In the meadows, forest edges and clearings of central Russia, the Urals, Altai, the Far East, Kamchatka and Sakhalin in June-July, a tall plant (up to 80 cm) with a beautiful, fluffy white panicle flower is often found. The flower consists of small, with five or six petals, flowers, exuding a pleasant smell with the aroma of vanilla, honey, almond. The reverse side of the carved leaflets is downy, soft to the touch.
This perennial beautiful plant is called tavolga vulgaris (common meadowwort), has about 15 species. The most widespread in Russia are the species of litter, six-lepidoptera, ordinary, palm-shaped, Kamchatka.
The rhizome has a thickening on the roots in the form of small nodules (they are also called nuts).
The plant is unpretentious, therefore, it is in demand with the decoration of the garden plot.
The beneficial properties of meadowsweet, and absolutely all parts, have been known for a long time, and herbalists necessarily distinguish it from other herbs.
Collection, drying, storage
It is undesirable to use plants growing near roads or industrial plants for drying. Flowers and stems are cut for drying during flowering (June - July), crushed. Rhizomes and roots are dug out when snow melts (March, April), or in September -October. Rinse the roots well, cut into thin strips. To dry the prepared raw materials need to be on the street under a canopy or in a ventilated room.
The shelf life of raw materials is three years.
The composition and beneficial properties of the plant
Vitamin C improves the immune system, is involved in the restoration of damaged tissue, has a positive effect on the nervous system.
Flavonoids help reduce inflammation, resist viruses, improve the flow of bile, relieve spasms, have anti-carcinogenic, antioxidant, diuretic effect, promote healing of ulcers.
Tannins have an antioxidant, astringent effect, help stop blood.
Salicylic acid relieves inflammation, reduces tissue swelling.
Phenol compounds stimulate the kidneys and gall bladder, improve the immune system, act as an antiseptic, antispasmodic, and have a diuretic effect.
Phenol carboxylic acids improve the function of the liver and gallbladder, kidneys, reduce inflammation.
Catechins are involved in the neutralization of free radicals, have an antibacterial effect.
Essential oils are involved in the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, have antitussive effect, improve heart function.
Starch has an enveloping effect, nourishes with energy.
Glycosides produce a laxative, diuretic effect, soothe the nervous system, dilate blood vessels, and have an antimicrobial effect.
Fatty acids normalize metabolism, restore cells.
Wax has astringent and bactericidal effect.
Indications for use
Substances in the composition of tavolgi, the beneficial properties and contraindications of which we study, have a pronounced effect, therefore, drugs with it are used in the treatment of such pathologies:
- respiratory diseases (bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma),
- gastrointestinal diseases (intestinal atony, intestinal spasms, dysentery, diarrhea),
- skin diseases (purulent wounds, psoriasis, herpes, diaper rash, pressure ulcers, boils),
- inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system,
- joint diseases (arthritis, arthrosis),
- headaches, migraine,
- worm infestation,
- inflammation of the sciatic, trigeminal, facial nerve.
When the wilderness can not be used
Not only has the useful properties of meadowsweet. And there are also contraindications. If you do not take them into account, this can cause a deterioration in the general condition of the body. Contraindications include:
- individual intolerance,
- tendency to constipation (astringent properties exacerbate the situation),
- low pressure,
- low platelet count (may cause bleeding),
To avoid undesirable situations, you need to consult a doctor.
The use of roots and rhizomes of meadowsweet
A distinctive feature of the underground part of meadowsweet is a high content of tannins.
From the roots make powder, used in broths, infusions and tinctures, teas.
The use of roots of meadowsweet in preparations helps:
- with bleeding (speeds up the process of blood clotting),
- reduction of pain in rheumatism, gout,
- reduce body temperature
- normalize the nervous system,
- with worm infestation,
- in the prevention of thrombophlebitis,
- during the recovery period after a heart attack,
- in the treatment of pustular skin diseases.
Ointment for arthritis, rheumatic pains is prepared as follows: 25 g of the root, ground into powder, mix with 100 g of butter (butter) or vaseline, rub into a sore spot, wrap.
Broth roots when recovering from a heart attack can be prepared as follows. Insist, using a water bath, 20 g of roots in one liter of water (15-20 minutes). Drink 50 ml four times a day.
Can be used in compresses for purulent skin diseases.
Ointment for burns, ulcers: powder from the roots (1 part) and vegetable oil (5 parts) to insist 12 hours, squeeze, apply a compress for 6-7 hours. Before mixing, sterilize the oil in a bottle (in water over low heat).
Use of seeds and flowers
In the cold season, it is important how to prevent colds. As a preventive measure, inflorescences of meadowsweet are used in the infusion.
Meadowsweet flowers strengthen the immune system, have an antimicrobial effect, therefore, are successfully used in the prevention of influenza, acute respiratory infections.
Infusion of flowers is prepared as follows. Jar (500 ml) tightly filled with flowers at half the volume, fill with cold water, withstand 12 hours. For the preservation of the infusion add 25 g of tincture of calendula (pharmacy). Add to tea, juice, compote.
Ointment for psoriasis: 10 g of crushed flowers are well mixed with 40 g of vaseline, rub into problem areas.
Meat tincture after a stroke: 100 g of vodka and 2 teaspoons of seeds should be kept without light for 10 days, taken with food for 2 teaspoons.
Meadowsweet: healing properties
Ascorbic acid is present in large quantities in the leaves and stalks of meadowsweet, so the herb is used:
- to restore the nervous system (insomnia, fatigue),
- to enhance the protective functions of the body,
- with diaper rash (powder).
In these cases, it is useful to use herbal infusion: 250 ml of boiled water at room temperature and 1 tsp. To sustain herbs for 8 hours, drink before meals four times a day for half a glass.
Infusion is used for compresses (ulcers, wounds), to strengthen the hair (rinsing the hair after washing).
Meadowsweet tea strengthens the immune system, is the prevention of diseases in the cold season, reduces stomach pain, relieves irritation:
- 2 tbsp. spoons of meadowsweet endure no more than 15 minutes in a liter of boiling water, drink with honey during the day,
- teaspoon flowers of meadowsweet brew five minutes in 250 ml of boiling water.
The grass and flowers of meadowsweet can be added to various teas (green and black, cypraea) and used as a preventive measure in the cold season in hot or warm form with the addition of honey.
The tincture of meadowsweet is always prepared on the basis of the alcohol-containing component. This may be alcohol, vodka, wine.
Alcohol tincture (diabetes, gastritis, gastric ulcer, cholecystitis, gout, inflammation of the joints):
- one liter of vodka (alcohol),
- 50 g of flowers
- 20 grams of sugar.
Keep the composition in a cool and dark place for two weeks. Dosage: a teaspoon three times a day before meals. Reception duration from 21 days to 30 days.
Tincture for compresses: 1 part of crushed meadowsweet and 5 parts of vodka withstand five days.
Tincture is not recommended for people with alcohol dependence, in inflammatory processes in the liver.
Tincture on water (high pressure):
- 1 tbsp. spoon of leaves of meadowsweet,
- two glasses of boiling water.
To sustain a mix, having wrapped, 15 minutes, to drink before meal on a teaspoon.
Meadowsweet: recipes of traditional medicine
Herbalists believe that blood sugar helps from forty diseases and the range of its application is quite diverse.
Consider some recipes.
From the meadows, you can prepare an infusion for tumors of various etiologies, bleeding, seizures. Infuse 2 tsp of roots in a glass of water for 35 minutes in a water bath. Take 50 ml before meals three times a day.
Infusion of diarrhea: insist 10 minutes 1 tbsp. spoonful of roots in a glass of boiling water (preferably in a water bath). Reception - four times a day and 1 tbsp. spoon before meals.
Tincture with neurasthenia, atherosclerosis, stroke, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, rheumatism: endure 14 days 5 tbsp. l flowers (or 2 tablespoons. roots) in 100 ml of vodka. Drink 15 drops of tincture in a spoonful of water twice a day after meals.
Compresses with radiculitis, lumbago, arthritis, etc. can be done like this: keep grass wrapped in gauze for half a minute in boiling water, keep it in a sore spot for 1-8 hours.
Shepherd for women's health
Useful properties of meadowsweet are used in gynecology.
Decoction for douching (hemorrhoids, mastopathy, endometriosis, thrush, erosion): stir 6-7 teaspoons of meadowsweet (roots, flowers) in water (1 liter), hold for 30 minutes in a water bath, strain well through two layers of gauze. Warm broth to syringing up to three times a day.
Infusion for the treatment of infertility: take in equal parts flowers of meadowsweet, linden, clover, chop, 3 tbsp. spoon to insist in a liter of boiling water for three hours. Take 1 glass before meals three times a day.
To obtain oil of the meadowsweet, the above-ground part of the plant is used, which is rich in acetylsalicylic acid, tannins, and vitamin C.
Oil components help:
- reduce the temperature
- reduce headache and toothache
- help reduce inflammation
- reduce blood viscosity and blood clots,
- accelerate recovery from colds, viral infections, flu,
- with joint and muscle pain.
The oil can be used in the form of compresses, rubbing, lotions, for oral administration, for water procedures (bathing) and massage.
Cooking oil at home is difficult, but you can make an analog. It will also include useful components, only in a lower concentration.
Cooking buttermawl at home consists of several stages:
- 2 tbsp. spoons of well-crushed raw materials (you can use all parts of the plant) and stir 250 ml of vegetable oil, stand in the dark for ten days, squeeze, strain.
- 1 pack of meadowsweet (pharmacy packaging) pour unrefined sunflower oil (to cover all the grass), heat (do not boil). Can be used immediately, but it is better to stand in the dark for 10-14 days.
How to apply the oil:
- rub in sore spot with joint and muscle pain (then warm),
- drip a few drops in the bath,
- for a massage in a neutral cream add a few drops of oil of meadowsweet, stir well,
- rub into the temporal region with a headache
- apply 1-2 drops on the oil burner (prevention and treatment of colds).
How to apply the oil purchased at the pharmacy is indicated in the instructions. The uses of meadowsweet are varied, and you can always find an option that is right for you.
What does the meadowsweet plant look like and the use of grass
Meadowsweetis also commonly referred to as wildernesssince it should be attributed to such a species, it is often found in the European part, as well as in the eastern territory. Culture loves to settle most in damp places where there is a small level of illumination and lack of sunlight. It is easy to find the culture on the territory of grassy marshes, in ravines, in shady forest areas and along the banks of rivers, on the marsh edges.
Labaznik is perennial culture, whose height in most cases reaches 1.5 meters. The leaves of the culture of the toothed type, are pointed at the end, with coarse and highly distinct veins. The colors of the leaves are dark green, the top culture is most similar to elm, for this reason, in most cases, it is called leafy. Below the plant is more like light felt.
If a leaf of a plant is rubbed in a hand, then a delicate aroma can be caught. The culture blooms in June, forming at the same time quite long panicles with a large number of small inflorescences of cream shade. The process of active flowering continues in the culture throughout the summer and until the end of August. In the process of flowering meadowsweet exudes a pleasant smell, so at this time bees are actively flying over the plant.
Features of the herb and its beneficial properties
This culture has been fairly well studied, so its composition includes many varieties:
- Labaznik is natural aspirin, its main component is considered to be salicylic acid and its derivatives, they contribute to blood thinning, have special anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- In the leaves and stems of the plant there carotene and ascorbic acid, that is why meadowsweet may well be suitable for the preparation of vitamin salads in the spring.
- In this plant were reliable catechins - These are good antioxidants that help eliminate harmful substances and organisms from the human body.
- The aromatic properties of the plant can also have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Also in the meadowslide you can find tannins and phenols, they are able to give the plant a special antiseptic action. The presence of phenol carbonic and other higher fatty acids.
- In the roots of the plant there is a fairly large number flavonoidswhich are differently called food antioxidants, which interact with vitamin C and multiply its effects on the human body.
It is worth noting that aspirin can sometimes cause irreparable harm to the whole body, there are buffer components in the meadowsweet, which can mitigate the effect on salicylates.
How does grass affect the human body?
The positive process of influence on the human body is caused by a special therapeutic effect on the plant's organism, as well as its diverse elemental composition:
- A decoction of the roots of this plant can qualitatively help during a cold, acting as a diaphoretic drug.
- Strengthens the overall process of urination, which effectively reduces the overall pressure during the development of hypertension.
- Shepherd is able to quickly delay injuries and injuries, eliminates a special pain.
- In order to quickly cure ulcers should be used as one of the substances of complex therapy, as it can reduce the pain of a person.
- Meadowsweet contains special astringent properties, protects and tones the walls of the stomach, with the help of which the normal functioning of substances is maintained in digestion.
- Antimicrobial property. It helps to use the herb during inflammatory processes of various origins.
- During diarrhea.
- Ascorbic acid and antioxidants are found in large quantities inside the roots of meadowsweet, their special beneficial substances make it possible to use the drug as a component for the collection and prevention of cancer and the general strengthening of human immunity during the development of diseases.
It should be remembered that during therapy for treating the stomach, a small amount of plantain, chamomile or Althea root should be added to the meadowsweet.
Meadowsweed application, useful properties of Meadowsweet
Use in folk medicine of this plant is in most cases limited to certain decoctions and tinctures.
- They can cure eye disease, cold.
- Stomach aches and pains.
- Remove harmful substances from the body alcoholic during the process of intoxication.
- Eliminate worms.
- Eliminate eye puffiness during heart and kidney related diseases.
- Anticonvulsant it is used to improve the general condition of epileptics and people with rabies.
- Diureticwhich especially helps during the development of gout and rheumatism.
- Tincture should be used as lotions and special compresses, it can disinfect purulent wounds, as well as trophic types of ulcers.
The plant can be used not only in its pure form, but also included in the composition of a large number of medicinal herbs.
Meadowsweet useful properties and contraindications
For the prevention and treatment of the treatment of various diseases of this flower should consider it properties and featureswhich include:
- Tonic effect, tea can be made from them.
- Anti-inflammatory as well as anesthetic. So tinctures based on vodka should handle painful wounds. At the same time, it is worth making various compresses during pain in joints, arthrosis and arthritis, inflammation of the trigeminal nerve. To do this, collect fresh plant buds and take one liter of vodka, sugar - 20 grams. To insist on this mixture is worth for 10 days.
- Powder of flowers capable qualitatively treat diaper rash and sweating both armpits and legs.
- During the development of gout It should be used nastoku, for which they take two teaspoons and poured boiling water, at the coming of 10 minutes, the precipitate should be drained. Drink the drug in small sips.
- During psoriasis meadowsweet can improve the patient's condition, reduce the number of plaques, and also reduce the general itching in the patient's body. Dried inflorescences need to be crushed to a state of powder, mixed together with petroleum jelly or a special cream for children, after lubricating the diseased part of the body. Repeating lubrication of the affected area costs three times a day.
In the summer season, the plant should insist on cooled, but boiled water in advance. A half-liter jar should be filled with flowers of the plant, and then filled with water. This mixture is left for 12 hours on the table. To prevent the drug mixture from spoiling too quickly, add 100 grams of calendula tincture to it.
It will help to make prophylaxis during group viruses and colds, this tincture is also able to cope well with the development of herpes in a patient. Use the solution is 1 teaspoon four times a day.
The flowers of the plant are used in the form of aromatic additives, as well as a special seasoning for soup.
It should be noted that if you add honey to tea, the drink automatically becomes not only tastier, but even more useful several times.
Useful properties of meadowsweet for women
The use of this drug useful in gynecology.
- Reduces inflammation in the fallopian tubes.
- Resolves spikes.
- Removes inflammation in the vagina.
- Used during the development of pathologies inside the cervix.
During infertility one should brew a flower of meadowsweet, cuprea, as well as clover in equal proportion, mix and brew in tea. It is necessary to use tincture to 4 glasses in a day. On one glass should use 1 tablespoon of all plants. The decoction should be drunk immediately after welding, and allowed after two hours of infusion.
Broth for the implementation of douching in the development of colpitis and cervical dysplasia
- Litere of water.
- Two tablespoons of dry collection.
On low heat, boil the mixture for half an hour. After that, straining and addition of water to the initial volume takes place. Douching should be carried out both in the morning and in the evening and for ten days. If critical days come, then at this time it is worth taking a break in the use of this treating drug.
How to assemble a healing plant?
The beneficial characteristics of the plant have been known by the people for more than 600 years; therefore, the plant is also recognized as traditional medicine, but it is officially used in Europe in the form of medicinal culture. The main feature of the culture lies in the fact that all parts of the plant that rise above the ground have medicinal properties. The roots should be dug out only with the onset of cold or spring, but you should remember that you need to save the population of this culture, so you should not take too much.
The process of drying the plant should take place at a temperature not higher than forty degrees Celsius, since it is precisely in this time that all the healing properties of this culture and valuable essential oils are preserved. The grass is tied with special tufts that are suspended from the ceiling, and a clean cloth is spread from below. It is on her in the future will begin to fall dried petals of the plant.
Special contraindications medicinal plants
Most often the labaznik does not cause any allergic processes in the human body, if you do not exceed the dosage recommended for its use, then there will be no particular problems with it. But there are special contraindications for its use:
- The plant can be called truly poisonous, so it is forbidden to drink it for the treatment of adolescents younger than 12 years old.
- It is also forbidden to use it during pregnancy.
- An overdose of the drug occurs in the form of vomiting and nausea.
- Since this culture is effectively used in the treatment of hypertensive diseases, those who are prone to hypotension should not be used inside, or caution should be used, since a sharp decrease in the overall level of pressure in the body is possible.
- In patients with poor blood clotting, the meadowsweet can provoke heavy bleeding.
- People who suffer from constipation often notice a delay in a normal stool.
- For a large number of people with asthma, this culture causes severe spasms inside the airways.
Still, you shouldn’t achieve the result you want by increasing the total dosage of the remedy, the best way is to tune in to a reasonable and balanced long term therapy with drug treatment. The maximum dosage of the product is no more than 15 grams of dry grass meadow per day. Reception should be carried out no more than four weeks, since in the future the grass can only harm the body. If there is a long course of drug treatment ahead of you, then it is worth mitigating its impact with the help of the leaves of lingonberry, blackberry, or strawberry.
Meadowspace is a therapeutic tool that is considered effective and multifaceted, but its use inside the body should be approached very carefully and carefully, no need to make experiments with your health and prescribe treatment therapy yourself, you should consult with your doctor before using the drug and strictly adhere to the prescribed treatment regimen of this flower.
Melee shestilnestnaya - you need to be able to distinguish
- In contact with
- My world
AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO TAVOLGA DRINK TOGETHER WITH ANTIDEPRESSANTS
Excellent article, but the photo is not black-leafed, and rybinobylnaya
Mountain ashberry is a shrub. It has pyramidal inflorescences, in the meadowsweet panicles look different. Link to the image of a rowan ...
Meadowsweet is well studied, its useful properties:
- Meadowsweet is a herbaceous aspirin, because it contains salicylic acid, which thins the blood and manifests itself as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The leaves and stems of the plant are rich in carotene and ascorbic acid. Vitamin salads can be made from them in spring.
- The plant contains catechins, which are considered good antioxidants and remove all dangerous substances from the body.
- Aromatic substances have anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The composition also includes tannins and phenols, which allow it to have an antiseptic effect.
- Phenol carboxylic and fatty acids have also been discovered.
- The composition of the roots of the plant are flavonoids, which when interacting with vitamin C can enhance the action of each other.
Effect on the body
Thanks to its healing properties, the Labaznik telecom positive effect on the human body:
- decoction of the roots helps to eliminate colds and acts as a diaphoretic,
- improves urination, which is good for reducing pressure in hypertension,
- the plant promotes wound healing and relieves pain,
- used in the treatment of ulcers,
- due to the astringent action it protects the stomach and its walls, which helps normalize digestion,
- due to its antimicrobial action, it is used for various inflammations,
- helps with diarrhea,
- due to the large amount of antioxidants and ascorbic acid, which are contained in the roots of the plant, it is used as a cancer prevention and as a fortifying agent during its treatment.
Strong-witted leaves can not be used by those people who are prone to hypotension and have chronic constipation, and also have a weak blood clotting, because in this case the plant is able to open the bleeding. Do not take it to people with allergic reactions, so do not experiment on your own, but rather consult your doctor for advice. No need to give it to children under 12 years old.
Quite easy to grow this plant in your area, except that planting material must be natural. Labaznik roots must be dug in spring or autumn in the places where it grows, and then planted in the garden, keeping a distance of 40 cm.
Special care is not required, it is enough to do weeding and sometimes to feed with mineral fertilizers, but you can do without them. Just every autumn it is enough to add about 3 cm of compost or humus to the ground.
Choose a better place for him raw, where other plants will not grow. If there is no such place, then place the grass in a man-made reservoir, there she will feel great.
The meadowsweet propagates by seeds as well as vegetatively. It was described above, when rhizomes of meadowsweet are dug out and planted in a new place. In addition, the plant is able to multiply root beds or some segments of rhizomes. But in this case, in the first year after planting the meadowsweet may not bloom.
Propagation by seeds occurs in the autumn and for this purpose they choose ripe fruits, which easily break off from the receptacle. It is best to sow them immediately, but you can wait until spring, then the seeds are stored in a cool room. During sowing you need to lay the seeds up to 2 cm in depth.
Use in traditional medicine
For the treatment of various diseases used flowers and rhizomes of plants. The roots must be harvested in advance and collected at the moment when the plant is just beginning to bloom. Dug out the roots should be cleaned from the ground, washed and cut into pieces. To dry them in the shade under a canopy, where there is good air circulation, and then put in storage in a dry place. Roots are stored for about three years.
Labaznika flowers dried and make infusions and decoctions of them. But, besides this, they are used as an aromatic seasoning for soups and added to alcohol for a particular taste. And if you add honey to the tea from the meadowsweet flowers, the drink will be doubly useful.
The beneficial properties of the meadowsweet flowers are as follows:
- tea has a tonic effect on the entire body,
- tincture on vodka has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect,
- make tinctures of tinctures for pain in the joints, inflammation of the ternary nerve, and also treat wounds with it. To prepare it, take fresh flowers of meadowsweet, pour in 1 liter of vodka and add 20 grams of sugar, leave for 10 days,
- powdered powdered flowers can cure diaper rash and sweating feet,
- Infusion of flowers on boiling water is used for gout. For this 2 tbsp. flowers pour boiling water and insist 10 minutes, then you should drink it in small sips,
- if the powder from the flowers is mixed with petroleum jelly or baby cream, then they can lubricate the affected areas with psoriasis.
Application in gynecology
Meteorology has been widely used in gynecology in the treatment of women's ailments:
- helps to reduce the inflammatory process in the fallopian tubes,
- able to absorb spikes,
- can be used for various pathological changes in the cervix,
- eliminates the inflammatory process in the vagina.
In addition, the Labaznik is the grass that helps with female infertility. For this you need to make a collection. It is necessary in equal proportions take flowers of meadowsweet, linden and red clover. All flowers mix well and pour boiling water per 1 cup boiling water - 1 tbsp. collection. Insist the mixture for 2 hours and then drink.
In case of cervical dysplasia or colpitis, they make a decoction for douching: 2 tbsp. dried herbs are crushed and 1 liter of water is added. It is necessary to cook the mixture on low heat for 30 minutes. Then it is necessary to strain and add water so that it is exactly 1 liter and doused with broth in the morning and evening for 10 days.
From all of the above, it can be concluded that the meadow worm is a unique and effective plant that has beneficial properties and helps with many diseases. In folk medicine, the plant is used for a long time, but it also found its place in conventional medicine. But it is not necessary to engage in self-treatment, but it is best to ask the opinion of the doctor so that he selects an individual treatment regimen, and then the wilderness will bring only benefit and does not harm the body.
The plant has an extensive list of pharmacological properties. The most important among them are anti-inflammatory, diuretic, astringent and antitumor. The herb is used by official medicine as part of fees, as well as traditional healers, both in pure form and in conjunction with other plants.
Meadowsweet (meadowsweet), ordinary and colored, have similar morphological characteristics and almost the same chemical composition. Traditionally, folk and official medicine uses wormwood, and traditional healers know that wilderness is its natural counterpart. The useful properties of meadowsweet amaze with their versatility.
Where can I find
Meadowsweet found everywhere on the moist, fertile soil of the European part of Russia. In particular, she likes wet forest areas, especially in olshanniki. Located near forest streams. Growing up, meadowsweet forms difficult-passable thickets. In contrast to this species, the field of ordinary oil is rarely found on the roadsides, which indicates its unpretentiousness to moisture and the composition of the soil.
The most significant difference between the tie and common meadowsweet is the size of the plants. The common view is often smaller.
- Roots. The difference between the root system of two plants is the presence of root tubers in the ordinary species. In the marshland, roots are represented by fleshy rhizomes arranged in a fibrous type.
- Stems. Erect stems of plants of a cylindrical shape, ending with volumetric inflorescences. Stems of meadowsweet leafy. Often do not branch. The height of the stems of an ordinary type does not exceed 80 cm, whereas that of stems can reach 150 cm.
- Leaves. Single-pinnate, can reach a length of 30 cm. Equipped with stipules. Leafy plates are egg-shaped, the surface is corrugated along venation. Edge serrated From the bottom side the color is lighter than from the top. The visco-tree form of meadowsweet is distinguished by the presence of small leaves on the rachis, between large ones.
- Flowers The inflorescences are located on the top of the stems. Small flowers are collected in small plates, a large number of which forms a wide spreading panicle. Corolla flowers pentamerous. Flowers of the leaf-colored meadowsweet are painted in yellow-white color, ordinary - in white. In addition, the common meadow-breed has a smaller diameter of flowers and the volume of inflorescences. Combines both kinds of pleasant aroma, exuded by the plant during flowering. Active bloom is observed in late July - early August.
- Fruit. Represented by multi-holes consisting of bare, spiral-twisted, sickle-shaped nuts.
Both species belong to the perennial herbs.
Preparation of raw materials
Official medicine recognizes the medicinal properties of the meadowsweet meadowsweet. In folk medicine, the active preparation of all parts of the cat-made and ordinary type of meadowsweet.
- Inflorescences They are collected in the period of mass flowering, cutting off part of the stem with inflorescence, without leaves. Lay out in a single layer on a pallet of paper or cloth, or hang on a thick thread. Dry in a shaded, well-ventilated place. Drying leaves and ordinary with the help of a dryer, it is necessary, subject to a temperature of 40 ° C. Keep the inflorescences of meadowsweet should be in tight cardboard packaging.
- Leaves, grass. Gather in the flowering phase, because at this time in the grass accumulates a maximum of useful compounds. Cut off leaves or aerial parts. Dried under a canopy with a thin layer or, hanging panicles of meadowsweet. Store glass or wooden container.
- Roots and rhizomes. Dig in the early spring or late fall. After digging up the plant with a shovel, it is gently pulled out of the soil, shake off the ground, chopped off the aerial part. After this, the roots of the meadowsweet are washed with plenty of running cold water. Dried in the open air, lay out a thin layer in the shade, with good ventilation. Dried roots are stored in bags of fabric for three years, subject to good ventilation and dry room.
In contrast to the roots that are stored for a long time, the aboveground part of the meadowsweet is stored for only one year.
As mentioned above, the chemical composition of the meadowstock and common is like. A common characteristic for both plants is the content of an extensive complex of useful substances.
- Vitamin C. The most famous natural antioxidant is a stabilizer of connective tissue. It has an immunostimulating effect. It shows antistress activity, regulating the production of neurotransmitters responsible for the psycho-emotional state. Member of hormonal synthesis in the adrenal glands. It has anti-inflammatory activity.
- Tannins. There are in all parts of the plant are represented by compounds of the pyrocatechin group. Proteins are precipitated to form albuminates. May be irritating or enveloping. The effect of tannins on the body depends on the concentration in which they fall on the mucous membranes.It is known that tannins tannic substances knit, stop bleeding, and also have an antioxidant effect.
- Phenolic compounds. Presented by monotropitin, spirein, spiramin, spirtin. These substances stimulate the formation of bile, urine, normalize blood clotting, have antibacterial properties. They are able to stimulate the adrenal cortex, and also show antispasmodic action.
- Salicylates Possess anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties, due to the ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins. Show ability to normalize permeability of capillaries, eliminating, and also preventing development of hypostases.
- Flavonoids. They have a vasoprotective, antihypertensive effect. Stimulate the work of the heart muscle, dilute the blood. Being antioxidants, exhibit anticarcinogenic, antitumor effect. Stimulate the body's defenses. They have anti-ulcer, choleretic, diuretic properties.
- Catechins. Compounds with a pronounced antitumor effect. They are able to neutralize radical compounds, slow down and stop the development of tumor structures.
- Phenol carbolic acids. They have hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, diuretic properties. Relieve spasms of blood vessels, normalizing blood delivery to the renal pelvis.
- Essential oil. Its main component is salicylic aldehyde, which gives the inflorescence of meadowsweet pronounced honey shade of aroma. Essential oil stimulates the cardiovascular system, has bactericidal, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Stimulates broncho-pulmonary secretion.
- Fatty acid. Participate and optimize lipid metabolism, are the basis for the production of high-density lipoprotein. Stabilize cell membranes, being their main structural component. Chlorogenic acid, located in the inflorescences of meadowsweet, prevents the absorption of glucose in the intestine, which is very useful in type 2 diabetes.
- Glycosides. Stimulants diuresis, peristalsis, excitation processes in the nervous system. Show sedative properties, antimicrobic activity.
- Starch. Easily assimilable source of glucose, has enveloping properties.
- Wax. It exhibits antibacterial activity, as well as the ability to regenerate and accelerate the healing of skin lesions.
- Carotenoids. Precursors of vitamin A, a participant in metabolic and regenerative processes.
The content of tannins in all parts of the plant is characteristic of the meadowstock and common meadowsweet.
Features It is taken orally for malignant tumors, as a detoxifying, anesthetic, sedative and hemostatic, antitumor agent.
Preparation and use
- A couple of teaspoons of dried shredded tubers pour 300 ml of boiling water.
- The mixture is placed in a water bath for half an hour.
- After ten minutes of cooling, filter the broth.
- Accept inside on a quarter of a glass, three times a day, before meal.
Application of grass and leaves
The properties of the meadowsweet are also preserved by the dried up grass of the plant harvested. It is used to eliminate bronchopulmonary diseases, cough, internal inflammation, nephritis, cystitis. Antibacterial and antiviral properties help to overcome colds. Powder from the grass can sprinkle diaper rash, burns, "wet" wounds, eczematous rashes, herpes.
Features To the above indications, you can add hormonal disorders, thyroid disease, gynecological inflammation. Tincture is used internally and externally.
Preparation and use
- 20 g leaves of meadowsweet pour 100 g of pure vodka.
- Insist the mixture for five days in a dark place.
- After infusion, filter, use externally, or drink 25 drops of each, dissolving them in half a glass of water. Reception regimen - before meals, multiplicity - three times a day.
Features Home-made decoction of the grass of the meadowsweet can be used to treat bronchitis, pneumonia, gout, rheumatism, and insomnia. Many healers recommend using a hair product, as it improves their growth. If you apply a decoction for the face, as a rinse, noticeably improve the tone and skin color.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of herbs is poured with half a liter of boiled water, cooled to room temperature.
- After infusion overnight, the medium is filtered and taken orally through a third of a glass, three times a day, before meals.
Dried inflorescences are used as an anticonvulsant, as well as for headaches. Preparations are prepared from flowers for treating chest and heart pains, eliminating asphyxiation and feeling pressure in the chest. Hormonal disorders, neuroses and neurasthenia - all this is in the competence of meadowsweet.
Features It can be used as a diuretic and antidiarrheal agent.
Preparation and use
- A teaspoon of dried flowers is poured over a glass of boiled water.
- Brewed tea should be for five minutes.
- Used to rinse wounds, or drink inside no more than two cups per day.
Features The benefits of the meadowsweet lies in the ability to regulate the female hormones. The recipe can be used to treat infertility caused by hormonal disorders and cycle disruptions.
Preparation and use
- Mix on a tablespoon of meadow flowers, linden and red clover.
- In a thermos plant mixture is poured with a liter of boiling water.
- After a two-hour infusion, the product can be filtered and ingested.
- The infusion is drunk twice a day, in one glass, half an hour before meals.
Features The tool is used as a diaphoretic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory agent, as well as to eliminate diarrhea of any origin.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of flowers poured two cups of boiling water.
- Close the container, insist means for three hours.
- After infusion, filter the drug, drink two tablespoons, with an interval of two hours.
Meadowsweet grass in the wild is found in Europe and Western Asia. The plant is cultivated in the countries of North America. The labaznik grows in Russia in the European part of the country, in the Caucasus, in Siberia.
Meadowsweet prefers moist soils and shady areas. Occurs in flood plains, marshes, along rivers and lakes, in riparian forests.
Healing properties and contraindications of meadowsweet are in the saturated chemical composition of the plant. Flavonoids dilute the blood and stimulate the heart, ascorbic acid has an immunomodulatory effect, the essential oil - bactericidal and anti-inflammatory.
The beneficial properties of the meadowsweet herb are used to treat diseases of the cardiovascular system. Plant based preparations stimulate myocardial function, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and relieve their spasms.
The plant has a diuretic, analgesic, diaphoretic and antispasmodic action. In folk medicine, the meadowsweet is widely used to treat diseases of the stomach and urogenital system.
The medicinal properties of the Labaznika are used for oncological diseases. Plant based products stop the development of cancer cells and have an antitumor effect.
Meadowsweet for men and for women are equally useful. It has an additional effect on women - it normalizes hormones, regulates the menstrual cycle and contributes to the onset of pregnancy.
The plant has a pronounced regenerating effect. Drugs based on it are used externally for the treatment of skin diseases and healing of the epidermis after wounds and burns. Meadowsweet stale effectively eliminates skin rashes and heals ulcers.
Means on the basis of meadowsweet are used to treat diseases of the muscles and joints. Meadowsweet stale effectively eliminates pain and swelling of tissues with gout, rheumatism and osteochondrosis.
You have learned the healing properties of the meadowsweet. Now we will tell how to independently prepare a medicinal plant.
How to collect
The rhizome of meadowsweet is harvested twice a year - in spring and autumn. At this time, the plant contains the maximum amount of biologically active substances. The stalks and flowers of the Labaznika are collected during the flowering period.
When harvesting the roots of their dig, cleaned of the soil, washed under running water and cut into pieces. Stems with flowers cut off with a sharp knife.
Collected medicinal raw materials are dried under a canopy or in the shade in a well-ventilated area. The optimum temperature during drying is 45–50 degrees.
How to apply
In folk medicine, means based on meadowsweet is used to treat diseases of the cardiovascular, respiratory and urogenital systems, the gastrointestinal tract, and diseases of the oral cavity.
Herbal preparations are widely used in gynecology for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and normalization of the menstrual cycle. Consider the common recipe on the basis of Labaznika.
Infusion for diabetes
In folk medicine, the Labaznik is widely used in type 2 diabetes as an additional therapeutic agent. Infusion plants not only regulates blood sugar levels, but also removes harmful cholesterol from the body.
- Rhizomes of meadowsweet - 1 tsp.
- Water - 250 ml.
How to cook: Wash the rhizomes of the plant, grind them in a coffee grinder to a powdered consistency, pour into a thermos and pour a glass of boiling water. Insist drink at least 8 hours. Strain the infusion through a multi-layer gauze or cotton-gauze filter.
How to use: Take the infusion in small sips throughout the day. The specified amount of funds is designed for 1 day.
Result: With regular use, the infusion lowers blood sugar levels and normalizes metabolism.
Rinse with tooth cyst
In dentistry, labrador-based products are often used for tooth cyst and granulomas. With regular use of herbal remedies can do without surgical intervention.
- Root meadowsweet roots - 10 gr.
- Vodka - 100 ml.
How to cook: Rinse the rhizomes, grind them in a coffee grinder to a powder and fill with vodka. Infuse the product at room temperature for 5 days, shaking the container daily. Strain the finished drink through a multi-layer cheesecloth.
How to use: Dilute 10 ml of tincture in a glass of water and use this mouthwash.
Result: The tool effectively eliminates the inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, has analgesic, disinfecting and antitumor action.
Broth for hypertension
Meadowsweet contains salicylates - substances that prevent the adhesion of platelets. The meadowsweet is useful for hypertension, stroke, heart attack and capillary fragility.
- Meadowsweet - 50 gr.
- Horse chestnut - 30 gr.
- Strawberry berries - 5 pcs.
- Water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Crush the dry ingredients, fill them with water and put the container in a water bath. Boil the broth at minimum heat under the lid for 5-7 minutes. Remove the drink from the stove, cover the pot with a towel and let cool at room temperature. Filter the broth using a strainer.
How to use: Take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day. The course is 30 days.
Result: With regular use, blood sugar decoction normalizes the cardiovascular system, lowers blood pressure and strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
Tea for stomach pains
Meadowsweet contains a large amount of salicylic acid, which is known for irritating the gastric mucosa. Despite this, plant-based products are indicated for use in diseases of the stomach, including increased acidity of the gastric juice. To enhance the therapeutic effect of the herb combined with other medicinal plants.
- Flowers of meadowsweet - 50 gr.
- Licorice - 30 gr.
- Immortelle sandy - 30 gr.
- Gray Alder - 20 gr.
- Water - 1 liter.
How to cook: Rinse herbs with running water, pour them into the teapot and pour boiling water over it. Infuse tea for at least 15–20 minutes.
How to use: Take 1 cup of tea half an hour before each meal.
Result: Tea normalizes digestion, eliminates pain and cramps.
Infusion for women's health
Labaznik for women is widely used. It is called grass for the treatment of infertility. Herbal preparations normalizes hormones, resolve adhesions, eliminate inflammation in the fallopian tubes. Means on the basis of meadowsweet during pregnancy is contraindicated, as they contain toxic substances.
- Flowers of meadowsweet - 10 gr.
- Red clover - 10 gr.
- Linden flowers - 10 gr.
- Water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Combine dry ingredients, pour them into a thermos and pour boiling water over it. Close the lid tightly and infuse for 2 hours. Strain the finished brew through multi-layer gauze.
How to use: Take an infusion of 50 ml 3 times a day. The tool can be used for douching, pre-diluted with 5 tablespoons of infusion in 100 ml of boiled water.
Result: The infusion has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. When used regularly, meadowwood normalizes the menstrual cycle.
Meadowsweet has proved itself as a highly effective medicinal plant.
Forms of application
On the basis of meadowsweet, various water-based drugs and alcohol-based preparations are prepared. They can be purchased at pharmacies or prepared at home from dry plant materials. Consider the basic forms of the use of labaznik-based products.
Labazhnika tea is brewed from the grass or inflorescences of the plant. This drink has anti-inflammatory and diuretic action. It is widely used to treat diseases of the urogenital system and the gastrointestinal tract. With regular use, tea from the meadowstock has a fortifying effect.
Broth meadowsweet is made from the roots and herbs of the plant. The tool is used internally for the treatment of oncology, disorders of the cardiovascular system, intestinal disorders and diseases of the urogenital system. The broth is used externally for douching in gynecology and for disinfecting wounds and abrasions.
Infusion of meadowsweet reduces blood sugar levels, normalizes sleep and has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects in diseases of the liver, kidneys and urinary system. The tool is widely used in gynecology for the treatment of thrush, irregular menstrual cycle, mastopathy, cervical erosion and infertility.
Tincture of the plant has anticonvulsant and sedative effects. It is prescribed for disorders of the heart and central nervous system. The tool has a high regenerating activity, so it is used for the healing of ulcers, cracks and erosions of the stomach.
Labaznik tincture is used externally for grinding and compresses for rheumatism, gout, arthrosis and osteochondrosis. With its help, nonhealing wounds and trophic ulcers are treated.
Ointment from meadowsweet used externally to treat diseases of the joints and skin diseases. The tool effectively relieves and relieves inflammation in rheumatism, arthrosis and osteochondrosis. To prepare the drug, the powdered roots of the plant are mixed with butter, petroleum jelly or lanolin in a ratio of 20 g. dry raw material to 90 ml of liquid.
From the flowers of the plant by distillation get the oil of the meadowsweet. This tool is used externally for the treatment of damaged skin and treatment of diseases of the joints. It is widely used in aromatherapy for the treatment of disorders of the nervous system.
The use of oil of meadowsweet is a high concentration of biologically active substances. Due to this tool has a pronounced sedative, antispasmodic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory action.
Meadowsweet or meadowsweet belongs to the genus Tavolga (lat. Filipendula), the family Pink or Rosaceae (lat. Rosaceae). The plant belongs to the order Rosaceae (lat. Rosales), the class Dicotyledon (lat. Dicotyledones) or Magnoliopsida (lat. Magnoliopsida), section Flowering or Portoseeding (lat. Magnoliophyta).
The genus Tavolga combines 16 species of herbaceous plants. The most common ones are:
- Meadowsweet meadows (lat. Filipendula ulmaria),
- Shepherd's Kamchatka (lat. Filipendula camtschatica),
- Meadowsweet ordinary (lat. Filipendula vulgaris),
- Meadowsweet narrow-blade (lat. Filipendula angustiloba),
- Meadowsweet palmate (lat. Filipendula palmata),
- Meadowsweet is the smoothest (lat. Filipendula glaberrima).
The action of meadowsweet in cosmetics
Meadowsweet is rich in flavonoids, phenolic compounds with extremely powerful antioxidant activity, and the presence of salicylates determines a pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect of the components based on this plant.
In addition to these phytochemicals, the Labaznik contains high concentrations of rutin, vitamins A, C, fatty acids, tannins, coumarins, sterols, phenolcarboxylic acids, alkaloids, anthocyanins, α-terpineol, linalool, ionon, vanillin, heliotropin, benzaldehyde, ethyl benzoate, benzyl, benzyl, benzaldehyde, benzylidene, ionone, vanillin, heliotropin, benzaldehyde, ethyl benzoate, benzylidene and β-damaskenon.
Basically, the effect of this ingredient is aimed at inhibiting various molecular pathways in the inflammatory process; therefore, this component can reduce inflammation on the skin, regardless of the cause of its occurrence.
In addition, meadowsweet is an excellent detoxification and anti-edema agent, which also stabilizes vascular tone, that is, it actually has a capillary-protective, neurotropic effect.
Meadowsweed extract is used as a fat-burning agent in slimming products. As a rule, for this purpose it is used in combination with other plant components (gorana, coffee, horsetail extract, ivy, etc.).
Anti-inflammatory and astringent properties of meadowsweet extract in this case have an additional effect - stabilization of tissue metabolism.
Who is shown wilderness
This component is indicated for oily, contaminated skin, although it may be suitable for the care of any skin type, depending on the presence of the following indications or problems:
- Skin toning.
- Elimination of inflammation or irritation on the skin.
- Bags under the eyes.
- The fight against puffiness.
- To accelerate the healing of microtraumas on the skin (cuts, cracks).
- In cosmetics after traumatic mechanical cleansing and other invasive cosmetic procedures.
- For normalization of seboregulation of the scalp.
- Fight against excess fat deposits.
Apply the Pickers and in the home cosmetics. For example, meadowswells make compresses on wounds and ulcers, and rinse her head with a decoction while washing to enhance hair growth.
Who is contraindicated
Meadowsweet - a safe plant component (meadowsweet, even eaten). A strict contraindication is the individual hypersensitivity reaction.
Cosmetics containing Meadowsweet
In the daily skin care cosmetics, meadowsweet extract is used as a protective antioxidant additive, as well as in products for the care of oily and combination skin prone to acne and the formation of comedones.
Also used labaznik in means after shaving and epilation. In cosmetics for hair, meadowsweet may be present in masks, sprays and lotions for the scalp, shown in oily seborrhea.
Rarely, toothpastes and rinses are made on the basis of extracts of meadowsweet during inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, with increased gingival bleeding. According to the Regulations of the European Union, the optimal working concentration of this component in the finished cosmetic products is 5% (from 5 to 10% in gels and creams).
Plant height varies in the range of 50-150 centimeters. Meadowsweet blooms in the summer - maybe both in June and in August, depending on the area and the weather. The flowers are small, cream-colored, gathered in fluffy paniculate inflorescences. Bottom leaves are large and oblong, and stem leaves are smaller.
In the middle lane there are quite a few plants that have a more or less similar appearance, but because of the strong characteristic odor, meadowsweet can not be confused with anything. It is noteworthy that after drying, the sweetish aroma with a light herbal and honey notes does not weaken, but only becomes more tender.
Safe treatment rules
Treatment with meadowsweet requires some caution, because despite the low toxicity of the plant, it belongs to the list of potentially poisonous.
The damage of meadowsweet and common leaves may be manifested due to the side effects that it causes:
- strengthens the stool - it is undesirable to take preparations of people with chronic constipation,
- reduces the pressure - with a tendency to hypotension, it is worth refusing treatment with tavolga,
- increases bleeding - when thrombocytopenia or violations of coagulation, blood energy becomes an additional provocateur of bleeding,
- causes allergies - hypersensitivity reactions may occur in people prone to allergies.
According to the patient reviews, when the recommended doses are observed, the meadowsweet drugs are well tolerated. At the same time, the multifaceted healing properties of meadowsweet allow the plant to be used for the treatment of many diseases. But it is important to understand that taking the plant is not a panacea and does not exclude the need for medical treatment. And in the presence of chronic diseases, it is worth coordinating the reception of the meadowsweet with your doctor.