Apricot is one of the most ancient fruit crops grown by man. Over the centuries, many different varieties of this garden plant have been bred. One of the most interesting and popular among summer residents is the red-cheeked apricot. The advantages of this variety has a lot, but in the care it is relatively unpretentious.
The red-cheeked apricot was bred in Crimea by Soviet breeders in 1949. Almost 70 years of cultivating a variety, many hybrids were obtained from it. At the moment, in the suburban areas you can see apricot "red cheeky late", as well as:
All varieties of this variety are cultivated mainly in the southern regions of Russia. It is in a warm climate that the red-cheeked apricot shows all its best qualities. However, since this variety is resistant to low temperatures, it is allowed to grow in Central Russia. Very often, for example, you can see the red-cheeked apricot in the Moscow region, which gives good yields. This variety feels good in the Southern Urals or even in Western Siberia.
Red-cheeked apricot: variety description, advantages and disadvantages
The trees of the base variety grow quite large. Their crown is sprawling, rounded, rare. The fruits of this apricot ripen in mid-July. Therefore, it refers to the varieties of the average period of fruiting. The first harvest from a tree planted at the dacha can be harvested for 3-4 years.
The fruits of the apricot "red lip" are rather large (30-42 g). They have a rounded or ovoid shape, and the color is golden-orange. This variety is called “red-cheeked” for its dim blush on the fruits. The flesh of apricot is light orange, tender and juicy. As for the taste qualities of red-cheeked fruit, summer residents speak very well of them. Apricot is very sweet, with a little sourness.
In addition to tasty fruits and endurance in terms of low temperatures, the apricot “red-cheeked” has other advantages. Variety description given by breeders allows judging it as drought-resistant. Confirm the undemanding of trees to moisture and summer residents. Even with minimal watering, these apricots give excellent yields. It tolerates this variety and dry years.
The advantages of apricot "red cheeks", thus, there are many. There is only one drawback - not a very high degree of resistance to such common diseases as cholerosis and moniliosis.
How to plant
How to grow on your site apricot "red-cheeked"? The description of the variety, given above, makes it possible to judge it as rather unpretentious. Therefore, taking care of him, even for an inexperienced summer resident, will most certainly not be difficult. You can grow apricot "red-cheeked" from the seed or seedling. In the first case, the tree is likely to show all the qualities inherent in the variety. However, unfortunately, fruit trees do not always grow from the bones (about half of the cases). Therefore, gardeners most often still buy red-cheeked apricot seedlings.
Mature fruits of this apricot, like most other varieties, are not held too tightly on the branches. Therefore, if the summer resident does not want to harvest from the ground, the seedling should be placed on the site in a place well protected from the wind. Not very fond of this variety and the close ground water.
April is the best time to buy seedlings of such a fruit plant as the red-cheeked apricot. Planting of the latter is carried out in advance prepared pits 60-80 cm wide, 40-50 cm deep. Soil mixture is made from garden soil and a large amount of rotted manure. It is mandatory to add potash fertilizers. If desired, you can also use phosphoric.
After the near-stem circle is compacted, the seedlings of the red-cheeked apricot are carefully watered at a cost of at least 4 buckets of water. Then you can slightly adjust the crown of the tree. All branches on apricot in the first year of growth must be single.
How to water
Moisten the soil under the apricot "red-cheeked" should be three times per season. Pouring water is desirable in pre-made annular grooves. The diameter of the extreme should be equal to half the diameter of the crown. The first time apricots are watered during flowering. In the second - at the end of May and in the third - at the beginning of July, before the fruit ripens. To apricot well wintered, you can also produce late autumn watering.
You can keep moisture under the trees a little longer by mulching a tree circle. Land previously worth loosening. This should be done carefully, since apricots have a lot of surface roots. Loosening no deeper than 10 cm.
How to fertilize
Apricot is also fed three times per season. In the spring make nitrogen-containing fertilizers. In late May, you can also feed the tree slurry. In the summer, spraying the crown with nitrogen-containing compounds is performed. In late autumn, phosphorus and potash fertilizers are applied under the roots of apricot. You can also sprinkle near-stem circle for the winter with powdered chalk.
Apricot "red-cheeked", the characteristic of which allows to judge it as one of the best varieties, it is desirable to periodically cut. Experienced gardeners recommend performing this procedure in spring or summer. If you remove the extra branches in the fall, the tree can go into the winter weakened.
In the spring pruning produced before the start of sap flow, in March. In trees of two years old and older, one-year growth is shortened. At the very beginning of June (1-4 numbers) they do pinching. At the same time, all the shoots of the current year are longer than 20 cm. After a week of this procedure, the red-cheeked apricot usually produces a large number of young strong shoots, which later will produce a crop. This pruning, however, is recommended only if the tree grows on nutrient soil and is sufficiently supplied with water.
When forming the apricot crown, it should be borne in mind that the branches of this fruit tree are attached to the central conductor not too firmly. Therefore, when pruning necessarily lay single branches with a large angle of discharge.
How to deal with congestion
Apricot is “red-cheeked”, planting and caring for them is a very simple procedure, however, it can get sick under adverse conditions. Not very stable, for example, this variety is known as to phytosteriasis. Therefore, gardeners who planted the “red-cheeked” in their garden should know how to deal with this infection. The main signs of phlegm are:
the appearance of rust-colored spots on the leaves with the subsequent formation of holes,
the appearance on the fruit of small purple depressed spots, with time increasing in size,
the formation on the branches of round and elongated cracking spots, oozing gum,
dying off of buds and drying of flowers.
Before starting treatment of a phytosteriasis, remove all diseased branches and fruits from the tree. Fight with this disease is usually a solution of copper sulphate or bordeaux fluid (1%). Spraying can be done at any time, but no later than 3 weeks before harvest.
The first sign of this disease, which also often affects the red-cheeked apricot, is the darkening of flower petals. After a while they begin to dry out. Further, the same thing happens with leaves and young shoots. With a serious development of the disease, whole branches die off at the plant. After a certain time, if you do not take appropriate measures, the tree dies completely.
In order to treat diseased apricots, closer to autumn, they can be treated with 1% solution of blue vitriol or Bordeaux mixture. Other fungicides should be used. This may be, for example, copper oxychloride (for 5 liters of water 40 g). Trees should be processed before and after flowering. It is desirable to use different fungicides. In addition to the crown, you need to spill a fungicide and pristvolny circle.
It is rather difficult to cure the fungal diseases of apricots, such as monilioz and klyasterosporioz. It's easier to still try to prevent them. For prophylaxis:
trees at planting are placed at a distance sufficient for good ventilation,
spend rejuvenating light pruning,
all removed branches, as well as weeds and dried leaves from the near-circle circle, are removed and burned.
During the care of the trees should be as careful as possible. Apricot bark can not be damaged. Use only well-sanitized instruments for pruning.
Collection and storage
The ripened fruits of such a plant as an apricot “red-cheeked”, reviews of the taste qualities of which summer residents have are very good, are considered after they accept a rich yellow-orange color with a red blush. Indicates ripeness as well as their pleasant aroma. Green fruit tearing is not recommended. Of course, during storage and transportation they mature. However, their taste will not change - it will remain sour and tart. The smell of the fruit at the same time will not be at all.
Harvest from a plant such as apricot "red-cheeked", whose height is significant (up to 3 m), you can use the ladder. If the fruit is intended for processing, the tree is allowed to shake.
The shelf life of fresh apricots are very small. You can keep them in the refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks. Therefore, fruits that are not used for processing into jam or compote are simply dried. In the latter case, they can be stored in the refrigerator all winter.
Apricots intended for drying are left on the tree longer. After they are torn down, they should be treated with a SO solution.2. For drying, the fruits are laid out on paper or cloth in a single layer and placed in a sunny place.
Apricot "red-cheeked": gardeners reviews
Most gardeners consider this variety one of the best of all available today. With proper care, no problems with it usually arise. Too much water to spend on it is not necessary. He also endures winters well. Many believe that even forming the crown of this tree is not necessary (except for the rejuvenating spring pruning). Thus, the care of apricots (“red-cheeked”) is reduced at the most to the prevention of fungal diseases and infrequent watering.
Thus, we have found out what the red-cheeked apricot is. The description of the variety, as well as the rules for caring for it, were discussed in detail in the article. Best of all this variety is suitable for cultivation in the southern regions. But you can try to plant this variety with sweet, juicy fruits in central Russia.
Description of the variety of apricot Red-cheeked
The tree of the described apricot variety has a spreading crown. Refers to high growing trees. Height can reach 4 meters . Due to the timely and correct formation of the crown, you can get a low spreading tree. The name of the variety is due to the red-cheeked color of ripe fruits.
Red-cheeked apricot variety
Characteristic of fruits:
- weight one apricot - 50 grams,
- the form fruits often rounded,
- the pulp fairly soft, juicy and porous,
- in taste sweet-sour notes prevail,
- bone easily separated from the fruit,
- fruit starts at 3-4 year.
The variety belongs to trees of long-lived, the ability to bear fruit lasts up to 50 years. To care for such a tree is a pleasure for gardeners.
There is very little information about the homeland of apricot and its origin. It is known that for the first time, red-cheeked fruits were seen in the mountains of Central Asia. Later varieties began to grow in Armenia. And only after the war, the Crimean breeders of the Nikitsky Botanical Garden gave him a new life. On its basis, many red-cheeked hybrids are derived.
Today, this variety is considered competitive among the European origin of apricots. By virtue of their unpretentiousness, the breeders made sure that the tree felt comfortable regardless of the region. Breeding allowed to expand the growing area of red-chewed apricot.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Fruiting apricot it does not keep you waiting, you can taste the first fruits from the tree already for 3 years.
- Sort does not require additional pollination and the presence of a number of other apricots.
- Late bloom allows you to avoid the damaging effects of spring frosts.
- The tree develops well and fruits on the soil of any type.
- Red-cheeked apricot has increased frost resistance. Not afraid of drought.
- Despite disease resistancesubject to some infections.
- Does not like excessive moisture, fogs and rains contribute to the development of moniliosis.
- Worse fruit in lowlands and wet soils.. In winter, young shoots can be damaged by frost in such soil.
Characteristics of trees and fruits
The crown of the tree is powerful, the branches are sprawling, strong. The plant is not afraid of strong winds. Particularly popular grade earned high yields. From one tree you can collect 10 buckets of apricot. Saplings, to a greater extent, take root easily and withstand low temperatures. There are no special requirements for planting young shoots. Thanks to the thick bark, the crown is protected from damage. The tree loves a lot of light.
It develops excellently in open areas. Being a hardy variety, it tolerates the conditions of the “Russian winter” well. These trees will be a worthy decoration of any garden. Ripe apricots have a golden-orange color. Distinctive feature from other varieties - red barrel. The skin of the fruit is dense, velvety to the touch. The aroma of fruit in fractured form is pronounced.
Fruits Apricot Red-cheeked
Fruits ripen in the second half of July. Due to uneven ripening, harvesting must be carried out in several stages. This approach will avoid shedding apricots. Variety tolerates transportation. Ripe fruits are in demand for resale in the markets. After harvesting, fruits can be stored for up to 10 days.
Growing region and adaptation in other regions
The variety has proven itself well, and its hybrids in the northern part of the southern zone, south-western regions. In Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Crimea, the North Caucasus and the Volga region. Unpretentious apricot allows you to see this variety on the garden plots in many parts of Russia. It is widely distributed in Rostov-on-Don and Krasnodar. The growing geography is too rich to list all the regions. In the South, the red-cheeked miracle can be found in almost every yard.
Yield and storage
Productivity depends on the care of the sapling from the moment of subsidence to fruiting. If the recommendations of experienced gardeners are met, the result will certainly please. Harvest volume can be increased by collecting fruits in 3-4 stages . The remaining fruits on the tree are poured and increase in volume after each harvest. This technique will solve the problem of storage, fruit can wait in the wings on the tree for up to 3 weeks.
Red-cheeked apricot can be stored in dried form (dried apricots)
Depending on their further use, the fruits of different maturity are torn off. Overripe apricots are suitable for drying, and food - moderately ripe without damage. If it is proposed to transport fruit over long distances in order to market it, it is necessary to collect slightly ripened light yellow-colored fruits. Any apricots are suitable for canned food. Practical hostess will find them a worthy use.
It depends on the correct planting of seedlings how actively the tree will grow. Compliance with the rules is a guarantee of a generous harvest. So that this process does not seem too complicated, it is enough to follow the following sequence.:
- Before planting you need to dig a hole. The size of the pit should be calculated on the root system of the seedling. The young tree must be placed in a hole; it is unacceptable to leave roots sticking up along the edges.
- The bottom of the pit must be filled with fertile soil and plenty of water. To bury a sapling so that the root neck was slightly covered with a ground. Around the landing ground tamp, once again watered and insulated foliage.
- The best landing time is the second half of autumn.. However, this does not mean that the landing can not be done in the spring. This should be done with the onset of warm nights. Saplings of spring planting require more frequent moderate watering.
- To sapling well acclimatizedAfter planting, watering is done under the root in a volume of up to 30 liters. Watering in the form of a light "rain" under the trunk will not give the proper result.
- Week later take root the plant will need feeding complex composition of fertilizers. This is a very important point not to be missed.
Care and pruning
Apricot seedlings do not require reverent care, following the recommendations of experienced gardeners can accelerate the growth of the tree and increase its yield. Above it is described that the variety is afraid of moisture and shading inside the trunk with branches. therefore It should regularly loosen and mulch the soil under a tree. This is done in order to the air to the root system, and the excess moisture evaporates. Иначе начнется загнивание корней, последует гибель саженца.Watering is particularly important during the period of active growth of apricot.
Regular pruning of apricots is one of the necessary conditions for obtaining a good harvest.
Starting from the first year of growth, the tree should be formed by pruning. Formed crown need to periodically rejuvenate, get rid of overgrowths. Slices of thick branches, to prevent disease, paint over with a special compound or oil paint. The barrel at the bottom is lime white with the addition of copper sulfate. Preferably the procedure is carried out in the fall.
Diseases and pests
The grade, unpretentious to leaving, is not especially susceptible to diseases. Therefore, it is popular with gardeners. However, this does not mean that you need to let everything take its course. Without waiting for the symptoms, handle the crown, branches, leaves. Most often due to improper care and untimely spraying of red apricot, the following diseases may occur:
- Stone bone cocomicosis
Symptoms of the disease manifest themselves in different ways. It is very difficult to treat fungal lesions, it is much easier to prevent their development by preventive measures.. In the gardener's arsenal should always be means for spraying. With moniliose, the drugs Horus and Bordeaux mixture are well recommended.
Given the fact that fungal spores are quickly spread by wind, a whole garden can be infected from one diseased tree.
Instead of conclusion, it should be noted that in caring hands any tree will perk up and begin to grow actively. Compared to other varieties, this one is the most unpretentious. Gardeners love working with him. The article describes the description of a variety of apricot Krasnoshcheky in detail. By planting such a seedling in your plot, you will be provided with fruits for the whole season.. Generous harvest you!
Description of Red-cheeked apricot
The variety is the result of the work of Crimean breeders, was bred in 1947 in the Nikitsky Botanical Garden. Subsequently, this apricot became the basis for the creation of new hybrids. These include such varieties as the Red-faced late, the son of Krasnoshchy, the Red-cheeked Nikitsky, the Red-cheeked Salgirsky.
Despite their common origin, each of them has distinctive features:
- Red-cheeked late yield only in late July - early August. Although the other qualities are not inferior to its predecessor.
- The son of Krasnoshchekogo is notable for better winter hardiness and low susceptibility to temperature fluctuations. Therefore, it is more often planted in the middle lane, including in the suburbs.
- The hybrid Nikitsky differs from the parent in the elongated and laterally compressed shape of the fruit. Apricots have more tender flesh, which are also superior to the ancestor of sweetness.
- Salgirsky is distinguished by high tree productivity and good technical properties of fruits.
The tree at Krasnoshchekogo reaches large sizes, can grow up to 12 m. Crohn rare sprawling, long branches. Its life span is 50–60 years. The fruits are oval. At the base of each is a deep abdominal suture. The color is golden orange. There is also a reddish tint, due to which the variety got its name. Fruits are covered with velvety dense skin. The flesh is colored light orange and has a characteristic apricot flavor.
The taste of the fruit is sweet and sour, they include:
- 13.70% dry matter
- 9.72% sugars,
- 1.37% acids,
- 13.7 mg / 100 g ascorbic acid.
The stone is large, its weight reaches 6.30% of the total mass of the fetus. From the pulp is separated easily, has a sweet taste. Distinctive features of the variety is its ripening and fruit ripening in several stages.
Apricot is a light-loving culture. This factor should be considered when choosing a landing site. The distance between groundwater and the surface of the ground should not be less than 2.5 m. The soil should not be dense. Light-loamy, loamy or slightly carbonate soils are suitable for apricot with a pH level from 7.0 to 8.0.
Important! The red-cheeked variety is not recommended to be planted in the soil that contains lime.
The site should be on a hill. It is desirable that the place was fenced from gusts of wind, for example, a high fence or a forest belt. For culture, a shaded area located in a valley where moisture can stagnate will not work. As a protective structure, you can install a wooden plank shield on the east or north side, which will prevent the wind from affecting the seedling. When the tree reaches the age of 3-4 years, the need for such a structure will disappear.
The features of the process are as follows:
- Apricot can be planted in spring (late April) or in autumn - in mid-October.
- During the growing season, the procedure is not recommended.
- Regardless of the landing time, the pit must be prepared in advance. This will allow shrinkage of the soil, making it easier to place the plant.
- In the autumn planting, the deepening is prepared 1-2 weeks before the procedure, if the tree is planted in the spring, a hole is dug in the fall (in October or November).
- Apricots should be separated from other trees by 3–5 m. The same distance should be observed when planting several seedlings.
For landing it is necessary to do the following manipulations:
- Dig a hole 70 cm wide and 70–80 cm deep.
- At the bottom you need to lay a drainage layer of about 10 cm. For this purpose, suitable gravel, branches or twigs.
- Then pour 15 kg of humus, 500 g of superphosphate, 2 kg of ash, 100 g of potassium salt, 1 kg of lime and 200 g of ammonium nitrate into the pit. Mix fertilizer with soil in equal parts.
Important! Plant roots should not come into contact with top dressing without soil, otherwise the tree will get burned.
Important! The red-cheeked variety is self-fertile, therefore pollinators are not required for its planting.
Grow apricot can also be from the stone. Planting material is pre-soaked in water at room temperature for 24 hours. The bones are placed in pits 6 cm deep every 10–15 cm. When the plant reaches the age of two, it is transplanted.
The first 2 years after planting the tree trunk circle mulch with mowed grass or peat, which is laid in a layer of 10 cm. It helps to protect the tree from frost, weeds and wind. In the third year, mulch must be removed. If you leave a protective layer, apricot will not extract moisture in the deeper layers of the soil. Its root system will be located too close to the ground surface and may freeze.
The Red-cheeked apricot is drought tolerant, but it needs to be watered to produce a high yield. During the season, the tree is moistened 4 times according to this scheme:
- The first watering is done before flowering or during this process.
- The second - in May, when there is an intensive formation of shoots.
- The third time the tree is moistened in the first decade of July. For each irrigation use 20-30 liters of water.
- In November, the apricot is watered for the fourth time and at the same time it uses 50–60 l of water per 1 m² of tree trunks.
There are several ways to water:
- The first of these involves the use of annular grooves. Their diameter should be equal to half the diameter of the apricot crown.
- The second way is to use special devices - sprinklers, which are installed under the crown of the plant. When watering water is sprayed and moisturizes not only the soil, but also the air. It does not wash away the fertile soil layer, which is an advantage of this method.
- The third way - watering in bowls. Under the crown you need to dig a recess, the diameter of which corresponds to the size of its projection. At the edges of such a bowl, place a dirt roller with a height of 20 to 25 cm. Dig a furrow 20–30 cm wide, connect it to the bowl and feed water through it.
Simultaneously with the irrigation carry out and feeding the tree. At the first watering use ammonium nitrate. At 10 liters of water will require 0.5 kg of this fertilizer. When the tree is watered for the third time, potassium sulfate, superphosphate or potassium salt is used in similar proportions.
For 4–5 years, organic fertilizers are being introduced: compost, poultry or cow manure. For one tree requires 1–2 buckets of such feeding. Fertilizer is applied to the trunk circle during digging.
Important! Every year the amount of top dressing increases by one bucket.
Apricot does not shed the ovary on its own, so it needs regular pruning. Otherwise, the tree will be overloaded with fruits, which will lead to its depletion and breaking off the branches.
Neglecting the forming and sanitary pruning, you should not be surprised why the tree is not happy with the harvest.
Trimming is done three times a season:
- In spring, the procedure is performed at the end of March or the first days of April before blooming of buds and the beginning of sap flow.
- In summer, the tree is pruned in June.
- In the autumn, the procedure is carried out in the middle of October.
To pruning begin one year after landing. The process itself has the following features:
- In the spring, shorten the tree at a level of 90–100 cm. With abundant branching, cut 2 branches from the main row into half the length. Shorten other shoots to the ring influx, which is located at the base near the trunk.
- The branches in the second tier should be at a distance of 35–40 cm from one another.
- The trim level also depends on the number of shoots. If the tree is heavily branching, annual branches more than 60 cm long are shortened by half, and for a weakly branching plant, by 2/3.
- Shoots 40–60 cm long are cut to 1/3. Short branches are left for growth. Fruiting shoots are not pruned.
- In the summer and autumn, dry and damaged branches are removed. For pruning, you can use a pruner, knife or file.
Shelter for the winter
Apricot should be prepared for the winter period. For this you need to do the following manipulations:
- Dig a trunk circle within a radius of 1–2 m and place leaves, humus or peat in a layer 10–20 cm thick.
- To protect the bottom neck from temperature extremes, wrap it with several layers of burlap.
- In winter, branches can be damaged by wind. As a result, the buds will not bloom, and the shoots will die. To prevent such consequences, drive 4 pegs around the plant, the height of which should be a little less than the level where the lower branches begin to grow.
- Stretch film over the tree and wrap apricot, tie the ends to the pegs.
- Along the perimeter of the trunk, scribble an earthen embankment so that it reaches the film. Thus, a kind of cap will be formed above the tree, which will prevent the negative impact of wind on the plant.
Apricot can also be protected with roofing paper, placing the material in the form of a cylinder. Cover the top hole with a metal grid. Then lay a layer of roofing material.
Also, the bark is covered with whitewash to prevent exposure to pests. The procedure is performed in the autumn after fruiting. Dilute 0.5 kg of lime in 10 liters of water and whitewash booms and skeletal branches with a paint brush.
History of the variety
The exact history of this variety is authentically unknown, although there is evidence that the selection of the variety was carried out in the Nikitsky Botanical Garden back in 1947, when it was entered in the state register. It is noteworthy that due to a number of advantages and properties, the Red-cheeked apricot variety became the progenitor for a number of varieties that are also popular and attract gardeners with their endurance, taste and high yield.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Advantages of Krasnoshcheky:
- rapid growth and development of seedlings,
- high yield
- Receiving first harvests after 2-3 years after disembarking,
- the variety is independent and does not depend on pollination from other trees,
- due to late flowering, the yield of the tree does not depend on the spring frosts,
- favorably takes root and develops on various soils,
- characterized by increased resistance to drought and frost,
- does not require constant care.
- despite the resistance to a predominant number of diseases, it is often exposed to infection,
- susceptibility to thickening of the crown forces periodically to carry out treatment from pests,
- grows poorly and bears fruit in the lowlands
- dependent on abundant sunshine and warm air.
Proper apricot planting
Ensuring the conditions of active, proper development and mass fruiting depends on several factors, the main and decisive among which is the correct planting of the seedling. Many gardeners know in general how to plant an apricot in the spring. The presented instructions will allow to plant the apricot correctly and to a person with experience, and a novice gardener.
How to choose seedlings when buying
It is almost impossible to estimate the yield, durability and strength of a sapling when buying, but it is possible to draw conclusions about its health and ability to take root in the plot, which is decisive. First of all, you need to pay attention to the condition of the trunk and bark - the presence of cracks and dark spots indicates the pain of the seedling. The root system should be at least small, but stronger. Weak and thin roots - an indicator that the tree will take root quite difficult and long. When buying in the spring is better to choose seedlings with small buds. The height of the tree is not significantly important, but, as a rule, the standard seedling reaches 70 cm.
Site selection and soil requirements
To plant an apricot of the Krasnoshcheshky variety in the garden, it is best to choose a little sublime, well lit and reliably protected from strong gusty winds. The tree is quite sun-loving, so a place for apricot should be chosen isolated, distant from the rest of the garden - so the sapling will not be in the shade and will receive a sufficient amount of lighting. The tree, moderately receiving heat and the sun, gives a big crop and simply transfers strong frosts. The lack of moisture compensates for the drought resistance of the Red-cheeked variety.
The soil at the landing site should be loose and light, pre-fertilized. In the pit, it is desirable to organize drainage. It is noteworthy that the root system of apricot, as a rule, is several times larger than the crown, due to which the distance between the seedlings should be at least 4-5 meters.
Landing pit preparation
- recommended dimensions of the landing pit - 65x65x65 cm,
- without fail, the ground intended for backfilling must be cleared of roots, stones and dense pieces,
- It is strictly forbidden to allow salt and salt solutions to enter the soil, which inevitably reduces the fertility of the seedling.
- The pit of the set sizes is dug out.
- Drainage is laid on its bottom (gravel composition, crushed stone, universal drainage).
- Drainage from above is filled up with a small layer (no more than 10 cm) of the cleared soil, wood ashes, humus, ammonium nitrate (or other organic mineral fertilizer).
- Fertilized layer to prevent contact of young roots with fertilizers from above is filled with clean soil (ideally black soil).
Step-by-step landing scheme
The correct planting is a guarantee of active growth and development of the seedling, as well as a guarantee of a decent harvest.
The sequential landing pattern is as follows:
- First you need to dig and prepare the landing hole.
- An apricot seedling is placed in a hole and buried in such a way that the root neck is slightly below the ground level.
- It is necessary to cover the tree with soil first from the upper layer, and only then from the bottom.
- After the pit has fallen asleep, the soil in it must be carefully compacted by any means at hand or with feet. At the same time it is necessary to condense from the edges of the pit to its center, that is, towards the seedling.
- As a result of compaction, the soil will drain a little - the level of the soil must be leveled with the help of ground from the pit or the adjacent plot.
- Planting a seedling ends with watering the tree at the root in a volume of 25-30 liters.
- The first feeding is best done no earlier than a week later, when the tree begins to take root.
Care for apricot seedlings
Red-cheeked apricot seedlings do not require particularly reverent care, but you should pay attention to the advice and recommendations of experienced gardeners to accelerate the growth of the tree and strengthen its condition not only during flowering and fruiting, but also before frost. First of all, the land around the trunk of a sapling should be mulched regularly. This procedure is extremely important because the soil becomes loose and is not capable of retaining a sufficient amount of moisture, which is why the roots are forced to look for water in the deeper layers. Thus, mulching strengthens the root system of the young seedling. Strong roots - a guarantee of health, growth and durability of the tree, so this issue should be taken responsibly. Apricots should be watered regularly and abundantly, increasing the volume and frequency of watering in the spring, when the crown is actively forming, and reducing it in the fall.
В период первой зимовки саженцев, когда дерево ещё не окрепло, невзирая на зимостойкость сорта Краснощекий, его необходимо укрыть мешковиной или плотной тканью.
У саженцев сорта Краснощекий крона формируется самостоятельно, поэтому в первый год осуществлять обрезку не стоит. На протяжении всего времени нужно следить за состоянием саженца, регулярно проводя осмотр. If cracks are detected, they should be treated with garden baking. Also, an unformed, weakened tree is often sick and / or attacked by parasites. This is manifested by brown spots, ulcers, cracks, twisting of leaves and other things. Depending on the problems found, the stem can be treated with garden pitch, Bordeaux mixture, or copper-based mineral compounds.
All about the care of the red-cheeked apricot
As mentioned earlier, the red-cheeked apricot seedlings are quite unpretentious in their care. Along with high yields, this variety is notable for its significant frost resistance and drought resistance. In order to get a high yield of wood and protect it from various pests and diseases, it is enough just to follow the rules and recommendations regarding the main aspects of care: watering, fertilizer and pruning.
How to water
The drought resistance of the Krasnoshchy variety is great, but in real conditions of our climate is insufficient. therefore Watering the tree should be done regularly. Otherwise, the plant will not receive a sufficient amount of water, and the development of the kidneys will stop. As a result - a partial or complete lack of harvest. In the second half of summer, the frequency of watering should be reduced, making them exclusively on dry days, because during flowering and fruiting, excessive moisture prolongs the growth of young shoots, which can also adversely affect the yield.
How to feed apricot
The red-cheeked apricot variety is highly valued by specialists and is widely popular among ordinary people, so every gardener, without exception, seeks to get the maximum amount of fruit yield. For this, it is necessary not only to properly water the tree, but also to fertilize it in a timely manner with special compounds.
The first apricot feed must be carried out when planting:for this purpose, humus and / or a complex of mineral organic fertilizers are added to the soil of the planting pit. Subsequently, it is recommended to fertilize apricots after the rest period and in front of it, that is, in early spring and autumn. It is noteworthy that for an apricot the composition of the fertilizer must be multi-component and include not only humus, but also mineral mixtures containing nitrogenous substances.
Basic rules for pruning
Active fruiting apricots occurs on seasonal annuals, flowering (bouquet) branches and spur. Over time, the main branches of the tree (skeletal) begin to bare, which largely affects the yield of the entire tree. Because of this, as a rule, the main amount of buds is located on fresh annual shoots. Cultivation of the Red-cheeked apricot will be more efficient if you regularly prune the tree. First of all, you need to remove old, dry and damaged branches. It is noteworthy that experts recommend pruning and perennial branches with a large number of shoots, but low yield.
Ripening and harvesting
The yield of apricot Red-cheeked depends largely on the correct planting and care for the seedling. However, if everything was done correctly, the result will certainly please. Fruit ripening begins by mid-July. This process is usually quite long, which makes it possible to increase the frequency of fees. At high yields, it is advisable to harvest apricots 3-4 times. Thanks to this, it is possible not only to increase the volumes of fresh fruit harvesting, but also to solve the problem of their storage.
Wintering apricot variety Red-cheeked
The winter hardiness of the Krasnoshcheky variety is almost unique, which allows this formed tree to easily transfer any temperature drops, even up to 30 degrees of frost. In order for the tree to easily endure the winter, it is enough to fertilize the soil around the trunk abundantly late in autumn and mulch it.
Young trees, despite the resistance, in the first year after planting is still worth protecting from frost. Make it simple enough. As in the case of strong trees, in the fall you need to feed the sapling and loosen the soil around it. It is advisable to lay a small layer of hay or spruce branches around the trunk to protect the root system from freezing. In case of severe frosts, the seedling itself and a small piece of land around it can be covered with a thick cloth to avoid freezing.
The variety of apricot Red-cheeked is an excellent choice for every gardener, which allows with a minimum of effort and investment to get not only a great harvest of tasty, large, fragrant apricots, but also a real reason for pride of the owner.
Red-cheeked: a description of the variety, the best varieties
Although the Red-Cheeked Apricot was bred only half a century ago, it is not known for certain by whom it was selected. The tree grows large enough and strong with well developed long branches, which are not afraid of even a strong wind. The life span of a plant can reach 45-50 years.
Apricot fruits do not differ in large size: one weighs 50-60 g. They have a rounded symmetrical shape. The color of the fruit is yellowish-orange with a reddish “belly” characteristic of the variety. The flesh is very tender, moderately juicy, sweet.
Due to its unique characteristics, the variety was used as a basis for many hybrids, which are not inferior to him in anything. The following are among the most significant advantages of the Red-cheeked apricot:
- High yield (with one tree with proper care, you can get up to 1 centner of fruit, and often there is not one, but two or three crops per season).
- Excellent taste of the fruit (sweet, very fragrant, with a little sourness).
- Early ripeness. Unlike many apricot varieties, Red-cheeked cheeks will please the first harvest in just a few years after planting. An early harvest will appear during the season: by July it will be possible to enjoy the first apricots.
- Endurance. Although the Red-cheeked apricot is considered a sufficiently heat-loving plant, as the practice of its cultivation shows, it perfectly withstands low temperatures and insufficient moisture.
- Versatility. Red-cheeked apricot fruits are excellent not only for fresh consumption, but also as a main product for canning.
Attention! Many gardeners mistakenly believe that the Red-cheeked apricot is a fastidious variety that will be able to please a good harvest of fruits only in a warm climate. When choosing a suitable variety of its good harvest can be achieved even in fairly harsh climatic conditions.
The number of winter-hardy apricot varieties of red-cheeked can be attributed to the following:
- Hardy. It survives well in cold climates. The bark of the tree is thickened, which allows the branches of the trunk to live until spring. Fruits of a grade differ in unusualness of a form: they slightly flattened and have a peel of more dark shade.
- Snegirek. Leader in endurance among the existing "Red-cheeked" apricot varieties. The tree grows compact, reaching a height of only 1.5 m. Nevertheless, about 10 kg of fruit can be obtained from one tree. Fruits are quite elastic and can be stored for a long time.
- Russian Low-growing apricot, which is perfect for growing in central Russia. Able to withstand even severe frosts.
Peculiarities of care
Apricot does not really need any care procedures. Nevertheless it is important to follow some rules:
- During the period of active growth of a young sapling it should be watered abundantly so that the crown is formed faster. But do not get carried away too: if there is an excess of moisture, side shoots will begin to actively grow, taking away the strength of the plant.
- In the cold period of the year, it is advisable to wrap the young trees with some kind of cloth or sacking (even if they are winter-hardy, because the still weak branches of the young are not able to withstand severe cold).
- In the first year of the tree’s life, it is desirable to mulch qualitatively the tree trunk: the earth will become more friable and will let moisture go deeper, which means the roots will tend after it, developing and strengthening.
- Although with quality care the plant is unlikely to hurt, it can sometimes be exposed to diseases or attacks by pests. Depending on what disease or pest appears on the apricot, it should be treated with either Bordeaux mixture or copper sulphate.
That's all the subtleties that you should know about the red-cheeked apricot for its successful cultivation in the garden. Good luck!
Main advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of apricot are as follows:
- This variety is quite resistant to drought and low air temperatures.
- Red-cheeked apricot is self-fertile,
- This variety has the ability to resist various diseases,
- Red-cheeked apricot skoroplodny,
- The variety has a high yield.
- It is possible to allocate undemanding to the soil,
- The fruits have high taste.
The main disadvantage of culture is susceptibility to rapid temperature changes. The most dangerous period for a reddish apricot is spring, when the thaw is sharply replaced by frosts over several times. These fluctuations adversely affect the flower buds, which can die from unstable temperatures.
How to plant?
This apricot refers to photophilous fruit crops. This factor must be considered when choosing a place to plant a tree. The distance between the soil surface and groundwater should be at least two and a half meters. The soil should not be tight. The red-cheeked apricot will feel quite comfortable in light loamy, loamy or slightly carbonate soils, the acidity level of which is from 7 to 8 pH.
It is important to note that this variety should not be planted in soil containing lime.
Place for planting a tree should be on a hill. It is also desirable that the selected area was fenced from gusts of wind, for example, was behind a high fence or a forest belt. Fruit crops are not recommended to be planted in a shaded area, which is located in a valley where there is a probability of stagnation of moisture in the soil. As a protection against wind and drafts, a wooden board can be built from the east or north side of the boards, which prevents the wind from exerting on the tree. When the tree age reaches 4 years, such a fence can be removed.
Features of the landing process are as follows:
- Apricot is recommended to be planted in spring, preferably at the end of April, or in autumn, in mid-October.
- Planting is not recommended during the growing season.
- Regardless of the landing time, the pit must be prepared in advance. This action will ensure the shrinkage of the soil, so that the plants will be placed in a hole much easier.
- If you are preparing plants for planting in the fall, then the recess should be prepared a couple of weeks before the procedure. If the planting will be carried out in the spring, the pits will be dug in the fall, in October or in November.
- The distance between the apricot and other trees in the garden should be about 5 m. The same distance should be observed if you plant several seedlings at once.
Step by step description of landing
The landing consists of the following manipulations:
- First of all, it is necessary to dig a hole about 80 cm deep and about 70 cm wide.
- A drainage layer of about 10 cm is laid on the bottom of the pit without fail. Branches, gravel or branches can be used as drainage.
- After that, 15 kg of humus, 2 kg of ash, 500 g of superphosphate, 1 kg of lime, 100 g of potassium salt and 200 g of ammonium nitrate are poured into the pit. All elements must be mixed with the earth in equal parts. It is also important to note that the root system of the tree should not come into contact with top dressing without soil, otherwise, the apricot will get burned.
- After this, the pit must be filled with a mixture, to form an elevation from it.
- Apricots are planted on a hill. The seedling is installed in a vertical position, while spreading the root system and sprinkled with soil. This procedure is recommended to perform together.
- The root collar of a seedling is not sprinkled with earth, it should be located 3 cm above the ground.
- After that, the soil is well compacted. After planting, the seedling must be watered with two or three buckets of water, after which the soil is mulched near the trunk with a layer of peat or manure about 10 cm thick.
It is important to note that the red-cheeked is a self-fertile variety, so pollinators are not required for planting.
It is possible to grow a tree from a stone. For this, the stones are soaked in warm water for a day. After that, the bones are placed in pits about 6 cm deep every 15 cm. When the plant turns 2 years old, it must be transplanted to a permanent place.
How did the red-cheeked apricot appear?
Accurate information on the origin of the variety has not been preserved. It is only known that the first apricots with characteristic red dots, merging into a “blush”, grew in Central Asia. “Migrating” apricots with “rosy” fruits got into Armenia, and from there they spread to the southern regions of Russia.
Crimean breeders were able to consolidate a characteristic feature - a red dot spot. After the selection work carried out in the Nikitsky Botanical Garden (Crimea), the variety Krasnoshchy was officially introduced into the State Register in 1947.
Description of the tree and fruits
An experienced gardener can easily distinguish Krasnoshcheshky by the characteristics characteristic of this variety:
- Tree. Powerful tall, reaching a height of 12 m. Crohn rather thin, spreading. The branches are long.
- Fruit. Red-cheeked apricot is easily recognizable by its beautiful orange-red fruit. The shape of the fruit is round, ovoid. There is a deep abdominal suture. Fruits are covered with velvety skin, thin but dense. The color is golden orange. The surface is covered with red dots, sometimes merging into spots. Weight - 40-65 g. The bones are large, well separated from the pulp, their weight is 6.5% by weight of the fruit. Inside the bones are tasty kernels.
The fruits of Krasnoshcheky are sweet and sour. Light orange pulp has a pleasant apricot flavor. Fruit Composition:
- sugar - 9.7%,
- dry matter - 13.7%,
- acid - 1.37%,
- ascorbic acid - 13.7 mg per 100 g
Caloric content of apricot - 41-44 kcal per 100 g. In the composition of fruits: proteins - 0.9 g, carbohydrates - 10.8 g, fats - 0.1 g.
The main characteristics of the Red Apricot
Giving half a centner of fruit per year, the variety does not require special agrotechnical measures. The variety takes root without any problems and easily tolerates the lack of watering.
Red-cheeked appreciate for excellent agrotechnical characteristics:
- Drought tolerance. Possessing a powerful, well-developed root system, the tree extracts water from the depths, without needing external moisture.
- Frost resistance. The variety is reliable only in those regions for which it is intended. Red-cheeked, without damage, withstands cold temperatures up to minus 15-20 degrees. But the shorter the periods of low temperatures, the better.
- Resistance to diseases and pests. Most of all Krasnoshcheky is afraid of fungal diseases, he can be affected by moniliasis, nodules and brown spot blotch. If the weather is unfavorable - damp, slightly sunny and cool, then the tree will inevitably become infected with some fungus.
- Self-fertility. The variety does not need additional pollinating varieties. On the site you can plant only one apricot tree, and it will fully bear fruit.
The main agrotechnical characteristics of the Red-cheeked apricot:
Pros and cons varieties
Advantages due to which the Red-cheeked variety retains its popularity among gardeners:
- Skoroplodnost - the tree gives the first harvest in the third year after planting.
- Self-fertility - gives great yields in the absence of pollinators.
- Well resists many diseases and pests. Do not have to spray a lot of wood.
- High yield. A large tree and an abundance of large fruits are the perfect combination for great harvests.
- Resistance to extreme growing conditions. Safely tolerates low winter temperatures and summer drought.
- Excellent taste and product quality of the fruit. This is a good commercial variety.
- The universality of the fruits - suitable for any purpose.
- Unpretentiousness and undemanding to the soil.
- Decorative. The tree is powerful and beautiful. Especially during the flowering period, when it is decorated with numerous flowers, and during fruiting - when the branches are covered with red-sided fruits.
Apricot flowering lasts about 10 days. A tree covered with tender-scented flowers, attracts numerous honey plants.
Krasnoshcheky has few disadvantages:
- Tall tree is difficult to maintain - difficult spraying, harvesting.
- Poor temperature drops and freezes. Because they die flower buds. Freezing is very long and difficult to recover.
The most dangerous time for the Krasnoshcheshky variety is the alternation of spring thaw with frosts.
Growing regions and climate adaptation
In addition to the Crimea, the North Caucasus and the southern Volga region are recognized as the most suitable regions for growing the Krasnoshchy variety. This apricot can also be found in the Krasnodar Territory and in the Rostov region. The variety is actively grown in Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine.
In the southern regions of the heat-loving Red-cheeked spread everywhere. Сегодня, благодаря новым гибридам и правильной агротехнике, краснобокие абрикосы медленно, но верно, продвигаются все дальше и дальше – на север.
Плодоношение и урожайность
Краснощекий относится к среднеспелым сортам. Плодоношение у него начинается на 3-5 год, и зависит от конкретных климатических условий. In most regions of Russia, the fruits ripen in the range - mid-July-early August.
The harvest is annual, there are no breaks in fruiting. Except for the case of freezing flower buds. Productive fruiting lasts 50-60 years.
Yield varieties Krasnoshchy
- From one tree - 60 kg. There are records of 80-90 kg. 50-60 kg is 10-15 buckets of apricots.
- From 1 hectare - 65 centners, maximum - 180 centners.
Popular types of Red-cheeked apricot
After the official registration of Krasnoshcheky, work began on improving its characteristics by creating hybrids. The work of breeders brought excellent results, many varieties were created on the basis of the popular variety, with new characteristics and capabilities.
Distinctive features of popular species of Krasnoshcheky:
The exact time of planting depends on the climatic features of the region. Practice two options for landing:
- Autumn. More suitable for the southern regions. Softer and late winters allow saplings to take root safely and survive a difficult period without loss. Between planting and the onset of stable frosts should take about one and a half months.
- Spring This option is suitable for regions with cold winters. By embarking start immediately, as soon as the snow melts, before the sap.
In the middle lane, as in the southern regions, apricot seedlings can be planted both in spring and in autumn. If weather forecasters predict early winter, it is better to postpone landing until spring.
Choosing the best place
Site requirements for apricot planting:
- Relief. Fits plain or high ground. Lowlands, with stagnant moisture, are no good. It is desirable that the site was protected from strong winds. Barrier can serve as a wall, high fence, landing.
- Illumination. Apricot photophilous, so choose a sunny plot for planting.
- Ground water level. The occurrence of groundwater should be no closer than 2.5 m from the surface.
- The soil. Light loamy, loamy and slightly carbonate soils with a neutral or slightly alkaline reaction are suitable. The pH level is from 7 to 8. Soils with a high content of lime are not suitable, but in acidified ones, on the contrary, it should be added.
The main thing that does not like apricot:
- Shadow. The lack of light affects the growth and development of the tree, reduces its yield.
- Moisture. High humidity has a detrimental effect on the root system - it vypravaet, and then the tree itself dies.
Apricot does not like neighbors. It is badly affected by the proximity of any stone fruits. Apricots are not planted near apples, plums, pears, cherries, cherries, nuts, mountain ash - they all affect the culture in an overwhelming way. Experienced gardeners recommend planting apricot seedlings, keep a distance of 10 m to the nearest plantings.
In addition to fruit trees, apricot is badly affected by berry bushes - raspberries and currants. Pests parasitizing on these crops, switching to an apricot tree, weaken it, reduce the yield. The best option is to plant flowers or low vegetables near apricot. But only those with an underdeveloped root system - so that it does not damage the roots of the tree.
Selection and preparation of planting material
Buying a sapling, it is impossible to predict how strong and healthy it is, because when choosing it is necessary to focus on external signs:
- Bark. On the trunk and branches should not be damage, cracks, stains or other traces, indicating a disease or weakness of the seedling.
- The roots. Root system of moderate size, but strong. Seedlings with weak and thin roots are not suitable - they will take a long and difficult time to take root.
- Height. The best option is 70-80 cm.
- Age. It is advisable to purchase a one-year sapling.
- Type of seedling. It is recommended to buy a graft seedling, not a seedling. Grafted seedlings are carriers of parental properties, and seedlings are often unpredictable - they can surpass their parents in fruit quality and yield, and they can grow wild. Cultivars of cultivars do not have thorns, but there is a stump at the root - the place where the rootstock is trimmed over the rooted kidney.
Experienced growers practice growing apricots from pits. Such trees are not only not inferior to ordinary seedlings, but also superior in yield.
The purchased seedling should not dry out the root system during transportation. To restore the seedling's ability to grow, its roots, a day or so before planting, are placed in water. You can add potassium permanganate (at the tip of the knife) or bio-fungicide. The roots are pruned with a sharp disinfected knife, removing damaged and dead tissue. Immediately before planting the roots immersed in a talker of clay and mullein.
Pits for planting, regardless of the landing time (autumn / spring), are prepared in advance. This is necessary for shrinking soil. If the seedling is planted in the fall, the pit is prepared two weeks before planting, and if in the spring, the soil and pits are prepared in the fall, in October or November.
Krasnoshcheky has a strong root system, therefore a hole is dug at least 80 cm deep. Diameter - 50-60 cm. Drainage is made at the bottom of the hole to prevent stagnant moisture near the roots. Expanded clay is most suitable for drainage, but it is also possible to throw pebbles, rubble, brick chips, clay fragments.
Pit preparation procedure:
- The fertile layer - 15-20 cm lay aside.
- Mix fertile soil with humus / compost (1.5-2 buckets).
- Fertilizers are added to the soil mixture - nitrogen (30-40 g), phosphate (60-70 g), potash (25-30 g). You can use complex fertilizer, for example, Azofoska or Nitrophoska (120-150 g). Adherents of natural fertilizers can make 3 liters of wood ash.
- The mixture is poured into the pit, filling it by 2/3, then it is covered with a waterproof material.
Step by Step Guide to Landing
Step-by-step instructions for planting apricot seedlings:
- Open the landing hole, removing the waterproof coating. Slightly away from the center of the mound of the soil mixture set support for the seedling. The peg should be about 20-30 cm above the tree.
- In the pit pour 30-40 liters of water.
- Immerse the seedling, prepared for planting, on a knoll so that the roots are evenly located on it. Upward protruding roots should not be.
- Roots throw the prepared substrate, gently tamping - so that there are no air gaps. With the same purpose, the tree is periodically shaken. When the pit is filled, the root neck should be at least 4-5 cm from the soil surface. If the apricot is planted in a sandy substrate, the distance is reduced to 3-4 cm.
- Having rammed the soil, at a distance of 50 cm from the trunk, around the circumference, they make a small earthen bank - so that the water does not overflow.
- Water a seedling with 2-3 buckets of water.
- Half an hour later, when the water is absorbed, sprinkle the tree trunk circle with mulch. For this purpose, suitable peat crumb, fallen leaves, freshly cut grass or humus.
- The tree is carefully tied to a support.
- The side branches cut off completely, the main conductor - by 1/3.
Care of a sapling and an adult tree
Caring for an apricot Krasnoshcheky changes as the tree grows. In the first years of life, the forces are aimed at maintaining the plant, it must be well-established, form a crown, prepare for fruiting. An adult tree also needs support - feeding, pruning and other activities that affect the health and productivity of the crop.
Basics of nursing in the first year of planting
Features care for apricot seedlings:
- Feed in the first two years is not needed - the fertilizer embedded in the planting pit, enough for a long time.
- Watering a young tree 6 times per season - 3 buckets of water. As it grows, the frequency of irrigation decreases, and the volume of water increases.
- The soil in the tree wheel is regularly mulched. It is necessary to strengthen the root system of the seedling.
- Pruning in the first year do not. Crohn's saplings of Krasnoshcheky form independently.
- Regularly inspect the trunk for cracks. When detected, cover them with garden pitch.
- If necessary, treat the tree Bordeaux liquid or copper sulphate.
If the apricot seedlings are watered beyond measure, excess shoots are growing strongly in them, which take away strength from the young tree.
Follow up care
The procedure for caring for an adult apricot:
- Watering. For irrigation form annular grooves. The last ring in diameter coincides with the crown. Watering the tree 2-3 times per season. The first time - during flowering, then at the end of May, and the last time in July - before the fruits ripen. In the autumn it is recommended to produce water recharge irrigation, at the rate of 70-80 liters of water per tree.
It is impossible to re-moisten the Red-Cheeked - root rot can develop. If after a long drought plentifully water the tree, the fruits crack. It is forbidden to irrigate the apricot by the method of irrigation with a hose - a fungal infection is transmitted with drops of water.
- Loosening and mulching. After watering, the earth is loosened to a depth of no more than 10 cm. Then, the near-barrel circle is mulched - in order to retain moisture.
- Top dressing. Apricot requires less fertilizer. Feed the tree begin in the third year. Carry out several dressings for the season:
- In the spring, once every 2-3 years, humus or compost is poured under a tree - 5-7 kg per 1 square meter. m. Then the rate increases - give a 10-year-old tree 12-15 kg of humus per 1 sq. km. m
- After making organic, after 1-2 weeks, the tree is fed with mineral nitrogen-containing fertilizers, 10-15 g per 1 sq. M. m
- Before harvesting, the tree is still fed up twice - after flowering, fresh cow dung, bird droppings are added with the addition of superphosphate and potassium sulfate (20-30 g per 1 sq. M).
- A month before harvesting, a complex fertilizer is applied according to the dosage indicated in the instructions.
- The last dressing is after harvest. Phosphorus and potassium are introduced. Their natural source is wood ash. You can also make fertilizer without nitrogen.
- Pruning apricot. The best version of the crown - sparse-tiered. Form 3-4 tiers of 5-6 branches. Between skeletal branches should be 30-40 cm. Tiers form over several years. Skeletal branches should not be located in relation to the trunk at a too acute angle. All downward branches are pruned.
To regulate the harvest, pruned all excess branches located deep in the crown. The tree also needs regular sanitary pruning. All pruned branches infected with diseases and pests are immediately destroyed.
- Preparing for the winter. Pristvolny circle mulch, trunk covered with spruce branches or wrapped with burlap.
Nitrogen fertilizers allow the tree to increase the green mass, then it does not need nitrogen, even harmful. But apricot really needs phosphorus and potassium.