Delicate pink acacia gives landscape design an unusual sophistication. Volumetric flowers on a compact tree blend harmoniously with the cold walls of houses or fences.
In scientific circles, it is styled amazing name "Robinia Adhesive". And since it differs from its “kinsmen” by some peculiarities, the culture is often called a false attack. The second flowering period begins in July. However, these curly shields are more rare and small. And only with the onset of the first frost, they begin to fall, like snow, which goes in neon rays.
All beekeepers are obliged to plant robinia on their plot, because it is an excellent honey plant. So, for three weeks, from mid-May until early June, she throws fragrant flower stalks.
Favor rose acacia
The peculiarity of the culture is that it is planted on the poorest, and most importantly, sandy soils. Why? It belongs to the family of legumes. The root system of these plants is equipped with nodule bacteria. In the absence of good nutrition, which comes from the ground, they begin to feed themselves. As a result, the tree is able to bloom magnificently on the dried earth. Group plantings of pink acacia are advised to be placed on waste grounds, where nothing else grows. About this variety also need to know:
- rarely propagated by seeds, because the climate of middle latitudes is cold for him,
- considered fast growing
- gardeners often breed them with white acacia inoculations
- in harsh winters, the tips of the branches freeze slightly.
In this regard, for the winter period, young seedlings in the first years of life harbor. Use spunbond or simply bury the tree in the snow. Others make a small hut out of burlap, branches and supports. At the same time, it is not recommended to bend the upper part of the lzheakacii. Such a gesture by the gardener contributes to damage to the branches of culture, which leads to a slowdown in their development.
The variety is unique in that Robinia Adhesive throws color in the first year after its inoculation. Therefore, you can enjoy its fragrance immediately, without waiting for several years.
Pruning of the pink acacia should not be carried out, since the woody plant forms the crown itself. Yet sometimes it is necessary to remove frozen, diseased or dried sprouts. Then this garden exhibit will be a real highlight of the suburban area.
Is it all about color?
The true family of the Acaciaceans originates from the tropical belt of the Southern Hemisphere, from the plants we know it includes mimosa. And genuine acaciaand pseudo-campaigns are heat-loving plants with a rich historical past, a stream of legends and beliefs.
White locust, or Robinia white color today represented by hundreds of hundreds of species, to the decoration of which a man had a hand. One of these options for visual flashiness was robinia pink:
What is common in plants that differ in color of inflorescences.
As with the white-color relative, pink Robinia:
- branchy, horizontal root system, which makes it able to strengthen the slopes, sandstones, wastelands,
- it is characterized by growth intensity, especially in the first years of life, when its growth reaches 30-60 cm per season,
- this plant tolerates gas pollution of the city, soil salinization of seaside embankments,
- like all plants of this family, it is able, as a result of a complex process of photosynthesis, to accumulate nitrogen in the soil,
- Robinia gummy is a storehouse of useful substances valued by man: essential, oils, flavanoids and tannins, organic acids,
- The visual effect of a flowering tree especially affects women: in harmonizing the emotional sphere, relieving depressive states, replenishing bioenergetics.
Robiniya is sticky, and how to recognize it
Of course the most obvious signs will become visible during flowering, but there are morphological features that allow recognition of robinia pink at any stage of development:
- Tree of medium vigor, with a stem covered with dark brown smooth bark.
- It grows with root shoots, therefore it needs regular pruning.
- The buds are vegetative and generative, tightly pressed to the shoot, differ in size and shape (the latter are larger and more rounded).
- Leaves are pinnate, collected from 13-20 oval leaves of bright green color, their back side has a grayish tint, sticky hairs cover long petioles, the plant is deciduous, but until the fall the color of the leaves changes little, except that it darkens, they often fall off without yellowing.
- Large zygomorphic flowers are collected in dense upright inflorescences, the complex shape of the flower is characteristic of all plants of the legume family and is designed for strong and heavy pollinators: bees, bumblebees and even birds. To attract pollinators, the tree uses not so much a fragrance that is too weak, but a coloration of inflorescences: all shades of pink and pink-purple. Abundant flowering.
It blooms for the first time at the beginning of summer (end of May - beginning of June), having regained its strength, it produces a second flowering in three weeks (end of July), right up to the autumn, allowing up to 5 waves of flowering.
Care and reproduction of Robinia
Plant care is made up of a mandatory set of agrotechnical measures:
- landing on a sunny hillock taking into account the growth of the crown, which can correspond to the projection of the location of the roots (up to 10 meters in diameter), under protection from constant winds, the plant does not have increased requirements for the composition of the soil: it is ready to grow even on poor soils,
- spring pruning pristvolnyh shoots and dried injured branches,
- intensive watering in the initial stage of growth and in the period of drought,
- weeding wheel circle,
- top dressing mineral fertilizers from the beginning of flowering (in the 3rd year),
- protection against frost in the period of formation of a sapling (up to 3 years).
For room planting, the species of robinia is not suitable, but in the garden it can become the dominant composition or element of group plantings. The task is simplified by the ability to propagate this plant in one of 3 ways:
- planting scarified seeds that germinate with a 100% guarantee at air t + 20-25◦С, if the seeds were sown in a closed ground, a seedling up to half a meter is suitable for transplanting,
- by cutting the lateral roots in the nutrient substrate, the shoot, which will appear after 4 weeks, will have a height of 60 cm by the end of summer,
- grafting on a wild-growing stock (for the purity of the species, all shoots of the mother plant are carefully removed).
- Last tip
- Reproduction of Robinia adhesive is carried out in the spring, before the revitalization of the movement of juices.
- When planting plants, keep in mind that its ability to throw out root shoots can interfere with the cultivation of garden crops. A flowering tree, attractive to bees, can be a bad neighborhood with a window or a gazebo.
Next you will see a photo of a pink Acacia:
Description and general characteristics of the plant
Acacia is a rather ancient culture that became known many years ago. The ancient people associated it with many beliefs and gods, considered it a symbol of holiness and purity. Egyptians, Slavs, Jews and many other nations admired its beauty and used its healing properties to destroy many diseases.
Nowadays, acacia is a wonderful plant for bees, thanks to which these little toilers create tasty and sweet honey. Various substances are obtained from acacia, decoctions and tinctures are made, which have a positive effect on the human body.
From a botanical point of view, acacia is a medium-height shrub or tree that has a well-developed root system.
This plant has bright flowers that can be of various dark or light shades. The trunk and branches of a tree are usually dark brown and covered with bristles or spines. The leaves can be of various shapes, sizes and shades of green.
In general, from any point of view, acacia is an amazing tree, striking in its beauty, tenderness, uniqueness, healing and cosmetic qualities. Many gardeners plant this plant as a symbol of happiness and peace. And others believe that the acacia is a tree of good luck, by planting which you can get huge success in love, finances and family.
The most popular types and varieties
Acacia is a unique plant that is found on many continents of the world. She has a large number of subspecies that are grown in all weather and climatic conditions.
Thanks to the work of breeders, many qualities of species that were previously poorly developed have improved. Experienced gardeners actively grow the most popular species in their plots, among which the following ones stand out:
- Sticky acacia is the most famous representative of acacia from North America. Distinctive features of this type are high growth of a tree (up to 12 meters), a thin dark trunk (diameter of 40 centimeters), small flowers of a pink shade, collected on 15 pieces on each brush.
- New Mexican acacia is one of the most common shrubs, which is home to some US states. Its height is usually between 2 and 8 meters. The plant has a thin dark brown trunk, covered with small spines. The leaves of this representative are small oval. The flowers are small, collected in 15 pieces on each brush. Usually they have a white or pale purple hue.
- Bristle-haired acacia is the smallest representative of white acacia, whose height usually reaches 3 meters. Among the main features of this variety, many gardeners distinguish a trunk covered with small bristles, small flowers of lilac color and large leaves, collected from rounded petals.
- Acacia is magnificent - one of the most common varieties of acacia, the main distinguishing features of which are low growth of the tree (up to 4 meters), small green leaves and small spherical flowers that resemble small dandelions.
- Long-leaved acacia is a unique species of acacia, which is very different from many of the most famous varieties. The average height of this tree is 9 meters. And the main distinctive features of this acacia, many gardeners consider: rapid growth, thanks to which after 5 years the acacia reaches a certain point, and then grows only in breadth, narrow green leaves, fragrant pale yellow flowers, forming a long brush.
Features proper planting shrubs
Acacia is a unique ornamental tree or shrub with which many legends, stories and legends are associated. From all these sources it can be concluded that the acacia is an ancient plant, the planting rules of which have evolved over the centuries.
Nowadays it is not such a long process, but it still has its own “pitfalls” and “traps”, because of which the plant can die. Acacia is usually planted with the help of seeds, so in order to do everything correctly, the following basic rules of planting must be observed:
- Seeds for planting should be bought in specialized flower shops that supply these particular products. So you will be sure that the seeds are treated with special preparations and are not infected with various diseases.
- After buying the seeds for some time you need to store in a cool dark place. The containers for seeds are usually boxes or boxes that cover the seeds from unnecessary light. In the place where the seeds are stored, should not be too wet, so they could not germinate before the appointed time.
- The planting period of seeds should correspond to the temperature conditions outside. Usually acacia seeds are planted in early spring, however, if there is still snow in your area at this time, you should not plant the seeds, as they freeze and die. It is necessary to plant the seeds when the first buds appear on the trees.
- Before planting, acacia seeds must undergo heat treatment, which will enhance the immunity of the seed and destroy its thick skin, which prevents the ingress of moisture to the very core of the seed.
- For the cultivation of acacia seeds need a special soil, which can be purchased at a special flower shop. To improve the quality of the soil, it is possible to add drainage substances, including river sand and charcoal.
- Before planting, it is necessary to organize a small greenhouse from the tank, in which there will be a humid microclimate with a sufficient amount of heat, air and lighting.
- After planting seeds, it is necessary to produce abundant watering, which nourishes the seeds with a sufficient amount of moisture.
Self care and cultivation
Care and cultivation of acacia takes a lot of time, effort and energy. This plant needs to give all its love and care. Acacia is an undemanding tree, but you should follow some basic rules of care, thanks to which the plant will thrive and delight you with its beauty. Among such rules, experienced gardeners note the following:
- Watering (As for watering white acacia, everything is very simple. The shrub needs to be watered only for the first time so that the young plant will stick to the place where it was planted. Mature trees need to be watered very rarely, usually this happens during dry periods when the plant doesn’t enough moisture is obtained from the soil. In normal times, an acacia tree is bypassed by precipitation.)
- Fertilizers (Acacia is a plant that calmly applies to all types of fertilizers. However, it still has favorite fertilizers, among which experienced gardeners note mineral (potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen, magnesium) and organic (peat, compost, humus, manure) In addition, acacia prefers many other fertilizers, for example, drainage (a mixture of broken bricks, gravel, river sand and clay) or synthetic ones.)
- Pruning (Pruning acacia - a purely decorative process, which is carried out to improve the shape of the crown of the plant. Pruning a plant must be done very carefully, otherwise you can damage its shoots. Usually, gardeners begin to seek the help of experienced people who carefully remove excess shoots and form the crown of the tree.)
- Weeding (The soil under the plant must be periodically weeded and cleaned of harmful weeds. However, all this must be done fairly carefully so as not to damage the acacia root system. Usually, weave the soil around the trunk for a few centimeters so that it can be saturated with oxygen and get the necessary components.)
- It is important to remember that, next to the acacia, it is impossible to plant plants with a large root system, since the acacia will lack various nutrients from the soil and the plant will die. Especially it is impossible to plant bulb plants near the acacia, which require too much moisture and fertilizer.
White Acacia: short description
Acacia is a woody or shrub plant. Belongs to the legume family. Rhode acacia has about 750-800 species.
Etymologists explain the origin of the name of the tree from the Greek word ake, denoting "thorn, thorn" - in many species of acacia the stipules are modified into thorns.
A huge number of species of wood led to a little confusion. As a result, similar plants belonging to other genera and families began to be called acacias. So, for example, a silk acacia is called a tree from the genus Albizia, a yellow acacia is considered to be the shrub of the genus Caragan.
White acacia is divided into several subspecies: weeping, spherical, umbrella-shaped, small-leaved, pyramidal, golden. Each of them has a different degree of frost resistance and resistance to urban conditions. С возрастом растения становятся более крепкими и выносливыми, с каждым годом все лучше переносят неблагоприятные факторы и холода.
Древесина акации ценная, используется как топливо, в кораблестроении, для изготовления дверей, паркета. Кора и цветки используются в составе лекарственных препаратов. Дерево может жить до 50 лет.
White acacia belongs to one of the most common ornamental species, so from the description of the plant we proceed to a detailed examination of the characteristics of its planting and cultivation at the dacha.
Choosing healthy acacia seedlings when buying
Particular attention should be paid to the selection of seedlings and the place for planting. From this will largely depend on the development and appearance of the tree in the future, as well as the selection of measures to care for him.
Before buying carefully inspect the trunk of an acacia seedling - it should not be too thin with a well-developed root system. It is better to take plants with a closed rhizome, but at the same time make sure that it grows in a container and not planted shortly before the sale. It is necessary to take such seedlings, whose rhizomes look out of the drainage holes of the pot.
Optimum landing times
Experts recommend planting acacia as a seed, and seedlings in the spring. Seedlings are placed in the open ground until the moment when they have buds.
A more undesirable period for planting is autumn. If the acacia is planted at this time, there is a risk that immature roots in damp and cold soil will be affected by rot. Seedlings from the container can also be planted in late summer - early autumn, when there will be no hot days.
Site selection and soil preparation
As an adult tree grows to a large size and has a wide-spreading crown, the place for its planting should be chosen initially spacious so that it has the opportunity to fully grow and develop. It is necessary to adhere to the distance between plants of 2.5 m.
Acacia prefers to grow in the light, so it is important to take into account that the shade from other, taller trees does not fall on it.
The tree grows well on any soil, even depleted. Neither wind nor drought is terrible for him. But it does not tolerate close occurrence of groundwater.
The ideal soil for acacia is a mixture of sand and compost with the addition of ash (old lime, dolomite powder, or crushed lime).
It is not recommended to plant white acacia next to fruit trees, as it can inhibit their root system. Also, this culture should be located away from the places where children play. Firstly, since the tree is a honey plant, there will be many bees near the acacia during the flowering period. And secondly, the seeds and other parts of the plant are poisonous.
Pristvolny circle under the acacia must be kept clean - it is not worth planting additional plants in it.
Proper planting of white acacia seedlings
It is not necessary to place the seedlings in a too deep planting hole; this can cause the development of root disease. It is necessary to dig the size of the rhizome in breadth and slightly deeper than the length of the root.
Saplings with an open root system are pruned so that the top is commensurate with the bottom. You can shorten and rhizome. When planting acacia on clay soil, the bottom of the pit should be drained - a 10-20 cm layer of gravel. If you want to fertilize the soil immediately, then do it with the help of “Nitroammofoski” (60-80 g per well).
A stake is driven into the bottom of the pit, the seedling is placed in the hole, its roots are carefully straightened and covered with earth. The root neck at the same time should be located on the same level with the edges of the pit. Then the seedling is well watered. It is recommended to soil the soil in the near-stem circle with a layer of 5-7 cm. It is better to use peat as mulch.
White acacia refers to fast-growing trees., and if proper planting and proper care were carried out, then under favorable growing conditions it is able to give an annual increase of 60-80 cm (in the first years up to 1.2 m) in height and 20-30 cm in width. Flowering occurs at the age of three, four.
Care for acacia white
If the choice of location and planting were carried out in accordance with all the recommendations, the care of the white acacia is easy - it will be minimal: periodic watering, fertilizing, if necessary, pruning.
Fertilize the plant can only three years after planting. Any complex fertilizer, for example, Kemira-Universal, is suitable for this. On one tree will need 100-120 g. Fertilizers during the flowering period and in July, scatter on the soil and lightly with it and sprinkle.
In August, it is advisable to feed the acacia with potassium using potassium sulfate (30 g) or ash (1 cup).
Since white acacia does not like waterlogging, watering will be needed only for young plants. Mature trees are watered only during long dry periods. The rest of the time they will have enough moisture coming along with precipitation.
The soil under the tree will need to periodically weed in order to destroy weeds.
Disease and Pest Resistance
White acacia is characterized by high resistance to diseases and pests. Occasionally, it can be attacked by sucking parasites: scammer and sawfly. As a result of their harmful activity, the plant stops growing, lags behind in development, and curvature of the shoots takes place.
In order to scare away these insects, spraying with decoction of insecticide plants is used: black henbane, hellebore, hemlock spotted. In case of mass lesions, it is necessary to resort to treatment with chemical insecticides: “Aktara”, “Karbofos”, “Rovikurt”, etc.
Shelter for the winter of young acacia trees
The roots of a young white acacia for up to three years will need to be covered before the winter with a 10-centimeter layer of dried leaves and peat. The tree itself can be wrapped with hessian or nonwoven fabric.
In order for the plant to be able to harden a little, it is covered after the leaves fall, when quite cold weather has established.
White locust - excellent melliferous
Robinia has a number of useful properties. The main advantage is that it produces delicious and valuable honey from its nectar. Acacia medoproizvoditelnost, according to various sources, is up to 1000 kg per 1 ha, which equates to very high rates.
Acacia honey is valuable in that it is May and dietary. His sweetness is not cloying, it is transparent in color, does not crystallize for a long time and does not turn sour.
We tried to give you all the detailed information about the acacia and its agricultural techniques. As you can see, it is easy to grow this tree, the main thing is to have the desire and make a little effort. The tree looks wonderful when planted alone, as well as when planted in groups, in alleys and hedges.
Description and History
It is known that authentic representatives of the Acacia family were found in the tropical regions of the Southern Hemisphere. These include the popular mimosa. However, both genuine acacia and robinia pseudoacacia are characterized by a particular thermophilic and rich historical past, covered with a mass of legends and beliefs.
At present, the white acacia consists of 700 different species and varieties, which people worked on developing. Among them, the popular variety is pink acacia. From the key descriptions of this culture should be highlighted as follows:
- The tree may have a light pink color with lilac tones. The shape of flowers pink variety resembles belotsvetny, which is not strange, because both cultures came from the taxonomy of the legume family,
- The height of adult plants reaches 10 meters, which is significantly less than that of white Robinia. At the same time, life expectancy is shorter, but the beauty of flowering pleases the household twice per season, which is an indisputable advantage,
- The inflorescences consist of large flowers, which give the tree an irresistible appeal,
- Thick, heady aroma, which is inherent for white-color relatives, is practically absent. Sometimes the flowers do not smell at all, however insect pollinators find in them a valuable source of nutrients, therefore the plant remains an excellent honey plant,
- Modified stipules creating formidable spikes are completely absent. If they are, then their sizes are very small,
- Very often, the culture is called "sticky", which is associated with the sticky properties of young shoots, petioles and inflorescences, which are covered with glandular reddish hairs,
- Gardeners appreciate it for its excellent resistance to negative temperatures (the culture withstands temperatures below -30 degrees Celsius). At the same time, the plant perfectly transfers abnormal heat, up to +30 degrees Celsius.
What is common in Robinia pseudoacacia with different color of inflorescences
Despite the different color of inflorescences, both cultures have:
- horizontal root system, branchy type with excellent ability to strengthen the slopes, heaths and sandstones,
- excellent growth rate, which manifests itself especially intensely in the first years of life. During this period, the culture grows by 30-60 centimeters per season,
- ability to grow in severe urban conditions and in acidic soils of seaside quays,
- ability to accumulate nitrogen in the soil through the most complex photosynthesis. By the way, a similar property is present in all other members of the family,
- As part of Robinia adhesive contains an incredibly large amount of valuable substances, minerals, vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. Due to such features, people began to use it for various purposes,
- flowering tree allows you to relieve stress, get rid of depression and feel a special peace,
Adherents of psychology and ancient Chinese teachings believe that the pink color is an excellent means of therapy, which removes the negative manifestations in the form of anger, irritability or internal tension.
Other characteristics of Robinia
Robinia is considered an amazing honey plant, therefore it is pollinated by various insects, including butterflies. Fruits have oblong-linear form and are flat brown pods. Their length reaches 5-12 centimeters, and the width is 1-1.5 cm. The composition of the roots of Robinia contains unique bacteria that contribute to the production of atmospheric nitrogen, which has a positive effect on the fertility of the soil composition. The lifespan of a tree reaches 300 years.
From high-quality wood robinia pseudoacacia, which has amazing mechanical properties, resistance to destroyers and an attractive appearance, create different objects, furniture, musical instruments, decoration decorations. The core of the tree is so strong that it is practically not inferior to the core of the oak. True, in case of carpentry processing of such wood there are many difficulties, therefore, not everyone agrees to do something from Robinia. However, due to excellent durability and strength, on the basis of the material they create piles, posts, sleepers, barns, fences and bridges. The tree is able to retain visual appeal even under prolonged exposure to moisture. Stakes found demand among growers, as of them create tychiny.
The domestic version of pseudo-acacia was introduced in 1601 in North America. In Russia, the plant appeared at the beginning of the XVII century.. Since then, culture has been in great demand. and wins the hearts of many gardeners and gardeners.
Due to its excellent melliferous properties, Robinia really attracts entire colonies of pollinating insects. Fresh honey from pink acacia has a transparent color and delicate aroma. It belongs to the best and most delicious bee products. Moreover, it does not crystallize for a long time, which deserves special respect. From one tree it turns out up to 15 kilograms of the most valuable honey.
In the seeds and flowers is about 12 percent of essential oils, which have found their application in the perfume and even the coffee industry. And the product creates a coffee substitute.
In the summer period from June to July, the leaves contain about 200 grams of vitamin A and 220-240 mg% ascorbic acid. Young leaves are often used as feed for livestock.. Also based on them create a blue organic paint. Swords, coolies and all sorts of containers are made from the bast.
How to find out the plant robinia pseudoacacia
Key varietal characteristics manifest themselves in a particular way during the flowering period, although due to some morphological differences, it is easy to recognize the culture at any other time of the year.
- The tree is characterized by medium vigor and a stem which is covered with smooth dark brown bark,
- As it grows, it overgrows with basal shoots, which forces amateur gardeners to conduct regular pruning activities. If they are missing, the plant will quickly become too thick and lose its decorativeness,
- Vegetative and generative buds tightly pressed to the shoots. They can be distinguished by size and shape. Representatives of the generative group are larger and rounded,
- The culture has pinnate leaves, which consist of 13-20 oval leaves with bright green tones. On the reverse side there is a grayish tint, and sticky hairs completely wrap long petioles. The plant belongs to deciduous, although rich green tones remain on the leaves until late autumn. Very often the foliage falls, retaining its former color,
- Large-sized flowers form upright, dense inflorescences. At the same time, they all have a complex form, which is inherent in all members of the legume family. Pollination of a culture can be done only by heavy pollinators, including bees, bumblebees, and sometimes birds. In order to attract similar “guests” to itself, robinia pseudoacacia does not use flavor; it is not strong enough, namely the color of the inflorescences, using all possible shades. During the flowering period, the plant looks very lush and amazing,
- As it develops, sticky fruits with seeds appear on the tree, which can be up to ten in one hard shell of the sticky pod. Seeds are able to maintain excellent germination for 10 years. Maturation occurs in November, while they hang freely on the tree throughout the winter.
It has been proven by science that robinia has a false assortment that has all the beneficial properties of the white-colored variety. Often on its basis create highly effective antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs, diuretics, distracting rubbing in the fight against neuralgia and radiculitis. Also with the help of Robinia, pseudoacacies treat gastritis and chronic manifestations of ulcerative diseases. From the essential oils of robinia pseudoacacia create excellent cosmetic preparations that are in demand in many countries around the world. The plant has been used in folk and official medicine.
Planting and care
In order to cultivate crops at home was as successful as possible, every gardener needs to perform a number of agrotechnical activities:
- selection of sufficiently illuminated places on a small hill for landing. It is important to understand that as the crown grows, its diameter can reach 10 meters. Therefore, it is necessary to provide the tree with reliable protection in advance against the constant impact of strong drafts. As for the soil composition, there are no special requirements for it robinia pseudoacacia. Good growth productivity is seen on poor, heavy formulations, but if you want to enjoy excellent flowering for a long time, it is better to give preference to fertile solutions with a rich supply of nutrients, of course
- in the spring, the tree needs to be pruned, during which all tree trunks and dried or injured branches are removed,
- abundant watering will be necessary in the early stages of growth and with strong drying of the upper soil layers,
- it is important not to avoid weeding the wheel circle,
- the use of mineral fertilizers start at the beginning of flowering,
- protection against frost must be ensured at the stage of the seedling formation, at the age of up to three years,
It is not possible to grow pink acacia at home, but single and group plantings are welcome in the garden. Self-cultivation it becomes especially simple because of the wide possibilities of reproduction. Today culture is propagated in the following ways:
- with the help of scarified seeds, the germination of which reaches 100 percent, in case the temperature regime of + 20 + 25 degrees is ensured exactly. For transplanting into the open soil, only half-meter seedlings are suitable,
- by cutting the lateral roots in a nutrient substrate. In this case, the escaping can grow to 60 centimeters in a few months,
- by grafting on a wild-growing stock (to save a variety, all shoots of the mother seedling are removed),
Among the valuable tips for a successful landing of robinia pseudoacacia, it is important to highlight such:
- the propagation of culture must begin in the spring, before the beginning of the sap flow,
- Do not forget that the plant can throw out root shoots, which can have a depressant effect on garden crops. In addition, inflorescences attract pollinators,
Pink Acacia - very interesting by right, beautiful and useful tree. Its useful properties are so extensive that many still do not know about them.
During the flowering period, such a plant can become a very vivid design for urban parks, recreational avenues, or homestead territories, creating a spectacular addition to landscape design. Growing a culture at home is very simple. It is enough to follow a number of mandatory rules, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the end result, and the tree will delight you with its fragrance and decorative effect for a long time.
Робиния клейкая: ботаническая характеристика
Робиния клейкая (она же розовая акация и лжеакация) ― дерево, принадлежащее роду Робиния, семейству Бобовые. Естественный ареал захватывает юго-восток Северной Америки. Вид выбирает для произрастания горные ландшафты.
Устоявшееся название этого солнцелюбивого дерева, завезённого в сады Франции из Северной Америки, — акация. Но, как видно из международного классификатора флоры — оно ошибочное. Therefore, the scientific literature uses synonyms - "false acacia", "false acacia", "pseudoacacia" or "robinia".
Acacia Robinia is characterized by rapid growth (30-60 cm per season), and in general, the height of an adult tree can reach 10 m. Crohn’s lacunaire is lush and spreading, trunk diameter is about 30-35 cm, the bark is dense, even, deep dark brown . It is called adhesive because its branches, leaf stalks, axes of inflorescences, stalks are sticky because of the presence of sticky glandular hairs on their surface.
The leaves of the pink acacia are odd-pinnate, each in the shape of an oblong ellipse, blunt at the end, the base rounded or in the form of a wide wedge, collected from 13–20 oval leaflets. The length of the leaf plate is up to 20 cm, the width is up to 2 cm. Young leaves are completely covered with fuzz; as the tree grows, the upper surface of the leaf plate becomes bare, and the lower one may become bare or pubescent. The color of the leaves above is saturated green, below it is greyish green. Stipules are spikes up to 5 mm in length, may fall off.
White lacquer is a variety that today is represented by many varieties, and all thanks to the selection and crossing that led to this diversity. And one of its variants of decorative cultivation was pink culture or sticky robinia.
The main decoration of pink acacia is a lush, radiating delicate fragrance, a floral hat. Small (up to 2 cm in length) flowers are combined in 10-15 pieces in smooth brush-like inflorescences (up to 10 cm in length, up to 5 cm in width). Their pink color can be either very light or saturated. The period when the pink acacia blooms profusely is in June. Under favorable climatic conditions, double annual flowering is possible: the first at the beginning of summer and the second time in August.
Fruits of acacia pink seeds, closed in oblong (up to 9 cm long) sticky pods with a curved end, loosely covered with glandular hairs. The seeds themselves are also oblong (up to 0.4 cm long), brown in color, with a smooth, non-shiny surface. Fruit ripening begins in August and ends in November, the whole winter period they can hang on a tree without falling off.
In pink Robinia: branchy, horizontal root system, which makes it able to strengthen the slopes, sandstones, wastelands.
Robinia gummy has been a decorative culture since 1791. In countries with favorable climatic conditions (Mediterranean, southern Russia), it is actively used in garden and park ensembles. For decorative purposes, planted as single trees and groups.
Pink acacia: planting and care
Pink acacia is a rather capricious plant, so gardeners should carefully follow the rules of planting and caring for a tropical “guest”. She loves to grow in well-lit, sublime, drafted places. Due to the fact that the crown of the exotic beauty is spreading, reaches a diameter of 10 m, the tree needs to be open.
The choice of a landing site for Robinia is determined by its need for light. Under the sun, it develops better. On shaded areas, it will also grow, but it does not bloom so much and may suffer from frost. Natural pink protection from the north wind (house wall, shed or fence) is also desirable for robin robinias.
To make Robinia gummy bloom long and abundantly, it needs light and fertile soil. And at the beginning of flowering, you need to make additional feeding. But in principle, to the composition of the soil, pink acacia is undemanding, can grow well even on heavy ground, poor in nutrients, but in this case it is not necessary to expect lush flowering from it.
Poured pink acacia moderately. Abundant introduction of water into the soil is necessary only for a young planted plant and with a strong drying of the upper soil horizon. Periodically should weed pristvolny circle.
For better flowering and the formation of a beautiful crown pruning every spring. Root shoots are cut off, with which the pink acacia is overgrown very actively, they remove damaged and dead branches.
At home, Robinia sticky does not cultivate, this type of garden exclusively. Cultivation is not difficult, using several methods of plant reproduction:
- Seeds. Germination is almost 100 percent. Germinate seeds at a temperature of 20 - 25 ° C. In open ground transplanted seedlings, in height reached 0.5 m.
- Cuttings. The lateral roots are grafted, placed in a substrate saturated with nutrients. Shoots appear quickly, grow rapidly (a couple of months are able to rise to 50 cm).
- Grafting. Graft on a wild stock. To save varietal features maternal shoots cut out.
Pink robinia is propagated in the spring, until the movement of the juice begins.
Gardeners who decide to plant a false acacia on the plot should take into account that the tree is capable of producing root shoots, which is unfavorable for the garden and garden crops growing in the neighborhood. Also note that pink flowers are attractive to pollinating insects.
Acacia pink in the suburbs
Robinia is heat-sensitive and drought-resistant, so many gardeners are interested in whether the culture will grow in the Moscow region and in general in the middle belt of the country. In mid-latitude conditions, the species is propagated mainly by seeds. You can bring a seedling from another region, but it is unlikely to take root, because it is not adapted to local climatic conditions. Even if it takes root, it will grow and develop weakly. Some gardeners practice breeding by grafting on white acacia.
As it grows, the winter resistance of Robinia increases. But if winter is harsh, then thin twigs and ends of thick branches can freeze. Young plants may freeze to the snow edge. However, if the roots are alive, the plant is restored, thanks to its rapid growth ability and active release of shoots.
To attract pollinators, Robinia Sticky uses not so much a fragrance that is too weak, but a color of inflorescences: all shades of pink and pink-purple.
So that young plants do not freeze, in the first few years of their life they are covered for a cold period. Spunbond is used as a heater. If the winter is snowy, then you can simply sketch the snow on the tree. Some gardeners make shelter out of burlap. Bend the upper part of the crown for the winter can not be. Branches may be damaged, which will slow the growth of culture.
Pink acacia: healing properties
Robinia gluey - a plant not only beautifully flowering, with high decorative qualities, but also healing. The healing properties of both flowers and other parts of the acacia tree. In pink flowers are essential oils, useful acids, tannins. Leaves are rich sources of flavonoids and glycosides. The thin bark of young plants is saturated with tannins, oils, sterols.
Robinia sticky characteristic of all the healing qualities of white acacia: as part of antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs, diuretics, distracting rubbing with neuralgia and radiculitis, in the treatment of gastritis and peptic ulcer.
In many homeopathic preparations for ulcers, gastritis, migraines, there is an extract of a young false acacia bark in the composition. In folk medicine, the bark and leaves are not used, since in these parts of the plant there is a significant concentration of poisonous compound - alkaloid robinin. Previously, a strong laxative was prepared from leaves and bark. The flowers contain much less robinin, so they are actively used in traditional medicine.
The recipes of preparation and dosage of folk remedies must be strictly followed. Overdose causes vomiting and headaches.
Robinia pink flowers are collected for healing purposes in June, at the peak of flowering. Cut off whole inflorescences. Care must be taken not to damage the flowers, not to break the thin branches of the tree. The collected buds are put on clean paper or cloth. Collection dried in a shaded, well-ventilated place. Stored dried raw materials in paper bundles in a cool place.
From the dried flowers of pink acacia prepare various medicinal tinctures:
- Flower infusion from colds, for expectoration and relaxation. A teaspoon of dried flowers is poured with a glass of boiled water, insisting half an hour. Drink a tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Flower infusion from urolithiasis and other pathologies of the urinary system. A tablespoon of floral raw materials is poured with a glass of boiled water, insisting half an hour. Drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day after meals.
- Alcohol tincture of acidity of the digestive juice. A tablespoon of floral raw materials is poured with half a glass of 40 percent alcohol, kept for 2 weeks in a shaded place. Drink 20 drops dissolved in water 2 times a day.
- Alcohol tincture for external use in osteochondrosis, varicose veins, rheumatism, radiculitis. Take 80 g of a mixture of fresh and dried flowers, pour a glass of alcohol, keep 2 weeks in a shaded place. Apply to compresses and rubbing.
Robinia false lacquer with pink flowers is a very beautiful exotic plant that can ennoble a personal plot, become a bright, visible, pleasing to the eye detail of a garden and park landscape and also possessing a number of useful healing properties. Many gardeners have already appreciated her dignity and "settled" in their country estates.
Accommodation on a plot of fruit trees and bushes
How many fruit trees and berry bushes can be planted on the site and how to place them correctly
Almost all garden plants are very light-requiring and grow well, bloom and bear fruit only in open areas. Shading inhibits them, dramatically reduces the yield and its quality. Therefore, the gardener's first concern is to ensure proper lighting conditions on the site throughout the garden's life. One should not allow such a planting, when tall forest and ornamental trees in time begin to take light from less tall fruit, and the latter - to shade berries, vegetables and other low-growing plants. In addition, plantings should not interfere with neighboring areas and shade them.
Before planting, plot the exact plot plan on a scale of 1:50 or 1: 100, that is, 1 cm on the plan is 0.5 or 1 m on the plot, and draw on it the location of buildings, paths, landing sites and projections of full-aged crowns of all trees and bushes, vegetable ridges and flower beds. This is the only way to correctly calculate the number of trees and bushes that can be reasonably placed, to find the areas and shapes of flower beds and flower beds. Based on such calculations, as well as the principles of selection of crops and varieties and the experience of amateur gardeners, the following table is compiled.
Approximate set of crops and their ratio for garden plots in various conditions of the Moscow region (total area of 600m2, 450m2 under the garden and garden):
* The areas under vegetables, flowers and strawberries, as well as the number of berry and ornamental shrubs in the first 6-8 years of garden life can be much more.
With good agricultural technology on this site you can get 500-800 kg of fruits and berries and 150-300 kg of vegetables annually, which ensures the need of a family of 4-6 people.
It should not be planted interspersed or near fruit trees and berry bushes. Currants, gooseberries and especially raspberries should be planted away from apple trees, and the latter should be planted separately from cherries and plums. Gooseberry bushes should not be planted next to the bushes of black and red currants (sulfur preparations used in the fight against currant bud mite, cause gooseberry leaves to fall off). Already, when planting a garden, one has to take care of the re-pollination of trees and shrubs of rare crops: pears, red sweet ash, sea buckthorn, some new plum varieties, edible honeysuckle, actinidia, lemongrass, currant-gooseberry hybrids.
It is necessary to grow near or close enough to plants of another variety of the same culture or hybrid variety. In sea buckthorn, you can have one male tree for several women growing in neighboring areas, and during flowering, take a couple of branches from it, placing them in a vessel with water in the crown of female trees. In actinidia and lemongrass, it is also advisable to have a plant with male flowers among plants with bisexual or functionally female flowers.
It is also necessary to take into account the mutual influence of plants that turned out to be neighbors in the same garden plot. Very little is known about this effect through gaseous and liquid secretions — allelopathy — but something can already be noted. It is known, for example, that a walnut tree by its secretions damages and even kills apple trees. Apparently the potato harms the apple with its root secretions. In turn, the apple tree also inhibits potatoes. Common Red Rowan clearly inhibits the growth of neighboring apple trees and, apparently, not only apple trees. Horse chestnut, fir, barberry, viburnum, rose and wild rose, lilac, chubushnik, white acacia, Japanese quince, magnolia, chrysanthemum, wormwood, salvia have high allelopathic activity. Growth of some plants is suppressed by root excretions of tomatoes and cucumbers, wheatgrass, alfalfa. There is also a beneficial mutual influence of plants. Among such successful neighborhoods are thuja and tulips, thuja and nasturtium, carrots and beans, carrots and leeks and other onions, carrots and beans, celery and cauliflower, celery and tomatoes, etc.
It is not necessary to place the bushes and trees in rows, to make straight paths and beds. Can be planted in free groups, creating certain zones connected by a winding path. On places free of trees and bushes, it is advisable to create a single strawberry-vegetable crop rotation of 8-10 "fields" - areas of 15-20m2 occupied by ridges, including flowers and, if necessary, cultural sodding (lawn) for 1-3 years. The lawn improves soil structure and frees it from pathogens that are dangerous to vegetables, strawberries and fruit crops.
Shrubs are placed around the perimeter of the garden plot no closer than 1 m from the border, and fruit trees are no closer than 3 m. It is recommended to plant trees from the buildings at a distance of 3 m, that is, so that tall buildings do not give shade to the trees during daylight hours. In a row, trees with voluminous crowns on high-growth rootstocks are placed at a distance of 3–4 m from each other, and trees on low-growing rootstocks and cherry and plum trees at a distance of 2–3 m.
The distances between the rows of trees increase to 4-5m on high-growth rootstocks, up to 3-4m - for apple and pear trees on low-growing rootstocks, cherries and plums - up to 3.5-4m. Apple and pear trees, formed in the form of flat crowns (palmette), are usually placed according to a pattern of 2-3 × 3-4 m (on strong-growing rootstocks) and 1.5-2 × 3-3,5m (on low-growth rootstocks).
Mixed placement of fruit trees and berry bushes in the garden area is allowed when the distance between trees in the row increases by 1-2m, and between rows - by 1-1.5m. Placement on the site may be different.
If fruit trees have to be planted on hillocks (the groundwater level is closer than 1–1.5 m from the soil surface), the distances in the row and between the rows can be taken as above. Thanks to this technique, the diameter of the knoll will increase from year to year, an earthen wall will appear in a row in a few years. Sometimes trees are planted immediately on earthen shafts 30-50 cm high, and then they sprinkle the earth on both sides of the shaft annually, increasing its width by 10-15 cm. After 10-15 years the width of the shaft will increase by 1-2m and more.
On slopes with a steepness of more than 8-10 °, trees are placed across the slope at a distance of 3–4 m from each other in sodding lines or on bulk terraces. This placement of trees prevents soil from being washed away from the slope. In the rows placed across the slope, mixed planting of trees and berry bushes is allowed.
LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS what flowers mean and their meaning
- 1 Victorian Flower Language: The History of Floriography
- 2 What do flowers mean in the language of flowers?
- 3 What do flowers mean? Meaning of flowers
- 4 Floral signs and customs
Every Englishman having heard the "Victorian" - immediately represents the flowers. In the Victorian era, flowers were decorated all around: from valentines to carriages with horses.
Therefore, a special way of communication was created - the Victorian language of flowers. For the non-specialist, flower arrangements may look like a simple aesthetic work of art.
Very few people know that certain types of colors and certain types of color combinations signify a certain meaning and emotions.
This beautiful means of communication is called “florography” or “language of flowers”.
- This diverse art form originated in the Victorian era in England (19th century) so that people can express their feelings in a coded way.
Soon, the Victorian language of flowers became a tradition and gained popularity throughout Europe.
Victorians deeply believe in the power of their messages with flowers. They equate knowledge of the language of colors and the correct use of colors with good manners, politeness and well-groomed appearance.
In Paris, Charlotte de la Tour, in 1818, wrote the first dictionary and self-study guide on the Victorian language of flowers, Le Language des Fleurs. The book created a sensation and became a real sensation.
Вдохновленная этой популярной работой, мисс Carruthers из шотландского города Инвернесс, в 1879 году написала книгу «Flower Lore: The teaching of Flowers Historical, Legendary, Poetical and Symbolical». Эта книга стала первоисточником и стандартом для цветочного символизма в США и Великобритании.
- Цветы предоставили возможность тихого общения и передачи слов на расстоянии.
- Кроме того, запах конкретного растения на носовом платке говорил больше многих слов, и этот способ передачи сообщений очень быстро стал популярным.
The public paid great attention to the Victorian language of flowers, and more and more books on floriography began to appear. But they did not enjoy such success as the two mentioned.
What do flowers mean in the language of flowers?
There are several author's interpretations of the same types of flowers and their coloring. For example, hydrangea can relate to the recipient's insensitivity or appreciation for their forgiveness.
Therefore, it is important that all meanings of colors have the same meaning and without confusion. Otherwise, it will lead to misunderstandings, which may result in grief or even serious trials.
To date, it is the first two books on florography that matter most.
Contrary to popular belief, flowers mean not only love. In the old days, every gesture had its meaning. Whether it is fixed flowers to the hair on the left, right side or on top of the head. Now these signs are forgotten.
There are a huge variety of colors, and they convey the same large number of human emotions. Some flowers are of very great value and are not necessarily similar to each other.
For example, it is well known that a yellow rose signifies friendship, but not many people know that it can still indicate betrayal? Who knows that coriander flower means lust?
There are enough more or less well-known or significant colors that have a serious meaning, but people do not worry about it.
- Leaves Basilicafor example, show hate
- Dope means false charm
- Dill talks about who is worthy of all praise
- Wild Honeysuckle indicates inconsistency
- Broom is the hallmark of pensive beauty
- Lotus can mean eloquence or alienated love
A man can convey his feelings with proper selection of flowers after the first date or a romantic dinner. A great option to send snowdrops, decorated with mint, so he will show warmth and care.
A man, on the eve of badly behaved and flirted with other women - then let him give a lilac for humility or a blackberry as a sign of repentance.
If you want to end the relationship, you can send a striped carnation, as during the war of the Scarlet and White Rose.
In our time, the small nuances of the Victorian language of flowers are almost forgotten.
However, the red rose still conveys passionate and romantic love. And white roses remain a proposition of virtue and chastity, while yellow roses are suitable for friendship or devotion.
Even if the exact meaning and translation of the language of flowers is lost, the flowers still still speak their own language.
Especially flowers with a religious or symbolic meaning. Biblical literature contains many references to flowers. And in the Middle Ages it was believed that flowers have magical powers. Therefore, flowers were given a place of honor in the royal gardens.
- In fact, it is very easy to convey your true feelings - you just need to choose the right flowers! Speak gracefully and brightly in the Victorian language of flowers, and it will help you in modern life.
Do not forget to send the accompanying card along with the bouquet, which will explain the meaning of the colors, as the recipient may not be very good at floriography.
What do the flowers mean? Meaning of flowers
Acacia - secret love
Azalea - moderation
Carnation, pink - woman's love
Chamomile - energy
Narcissus - attention or selfishness
Daisy - innocence
Dogwood - durability
Honeysuckle - generosity and loyal affection
Iris - message
Ivy - loyalty
Jasmine - courtesy
Lavender - mistrust
Lily - clean
Calendula - sadness
Myrtle - love and marriage
Oak - hospitality
Oleander - be careful
Orange flowers - chastity
Pansies - thoughtfulness
Periwinkle - friendship
Quince - temptation
Rhododendron - danger
the Rose, one is simplicity
Turkish carnation - gallantry
Thistle - disobedience
Tulip - glory
Water lily - purity of heart
Wisteria - I attach to you
Zinnia - thoughts of absent friends
Floral signs and customs
Here are just the most popular plants and their meanings. In addition to them, there were special signs that may seem superstitious. But the language of flowers is manifested in them.
- Who among us at least once in his life did not tear off the petals of chamomile, saying: "Loves - does not love?".
There is a long-standing custom that is associated with the first spring flower. This sign says if you met the first flower in spring on Monday - luck, on Tuesday - execution of plans, Wednesday - wedding, Thursday - a small profit, Friday - wealth, Saturday - a misfortune, and Sunday - good luck in a few weeks.
- Even Queen Victoria believed in the language of flowers. Therefore, it was the myrtle that was included in the bridal bouquet, as a symbol of long and happy love.
Later this myrtle was planted, and to this day, at every royal wedding, a little myrtle is added to the bouquet. Each flower arrangement at a wedding feast is complemented by myrtle.
INTERESTING ON THEME:
1.LEGENDS ABOUT MILLS - TINNY LOVE AND A HAPPY END!
2.GORNING UNCLEANED PLANTS - WILL BE RIGHT AND THE SCHOOL STUDENT!
3. HOW IS IT CORRECT AND EASY TO DRY FLOWERS?
We wish you to allow Victorian flowers into your life and be happy!