Healthy and strong seedlings - the key to a good harvest. Growing seedlings of vegetables, berries or flowers is easier if you follow the rules of care for young plants. Reliable help to the gardener will be peat tablets, which are used as a primer. In these compressed “washers” there is everything necessary for the growth and health of the seedlings, you just need to choose the right pills and use them correctly.
What are peat tablets
For rooting and full growth of plants need a special composition of the soil. Peat tablets for seedlings contain the entire list of useful substances. The name of the “pill” is due to the shape of the peat substrate - a low cylinder or a washer. For its manufacture, a mixture of peat, humus, nutrients, growth stimulants, and antibacterial components is placed in a nonwoven fabric. The "bag" is impregnated with fungicides that prevent the growth of mold fungi. Peat billet pressed and slightly dried.
Tablets are used for rooting cuttings, they fertilize adult plants. During transplantation of a tree or a bush, 1-3 washers of peat mixture are put into the hole, then poured with water. To get rid of possible harmful microorganisms that had settled on a peat billet, it was poured with a solution of potassium permanganate for 10 minutes. This way you can avoid the diseases of particularly capricious seedlings.
The advantages of peat tablets
Such seedlings for growing seedlings are chosen by many gardeners. The advantages of this type of substrate mass:
- High breathability. Good aeration or free access of oxygen is a necessary element in the rapid development of the root system.
- Moisture permeability Peat perfectly passes water and regulates moisture, which does not allow the roots to rot, because the tablet contains antibacterial components.
- There is no need to dive seedlings - each bush grows in its own space.
- Elastic sheath Conveniently, the peat mixture is in the “bag” - mesh or cellulose casing. This material helps the content to keep the shape with increasing diameter, not to creep away. Seedlings can be transported, the root system will remain intact. In this case, the shell dissolves with time, so the roots do not have to be bare during transplantation.
- The composition has components that regulate the acid-base balance of humus, as well as the nutrients necessary for reliable germination of seeds. At the start of germination, seedlings do not require additional feeding, and this guarantees the absence of burns of the roots.
- Convenience in work. Pressed cylinders do not stain hands, peat does not wake up during manipulations.
- No shelf life. Unused peat washers in a dry dark place are stored for a long time.
The disadvantages of peat tablets
A lot of advantages of pressed peat cylinders are compensated by some disadvantages. The following disadvantages are noted:
- The cost of peat tablets is higher than the usual substrate. If we are talking about large volumes of seedlings, this minus is critical.
- They require regular moistening - peat belongs to fast-drying substrates.
- Cylinders occupy a large area, which is always in short supply when growing seedlings.
- The peat substrate is easy to re-moisten, then it is covered with a bloom of green algae - chlorella, resembling moss.
Preparation for use
To plant seeds or seedlings, tablets must be prepared. Step-by-step instructions on the use of peat in the shell:
- Place the washers in the container so that there is free space. Suitable pan for baking or moisture-proof container made of plastic, foam, stainless steel.
- Each cylinder has a recess that should be on top.
- Fill container with distilled water for 15-20 minutes. During this time, the tablets will slightly increase in diameter, grow up by 6-8 times. To accelerate swelling, water heated to 25 degrees is used.
- Watch the water level - if it is too much, the pills will float, and the peat will be leached. If the washers have grown a little, and the container is dry, add liquid.
- After the contents swell, squeeze the bag with peat, removing excess moisture. Otherwise, the seeds will not germinate, and the surface will be covered with moss.
After the tablets are swollen, they need to be placed in a container where the seedlings will grow. You can use a cake box or a transparent container with a lid in which the cakes were sold. This will create a microclimate conducive to seed germination:
- In each pill directly in the recess in the center you can put only one seed, regardless of its size.
- Large seeds slightly deepen, small lay a toothpick. The depth of the bookmark is 1-2 seed length. Strawberry seeds are left on the surface, otherwise they will not germinate.
- Moisten tablets, cover with a transparent lid, film or glass and put a mini-greenhouse in a warm place.
What are peat tablets?
The composition is selected so as to best promote the germination of seeds and forcing out seedlings: peat mixture gives food antibacterial supplements do not allow mold and fungi to develop, minerals stimulate growth. Outside, the tablet is placed in a fine-mesh mesh, which does not allow the ground to crumble.
At the top of the tablet there is a recess for planting seeds. Preparation of peat tablets for use is very simple - you just need to fill them with warm water and let them swell.
For growing different seedlings, you can pick up tablets of different diameters. For seedlings of cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, large tablets are better suited; for flowers, such as, for example, petunias, smaller tablets.
In addition, when buying pills, you can choose peat tablets with the necessary level of acidity for growing different crops (for example, vegetables need a neutral environment, flowers are more acidic).
How to prepare tablets for use
To sow seeds, tablets must be prepared for use.
For this you will need:
- plastic tray or mini greenhouse with a transparent lid,
- a watering can for flowers or a container for spraying flowers with a spray,
- water is room temperature or slightly warmer than room temperature.
First, we place the required number of tablets into the pan or greenhouse, pour water to the bottom of the selected container, so that the water jet absorbs the tablets, but does not deform them. Wait a little while the added water is absorbed into the peat, then add more liquid.
On average, it takes from 20 to 30 minutes to soak peat tablets with water. As a result, the tablet washer turns into a wet cylinder about 8 cm high.
Lovers growing seedlings through peat tablets know that there are several options for their placement:
- in rows, one after the other or close (in pallets),
- in seedling cassettes,
- in a layer of sand in low boxes,
- in special mini-greenhouses with a transparent plastic cover with holes for air.
Growing seedlings in tablets
Growing seedlings in peat tablets has some peculiarities in contrast to growing in the usual way.
First of all, the tablets are suitable for planting seedlings of those crops that are difficult to grow in boxes, capricious to the neighborhood or expensive seeds.
When planting, it is important to remember the rule: embed seeds to a depth not exceeding twice the size of the seed itself. After planting, the container with the tablets is placed in a warm place, but not near the radiator.
Until the moment when shoots will be seen, it is possible to open the container for half an hour or an hour a day, for airing, to monitor the level of moisture, without allowing disintegration.
Water is added by pouring it to the bottom of the pill container. In this case, the required amount of water is absorbed into the peat, and the excess is drained (For this purpose, holes are made in the bottom of the pill container and placed in the pan.).
After the emergence of shoots, it is necessary to arrange airing more often, and care is carried out according to the requirements of a particular culture. If the technique of growing seedlings requires picks, you can transplant the seedlings into the ground without removing them from the pill.
Add fertilizers and growth stimulants when growing seedlings in tablets is only after two to three weeks after germination. Before that, the plants will have enough of those substances that are added to the tablets during their production. For making dressings they are dissolved in water for irrigation. You can spray the seedlings from the spray gun on top, trying not to damage the plants.
After the seedlings have grown up, peat tablets can be planted in pots with soil, and if necessary, hardening can be carried out, bringing to fresh air (for example, on the balcony).
Otherwise, growing seedlings of vegetable and flower crops is similar to the traditional method (in boxes, pots).
Planted seedlings in the ground with a tablet, while the mesh is not necessary to remove.
Peat seedling tablets: what is it, how to use
Their appearance is a round and flat cylinders, similar to large pills or washers brown-gray, sometimes brown. Actually, for this resemblance adaptation and got the name peat tablets. Peat tablets differ in size, composition, shell (presence or absence), other additional components.
Tofia tablets are round flat washers with a recess for the seed on one side, sometimes coated with a nonwoven mesh shell.
Peat tablets are excellent in diameter and height. These figures range from 24–90 mm in diameter, and 8–30 mm in height. Such a difference in size helps to make the best choice of pills for planting seeds of a certain horticultural crop on seedlings. For example, for small seeds it is necessary to choose medium-sized tablets. And to obtain seedlings from large seeds will be required peat tablet with large sizes.
The size of the peat tablet can vary considerably, making it possible for the gardener to make the best choice.
The composition of peat tablets is a pressed peat substrate, to which mineral fertilizers, growth stimulants and antibacterial components are added. In aggregate, such a composition provides the optimal environment for seed germination due to good water permeability and easy air exchange between peat particles. Minerals help the development and growth of plants, antibacterial elements protect against the development of diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms.
An important indicator is the pH composition of peat tablets, since the peat substrate used for their production may have different acidity, ranging from 5.4 to 6.2. Typically, manufacturers indicate information about this indicator on the packaging of the goods.
Different levels of acidity allows the use of peat tablets for a wide range of crops. For example, for vegetables it is desirable to use peat tablets with a neutral pH-medium, and for flowers - sour.
Sometimes on peat tablets there is a shell in the form of a thin net of nonwoven material, which protects the tablet from spilling during the swelling of the tablet and the growth of the roots of the plant. In addition, the shell is sometimes impregnated with a solution of a fungicide, which protects the seedlings of seedlings from fungal diseases. Some gardeners free the pill from the shell before use, which is not necessary.
A pod helps keep the tablet in shape and protects the delicate roots of the plant.
The advantages of the method
- Simplify the work on planting seeds. Landing in the peat tablet is reduced to the accurate placement of the seed in a swollen tablet. Thus, the efforts of the gardener and the time spent on the planting process are saved, and work on the preparation of the soil for planting is also excluded. Convenient use of tablets for planting seeds of very small size, for example, petunias.
- Space saving. This is especially true in urban apartments. Instead of massive and bulky boxes of soil for seedlings - small and lightweight pallets with pills.
- Less chance of seedling disease due to antibacterial and antifungal supplements in the composition of the tablets.
- Optimum water regime and the possibility of its regulation.
- With this method of planting, it is not necessary to dive the seedlings, which greatly increases the survival rate of seedlings.
- No need to use growth stimulants and fertilizers, since they already exist in the composition of the peat tablet (however, the composition of the tablets should be specified upon purchase, as it differs from different manufacturers).
- Good air permeability of the substrate contributes to aeration of the roots.
- Convenience when transplanting seedlings to a place of constant growth: you can plant along with a tablet without damaging the roots.
The disadvantages of the method
- The high price of peat tablets. This is not a problem when buying tablets for planting a small amount of seedlings, but during production plantings this method is sometimes unprofitable.
- A thorough and constant moisture test of tablets, as peat is a fast-drying substrate.
What plants can be grown with peat tablets
This method of growing seedlings can be called universal - it is suitable for all types of garden plants. Most often, tablets are used when planting very small or tug-like ones, as well as for granulated seeds. They are ideal for those cultures whose seedlings are characterized by weak and tender shoots that are easily damaged (for example, petunia, lobelia). It is convenient to use peat tablets even when the plant does not tolerate transplanting or picking (escholcium).
Small seeds of petunia gave friendly and strong shoots
Rules for the use of peat tablets
Before planting the seeds, the pills are positioned so that it is convenient to water, carry, care for the seedlings that have appeared. For this, peat tablets are placed on trays or pallets, sometimes placed in plastic cups or ordinary pots. There are also special mini-greenhouses (mini-greenhouses), made specifically for growing seedlings in peat tablets.
Such capacity creates a favorable microclimate, allowing each tablet to remain in its place.
Tablets need to be carefully decomposed in the selected container. On one side of the tablet there is a special groove for the seed of the plant. This recess should be on the top side of the tablet. Before sowing seeds, tablets are poured with warm water (36–40 degrees Celsius), after which they quickly swell and increase in size, absorbing moisture. The shell does not allow the tablet to expand, so only its height changes. After 15–20 minutes after watering, if there is excess water in the pan, it must be drained. Thus, an almost perfect medium for sowing seeds is ready. It remains only to put the seed in a special groove and sprinkle with a layer of peat 1–2 mm thick.
It is important when planting seeds to use the rule: the depth of planting should not exceed twice the size of the seed itself.
As with other methods of obtaining seedlings, it will be better if the container with tablets is covered with glass or plastic film to create a greenhouse effect. The place where the container is located with the seeds sown should be warm and bright, without drafts. Seeds and grown shoots need to be periodically ventilated, removing the film, glass or cover from the tank.
Care for grown seedlings
Caring for seedlings grown in peat tablets is not much different from caring for seedlings grown in the usual way. First of all, it is necessary to carefully monitor the moisture content of the substrate - peat tablets are prone to rapid drying. Watering the seedlings is carried out by spraying (when tender and weak shoots have just appeared), moistening the substrate from above. When the seedlings grow up and get stronger, then water them, pouring water into a tray with pills. This method is convenient in that the plants with the help of the roots take as much moisture as it needs. Overflowing with this watering is impossible.
Grown up seedlings can be considered ready to transplant from the moment when the roots completely entangle the peat tablet and begin to shine through the shell. Planting seedlings in a pot or a box with soil or in open ground depends on the climatic conditions of the region and the type of cultivated plant.
The roots that surround the pill are visible
Transplanting seedlings is not difficult: you just need to place the seedling in the soil to the desired depth and cover it with earth. Sampling of seedlings grown in this way is not required. Do not delay the time of transplantation, otherwise the roots of the plants in the tablets standing next to each other can grow together. In this case, it will be difficult to plant tender sprouts without damaging the tangled roots. Whether it is necessary to remove the shell of the tablet, each gardener decides for himself. It does not matter, because the roots germinate well through it. But the damage during removal of those roots that have already begun to sprout through the shell, it is likely.
How to choose a peat tablet
Продаются торфяные таблетки в магазинах и торговых центрах, реализующих товары для садоводства и огородничества. Peat tablets appeared on sale and in online stores, which is very convenient: it is easy to see the characteristics of the product and make a choice without leaving home. The range of peat tablets is varied. In order not to get lost in it and get a good result when using tablets, it is enough to observe the following rules:
- To study the structure of the pill, namely what fractions it consists of. Small pieces of peat in a tablet would be preferable to large ones, since the large fraction is worse than passing water and air. This, in turn, leads to a slower development of the roots of the plant, to excessive moisture and rotting of the root.
- To pay attention to the acidity of the peat tablet and to make a choice in accordance with the types of plants for the cultivation of which these tablets will be intended.
- Select the diameter of the peat tablet in accordance with the seed size of the grown crop.
- It is advisable to choose tablets with a shell that allows the tablet to keep its shape.
Since its inception, peat tablets have proven to be one of the easiest and most reliable methods of growing seedlings. Most amateurs and professionals in gardening have already appreciated the convenience of their use. By observing the above recommendations for choosing peat tablets, planting and caring for seedlings, each gardener can grow a great crop.
Peat tablets can be divided according to the composition of their ingredients, also by their size.
The composition of peat tablets may include the following substances:
- growth stimulants
- immunity stimulants
- means to fight fungal and bacterial infections
Their diameter can vary from 24 to 90 mm, and the thickness in compressed form can be from 8 to 30 mm. It should be understood that the smaller the diameter of the tablet, the less it contains nutrients.
Different pill sizes
For example, for growing plants, such as tomato, which are planted in the ground already in adult form, the use of small-diameter tablets is not enough. For such plants, tablets with a diameter of at least 40 mm are used. While for seedlings of many annual flowers, tablets of minimum diameter are used. In general, the choice of pills for a particular plant depends not only on its type, but also on the planned dates of cultivation.
Coconut peat counterparts "circles"
Preferably the use of tablets, the production of which was used mesh. She is not only able to keep the mixture after it reacts with water, but often it is she who is a barrier to negative invasions - the mesh is impregnated with fungicides or antiviral and antibacterial drugs.
In addition to universal tablets, there are also highly specialized products created for various plants.. They may differ, for example, by different degrees of peat hardness, different dressings and so on.
The simplest box for growing seedlings in peat containers for 12 seats
However, it would be a delusion to believe that tablets are sold exclusively by themselves, without any specialized means for planting with them.
There are a number of special devices designed to organize the cultivation of seedlings with peat tablets.. The most popular now are specialized boxes for seedlings and mini-greenhouses for “tablet” cultivation.
Mini-greenhouse for seedlings grown with the use of tablets
The use of such tools greatly simplifies the work of the gardener and gives him the opportunity to get rid of the mass of routine work associated with growing seedlings. Fixtures can be more complex. Most often, they consist of special transparent covers that can be closed both hermetically and using special vents.
Advantages and disadvantages
Peat tablets open up wide opportunities for gardeners to grow seedlings and greatly simplify this process.
- There are no restrictions on the use of pills. Since almost all types of seedlings use soils containing peat, the use of peat briquettes will not cause any undesirable reactions in plants.
- With the help of tablets you can germinate small seeds. A huge amount of both garden and ornamental plants is desirable to grow in fine soils because of the size of their seeds. The fraction of peat in the tablets is quite small, so for such purposes it fits perfectly. In addition, there are cultures with small seeds that need to be planted on the surface of the soil, without deepening them at all. On a fully peat substrate, this is best done. In addition, an increased concentration of nutrients in peat is a guarantee of a high percentage of seed germination.
- The seeds of some crops can be either expensive or difficult to obtain. Therefore, to ensure their germination it is better to use exactly the peat soil.
- No problems with picking for crops with either a weak root system or poorly tolerated transplants. The use of tablets allows an operation to transfer the seedlings to the ground without any injuries to the root system.
- They are well rooted leaf and stem cuttings. It is much more convenient, faster and more reliable than using a water solution with nutrients for rooting cuttings.
- Containers with pills take up much less space than boxes of seedlings. At the same time, the amount of nutrients necessary for plant growth is even greater in them than in any soil mixture.
- Significantly reduced costs of time and materials for the preparation of planting soil. In addition, the probability of carrying any pollution into the room where the soil mixture is being prepared is reduced to almost zero. This is especially true in terms of apartments.
- The seedling with this method is provided with a sufficient amount of air for the root system.
- For seedlings grown in this way, there is no need for any feedings or fertilizer. All the necessary nutrients are already contained in the substrate.
- The root system of seedlings using peat substrate is much less susceptible to rotting. The reason for this lies in the fact that peat does not absorb excess water. It can be said that the moisture control of the substrate is carried out by itself. With this method, the seedlings are guaranteed protected from such problems as, for example, root rot and black leg.
- The shelf life of peat tablets is practically unlimited.
- Apply a similar method of sprouting seedlings can even beginner gardener or gardener.
- High price. For the mass cultivation of cheap crops their use is impractical.
- Peat tablets dry relatively quickly. Which implies a constant control of the degree of their moisture and fairly frequent watering.
It is obvious that the positive aspects of using peat tablets are more than cover the possible disadvantages. In cases where a seedling material is of value to a gardener, their use is not only justified, but necessary. The use of these tools can significantly ease the work of the gardener and make his work more pleasant and fruitful.
Consider how to grow seedlings using peat "houses":
When growing, the seedlings almost always require high humidity and temperature conditions, so a mini-greenhouse must be used with the peat tablets
Typically, tablets are placed in a greenhouse with the side for seeds (the one on which the groove is located) up. If there is no special capacity, as a mini-greenhouse, you can use any nearby similar design, for example, a plastic box from the cake. The main requirement for it is height, since it is necessary to take into account that peat tablets increase several times when swelling, well, one should not forget that there will be seedlings on them.
Homemade mini greenhouse from a packing box for a cake with the possibility of ventilation and watering
It is possible and the individual location of the tablets, that is, each in its own capacity. It is necessary to ensure that each of the tanks had a cover. In extreme cases, several layers of polyethylene film can be used as a cover.
Place the tablets in the mini-greenhouse should be such that there is no free space. This will not allow swollen peat lumps to move around the surface of the mini-greenhouse or even fall on its side, injuring the seedlings during random shocks and shifts of the entire structure.
Using a plastic container for food
In some cases, when the degree of filling of greenhouse with pills is insufficient, it is recommended to fill the space between them with some kind of filler, for example, sand or perlite.. It is desirable to decontaminate the sand.
After this, the tablets are poured with warm, preferably pre-settled water. Sometimes it is possible to additionally add potassium permanganate to the water at the tip of the knife - this will allow to disinfect both the soil and the mini-greenhouse.
If you are not sure that additional fertilizers, drugs and stimulants are in the pills, adding them now is the time. It is possible after the tablets are filled with water and began to swell, add additional components to each of them. It can be fungicides, fertilizers, antiseptics, a mixture of "Baikal" and so on.
It is best to pour water not directly into the tablets, but past them, to the bottom of the container. Moreover, one should not pour all the water at once - tablets are lighter than water and, not having time to absorb it, they can float up. However, they can move, roll over, unevenly swell, and so on. In general, in this case, the structure of the greenhouse will be broken. Therefore, several water additions should be carried out as the tablets swell.
Watering the tray
In addition, it should be noted that the lower the liquid temperature, the longer the pills will swell. The average time for tablets to reach the “working” height of 6-8 cm is about 5 minutes at a water temperature of about + 25 ° C. After about 15–20 minutes, the peat will be soaked with liquid evenly and it will be possible to start planting seeds.
If there is some liquid left at the bottom of the greenhouse (about 1-3 mm), you should not worry too much, it will be completely absorbed into the substrate within the next hours.. If there is more water, it is recommended to remove its residues. In this case, of course, tilt or turn the mini-greenhouse entirely should not be. The remaining liquid is removed with a cloth or sponge.
Seedlings can be planted in swollen tablets immediatelyor you can postpone the landing at any time convenient for you - even swollen tablets will not deteriorate. The main thing - do not forget to moisten them again before planting seeds.
Planting seeds is necessary in well moistened peat tablets.. It is best to immerse all seeds in peat to a depth of 1.5 to 2 sizes of the seed itself. Seeds that are recommended to be germinated on the surface can be left on top, or you can sprinkle them with a layer of minimum thickness. In extreme cases, which seeds are simply pressed into the peat.
Seed sowing process
It is recommended to sow small seeds with a small stick, such as a toothpick. Seeds are previously poured on a paper of a contrasting color, from which they will be placed in peat tablets with the help of a wetted stick. Depending on how much the stick is immersed in the seeds, you can adjust their number when planting. If the seeds are large enough, they can be safely planted with your fingers.
Sowing seeds with a toothpick
After all the seeds are set in swollen tablets and covered with a layer of soil, the greenhouse is covered with a lid and transferred to a warm place.. The greenhouse must be ventilated in accordance with the type of seedlings grown.
Peat tablets: secrets and nuances
Peat tablets: how to use, a mini-greenhouse device for seedlings (20 Photos & Videos) + Reviews
The use of peat tablets for growing seedlings is currently gaining popularity. This is due to a significant reduction in time to work with seedlings, as well as improving seed germination and improving the quality of seedlings. In the case of a small amount of planting material or its high cost, the use of such a planting method is often the only acceptable way to grow seedlings. Feedback from our readers is very important to us. If you do not agree with these estimates, leave your rating in the comments with the arguments of your choice. Thank you for your participation. Your opinion will be useful to other users.
What peat tablets to choose
The first thing that a gardener has to face is the purchase of the pills themselves. You can not read the composition, because it is almost the same for all manufacturers and rarely differs. These are peat, fungicides and fertilizers.
It is important for you to choose the diameter of the tablet. They are from 2 to 7 cm in size. And here the main thing is not to be mistaken. It all depends on exactly what is supposed to grow. For example, the seven for petunias is too big, and the two will be close for a tomato.
Some gardeners, looking at the pills, think: "Bah, yes they are moldy!". This is mistake. The whitish bloom on the outside, like a mycelium or cobweb, is nothing but a forming mesh. Without it, the tablet will simply fall apart when wet. By the way, some manufacturers sin by the absence of such a grid. In principle, its presence is not at all necessary if you have a plate of exactly the size of an individual tablet. Peat is not going anywhere. But then when transplanting, in any case, the seedlings will have to disturb the root system. It is logical to assume that why then spend money on buying a pill, if you can just pour peat into a container and plant seeds.
Therefore, in the store, be sure to choose those manufacturers who do not skimp on the forming grid. By the way, in the ground it does not decompose. But at the same time, the roots do not harm and do not interfere. Therefore, before transplanting the grid, you can not remove from the pill, but only incise with one hand. In the fall, when harvesting plant residues, pull the stem out of the soil and discard it along with the net. It's simple.
10/25/2018 admin Comments No Comments
Large selection is presented for easy cultivation and simple care of crops with the help of various soils, fertilizers and everything that is so necessary to achieve a high yield, but among the choice of interest and peat tablets. All those gardeners who have already used peat washers now cannot do without them.
Peat seedling tablets: how to use
The development of new products is presented for the application of novices or professionals. The direct appointment was the cultivation of plants, the germination of seeds of greenery and the rooting of cuttings. Sometimes these pressed briquettes are used for indoor plants as the main soil. Peat is almost ready humus, consisting of rotted mosses and other marsh plants with the full composition of fertilizers laid down by nature. They began to produce them not so long ago, but have already proven themselves in the market.
Peat washers include dry composition, pressed together with additives of antibacterial properties, growth stimulant and mineral fertilizers. In its form, the products resemble a flattened circle or a pill, from which this name later appeared. The pressed composition is packed in a special mesh that will not allow it to crumble in use. Some gardeners remove the mesh for better development of the root system of seedlings, but in fact it does not interfere at all, and the roots germinate well through the net.
Peat tablets for growing seedlings
The composition of the tablet is selected in the best way so that the seeds germinate, and the plants themselves feel comfortable.
- Peat mixture feeds the plant.
- Antibacterial substances inhibit the development of fungi, mold.
- Mineral supplements accelerate the growth of seedlings.
What are the sizes of peat and how to choose?
Let out their various diameter from 24 mm. to 90mm, and their thickness reaches from 8mm. up to 30mm. Peat made in 33mm diameter suitable for large and small seeds. Root crops, growing in a washer, need further and final transplanting into the street soil. Such a method is good in that it does not require further thinning or picking with at least not germinated seeds than when sown directly in open ground. One should take into account the time of sowing and planting of germinated root crops in open ground, and this is not earlier than the beginning of May. A diameter of 41 or 44 mm tablets is suitable for vegetable plants that are planted in open ground by adults like peppers and tomatoes, eggplants and cucumbers or others. Saturated soil nutrients will help the rapid germination and growth of plants.
Sizes of peat tablets
Нет специального ухода, а требуется только регулярный полив рассады.
- Нужно учесть, что чем меньше диаметр таблетки, тем меньше запас питательных элементов для развития растения, поэтому необходимо будет подкормить растение.
- Choose the diameter of the tablet should be from the seed of the plant and its type. Large peppers and other vegetables will do, and smaller petunias will do.
- The best choice of pills will be with a mesh, they will not only keep the mixture after soaking with water, but also prevent some plant diseases because it is saturated with fungicides. With a lower cost, a tablet without such a shell, after preparing for sowing, turns into a lump, so this option requires a capacity for its size.
- When choosing and buying peat tablets should pay attention to their structure. Some of the manufacturers fill the washers with too coarse peat mixture, and such a structure will have a small air permeability and therefore, the roots of the plants will develop poorly.
Choose the diameter of the tablet should be from the seed of the plant and its type
For the manufacture of tablets, the manufacturer uses peat of different fractions and acidity, which necessarily indicates on the packaging. It is necessary to clarify the desired environment for cuttings or seeds of plants, what kind of soil for them is preferably acidic or slightly acidic. If you do not pay attention to this, then as a result, ornamental crops, for example in acid peat, will greatly slow down their growth and development, up to the death of seeds or seedlings. Therefore, you should not buy tablets in bulk without proper information on the composition, and to obtain an effective result, tablets should be purchased with the packaging and all the specified characteristics on it.
How to use peat?
In the center of each washer there is a small indentation; it is the exact place to place the seed. The ease and friability of the substrate provides the roots with air exchange and water permeability. The development of cultures provide supplements in the form of mineral fertilizers.
Planting seeds in peat tablets
For sowing, peat is first prepared, they are placed in an in-depth box or other container, for example, disposable cups. Then it is necessary to pour lukewarm water at room temperature in a small amount into a container with peat, getting water on each tablet when watering. Leave everything for a while, and after it will be possible to see how much the turf has literally increased 7 times. The mesh fixes the shape in a swelled and pressed state. After half an hour, they will take the form of an elongated cylinder and reach their size, and at the end of the reincarnation procedure you should drain the remaining water from the tank.
Peat can be placed in each individual and suitable capacity, and if there are mini-greenhouses, then this will be ideal for plants. Russian manufacturers do not always use the grid to maintain the molding, then the capacity will definitely come in handy.
The use of peat tablets
In the peat there are all the necessary substances for the proper development of the plant, so additional fertilizing of seedlings will be needed, only after two weeks as two true leaves grow.
Care for seedlings in peat tablets
The maintenance of seedlings consists in that the substrate does not dry out and the seedlings do not die if it is located without a greenhouse. Especially on sunny days it is necessary to follow the ground, it tends to dry out faster than usual. Moisturize cultures in simple ways possible:
- Spray the peat from the spray gun, if the shoots are not yet visible or the seedlings are not strong.
- It is very convenient to grow those species that do not tolerate transplantation or too small seeds of culture and they are sown on the surface. In order not to damage the fastidious plants, even by irrigation it is convenient to use a pan, pouring water into it, thereby moistening the substrate.
You need to make sure that the substrate does not dry out and the seedlings do not die.
If the plant has a delicate and fragile root system, and it has difficulty in sprouting through an obstacle, then you should help the plant and independently break through the little net.
When the weather sets and the seedlings will be sufficiently grown, it will be time to land on the beds. It will be easy and quick to plant the seedlings together with the cylinder, and the net after getting into the ground there will completely dissolve after a while.
Planting seedlings produced with the cylinder
The advantages of peat
- Best for a good result, small or expensive seeds, because the nutritional composition will provide the highest percentage of germination and plant development.
- An excellent condition for growing plants with a fragile and weak root system, because the mixture is airy, crumbly and does not injure the roots of the plants during transplantation.
- The moisture content of the mixture is controlled in a natural way, which does not lead to rotting of the roots of the plant.
- It is not necessary to feed the seedlings early, because the peat already contains nutrients necessary for the first time plants.
Peat in abundance aerates roots
Peat tablets have no shelf life.
Such tablets do not have an expiration date, so what is left can be stored for a long time. It should be during storage to prevent moisture or high humidity up to 40-60% and not more, and the temperature in the range of 0-15 degrees.
- It is necessary to trace the state of the peat moisture, because it tends to dry out quickly.
- It is necessary to use pallets or cups, pots or other containers for convenient plant care.
- When buying for the high cost of the washer with the need to purchase them in large quantities, the amount will be palpable.
The benefits of peat tablets are much greater than the disadvantages
There is no doubt that the benefits of the use of tablets are much greater, and the benefits of it are enormous. You should not save on the amount, because one tablet is designed for one plant and after germination the seed is not necessary when it is properly sized to replant. The peat tablet is created for the gardener to facilitate and as much as possible simplify work, having made it fruitful.
Using peat seedlings when planting - this will be the best of all growing methods with guaranteed seed germination and excellent survival rate. Basic compliance with the rule to achieve one hundred percent of the result will be timely watering of seed and plants located in a light planting mixture. The excellent growth of crops on peat will allow for a short row to get a developed and healthy type of crop, which will be guaranteed earlier in terms of bloom and yield than others that have been germinated and grown in the usual, seedling way.
Read the original publication at womanadvice.ru
If you plan to germinate seeds of vegetables and flowers, then information about what peat seedlings are for seedlings, how to use them and how to choose them will be very useful.
In addition, similar growing techniques will be interesting.
What are peat tablets for?
Special “washers” made of peat and placed in bags of nonwoven material were created for planting seeds and grafting. Many are interested in what can be planted in peat tablets, and so, their acidity index is 5.4-6.2, which is suitable for most garden crops. Main characteristics:
- The composition may be humus, substances for nutrition and stimulation of growth and components that increase the immunity of the plant.
- It should be pointed out that peat has excellent air and moisture permeability, which is important for plant development.
- The composition perfectly retains moisture, but does not allow the formation of fungal diseases.
What are the best peat tablets?
There are several rules regarding the choice of suitable pills, which differ in different criteria:
- Structure. Peat (coconut), which has a large fraction, has a lower air consumption, which negatively affects the development of the roots and increases the risk of developing a disease such as “black leg”. From here it is necessary to give advice - choose a smaller substance.
- Acidity. There are different types of peat tablets that differ in this criterion. For most vegetable crops and flowers, a pH of 5.5 is suitable. If you pick the wrong acidity, it can cause the death of the seed.
- The presence of the shell. Peat tablets can have a paper or reticulated membrane that holds the shape and provides additional antifungal protection. Products without a shell cost less, but when wet, they may break.
How to use peat tablets?
Briquettes can be used not only for growing seedlings, but also for fertilizing already mature plants. For this, you need to put a pair of medium-sized tablets before planting in the headrest. Experienced gardeners tentatively recommend sterilization, which is why they are not filled with plain water, but with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. In this case, better fit tablets without a shell.
If you do not plan to carry out the cultivation of seedlings in peat tablets, then you can use them for rooting cuttings. This method is ideal in a situation where it is not possible to carry out rooting on the street. First, prepare a peat washer and submerge a green cutting into it at a depth of 1-3 cm. It is important to treat the end of the branch with a root former. Put a transparent cap on top, for example, a plastic cup.
Finding out what the peat seedlings are for seedlings, how to use them for planting seeds and other purposes, it is worth knowing that there are cases when a white bloom forms on the surface, which indicates that watering is abundant and should be reduced. When carrying out cultivation in a mini-greenhouse, do not forget about careful ventilation. Move the seedlings in pots or rooted cuttings in the ground should be after the roots begin to germinate outside. Remove or cut the mesh so that the roots can develop normally. Remove the peat ball is not necessary.
What size peat tablets to choose?
Products differ in their diameter, which is in the range of 2-7 cm. The choice should be made on the basis of what you plan to plant, guided by the rule that the smaller the seeds, the smaller the diameter needed. Consider that the sizes of peat tablets are directly related to the supply of nutrients, therefore when using small varieties additional feeding is carried out. The universal diameter is 4 cm.
How to prepare peat tablets for sowing seeds?
Before proceeding to sowing seeds, preparation of compressed peat should be carried out. There is a simple diagram of how to soak peat tablets:
- Put the washers in a container of warm water and leave for some time. In most cases, they are saturated with moisture for 15-20 minutes. As a result, they will increase in size by about 5 times. Thanks to the shell of the tablet will retain its shape.
- After that, remove them from the water and put them on a flat surface so that the side with the hole is on top. Having understood how to prepare peat tablets for seedlings and how to use them, you can proceed to sowing seeds.
How to plant seeds in peat tablets?
It is easy to use such washers, for which follow the following instructions:
- Prepared seeds are laid out in the existing grooves of 1-2 pieces. If the planting material is small, then take a toothpick to transfer it.
- Planting in peat tablets does not imply closure of seeds with soil. They need to be transferred to a greenhouse, having closed the container with a film or a lid.
Can peat tablets be reused?
Many inexperienced gardeners ask this question, because such peat products are not cheap to build. When figuring out how to properly use peat tablets, it is worth pointing out that they can also be used in the second year, after having been treated with phytosporine solution or light pink manganese. You can use special tablets designed for repeated use. They form is made of hard plastic, so that the peat base can be operated for several years.
Peat tablets do it yourself
If you think that the price of the washers is high, then you can save money by making them yourself. It should be borne in mind that it is impossible to guarantee that such tablets will be as effective as store counterparts. Peat tablets for seedlings do it yourself with ease and you can buy all the necessary materials in the garden shop. In addition, they can be replaced with ordinary plastic cups with nutrient primer and other analogues.
How to prepare peat tablets for sowing seeds?
Briquettes for germinating seeds can be made by hand. Using them is as easy as shopping. For work you need to prepare: 9 liters of peat, 4 liters of coconut substrate and food captivity. In addition, a plastic pipe for sewage with diameters of 50 mm and a length of 150 mm is useful. The role of the piston can be performed by a wooden tolkushka for mashed potatoes, in the center of which a screw with three washers is screwed. There is a simple instruction how to make peat seedlings for yourself:
- Moisten a little and loosen the substrate. Mix it with peat and mix well. If necessary, remove large inclusions.
- In the mixture, add 400-500 ml of water and mix again. Put it in the pan.
- Insert a pipe into the center so that a part of the mixture is inside and seal the briquette using a crush.
- Remove the pipe and push out the compressed briquette, which should be carefully wrapped with cling film. From above, leave a free strip of film with a width of 2-2.5 cm to allow the peat mixture to increase in height when swelling.
What to replace peat tablets?
If you want to save money, then peat washers can be replaced with used tea bags. The photo below shows a diagram of how to properly disassemble and cut the bags to get the bags for planting. In figuring out how to replace peat tablets, you should provide instructions for the further use of prepared tea bags:
- In each bag, without removing the brew, put a little dry earth, which is better to buy in the store.
- After that, moisten the contents and you can immediately put inside the seed.
- Place the prepared bags in a container with low sides, and in the intervals between them spread out the ground or cotton pads. This is important so that later the moisture does not evaporate quickly. This is the way to replace peat seedling pills, how to use a homemade counterpart - this question will not put anyone at a dead end.
Peat tablets - how to use?
Nowadays, gardening and gardening are much easier than a few decades ago. Now, thanks to all sorts of inventions and innovations, gardeners have new opportunities! One of such excellent inventions are peat tablets, how to use these things, what are their benefits - we will tell about this later.
Vegetable growers of all developed countries have long appreciated this product, peat tablets are now actively used for growing seedlings of vegetables and flowers. In fact, peat seedling tablets are crushed compressed peat wrapped in a special mesh. It contains valuable nutrients and trace elements necessary for effective seed growth. The composition of peat tablets makes them the best medium for growing seedlings.
Planting seeds in peat tablets allows you to grow them without hassle. The advantages of using peat tablets are as follows:
- high-quality seeds in such an environment all emerge without exception, germination is 100%,
- peat tablets provide seedlings excellent air and water permeability,
- they provide the optimal nutrient composition necessary for efficient growth,
- plants do not receive stress during transplantation, because you can plant seedlings in the ground along with pills,
- a gardener spends much less time and effort on growing seedlings, while obtaining an excellent result.
Peat tablets: what are they for and how to use them correctly?
In this case, the hole in the grid should be on top. Then the tablet is filled with warm distilled water, 150 ml are needed per one piece. Now you need to wait until the tablet is saturated with water, it swells, this case will take 20-25 minutes. The peat tablet should increase in volume once every six or seven. Следующий шаг – излишки воды сливаются, а в получившийся цилиндр из торфа высаживаются семена или другой посадочный материал, на требуемую глубину. Все, теперь останется лишь контролировать процесс прорастания – увлажнять вовремя торф, поддерживать нужную температуру, освещенность.If there is such a need, containers or cassettes with tablets can be placed in a greenhouse or greenhouse.
That's all, now you know how to plant vegetable or flower seeds in peat tablets. Planted in open ground should be in the same way as regular seedlings.
Potassium humate - application
A modern garden cannot be imagined without fertilizers. They help plants to obtain the necessary substances, which may lack in the soil, become stronger and give a better crop. In our article we will talk about the use of potassium humate.
Vegetation period - what is it?
Very often, studying information about the features of growing a particular plant, we are faced with the concept of the growing season. What does it mean and what are its features in different species of plants? Let's try to figure it out.
Arugula is a genus of annual plants, the leaves of which have been used in cooking, giving the dish a rich spicy taste. If you want to grow arugula on your site, follow the simple rules of planting and caring for it.
Growing cucumbers on the trellis
Modern technologies of growing vegetables can significantly increase the yield and improve its quality. This also applies to such a fairly simple method applicable in private gardens as growing cucumbers on a trellis.
Which coconut or peat tablets are best for seedlings?
If the temperature is sufficient, then condensate forms on the lid of the greenhouse or glass or film. If condensate does not form, then the temperature in the greenhouse is insufficient (less than 20 ° C), then germination of seeds will slow down and mold may appear. This is due to several reasons: it is cold on the window sill or the greenhouse lid is not tightly closed. It is better to eliminate the shortcomings at the initial stage, this will prevent the loss of seeds.
Condensation from the walls and the lid of the greenhouse must be removed: they do it with paper napkins. Teplichku regularly air. These two procedures are necessary for the prevention of plant diseases from excessive moisture and can be done simultaneously.
Watering seedlings in peat tablets is carried out as the peat dries.
This must be carefully monitored, because the peat should not dry up or be overmoistened. For watering seedlings in peat tablets it is good to use soft water. It is necessary to use boiled or distilled water. When boiling or settling, unnecessary mineral salts are removed from the water, which adversely affect plant growth.
Watering is better by pouring water into the pan or sprinkling tablets from the sprayer. Determine the adequacy of irrigation lightly peat cylinder will become a dark color. The presence of condensate is not an indicator of the moisture content of the peat tablet; it always exists if there is a sufficient temperature in the greenhouse.
Do not allow overmoistening - it can lead to a disease of seedlings, such as a black leg. If you notice that the tablet has become covered with a fluff, turned green, the ground has become of an incomprehensible color, you need to take urgent measures. Remove the fluff from the surface of the tablets with a paper napkin or cotton wool soaked in a solution of potassium permanganate and pour the tablets with an antifungal preparation. Air regularly.
As soon as the seedlings have 2-3 true leaves, you can remove the cover from the greenhouse.
By this time, the plant will develop enough root system and will be ready to grow in more "hard" conditions.
Transplanting seedlings in peat tablets
As they grow, the plants become crowded in peat tablets and they need a transplant. Seedlings should be transplanted into containers a little more than their peat "houses". In the tanks they make holes on the bottom - they allow air to penetrate to the roots and feed them. Soil for transplantation should be loose and nutritious.
When transplanting, seedlings do not need to be pulled out of the peat tablet, it is enough to remove the shell (the net is removed so that the roots have more space for development and the plant does not spend the strength to germinate through it) and plant it with the peat tablet in a new container. If the seedlings are slightly stretched, they need to be slightly deepened, while not filling the plant growth point.
After transplanting seedlings a few days to keep away from direct sunlight. It is better to hold it in a hothouse so that it will take root well. After a couple of days, seedlings can be put in a sunny place and periodically open the greenhouse. The ventilation time is increased each time - this is necessary for hardening the seedlings so that it can go without greenhouse conditions.
Many plants need a transplant more than once: with each new transplant, the capacity for seedlings is slightly increased. This helps plants to grow a good root system, which is needed for further growth and development of plants.
The advantages of growing seedlings in peat tablets
- during transplantation the plant is not injured. Usually, when diving, part of the seedlings dies due to injury to the roots. From a peat tablet seedlings do not need to pull out. It is transplanted with a tablet into a large container, where the plant continues to grow and develop. Just do not forget to remove part of the shell. Carefully cut the mesh of the peat tablet with scissors without damaging the roots.
- Peat tablets have a high breathability. The air flows unhindered to the roots of the plant, which in turn saves you from the process of loosening.
- Since peat tablets are well supplied with air, this reduces the risk of rotting of young seedlings. For the same reason, it is necessary to monitor the moisture content of the peat tablet - do not allow the soil to dry out.
- Growing seedlings in peat tablets is a clean and economical way to grow seedlings.
No need to pick up and compose the soil, it is enough to buy tablets of the right size and composition. Trace elements in the pill are sufficient to protect against disease and grow plants from seed.
Peat tablets are a great planting material for growing seedlings. They make it possible to grow a healthy seed with a well-developed root system from a small seed (and everyone knows that the guarantee of a plant's health is the health of its roots), which was not injured during the dive, because the plant is planted in the ground with a peat tablet.
What else you need to buy
Therefore, it is necessary to buy seeds and a spray. It is the most convenient for watering. The fact is that one of the disadvantages of peat tablets is that the top part dries too quickly. At the same time, the lower part is still wet. Therefore, watering in the pan only aggravate the problem, but does not solve it. The sprayer will allow to moisten the peat tablets from above, and without fear of dropping the young seedlings with a strong jet of water.
Perhaps that's all you need to purchase. Some sources recommend another propagator to buy. This is such an abstruse container with a lid and heating to create a certain microclimate. We consider this acquisition an unnecessary luxury. The propagator is perfectly replaced by a foam substrate under the container and with a food film or glass on top of the container.
Characteristics and advantages: how to use a peat tablet
A peat tablet is suitable for growing various garden and flower crops that are grown in seedlings. For plants that negatively tolerate the processes of picking, have delicate and fragile roots, peat tablets for seedlings are best suited.
The tablets consist of pressed peat, packed in a shell. Peat composition may consist of the top layer of peat soil or be made from a mixture of peat, humus, mineral and organic fertilizers with growth stimulants. A young plant for the entire period of growth and development in peat tablets for seedlings will be provided with all the necessary substances:
- peat composition soil contributes to the full development of the plant,
- antibacterial additive in the soil will not allow the development of fungi and mold, besides, the plant is completely protected from diseases,
- minerals stimulate growth and the formation of a healthy root system of the future plant.
A tablet is a container with a pressed primer in a mesh sheath of nonwoven fabric. The grid allows you to save the soil from the placer and forms a small pot. On sale you can find tablets that differ in diameter and height of pots ready for use. Peat tablets have a diameter of 2.4 to 9 cm. The height of the peat pot in finished form is 2 to 8 cm.
The acidity level of the peat filling in the tablet is neutral, an average of 5.4 pH. It may be slightly shifted in the direction of increasing acidity, but not to exceed the pH level of 6.2. Vegetable plants are grown with a level of acidity closer to neutral. Flower seedlings are grown in a more acidic environment. This must be remembered when choosing peat tablets.
The top of the peat tablet has a small depression for placing a plant seed in it. The choice of diameter depends on the culture that will grow in the mixture. For growing seedlings, petunias acquire small-diameter tablets. To grow seedlings of cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers, buy tablets with a diameter of more than 4−5 cm.
The benefits of peat tablets
There are several important factors that will make the obvious choice in favor of peat pellets.
- Saving space. Unfortunately, the surface of window sills, shelves or racks for growing seedlings is always limited. Peat containers occupy a small area, which is not the case with traditional methods of growing plants.
- Peat will help grow delicate and fragile seedlings. The root system will not suffer from the picksbecause it is not carried out, there is no need for it.
- Seeds placed for cultivation in peat mixture, have almost one hundred percent germination. The composition provides the plant with everything necessary for development and growth.
- Peat tablet helps gardener regulate the required level of humidity. As required, water is added to the pan, where it is evenly distributed.
- Not necessary keep a calendar of fertilizing plantsAll the necessary substances are contained inside the pot.
- Peat mix seedling pot is able to pass oxygen, which is important for normal full development and growth. Gardener will not face the processes of rotting seedlings.
- Mesh materialwhich keeps the shape of a peat pot, will not allow it to crumble. The plant in the peat tablet can be safely transferred and moved from one pallet to another.
- Peaty soil is an ideal place to grow a plant that does not tolerate various gardening manipulations: picks and transplants, as well as expensive specimens that are sold by the piece.
- The cost of peat tablets is low, which means that the gardener can buy quality and expensive seeds from a trusted manufacturer. After all, it is no longer necessary to acquire soil and containers separately.
- Special preparation before the process of planting seeds to peat pills is not required, in contrast to the use of conventional soil that needs to be steamed, frozen and so on.
- Unused new tablets are easy to store., they occupy a minimum of space. The shelf life of this soil is unlimited.
Rooting cuttings in peat tablets
Peat tablets can be used not only for growing seedlings, but also for rooting cuttings and leaves (for example, violets).
In a wet peat tablet, a recess is made with a stick or pencil, and a cutting is inserted. The cutting should be cut at an angle. The peat tablet can be placed in a mini-greenhouse or plastic cup, covered with a film or transparent lid on top, periodically ventilated, but do not allow the tablet to dry out. Add water, trying not to fall on the stalk.
Peat tablets - a convenient material that allows you to grow seedlings with virtually no losses, to form strong roots due to the low degree of morbidity of the method, to save space and facilitate the efforts of the gardener.
How to prepare pills for planting
- clear warm water
- peat tablets
- 30 minutes of free time
Place the peat tablets in a container so that they do not touch the walls very tightly. Do not wedge them. Let them be inserted freely. Now we take clean warm water and pour in each tablet 2 tbsp. l
By the way, do not confuse the top and bottom of the tablet! The recess under the seed is on top, and is always clearly visible. After watering, wait 15 minutes. Do not be alarmed that the "subjects" will begin to rise sharply in height, almost not increasing in diameter. It should be so.
Then add another 1 tbsp. l and wait another 12-15 minutes. Now drain the excess liquid that has protruded at the bottom of the tank. That's all, the pills are ready for planting.
How to plant seeds
Remember: 1 peat tablet - 1 seed. You should not try to cram 2, 3 and more in order to save expensive material. Yes, peat tablets are not cheap. Sprouts just do not have enough space and nutrition for normal development. And then come across reviews of such a plan: “I tried these pills of yours, complete nonsense. And just planted 3 peppers in each. The plants were weak, sick and poorly taken root. ”We do not need such savings.
Now, as for the seeds. Sowing pills is not much different from sowing in the ground:
- Large - by hand. Deepened by 1-1.2 cm
- Small - a match or a toothpick. Pick up a wet tip and lay on the surface.
After landing manipulations, the container with the tablets is covered with glass or cling film. Then we remove in a warm dark place until the first shoots.
How to care for seedlings in peat tablets
Yes, just like the usual. You saw that sprouts begin to spit, then immediately move the container to a bright place. Otherwise they will begin to stretch. Periodically ventilate the container to prevent condensation from creating excessive moisture. Once the seedlings get stronger, you can remove the shelter altogether.
Watering peat tablets is most convenient with a spray gun. This will allow dispensing water without fear of pouring sprouts.
And further. Do not forget to put insulation under the container. To do this, you can use:
- foam plate
- thin plate
- cork sheet
- laminate backing
- thick wool fabric
- several layers of newspaper
What are these tricks for? The fact is that the root system of sprouts is still too weak. She very quickly cooled, and then the black legs can not be avoided. And additional warming from below will allow to forget about a similar problem.
How to plant seedlings with pills
Well, the long days of waiting are over. Sprouts rose, strengthened. It is time to plant them in a greenhouse or open ground. How to determine this moment? Very easy. Lift one of the peat tablets. Do the roots make their way through the net, and the sprout itself has 3-4 true leaves? So, the next stage has come.
- clerical knife (optional)
- 2 hands
Now you need to press the soil around a little. It remains only to slightly water the newcomer and mulch the earth with humus or what they are used to. As you can see, everything is doable even for a beginner in agriculture.
By the way, about the incision of the grid. It is not at all necessary to do this, because it does not prevent the growth of the root system absolutely. Moisture and fertilizers are also completely unobstructed to the plant. But some gardeners strongly recommend nagging the grid. What guided - it is not clear. Therefore, the choice is yours.