The tree of life - this is how pistachios were called in ancient times. This tree is unique in nature, the fruits of which give a person good health, excellent well-being and good memory. The Chinese called pistachios "happy nuts", perhaps because the opened shell resembles a smile. And the Greeks considered them truly "magic nuts", bestowing additional strength and beauty.
In total, there are about 20 types of pistachios, but the most common are real pistachio and stupid pistachio. This pistachio grows in the form of a bush or a tree, usually its height does not exceed 7 m. The roots extend 25 m wide and 10 m deep. This type of pistachio is noticed by the fact that the size of its fruits is several times larger than nuts of other species. It is found in the countries of Central Asia.
Pistachio tupolistnaya - a tree, about 10 m high. Iran, India, Syria is considered its homeland, also pistachio is grown up in the USA, the Crimea, the Caucasus, Asia Minor and Afghanistan. The tree is very fond of light, and also prefers a soil rich in calcium. In itself is very powerful, so the duration of his life is about 1000 years. Sometimes, it is even surprising how pistachios grow on steep slopes, in arid regions where nutrients and life-giving moisture seem to be absent. But these trees do not like wet soil, but they feed on roots that go down to the ground to a depth of 15 meters and to the sides - 40 meters.
Pistachio is an unpretentious tree, although it grows slowly, but with proper stamina it will endure unbearable heat, prolonged drought and extreme frosts. The tree has a very strong and surprisingly beautiful wood, resembling in their qualities ivory. Pistachio gum is very much appreciated, in ancient times it was used for incense in various religious rituals, it is used in our time. It is also famous for its healing properties, if you constantly chew on the resin, the gums will never hurt, and bad breath will be eliminated.
Buzgunchi - growths on the leaves, used for tanning the skin and dyeing silk. It is even surprising how pistachios grow in our time, because their use is so wide that they could have been exterminated long ago. It is because of this demand pistachio hit the Red Book.
The production of pistachios is a fairly profitable enterprise, as these trees are unpretentious and grow very long and abundantly bear fruit. About 250 kg of nuts can be harvested from a pistachio tree. Today, mainly the main suppliers of pistachios are Iran and Turkey. In these countries, trees grow on their own, so it makes no sense to plant plantations specifically. Although in some regions, cultivated pistachio land.
Many entrepreneurs are interested in how pistachios grow and whether they can be grown on their land. Of course, it is possible, but for this it is necessary to prepare the appropriate ground. Best of all, such trees take root on sandy or rocky soil, pistachio can grow even on a steep slope and no cataclysms will wash it off, as it has strong roots. It does not need high humidity, therefore it is well acclimatized in arid regions.
In order to see how pistachios grow, you can go to the Caucasus, the Crimea or Turkey. This tree was honored thousands of years ago, with success it is used today. Its fruits are very tasty and healthy, are widely used in cooking for the preparation of various sweets and pastries, as they have an exquisite taste and delicate aroma.
Pistachio tree description
In favorable climatic conditions, an evergreen can reach 6 meters and live for more than 500 years. The barrel is usually curved and has a ribbed surface. The bark varies from light gray to reddish brown.
The tree grows in arid areas and has a developed root system, which can reach 12 meters in depth and 25 meters in width.
Crohn dense, formed of feathery leaves with a wax coating. Under the action of the sun, they release essential oils that can cause headaches and feeling sick or even fainting.
There are male and female specimens that are easy to distinguish during flowering from March to May. Harvest can be obtained after 9−10 years from the date of planting. To do this, there must be individuals of different sexes.
It is more correct to call the fruit of a tree not a nut, but a stone. In some varieties, it reaches 3 centimeters in length. Under the pericarp, which is easily separated, is the edible oily core of a pale green tint.
The historical homeland of pistachios is Western Asia from present-day Syria to Afghanistan. On these
The tree has been growing for thousands of years and is considered a symbol of wealth.
Later, the seedlings were transported to Italy and Greece, where they successfully settled down and began to yield crops.
Today, among the territories where pistachios grow and in which countries are most common, one can name:
In California, a tree fell at the end of the XIX century. Today, the United States of America is one of the countries where pistachios are grown in the largest volumes. Nuts are not only exported, but also consumed in large quantities by residents.
In Russia, pistachios grow in the Crimea and the Caucasus Mountains due to the local climate. However, they did not receive mass distribution even in these relatively warm regions.
The fruits of trees grown within our country do not have characteristic taste.
Optimal for plants suitable subtropical and tropical climate. The tree feels good on poor stony soils. However, it is important for the presence of calcium in the earth.
Easily tolerates sudden changes in temperature and cold to -20 degrees. Not afraid of heat and drought, loves bright sunlight. Often located on the slopes and cliffs.
Meet the pistachio forest - a rarity. These are rather single plants, as in arid climates one has to compete for nutrients and moisture.
Under natural conditions, the pistachio tree is propagated with the help of seeds or sprouts. However, cuttings are also suitable for this purpose. At home, you can try to grow a tree out of raw nuts. However, it will take a lot of patience and care..
Harvest pistachios harvested in late summer - early autumn. One tree can bring up to 25 kilograms of fruit per season.
From the history of the pistachio tree
This fruit is known to man since the depth of time, according to sources, the man began to eat them and for medicinal purposes more than 2.5 thousand years ago. Let's try to answer the question where they grow.
Their homeland is Western Asia, the possession of this tree stretches from Syria to Afghanistan. In these countries, it was revered in a special way, it was considered a symbol of wealth and youth, and sometimes even used as a currency. But in the modern world, culture has spread far beyond Western Asia.
Today it can be found in the vastness of America, which can only give way to the championship to Iran, it is considered the largest leader in the sale of pistachios. Do not be surprised if during the trip you can meet this tree in countries such as Greece, Spain, Africa. Australia. Where pistachios grow they know firsthand the inhabitants of Turkey, since it is one of the world leaders in the supply of pistachios to the market.
Pistachio culture has not bypassed Russia's open spaces. For the first time an exotic tree fell on the territory of the Crimea back in the distant XVIII. About three dozen trees were planted, an exotic plant got acclimatized perfectly, but their fruits were unsuitable for consumption.
Features of harvesting pistachios
The harvest of pistachios is at the beginning of September and can last until the end of November. The fruit of a pistachio tree is a nut 2-3 cm long.
An interesting fact is that these nuts are collected at nightThis is due to the fact that pistachio leaves under the influence of direct sunlight emits essential oil, which has a detrimental effect on human health. Especially dangerous is the effect of pistachio essential oil on people with vegetovascular dystonia and hypertensive diseases.
At the end of the harvest, nuts are thoroughly dried in the sun, after which the shelf life is not more than one year. Even as an option they can soak in a salty solution, and then fry.
What is useful and dangerous pistachios for a person?
- Circulatory system. The benefits of these nuts are hard to overestimate, they are not a substitute for those who have problems with the circulatory system. If you regularly eat small portions of nuts, then improve not only the state of the circulatory system, but also be able to balance the level of cholesterol.
- Liver. If you suffer from liver problems, then pistachios also come to your aid. According to experts, the use of a moderate amount of nuts in the strength to clear the bile ducts and help with bouts of hepatic colic.
Digestion. Since ancient times, it is believed that pistachios have a beneficial effect on the intestinal function and improve digestion. They play a significant role in the treatment of tuberculosis, since during their reception by patients they help to normalize the heartbeat and breathing.
Stress Reliever. If by the nature of your activity you are regularly exposed to great intellectual loads or you experience a constant feeling of fatigue, the miracle nuts will come to your aid. Do not forget that the fruits of the pistachio tree perform a powerful aphrodisiac function for men, enhancing the potency and lifespan of germ cells.
Cosmetology. Pistachio oil is of great importance in the cosmetology industry, as its oil contains substances that help rejuvenation, restoration and nourishment of the skin. And if you want to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays, pistachio oil will become your indispensable assistant.
As for the minuses and dangers of pistachios, they, of course, are present. First of all they are very powerful allergen and can even cause anaphylactic shock, so be very careful when you first try this product. It is better to start to eat a couple of nuts and follow the reaction of your body. Do not forget that the composition of pistachios rich in fat and their excessive use can lead to extra pounds and centimeters.
How to grow a tree at home
Many gardeners are interested in the question whether it is possible to grow such a tree at home. Yes, it is possible, but it is a rather complicated and painstaking process. Unfortunately, not always, and to be precise, very rarely the fruits of such a homemade nut can be eaten. Special conditions are needed for pistachios, but soft and gentle climate conditions are important. And if your goal is not just the decorative function of this tree, but the production of fruits, then you just need to plant two trees at the same time. Because for the harvest must be trees, both male and female.
Breeding such a tree with the help of seeds, cuttings and young shoots. It is also important that if you live in Russia, you should understand that the fruits of pistachios grown on its territory are simply unsuitable for human consumption. The fruits of pistachios grown in Russia can only be used for making butter.
But for those who still decided to grow such a tree, we will give some useful tips for growing it.
- As stated earlier it is a thermophilic planttherefore, the sandy soil is comfortable for him. We conclude. It is recommended to water the seedlings extremely rarely, and it is better to do this when the soil is dry.
- Alternatively, you can independently sprout a tree from a stone. To do this, it is enough to soak the bone in any mixture to stimulate growth, and then land in sandy soil and cover with lutrasil. But there is a big drawback - after a sapling germinates, you simply cannot determine which one is male and which one is female. If your goal is fruit, then this option is just not for you. Therefore, the best solution for you will be to purchase an already formed sapling.
- After planting seedlings is very carefully tamp the soil and pour clean waterwithout any fertilizer. For planting two or more trees, it is necessary to observe between them a sufficient distance from three meters.
- If your tree is started and grows safely in the open spaces of your garden, then after two years you can safely fertilize it with nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers.
Despite the fact that the pistachio tree is rather “capricious”, in the early stages of growth, it is still a very beautiful and aesthetic plant. Which can become a decoration of any garden or manor. Show a little effort and patience and the result will not take long.
The homeland of the pistachio tree is considered to be the territory of modern Iran and Syria. There he was called the tree of life, as it was noted that the constant use of the fruit led to the rejuvenation of the body, its strengthening. There were times when pistachios were used as currency here.
Later, the plant spread to the south-western and central parts of Asia, in the south of Europe, in some parts of America, Africa and Australia. Wild pistachio tree species are found in Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
How pistachios grow, the inhabitants of Turkey are well aware. About half of all the fruits that go on sale on the world market today are grown on the plantations of this country.
To answer the question "where pistachios grow in Russia", you need to know what natural conditions are necessary for the growth and development of the plant. Only with their observance it is possible to grow trees and get a harvest.
Requirements for growing plants
The pistachio tree is cultivated in the conditions of arid hot climate of deserts and semi-deserts. The plant is interesting in that it successfully endures both high and low air temperatures. There are cases when tree planting survived at twenty-five degrees of frost.
Growing under conditions of lack of moisture affected the development of the plant root system. It is very developed, has several tiers. In depth, the roots go down by fifteen, and grow to the sides by 25 meters. The activity of different tiers of the root system varies, it depends on the time of year.
The experience of growing pistachio trees in Russia has a positive result. As early as the 18th century, about three dozen trees were planted in the Crimea for experimental purposes. They got accustomed perfectly, but their fruits didn’t have high taste qualities.
How do pistachios grow in Russia today? For growing in the arid regions of the south of the country, pistachio real has spread from a huge variety of plant species. Planting of such trees are also available on the Black Sea coast of the Caucasus.
What is needed for effective plant growth? Farmers know that for each region where pistachio is cultivated, it is necessary to choose a particular species that will make optimum use of the natural conditions for its growth and development.
Plant in a natural community
Having become familiar with where and how pistachios grow, it is not difficult to guess what role these trees can play in the wild.
Firstly, the foliage of the plant perfectly saves from the sweltering heat, so small animals and birds find shelter in the crown of the trees. On the ground, in the shadow of branches, larger inhabitants of deserts and semi-deserts hide from the sun.
Secondly, the fruits of pistachios are food for rodents, birds, kulans, foxes and other animals that live in the areas where the culture grows. Leaves eat sheep and camels.
The benefits of pistachio tree for humans
The use of the fruit of the tree and its other parts has been known to man since time immemorial. Even 7,000 years ago, people not only knew how pistachios grow, but were able to use them for various purposes.
Fried, dried, fresh or salted fruits of pistachio tree went to food as now. They contain a large amount of oil enriched with beneficial acids. For this reason, pistachios are widely used in the preparation of certain dishes or food products - certain types of cheese, sausages, culinary products, ice cream. It has been proven that in combination with alcoholic drinks, the beneficial properties of pistachios are lost.
Fiber content in pistachios is the same as in oatmeal, so the fruits of the tree are often included in the diet of people seeking a proper balanced diet. But it is still necessary to remember about the high calorie content of the product.
Resin pistachios well strengthens the gums and teeth. Кроме того, употребление плодов дерева оказывает благотворное влияние на работу иммунной системы, головного мозга, улучшает процессы пищеварения, активизирует выделительные функции организма. Некоторые вещества, получаемые из плодов и листьев растения, используются в производстве лекарственных препаратов.
Cosmetic products containing pistachio oil in their composition cleanse the skin well, relieve pigment spots and other skin diseases.
Use of a plant for technical purposes
The oilcake remaining after using the fruit in the industrial production of butter or other products is fed to domestic animals and poultry.
Wood is used in the joinery industry. It is also used for making resin, which is used to make high-quality varnishes.
The leaves of the plant in large quantities contain tannins, so they are widely used in leather production, in the manufacture of paints.
Decorative wood features
Knowing how pistachios grow and what a rich crown these trees have, has allowed people to successfully use this culture for gardening streets, decorating parks and squares.
Flower compositions, which include the leaves and branches of pistachios, are striking in their unique beauty and originality.
Pistachios grow as shrubs, but are also represented by deciduous and evergreen trees. Their height is 7-10 m.
The fruits of such shrubs and trees are stone fruit, their length is up to 12 cm and width is up to 1 cm. They have an ovoid shape and an elongated seed inside.
The pericarp is thin and reddish, easily separated from the fetus. The shell when ripening the nut often cracks.
The seed is greenish, tasty. Plants begin to bear fruit in late autumn.
Pistachio trees are distinguished by thick gray bark, feathery, trifoliate, or simple leaves, as well as reddish-yellow flowers gathered in a panicle that appear before leaves.
The roots of pistachio trees are large, bunk and can grow up to 15 meters in depth, and up to 40 meters wide.
Leaves are leathery, consist of 3-5 leaflets shaped like an ellipse.
Among the trees there are male individuals, as well as female trees. The pollen of one male tree is enough for pollination of 8-12 female trees.
Life expectancy is about 1000 years.
There are too many essential oils in unopened pistachios, they cannot be eaten.
Up to 20 types of pistachios are known, the main ones are:
- Atlantic. Used to produce resin, as well as a stock for pistachio present.
- This. Trees with a height of 9 meters and more, in which the spherical dense crown, often several trunks, deep root, falling leaves in the winter. The plant lives up to 300 years. The fruits of such pistachios have a pleasant taste and a length of up to 2 centimeters.
- Tupolist (wild). Drought-resistant plant growing in the Caucasus, Asia, the Crimea and other places. It is usually represented by trees, the height of which is 8-10 meters, but it also happens in the form of multi-trunk bushes. Fruits are edible, but smaller than the fruits of this pistachio. Crafts are made from wood plants.
- Chinese Differs in the greatest frost resistance and height to 15 m.
- American (also called mexican).
- Turpentine Trees up to five meters. They can be found in Sochi, Tbilisi and Baku.
- Mastic It is represented by small trees or bushes that grow to a height of three meters. Fruits of mastic are used to produce oil. The plant is also in demand to create a hedge. Trim the mastic pistachios get mastic, from which you can make putty, paint or varnish.
The homeland of the plant is Iran, Afghanistan and the countries of Central Asia. Here you can meet her in the wild.
Nowadays, pistachio trees are grown in many countries of the world with a warm climate: in the Crimea, European countries, the USA, countries of Asia, north-western regions of Africa, Turkey, Australia. Wild plants can be found in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Reproduction of pistachios in nature occurs by seed, as well as by shoots. Cultivate the plant using propagation by cuttings.
In wild pistachios, resistance to both drought and frost is noted. The plant prefers rocky and stony soil. It can be fixed on a cliff or slope due to a developed system of roots. Often pistachio trees grow alone (large thickets of trees are very rare).
Collecting and harvesting
Fruits in large quantities are formed on trees of 7-10 years of age, and maximum productivity is noted in pistachio trees that have reached 20 years of age. In case of ripening nuts, the shells partially open with a click.
In wild plants, the fruits are not very large (100 grams weighs 50-60 grams). On fruit bearing trees, up to 30% of the drupes can be empty (without nuclei). Productivity varies in different regions and in different varieties.
Fruits from trees are collected in August and September:
- They are cut off manually or shaken off with the help of special poles on the canvas.
- Fruits are harvested at night, because during the day aroma oils are released from the pistachio leaves, causing dizziness.
- Peel the nuts from the shell immediately so that the shell does not darken.
- Peeled fruits are dried in the sun for about 5 days.
- It is necessary to store dried pistachio in a cool place - at a temperature of + 2 + 10 degrees, the nuts will not deteriorate for a year, and at 0 ° C for up to four years.
How to choose and where to buy
Pistachio fruit is almost always sold in the shell.
In size they are divided into:
Ripe pistachios are distinguished by the green color of the kernels and the presence of an open shell.
- The shell should be cream or off-white.
- Nuts should be the same size, without cracks and not flattened.
- Fruits should not be stained.
- Do not buy nuts, if they have a smell of mold, as well as a musty or rancid smell.
For the food industry, in addition to whole pistachios, they sell halves of nuts, quarters and pistachios in the form of small pieces.
Pistachio kernels quickly absorb foreign smell, so they should be stored separately from other products.
It is advisable that the pistachios you buy (if you are talking about unsalted nuts) are well packaged and kept in the refrigerator.
To lengthen the shelf life and prevent spoilage of nuts, they are fried, sweetened or salted.
The reddish shell indicates pre-marinating pistachios.
Watch the program "Controlling purchase", and which chose the best arenas with pistachios and salt.
- Pistachios have a high calorie content, a high content of fats, vitamins, amino acids and minerals.
- Pistachio fruits are recommended during the period of recovery and depletion, as well as to athletes and with high mental stress.
- Regular use improves the function of the heart and liver.
- Due to the ability to enhance potency and positively influence sperm, these nuts are considered an aphrodisiac.
Pistachios are rich in:
- amino acids
- fatty acids - oleic, linoleic, palmitic, stearic and others,
- vitamins E, A, B6, B1, folic acid,
- minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, potassium),
- carotenoids - zeaxanthin and lutein.
- Pistachio helps maintain vitality, therefore it is recommended for fatigue and weakening.
- Fruits are an environmentally friendly product, since their processing does not include outside intervention.
- Nuts are rich in antioxidants, because their use normalizes the functioning of the cardiovascular system, helps rejuvenate the body and lowers cholesterol.
- Expectorant and antitussive action.
- Pistachio oil increases potency, accelerates the acquisition of sunburn, tones, strengthens the body, has a light laxative effect. It is also used in cosmetology and promotes wound healing.
- Regulate carbohydrate metabolism.
- Have a positive effect on the organs of vision, restore visual acuity.
- Improve the condition of the skin, hair, nails and teeth.
- Prevent the development of diabetes.
- Have a rejuvenating effect.
- Serve as a good cancer prevention.
- Increase the potency of men.
For more on the beneficial properties of pistachios, see the next video of the program "Live is great!"
Harm and contraindications
- Overdose may cause dizziness and nausea.
- Pistachio oil is not recommended during pregnancy because of its laxative effect.
- These nuts are considered highly allergenic. Allergies should be used with caution.
- Consumption of salted pistachios can cause an increase in blood pressure.
- Destiny age, because may trigger the development of diathesis.
- Acute diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys.
- Salty pistachios are contraindicated in hypertension due to the presence of a large amount of salt.
From the seeds they produce high quality oil, which is not inferior in its properties to olive oil. It is used in cooking and for the production of high-quality varnish.
It is very useful to add pistachio oil to bathing water (1 tablespoon per bath of water).
Oil obtained from the fruits of pistachios, use:
- inside to strengthen the immune system (1-2 teaspoons daily for a spoon),
- for lubrication of the skin affected by the fungus, as well as for dermatitis (process 4 times a day),
- in order to eliminate acne, diathesis, eczema and allergic rash,
- for hair care to give them shine, silkiness and smoothness,
- as a means of skin care (especially sensitive),
- to protect the skin in the cold and windy weather,
- to strengthen the nail plate,
- as massage oil (used as a basis for aroma oils),
- for masks (can be mixed with other oils, such as almond or avocado, as well as with EM),
- as a sunscreen,
- to eliminate freckles and age spots.
Pistachio oil can enrich any care cosmetics. To do this, simply add a few drops of oil to the usual means.
Where pistachios grow in Russia and in other countries
Pistachio is a medium-sized tree that loves bright sun and nutritious soil, usually this plant can be found in arid countries (for example, in North-West Africa, Texas, Syria or Asia). Turkey is the leader in the sale and export of pistachios.
Unfortunately, the climate in Russia is not suitable for growing pistachio tree. But you can find places where there is a chance that this plant could not only grow, but also bear fruit.
In this case, it is the Crimea and the regions adjacent to it. In the 18th century, seedlings were first planted in the Crimea. But unfortunately, pistachio fruits are practically unsuitable for human consumption, and therefore different oils are made from fruits, including cosmetic oils. To grow it in Russia, the soil must be saturated with calcium, and summer must be very dry, otherwise it will not work.
The benefits and harm of pistachios
Pistachios are very useful for any person, the contribution of pistachios to human health is simply invaluable.
Let's see how many useful substances are in 100 grams of pistachios:
- 20 grams of protein, which are useful amino acids.
- 45-50 grams of fat, but they consist of essential acids for the human body. These are such acids as: oleic, palmitic, linoleic and others).
- 25-30 grams of carbohydrates.
- Also high content of vitamins A, B, E.
Useful properties of the use of pistachios:
- Reducing the risk of developing vascular diseases. With regular use of small portions of pistachios, the level of harmful cholesterol decreases significantly.
- Activation of blood flow and, as a result, improvement of blood composition.
- Pistachios help with liver disease, because they are able to normalize working functions and clean the bile ducts. Some experts say that pistachios help to help relieve pains in liver colic.
- Pistachios are very useful for men, they are called an aphrodisiac. They help enhance sexual potency and vitality of germ cells in men.
- May have a good effect on the intestines., but when used in small portions. Helps to clear from slags and toxins.
- Experts recommend eating pistachios for turberculosis, because they can help in the work of the respiratory tract and normalize the work of the heart by reducing heartbeat.
- Recommended for use in people who have fatigue and a great intellectual load, because pistachios have an activating effect on the human nervous system.
- Pistachio oil brings great benefits. It is very actively used in cosmetology as a rejuvenating, nourishing and beneficial component for the skin. Pistachio oil protects your skin from ultraviolet rays.
- Resin pistachio helps to strengthen the teeth and gums.
Unfortunately, pistachios are a very strong allergen, and when used in large quantities, they can cause very strong allergies, can reach anaphylactic shock.
Hypertensives are also advised not to abuse pistachios, because they can increase blood pressure, cause nausea or dizziness.
Is it possible to grow a pistachio tree
Of course, you can grow a pistachio tree at home, but will it bear fruit? First, pistachio trees need a special climate. In Russia, a suitable climate is the Krasnodar Territory and the Crimea.
In other places you should not even try to plant it. Secondly, it is necessary to pick up trees in a certain way so that at least one tree is a male. Because without a male tree you cannot get a harvest.
You should remember that the fruits that are grown in Russia are unfit for human consumption. All the pistachios that you see on the shelves were imported from other countries. If you still decide to plant a tree, then remember that it will bloom after 10 years, and the fruit can only be used as oil.
Step by step instructions for planting pistachio tree:
- Selection of soil. Pistachio tree is very fond of sandy soil, so the plant needs to be watered very rarely when the soil is too dry.
- You need to buy and plant two seedlings - male and female.
- Sprouting walnut. Fresh stone must be soaked in a growth stimulator, and then planted in a sandy soil mix, then water and cover with a special material called lutrasil. It will be very difficult for you to determine which of the ascended plants is a boy and which girl. Therefore, it is best to buy an already mature sapling in the nursery.
- Prepare a large pit for an adult seedling. If you decide to plant several seedlings, the distance between them should be more than three meters.
- The roots should be inspected and, if necessary, cut off the damaged elements and apply with ashes.
- We plant seedlings. After planting, you must tamp the soil and pour water. Young trees do not need good care. They can be watered every two to three weeks.
- After two years of growth, the pistachio tree can be fertilized with phosphate or nitrogen fertilizers.
Remember that it is better not to try to eat pistachios grown in your home, better buy them in the store.