Many plants in our garden are subject to various diseases. Unfortunately, we can not foresee what kind of disease will come to the garden in one of the seasons. But on the other hand, it is in our power to carry out preventive measures that will avoid the appearance of many diseases.
One of the most common diseases is powdery mildew, which affects almost any plant in your garden.
Currants also fall prey to this disease. Mealy dew often attacks black currants, the red species is less susceptible to this disease, but the yellow one almost never suffers from powdery mildew.
Mealy dew is a fungal disease that affects various fruit bushes and trees. The disease simply sucks all its life forces out of the plant. Therefore, if you have noticed powdery mildew on your currant, do not delay the treatment “for later”. This is a serious disease that can completely deprive you of the harvest. To determine the presence of this particular disease is quite simple. On the affected areas you will immediately see a white patina. Under this bloom are hidden ulcers. The top layer of the bark of the plant seems to be eaten. If you do not act immediately, you can lose not only the harvest, but also the plant itself. In the photo below you can see how the disease looks on currant leaves.
Most often the focus of this disease is in the soilwhere the currant bush grows. There are several rules by which you can avoid the transition of the disease from the soil to the plant:
- In a timely manner to water the currant bush,
- Periodically fertilize the soil, using a variety of therapeutic drugs,
- Do not plant currants in shaded areas - they need a lot of heat and sunlight.
Factors that contribute to the spread of fungal infection:
- Low air temperature, high humidity,
- Not enough sunlight
- If the soil is saturated with nitrogen fertilizers,
- Currant bushes are too dense,
- Insufficient and untimely watering of plants.
The soil is not the only place where attack can come from. It can also get to your site from the next as follows:
- The wind carries disease from one plant to another,
- You can bring the spores of the fungus from a diseased plant to a healthy one in a container with water,
- Fungal infection can remain on your hands if you touch a diseased plant, so even you yourself can become a carrier.
Caring for a sick plant
To completely defeat the fungal disease, you need to perform the full range of measures to combat the disease. Experienced gardeners give a lot of advice to combat the disease and equally important are tips on how to properly care for the plant that attacked this fungus:
- Should refrain from spraying. They contribute to the development of the disease,
- It is necessary to provide the shrub with maximum sunlight
- Densely planted plants will have to order,
- It is necessary to circumcise all old and sick branches,
- When the disease recedes, do not apply nitrogen fertilizers. It is better to use potash or magnesium fertilizers.
If you follow all the above tips, you will soon be able to overcome this disease in your garden.
Powdery mildew control
Bringing the fungus is not so easy, but possible. If you want to completely cure your currant bush, then be patient and patient. If you are seriously engaged in this issue, you will be rewarded with a healthy garden and an excellent harvest. Stages of dealing with the disease:
- Clean the scrub from affected fruit, flower stalks, leaves and branches,
- The ideal option is considered full pruning currant bush,
- Remove the entire top layer of soil and replace it with a new, healthy,
- Pharmacies sell special fungicidal agents that should be used to treat the soil and the bush itself.
If you follow all the guidelines, you will be able to get rid of the fungal disease and enjoy the healthy and beautiful garden.
Technologies rush ahead, and now there are many tools that can save your garden from a wide variety of diseases and pests. But some funds are too expensive, and not every gardener trusts "chemicals". In this case, you can use reliable and proven tools that our grandmothers have invented:
- Soda ash and soap. To prepare this miraculous solution, you will need: 30 grams of soda, 5 grams of rubbed soap and 5 liters of water. This solution is used for spraying,
- Soap and baking soda. For this solution, you will need three liters of water, in which you need to add 30 grams of baking soda and 10 grams of grated soap,
- Serum. This is another spray tool. For one part of the serum you will need ten liters of water. For processing plants it is better to choose a warm and sunny day. You must perform this treatment three times at intervals of four days,
- Horsetail. This solution will not only help you get rid of the fungus on the currant bushes, but also to prevent its appearance. In 1 l. water must be diluted 100 grams of horsetail. This solution must be infused before it is used. For this he will need a day
- Soap and copper. One of the most effective and fast folk remedies. For one glass of water you will need 5 grams. copper sulfate. Then this mixture is combined with a soap solution. Spray once a week. The procedure is repeated until the fungus recedes from your garden.
You can try several ways at once, or you can choose one favorite and use it always. All these tools will not only help get rid of the disease, but also will be an excellent prevention of its occurrence.
Fungus against fungus
Many are surprised at these ways of dealing with the disease, but they often become quite effective. It's about fighting fungal disease. using other bacteria:
- Fresh manure. You will need ½ bucket of cow droppings and cold water. Litter is filled with cold water and infused for three days. Then the solution must be drained through cheesecloth and diluted again with cold liquid. Then you can start spraying currant bushes,
- Weeds You remove the weeds from the beds, but do not rush to throw them away. The grass should be cut into small pieces and cover with water. Such a solution costs several days, after which they are sprayed with affected currant bushes.
- Dairy products. Summer residents sprinkle plants with milk, prepare solutions from kefir and other dairy products.
The article described many means of dealing with powdery mildew. You can try them all and choose the one that will help you get rid of this disease forever.
Who is the causative agent of the disease?
The disease, famous in Russia as American powdery mildew, occurs due to mushroom spores that are resistant to negative temperatures and bad weather conditions. Favorable conditions for powdery mildew:
- rainy spring and summer
- a strong wind that carries fungus spores from one bush to another,
- Close planting of currants, so that the disease from one plant quickly spreads to the others.
Note! Spores are well tolerated by strong winds.
In black currant, the following symptoms are observed, signaling the need for treatment:
- Leaves, ovaries and shoots are covered with white bloom at an early stage.
- The next stage will be the staining of the plaque in gray, which indicates neglect of the disease.
- The leaves begin to die off, changing color and curling.
- The raid goes to the berries, changing the color to gray-brown.
Black currant is less tolerant of infection, and if it does not cope with the fungus in time, more than half of the crop will become useless.
Red varieties cope with the disease more easily, among the symptoms emit:
- the formation of plaque, similar to flour,
- muddy, whitish drops like dew accumulate on the surface of the leaves.
It is because of these symptoms that the disease got its name.
What is dangerous disease for currant bushes
Mealy dew affects currants as follows:
- prevents the development of shoots, killing them,
- destroys the surface of leaves and berries, absorbing the carbohydrates contained in them,
- berries become unsuitable for food and can cause allergic reactions,
- culture quickly loses its strength and within several seasons, if it does not interfere in the process, it dies.
What varieties are resistant to powdery mildew
The following varieties of currants are considered the most resistant to the disease:
- Dachnitsa. The grade is created for conditions when only periodic leaving is carried out behind it. Differs in the maximum resistance to wreckers.
- Ilya Muromets. The name in honor of the epic warrior is given for a reason. The bush has a truly “heroic” immunity that copes well even with powdery mildew.
- Temptation. Another representative of the “sturdy”, successfully resisting infections.
- Titania. The fact that it has been popular since the 60s of the last century speaks about the quality of the variety and its resistance.
- Binar Known for its original, slightly sour taste and strong immunity, coping with the disease on its own.
The main method to resist powdery mildew is considered to be the prevention of the disease, eliminating all problems at the stage of their origin. The following preventive methods are distinguished:
- compliance with agrotechnical requirements
- periodic treatment with light drugs that gently fix the problem, without any consequences.
Observe agrotechnical requirements
The following rules and techniques for plant care will reduce the risk of infection and strengthen the immune system:
- The plot on which the crop is grown should not be too wet.
- When fertilizing the soil, avoid additives that contain excessive amounts of nitrogen.
- It is forbidden to water the bushes from above. Pour water closer to the roots.
- Bad neighbors are roses, cucumbers or gooseberries.
- Planting currants close to each other is not the best idea.
- As a preventive measure, the tops of the shoots in the autumn are pinned and destroyed. This is done in order to remove possible foci of infection.
Important! Leaves and berries, fallen on the ground, in the fall are collected in one pile and burned.
What to handle to avoid infections
Handling is allowed by the following means:
- Bordeaux mixture.
- Copper sulfate.
- Boiling water. Yes, it is boiling water. Treating the bush with boiling water helps prevent the formation of powdery mildew. To carry out the procedure is required until the bud break.
When processing any drugs remember two rules:
- observe the dosage specified by the manufacturer,
- Do not process the bushes during fruiting.
What to do if powdery mildew appeared on the currant
When to nip the disease in the embryo failed, and the infection begins to gain momentum, the following drugs will come to the rescue:
- Copper sulfate.
- Potassium permanganate
- Mullein infusion.
- Dry mustard.
They do an excellent job with the disease, reducing it to nothing.
How to recognize?
Fungal infection is most often found in the ground. So that it does not go into the active stage, you should do the following:
- In time to water the currants.
- Constantly fertilize the soil with various medical preparations.
- Need a warm and sunny weather. Nothing depends on you in this matter. Here, as mother nature wants.
The fungal infection begins to spread and attack the currant when:
- Dampness, high humidity and low temperature outside.
- Cloudy weather.
- In the ground there is a large amount of nitrogen fertilizers.
- Currant bushes planted close to each other.
- Plants do not water well.
It is not a fact that powdery mildew began to multiply in the soil where currants grow. It can be transferred from the neighboring site with the help of:
- the wind that spreads the disease from a sick bush or tree
- water: fungal spores could get into the tank,
- hands: if you touched a sick plant, you can spread the infection yourself.
Now you know how powdery mildew is defined on currants. It is worth talking about precautionary measures.
To combat the fungal disease must be comprehensive. For a start, it is worth normalizing the care of a diseased plant. Experienced gardeners shared their experiences on this matter:
It is necessary to water currant bushes only after full drying of the top layer of soil.
- Spraying should be completely stopped. Otherwise, the disease will spread even more.
- If there is an opportunity, then it is better that the shrub is under constant sunlight.
- If the currant is planted often, you will have to sacrifice some plants. This will reduce the disease.
- Remove all old and diseased branches with leaves.
- At the time of adaptation of the currant after the disease, reduce the amount of nitrogen supplements. It is better to lean more on magnesium and potassium preparations.
If you use every advice and fix everything on your site, you can overcome the disease.
Important! Failure to follow these rules will result in powdery mildew on currants again.
How to fight?
It is difficult to eradicate the disease. You must be patient and the necessary materials, means that in the future will help you grow healthy such a wonderful plant as currants. Powdery mildew, which is difficult to treat, is discharged in the following way:
- Remove from the bush all the affected leaves, branches, fruits and flower stalks.
- It is better to make a full pruning currant.
- All topsoil should be replaced with a healthy one.
- Get a special fungicidal agent in the store ("Fundazol", "Topaz", "Previkur", Vitaros ") and make them tillage and spraying the bush.
Follow the exact prescription to treat the infection, and you will grow healthy currants. Powdery mildew, measures to combat which are not easy, can disappear through the use of popular methods.
Want to find your magic powder for powdery mildew? We will help you with this. Until now, effective drugs are those that have been tested for many years. As a rule, this group includes improvised compositions and materials. Consider in more detail:
- Soda ash and soap. The solution is prepared in the following proportions: 30 grams of the substance, 5 grams of grated soap and 5 liters of water. They sprayed the plant.
- Baking soda and soap. The composition of the medical preparation of 30 grams of the substance, 10 grams of grated soap and 3 liters of water.
- Serum. This tool is used in the form of spraying, which should take place on a dry and sunny day. To do this, dilute one part of the serum with 10 liters of water. At a minimum, the currant should be processed 3 times at intervals of 4 days.
- Horsetail. This solution is used for the treatment and prevention of powdery mildew. Prepare a product of 100 grams of horsetail and 1 liter of water. Before use, you need to insist it for about a day.
- Treatment with soap and copper. The tool is effective and fast. To do this, in a glass of water, dilute 5 grams of copper sulfate and add it to the container with dissolved soap. A therapeutic spraying is performed once a week. The procedure must be repeated.
Among the entire list, you can choose any means of powdery mildew. Each of them is considered effective and universal. From these recipes there will be no harm if they are used as prevention.
There are even more miraculous ways to permanently get rid of powdery mildew. For this fungal infection cure other bacteria. You heard right, it was them. Here are some notes for you:
- Fresh manure. To do this, half a bucket of cow manure, pour cold water to the top. Before use, you need to insist means about three days. Take a clean bucket, gauze and strain the finished solution. Dilute it with cold water and begin to spray currants.
- Weeds Every summer resident annually throughout the season fights with grass. And few people know that weeds can be used in the fight against powdery mildew. It is necessary to prepare a solution. To do this, finely chop the grass and cover with water. Insist a few days. Strain and spray the bushes in the evening.
- Dairy products. You can prepare remedies from kefir. Milk bacteria will help get rid of the fungus.
We told you about powdery mildew on currants and how to deal with it. Watch your plants carefully. Better make prophylaxis. Take care of the currants, and she will thank you with tasty and sweet berries.
Folk remedies to combat the American powdery mildew
All folk remedies have, in general, a preventive effect. Mealy dew is a very persistent and very persistent disease, it is difficult to get rid of it. При малейшем затягивании с радикальными мерами оно может широко распространиться.
Из народных средств наиболее эффективна следующие.
- Кефир или молочная сыворотка. 1 liter of the product is diluted in 10 l of water, soap is added for better adhesion. Spray currant leaves from the top and bottom. This is a fairly effective measure of control, since lactic acid bacteria are competitors of powdery mildew and prevent their development.
- Iodine solution. 10 ml of 5% iodine are dissolved in 10 liters of water and sprayed with currants. Iodine creates an acidic environment in which the fungus is difficult to survive, and alcohol disinfects the leaves, kills spores and prevents the introduction of mycelium into the tissues of the leaves and berries.
- 0.5 g of potassium permanganate is dissolved in 5 liters of water. It turns out very concentrated solution, which is sprayed with shrubs. Potassium permanganate is one of the best disinfectants.
- 100 g of onion peel pour 3 liters of boiling water, insist 2 days. Then filter, dilute the resulting concentrate in 10 liters and sprayed currants. Onions contain volatile, preventing the germination of spores of the pathogen.
- 200 g of wood ash pour 2 liters of water, boil for 20 minutes, insist 48 hours. The resulting concentrate is filtered, the volume is adjusted to 10 liters and the leaves are sprayed on both sides.
Since the currant leaves do not wet well, and the solution drains from them, soap is added to the working solution for better retention.
If, despite all the measures, the powdery mildew on the currant still appeared, then immediately proceed to the chemical means of struggle.
Prevention measures with reasonable use are no less effective than treatment with fungicides.
- Growing currant varieties resistant to American powdery mildew. Nowadays, there are quite a lot of them: Agatha, Lazyay, Zhuravushka, Perun, Chebarkul, Binar, Amursky canning, Belarusian sweet, Globus, Charm.
- Processing currant biopreparation Fitosporin. Spray and water the soil around the bushes.
- Reducing the dose of nitrogen fertilizers, since their high concentration in the soil significantly reduces the resistance of currant to powdery mildew.
- Collection and immediate burning of all affected leaves and berries.
The fight against powdery mildew on currants is not easy. You should always resort to complex measures, the only way you can if not get rid of, then significantly reduce the distribution of the library in the garden.
Dear visitors of the “Dacha plot”, tireless gardeners, gardeners and flower growers. We suggest you take a proficiency test and find out whether you can trust a shovel and let you with it in the garden.
Fight with biofungicides
Biofungicides are an excellent answer to the question of how to deal with the disease effectively, without affecting the yield. Advantages of the drug:
- safe for humans, currants and insects, which are considered natural pollinators,
- allowed to use during the ripening season.
- hard to store
- in rainy weather it is quickly washed away,
- the validity period is not more than three weeks,
- inferior to the effectiveness of chemicals.
Reagent dangerous to humans, when working with which it is necessary to observe enhanced safety precautions. Wear rubber gloves, do not dilute the drug indoors and, if possible, use a respirator.
The following drug concentrations are distinguished, depending on the desired effect:
- For feeding and prophylaxis - a solution of vitriol concentration of 0.3%, which corresponds to 3 grams of the substance, diluted in 10 liters of water.
- For therapeutic purposes, the concentration increases and is 1%.
- For the destruction of especially dangerous diseases or a high concentration of mold used 4% solution. A land plot treated in this way cannot be exploited for the purpose of obtaining a crop for at least 1 year. Applies in extreme cases! Direct processing of bushes in this way is prohibited.
Causes of spread and the main signs of powdery mildew
The source of infection is always the spores of the fungus that remain on the infected material: fallen leaves, berries, and other plant residues. Favorable conditions for the growth and increase of the affected areas are:
- increase in air temperature over +20 degrees
- high level of humidity, more than 80%,
- excessive use of nitrogen fertilizers:
- lack of sunlight, the lower tier of the leaves in this case is primarily affected,
- genetic instability of the variety to fungal diseases.
Spores fall on healthy currant bushes from flying and crawling insects, are carried by wind, rainwater, or infection occurs during normal watering. A diseased plant exhibits all the characteristic signs of infection:
- the shrub loses its decorative appearance, the leaves become unattractive, the ends of them are folded, rounded up, then blacken and fall,
- the growth of diseased shoots, leaves, berries, or
- inflorescences are not able to form the ovary,
- winter hardiness of the plant decreases, which can lead to freezing of buds and shoots.
A dangerous period of infection is the beginning of the summer. At this time, overwintered mushrooms burst, releasing millions of spores from the fruit body, ready to pounce on their prey - defenseless young currant bushes.
Powdery Mildew Prevention
If your garden plot has no signs of planting powdery mildew, this does not mean that you are completely protected from it. It is necessary to perform a number of preventive works so that this attack could not develop if during the summer it still appears in your garden or garden:
- All overwintered plant waste should be removed from the site, disposed of, burned.
- When planting new bushes, choose varieties of currants with genetic resistance to fungi pathogens.
- You must comply with the dosage when applying fertilizers containing nitrogen, do not overfeed plants.
- Apply phosphorus and potash supplements, they increase the resistance of the culture to fungal diseases.
- All sprouts suspected of having fungus signs should be removed in the spring.
Attention! In the spring, pruning the plant in order to rejuvenate, you should not carry out a strong pruning, it reduces the protective properties of the culture, weakens its immunity to the fungus.
Effective treatments for diseased plants
To combat the fungal diseases of trees, shrubs and other garden plants, there are many ways: chemicals, carrying out agrotechnical measures, the use of folk remedies. All of them in some way help to destroy or stop the process of reproduction of pathogens of the fungus. Let us consider some of these methods in more detail.
Agrotechnics against diseases
When growing plants, a significant role in the destruction of both insect pests and parasitic fungi is compliance with agrotechnical requirements. Gardeners with considerable crop growing experience to protect their garden, apply the following secrets of agricultural technology on their plots:
- Bushes of currants, grapes and gooseberries, which are affected by the same pathogen, are planted in different parts of the garden.
- Places for planting currants choose well ventilated and sufficiently illuminated by sunlight.
- Timely remove shoots with signs of the disease.
- Nitrogen fertilizers are applied before winter, combining them with phosphate and potash fertilizers.
- If possible, replace the top layer of the earth with a healthy humus.
- Spray the shrub with fungicide chemicals.
Popular experience - proven methods
Recipes decoctions and infusions, invented by the people and tested by perennial tests on the garden plots, guarantee high efficiency of getting rid of all diseases of your plants. To destroy the fungus on the currants, we found several:
- soap solution with the addition of soda ash: on 5 liters of water - 30 g of soda and 5 g of rubbed soap,
- baking soda and laundry soap: for 3 liters we take 30 g of substance and 10 g of grated soap,
- dairy or yeast whey: you should prepare a mixture of 1 part serum and 10 parts of water,
- infusion of horsetail: during the day 100 g of fresh in 1 liter of water is infused,
- Copper sulphate solution: Dissolve 5 g of vitriol in a glass of water and add to a bucket of water.
Attention! The treatment should be carried out in calm, calm weather, individual protection should be used: gloves, respirator, goggles.
Spraying solutions and decoctions are repeated several times per season.
In the struggle for the life of the plant and its health, all methods are good. There are cases when the use of some bacteria helps to get rid of others, and extreme methods save almost dead plants. So from the powdery mildew will help get rid of: spraying the bushes with infusion of fresh manure, infusion of weeds and grass, dairy products.
The forgotten methods include hot showers, which are held during the period of intensive snow melting. Hot water (90 degrees) is poured over the whole plant, this kills harmful insects that overwintered in the soil and mushrooms that have not yet awakened from overwintering.
Protect your garden by all means, but take care of the ecological balance on your summer cottage or garden plots. Good luck.
How to deal with fungus
Before we break into specific methods of struggle, let's divide them into several groups:
- Mechanical. These are ways to combat pests that spend only your physical strength. Their advantage lies in the fact that this is the most economical way - no funds are required from you, and consequently, no purchases! The biggest drawback - not for all pests, these methods will be effective.
- Folk. Preparation of mixtures completely from scrap materials, the fact that you can easily find on any site or buy for a small price. In addition, the popular methods include the shedding of beds with different masses (for example, ashes). If the plants are at an advanced stage of development of the disease - traditional methods can be powerless.
- Chemical. The most effective ways to combat various pests in the garden. Among the shortcomings: they can have a level of toxicity for plants and people, with insufficiently accurate processing, damage to the crop and the plant as a whole is possible.
A package of the drug costs about 50 rubles apiece. It is applied, as well as usual chemicals - in cultivation with water. Refers to fungicides, protective function after - 7 days. An interesting feature: it can be used in early spring or autumn as a preventive measure.
- Topsin M
The drug is not sold in small masses for a single use. The smallest size is 500 grams for 900 rubles. The protective function for more than 3 weeks is very high compared with other drugs, except those that have an alkaline basis. It has no level of toxicity, it is not dangerous for beneficial insects and birds.
- Previkur Energy
Fungicide, is a liquid with a high level of concentration. Diluted in water in calculated proportions. Cost: about 400 rubles. Economical consumption, lack of toxicity for both plants and humans. Starts to destroy the virus within 60 minutes after application.
How to do chemical processing
Do not forget about security
To get started - carefully read the instructions. The most important thing that you have to take out from it is information on the proportions of the prepared solution. Then, you need to calculate the flow rate and learn about the method of introducing it to the plants (for example, some solutions need to be sprayed, some should be watered with the soil, others need to be injected into the plant itself). Perform all manipulations according to the instructions and wait for the effects of the drug on the plant.
In addition, do not forget that there are special phases of plants, when the use of chemicals is contraindicated (for example, in some cases it is vegetation).
Use chemical protection. A respirator, special tight clothing, gloves - all this will be necessary for you to maintain your own health and not endanger yourself (for example, poisoning due to inhalation of vapors or burns and allergic reactions due to contact with the skin / mucous membranes). Remember, about the risks of poisoning and if you find yourself having similar symptoms - immediately contact your doctor.
- Soda. This indispensable assistant in the kitchen will help to cope with powdery mildew. 2 tablespoons of soda should be diluted in 10 liters of water, then add another 2 tablespoons of ground soap. The resulting solution to water the currant bushes. Very important: the method is effective only at the first signs of infection, at further stages it can be used only as an aid to the main one.
- Rapeseed oil solution able to destroy the spores of the fungus in the shortest possible time! Mix 10 milliliters of oil in 10 liters of water. The oil is perfectly stirred in any liquid, so there should be no problems with it. After complete mixing, pour currant bushes and soil around with the resulting liquid.
- Ash. Buying a regular bag with ashes does not constitute any difficulty. Pour 1 kg of ash into 10 liters of water. Thoroughly stir and defend for about a week (all this time actively stir the solution). Strain the sediment and pour the soil around the bush with the mixture, the bush itself. Ash effectively destroys powdery mildew.
A safe tool used to eliminate a huge number of diseases, including powdery mildew. Some modifications of the drug are aggressive to humans, and work with them must be made taking into account safety precautions.
Bees react badly to it, and when processing a plot, they should be removed a considerable distance (up to 6 kilometers).
The fungicide which is considered the most effective against dew and, at the same time, safe for the person. Pay attention to the shelf life of the drug, as the spoiled product will harm the bushes and the crop. Struggles with the disease, stopping spore germination in the structure of currants, and then destroys them.
The drug used to treat humans, but due to its properties is used by summer residents as a means of fighting against various plant diseases, including powdery mildew. Cheap and effective tool.
It penetrates the structure of the fungus and begins to release hydrogen sulfide, which has a detrimental effect on the parasite, destroying and killing it. It has a healing effect only on sunny days, since to activate the process you need heat.
Treatment of folk remedies
If folk methods are closer to you, and you are trying to get rid of the disease by them, to combat the powdery mildew there are a couple of recipes, using which you can save the bush from death. Among them are:
- iodine use
- potassium permanganate,
- infusion based on garlic,
- use of dry mustard,
- boiling water treatment.
Helps to cope with the disease. For this you need:
- 2.5 grams of potassium permanganate,
- 10 liters of water.
Mix and process the bushes several times, after which we take a break of a week.
To create a solution is required:
- water - 9 liters,
- iodine - 1 milliliter,
- skimmed milk - 1 liter.
We mix and process bushes 1 time in two weeks, until the disappearance of the symptoms of the disease.
Ingredients for the solution:
- baking soda - 2 spoons,
- water - 2 liters,
- vegetable oil or laundry soap - 1 spoon.
We process the fungus in the morning or in the evening, with an interval of five days.
Fill one-third of the bucket with cow dung and add water to it. Let the liquor infuse for 4 days, then dilute with water in proportions of 1 to 10 and treat the infected surface.
Important! Carry out the treatment in the evening so as not to burn the currant leaves.
Basic rules and processing time
To cure a plant from a disease, it is important not only to use effective methods, but also to apply them in a timely manner. Then the procedure will benefit, and the disease will disappear quickly and without a trace. Processing is divided into periods:
- flowering and fruiting,
During flowering and fruiting
Processing should be carried out carefully and delicately, with drugs that will not harm either the bush or the crop. Spray the bush better in the summer when the berries have already appeared. No need to process the crop with strong means that can be deposited in the berries and get into the human body.
Control processing is made after harvesting. So you will prepare the culture for the winter and prevent the formation of new foci of infection in the spring. Burn the leaves and berries, even if there are no signs of the disease.