The difficult question to decide how to get rid of moss in the garden plot is an unfortunate owner, often asked by various categories of owners of such sites. The information about the safety of this plant for horticultural crops is not very encouraging. First, sloppy stains do not improve the appearance of lovingly cherished lawns and plantations. And secondly, let the moss and harmless by itself, but it gives shelter to a huge number of pests that easily cause damage to our plantings. According to the observations of gardeners, this is almost the most difficult weed. It remains only to sympathize with those who settled moss in the garden plot. How to defeat him, many generations of gardeners thought, and their experience will certainly come in handy.
How to get rid of moss in the garden plot zealous owner: save the trees
"Beard" on garden trees is formed mainly where the sun warms them insufficiently. Not just from the north side, but also if the shadow of the plot in this place is increased. The simplest and most effective, although quite labor-intensive, way to get rid of moss in the garden plot is a persistent grower, is mechanical, manual cleaning of the trunks. To do this, make a wooden scraper or look for a plastic, not too hard. The moss layer is removed to healthy wood so that not even the slightest traces of unnecessary vegetation are left. It is better to do this in the spring: the moss separates more easily, and possible damage to the trunk will heal faster. After stripping, the place is treated with fluff or a weak, up to three percent, solution of blue vitriol.
If you don’t often visit your garden and you don’t have time for manual cleaning, there is another method of how to get rid of moss in a garden plot even an inexperienced beginner summer resident. Potash is diluted in the bucket in the usual way, but with the addition of 150 grams of carbolic acid. If there is no potash, five kilos of wood ash is poured for two days with ten liters of water - and you get the desired liquid. Moss-hit areas are generously processed with a warm solution - and after a couple of days, it dies off and falls off. If you do not be lazy to whitewash in the spring of trunks, for about five years you are guaranteed from new weed plantations.
Ways to get rid of moss on the garden plot are primarily aimed at reducing its excessive moisture and acidity - it is the acidic soil for the plant that is most attractive. And it is not necessary to construct a complex drainage system. In most cases, local actions justify themselves:
- The relief is slightly smoothed with a regular shovel to get rid of the dimples, where water constantly stagnates. From the place where the water has nowhere to go, a drain is dug through - a regular groove that will drain sediment.
- In some places, punctures no more than a meter deep are made, sand is poured into the holes - this improves the drainage characteristics of the soil.
- The acidity of the earth is reduced by the elemental mixing of chalk, detailed to the state of powder, or lime. Approximate dose - spoon per square meter. Instructions on how to get rid of moss on the lawn forever, is simple: it is raked, the earth is limed and maintained in such a state all the time. And so that the moss thickets do not return, aerate the soil at least once a year. The device and the purchase is not necessary - you can borrow or rent.
In order not to look for methods of how to get rid of moss on the lawn, and not to experiment constantly with their use, do not create conditions for the growth of weed. Remember: the shadow, supported by high humidity and depletion of the soil - the perfect "resort" for moss. He is quite satisfied with the soil on which no one else survives. And the maintenance of the elementary order in the area greatly limits its vital range.
- Wood deposits and remnants of building materials should be stored in the premises - a garage or shed.
- When a new building is being laid, even if it will be a warehouse for household equipment, it needs to be planned so that it obscures as little space as possible, especially if it rarely sees the sun.
- Lush crowns and overgrown shrubs need to be thinned regularly - this is good for their health, and reduces the risk of again painfully thinking how to get rid of moss in the garden area.
- Fertilize even the places where you currently do not grow anything, say, the earth is resting. It’s better to grow ordinary grass there than moss. It would be good to sow vacant areas with any lawn vegetation that does not require special care, as long as the land is not empty.
Plants to help
If there is no place to go from the shade, planting unduly shaded areas with plants that relate well to the lack of lighting will be a good step. In the first rows of the list - bent, fescue, chaff, ferns and bluegrass. From flowering decoratively enough - brunner, host, astilba, hellebore, hydrangea, geykher and medunits. With the help of these herbs, you can very aesthetically design your garden, and not give any chance to malicious mosses.
Moss is a small plant that has stems and leaves, but does not have a strong root system. Moss breeding occurs quickly and everywhere, with the help of certain spore substances.
The plant is very resistant to drought, bacteria, rot and other pests.
What are the causes of the appearance of moss on the site?
Sources of appearance
Before you determine how to get rid of moss in the garden, you should find out the causes of its occurrence. They are very simple and casual:
- Strong soil moisture. Frequent and abundant watering make the soil a suitable breeding ground for moss. If the site is located in a lowland, if underground water is not deeply buried, if the soil is swampy and watery, the presence of this pest cannot be avoided.
- Permanent shading of a specific area. The continuous shade of tall trees and buildings contributes to the appearance of moss on the ground surface.
- Insufficient amount (or surplus) of fertilizers and plant feeds. If you do not feed garden crops with organic and mineral fertilizers, then they will weaken and become more susceptible to pests. In the process of dressing, it is necessary to find a middle ground, since an overabundance of additional substances negatively affects both the crop itself and the soil.
- Increased land acidity. To determine this will help us inspect the appearance of moss. If it has long straight processes of different color (the upper part of the shoots is bright green, the lower part is dark brown), then most likely there is increased acidity in the area. Litmus paper and careful examination of the soil itself will also help to identify the acidity of the soil. With increased acidity, it looks dry and fruitless.
It is very important to identify the causes of the pest. This will help not only to learn how to get rid of the moss in the garden plot, how to deal with the enemy and defeat him, but also show what preventive measures should be taken to prevent the occurrence of a parasitic plant.
However, the logical question that arises is whether moss is as dangerous as it seems? Let's find out.
Moss, like other aggressor plants, has its pros and cons. First, let's discuss its useful properties:
- eliminates some harmful insects,
- serves as insulation for trees that are not adapted to frost,
- used to increase the acidity of the soil during the cultivation of certain crops on it,
- helps the soil to get rid of fungal manifestations,
- used as a decorative coating for soil and other surfaces.
On the other hand, it should be remembered that moss always acts as an invader. Its property of global growth is based on the fact that the plant is able to spread with lightning speed, striking the soil, beds, other plants and even buildings with its spores.
What is danger this pest?
First of all, the moss on the site contributes to the oppression and death of garden and garden crops. This is due to the fact that it absorbs the maximum amount of useful substances intended for the cultivation of useful plants: moisture, mineral salts, carbonic acids, etc.
Moreover, moss disrupts the internal processes occurring in the soil, thereby significantly reducing the quality of the soil and its fertility.
Also, the plant-pest acidifies the earth and bogs it, which adversely affects the development of cultivated plants and their yield.
Do not underestimate the aesthetic harm caused by mosses. Because of their growth in the suburban areas, the territory and the beds can look untidy, unsupervised and wild.
So, on the site grew moss. How to get rid of it? And what is needed to do?
Primary methods of pest control
First of all, remember that if you simply tear up the moss and destroy it, the result will be short. Spores of this weed are able to save for a long time on various surfaces, after which they can manifest and grow.
Therefore, to combat the plant-aggressor should apply more effective methods and methods.
There are several effective ways to get rid of moss in the garden. First of all, it is recommended to nourish the soil with useful substances and elements. This can be done by piercing the ground with forks, which will contribute to the penetration of life-giving oxygen into the soil.
Then you need to begin to eliminate the cause, due to which the appearance of moss.
First, if the cause of the pest is excessive soil moisture, the soil must be dried. This can be done very simply: add a certain amount of sand to the topsoil and mix it with the ground. Next, dig a small ditch to drain excess fluid, and also make sure not to moisten the soil artificially. To this end, it is recommended to minimize regular watering and irrigation.
Secondly, if increased acidity has become the basis for the growth of the aggressor plant, then it will be necessary to enrich the soil with lime mortar or a dry mixture. This can be done in the spring, having calculated fifty kilograms of this substance for one hundred square meters of land. In the autumn, instead of lime, you can use dolomite flour or wood ash, abundantly sprinkling (or wetting) the affected areas with it. This procedure should be applied in not rainy, calm weather.
How to get rid of moss in the garden, if its appearance was provoked by a constant shadow? First of all, in this place you can plant plants that do not like sunlight. Over time, they themselves will eliminate the moss and its disputes. If the shadow does not come from a tall building or a substantial building, but from a large pile of unnecessary materials, then it is necessary to move them to another place or dispose of them.
How can you fertilize the soil, if it was found that the lack of feeding triggered the appearance of a pest? First of all, it is recommended to use minerals rich in ferrous sulfate, nitrogen and others. It is very important to ensure that phosphorus and similar elements are not part of such feeds.
And one more tip: it is very important to carry out regular weed control, since such tall plants as wormwood, winch, nettle and sedge can contribute to the appearance of moss and other pests. Systematic weeding and full utilization of weeds will help not only to end the green aggressor, but also to prevent its occurrence.
So, we have disassembled simple, but effective ways how to get rid of a moss on a personal plot. And now let's briefly discuss methods for eliminating this pest from the territory of greenhouses and greenhouses.
How to save a garden under glass
What are the reasons for the appearance of the moss family in covered garden complexes and greenhouses? First of all, it is the absence of ventilated openings or their inefficient functioning. It is important to remember: regular airing of the room will help get rid of moss in the greenhouse. How is this best done?
It should be systematically, night and day, for a fairly long period of time, open the vents and doors to enrich the soil with ozone and oxygen. In addition, in large production greenhouses, in the presence of electricity and the necessary funds, it is recommended to install a thermal actuator that will automatically monitor the temperature in the greenhouses, mechanically opening and closing the air holes.
There are other ways to get rid of the pest in the greenhouse:
- Remove thirty centimeter topsoil and destroy it.
- Wash with soapy water all hard surfaces in the greenhouses.
- Sprinkle the soil with wood ash, dolomite flour, limestone, and so on.
- Do not be zealous with watering.
But what should you do if a harmful plant appears in the trees? How to get rid of moss in the garden, planted with apples, plums, apricots and so on?
Moss on tree bark
You can manually save the tree from the growth of the pest. You need to take an iron scraper or a metal brush and remove the moss layer along with a thin layer of bark. After this site, the lesion should be treated with a 3% solution of copper sulfate.
But what to do if all of the above benign methods are ineffective, and the moss continues to amaze cultures and spread?
Radical measures. Method 1
How to get rid of moss on the site, which is not amenable to simple means of destruction? This can be done in two effective ways.
The first of these is the mechanical elimination of moss. To do this, using a specialized device, remove the top layer of soil (three to five centimeters high) and dispose of it. Then dry lime is poured on the remaining surface and leave the soil for a day. Then the earth is moistened with water, then left for another two or three days. After seventy-two hours, a new layer of fertile soil is applied to the corrected area.
Radical measures. Method 2
The second way to eliminate intractable moss is due to the use of chemicals and drugs. Herbicides can thoroughly burn out moss growths, as well as its spores and invisible processes, but they should be used in calm weather, using a protective mask and long mittens. It is recommended to treat the affected area with a sprayer, and after two days the ground should be thoroughly rinsed with water.
What can be part of chemical drugs? First of all - glyphosate, iron, copper or ammonium.
As you can see, moss is an unpleasant pest that can cause many problems and concerns to gardeners and summer residents. However, this annoying aggressor can be defeated if preventive measures are systematically carried out, and if we proceed to its destruction correctly and in a timely manner.
And yet, starting to combat the parasite, you should think about the options for its use to your advantage and your backyard.
For example, moss can be used during decoration or landscape design. This green plant will look very impressive at the bottom of artificial ponds, in the recesses between the road plates, on the surfaces of flower beds or sculptures.
There are many different ways to decorate the dacha with moss. However, this is a completely different topic.
Errors in the care of the site
First you need to determine whether you are properly caring for the plants on the site. Remember how often they watered them, fertilized them, weeded them. Study in detail all the moments of care. Determine PH Level and the availability of essential nutrients in the soil. In any case, it grows only on acidic soils, so you can add lime to the soil, fertilize with organic fertilizer — manure and or compost. The main thing is that crops grown on beds or lawn should feel normal in an alkaline environment.
It may be appropriate to loosen the compacted soil. Moss rootless, therefore, it will not be difficult to tear it out. It is better to use a rake with frequent teeth for this purpose: vigorously scrape the moss from the surface to be cleaned. This will help improve aeration.
Chemical Moss Controls
In addition to the mechanical method of removing this weed, are effective chemical, eg, with glyphosate herbicides. Это весьма популярное на рынке средство, но результаты его использования порой могут быть неоднозначными. Данное вещество начинает работать, когда поглощается листьями и переносится в почву.
Если мшельник соседствует с ценными растениями, то лучше не рисковать, так как влияние глифосата на них может быть негативным.
In addition, iron, copper or ammonium sulfate can be used. These herbicides are less popular, but with their help, you can achieve greater success in the fight against mosses. Iron will weaken the growth of moss, facilitate its mechanical removal. The solution is prepared with the calculation of 3 ounces (90 milliliters) of ferrous sulfate per 20 liters of water, or 2-5 ounces (60-150 milliliters) of copper sulfate per 16 liters of water. Such doses will allow calculated on approximately 300 square meters.
Please note that in any case, when using herbicides, you should carefully follow the enclosed instructions.
Many in the fight against mosses use ordinary soda. For example, about 200 milliliters of soda can be dissolved in 2 liters of heated water and sprayed on the garden area. The effect is likely to be, but temporary. Practice shows that of the available and non-aggressive methods the most effective is treatment with a soap solution. It is better to use it in small areas and in dry times, when this weed is weakened.
Sour soil - the main reason
If the moss has grown due to the increased acidity of the soil, then it should be reduced. For a start, it’s worth determining the PH level — you can send a soil sample to an agrochemical laboratory or measure this indicator with a soil PH meter. PH is considered normal from 6 to 7.
- PH 4.4-4.5 - strongly acidified soil
- PH up to 5 - moderately acidified soil
- PH 5.1 - 5.5 - slightly acidified soil
Based on the value of the indicator, you need to determine the dose of lime. It should be made no more than twice during the vegetative period of plants. For best results, use calcium-based lime. Also for deoxidation, you can use chalk, wood ash, lime fluff, dolomite flour (it is better to scatter on the surface of the site in autumn and spring).
Good results are obtained by the cultivation of green manure plants, which reduce the acidity of the soil. You can use such cultures as:
Do not get carried away by watering
In the case of neutral acidity, the reason for the growth of moss is to be found elsewhere, for example, high humidity. In areas where there is a problem with drainage, water can slowly seep through the clay soil. In this case, the soil should be loosened, change its structure by adding sand or humus.
To prevent the appearance of moss after you mowed the lawn, you should immediately get rid of the straw, as its layer can prevent the evaporation of water.
When watering the lawn also do not need to overdo it. Do not water the area at night, during the autumn and spring periods. Moss sprouted during this period will be the most enduring. It should be noted that not only an excess, but also a lack of moisture can lead to the growth of moss, as weakened grass gives way to this tenacious weed.
Moss is a shade-loving plant, while most cultivated plants and lawn grass species are the opposite. Therefore, it is initially appropriate to save your plot and garden from unnecessary shade: remove removable obstacles, keep piles of bricks and firewood in the garage and shed, cut off sprawling trees and shrubs. Where the shadow still remains, plant shade-loving plants that will not allow moss to seize the territory: ferns, hydrangeas, hellebore.
Nuances of fighting the "invader"
Moss is prone to grow where other plants are weakened. It may be worth changing the variety or type of plants, plant more grass. The land where the moss was recently exterminated, it is better to sow the seeds of lawn grass, containing such plants as:
If the moss settled in the greenhouse, you need to immediately get rid of it, because in a humid and warm microclimate this plant will feel great and grow quickly. First you need to provide good ventilation, the greenhouse should be ventilated.
Vents and doors should be kept open, it is worth as little as possible to water the plants in the greenhouse, limiting loosening. mulch the soil with peat or perevsheyu vegetation, do not forget about aeration. It is necessary to make holes in the soil with a fork or just dig it. You can spray a greenhouse with a solution: linden flowers and 200 grams of dried wormwood brew 5 liters of boiling water, cool the broth, drain it and process them the whole frame of the greenhouse. Sour earth should be fertilized, it is better to do it for preventive purposes in the spring.
How else to deal with moss in the garden? Regularly dispose of garbage in the garden and lawn beds, protect the area from damage. To avoid this tenacious pest avoid the formation of lowlands in the territory. As for how to get rid of the moss on the beds, then you should follow the advice - cultivated plants should be grown in high beds.
Causes of moss in the garden
The moss is a swampy plant with a highly developed breeding system. It has stems, leaves, but most species grow with a lack of root system. Distributed everywhere by dispute. He is not exacting to conditions. Easy to cope with drying out. Due to its bactericidal and antiseptic properties, it is not affected by bacteria and rot, insects do not overcome.
The main reasons for the appearance of moss on your site are:
- excessive soil moisture, stagnant water
- the presence of shaded places, and the shading is constantly
- increased acidity of the earth
- lack of proper amount or overabundance of nutrients in the soil, lack of fertilizing
Having warned your question of determining the cause of the appearance of moss, it is worth giving an example of the answer to the beginning gardener Marina N. from the city of Blagoveshchensk. Marina asks: “How do you know what specifically affects the appearance of moss? How can I determine whether it is moisture or acidity of the soil? ”
- This can be done by carefully looking at the structure of the moss. If the moss is long and has straight processes upward, the lower part is dark brown and the upper one is bright green — the acidic soil is in front of you. It is often dry.
- In the presence of moss, which spreads flat carpet on the ground, has no vertical processes - the soil is very wet, begins to swamp. She sticks to her hands, gathers into lumps. It can be seen a greyish-greenish bloom.
- The shadow of the buildings you will notice yourself. It is only you who are aware of the application of large amounts of fertilizers or their absence in the soil. So, it is easy to understand the identification of the cause of the appearance of moss, you can talk about its harm and benefits in the garden plot.
Why does moss affect plants negatively?
- Moss consumes carbon dioxide, mineral salts and moisture from the soil. He takes water in an amount that is twenty-five percent more than cotton absorbing.
- Violates gas exchange and aeration of the earth.
- Absorbs nutrients needed by cultivated plants.
- Oxidizes the soil.
- Swamps territory
- Due to the above points, the development of plants is inhibited and, as a result, the yield is reduced.
Does moss benefit gardeners?
Undoubtedly, and not only in horticulture:
Having found out that both moss has a lot of positive and negative properties, it is worthwhile to dwell on the fact that for agriculture, for its intended purpose, moss is a plant that causes harm. It is detrimental to land and greenhouse crops.
Mosses are categorized as very undemanding to the growing conditions of plants. They are not damaged by insects, bacteria and fungal infections, and are also easily able to tolerate prolonged drying of the soil. The parasite plant reproduces not only by spores, but also by the vegetative method, therefore the elimination should be carried out correctly.
Moss cover can destroy grass and cultivated plants in a very short period of time. Growing rapidly, mosses begin to inhibit the growth processes of the grass, which is caused by the termination of air access to the root system of cultivated plantings. Among other things the culture begins to develop poorly due to the absorption of nutrients and moisture from the soil by the parasite plant. As a result, lawn grass dies, and mosses increasingly spread throughout the site.
Effective Moss Disposal Techniques
Removing a parasitic crop from a garden plot is not too difficult. It is enough to pay attention to the problem and use the most effective means. Currently practiced several methods of control, which are divided into physical and chemical methods of exposure.
On garden beds
On garden ridges mkhipoyavlyayutsya only in the presence of significant shading and waterlogging of the soil, so the ridges should not be located in the lowlands, as well as in close proximity to natural or artificial water bodies or a river. If possible, you need to make gutters to remove excess water or to equip a high-quality drainage system. If necessary, a reduction in shading is also carried out by pruning the lower branches of garden plantings.
Good results are obtained by using wood chips and bark, needles or chopped straw as the mulch on the ridges of the open ground. In addition, it must be remembered that mosses most often appear on uneven surfaces, so the ridges should be fairly smooth, with good drainage rates.
In the presence of acidic soil on the greenhouse ridges, mosses are very difficult to remove and long, therefore recommended high-quality soil liming through the introduction of dolomite flour in the autumn. You can also make indentations in the areas of the main cluster of the plant-parasite, followed by backfilling of coarse-grained river sand, which reduces the level of humidity.
It is very important to use high and well-drained ridges for greenhouse cultivation, as well as systematic aeration of the soil.
On the roof of the country house
When moss appears on the roofs of garden structures, it is recommended to apply chemical granular, liquid or powder herbicidal preparations. One of the most effective and popular products are herbicides based on glyphosate or sulphate of iron, copper and ammonium.
The compositions are diluted at the rate of 45 ml per bucket of water. This amount is sufficient for processing the area of 150 square meters.
On asphalt and walkways
The main development of moss is observed in autumn and spring, when the plant activates growth processes. It is during this period that it is best to use chemical means of destruction. Processing garden paths should be carried out in the morning, in sunny weather, by dichlorophene-based solution.
Dead blackened plants can be harvested with a rake and burned. Against mossy plants on a tiled surface, Roundup, Lintur and ETISSO are especially effective. Such herbicidal drugs do an excellent job with mosses and lichens.
In order to protect your garden plot from the defeat of plants by parasites, you need to do prevention:
- leveling the surface of the site by zinging or mulching, which will prevent the accumulation of moisture,
- sowing on vacant patches of bluegrass, bent field or fescue,
- feeding grass lawn with nitrogen-containing fertilizers with a sufficient content of ferrous sulfate,
- clearing the backyard area from plants shading large areas of soil and small architectural forms,
- manual aeration of the site with forks and rakes. Or a mechanized method of aeration before or after the growing season.
It is also very important to control irrigation measures and prevent excessive irrigation of the soil, as well as create a high-quality drainage system.
The use of moss in landscape design
Mosses are the most unpretentious, completely non-allergenic, almost completely decorative plants that do not need fertilizers, which are completely invulnerable to most plant parasites and pathogenic microflora. Such decorative culture perfectly maintains even significant temperature drops, therefore it is widely used in creating home gardening.
A gardener, tormented by a parasitic plant, should be aware that simple weeding will not help the cause: the result will be, but not for long. The fact is that myriads of moss spores are capable of “surviving” for a long time practically on any surfaces and in any environments. As soon as conditions become favorable for the parasite, its spores will germinate - and the moss will appear again.
Therefore, it is important to save strength and health by applying more effective radical methods to combat the omnipresent weed. The first thing that needs to be done is to nourish the earth with trace elements useful for plants and other substances. To do this, just walk around the site and do aeration, piercing the soil with forks. Life-giving oxygen will penetrate through the holes into the ground.
The next stage of the struggle is the elimination of the cause of the appearance of moss. If the soil is too wet, it should be dried. For this, a small amount of sand is applied on the top layer of soil. You also need to dig the grooves, which will drain the extra fluid - and stop wetting the ground too much with watering.
If the "minor aggressor" appeared due to the high acidity of the soil, the earth should be enriched with lime mortar. It is best to do this in the spring, at the rate of 50 kg of substance per 100 square meters of land. In the fall, you can sprinkle copiously on the affected area with dolomite flour or wood ash.
In the case when the moss appeared due to the shaded territory, you can either plant loving plants in the shadow (they themselves will “deal” with the aggressor), or provide light.
Why does moss appear in the garden
In order to choose the optimal set of measures to rid the long-suffering garden from the “small pest”, it is important to know how and why the moss appears.
The reasons for its appearance on the site are ridiculously simple:
- Very wet ground. Gardeners who love often and in large quantities to water the planted plants should be prepared for the appearance of a large amount of moss. Because, as mentioned above, humidity is one of the determining values of a comfortable environment for this plant. If the site is also located in a lowland, or underground water flows shallowly under it, the soil itself becomes swampy - and reproduction of moss colonies simply cannot be avoided. Again, this is facilitated by prolonged rain showers, which recently are no longer uncommon.
- Shaded for a long time plot of land. The shade of houses or tall trees with a dense crown makes the soil, as it falls, ideal for the appearance of moss.
- Too much - or very little - used fertilizing and planting fertilizers. Garden and garden crops, which do not receive sufficient feed in the form of mineral or organic fertilizers, weaken and become easy prey for all sorts of pests and weeds. Nutrient oversupply also negatively affects the soil and the planted crops themselves. Therefore, it is important to strictly adhere to the dosages recommended by specialists and carefully select additional nutrition for each plant.
- Excessive acidity of the soil. To identify this cause of the appearance of moss in the garden, it is necessary to examine the overgrown colonies. How exactly do they look? With pathologically high acidity of the soil in the area, the moss grows with long straight multi-colored (bright green in the upper part and dark brown below) processes. Also, to identify too much acidity, you can use a litmus test, or carefully examine the soil (the land with such a problem looks - and in fact - is dry and barren).
Careful identification of the correct reasons for the appearance of moss in the garden will help not only to properly deal with the pest until victory is complete, but also after the fact to develop an effective set of preventive measures so that it will never appear on the plot again.
Can a pest bring at least some benefit? Is moss so dangerous? Like any aggressive plant, it boasts both pluses and minuses. For example, fluffy colonies eliminate some types of dangerous insects, help trees to keep warm in the cold season, it is necessary as a neighbor for plants that require high acidity of the soil. However, useful properties do not prevent him from behaving like an invader: moss spores spread almost instantly, affecting the soil, other plants and even buildings.