rugostar. The plant is small and neat, in height reaches up to eighty centimeters. The flowers are scarlet, do not smell. The berries are large, reddish with orange. It blooms from March to the first frost.
- Rotes meer. A small, neat, rounded bush, grows to a height of 1 meter 50 centimeters. Half terry flowers are collected in fragrant inflorescences of dark ruby color. The berries are large, fleshy, red. It blooms from March to the onset of severe frosts.
- Scabrosa. The bush reaches a height of two meters fifty centimeters, and the crown circumference is one meter fifty centimeters, with stems strewn with sharp thorns. Large flat flowers with a circumference of more than 8 centimeters are collected in clusters of brush, with a bright pleasant smell. The berries are round, large and fleshy. The first time blooms in summer, the second - in the fall.
Features of rose care
Planting roses is possible both with the help of seeds and vegetatively. Flower growers are advised to replant cuttings or basal processes of roses. Cut green or woody stalks very well.
- it is not required to use a support or tying,
- requires a minimum amount of preventive spraying,
- spring requires cutting all broken, weak and very old processes,
- from spring to summer, it is required to feed the rose with completely mineral fertilizers or mullein,
- after the first flowering, the plant is preferably fed with a solution made on a mullein, and in the fall it is necessary to use phosphorus-potassium supplements.
Rose bushes winter mostly in the open air, remarkably enduring both frost down to minus forty and heat.
But we must not forget that wrinkled roses often develop chlorosis, therefore fertilizers must be complete.
Thus, the cultivation of this rose is a great pleasure for any gardener.
Description of varieties and cultivation nuances
Today, the most common hybrids and varieties of the condemned culture, in the name of which is the name Grottendorst. This gardener made the greatest contribution to the selection of plants.
- Один из самых красивых – сорт «Ф. Дж. Гротендорст», который был выведен путем скрещивания полиантовой розы и сорта «Рубра». В высоту куст может достигать полутора – двух метров, отличается высокой морозоустойчивостью.
- «Пинк Гротендорст» цветет нежно-розовым цветом, форма пирамидальная. The variety originally looks on the background of light green foliage of shrubs.
- The variety "The Queen of the North" is not afraid of sudden cold snaps and blooms with scarlet terry, rather large flowers.
These are only a few varieties of wrinkled roses, which grow well in the middle band. Rose rugosa has very interesting hybrids - "Agnes", "Abelzieds" and many others. The wrinkled “Alba” is also grown everywhere.
Selection of healthy seedlings when buying
The pledge of a healthy, strong and abundantly flowering bush is a competent choice of a sapling when buying.
It can be grafted or have its own root (grown from cuttings).
- When buying, preference should be given to annual saplings.
- Do not be afraid to buy plants with open roots - if the rose was recently dug, it will quickly take root in a new place.
- Shoots of seedlings must be smooth, without damage, in any case not shriveled.
- It is not necessary to acquire seedlings, which already have buds, which often happens in spring. Kidneys should be at rest.
Seedlings that sell in stores in bright packages most likely remain after the autumn sale in Europe. Such plants can be weakened by long winter storage, and their roots are too dry.
Planting wrinkled roses in open ground
It is advisable to wrinkled dogrose in the ground to plant in the spring, so that the plant had time to gain strength before the onset of cold weather. For this type of roses choose a sunny place on the plain, on the south side.
The bush will grow better on loamy soil, saturated with humus.
If the soil on the site is poor, then organic matter should be added to the planting hole. If possible, before planting, the roots of the plant are dipped into the clay talker, and poured into the hole to the humus bucket.
In warm regions, where autumn is long and warm, the rose can be planted in the fall. Bushes are planted at 1.5 meters from neighboring plants. If from a rose wrinkled it is planned to grow a hedge, then 1 meter is left between the plants.
Having dug a hole a little more than the size of the roots, pouring humus on the bottom of it, the seedling is lowered and covered with earth. It is impossible to fill the growth point with soil. The rose should be planted at the same depth at which it grew before the sale.
Planted bushes spill profusely, sprinkle with dry earth and tamp it around the roots.
How to care for flowers
These flowers practically do not require painstaking care and can even be reconciled to drought. The main thing for wrinkled rose hips is good lighting.
- Lighting. The shrub will not bloom in the shade or on the north side of the plot.
- Wind. It is advisable to protect the bushes from drafts.
- Frost resistance. Rosa rugosa, or wild rose, can even withstand extreme cold and overwinter without shelter.
- Watering. The entire period of growth of roses is desirable to water, although they belong to the drought-resistant plants. The rate of watering - a bucket under each bush. Watering should be at least once every two weeks.
To achieve a lush flowering of roses, you must certainly feed them.
- Shrubs will gratefully accept organic supplements, as well as mineral mixtures. But in the first couple of years dogrose can not be fertilized.
- In the third year, urea is already being introduced.
- Then every four years they bring organic matter - humus or peat.
- Loves rose and mineral mixtures, which should be made in the autumn, and in very small quantities.
To shrubs looked decorative, they are cut.
Although this occupation is quite laborious and laborious, it is necessary to carry out pruning.
Carry out the procedure in the fall.
- The first years of life do not cut the hips, and only from the third year begin to cut the shoots that lie on the ground.
- Spring is pruned for sanitary purposes. During the sanitary pruning they remove all too weak and dried shoots, and also shorten too long branches to give a bush a decorative look.
- In the fall, they also remove weakened shoots and too thin, which are unlikely to overwinter.
- Throughout the season, cut off weak branches and remove flowering inflorescences.
Wrinkled dog rose is almost not affected by diseases and pests. Despite the lush, colorful flowering, the bush is a little sick. But if you do not follow the basic rules of care, the plant can greatly weaken.
If the culture is weakened by a prolonged drought or, on the contrary, it is heavily flooded, dew and rust can develop. Against diseases, wild rose is treated in the same way as other types of roses with chemical preparations.
Of insects in the culture can live aphid and spider mite. To destroy parasitic insects, the bushes are sprayed with insecticides.
Use in landscape design
Wrinkled hips are widely used in the design of sites, in the creation of compositions in parks and squares. For example, Alba bush can reach more than two meters in height, which allows it to grow as a living, almost impassable fence.
Wrinkled briar is a great base for fencing and fencing.
These roses look great and singly against the background of emerald-green lawns and conifers.
Crown rosehips perfectly tolerate pruning, which allows the grower to form a shrub of any size and give it the desired shape. The colorful bloom of wrinkled roses will certainly make it the main decoration of the design of the infield.
This type of rose is a shrub reaching two meters in height. Branches of wrinkled roses can have a different look, and old lignified shoots become brown and lose their foliage. According to the species, the rosebush can be creeping or liana-like, with the ability to significantly rise above the level of the soil.
The homeland of this ornamental shrub is Eastern Siberia and China, where it grows on coastal sites in fairly harsh natural conditions. The plant is so hardy that it can easily tolerate soil salinization, severe frosts and drought. In addition, for wrinkled roses do not require any special care, and the lack of dressings can not affect this plant. The decorative effect is also peculiar to the original or usual type of rose, on the basis of which a significant amount of various species and varieties is derived. All bred hybrids combine preserving the original qualities and a pleasant, fairly strong aroma.
Varieties and varieties
To date, the most valuable is the rose rugoza, whose varieties in the names have the surname Grotendorst. This Dutchman was a famous and talented rozovodom more than 100 years ago, today his business is continued by the company “Rosebergen und Grotendorst”.
- "F. Y. Grotendorst. To bring this variety, crossed rose rugoza "Rubra" and the little-known "Polyanthus rose", and the result was a very beautiful shrub, blooming inflorescences from 5 to 20 flowers. The flowers are terry, rich-red, no more than 4 cm in diameter - outwardly they very much resemble a carnation. That is why sometimes the variety is also called "Nelkenrose". The plant is quite unpretentious and well tolerates wintering in the middle lane.
- Pink Grothendorst. A variety of the previous variety, characterized by bright pink flowers, the bush has a pyramidal shape, the leaves are glossy, light green. The flowers are small, terry, have up to 40 petals. In winter hardiness, this variety is not inferior to the first.
- Grottendorst Symprem. An exquisite variety of the first grade, a noble-purple color catches the eye with double flowers.
- White Grotendorst. The only variety that has carved flowers of white color with a very delicate aroma. According to its characteristics is not inferior to previous varieties.
White Grottendorst is a unique sort of wrinkled rose.
Very interesting are some hybrids rugosa. The most beautiful and popular are: “Abelzieds”, “Agnes”, “Georges Ken”, “Conrad Ferdinand Meyer”, “The Queen of the North”, “Hanza”.
Features of growing
Care for a wrinkled rose is really easy. These shrubs are not particularly sensitive to temperature extremes and droughts. But in order to get a beautiful color, it is better to create optimal conditions for the plant.
- Rose wrinkled loves natural sunlight. Therefore, it is better to plant this shrub on the slopes of the southern side or on flat areas well protected from the winds.
- Fergious, sufficiently moist soil is needed for rugoz, this bush will be well-received with regular mineral and organic fertilizers, mulching will be useful.
- Ideally, plant a rose in the spring, before buds bloom on the seedling, but you can do it in the fall. The distance between the bushes should be at least 1.5 meters.
- If you want to create a hedge, seedlings are placed at a distance of 0.5-1 m, between rows, and you need to observe a gap of 60-70 cm. The depth of the fossa is 10-15 cm.
- Soil before planting must be fertilized. From 8 to 10 kg of humus, 10 g of superphosphate, 50 g of potassium salt are recommended to be used per square meter.
- After planting, the soil should be poured abundantly and mulch.
To plant seedlings of rugoza better in early spring.
The shoots of rose rugoza must be cut, leaving no more than one third of the total growth of the seedling. Wrinkled rose looks great in a single planting, and in small groups. This plant is ideal for creating decorative hedges. In spring and summer, rugoza will delight juicy greens and very beautiful, fragrant flowers. And in the fall - purple and purple foliage, contrasting with orange fruits.
The wrinkled rose fence does not only have a decorative function. It will reliably protect the garden from the intrusion of uninvited guests thanks to its rather long and sharp spikes.
After planting fertilizer in the next two years is not necessary. In the third year with the onset of spring, urea must be added to the soil at the rate of not more than 20 g per square meter of soil. When the bush begins to bear fruit, fertilize it like this:
- up to 15 kg of organic fertilizers (humus or peat) per square meter of soil are applied every 3-4 years,
- mineral fertilizers in the same amount as during planting - 50 g of superphosphate and 20 g of potassium salt per square meter are applied at about the same frequency.
In adult plants, the roots can penetrate to a depth of 2.5 meters and grow very strongly in breadth. On the one hand, it is good, the plant will easily endure the forced drought. But on the other hand, such a bush will be worse to bear fruit. To prevent this, it is recommended to dig a sheet of iron or other similar material into the ground around the bush.
You need to feed rugosa starting from the third year of life.
Pruning a bush is a necessary and necessary moment in the care of a wrinkled rose. Begin to trim the shrub in the third year after planting. Removed all weak shoots, branches lying on the ground, as well as root shoots, which are located near the bush. Only five well-developed, strong shoots are left, branches are cut to a height of 15-18 cm.
Stimulate the growth of side branches and fruiting pinching will help. It is carried out when the shoots reach 70 cm in height. Next, you need to annually prune those branches that have little fruit, dry up or get sick. In order for the bush to bloom magnificently and bear fruit well, it is important to control the number of branches in it. They should be no more than 20 in plants 6-7 years of age.
Timely pruning stimulates the growth of young shoots and abundant flowering.
How is wrinkled rose used
The plant is used not only for decorative purposes. It is also grown for the sake of flowers and fruits. From the petals you can make fragrant tea and jam, as well as refreshing toilet water for the face.
Compotes are made from the berries, broths and infusions are prepared for the treatment of certain diseases. Like dogrose, rugosa contains ascorbic acid, albeit in smaller quantities. Therefore, the fruits are used for the treatment and prevention of vitamin deficiencies, used in dietary therapeutic nutrition.
Any of the varieties of wrinkled roses is worth it to decorate their garden or flower bed near the house. However, it is worthwhile to be careful of people who are prone to allergic reactions to odors and pollen.
The cost of seedlings depends on the plant variety and region. For example, in the Moscow region the price fluctuates around 500-700 rubles apiece. In the southern regions (Rostov Region, Krasnodar Territory) the cost is lower - about 300 rubles.
Varieties of rose wrinkled
Currently, the most common varieties of roses are those in the name of which there is the surname Grotendorst.
It was this talented and well-known Dutch gardener who specialized in roses that brought out most of the varieties and founded the company “Rosebergen und Grotendorst”, which is still continuing its undertakings.
- F.J.Grotendorst For the breeding of this variety, the varieties Rubra and Polyantovaya Roza were crossed. In total, beautiful shrubs turned out, with double flowers reaching 4 centimeters in diameter, saturated with crimson-red color, resembling carnations in appearance. Therefore, the second name of the variety is "Nelkenroze", translated from German - clove rose. In the height of the bushes grow up to 1.5 meters, upright, with dark green shiny leaves. Possess high frost resistance and not strongly pronounced smell.
- Pink Grottendorst. It is a variety of the first variety, distinguished by a bright pink shade of flowers and a pyramidal shape of a shrub. The leaves of this variety are light green in color, and the flowers are small, densely double, with carved petals, up to 4 centimeters in size, gathered in inflorescences up to 15 pieces. Very interesting shrubs look surrounded by light green plants. Bushes bloom profusely, in several waves.
- Grottendorst Symprem. Differs from other varieties of dark crimson flowers.
- White Grotendorst. It is the only variety that has flowers of white color, with carved edges of petals and a delicate smell.
- Grottendorst Abelziedz. Shrub up to 2 meters high, with a pyramid shape, cup-shaped semi-double flowers of a delicate pink shade, reaching up to 6 centimeters in diameter. The flowering period is long and abundant. Winter hardy
- Agnes. The variety has large double flowers, up to 8 centimeters in diameter, cream with yellow color, darkened towards the center, and a pleasant aroma.
- Georges Ken. Differs in large fragrant semi-double cupped flowers of dark red color.
- Konrad Ferdinand Meyer. Variety with strongly double flowers, with fragrant smell, bright silver-pink color and abundant flowering.
- Hanza It has reddish and purple flowers, large in size up to 10 centimeters in diameter, with a strong odor.
- My Hammerberg. Shrubs of this variety are characterized by low growth of up to 50 centimeters, with weakly double flowers, up to 9 centimeters in diameter, of a light purple color with red shades.
- Queen of the North. Differs the highest winter hardiness and red terry flowers.
- Rosere de L’Ez. The grade is allocated with large flowers of cherry-red color, up to 10 centimeters in diameter, and a fragrant smell.
- Suv. De Filemon Coshet. The flowers of this variety are distinguished by a white color with a pinkish middle, large sizes, up to 9 centimeters, and strong double-faced.
Wrinkled rose does not require complex care, it is not sensitive to sudden changes in temperature and drought. But for a beautiful flowering, it is better to comply with certain conditions.
- Lighting. It is best to plant a rose on the southern slopes, with sufficient sunlight, and in a flat, sunny place, protected from the wind.
- Temperature and humidity. The rose tolerates cold without additional cover, and is able to withstand a small drought in summer.
- The soil. For high-quality flowering soil should be fertile and sufficiently moist.
- Landing. The ideal time for planting roses is spring, before the buds begin to swell. When planting, it is necessary to observe a distance of up to 1.5 meters, but when creating a hedge a distance of 0.5-1 meters will be sufficient. It is necessary to fertilize the soil before planting bushes and moistening. The pit for planting is dug to a depth of 10-15 centimeters.
- Top dressing. Proper development of shrubs requires regular feeding with mineral and organic fertilizers. It is also possible to conduct mulching. The first two years of shrub growth is not necessary to fertilize it. In the spring of the third year, urea must be added. Then about once every four years, it is necessary to make organic, in the form of humus or peat, and mineral fertilizers in the autumn, about 15 kilograms. To ensure that the shrub does not grow in width and does not lose its yield, it can be enclosed with a small fence of iron sheets or similar material.
- Watering. The entire period of bush life, it requires abundant watering. The rate per bush is about 10 liters of water. Watering is carried out about 3-4 times per season, but if fruiting occurred during a period of drought, then the frequency of watering should be increased.
- Pruning. To increase the decorativeness of the shrub, it is necessary to prune it. The occupation is rather unpleasant and time consuming, he needs to do it. It is best to do it in the fall, after harvesting. The first years do not carry out pruning, but in the third year it is necessary to remove weak branches, and those that lie on the ground.
Обработать и удалить все корневые отростки, располагающиеся вдали от кустарника. Все оставшиеся побеги лучше срезать на высоту 18 сантиметров от земли, и оставить около 5 ветвей, которые хорошо развиты. При достижении этих побегов высоты 70 сантиметров, их верхушки нужно прищипывать, стимулируя плодоношение.
Further annually pruning crown and remove those branches that do not bear fruit or damaged. The number of branches in the shrub should be about 16-20, for young shrubs, and then it is necessary to replace 2-3 shoots with new ones every year.
Diseases and pests
Rosehip wrinkled resistant to various diseases and virtually all pests. But if you do not follow the rules of care, the plant may weaken.
And in this case, the rose can be subject to diseases such as powdery mildew, various fungi, rust and rot.
It will also be the prey of such pests as the spider mite, leafworm and sawfly. For treatment and from parasites can be treated with insecticides, in the spring until the time of kidney swelling.
Using rose wrinkled
In addition to decorative properties, wild rose can also be used for cooking and in cosmetology. From rose petals you can brew delicious teas and make jam.
It is also possible to prepare toilet water for the face. And in dried form, the petals can be used for baths and face masks.
Berries can be used for compotes, jams, preserves, decoctions and infusions, against diseases. They contain a small amount of ascorbic acid, and they can be used for vitamin deficiencies, and in the diet.
From the leaves of this shrub, you can cook jam and sherbet.