Rosa Iceberg, considered one of the most popular in the world, was bred by crossing a climbing musky and hybrid tea rose in Germany in 1958. During the blooming of snow-white buds it resembles a snow iceberg, from which it got its name “Iceberg”.
Growing roses designed for garden decoration and landscape design. This article provides a detailed description and characteristics of Floribund Iceberg.
Description variety Iceberg
On branching, strong-growing, with light shoots and pale green shiny foliage, elegant blooms of pearly white semi-double flowers adorn. In cold weather, they can cast a pinkish tinge. Flower size 5-6 cm in diameter. The buds are slightly elongated with a greenish or pinkish tinge. The smell is almost absent.
Climbing Climbing Iceberg Rose is a re-flowering plant. It has the following characteristics that distinguish it from other varieties:
- Buds bloom during the week and bloom all month.
- Flowering begins in June and continues until late autumn, the main thing is not to forget to trim the flowering inflorescences in a timely manner. In places with warm climates can bloom throughout the year.
- It grows pretty quickly. The bush grows up to 1.5-2 m in height and 80-100 cm in width. It needs support.
- Due to its curly shape and long blooming, this variety of roses is a wonderful decoration for the facades of buildings, arches, columns, arbors, flower beds and lawns. Looks great singly planted bush.
- With good uniform illumination, flowers are showered with clusters of shoots from top to bottom. Inflorescences of 3-5 flowers are located on one stalk.
- White curly beauty Iceberg is moderately resistant to diseases. But in the period of long rains it can be affected by black spot.
- Dues high frost. When severe frosts need shelter.
Floribunda is considered unpretentious, but, like any plant, it needs regular care.
Features of the cultivation of climbing beauty Iceberg
In order for a rose to grow in a beautiful, properly braided, flowering bush, certain requirements must be adhered to during planting:
- Rose Iceberg climbing - a sun-loving plant, but it is recommended to plant it in the shade of the floor to avoid damage from the scorching sun.
- Landing is better when the air temperature rises a little above +10 degrees, the most suitable month is April.
- The growing place must be ventilated and protected from the wind, with moderate humidity.
- The soil is preferred light, saturated with humus, breathable, drained.
If the purpose of planting a rose is to create a rose garden, it is necessary to cultivate the ground 40 cm deep. In the case of a single landing you need to dig a deep hole. Instructions on how to plant a rose Iceberg:
- dig a hole 1 m deep, 65 cm in diameter,
- at the bottom put pre-cooked, pochvosmes. To prepare it, mix 1 part of humus, two parts of sand, 1 part of sod soil,
- for the best development of roses in the pit add a bucket of wood ash or mineral fertilizers,
- in order to provide the plant with better tolerance for planting, the seedling must be placed in water 4-5 hours before planting,
- before planting, trim too long roots, they should be no more than 30 cm, and the excess shoots, leaving no more than four,
- Lower the seedling into the pit, fall asleep, slightly condensing.
Planting a curling rose Iceberg should be on suitable and prepared soil. If the ground is clay at the landing site, it should be loosened using sand and fertilized with humus. Sandy ground drain sawdust and make a little compost.
Proper care for a climbing rose
With proper planting and care, rose Klaming Iceberg will constantly delight its owner with a healthy look and snow-white inflorescences. The root system of the plant must have a sufficient number of small roots to get more absorbable nutrient moisture from the soil. Therefore, the main condition for care is watering and nutrition, on which depends on the abundant long-term flowering and healthy bush.
In addition, the plant needs timely pruning and loosening the soil. Do not forget about the diseases and pests that can catch a rose, and regularly monitor it.
Basic rules of care
For proper care of climbing rose climber type, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- Water regularly. Watering is carried out under the root so that water does not fall on the plant itself. It is not necessary to allow the soil to dry out, but it is also not worth pouring too much. Water temperature for irrigation should be slightly higher than the air temperature.
- Fertilize the plant. In order for the rose to bloom constantly, it is recommended to feed it in May and July. Complex mineral fertilizers are used for this, which can be replaced with infusion of nettle. To cook it, you need to fill the grass (2 buckets) with water (200 l). The plant responds well to organics.
- Trim the bush. Cut the rose in spring or autumn. When the autumn pruning spring is skipped. Branches older than 3 years are removed, last year's shortened by three buds. Faded buds are also trimmed.
- Loosen the soil around the bush. This procedure promotes better air penetration to the roots and conserves water. It is best to loosen in May and finish in August so that the plant does not grow.
- Prepare a rose for winter. It is necessary to remove all the leaves and flowers, cut off the damaged and diseased shoots. Iceberg rose branches are flexible, so they are tilted to the ground and pinned. Then they are covered with spruce branches. In the spring, the shelter is removed and trimmed the same as in the fall. Around the bush loosen the ground.
Rose Iceberg in late autumn:
Iceberg variety description
It is white floribunda that is one of the most popular and widely known types of roses. The flowering period of the rose begins mostly in the early summer and continues to bloom until severe frosts.
This variety is different increased resistance to temperature variationsThis feature allows the rose to bloom for a whole year in hot climates. In addition, floribunda is blooming variety. The buds are slightly elongated, sometimes greenish or pinkish, when opened they have the appearance of semi-double and pure white flowers with a light pink tinge, which are clearly visible in cold weather. The flowers of this plant are kept for a long time both on the plant and after cutting, the stamens retain their shade of yellow for a long time.
Flowers that are collected in inflorescences, bloom in a few weeks. Floribunda bush has a branchy form, vigorous, with brilliant foliage. In a hot climate can reach up to two meters in heightWhile trailing along to various constructions, however, it is recommended to trim at half this height. A rather round and branchy shape of the bush allows using this plant both in a solitary planting and in a micro assembly. If the weather is wet for a long time, black spot may appear, however, this does not prevent the iceberg variety from being the most resistant to various diseases.
Iceberg resistant to rainy weather, while the flowers do not fall off and do not lose their original appearance. Diseases can only occur when the plants are planted close to each other.
The only disadvantage of this variety is that the iceberg rose has almost no smell, however, this does not make it less popular. Its features make it the chief among all the genus of this class.
This variety differs from others in the following characteristics:
- Abundant and long flowering. Thanks to the iceberg rose, you can create a unique design throughout the year, both on the wall, arch, and in the landings of a single type.
- Rosa Iceberg, has the property, bloom more than once. If you make timely removal of inflorescences that have already bloomed, then in the fall you can admire new beautiful flowers.
- This type of rose has a very amazing structure of the flower and leaves. The leaves have a light green shade with a characteristic brilliance, flowers are terry and have the shape of a larger bud.
- This variety, compared to other varieties of roses, able to grow quite quickly. For a short time, the rose is able to close the wall or facade on the site.
Climbing iceberg is used not only for landscaping squares and parks, but also for creating original design curbs, this is due to its:
- resistance to low temperature conditions
- long flowering period
- unpretentiousness to conditions for cultivation.
Features of the cultivation of climbing beauty iceberg
The rose is a rather unpretentious plant, however, in order for it to delight with its beauty, abundance of flowers and be able to weave correctly, it is necessary to adhere to certain requirements:
- it is necessary to provide a rose with sunny color,
- regarding soil, it is best to give preference to light and humus-rich soil,
- the plant loves moderate humidity, since with excessively high humidity it can develop certain diseases,
- It is best to plant the plant in areas where there is at least some protection from the wind.
When the plant is seated for the cultivation of the rose garden, the depth of planting may not exceed 40 centimeters, if the rose is planted for a single planting, then follow a rather deep hole. In addition, planting plants near the buildings, on which it will trudge should make sure that it has a greater variety of bindings. In the pit is to lay the soil mixture, which mainly consists of humus, sod-type soil and sand. This mixture must be pre-mixed in a separate container in a ratio of 1: 1: 2. Iceberg rose is well developed on the soil, to which, before planting, wood ash (near a bucket) or mineral fertilizers was added.
If the soil consists of clay rocks, it must be loosened with sand and enriched with humus. Sandy soil is drained with various sawdust and a small amount of compost is introduced. Carrying out these activities in the future will have a positive impact on the development of the bush, and on its flowering. Engage in planting faces is possible only after the snow melts and the earth warms up a bit. Optimal, experts call April. 4 - 5 hours before planting the saplings of roses should be soaked in water, this will allow the plant to transfer the planting better later on. When planting, it is also necessary to prune seedlings, horses that are longer than 30 centimeters should be cut.
As mentioned earlier, the climbing iceberg rose is derived from the German Schneewittchen rose variety. Having preserved all the positive qualities of the parent variety, it differs from it primarily in height, since it can grow over two meters. Under favorable conditions, the Iceberg climbing form can grow up to 3 meters wide. If agricultural cultivation is observed and a good winter shelter, the climbing rose Iceberg Klaimbing forms a strong-growing shrub, which in adulthood acquires a rounded crown shape. The advantage of this variety include a small number of thorns. Its leaves are smooth and shiny, light green in color. The plant is rather winter-hardy, but even if last year's shoots were frozen out and not preserved, the rose will still bloom - on the shoots of the current year. Climbing Iceberg rose grows pretty quickly, which allows it to decorate various buildings and fences. Despite a lot of advantages, this variety of roses, according to experts and gardeners, has one major drawback - a very weak, almost imperceptible smell.
Oh, what a rose!
On the rose bush, the Iceberg is tied with elongated pinkish or greenish buds that open into white flowers. If the summer was cold, the core of the flower that has opened may change to a creamy yellow color, turning into a light pink shade. The size of a semi-double flower is small, as a rule, does not exceed 9 cm. The climbing iceberg-rose forms from 3 to 15 flowers, gathered in large loose brushes, and pleases with two flowering season. This is only possible when all faded buds were removed in a timely manner. Outwardly very fragile, snow-white flowers endure rain and wind, without losing their decorative qualities.
Where to find her place?
A lot of sun, fertile and well-drained soil, protected from wind and waterlogging - only if all these conditions are met, the climbing iceberg can show itself in all its glory. Reviews of Russian gardeners say that plants of this variety grow and bloom in our climate. It is only important to create optimal conditions for them:
- Well ventilated, but protected from sudden gusts of wind place.
- Rose - a sun-loving plant. In the shade or partial shade, it can grow, but you will not have to wait for a beautiful and powerful flowering in these conditions.
- The soil should be well fertilized, it’s not for nothing that the rose is said to be the queen of manure.
- It is important that the soil under the rose bush is well absorbed moisture, but not sated by it, that is, it must be drained.
- The roots of the plant should receive not only food, but also air. That is why experienced gardeners recommend after each watering to carefully loosen the soil around or to mulch the soil under a bush. This will help to avoid compaction of the upper soil layer, and the aeration of the root system will not be disturbed.
- You can not plant seedlings in the lowlands and under the trees, as well as in those places where roses had previously grown. If there is no other place, you will have to change the ground to a depth of 50 cm.
- It is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of the planted bushes, timely recognizing the first signs of disease or damage by pests.
How to care for her?
Planting climbing roses in central Russia is better in spring, when the soil warms up to + 10-12 0 С, but the buds on the plants have not woken up yet. You can plant young plants in September, it is important that the buds do not go to growth, and the bush is rooted. But the unpredictability of the weather can interfere with normal rooting.
The soil and the pit for planting roses are prepared in advance, from autumn or a month before planting. During this time, the components of the soil mix will mix and it will settle down. The following fertilizers are added to it, based on 1 m 2:
- 500-1000 g of wood ash,
- 500-1000 g of lime,
- 500 g of bone meal,
- 100 g of superphosphate.
In the place where the planting of roses is planned, they dig a hole 70 cm deep and 60x60 cm in size. The upper fertile layer is carefully removed and set aside separately from the rest of the soil. A layer of gravel, broken brick or pebble is laid on the bottom. Then, 40–50 cm of pre-prepared soil mixture with fertilizers is poured, after which the pit is filled with a fertile soil layer.
Description and features
Climbing rose Iceberg - the favorite of many gardeners. The variety has stunning decorative qualities along with stability, reliability and predictability. Rosa Iceberg is not a selective development, but a kidney mutation of the Floribunda rose, which appeared naturally.
The peculiarities of this rose, belonging to the species of Climbing, are the following characteristics:
- Surprisingly long and lush bloom. Thanks to the shrub, it is possible to ensure the decorativeness of the garden and individual landscape elements for the whole summer season.
- Variety Iceberg able to bloom again. To do this, it is necessary to remove the outdated inflorescences in time during the first decorative period. Usually the second phase begins in the fall.
- The flowers of the plant have the original semi-double structure in the form of a large cup. Leaves unusual light color, for roses uncharacteristic. It looks like a plant externally on the Schneevitchen variety.
- The aroma, though barely perceptible, is nevertheless pleasant.
- The bush grows very quickly and in a short time is able to decorate the landscape, hide the ugly elements of the garden.
In addition, Rose Iceberg:
Description of flowers and bush
In rose iceberg flowers have a white classic color, with the heart of the bud is usually creamy or slightly yellowish. Interestingly, in cool weather, the petals become slightly pink. The structure of flowers is semi-double, the diameter of one bud is about 9 cm, one peduncle usually gives 2-3 buds. Rose at the same time and tea, and poliantovaya - the location of the inflorescences on the shrub is similar to both species.
Thanks to its white flowers, the variety got the name “Iceberg”. But in the international flower catalog the plant is referred to as “Schneewittchen”, which means “strong-flowering” in German. Thus, Iceberg roses are called in Germany, the USA and England.
As for the bush, then it has a medium size, growing from a meter to one and a half in height. The shoots have a light green tint, almost the same as the leaves. Photos of plants on our site.
Application in landscape design
This variety is not grown for cutting: Iceberg rose serves as a decoration for garden design. The climbing shrub is ideal for landscaping not only gardens, but also city streets, parks, squares. Может выращиваться как оригинальный высокорослый бордюр. Как штамбовое растение тоже хорошо себя проявляет. В этом случае крону куста формируют в виде шара диаметром около 60 см.
Сорт часто используется для создания монохромных белых цветочных композиций. White color boasts a visual illusion that expands the space, which is indispensable for miniature areas and just small. In addition, the Iceberg rose is good to use as a wedding decoration: in such a garden, any celebration will be wonderful.
Note that the variety is very popular among gardeners, and this popularity is increasing every year.
Great value variety. The plant begins to bloom in June and lasts until the autumn frosts. But sometimes, as already mentioned above, flowering occurs in two steps. If you grow this rose in an area where there is no winter, it will bloom all year round.
The inflorescences are located along the entire length of the shoots, which creates a uniform arrangement of the buds and provides a lush, spectacular appearance of the shrub.
Location and lighting
It is recommended to plant a rose on the site, abundantly flooded with sunlight. In the shade of a rose Iceberg will feel bad and decorative, lush bloom is unlikely to please. But the uniform illumination of the shrub from all sides will provide it with lush and abundant flowering. For this, the area where the rose grows must be open.
The site should be flat, it is possible on a small elevation. In the hollows and lowlands of planting a rose Iceberg is undesirable, because in such places usually accumulates a lot of water.
In general, the variety is cold-resistant, but in the winter it is recommended to cover it in any case. In our climate, the weather is unpredictable and strong frosts may well strike even in a relatively warm region.
It is better to grow this rose in a warm and dry climate, even hot. Such conditions and proper care will provide the plant with a remarkable immunity: the rose will not get sick at all.
Preparation of beds
Landing should include advance preparation of the pit. The depth of the pit is made about a meter, with a diameter of 65 cm. The following components are laid in the excavated cavity:
- humus - 1 part,
- river sand - 2 parts,
- garden / turf ground - 1 part.
Take the last component from the top layer of excavated soil.
It is recommended to add fertilizer to the soil mix:
- wood ash - a bucket
- mineral complex composition - 150 gr.
Use one of the fertilizer options, not both.
Loosen clay soil with sand and humus; compact the soil too loosely with sawdust and compost.
How to care
Consider the highlights of care for the rose of the type of claiming.
Sufficient moisture should be provided so that the plant does not suffer from drought. Watering should be strictly at the root. Moisture is undesirable on the crown, as under the influence of the bright sun from water droplets there are burns on the leaves.
Drying of the soil is important to prevent. Water is recommended to use warm or room temperature, despite the fact that the shrub grows outside. Cold water is harmful and can lead to rotting of the roots in cool weather.
Rose Iceberg feeds mainly on organic matter. Fertilizers are recommended on the principle of mulching, laying them in a small layer in a near-stem circle. Gradually, the mulch will decompose and nourish the plant. Organic fertilizers such as are well suited for fertilizing:
In the autumn, it is recommended to always renew the layer of mulch so that the roots of the rose are more comfortable in the cold.
At the beginning of summer, the rose is fed twice, using mineral complexes with nitrogen or ammonium nitrate. The purpose of these early feedings is the lush green of the shrub. Nettles can replace minerals (for 200 liters of water - 2 nettle buckets).
In winter, the plant requires shelter. The shoots of this rose are very flexible, so they can be easily pressed to the ground and attached. Above the design is covered with spruce branches or agrofibre, other materials. In the absence of anything more suitable, you can cover the rose and cardboard boxes. In the spring, as soon as the sun begins to noticeably warm, the shelter must be removed until the rose has burst.
The plant needs molding, because without it the shoots will grow chaotically, giving the rose a sloppy, unkempt appearance. The procedure is carried out in spring or autumn. Usually, when pruning, shoots older than three years are removed, because they are already in bloom. And the shoots that appeared last year are shortened by three buds: the measure helps the bush to bloom more magnificently.
Most often this plant suffers from black spot. The disease usually occurs due to the maintenance of the shrub in inappropriate conditions: during waterlogging, stagnation in the soil. However, it happens that a sapling is bought already infected, and in the process of growing the disease manifests itself.
A similar plant must be dug out and deposited away from other flowers. Then should be resuscitation antifungal measures. If measures of success are not given, it is better to destroy the infected shrub.
Gardeners: both beginners and professionals - speak of the Iceberg rose very well. This plant can be successfully cultivated even by a beginner florist. Flower lovers talk about the high survival rate of this bush and that it does not require constant attention to itself.
Some admiring reviews affect the beauty and lush flowering plants. Gardeners say amazing shrub showiness. Many people recommend this variety to others. There are no downsides: the Iceberg climbing grade surprisingly successfully combines unpretentiousness and outward decorativeness.
We got acquainted with the Iceberg rose - a magnificent climbing grade suitable for growing even by beginners. The variety is unpretentious and can grow successfully in a relatively cool climate. It is only necessary to remember about the mandatory winter shelter, sufficient moisture and other nursing nuances: then the Iceberg rose will delight with lush spectacular flowering every year.
Rosa Iceberg climbing: description and characteristics
Description Climbing roses Climber Iceberg is best to start, of course, with flowers. They have a classic white or cream color, the core is yellow. J red inflorescences change when the temperature drops outside, pink shades prevail on the petals. The surface is semi-double, the diameter of each flower is able to reach 9 cm, on each stalk 2-3 flowers form.
The bush is medium in size, the height can vary from 1 to 1.5 meters, the shoots are painted in a light green tone. It blooms long and almost continuously. The arrangement of the inflorescences is similar to the foliate varieties of roses. It is a prominent representative of Climbing Climbing Roses Subgroup. Every day this species is becoming increasingly popular.
Brief description of the plant:
Note! In the international registry, this variety belongs to the group floribunda, but at the same time it is successfully grown as a climbing, compactly growing culture.
Planting and care
Rose polyantovaya Iceberg will not delight flowering, if we ignore the rules of planting and caring for her. Instead, the plant will “delight” the owner only with its modest presence.
For roses, it is important that there is sunlight, as well as light, nutritious and drained soil, moderate humidity and protection from wind gusts.
Planting pit should be prepared in advance, digging up the soil to a depth of at least 0.4 meters, diameter about 65 cm. At the bottom of the pit, a soil mixture consisting of sand, rotted humus and sod soil is put. Also, the plant responds well to the introduction into the soil of a complex of mineral fertilizers and wood ash.
Clay soil is loosened using sand and humus, and sandy soil is drained and compost is added.
Important! Plant should be planted on a perfectly flat surface, not at the place of the depression. Otherwise, there will accumulate a large amount of water, which will lead to the defeat of fungal diseases and the decay of the root system.
Also on the quality of flowering affects the amount of sunlight and the presence of drafts. Duration of daylight should be at least 16 hours.
You can start planting soon after the onset of spring, when the soil warms up a little. The best time to land is April. A few hours before planting, the seedlings should be dipped in water, a growth-stimulating solution can be used. This greatly facilitates the adaptation of the plant and rooting in a new place. During planting, it is important to prune, remove excess shoots and roots, which are longer than 30 cm. A maximum of 4 shoots, the strongest and healthiest, should remain on the bush.
To grow beautiful roses, you must follow all the rules of agricultural technology. The peculiarity of the variety is that the root system of the bush must be equipped with a large number of small roots. Due to this, the absorption of the liquid by the plant from the soil increases. The pledge of lush flowering - regular and moderate watering, as well as the introduction of complex mineral and organic fertilizers.
- Watering. It is necessary to water the plant strictly under the root, water should not fall on the crown. Regular irrigation depends on weather conditions; it should not be allowed to dry out the soil. Adult bushes do not need as much attention as young ones.
- Fertilization. Organic fertilizer should be applied as mulch. The plant responds well to the introduction of ventilated peat into the soil, rotted humus and composts. In the fall, be sure to update the mulch, it will not only enrich the chemical composition of the soil, but also protect the plant from death in cold weather. At the beginning of the summer a complex of mineral fertilizers or ammonium nitrate is introduced (during budding and during flowering). Using folk recipes, you can apply nettle infusion.
- Crop. In the spring and in the autumn it is necessary to carry out cutting. If the plant is cut in the fall, then the procedure is not repeated in the spring, if necessary, cut off the damaged shoots. When pruning, you should gradually remove shoots older than three years. Last year's growths should be shortened by 2-3 buds.
- In humid climates, the plant undergoes the development of fungal diseases, so it is important to regularly conduct preventive irrigation using insecticidal or fungicidal solutions.
Advantages and disadvantages
Floribunda Rose Iceberg has become famous for its numerous advantageous features. The main ones are:
- Lush and long flowering. It can be used to decorate various elements, such as arches, single landings or fences, walls.
- The possibility of re-flowering. If you quickly and regularly remove fading buds, with the arrival of spring will be able to contemplate the attractive flowers again.
- The unusual structure of the flower, as well as an interesting color petals. Leaves have a light green glossy color, cupped shape, semi-double.
- During flowering a pleasant but weak aroma is emitted.
- Rapid expandability. For a short period of time is able to hide unsightly fragments.
- The variety is frost resistant.
- Average disease resistance. When grown in hot and dry climates, the plant is not affected.
Rose Climber Iceberg
Unfortunately, there are drawbacks. Consider them in more detail:
- Grows powerful and sprawling bush, which requires the construction of a solid support.
- When grown in a humid climate, the plant is affected by black spot.
- Flowers are not intended to be cut, they perform exclusively their decorative functions entirely with the bush.
Climbing Iceberg Climembing rose is a unique varietal variety that combines not only royal decorative qualities, but also relative unpretentiousness, in comparison with its relatives. Even a novice florist can grow it; it is enough just to get acquainted with the agrotechnical rules.
Rose Iceberg (Rose Iceberg)
Rose "Iceberg." Winter hardiness is average, for the winter it requires shelter and landing in a place protected from the winds.
Rose “Iceberg” requires fresh, fertile, well-drained soil and a protected landing site. Disease resistant. To obtain constant flowering, regular fertilizing with pruning of flowering inflorescences is necessary. If necessary, treatment of pests and diseases.
For planting pick a sunny place.
Rose "Iceberg" is suitable for single plantings, and for the rose garden at the rate of 4-5 pieces per square meter, well worth cutting.
The availability and prices of roses Iceberg (Rose Iceberg) can be viewed on our website on the page "Price List of Roses"
The possibility of buying this and other plants, you can see by going to the website of our online store Eco garden.
Rose "Iceberg" (Rose Iceberg) polyanth grade roses with white double flowers 3-5 cm in size with a strong aroma. The height of the bush from 70 to 150 cm. The leaves are glossy, light green. Blossom repeated from July to September. Buds long, pointed. The branches are erect. Rose bred in Germany in 1958.
Features rose iceberg, climbing rose iceberg
Climbing iceberg is one of the most popular and widespread varieties of roses in the world. This variety is classified as floribunda, however, in fact it is just a rose, resulting from the crossing of a hybrid tea and musky climbing rose. The plant is familiar to humanity for quite a long time. This variety was bred in Germany in 1958, after which it managed to conquer a large number of people around the world. Rose iceberg is a plant that is not designed for cutting, and for registration of the site. In Central Europe, this variety is used to design the entire landscape design.
What is the interest of iceberg?
Today, it is the iceberg variety that is most popular among rose lovers, as it has not only an excellent appearance, but is also notable for its aroma and nobility. In addition, it is precisely this variety that can be tracked quite easily on various structures.
Compared with this rose can not many plants, and that, except in color and duration of flowering. Iceberg is used in a variety of varieties to create the landscape design of any corner. In countries such as Britain and Australia, the rose has a name that means “strongly blooming rose”, as in these regions it can bloom all year and reach a height of about 2 meters. Iceberg climbing is often used to design various parks and squares.
Rose iceberg: variety description, cultivation
Rosa Iceberg - aka Schneevitchen - has been cultivated for over 40 years. The variety is bred by crossing a hybrid tea rose and curbing Hybrid Musk Roses. It is used in soliterny landings, mixborder and as a decorative hedge. The subspecies "climbing" Iceberg - Schneewalzer - is not limited in growth. It is used to create green arbors, decorating the walls of farm buildings, pergolas. Plant life is over 20 years.
Cultivation and care
Iceberg is a very decorative variety that blooms continuously for almost 6 months. in a year, and in a hot climate - all 12 months. Its flowers hold up to 1 week, fit for cutting, form powerful brushes of 3–15 pieces. and showered together. With age or in cool weather, if summer is rainy, snow-white flowers may become pink. The change is reversible.
How to care for Iceberg rose:
The variety is undemanding, quickly accepted and goes to growth. It is easy to grow. The only disadvantage of Iceberg is the complete absence of the smell of flowers.