At the end of the twentieth century, the Siberian healers turned their attention to the healing properties of Indian onions or the Orchithus (Ornithógalum). Since then, it has gained widespread popularity. Several species of bulbous plants are threatened with destruction. Therefore, they were listed in the Red Book of the Russian Federation.
Description of a flowering plant
Ornithohalum belongs to the perennial plants of the Asparagaceae family. Historical homeland is considered to be South America. In Russia, the species was introduced to the Leningrad Botanical Institute from Germany. The name of the Indian onion was given by the association of burning milky juice with Indian spices, and not by the geographical area of growth.
The ornamental plant has a stem in the form of a bulb located above the top layer of soil. The leaves are long, flat as they grow, change their position, fall down, twisting at the ends. The color is dark green with a yellow stripe in the center. The biennial produces an arrow framed in small white or creamy inflorescences.
Indian onions closeup
Cultivation of Indian onions occurs in greenhouses or in residential areas. Does not require increased attention. Comfortably feels on the north windows and in the back of the room. Watering moderate as the topsoil dries. For the summer, the poultry bird is taken out into the open air or transplanted into the ground. In the winter return to the room.
The composition of Indian onions
In traditional medicine, Ornithohalum has not found application, it is not in the reference books of medicinal herbs. For traditional healers, biologically active substances are valuable, composed of leaves and seeds:
- essential oil,
- organic acids,
- type of glycosides
- alkaloid group (colchicine, thiocolchicine, colchicoside).
The medical value of the plant, the presence of alkaloids in the composition. But they are not enough to interest the pharmacological industry in Indian onions as raw materials.
Useful and healing properties
Traditional medicine uses an ornamental plant, as a component of ointments, tinctures on water and alcohol-based, for external use. Ornithógalum juice contains an antibiotic, it has an antiseptic and antibacterial effect. It has an analgesic effect. Active substances, penetrating through the epidermis, relieve inflammation and relieve pain. Applied to:
- With hematomas and fractures.
- From rheumatic pains in the joints (polyarthritis, arthritis).
- To accelerate the regeneration of damaged tissues.
- As an antibacterial agent in inflammatory processes.
- In the complex treatment of sciatica and osteochondrosis.
- To relieve itching and redness in the area affected by insects.
- With varicose veins and neoplasms associated with HPV (papillomas, warts), foot fungus.
Alkaloids relieve swelling, prevent the formation of malignant tumors. When applied to the skin, expand the walls of the capillaries, help to improve blood flow to the problem area.
When cutting leaves, Indian onions will not suffer, and there will be enough raw materials for dosage forms (ointments, tinctures).
Contraindications for use
Apply funds based on Ornithohalum, taking into account that onions are toxic, it is necessary with caution. With a number of factors, treatment is not acceptable. These include:
- bleeding gums, the remedy will worsen their condition,
- hemophilia, excessive blood flow will affect the walls of blood vessels,
- pregnancy and lactation,
To test the tolerance of the body on alkaloids, it is necessary to apply the plant sap on the inside of the elbow bend. After two hours, check the test result. If the surface of the skin does not change, the result is negative. When:
Growing Indian onions in flat conditions
Use Indian onions as a medicine is not permissible.
With long-term use of funds, based on plants, colchicine, penetrating through the skin, can cause a decrease in leukocytes (leukopenia). The course should not exceed 30 days.
After using ointments or tinctures, hands should be washed thoroughly with soap. If the components of the plant come into contact with the conjunctiva (mucous membrane of the eye), rinse with water.
The use of onions in traditional medicine at home
Thanks to the therapeutic elements in the composition of the poultry, folk healers use all parts of the ornamental plant. If an onion is needed for cooking, the plant will die. Apply for treatment not only means, but also pure juice.
The Indian onion has been effective in treating bruises and hematomas. Influencing peripheral vessels, improves the metabolic process between the blood and damaged tissues. Removes swelling and characteristic pigmentation.
For the analgesic effect, Ornithohalum is used in complex therapy for stretching muscles or ligaments. Cures pain syndrome of neuralgic nature (sciatica), with the deposition of salts (osteochondrosis, polyarthritis).
For the preparation of medicines from Indian onions, taken "adult" plant. The optimal concentration of active substances is achieved in 2 years. In the manufacture of tinctures, it is desirable to consider that colchicine is poorly soluble in alcohol. Therefore, the tool is water-based, will be many times more toxic.
Do not use metal objects when working with poultry. Take care of rubber gloves. If household appliances (mixer, blender, meat grinder) were used, it is recommended to treat it with a disinfectant and wash it with hot water.
Substance for compress
Crushed leaves to the formation of gruel. It is used for compresses on the back or joints with radiculitis and rheumatism. The procedure will help get rid of the pain. In order to avoid chemical burns, the substance is applied on a gauze napkin, then put on the problem area.
The following method is also suitable for compress. The juice is squeezed out from the crushed leaves and stored in a glass container for 4 days. Used as an application or compress for neuralgic diseases and salt deposition.
Substance for Indian Compress
For the preparation you will need a sheet of Indian onion 15-25 centimeters long. It is crushed, placed in a thermos and poured boiling water (1 liter). Allow to infuse within 2 hours.
On the basis of alcohol is prepared as follows:
- bulb with arrow or leaves is crushed,
- poured into a plastic or glass container with a liter of ethanol,
- aged at a moderate temperature for 21 days.
On the basis of kerosene effectively acts with radiculitis. Ingredients:
- leaves of the plant (a total of 45-50 centimeters long),
- 200 grams of pure kerosene,
- 250 grams of oil (sunflower, olive, mustard).
It is placed in a glass jar, hermetically sealed, infused at a temperature of 25 degrees for 2 weeks. Periodically the contents are shaken.
Indian Bow Infusion
Ointments are used to treat joint pathologies and wound healing with purulent formation. The basis will be animal fat from sheep wool (lanolin), 45 ml will be needed. Add 2.5 tablespoons of honey and gruel from the leaf of a plant.
For the following ointment recipe you will need:
- 2 egg yolks,
- 3 tablespoons sea buckthorn oil,
- a piece of beeswax, measuring 5: 2 centimeters,
- 1 spoon of kerosene,
- 2 spoons of plant juice.
Observe the cooking sequence. In boiling oil, wax dissolves. After the composition has cooled down, kerosene, Indian onion juice, and finally, yolks is added. After stirring, the mass is ready for use.
Indian Onion Gel
Ornitogalum decoctions, used less frequently, they are not as effective. Cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes (1.5 liters of water, 25 cm sheet). When it cools, you can apply.
As well as any folk remedy, the medicine made from the Umbilia bird is recommended to be used in combination with traditional therapy, after consulting a doctor. Given that the juice contains toxic substances in room conditions, flower pots should be placed out of the reach of children and pets.
It is believed that Indian onions are from South Africahowever, it is found in India itself, in China, and even in a number of European countries.
It is known that he has a large number of valuable qualities, many even consider him a sacred plant. There are many recipes for tinctures, decoctions and other folk remedies, some of them were known many centuries ago and passed down from generation to generation.
The plant is not limited to use in traditional medicine, in many countries it used as follows:
- in feng shui - it is believed that this plant attracts success in everything, happiness and profit,
- in floristics.
In Russia, this plant is not particularly known, but many recipes of traditional medicine based on it really save for a number of ailments.
Indian onions: healing properties and application
If you believe the official medicine, then it does not have official data about the healing properties of Indian onions. This plant is not included in the list of medicinal plants. However, despite this, it is widespread in traditional medicine.
But remember that Indian onions are safe for humans only under external use. Each part of it is useful in its own way, healing properties usually appear after the first year of growth. The maximum concentration of useful components in the plant is observed at the beginning of flowering, but for the treatment it is possible to use its leaves and pieces of the onion fruit even earlier. Medicinal properties are in the mucus, which is released from the bulbs, leaves and arrows.
Indian onion is having analgesic and antiseptic action, the active substances in it contribute to the improvement of blood flow to certain areas. Indian onion remedies are of the form:
These funds act quickly on the body.
As the main plant used maternal bulb, giving offspring in the future. However, small bulbs and sprouts also have healing properties.
In case you take a large onionit is recommended to apply larger leaves for treatment, even if there are noticeable dried-up areas on them. Freshly cut part of the leaf, even a small one, is suitable for local use. It can rub the sore area and the pain will go away in just a few minutes, but this may be accompanied by a slight tingling. The leaves can be both old and dried, they will have even more useful properties than in young ones.
But remember that it contains toxic substances, respectively, the treatment should be careful and attentive. It is strictly forbidden to use onions inside, and when you cook tinctures or decoctions from onions, then strictly follow the recommendations indicated in the recipes.
To determine whether the use of plants in the treatment, it is possible the first time. So, if you feel a slight tingling or burning sensation after smearing the affected area with juice, then the plant will be useful, and if you do not feel anything, there will be no sense. All this is due to the fact that it has a healing property to strengthen blood flow in the area of use.
The juice of the plant in the form of tinctures, tinctures and others help to relieve pain in such ailments as:
In this case, the action will be as effective as when using expensive ointments or gels.
But if you have a sore throat, headaches or acute respiratory infections, the remedy will only help relieve symptoms, but full treatment is possible only in combination with other drugs. In addition, onions are good for insect bites, herpes and other symptoms.
Recipes of traditional medicine
As already mentioned, many serious diseases are treated with this remedy only in combination with pharmaceutical preparations. There are a large number of medicinal tinctures, lotions, decoctions based on this plant. Some recipes are presented below.
To make a healing tincturewill require arrows, leaves and bulb. Crush everything, it's better to tear the leaves with your hands, and not to chop with a knife. Put all the prepared parts into a glass container, then fill with one to four vodka or alcohol. Best to take 70 percent alcohol.
Capacity tightly close, put in a dark cool place and maintain the tincture there for at least 2-3 weeks. Shake it from time to time. When ready, the tincture should be drained and poured into a clean bottle or jar that can be tightly closed.
The resulting tincture can be used to rub the aching joints, spine or bruises. To prevent burns too sensitive skin, tincture can be diluted slightly with water.
Compresses and decoctions
Infusion for compresses should be prepared in an enamel or ceramic container in the following way:
- we take some leaves
- put them in a clean container
- pour boiled water at room temperature. Recommended proportion: 1 part of leaves to 10 parts of liquid,
- sometimes the leaves are squeezed out with the infusion directly into the dishes,
- Insist content for at least 12 hours.
It is also possible to prepare the infusion in a water bath for 10 minutes or brew some onions right in the mug, but the water should not be too hot.
Ready infusion rub sore areasIt is also used for lotions and compresses.
A decoction of this tool will be stronger and more effective than tincture. The leaves should be finely chopped and put in an enamel pan. Let them stand overnight, bring everything to a boil in the morning and cool. Ready decoction use for the treatment of tumors and rheumatism.
Recipes for various ailments
With various diseases The following recipes are recommended:
- with a headache, the pulp is rubbed into the occipital or temporal region,
- with toothache, fresh juice is rubbed into the gums next to the bad teeth. But you need to be very careful that the poisonous milk of the plant does not fall where it is not needed. When bleeding gums means onion-based can not be used,
- at a cold, fresh juice is rubbed into the nose or the maxillary sinuses,
- with tonsillitis and sore throat several times a day, it is necessary to perform a medical rinse with a decoction of onions. Try not to swallow the funds. This remedy is contraindicated in children
- in case of joint diseases, osteochondrosis of the neck and spine, rubbing of fresh juice, ointment and alcohol tincture into the affected area is used. Additionally, you need to perform trays with a decoction of onions. Procedures must be performed at least 3 times a day,
- in case of joint diseases and arthritis, it is used together with aloe juice and honey. Mix two parts of honey with one part aloe and three parts vodka or spirit tincture of onion. Compresses are applied to the pain center and warmly wrap up after the procedure,
- appeared warts and papillomas can be regularly lubricated with fresh juice based on the bulb and leaflets. Juice has the same property as celandine with papillomas,
- to relieve pain and itching after bruises or insect bites, rub the sore areas with onion-based juice or ointment,
- in case of mastitis, lubricate the sore spot on a regular basis with an ointment or apply a fresh sheet of this plant to the chest,
- from the nail fungus, you can take a small piece of the bulb or leaf and rub the juice into the affected areas. The flower must be at least two years old.
The effectiveness of treatment largely depends on how well the remedy is prepared.
Contraindications to the use of this tool
Even if the plant has a wide spectrum of action and healing properties, it cannot be used by people with allergies or intolerances. As for the bow, in this case contraindications are:
- pulp can cause burns or skin allergies. When preparing drugs, use rubber gloves. If you have a rash, itching or burns on the background of the application, then reduce the concentration of the product by adding water to it. In some cases, treatment is stopped,
- it is strictly forbidden to use the tool for hemophilia. Its active substance in the place of use causes a sharp flow of blood, which can lead to swelling or destruction of blood vessels.
Avoid eye contact.if this happens, then the eyes are washed with warm water. To prevent inflammation, drop eyes with a taufon. You also need to ignore recipes, where the proposed internal use of juice.
So, we talked about the healing properties of onions, as well as the features of its use in traditional medicine. You were also able to get acquainted with the recipes for various diseases based on this tool.
Indian onions curative and beneficial properties
The presence of biologically active substances contained in the plant, determine its therapeutic properties. The following chemicals are present in the chemical composition of the Poultry farm:
- essential oils,
- organic acids
- alkaloids (colchicine, thiocolchicine, kolhamin).
Основным активным веществом, дающим лечебный эффект, является колхицин. Это природный яд, который, при внутреннем употреблении, может вызвать отравление организма. Therefore, Indian onions are used in medicinal forms only externally. It is used as a component in ointments, as well as in the form of tinctures based on water or alcohol.
The sap of the plant has in its composition a natural antibiotic, which gives anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic effect. The use of Indian onions, due to its pronounced effect, is indicated for the following diseases:
- traumatic damage to bones, accompanied by fractures and hematomas,
- polyarthritis, arthritis in the acute stage with severe pain,
- osteocondritis of the spine,
- dermatitis of various origins,
- insect bites, accompanied by swelling and itching of tissues,
- nail fungus,
- malignant lesion of the skin.
The alkaloids that make up the plant, acting reflexively through the skin, contributing to the blood flow to the inflamed or affected area of tissue. Good nutrition in the area of organ damage, due to better blood circulation, and anti-inflammatory effect of the plant, contribute to the rapid relief of pain, tissue regeneration and resorption of the pathological lesion.
Use in traditional medicine
Applying Indian onions, the healing properties of which have long been known, one can get rid of a number of diseases. The recipes of traditional medicine use all parts of the Poultry Farm, including the sap of the plant. For treatment, it is better to use drying leaves of the plant, since they, in comparison with young shoots, contain the greatest concentration of beneficial substances.
The main action of the plant is associated with toxic alkaloids - colchicine and colchamine, which are toxic to the body when ingested. But the external use of plant forms, gives a significant therapeutic effect in various pathological conditions.
Tincture in the treatment of diseases of the joints
The pain syndrome accompanying the exacerbation of diseases of the joints (arthritis, arthrosis, polyarthritis) significantly reduces the patient’s quality of life. Drug therapy does not always cope with the manifestations of acute pathology. In this case, tincture of Indian onions from the joints, will be not only an addition to drug treatment, but with the initial manifestations of the disease, the main treatment.
You can prepare the tincture of Indian onions, based on 70% medical alcohol or vodka. Cooking technology will be the same. The difference is only in terms of exposure and proportions. Tincture on alcohol is aged for 10 days, and on vodka - within a month.
To prepare the medicine, not only the leaves of the plant are used, but also the components of the whole Poultry Farm. Preparation of tincture of leaves is carried out as follows:
- dried leaves of the plant are cut and crushed in a porcelain cup with a pestle to a mushy state,
- the mass is filled with 70% alcohol in a ratio of 1:20,
- infused in a dark cool place for 10 days.
After a certain period, the tincture is ready for use. Straining the medication is not necessary. Infusion, prepared on a water basis, using a steam bath, will be much more effective, since the active principle colchicine is poorly soluble in alcohol. To prepare the medicine, the following manipulations must be performed:
- finely chop the leaves of the plant,
- pour a liter of cold water
- soak on the steam bath for half an hour,
- merge the mixture into a thermos and insist for three hours.
In the treatment of diseases of the joints or lumbosacral radiculitis, compresses are made of poultry. For this purpose, multi-layer gauze is moistened with alcohol or water tincture and applied to the sore spot, followed by film coating and wrapping with wool fabric. Compress lasts for half an hour. If no discomfort is noted, the effect of the compress can be extended to one hour.
A positive effect on the removal of pain, has a tincture by rubbing it into sore joints. For this, a small amount of medication is rubbed into the affected area until fully absorbed, after which woolen fabric is applied to keep warm.
Important! The procedure is carried out with the obligatory use of gloves to prevent skin contact with the tincture!
To relieve joint pain, you can use the prepared ointment, consisting of the following ingredients:
- 15 grams of vaseline,
- one part of freshly squeezed poultry juice,
- one part of plantain juice.
For the preparation of therapeutic ointment is taken warm, heated to 40 degrees Vaseline. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed. A ready-to-use ointment will rub sore joints followed by wrapping to keep warm.
The course of treatment of joints, using Indian onion tincture, lasts for 20 days.
With headache, toothache
Toothache with success can be stopped by using a solution of drinking soda and Ptittsemchnika tincture. To do this, 200 grams of hot water requires a teaspoon of soda and tincture. The mixture is thoroughly mixed. A cotton pad, soaked in the mixture, is applied to the gum of the patient's tooth.
Headache is relieved by smearing with tincture or fresh juice of the temples of the head, followed by massaging. After applying the product to the skin, there is a feeling of cold and tingling, which are of a short duration.
With a cold, sinusitis
The treatment of sinusitis is carried out with freshly squeezed juice from a single bulb, mixed with warm water in a ratio of 1: 3. A cotton disc dipped in the treatment solution is applied to the region of the maxillary sinuses for half an hour. Such compresses should be carried out twice a day. The course of treatment is 20 procedures.
At a cold, the resulting solution is instilled into the nasal passages once a day.
External application of the Poultry Stalker juice to the region of the maxillary sinuses and nose, by rubbing into the skin, also has a positive effect in the fight against sinusitis.
Tincture of nail fungus
Indian onion tincture from nail fungus is very effective in combating this pathology. Alcohol or water tincture is used for the treatment. Lubrication of the affected nail bed is performed with a cotton swab several times a day. Also for treatment, you can use fresh juice from the leaves of the plant. The course of treatment is up to a month.
With angina, tonsillitis
When this pathology is used alcohol tincture, which is diluted in water in a ratio of 1: 3. This solution is used for treatment with compresses. Multi-layer gauze is moistened and applied to the neck with the subsequent application of film and wool. Compress lasts for 20 - 30 minutes, then removed.
Compresses can be alternated with the application of undiluted alcohol tincture in the form of a grid on the neck. After five to ten minutes, the remedy is removed from the skin of the neck.
Often trophic and poorly healing ulcers are complications of diabetes. In this case, a positive effect on tissue regeneration is exerted by the sap of the plant, with which trophic ulcers are lubricated. Treatment can be carried out with a fresh leaf of a plant.
To do this, a freshly cut leaf is cut in half and applied with fresh pulp to the ulcer, after which the pathological focus is covered with parchment. As the sheet dries, it changes. During the day, it is recommended to make three such compress. The course of treatment continues until the ulcer is completely healed.
Papillomas and warts
Tincture of Indian onions gives a positive result in the fight against the papilloma virus. These skin lesions, including warts, are successfully regressed in the treatment of poultry. To do this, use alcohol tincture or fresh juice of the plant. Problem areas of the skin are lubricated twice a day with this drug.
The benefits of juice, decoction, infusion
Indian onions, in any of their dosage forms, gives a tangible effect in the treatment of various diseases. Successful use of poultry in the recipes of traditional medicine is confirmed by its practical application. In some cases, the external use of drugs, is successfully used in the complex treatment of various pathologies. In particular, it is successfully used as an ointment for skin oncology.
But not only in case of diseases, a positive effect on the pathological process of Indian onions was noted. The plant has an effect on face and body care.
Application in cosmetology
The leaves of the Poultry Farm are used as a component that is part of the body scrub, which can be prepared independently. To this end, glycerin or liquid soap is added to the finely chopped leaves of the plant. In this composition, you can add a small amount of milk.
The mixture is thoroughly mixed and applied to the body with massage movements. The crushed leaves of Indian onion well remove the cornified cells of the skin and contribute to the activation of metabolic processes.
In the presence of acne rash on the face or torso, smearing the plant sap with inflammatory elements leads to a rapid drying of the pathological foci. Lubrication of elements is carried out pointwise, that is, the juice or tincture of the plant is applied to each manifestation of skin inflammation.
Poultry bird tailed
Poisonous plant, used exclusively in traditional medicine for the treatment of joint diseases, gout, muscle damage. The plant has anti-cancer properties, which allows its use in the treatment of oncology, neoplasms, and cancer wounds. The raw material of the plant is juice.
The use of Indian onions in traditional medicine has gained popularity since 1961. This year the poultry lamb was brought to the territory of the Russian Federation from Germany. There and in many other countries, Indian onions are grown as an ornamental plant in flowerbeds. Rapid reproduction and unpretentiousness of the plant relative to the growing conditions contribute to its popularity.
The popular name “Indian onion” is given to the poultry for the similarity with Indian spices. The plant has no roots in India, and with the usual varieties of onions it combines only the appearance of the root. In science, the plant is called tail poultry, for the similarity of inflorescences with a tail, botanists attribute it to the family of hyacinth.
Indian onions originated from the southern African countries. From there, the plant spread to tropical and temperate countries in Europe, Asia, and America. Everywhere it is grown as an ornamental. The houseplant perfectly adapts to any conditions, develops well in open ground, if transplanted into summer.
The root part of the caudal poultry meattail is practically all located above the ground surface, which is the main difference between Indian onion and bulb and other varieties that are familiar to us. The plant belongs to perennials and is as follows.
- Roots. Numerous white cord-shaped roots join the bulbous part. They provide the plant with necessary moisture and beneficial substances. The bulb itself has a green color. Its surface is covered with white dense scales, tight to the bulb. Under favorable growing conditions, the diameter of the bulb reaches 10 cm.
- Leaves. The arrangement of leaves is radical. The length can reach a meter, the width is about 4 cm. A whitish vein is located in the middle of the linear solid-edge sheet plate. Old leaves sag under their own weight in the middle. Their number allows us to determine the age of the plant, because in one year of the growing season the birdworm acquires one new leaf.
- Flowers Located on a long fleshy peduncle in racemes. Buds are interspersed with outgrowths-needles. The flowers are white in color, have green veins. Sizes are small - up to 1 cm. Inflorescence begins to fade from the bottom of the flowers. The first flower stalks appear after two or three years of plant growth.
- Fruit. Presented in small boxes, with shiny black seeds inside, flattened shape.
Is it possible to harvest
Of particular value in traditional medicine is the juice of Indian onions. It is a concentrate of biologically active substances. It is from the pulp of the plant and the juice that the greatest quantity of useful substances gets into the prepared preparations. Drying the plant will lead to the loss of the most useful part of it - the juice, so it is recommended to keep the Indian onion at home, growing it in room conditions. All parts of the plant are succulent, so they can be used for medicinal purposes:
- large onions,
- bulbs kids
- flower stalks and inflorescences,
- old leaves.
Folk healers recommend making an incision on the old leaf to collect the juice from the plant. From it will gradually be allocated juice, which must be collected in a jar. Substance must be used immediately.
To obtain drugs from Indian onions make alcohol tinctures, the shelf life of which is much longer than that of pure juice.
Chemical composition of raw materials
Special study of the chemical composition of Indian onions, official medicine is not engaged. This is provoked by the fact that the toxic properties of colchicine, a concentrated alkaloid in the onions, have been proven. It is because of its content that Indian onions were classified as poisonous plants, completely eliminating the internal use of drugs from the plant. It is worth saying that some doctors still recommend the use of the plant for some skin diseases. The effect of colchicine on the body is as follows:
- painkiller - alkaloid blocks receptors located on the skin surface,
- anti-inflammatory - inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators,
- Vasoprotective - dilates small vessels and capillaries, improving peripheral blood flow,
- antithrombotic - prevents the formation of blood clots.
All parts of the plant contain other biologically active substances - derivatives of colchicine, among them:
These compounds provide the effect of Indian onion juice with an extensive list of other qualities:
- antimicrobial action
Indications for use of Indian onions include a huge number of skin diseases, among which are oncological lesions. All of them involve the use of drugs and plant juice only externally. Napara, gruel, infusion of leaves and bulbs can get rid of these ailments:
- immune disorders - psoriasis, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, rashes with allergies,
- oral diseases - sore throat, stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontal disease, herpes,
- skin lesions - bruises, bruises, burns, frostbite, inflammation after an insect bite,
- infectious diseases - suppurations, boils, carbuncles, internal suppurations, acne, fungal diseases,
- formations on the skin - papillomas, warts, wen, tumor structures, dropsy.
Medicinal properties of Indian onions include the elimination of disorders in the musculoskeletal system. It is used in many joint and muscular diseases.
- Arthrosis The plant slows down degenerative processes in the joints, provides normalization of the trophic nerves, articular bags, cartilage. Eliminates pain, swelling.
- Arthritis. Indian onion well relieves inflammation, improves blood flow, eliminates adhering infection.
- Gout. A powerful analgesic effect of Indian onions can cope with gouty pains. Improving blood circulation and eliminating uric acid salts can significantly slow down the growth of spurs.
- Osteochondrosis. Preparations with Indian onions improve the trophism of the tissues of the treated joints, stimulate the recovery process, and establish a metabolism.
- Myalgia Stretching, bruising, hypothermia muscles. These include myalgia, triggered by viral and bacterial diseases.
- Pinched nerves. Radiculitis, damage to the sciatic nerve, pinching of the nerve roots in the spine are eliminated, thanks to the ability of the plant to activate blood flow to the sore spot, to eliminate muscle spasms, which contributes to the release of pinching.
The healing properties of Indian onions are so multifaceted that among the indications there are special reasons for applying.
- Headache. Essential oils of Indian onions have antispasmodic and relaxing effects, help to stop migraine attacks, headaches for colds, as well as pain accompanying the change in pressure.
- Mastitis. The crushed leaves are attached to the place of compaction. Presumably, the plant eliminates mastitis due to improved blood flow.
- Cold. Indian onion juice can be used instead of an asterisk - rub it into the nose bridge area, eyebrows, behind the ears. Celebrate the effectiveness of the plant against antritis.
- Toothache. The plant eliminates it, due to the alkaloid composition.
- Oncology. Indian onions are used for tumors, as well as for reducing the area and healing of cancerous ulcers.
- Varicose veins Компрессы из растения помогают устранить узлы вен и их болезненность.
Роль в домашней косметологии
Способность индийского лука нормализовать кровообращение была моментально замечена любителями домашней косметики. They recommend cooking from the plant tonic and lotions for the face, using alcohol tinctures. They are also added to the water intended for rinsing hair - this will make the hair thicker.
The healing properties of Indian onions are used for weight loss, or rather, for slimming hips. The juice of the plant is mixed with vegetable oil, observing a proportion of 1:10. The resulting mixture is rubbed daily in the problem areas for 10 minutes. After the massage, you should wear warm tights or pants. According to reviews, a month of daily procedures completely eliminates cellulite.
The use of Indian onions in traditional medicine: recipes
Before using pure Indian onion juice or preparations made from it, you should do an allergy test: apply a small amount of the compound to the inner bend of the elbow. In the absence of burning and swelling after 15 minutes, the tool can be used for treatment.
Features This recipe is used with Indian onions for joint pains of any localization and origin, as well as for compresses, for radiculitis, varicose veins. According to this recipe, a remedy for nail fungus is prepared.
Preparation and use
- The lower leaves of Indian onions are washed with water, cut with a knife as small as possible.
- Place the prepared leaves in a glass jar, pour water, following the ratio of 1:10.
- Insist two weeks in the basement, regularly shaking capacity.
- After the expiration of the infusion means filter. Apply tincture only externally, up to three times per day.
Features Applied to the grinding of joints and muscles. Used for intercostal neuralgia, radiculitis, cervical osteochondrosis for massage.
Preparation and use
- Indian onion leaf is medium long (about 20 cm), crushed with a knife, pounded to obtain a homogeneous slurry.
- The resulting substance is mixed with 50 g of lanolin, petrolatum or other fatty bases.
- Add to the mixture two tablespoons of honey, mix until smooth.
Features Used to treat acute pain. Do not allow infusions inside, due to the large concentrations of colchicine. Used for compresses, lotions.
- The middle sheet is carefully crushed, placed in a thermos.
- Pour raw liter of boiling water.
- After a two-hour infusion filter.
Harm of Indian onions for health is associated with the content of toxic substances in it, which can lead to severe disorders of the nervous system. Therefore, treatment with a plant requires special attention and caution. This also applies to external use, since colchicine and its derivatives penetrate the skin well.
Treatment with Indian onions is best carried out on the recommendation, as well as under the strict control of the healer. When self-applied, it is worth using the plant only externally. It is important to remember that therapy with Indian onions cannot replace the use of specialized medical preparations, but acts only as a supplement to a complex of therapeutic measures.
Chemical composition of the plant
The appearance of the plant resembles an ordinary onion, only the bulb in this species is green. Since the root is small in size, people often call it Chinese garlic. White flowers are used by some nations as a condiment to dishes. The healing properties of Japanese onions are due to the rich compositionwhich includes the following components:
- Glycosides, essential oils, amino acids.
- Trace elements, organic acids.
- Alkaloids, the most important of which are considered colchicine and kolhamin.
It is important to know that colchicine is a very toxic substance with high toxicity. Kolhamin also refers to toxic compounds, but does not have such a pronounced effect as colchicine. That is why the internal drug intake based on the plant should be abandoned.
All parts of valuable onions have healing properties. For the preparation of drugs used juice, flowers, leaves and onions. Some people grow this species as a home flower.
Despite the fact that physicians around the world do not trust Chinese garlic medicines, the experience of many patients indicates its effectiveness. The unique natural composition causes the following healing effect on the human body:
- It has a powerful regenerating, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antimicrobial action.
- It has antifungal effects.
- A beneficial effect on the musculoskeletal system, restores its structure, prevents the development of ailments.
- Contributes to the normal functioning of the heart and blood vessels.
- It prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques, blood clots.
- Relieves pain and spasms of smooth muscles.
- Regulates metabolic processes.
- It has a sedative effect, normalizes the psychoemotional state, sleep, improves memory, stimulates brain activity.
- Positive effect on the condition of the skin, relieves irritation.
- Prevents respiratory diseases.
- Stops the growth and further development of atypical cancer cells.
- Effectively fights swelling.
- It improves blood circulation, prevents the increase in blood clotting factors.
- Essential oils in the composition stimulate the immune system and the body's defenses, increase endurance and physical strength, prevent frequent viral and catarrhal ailments.
Room onions grown in apartment conditions, has all the properties of its wild counterparts. He is unpretentious and does not require special care. It develops well in direct sunlight and in a darkened room.
Indications for use
The use of the plant allows you to use home remedies based on it for the treatment of many pathological conditions. In the old days, he was considered a cure for 100 diseases. In unconventional medical practice, poultry is used for the following diseases:
- Catarrhal and viral diseases accompanied by inflammatory processes of the mucous membranes of the nasal passages, oral cavity, throat: sore throat, tonsillitis, laryngitis, rhinitis of various etiologies.
- Nervous system disorders: frequent headaches, migraines, memory loss and concentration, insomnia.
- Hemorrhoids of varying severity.
- Dermatological diseases of inflammatory nature: boils, ulcers, abscesses, eczema.
- Irritation and inflammation of the skin after insect bites.
- Malignant neoplasms caused by human papillomavirus.
- Vascular pathologies: atherosclerosis, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis and swelling of the legs due to these disorders.
- Multiple warts.
- Fungal diseases of the upper and lower extremities.
- Pathology of the teeth, accompanied by severe pain.
- Diseases associated with impaired metabolic processes: diabetes.
- Antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of poultry meat are used to treat nonhealing wounds.
However, the treatment of joints with Indian onions has become most popular. Traditional healers claim that he copes with gout, osteochondrosis, radiculitis, rheumatoid arthritis, arthrosis, muscle pain. Effectively remedy for acute and chronic forms of disease.
Contraindications for treatment
The use of plants for medicinal purposes does not always benefit. There is a list of contraindications that must be considered before starting a therapeutic course. Treatment with poultry meat during pregnancy and breastfeeding is unacceptable. Children and adolescents under the age of 18 are prohibited from using funds based on it.
The presence of an allergic reaction to the plant will also become an obstacle to therapy. When treating diseases of the oral cavity, it must be borne in mind that bleeding gums are considered to be an absolute contraindication to use, since worsening of the course of the disease is possible.
Patients diagnosed with hemophilia, in which blood clotting is impaired, should not use Indian onions. Before starting therapy, it is recommended to test for individual sensitivity by applying a small amount of the composition to the inner surface of the forearm. In the absence of hyperemia, blisters, itching is allowed to be treated by home remedy.
Any poultry based recipe is applied for no longer than 30 days, since the ingress of toxic components through the skin has a toxic effect and can lead to poisoning.
The best recipes of traditional medicine
The recipes of Indian onions in traditional medicine are most often used to eliminate diseases of the joints, but this is not the only area of application. As the main raw material often take onions. The most popular applications are the following:
- For the preparation of medicinal tinctures on alcohol, you must take any of the parts of the plant or their mixture, 70% alcohol. Grind raw materials and pour alcohol in the ratio of 1: 4, leave for 2 weeks to insist. Filter the prepared composition and use it for rubbing diseased joints, places of bruises and sprains. In order to prevent burns of the epidermis, it is recommended to dilute the composition with water in proportions of 1: 1. It is necessary to treat the joints for at least 2 weeks. For bruises and other conditions, treatment is continued until the pain in the joints disappears, but not longer than 30 days.
- Tincture on vodka has a more pronounced effect and is prepared for 30 days. To do this, you need to chop a medium-sized onion and pour half a liter of vodka, leave it in a dark place, constantly shaking it.
- A popular remedy for pain in the joints and spine is a water infusion. To obtain it, it is necessary to pour chopped leaves of the poultry meat with boiled water in a ratio of 1:10. The minimum infusion time is 12 hours. After that, the composition is used to relieve the patient's condition with pain and cramps. Compresses and lotions applied to the sore spot for 15−20 minutes daily for 3 weeks.
- An effective recipe for rheumatism will be a decoction based on onion leaves. For its preparation, it is necessary to boil 100 g of finely chopped raw materials in a liter of water for 20 minutes, leave to cool, filter and use as a healing compresses on sore joints. Procedures are recommended for at least 10 days in a row, leaving a compress for 20-30 minutes.
- When a herpetic rash appears on the lips, folk healers recommend treating the site of inflammation with plant sap. Before the procedure, it is necessary to lubricate the sore spot with peroxide, then carefully process the juice. In the process, you may experience discomfort in the form of tingling and burning. Such a reaction is considered normal if the discomfort is tolerable. Patients who have experienced the effect of the method speak of rapid healing within three days. If the bubbles spontaneously opened, the juice should not be used in combination with any ointment.
- The following infusion has a pronounced therapeutic effect, therefore it is used only when it is absolutely necessary, when pain is unbearable. To obtain it, you need to mix 30 g of crushed rhizome of burdock, lingonberry leaves and the main component. Pour a mixture of 300 ml of alcohol and leave for 10 days to insist. Apply as grinding.
If in the process of using one of the means any adverse reactions occur, it is necessary to immediately discontinue therapy. Further treatment may aggravate the course of the disease.
Preparation of homemade ointments
Natural homemade ointments are prepared in different ways and include different parts of the plant. There are several popular recipes:
- From fresh juice and vaseline, an effective and easy-to-use ointment is obtained. For its preparation it is necessary to heat 100 g of petroleum jelly in a water bath. Do not allow overheating, the temperature should be no higher than +40 degrees. Then add 20 ml of freshly squeezed Japanese onion juice and mix thoroughly. Ready medicine stored in the refrigerator for no longer than 7 days. Use for grinding the sore back, joints, muscles. The number of applications depends on the severity of the disease and the intensity of the pain.
- The next option involves the preparation of a new portion of ointment for each application. This will get the maximum benefit from its use. Pre-cooked infusion of the plant must be mixed in the amount of 30 ml with proteins of three eggs. After thorough mixing, the composition is immediately applied to the sore joint, cellophane or food wrap is applied on top, the sore spot is warmed with a scarf. Remove the mixture from the skin after 2 hours. After 5-7 days of such procedures, the patient's condition improves markedly.
- To make an ointment on the basis of butter, it is necessary to melt 30 g of the product, add a teaspoon of the previously prepared alcohol infusion of Indian onion and the same amount of poplar kidney powder. Grind the mixture thoroughly and use for rubbing into places of inflammation. Store the composition must be in the refrigerator for no longer than a month.
- To prepare an ointment based on yarrow tincture, you need to prepare the ingredients in advance. Take 40 grams of herbs and insist in a half-liter of vodka for 2 weeks. After that, filter the composition. Separate 10 ml of tincture of yarrow and 10 ml of alcohol infusion from the main component, mix with heated vaseline in the amount of 200 g. Apply to eliminate back pain and joints.
Ointment on the basis of petroleum jelly is popular because the product has a gentle effect on the skin and prevents burns. Such funds can be used even for the treatment of delicate and sensitive skin.
It is recommended to wear rubber gloves when preparing medicines from poultry meat, as the poisonous juice of the plant can irritate the skin and even provoke a burn.
Indian onions - a unique natural remedywhich is widely used in traditional medicine to eliminate various diseases. Despite the content of toxic compounds, successfully copes with dermatological ailments, as well as diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Before using any remedy from a medicinal plant, it is recommended to consult with a specialist and make sure that there are no contraindications.
Growing at home. Video
Poultry can be called a very unpretentious flower. It feels great in places where direct sunlight does not fall, which means you can safely leave the pot with it on shaded windowsills or windows facing the north.
Indian onion tolerates transplanting easily and does not require frequent watering. On the open ground, its cultivation also does not bring any particular troubles - ornithogalum is well acclimatized both in the open areas of the garden and in its darkened corners.
Indian onions: recipes.
The active ingredients that make up Indian onions stimulate blood flow, which produces a strong anesthetic effect. Dosage forms of the plant are most actively used to treat joint diseases. Also, external application of drugs with onion juice blocks headaches, helps in stretching muscles and ligaments, eliminates runny nose, relieves swelling from insect bites, treats acne, boils, warts and other skin ailments.
Tincture on vodka
To make Indian onion vodka you will need:
- 1 medium-sized fresh cut onion (without roots),
- 1-2 leaves of a plant
- 1 peduncle,
- 1 liter of vodka.
Finely chop the vegetable ingredients and place them in a glass jar. Fill the raw material with vodka, shake it up, close with a nylon cap and leave in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks. Use the prepared tincture as a mono-agent and as a basis for other poultry products.
Indian onion juice
For therapeutic purposes, traditional medicine recommends the use of fresh juice from old leaves of ornithogalum. In case of arthritis, cut the sore spot with a cut of the sheet, and to accelerate the effect, it is allowed to wrap the treated joint with wool fabric.
With rhinitis, which appeared as a result of a cold, the nose and nose wings are rubbed with juice. With headache - the temporal part of the head. With the beginning of bronchitis, you can draw a grid in the chest, without affecting the area of the heart.
Important! In no case do not drink the juice of Indian onions inside! It is very poisonous and can cause mucosal injury and severe intoxication of the body. In case of burns of the epidermis, lubricate the damaged area with sea buckthorn oil and reduce the concentration of the drug, diluting it with clean water.
Ointment from poultry meat is used mainly for the treatment of diseased joints. Since its base is plant sap, the medicine also has toxic qualities. You can not apply the ointment on the mucous membranes, to use orally, and during the preparation it is necessary to protect the skin with rubber gloves.
- Mix in equal proportions the juice of Indian onion and plantain.
- Heat a tablespoon of vaseline to 40 ° C.
- Combine all the components, carefully mixing.
- Place the mass in a clean glass jar and use as intended.
Хранить полученную мазь нужно в холодильнике. Срок годности – не более 7 дней.
Бальзам: индийский лук и адов корень
Бальзам для тела «Адов корень» с экстрактом индийского лука пользуется большой популярностью в терапии и профилактике суставных заболеваний, невралгий, мышечных спазмов. The medicine is used to relieve pain in sprains, sprains and bruises. Refers to non-prescription drugs of plant origin, is available in the form of tubes with a substance of gel-like consistency.
"Hell Root" has a strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, prevents the deposition of salts and activates the metabolism. The gel begins to act within a few minutes, maintaining the analgesic effect for 12 hours.
What helps Indian onions?
An unpretentious "guest" from South Africa can provide significant support in the treatment of many chronic diseases. Having at hand this foreign flower you can:
- relieve pain and swelling caused by radiculitis, bursitis, arthritis, osteochondrosis and other pathologies of the musculoskeletal system,
- relieve acute cold symptoms - reduce runny nose, cough and sore throat,
- withdraw warts and papillomas
- stop migraine attacks,
- disinfect a wound or cut
- stop acute toothache
- make hair stronger and stop the process of balding.
Well relieves joint pain compress with tincture of Indian onion and honey:
- 3 parts vodka tincture of Indian onions (recipe see above), mix with 2 parts honey and 1 part aloe juice,
- mix thoroughly in a clean earthenware container
- Apply the product on a piece of natural linen and attach to the sore joint,
- from above fix a woolen scarf.
Important! For maximum effect, the time of impact of the compress on the sore joint should be at least several hours. If there is a strong burning sensation, the bandage should be removed immediately.
From nail fungus
Herbalists call a great way to get rid of nail fungus taking a bath based on water infusion of ornithogalum leaves.
Crushed leaves pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave for about 2 hours. In order to reduce the concentration, the infusion must be diluted in warm water in the ratio of 1 part to 10 parts of water. Add 50 ml of vinegar to the bath and take water treatments for 15-20 minutes. After that, do not wash off the solution from the skin, but simply wipe the feet with a towel and put cotton socks on them.
With a cold
1 table. a spoonful of chopped Indian onion leaves mixed with 2 table. spoons of comfrey roots. Place the mixture in a glass dish and add 3 tables. spoons of medical alcohol. Insist means for at least 3 days, periodically shaking the contents of the jar. The resulting tincture can be used for rubbing the chest and back in the lung area. This procedure increases blood flow and helps to quickly overcome a cold.
Indian onions and its use in traditional medicine
Indian onion juice is believed to be an excellent analgesic or painkiller. It saves from headaches and severe migraines. To do this, squeeze the juice out of the green leaves, apply a few drops on the temples and the back of the head. If the skin feels a burning sensation or you see a rash, this place should be washed and smeared with ordinary olive oil. In the absence of side effects, leave the juice on the skin until the pain disappears completely.
Catarrhal diseases also fit Indian onions. A few drops of juice should be rubbed into the nose and in the area around the nose at that moment, as soon as the first signs of congestion and a runny nose appeared. Angina is also treated with a compress made from ornithologic. With fresh juice, the bandage is impregnated, wrapped around the throat, left for 2-3 minutes. At this point, the neck can be massaged.
But to alleviate the toothache, a spoonful of freshly squeezed juice of the “milk star” needs to be dissolved in half a glass of water. Add a spoonful of baking soda. In this infusion you need to moisten the cotton wool and attach it to the sick tooth.
Warts and overgrown papillomas. These problems need to be solved with the help of ground leaves of the presented plant. The skin around the wart is pre-lubricated with vaseline. Concentrated juice or gruel treated "growth". Leave in place for a few minutes.
Finally, insect bites should also be treated with Indian onion juice. It will prevent the formation of a strong hematoma, relieve pain and itching.
However, in all these cases, the use of poultry meat should be abandoned if:
- There are open wounds on the skin,
- There is an individual intolerance to the plant,
- Clinically proven or planned pregnancy
- Diagnosed with hemophilia, renal insufficiency, allergy.
Indian onion from nail fungus
Concentrated tincture of Indian onion on vodka has found its use in the treatment of fungus. This disease is difficult to eradicate. However, with regular use of the infusion of the birdworm, the problem will be solved. For this purpose, the old leaves of the plant with a length of 50 cm are crushed, poured with vodka or luxury alcohol (500-600 ml). The tool should be poured into a glass, but not transparent jar, close and leave for 10-12 days. The prepared solution is applied to the fingers, thoroughly soaked with cotton pads and treated the affected places three times a day.
By the way, this tincture can also be used with radiculitis, rubbing it into the lower back at times when you can not straighten your back.
Indian bow tincture for joints
Traditional medicine uses Indian onions and in order to treat joints, the skeletal system. To do this, prepare a natural cream or ointment. Their basis is olive, fir or sea buckthorn oil, animal fat, petroleum jelly. Freshly squeezed “dairy star” juice (from 2-3 small leaflets) is added to 100 grams of base. Efficiency will increase the above setting, prepared on vodka. It is added to the ointment in the amount of 50-100 ml. The tool is rubbed into sore spots, left for 2-3 hours. Then it is necessary to wash it off, and wrap its knees or elbows with a warm shawl or woolen scarf.
Conclusion: Poultry bird - a dangerous plant. Do not use it inside. But you can treat diseases with the help of ointments, tinctures or compresses. But you should definitely take precautions and then with Indian onions, even the most severe pain will recede.
If you find an error, please highlight a piece of text and click Ctrl + Enter.