If you want to have some unusual and bright plant in your backyard, we recommend you turn your attention to the barberry. This extraordinarily beautiful shrub, besides its spectacular appearance, is distinguished by unpretentiousness, and a large variety of varieties expands the possibilities of its use in landscape design almost indefinitely. In this article we will tell about the barberry Aurea. For the first time the variety was described by the Swedish scientist K. Thunberg.
Barberry Aurea: Description
It is a dwarf shrub with a compact, wide-round crown, fairly long annual growths and leaves of a lemon-yellow saturated color. The crown of an adult plant has a diameter of up to 1 m, its height is about 0.8 m. The bush grows rather slowly. Yellow-green young shoots have single spikes of the same color. The leaves are small, almost rounded or spatulate, elegant. Their length is 1-3 cm. In the autumn in sunny areas they can acquire an orange-yellow tone. By the end of the summer a little green, autumn color - yellowish-orange.
Flowering and ripening fruits
Barberry Aurea blooms in May with small, inconspicuous, whitish, delicate flowers that are collected in bunches. In late September, numerous bright red shiny fruits ripen on the branches in winter ripen.
Barberry Aurea - light-loving plant, but can tolerate partial shade. But the leaves then lose their bright color, begin to turn green and acquire a lemon-yellow color. In the bright sun barberry also should not be planted, as the leaves burn.
Despite the fact that it is a drought-resistant and heat-resistant plant, young bushes need to be watered once a week.
Barberry Aurea is undemanding to soil fertility, but most prefers alkaline soil. The plant is able to tolerate urban conditions, is resistant to diseases and pests. Bushes are winter-hardy, but the tops of annual shoots often freeze slightly. The first 2-3 years of the barberry Aurea (photo of the plant is attached) must be covered with spruce leaves for the winter. Requires pruning undeveloped shoots.
Reproduction and planting rules
Barberry Aurea propagated by cuttings, grafting, seeds, dividing the bush and layering. The most simple ways: seed and grafting. Seeds before sowing are stratified: they are buried in a bag and placed in wet sawdust or moss. So they persist until April-May at a temperature of 3-5 ° C, then they are planted on a bed or in a greenhouse. Also, seeds can be sown in the fall. Saplings planted in early spring or autumn. In the spring of old bushes need to thin out. When arranging green hedges, pruning is done the next year after planting. In the future, pruning is carried out twice a year: in early June and in the first decade of August.
Planting is recommended in sunny places with drained soil. After disembarking, mulching is performed. Fertilizers begin to do a year after planting. In the spring, nitrogen fertilizers are applied, then the bushes are fertilized once every three to four years.
General characteristics of the varieties of barberry Thunberg
The shrub barberry of Thunberg has a large variety of decorative forms and varieties. The most popular of them are:
- Atropurpurea Nana,
- Golden Ring,
- Green Carpet,
This species of barberry, depending on the variety, has green, yellow or purple foliage and arcuately deviated branches with thin single spines. The flowering period lasts from May to June. The fruits ripen in autumn and often do not fall until the end of winter.
Thunberg barberry varieties are quite unpretentious in terms of soil, they tolerate heat and drought perfectly. However, they do not grow well in wetlands, and where groundwater is close. They grow this type of barberry in the sunlit places, and some varieties are in partial shade. The shrub is easily restored after frost, but it is desirable to cover young plants for the winter. One of the advantages of the species is resistance to fungal diseases.
Typically, the varieties of barberry Thunberg used in gardens and parks as hedges and borders for zoning, to create decorative groups and in single plantings. This type of barberry is great for creating a Japanese garden, and is also used to anchor the banks of irrigation systems.
Barberry Thunberg Atropurpurea Nan
Red-leaved variety, dwarf form of barberry Atropurpurea. Main characteristics:
- adult bushes grow at a height of about 61 cm and a width of not more than 91 cm, the crown is compact, pillow,
- in summer, the foliage has a purple color, with the arrival of autumn it changes its color and becomes bright red,
- in the spring (April - May) the barberry of Thunberg Atropurpurea Nana is hung with small yellow flowers,
- fruits are rich red, glossy, ripen in October and remain on the branches even in winter,
- good frost resistance
- loves sunny location
- It is usually used in single plantings, decorative groups, rockeries and for creating borders.
For planting, it is recommended to purchase acclimatized saplings of the barberry of Thunberg Atropurpurea Nan, grown in a plastic container with fertilizers. Because in the process of digging a seedling out of the ground, damage to the roots is possible, which can adversely affect the further development of the plant.
Barberry Toonberg Golden Ring
Tall variety with a unique color. Main characteristics:
- in height and width the bush reaches 2–3 m, the crown is branched, spreading,
- dark purple foliage has a thin yellow-green border, and with the arrival of autumn leaves become saturated-red,
- in the spring (May), the Thunderberg barberry Golden Ring is decorated with small yellow inflorescences,
- fruits are coral-red, glossy, ripen in October,
- winter hardiness at a grade is high,
- grows well in the sunlit areas, and in the shade disappears decorative sheet,
- great for landscape compositions, hedges, and also used as a tapeworm, it cuts well.
Barberry Toonberga Golden Ring is prone to the defeat of barberry aphids. To prevent bushes from damage, in the spring it is necessary to carry out preventive spraying of plants with insecticides.
Barberry Thunberg Aurea
Low-growing yellow-leaf barberry variety. Main characteristics:
- bushes grow to 0.8 m in height and 1 m in width, the crown is compact, rounded,
- the variety is characterized by yellow foliage with a soft golden shade, with the arrival of autumn it becomes yellowish-orange,
- the flowering of the barberry of Thunberg Aurea begins in May, the flowers are golden yellow, gathered into neat inflorescences,
- fruits are rich red, ripen in September and keep on the branches throughout the winter,
- has good frost resistance
- shrub foliage quickly shrinks and falls under the influence of direct sunlight, and in the shade the color of the leaves becomes light green, so it is recommended to plant it in partial shade,
- it is applied in single landings and decorative groups, for creation of borders and hedges.
The barberry of Thunberg Aurea can be planted near dark junipers and blue spruces. Thanks to the original bright yellow color of foliage, it will look impressively against this background.
Barberry Thunberg Bagatel
Decorative dwarf shrub. Main characteristics:
- bush height and diameter of the crown a maximum of 40 cm, the crown is dense, pillow,
- in summer, the leaves are crimson-red, in autumn they acquire a bright red color,
- the barberry of Thunberg Bagatel begins to bloom in May, the flowers are white, sometimes with a yellowish tinge,
- fruits are rich red, ripen in October and hold on throughout the winter,
- has good winter hardiness
- the variety is light-requiring and drought tolerant,
- used to create miniature borders, design of alpine slides, balconies and terraces, looks great in all flower beds.
If this variety is planted in the shade, it can lose its original leaf color and become greenish. Therefore, for a more intense color barberry Thunberg Bagatel desirable to plant in the sun.
Barberry Thunberg Green Carpet
Middle Dutch variety. Main characteristics:
- bushes grow to a height of 1 m, the diameter of the crown is 1.5 m, the crown is compact, round,
- in summer, the foliage is light green, with the arrival of autumn it becomes bright red,
- the flowering of the barberry of Thunberg Green Carpet begins in May, the flowers are yellow, gathered in small racemes,
- fruits are glossy, coral-colored, ripen in September,
- good frost resistance
- recommended location in the sun, does not like shade, heat and drought-resistant,
- variety looks great in combination with deciduous and coniferous shrubs with different colors and the shape of crowns, used in single, group plantings and as a ground cover plant.
It is recommended to plant the barberry of Thunberg Green Carpet in spring or autumn. If the planting is single, then the gap between the bushes should be at least 1.5 m. And when creating a hedge it is necessary to dig a trench and arrange the plants for 2 bushes on 1 running. m
Barberry Thunberg Kobold
Low-growing densely branched variety. Main characteristics:
- the height of the bush and the diameter of the crown does not exceed 50 cm, the crown is cushion-shaped, compact,
- in the summer period, the leaves are a dark green color, with the arrival of autumn turns into golden yellow or bright red,
- the flowering of the barberry of Thunberg Kobold begins in May, the yellow flowers are gathered into neat inflorescences,
- fruits are glossy, pink or red, ripen in September,
- good winter hardiness
- light-requiring, dislikes the shadow,
- it is used in group plantings, garden and park trees and shrubs, to create borders and design alpine slides, it can be cut and trimmed well.
In the second year after planting, the barberry Thunberg Kobold is recommended to be fed with nitrogen fertilizers. Subsequent feeding is carried out every 3-4 years.
With the help of barberry bushes you can create interesting and unique landscape compositions. A large number of different varieties of barberry Thunberg allows you to choose the appropriate color of foliage and the desired height. A simple agrotechnology makes it easy and fun to take care of shrubs.
Application in landscape design
Barberry - a unique culture of decorative qualities. In landscape design it is used everywhere:
Flat rock arias and rock gardens - an excellent “place of residence” for low-growing shrubs. For this purpose, a miniature copy of perennial, not more than 50 cm in height. Ideally combined with another popular element - needles, it softens the accents and becomes a smooth transition from slope to top. A wide palette of colors (red, purple, yellow, green hues) is perfectly combined with many other representatives of the flora, forming a bright contrast. Depending on the goals, the barberry can play the role of a background plant or dominant. In a Japanese-style garden, a shrub easily replaces a small-leaved azalea. In compositions with tall plants, it performs the function of a bright edge. The leaves, varied in shape and color, look incredibly beautiful in autumn. So stony gardens do not lose their presentable appearance, and become even brighter and more beautiful.
From the temperature drop, the leaves of some species can change several times in a row, which makes the composition extraordinary and does not make you bored. And juicy fragrant fruits add color to the garden and attract flocks of birds. The courtyard filled with sonorous chirping seems to come to life Arbaris - an excellent way to create an impassable barrier in front of the lawn. He will scare away everyone who wants to walk on the emerald grass. The fence can be cut regularly, but the free-growing vegetation fence is also beautiful. Modeling is easy, a great platform for the realization of the ideas of topiary. The barbed structure will turn the garden into a secluded place, hidden from prying eyes. After all, due to the dense growth to get through it is difficult.
Certain varieties of barberry create scenes and emphasis in the composition. Thanks to the ease of care and modeling, it can be formed in almost any shape. Popular and the use of several varieties at the same time. Varietal and species diversity allows you to choose exactly the "company" that harmoniously fit into the overall landscape of the suburban area. The barberry product range has many representatives that are not similar to each other: different size, color and performing different functions in landscape design.
A bright and unpretentious tapeworm is the perfect solution for a small garden. By planting a barberry in a single landing on the background of a lawn or at home you can get a good entry into the style of the manor. Shrub allows it to look organic and extraordinary. Small inflorescences of plants have a soft and unobtrusive aroma, it is permissible to plant the plants in front of the windows or the entrance to the house. In the shade the shrub has a more greenish shade of leaves. This feature will not overshadow the other plants.
An impassable barbed hedge made of barberry is also used to zoning a plot. Picking up several varieties with different colors they are planted at a distance of half a meter from each other. Adult plants are shaped like a ball, a diamond or a rectangle. Also, two or more species are planted in the form of a geometric figure. What gives the plot originality and symmetry. Such compositions are planted on the banks of reservoirs. The combination with bright plants is picturesquely reflected in the water.
Compatibility with other plants
Barberry - a great neighbor. Its frequent use in mixborders is justified by the change in leaf color throughout the year and high decorative effect. In the fall, the shrub beautifully harmonizes with asters, chrysanthemums and septibrines. "Queen" of autumn beds, against the background of barberry, look even more tender and graceful. Speaking in the background, it still remains a noticeable and important element of the flower garden.
Planting a barberry as a hedge is often combined with other flowering shrubs: lilac, jasmine, wisteria and others. Skillfully combining varieties, taking into account their growth and biological characteristics, gardeners create bright living obstacles. Flowering which begins in the spring and ends in late autumn. Such use of barberry keeps the garden structure, fills it with color and volume.
Often used in landscape design a combination of barberry with conifers: spruce, thuja, juniper, etc. Against the background of emerald green or blue-blue needles, the barberry looks especially bright and aristocratic. Red, golden yellow and burgundy leaves become an important accent in conifer mixborder, preventing the composition from turning into one continuous spot.
Barber's neighborhood is detrimental to walnut, cherry, white acacia, poplar, and elderberry. Isolation of the root system of these crops and their fallen leaves suppressing the shrub and impedes growth and development.
Seed propagation. First, healthy and ripe berries are selected, from which seeds are removed. Seeds should be thoroughly washed and treated with a solution of manganese, then dried. Sowing in open land is carried out as follows:
- Furrows with a depth of no more than three centimeters are made in the soil, seeds are placed in them and sprinkled with sand.
- From above, you should put a layer of mulch and branches of the branch.
- In spring, the boll is removed, the bed is covered with greenhouse film.
Thunberg rises slowly, but amicably, out of ten seeds germinate about seven pieces.
Seeding is possible in the springIn this case, it is necessary to first make for the seeds the time of winter for the seeds - put the material in a container with calcined, but cooled earth, and put it in the refrigerator for at least three months. Planting to produce by the above method, seedlings appear by the end of June. With the appearance of these leaves, you can pick out the plants, and a year later put in a permanent place of growth.
In order to grow a shrub with cuttings, you should choose young healthy twigs one year old, the cutting length should be at least fifteen centimeters. Cuttings are taken in June and planted in a greenhouse. Another option is to cut the stalk in the spring, even before the time of bud swelling, and place it in the refrigerator. When setting warm weather, the stalk is planted in the ground. If the branches are cut in the fall, then until spring they should be stored in a box with earth placed in a cool place (cellar, refrigerator). It is better if the cuttings are stored vertically, the storage temperature is about zero degrees.
Reproduction by a layer is as follows. First you need to choose a suitable healthy escape, dig up the soil under it, apply fertilizer, dig again. Make a little pit deep twenty or thirty centimeters, bend the selected shoot and secure it in the pit with a wire pin, sprinkle it with soil on top. После того, как произойдет укоренение (осенью), побег отсаживается.
Один из самых простых способов размножения является деление. It is necessary to choose an overgrown bush and dig it. Then you should carefully divide the mother bush into two or more parts and spread out. With a highly developed root coma, it is permissible to cut it.
To Barberry Thunberg Aurea was healthy and grew well, you must comply with the following rules of care:
- Weekly abundant watering. The volume of watering for each bush is about twenty liters.
- For the winter period, it is recommended to cover the tops of the bushes for the first two years in order to avoid their freezing.
- It is advisable to carry out the spring mulching of the land near the plant
- Top dressing should be limited, no more than two times per season. Begin to feed the barberry on reaching three years. In the spring, it will be good to water the plant with urea, in the fall to apply mineral fertilizer containing phosphorus.
- In the spring, you need to carry out sanitary pruning of dried and old branches. Healthy shoots are cut ten centimeters shears. The bush is molded in the middle of summer.
For barberry Thunberg Aurea variety is characterized by the following types diseases:
- Mealy dew. This is a fungal disease that affects foliage and plant shoots. Symptom - the appearance of a thick white bloom. For prevention, it is necessary to treat the bushes with ready-made preparations with a sulfur content, the affected shoots should be removed.
- Shrinking. Fungal infection affecting the bark of the branches. It is necessary to completely remove the sick shoots, then the infection will not spread to the entire bush.
- Barberry aphid. When this pest attacks, the leaves of the barberry dry up and fall off; the buds on the shoots do not develop. In preventive measures, in early spring, plants should be treated with a strong solution of washing soap or tobacco extract.
Beautiful and original barberry Thunberg finds many uses in the landscape of the site. It will decorate a rock garden and a flower garden, and it will also look good near an artificial reservoir. Often formed barberry bushes are used as a living fence or curbs, and when combining different varieties it is possible to create very bright and unusual compositions.
Barberry Thunberg Aurea - quite unpretentious ornamental plant. The unusual color of its leaves and the beauty of the fruit allow you to use the plant to create your own unique interior on the site. That is why fans of original garden solutions should pay attention to this variety and be sure to use it in the creation of garden compositions.
Varietal description of the plant
The Latin name for deciduous shrubs sounds like aurea, which means "golden". Foliage of culture seems to be lit by the sun due to the yellow color, which is replaced by orange in the fall. Agronomists distinguish several varietal characteristics of the species:
- crown compactness (up to 1.5 m in diameter),
- slow growth
- the presence of thorns on the branches,
- bloom from April to May,
- fruiting in autumn, the berries remain even in winter.
The plant has a good winter hardiness (class A-5), which makes possible its cultivation in the conditions of the domestic climate. For the period of wintering young annual shoots are recommended to wrap in order to avoid freezing.
Preferences to the ground and the place of landing
For the barberry characteristic tolerance of sunny places. Partial shading is allowed, but with strong shading, the decorative appearance of the crown is lost. Landing is performed on fresh alkaline soils with drainage in urban and country conditions. Some agronomists say that this variety is exposed to sunburn from the spring and recommend planting it in small penumbra.
When planting you need to loosen the soil and not pereuvlazhnyat. Places with possible stagnation of groundwater should be avoided. To protect against freezing, it is recommended to plant Aurea in areas protected from wind exposure.
Features of growing
Culture can be propagated by cuttings, dividing the root system, seeds, cuttings and layering. Professional gardeners do shoots. When working with plants of different types, you need to consider a number of nuances:
- forming a hedge, try to keep the distance between the cuttings. Dense bush wall provides for planting 4-5 crops per 1 meter of length, and free-growing - 2 cuttings per 1 m,
- container bushes are transplanted with a clod of earth that is watered abundantly,
- stratification is carried out before seeding. Seeds should be placed in a nylon or cotton fabric and bury in fur or sawdust. The material is stored at a temperature of up to +5 degrees from April to May, and then landed in a garden bed. Autumn planting involves placing seeds with a 2–3 cm soil recess.
Planting in the autumn is carried out after the leaves fall, and spring - after the snow melts.
How to plant a barberry?
The algorithm for planting the barberry variety Aurea is as follows:
- Prepared ground. The acidity required for the culture (6 - 7.5%) is achieved by introducing sand, compost and sod into the soil, mixed in equal parts. For the deoxidation of the land using 200 g of ash or 300 g of lime in 1 bush.
- Transplantation to a permanent place is carried out when the escape reaches the age of 3 years.
- In the previously fertilized and loosened soil a hole is dug, recessed 0.5 m. The width of the ditch should be 40 m.
- A substrate of humus (1 part), turf (2 parts) and sand (1 part) is placed at the bottom of the depression.
- Drainage is organized, after which a seedling is placed in the ground, buried, compacted and well watered.
The best place for barberry saplings is light partial shade. Restricting access to sunlight to the plant leads to a loss of crown brightness. Because of the strong sun, the bark of the plant burns to brown.
Barberry Aurea - winter-hardy, therefore successful for central Russia. Plant care activities are as follows:
- the tops of annuals often freeze slightly, so they are covered in the first 3 years after planting.
- fertilizing contribute to the third year of disembarkation. In the spring they sprinkle the near-stem circle with urea (20 g per 10 liters of water), and in August they fertilize it with calcium and phosphorus. A one-time feeding is allowed in early spring with complex preparations once every three years.
- despite the drought tolerance of the crop, it needs to be watered weekly. Bring about 1-2 buckets of water into the soil of the circle wheel.
- Mulching is carried out in springtime by treating the near-barrel space with wood ash. The procedure allows you to save a larger percentage of water, to prevent the appearance of weeds.
- Sanitary pruning is relevant in the spring - the old branches are completely removed, and the shoots are shortened to 10 cm. The branches are cut almost 50%. Adult bushes are molded in June and August.
Soil loosening is one of the caring activities in which the root system of the shrub is saturated with oxygen and nutrients.
The barberry variety Aurea has a spectacular decorative appearance, used to create a rocky garden. As an element of the flower garden creates a beautiful accent, and the combination with other varieties allows you to create a colorful hedge.
Winter-hardy culture with yellow leaves puts the background and contrasting accents, planted along the edge of high beds, at the foot of the trees. The picturesque barberry is easy to cultivate if you know its varietal characteristics and nuances of disembarkation.
Barberry in landscaping garden
Landscape art was enriched by the inclusion of barberry bushes in the landscape as early as the 18th century. To this day, the species is used in different landscape styles, having numerous varieties with a wide range of colors of leaves and crown shapes. Breeders continue to work on the breeding of new plants with original colors, more resistant to fungal diseases. Any landscape with barberry is enlivened, regardless of the color of the bush. Gardeners are often attracted by the versatility in design, thanks to the variety of varieties, and the all-season decorativeness of all plant species.
Barberry in gardens and parks used for successful landscape finds, pursuing various goals:
- most often create hedges around the perimeter of the site or for its zoning,
- allocate tracks borders of low-growing varieties,
- contrastingly framing lawns with reddish leaves with barberries,
- include as an element of rock gardens, rockeries, rosaries, mixborders or flower beds, especially with flowers that bloom in autumn,
- use a bush with a rich unusual shade of leaves, as a soliter for creating a spectacular accent on the lawn or on the shore of the reservoir,
- planted as an edge in front of a group of tall decorative deciduous or coniferous trees,
- operating with differences in the relief of a specific area and the presence of a powerful superficial root system in a species with a strong central core, the bushes are placed on the slopes to strengthen them.
A single tall barberry in landscape design, as in the photo, looks impressive against the background of grassy greens, on a gravelbed or surrounded by low colors.
In stony gardens, varieties are also planted with a low cushion-shaped or rounded crown, as well as for oriental-style landscape design. Shrub is chosen in proportion to the size of the surrounding forms.
For the decoration and accentuation of garden paths, a magnificent landscape solution - borders of low-growing barberries with a spherical crown. You can try to create a round crown on the bush, which is well tolerated pruning. Successful placement of decorative barberry in landscape design will give the garden individuality and charm.
Advantages of hedge barberry
Shrub with densely growing shoots, equipped with spikes 1-2 cm long in different species, is great as a fence, enlivening the landscape. An impressive wall is made of tall varieties planted at a distance of 40-50 cm.
For garden zoning, design masters recommend planting small bushes with red leaves, often using the principle of contrast. Such fencing decorations look better trimmed.
The living wall of barberry has undeniable advantages:
- undemanding drought-resistant shrub to the soil and natural phenomena,
- compactness of a plant
- frost resistance
- height options from 0.5 to 2.5 m,
- the plasticity of the bush that can easily be formed when shearing, combined with different components of landscape design,
- All-season decorative,
- simple breeding.
Some of the owners of the dacha plots barberry is not in high esteem due to the presence of thorns, which complicates the care of a spectacular element of landscape design. Another feature of the barberry species is the high susceptibility to fungal diseases, rust and powdery mildew. Shrubs of this type must be treated with fungicides. Resistant to pathogens colorful varieties of barberry Thunberg. It is necessary to take note of the fact that over time the plant spreads itself, dispersed by seeds. Sprouts, it is desirable to remove, so as not to litter the area.
Barberry Thunberg Kelleriis
It is believed that the favorite of the organizers of landscape design was derived in Denmark on the basis of the barberries of Thunberg and Ottawa. On the prickly, flexible shoots forming a rounded crown, variegated leaves grow — irregular white stripes against a green background. The variety is tall, up to 2-3 m, for the year an increase of up to 20 cm. Marble leaves become pink-chestnut in the fall.
Barberry Thunberg Maria
A bright shrub with upright shoots up to 1.5 m in height. The columnar crown impresses with its yellow-golden color of leaves, which in September acquire an orange hue. Planted in a sunny place, in the shade the intensity of the color decreases. Demanding to watering, well developed in moderately moistened soil. Drought tolerates poor, frost resistant. Yellow barberry in landscape design is used for ornamental hedges, in rocky gardens, in flowerbeds.
The subtleties of care for the barberry hedge
The soil near the young plants are systematically loosened, weeds are removed. They irrigate 2 times a month. Most of the varieties of barberry tolerate short-term drought, although they look more luxuriant with regular watering. Feed up 2 times per season with complex preparations for ornamental shrubs. Adult plants lack one spring feeding.
For convenient trimming, a hedge is placed so that it can be accessed from both sides. Photos of hedges from different barberries look great, but when you create it take into account how much the same requirements of the varieties to the soil and the location, other characteristics.
To start pruning only in tight gloves, given the presence of thorns. Be sure to remove old shoots, cutting them off the ground. Such care will ensure uniform development of the bush, which is important for the appearance of the barberry in the landscape. Pruning removes excessive thickening, which can lead to the development of diseases. A haircut in summer will make the fence more expressive, since it is on young shoots that the characteristic signs of the variety appear. Depending on the style of landscape design, the barberry can not be cut, but you need to carry out trimming for a neat look of the bush.
In the spring and summer, care includes treatment of bushes with fungicides or conventional copper-based preparations for the prevention of fungal diseases. Spray also the soil under the bushes. The last treatment is carried out in early September.
Rules of combination with other plants
Barberry bushes in landscape design are well combined with other garden crops:
- tall trees, whose bushes create tamping,
- coniferous, thujas, junipers and cypress to revitalize the compositions,
- flowering shrubs
- roses, bush asters, chrysanthemums,
- low flowers on the rock garden.