Ipomeyu sweet potato can rightly be called a universal plant. Its beautiful leaves in the shape of a heart or splayed blades have a variety of colors, and the climbing sprouts grow in lush vine to a length of 5 m and braid everything around. Ipomoea blooms are no less spectacular when in the middle of summer blue, blue, purple or purple funnel-shaped buds bloom among the foliage. However, in addition to the decorative appearance, the flower also has a culinary value - most varieties are edible and in many countries, the tubers, leaves and shoots are eaten.
In the expanses of our country, the flower is most often grown for decorative purposes, both as a garden and indoor plants. Planting and caring for ipomoea yam is not troublesome, because it is also inconsequential and grows well with minimal care.
The morning glory Batat belongs to the family of convolvulata, as well as the usual garden ipomoea, however, between plants there are a number of differences. Our heroine is one of the most important foods for most peoples of Central America, and not only roots, but even young leaves and stems are suitable for food. Herbaceous and undersized culture. Each plant reaches about 30 cm in height. But the yam is actively expanding in breadth - each bush can spread 1.5-2m. The culture forms gramophone flowers of white, pink or light lilac color. But in the Russian realities it will not be possible to admire the color of this ipomoea - modern varieties are cultivated mainly for the purpose of obtaining a crop, and decorative effect is achieved through beautiful leaves. The latter are large, and depending on the variety, they can be painted in a variety of colors - from bright lettuce to purple and violet.
Planting a plant
Ipomoea Batat feels equally good both in open sunny areas and in partial shade. It is possible to plant plants on an open bed from the moment when the danger of night frosts has finally passed - in the Central Belt such a period begins at the end of May. As for the soil, it should be moderately moist, slightly acidic and well pass moisture and air.
The culture is characterized by active growth, therefore it is often used as a decorative groundcover. Another cultivation option - indoor, in hanging pots - then the spurs of the morning glory beautifully hang down, forming an attractive decorative composition. In order for the plant to form a fluffy folded cap, it needs regular pinching.
Like any culture, Ipomoea Batat requires care, and you need to remember certain features of agricultural technology for this plant:
- stick to regular watering - for ipomoea is equally harmful as a dry earthy clod, and too moist. Therefore, the plant should be watered regularly, but moderately,
- wintering - in open conditions, the plant will not survive the winter. With the arrival of autumn, move the pot of ipomoea to a room where there is enough light and heat - the air temperature should be at the level of 20-25 degrees,
- spring care. At the end of the cold, carefully inspect the plant, if some shoots are stretched, cut them, giving the bush a neat appearance (by the way, such shoots can be used for grafting)
- Regular pruning - do not forget to remove those shoots that look weak, dried or sick.
Ipomeyat yam can be propagated in several ways:
- to grow from the root - the process of growing is very similar to working with ordinary potatoes: as soon as the sprouts begin to appear on the tubers, plant them in the ground,
- root the stalk - this method is the main in the reproduction of decorative ipomoea. The cuttings collected from the shoots are rooted in water for several days, after which they are transferred to the ground.
Diseases and pests
Given the sensitivity of the culture to excess moisture, it may suffer from a fungal infection. Often the minimum manipulation is enough - just remove the damaged shoots, and cut the sections with any fungicide. Another thing, if the plants show signs of root rot, then you have to get rid of all the bushes without exception, destroying them along with the roots.
Sometimes gardeners notice that disgusting white blisters appear on the leaves of the yam. Immediately reduce watering - this happens when the plant suffers from excess moisture and low temperatures. As a rule, such a nuisance often overtakes that ipomoea, which grows in indoor conditions or protected ground.
Well, as without insects. Of the pests, the main danger for the sweet potato is the common aphid and notorious spider mite. And if you can defeat aphids with soapy water, then the spider mite will have to be fought with insecticides.
Decorative sweet potatoes are dearly loved by gardeners for their decorativeness and versatility: compositions of the multicolored varieties of the Ipomoea itself or combinations with other garden cultures look really amazing.
Beautiful tandem creates ipomoea varieties of sweet potatoes with green chlorophytum, pink petunia, or even cereal crops. We are sure that fantasy will surely tell you the most successful combination.
In the world there are about seven thousand varieties, which are divided into three groups: vegetable, dessert, fodder. A large number of varieties grown in open soil. But there are varieties that can be grown indoors. Provided that the room will be well ventilated or the flower in the warm season will be taken out on the balcony. We list the most popular varieties in Russia:
- Margaret - It has large light green leaves heart-shaped.
- Kumara Red - A very lush bush with large leaves, loves sunshine, so it is recommended to place it only in a very bright room.
- Burgundy - It is decorated with large and beautiful leaves, and inflorescences exude a very pleasant aroma.
- Purple - Its almost emerald leaves are fairly resistant to almost all diseases and insect pests.
Conditions of detention
In most cases, ipomoea is grown in open ground. But the landing site is selected windless and well lit. But in the shade it is undesirable to plant. As a rule, it is planted in the spring, immediately after the frost has passed.
In the fall, it dries naturally, as it is one-year old. But if it belongs to perennial varieties, then in early September, before the cold comes, it must be transplanted into a pot and transferred to a warm room, cutting off the top.
In the premises of the Ipomoea grows like a perennial plant. True, it differs from other household flowers in that it sheds leaves every winter. This happens only with a strong decrease in the air temperature in the room. In dwellings, a pot or pots with this decorative ipomoei are best placed as close as possible to the window. The main thing that there was no drafts, but the air was ventilated.
In a specialized store for growing room Ipomoea, you can buy a standard land for flower plants, and you can make the mixture yourself. To do this, neutral soil from the street must be disinfected in any way, then mixed with humus, adding superphosphate and potash fertilizers. If ordinary soil is too acidic, then it is mixed with ash or lime. And in five days already add fertilizer.
The main thing is that the soil was very lush. Although, if you do not bother with the composition of the soil, the yam will still grow, but not so magnificently as we would like without inflorescences. It is advisable to deposit potassium once a year; it is best to do this in August and early September. You can feed it with ashes; for this, a glass of ash is diluted in a ten-liter bucket of water. Mix well and water a little.
This indoor flower is ideal for busy or forgetful owners, as it does not need to be watered often. On the contrary, Ipomoea yam is afraid of overflow. Frequent watering is required only in the first few weeks of life. If the flower is on the balcony, it is rarely watered during the rainy season.
And during the dry summer it is watered once or twice a week, feeling the soil in advance. If it is wet at a depth of one centimeter, then watering is not required. Since August, watering is reduced to once a week.
If on its gorgeous leaves noticed small blisters of a light color, then watering is stopped until these blisters pass. This is a reaction of the plant to an excess of moisture. It is best to water with a pallet, from where, through the drainage holes, the plant itself will take as much moisture as it needs. Spraying is better not to do, but only once every three months to wipe his leaves from the accumulated dust.
This heat-loving flower can easily die during sudden frosts. Therefore, it is carried out to the balcony only after the temperature of air above +20 ° C has been kept outside for several days. The same applies to the landing in open ground.
This is the easiest and easiest way that even a beginner florist can handle. A small shoot is cut from the flower, planted in clean water at room temperature. They are waiting for the roots to grow from the shoot. If the edge is rotten, it is slightly cut off and put back into the water, which is replaced with clean.
As soon as the small roots have grown, the shoots are transplanted into a pot with fertilized soil. The first month it is watered abundantly, then the frequency of watering is reduced to one to two times a week.
Tuber ipomoeae is popularly called sweet potato because of their similar taste. In addition to starch, it contains many useful elements for humans:
Tubers can be boiled, baked, consumed raw. It is ideal for dietary meals due to its low calorie content and a huge amount of vitamins. If it is used often, then the body will increase resistance to almost all diseases. And it also helps to fight cancer cells in the body, for this tubers need to be used almost every day.
Its useful properties:
- Excretion of cholesterol.
- Improvement of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Strengthen the nervous system.
- Building muscle.
- Enhance female libido.
Description and types of plants
Ipomoea height is 30 centimeters, and the width can reach two meters. Shoots can hang from the basket or curl along the support built next to the plant. They also spread well on the ground.
Ipomoea sweet potato has a funnel-shaped flowers of white, pink or lilac color. Flowers look spectacular.
Most types of sweet potatoes are grown because of the decorative leaves, because they do not bloom, but there are plant species that are brightly and continuously blooming.
Ipomoea has large leaves that are 15 centimeters in diameter. Leaves grow on elongated petioles. Depending on the species, the leaves of the yam may be green, light green, yellow.
The following decorative varieties of Ipomoea sweet potatoes are known:
- the Ligth Green variety has palmate-lobed and bright-green leaves,
- the variety “Sweet Caroline Purple” leaves are toothed, five-lobed, purple-violet,
- Sweet Heart Red has maple leaves divided into lobes. The color of young leaves is brown, and older ones are greenish-purple.
Ipomea Cairo has 5 meter shoots, abundant bloom of blue flowers. When budding occurs, the vines are densely covered with inflorescences, which creates a solid carpet of delicate petals.
At the annual ipomoea Purple pubescent stem, 8 meter stems, which grow oval foliage. The plant blooms with flowers of blue, pale pink, red, purple or white. Sometimes in the gardens you can see the purple ipomoea terry.
In Ipomoea Nile the length of the shoots is only 3 meters. The plant blooms with blue, pink, lilac flowers. It blooms from mid-summer to October.
Annual tricolor ipomoea in length can reach 5 meters. Heart-shaped leaves and 8 cm buds grow on the branches. At the beginning of flowering plant blooms in shades of blue, which are closer to the period of flowering repainted in pink. It blooms from mid-summer to the onset of the first frost.
Why is it better to grow ipomeyu yam
Garden amateurs appreciate the Ypomoea yam, as it withstands the lack of moisture in the soil, is not afraid of the attack of the Colorado potato beetle, and also withstands the attack of other pests.
The amount of the crop always exceeds the amount of seed. With minimal use of material, in a short period of time you can harvest a good harvest.
Sometimes potatoes are replaced with yams. But, in the time of wintering it should be protected from frost. It is best to ensure a temperature of 10 - 16 degrees heat in the storage room of the sweet potato.
Features of planting ipomoea yam
Ipomoea on the balcony is grown from seed. Planting material of plant possesses good germination for four years. Seeds must first be stratified or stay in warm water for a day. If after 24 hours the seed is not swollen, you need to pierce the outer shell with a needle and re-send for a day in warm water.
Planting Ipomoea yam from seeds is carried out as follows:
- Seeds are sown in the ground at the end of May. The soil for the plant must be selected taking into account the variety of Ipomoea. For example, some varieties grow better on the ground mixed with fine fraction expanded clay. The second varieties are better planted on soil with leaf humus, in which peat, vermiculite and coconut fibers are added.
- Spread the prepared soil mixture into small containers, in which seeds are sown in three pieces. Put the cups in a warm place and cover them with a film to create a greenhouse effect. It is important to ensure that the soil does not dry out, so seedlings should be watered regularly.
- Seedlings are also important to air. Sprouts are grown at a temperature of not more than 20 degrees. If you properly care for the seeds sown, after 10 days will appear the first shoots.
- In June, young seedlings grown from seed, transplanted into the open ground.
- Dig small holes at a distance of 20 centimeters from each other. Make a frame over the flower bed to support future vines.
- Plant one seedling in each hole, sprinkle with earth and water.
Sometimes gardeners at the end of May sow the seeds of the culture directly in open ground, without first growing seedlings. It is important to plant the plants in illuminated and cozy places, on slightly acidic, well-drained soil.
Features care for sweet potatoes
Care for ipomoea is to comply with the following points:
- it is important to moderately and regularly water the plants. But we must remember that the culture does not tolerate excessive moisture. From May to August, watering ipomoea is recommended often,
- if the plant grows in tubs, it should be brought to the illuminated room with air temperature above 20 degrees for wintering,
- after hibernation, the sprung shoots in spring are carefully trimmed to give the plant a beautiful look. If necessary, cutting is carried out for future plantings,
- It is important during the entire period of growing the Ipomoea to prune weak, sick and dry shoots.
If the yam will winter in the street, it is necessary to make pruning in September.
Pest and disease protection
With excessive watering and wetting of the soil, the roots of a plant can be damaged by a fungal disease. To get rid of the fungus, remove the affected roots and process the soil with a fungicide.
If the plant has suffered from root or soft rot, or from a viral disease, you need to destroy all the plants of the Ipomoea, along with the roots.
With strong watering and low air temperature, white leaves may appear on the leaves of the plant. To avoid this phenomenon, plant yams in well-lit areas and properly care for them.
Ipomoea may be affected by aphids or spider mite attacks. Aphids can be removed with a soapy solution, and mites can be removed with plain cold water. If the pests severely damaged the plants, they are treated with special insecticides.
It reproduces ipomoea from tubers or by grafting. In the first method in the fall, dig up the tubers and place in a cool place. At the beginning of winter buds will appear on them. Plant tubers in glasses with soil. In spring, sprouted shoots, along with the roots, are carefully separated and planted in open ground. If you properly care for the sweet potato, 20 plants can be grown from 1 tuber.
When grafting, in February, cut the cuttings with two internodes on each of the grown shoots and place them in the water. In five days they will take root. Then the cuttings are planted in wet soil. Often gardeners reproduce yams from seed and seedlings.
Ipomoea is often used in cooking. The leaves and stems have a sour taste, but they are rich in vitamins and minerals. Так как сок растения слегка горчит, прежде чем добавить батат в салат, 30 секунд подержите его в горячей воде, а затем сполосните в холодной.
- In the composition of the Ipomoea yam is calcium, folic acid, beta-carotene, vitamin C, with its regular use, you can prevent the development of colds.
- In cosmetology, the plant is used due to its rejuvenating effect. As the production of collagen increases, which do not allow the skin to wither.
- If you constantly eat yams, you can lower the level of cholesterol in the blood, improve the cardiovascular system, and alleviate the condition of diabetes.
- Experts recommend eating sweet potatoes for beautiful skin, relieve inflammation, fatigue, irritation, relaxation of the muscular system.
Application in landscape design
By planting different varieties of Ipomoea nearby, you can create a bright composition in a flowerbed. The culture is often planted near pink petunia, chlorophytum, cereals, and delicate lobularia.
Now you know how the planting and care of the sweet potato condition is carried out, what types of culture are. If you plant on one site several varieties of plants, you can create a harmonious composition to decorate the area near the house.
To date, this plant culture is beginning to grow exactly in the form of indoor plantsit is also customary to plant gardens and gardens. Ipomoea creepers are capable of forming dense and shady canopies above special gazebos, they will help to decorate well any fences, walls in buildings and fences. The color range of inflorescences is represented by various colors: blue, blue, white, purple and violet..
The plant begins to actively bloom in mid-summer and continues to delight those around you before the start of frost. Since the tropical climate zone is considered to be the birthplace of this culture, it is necessary to choose a plot on the territory of the garden for it: a high luminance indicator, a warm, not blown by drafts. Ipomoea can grow in a little shaded, but the colors of the inflorescences will not be so bright, and the inflorescences themselves will become much smaller.
The main feature of the culture is that it is not able to begin flowering under the bright and direct rays of the sun. The inflorescences begin to open in the morning, and with the transition of the sun to the zenith, they are actively curled into tubules. If it is overcast, the flowers can be open right until late in the evening.
What are the varieties of Ypomoea sweet potatoes?
Of all the variety of this plant Only 25 varieties are actively grown in our country. It is worth focusing on those cultures that are used in landscape design most often.
- Ipomoea Cairo - its homeland can be called Asian countries, as well as Australia. The length of the shoots in this culture reaches 5 meters, flowering is characterized by abundance. The hue of the buds is mostly blue. During the budding of the vines, the plants begin to densely cover with inflorescences, thereby creating the appearance of a whole carpet of delicate petals.
- Ipomoea purpurea - This is a flower annual, which includes a down stem. The branches of the plant can reach a length of up to 8 meters. The foliage of the plant is smooth and oval. Buds of this culture often have a large variety of shades. Among them you can find blue, red, purple, pale pink, and white shades. There are also terry species of Ipomoea purpurea. The place of growth of culture is the zone of the tropics in America.
- Ipomoea Nil - This is a vine, shoots which can reach three meters in length. Its inflorescences are painted in blue, pink, red and lilac color, the diameter of flowers can be up to 10 centimeters. The flowering time of culture lasts from July to October.
- Ipomoea tricolor We came from the American tropics. It can be attributed to the perennial culture, but in our country it grows as an annual. The length of the shoots from the culture is 4–5 centimeters. The branch area is covered with large heart-shaped leaves, the diameter of the buds can reach up to 10 centimeters. At the beginning of the flowering period, the buds have a blue tint, but in the process of flowering they become pinkish. Budding time lasts from the beginning of June to the beginning of frosts.
- Ipomoea ivy-type sweet potato - It includes shoots reaching 2–3 meters. Its large leaves are more similar in shape to ivy leaves, which is why this culture was given this name. The flower of culture can reach five centimeters in diameter. In most cases, the colors of flowers are white with an unusual edging, but some varieties are colored in pink, burgundy or red.
- Ipomoea flowers also spread from us from the territories of America. Its stems grow to a height of 3 meters, they are often covered with large and heart-shaped foliage, as well as large white inflorescences, the total diameter of which is 10 centimeters. The flowering time of the plant begins in July and lasts until October.
The process of sowing seeds Ipomoea yam
- The most common way of propagating a crop is sowing seeds as seedlings. Germination of material for planting in a culture is not bad and may be about 4 years. Grains should be sown in the second decade of May, but before that it is necessary to grind them or put them in warm water for 24 hours. If in one day the seeds are not swollen, then their outer shell should be pierced with a needle and placed in warm water.
- The choice of substrate for planting a flower will depend on the specific type of culture. For example, African varieties of yam prefer a primer designed for succulent flowers, in which it is worth adding fine fraction expanded clay. American plant species need a change of soil, they should be sown in a mixture of peat, leaf humus, coke fiber and vermiculite.
- After preparing the soil, it should be distributed in small individual pots, which should be planted in 2-3 pieces of plants. Pots should be placed in a warm place and covered with a special plastic film or glass, thus creating greenhouse conditions. Over time, the soil should be watered, without letting it dry out excessively. Seedlings also should be ventilated, raising the glass, or removing the protective film. The optimal temperature for the growth and development of the sprout should remain at around 18–20 degrees Celsius. After 12 days, sprouts should be nailed to the ground surface.
Planting seedlings culture
Young plant It should be transplanted in the open ground in the early days of the summer seasonwhen it is already possible not to fear the onset of cooling and low temperatures. Choosing a suitable place for planting in the garden, it is worth digging small holes in the ground at a certain distance from each other of 20 centimeters. Above the flowerbed is to build a special frame that will be a good support for future vines. Such a design can be made of metal or wooden rods, as well as a simple stretched fishing line.
Sometimes planting Ipomoea sweet potatoes should be made immediately into open ground, without starting to grow a plant in a glass. This procedure should be carried out at the end of May, while compulsorily choosing a well-lit place for the culture, where no drafts will pass. The soil should be prepared slightly acidic, and the plant should provide good drainage.
Process care culture
Rules of care for culture do not carry anything complicated and include the following actions:
- Ipomee should provide regular watering of moderate type. Culture simply does not tolerate high levels of water content, but overdrying the ground is also prohibited. In the first half of summer, watering should occur more abundantly and frequently. With the advent of September, the culture should be moistened with quality after the soil dries.
- In the process of active formation and growth of the plant it is necessary to feed it with the help of special fertilizers. The first time for this is to use ammonium nitrate, and in the second feeding should contain a complex mineral composition. It is necessary to take into account the fact that nitrogen fertilizers should not be too much during the budding process, otherwise the plant will begin to form a large amount of green mass, and the quality of the flower development process will be low.
- From time to time it is worth removing dead, diseased and weak shoots from the shrub. Pruning should take place in September with the plant falling into rest. In springtime Ipomoea is also worth trimming, giving it an attractive appearance, using a thinning procedure.
Ipomoea yam can be exposed to a large number of diseases. The most common of these can be called the defeat of a plant by a fungus, sometimes diseases of viruses, and also physiological diseases — white edema.
In most cases, fungi are transmitted to healthy crops through the soil surface, and flowers that suffer from excessive moisture are included in a particular risk group. Sometimes, in order to eliminate the disease, the florist simply cuts the infected part of the plant and treats the wound with a fungicide. Some types of fungal diseases, for example, root or soft rot, are not treated in this way. In this situation, the affected area should be disposed of as soon as possible.
Viral diseases are also not amenable to treatment. Sick plants should be burned so that they do not get infected with healthy ones. White edema on the plant's territory develops when the culture begins to be actively grown in greenhouse conditions and suffers because of high humidity together with low temperature. The disease manifests itself in the form of white blisters on the territory of the leaves, which actively lead to the death of the plant. To prevent such a disease is possible if you follow all the necessary rules for growing a flower.
Ipomoea yam may be attacked by spider mites or aphids. Aphids should be removed from the plant with the help of a self-made soap solution, and you can get rid of the tick using cold water. If the problem has a very advanced stage, then it is best to start using insecticides.
Since it is customary to grow a plant in the form of an annual plant on the territory of our country, it is not necessary to provide high-quality wintering for it. The plant after the flowering process should be simply cut off, remove the excess root, and dig the soil again. For the new year, seeds should be sown again. It must be said that the ipomoea is able to multiply well by self-sowing, so that it can spread itself along the flowerbed.
Application of Ipomoea yam in design
Since Ipomoea is represented by a large number of varieties that have many shades, varieties of varieties can be combined with each other in completely different ways, creating unusual compositions.
Ipomoea is able to look good together with petunia, purslane, lobularia, and also chlorophytum. It should be planted together with cereals, for example, barley and grass. Vegetable Ipomoean varieties have a well-developed root system that can be used as food.. Ornamental species also possess tubers, but much smaller.
Reproduction by grafting
In February, when the shoots on the tubers are fully grown, they should be cut off and placed in water. After a few days, when the first roots develop, they can be planted in the ground.
Culture tubers contain a large number of useful trace elements that make them most beneficial to the human body. The tuber includes the following substances: phosphorus, iron, carbohydrates and proteins, thiamine, potassium, vitamins from groups A, C, as well as a large number of other substances.
Starch in culture is also used in medicine. They can qualitatively cure diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract, increase the overall level of immunity, improve overall health. And the presence of ascorbic acid will allow the human body to fight cancer cells. Also included in the plant vitamin b6which helps with the disease of the vascular system.
With extreme caution should be used inside this plant for those who are sick with gastritis, gastric ulcer, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
Ipomoea Batat, or Sweet Potato is from Colombia and belongs to the tuberous climbing plants. Externally, it is a climbing climber, which reaches a length of 5 meters.
The leaves are small, heart-shaped. Coloring leaves can be different colors: from light green to dark burgundy.
The color of the fruit is yellow, pink or purple. It blooms in midsummer with white, pink and purple inflorescences.
Varieties for growing on the balcony
It has more than 7,000 varieties. They, in turn, are divided into three large groups:
Basically, they are all cultivated in the open field, but they emit some varieties that suitable for domestic or indoor growing.
These include the following:
- Kumara red - This plant variety is very picky about light and heat. It is possible to grow it at home with an additional light source. The plant is large, has voluminous and lush leaves. Tubers of an oval form, yellow color.
- Burgundy - refers to the early varieties. It has large leaves and inflorescences with a pleasant aroma. Fruits are saturated red.
- Purple - Another early variety that can be grown at home. It is resistant to diseases and pests. It has a powerful bush with dark green leaves.
The main advantages of the flower
The plant fell in love with gardeners for many reasons. The main advantages of Batom Ipomea are considered to be that it is well used in landscape design and able to decorate any area.
In addition, the plant is unpretentious and requires a minimum of care. The versatility of the plant and its application not only for decorative purposes, but also in cooking and medicine also makes it popular.
Landing rules Ipomoea yam
Ipomea seed Bat seedlings are planted in the beds after the outdoor temperature is set within 20 degreesand the soil is not lower 15 degrees.
The soil composition should be sandy or loamy, with a low content of acidity, although it can grow in any areas.
Soil for the flower should be prepared in advance, preferably in the fall. They dig up the soil and then add humus to it. You can also make potash and superphosphate fertilizers. If the soil is on a plot with high acidity, it is lime for several days before fertilization.
How to plant in open ground
Planted in open ground already prepared seedlings. To do this, dig shallow pits, up to 15 centimeters. The distance between them is left not less than 30 centimeters. Seedlings are dug so that a pair of lower internodes are in the ground.
For the seedlings to start faster and with better quality, it is necessary to remove all the leaves, leaving only 1-2 upper ones.
Planted plants are compacted in the ground, watered and covered with cans or plastic transparent containers to form new leaves.
Top dressing and fertilizer
In the period of the formation of tubers, Batat needs fertilizers, as a rule, this is August. The composition of the feeding at this time must include potassium. Ideal as a fertilizer to use wood ash.
To prepare the solution yourself, you need the following components:
- A glass of ash.
- 10 liters of distilled water.
Use in floriculture and cooking
Ipomeia has been used in floriculture recently, but over the years it has already proven itself well among gardeners. Cultures of different varieties grouped on one site. Put in pots and hanging pots on terraces and arbors. The flower is well combined with Petunias, cereals and chlorophytums.
Vegetable varieties are widely used in cooking. They taste resemble potatoes. Tubers of a plant are dug out on fall and stored in a cool place. They can be fried, boiled, some varieties are consumed raw. In addition, the tubers can be preserved for the winter.
Thus, Ipomoea Batat is used not only as an ornamental plant, but also as an edible culture. They are decorated with houses, city beds and window sills.