The plant is a lanyard tree. Prefers fertile soils, as well as sunny areas. Very often it forms creeping and creeping thickets on the places of felled or burnt forests. Liana is very strong - it twists powerful tree trunks in a spiral. Sometimes it is embedded in the structure of branches and can even cause the death of the braided plant. The morphological characteristics are as follows.
- Stems. Strong and elastic, grow quickly. In length reach 15 m. Old shoots are covered with rough and rough (often cracked) brown bark. Young - have a smooth shiny surface of a yellowish tint.
- Leaves. They are arranged alternately, and on short shoots - in bunches. Have a rich green color. Leaf plate broadly lanceolate or oval, pointed at the end. Edge - with rare teeth. Reddish petioles.
- Flowers Mounted with long pedicels in the axils of the leaves of three to five pieces. Possess a subtle pleasant aroma. The corolla reaches 2 cm in diameter. The color at the beginning of flowering is pink, then turns white. Fading flowers are yellow. Flowering begins in the second half of May, and continues until mid-June.
- Fruit. Ripen in September and October. They are juicy mnogolistvki - about 20 berries are concentrated in a bunch around a single axis. The length of the clusters sometimes exceeds 10 cm. The seeds of dark brown color are inside the fleshy pulp of the fruit.
Preparation of raw materials
The benefits of lemongrass are concentrated in its fruits and seeds. It is their harvested for later use for medicinal purposes. Only fully ripe berries, the color of which has become saturated red or orange red, are subject to collection.
- Collection Ripe (but not overripe) berries are picked from the vines directly with tassels. It is important not to damage the plant itself and its support. It is better to cut the clusters with a knife or pruner.
- Training. Raw material is laid out in a thin layer on a canvas, cloth or paper. Carefully sorted out for impurities and damaged parts. They are ruthlessly removed, as one rotten fruit can ruin all stocks.
- Drying. Brushes laid out in one layer with good ventilation under a canopy or dried in a dryer at a temperature of 40 ºС. On the readiness of the fruit says their hardness.
- Storage. Dried lemongrass store no more than three years in a tight-fitting container to prevent the ingress of moisture and volatilization of the essential oil.
For the pharmaceutical industry, seeds are stored, since it is in them that the maximum concentrations of stimulating substances are found. To get them, take only fresh fruit. Knead, squeeze the juice. (It is used for the preparation of fruit drinks, compotes, various tonic drinks). The cake is washed several times to separate the pulp and seeds. Seeds get rid of the remnants of moisture in the open air, and then dried in dryers at 50ºС.
It is believed that the fruits give a softer and more predictable therapeutic effect compared with the seeds. In various packaging berries can be purchased at the pharmacy.
The beneficial properties of Chinese Schizandra are due to its complex biologically active composition.
- Lignans. They reduce cholesterol levels, accelerate metabolic processes, prevent oxygen starvation of tissues, normalize the work of the central nervous system, improve hormonal levels, and have antitumor properties.
- Essential oil. Accelerates tissue regeneration, normalizes microflora, eliminates pathogens, increases appetite, enhances the secretion of the glands of the gastrointestinal tract, stimulates the immune system.
- Vitamin C. Normalizes the adrenal glands, stimulates the immune system, adjusts the process of cellular respiration, regulates capillary permeability.
- Organic acids. They have antibacterial properties, facilitate the release of sputum from the lungs, stimulate metabolism, increase the body's resistance, and normalize the blood formation process.
- Tannins. Accelerate the healing of the epithelium, have astringent properties, eliminate the inflammatory process, act enveloping, cleanse the body.
- Fixed oils. Normalize blood viscosity, reduce cholesterol levels, strengthen the immune system, participate in the synthesis of hormones, regulate lipid metabolism.
- Resins They act as antiseptics, improve intestinal motility, reduce inflammation, contain anti-cancer compounds.
The composition of the fruit of the plant includes many mineral compounds. Among them are such important ones as:
In addition to ascorbic acid, lemongrass contains other vitamins. High concentrations of tocopherol and vitamins of group B have been identified. This explains the positive effect of the plant on the state of the reproductive organs, as well as its ability to regulate metabolic processes and promote weight loss.
The tonic and adaptogenic actions of the imperial berry are due to the content of the body's natural stimulants, schisandrin and schizandrol. These compounds are specific, and their effect on the body is unique. They increase physical and mental activity, endurance, provide resistance to stress and increased stress.
The tonic properties of the plant are manifested not only by the elimination of drowsiness. It also fights against apathy, loss of strength, chronic fatigue, lethargy, and indisposition after illness. Means based on culture make it possible to improve the psycho-emotional state of the patient - they increase mood, cause a surge of cheerfulness, eliminate depression, nervousness, asthenia.
Lemongrass stimulates respiration, providing blood saturation with oxygen and its delivery to all tissues and organs. Also, his drugs increase the activity of smooth and striated muscle tissue. This affects the level of physical activity of the patient. Toning the vessels, the phyto-agent improves the coronary and peripheral circulation.
Preventive use of berries is appropriate before the cold - the traditional cold season. Gently stimulating the immune system, the plant increases the body's resistance to infectious pathogens. Even if a person is already sick, it will protect against complications and speed recovery.
Antioxidants in the composition of fruits and seeds can prevent the appearance of atypical cells in the body, the development of malignant and benign tumors. In some cases, lemongrass is used in the complex therapy of these diseases, however, the conditions and mode of administration must be agreed with the doctor.
There are still debates about how culture affects blood pressure indicators - increases or decreases them. In folk and eastern medicine there is a perception that the plant acts on the force of blood flow as a regulator. That is, leads to normal pressure, regardless of the initial values. Doctors say that lemongrass is a strong stimulant, and therefore has only a hypertensive effect. In this regard, hypertension is a contraindication of herbal medicine. But it is used to treat vegetative dystonia (VVD) with a predominance of hypotonic symptoms.
It is believed that the plant improves the work of the entire cardiovascular system. In addition to the action on the vessels, it positively affects the state and productivity of the myocardium, ensures its proper supply with oxygen and prevents the development of heart failure.
Fruits are rich in antiseptic and regenerating ingredients. Due to this, the plant is used in the treatment of various skin diseases. Among them:
- festering wounds
- trophic ulcers,
- pustular rash,
- fungal lesions.
For cosmetology purposes, lemongrass oil is used. It is endowed with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating and moisturizing properties. Hood normalizes turgor, struggling with age-related changes. Keeping hair and skin attractive is also helped by regular internal use of herbal remedies.
Men's and women's issues
Lemongrass is used in Oriental medicine for the treatment of impotence arising on the background of nervous disorders. Increasing the tone and activity, the plant prevents the extinction of sexual functions, retains the ability to bear children. It was for these properties that the ruling persons of Ancient China especially appreciated it.
For women, the plant is also helpful. It normalizes hormones, prevents the onset of PMS symptoms, protects against early menopause and accelerated aging. Even after the onset of menopause, lemongrass will benefit. There is a practice of the treatment of infertility and inflammatory gynecological diseases with its help. But this approach should be coordinated with the doctor.
In addition to raw materials, pharmacies sell ready-made remedies from the plant.
- Pills. Produced on the basis of the extract. Act as a mild tonic. Assign one or two tablets up to three times per day during the month. It is preferable to drink the drug in the morning.
- Syrup. In addition to lemongrass, contains wild rose and ascorbic acid. It is taken as an immunity stimulator. To speed recovery, they drink two tablespoons of the drug once a day. For prevention - a tablespoon.
- Powder. It is made from the fruits of culture. Used for toning and general strengthening of the body. Accepted in dry form or used for the preparation of extracts.
- Tincture. This is an alcohol extract from the seeds. Treats asthenic conditions. Take 25 drops up to three times per day. The course is no longer than one month.
- Herbal tea. Contain in the composition and other plants. Used to strengthen the body, increase immunity, improve vision. Brew one or two packages, drink up to three times a day.
At home, water and alcoholic extracts are prepared from raw materials. They provide the body with biologically active compounds from the fruit. In terms of effectiveness, they are not inferior to pharmacy products.
Features Used to improve immunity, as well as the prevention of seasonal prostration and depressive state.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of berries is placed in a metal container, pour a glass of boiling water.
- Cover the container with a lid, wrap a towel, leave for an hour.
- Filter out the hood.
- Take a tablespoon three times a day.
Features Used for the treatment of skin diseases, as well as in the form of a tonic for mature and problem skin.
Preparation and use
- Tables of dried fruit poured a glass of boiling water.
- Put the container on the fire, boil for five minutes.
- After cooling, filter.
- Use as a compress on wounds and rashes, rub the skin several times a day.
Features It is used to increase vitality, eliminate high blood pressure, speed up metabolism and strengthen immunity.
Preparation and use
- Two tablespoons of raw materials are poured into a vessel for infusion.
- Pour berries 150 ml of pure quality vodka.
- Tightly sealed vessel, left in a dark and warm place for two weeks.
- After straining, take 30 drops up to three times per day during the month.
Features According to this recipe, you can prepare for the winter a delicious health-improving drink with a natural tonic effect.
Preparation and use
- Fresh fruits are picked, cleaned from the stalks and washed with cool running water.
- Raw materials are put in half-liter jars, filling them at 2/3.
- Pour raw materials with boiling syrup (a mixture of sugar and water in equal quantities).
- Pasteurized in the oven for a quarter of an hour, and then rolled with lids.
- The resulting compote is added to tea or diluted with water to taste.
As a nervous system stimulator, Schizandra Chinese is contraindicated for anxiety, psychoneurotic disorders, a tendency to seizures and epilepsy. The tool increases the pressure, and therefore is prohibited in heart failure, hypertension, angina, weakness and fragility of blood vessels. You can not use phyto-medicine in pregnant women, nursing and children under 12 years. It is forbidden to use in the acute period of infectious diseases, at elevated body temperature, as well as in case of serious pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract (for example, in case of an ulcer and intestinal obstruction).
Do not exceed recommended dose. This increases the risk of side effects:
- increase heart rate
- pressure increase
- increased gastric secretion.
Allergic reaction agent provokes extremely rarely.
The results are noticeable after the first dose. Alcohol extracts begin to “work” after 30 minutes, and the surge of energy lasts up to six hours. With regular course use, the effect accumulates, and the patient notices an increase in efficiency and productivity in the long term. The course of treatment lasts a month, you can repeat it no more than four times a year.
Reviews: "Invigorates, but then I can not sleep"
About pressure and toning properties is a very deep and separate topic. I think that a person even with normal pressure will be in good shape for a long time after 3-4 teaspoons of vitamin. I worked by the way at night. when, in his distant student days, he did coursework at night (coffee does not guess compared with lemongrass). This vitamin is not bad with soda…
Many times I heard from friends about the wonderful properties of lemongrass tincture, and also wanted to try it in the spring, in the season of beriberi and fatigue. Moreover, I have evidence: a tendency to hypotension, psycho-emotional stress (I work as a teacher), fatigue. I realized that the tincture is not suitable for me in a few days: the tincture is really invigorating, but after taking the drops, my pulse begins to go off scale, I can’t sleep at night for a long time, and sleep is restless. I had to refuse to accept the tincture.
Description and distribution
The name of the plant appeared due to the taste of the berries. They remind the taste of lemonwith a pleasant sourness. But the berries of lemongrass are referred to as the so-called berries of "five tastes": here you can really find and sour taste, and sweet, and bitter, and spicy. The peel of the berries has a salty-sweet taste, the juice gives off citric sourness, and the taste of the seeds is burning-bitter.
Not only the berries themselves have a sour taste. If you cut a sprig of creepers and remove the bark from it, then the bare plant will begin to exude a lemon scent that will be completely preserved in an impeccably tasty infusion or freshly brewed tea from Far Eastern schisandra.
In nature, lemongrass is found only in the eastern part of Russia (Yakutia, Kamchatka, Sakhalin), on the Amur and in the Primorsky Territory. Different varieties of plants bred for different climatic conditions can be found in the European part of the Russian Federation, as well as in many European countries. Not only scientists and pharmacists have learned how to use Far Eastern Schizandra for scientific and commercial purposes. Thousands of amateur gardeners began to use the plant generous to the healing properties for their own benefit.
Medicinal properties of the plant
The plant is very rich in healing properties, its composition is diverse. Mostly pay attention to vitamin E, organic acids and lignans:
- Vitamin E strengthens the immune system, rejuvenates the skin and internal organs, minimizes the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Organic acids (malic, citric, oxalic) have a positive effect on the digestive system, prevent the development of bacteria and viruses.
- Lignans - natural hormones that combine the properties of fiber and antioxidants. They block the effects of estrogen, leveling the hormonal background of the body, reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol, improve oxygen metabolism, thereby strengthening memory, helping the immune system to fight infections, maintain a slender figure, accelerating metabolism.
But only thanks to these beneficial substances, the Far Eastern Schizandra would not become a direct “competitor” of ginseng, which is considered a cure for all diseases. It contains other substances, which in many sources bypass:
- Essential oil has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, wound healing, analgesic and immunostimulating effects. At the same time, the essential oil is not found in any specific parts of the plant, but in the whole plant: from bark to berries.
- Vitamin C normalizes the oxidative and reducing processes of oxygen metabolism at the cellular level, strengthens the capillaries and increases their permeability, ensures the development of bone tissue, stimulates the generation of adrenal hormones.
- Mineral salts are involved in the process of blood formation, regeneration of body tissues, improve the functioning of the endocrine and enzyme systems, regulate acid-base balance and water metabolism.
- Tannins change the structure of the protein, forming a protective film with a bactericidal effect on microorganisms, due to its astringent properties, heals wounds, burns, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and oral cavity faster.
- Золы оказывают антисептическое, антикоагулирующее, противовоспалительное воздействие.
- Смолы оказывают слабительный эффект, обладают бактериостатическим и иммуностимулирующим воздействием, повышают иммунитет.
- Pectin reduces the concentration of cholesterol, normalizes metabolism, removes toxins and decomposition products from the body.
- Fiber improves blood flow in the pelvic vessels, normalizes the intestinal microflora, stimulates the natural weight loss, heals the urinary system.
The pharmacological industry is interested in the stems and leaves of magnolia vine Far East. They produce pills and tinctures that are designed to combat manifestations of depression, excessive sleepiness and increased fatigue. And also the Far Eastern magnolia vine is present in the composition of other drugs that are prescribed for attention disorders, sleep disorders, excessive irritability.
Even when taking lemongrass as prescribed by a doctor, but with non-compliance dosagemay cause the following side effects:
- insomnia (it is advisable to take magnolia vine preparations six hours before bedtime),
- increased secretion of gastric juice,
- high blood pressure.
Lemongrass is very beneficial for hypotensics, but people with high blood pressure should eat it very carefully and sparingly.
Features of use for recovery
It should be emphasized that the Far Eastern Schizandra is a powerful stimulant, so it is not easy to consult with your doctor before using it as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent, but to undergo a detailed medical examination. Lemongrass preparations have an effect on the body not instantly, for a noticeable effect will take from 2 to 10 weeks. During this time, both positive and negative dynamics can be developed, with the consequences of which will have to be fought for a long time and radically.
If you do not have contraindications for eating lemongrass in food or for treatment, you should follow the rules of its brewing.
You can brew in tea as dried leaves of lemongrass, and young shoots and bark of vines. Fill with liter of boiling water 15 g of the selected raw materials, insist 5 minutes without stirring. You can add dry leaves in the usual purchased or blended tea, while it is better not to brew such tea in a thermos to preserve a pleasant lemon flavor.
It is better to drink this tea on an empty stomach or 4 hours after any meal. You will feel the beneficial effect of the drink after 40 minutes, and its effect will last 6 hours. You can refuse not only the morning coffee, which contains much less nutrients and brings more harm to the body, but also to replace coffee with a more valuable and cheaper product. With regular use of tea from lemongrass, you will increase immunity, reduce the frequency of colds, or completely stop being subjected to the aggression of viruses and bacteria.
If you are concerned about the problems of normalization of gastric acidity or have been diagnosed with gastritis, lemongrass seeds will help. 2 g of seeds, ground into powder, divided into 4 doses and consume 30 minutes before eating. Broths and tinctures of seeds will have a similar effect, but they will last longer.
Eating berries increases efficiency and endurance, improves concentration. You can use them in the form of freshly squeezed juice, prepare compote, fruit drink, jelly, chew raw or dried, add to pies, make jam, jam and jam.
The leaves are particularly rich in essential oils, they can be used as decoctions in the treatment of conditions associated with a lack of vitamin C, prevention of scurvy, dysentery.
Interesting information from the story
People in the Far East have long known about the special properties of lemongrass in the Far East. How did Europeans start using this amazing plant? It is said that just observing the locals suggested that these amazing red berries be studied more closely. Namely: the locals took with them to crossings in the mountains there are not kilogram stocks of food, but small packages with dried berries and leaves, and passed through the pass in 2 days. The tourists, accustomed to traditional food, gathered huge backpacks with different food and covered the same distance in a week.
It turned out that the Chinese lemongrass gives so much strength to the body, the person literally does not feel tired and is ready for high physical and emotional stress.
And it is also known that during the Great Patriotic War, Soviet pilots were given dried or fresh berries before the flights themselves. What these berries were, they did not know everything, but the pilots' vision increased, they could look at enemy planes better in the darkness of the night and better hit the targets. A handful of berries before departure allowed to perform the task and return to the airfield alive.
Cultivation and care
Anyone who plans to grow lemongrass in their summer cottage or near the house should remember that this plant begins to bear fruit no sooner than in 5-6 years. Another feature of lemongrass - On one plant there are both male and female flowers. And at the very beginning of growth on one liana, either female or male flowers can prevail, therefore fruiting will not occur.
A few years later, the situation is corrected, the plant begins to produce flowers of the "other sex", and the bush begins to please with a bountiful harvest. In order to accelerate the onset of the formation of berries, not expecting 5–6 years, it is better to plant several Schizandra bushes at the very beginning, thereby increasing the likelihood of one plant pollinating the flowers of another bush.
The second secret of successful cultivation of Far Eastern magnolia vine: the plant requires reliable support. Without a frame made of metal, uneven bars or another tree, the vine begins to creep along the ground. In this case, it will grow and capture new areas, but fruiting will never come. As experienced gardeners say, the “head” of the plant should be in the sun, that is, the upper shoots should be on top to be well lit by the sun's rays. Lemongrass does not produce crops in the shade either. The approximate height at which fruiting begins, even on a bush, from 70–80 cm to a meter, below the berries simply do not form.
The best option for choosing a landing site is to illuminate the shoots and shade the roots, so you should not choose the southern parts of the plot. A sufficient amount of moisture is another indispensable condition for abundant fruiting of schisandra. Otherwise, this plant is unpretentious, not afraid of frost, it does not have pests and enemies, both among insects and among plants. It grows best on drained acidic and slightly acidic soils enriched with organic matter.
Most simple method of reproduction of lemongrass - digging up root processes and transplanting to a suitable place. An adult bush regularly releases new shoots that are worthwhile to remove if it is not necessary to increase the power of the bush itself or rejuvenate the plant.
If you have an adult Far Eastern Schizandra, give it shoots to friends, acquaintances, sell. From this, your plant will benefit, while other people will acquire a beautiful and surprisingly useful plant. And if you have not yet grown this wonderful bush that can replace the conquering world of ginseng, plant it as soon as possible and enjoy good health and longevity.
What are the properties of this plant:
- Stimulation of reflex activity,
- Increased excitability of brain neurons,
- Toning effect on the entire body,
- The stimulating effect of the entire nervous system,
- Improving mood
- Strengthening the action of analeptics (camphor, caffeine),
- Antidepressant effect
- Improving the performance of the body,
- Thanks to phytoestrogens in the composition, it helps women cope with PMS and menopause,
- Hepatoprotective effect
- Strengthening male power (considered an aphrodisiac),
- Suppressing the growth of malignant neoplasms,
- Therapy of pathologies of the respiratory system,
- Immunomodulatory and immunostimulating action.
Such a rich list of healing properties of Shizandra (the official name of Schizandra) is due to its chemical composition.
Thanks to this list of useful properties, shizandru use in many industries:
- In medicine and cosmetology,
- In cooking (plant juice is a substitute for citric acid, and jams, preserves, compotes are prepared from berries),
- In perfumery (plant essential oils are added to compositions),
- In winemaking (juice is used for packaging elite wines).
In medical practice, preparations based on fruits and lemongrass juice are used for such pathologies and conditions:
- Depressive states
- Malignant neoplasms,
- Increased mental and physical stress,
- Therapy of diseases of the respiratory system,
- Low heart muscle tone
- Skeletal muscle weakness
- Trophic ulcers,
- Liver diseases,
- Hormonal imbalance in women
- Problems with potency in men
- Reduced immunity
- Diseases of the stomach associated with low acidity,
- Dermatological diseases (vitiligo, psoriasis, lichen planus).
Preparations based on lemongrass are used:
- For smoothing mimic wrinkles,
- To stimulate the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid,
- To strengthen the hair follicles,
- To make the face smooth, smooth and pleasant to the touch,
- To normalize skin color, make it velvety,
- For a relaxing bath.
Brewed tea as follows:
- 10-15 grams of dry raw material was poured with a liter of boiling water,
- Left to stand under the lid for 5 minutes,
- They drank the drink daily, morning and evening.
You can add dried leaves of the plant and in the usual black leaf tea. Lemongrass tea has a tonic and immunostimulating effect. But it should be consumed dosed. At night, this drink is not recommended to drink.
Preparing tincture of seeds and berries:
- To prepare the medicine, take 20 grams of berries and 10 grams of crushed seeds,
- Put the ingredients in a dark glass container, pour 150 ml of alcohol,
- Leave the mixture in a dark place for 2 weeks,
- Strain the obtained tincture from sediment,
- Keep the finished medicine in a dark, out of reach of children, place.
The finished tincture before use is diluted with water 1:10. It turns out that 1 teaspoon of medication must be diluted with 10 teaspoons of pure water. It is necessary to accept on an empty stomach, in the morning and in the evening. The tool is effective for anemia, flu, decreased immunity, fatigue.
Berries - use and how to use?
Shizandra berries are valued for their tonic and refreshing effects. They gather in late September and early October. Creepers should grow away from roads and trails so that the plant is not saturated with harmful substances. It is necessary to collect them carefully so as not to crush the flesh.
Among the inhabitants of China, Korea and the Far East, the most popular ways of canning berries for the winter are:
- Juicing. Juice is squeezed out of ripe berries, ordered in half-liter jars and pasteurized at low temperature. Sugar and various additives are not added to the drink. Ready juice is added to tea (1 teaspoon per serving), tinctures are made and medicinal mixtures are prepared,
- Cooking jams. The berries are pre-heated in boiling water (2-3 minutes), then rubbed through a sieve. The resulting puree is mixed with sugar (per 1 kg puree 1.5 kg of sugar) and boil for 30 minutes over low heat. Hot jam is laid out on sterile jars and rolled,
- Cooking jam from lemongrass. In an enameled cup with a thick bottom pour 1 kg of berries. There also is added 1, 5 kg of sugar and 150 ml of water. Leave for a day to highlight the juice. Then put on the fire. The whole mass is boiled over low heat until fully cooked. Jam is poured into sterile jars and rolled.
Despite its beneficial properties, the plant has several contraindications:
- Increased heart muscle tone
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system,
- Diseases of the stomach associated with an increase in acidity,
- Pregnancy and lactation period,
- Individual intolerance to the active components of shizandra,
- Liver failure,
- Acute infectious diseases
- Insomnia and sleep disturbance
- Increased excitability of the nervous system.
In healthy people, after taking lemongrass, there may be adverse reactions:
- Allergic reactions (rash, itching, urticaria),
- High blood pressure
- Increase heart rate
- Increased excitability.
Apply Far East lemongrass always stands with caution. It would be better if his appointment will appoint an experienced specialist.
Self-treatment by a plant and its components can cause negative consequences for the organism.
Amazing plant composition
In China, for a long time, they knew about Far Eastern Schizandra, the properties of the plant have always been used by the indigenous people, it has an effective tonic and refreshing effect. In Russia, they learned about him much later.
The fruits of schisandra far East contains special substances - lignans, having a wide range of biological activity. According to scientists, it is precisely due to these components that the therapeutic effect of the plant is achieved, which has an antitumor, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, tonic effect. The Far Eastern schisandra (photos available in the article) is called an adaptogen due to the stimulating effect of lignans on the central nervous system. Adaptogens are amazing natural substances that contribute to improving the body's resistance in difficult conditions, such as abrupt climate changes, intense physical and mental stress, oxygen starvation and other extreme situations. Such substances do not belong to drugs and are not intended for the treatment of diseases in medical practice, but supporters of alternative medicine have been using adaptogens for tens of thousands of years. With regular use, such substances are so capable of strengthening the immune system that the body conquers even the most severe ailments, so the Far Eastern Schizandra, along with ginseng, aralia, Eleutherococcus, can be attributed to plants of healthy people
Far Eastern Schizandra (berries) contains many organic acids (citric, malic, tartaric), vitamins E, C, sugars and pectins, anthocyanins, which have a powerful antioxidant effect, tannins (tannins), flavanoids (catechins). All parts of the plant contain essential oil, in the seeds there are fatty oils rich in unsaturated fatty acids. The mineral composition of Chinese Schizandra is also extremely rich, although almost all macro- and microelements are present in it in small quantities - calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, molybdenum, cobalt, aluminum, chromium, selenium, barium, iodine, strontium, nickel other.
Glucosides and alkaloids, which are toxic substances, were not found in the berries of Chinese magnolia vine.
Far East lemongrass: medical applications
Even the ancient doctors knew that such a plant effectively restores strength and relieves fatigue. Modern scholars who have studied the Far Eastern lemongrass, the reviews also leave extremely positive, its action is as follows:
activates the processes of regeneration and improves metabolism
has a stimulating and tonic effect on the nervous system,
enhances positive reflexes and reflex excitability.
Far East lemongrass: instructions for use
Alcohol tincture of lemongrass berries is effective for such problems as drowsiness, lethargy, decreased performance, fatigue, depression and asthenic syndromes. They take a medication containing Far Eastern schizandra (there is a photo of the medicine in the article), before meals, 20-30 drops twice a day. Similarly, you can take the tool for intense physical and psycho-emotional stress. If necessary, you can use for 1 time 30-45 drops of funds.
You can buy a tincture of a plant such as Far Eastern lemongrass, in a pharmacy, or you can make it yourself.
How to prepare tincture of lemongrass at home?
For the medicine you need 20 grams of dried berries of lemongrass and 100 ml of alcohol. Berries must be crushed, folded into a bottle of dark glass, pour alcohol and close tightly. For 7-10 days, the remedy is to insist at room temperature in a dark place, occasionally shaking. After the composition is filtered, squeeze the berries and insist for another 2-3 days, then re-filter. If you do everything strictly according to the recipe, you get a clear alcohol tincture. To receive the received means it is necessary before meal on 2.5 ml 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks. Tincture has a good therapeutic effect in violation of sleep, dizziness, depressive states, headaches.
Infusion of Chinese Schizandra fruits
To prepare such a tool is very simple. The drug has a tonic and tonic effect, improves the immune and nervous systems. So, in a wooden dish should be pounded 10 g of dried fruits of Chinese magnolia vine, pour a glass of boiling water and put on a slow fire. After boiling, immediately remove, cool slightly, squeeze the berries and strain. Есть и более простой способ приготовления настоя: плоды залить кипятком и настаивать на протяжении 6-ти часов.
Принимать полученное средство 2-3 раза в день по столовой ложке за 30 минут до приема пищи, по желанию к нему можно добавить сахар или мед по вкусу.
Настойка из семян китайского лимонника
Для приготовления потребуются измельченные семена лимонника (10 г), его ягоды (20 г) и спирт (100 мл). Ягоды и семена заливают спиртом и оставляют в темной стеклянной таре настаиваться при комнатной температуре на протяжении 10-ти дней. После получившуюся настойку следует процедить. It is recommended to use the remedy on an empty stomach, diluting with water 20-30 drops. Indications for the use of such tinctures are: anemia, general fatigue, fatigue, sexual weakness, colds and nervous diseases. Often the tincture is used to prevent flu.
Juice from the berries of Chinese lemongrass
The berries of this plant - a great option for making healthy juice for the winter. To do this, fresh berries should be well washed and pressed, the resulting juice poured into sterile jars of 0.5 liters and pasteurized for 15 minutes, after - roll up the lids. In winter, this tool is added to tea (200 ml 1 tsp.).
Tea from Far Eastern Schizandra
To make tea, young shoots, dried leaves, or Chinese Schizandra bark are needed. Raw materials (about 10 g) are poured with boiling water (1 l) and, without interfering, leave to infuse for 3-4 minutes. Lemongrass leaves can be added to regular tea. Regularly using tea from this plant, you can strengthen the immune system and increase resistance to colds.
Powder from the seeds of Chinese Schizandra
To make it, the fruit of the plant must be filled with water and left to stand for a few hours; after it, separate the pulp and remove the seeds. They must be well dried in the oven and grind to a powder. The resulting remedy effectively protects the liver in acute or chronic hepatitis, after long-term illnesses, and also has a stimulating and tonic effect in case of mental and physical fatigue. Take the powder twice a day (0.5 g) before meals.
Far East lemongrass and its description
Far East lemongrass it is a perennial woody vine with a climbing stem up to 15 cm long and up to 2.5 cm thick with a cord-like rhizome and numerous adventitious roots, the main mass of the roots reaches a depth of 15 cm. Along with such plants as Arabian coffee, zamaniha, ginseng, eleutherococcus, Rhodiola rosea, lemongrass belongs to the category of plants stimulating the nervous system. The leaves of Far East lemongrass have alternate, elliptical or broadly lanceolate-like, pointed, up to 10 cm in length and 5 cm wide, on petioles up to 3 cm long. The flowers of Far Eastern lemons are white or cream-colored, up to 2 cm in diameter. Fruits of the plant in the Far East are red, juicy, berry-shaped, with a dense skin. Seeds are yellow or light orange, reniform. The plant Far East lemongrass when rubbed has the smell of lemon. Far East lemongrass blooms in May-June, the fruits ripen in September-October.
Cultivation of Far-Eastern Schizandra, collection and storage
Lemongrass is propagated by Far Eastern seeds and vegetatively (layering, offspring, rhizome segments, green cuttings). When sowing, the depth of seeding is 0.5 cm. Freshly harvested seeds can be sown, in the spring - stratified. Fruits and seeds collected during their biological ripening are used as raw materials. Mature fruits have a characteristic specific flavor and aroma. Brush with fruits must be carefully removed from the shoots. In buckets, baskets, they are delivered to drying places, where they are dried under canopies for 2–3 days, then separated from brushes and dried in air heaters at 40–55 ° for 6–8 hours. Fruits are stored in fabric bags on racks in dry rooms . Seeds are obtained after pressing the juice from the brushes with fruits. The pulp is slightly moistened and mixed in containers, covered with gauze, burlap, put in a warm place for fermentation. After fermentation, the seeds are washed on screens with openings of 4-5 mm, separating the seeds from the pericarp. Dry them in warm rooms, spreading them in a thin layer and stirring occasionally. In the dryer, the temperature should not exceed 50e. Store the seeds in paper bags.
Far East lemongrass, its composition
Use fruit containing lignans: gomiziny A, B, C, D, F, G, H, angeloilgomizin And tigloilgomizin H benzoilgominizin H pregomizin, gomizin I, gomizin N, tigloilgomizin P, schizandrin, schizandrin, dezoksihizandrin, sesquiterpenoids ylang , a- and J-Hamigren, Hamigrenal, sesquicaren, tannins (up to 0.33%), organic acids: citric (up to 11.5%), malic (up to 8.4%), tartaric, oxalic, amber, vitamins C, P, E. Along with the fruits, use seeds that contain lignans (5.02%): schizandrin, schizandrol, schizandrtsn, deoxychisandrin, essential oil (2.9%), sesk iterpenovye ketones, vitamin E, fatty oil (33.8%).
Far Eastern magnolia vine in leaves contains: ash - 7.81%, macronutrients (mg / g): K - 30.10, Ca
Mg, 4.30; Fe, 0.20; trace elements (CBN): Mn, 0.83; Cu, 0.80; Zn, 0.73; Co, 0.12; Mo, 1.58 , Cr - 0.04, A1-0.11, Ba-0.06, Se-26.70, Ni-1.05, Sr-0.04, Pb-0.11, 1-0.28. In - 54,00 mkg / g. Not detected Cd, Li, Ag, Au, V, Br. The lemongrass concentrates on the Far Eastern Mo, Se, Mn, especially Se.
Far Eastern schisandra fruit contains: ash - 3.54%, macronutrients (mg / g): K - 19.20, Ca-0.70, Mg - 1.70, Fe - 0.06, microelements (CBN): Mn -0.22, Cu - 0.10, Zn - 0.13, Cr - 0.01, Al - 0.02, Ba - 31.05, Se - 33.30, Ni - 0.33, Pb - 0 , 03, I - 0.09. At -0.90 µg / g. He detected Cd, Li, Ag, Au, V, Co, Mo, Sr, Br. Lemongrass concentrates Far East Se, Va. May accumulate Mo, Ni, Mn, Cu, Zn.
The use of plants of Far East lemongrass, treatment of Far Eastern lemongrass
Tincture from vines seeds of the Far Eastern lemongrass is used as a means of stimulating the central nervous system in case of physical and mental fatigue, increased drowsiness, hypotension, increases efficiency. It has antihepatotoxic effect.
Juice of lemongrass juice can replace citric acid. Applied in the form of a healing drink (dilution 1:10) with a pleasant lemon flavor and bright red color. Leaves are used to make tonic tea with a pleasant lemon scent. It is better to collect the leaves in the fall before the leaf fall. Liana is distinguished by its decoration. Essential oil can be used in perfumery and soap making. Juice and fruits are used to make sweets, preserves, kissels, syrups, flavor extracts. Far East lemongrass is a good seasoning for tea.
In China Far East lemongrass used in medicine for another 250 years BC