Spraying and whitewashing from March to May is the basis for processing your garden. For the spring protection of fruit and ornamental trees, as well as shrubs from rodents, diseases, pests, select tools, make a schedule and watch a video on the topic.
When to process
During the spring, the garden should be sprayed several times to feed the trees and protect them from diseases and pests. Each of these procedures is important in its own way. Here you need to not miss the moment and keep the correct work schedule. Spraying is carried out:
- In early spring. This is how the insects that lived in the bark of trees in winter are destroyed. Usually diesel fuel is used for the first treatment, which limits pests access to oxygen.
- Before flowering. This measure is aimed at the destruction of the larvae. Effective use of urea or ready-made insecticides. During this period, trees and bushes should be sprayed against scab, coccomycosis, moniliosis and other diseases. Copper sulphate or Bordeaux liquid will do.
Around April, it is worth updating the whitewashing on the trunks of trees. Besides the fact that it looks elegant, this measure will also be an excellent prevention:
- fungal diseases. The risk of their development increases with the onset of warm weather, combined with spring rains,
- pests. Whitewashing prevents the appearance of aphids and mites, and also eliminates insects that remain in the bark.
Council Any garden treatment is favorable in dry and windless weather. The most successful time is earlier morning. If you do not have time, postpone the procedure for the evening.
How to spray trees and shrubs
Preparations that process the garden are divided into:
- Biological - bacteria, safe for future harvest, effective in fight against harmful microbes.
- Folk - mixtures and tinctures of various herbs.
- Chemical, including fungicides and insecticides. Very often used for the treatment and prevention of the most common diseases of the garden, as well as for the destruction of pests. For example:
- weevils, tsvetoya fight with chlorophos,
- Copper Oxide and Bordeaux Liquid are treated for scab and coccomicosis.
- karbofos or chlorophos are used to destroy spider mites, caterpillars, sawflies, aphids,
- against anthracnose, damaged currants or gooseberries, will help chlorine oxide.
In addition, the relevant complex tools used to combat diseases and pests of trees. They are a combination of substances that simultaneously destroy the manifestations of diseases on plants and exterminate insects.
Often a good alternative to complex drugs becomes urea (urea). In addition to effective protection, its another important purpose is to feed trees with nitrogen. It uses a lower concentration than pest control. In any case, the main thing is to dilute the urea in the right proportion with water, otherwise the burn of the plant is inevitable. If you are not sure that urea was properly bred, do not rush to spray all the trees. Process several branches and wait 1-2 days.
Very many diseases and a number of harmful insects are afraid of a beautiful soft blue mixture - Bordeaux fluidwhich is prepared from copper sulphate and lime, mixing them in a ratio of 1: 1. Each 200 g of the obtained powder is diluted with a 10-liter bucket of water. Rarely, but still use copper sulfate in its pure form to combat scab, moniliozom and some pests in the period before bud break. To this end, 100 g of funds diluted with 10 liters of water. Unlike copper, iron sulfate not only fights against illnesses and pests, but also feeds plants. Iron contributes to the growth and development of shoots, and also affects the quality of the fruit.
Solutions of urea and vitriol contain a lot of active substances. Therefore, you should not do the processing of them more than 2 times a year. It is better to alternate drugs, for example, applying also bioprotection. True, according to some summer residents, such means are good only as a preventive measure, but not at all a struggle. In comparison with chemical means, folk methods of fighting insects and diseases are also significantly less effective. Their main advantage is safety for humans, plants and the environment as a whole.
For example, you can prepare a tincture against insects from:
- 200 g of tobacco (pre-shredded)
- garlic and onion peels, orange peels and needles (you need 1 handful of each ingredient).
All this must be placed in a 3 liter bottle and filled with water, the temperature of which does not exceed + 70 °. Having closed the tincture with a lid, you need to put it in a warm place for 7 days. Then it is necessary to strain the mixture, add warm water there to make 10 l of the preparation, and pour the crushed 100 g piece of tar soap.
Council You need to use the drug before flowering, after a couple of procedures with an interval of 10-12 days.
Popular among supporters of folk remedies infusion of garlic, which fights with aphids, as well as rust and coppers. To prepare it, you need 0.5 kg of minced garlic diluted with 3-5 liters of water, strain and squeeze the thick, which then should be soaked again in water. The resulting tinctures need to be filtered through a sieve, mix and pour water to finally get 10 liters of funds.
How to spray trees and shrubs
- pump or compressor,
- respirator or mask,
- gloves are better than rubber,
Spraying is more effective if you handle the whole garden at once. If you need to get rid of the disease or insects 1-2 plants, it is still necessary to sprinkle and his neighbors, and near-trunk circles, in order to attack did not spread further. Before work carefully inspect the trees and bushes. If there is moss or lichen, remove them with a metal brush. Mix the product with which you spray the plants with water to form a homogeneous liquid, and then pour it into the machine.
- Evenly apply the drug on the branches, leaves and trunk of a tree or shrub. Start processing from the top.
- To spray plants well, hold the tip of the pump / compressor about 70 cm away from them.
- Please note that getting the drug on the back of the leaves is undesirable.
- Upon completion, wash all parts, wash yourself and rinse thoroughly with your mouth.
Council Before purchasing protective equipment, calculate how much you need. Depending on the age of the tree, 1 plant requires from 1.5 to 5.5 liters of the drug. The processing of the bush takes 0.6-1.5 liters of solution.
Whitewashing trees: the composition of solutions, processing technology
To whiten the trunks of plants, usually take:
- Lime. Minus its use - the procedure must be repeated several times, because the solution seizes too thin film.
- Alkyd paint. Often its composition is supplemented with antifungal substances, and when applied it is enough 1 layer.
- Inkstone. Benefits the plant as a whole, because it accelerates the formation of chlorophyll.
- Homemade solution. For example, it is prepared as follows: a 10-liter bucket of water is mixed with 2-2.5 kg of chalk or hydrated lime and 200-300 g of vitriol (any). Sometimes a little less water is poured into the composition, compensating for this by adding PVA glue. This solution lasts longer.
For whitewashing trees you need:
- Scrape off the old bark from the trunk.
- To smear cracks, wounds with garden pitch.
- Brush process shtamb, painting it about 1 m from the ground level.
- If necessary, it is necessary to repeat the whitewash in 2-3 days.
In order not to get confused when and what spring works are needed in the garden, make up a schedule for yourself. Specify in it the timing of events, type of procedures. Also note which drugs you are going to use. With such a plan at hand, you can provide effective plant protection and deservedly count on an excellent harvest.
Spring garden spraying
Spraying enhances the natural immunity of trees and shrubs. Also by spraying you can get rid of malicious bugs and microorganisms. Spraying should be done after the snow melts and the air temperature becomes positive. Spring processing of trees performed in three steps:
- Before the formation of the kidneys (first half of March). During this period, it is necessary to spray the trees to protect the trees and shrubs from the appearance of pathogens. It should be understood that many harmful insects and microorganisms can winter right inside the tree, so using early spraying can also get rid of the parasites that settled in the tree last year.
- After the formation of the kidneys (first half of April). In this case, spraying should be directed not at combating parasites, but at stimulating the growth of buds and buds. Also with the help of April treatments by spraying, you can enhance the natural immunity of trees and shrubs, which will well affect the quality of the crop. Also in April, it is necessary to carry out preventive spraying against fungal infections, since the fungi usually wake up in April after hibernation.
- After flowering (first half of May). After flowering, it is imperative to perform the last spring spraying of trees, because the flowers very much attract the attention of harmful bacteria and insects, which can affect the quality of the crop.
Spring processing of trees and bushes by using various drugs. It should be understood that the duration of such drugs is usually 2-4 weeks, so using such treatments you can create a stable immunity in trees against all major parasites. If for any reason you miss at least one of the stages, then the probability of infection of trees with various pathogens will sharply increase.
When to sprinkle fruit trees in the spring?
Scheme Trees and shrubs, which is presented above is common, and it is suitable for all major plants. However, if necessary, the grower may make small adjustments to this spray pattern. Experienced gardeners advise spraying fruit trees not in 3, but in 5 stages. It should be understood that in most fruit trees, buds and buds are formed at about the same time, so this five-step scheme is suitable for spraying apple trees, pears, plums, peach trees, and so on.
Treating trees in spring looks like that:
- The first spraying should be performed before the formation of buds. Spraying should be done after the night air temperature reaches a mark above +6 degrees. With the help of such spraying you can get rid of harmful insects and fungi, which settled in the tree for the winter, last year.
- The second spraying needs to be done after the buds have blossomed. Such a spraying should be gentle so as not to damage the kidneys, and the spraying itself is needed in order to protect the tree from pathogens and harmful insects.
- The third spraying should be performed after the first buds are formed. Care must be taken here, because the buds attract the attention of both harmful and beneficial insects, so this spraying should also be gentle. Some people skip this stage because they are convinced that spraying the buds can seriously degrade the quality of the crop. However, experienced gardeners respond to this that some chemical reagents can actually cause damage to flowers, but harmful insects are much more dangerous than chemical sprayers.
- The fourth spraying should be performed directly during flowering. With this procedure, you can protect the tree from ticks, caterpillars and so on. If the infection occurred before spraying, it is necessary to immediately spray the tree, because at the initial stage of infection it is not too difficult to get rid of harmful insects.
- The last spraying should be done after the tree has completely faded. Such a spraying can reduce the likelihood of tree infection with moths, mites, and some fungal infections.
With the help of the five-stage scheme, not only fruit trees can be sprayed, but also various shrubs. However, in this case it is necessary to reduce the dosage of chemical reagents so as not to poison the shrub.
How to treat trees and shrubs in the spring before bud break?
Let's see what it looks like. tree processing in spring before bud break. Anti-insect drugs are well suited for early spraying, as many pests like to spend the winter in the trees. It should be understood that the methods of use of these drugs may differ, so before preparing the medicine you need to read the instructions:
- Inkstone. This drug can accelerate the growing season of plants, iron sulfate is also effective against disease-causing fungi and harmful beetles, and this drug can be used both for treatment and for prevention. Iron sulfate is a blue powder, and for the preparation of a therapeutic solution you need to dissolve a three percent vitriol in 10 liters of water.
- Nitrafen. Most often, this drug is used to fight insects. Nitrafen is effective against ticks, caterpillars, and so on. This drug is usually produced in the form of a solution. For spraying the trees should use a three percent solution, and for processing bushes in spring - two percent solution.
- Copper sulfate. This medicine effectively kills fungal infections and also stimulates the growth and healing of damaged branches. For processing, you need to use a one-percent solution, and you can use copper sulfate for spraying both trees and shrubs.
- Drug number 30. This drug should be used in extreme cases, when a large number of ticks and caterpillars started in the garden. This drug kills both adults and eggs. In home gardening, a three percent solution of this medicine is commonly used.
How to treat trees and shrubs in the spring after bud break?
After blooming buds need to re-spraying. Before spraying, the preparations should be diluted with water according to the instructions, and for tree protection After bud break, the following drugs are commonly used:
- Bordeaux fluid. This medicine enhances the natural immunity of the tree and destroys fungi, and it is necessary to spray trees and shrubs with a one-percent solution of this medicine. When preparing a therapeutic solution, care must be taken, because with a high concentration of the active substance in the solution, Bordeaux liquid can cause tree burns that will not heal well.
- Fungicide Chorus. Is used for tree protection in spring from fungal infections. Most often used in combination with other drugs, research shows that chorus fungicide in combination with other drugs enhances the natural immunity of the tree by 2-4 times, which will well affect the quality of the crop.
- Fungicide Detsis. This drug is used to combat serious fungal infections. Also, the fungicide Decis can be used to kill insects (aphids, various beetles, moths, and so on). For the preparation of therapeutic solution you need to use the instructions.
- Chloroxide copper. Used to fight against fungi and some insects, and for spraying you need to prepare a three percent (in the case of shrubs) or a four percent solution (in the case of trees). The drug can be used for both treatment and prevention.
How to process trees and shrubs in the spring after flowering?
After flowering you need to complete the final processing plants in the spring. For processing, you can use substances such as copper sulfate, Bordeaux liquid, nitrafen, Horus fungicide and so on. We wrote about the features of these drugs above, so here we will not consider these drugs in detail.
A key feature of the final processing is that during the preparation of the solution, it is necessary to slightly reduce the concentration of the active substances in the solution in order not to harm the plant. Also experienced gardeners recommend using not one, but several substances at once. For example, to stimulate growth and protect against pests, you can mix the fungicide Horus, the fungicide Decis and iron sulfate (but do not forget that the total concentration of active substances must meet all the necessary standards).
Drugs from diseases and pests for spraying in the spring
Let's find out now how to protect the garden from pests in the spring. Additional spraying may be used to protect fruit trees and shrubs. Using such treatments by spraying, you can get rid of insects (aphid, bark beetles, caterpillars, various harmful bugs, and so on), and various pathogens (fungi, viruses, bacteria, and so on).
Для борьбы с насекомыми могут использоваться такие отечественные препараты:
- Золон. Используется в качестве лечебного и профилактического инсектицида, который эффективен против всех основных насекомых, наносящих вред деревьям и кустарникам. Выпускается в форме небольших ампул. To prepare the solution, dilute 1 ampoule (10 ml) in water (10 l). It is not toxic.
- Mitak It is used to protect apples, pears, plums, grapes and many other trees and shrubs from insects. It is produced in the form of a solution that is poured into canisters. For spraying, dilute the solution with water according to the instructions.
- Also, nitrophene, copper oxychloride and other substances can be used to combat bugs (we considered them in this article above).
You can use these drugs to fight fungi and bacteria:
- Urea. It is a natural substance that can be used as a medicine, as well as a top dressing. Available in powder form for dilution with water. To prepare a therapeutic solution, you need to dissolve 500-700 g of urea in 10 liters of water. To improve the therapeutic properties of the solution, you can add 50-70 g of copper sulphate.
- The caratan. It belongs to the class of fungicidal drugs that are effective against both fungi and against some bacteria. Available in powder form, for spraying it is necessary to dilute the preparation with water so that the concentration of the active substance is 0.1%.
- Also, to combat the fungi and bacteria, you can use iron sulfate, Bordeaux liquid, Horus fungicide, and so on (we considered these substances in the article above).
Professional processing of trees and shrubs in the spring
Let's now learn how to properly handle trees and shrubs in the spring:
- 3-4 days before the treatment, it is necessary to perform a small watering of the plant (for example, 5-6 liters of water will be enough for watering one large apple tree). Why is this so important? The fact is that after spraying, it is impossible to water trees and shrubs for some time, as this may lead to the leaching of chemicals into the soil.
- Before spraying, it is also recommended to cut off dried and old branches.
- It is recommended to lay a waterproof film on the ground right before spraying, in order to exclude the possibility of chemical drugs that could harm the soil getting into the soil.
- Spraying should be performed in dry, windless weather. Sprayers and sponges can be used to apply the solution to the branches.
- Before spraying, a person needs to wear a special protective suit, gloves and a mask to eliminate the possibility of chemicals on the skin or eyes.
Than need to spray your garden in the spring
If you are interested in such a question, how to spray a garden in early spring against pests? Then in this article we will talk about it. Currently, in many stores you can find a huge number of different tools for spraying the garden. Nitrafen, Bordeaux liquid, KZM emulsion, copper sulphate, preparation 30 - purchase either combination products or chemicals. So, let's say the latter begin to lose their properties in a few weeks. But despite this, they are very convenient to use. The manufacture of biological products, as a rule, is based on microorganisms and viruses. This in turn makes them safe for many garden crops, as well as for people and animals. In addition, each of these tools can lead to various types of pests and diseases.
Combination products can protect horticultural crops from a variety of all kinds of pests, helping to reduce the number of treatments. For example, a 1% solution of Bordeaux mixture can be used for plants with different term awakening of the eyes. The KZM emulsion is used to treat plants only once every 2-3 years. Spraying horticultural crops with iron or copper sulphate is a more inexpensive and effective way of treatment, since these drugs can fight leaf curl, scab, rot, and many other diseases. But still, a single spray cannot solve the whole problem. It is best to carry out these works at least several times a season (3-4 times).
Spraying the garden for the first time should be in early spring (in the first decade of April). Spray the second time should be in early June. And the third time to carry out this procedure is recommended after the flowering period. This will allow the plants to resist such a pest as a spider web.
How to spray trees in the spring
Now you have learned about how to spray a garden in the early spring from diseases. Of course, the most important thing in spraying is to properly conduct all the work. To be able to not harm the plants. For this reason, we will tell you how plants should be processed in stages, so that you can not miss a single important point. Processing plants and trees:
First, it is necessary to clean the trunks of trees with the help of hard cheeks, in order to be able to remove lichen and moss. This procedure will help to revitalize the plant cells and activate the growth of young shoots.
Before spraying, thoroughly mix the solution until a homogeneous mass. Otherwise, the concentration of the finished product will be very weak. As a result, you will not achieve the desired effect.
Often, the solution at the time of processing to go to the surface of the leaves of plants in the form of small drops. It is necessary to keep the tip of the apparatus used at a distance of about 80 cm from the leaves. And in order to achieve the maximum effect, a jet should be directed along the center of the tree. Be sure to ensure that drops of the solution do not fall on your skin. To avoid this, you must use special protective gloves, goggles, and a respirator. After completing the work, you need to carefully treat your hands with antibacterial soap.
Video on: Spraying Trees in the Spring. Detailed Video. From A to Z
In early spring, even before bud breaks, apples are treated against hibernating eggs of aphids. Spraying nitrafenom (200 g per 10 liters of water). If there is no nitrafena, spraying can be carried out with a concentrate of green oil-KZM (600 —800 g per 10 l of water). As a rule, processing is performed before and after flowering!
15-20 days after flowering. Winter varieties of apple processing is possible. In the summer, when aphids appear, apple trees are sprayed with tobacco infusion. There are three ways to combat aphids: Fighting aphids with different methods and means You can fight with aphids using mechanical, biological, technological and chemical methods and means.
The mechanical method of dealing with aphids is associated with the simplest methods of removing insects from plants. Whenever possible, remove the glow with your hands - this is convenient to do with rose bushes and other low plants.
Rinse aphids from bushes and trees with a strong jet of water from a hose. Biological methods of dealing with aphids are connected with the help of useful living creatures.
"Invite" to your garden of natural predators that feed on aphids - insects and small birds. Although, let's be realistic: often the useful insects naturally present in the garden are not enough to destroy the aphid accumulation. Adult aphids and larvae of a ladybug, hoverflies, golden-eyed birds (they are very effective in the fight against aphids), several species of wasps eat the aphids.
To naturally attract healthy insects to the garden, plant fragrant herbs, nettles and siderats. The larvae of ladybirds and gold eyes can be purchased at garden centers or by special order by mail, and then released in the garden. It is possible to order this means of biological control of harmful insects only when a large amount of aphid has already settled in the garden and threatens planting. In order for birds to regularly fly into your garden and nest in it, arrange drinking bowls with fresh water during the garden season.
And better build a garden pond. At the same time, make sure that birds, as well as hedgehogs, lizards and other useful creatures, have convenient and safe access to water. The tile is destroyed by sparrows and other small birds. For example, tits, warblers (wizards, tenkovka, etc.), blood oranges, wrens, linnets, robins-charges. They feed harmful insects to their chicks. After hunting for aphids, birds have to wipe their beaks on the leaves or grass to get rid of the sweet sticky honeydew.
Plant plants that are particularly attractive to aphids, far from the crops that you want to protect from these pests. Aphids especially love and primarily populates: nasturtium, cosme, poppy, mallow, beans, tuberous begonias, glue. And viburnum, plum and linden are the favorite woody plants for aphids. Never plant valuable herbaceous plants under these trees or in the vicinity of your favorite aphids. Organic horticulture technology against aphids. Some plants are unpleasant for aphids and scare them away.
Among them are a variety of onions and garlic, traditional for the garden. As well as pyrethrum, tanacetum, or Dalmatian chamomile (Pyrethrum cinerariifolium, Tanacetum cinerariifolium) - it contains toxic substances pyrethrins dangerous for aphids.
Plant these plants next to specimens prone to aphid attacks. Flowers and vegetables are a good neighborhood, and it also helps deter pest insects.
Especially valuable in this regard are marigolds and calendula. The mini-garden of spicy herbs is both beautiful and useful. Do not overfeed with nitrogen fertilizers, because very delicate greens and weakened plants especially attract aphids. Home remedies for aphids House remedies for fighting aphids are available to everyone. The most popular recipes used for centuries against aphids include soap (it is now more convenient to use liquid dishwashing soap) and vegetable oil.
The viscous consistency of soap and oil envelops the bodies of insects and prevents their breathing, because aphids breathe through the skin. Prepare the preparations according to the simple recipes below.
Garden diseases and pests: treatment in spring, in April and May
Spray them on the affected parts of the plants in the evenings, when the useful insect pollinators have already gone to rest. Keep in mind that these drugs are mostly non-selective (i.e., they destroy both harmful and beneficial insects). Spray the plants with the preparations at intervals of several days until all the pests have died. Liquid soap and water: dilute the soap in a spray bottle and spray the plants against the aphids. 2 teaspoons of liquid soap are added to 2 glasses of water.
Vegetable oil can be added to this solution (1 cup of vegetable oil), but not necessarily. I successfully used this drug (with “Fairy”) on my tomatoes. A small amount of aphids disappeared after the first application. This is true of the sliced leaves of tomatoes. This brew is quite soft and is considered effective among organic gardeners.
Soak chopped tomato leaves in water (overnight or longer). Strain and pour into spray bottle. Add water to the bottle if more drug is required. Spray the affected plants, not forgetting the underside of the leaves. I cut the leaves from the bottom of the stem of climbing tomatoes (up to a blooming brush), cut them with scissors to a volume of 2 cups and soak them in 2 cups of water.
Garlic infusion: 3-5 cloves of garlic (passed through a press), 2 tsp. cheap vegetable oil, 1/2 l of water, 1 tsp. liquid soap. Infuse crushed garlic in water for a day or longer, add water and soap.
Store the resulting product in a tightly closed container. To use, dissolve a couple of tablespoons of the drug with water in a spray bottle and spray the affected plants with aphids. A soap-soap solution, an infusion of onion peel, bitter pepper, wormwood, horseradish and other plants are also used for aphids.
In spring, not only trees and shrubs wake up from hibernation, but also pests. Therefore, spring processing of fruit trees is a guarantee of a good harvest.
The guarantee of a good harvest is the correct and regular care of fruit trees and shrubs.
Among its most important points is the treatment of trees in the spring. It is during this season that each tree needs several sprays and whitewash. These manipulations will protect the garden from diseases and various pests.
Why do we need garden treatment in spring
Spring processing is a kind of hygienic procedure for waking up trees.
What gives the garden treatment in the spring:
- Disease protection.
Signs of diseases of trees and shrubs
- The cut of branches has a brown shade.
- The growths on the trunks and branches in the form of ellipses.
The main problem in the garden in the spring is pests.
The most famous of them are:
- Weevils: goose, bokarka, apple beetle damage young buds.
This damage resembles injections with needles, near which droplets of juice sometimes appear. Most of these buds die without having dissolved.
Methods of processing garden trees in the spring
When the onset of early spring, proceed to the first treatment of trees, and also ennoble the garden: cut the crown, clean the trunks from the old bark and accrued lichen.
The next step is the process of garden processing during the period of budding. Perform final spraying at the end of flowering.
Spring protection of fruit trees and bushes from diseases consists of three stages:
- Whitewashing trunks.
- Processing soil near the trunk.
- Spraying with special products.
Whitewash produce in April.
- Use a metal brush to clean the trunks of the old bark.
Special garden putty repair damage to the trunk, let it dry well.
Such processing will give the best result. The composition disinfects the bark of the tree. And it is more stable than lime.
Spraying plants with chemicals and bioactive substances
By the end of April, apply biological and chemical protection of fruit trees.
Spend it before flowering.
Use for spraying tank mixture, that is, a mix of drugs in the same container.
To do this, take: copper oxychloride 0.4%, which protects against diseases, and fufanone 0.1% to eliminate pests. Prepare the solution immediately before applying it. Spraying one tree takes 2–5 liters of the product.
Julia Petrichenko, expert
To get 10 liters of working fluid 0.4%, take 40 g of "wetting powder HOM". At use of the drug "ABIGA-PIK water suspension" take 100 ml of funds.
Use the tank mixture and after flowering.
It is dangerous to use chemicals during budding. In no case do not spray flowering trees, there is a chance to harm insect pollinators.
If immediately after the treatment procedure precipitations fell, then repeat everything again. Only if after spraying the result is not washed off within 3 hours, then the processing is completed successfully.
Preparations to combat the diseases of garden trees
Cheap and common drug. It was used by many generations of gardeners. The recipe for the preparation of working mixture of copper sulphate: 100 g of the product diluted in a bucket of water with a capacity of 10 liters.
Copper sulfate confronts pests and diseases of shrubs and trees. It protects it from fruit rot, scab and black crayfish.
A proven and favorite way for gardeners to protect their crop of berries and fruits. The recipe for the preparation of the working fluid: half a pound of urea pour in a bucket of water with a capacity of 10 liters. This solution will go to the roots of the trees and will fertilize the soil all summer.
Use the urea solution for its intended purpose immediately, it is forbidden to store its remains, they will not be useful.
A wonderful anti-insect repellent in the bark. When processing the garden in the spring, be sure to include in the general program a stage of spraying of colloidal sulfur. Good protection against ticks.
Bordeaux one percent mixture is suitable for trees that are included in the vegetative period. The qualitative analogue of the drug is ABIGA-PIK. These tools are suitable for combating any parasites.
Chemicals for treating the garden after flowering
When flowering has passed, use the means belonging to the first class of danger.
These are “Neoron”, “Nureld”, “Decis”, “Marshal”. Данные средства уничтожают практически любых вредителей. Если вы опасаетесь за здоровье и безопасность, используйте биосредства «Актофит», «Барьер», «Фитоверм». Это химических препараты, но в их основе почвенные микроорганизмы.
Приспособления для опрыскивания деревьев
Для удобства используйте инструмент для опрыскивания на десять литров средства.
If you need to work tall trees, get a telescopic hose. The step ladder is also a good helper in the fight for the harvest.
To prevent the preparation from falling on the treated plant by rain from small droplets, keep the sprayer tip at a distance not closer than 1 meter from the tree.
Start at the top of the crown.
Handle every corner of the garden carefully. Pests have the habit of wintering in one secluded corner, and causing damage in another.
Safety in the processing of the garden
Do not neglect the means of protection during the processing of the garden plot. For face, use a gauze bandage or respirator.
Wear rubber gloves on your hands. Be sure to cover your head with a kerchief, hood or cap. Protect your eyes with glasses.
Do you cultivate your fruit trees and shrubs?
What funds do you trust the most? And what drugs did not suit you? Do you stock up on modern equipment for spring garden processing or do you manage in the old-fashioned way? Tell us in the comments to the article.
Amateur gardener, 18 years experience
About myself: I will share the secrets of a rich harvest, learn to create garden compositions.
Spring garden treatment for pests and diseases: spraying fruit trees - apples, pears, cherries, bushes - print version
Photo 1. & nbsp Needle disease prevention
Pests of perennial greenery can cause serious harm.
At the initial stages of infestation, the decorative qualities of the trees suffer - the foliage begins to turn yellow, the branches wither, the bark is covered with traces of pests. Lack of treatment leads to the fact that the infected plant weakens with time and dies.
Both deciduous and coniferous species suffer from insect pests. Pine needles are damaged by ticks, aphids, scale insects, sawmill larvae, some butterfly caterpillars and other pests. Shoots and stems of plants become targets for beetles (bark beetles, barbel, weevils), caterpillars of shoots, and shoots moths.
Pest control includes their destruction using special means and subsequent preventive spraying. Prophylactic treatment of conifers enhances plant protection and prevents pest invasion.
Professional processing of coniferous trees from pests and diseases
Get an idea of how the work on the processing of green spaces is carried out in the next video.
Tree spraying specialist
Photo 2. & nbsp Sanitary treatment of trees.
Krupnomerov suffer from pests, infectious and non-infectious diseases.
Treating trees from pests and diseases requires special knowledge, because the symptoms of various diseases are very similar. A specialist will diagnose a plant disease before spraying, select the most effective drug, and make a treatment plan.
For the protection and rehabilitation of perennial plantations apply medical and prophylactic spraying - spraying special preparations.
The type of drug depends on the disease of the plant. It can be insecticides, fungicides, acaricides or biological preparations. With the defeat of trees fungal diseases apply fungicides, ticks - acaricides, insects - insecticides.
The success of treatment of large size, not least depends on the timeliness of the measures taken.
It is very important to identify and destroy pests on time. Infection of a coniferous tree with various pests has various symptoms:
- gall midges — small outgrowths (galls) appear on the shoots, inside of which are insect larvae,
- bark beetles - needles crumble off, holes are formed on the trunk, passages from which resin oozes, fine dust appears under the holes,
- ticks - yellowing and shattering of needles, the appearance of a spider web on the branches,
- sawflies - lack of needles (it is eaten away by insects), yellowing, twisting of needles,
- louse - slower growth, curvature of the shoots,
- Hermes - slow growth, yellowing and curvature of the needles, the appearance of Gaul on the shoots.
In some cases, it is not possible to get rid of pests or diseases only by spraying. First of all, we are talking about the bark beetle. One of the most effective methods of fighting bark beetle, which does not adversely affect the environment and has a prolonged effect, is stem injections. Additional treatment of tree trunks with special preparations strengthens weakened plant specimens, increases the resistance of large-sized plants.
The best way to control pests and diseases of green plantings is preventive treatments, regular maintenance of plants: proper watering, maintaining the nutritional value of the soil, pruning dried and infected branches, removing stumps.
Where to order the treatment of trees from pests
Photo 3. & nbsp Processing wood.
If you want to order the processing of trees in Moscow or the Moscow region, contact Lesmaster. Experienced arborists and our pathologists of our company carry out all kinds of therapeutic measures for the rehabilitation of large-sized plants, the destruction of pests.
To consult on the treatment of green space and order processing of trees, please call 8 (495) 287-73-92 or leave an online application form.
Why and when is it best to garden?
Any sane person seeks to have only the freshest, most natural berries and fruits on his table. To achieve this goal, many owners work from morning to evening on their plots in order to get a good harvest at the end of the season. However, this is not such a simple job, as it may seem at first glance. Every spring summer residents have to fight a lot of different parasites and diseases that, in the absence of control, can overwhelm everything.
To reduce the harm that diseases and pests can bring, many gardeners use chemical and organic methods to combat them. However, the final result largely determines the experience of the gardener. This turn determines what the harvest will be at the end of the season. The effectiveness of all planned activities can be enhanced only if they are carried out at the appropriate time. Therefore, as soon as the last cold weather passes and fruit ovaries begin to form on the trees, it is necessary to start work immediately.
Stages of garden processing in the spring
If you trust the experience of experienced gardeners, it is better to carry out garden processing until 10 o'clock or after sunset - after about 6 hours. Such a choice is not accidental, since it is during these hours that the activity of the sun is minimal, and therefore the risk of leaves getting burned is extremely low. In the framework of spring garden processing, the following main steps can be distinguished:
- in early spring,
- before bud break,
- before and after flowering,
- during the formation of ovaries.
Spraying the garden in early spring
One of the traditional arrangements for garden processing is whitewashing tree trunks. However, it is better to spend it before the cold weather. Therefore, it is recommended to plan it in the fall. As a result of this operation protect trees from rodent damagetherefore, the remaining bark will not crack as a result of the frosty wind. In the spring, it will only be necessary to examine it in order to understand whether it has endured wintering well, and to correct it if the need arises.
The first garden treatment should be carried out in the first of March, before the buds have started to bloom. After waiting for the snow, you can prepare the plantings for processing. To do this, they put in order the territory of the dacha, remove insulation from protected boles, as well as branches that did not survive the winter. After this, a spring treatment is carried out to protect the trees and shrubs from insects.
At the initial stage, it is necessary to inspect the trunks of trees and remove the detected fungi from the surface. After that, the bark put lime mortar. The cooking process will look like this:
- You must take 2 kg of lime and mix it with 10 liters of water,
- then in this mixture you need to enter 1 kg of clay and 330-350 g of copper sulfate,
- all components need to be thoroughly kneaded until smooth,
- Now the solution is ready, it can be worn on the trunks and the base of the branches.
As a result of this treatment, eggs and insect larvae, which can often be found on bark and trunk cracks, will be removed.
Today, however, more modern and effective products are available to gardeners. Although they are a bit more expensive, they can be used to process trees much faster and with less effort, without giving the insects much harm to planting. Many of them contain a fungicide that increases plant resistance to many diseases. These properties have the following means:
- acrylic whitewash
- acrylic paints,
- lime paste, having in the composition of copper sulphate.
To help protect trees and shrubs from pests can not only copper sulphate, but also diesel fuel. After processing the plantings, a protective oily film will appear on them, which will be able to protect trees and shrubs from annoying insects. If the insects try to lay on the trunks and branches of the larvae and eggs, they will die under the balloon of diesel fuel. In this case, all open flower stalks and blooming leaves will remain safe and sound.
Spring garden processing before bud break
Next comes the next stage - fruit tree processing before the awakening of the kidneys. The main purpose of these activities is to prevent insects that hatch from the larvae, as well as pathogens of various diseases, from infecting trees and shrubs. Such diseases as scab, black cancer, coccomycosis, etc. can cause the greatest damage to the garden.
Help to protect the garden from pathogens and larvae of parasites will help special chemical preparations-insecticides, which are designed to carry out such processing. Most often for these purposes use the following means: Aktara, Calypso, Avant, Lannat, etc.
However, regardless of whether you are going to use copper sulphate or another modern drug, before applying it is recommended to read the instructions for use. The fact is that in stores there are drugs that were originally designed to process only certain types of fruit trees. In order for such treatment to meet your expectations, you can hold it with a solution of insecticides and fungicides of contact action. The effectiveness of this event will increase many times, as this will help not only to save the planting from pests and diseases, but also to prevent their occurrence in the future.
If you want to minimize the harm that will help get your plantations as a result of chemical processing, you can use a safer mixture prepared based on herbs, tobacco and orange peel. The process of its preparation is as follows:
- A 3 L can is taken and filled with shredded tobacco in the amount of 200 g,
- then there you need to put a handful of garlic husks and as many onions, pine needles and orange peels,
- after that, water heated to 70 degrees is poured into this mixture,
- the jar needs to be sealed tightly and find a warm place for it, where it should stand for a week,
- when the time is right, the finished tincture needs to be diluted with warm water in an amount of 10 liters,
- then the composition should be thoroughly mixed and add in small portions 100 g of crushed tar soap,
- Now the tool is ready, and it can be used for garden processing. If necessary, it can be repeated after 10-12 days. However, this can only be done before flowering.
Processing the garden in spring before and during the flowering process
Treating shrubs trees can be, until the buds began to bloom. This will help not only prevent them from being harmed by the apple codling moths, but also reduce risk of scab and blotch. To prepare the solution, you can use "Karbofoks". To do this, take 70 g of the drug and diluted in 10 liters of water at room temperature. However, if trees and shrubs have already begun to bloom, then such a treatment cannot be done.
Re-processing of fruit trees can be carried out at the end of the flowering period. It is necessary to reduce the likelihood of infection of trees and shrubs in the next season, as well as increasing the resistance of plantings to diseases.
Usually, the inflorescences bloom at the moment when ticks appear that have successfully endured winter. Coping with them can help. colloidal sulfur: to prepare the solution, you need to take 80 grams of 70% of the drug and dilute it in 10 liters of soapy water. It is very important that this treatment is carried out in a timely manner, otherwise all your cultures will suffer as a result of the invasion of ticks.
Spring processing of the garden from pests and diseases during the appearance of ovaries
During the final stage of spring processing, the main task that must be solved is to ensure the protection of the fruits of the new crop from putrefactive diseases and the pests that managed to survive. However, it is first recommended to inspect the plantations to determine if there are visible enemies on the trees and shrubs. After all, if you use chemicals that have a strong effect, then in addition to the destruction of insects, you can cause significant damage to the ovary.
As a preparation for spraying fruit trees, the choice can be stopped on copper oxychloride, Bordeaux mixture, carbamide. It is also allowed to use and combined drugs with universal application. However, the treatment should be carried out at optimum humidity. Otherwise, there is a possibility that after spraying the leaves will get serious burns.
Useful tips from experienced gardeners
Spring garden processing does not imply strict rules for its implementation. However, there are important nuances, considering which you can most effectively perform this work.
Spraying procedure. If you want to completely destroy pests and diseases, then you should treat each part of trees and bushes with a working solution, for example, copper sulphate. Usually this work begins with the crown, then move to the branches, and in the end process the trunk and soil in the root zone.
Time and conditions of work. It is best to engage in spring garden processing in the early morning. It is advisable to choose for this job a dry, windless day, during which no precipitation is expected. In this case, after treatment, the solution will be immediately absorbed and will quickly act. As a result, you will be sure that the leaves and inflorescences will not be affected.
Calculate the amount of solution. The results of spring garden processing can be different. If it is important for you not only to destroy pests and diseases, but also not to harm trees and shrubs, then you need to correctly determine the rate of consumption of the drug. You can find out if you look at the instructions for a particular tool. Knowing this, it will be easy for you to understand how many chemicals are required.
- the processing of one young tree takes about 1.5 liters of solution,
- for an adult - 5.5 liters.
For spraying the bushes may require a different amount of solution - from 0.6 to 1.5 liters. More precisely, how much liquid is needed, you can, knowing the size of the crown.
Experienced gardeners know how to get a good harvest. To do this, they regularly process the garden. And they begin to engage in this business in the spring. The importance of this event is difficult to overestimate, because it directly depends on how well trees and shrubs will be protected from pests and diseases. Knowing exactly which drugs and when it is better to use, even a beginner summer resident can count on the fact that at the end of the season the garden will bestow it with many delicious and healthy fruits.