Appearance (photo) of Caucasian Caucasian hellebore The Caucasian hellebore rhizome is horizontal, adventitious roots in the form of cords. Stems erect from 30 to 50 cm. Leaves long-petioled, leathery, dissected. On each stem can form 1−2 flowers.
The Caucasian hellebore flower is large, has five green, white or purple sepals up to 4 cm in diameter. Tubular funnel-shaped nectars. The fruit of the plant - mnogolistka.
- Korelborin K,
- Korelborin P,
- steroid saponins,
- fatty oil
- bioside gellebrin,
Glycosides related to saponins, well soluble in water. The poisonousness of the plant is due to the presence of ranunculin alkaloids, protoanemonin.
Pharmacological properties of the plant:
- pain reliever
Due to its beneficial properties, the plant is used in traditional medicine.
For the treatment of constipation using decoctions on the basis of rhizome. When used regularly, plant components have a laxative effect. The hellebore removes toxins from the body and improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
The hellebore contains alkaloids and glycosides, which have a positive effect on the central and nervous systems. Healing infusions improve health, have a sedative, hypotensive effect on the cardiovascular system.
Antispasmodic and analgesic properties have a beneficial effect on the body in gynecological and immune diseases, eliminating pain and bleeding. The roots of Caucasian hellebore in gynecology are also used as a firming agent.
How to collect
To preserve the beneficial properties of the plant, you need to properly collect and store it. Harvesting rhizomes begin in the fall, after the seeds fall away.
Dig up the roots, clean the dirt, remove damaged areas and aboveground parts. Rinse the roots thoroughly in running water, dry and screen. Divide large and wide roots into strips 0.5 cm thick, so the plant dries evenly.
Dry the roots under a canopy or in a cool, well-ventilated area. You can dry the roots in the oven or dryer at a temperature of not more than 40 degrees. If the temperature is higher, the glycosides will lose value.
Properly dried, the raw material has a brown-brown top and a cream-colored color on the break.
Store harvested raw materials in tight containers for no more than 3 years. Bags of natural materials with blanks can be stored in the closet. In the summer, keep your blanks in the fridge on the bottom shelf.
How to apply
From the roots of the Caucasian hellebore make decoctions, tinctures and tinctures How to take Caucasian hellebore for treatment? The spectrum of use of root hellebore is quite wide. It is used in the form of powder, tinctures, solutions and granules for the treatment of mental disorders, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and heart, cancer and gynecological diseases.
The plant effectively copes with the treatment and prevention of polyarthritis, rheumatism, hemorrhoids, skin diseases, wounds and warts.
The hellebore has long been used for body shaping, as with regular use it inhibits appetite. Effective with obesity.
Also gained popularity ointment Caucasian hellebore from sprains, bruises and abrasions on the skin. Ointment is applied externally. For the treatment of external infections and wounds, you can use the hellebore Caucasian cream gel, which comes in a convenient bottle and has a thick texture.
Infusion for weight loss
How to drink Caucasian hellebore to lose weight, restore the body and improve immunity? This question worries many people.
The plant is an active laxative. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to take in the period of weight loss other means that have a laxative effect. The combined use of such drugs will lead to diarrhea.
When using plants, follow these tips:
- Do not pass before, after and while taking infusions or decoctions. Food should be complete, balanced and healthy. Every day, include in your diet fresh fruit with vegetables, drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Only in this case, the assimilation will be correct.
- Eat no later than 3 hours before your expected sleep.
- In Caucasian hellebore for weight loss, the dosage must be strictly observed, otherwise due to the laxative effect, beneficial substances will be released from the body. When taking plant-based medications, include foods high in calcium in your diet.
- Chopped hellebore root - 8 gr.
- Boiled water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Pour the powder from the roots with boiling water and wrap the container. Insist 2 hours, then strain.
How to use: Daily dose not more than 150 ml. Take the infusion courses, if necessary, dilute with water.
Result: With regular use of the infusion on the basis of hellebore, you will notice how you lose weight, improve overall health. Due to the removal of toxins and toxins, hellebore helps cleanse the body.
If you examine the reviews of people about Caucasian hellebore - application for weight loss, we can conclude that decoctions and infusions of this tool help with obesity.
Infusion for Type 2 Diabetes
Caucasian hellebore use in diabetes has been widely used, it is also used for the prevention of the disease.
- Chopped hellebore root - 50 gr.
- Warm water - 50 ml.
How to cook: Fill the powder with warm water and leave overnight.
How to use: Take ready infusion in the morning strictly on an empty stomach 1 time per day. Shake the infusion before use. The course of treatment is 6 months with no contraindications and poor tolerance.
Result: Infusion reduces blood sugar levels, improves well-being. Normalizes metabolism and boosts immunity.
Decoction of psoriasis
Good results in the treatment of psoriasis and depriving can be obtained by adding the freezer broth to the bath. The plant relieves itching, inflammation, swelling and desquamation.
- Powder from the root of the hellebore - 2 tbsp.
- Boiled water - 1 liter.
How to cook: Pour the chopped hellebore powder and boil in a water bath for 20 minutes.
How to use: Add broth freezer in the bath. Take a bath for no longer than 20 minutes.
Result: Symptoms of psoriasis will pass after several treatments. Bath with the addition of decoction soothes the nervous system, eliminates itching.
The plant can be used as an independent means for cleansing the body from worms or as an additional therapy to rejuvenate.
Granon's granules, made according to the principles of homeopathy, are harmless to humans. The shelf life of the granules is not limited. Reception of granules which possess antihelminthic effect, takes 5 weeks.
- Tsvetogor granules (based on Caucasian hellebore) - 1 pack.
How to cook: Wash down the prepared granules with boiled water.
How to use: Unless otherwise indicated in the instructions for use, take 1–3 granules in the morning 30 minutes before a meal. Dosage - 3 granules per week.
Result: With regular use, active additives remove parasites, cleanse the body of toxins.
Caucasian hellebore in oncology (myoma)
The rhizome of hellebore contains lipids that affect tumors. Drugs based on it, when introduced into a tumor, completely stop its growth, but exhibit high toxicity.
When administered intraperitoneally, the hellebore acts as a radiosensitizer for radiotherapy of malignant tumors. Skin applications do not have a general toxic effect on the body.
The hellebore removes pathogenic flora from the body, therefore, the effect of other drugs is easier to bear, the condition of patients improves markedly.
The hellebore is sometimes prescribed in complex therapy, as if the dosage is observed, it is well tolerated. Use drugs on the basis of hellebore should only be done after tests and consultation with a doctor. The plant, although medicinal, has toxicity.
For medication with hellebore Caucasian contraindications are as follows:
- intolerance to plant components,
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- myocardial infarction,
- glycoside sensitivity,
- children's age up to 7 years.
Preparations based on hellebore are contraindicated for expectant mothers, since glycosides affect the fetus, increase serotonin metabolism. Plant components can have a negative effect on milk production. In the early stages of conception, the hellebore can provoke a miscarriage or affect the proper development of the child.
Preparations based on Caucasian hellebore should be used only for its intended purpose and should not exceed the recommended dosage.
There are 14 species in nature, but only 3 of them are used in medicine, including the Caucasian hellebore. The red and black varieties contain alkaloids and glycosides, which are used as a cardiotonic agent. All species are similar in composition and appearance.
Blushing - has a horizontal and short rhizome. The roots of the reddening species contain glycosides, which are used for circulatory disorders. It is found in the Caucasus and in South-Western Ukraine.
Black - the rhizome of black color, so the plant and called black. Stem short, purple tide. The flowers are white and yellow in color 5-7 cm in diameter. A black hellebore grows in deciduous forests in Europe.
Read more about hellebore in the video:
What to remember
- The hellebore is a medicinal plant that is used to make tinctures, decoctions, infusions, powders or granules.
- The plant is used to treat nervous, cardiovascular, inflammatory diseases, as well as for weight loss and elimination of toxins.
- Despite its usefulness, the plant is considered poisonous.
- When used for therapeutic purposes, do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Before use, read the contraindications.
- Keep plant parts only in bags of natural materials.
- Consult a doctor before taking it. Numerous reviews indicate that this is a miraculous plant, Elena Malysheva told about the Caucasian helintree in her telecast.
Please support the project - tell about us
Caucasian hellebore can be found on the edges of oak, spruce-fir and beech forests. The plant feels great at an altitude of 1000 m above sea level, so it often grows in gorges and on the sloping mountain slopes.
The healing form of hellebore is common in the Caucasus Mountains; it is found in the southwestern part of the Krasnodar Territory. Grass can be found almost throughout the territory of Georgia, as well as in the Ukrainian Carpathian mountains. It grows along the Black Sea coast, in the foothills of the Kuban. Often thickets of hellebore can be found along the bright bank of a mountain river. The grass is frost-resistant, it blooms in the highlands in February-March.
The plant is among the perennial herbs. Vegetatively propagated, as well as with the help of fruits, therefore, often forms a kind of thickets.
- Root system Horizontal rhizome with short adventitious roots in the form of cords. The color of the bark is dark brown.
- Stems. Erect, cylindrical shape, from 30 to 50 cm long. They are peduncles, upwardly branching a little. On one stalk grows 1-2 flowers. Occasionally small sessile leaves form on the stems.
- Leaves . Two or three evergreen long leaf leaves form a rosette. Finger dissection forms 5-11 wide-ovoid or broadly lanceolate-leaf-shaped leaves from one sheet. At the end of each of them there is a taper.
- Flowers Dissolve up to 4 cm in diameter, the petals are light green in color with brown or reddish streaks.
- Fruits. Presented by non-consolidated leaflets, with black, smooth, oblong seeds.
Preparation of raw materials
The raw materials of Caucasian hellebore used for treatment are dried roots. They are collected in the fall, after the fruit has completely dropped off. The collection of raw materials requires caution, since wet roots are able to emit toxic volatile substances that affect the nervous system and cause headaches, dizziness, nausea. Even when digging up a plant, it is worth protecting your respiratory organs with a coal respirator. The process of harvesting Caucasian hellebore is like seven steps.
- Selected adult plants are dug along with the root.
- Using scissors, the above-ground part is separated from the root system, the damaged roots or their fragments are removed.
- The collected roots are washed with cool running water.
- The first part of the drying involves airing the roots in limbo from excessive moisture in the open air.
- After drying, the roots are laid out in one layer on cotton fabric in a shaded, well-ventilated place.
- When using the dryer, it is necessary to adhere to the temperature regime of 40-45 ° C.
- After complete drying, the raw material is packaged in plastic bags and hung in a dry, dark, well-ventilated room.
What is the value
The hellebore is a unique plant that can have a therapeutic effect on the human body. This is due to the high content of biological active substances of different nature and their therapeutic effect.
- Cardiac glycosides. In the hellebore, the concentrated korelborin glycoside K.
- Complex steroid saponins. It has anti-inflammatory effect, regulates the production of hormones, increases the speed and quality of the immune response. Normalizes electrolyte metabolism, improves bronchial secretion, has an expectorant effect due to stimulation of the cough center in the medulla.
- Fatty vegetable oils. They participate in regeneration processes, stimulate cell renewal, neutralize the effect of carcinogens on the human body.
- Alkaloid compounds. Show anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic action. They have a slight hypotensive effect, normalize the work of the central nervous system. In small doses, the effect is sedative, in large doses - tonic.
- Antraglycosides. Natural laxatives that cleanse the intestines due to mild irritation of its walls. They have a slight choleretic and diuretic effects. Remove toxins and fecal calculi.
- Flavonoids. Normalize the heart rate, the permeability of the vascular walls and the speed of peripheral blood flow.
- Coumarins. They have an antitumor effect by inhibiting the activity of atypical cells, normalize the heart rhythm, and have antioxidant properties.
- Vitamins A, C, D, E. They act as natural antioxidants, contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes, regulate the production of hormones.
Korelborin K is considered the most active chemical substance in Caucasian hellebore. It is recognized by the world of science as one of the strongest natural cardiac glycosides. This substance is the active ingredient of the drug "Korelborin." Qualitatively different from other cardiac glycosides by the ability to maintain its action when ingested, while all the rest are inactivated by the action of gastric juice. By its strength, the glycoside surpasses that obtained from the lily of the valley and is not inferior to strophanthin. Corelborin toxicity is recognized as moderate. According to the ability to accumulate freezer is considered an analogue of digitalis.
Cardiotonic is considered to be the main therapeutic effect of Caucasian hellebore - the ability to strengthen contractions, increase their amplitude, eliminate tachycardia, increase myocardial endurance, reduce its ischemia. Cardiotonic and cardioprotective effects only open up a list of positive effects.
- It has the ability to cleanse the body. In this case, the Caucasian hellebore not only cleans the intestines due to the laxative effect, but also helps to separate the fecal deposits and remove them from the body. The plant shows a slight choleretic effect, gently eliminating stagnation and preventing the occurrence of biliary stones. The diuretic effect contributes to the removal of sand from the kidneys. Also, the grass cleanses the blood and lymphatic system, helps to eliminate toxins accumulated in the tissues for many years.
- Normalizes the blood. The herb has a mild hypoglycemic effect, appropriate in the complex therapy of diabetes. Warns insulin spikes, reduces cravings for sweets and fatty, than nullifies the risk of overeating. Reduces cravings for sweets and fat. Lowering cholesterol helps prevent atherosclerosis. Caucasian hellebore is also actively used for the treatment of this disease.
- Displays salt deposits.Caucasian Hellebore gently removes excess salt deposits from soft tissues, as well as from joints, eliminating the symptoms and stopping the development of osteochondrosis, gout, and nephrorolithiasis. Regulation of electrolyte metabolism allows you to get rid of edema.
- Regulates the digestive tract. Substances in the composition of Caucasian hellebore stimulate the work of the digestive organs. This contributes to the activation of the production of food juices, their saturation with enzymes. Gradually normalization of digestion, acidity, dysbacteriosis, gastritis, enteritis disappear. The regenerating and anti-inflammatory actions of the plant promote the healing of gastric and duodenal ulcers, eliminate the symptoms of acute hemorrhoids. The use of herbs at work of the pancreas and the hepatobiliary system has a positive effect. The liver is cleared of excess fat, and the gallbladder - of flakes, the precursors of stones. The antiviral effect of hellebore helps in the treatment of hepatitis viral origin (for example, hepatitis C).
- Restores the urinary system. Caucasian hellebore has a pronounced diuretic effect and antimicrobial properties. In combination with an anti-inflammatory effect, it treats kidney inflammation, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, and even prostate adenoma.
- Clears the airways. The herb hellebore has a slight expectorant effect, stimulates the production and discharge of bronchial secretions. It is used for the treatment of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, and tuberculosis.
- Stimulates the glands. From the earliest time, grass has been used to treat female and male infertility, as well as thyroid gland disorders. The action is associated with the elimination of free radicals and the inflammatory process, as a result of which the glands are able to fully function.
- Normalizes the nervous system. Biologically active substances of Caucasian freezer have the ability to penetrate into the nervous tissue, normalize the conductivity of nerve fibers. The herb regulates serotonin metabolism, providing a slight sedative effect, manifested by the absence of anxiety, improved concentration, increased stress resistance. Against the background of prima preparations, depression, psychosis, fatigue syndrome, insomnia are eliminated from the plant. Adaptogenic action gives the patient a feeling of lightness, good mood, increases endurance of the body. It has been proven that epilepsy attacks on the background of taking hellebore are much less common, and their intensity is markedly reduced.
- Helps in the fight against tumors. The hellebore slows down the division and accelerates the death of atypical cells, being a means of preventing oncology. The antitumor effect is manifested in slowing the growth of tumors, as well as reducing the risk of metastasis. Caucasian hellebore is successfully used externally for the treatment of skin cancer and internally for the treatment of uterine fibroids, intestinal polyps.
- Stimulates immunity. The hellebore does not improve body defenses by stimulating the production of leukocytes, but by normalizing the maturation and release of protective cells (T-helpers, killer cells, macrophages) in response to inflammation. The use of plants allows you to forget about respiratory infections, even during an epidemic.
- Rejuvenates the body. Caucasian hellebore helps to eliminate worn cells and restore tissue by producing healthy ones. Reparative properties affect not only the appearance of the person taking the hellebore (skin color improves, it tightens hair loss, decreases wrinkles), but also on the functioning of its internal organs.
- Used for body shaping. The hellebore has long been used as an effective means for losing weight. Regular consumption of herbs will eliminate excessive appetite, bouts of hunger. With the help of hellebore can even get rid of obesity. The plant increases the energy consumption of the body, by increasing the basal metabolic rate and rapid purification. In combination with a decrease in appetite, this causes the liver to expend body fat. A separate advantage is the preservation of skin elasticity, the elimination of cellulite, the absence of stretch marks after weight loss on hellebore.
Features Used for complex rejuvenation of the body, elimination of chronic diseases, weight loss. Instructions and how to use hellebore for weight loss or treatment should be respected with particular accuracy. From the first day of administration it is necessary to use a single dose of 50 mg - on the tip of a knife in the morning on an empty stomach. Breakfast is allowed only after two hours. Every ten days, another dose is added. From 11th day it is necessary to take an amount of powder equal to two portions at the tip of the knife. When the dosage reaches 300 mg (six times at the tip of the knife), the dose increase stops. If at the same time there is any discomfort, the dose is reduced by 1-2 steps. The maximum allowed daily dosage of hellebore is from 150 to 300 mg. In a selected amount, the powder is taken once a day, in the morning on an empty stomach, for half a year.
Preparation and use
- Prepared raw materials (fully dried roots) are ground in a mortar to a powder or crushed using a mechanical device.
- The finished powder is folded in a resealable jar or plastic bag, for safety.
Features It is used internally for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system: pleurisy, tuberculosis, strong cough. External - joint pains in osteochondrosis, rheumatism, gout.
Preparation and use
- Half a teaspoon of crushed roots pour 500 ml of boiling water.
- The mixture is heated in a water bath for half an hour, constantly maintaining a low boil.
- The resulting broth defend 15 minutes, then filtered into a clean container.
- Means is taken orally on one teaspoon half an hour before meals, three times a day. With pain in the joints, broth is rubbed twice a day for 15 minutes.
Features Used for any skin diseases, including bacterial and fungal nature. With furunculosis, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, open cancer wounds.
Preparation and use
- 8 g of root powder is poured over a glass of boiling water.
- The mixture is infused for two hours, then filtered.
- The resulting infusion is used for washing wounds or applying compresses. The treatment is carried out twice a day.
Features Has proven itself as a remedy for hair loss, which effectively eliminates bald spots, even after chemotherapy.
Preparation and use
- 25 g of Althea root pour a glass of cold water, let it brew for an hour.
- 50 g of hellebore pour a glass of wine vinegar.
- Boil the mixture over low heat until it is half evaporated.
- After cooling, strain and mix both infusions.
- The resulting product is rubbed into the scalp twice a day, paying particular attention to very bald places.
Features Alcohol tincture is taken for the same purposes as the powder: losing weight, comprehensive recovery and complete cleansing of the body.
Preparation and application.
- 50 grams of hellebore pour half a liter of vodka.
- Put in a dark place to insist for seven days.
- When the tincture is finished, another half liter of vodka is added to the spiced cake; it is no longer necessary to insist. The procedure is repeated until the end of the course of treatment.
- Tincture on vodka taken half a teaspoon once a day. Allowed to add tincture to tea.
Caucasian hellebore does not belong to the number of pharmacopoeial medicinal plants. Its positive properties are used by manufacturers of dietary supplements.
What is a. Caucasian hellebore vegetable oil is recommended to be taken in all those cases in which powder is also used. Fatty compounds contribute to the restoration of cells, normalize the work of the nervous system, have a mild choleretic effect, purify the human body from harmful substances, neutralize radionuclides.
Application. Inside, Caucasian hellebore oil is taken in 20 drops under the tongue, one hour before the intended meal. External use helps to cope with joint pain and sinusitis: rub oil into a sore spot. At a cold head, drip four to five drops into each nostril.
The hellebore with fiber
What is a. Very popular remedy for weight loss. All the positive properties of hellebore are reinforced by the purifying and adsorbing action of plant fiber.
Application. Consume inward according to the scheme indicated in the table, having previously mixed the measured amount of the mixture in a liquid: water, milk, kefir.
Table - Scheme of reception of hellebore with fiber
Description plants Caucasian hellebore
Botanical description refers to the Caucasian hellebore perennial grasses. Stem short, creeping, roots and rhizomes powerful, branched. The leaves are broad, notched, not falling. Escape remains green all year round, for which he received additional recognition from gardeners as an ornamental plant.
It blooms in late winter - early spring, the flowers are large, white, fruiting in early summer.
The hellebore blooms early, so it rarely becomes a honey plant - during its flowering the bees are not yet active. In its raw form, it is poisonous - it should not be eaten, applied to damaged skin and mucous membranes, especially the eyes. In ornamental gardening it should be planted in places where children do not play to avoid poisoning.
Useful properties of plants for health
The plant has a diverse beneficial effect on the body. It enhances the frequency and strength of heart contractions, increases the efficiency of the heart.
In addition, the plant extract has the following effects:
- painkiller (including migraine),
- stimulates the activity of the endocrine system,
- increases the tone of blood vessels, including veins, reduces the formation of edema,
- reduces the risk of developing tumors.
Despite all the beneficial properties, the plant is poisonous. The same cardiac glycosides, which are necessary for the treatment of circulatory diseases, in large doses cause arrhythmias, heart pain, and impaired contractility. At the strong excess the lethal outcome is possible.
Alkaloids cause severe headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, their excessive use can cause hallucinations. Extraction of hellebore is sometimes used as a hallucinogen, but the remaining symptoms of poisoning make such an application extremely unpleasant and life-threatening.
Similar symptoms almost always occur when taking a plant in its raw form. Contact with juice on the mucous membrane of the eye causes pain, burning, tearing, runny nose. Contact with the mucous membrane of the nose - a runny nose and a decrease in smell, mouth - a sharp taste and nausea.
Indications for admission
Preparations from Caucasian hellebore are used to treat heart failure, hormonal disorders, hematopoietic diseases and the immune system, for pain, especially joint diseases and migraines. Based on it, many preparations are prepared for local, oral and intravenous use.
Caucasian hellebore has a use in oncology, but it also has a wide list of contraindications. Drugs based on it are injected directly into the abdominal cavity with tumors. They increase the sensitivity of the tumor to radiation and chemical effects, significantly slowing its growth, allowing to reduce the volume of the operation.
Preparation and use of powder from the roots of hellebore
To prepare the powder, the roots of the plant should be thoroughly dried and easily broken. It is necessary to work with such raw materials in gloves and a mask. It is placed in a mortar and kneaded with a pestle until a brown powder is obtained. You can also use for this purpose a manual coffee grinder, then the powder will be smaller.
This tool is added to the drink - or take spoons with water. Used to treat arrhythmias, heart failure, epilepsy, and mental disorders.
Decoction of plants
To prepare the broth, the root does not need to grind, it is enough to chop it finely. A teaspoon of this mixture is poured with boiling water, kept in a water bath, then allowed to infuse. Ready broth is necessarily filtered and stored in another container. All that is in contact with the hellebore, you need to wash.
It is possible to use broth inside (frequency - no more than 3 times a day) or outwardly in the form of lotions. Can not be used in compresses. It helps with osteochondrosis and pain in the joints. Ingestion treats cough, including pleurisy and tuberculosis. In case of serious diseases of the respiratory tract, the hellebore can only be used as a symptomatic remedy in complex therapy.
Caucasian hellebore, the use and contraindications of which need to be clarified with a doctor, is used in the form of infusion. For this, whole roots are poured with boiling water and wrapped in cloth. Means infused for about 2 hours. Then it needs to be cooled to room temperature and applied externally.
The drug can be applied to wounds, ulcers and other skin damage to prevent the growth of bacteria and to avoid purulent processes. This should be done no more than 2 times a day, otherwise the plant itself will become a source of tissue damage. It also helps with problematic skin - acne, prickly heat, and other inflammatory diseases. In cosmetology is used for hair growth.
Tincture is a drug that is made on the basis of alcohol. For this, crushed rhizomes are poured with alcohol or vodka, in some recipes it is advised to take cognac, and let it brew for 2-3 hours in a dark place. Be sure to filter the tincture - "waste" plant material does not bring benefits, but poisonous.
Is ingested by 1 tsp. every day (sometimes 2 times a day) for coughing, digestive disorders, hormonal disruptions, chronic constipation, and heart disease. Also used for rubbing for pain in the joints and back. The good effect gives rubbing tincture of hellebore during supercooling - it allows you to quickly restore blood supply to the skin.
But this should be done only in a warm room without drafts.
Tincture on vinegar
Caucasian hellebore, the use and contraindications of which are discussed earlier, is used in the form of acetic tincture. It differs from alcohol in that table vinegar or vinegar essence is used as a solvent. Means is intended only for external use.
Used for the treatment of pain in the joints in the form of compresses, can be used as part of hair masks. With purulent processes in the mouth, you can rinse your mouth and with angina - the throat. The drug inhibits the vital activity of bacteria. The main side effect is a sharp unpleasant taste, which can cause nausea and vomiting, so using it for disinfecting mucous membranes is not recommended.
How to take hellebore slimming
The effectiveness for losing weight is due to the fact that the hellebore disrupts the processes of lipid absorption and accelerates the movement of food through the intestines. To achieve this result, it is used in various forms.
Broths and infusions which can be taken inside are used - they possess the same, but softer effect. The use of hellebore for weight loss should be coordinated with a nutritionist, and gives the best results with a balanced diet and exercise.
The duration of the course of treatment depends on many factors - the disease that the patient is going to cure, the form of taking the drug, the characteristics of the body. The most frequent duration is no more than 2 weeks. During this time, do not have time to develop dangerous adverse reactions and poisoning.
If there is a need to extend the course of treatment or to make the medication permanent, the patient should consult a doctor to avoid health problems. Self-treatment is categorically unacceptable - with all its beneficial properties, the plant is very poisonous.
Those who decide to prepare their own drugs, should be aware of safety precautions - working with vegetable raw materials only in gloves and a mask. In order not to risk, it is better to buy pharmaceutical preparations based on hellebore.
Possible complications, adverse reactions
Caucasian frostbite, the use and contraindications for which were discussed in this article, should be used with caution. Since the drug has a diverse effect on the body, side effects are unavoidable and are directly related to its composition.
The hellebore-based drugs have the following negative effects:
- heart rhythm disorder
- diarrhea, vomiting,
- urinary incontinence,
- headaches, tinnitus, hallucinations,
- decreased performance, deterioration of well-being,
- local reactions - pain, burning, itching on the skin, burns of mucous membranes,
- allergic reactions down to angioedema
- with systematic use - deficient conditions caused by a violation of absorption and leaching of nutrients from the body,
- in severe cases - death from cardiac arrhythmia.
These effects can be observed with the correct use of the medicine, but from other systems (not those for which treatment it was prescribed) and if used improperly, when the patient exceeds the dose or duration of the course of treatment.To reduce the risk of side effects, these drugs should be taken strictly according to the instructions and prescriptions of the doctor.
The plant is used not only in medicine, but also to decorate its garden. It should not be used as a houseplant - the hellebore is too poisonous for this. Planting it in the country, you need to make sure that children will not play next to it - hellebore poisoning is quite dangerous.
The plant is unpretentious to the landing site, resistant to frost and drought, but it is advisable to plant it in the partial shade so that the freezer gets enough sun in the morning or evening hours and is closed by a shadow at noon. The ideal will be the neighborhood with large trees. Landing time is spring or autumn.
The hole must be prepared in advance - dig and compost. The plant is planted there and densely sprinkled with earth.
The hellebore is patient with its neighbors, both with large trees that give it partial shade and other flowers. It looks best in combination with relatives of the buttercup family, which bloom in spring. It is advisable to plant such plants in groups - they do not conflict over the soil, and together they look much more advantageous than single flowers.
The plant does not have to be watered - it is enough moisture that rain brings. But in order for the plant to bloom in full color, it is advisable to drain the soil next to it, add compost to it, so that the soil retains moisture longer. It is not necessary to do this in wet regions - the plant is drought-resistant, but it does not tolerate a swamp.
Caucasian hellebore, on the use and contraindications to which was discussed, is very unpretentious in terms of care. Top dressing occurs once every 3 weeks - you need to make bone meal or mineral fertilizers. Covering it for the winter is not necessary - the hellebore perfectly tolerates the cold, and in early spring will please the owners with white flowers.
Video about Caucasian hellebore, its beneficial properties and rules of use
Planting and care of hellebore:
The use of hellebore for weight loss:
What is hellebore?
Frostberry (Gelleborus) belongs to the perennial plants of the Buttercup family. In England, it is called the Christmas Rose or the Rose of Christ. The flower itself is shaped like a five-pointed star. Very frost resistant. Does not require careful maintenance and does not like transplants. This is due to the birthplace of Gelleborus: the North Caucasus and Georgia. For effective growth, it is best to propagate by dividing the bush with more mature plants.
The use of hellebore in traditional medicine
Initially hellebore in folk medicine was considered only medicine for the cores. The fact is that it reduces blood pressure, has a calming effect on the heart and nervous system. You should always be careful when applying, because the alkaloids and glycosides contained in the plant increase the performance of the heart muscle and prevent diseases such as cardiomyopathy and myocarditis. But for people who do not suffer from similar diseases, it is better to consult about the dosage of a specialist.
In modern society, most often used in the form of infusion, ointment or oil, etc. A significant advantage and advantage is the presence of useful components in all parts of the medicinal plant.
The hellebore in diabetes is used as a means to lower blood sugar. Also, with the proper use of decoction, you can not only settle the amount of sugar in the blood, but also normalize the pressure. Also, this remarkable plant can reduce the risk of disease, i.e. Gelleborus is not only a therapeutic agent, but also prophylactic.
Infusion for weight loss
Infusion for weight loss on the plant or the root of the hellebore should not be taken as an ordinary means to reduce weight, because in large quantities can seriously harm your health. The plant can be collected by yourself, and you can buy at the pharmacy. The easiest way to find powder from the roots of Gelleborus. There are several ways:
- Option one: 2 times a day on an empty stomach to take 50g. powder / dried mixture, washed down with water.
- Option Two: a tablespoon of the mixture pour a glass of hot water and infuse overnight. Drink once a day in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Option three: take a full course of six months. Scheme:
- 1-10 day - 50 mg. raw materials
- 11-21 days - 100 mg. raw materials
- 22-30 day - 150 mg. raw materials
- The next six months do not exceed 200 mg. It is necessary to leave the infusion for the night and drink half an hour before meals.
Note: Before starting the reception, be sure to consult with your doctor in order to avoid side effects.
Primrose, medicine and poison
So, we present you hellebore. This far-away evergreen cousin of the well-known buttercup has other names: forest peony, winte, "Rose of Christ", "Christmas rose". The variety with only pink flowers is called "Christmas Star". According to legend, extraordinary plants grew out of the shepherd’s tears, and he gave them to little Jesus. True, the Latin name - Helleborus means "Killing food", not so romantic, and even some ominous.
Because of the extraordinary beauty and fantastic resilience (not afraid of either snow or frost), this wondrous flower was also attributed to magical powers in ancient times. In medieval superstitions, a glorbrorus growing next to a dwelling was driving away evil spirits, in others, on the contrary, this plant was an indispensable component of a potion for calling the devil ... As for mysticism, it is debatable, but about a glorious commander, it is quite plausible, since the whole family of Buttercups is poisonous. Like many plants, hellebore can become both a medicine and a poison. All decide the dose and the effect of accumulation.
Blackberry, eastern, Caucasian, smelly (do not be surprised, there is such an exotic with green sepals) and Tibetan are among the wildberries-wild plants. But since gardeners have shown increased interest in this plant, is it any wonder that nowadays there are many hybrid varieties of very different colors, from green to purple?
All winter workers missing stem, flower stalks and leaves on petioles grow from rhizome. The flowering period depends on the variety and lasts from two to four weeks. Compact evergreen bushes withstand poorly scorching sun, it is better if they get the morning or evening rays. Zimnikov prefer penumbra and very moderate, but regular watering. In neutral soil, the presence of fallen leaves is desirable, there should be no clay, as the roots simply will not survive the stagnation of water.
Hailing from the mountain forests in the south and in the center of Europe, however, now in Russia he also feels quite well at summer cottages. Evergreen shrub small height, with dark leaves and peduncles from 30 to 60 centimeters, which adorn the newly opened white buds and pinkish older. The diameter of the sepal is from 8 to 12 centimeters in individual species (Potter's Wheel).
The main advantages - blooms 10−12 days, but keeps decorative and after flowering, perfectly tolerates our winters - not afraid of thirty-five degrees of frost.
Eastern hellebore or "Rose of Great Lent"
Homeland is considered to be Greece and Turkey, is found in the mountains of the Caucasus. Compact evergreen bushes about 30−45 centimeters in height bloom in March, and in the south even in February. Because of the high specific variability, the color of the star-like sepals is all possible, from snow-white to speckled and almost black. Diameter is about 5 centimeters. In some terry varieties, peduncles reach seventy centimeters. The most common of its kind, but cold resistance is less pronounced, only up to 18 degrees of frost.
It is believed that he hails from the mountain forests of the Caucasus, Greece and Turkey. The plant is frost-resistant, low, very decorative. On peduncles that can grow up to half a meter, there are rather large, up to 8 centimeters, drooping sepals. Color sepals from greenish white to greenish brown. Duration of flowering - 6 weeks, from the end of April, the whole of May. The most poisonous of all representatives of its kind, but also the most valuable as a medicinal plant.
Beauty that can cure or kill
As medicinal raw materials use only hellebore roots.
There are only two options:
- buy ready powder,
- prepare yourself.
The roots must be thoroughly washed, discarded the damaged areas, the rhizomes cut into thin (no thicker than 0.5 cm) and dried, and it is better to do it in the usual way, under a canopy. The fact is that when using special dryers, you need to carefully monitor the temperature regime: if there are more than forty degrees, the glycosides will simply collapse. Then the prepared raw materials need to grind in a coffee grinder or using a blender. Store only in sealed paper bags or glass jars; plastic containers or plastic bags should not be used. The beneficial properties of the powder persist for three years.
About the benefits of hellebore
Traditional medicine healing properties of black and especially the Caucasus freezer has been known for many centuries. With the help of these plants, many ailments were treated: migraine, arthritis, sciatica, rheumatism and stomach ulcer. Herbalists have long appreciated such properties as antibacterial, laxative, and diuretic in the winterer. Today it is known for certain that hellebore preparations can lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar, stabilize metabolic processes in the body. One of the first indicators of body cleansing is visible to the naked eye: the hair stops falling and the nail plates become stronger.
Well, for people suffering from overweight, this is just a miracle drug: slag and excess liquid will deduce, accelerate the splitting of fats and all metabolic processes. For a month, it is quite possible to lose 4−5, sometimes up to 10 kilograms. Agree, this is the dream of any fat man: no exhausting hungry days and restrictions on food, except for the revision of used drinks - you need to completely eliminate alcohol.
Only here there is one circumstance ...
... and the dangers of its use
All winter men, and especially Caucasian, are poisonous. Actually, for this reason, the Ministry of Health even refused a drug based on hellebore, used in the sixties of the last century. The reason is simple: Korelborin had too many side effects. In addition, it turned out that heart poisons have a cumulative property and are not removed from the body. Some patients died even from cardiac arrest after taking the healing potion.
It was then that they determined that hellebore preparations are contraindicated:
- cores who have had a heart attack, suffering from arrhythmias, tachycardias, etc.,
- patients with liver disease, if there are large stones in the gallbladder,
- urolithiasis, especially with coral stones,
- pregnant - can trigger an abortion or defects in fetal development,
- nursing mothers - the menstrual cycle is broken, the milk will be much less,
- children under 14 years old.
Many patients are very frightened by the prospect of getting an exacerbation of existing chronic diseases, but herbalists calm down, they say, this is natural in the process of recovery.
Serious complications are quite possible after taking freezer preparations: from sudden pressure drops to atrioventricular block and heart failure.
Heal or abstain - your choice
Numerous healing properties of Caucasian hellebore make it quite attractive. But even if you are ready to take it, it is better to do it only after a thorough examination and under the supervision of an experienced specialist. Acceptance of any drug is justified when the harm does not exceed the benefits that the drug should bring.
It is best to take the medicine at one time, pre-pouring the right amount of powder with cold boiled water. Hot water will destroy some of the useful components, so you should not use it. Select dosage a qualified specialist should take into account age, weight, general health, the presence of chronic ailments, especially heart disease.
And yet you need to think more than once: in small doses, the hellebore is ineffective, and after they increase, the risk of complications increases exponentially. And, by the way, today there is not a single drug from this plant (and dietary supplements as well) that would be approved by the Ministry of Health.
But in one case the forest peony certainly cannot harm you. If you settle it on your plot, every spring it will delight you with beautiful bouquets and give a good mood.
Frostberry - description
Caucasian hellebore is pretty small genus of perennial herbaceous plantswhich belongs to the family of buttercups. It has about 20 species. In height, it reaches a maximum of a half-meter mark, but is the owner of a beautiful shape of a bush and dense dark green leaves.
The hellebore flower is also of small diameter - only from 4 to 6 centimeters. Due to the fact that this plant is not afraid of snow and frost, it got its name. An important feature of hellebore is its need for forest soil, which is the ratio of phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium, and also beneficial microorganisms.
Properties of hellebore Caucasian
With the help of Caucasian hellebore, you can cope with many ailments and diseases. Among its main properties should be highlighted:
- Decreased blood sugar levels. Take the broth hellebore is recommended for people who suffer from diabetes.
- Normalization of metabolism. Due to this property, this plant is an excellent means for losing weight. But the main advantage of this is that no folds are formed after the extra pounds are gone.
- Blood Pressure StabilizationI. For hypertensives, Caucasian hellebore is an indispensable tool.
- Treatment of urological diseases. The plant helps with pyelonephritis (even purulent), as well as in combination with other means eliminates urolithiasis.
- Help in treating the thyroid gland. Normalizes the activity of the thyroid gland, promotes the resorption of cysts and nodes.
- Normalization of the sexual system and intestines. Caucasian hellebore has a laxative and diuretic effect. With it, you can get rid of constipation, clear mucous membranes, remove salt and sand from the kidneys.
- Normalization of the gallbladder and liver. This plant has a choleretic and antispasmodic effect. This prevents the stagnation of bile and helps clean the liver, which, in turn, prevents the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
- Antitumor effect. Preparations based on this plant are recommended for fibromas, myomas, cysts, polyps, mastopathy, prostate adenoma, and even cancer.
- Help with osteochondrosis, radiculitis, rheumatism, arthritis and joint diseases. The effect is observed already 2–3 months after the start of the administration of the drug based on hellebore.
- Headache reliefthat occurs after a trauma or concussion.
- Improving blood circulation.
- Reducing the number of seizures in epilepsy.
- Treatment of respiratory organs. Caucasian hellebore helps with bronchitis, even with chronic, tuberculosis, bronchial asthma. The effectiveness of the drug is due to the ability of the hellebore to dilute the sputum, removing it from the body.
- Beneficial effect on the central nervous system. Infusions of this plant will be useful for people who suffer from neurosis and insomnia. In the end, nerves calm down, there is an increase in balance, performance and peace of mind.
- Stimulation of the immune system. The use of hellebore in the cold season prevents many colds.
- Removal of toxins, slags, salts of heavy metals and radionuclides from the body.
Among other things, Caucasian hellebore has a beneficial effect on the entire body, providing a general rejuvenating effect and raising the tone.
The benefits and harm of hellebore Caucasian
The hellebore accelerates scarring of ulcers, and quickly eliminates pain. With its help, the intestines are cleared of mucus, which has a positive effect on the digestive tract. And as a result: patients have an appetite, mood and well-being improves. And also when using hellebore the following positive results are observed:
- Normalization of the thyroid gland
- Cleansing blood vessels from cholesterol plaques.
- Normalization of hormonal balance.
- Elimination of headaches of various etiologies: removal of spasms, enrichment of the brain with oxygen, improvement of the blood supply.
- Normalization of the functioning of the central nervous system.
- Stimulation of protective forces.
- Normalization of the reproductive system: drugs with the use of hellebore effectively fight infertility, the causes of which may be inflammatory processes.
- Improving the work of the heart.
The hellebore is recommended for prevention, as it has anti-aging and restorative effects.
In the first 6 months of treatment with hellebore preparations, a primary cleansing of the body is observed, accompanied by increased hair growth and cessation of hair loss. And also strengthened nails. При длительном употреблении это растение, нормализуя работу кишечника, начинает утрачивать своё слабительное действие, однако, это не мешает ему очищать организм от всяких вредных веществ, очищая и обновляя тем самым состав крови.
The undeniable advantage of the hellebore is the absence of the effect of addiction, as it has practically no narcotic constituents.
Important! Preparations using hellebore can exacerbate chronic diseases, which is a normal pattern in the path of recovery. Regular intake of these drugs allows you to raise the overall tone of the body and prolong youth.
Harm of hellebore
The danger of using hellebore is that the cardiac glycosides contained in the plant are gradually deposited in the body, and if used improperly, drugs cause irreparable harm to it.
In addition, you need to remember that this plant, having a strong local effect, can irritate the skin or cause diarrhea and vomiting. Therefore, always stick to the dosage that is prescribed by the doctor.
What does Caucasian hellebore treat?
The hellebore preparations are used in the treatment of such pathologies as:
- Bleeding gums.
- Chronic inflammation of the ovaries.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
- Duodenal ulcer.
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
- Chronic prostatitis.
- Prostate adenoma.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Hyperfunction of the thyroid gland.
- Skin diseases.
- Acids and polyps.
- Oncological diseases.
- the cardiovascular system.
- Brain concussion.
- A stomach ulcer.
How to use drugs based on hellebore
The course of treatment based on the preparations of hellebore, usually calculated for 1 year. In this case, the dosage during the passage of this course, first gradually increases, with its subsequent reduction. After a six-month course of taking the drug, it is necessary to take a break for 1 month, then start taking anew with a minimum dose and an increase.
A six-month course of treatment is also possible. It is immunomodulatory and preventive in nature, since the hellebore not only cleans the intestines and normalizes its normal functioning, but also improves the holistic work of the whole organism.
How to take hellebore. Instructions and dosage
The dosage of the drug hellebore can be prescribed only by a doctor, and only after all necessary examinations and tests.
A small dose (up to 100 mg / day) is indicated for people who have recently suffered a heart attack or stroke, as well as for patients with the initial stage of hypertension. With regular intake of up to 150 mg / day, after a few months, stones and sand will come out. Safe daily dose up to 200 mg / day. Take 1 time per day in the morning 1 hour before meals.
Dosed powder of hellebore poured on the tongue and washed down with water. According to the scheme of the annual course, start with 50 mg, and increasing every 10 days to another 50 mg, adjusted to 200 mg per day.
For children 7-14 years, the dosage is reduced by 2.5 times.
Strictly prohibited! Deviation from prescribed dosages. It is dangerous for your health and can lead to severe poisoning.
Very important! Uncontrolled intake of the drug on the basis of hellebore can lead to poisoning, which, in turn, to coma or death.
Ancient recipes using hellebore
- From Druid Recipes
For cleansing the blood, many druid priests have trained themselves to eat hellebore leaves. They simply dried them in the shade, and then mixed them with the same amount of sugar.
As a result, the body got used to the freezer and lost its laxative effect, but continued to purify the blood. Such procedures were carried out regularly, but with a break of one week from small doses to 4 grams at the end of the process. Due to this, they reached old age, not knowing any external or internal diseases and pathologies.
- From recipes of ancient Slavs
Caucasian hellebore is an excellent panacea for a great many diseases. It helps to quickly remove all toxic decomposition products from the body. To add the most pleasant taste of the freezer powder, you can bake its root and leaves in rye bread. At the end of baking, you need to make powder from the root and take 2 grams before meals, and the strongest and most.
- From the recipes of the Greeks and Romans
In ancient times, almost everywhere it was instituted to take all plants in powder form and in a 2-gram proportion per dose. This method of reception was also widely distributed among the Romans and Greeks. They finely chopped the root of the hellebore and cooked it along with the meat soup.
- From the recipes of Theophrastus Paracelsus
And in conclusion, I would like to give a very original recipe of the medieval mystic and alchemist Theophrastus Paracelsus. To do this, take the root of the hellebore, finely chop it and start them an apple, which must be plucked at night. In the morning, you need to bake this apple on low heat, remove the contents and turn it into powder. This powder mass is taken before meals of 2 grams. Preferably in spring or autumn. This tool can cure not only mental illness, but also revitalize tissues, purify blood and, most importantly, prolong life.