Rhodiola rosea (pink, golden root) is a grassy perennial plant of the Crassula family. It has a distinctive feature: the root and rhizome of the color of bronze or old gilding with a noticeable pearl luster, thanks to which it received its second “precious” name. The plant is listed in the Red Book of the Russian Federation.
It is found in regions with a temperate and cold climate, including Great Britain, North America and Ireland, it grows well in alpine mountain meadows (in the Pyrenees, Alps, Carpathians), it is found in Kazakhstan, and is grown in China, Bulgaria, and India. In the Russian Federation it is found in Altai and the Urals, in the mountainous regions of the Far East, Eastern and Western Siberia, in the polar regions of Yakutia, on the coasts of the Barents and White seas. The plant is undemanding to light and heat, but needs abundant moisture. It grows on rocks and stony placers, in the plain of the tundra, on the banks of mountain rivers and streams.
It has long been used in folk and official medicine as an effective adaptogen that increases resistance to adverse environmental factors, as well as a stimulator of the central nervous system. Included in the group of adaptogens, combines and competes with eleutherococcus and ginseng.
The rhizome is horizontal, powerful, covered with a cork of brown (bronze) color, has thin adventitious roots. On a break, the root is white, has a bitter-astringent taste, it has a special aroma, similar to the smell of a rose.
Most often the plant has several (10-15 pieces) of not branched upright stems, 10-40 cm in height, less often there is only one stem. The leaves are alternate, sit on the stems, have an oblong-ovate, elliptical or pointed form with a solid or serrate-toothed upper part.
Flowering occurs in June-July, the fruits reach maturity in July-August. The inflorescence is many-flowered, has a corymboid shape. Flowers yellow same-sex, four-, less often five-membered. The fruits are upright green leaves.
Propagated by seeds and vegetatively.
Collection, harvesting and breeding
For the future, harvest the root of Rhodiola rosea (plant age 3-4 years). Do it in the period from late July to September. Roots are dug, thoroughly washed from the ground particles in cool water, cleaned of brown cork and rotten, dry areas. Cut the rhizome into pieces, each 10 cm long and dry them at T 50 degrees in the dryer.
The finished raw material on a fracture has a pinkish or white color. If the root of a brown shade is on a fracture, it is unsuitable for use, since it loses its beneficial properties. Store dry raw materials in canvas bags in a dark place. Shelf life - 3 years.
Most often, the plant is propagated by seeds: planted in late autumn or winter in a box with nutrient soil, providing good ventilation (clay is placed on the bottom). The soil is pre-moistened with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, slightly compacted. Seeds are evenly distributed over the surface and lightly pressed, covered with soil (layer of 2 mm), covered with film and put on the balcony. In March, the box is transferred to a warm, lighted place, and sprouts will appear in a couple of days. They can be transplanted with the appearance of two true leaves.
It is possible to propagate a plant (which is at least 2 years old) by dividing the rhizome into 2 parts, which are planted in prepared holes with humus, and they also put compost on top, leaving the kidneys to renew on the surface.
At the root of the plant contains more than 140 useful elements, which determine the complex positive effect.
- Phenols and their derivatives: tyrosol, salidroside. Strengthens the circulatory system, protects the vessels from narrowing. Prevent cholesterol oxidation,
- Carbohydrates: glucose, fructose, sedoheptulose, sucrose. Participate in energy exchange,
- Organic acids:
- oxalic (stimulates the secretion of the stomach and the bowels),
- malic (normalizes digestion, improves the condition of blood vessels, improves eyesight and is involved in metabolism),
- amber (neutralizes free radicals, reduces uric acid levels, restores joint mobility, stimulates insulin production),
- lemon (increases appetite, stimulates cell renewal, activates immunity),
- Terpenoids: Rosiridin, Rosiridol. Increase tissue resistance to damage,
- Flavonoids: kaempferol, astragalin, 7-rhamnoside kaempferol, rhodiolin, tricin, rhodionine, 5-glucoside and 7-glucoside of tricin, rhodiosin, acetylrodalgin, 8-methylgerbacetin. Reduce vascular permeability, normalize pressure and heart rate, reduce intraocular pressure, participate in the process of bile formation, stimulate the function of the adrenal cortex and regulate the production of urine,
- Glycosides. Characterized by cumulative and cardiotonic properties, normalize the work of the cardiovascular system. They have a calming and diuretic effect,
- Trace elements: silver, copper, manganese, zinc, involved in vital processes,
- Anthraquinones. Strengthen immunity, participate in the formation of immune cells. Have a laxative effect,
- Coumarins. They have antitumor, anticoagulant and anticoagulant effects. Affect the genetic apparatus of the tumor, thereby inhibiting the ability of cells to metastasize,
- Essential oil. Possesses bactericidal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, wound healing, anesthetic effects,
- Tannins. They change the structure of proteins and are involved in the formation of a protective albuminate film, which has a bactericidal or bacteriostatic effect. Have an astringent effect
- Alkaloids. They have antispasmodic, hemostatic, analgesic, sedative and hypotensive effects,
- Sterols. Reduce cholesterol, strengthen the cardiovascular system, increase immunity, affect the quality and number of helper cells that protect against the development of autoimmune reactions,
- Aromatic compounds: rosavin, rosin, rosarin, cinnamon alcohol. Improve the work of the central nervous system.
In the composition of the essential oil found aliphatic alcohols with a straight chain and monoterpenic hydrocarbons. The composition of the essential oil varies depending on the place of growth of the plant.
The aboveground part of the plant is saturated with organic acids (malic, citric, oxalic, succinic), phenols and their derivatives, phenol carbonic acids (gallic, coffee), coumarins, tannins, flavonoids.
Golden root (Rhodiola) is characterized by many beneficial properties:
- is a powerful antioxidant and adaptogen,
- protects the body from the development of cancer and prevents the metastasis of tumors,
- increases blood pressure
- improves heart function
- fights pathogens,
- has anti-inflammatory action,
- promotes biliary excretion
- stops bleeding,
- restores the body after overwork, tones well,
- has a tonic effect and increases the body's resistance to the influence of adverse environmental factors,
- has a neuroprotective effect,
- stimulates the central nervous system,
- maintains a high level of energy potential of the brain,
- improves cognitive function
- accelerates oxidation processes,
- accelerates wound healing.
The beginning of scientific research was laid in the 60s of the 20th century. In 1961 an expedition led by G. Krylov was conducted, during which scientists managed to find a plant in the taiga of the mountainous Altai. According to the research results, the plant was introduced into scientific medicine and began to be used in the form of a liquid extract with adaptogenic and stimulating properties.
Numerous studies have been conducted to study the effect of plants on the CNS. Plant preparations alter the bioelectrical activity of the brain and improve cognitive functions: due to the increase in resistance to stress factors, memory and the ability to memorize information are improved.
It is reported about the positive effect of plant drugs to eliminate the side effects of psychotropic therapy for schizophrenia.
A number of studies have proven that roseola rosea can improve physical performance. In an experiment conducted on animals (white rats), a decrease in the rate of glycolysis, the amount of lactic acid in muscles, the preservation of high levels of phospholipids in muscles and liver, and blood sugar after 2 hours of swimming in individuals treated with the plant preparation was recorded.
The possibility of using plant preparations as hepatoprotectors is also being considered. In animals, it has been proven to be effective as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent in liver damage induced by organophosphorus compounds.
Rhodiola rosea - a powerful adaptogen that has a visible effect after the first use of the drug! But you can not take daily plant preparations without a reason. Constant stimulation of the body, even if with herbal preparations, can lead to the opposite effect.
Rhodiola is used in many diseases and pathological conditions, and is characterized by a whole range of pharmacological properties. The most common indications for the use of plant preparations:
- poor appetite
- metabolic disorders,
- physical and mental fatigue,
- asthenic condition after long illness,
- inflammatory processes
- allergic reactions
- radiation damage (acute and chronic),
- reduced visual acuity
- bad hearing
- pulmonary tuberculosis,
- oncological diseases,
- bone fracture
- primary and secondary amenorrhea,
- gynecological diseases (adnexitis, polycystic ovary, fibrocystic mastopathy),
- early menopause,
- late puberty
- wounds, skin lesions, rashes, boils.
Often used gold root for men and women: helps with impotence and is indicated for many diseases of the female reproductive system. Preparations of the plant strengthen the work of the sex glands, stimulate the ovaries and are widely used in the treatment of early menopause. The plant has a positive effect on potency, and its effectiveness is higher than that of ginseng root.
It is proved that the plant enhances the effect of cytostatics, causing necrosis of cancer cells: the shell, nucleus and parts of the cell are destroyed, which leads to its death.
The unique plant has found its application in cosmetology. The extract of the golden root has a positive effect on the fading, sensitive skin, improves its overall condition. The rich biologically active composition allows the use of plant extracts in various creams to give them stimulating and adaptogenic properties, slowing down the aging process of the skin, increasing resistance to adverse environmental factors.
Cosmetics with a golden root:
- normalize metabolic processes in the skin,
- improve energy metabolism in cells
- accelerates skin regeneration,
- minimizes transepidermal fluid loss,
- increase the barrier function of the skin,
- slow down the aging process
- reduce the level of depression.
The most popular cosmetics with a golden root: day cream for sensitive skin from Natura Siberika, face cream "Pure Line", day cream "Recipes of grandmother Agafi."
Vis Rhodiola Rose Extract Capsules
Herbal complex with golden root and vitamin C, characterized by a stimulating, tonic and tonic effect. It is recommended to improve physical and mental performance, acclimatization during flights, recovery of health after prolonged illnesses. Used in sports - before and after workouts, it helps to achieve better results and recover from the load rather.
Dry vegetable raw materials used for the preparation of water and alcohol preparations, decoctions, teas, which are characterized by high adaptogens and stimulating properties. The instructions to the golden root describes how to prepare this or that tool.
Also, the plant is part of various herbal teas and fees.
Golden root tincture on vodka for hypotension
- Take 50 grams. dry the root of the plant, grind to a powdery consistency, pour 2 cups of vodka. Insist in the dark for 14 days, shake occasionally. Strain the tincture.
- Take 20-30 drops 3 times a day. 30 minutes before meals. You can start taking with 5 drops, gradually bring the volume to the recommended.
Tincture on the golden root for colds and heart weakness, nervous diseases and pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract
- Take 10 grams. roots, chop and pour 1 cup boiling water. Leave on for 4 hours to infuse and strain.
- Take half a cup 3 times a day. It is externally used as an effective wound-healing agent for treating wounds, cuts, and for rinsing the oral cavity in case of sore throat.
- Improves the work of the heart, blood vessels, making them more durable. It helps with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, uterine bleeding, with impotence, improves the functioning of the thyroid gland and normalizes blood sugar levels. Eliminates headache and toothache. Can be used externally to wipe the skin.
- Take 20 grams. roots, chop and pour 500 ml of boiling water, stand on low heat for 10 minutes. Leave to infuse until cool, then strain.
- Take 50 ml 3 times a day.
- It has a strong stimulating effect on the central nervous system, which is superior to the effect of black teas and coffee. Therefore, to take it every day is not worth it, but only when it is necessary.
- Take 1 tsp. root (pre-crushed) and pour 1 liter of water, boil for 10 minutes. and insist another 40 min. in a warm place.
- Take 2-3 glasses during the day (no later than 4 hours before bedtime), if desired, add sugar or honey to the drink.
Collection to strengthen the immune system
- Take 20 grams. Rhodiola roots, hips and roots zamanihi. Add 15 gr. hawthorn fruit, 15 gr. dry nettle, 10 g. Hypericum herbs, mix. 1 tbsp. collection pour a glass of boiling water, put for 10 minutes on a small fire. Leave on for 4 hours and leave to cover under a lid and strain. The resulting volume is diluted with 200 ml of boiling water.
- Take 70 ml 3 times a day.
Tincture from anemia and diseases of the female reproductive system
- It also helps with age-related collapse, impotence, pulmonary tuberculosis, liver pathologies and diabetes.
- Take 100 grams. chopped roots and pour them 400 ml of good vodka. Put in a dark place for 7 days.
- Take 30-40 drops 3 times a day. 30 minutes before meals.
Collection from colds and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
- Take in equal parts Rhodiola pink, Bergenia, blackberry leaves, strawberries, raspberries, black currants, flowers of shrubby cinquefoil, St. John's wort flowers and thyme, mix everything. Take 3 tbsp. dry collection and pour them 1 liter of boiling water, insist 60 minutes. Add honey or sugar to taste.
- Take 1-2 cups per day.
- Hypertensive crisis.
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular and central nervous systems.
- Post-influenza encephalitis.
- Children's age up to 12 years.
- Severe excitability.
- Increased temperature.
- Individual intolerance.
It is very important to observe the dosage described in recipes or prescribed by a doctor - this is a guarantee that no side effects will occur. Preparations are taken no later than 4 hours before bedtime.
In rare cases, the following undesirable effects may develop:
- discomfort in the heart,
In patients who suffer from hypotension caused by menopause, IRR or diencephalitis, plant preparations can lead to a sharp increase or decrease in pressure, which leads to a deterioration of health in general.
With the development of any side effects, treatment is immediately stopped.
What is Golden Root - description of the medicinal plant
The plant received its name due to an unusual rhizome, and if more precisely, but due to its unusual color, which somehow resembles gilding.
Although the Golden Root this plant is more commonly called the people. In medical circles, the second name is more common - Rhodiola rosea.
This is a perennial plant from the family of cradle grass. Rhodiola is unusually rich in various microelements and has a truly rich composition, numbering more than 140 of the most diverse trace elements. You can learn them by reading the table below, and this is how the plant and its roots look like.
Medicinal properties of Rhodiola rosea or what is treated with it
Rhodiola rosea has very extensive healing properties and is used in the complex treatment of a number of diseases, namely:
- with metabolic disorders
- poor appetite
- with vegetative - vascular dystonia
- neurosis, varying severity
- as a reducing agent after serious and prolonged illnesses
- with various allergic reactions
- with poor eyesight or hearing
- with tuberculosis
- for various oncological diseases
- for fractures as an aid
- with menorrhagia
- for various gynecological diseases
- with menopause
- male impotence
- with oligospermia
- with migraines and headaches
- with sore throat and other colds
- for various skin problems (rashes, blisters, wounds, etc.)
- with conjunctivitis
Various preparations based on the golden root is an excellent solution if it is necessary to normalize the functioning of the nervous system, eliminate overwork symptoms and increase vitality.
Tincture on the basis of the golden root perfectly helps with reduced pressure. Within a few days after the start of the reception, you will be amazed at the effect! The usual lethargy and fatigue will disappear, you will be filled with energy, your working capacity will increase.
Very well, Golden Root has established itself among the male population, since with its help men coped with impotence many decades ago.
Another field in which the Golden Root has gained respect and fame is its unique ability to restore and stimulate forces, both physical and mental. This is so energetic so energetic!
Try during the period of strong brain overloads (work, study, exams) to drink the tincture of the Golden Root and you will be surprised to find for yourself that you have lost a feeling of excitement and anxiety, and your memory has become much better.
I always recommend to my acquaintances whose children take the exam in preparation for exams and take medications based on Rhodiola rosea directly in front of them. Everyone says only thank you!
Possible side effects
Side effects from taking drugs based on Rhodiola rosea, usually occur after an overdose. Therefore, it is very important to observe the proportions (if you prepare the tincture or infusion yourself) and the recommended dosage (if you are taking the finished product).
And the side effects may be the following:
- state of increased sleepiness
- noticeable decrease in working capacity
- allergy (in rare cases)
- pressure increase
Important! It was revealed that the Golden Root affects the contraceptive drugs, therefore, it is better for women who are protected from pregnancy with the help of pills to refuse this combination.
In addition, Rhodiola may interfere with the action of some diabetes drugs. Therefore, although many people write that Golden Root is used in diabetes, I do not recommend doing this! Diabetes is a serious disease and it is simply unwise to try to treat it with herbal preparations!
The use of Golden Root in traditional medicine - complete instructions for use
The use of Rhodiola Rosea for medical purposes includes using it in the following forms:
- Tincture on alcohol or vodka (the most effective remedy, since alcohol is best pulls out their useful substances from any medicinal plants)
- Water infusion - also used quite often, but not as effective. Mainly used for external use.
- Gold root decoction - there are situations when the use of alcohol in the preparation of medicines is unacceptable! In this case, you can use the decoction of Rhodiola, which has proven itself quite well in a number of diseases, such as gastrointestinal diseases, headaches, uterine bleeding, etc.
- Herbal preparations - in this case, not only Golden Root is used, but also other medicinal plants. There are a lot of such fees and their use is justified by the fact that there are many plants that complement and enhance the therapeutic effect of each other.
- Bada - there are many dietary supplements prepared on the basis of the extract of this plant. You can find them in any pharmacy, but in this article I will not consider them, as they are very effective in losing the rest of the forms of use. I recommend preparing the medicine on your own, buying whole, dry roots.
Golden root tincture with vodka or alcohol
As I said, tincture of the Golden Root on alcohol is considered the most effective means of using this plant. This option is most preferable to use if there are no contraindications. Preparing alcohol tincture is very simple:
- They take the dry roots of Rhodiola Rosea in the amount of 50 grams, are ground to a powder (a coffee grinder can be used) or simply rubbed on a coarse grater, put in a glass bottle (ideally from dark glass) and filled with vodka (0.5 l.) Or alcohol with a strength not higher than 70 degrees.
- Infusion is infused exactly 2 weeks in any dark place at room temperature. Once every 2 days, it is desirable to shake it so that the healing substances of Rhodiola are better combined with alcohol.
- Take the tincture of 15 - 20 drops (about a teaspoon), 3 times a day, half an hour before meals.
- The course of treatment is usually 25 days. If necessary, it is repeated after a 10 day break.
Important! Alcohol tincture must be taken courses (20 - 25 days) with breaks between them (10 days). Otherwise, there is a risk of various side effects.
In addition, the last intake of tincture should be no later than 4 hours before bedtime, otherwise problems with sleep may occur.
To enhance mental and physical activity (suitable for students and students who pass the exam)
If you feel chronic fatigue every day, you have an EGE or other serious exams on your nose, then the following recipe is suitable, which includes 3 courses of treatment following one after the other.
Each course of treatment is 1 month, after which a break is also required in 1 month, therefore, it is necessary to calculate the time of treatment in advance and start taking it somewhere 5-6 months before the exams.
- Preparing alcohol tincture according to the above recipe. Reception begins with 5 drops, daily increasing their number by 1.
- Half a month after the start of administration, that is, on day 15, the number of drops is reduced in inverse proportion, by the end of the treatment having reached the same 5 drops with which the treatment began.
- Drops can be dissolved in a small amount of water or drink without dissolving. After the end of the 1st course - a mandatory break for 1 month.
- Alcohol tincture of Golden Root is drunk in 25 drops each, without reducing or increasing their quantity throughout the course.
- It is better to drink in the morning, on an empty stomach, once a day. The course is 30 days, then the same break.
- The tincture is drunk once a day, in the morning, after eating 25 drops. The course of treatment is 1 month.
It’s no secret that for modern schoolchildren the Unified State Examination was not just an exam, it was a great stress, which is very difficult to overcome without help. Those parents whose children passed the exam can confirm this. This recipe will help to cope with stress and safely survive a difficult period. By the way, parents will be very welcome to receive tincture too!
Tincture Rhodiola with oncology is taken before chemotherapy, as an adjuvant or simply for prevention, for those who are afraid of cancer.
- Before chemotherapy, they start receiving 1 week from 20 drops, gradually increasing their number to 40 (drink every morning on an empty stomach).
- It is also possible during the course of chemotherapy to reduce its toxic effects on the body and increase the level of white blood cells in the blood. To do this, start receiving 5 days before the procedure.
- Accept alcohol tincture 3 times a day before meals, diluting 30 drops in 50 ml of water
Water infusion Golden root
Water infusion Rhodiola is mainly used for colds, heart and gastrointestinal diseases or for external use in various skin diseases, wounds, boils, etc .. It is prepared elementary:
- 20 grams of the roots of Rhodiola rosea need to grind in a coffee grinder or grate on a coarse grater and just pour 2 cups of boiling water, leaving to infuse for about 4 hours.
- Before taking the infusion need to filter.
- At 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
Golden root infusion
Water infusion of gold root is made as follows: take about 20 grams of raw materials and boil it for at least 10 minutes in one liter of water. Then pour the mixture into a thermos and insist day. Infusion is necessary to use 1 tablespoon for half an hour before each meal. This treatment should last for about 15 days. After a full two-week break, if there is a need, such a course of treatment can be repeated without any side effects.
Golden root decoction
Such a wonderful decoction is indispensable for scurvy and toothache. For its preparation will require 1 teaspoon of raw materials and 900 grams of water. Cook means should be at least 5 minutes. After the decoction has cooled, you can use it instead of tea, but not more than two glasses a day. If desired, honey can be added to the broth to taste.
Golden root extract
This extract is an excellent means to increase attention, to reduce fatigue, with neurosis and stress. Pharmaceutical version of the extract of gold root should be taken 2 times a day, 8-10 drops 20 minutes before meals for two to three weeks. It contributes to the normalization of excitatory processes, is effective in sexual impotence and impotence. Often it is prescribed for amenorrhea, tonsillitis, hypotension. Due to the use of golden root extract, increased mental stress will not adversely affect the human body.
Golden root treatment
Acceptance of the golden root has a positive effect on the entire human body. The use of extract increases attention and enhances memory. To strengthen the immune system and increase stress resistance, it is recommended to take tincture of the golden root. In addition, the plant will not allow overwork and reduce mental activity during hard work.
How to drink golden root?
Purchased pharmacy extract of golden root can be used as an effective stimulant for stress, nervous and physical exhaustion, as well as for vascular dystonia and increased fatigue. As a rule, 10–12 drops of the drug are prescribed three times a day 20 minutes before meals. You can prepare such a wonderful tincture at home. To do this, pour the shredded roots with vodka in a ratio of 1: 5. During the week the mixture will be infused, after which it can be taken by 15 drops before each meal. This course of treatment is intended to stimulate the internal forces of the body and increase resistance to the adverse effects of the external environment.
What does golden root treat?
Various remedies from the golden root are prescribed for asthenic conditions, with overwork, with serious neurosis, hypotension and hypertension (the root normalizes pressure, reduces heartbeat), with diabetes, during intensive mental work, as well as with amenorrhea and impotence. On average, the treatment of golden root extract varies from 10 to 22 days. In addition, you can use this extract externally. It is effective as a wound-healing agent for small cuts, for periodontal disease, as well as for angina. Vodka tincture from rhizomes is used to strengthen the body, with headaches, with tuberculosis, with strong uterine bleeding and various chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It should also be noted that drugs and tinctures are shown with a decrease in erection and impotence, as well as with infertility.
Decoction of the roots of Rhodiola rosea
The decoction has more effective properties than the infusion and is used for diseases of the thyroid gland, gastrointestinal tract, uterine bleeding, sore throat, headaches and tooth pain, as well as an external means of use. It is prepared as follows:
- 20 grams of dry roots are crushed and poured with 0.5 liters of boiling water, then put on the stove and boil over low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Then, covered with a lid, leave to infuse until completely cooled.
Accept, by strain, 50 ml. 3 times a day. The last reception is not later than 4 hours before bedtime.
Important! Such a decoction is the strongest tonic! Much stronger than strong tea or ground coffee. Therefore, it is not recommended to take a long time or at night!
Herbal Fees with Rhodiola Rosea
Herbal collections in which the Golden Root is just one of the components are also quite common. There are different fees: for raising immunity, for colds, for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, etc. By the way, immunity is best restored with the help of echinacea tincture.
As a rule, the herbs in them are selected in such a way as to comprehensively affect any one problem and at the same time strengthen and complement the healing effect of each other.
You can purchase such fees with Rhodiola at the pharmacy, at your place of residence or by ordering them online. Who is interested, ask in the comments, tell you where to stay and where to buy.
In conclusion, I want to say that if you have not tried Golden Root, you have lost a lot! It costs relatively little, preparations based on it are prepared elementary, and its medicinal properties have long been recognized even by traditional medicine!
In the absence of contraindications Rhodiola rosea can become your assistant in the difficult task of maintaining health!
Subscribe to our VKontakte news! The group publishes what is not on the site. I promise a lot of useful and interesting information, tips and long-forgotten recipes of traditional medicine for all occasions!
What is the golden root
Rhodiola rosea is a medicinal plant, distributed mainly in latitudes with a cold climate (it grows in Russia in Altai, Yakutia, the Urals, Eastern Siberia). The flowering period of the golden root falls on the middle of the summer. The flowers have a yellowish tint, sometimes green, the plant emits a characteristic smell, reminiscent of the smell of rose oil.
The first mention of the healing properties of the golden root date back to 50 AD. The plant was used primarily in Asian countries for the treatment of a wide range of diseases. Rhodiola rosea is composed of essential oils, organic acids, trace elements that destroy microbes, have an immunostimulating effect, accelerate the process of skin regeneration.
The healing properties of Rhodiola Rosea
In Russia, medicine uses this plant to normalize many health problems. Drugs based on the golden root correct the work of the digestive, reproductive, cardiovascular and central nervous systems. In addition, the extract of Rhodiola Rose stimulates the increase in immunity in adults and children, improves physical and psycho-emotional states.
From natural golden root, obtained by drying, make lotions, decoctions for rubbing and ingestion, teas, extract is added to drugs. Also, the plant is used to relieve stress, with severe fatigue, decreased performance, poor memory, joint pain. With colds, dry root is used to improve immunity and drink as a decoction. When toothache make lotions on bleeding gums to relieve inflammation.
Golden root for men
After much research by medicine, it was proved that Rhodiola Rosea for potency is a very effective means of promoting male power. In addition, a few drops of golden root tincture have a stimulating effect on the nervous system. For men, this plant has the following effect: it increases the time of sexual intercourse and prevents rapid ejaculation. Impotence can be cured after regular use for 3 weeks. If there are contraindications or side effects, stop taking it.
In folk medicine
At home, Rhodiola Rosea can be used for almost any therapeutic purpose. Traditional medicine offers a large number of recipes for solving many health problems. To prepare one or another decoction, tea, you need to buy golden root in a dry form, it can be found in pharmacies. It can also be found in the form of tinctures and tablets. The use of this plant should be cautious - in case of overdose and the presence of contraindications may be dangerous for health consequences.
Healing properties of the golden root
The excellent stimulating effect of the golden root allows you to increase the mental, physical and mental abilities of a person. Its use allows you to improve the process of memorization, will help to increase the ability to concentrate. Golden Root improves metabolic processes, helps to optimize energy metabolism in muscles, tissues, brain.
Also, Rhodiola Rosea is designed to strengthen the immune system, has a sedative property and improves sleep.
Thus, Rhodiola is shown in the following cases:
- if necessary, strengthen the body, improve performance,
- in the treatment of neuroses caused by stress and overwork,
- with hypotension,
- with vascular dystonia,
- for diseases of the joints
- in the treatment of diabetes.
Rhodiola is also prescribed for anemia, mental fatigue. В последнем случае растение снижает действие нагрузок на головной мозг и весь организм в целом.In case of sore throat and toothache, you can rinse your mouth and throat with golden root decoction, and for cuts, wounds, apply a lotion on the basis of this plant or wipe the wounded area with decoction, fast healing and the absence of pain are guaranteed.
However, you should not consider the golden root panacea. Contraindications he has, like any plant. First of all, they include intolerance of the component, which is manifested in each individual. Do not use products that contain Rhodiola, people who suffer from headaches and hypertension, as well as if there is a fever. It is better to refuse to take medicines, decoctions and other medical procedures based on Rhodiola Rosea, if the patient has a strong emotional experience, hysteria. But after a person calms down, rests, he can offer tea from the golden root. The drink will return strength, because after the emotional explosions, their decline is noted, will help calm down, fall asleep. Children under one year, pregnant women and nursing mothers should also not use gold root-based products.
The main forms of taking Rhodiola Rosea
In this or that disease, various forms can be used. So, for the treatment of diabetes, anemia, in certain types of gastrointestinal diseases, neurosis, fatigue and toothache, use a tincture of golden root. Her preparation is as follows: the roots of Rhodiola need to be washed and dried, after - chop. Then pour a lot of vodka or alcohol and insist from 2 to 4 weeks. Specific proportions and method of reception are dictated by the nature of the disease.
Otherwise, preparing the infusion: 2 tablespoons chopped root should be poured with a liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. The resulting infusion is poured into a thermos and insisted so during the day.
Rhodiola decoction is also used. To make it, you will need 1 teaspoon of herbs, which are poured with 900 ml of water and boiled for 5 minutes.
It should be borne in mind that the infusion is a more concentrated form than a decoction. Therefore, the first is applied in smaller doses. The decoction can replace herbal tea, because it is allowed to drink during the day.
Finally, in pharmacies, you can purchase a ready-to-use composition based on golden root - its extract. It is indicated for fatigue, sore throats, hypotension, also copes with sexual impotence.
Rhodiola rosea: natural antidepressant
Rhodiola rosea (golden root) can become a natural antidepressant, in its effectiveness comparable to drugs, whose healing properties are soothing, suppressing depressive disorders and fatigue. The plant acts on the brain due to the release of serotonin hormones, known hormones of joy and pleasure. At the same time, there is a struggle with stress and frustration. In addition, Rhodiola Rosea enhances the psycho-emotional resistance of the body, so further stresses and emotional overloads are not terrible.
For the treatment of small disorders or in the excited state, tea is recommended, based on Rhodiola. Golden root should be crushed and a teaspoon of herbs pour a liter of boiling water. Then the broth must be boiled for 10 minutes and let stand for an hour. Ready tea is filtered and consumed 2-3 times a day. If desired, you can put a spoonful of honey or lemon in the tea.
In addition to the antidepressant, soothing effect, tea based on Rhodiola will save from digestive disorders, will have a tonic effect for colds.
Rhodiola rosea: a remedy for hypotension
Hypotension, or low blood pressure, can act as a primary disease or be the result of a disease. Consultation with a doctor and examination will help establish the root cause and prescribe treatment. However, along with drugs that increase the pressure, it may be effective to receive such a remedy as tincture on a gold root. The natural ingredients that make up it minimize the appearance of an allergic reaction.
For its preparation will require golden root, vodka or alcohol. You must first do the workpiece. Wash and chop the golden root, the workpiece should be 50-60 grams. It is poured ½ liter of vodka or alcohol. Future tincture should be shaken and placed for 2 weeks in a dark place. After the specified period, the tincture is again shaken, filtered.
Tincture of the golden root in vodka is applied on half a teaspoon 2 times a day. The treatment course is at least 2 weeks.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of joints
Diseases of the joints form a fairly large group. Each of them has its own symptoms and causes. However, the unifying factor is acute pain in the joints, reduction of the human motor activity. It is clear that only a doctor will be able to make a diagnosis, he will prescribe a treatment.
Traditional medicine for the treatment of joints recommends the use of golden root. The feedback from those who followed the advice is impressive: after the first use, the pain subsides, and the movement is much easier. And with regular use of natural remedies problems with the joints go away forever.
For the treatment of joints is used both externally and internally golden root. The use of external implies the imposition of compresses and rubbing on painful areas. They need to prepare the tincture: grind 40 grams of Rhodiola, and then pour the resulting gruel ½ liter of alcohol. The tincture is aged in the dark for 3 weeks.
Tincture rubbing the joints, making massage movements. You must feel the heat. Then you can cover the rubbed part of the body with a cotton cloth, and put a woolen over it. This will provide a warming effect, enhance the healing effect.
As the compress is used all the same tincture. It is necessary to soak, and very thoroughly, a gauze napkin that is folded several times. Then a compress is applied to diseased joints, loosely fixed with a bandage, covered with a warm cloth. After 2 hours, the compress is removed.
Rubbing and compresses should be done daily. It is better to carry out the procedure at bedtime so that the joints are in a calm position and the heated limbs are not cold.
In parallel with the rubbing and compresses of tincture, based on the golden root, its internal use is also necessary. Reception is carried out on 2 teaspoons 3 times a day before meals. The treatment course is a month.
Osteochondrosis is also a type of joint disease, which is a displacement of intervertebral discs. Treatment of osteochondrosis must be entrusted to a doctor who will prescribe medications in combination with physical therapy. However, the disease is extremely painful, which will help remove the golden root. Painful places are recommended to be treated with tincture of golden root. Do not make with this strong movements, so as not to aggravate the disease.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of diabetes
A disease characterized by insulin deficiency is called diabetes. Treatment involves the compensation of impaired metabolism, in particular the violation of carbohydrate deficiency. Treatment is carried out by means of official medicine, the doctor prescribes a complex of sugar-lowering drugs, special diets and other procedures. As an adjunct used golden root. Instructions for its use in this case looks like this: combine 1 tablespoon of crushed roots of Rhodiola rosea and blueberry leaves. The preform is filled with 400 ml of boiled water and infused for at least 3 hours. Apply remedy to ½ cup 2 times a day before meals.
There is another recipe that uses golden root, a tincture of a plant in particular. You can buy it at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself using the method described above.
So, you should pour 5 dried sheets of laurel ½ liter of boiling water. The broth should be infused for 4 hours, after which it must be filtered. Then to it is added 1 tablespoon of tincture based on Rhodiola.
The resulting composition is used 3 times a day, a single dose of 0.3 cups of broth.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of the cardiovascular system
In the treatment of many cardiovascular diseases, the golden root can be used as an additional means, whose healing properties have a beneficial effect on the heart. This happens due to the specific substance contained in the plant - glycoside. It has a positive effect on the heart, increasing the rest period of the heart muscle and increasing its contraction. Such optimization of the cardiac cycle is what is needed in the treatment of most heart diseases.
The popularity of Rhodiola as an additional method of treating the heart is explained by the fact that it improves the rhythm, but it is completely harmless.
So, for the treatment of tachycardia, that is, rapid heartbeat, shown herbal teas, based on - the golden root. Recipes of such teas may be as follows:
- Collection with Melissa, St. John's wort and rhodiola. The first step is to prepare and mix the components of the tea. They are taken in the following proportions: 1 tablespoon of crushed rhodiola root, 2 tablespoons of yarrow herb, lemon balm leaves and hypericum leaves. The billet is thoroughly mixed, after which 1 tablespoon of herbs is taken from it, which is filled with 400 ml of boiled water. Next, the broth insist 3-4 hours. It is necessary to drink this "medicine" in small sips once a day in a volume of 100 ml.
- Gathering with rhodiola and hawthorn. You should take 1 tablespoon of pre-crushed Rhodiola Rosea root, 3 tablespoons of lemon balm and hawthorn fruit. Then each component should be filled with a glass of boiling water (180-200 ml) and infused for 4 hours. The final stage is the mixing of all the individual broths. The resulting drink should be consumed 2 times a day, 200 ml. Better to do it between meals.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of atherosclerosis
Rhodiola rosea is actively used to treat atherosclerosis. The disease is a chronic affliction, in which the walls of blood vessels are covered with special deposits - atherosclerotic plaques, which over time close the lumen of the vessel.
The use of Rhodiola in patients with atherosclerosis leads to some improvement in the condition, helps to reduce the formation of plaques on the walls of blood vessels.
As a medicine, teas based on golden root are used. Take 2 tablespoons of crushed roots of this plant and crushed dry leaves of yarrow and 1 tablespoon of horsetail grass, hawthorn flowers, white mistletoe grass. All components should be mixed thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then 1 tablespoon of dry collection pour a glass of boiling water. After 2 hours of infusion tea is filtered. The resulting drink should be sipped during the day. The course of treatment with this broth is 1.5 - 2 months, after which a break of 1-2 months should follow.
More simple in preparation, but no less effective collection: it requires to take 2 tablespoons of chopped golden root, St. John's wort, as well as 1 tablespoon of yarrow herb. All components are filled with a glass of boiled water and infused for 3 hours. Strained broth ready for use, it should be consumed within 24 hours.
Rhodiola Rosea: Impotence Treatment
Rhodiola Rosea is another remarkable feature - it is able to cope with such a masculine ailment as impotence. Thus, the golden root for men is an amazing, effective and natural way to solve problems of an intimate nature. The action of the golden root is aimed at improving the activity of the sex glands. In addition, the plant is able to cope with diseases of the genitourinary system in men. To increase the potency is also shown golden root, the tincture of which is much more effective tincture of ginseng root.
Tincture is prepared as follows: 30 gr. Rhodiola root, washed and crushed, filled with vodka in a volume of 300 ml. After this, the tincture should be given time to infuse in a dark cool place - usually it takes 2-3 weeks. After a specified time, the tincture is ready for use. It is necessary to use 25 drops of golden root tincture 3 times a day. The treatment course is 15 days.
Rhodiola rosea: to enhance immunity
Rhodiola rosea is also used to protect the immunity, which contributes to an increase in the body’s defense reactions and its resistance to aggressive environmental influences. In addition, the plant gives strength, so it is recommended in the form of decoctions in the postoperative period or at the time of recovery after a serious illness. In addition to protection, Rhodiola improves the overall condition, gives strength, so necessary for recovery. In addition, the patient's mood improves, which also “works” for a speedy recovery.
To prepare a true "decoction of health", based on Rhodiola Rosea, it is necessary to pour its crushed rhizomes. The weight of the resulting raw material - 20 grams. Then it is necessary to pour 200 ml of boiling water. Broth should stand for 25 minutes. After which it can be filtered and drunk. 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals in the amount of 150 ml.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of gastric diseases
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract occur in every second resident of the city, and there is a tendency towards rejuvenation of the disease. Today it is found in most schoolchildren.
Herbal cure of diseases of this group, such as gastritis, pancreatitis, duodenal ulcer, is not always possible. However, the reception of some of them is able to relieve pain, restore the microflora. Such properties has a golden root. In addition, it contributes to the healing of ulcers, which, together with proper nutrition, can be a panacea for the disease.
For gastritis and ulcers, it is recommended to use a plant infused on a water basis, in other words, teas and decoctions. The recipe is extremely simple: 2 tablespoons of the crushed rhizomes of Rhodiola pour 400 grams of boiling water and insist 3 hours. Drink the broth should be sips during the day. The resulting volume of broth is designed for the day.
Rhodiola rosea: treatment of children
Special attention is always worth treatment methods and medicines that are intended for use by children. As for the golden root, it can be safely used as wound healing rubbing and compresses for children. With toothache and sore throat, you can also gargle with a decoction of the golden root throat and mouth cavity. But the reception of compositions on the basis of this plant should be carried out only after consultation with the pediatrician and a more narrow specialist. For example, if a child has gastritis, then before using rhodiola, consult a pediatrician and a gastroenterologist. In addition, children under one year old are not allowed to take a golden root.
Rhodiola rosea for general healing
In addition to the treatment of specific diseases, Rhodiola rosea has been used since ancient times as a preventive and general health remedy. It restores the body, increases the ability of immunity to withstand the effects of the environment, gives vivacity. To prepare this truly “living water”, take 1 part of ground rhodiola and pour 10 parts of vodka on it. The composition should be kept in a dark place for 14 days, periodically, every 3-4 days, shaking the bottle. After the specified time, the tincture is filtered, and it is ready for use.
Apply the tool 3 times a day, a teaspoon before meals. In that case, if you have worsened sleep, appeared insomnia, cancel the evening reception of Rhodiola.
Instead of epilogue
Thus, Rhodiola Rosea is a powerful, broad-spectrum medicinal plant. It has a stimulating, healing, healing effect. Not many people know that the weak decoction of the golden root is used to treat wounds, cuts, they also gargle with a sore throat.
People regained their health using golden root. Medicinal properties, reviews of which confirm this, are impressive. All those who used natural remedies say that after the first days of use there is an improvement, pain and anxiety disappear. And after the course of phyto procedures, a noticeable improvement and improvement of the organism as a whole is felt.
It is possible to increase the immunity and strengthen the body with the help of self-made tincture of pink radioli.
- Chopped root (10 grams), pour vodka or alcohol (100 milliliters).
- Capacity to close and put in a dark place.
- Shake the mixture once every three days.
- After two weeks, strain the tincture.
The remedy is taken before breakfast, lunch and dinner 1 teaspoon.
This tincture can also be used to treat colitis, gastritis, toothache, neurosis, anemia.
To increase the strength of the body and immunity, you can use a decoction of dried leaves of Rhodiola Rosea. Recipe:
- chop dried leaves and pour hot water (for 1 tsp - 1 liter),
- insist 15 minutes in a water bath,
You can drink the decoction during the day instead of tea.
От гипотонии чаще всего страдают женщины. Она может быть признаком какого-либо заболевания, поэтому рекомендуется обратиться к врачу. Если доктор порекомендовал вам принимать золотой корень, то в этом случае поможет настойка. Ее нужно будет приготовить по вышеописанному рецепту. Применять настойку следует в течение месяца по 1 чайной ложке перед сном.
Golden root plant - use for depression
The use of the therapeutic properties of Rhodiola Rosea will help to cope with depression, since the plant is a natural antidepressant. In this case, tea will be a good remedy. Recipe:
- chop the root and pour boiling water (for 1 tsp - 900 ml),
- cover the kettle and let it brew for a few minutes.
Take 10 minutes before meals three times a day.
Treatment of vessels and heart
Restore the cardiovascular system is recommended using herbal tea, which includes:
- golden root - 2 tsp,
- hawthorn fruits - 5-6 pieces,
- St. John's wort - 1 tbsp. lt
- Melissa - 1 tbsp. l
The ingredients are mixed, poured into a thermos and poured boiling water. After 45 minutes, the tea is filtered and applied two weeks twice a day.
Properly prepared tincture taken for the prevention and treatment of the following diseases:
To prepare any means of golden root, you must first do the processing and preparation of the root itself. It needs to be thoroughly washed and dried. For thorough washing you will need a brush or brush, which will help to completely get rid of dirt.
If the weather is not sunny, the root can be dried in the oven over low heat. It will take at least 3 hours to do this. After this time, the resulting raw materials still need to be taken to the air for a week. During this time, in sunny weather, it will definitely dry out and it can then be collected in a container and left for winter for storage.
For the preparation of any recipe, dry root must be crushed. This can be done in several ways, which will eventually make it a powder. Dry powder is poured with alcohol or vodka and infused for 2-4 weeks. The proportions for the preparation of the prescription will be different for each individual disease. The method of administration and dosage for each case will be different.
To prepare the infusion, used 2 tbsp. l shredded root rhodiola. The powder is poured with a liter of water, and boiled for 15 minutes. The resulting fat should be poured into a thermos and insist day.
To get a decoction1 tsp required herbs and 900 ml of boiled water. The grass is poured boiling water and put on the fire for another 5 minutes.
For those who like to self-medicate, I would like to say that the infusion of this plant will be more concentrated than the decoction. For this reason, it is taken in small doses. If it is not possible to prepare a decoction at home, then you can buy phytotea at the pharmacy, where the concentration of golden root will be very small. This drink can be drunk at any time throughout the day.
Pharmacists have produced an extract based on golden root, which is sold ready to use. It can be taken with angina, with severe fatigue and under reduced pressure. It will be useful for men too., as it will help to cope with impotence.
Rhodiola Rosea Root - Natural Antidepressant
It can be compared in properties with the drug. With it, you can not only calm down, but also suppress depressive disorder, fatigue. Due to the fact that the plant acts on the brain, serotonin hormones are released, which are known to people as hormones of joy and pleasure. If you regularly take this tool, then the body's resistance to various stresses will increase. Stresses that will happen in the future will not be scary, as the body will not react so violently to them.
As an antidepressant, the plant is taken as a therapeutic tea. Chopped root in the amount of 1 tsp, poured with a liter of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes and infused for 1 hour. The resulting broth is filtered and used as a tea 2-3 times a day. Instead of sugar, you can put honey in it and add lemon - it will be both tasty and healthy.
This tea from Rhodiola improves digestion, has a tonic effect for colds. Use during illness is mandatory.
Rhodiola root - a remedy for hypotension
Low blood pressure may be hereditary, and may be a consequence of the illness. Having addressed to the specialist in time and having made full inspection, it is possible to find the reason of this illness and to begin its treatment. Together with the main drugs that increase the pressure, should be taken tincture of Rhodiola. Natural ingredientswhich it contains will minimize the occurrence of an allergic reaction.
To make a healing drink you need 50–60 grams of chopped root, vodka or alcohol. The dry mixture is poured with liquid, in the amount of 0.5 liters, agitated and placed in a dark place for a week. When the specified time comes out, the tincture needs to be shaken and filtered again. Take it to 0.5 tsp. twice a day. Reception course 2 weeks.
Treatment of this disease carried out by drugs. Having done all the necessary tests, the doctor prescribes a set of medicines and prescribes diets. Along with them, it is worth using rhodiola. For the preparation of infusion need dry chopped roots of Rhodiola and blueberry leaves. Dry mix you need to take 1 tbsp. l and pour boiled water in the amount of 400 ml. Insist 3 hours, strain and take orally half a glass 2 times a day before meals.
For the preparation of the next recipe, you will need a tincture of Rhodiola Rosea, which you can do yourself using the first recipe, or you can use a ready-made, bought in a pharmacy.
It will take five dry leaves of laurel and half a liter of boiling water. Leaves pour and insist 4 hours. The resulting broth is filtered, to it is added to the finished tincture of Rhodiola, in the amount of 1 tbsp. l The resulting infusion is used 3 times a day, 70 grams.
Rhodiola root in the treatment of cardiovascular system
Rhodiola rosea quickly strengthens and cleanses the blood vessels, which helps to stop the bleeding, eases the condition in atherosclerosis. With hypotension, the pressure returns to normal, the heart rate during arrhythmia and tachycardia normalizes.
In this case, you can take any form drug, only in appropriate dosages.
Treatment of the gastrointestinal tract
Gastritis, gastric ulcer, pancreatitis is recommended to treat with decoction or infusion of the root. It is impossible to prepare a vodka tincture for treatment - it is contraindicated in this case. Regular root intake acts on the body:
- as a painkiller
- promotes wound healing
- restores intestinal microflora,
- promotes healing of the whole organism.
To the drugs prescribed by the doctor you need to add a decoction prepared according to a standard recipe. Diet, minimal exercise and prescribed pills must be taken. Root decoction should be drunk throughout the day in small sips.
Broth root has a very strong tonic effect, stronger than black tea or coffee. Often you can not drink it.
Doctors recommend taking the drug for women with early menopause. And alsowho have menstrual disorders, or uterine bleeding has begun.
Men using this drug will be able to get rid of various diseases of the genitourinary system, impotence, as well as improve the quality of sperm.
During prophylactic intake in healthy people, endurance increases.