Every gardener is well acquainted with weeds, called wood lice, from which he tries to get rid of, not sparing himself. But not everyone is aware of the beneficial effects of the plant from its use: the wood louse grass is the home doctor and an indispensable ingredient in a very tasty and healthy salad.
The life cycle of woodlice is quite short - about a month. But its seeds have the ability to quickly germinate, creating dense thickets. According to scientific research, germination of seeds persists over a thirty-year period. When the weed is removed along with the rhizome, its further growth continues, which makes the elimination of the wood louse into a difficult task.
The grass, midgut, or midriff, is a useful member of the Carnation family. The habitat is considered to be temperate climatic zones. The grass lice, reaching a height of 25 cm, consists of a branched stem, covered with a large number of sticky hairs holding water, and a thin root. The beginning of the ripening phase is celebrated at the end of spring, and it continues until the beginning of autumn. During the period, the release of 30 thousand kidney seeds.
Average star found application in the diet of animals - a favorite delicacy of goats, chickens, turkeys and cattle. Adding plants to feed cows has a positive effect on increasing the volume of milk. Fresh herb is used in cooking for the preparation of healthy salads, rich in vitamins. But the greatest recognition was found in woodlouse in traditional medicine.
Mokritsa is a medicinal plant that has a very wide range of effects on the state of the human body, which was the reason for using the star sprout in a variety of diseases. The therapeutic effects that the plant has on the body include the following effects:
- wound healing
- lactation enhancer:
- hemoglobin boosting
In medicine, the use of this inconspicuous plant noted in the treatment of the following disease:
- Beriberi and children rickets. Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals, starlet can be used as a prophylactic agent alone or as an additive to the daily diet in fresh or dry form to prevent the development of these diseases. In the case of treatment, the plant acts as a component of complex therapy.
- Diseases of the joints. Plain weed helps to relieve the inflammatory process, eliminate pain and activate the regenerative processes in the affected joints. If the disease is not started, it was diagnosed at the initial stage, then the wood louse can allow to completely get rid of the illness.
- Cardiovascular disorders. To get rid of illnesses associated with high blood pressure, heart rhythm disorders can be through wood lice, which has earned the popular name for this ability heart grass. The calming effect of the herb relieves an increased heartbeat. And the components that it contains help to clean the vessels, strengthen their walls and heart muscle. Systematic use of the plant minimizes the possibility of heart attacks and strokes.
- Gynecological diseases. The timely start of the use of drugs on the basis of wood lice completely cures erosion of the cervix, myoma and cysts of different types. The herb helps to eliminate inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, often leading to infertility, the treatment of which with the help of traditional drugs does not give results.
- Eye diseases. The success of the use of medium star is noted in the fight against infections of the eye. Preparations on the basis of biting midge contribute to stopping the development of cataracts, and at the initial stage of its complete elimination. If the eyes are subjected to significant stress and are prone to irritation, then the grass will become an effective remedy.
- Nervous system disorders. The herb has a positive effect on the nervous system, saving a person from neurosis, hysteria, increased anxiety, sleep disturbances and headaches of nervous origin. If the body is exposed to high mental loads and stresses, the use of woodlice will prevent depressions and disturbances in the relationship of nerve structures.
- Anemia and anemia. The development of these diseases first causes severe weakness and dizziness, and without appropriate treatment they lead to serious changes in the body, overcome by iron-rich woodlice. This indicator helps to restore hemoglobin levels and improve blood oxygen saturation, which, in turn, allows the brain to stop suffering from hypoxia. When the form of the disease is still initial, the wood louse can be the basis of the whole treatment. When running stages, it becomes part of the complex.
- Weakened immunity. With the help of grass, immunity is enhanced, with which its widespread use as a prophylactic agent for morbidity during the flu and cold period is associated.
Besides, wood louse has a positive effect on the acceleration of healinghelping to clean the wound and preventing its re-infection. It contributes to the overgrowth of old trophic ulcers, which are not amenable to treatment through traditional medicine.
The main contraindications for treatment with woodlice-based drugs are its individual intolerance and allergy to any component of the preparative composition. If even a minor specific reaction was detected, the use of the plant must be stopped immediately.
People who have low blood pressure should be very cautious in treatment with means of woodlice: it has an effective and rapid effect on lowering pressure, which in this situation can lead to undesirable consequences.
Use in traditional medicine
In the sorcery, as a rule, the ground part is used in both fresh and dry form. The range of application of grass as a therapeutic agent has a wide range:
- use in the form of juice, tincture inside,
- external use as compresses, lotions, rubbing,
- eye instillation in inflammatory processes.
The medicinal healers have long known about the medicinal properties of the plant that give hope to patients for recovery. There are many proven in practice recipes, which are based on star stars average. Below are some of them:
- To eliminate cracked heels. For the whole day, fresh leaves of the plant are put on the shoe insole. Upon returning home, the patient must rinse his feet with soapy water and apply sea buckthorn oil. The duration of the procedure depends on the final cracking.
- When restoring the cornea. It is necessary to finely chop a tablespoon of stalks and weed foliage, add boiling water to the glass and cool the broth. Ready infusion of two or three drops should be instilled into the eyes every day four times a day.
- Vasodilator solution with a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect. Should insist one tablespoon of herbs in a glass of boiling water for four hours. Method of application: on cup three times a day.
- Depressant. Prepared from 15 g of dry herbal tea in a glass of boiled water. Overnight infused and filtered. Method of application: one dessert spoon before meals.
- Gout and rheumatism. It is treated with lice juice, cooked by mixing 5 g of juice with honey. It is used a maximum of four times a day.
- Treatment of fibroids, cysts and erosion. Write recipes. To begin with, you should prepare a solution by adding a glass of fresh boiled sap to the glass. Broth is strained still warm. In the finished solution, a tampon is moistened and put on all night. The course of treatment consists of a two-time five-day application with a week break.
- Increase the amount of breast milk. Every day, three times should be consumed with a teaspoon of plant juice with honey.
There are a number of rules., non-observance of which can lead to the opposite effect - deterioration of health:
- When a stomach ulcer can not take alcohol tincture of herbs: alcohol can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. If you decide to use the herb for treatment, use a decoction without alcohol to avoid pain and discomfort.
- For the preparation of decoctions, compresses and other drugs should be used plants growing in environmentally friendly areas: if the grass is collected in the roadside area, it contains a large amount of toxins and heavy metals.
- Before treatment with drugs based on wood louse, you should consult a doctor to avoid irreparable harm to health instead of the expected positive result: a unique weed vegetation can have a laxative effect.
The vital activity of the ephemeral plant is very short - just a month, but the seeds it gives quickly germinate, forming whole colonies of thickets. Selectors and scientists have proven that seeds can germinate up to 30 years. Even a plant pulled out with roots still continues to grow actively, and it is rather difficult to eradicate it.
Starlet medium belongs to the family of cloves. It is found in temperate climatic zones. Wood lice have branchy stems, covered with multiple sticky hairs that retain water, and a thin rhizome. The maximum height is up to 25 cm. It begins to ripen from late spring to September, releasing up to 30 thousand kidney-shaped seeds.
By the way, they like to feast on poultry and cattle: chickens, turkeys, goats. It is noticed that if you add a plant to feed cows, they begin to give more milk. Fresh starfish can be used in cooking, it makes excellent fortified salads, but it is especially popular in traditional medicine.
When to collect and how to store?
Medicinal raw material is the whole weed, begin to harvest it in the flowering season. It is best to collect grass in early May, when the plant is still juicy and soft. Pull it out of the soil along with its roots, clean it well of soil and dirt, then lay it on the oilcloth and dry it. Transfer to a fabric bag and store in a dark place no more than a year.
Dried raw materials are used to prepare medicinal potions (decoctions, tinctures, compresses). Helps to get rid of pain and eliminate swelling of the grass wood louse, the healing properties of which have been known to healers for more than a decade. Even our ancestors used it to fight diarrhea, asthma, diseases of the thyroid gland and blood vessels.
What is the value?
Actively exterminating a weed in your gardens, you do not even understand what medicinal raw materials you destroy. The grass louse, whose properties are due to the huge content of trace elements, helps to get rid of beriberi and provide the body with essential vitamins. Nature itself has given this unique plant to humanity.
Despite its unattractive appearance, the weed is rich in biochemical composition, and the presence of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in the plant is four times more than in lemon. In the stems is present sinalic acid, traces of essential oil and organic matter. Two tablespoons of herbs are able to supply the body with a daily dose of carotene.
Starlet is famous for its average content of vitamin E, which helps to prolong youth and clean the capillaries. It also contains many saponins, retinol, lipids, wax, tannins and trace elements that support normal health (iron, calcium, magnesium, bromine, potassium).
Substances that endow the plant with medicinal properties have antimicrobial, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, sedative, hemostatic and choleretic action. Decoctions are taken as a painkiller, tonic, antiseptic and diuretic.
Grass lice: therapeutic use
In traditional pharmaceuticals, grass is not used, but scientists have closely studied the medicinal properties and came to the conclusion that star spider is indeed a valuable plant with a unique chemical composition. The grass louse is highly valued among folk healers.
It is used to make herbal teas and infusions that help relieve a person from debilitating constipation, restore the functional activity of the intestinal tract and normalize motility. Use raw materials for the treatment of bronchitis, inflammatory processes in the lungs. This is the best remedy for wet cough. Wonderful weed in steamed form is used for stretching the joints, treats sciatica and gout.
Fresh juice helps to eliminate avitaminosis, strengthen the immune system due to the high content of vitamin C. It is taken for disorders of the digestive tract, anemia, chest pains and scurvy. Chemicals that make up the plant, help reduce benign tumors. You can use raw materials to cleanse blood vessels from cholesterol and improve metabolic processes. The infusion is shown with high pressure and nervous disorders.
Traditional healers often use ground parts in any form (dried and fresh). Medicinal herb woodlouse has a wide range of applications. It is used inside (juice, infusions, decoctions), used externally in the form of compresses, lotions, rubbing and baths. Buried in the eyes with inflammatory diseases, applied to damaged skin and make compresses.
Treatment of gynecological diseases
The healing grass lice will help to eliminate female diseases. What does she treat? Almost everything! Write recipes.
- Prepare a decoction of a glass of fresh star and the same amount of boiling water. We filter the warm solution, soak a tampon in it and put it overnight. Repeat for five days. For a week we take a break and repeat the course. It helps this folk remedy for fibroids, cysts and erosion.
- For mastitis and swelling: make a compress from fresh, finely chopped grass and apply it on your chest for 25 minutes. The procedure is carried out at least three times a day.
- You can increase the amount of breast milk for feeding in the following way: daily use a small spoonful of starfish juice with honey three times a day.
Despite the many healing qualities, there are the following limitations in the use of woodlice:
- Complete or partial intolerance to the components of the composition. Before starting treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor in order to avoid an allergic reaction.
- Woodlouse based remedies should be purchased only at a pharmacy or carefully acquainted with how this plant looks in nature. This is due to the fact that the wood lizard is lanceolate in appearance similar to the medicinal one, but it differs greatly from it in composition. She is a poisonous and very dangerous plant.
- Mokritsa has the ability to reduce blood pressure, so people with low pressure should take it very carefully.
Use in alternative medicine
The plant in alternative medicine is used not so long ago. Today, on the basis of it, medical preparations are made, woodlice is used as a seasoning for dishes, I make tinctures and infusions from it. For example, a drink from this herb enriches the mother's milk during lactation, and the infusion increases hemoglobin, helps in the fight against anemia, sleep disturbances and low immunity.
- Infusion for diseased joints. This tincture is advised to drink during the treatment of deforming arthrosis. To do this, in a large liter container pour dry raw material in half, then pour a liter of alcohol and a glass of warm water. Leave for 10 days and filtered. The resulting tincture drink 2 spoons per day after meals.
- Swathes to calm. 2 spoons of woodlice are poured with a glass of hot water, put on the stove and boiled for about 10 minutes. Give the fever to stand for half an hour and clean it. Use ¼ mugs on an empty stomach three times a day.
- Tincture to strengthen the body. A spoonful of raw materials is brewed in a glass of hot water and left for 5 minutes. Take instead of tea 100 grams at least 3 times a day.
- With a cloudy retina. 2 spoons of raw materials, prepared from the foliage and stems of the plant, pour 1.5 cups of boiling water and leave for a while. The resulting composition is dripped into the eyes of a couple of drops in each eye 4 times a day.
- Drink with lethargy and appetite disturbance. Fresh juice squeeze the juice and drink a spoon three times a day. You can add some natural honey.
- For swelling and diseases of the joints. Apply compresses from a medicinal herb drink 4 times throughout the day to painful areas.
- From sciatica. В емкость объемом три литра насыпают сухого сырье до самых краев, потом добавляют в нее 0,65 л спирта и доливают горячей воды. Настой оставляют на 3 недели, потом его очищают и употребляют перед приемом пищи в обед. Продолжительность терапии составляет 21 день.
- Средство от головокружения, вялости и анемии. Ложку травы заваривают стаканом горячей воды и дают настояться примерно 30 мин. Затем отфильтровывают и пьют по 50 г 4 раза в сутки на голодный желудок.
- Therapy of sprains and hematomas. Crushed fresh raw materials impose on the affected area, fixed with a bandage and leave for about 2-2.5 hours.
- A remedy for pain in the vertebrae and joints. It is necessary to sew a linen bag, fill it with dry mok and attach to the diseased area for a day. You can use fresh grass, pre-knead it with your hands.
- Therapy for diseases of the stomach or gastrointestinal tract. A spoonful of raw materials is poured with a glass of warm water and removed for 10 days. Then the infusion is filtered and consumed on an empty stomach, diluting 20 drops per cup of boiled water.
- With heart disease and high pressure. 1.5 spoons of fresh raw materials from the leaves of the plant are brewed in a glass of boiling water and infused for about 60 minutes. Purified tincture take 100 g 5 times a day before meals.
- To increase lactation. A woman who breastfeeds a child is very helpful in taking the composition of the plant juice and honey. It is prepared in the ratio of 1: 1 and drink in a spoon 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
- Tincture of insomnia. 15 spoons of woodlouse are brewed in 1 liter of hot water. The composition is left for 8 hours, but it is better at night. Filter and drink по cups per day. On the basis of tinctures make lotions from puffiness.
- Healing baths for allergies, ulcers and formations on the skin. 400 grams of woodlice pour 3 liters of running water and set on fire to boil the composition. Then he insists about another 2 hours and clean. The resulting brew is added to the bath.
- Lotions with ailments of the skin and ulcers. 10 spoons of finely chopped herbs brew in a glass of hot water and place on the stove. Cook for about seven minutes, and leave the composition for 4 hours to infuse. Then we filter and use as a compress. The same infusion can be used for baths with skin ailments.
Use of woodlouse in cosmetology
Beautiful plant effectively and in the care of the skin of women. After these procedures, the skin will look beautiful and radiant. Recipes using a medicinal plant are not complicated and are quite popular among the female sex:
- Bath with medicinal herbs. 0.5 l chopped woodlice is brewed in a liter of hot water. The container is closed and left for about half an hour. The resulting tincture is poured into the bath and lie in it for 20 minutes. From corns on the legs. Fresh grass should be cleaned in shoes and walk the whole day. Wash your feet for the night, spread it with nutritive ointment and put on cotton socks. To get better results, repeat the procedure at least 3 times in 7 days.
- Mask for rejuvenation. Spoon chopped fresh raw mixed with a spoonful of cream and honey. Apply the mask on the face and hold for at least 15 minutes, and then wash with warm water.
- Lotions with flaccid skin. Prepare a boil out of wood lice, soak a piece of soft cloth in it and put it on your face. Put a dry towel on top. After 20 minutes lotion remove and wash face.
- Acne on the face. Getting rid of this scourge will help washing with a healing broth of their wood lice every day.
Female Disease Therapy
- Mokritsa can cure almost all gynecological diseases. To do this, it is necessary to prepare a healing porridge, wet them with a tampon and set it overnight. The duration of treatment is 5 days. Then we make a weekly pause and repeat the procedure again for five days.
- Helps healing remedy and for fibroids, cysts and cervical erosion. We prepare the juice from a fresh plant, moisten the compress and apply it for 30 minutes on the mammary gland, three times a day.
- Healing porous on the basis of wood lice can be consumed 10 days before the onset of the menstrual cycle, then there will be no delays and severe pain.
A unique plant used in cooking as a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients, and also helps to cope with a lack of vitamins in the winter and spring. It is used in salads, vegetarian soups, drinks and as a filling for pies. The collection of herbs for cooking is best done before the plant blooms, then it will be soft and juicy.
- Vitamin cocktail. 250 grams of fresh grass and 50 grams of grated horseradish pour 2 liters of running water and let stand for about 4 hours. Then filtered and add honey to it.
- Tonic. A handful of plants, 2 small apples, a couple of peeled mandarins and 400 milliliters of water are whipped in a blender.
- Vitamin salad №1. Chop woodlice, grate carrots on a coarse grater and add a slice of chopped garlic. All thoroughly mixed and slightly salted. Salad can be filled with olive oil or sour cream.
- Vitamin salad number 2. 100 grams of the plants are finely chopped, add beet tops, two boiled eggs, onion and greens: parsley, green onions and dill. The ingredients are mixed, add salt and add sour cream.
- Vitamin salad number 3. Fresh wood lice are mixed with egg and green onions. All ingredients are pre-chopped. Then salt, season with sour cream.
Cooking borscht from herbs
This first dish in the summer will be very fragrant and useful for all family members.
- lice - 100 g,
- beet leaves - 100 g,
- big potatoes
- a bunch of green onion and parsley leaves,
- a spoon of lemon juice,
- a spoon of sugar
- sour cream.
Borsch will be very tasty, if before putting in the greens, put the beans and cook it in broth.
In a liter of boiling water add finely chopped vegetables and boil them for about 10 minutes. Then add the tomato, pre-passaged in vegetable oil. Then we cut the beet leaves, pass them, add lemon juice, sugar and put in borsch. Finely chopped woodlice put in borscht and salt it. Before serving, add sour cream and herbs.
Harvesting and storing grass
Mokritsu harvested at the end of spring, when its greens are saturated with juice. It is laid out on the surface and constantly mixed. Dry in a dark, well-ventilated area. Dry raw materials are bagged and stored for a year.
Do not rush to throw woodlice when weeding the garden. This inconspicuous grass will help you get rid of many ailments.
What is useful star the average?
- Choleretic and diuretic effects are inherent to lice. It has the following healing properties:
- wound healing
- at initial corneal opacities,
- with glaucoma,
- with cataracts.
- cervical erosion.
When is the plant useful, and when not?
Useful wood louse, collected in environmentally friendly places, away from roads and factories. Grass tends to absorb and accumulate harmful substances, including heavy metals.
Woodlice seeds are not poisonous. Collected together with the grain of various crops, they reduce the quality of cereals and flour, but the sale of the final product is acceptable.
Do not forget that the weed has a laxative effect, so you should consult a doctor before treatment, otherwise a star-wheel instead of a positive effect will cause irreparable harm.
As you can see, the middle star can be used already with seeds, there will not be much benefit from the seeds, but they also will not bring harm.
How does starwatch treat an average?
Mokritsa fills a shortage of nutrients.
- Vitamin C restores thyroid secretion, stabilizes the production of pancreatic juice in the pancreas.
- Ascorbic acid is responsible for the synthesis of proteins:
- Collagen, connective tissue basics. He is responsible for the strength of the skin and joints.
- Immunoglobulins - antibodies that resist threats to the blood.
- Interferon, which makes cells immune to viruses.
- adrenal hormones,
- bile in the liver.
- as a diuretic,
- as a painkiller.
- promotes cell regeneration
- calms muscles and nerves
- helps to absorb vitamins C, B1 and B6,
- preserves the structure and strength of bones.
- red blood cells
- red blood cells
- thyroid hormones,
- pancreatic hormones.
How to cook it - step by step instructions
For tincture use high-quality vodka and freshly harvested grass. Washing the wood lice, act as follows:
- Using a blender, 10 tablespoons of herbs are ground into mush.
- Raw materials are placed in a glass container, poured 1 l of vodka.
- The vessel tightly closed and cleaned in a dark and cool place. There it is stored for 7-10 days, shaking daily.
- This mixture is filtered through several layers of gauze.
- The liquid is poured into a clean vessel.
The finished tincture is stored in a cool place.inaccessible to sunlight. It can be used up to 3 years.
How to use the medicine?
Tincture is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. To cope with gastrointestinal ailments, the medicine is drunk 1-3 times a day, stirring 20-25 drops in a glass of water.
The medicine helps fight chronic gastritis and the consequences of food poisoning.. It affects the body as follows:
- relieves pain in the digestive tract,
- normalizes the digestive tract,
- improves the appetite.
Rubbing tincture treat joints and stale bruises.. The procedure is carried out 2-3 times a day, as follows:
- The towel is dipped in medicine to rub them sore spots.
- Foci of pain wrap a warm woolen scarf.
A bandage made before bedtime, followed by waking up.
Grass squeeze, passing through a blender or meat grinder. Then it is filtered using a sieve or cheesecloth.
Ready juice is used as follows:
- 4-6 times a day
- before eating,
- 1 teaspoon per reception
- diluting with water and honey.
You can drink and undiluted juice - 3 times a day, 100 ml. Only fresh product is useful.
Starlet medium - seasoning and full ingredient. It is included in the recipes for the following dishes:
- vegetable stew,
- carotene paste.
Herbs are added to light vitamin salads.. The simplest will require the following products:
For refueling need sour cream.
Prepare the dish as follows:
- Eggs boiled hard boiled.
- Cucumbers finely crumbled.
- Greens are cut and mixed with cucumbers.
- Mix salt, add sour cream.
When serving salad is decorated with slices of boiled eggs.
How to prepare and save?
Mokritsu harvested during flowering - from May to August. Gather aboveground parts of plants, soft and juicy. Layer up to 3-5 cm of raw material laid on a cloth or paper to dry.
The plant is dried in a clean and dry place.. Suitable accommodation should be:
- inaccessible to direct sunlight.
After drying the grass, it is crushed and packaged. The stock can be stored for up to a year.
People who are allergic to wood lice have itching and skin redness.. Because of the plant, blood pressure may drop. The herb enhances gastrointestinal secretion. Conclusion Mokritsa is useful if properly prepared and applied.
The plant is not a panacea, but will help to overcome vitamin deficiency and improve the results of complex treatment prescribed by a doctor. ,
See in more detail what useful properties the wood louse has in the video below:
How is it useful
Mokritsa grows in almost all regions of Russia.
Favorite places of its growth: gardens, gardens, raw forest glades and heaps of garbage.
You can get to know the grass by the ovoid pointed leaves and small white flowers in the shape of an asterisk, for which botanists called this plant the medium star.
Mokrita is also called grass for its amazing ability even in dry weather to always remain wet and juicy.
More experienced gardeners do not consider woodlice a weed and do not rush to get rid of it. They use it as a beautiful natural mulch that can protect the earth from drying out.
The soil under the grass always remains wet. Mokritsa is also an accurate meteorologist. If until 9 am the flowers of the plant remain closed, then it will soon be raining.
Weeds are adored by poultry. No wonder the people call it Canary grass and poultry salad. With great pleasure, regularly eating woodlice, chickens feel great, their egg production increases.
For some time folk healers have become interested in this plant, and then scientists who discovered in it a storehouse of useful substances that have a beneficial effect on the human body.
And what do you know about the healing properties and contraindications of oregano for women? Read about the benefit and harm of a medicinal plant by clicking on the link.
How to make a quick-action baby laxative at home is written in this article.
- vitamins C, E and K,
- organic acids
- potassium salts,
- essential oils.
The starfish is rich in valuable minerals: zinc, iron, boron, copper, magnesium, cobalt.
Mokritsa fully possesses:
- choleretic effect.
Due to its rich composition, the plant replenishes the body's reserves with the missing vitamins and microelements and helps in curing many ailments. Miracle-weed:
- boosts immunity and shows a tonic effect,
- promotes recovery from colds, bronchitis, pneumonia and other pulmonary diseases,
- relieves pain from bruises, sprains, sprains, rheumatism, arthritis and other diseases of the joints,
- has a calming (woodlouse is part of the sedative charges of herbs) and has a strengthening effect on the nervous system,
- useful in anemia and general prostration,
- has a beneficial effect on the heart, improves its performance, relieves heart pain,
- helps with kidney disease (symptoms and treatment of pyelonephritis in women), liver, thyroid gland, eye diseases,
- eliminates stomach cramps and pain, helps with flatulence, constipation and hemorrhoids,
- activates the production of hemoglobin
- promotes the healing of purulent and non-healing wounds,
And what do you know about the beneficial properties and contraindications of cedar oil? Several recipes and recommendations for use are written in a useful article.
What helps from alcohol poisoning is written here.
For the treatment and consumption, the whole above-ground part of the sprocket is used: the stem, leaves and flowers. Most of the nutrients contained, of course, in fresh grass.
It can be cut off and washed, immediately applied in cooking or the manufacture of medicinal potions. In the cold season, dried wood lice are used.
In dry form, it is also useful. More weed can be frozen. To harvest raw wood lice is best in May, when it is especially juicy and soft.
It is necessary to pull the plant with the roots out of the ground, shake it off and spread it out on a piece of paper in the shade under a canopy, not forgetting to stir it from time to time.
It is advisable that the place where the star is drying is well ventilated. Store dried weed should be in a tissue or paper bag. Shelf life of healing herbs - about 9 months.
Application in cosmetology
Amazing plant effectively and in skin care. Masks, compresses and baths with a star sponge cleanse, moisturize, rejuvenate and revitalize.
The skin after such procedures becomes soft and velvety.
Рецепты с использованием мокрицы в косметических целях просты в исполнении и пользуются большой популярностью у женщин:
- Ванны с мокрицей.
Пол-литра мелко нарезанной травы запарить литром кипятка, накрыть сверху крышкой, оставить настаиваться на 20-25 минут.
После вылить настой в наполненную водой ванну и принимать ее около 20 минут.
- Getting rid of corns, corns and cracks in the legs.
Pick up wood lice, put it in shoes and walk all day.
In the evening, wash your feet, lubricate them with a nourishing cream and put on cotton socks for the night.
For greater effect, such a therapeutic procedure can be carried out 3-4 times a week.
- Anti-aging mask.
Mix a tablespoon of finely chopped leaves of fresh wood lice and a spoonful of cream and honey.
Keep on the face of a quarter of an hour, and then wash off with a little warm water.
- Compress with fading skin.
Dampen a soft cloth moistened with herbs in the face and put a dry towel on top of it.
After 20 minutes, remove the compress and wash.
- Getting rid of acne.
To cope with acne rash on the skin helps daily washing decoction of woodlice.
Miracle-weed has long been used in cooking as a source of vitamins and microelements, and helps to get rid of spring vitamin deficiency.
It is used in vitamin salads, vegetarian borscht (botvinie), drinks, and even as a filling for pies.
Collect grass for cooking, preferably before flowering, while it is soft, tender and juicy.
Some useful recipes with lice:
- Vitamin drink.
250 g of fresh woodlice and 50 g of grated horseradish pour 2 liters of cool boiled water and leave for 4 hours.
Next, strain and add to taste honey.
- Tonic cocktail.
A handful of woodlice, a couple of small apples, 2 peeled mandarins and 400 ml of water are scrolled in a blender and poured into glasses.
- Vitamin salad number 1.
Finely chop the star flakes, grate the carrot and rub the garlic clove.
The components of the dish mix and lightly salt, seasoned with olive oil or sour cream.
- Vitamin salad number 2.
Grind woodlice and fresh tops of beets, a couple of boiled eggs, a red onion, and a small bunch of parsley, green onions and dill.
Mix components, a little salt and pour sour cream.
- Vitamin salad number 3.
Fresh greens of wood lice, boiled egg and green onion feathers cut, mix and watering with sour cream, salt.
Do not rush to get rid of wood lice in your garden! This unobtrusive grass more than once will serve you well.
In the proposed video, herbalists claim that the wood louse is akin to ginseng and is not inferior to it in healing properties.
Where the grass grows
The habitat of the starfish is very large - from temperate Russian latitudes to the tropical jungle. In botany, more than 120 species with the common name Stellaria are described. 50 species grow in Russia, but for treatment it is better to take a Bungee starlet.
Grassy annual is very unpretentious to the climate and soil type. It can be found on meadows, fields and along roads, on wastelands and in deciduous forests.
Mokritsu is considered one of the most "malicious" weeds. Settling on garden beds, it quickly takes up all the free space. The grass has excellent regeneration, so it is very difficult to remove it from the garden.
The ability to grow quickly is used in landscape design - woodlouse is used as a lawn plant. It creates a thick green cover on the garden lawns that does not require complicated care.
How the wood louse looks - description, photo
The grass is distinguished by an unusual structure of the stem - it winds along the ground, not rising up above 10 cm. The length of the string of woodlice can reach 0.5 m. The surface of the stem is trimmed with fine hairs.
The rounded leaves are bright green, attached to the petioles, and in the upper tiers - directly to the top of the plant. The edges of the leaves are covered with wet cilia, from which the names "mokrichnik" and "wood louse" originate.
Starting its growth in the fall, the grass develops under the snow, and blooms in mid-spring. White flowers with a cup with a diameter of 2 cm resemble the shape of a star. They are pollinated by the cross way — pollen from the stamens of one flower is transferred to the pistil of another.
At the end of the summer, oval fruit-boxes are formed. When ripe, they open and sow small seeds.
The raw materials for medicinal drugs are only leaves and young stalks of woodlice. Thanks to the pleasant taste, these parts of the plant are used in cooking. They make salads, soup dressing, stuffing for pies.
Important! For treatment, it is better to collect grass from May to August. At this time, woodlouse blooms, and in its foliage useful bio-components are concentrated as much as possible.
The beneficial effect of star on human health is determined by the chemical composition of the herb. It contains a wide range of healing substances, including:
- Carotene. This natural pigment blocks free radicals, slowing down the aging and cell death.
- Vitamin C. Increases resistance to infections, improves iron absorption.
- Vitamin K. Forms skeletal tissue, regulates blood clotting.
- Tocopherol. Responsible for healthy skin and genital system.
- Zinc. Regenerates skin damage, accelerates cell growth.
- Potassium. Normalizes fluid balance in the body.
- Iron. Participates in the blood, synthesizes proteins.
- Magnesium. Responsible for the function of muscles, blood vessels, nervous system.
- Essential oils. Toxins are removed from tissues.
- Phytoncides. Destroy pathogenic microbes.
- Alkaloids. Relieve pain, soothe the nerves.
Thanks to these properties, wood louse helps in the treatment of bruises and joint inflammation, heals ulcers and wounds. Drugs based on herbs are taken orally - to reduce pressure, get rid of prolonged cough, stabilize the nervous system.
Back in the old days, herbalists noticed that the wood louse helps to reduce the nodular goiter, eliminate the manifestations of thyroid disease - irritability, fatigue, and increased heartbeat.
The simplest method of treatment is drinking juice. It is extracted from a fresh plant collected in the morning. Immediately after collecting the grass scroll in a meat grinder and squeeze juice through gauze.
The tool take 1 teaspoon before each meal. After 20 days, take a break for a month, then repeat the course.
Another effective tool is water infusion. Take 1 tbsp. spoon a fresh sheet of woodlice, brew a glass of boiling water and hold under the lid for 5-6 hours. Then, they are passed through a sieve and drunk a third cup half an hour before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The treatment is designed for 7 months - from spring to autumn, while there is fresh grass. At the end of the course you need to do tests for thyroid hormones.
The second type of infusion is intended for the treatment of nodular goiter. In a thermos put 4 tbsp. spoons of woodlice, add 1 liter of boiling water and close for 2 hours. Strain, drink throughout the day, like tea.
Reception means long - up to 1 year. Dried grass can be used for the winter season.
Important! Woodlice preparations do not replace medicines prescribed by a doctor. They play the role of supplements that enhance the natural potential of the organism.
Zinc, potassium and tannins that are part of the healing herb, effectively eliminate joint pain, reduce inflammation in the connective tissues. Therefore, based on woodlice prepare formulations for arthritis, rheumatism, gout and sciatica.
Here are the tools for internal use:
- Healing tea. In the bank put 1 tbsp. spoon of grass, pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a lid and a towel. After half an hour filter. Drink a third cup 3 times a day. The course lasts 3 weeks.
- Decoction. In the pan put 2 tbsp. spoons of woodlice, add a glass of boiling water. Cook on a steam bath at low heat. After half an hour, remove from the plate, pass through a sieve and dilute with boiled water to obtain 200 ml of liquid. Accept within a month, three times a day, 3 tbsp. spoons before eating.
- Alcohol tincture. In a 3-liter jar put chopped grass to the top. Add 0.5 liters of vodka, then pour boiling water to the neck. Close the lid and put in a closed cabinet. After 20 days filter. Drink for 2 weeks 3 times a day, a quarter cup before a meal.
Pain in the joints is also removed with compresses from fresh grass - it is placed in boiling water for 5 minutes and fixed to the sore spot with an elastic bandage.
Folk remedies for women's diseases
Fitontsida contained in wood lice, destroy pathogenic flora, causing inflammation of the genital tract, and vitamins and flavonoids stimulate the production of female hormones. Due to this star is included in the composition of the funds from gynecological diseases. Here are some examples.
Decoction. This remedy relieves spasms during painful periods. It is prepared from 2 tbsp. spoons of chopped herbs and a glass of boiling water. The ingredients are placed in a saucepan and kept for 10 minutes on a quiet fire. Leave under the lid for 1 h. Strained liquid is divided into 3 portions and drunk before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Apply a week before the onset of menstruation.
Healing tea. It is recommended for myoma and ovarian cysts. A mixture of 1 tbsp. spoons of grass and glasses of boiling water boil on low heat for 3 minutes. After allowing to cool, pass through a strainer. Drink 3 tbsp. spoon 4 times daily before meals.
Tampons They help to normalize the vaginal microflora with colpitis, heal cervical erosion. The basis of the funds made from 100 g of fresh or dry woodlice, brewed a glass of boiling water. The composition is infused for 2 hours, then a tampon is impregnated with it and inserted into the vagina overnight. After 5 procedures, an interval of a week is made, then the course is repeated, and so on until full recovery.
Absorption and healing properties of the plant are used in folk recipes for mastitis in nursing mothers. The most effective way - cut a handful of fresh grass, pour a small amount of boiling water. After 5 minutes, drain the excess liquid and put the slurry on the bandage.
The compress is applied to the sore spot, covered with polyethylene and secured with an elastic bandage. The procedure is carried out three times a day, for half an hour.
Herbal compresses are also effective for mastopathy. In this case, fresh grass is placed directly into the bra and worn constantly, changing raw materials three times a day. The method is used for at least 2 weeks.
Woodlouse flavonoids help to increase the production of mother's milk. For this purpose, take the juice of the plant, mixed in equal parts with liquid honey. Dosage - 1 teaspoon of the mixture three times a day for half an hour before meals.
Important! For poultices and compresses, you need to choose young plants, with small leaves - they concentrate more nutrients.
Grass lice in diseases of the heart and blood vessels
The antioxidant components of the plant increase the elasticity of the veins and arteries. As a result, cardiac function improves, blood pressure decreases, the risk of thrombosis decreases.
In case of cardiac arrhythmia, fresh grass infusion is recommended. In non-metallic dishes put 2 tbsp. spoons of chopped leaves, add 2 cups boiling water. Cover with a lid and towel, leave for 40 minutes.
Drink the filtered liquid 0.5 cups, four times a day, 20 minutes before a meal. The preventive course takes 10 days.
From high pressure applies another version of the infusion. Finely cut a handful of fresh wood lice with stalks, put in a jar, add 1.5 cups of boiling water. Wrap and leave for half an hour.
Having passed through a strainer, they drink 0.5 cups before eating. The tool is used to a noticeable stabilization of pressure.
In varicose veins, woodlouse is used externally, in the form of compresses. Lightly knead the grass with your hands, put it on the problem area, cover with a fresh leaf of burdock and tie it with an elastic bandage.
The procedure is performed 3-4 times a day, for half an hour. In winter, when there is no fresh grass, use dried, previously steamed with boiling water. Burdock can be replaced with a broken cabbage leaf.
The effect of star on the body is mild, so the plant has virtually no side effects. The only contraindication is allergic reactions. They can occur in people with a natural intolerance to the "relatives" of wood lice - cloves, drowsiness, and adonis.
In order to avoid a sharp decrease in pressure hypotonics should take drugs of woodlice with caution. Also, due to the lack of clinical studies of the plant, doctors do not recommend its use to pregnant women.
Where grow wood lice
Mokritsa (Stellaria media or, as people call this grass: starfish) is an annual plant, the family of cloves, many consider the grass to be weeds.
It has a weak stem of a curly structure that is adjacent and rooted in a nodular form, its height is from 10 to 35 centimeters. Branched stalks of a plant can, either move along the ground or reach for the top. The creeping branched stem of the grass is covered with small hairs that are able to collect moisture from the air into the plant and store it in it.
The leaves are located on the stems and have a rounded oblong shape, at the edges they have cilia and seem to be slightly moist to the touch, hence the name of the grass - wood louse. The upper leaves sit on the stem, and the lower leaves are located on the petioles.
The flowers of the grass are white, small, connected in spreading inflorescences and resemble small stars, therefore another name for the grass is starlet. Flowering grass lasts a long time, from May to
August. And as a result of this, fruits appear - boxes of dark brown color with a lot of seeds.
The fruit of the plant is a box of oblong or spherical shape, in it there are round, tuberous seeds. The seeds in the box ripen from late July to October, during which time the box opens at the base.
The geography of its growth is quite extensive, wood lice grows throughout Russia, Europe, throughout the temperate belt of the Northern Hemisphere. This grass delivers many problems to gardeners and summer residents, as it multiplies quickly and is difficult to get rid of, which is why many, erroneously, consider moss pills to be weeds.
How to make blanks and store starlet
The wood louse blooms for a long time, from May to August. It is advisable to collect herbs in May; it is during this period that they are most fresh, juicy and are optimally suitable for further use as medicinal raw materials.
For medicinal purposes, traditional healers use the entire above-ground part of the plant. However, it can be used both fresh and dried. The harvested grass should be dried in the shade and turned over every 2 days. For storage, it is desirable to use canvas bags or glass jars. The shelf life of dried grass louse - 1 year.
Composition and beneficial properties of moss grass
The grass louse is a real storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. The plant contains essential oils and lipids, organic acids, carotene, cinnamic acid, tannins, saponins, wax, many vitamins and minerals: magnesium, copper, iron.
- The high content of vitamins C and E in the midges makes it indispensable in the treatment of anemia, beriberi, scurvy.
- Positive effect on the heart, strengthens the entire body and is a tonic.
- The herb is used as an anti-inflammatory, choleretic and painkiller.
- Mokritsa can stop the blood and heal wounds faster, improve metabolism, stimulates the cardiovascular system, has a positive effect on the nervous system and gastrointestinal tract.
- Helps in the treatment of hypertension, gynecological problems, with the help of sprocket, you can relieve joint pain with radiculitis, arthritis, rheumatism, gout - the grass should be steamed and applied to the sore spots.
- With skin diseases, rashes, dermatitis, eczema - take a bath with infusion of wood lice.
- Infusion of herbs inside take with liver disease (even with hepatitis), lungs, liver.
- With a strong weight loss, vitamin deficiency, weakness, heart disease, cholecystitis, use fresh juice or the essence of starlets.
- Mokritsa increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Infusion is prepared as follows: woodlouse - 1 tbsp. spoon pour boiling water - 1 cup. Cover the container and leave overnight, then strain. Use the infusion of a quarter cup of food.
Broth woodlice is prepared as follows: fresh grass - 200 grams, chop and pour boiling water - 1 liter. Broth boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Then give to cool to room temperature and filter.
Star medicine in folk medicine
It is thanks to its beneficial properties that moss grass has found its deserved place in folk medicine and has long been used by healers to treat many ailments. The plant's juice contains vitamin E, which rejuvenates the body, cleanses blood vessels, improves blood and removes harmful substances and slags from the body.
Mokritsu used in fresh form, as well as in the form of infusions and decoctions of leaves, flowers and grass stalks. For example, the infusion of star gloves helps to treat eye diseases. Also, its infusion is used to treat ulcers of the stomach, cough, colitis, scurvy, heart disease, lung and kidney.
For skin rashes, ulcers, purulent wounds, and scrofula — use the infusion of wood lice externally, in the form of baths.
It has a restorative and soothing effect on the body: 1 tbsp. spoon of grass pour a glass of boiling water, insist under the lid for 5 minutes. Drink the resulting healing drink, like regular tea, half a glass, three times a day.
Infusion of grass moss for eyes
- To prepare we take fresh grass - 1 tbsp. spoon, pour it with boiling water - 1 cup.
- Insist the infusion for one hour, without shaking.
Then strain the prepared infusion and bury it in the affected eye for 1-2 drops, three times a day.
Lice juice for eyes
Сок растения, который только выжали из свежей травы, применяют в качестве лечебных капель при различных заболеваниях сетчатки и роговицы глаз — закапывают свежий сок по 1-2 капли, 4 раза в день.
- Берем свежую траву мокрица — 500 грамм, хорошо ее промываем водой и выжимаем сок соковыжималкой или толчем траву толкушкой и отжимаем сок через марлю.
- Затем перелить в бутылочку и хранить в холодильнике, но не больше, чем 2 суток.
Squeezed juice is suitable for the treatment of eyes, the treatment of long non-healing, purulent wounds.
Very simple and effective recipe used by summer residents. To relieve pain and fatigue from your feet, you need to pick fresh grass lice, and put it in place of shoes instead of insoles.
Infusion of woodlice for stomach pain
- To prepare the infusion, take a jumbo jar - 1 tablespoon and fill it with pure vodka - 300 milliliters.
- Send insist in a dark place for two weeks.
Take the tincture should be diluted, before meals - 20 drops of tincture per 1 cup of water.
Take fresh herb juice - 1 teaspoon, mix it with honey - 1 teaspoon.
Take this remedy before meals, three times a day, 1 teaspoon.
Woodlouse broth with erosion, myoma and cyst
- Take the grass - 2 tablespoons, pour boiling water - 500 milliliters.
- Pour everything into an enamel saucepan and set aside for 30 minutes in a water bath.
- Strain the broth and top up with boiled water to the original volume.
- The resulting medication must be taken before meals, 4 times a day, 50 milliliters.
This broth is also taken to treat weakness, anemia, and dizziness.
Help with skin diseases
It is necessary to take a decoction of woodlice and moisten in it pieces of gauze. On the problem area of the body, apply a lotion from wood lice. This should be done several times a day.
Cheese and breast oncology
For treatment, you need to take fresh moss grass, and make a compress out of it, this compress is applied to the diseased chest and held for 20 minutes. These treatments are carried out 3 times a day.
Strengthening the nervous system
Ready infusion of woodlouse need to take 50 milliliters, 4 times a day.
Infusion for the treatment of eczema, ulcers, poorly healing wounds
- In order to prepare the infusion you need to take 1 tbsp. A spoonful of grass lice (fresh or dried) and pour boiling water - 1 cup.
- Infuse under the lid for 4 hours, then strain through cheesecloth.
- For external use: wash the wounds with this infusion, as well as make compresses on the affected skin.
- For internal use with pain in the joints: drink 4 times a day for a quarter cup, before meals.
Infusion of stars from diseases of the kidneys and digestive tract
If you suffer from kidney disease or problems with the gastrointestinal tract, then use this recipe as an antiseptic agent: wood lice - 1 tablespoon, pour boiling water - 1 cup and insist under the lid for 1 hour. Then strain.
Infusion to drink before meals for a quarter cup, three times a day.
Decoction of woodlice from skin diseases
For the treatment of dermatological diseases prepare this broth:
- Grass lice - 4 tbsp. spoon, pour water - 1 liter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then insist 2 hours and strain.
Apply the resulting medicinal decoction in the form of compresses for skin diseases.
Vodka infusion for stomach pain
For diseases and problems of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys need to prepare and apply this infusion:
- Dry grass stars - 1 tbsp. spoon, pour vodka - 300 grams.
- To insist in a dark place - 2 weeks. Then strain.
Take once a day - 15 drops in a glass of water.
Infusion of grass lice
This healing infusion is used for many health problems.
If you have trouble sleeping, you need to prepare a medicine for this recipe:
- Take fresh chopped grass 15 tbsp. spoon and pour boiling water over it - 1 liter.
- Insist under the lid - 8 hours. Then strain.
Ready infusion to drink from insomnia for a quarter cup.
To improve lactation in half a glass.
From this infusion, you can make compresses from edema.
The grass is doused with boiling water, cooled and applied to the diseased chest.
For women's health
- Mokritsa has the property of lowering blood pressure, therefore, it should be used with caution in the treatment of people with low blood pressure - hypotension.
- In some people, in rare cases, there may be an allergic reaction that manifests as an itch or rash.
Therefore, it is recommended to start taking infusions and apply the herb with a small amount.
You need to know that in nature there is a related plant, which is called stellar lanceolate. This herb is also called lice, but you need to be careful and extremely careful - it is poisonous!
Salad with water
For the prevention of beriberi, strengthening the body is very useful salad made from fresh wood lice, boiled eggs, green onions and seasoned with sour cream.
- Greens of woodlice and onion are crumbled in equal parts.
- Add crushed egg and salt a little.
- We fill with sour cream and mix.
We decorate the vitamin salad with dill and serve it to the table.
Another vitamin salad, which is prepared with fresh herbs for the prevention of vitamin deficiency.
- Crush the green woodlice, add half the size of the chopped lettuce and dandelion leaves.
- Add to the dish a little yogurt, sugar, salt to taste and mix.
- greens of wood lice - 200 grams,
- wheat flour - 300 grams,
- onions - 1 head,
- clarified butter - 2 tbsp. spoons
- half a glass of sour cream and salt.
- We make the filling - young shoots of wood lice will be washed, cut, salted.
- Add fried onions and 2 raw eggs. Mix the stuffing.
- Knead and roll out the dough.
- Blind dumplings and boil them in salted water.
Serving dish to the table with sour cream.
- lice - 150 grams,
- eggs - 3 pieces,
- one onion, herbs, salt, ghee.
- Greens of wood lice are scalded with boiling water and cut.
- Slightly fry onions in a pan.
- Add to the onion woodlice, dill, parsley and ghee.
- Salt and stew everything under the lid.
- Then pour eggs, stir and fry until cooked.
Borsch with moor
Summer borsch with lice, tasty and healthy dish.
- lice grass - 100 grams,
- beet tops - 100 grams,
- carrots - 1 piece,
- potato - 1 large potato,
- medium bunch of green onions, a few parsley leaves,
- Tomato - 1 piece or 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato paste,
- lemon juice - 1 tsp,
- sugar - 1 tsp,
- sour cream - 2 tablespoons.
- Put water on fire - 1 liter.
- While the water boils, clean the carrots, potatoes, beets and chop them finely.
- Dip the sliced vegetables in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- We will cut tomato, we pass and add to borsch.
- We cut the washed beet tops, we ferment, add lemon juice, sugar and dip in borsch.
- We will finely chop the washed wood lice and add to the borsch, salt the dish to taste.
When serving, fill the borsch with finely chopped parsley and onion, add sour cream.
We have analyzed in detail the beneficial properties of the wood grass louse and it can be concluded that this inconspicuous plant has deservedly found its application in traditional medicine and helps to cure many diseases. And the use of starship in cooking, makes dishes with it tasty and healthy. Amazing plants, rich in their healing power, next to us, one has only to lend a hand and you can see the generous gifts of nature, which it gives to man for his good.