Coming home, we want to relax and rest. After all, the house is the place where every object should please. Decorative trees for the house will make the home more comfortable, decorate it and bring a touch of good mood. It’s not for nothing that they say: if you want to do something pleasant, give a flower in a pot. The main thing is to choose a suitable option among a large variety of species. It is necessary to learn the rules of care, growing conditions, get acquainted with the appearance of the plant, find out its maximum size. Some photos of decorative trees for the house can be seen in this article.
Variety of species
Plants in the house will help not only to clean and moisten the air, but also to make the interior more interesting. That is why they reliably replace artificial decorative trees for the house. Currently, a variety of living indoor trees is very large. They are popular and are found in almost every home.
A variety of species allows you to choose plants demanding in the care for experienced people and quite unpretentious, which can grow almost everyone. In most cases, it is enough to know a few simple tips on caring for a plant.
Trees for home may vary in height and size. Some are dwarf and suitable for growing on a window or table. Others are a couple of meters high. They are put right on the floor.
Classification of indoor plants
Plants that are grown in the house can be divided into three groups:
- Deciduous and decorative, which decorate housing with its beautiful leaves.
- Decorative flowering, which in addition to the leaves may please with its flowers.
- Cacti (succulet).
Live decorative trees for the house, having a small height, called dwarf. They are conventionally divided into two types:
- Bred by breeding.
- Bonsai (these are ordinary trees, whose height is reduced by artificial means).
The first group is the most popular. As for the second, it is not so simple. Their number is small, due to the complexity of their cultivation. Bonsais can grow up to several hundred years while remaining miniature. Some copies are even shown at exhibitions and cost several thousand dollars. As a rule, they are grown in a separate family and are inherited.
Dwarf trees are very difficult to grow. And not everyone can do it. But with a strong desire, bonsai can be replaced by other plants. An alternative can be artificial ornamental trees for the house in pots. They do not require care, but they look very natural. True, artificial plants will not be able to transfer the amount of energy that a living plant has. Therefore, it is better to pay attention to living plants that look like trees. An example would be bamboos, cardels, dracaenas. If you want a flowering plant, you can get azalea or hibiscus. Currently, popular are fruit plants, which possess not only beautiful greens, but also flowers and even fruits.
These small ornamental trees for the house are difficult to maintain and very delicate. They should be grown in well-lit areas. Sills are well suited for this purpose. A mixture of peat, sand with coarse grain and clay is suitable as a substrate. Most often recommended watering every day. The soil should not dry out.
Bonsai can be cultivated from almost any plant. But it is extremely difficult to do. Most often do it on the basis of the following plants:
You can buy bonsai in the store. And you can grow from seed. This process is very exciting. In the process of plant growth, it is necessary not only to water it. Branches need to cut, tie. Due to this, the crown of the plant is formed.
Trees on the floor
There is a separate category of plants that have a greater height. Therefore, they are usually put on the floor. This list can include such ornamental trees for a potted house (live), such as:
These are just a few examples that are more common.
Potted plant care
All ornamental trees for the house have their own growing conditions. Some people love the sun, others like the shadow. One likes the dried up soil, the second grow only in a damp soil. Therefore, in order for the plant to enjoy its beautiful appearance and violent blooms, it is necessary to know the “approach” to each of them. Consider the basic rules for the care of indoor plants on the example of several plants.
One of the options for such plants is Monstera. This tropical plant is unpretentious in the care. But very beautiful. He has holes on the leaves, which as the plants grow, they turn into cuts. Monstera grows and grows quickly. In height can grow up to 5 meters. Grow it in a sunny place, but excluding the ingress of direct sunlight. He likes abundant watering. But the soil must have time to dry. Heat-loving. Already at temperatures below 17 degrees, the plant may die.
Another popular plant is hibiscus, which is popularly called the Chinese rose. Decorative trees for the house will decorate the room with bright multi-colored flowers. Grow hibiscus is not difficult. It grows from a small process. Therefore, it can often be found in public organizations (for example, offices, clinics, libraries). When the leaves wither, it is necessary to increase watering. And so in the summer is enough two times a week. To the plant grows in width, the tops of the side branches periodically pinch off. It grows well in bright rooms, but not in the sun.
Another plant for the house, capable of reaching a height of 3 meters - Benjamin's ficus. In its birthmark (China, India, Australia, the Philippines) in open areas it reaches 20 meters in height. The plant does not require its permanent place in the house. He does not like any movements, turns and similar manipulations. From this he can lose all the leaves. Since the plant comes from hot countries, it does not tolerate cold, dark rooms where there can be drafts. Ficus loves to be sprayed with water. This should be done periodically. And about once a month he needs to arrange a real "shower". But at the same time, the plant does not like too wet soil, as well as dry.
Lovers of experiments suit laurel. It lends itself well to decoration. With the help of trimming it can be given any shape. Woods like sunny places, even direct rays. But it must be high humidity. Therefore, he needs spraying. The soil should be constantly wet.
Recently, you can often find ornamental trees for the house in pots, which delight their owners with fruits. This group includes such plants as:
- Mandarin, which will please the dark green leaves. With the right care (and it is quite simple) small flowers appear with a pleasant aroma. Of them later appear bright orange fruit.
- Banana tree, reaching a height of 2 meters in the room. It is a herbaceous plant, very similar to a tree. It can be as an ornamental plant, and fruit.
- Citron, which is derived by breeders. This is due to the fact that in the open field the plant reaches large sizes. If the tree is properly looked after, it will delight with fruits all year round. It does not require special care.
- A coffee tree. It pleases its owners with constant green leaves. Plant blooms white flowers that have a sweet aroma. An adult plant can produce 0.5 kg of grains per year. True, only Arabian and Liberian species are suitable for this.
Plant lovers in the house very often give preference to trees. They become a real decoration of the room. During the flowering period, you can enjoy a pleasant aroma. After reviewing reviews about growing trees in a house, one can only say one thing: every plant needs proper care. Therefore, it is better to know in advance more information about the selected plant.
As for fruit plants, they are most often purchased just for the sake of fruits. Reviews say that even if there is no fruit, you can enjoy the pleasant smell from the flowers. Most plants bear fruit throughout the year. Although some fruits do not appear at all.
Ornamental trees for home in pots are popular. They allow you to decorate your home and your life. "Communication" with them gives a number of positive emotions. Forming the crown of a small tree, growing it from seed to a full-fledged plant, it is nice to look at the results of your labors. And the fruits received from a plant in the house, will lift not only mood, but also self-confidence and the forces.
The benefits of gardening
The usefulness of indoor plants can be seen in different ways. Some of them negatively affect the person, while others are of great benefit. Beneficial features:
- Thanks to the greenness, the humidity in the house increases. When the moisture in the room evaporates, the air is cooled.
- Plants absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen.
- Purify the air from dust.
- A certain type of plant destroys pathogenic bacteria due to secreted phytoncids and essential oils.
- Green coloring helps to deal with stress and has a calming effect on the human nervous system.
- Simple indoor trees will refresh the boring interior with its extravagance and make it more comfortable.
- Excellent zoned room. The room can not be rebuilt, and as a partition to use trees or shrubs of large sizes.
- The texture of indoor plants well smoothes and hides coarse surfaces.
- House trees in pots well hide all the flaws in the room.
Types of indoor plants
There are many domestic plants, which are divided into 3 large groups:
- Flowering. This group includes perennial and annual crops. For interior decoration often use annual tuberous plants. Their flowering period lasts one season, after which the plant falls asleep for the winter. Despite this, they make excellent color compositions. Perennial plants have a long flowering. Some varieties are able to bloom all year round.
- Hardwood. This includes indoor plants and trees with magnificent luxurious leaves. The leaves come in various shapes: straight or in the form of a scapula, with grooved or dissected edges. Thanks to bright leaves, they easily replace flowering plants. Their color can be light and dark green, marble and other colors.
- Cacti and succulents. The group consists of plants that have the same external and biological data. These are compact plants of various forms with beautiful decorative blooms. They are easy to care for, so they are often used in the home interior.
The most common flower that can be found in the house is monstera. It is better to install it in large rooms, as the plant is very tall, with huge spreading leaves. Its height reaches 5 meters. The shape of the leaves is oval with parallel slits. Their color is bright or dark green, brilliant. As they mature, aerial roots appear below, which support the plant and help it to feed. Therefore, you can not delete them. It blooms with white flowers very rarely.
A bonsai is a miniature tree that is a copy of a large tree. His creation has become a whole science. The tree came to us from China. In shape and size it is divided into several types, each requires special care. Plant features:
- Strong trunk with thick bark, and well developed root system.
- Curved branches with clear contours.
- The leaves are thinned so that the trunk is visible.
It is grown in a flat-shaped clay pot. The color of the pot should not be evident. The pot is constantly turned, otherwise the branches of bonsai will grow in one position towards the sun.
Ficus - are small, medium and large in the form of lush shrubs or branchy trees. Their trunks have different sizes, shapes and colors. Popular plants:
- Ficus rust. Plant with large broad leaves. The bottom of the leaf is reddish brown, and the top is dark green. Sometimes pink fluffy buds appear on it. Green shoots and trunk have a reddish tint.
- Rubber Ficus. The height of the ficus is 2 meters. The leaves are dark green, smooth, glossy. The tips of the leaves are pointed, oblong in shape, which is their distinguishing feature. The trunk of the tree is grungy, green in color with a gray tint. These include varieties: “Black Prince” with black foliage, “Variegata” - leaves are dark green, and their edging is a gentle-cream shade. "Docechery" - leaves with pink specks, in the center of which are streaks of red.
- Ficus benjamina. At home, the ficus grows to a height of 3 meters, but in nature its height can reach 20 meters. The tree has a spreading thick crown, gray trunk with a beige shade. The color of the leaves is bright green, smoky or solid. The shape of the leaves is oval, width from 2 to 5 cm, length 5−20 cm. From the air roots that grow at the base, create elegant weaving.
Many people like to decorate their home indoor plant dracaena. This decorative flower in the form of a tree is divided into several types. The most common:
- Godsef. This one differs from the others in the shape and color of the leaves. The leaves have an oval shape with pointed tips. Leaf color is spotted. The spots of cream or golden color are densely located on a dark green background.
- Marginata. The trunk of the plant is strong, long up to 3 meters. The leaves in the lower part of the trunk fall off and leave marks on it. At the top formed a magnificent bundle of leaves. Their shape is long, smooth, and the color is saturated with green.
- Dracaena bent off. Houseplant with white-green leaves, folded down. The dragoon is called bent, due to the arrangement of the leaves. It has a weak branched stem. Its branching comes from its very foundation.
Plants can not be placed near the window, because they do not like drafts. In order for them to properly develop and grow, the temperature in the room must be at least +20 degrees. In winter, +15 degrees is allowed. It is easy to take care of trees, irrigate the soil often enough, and wipe the leaves with a damp cloth.
Increasingly, housewives began to grow ornamental trees for the house in pots that give fruit. These include:
- Mandarin. The tree is easy to care for. It has dark green leaves and small flowers that exude a pleasant scent. After the flowers ottsvetut, in their place there are small orange mandarin.
- Banana tree. The plant is grassy, but looks like a tree. It is grown as an ornamental or fruit plant. The height of the banana tree is 2 meters.
- A coffee tree. The coffee tree has large green leaves and white flowers that exude a sweet aroma. When the buds bloom, fruits form in their place. Formation of the crown occurs by pinching. The height of the tree reaches 1 meter. Not afraid of drought, and in the winter needs additional lighting. The leaves are wiped with a damp cloth.
- Citron. In nature, the tree has too high a height, so the breeders brought a decorative variety that can be grown at home. The tree does not need special care and pleases the owners with its fruits all year round.
- Lemon. This is a beautiful and useful exotic tree that perfectly cleans the air in the room. Its height may be different, it depends on the variety. The structure of the leaves is dense, the color is bright green. Of these, you can brew tea. The tree bears fruit for about 20 years.
If trees are properly maintained, they will bear fruit year-round. On some plants, the fruit never appears, but during flowering, they exude a pleasant aroma, which you can enjoy plenty.
Flowering decorative indoor trees will decorate the house with bright multicolored flowers. This includes:
- Chinese rose. The plant has a trunk in the shape of a tree and can grow to gigantic sizes. With age, his crown grows, the older a flower is, the larger it is. Therefore, the crown should be regularly cut, adjusting the shape. The inflorescences of Chinese roses are large, scarlet. Its second name is hibiscus. Unpretentious care and suitable for decorating any room.
- Calamondin. Decorative tree 6 meters high. Its leaves have pterygoid appendages, white or purple flowers. The flowers form fruits that can be eaten, but mostly this tree is grown as an ornamental.
- Hamedorea. The plant cleans the air in the room from harmful substances, so it is particularly popular. Its height is from 0.3 to 6 meters. Стебли тонкие, тростниковые с перистыми листьями. Мужские и женские цветки собраны в соцветия и расположены каждый на своем растении.The plant came to us from America.
- Maranta. A perennial plant 30 cm high. Its leaves are wide and oval, their length is about 12 cm, the color is green. The leaves at night are folded upright, which is a feature of Maranta. If you properly care for him, then it blooms with small blue flowers. For the full development and growth of the plant requires a temperature of +15 degrees. The plant came to us from the Brazilian rainforest.
Principle placement and care
For a tree to develop and grow properly, it needs certain conditions. Therefore, greening your home should adhere to certain requirements:
- Trees require natural lighting, respectively, they are set near the window. Especially such an arrangement is necessary if the windows face north.
- Plants should not block or obstruct the approach to windows, furniture, and block the aisles.
- If the tree has a huge dense crown, it must be thinned. Otherwise, excessive green will overload the interior and create a feeling of heaviness.
- Entering the room, the first thing that attracts attention is plants. Therefore, they are properly drawn up. Pot size and plants should be proportionate. The appearance of the tree will deteriorate if dry branches or leaves roll around. They need time to clean.
- If water for irrigation is taken from a water tap, then it must be defended.
- Trees are planted in the land, bought in a flower shop. It is specially enriched with essential microelements, after removing dangerous larvae.
A simple city apartment will turn into a beautiful oasis, if you put a little effort and effort.
Most popular live trees growing in a house or in a potted apartment
Home living trees, unlike other indoor flowers, have a central trunk and branches. Some of them bloom at home, in other versions - the tree has a lush crown. Thanks to pruning can be formed. The most popular to create from them is Bonsai. House pets perform a decorative function and in addition refresh the air.
They are used for gardening apartments, offices and commercial premises. Large, beautifully blossoming, and deciduous trees can be the most different form. They also differ in shape and color of leaves. Features of the most popular species that grow in flower pots, will turn the room into a blooming garden.
A coffee tree
A unique plant with beautiful foliage. At home, it blooms and pleases all year round with its greenery. In place of the inflorescences later berries are formed. The leaves look dense, shiny and embossed.
A coffee tree
With proper care, its height can reach 1 meter. The crown is formed by pinching. It tolerates drought, it is recommended to wipe the leaves with a damp cloth.
Monstera is an indoor flower often found in apartments. Adult tree quite tall and sprawling. The leaves are large, with symmetrical slits. Leaf color is bright green, shiny. Monstera leaf is dark green in color and glitters. Over time, aerial roots form with time. They do not need to be removed, they provide the plant with support and additional nutrition. Blossoms rarely, white inflorescences.
Monstera is suitable for large rooms. Height can reach 3-5 meters.
The spread of house tree in a flat pot, gained its existence in China, later in the West and Japan. Creating Bonsai has become a science. A miniature copy of a tree with a powerful crown has its own characteristics.
- bonsaeum is considered to be indoor plant with a strong stem and a well-developed root system,
- branches must have a clear outline, they may have a curved shape,
- the trunk should not hide in the foliage its ratio is minimized,
- the pot is used flat, more often earthenware, of low-key coloring.
Florists will subdivide bonsai in size and shape. Care requires some knowledge of the characteristics of this species.
An exotic houseplant is not only beautiful, but also useful. With proper care fruits year-round. There are many varieties, among them they differ in tree height, leaf shape and fruit.
Yield is maintained up to 20 years. The leaves are bright green, dense. They are used for brewing tea. Thanks to unique features, lemon helps purify the air.
He is afraid of drafts, if he is comfortable in one place, it is unnecessary to rearrange him once again.
Beautiful blooming rose can grow to gigantic sizes. The tree trunk, the older the flower, the stronger the crown grows. The shape can be adjusted by trimming. Blooms large inflorescences scarlet colors. Scientifically called hibiscus.
Suitable for indoor and greenhouse cultivation. Propagated by seed, dividing the bush, layering and cuttings. In the care is not whimsical, decorate with the presence of any room.
Evergreen tree can be found in warm Asian countries. We grow it at home. The leaves are dense, oval-shaped. Leaf color is green or bicolor.
Rarely blooms unsightly in appearance inflorescences. Florists use different kinds of ficuses to create bonsai. The height of an adult flower can be 3-5 meters. Propagated by grafting. 2-3 times a month it is recommended to apply fertilizer. Improper care can completely fall off the leaves.
In ancient times, the laurel was considered sacred. Today, Europeans are always green plant used in the design of landscape designs. Noble tree with fragrant leaves, more often grown in kitchens to use as seasoning.
- leaves are dark green dense,
- bush grows slowly, not afraid of pruning,
- the laurel likes bright and spacious rooms,
- after flowering at the place of inflorescences seeds are formed.
Unpretentious indoor flower does not take a lot of trouble, it will be a worthy decoration of the interior. For the summer period, laurel pots can be taken out on the balcony or loggia.
Sunny and elegant tangerine tree will be a bright element of the landscape design of the premises. The plant produces special substances that enrich the air.
Mandarin repels insects and gives good yields of fragrant fruit. On the windows you can often find dwarf mandarin varieties. Leaves are dense, green. Tree trunk. Blossoms in small flowers, on the site of which green mandarins are formed. When ripe, the fruits are orange.
Tree, shaped like a bottle, can be found in nature in Mexico and the USA. Scientific name - nolin, bocarnay. Leaves are palm-shaped, thin with pointed edges. Grown in small pots.
The plant loves the sun, is not afraid of drought, but still requires regular spraying. Growing slowly to get a large trunk, you will need 6-8 years. If you water abundantly, the trunk will rapidly stretch upwards, so you need to organize the conditions of drought.
This miracle, rarely who manages to grow it properly, to enjoy the flowering. The flowering period comes in 5-6 years. Up to this point, the plant resembles a snake. Later rushes up, forms a tree. The buds look fascinatingly beautiful, but at the same time emit a sickening smell. Those who decide to place it in a residential area should take this fact into account.
Growing up at home compact trees, do not forget - it is hard work. To get the original bonsai will take several years. You can buy a finished tree or get hold of cuttings from friends. There are no difficulties in caring, you just need to take into account their features.
Oasis in a city apartment
Bulk plants give the interior style, originality and sophistication.
How indoor trees are useful in the apartment?
- This is a permanent source of oxygen that plants emit by absorbing carbon dioxide. Some trees tend to exude a significant amount of essential oils and phytocides, destroying pathogens. In the air of the apartment is filtering small dust particles.
- Green trees increase indoor humidity. When the evaporation of moisture in the room air cools.
- Due to the green color of leaves, home trees act on a person soothingly. And even more than that - help cope with stress.
- With the help of green plants, any premises become more comfortable and cozy. Even a very boring interior will attract attention with its originality and freshness, if it contains indoor plants.
- House trees can be used to separate functional areas in the room. At the same time avoid carrying out repairs in the apartment and complex reconstructions.
- Due to its texture, indoor vegetation softens architectural elements. If the room has tough structures and cold surfaces, ornamental trees will easily cope with the animating function and create a balanced and harmonious atmosphere.
- Room trees are perfect for reviving the corners of a room. Often, purchased furniture does not fit into the corner space and the room looks unfinished and empty. To hide such a disadvantage without cluttering up the space, a big tub with a tree will help.
How to choose your tree
Today there is a very large selection room trees, and choose the one that most fit into a particular interior is not easy. Of course, with a certain amount you can buy an adult plant, but it will cost a lot. Sapling is much cheaper. But in order to grow it will need to be patient and make a lot of effort. To make the right choice, you must be familiar with the main types of tub plants.
Very beautiful, unpretentious plant, one of the most common. There are many types of this tree, so everyone can choose for themselves a suitable option. The most popular types of ficus are:
Ficus are well tolerated in winter, the room temperature, but they need good illumination, so the pots with plants that do not fit on the windowsill, you must provide lighting for LED or fluorescent lamps. In case of insufficient lighting, the variegated forms of ficus form weak shoots. Their branches begin to reach for the light, the internodes lengthen, the number of leaves decreases, the crown looks one-sided.
Ficus reproduce by cuttings. From the shoot, you can get as many cuttings as there are leaves on them. On the handle for breeding, there should be one leaflet with an intact eye and half of the lower internode without an eye. The cutting is cut and dipped in warm water to stop the secretion of milk juice. To make it better rooted, a cut should be made below. On soft wood make one cut, on solid - two (crosswise). Rooting the plant is best covered with a plastic bag.
A pot or tray for ficus is selected according to its size. The plant does not like it when the dishes are much larger than the root system. Growing up, its roots supposedly fill the whole tub, a transplant is necessary.
The best soil mixture for ficus there will be a mixture of two parts of leafy soil, one part of peat and one part of humus.
Ficus grow quite quickly, therefore, when transplanting the soil should be nutritious. In summer and spring, the plant should be fed with organic fertilizers. An adult, large tree is transplanted very rarely - in five years, but every year it is necessary to change the top layer of earth to a new one. In addition, the soil must be replaced when a white crust appears on it - salt deposits.
Types of ficus:
- Ficus Benjamin - a miniature tree, easily amenable to pruning. Its branches bend easily, taking any shape,
- Elastic - a monumental large, shade-tolerant plant,
- Ficus Lirenidny - a single proud plant with leathery shiny leaves,
- Ali (binnendika) - reminds a willow tree. This species branches well and never grows,
- Dwarf ficus - ampelous, ground-cover plant,
- Ficus rubber - has several different form species. Leaf color is also different. Some varieties have a compact form and branch well, others tend to grow upwards and form side shoots. At home, this plant can reach several meters in height, fancifully curving.
This is a tree in miniature. Growing it, they take as a basis an ordinary tree and give it the desired shape, systematically pruning. The plant is quite capricious and care for it is a long, painstaking job, but the result will be just great. Bonsai will fill the house with a breathtaking view of the miniature landscape.
The prototype for this home tree is ordinary trees growing in tropical and subtropical zones. Subtropical bonsai options such as boxwood, myrtle, olives and pomegranates perfectly adjust to room conditions. Fresh air favorably affects their growth and uniqueness, so in the summer the plant will benefit from staying on the balcony, in the garden or near the window.
The development of the tree is badly affected by the lack of light, so it is necessary to provide lighting for it throughout the day.
According to experts watering this indoor tree, the process is time consuming. The number and frequency depend on many factors: capacity, soil, liquid absorption, evaporation. The best option is to water small, but quite frequent portions, which is not available to every amateur florist.
Better known as the "Chinese rose". A plant with very beautiful flowers. Hibiscus can grow to 5 meters. It is ideal for those who do not have experience caring for indoor flowers, trees. Despite its magnificence, hibiscus is a very unpretentious plant that easily withstands extreme temperature changes, poor lighting and rare watering. Thanks to unpretentiousnessThis flower often adorns offices, living rooms, corridors and halls of various institutions.
Hibiscus grows very quickly, reaching large sizes. He does not like narrowness. Put it better in a well-lit place, preferably at the window. For the plant, the pot plays an important role; the narrower it is, the slower the growth.
The optimum temperature for a Chinese rose is in the summer of + 20-22 degrees, in the winter + 14-16. Lowering the temperature during the cold period has a positive effect on the future flowering of hibiscus. But if this is not possible, do not get upset, the flower can grow at room temperature.
Since the plant prefers high humidity, it must be sprayed frequently. This should be done very carefully so that water does not fall on the flowers, which can lead to the formation of stains on the buds and subsequently the fall of the bud itself.
The soil should be chosen light and nutritious.close to neutral. The composition of the land add pieces of charcoal. Be sure to take care of the presence of drainage, so that there is no stagnant water in the pot.
A large role in the care of the flower is feeding, but it is important not to overdo it. In the spring you should feed hibiscus with phosphorus-potassium fertilizer. For other fertilizers, summer is a good time. But from the nitrogen-containing compositions it is better to give up - the flower does not like them.
Citrus Home Trees
At home, grown tangerines, oranges, grapefruit and cancan. However, it should be noted that it is not very easy to grow a fruit tree.
Like all southern plantscitrus fruits are demanding to heat and light. They grow well at home, with different orientation of the windows, but of course, the best option would be the south side. However, near the northern windows of the plants will not be hot, but for additional lighting, you can put a fluorescent lamp next to the plant.
A little harder with the temperature. The concept of heat-loving does not mean that citrus trees love warm houses. This means that the plant does not tolerate frost. Flowering, tying the buds and the formation of fruits occurs better at an average temperature of + 15-18 ° C.
In the summer to water citrus plants need abundantly. In winter, watering should be moderate or rare depending on the temperature.
This plant is one of the most complex and demanding to care. Experts advise novice gardeners to think carefully before purchasing this indoor tree. But if you observe all the conditions of detention, the camellia will delight you with its magnificent large flowers (diameter 6-12 cm).
When buying a home flower tree, the first question arises about its correct location and lighting. Camellia requires a bright light, but it must be diffused without direct sunlight. It is best to place it on the western or eastern windows.. The south side is also suitable.but with extreme caution. To the crown of the bush was uniform, the plant must be periodically turned over. You can not touch the camellia during flowering, so that the buds do not fall off.
An important criterion is to maintain a favorable temperature.
Spring camellia rests, and the most suitable temperature for it is from 20 to 25 ° C. An additional advantage would be if the plant is brought to fresh air.
It is more difficult to maintain the desired temperature in the cold season. В это период начинается цветение и бутонизация. Растению требуется низкая температура, которую не так просто создать. Почки распускаются только при температуре +15 °C. Если они вызревают при обычной температуре – цветки распускаются намного меньшего размера и у них не такой прекрасный вид. Некоторые бутоны отпадают не раскрывшись.
В период цветения температура should be no higher than +12 ° C. Such a regime to create in a normal apartment is problematic.
As for irrigation, in summer camellia needs to be watered when the top layer of soil dries out. In winter, determining the right amount of water is more difficult. Overflows can cause the soil to hang. Because of this, the plant buds fall away. But when overdrying leaves not only buds, but also leaves. During flowering wet moss can be put in the bush. In no case can not spray the plant.
Every three weeks throughout the year need fertilizing with mineral fertilizers.
Useful properties of the "home giant"
When buying home-grown trees in pots, few think about the benefits they bring to the dwelling and its inhabitants. But in vain, because There are many useful qualities of a small tree:
- In addition to absorbing carbon dioxide, and in return they saturate the apartment’s air with oxygen, some trees produce essential oils that are detrimental to pathogens.
- When watering plants, excessive moisture evaporates, cooling and moistening the air in the house.
- Experts say that the green color is calming. Therefore, trees and help the owner easier to cope with stress.
- Home "giants" smooth empty corners in the apartment, filling them. Thus, the room becomes much more comfortable.
- Trees and shrubs “enliven” the room, making it more harmonious.
All these properties of decorative indoor trees can not leave anyone indifferent.
After all, having come home from work, you want to enjoy the fresh air and relax under the branches, though small, but still a tree.
What are indoor plants
There is a certain classification of indoor plants. According to her All home flowers are divided into three groups:
- Decorative leafy. Their flowers are small and inconspicuous, and they may be completely absent. But on the other hand, their leaves strike with a variety of colors and shapes, which depend only on the plant species.
- Decorative flowering. Their leaves, on the contrary, are unremarkable, and the flowers charm with their beauty.
- Cacti and succulents. These are the most unpretentious pets, care for which even the beginners can.
In addition to the flowers noted in this classification, there are also certain categories of plants. These include:
- Dwarf trees They are divided into two types: small, bred by breeding, bonsai - trees, whose height is reduced artificially. The first can be attributed to plants that are very similar to trees (bamboo, dracaena, azalea, hibiscus). The trees of the second species are cultivated on the basis of dwarf birch, dwarf and American maple, oak, hornbeam, apple, cherry, azalea, ficus. But we must remember that the care of bonsai is very difficult.
- Tall treesthat are put on the floor. The most common of them are: Dieffenbachia, room maple, rapis, Khovey, money and bottle trees, dracaena.
The choice of wood depends on the area of the room and the preferences of the owner. The main thing is to purchase such a houseplant-tree, which will bring joy and will not take up too much space.
The most common types of trees
In a city, people can hardly do without home plants.
Trees are no exception. There are so many types of these home “giants”, but preference is given to only a few of the most common ones, the care of which is not so difficult.
- Monstera. This large plant came to us from the tropics. It has quite large and beautiful leaves, on which cuts appear as the flower grows. Monstera is a real giant among the potted trees, as it can reach a height of five meters. This tropical guest is absolutely unpretentious, but does not stand the cold and can die if in the winter time the temperature in the room drops below +17 degrees. Monstera loves light, but not direct sunlight. Water the plant should be plentiful and in such a way that the soil between watering dries out.
- Chinese rose or hibiscus. Totally naughty pet. But in the care of him has its own characteristics. So, watering hibiscus in summer should be at least twice a week. To admire the flowers, it must be planted in a small pot. If the owner of the rose wants to have a tall and branchy tree, then the pot should have a much larger diameter. You can not put hibiscus under the scorching sun, although he loves the bright room.
- Ficus benjamin. In the apartment he can reach a three-meter height. He needs a warm and bright room, drafts are contraindicated to the plant. If the ficus likes the place in which it grows, then it is impossible to move it, let alone rearrange it. Due to stress, he can throw off all the leaves.
- Laurel. In a flower pot grows to 1,5−2 meters. Loves the bright room and high humidity. In the summer, in the heat, the tree needs abundant watering. Between wetting the ground should not dry out.
- Citrus trees. The most common are lemon, lime, orange, mandarin. Plants are quite unpretentious, in addition, they can please their owner with fragrant fruits.
- Dieffenbachia. Reaches a two-meter height. Does not tolerate direct sunlight and drafts. In summer, the plant is watered 2–3 times a week, and in the winter - no more than once.
- Room maple. This is a rather low tree, only 1.5 meters. It is not capricious and pleases the owner with large flowers from early spring to late autumn. And if the room temperature is kept at +15 degrees, then in winter the flowering will not stop. Maple is better to put in a sunny place, and in the summer to transfer to the balcony, watering more often. In winter, the amount of watering is reduced.
- Howey. This is a palm tree with a height of 1,5−2 meters. Easily tolerates drought and shade. But the ideal conditions for a palm tree are a lot of light and high humidity.
- A coffee tree. It is 1.5 meters tall, its flowers are small and white, with a pleasant aroma. The tree prefers to be in the room alone, without other indoor plants. Loves diffused light and high humidity. Plant as often as possible sprayed with warm water. If you create an optimal tree care, it can please the owner with fruits.
- Dracaena. Can grow to three meters. At the top of an absolutely bare trunk is a bunch of leaves. The plant needs a lot of light and water. If the lighting is insufficient, the plants with variegated leaves can become monotonous.
- Money Tree. This plant belongs to the genus of cacti, and therefore tolerates the absence of watering. The fat woman feels better in a wide and shallow pot. And an adult plant should be transplanted no more than once every three years.
Rating of popular indoor trees
Growing trees in indoor conditions is not so difficult as it may seem at first glance. And although the principles of care for each kind of their own, any of them needs basic attention. For you, a catalog of indoor trees, which presents a list with photos and recommendations for their care.
- Palm can afford only residents of large houses. This is due to the fact that it requires extensive space for rapid, intensive growth. It is better to set a tub in a place where there are no green neighbors, since palm trees are very unfriendly to them.
- The bokarney (nolin) or bottle tree at home can reach enormous sizes, and the popular name of the bokarney was popularly due to an interesting type of trunk, thickened towards the bottom. According to the idea of nature, this tree can do without watering for a long time, so it does not require special frills in care.
- The banana is attractive because it decorates any room with its decorative look, and can bear sweet fruit. Growing a banana at home is quite simple, the only important thing is that the soil requires constant feeding because of the rapid and active growth of the trunk.
- Citrus species of indoor trees are represented by the following options: lime, lemon, mandarin, orange. It is these options that are in great demand because they can adapt to different environmental conditions. Lemon and lime can forgive you for any mistakes in the care, and the mandarin withers only in a negligent host. Citrus will please not only the view, but also a delicate aroma in the apartment.
- A coffee tree will not tolerate near any green neighborhood, you will have to remove all other pots from this room. By itself, coffee does not require much effort to grow, but there is no hope for fruit. They can be achieved only in 1 case out of 1000 and only if the temperature and humidity levels are observed.
- Hibiscus is popularly called the Chinese rose. Even from a tiny sprout you can grow a large flower, and with proper care, growth occurs at an accelerated pace. Tree flower is a frequent visitor in offices, as it has a high level of adaptation to different environmental conditions.
- Tea tree (Tea tree) - perfectly takes root in the conditions of the house with proper care. Greens love a moist environment and hate direct sunlight. Water it plentifully and often, but it’s not worth pouring up to puddles If you like the flower, then in a couple of years you will have your own tea.
- Monstera is a fairly large-sized type of greenery that does not require complex care. Its height can reach up to 5 meters, and the Monstera itself is one of the most unpretentious representatives of the flora. Growth occurs very interesting, because with maturing on the foliage holes appear, which later turn into a kind of slits. Monstera does not like temperature fluctuations, so it can only be diluted at home, but in the office it is dangerous to do it, since the minimum temperature of the content is +17 degrees. If you plan to install a pot on the windowsill, it is better to choose the sunny side, but so that direct sunlight would avoid it.
Remember! Monstera very quickly grows and goes up. Water so that the soil has time to dry a little.
- Benjamin Ficus grows to enormous size, 20 meters in the countries with a humid climate. As indoor plants, ficus trees barely reach 3 meters, while choosing the right place with a margin so that you do not move the tub later. Moreover, even turning the pot is not recommended, otherwise the leaves may fall off. Do not choose cold and dark rooms and drafts. To keep a living tree dry, it is periodically sprayed. Watering requires moderate: without dryness, but without the Gulf.
- Laurel. Care at home for this type requires compliance with certain conditions. A bay height of 1.5-2 meters loves light, so place the pots on the south side. Laurel foliage has a fairly dense structure, and therefore even a bright sun can not harm the green. In the shadows, he immediately lose the appeal. Foliage is shown spraying and systematic (once a month) shower. Watering requires frequent and abundant, make sure that the soil does not dry out.
- Dieffenbachia is a frequent visitor in offices up to 2 meters high. The choice is based on the beauty and ability to absorb harmful substances in the air. Dieffenbachia juice is poisonous, so be careful if children or pets live in the house. Indoor flower tree Dieffenbachia requires a lot of light all year round, but in the summer heat the foliage should be pritenyat. In spring and summer, watering 3 times a week, and in winter and autumn once a week.
- Abutilon represents flowering indoor trees, the second name of which is indoor maple, and the third is an irons. Height is up to 1.5 meters, it is unpretentious in care, and blooms from spring to autumn, and at temperatures above +15 and in winter. You can arrange it in the apartment or on the balcony or loggia. Need moderate watering and sprinkling.
- Hovey many flower growers are among the most successful examples for home maintenance. The height is not more than 2 meters. The location side is unprincipled, and if you forget about it for a week, nothing happens, hovey will not die.
- A jerky or money tree is a good idea for those who want to decorate the interior, but do not have much time to take care of greenery. The fat woman was popularly called “the tree of happiness” or “the tree of love.” Its leaves are small, rounded and fleshy with a glossy shiny surface. They shine like gold coins, so a lot of legends about the enrichment of its owners are associated with the fathead. That is why the plant is called "monetary", and often stands in offices and financial institutions. From the wet ground the roots can rot. Do not plant sprouts in tubs that are too large; it is better to choose a wide and shallow vessel so that the house-plant money tree can form a symmetrical crown. It does not need additional feeding, and transplantation is required no more than once a year.
- Araucaria or monkey tree impresses with its unusual appearance. In the photo, Araucaria resembles a Christmas tree, but looks great on the windowsill all year round. It can reach a height of 1.5 meters, araucaria requires moderate watering (2 times a week) and transplanting 1 time a year.
- The dracaena reaches a height of 3 meters, and in the period of growth the lower leaves fall off, leaving a characteristic pattern on the trunk. Put the pot should be in the light, but not under direct rays. Water frequently, not allowing the soil to remain dry. Sweep away dust from the leaves and spray them with water.
- The box will perfectly live in a garden in summertime, and in the winter you can take it home. This type of home flora tolerates heat drops, lack of water and light. Of the shortcomings, slow growth.
Interesting names and colorful photos and beckon buyers to acquire one or another option of decorative flowering greenery.
Transplanting indoor trees
If you figure out how to care properly, then any decorative greenery will delight you for many years. All trees, like indoor shrubs, need proper and timely transplanting. The roots grow better depending on the pot, the more spacious the place, the more comfortable the plant to develop. If you want the dimensions not to increase, then take only a small larger pot. Transplantation is as follows:
- the first 1-3 years - no more than 2 times a year,
- the rest of the time is every 3-5 years, depending on the situation.
But the soil changes every year. It is necessary to do the replacement as follows:
- top of the land is removed,
- in its place a new, useful nutrient, zemlekka is poured.
To ensure that the crown does not increase, it will be enough just to change the soil, and not the pot. Detailed instructions on transplanting, see the video below.
Interesting! You can decorate a flower pot with your own hands, turning an ordinary clay vessel into a work of art. We have described the best flower pot design ideas here.
If you place a green decor in your home, not only will you give your home beauty and comfort, but also improve air quality due to the absorption of carbon dioxide and the release of “fresh” oxygen. The function of decoration and rehabilitation of these plants perform "perfectly."
Potted potted trees - photos, titles and descriptions
You can grow indoor trees at home. To do this, you need to create certain conditions and know the features of watering and care. The most common beautiful ornamental trees for a house are:
- dwarf olive,
- dwarf banana,
- Citron "Hand of Buddha".
In fact, many more species of ornamental trees can be grown at home. But these are the most popular, so consider the listed ornamental plants in more detail.
Dwarf Ornamental Bonsai Tree
Bonsai is a complex and delicate plant that feels good near natural light. How to plant bonsai? The window sill will be the perfect place.
- Requirements for the soil. The optimal substrate will provide optimal growth for the plant. The substrate is a mixture of coarse sand, clay and peat.
- Watering. A very important part of caring for bonsai is proper watering. The substrate should never be dehydrated, therefore daily watering is recommended.
For growing dwarf trees use the following plants:
- palm maple,
- American maple,
- dwarf birch,
- Apple tree,
Bonsai can be grown from seed, which is quite a laborious process, you can buy a ready-made tree. Plants need to be properly cut with special scissors, tie up, shape. Growing bonsai is a very exciting activity, a real hobby that will take many years and will become a source of pride, an attractive interior decoration.
Olive Dwarf European
The natural habitat of olives is the Mediterranean basin. The olive is successfully grown in a warm climate, for example, in such as the Caucasus and the Crimea, India, California, Jamaica. At home, the olive grows up to 10-12 meters, gives excellent fruits, acquiring the characteristic taste and properties of the sun. In colder conditions, the olive reaches a much lower height, grown in pots, containers that are put on the street in spring and summer.
Special attention is attracted by the characteristic leaves of the dwarf olives of silver-green color. It is easy to grow a plant; it is resistant to water shortages, strong winds, and is resistant to drafts in home cultivation. Olive loves bright sunny places.
- pot diameter - 20 cm
- plant height - 900-110cm.
Серо-зеленые листья с характерной окраской остаются на растении круглый год. Дерево имеет небольшой овальный плод, созревший плод становится черным или приобретает светло-фиолетовый цвет. Растение любит регулярный полив, но плохо переносит избыток влаги.
Оливковое дерево не требовательно, но зимой нужно выделить довольно теплое место. Если выращивается в контейнере, на зиму его следует заносить в квартиру. Olives need to be brought out on the porch in summer, the balcony is not only for decoration, but also to provide the right amount of direct sunlight. The sun has a very positive effect on the development of olives.
Banana tree grows to a height of 6 meters. This is a plant with beautiful, large leaves that adorn the interior in a warm room for a whole year. The plant loves acidic, moist soils. Its magnificence is amazing. In the summer you can put a banana in direct sunlight, in the winter you need to find a warm corner in the apartment.
- pot diameter - 18 cm,
- plant height - 80-100 cm.
In a pot with a diameter of 18 cm, a banana grows to 1.5 m. The appendages appear next to the mother plant. Banana feels good in a sunny place or partial shade. It is not frost resistant, but can survive single frosts, dropping leaves. The banana has a massive pseudo-trunk crown and powerful foliage with green and purple-green color. Under favorable conditions, large copies give a new sheet every 5-7 days.
Citron "Hand of Buddha"
Citrus Medica Digitata, known as the Hand of the Buddha, is very original and decorative. The plant is one of the oldest citrus fruits originating in China, resembling in size a small tree or a large shrub. This is a wonderful tree with beautiful leaves and unusual fruits. The hand of the Buddha requires eight hours of daylight for proper development. The plant must be protected from wind, too high, low temperatures. Especially in the summer requires constant watering. The name "Hand of Buddha" tree received because of the shape of the fruit. In Japan, it fulfills many centuries not only a decorative function, but also a religious one.
Like most citrus has dark green leaves, thorns. Unlike other plants of the citrus family, it has many more leaves and flowers. Fruits are purple at first, then turn green, ripening, the color changes to bright yellow. The shape of the fruit without pulp, like fingers on the hand. The lack of pulp Citrus Medica Digitata compensates for the wonderful aroma, which is used to freshen the air in the apartment, closet, car.
- pot diameter - 10 cm
- plant height - 20-30 cm.
Citrus feels good on the south window, requires a lot of light. In the summer it is better to put it on the balcony, in the garden, in a place protected from the wind. Citrus Medica digitata is very sensitive to cold and excessively high temperatures. From October to April enters a state of rest - during this period the room should be a little colder. It is good to move the tree to a place with a temperature of approximately 10 - 15 ° C.
Note - too sudden changes in light or temperature can lead to yellowing, falling leaves.
Citrus trees need frequent watering, especially in summer. The ground should be wet, but not waterlogged. Be careful, avoid over-irrigation, this rots the roots. Good drainage should be made at the bottom of the pot to allow water to flow freely. Citrus Medica Digitata is sensitive to drying out of the soil.
Home trees and flowers have decorative properties and have a good effect on our health:
- purify the air of harmful carbon dioxide and other substances associated with environmental pollution,
- provide us with oxygen, improving the quality of the air in the house,
- It is proved that plants have a positive effect on the psyche, improve the functioning of the body (for example, help with cardiovascular diseases).