Flowers are indispensable companions of our life. A large number of legends, songs, poems, paintings devoted to flowers. Without a riot of colors, shapes, and skillful fragrances, it is difficult to imagine our summer cottages.
Researchers work tirelessly to create new varieties, and flower shop shelves are full of sentimental goods.
Without flowers it is difficult to imagine any anniversary, wedding ceremony or celebration.
And perhaps there is not a single state on the earth’s continent that would not use flowers at solemn events.
Love of flowers
True love for garden, indoor flowers, their charm, impeccability, fragility put human society before the need to form a joint science the creation of living plants artistic creations. This direction is called floristics. When you visit a flower shop or admire photos of the works of popular florists, you can not but admire the flight of fantasy, the sophisticated and perfect taste of the experts in their field.
Many wonder how you can create a masterpiece from familiar plants. There is no doubt that the fact that in order to perform a magnificent flower arrangement, you need not only inspiration, but also the highly artistic talent of the florist. Here there are their own harsh laws, only a few dare deviate from them.
People who do not claim world fame, but who wish to collect bouquets in home situations, can master key rules of this art. They are elementary, and there are only seven of them. Having mastered easy instructions, you will begin to combine bouquet compositions with unprecedented ease:
- Design. Each artwork carries a semantic load. Flower arrangements are no exception. Like all real objects, they are spatial (they have height, depth and width). Before creating a design, a craftsman outlines in her imagination its projection (three-dimensional) and, proceeding from this, proceeds to create it.
- Golden Section ”This is the very“ section ”that is quite extensively applied in architecture, sculpture and painting. The bottom line is that the object (bouquet) is mentally divided into 8 equilibrium segments, of which 5 is the height of the bouquet, and 3 is a container or basket. This amendment is valid for both horizontal and vertical objects.
- Color spectrum. At the core of this rule is poise. A lot depends on it: what you create is a tasteless fake or exquisite chic. Without a doubt, the colors can spoil the composition or save.
- Rhythm. This method does not allow the work to look statically and is guided by a variety of colors of plants, their sizes and types.
- Accent. Each piece has a main point that attracts the eye. In floristics, it can be a flower, constituting a contrast with the central background, giving the opportunity for a long time to keep this work in memory.
- Balance. With the help of tone, you can give the bouquet a visual grace or heaviness. The lighter the flower is, the more it will appear in weight, by the look of it. Based on the contrast, we will mentally imagine a pyramid, at the base of which we will place darker and gorgeous flowers, and on top - light and insignificant.
- Harmony Without it, not a single stylish floral structure is defined. If the product cuts the eye with its colorful color and unreasonable choice of colors, then it will be inharmonious.
For the exact selection of colors combined among themselves, a familiar range of contrasts is taken: scarlet, orange, amber, emerald, ultramarine, turquoise, lilac.
Designers know what the color wheel is.. Contrasting colors are arranged through one sector of a circle, while disharmonious colors are revealed only in contiguity with each other. Neutral (intermediate) are white, green, gray. In each compositional structure are attached no more than three colors, not counting the intermediate.
If you are not very convinced that you will successfully select the colors in the composition, use an error-free variation - combining the shades of one color.
Following these easy rules, calling on the help of fiction, you can fully engage in interesting creative process. If this is hard work for you, then you should turn to professionals who can easily understand the language of contrasting colors and harmonious colors.
In fact, flowers accompany us all our lives: delight at birth, are comforted in old age, entertained during holidays, etc. In the bitter cold or in the hot summer, blooming in spring or golden autumn, in the service or at home, the flowers are really necessary, because without their beauty, life becomes dull and uninteresting.
But we often forget that giving flowers in such a way that a person feels necessary is real skill. Yes, in different epochs and among different peoples, this happened differently, but with one goal: to see how the face of a person illuminates with joy and its eyes sparkle.
Choice of colors
The question of how to choose exclusive flowers as a gift inevitably rises before us when we intend to present a bouquet. Usually we rely on the taste of sellers, appreciating the respectability of packaging material or an enormous abundance of flowers. For example, if you want to pay due attention to a person, then it makes sense to thoroughly prepare.
The central role in the preparation of bouquets, of course, is the tone of the flowers. In order to properly arrange them, you need to know which colors fit together most harmoniously.
For a long time symbolism of almost all indoor flowers has not changed. Let's take a closer look:
- Red - personifies love and loyalty.
- Yellowish - life, joy, pleasure.
- Blue - personifies melancholy, loyalty (blue flowers are usually given to those with whom you leave for a sufficiently long time).
- Orange - power, vanity, dignity (present a bouquet in such a key to the boss - the gift will be received favorably).
- Violet - embodies friendship and wealth (present to a friend).
- Bright yellow symbolizes treason and jealousy.
Hardly anyone can say with certainty that he knows all about flowers. This magic, created by nature itself, which pleases us not only with its beauty, but also teaches us to appreciate every moment of life.
What can flowers tell
Flower shops are full of different colors, and you can easily make a beautiful bouquet. However, many of us have long forgotten or have never heard of the language of flowers, losing a great chance to show their creative beginnings and originally tell their feelings to relatives, loved ones or secretly adored.
In the past, the language of flowers was extremely popular: with its help, whole messages were transmitted, for whatever reason, not having the opportunity to be voiced. And although now the “talking bouquet” is rare, some secret meanings of beautiful flowers have come down to us.
- Azalea speaks of restraint
- Amaranth personifies hopelessness,
- Amaryllis translates as “pride”,
- Anemones talk about renunciation or illness,
- Astra talks about the diversity of love,
- Pansies in the language of flowers promise fun and entertainment,
- Begonia bears a warning, asks to beware and be careful,
- Basil speaks of irreconcilable hatred and disgust,
- Pale yellow daffodils - sadness about rejected love,
- Cornflower - loyalty
- Verbena - sensitivity,
- Garden bindweed "translated" as "lovely, beauty,"
- Gardenia talks about secret love,
- Carnations: white - contempt, yellow - disappointment, rejection of feelings, red - passion, pink - feminine love,
- Dahlia will tell about the refinement of taste,
- Geranium - worship,
- Gerbera - will give a secret
- Gladiolus - sincerity and honesty,
- Hyacinths: white - charm, blue - accord, yellow - jealousy, pink - a play of feelings,
- Iris - friendship
- Cactus - perseverance and dedication,
- The bells say, "I think of you,"
- Crocus - joy and affection,
- White lily - purity of intentions,
- Yellow lily is a lie
- Forget-me-not true love
- Any orange flowers - wish happiness every day,
- Orchid - zeal,
- Sunflower - sincerity, high feelings,
- Roses: without thorns - love at first sight, white - innocence and purity, yellow - friendship, scarlet - all-consuming passion, pink - courtesy,
- Tulips: yellow - hopeless love, red - "I love you",
- Chrysanthemums: white - says about the veracity, yellow - rejected love, red - a declaration of love.
You can find out if you are compatible with your loved one by quickly calculating astrocompatibility from Zodiac Signs. We wish you mutual love and beautiful flowers. Be happy and do not forget to press buttons and
Sometimes it is interesting to try to express feelings of recognition, sympathy, friendship, loyalty, love in the old language of flowers.
Depending on the color and number of flowers you can make a real letter.
Number of colors
Each flower and its color has its own meaning. Likewise, the number of flowers in a bouquet speaks volumes. Give one, three or five, only not two or four. Odd number of flowers gives a bouquet of positive vitality and harmony. In the language of colors and numbers has a secret meaning. So be attentive ...
1 flower - You are all that I have!
3 flowers - I want to go with you to the ends of the earth.
5 flowers - I love you!
7 flowers - traditionally presented on the day of betrothal.
9 flowers - I respect you as a friend.
10 flowers - I want to do something for you.
11 flowers - You are my friend.
12 flowers - It is difficult for us, but I think everything will be fine.
13 flowers - I hate and despise you!
14 flowers - You are all that I have!
15 flowers - You deserve my thanks and respect.
Color + flower =.
Different flowers of a certain color — yellow, blue, pink — have their meanings.
And a bouquet of yellow tulips can be much more eloquent than you.
The overall color of the entire bouquet
White flower means innocence,
yellow - gives rise to love
pink means love
bright red - passionate love,
blue - loyalty
purple or purple - peace and trust,
black color - death wish.
Clover - Think of me!
Chrysanthemum - I am unhappy!
Lily - Clean, tender.
Carnation - Innocence.
Daisy - Be true to me!
Rose - We are equal with you!
lilac - Innocence of youth.
Tulip - I don't love you anymore!
Chrysanthemum - I offer you my hand and heart!
violet - You are my earthly happiness.
Rose - Disappearing love, jealousy, infidelity
Tulip - I love you!
carnation - I wish you!
Chrysanthemum - I love you!
Carnation - Pure love.
rose - I am thirsting for you the most!
Tulip - I see you in a dream!
poppy - You are my loss ...
Iris - I respect you!
violet - I am faithful to you ...
Purple Lilac - I so want your caress!
Black Tulip - I want to die with you!
Tell me everything, bouquet!
Any attitude can be expressed through fragile flowers. Of course, even experts have different opinions about the "true meaning" of flowers. Although all flowers express attention and love, there are more traditional meanings of some of them, sometimes several. Encryption and decryption can be controversial. And therefore, before assuming the exact value, look at everything carefully, maybe something is lost between the lines, in the sense - between colors.
Azalea - take care of yourself for me, restraint, short passion, the Chinese symbol of femininity.
Alpine Rose - Be attentive!
Amazon lily - Love is dangerous!
Amaryllis - pride, pastoral poetry.
Anemone - I'm leaving you!
Pansies - Your innocence won me over.
Astra is a symbol of love and refinement.
Begonia - Watch out for love!
White Daisy - Do not try my patience.
Water Lily - The feelings in my soul are raging.
Gardenia - You are beautiful, secret love! or - I'm lucky!
Carnation (in general) - charm, female love.
Carnation (white) - sweet and beautiful, innocence, pure love, a gift of female luck.
Pink (yellow) - failure or you disappoint me.
Carnation (red) - admiration or My heart hurts you!
Carnation (purple) - inconstancy, capriciousness.
Carnation (pink) - I will never forget you.
Carnation (solid color) - yes!
Carnation (striped) - no, failure or - Unfortunately, I can not be with you, though, and I want this.
Garden carnation - female love.
Geranium - stupidity, stupidity.
Hyacinth (in general) - swiftness, a flower dedicated to Apollo.
Hyacinth (white) - The beauty, I will pray for you.
Hyacinth (yellow) - jealousy.
Hyacinth (red or pink) - You play with me!
Hyacinth (purple) - I'm sorry, forgive me.
Hyacinth (blue) - constancy.
Gladiolus - Give me the opportunity, I am sincere.
Gloxinia - love at first sight.
Hortensia - Thank you for your understanding.
Decembrist - Reduce my suffering!
Christmas tree and pine - Hope for change.
Iris is a symbol of France, your friendship means a lot to me, faith, hope, wisdom and courage, my compliments or - I'll be back!
Cactus - constancy or heat.
Camellia (red) - You are the flame in my heart!
Camellia (white) - You are amazing!
Camellia (pink) - I wish you passionately.
Bell - humility.
Crocus - sociability.
Lily of the valley - freshness, tears of the virgin Mary, a return to happiness, humility or - You are decorating my life!
Lily (white) - innocence, purity, greatness or delightful to be with you!
Lily (yellow) - fake and dissolute.
Lily (Kala) - Your beauty drives me crazy!
Mack (in general) - eternal sleep, oblivion, imagination.
Poppy (white) - consolation.
Mack (yellow) - wealth, success.
Mack (red) - pleasure.
Daisy - innocence, true love or - I will never tell about my feelings!
Mint - warm feelings.
Narcissus - love me, reciprocal love, desire, sympathy, desire for reciprocal love.
Nasturtium - conquest, victory.
Forget-me-not - true love, memories or - Do not forget me!
Marigold - cruelty, grief, jealousy.
Orchids - love, beauty, refinement, beautiful lady, the Chinese symbol of large families or You are beautiful!
Flowers for bouquets
The popular colors used in bouquets include the following:
- Rose - the personification of love.
- Peony - a sign of wealth.
- Calla - the embodiment of balance and beauty.
- Lotus - expresses health, happiness.
- Lily is a nobility.
- Tulips - wealth.
- Irises represent peace and wisdom.
- Lavender - shows admiration.
Color names are often associated with people. A narcissist is often called a narcissus. Rose describes all the beautiful features of a girl or woman. Such a connection in the titles and description appeared from ancient times along with legends and tales.
The variety of types gives the chance to collect flower compositions for every taste, volume and color. Before drawing up the original bouquet, consider to whom and for what purpose it will be intended.
Gallery: compositions from different types (25 photos)
In drawing up the bouquet composition, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
- Magnitude. Pay great attention to size, your bouquet will have to keep it for an hour or more.
- Fading You should not experiment and make a bouquet, if you are not sure of the viability of the flower. Quickly impatient representatives spoil the whole solemnity of the event.
- Refrain from very smelling species. People react differently to smells. Intense aromas cause headaches, can serve as an allergen.
- Harmonious ratio of bouquet and external accessories. Bows, ribbons and other elements should not overload the composition.
Gladiolus is the most popular flower. He does not need to be filled, and it is difficult for him to find a proper environment. It is enough to add a green sprig of fern or asparagus. Lifespan determines the number of blossoming buds. Florists recommend pruning when a couple of lower flowers have opened.
To help longer stand in a vase and bloom to the last inflorescence, a crushed aspirin tablet or 1 tbsp is added to water per liter. l vinegar 70%. May come to the rescue of citric acid (0.4 gr.), A teaspoon of salt, 20 gr. sugar, ammonia or camphor alcohol 2-3 drops. Put something one of the above.
Astra - an option for all occasions. Very beautiful bouquets attract their brightness and efficiency. To create an interesting combination, consider several types, a branch of greenery will give greater brightness.
Choose inflorescences without damage and signs of withering in this case, aster will long please the eye. Remove the lower leaves, wrap sections with a damp cloth, wrap in thick paper to avoid direct sunlight and drafts. In this form, she will calmly transfer the transfer from the cottage to the house.
A very elegant bouquet is obtained from chrysanthemums. Colors allow you to arrange original bouquets. They are easily combined with many colors. Country representatives have small inflorescences, but there are many of them, and one twig makes up a whole bunch. It must be remembered that the chrysanthemum is cut off completely blossoming, the unopened buds then do not open. Стоит хризантема довольно долго, любит прохладу и сбрызгивания холодной водой.
Многие считают, что самые красивые букеты цветов те, в которых есть розы. Принято дарить нежные розы девушкам и более насыщенные красные и бордовые зрелым женщинам. Rose - Queen of the flower kingdom, loves leadership. The combination with a rose can withstand many flowers. Mixed compositions look spectacular, but they will be less durable. Caring for cut roses does not require special preparation. It is necessary to remove thorns and leaves from the bottom. At night, it is desirable to put in the bathroom with fresh water. To preserve the appearance of the vase add something one of the list:
- Aspirin tablet (pre-grinding).
- Lemon juice about 10 drops.
- Vodka - 1 tsp.
- Vinegar 2 tablespoons + sugar 3 teaspoons (2 liters of water).
Summer flies very quickly, and for many people in Russia, with the end of the summer, a big holiday for schoolchildren comes on September 1st. Without special skills to collect the most beautiful bouquet of a first grader is not difficult. Roses, chrysanthemums, asters, tulips, gladioli are permanent residents of many summer cottages because of their qualities.
Where did the tradition to give flowers come from?
Our ancestors, observing nature, noticed the healing properties of plants. After a successful hunt, men brought not only prey to the family hearth, but also leaves, stalks, and pollen of medicinal plants.
Women dried flowers and herbs in the sun and prepared potions. Flowers were also the first decorations for the home and jewelry. That is why women love to receive flowers from men as a gift.
How did the language of flowers?
The language of flowers was born in the East, where women were forbidden to communicate with men. Communication often took place with the help of colors that were given different shades of feelings and moods. All was important - the number of flowers in the bouquet, in the right or left hand he held them giving, when they brought flowers, whether the bouquet was decorated with leaves and whether the thorns were removed from the rose, etc.
At the same time, in a kind of “flower correspondence,” bouquets were received by both women and men. This tradition through travelers notes spread in Europe.
Flower dictionaries were published throughout the XVIII century, telling about the value of a particular plant. The language of flowers was very popular in France and in England since the time of Queen Victoria.
In 1830, the book Selam *, or the Language of Flowers, was published in Petersburg by the Russian poet D.P. Chicken beak, where about 400 plant values were described. In general, symbols and meanings of colors displayed common associations, often contrived and fictional.
When choosing a bouquet, it should be remembered that in different traditions and cultures the same flower can mean opposite things. And even in Russia, in various sources one can find one's own interpretation of the meaning of one or another flower.
What flowers are suitable for relatives, acquaintances and colleagues?
- Flowers for girls: Lily of the valley, lavender, orchid, red rose.
- Flowers for spouse: gerbera, bell, pelargonium, red rose, aster.
- Flowers for girlfriend: iris, chrysanthemum, chamomile.
- Flowers for mom: carnation, marigold, tulip, sunflower.
- Flowers for sister: Alstroemeria, Adonis, Daisies.
- Flowers for Grandma: yellow tulip, white rose, violet.
- Flowers for the mother-in-law: lotus, yellow rose, epigay, olive.
- Flowers for colleagues: Clover, white jasmine, Grand Prix rose, buttercup, magnolia.
What colors can you declare in love?
- Aconite - this flower can express gratitude and invite for a date
- Pansies - serve as a declaration of love.
- White acacia - a symbol of pure and radiant love.
- Gardenia - for the timid and timid. Expresses hidden, secret love.
- Dahlias - a sign of sad, unrequited love.
- Gloxinia - love at first sight.
- Lilac - give a sign of first love.
- Tulip - a symbol of pure love, great happiness.
- Mimosa - the person is careful and hides his feelings
- How to make a compliment with a bouquet of flowers?
- Hyacinths, carnations, chrysanthemums - give a married woman to emphasize respect for her.
- Calla - worship.
- Daisies - give as a compliment to young, unmarried girls.
- Lily, camellia - speaks of admiring the beauty of a woman.
- Lavender - "I will never forget you," "No one will replace you."
- Azalea - a symbol of femininity, fragility, meekness, restraint, devotion, but at the same time - passion and sadness. It is customary to give azaleas before unwanted separation. Before a long road, it is also customary to present a bouquet with a predominance of red.
What flowers express negative emotions?
- Aconite, begonia - warning about enemies or enviers.
- Narcissus - hints that a person is too narcissistic and selfish.
- Petunia - expresses irritation and indignation.
- Marigolds and marigolds - Talk about jealousy.
- Sunflower - a symbol of arrogance, false.
How to choose the color of flowers?
There are customs and prejudices regarding the coloring of the petals. At the time of Catherine II, the Registry of Flowers was created, where red meant love, green meant hope, blue meant loyalty, black meant sadness, yellow meant betrayal. Although in reality yellow is the color of the sun, the color of heat, intelligence.
- Yellow - color treason or parting. According to legend, red roses exposed the unfaithful wife of one sultan, yellowed right in her hands. Now the "ban" on the yellow is removed, and you can give these flowers in any situations.
- White color - the most universal color of flowers. Symbolizes purity and sincere intentions. White flowers can be combined with any shades in the composition.
- Pink color usually associated with youth and modesty.
- Red color among all nations is considered the color of love and passion. In the bouquet, it goes well with white, yellow.
What does the color of roses mean?
- Red roses - have always been and will be a permanent symbol of love.
- Burgundy roses - like scarlet, they mean an ardent feeling of being in love.
- Pink roses - are a symbol of elegance and sophistication.
You can express your gratitude by giving a gift of bright pink or cherry roses. At the same time, you can express a feeling of sympathy by presenting gently pink flowers of unopened roses.
- Yellow roses - mean care.
- Cream roses - this is a manifestation of modesty, friendly feelings, gratitude.
- Green roses - abundance and generosity. Expressing love with the help of green roses is impossible, but they can tell about jealousy.
- Black roses - It happened in history, are the emblem of sadness and a symbol of death.
- Blue roses (blue) - give people mysterious and inaccessible.
All light roses can give each other friends without any special connotations, because they are a symbol of friendship.
What does the number of flowers in a bouquet mean?
It is believed that the number of flowers in a bouquet has a certain meaning:
- Single flower - this is a sign of attention.
- Three - respect.
- Five - recognition.
- Seven - love.
- 1 flower - You're all that I have!
- 3 flowers - I want to go with you to the ends of the world.
- 5 flowers - I love you!
- 7 flowers - Traditionally presented on the day of the betrothal.
- 9 flowers - I respect you as a friend.
- 10 flowers - I want to do something for you.
- 11 flowers - You are my friend.
- 12 flowers - It is difficult for us, but I think everything will be fine.
- 13 flowers - I hate and despise you!
- 14 flowers - You're all that I have!
- 15 flowers “You deserve my thanks and respect.”
There is no exact number of death. Therefore, an even number of flowers in a bouquet has the same rights as odd.
What does the color combination in the bouquet mean?
The values of color combinations are not always made up of the sum of the values of each flower.
- Chrysanthemum + orchids - give a person with whom he recently met, and this acquaintance was extremely pleasant
- White roses + red roses - united in one bouquet, flowers mean harmonious love and unity of two lovers. If a bouquet of red and white roses is beautifully decorated, then it will make it clear to the addressee, who does not even understand the symbolic language of flowers, what you would like him to say.
- Burgundy rose petals + violet / lavender - Bouquets talk about the charm of the addressee, but they do not mean a strong and lasting feeling.
- Red rose + pink rose + white iris - declaration of love in the language of flowers
- Hydrangea + Yellow Carnation - such a bouquet says that the addressee fell out of love or lost confidence in him.