People have long known healing properties of herbal teas. They were used not only for the treatment of ailments, but also as a preventive measure, increase of vitality, general health promotion. In addition, unlike chemical drugs, herbal teas are a completely natural product that has a pleasant taste and a wonderful aroma.
Herbal teas, tinctures, decoctions - all these drinks came to us from a distant past. Already in those days, their beneficial properties were used with might and main by people. Then every hostess was a little girl and knew what herbal teas to drink. All natural gifts were used: roots, herbs, berries.
From time immemorial, herbal preparations were prepared, which relieved fatigue, toned up in the morning, helped to fall asleep at a late hour. Healing teas eliminated diseases, restored the body's supply of vitamins and mineral trace elements. The best herbal teas are still used by people.
Properties of herbal teas
What is useful herbal tea? Recipes (at home, you can easily brew any tea) are varied not only in its content, but also by purpose. In addition to herbs, the collection may include various medicinal components: fruits, roots, buds. Sometimes in herbal tea and put traditional tea. Charges can contain up to ten components.
Herbal teas for tea can be divided by the effects on:
- Vitamin A.
Ready herbal teas can be purchased at any pharmacy and supermarket. However, it is hardly worth relying on their quality, because no one can guarantee that they are made from natural and environmentally friendly raw materials. Since we in everyday life consume a lot of non-natural products that are harmful to the body, we need natural herbs with all their beneficial properties to maintain health.
The best option is to self-assemble all the necessary plants. In itself, preparation is a very interesting and fascinating process that will bring you many pleasant moments of unity with nature. Only you should know the rules by which herbs are harvested.
In terms of dwelling in the metropolis and lack of time, not everyone will be able to allocate time to collect plants. Then you can advise to purchase all the necessary herbs on the market, as a rule, there are grandmothers selling ready-made plants.
How to brew tea?
We want to immediately note that only one plant is brewed for medicinal purposes. Then the finished drink will have a targeted action. And the tea will have a whole spectrum of therapeutic action, because it will contain a large number of biologically active substances that are contained in different plants. At the same time, our unique organisms independently select the necessary elements from the entire presented complex and direct them for processing into metabolic processes.
As a rule, herbal tea contains tonic and immunostimulating components. And most importantly, they do not have caffeine, so you can also give drinks to children.
The main components of teas
What is included in herbal tea? Recipes at home can come up with a variety. However, you should first understand what components are used in different situations.
So let's list the most frequently used components:
- Flowers of oregano, chamomile, linden, etc.
- Leaves of raspberry, mint, currant, strawberry.
- Herbal balm, oregano, sage, thyme, valerian, St. John's wort.
- Fruits of raspberry, hawthorn, sea buckthorn, currant, blackberry, mountain ash.
We emphasize once again that these are not all components, there are actually a lot of them. It is good to add different spices to the collections, they give a refined taste and aroma, as well as add additional vitamins. For such purposes, you can use cinnamon, vanilla, pepper, cloves.
It should be understood that any medicinal herbal tea (recipes at home can be invented and modified) does not have an instant effect. After all, this is not a pill, and therefore it takes some time. However, its regular use will help to cope with the problem. Herbal teas for every day (recipes we give in the article) will help to establish the processes inside the body:
- Savory and licorice are added to relieve stress in tea.
- With a cold, wormwood, sage, licorice root helps well.
- If you are prone to depression, you should regularly use St. John's wort, ginseng, rosemary.
- If you have pain in the stomach, then dandelion flowers, fennel seed and fennel are added to tea.
- With sleep disorders, tea with valerian, hop cones, chamomile, melissa, verbena helps to cope.
- If you are annoyed at the slightest reason, drink tea with valerian and lavender.
- To relax and calm you should use a drink made of lemon balm, hops, herbs of strawberry.
- When heart problems help motherwort.
- Lime tea (useful properties and contraindications will be discussed further) has a wide range of qualities - antiseptic, choleretic, expectorant, diaphoretic, diuretic action.
- Mint, thyme and sage will help to deal with frequent headaches.
You can add shredded ginger to any of these fees. It enhances the anti-inflammatory, expectorant, stimulating effect of tea on the body.
Everyday Multivitamin Herbal Teas
The recipes of such teas are not complicated, but the benefits of them are very large. They can be prepared on the basis of fruits and berries. Herbal and fruit teas are a storehouse of vitamins. Most of all the nutrients found in dogrose. Also still used for cooking broths mountain ash, blackberry, strawberry, black and red currants, sea buckthorn. Not only useful, but also delicious herbal teas are obtained by adding fragrant herbs: lemon balm, peppermint, oregano.
To get a multivitamin drink, all ingredients are put in equal parts. Brewed a drink on the general rules. In the cold season, tea is drunk in the form of heat with the addition of honey and ginger. In summer, all decoctions and infusions can be consumed cold with the addition of ice. Such drinks are well toned in the heat.
Strawberry tea: strawberry leaves (10 g), St. John's wort (2 g), mint (2 g) are poured with a glass of boiling water. Drink infused ten minutes.
Heather tea: heather flowers (2 g), rosehip leaves (2 g), strawberry leaves (10 g) are poured with a glass of boiling water. Insist five to ten minutes.
Rowan tea: dried fruits of mountain ash (30 g), raspberry berries (5 g), currant leaves (2 g). Insist five to ten minutes and use as a brew.
For daily use, toning teas are suitable, they not only have a pleasant taste, but also have a positive effect on the body. Juniper, hawthorn, black currant, mountain ash, dog rose, oregano, blueberry, St. John's wort, sweet flag, mallow, yarnotku, valerian, calendula, mountain arnica, willow herb, mother and stepmother, blueberry, plantain, stone fruit and badan are put in the collections.
Such charges in the winter should be consumed hot and chilled in summer. Good quench thirst and invigorate cold teas with a slice of lemon or zest, leaves of raspberry and blackberry. In hot weather, mint can be added to green tea.
How to choose a delicious drink?
It is no secret that any herbal tea is bitter. Therefore, you should choose for yourself a collection that will be to your taste. As a rule, one plant dominates the collection, and the rest only harmoniously complement it, emphasizing the taste.
The compositions made according to the following scheme are always obtained: spices + fragrant grass + leaves of a berry plant. As spices, usually used allspice, cinnamon, vanilla, anise, cloves, star anise. All these ingredients perfectly harmonize and open in a very special way, if citrus is added to tea.
What are the nuances of teas you should know?
How different can be herbal tea! Recipes at home can be used a variety of. They will help to diversify your usual menu, even if it is not about food, but about drinks.
At home, you can make herbal teas from the following components:
- Orange slices, cinnamon, raspberry leaves.
- Slices of lemon, star anise, mint.
- Carnation, lemon balm, sage, allspice.
- Lemon zest, oregano, thyme.
- Strawberry and cherry leaves, vanilla stick.
All components for teas are best kept in paper bags or cloth bags, but not more than two years. But the roots can lie for three years. Over time, the herbs lose their taste, smell, and all the beneficial trace elements.
Chopped citrus zest to green or black tea should be added in advance (for example, a couple of weeks). In a closed container, orange peel will give its flavor to tea petals. As a result, you get a fragrant drink without artificial flavors.
It should be noted that one should not use the same collection for a long time. The human body has such a feature as addiction. Herbs in this sense are no exception. Over time, the usual collection may not have the desired effect. Therefore, it is better to alternate tinctures.
The greatest amount of nutrients is precisely in lime flowers. Essential oils and flavonoids are the main therapeutic components. Lime blossom destroys bacteria in the human body, reduces fever, removes phlegm.
For colds and flu, tinctures are used. With convulsions, rheumatism, diseases of the kidneys, gallbladder, stomach and intestines, colds and fever, they are taken two or three glasses a day. Preparing a drink as follows: a few tablespoons of linden flowers pour a glass of hot water.
Linden tea (useful properties and contraindications are given in the article) has a sedative effect on the nervous system, significantly reduces blood viscosity. The drink of flowers has completely unique properties. It contains a large amount of vitamins and other therapeutic components. In addition, this tea is very tasty and has a strong aroma.
Lime drink is used in hypertension, inflammatory diseases of the stomach and intestines, cystitis, pyelonephritis, urolithiasis.
As for contraindications to the use of fake color, there are not so many of them. But still it should be remembered that the decoction has healing properties. Lipa increases the body's defenses and has a diaphoretic effect. Therefore, tea gives a load on the heart. People with heart disease should not get carried away every day with such a drink.
Herbal tea is brewed like green or black, but there are some nuances. As a rule, a tablespoon of the collection is put on two hundred grams of water. Brew a drink in a teapot, wrapped it with a towel. You can also use a thermos. In it, the tea will be stronger and more saturated.
The brewing process itself lasts:
- Three minutes if we make leaves and flowers.
- Five minutes - for seeds and leaves.
- Within ten minutes brew buds and roots.
The finished drink should be filtered.
Herbal cough tea: a teaspoon of mint is poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for ten minutes. Take up to five times a day.
Tonic drink: black currant leaves (1 part), raspberries (1 part), oregano grass (1 part), leaves of Bergenia (3 parts).
Soothing tea: lime blossom (1 part), mint leaves (1 part), hawthorn (1 part fruits and leaves), lemon balm (1 part).
Vitamin tea: Raspberry leaves (1 part), strawberries (1 part), nettle and blackberry (one part each), apple peel (1/2 part).
Restorative infusions, multivitamin and soothing, you can drink as a regular tea after meals three times a day, and you can in smaller quantities. For example, soothing before bedtime, and vitamin in the morning.
Drink with neuralgia and back pain: thyme (1 part), black elderberry fruits (1 part), lime color (2 parts). Tea is drunk in a long course up to four times a day (3 cups).
Tea for gastritis and gastric ulcer: Badan (1 part), mint (2 parts), chamomile (1 part), sage (2 parts), St. John's wort (2 parts), thyme (1 part). During the day you should drink up to three glasses.
This plant is still more known as wild plant, but every year it moves more and more confidently into the gardens, replenishing the ranks of herbs for seasoning. Adding fragrant thyme leaves in tea is very much loved in Azerbaijan. There, raw materials are sold in every market.
Thyme has an expectorant and diuretic effect, so it is used as a cough medicine. Healthy people do not drink much. Thyme can be added to black tea or mixed with other herbs, such as raspberries and catnip (equally).
Gather the thyme before or during flowering. In childhood, my grandmother and I did this before the Trinity and called the plant the Virgin's grass.
Dried in small bunches in the shade, preferably in the breeze.
When collecting wild strawberries, do not throw away the leaves and petioles: they make excellent fragrant tea. The leaves, like the berries, contain vitamin C, flavonoids, antioxidants, magnesium, potassium and many more beneficial substances.
Drink strengthens the body, helps with skin rashes, relieves nervous tension, boosts immunity and even, as its fans say, helps prevent cancer. Strawberry leaves are a natural antiseptic, so they can be part of various medical fees, for example, kidney.
Usually the leaves are collected together with the berries during ripening. Dry them in a shady place with good air circulation. You can dry together with small berries to make the tea even tastier.
Leaves are fermented as follows: first they are left to dry for 10 to 12 hours, then for more successful fermentation they are put in the freezer for the same time, and after thawing, several leaves are rolled in the palms and tightly placed in a glass or enamelled dish.
Readiness can be recognized by its dark color and pleasant smell. The average fermentation time is 6 to 12 hours. After that, dried in the oven not higher than 70 degrees and stored for storage in a glass container.
In the same way, tea is prepared from the leaves of garden strawberries, only they must be cut off after the end of fruiting, so as not to harm the bushes. For a tasty drink, young fresh leaves are suitable without damage.
Brew tea from the calculation: 1 tablespoon of leaves per glass of water. Can be taken in equal shares with black or green tea without flavors.
Bilberry leaves contain phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, tannins, vitamins A, B, C, PP, organic acids.
Leaves and berries of the plant will help with anemia, coughing, skin lesions and diseases, migraines and kidney diseases. Blueberries are valued for their tonic effect and as a source of vitamins needed during a cold. Women are advised to use it during menopause.
Harvest leaves and shoots from May - June, berries - during ripening. For drying choose healthy plants without damage. The tops of the shoots together with the leaves are cut so as to preserve the main part of the twigs on the bush.
Then the raw materials are sorted and dried away from direct sunlight - indoors or outdoors. It is also allowed to use the dryer at a temperature of 55 degrees. Dry leaves are separated from the twigs, and the twigs are crushed. Berries are dried by the same technology.
Brewed blueberries from the calculation: a tablespoon of leaves in a glass of water. To taste add leaves of currant or raspberry, as well as various berries. Insist for 15 minutes.
Blackberry leaves contain a lot of tannin, which gives the drink an astringent taste and strengthens the immune system. Blackberries are rich in essential oils, organic and amino acids, vitamins A1, groups B, C, E and P. It also has a tonic and soothing effect, and also promotes healing of wounds, helps with stomach ailments, colds, coughs, inflammations.
Contraindications blackberry leaves do not have. Berries are not recommended for diseases of the stomach and excretory system.
Fermentation leaves are best harvested in spring, when they are particularly rich in nutrients. In order not to hurt your hands, the leaves scroll through a meat grinder and ferment for about 6 hours, then dry in an oven at 100 degrees, stirring.
The berries are dried in the open air or in a dryer, reducing the temperature from 70 to 40 degrees.
The dosage of tea is selected individually. The taste of the blackberry is very astringent, so you need to use a little bit, brew tea of weak concentration. It is best to take a small pinch in a glass of hot water and mix with other leaves and berries.
Currant leaves are good in any form: they can be brewed fresh, dried or fermented. In the latter case, from an additive to tea, they turn into an independent beverage.
And in the spring is very useful to prepare young buds or even sprigs of plants - the ones that came under the pruning.
Для чая собирают молодые листочки со свежих побегов. Лучше всего брать листья из середины ветки, с теневой стороны, причем делать это утром, когда роса уже высохла, а солнце еще не слишком высоко.
Fermentation is about the same as that of Ivan tea: the leaves are dried, then rolled into a roll and cleaned in a dark, dry place for a day, then dried in the shade.
In winter, the drink will perfectly strengthen the immune system and fill the body with vitamin C, copper, magnesium, manganese and other essential trace elements. Currant contains tannins and flavonoids, phytoncides, antioxidants.
Currant leaf tea has a tonic effect, helps with colds (especially in combination with honey) and slows down the aging process.
Not recommended for allergies and diseases of the digestive tract. To avoid aggressive effects on tooth enamel, currants are better to complement other herbs. Most often it is combined with raspberries.
Tea “2 in 1” helps to fight inflammation, it is recommended for edema, bleeding and as a diuretic.
It is important to know how to make fragrant and healthy tea. One way is to boil the leaves of currant and raspberry in equal parts for a couple of minutes. Then drink insist 15 minutes and consumed hot or cold.
But, as true tea connoisseurs say, even brewing with boiling water spoils the taste and destroys all the useful substances. Properly prepared drink, on the contrary, is designed to save them. Therefore, it is better to take 2 parts of currant on one part of lemon balm and raspberry, if desired, add black tea without flavors, brew with hot boiled water and let stand for some time.
Raspberry leaves do not have such a pronounced aroma, but they bring considerable benefits to the body. Like berries, they are used for colds, and due to the content of tannins they help in the treatment of stomatitis, tonsillitis, and laryngitis.
The raspberry drink has an antimicrobial effect and removes toxins well. It is not necessary to use it for problems with the kidneys and high acidity.
Harvest the leaves before flowering, preferably in the first half of June. Most of the beneficial properties in the bright young leaves. The recommendations are the same as for currants.
The best is considered to be fermentation at 22 - 26 degrees and subsequent drying in the oven at 100. However, every lover may have his own opinion on this matter.
This vine is known for its tonic properties. In addition to the leaves, dried berries are added to give strength to the tea. However, they should be used carefully so as not to cheer up too much.
Lemongrass contains tannins, antioxidants, manganese, potassium, iodine and other trace elements and its useful properties are often compared with Eleutherococcus and ginseng.
The plant is used to recuperate, improve sleep, treat stress, normalize the urogenital system, burn fat and even relieve hangover.
It should not be used with increased excitability, epilepsy, intracranial pressure, as well as children and pregnant women.
The berries are harvested in the fall when they turn red. They are washed and dried in an oven at 60 degrees.
The leaves are cut at the beginning of flowering. They are washed, dried, slightly wilted, and then rolled into tubes and fermented until a bitter-lemon smell appears (about 10 hours). It is very important to cut the fermented leaves into several pieces up to 5 mm thick, otherwise they will rot.
Step drying is recommended: first one and a half hours at 100 degrees and constant stirring, then at 50 degrees until fragility appears, and then a couple of days in gauze on air.
Store tea in a ceramic or glass container in a dark place. The best tea is obtained one and a half months after fermentation.
For brewing take half a teaspoon in a glass of water. Consume a tonic drink in the morning.
Mint - perhaps the most famous tea herb. Most often, a leaflet or another is put in black or green tea for aroma. But the plant is used both independently and in combination with melissa.
The plant is known for its sedative effect. It relaxes, improves sleep in the evening, and in the morning invigorates and gives strength. In addition, it normalizes the intestinal microflora, reduces skin itching, relieves nausea and heartburn, helps with gynecological, heart diseases, toothache and reduces pressure.
Because of the high content of female hormones, men should not be carried away by mint.
It is possible to collect mint for drying from June, when the bush grows, but July is considered the optimal time, when the green mass and plant flavor reach their maximum. There should be no dew on the leaves, otherwise when drying they will turn brown and lose useful properties. You can cut several times over the summer, because after it grows a lot of young shoots.
Dried mint bunches in a shady, well-ventilated place. Individual leaves are placed on a clean cloth and turned over from time to time.
Mint goes well with green tea, black currant leaves, honey and cinnamon.
Melissa normalizes sleep, has a positive effect on performance, improves appetite, helps against depression and neurosis, combats inflammation, fungus, migraines, soothes and helps with vomiting. The latter property is especially important for pregnant women. And nursing moms Melissa increases lactation.
Contraindications for Melissa no. It is not recommended only to use it excessively and combined with sedatives.
Melissa collected from June. Just like mint, it can be cut throughout the summer.
Dry it either in a shady place, or indoors on the grid.
Melissa is brewed both separately and in the “company” with mint, currant leaf, wild rose berries and other plants.
Cherry leaf is good not only in pickles, but also in tea. It contains volatile and antioxidants, essential oils, which give the drink a pleasant summer aroma, tannins, coumarin, necessary for normal blood clotting, vitamins and trace elements.
Tea has a tonic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, expectorant, hemostatic and rejuvenating action. A decoction of the branches of the plant is used for some gynecological diseases.
Most of the nutrients in the leaves of the cherry during flowering - then you need to harvest them for the winter. To do this, take young leaves without damage. Be sure to wait until the dew comes down.
They are fermented in the same way as Ivan-tea.
Drink together with dried berries (such a composition is recommended for the treatment of colds), black tea or separately. However, you can make any bouquet.
Cherry is not recommended for hypotonic patients, people suffering from increased acidity of the stomach, gastritis and ulcers. You also need to remember that it has a firming effect.
This spice with equal success is used in the preparation of both main dishes and tea. The herb improves skin and hair condition, tones, helps fight depression, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and builds up pressure, ejects parasites, relieves headaches, removes excess fluid from the body, improves appetite and energizes.
Not recommended for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as pregnant and lactating women. The rest should adhere to the daily requirement - no more than 50 grams in fresh and 5 grams in dried form.
To make a healthy drink, tarragon can be dried or frozen. Collect young twigs no more than 15 cm before flowering. Since the bush grows quickly after trimming, it can be collected all summer for drying.
Dry tarragon in the breeze away from the direct sun, or in the dryer no hotter than +35, otherwise the essential oils will evaporate ahead of time. As soon as the branch begins to break easily, the plant is dried. Now you need to quickly, so as not to lose the flavor, separate the leaves and put them in a glass container.
Brew usually a teaspoon of leaves in a glass of water.
Tea Herb Collection Table
Recommendations for the collection of herbs, we summarized in the table.
for medicinal purposes - from mid-June
As can be seen from the table, most of the plants are harvested in the first half of summer. But some herbs are harvested in August for tea: these are mint, lemon balm and tarragon - everything that quickly grows after pruning.
I myself tried to ferment the August leaves of lemongrass and got quite a tasty tea. So, if you do not have time to replenish green supplies in June - July, do not worry.
Some rules for the preparation and use of fees
All the subtleties of the preparation of herbal preparations and for the year can not be comprehended, but there are some simple recommendations that will help you choose the right plants for every day and for special cases.
The following plants are suitable for daily use:
- linden flowers, chamomile,
- leaves of raspberry, black currant, mint, lemon balm, cherry, blueberry,
- strawberry leaves and fruits,
- rose hips, hawthorn, black currant, blackberry.
In the collection should not be a few herbs with a strong smell, otherwise the flavors will conflict with each other.
One plant can be made main and taken in larger quantities, and the rest will complement it. You can mix herbs equally.
Fragrant herbs shade leaves of a berry plant well. The collection itself is simple, and if you brew it with spices (vanilla, cinnamon, star anise, anise, cloves), the taste will be excellent. In the drink, you can add a slice of lemon or orange zest.
No matter how tasty the drink is, it should not be consumed for months. And it's not only in contraindications. For a long time the body will get used to the components, and they will no longer have the desired effect. And just get bored.
In an attempt to procure as many plants as possible - do not be greedy: dried herbs retain their beneficial properties for no more than 1 - 1.5 years. Therefore it is recommended to update stocks every year.
As for medicinal fees, for their competent preparation you need to know not only the list of incoming herbs, but also the patterns of their combination. The names of the components are easy to learn from the advertising of tea.
For example, I went to the site of the company “Evalar Bio” (they have a lot of product names) and looked at all the components. But no firm will say the exact proportions - here it is only to consult with herbalists. And according to reviews of doctors, not all advertised medicinal teas answer their name. The same “Evalar” has both really useful and just delicious drinks.
According to knowledgeable people, mountain herbs have a special healing power. The higher they grow, the more obstacles they overcome, which means they accumulate energy, which they give when brewing.
Therefore, in our country wild plants collected in the Urals (of course, far from large cities), in the Altai and the Caucasus are valued. But, in order for tea to turn out to be truly healing, it needs to be prepared in live spring water.
A few words about buying herbal tea
Unfortunately, I have not yet found a definite answer to the question of where to buy the most delicious herbal tea or tea. Through the Internet did not buy, most often acquired during travel.
Visual inspection is very important, since it allows to evaluate not only the freshness of the raw materials (the color should be light green, but not yellow, like hay), but also the conditions of its storage. This herbalist will not keep tea outdoors or in transparent bags in the sun.
On this basis, we have rejected almost everything that was sold in Arkhyz. In the end, bought men's and women's fees, but the latter was very bitter.
A really tasty collection was found in Bakhchisarai.
I wish you to make your own unique bouquet. Have a nice tea party!
Subscribe to our useful blog in order not to miss more information about harmonious living in your home.
Are there any contraindications to the use of herbal teas?
People who are prone to allergic reactions should remember that a drink can cause an allergy attack. Therefore, for the first time using a new collection, drink quite a bit of it and make sure that there are no side effects.
Most often, when allergies to herbal preparations appear, dryness and irritation of the skin, small rashes. Much less likely to appear edema. In general, people with bronchial asthma should treat herbal teas with great care.
At the first manifestations of allergy, you should stop using the herbal drink and take "Suprastin" or "Tavegil".
Medicinal teas should be consumed only after consulting with a doctor or prescribing a herbalist. The fact is that any herb, except for its beneficial effect, can have a negative effect on the body. Therefore, do not self-medicate so as not to aggravate the state of health.
If you do choose your own collection, then before you use it, carefully study the indications and contraindications for the use of each individual component.
Medicinal properties of herbs
- A tea drink with the addition of peppermint can help if you have a bad appetite, as well as if you are worried about various diseases of the digestive system.
- For headaches, migraines, and a strong cough will help melissa.
- If you are worried about the disease of the respiratory system, then sage can help. More salvia root is recommended for sore throat, as well as for chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract, such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
- In diseases of the stomach, ulcers, as well as with heavy perspiration, St. John's wort helps well. A decoction of inflorescences is used.
- Echinacea can have a positive effect with strong salivation and diseases of the thyroid gland, it also effectively boosts immunity. In order to prepare a healing drink, you can use stems, leaves and flowers.
- Ordinary dandelion is advised to use as an expectorant, as well as pleurisy, bronchitis and asthma.
- Tansy has a laxative effect, it can also be recommended for a number of diseases of the intestinal tract and cough.
- Rosemary helps with certain diseases of the digestive system, also restores the performance of the gastrointestinal tract. Well proven in diseases of the urinary system.
- A decoction of elecampane is usually used for bronchitis, colitis and diarrhea, as well as an external remedy for wounds that do not heal
- Calendula can be used as an anti-inflammatory and wound-healing agent. Will help well in various diseases of the respiratory tract, as well as various infections of the oral cavity.
It has long been decided to collect various medicinal plants and medicinal herbs. According to popular wisdom, plants acquired their best qualities after the holiday of Ivan Kupala. It is herbs collected during this period that have pronounced healing properties.
Herbal teas from medicinal herbs appeared much earlier than the usual black or green. Many recipes have a thousand-year history. There are ancient records that mention that people ate a hot drink from various leaves, flowers, fruits, and other parts of plants growing in a garden or field.
If you correctly collect and dry various herbs or plants, you can compensate for the body's lack of various vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the full operation of all systems of the human body.
Features of collecting plants
It is important to know how and when to properly collect herbs for a drink. In order to obtain high-quality products, it is best to harvest herbs at the beginning of flowering.
- To collect the stem and leaves, it is necessary to cut off part of the plant above the level of the lower leaves.
- Collection of inflorescences should be carried out directly during the peak of flowering.
- The roots are best to dig in the fall, when the flowering period comes to an end and the plant begins to prepare for the winter.
It is important to remember that you do not need to break everything. Collecting leaves of strawberry, blackberry or garden raspberry, you need to cut only one or two leaves from a branch. In this case, the leaves should be smooth, healthy and not dry. When you collect St. John's wort, mint or thyme, you need to leave some of the flowers on the plant so that they can produce seeds. When collecting jasmine, linden flowers or wild rose, the flowers must be fully open. Fruits should be harvested after ripening..
When harvesting, the weather should be dry and there should be no dew on the grass.
Dried grass should be kept indoors with good circulation of fresh air. Avoid direct sunlight.
Drying plant materials
After the herbs are harvested, they must be dried. Under no circumstances should blackening or rotting be allowed. For the preparation of herbal tea, it is best to dry the harvested parts of plants under a canopy or in a well-ventilated area. The harvested plant material must be layered flat on sheets of paper or plywood. If possible, you can dry the grass suspended on a rope, after collecting it in small bunches.
Herbal tea technology
Good herbal tea brewed, respecting certain proportions. Most often, the herbal drink is brewed in proportion at the rate of 2–3 teaspoons and a half cups of boiling water. In the teapot you need to put a mixture of different herbs and pour boiling water on three-quarters of the volume. After that, close with a cloth and leave to infuse for 20 minutes, then add hot water.
In order to prepare the tea from dried fruit, you can use another method. Для этого высушенные плоды необходимо залить кипятком и проверить в течение 7 минут. В закипевший чай можно добавить листья или цветы и настаивать 10−12 минут.
Специалисты и ценители говорят, что хороший чай состоит из одного компонента. Самые ароматные чаи состоят из 5 и более компонентов. Важно, чтобы все составляющие фиточая были правильно высушены.
Применение и польза травяного напитка
Сейчас напитки из трав используют повсеместно:
- For medical purposes.
- For weight loss.
- In the sauna or bath.
In the modern world it is often said the benefits of various herbal teas. This is due not only to the emerging fashionable trend of phytotea use, but also to the fact that most people have a desire to eat really healthy products.
Herbal teas do not contain caffeine, and this makes herbal tea more preferable for a number of people. This tea helps to avoid excitation of the central nervous system.
Today on the Internet you can find a huge number of different varieties and recipes of herbal tea, while the process of choosing a tea does not end there. It is very important to know how to cook it., to maximize all the healing properties of the components of tea.
In addition to useful properties, it is necessary to take into account the contraindications to the use of certain components of tea. First of all, the reason for this is that tea is useful and curative in the permissible rate, so if you use it for other purposes or exceed the permissible rate, you may experience allergies.
As part of any herbal tea, you can find several components, so anyone who wants to enjoy a spicy drink can make their own tea, which will be a kind of unique. Herbal tea is always medicinal and vitamin, cooling or, on the contrary, helping to warm, and of course, fragrant. The main condition for the proper preparation of such tea is initially correct and competent collection of herbs, which later will be part of the drink.
Herbal drink that is used for slimming, eliminates fat cells, and also helps the body in the removal of toxins, toxins and unwanted fluid. In addition, it is believed that this tea helps reduce appetite. Many herbal teas have a diuretic effect, which is why they should be drunk very carefully, in small doses, because if consumed frequently and in large doses, dehydration can occur. When this happens, an imbalance of nutrients occurs.
The most effective tea that is used in the fight against excess weight, is tea with ginger, green tea, as well as special tea with milk. If you decide to choose tea for weight loss, you must take into account the individual characteristics of the body. Such teas are forbidden to use if you suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or your body is weakened after the illness.
Some medicinal teas can be brewed to very young children as soothing drinks. However, before use, be sure to consult a doctor.
Herbal tea is a wonderful and indispensable drink for bathhouses. To make going to the bathhouse useful, take with you not only a broom that you will use in the steam room, but also a thermos with fragrant herbal tea. A couple of sips of this healthy drink, which you drink between trips to the steam room, will help stimulate perspiration and thus contribute to the removal of fats, cholesterol and toxins from the body. Best of all, fake, strawberry or raspberry drink is suitable for this purpose. These types of drink have a diuretic effect, and can also help get rid of salt deposits and normalize blood pressure.
A good substitute can be plain green tea. A fragrant and tasty drink that has various medicinal properties will be perfectly combined with a healing steam bath.
Tea is a wonderful tool for treatment SARS, infectious diseases and flu. Can be used for violations of the menstrual cycle, as well as for menopause in women. Tea has a sedative, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, stimulates the heart. With the help of herbal tea you can get rid of headaches, lower blood pressure. He can also rejuvenate the female body, as well as a great way to avoid stress.
Herbal tea will help improve the condition with anemia, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, it can also be used with stones in the liver and kidneys, with rheumatism and anemia.
The healing properties of tea have a positive effect on gastrointestinal tract, effectively affect the affected areas in diseases of the bladder and accelerate the regeneration processes.
Many connoisseurs of herbal tea drink it without adding anything other than lemon or honey. This is correct, as sugar can neutralize some useful properties of tea. Herbal infusion is not only fragrant, fragrant and tasty drink, but also very useful for the whole organism. Periodic, and most importantly, competent use of tea made from high-quality raw materials can bring the general health of the human body in order and save and protect against various diseases.
5 herbs from all winter diseases
Despite the fact that access to medicines is much better with our ancestors than our ancestors, one should not neglect age-old wisdom. So pharmacies are pharmacies, and no one has canceled the use of medicinal plants. Moreover, with minimal knowledge and skills, you can effectively collect and harvest them, and in winter you can use these gifts of nature for the treatment and prevention of various diseases.
In the article I will tell you which herbs can be collected for winter storage, how to do it properly, how to dry the plants so that they contain as much useful substances as possible, etc.
Grass collection calendar
If you want to collect in your pantry the plants that will be most useful in the winter cold, then from early spring to late autumn you will have something to collect and dry. The best time to collect useful herbs begins in late July. It is at this time that the plants accumulate the largest number of biologically active substances, and our task is to choose the right time for their preparation.
The end of July is the time when the plants have not yet begun to dry, but have already entered full force, so that the medicinal effect of their use will be maximum.
What are we collecting? Dushitsu, highlander bird, St. John's wort, willow herb (willow-herb), tansy inflorescences, yarrow, horsetail.
In August, many plants already fade and begin to dry, so by the middle of the month it is desirable to finish their harvesting. However, during the whole month there is something to collect for use in winter:
- immortelle inflorescences,
- sweet clover,
- nettle is deaf and dioecious,
- wormwood bitter and Austrian,
- ledum marsh,
Also in August, the collection of yarrow, horsetail and other plants continues, but, of course, you need to collect specimens that did not begin to dry.
The collection of useful herbs for winter storage does not stop in September. To create a winter reserve, we are suitable:
- plantain large,
- tricolor violet,
- chamomile - and pharmacy, and fragrant,
- bearberry ordinary.
In addition, in September they usually re-harvest mint and lemon balm - if you cut the plants in late July and early August, they will have time to grow.
Harvesting herbs for the winter
In order for the herbs collected in the summer-autumn season to bring us as much benefit as possible, they must be properly harvested. It is worth following a few simple tips:
- for collecting above-ground parts of plants, it is better to choose dry, clear days - so collected herbs will be better to dry and be stored longer,
- it is best to start collecting in 2-3 hours after the dew subsides - so the herbs will not have time to dry up and will not be too wet,
- to collect, it is advisable to use a suitable tool. The minimum we need for work is scissors / pruner and a sharp knife. Also, do not forget about the thick gloves - some herbs are more convenient to pick off manually, but it is desirable to take care of the skin,
- for harvesting choose strong healthy plants with no signs of drying out, diseases or insect damage,
- when harvesting, it is necessary to harvest only those parts of plants that contain the maximum amount of useful substances. So it is advisable to take the leaves without thick petioles, and cut the grass at the level of the lower leaves.
In addition, there are two more rules that must be strictly followed:
Drying and storing herbs
After collecting comes the next stage of preparation - drying. Herbs almost always need to be dried, as they can be stored for several months, and in the winter they can be used for general recovery, treatment and prevention.
We dry herbs by the following rules:
- so that the plant does not darken, you need to dry without access to direct sunlight. This is done either in a well-ventilated area (the attic of a private house will do) or in the air (but always in the shade),
- dried herbs can be bundled and finally dried in a suspended position. It is quite convenient, moreover, because the plants themselves are freed from debris - small particles just pour out of the beam,
- electric dryers can also be used for harvesting plants. The use of such devices speeds up the process, but it must be remembered: that the essential oils and other substances are not destroyed during temperature treatment, drying must be performed at temperatures up to 40-60 degrees.
There are two ways to keep herbs:
- "Both dried and stored." To do this, we hang bundles of herbs in a dark, cool and well-ventilated room and use them as needed,
- "We pack and store." Vegetable raw materials are laid in linen bags, paper bags or wooden boxes and stored in a dry place with a relatively constant temperature. It is important that the packaging is breathable!
As a rule, herbs harvested for the winter are stored no longer than a year - just until the next season.
In addition, you need to monitor the condition of the plants - they can be damaged by insects, so that sometimes a part of the billet has to be thrown away in order to preserve everything else.
How to use herbs
So, we have prepared and saved the herbs, now we will figure out how to use them correctly. Most often, medicinal plants are brewed in the form of herbal teas. Here are some recipes for such decoctions.
- Soothing tea: 1 part lemon balm, 1 part Hypericum, 1 part lime blossom.
- Tonic tea: 2 parts of lemon balm or mint, 1 part of Hypericum, 1 part of yarrow, 1 part of thyme, 1 part of fragrant chamomile flowers.
- Tea, improves digestion: 1 part peppermint, 2 parts thyme, 2 parts pharmaceutical chamomile. In addition to stimulating the appetite, this decoction can help with bloating or intestinal upset - you just need to brew it stronger.
- Vitamin tea: 1 part of blackberry leaves, raspberries and strawberries. You can add mint or thyme for flavor.
- Tea that helps from gastritis: 2 parts of St. John's wort herb, sage leaves and mint leaves, 1 part chamomile and thyme herb. Regular use of at least 2-3 glasses of such herbal broth is an excellent prevention of gastritis and stomach ulcers.
In addition to decoctions intended for ingestion, herbs stored for the winter can be used in a different way:
- Broths and infusions of mint, chamomile, nettle and thyme are excellent cosmetics. Using them instead of water when washing the head normalizes the skin glands and helps get rid of dandruff and oily hair. In addition, such decoctions can wipe the skin of the face - it will become softer and more elastic.
- On the basis of nettle, calendula, St. John's wort, chamomile, etc. prepare cosmetic compresses. Plant material is crushed, filled with boiling water, and after cooling it is laid out on a napkin and applied to the skin. The effects of such a compress - reducing fat, cleaning the pores, increasing skin elasticity.
- Finally, decoctions of mint, lemon balm, oregano, tansy and other aromatic herbs can be used for inhalations in the bath. It is enough to splash a little broth on the heater, and you immediately feel the healing and relaxing effect of hot steam.
Adding an article to a new collection
Do you like tea? Drink it for pleasure and health. Traditional medicine knows a lot of herbal drinks recipes that are easy to prepare at home. They will not replace ordinary medicines, but their benefits for the body are beyond doubt.
Herbal preparations for brewing firmly established on the pharmacy shelves. But to enjoy the taste and aroma of healthy tea can be absolutely free if you take care of the procurement of raw materials in a timely manner. And knowing the properties of medicinal plants, you will be able to create tea masterpieces with a healing effect.
For therapeutic purposes, most often used single-component teas. In them, the properties of herbs are revealed more fully, and the drink itself has a directional effect. Although in some cases, additional ingredients enhance the therapeutic effect.
Multicomponent charges, in turn, are good as prevention. In addition, the blend of complex compositions brighter and more interesting.
Even knowing which herbal teas are useful for certain ailments, we should not forget about the potential allergic reaction to plants, individual intolerance and contraindications.
On the healing properties of chamomile know even those who do not understand the traditional medicine. Chamomile tea is drunk for colds, fatigue, diseases of the digestive system and biliary tract, flatulence and liver problems. Drink reduces body temperature, reduces inflammation of ENT organs, helps in the fight against insomnia.
- Chamomile tea with SARS. Pour 1 tsp. Chamomile flowers with a glass of boiling water, slightly cool. Sweeten warm tea with honey. To enhance the soothing effect when taken overnight, add 0.5 tsp. Valerian root.
- Chamomile herbal tea for pancreatitis and acute gastric diseases. Pour 1-2 tsp. inflorescences 1 cup boiling water, strain after 10 minutes. Drink warm (not hot!) 3 times a day.
Ginger, honey, mint, lemon peel, oregano, yarrow, ivan tea, rosehip, lingonberry, lemon balm and a succession will help to make the taste of tea with chamomile more saturated.
- high blood pressure
- internal bleeding
- addiction to diarrhea,
- copious and painful menstruation,
- receiving homeopathic remedies.
Herbal tea with wild rose
Herbal tea with wild rose is good for blood vessels and helps lower blood pressure. It has a beneficial effect on the digestive organs, helps to fight inflammation and has an antiseptic effect in diseases of the urinary tract.
Rosehip - champion in the content of vitamins. Its berries are 50 times more ascorbic acid than lemon. Therefore, it can be used in avitaminosis and colds to strengthen the immune system.
- Vitamin tea with wild rose. Mix 5 chopped rosehips (dry or fresh) with strawberry and mint leaves (2 leaves each) and add 5 dried strawberries. Fill with hot water and leave to stand for about 10 minutes. Before use, add 1 tsp. chopped mint.
- Herbal tea from the hips for the liver. Pour 15–25 dried fruit with 1.5 liters of boiling water and let it brew for 1.5–2 hours. If possible, brew the dogrose in a thermos that holds heat well.
Herbal teas from rose hips benefit the whole body, but one can not fail to mention their harm to tooth enamel. Mouth rinsing will help to level the harmful effects of the drink on the teeth.
Dried apples, ginger, and mint leaves can be added to teas based on petals or rosehips.
- aggravation of gastritis and peptic ulcer,
- heart failure III degree
- circulatory failure.
Thyme Herbal Tea (Thyme)
Analyzing, than herbal tea from a thyme is useful, it is necessary to note its essential oil. That it gives the drink antispastic and disinfectant properties. Infusions and decoctions give vigor, normalize the work of the nervous system, eliminate depression, improve appetite, feed the immune system, and have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. For men, thyme helps to solve the problem of premature ejaculation and cure prostatitis. This herbal tea is also invaluable for women with gynecological problems (painful menstrual periods, uterine bleeding, hormonal disruptions during menopause, inflammation of the appendages). Very often tea is recommended when coughing, including chain smokers.
- Thyme tea for stomach ailments. Mix 20 g of thyme, 10 g of cumin, 10 g of peppermint, 10 g of centaury grass. 2 tsp with a slide of the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 10 minutes. Drink 1 cup of moderately warm drink 2-3 times a day.
- Thyme tea when coughing. The composition of herbal tea to facilitate sputum discharge includes 20 g of thyme herb, 10 g of primrose root, 10 g of aniseed fruit, 10 g of plantain leaves and 10 g of sundew. Pour 2 tsp. collect a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 minutes, strain and sweeten with honey. Drink 3 cups daily.
Thyme goes well with mint, cinnamon, honey, hunter, cowberry leaves, rosehips, mint, valerian root.
- age up to 2 years
- kidney disease
- liver disease,
- ulcers, gastritis and other problems with the gastrointestinal tract,
- thyroid problems.
The benefits of herbal hawthorn tea for the cardiovascular system have been proven repeatedly. Drink tones the heart muscle and improves blood flow. Особенно полезно природное лекарств людям пожилого возраста.
- Чай с боярышником для сердца. Залейте 2 ч.л. цветков или листьев боярышника 1/4 л кипятка и оставьте настояться на 20 минут. Пейте по 2-3 раза в сутки по 1 чашке.
- Чай с боярышником для профилактики сердечных заболеваний. Смешайте 1 ст.л. dried hawthorn flowers with the same amount of motherwort and chamomile. Fill the collection with a glass of boiling water. Let it stand and strain. Recommendations on how to drink herbal tea: 2-3 times a day, 1 cup.
To improve the taste of tea with hawthorn can be juice of sea buckthorn, lemon, rose hips, Ivan tea, mint, honey, chamomile.
- may cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness.
Mint Herbal Tea
Due to its rich chemical composition, mint has a whole range of healing properties. Its main component, menthol, is beneficial for the cardiovascular, digestive, nervous, and urogenital systems. The drink reduces the acidity of gastric juice, reduces inflammation and pain. Helps to normalize the digestive tract, cleanses the body of toxins and improves appetite. It is recommended for pregnant women with morning sickness and the urge to vomit. Mint infusion relieves vascular spasm and optimizes blood flow.
- Mint herbal tea for gastritis. 1 tbsp. Peppermint leaves, pour 1 cup of hot water and boil in a water bath for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, cover with a towel and let it brew for another 15 minutes. Take half a cup three times a day.
- A soothing herbal tea made from mint and hypericum. Pour into a teapot for 1 tsp. chopped mint and hypericum, pour 2 cups of hot water. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
The taste of peppermint tea will be improved: bergenia, oregano, thyme, blueberries, sea buckthorn berries, raspberries, cranberries, as well as citrus peel and dried apples.
- hypersensitivity to menthol,
- children up to 3 years
- low pressure,
- male and female infertility
- exacerbation of peptic ulcer and heartburn.
Lemon balm herbal tea
Like mint, lemon balm has a rich chemical composition, thanks to which it is actively used in traditional medicine. The most important active ingredient is lemon balm essential oil. Aldehydes present in the plant have a sedative effect, organic acids help fight viruses, and alcohols work as antispasmodics.
Homemade herbal teas from melissa normalize the work of the heart, strengthen the immune system, and have a beneficial effect on the urinary, digestive, respiratory systems. Drinks are often recommended for insomnia, neurosis, as well as high blood pressure.
- Soothing melissa tea. 1 tsp fresh or dried leaves of melissa pour a glass of boiling water over it, cover with a lid and let stand for about 10 minutes. If you want to enhance the effect of the drink as a sleeping pill, add some honey. Drink 1 glass in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Tea with melissa and chamomile for painful and irregular menstruation. Take 1 tbsp. inflorescences of chamomile and lemon balm, pour 400 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 5-10 minutes.
Melissa can be added to ordinary black tea. The taste of herbal drink can be improved with lemon, oregano, mint, strawberry leaves.
- low blood pressure
- individual intolerance,
- aggravation of gastric or intestinal ulcers,
- renal failure.
Oregano Herbal Tea (Oregano)
Oregano has a pleasant aroma with a touch of bitterness. The plant contains tannins and ascorbic acid. Oregano drink will help with colds, bronchitis, bladder infections, liver inflammation, stress and nervous irritability. Herbal tea with oregano is suitable for cleansing the body, it improves the functioning of the digestive system, promotes healing of ulcers, eliminates the accumulation of gas and pain in the intestines.
- Tea with oregano for digestion. Take 1 tsp. oregano and chamomile, pour a glass of hot water and let it brew for 15-20 minutes. Drink a glass in the morning and evening for 1 week.
- Women's tea with oregano for hormonal disorders and problems of the urinary system. Place in a teapot for 1 tsp. dried leaves of oregano and thyme. Fill with 2 cups of hot water. Add 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds and 2 cm ginger root (grated).
Tea with oregano will be even tastier and healthier if you add a slice of lemon and honey.
- heart disorders
- stomach ulcer,
- negatively affects the potency.
Already in the name of this plant there is a hint that it is perfect for making herbal tea with your own hands. The grass contains vitamins C, B, tannins, alkaloids, flavonoids, as well as manganese, copper and iron. Herbal tea is also good for the kidneys, as it has a slight diuretic effect. It helps remove toxins and toxins, relieves swelling.
- Tea from willow tea to cleanse the body of toxins and relieve symptoms of neurosis. Useful Russian herbal tea from Cyprus is called Kaporsky. Brew it to taste, like regular tea. But in order for the drink to acquire its characteristic blend, the leaves of the plant must be prepared in a special way. First, the raw material must be dried in the open air. Then it should be folded into a clay pot or an enamel pan, sprinkle lightly with water, add coarsely chopped carrots, mint and oregano and hold for a few hours in a warm oven. After you need to remove the carrots and dry the leaves in the oven.
- Herbal tea from fireweed for the heart. Pour 2 tsp. Willow tea 600 ml boiling water, add 3-5 chopped rosehip berries. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
You can improve the aroma and taste of tea with the help of other plants and berries, for example, cornflower and mallow flowers, orange peel, dried apples, currant leaves, lingonberry leaves and strawberries, raspberries, rowan berries, hawthorn.
- increased blood clotting,
- intake of sedatives and antipyretic drugs,
Long-term use of willow tea in some people may cause stomach upset.
Herbal tea with St. John's wort
The main active ingredient of Hypericum is hypericin, thanks to which the plant has sought the glory of an antidepressant. Infusions on the basis of the flower treat bedwetting caused by psychosis and depression. Herb components have a positive effect on the digestive and biliary system, as well as tone up blood circulation.
Only dried leaves are suitable for tea, as a fresh plant does not give either taste or aroma.
- Herbal tea based on Hypericum for sleep. 2 tsp With a hill of crushed St. John's wort, pour a glass of water and bring to a boil. Strain. Use 2-3 cups a day for several weeks.
- Tea with St. John's Wort and nettle with stomach problems. Mix in equal proportions St. John's wort, nettle leaves and springweed. Brew 1 tbsp. herbal mixture of 250-300 ml of hot boiled water. Let stand for an hour, then strain and pour into a clean dish. Use 1/4 cup three times a day half an hour before meals. The course is 2-3 weeks.
Hypericum increases sensitivity to light, so during treatment, give up sunbathing.
St. John's wort goes well with tea with the following plants: nettle, meadowsweet, lemon balm, lavender, rosehip, dry berries, lime blossom, confiture or honey.
- pregnancy and lactation,
- children up to 12 years old
- taking oral contraceptives
- serious mental illness.
What herbal teas can drink pregnant
Pregnancy - the most common contraindication for the use of herbal teas. But this does not mean that a woman during this period of life should completely abandon herbal natural drinks. At all stages of pregnancy, you can brew tea from rose hips, blueberry leaves, black currants and strawberries. Unconditional favorites for future mothers - mint and lemon balm (only in the first trimester). There will be absolutely no harm from herbal tea from fireweed, chamomile and thyme.
In this case, pregnant women should adhere to the following rules:
- drink no more than 1-2 cups of herbal tea per day,
- use no more than half the recommended amount of raw materials,
- alternate fees (change the tea at least once in 1-1.5 weeks) and take a break between 7 to 10 days.
How to brew herbal tea
To pick herbs for a drink is half the battle. It is important to know how to brew herbal tea. There are two main ways.
- Infusion. Plants pour hot water (without boiling). This method is suitable for delicate components, such as flowers and small leaves. To determine the optimum temperature for brewing, you need to wait until the air bubbles formed at the bottom of the kettle begin to rise up massively, and the water itself becomes cloudy.
- Decoction. Prepared in the process of boiling over low heat (without intensive splashes, bubbles and foam). The best way to cook a decoction is a water bath. The variant is intended for tea from solid and large parts of plants, for example, roots, shoots, bark, leaves of medium and large size.
If the recipe for herbal tea includes ingredients of both coarser and more gentle types, boiling should also be discarded. But increase the brewing time to get a drink with a rich taste.
The time to brew herbs is longer than that of green or black teas. It should be remembered that the larger the plant parts, the more time it takes a drink to fully reveal the taste and healing properties. We recommend storing the plants in one piece, and chopping them just before brewing - cut with scissors or break them with your hands.
It usually takes 5-10 minutes to brew herbal tea. With the inclusion of the collection of roots, pieces of bark, fruit or zest time increases to 15-20 minutes. Tableware for tea should keep warm for a long time and be natural. The optimal solution - teapots made of clay or porcelain. You can brew herbs in a thermos, heating it with boiling water.
The proposed recipes do not exhaust all cooking options for herbal tea. Studying the beneficial properties of plants and trying different combinations of ingredients, you will find the answer to the question of which herbal tea is best for you.