Birch sap is a very useful natural drink, which is endowed with a mass of healing properties and extremely beneficial effect on the human body. This is the so-called elixir of beauty, health, vigor and strength. That's because it contains a lot of nutrients, organic acids and trace elements. Today we will learn everything about birch sap, talk about its benefits, how, where and when to collect, as well as how to store the drink.
All about the benefits of birch sap
The composition of birch sap is fructose, glucose, sucrose, organic acids, enzymes and substances that have high antimicrobial activity (phytoncides), as well as potassium, iron, manganese, calcium, sodium, magnesium, copper, which the body, which is weakened by spring avitaminosis, requires.
Birch sap is endowed with a huge amount useful properties:
- Perfectly strengthens the immune system.
- Normalizes the heart.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
- Improves metabolism and is very useful for the brain.
- Tones, invigorates and charges the body with energy.
- Just one glass of drink per day will relieve you from sleepiness, fatigue and depression.
- The drink is called one of the best dietary and tonic remedies.
- It is very useful for people with diseases of the urinary tract and kidneys - it stimulates kidney function, has a diuretic effect, promotes the excretion of uric acid and increases diuresis.
- Useful for lung diseases, bronchitis, tuberculosis, sore throat, cough.
- Relieve from headaches and migraines.
- Useful in sexually transmitted diseases.
- It is recommended to take the drink with diseases of the liver, gallbladder, duodenum and with low acidity.
- Helps with high blood pressure and anemia.
- It has a therapeutic effect in arthritis, radiculitis and rheumatism.
- Able to purify the blood and remove toxic substances from the body.
- Taking birch sap, you can increase the body's resistance to allergic, infectious and colds.
- In case of chronic rhinitis it is recommended to take one glass of fresh birch sap every morning.
- Endowed with anthelmintic, anti-tumor and diuretic action.
- It is useful to wipe the skin with acne, eczema, psoriasis, furunculosis, neurodermatitis, fungal diseases, poorly healing wounds,
Birch sap is very widely used and cosmetology:
- Perfectly cleanses and refreshes the skin, and for this it is enough just to wash them in the morning.
- Used to moisturize and cleanse dry skin.
- It is used for shampooing - to strengthen hair, grow it quickly, give softness and shine to hair, and is used to fight dandruff.
- You can still do anti-cellulite wraps.
How to determine the collection time
Harvesting begins in the spring during the first thaws, and ends after bud break. The beginning of the collection is dictated by weather conditions. But often the juice begins to flow somewhere in the middle of March, when the snow melts and the buds begin to swell, and continues to run until the middle - end of April.
Check whether the time has come to collect and harvest, you can use a thin awl. It is necessary to go into the forest and make a puncture with this awl in a birch. If the juice has already gone, then a drop will immediately appear in the puncture site. This will mean that you can start collecting and harvesting.
Is it possible to collect birch sap in urban areas
Answering the question whether it is possible to collect juice in the city, we will immediately caution: no, don't even think about it. It is necessary to collect away from large cities, from roads, from large factories and polluted places, since wood can absorb all harmful substances and vehicle exhaust gases from the environment. Juice, which will be collected from such trees, will not only bring no benefit, but may also harm health.
The best places to collect
To get really useful juice, the place of gathering it must be chosen very carefully. It is best to collect it in environmentally friendly forests away from urban areas, industrial areas and highways.
Features of the collection, how to properly collect a healthy drink
Before you take birch sap, you need to know some simple, but very Important rules and terms of collection:
- You cannot use young trees for gathering, only mature trees that have a diameter of 20 cm. If you collect sap from young trees, you can destroy them, because during the period of tree growth, he himself needs it.
- Use a drill with a 5-10 mm drill to assemble. This hole grows in the trunk almost without a trace.
- There is no need to make a hole that is too deep in the trunk of the tree, because the juice mainly goes in the surface layer between the bark and wood. It will be enough 2-3 cm deep.
- The best time to collect is the time interval between 10:00 and 18:00, then the juice flows most intensively.
- Do not try to drain all the sap from one tree, so you can destroy it. It would be better to bypass the five to ten trees and drain each liter per day.
- At the end of the collection, be sure to help the tree heal its wounds. Cover the hole with wax, garden pitch, cover it with moss, or drive a wooden plug to prevent bacteria from entering the trunk.
As for the fact, how get birch sap:
- Choose a birch with a well-developed crown with a diameter of more than 20-30 cm.
- Carefully make a hole in the trunk at a distance of 20 cm from the ground.
- Attach a birch bark tray or some other semicircular fixture into which the juice will flow into the hole made under it.
- Under the groove, place a jar, bottle or bag, where the juice will run.
The number of holes made in the barrel depends on its diameter. With a tree diameter of 20-25 cm, only one hole can be made, and then for every ten centimeters, one more hole. But the main thing is not to overdo it with the holes, because the more a tree is injured, the more difficult it will be to heal its wounds.
Methods of storage, we study recipes
It is best to use fresh juice, while boiling some of its properties are lost. But how much can it be stored? If we talk about how long it can be stored in the refrigerator - no more than two days, and for long-term storage it is necessary to do some manipulations with it.
Storage methods (recipes) are known various. You can make kvass, wine, syrup, balsam, various drinks from it, or preserve.
Canning. For one liter of birch sap, you need to take 125 g of sugar, add 5 g of citric acid, pour into jars, pasteurize and roll up the lids.
Birch syrup. Evaporate the juice to a yellow-white color, until it becomes viscous, and the consistency will resemble honey. The concentration of sugar in the syrup is 60-70%.
Birch wine. For 10 liters of birch sap, you need to take 1 kg of sugar, two peel of two lemons, two bottles of white grape wine, yeast. Boil juice with sugar over high heat until there is about eight liters of liquid, then remove it from the heat, add the peel and white wine, mix everything well and let the mixture cool. Add 0.5 tablespoon of yeast and incubate for four days. After four days, pour everything into bottles, seal the bottles and place in a dark, cold place for a month.
- For 10 liters of sirya need 50 g of yeast. It must be boiled to evaporate some water, cool it, add yeast and let it wander for a few days, then pour the kvass into bottles, close and put it in a cold place for a couple of weeks.
- For 10 liters you will need the juice of four lemons, 50 g of yeast, 30 g of honey or sugar, raisins. All this mix, bottle and leave in a cold dark place.
- Pour the birch sap into an oak barrel, put a canvas sack with burnt rye bread crusts on a rope, and two days later put oak bark, berries, or cherry leaves or dill stalks in a barrel. In two weeks, the brew will be ready.
Birch sap is the most useful remedy for beriberi and mild colds, it is an indispensable aid in healing the body and strengthening immunity. If you like this drink, be sure to remember how to collect it and keep it.
When and how to collect?
The beginning of the birch sap collection period may differ in different geographic regions - it all depends on the climate of a particular zone. But in most cases, sap flow starts during the melting of snow, that is, from mid-March, and ends with the dissolution of birch leaves.
The main landmark in this process is the kidneys: if they are swollen, you can begin to collect the juice. The best time of day for work is from 12.00 to 18.00.
Juice assembly technology:
- Select the appropriate trees. Bypass young birch trees - by depriving them of the juice, you will harm them. Pick up mature trees with a diameter of at least 25 cm with a developed crown. One birch will not be enough, because you can not drain all the sap from the tree - it is better to process 5-10 birches, but take only a liter of liquid from them.
- Make a hole in the trunks. The optimum height is 20 cm from the ground. The number of holes is determined by the diameter of the tree: 25 cm - one, 25-35 cm - two, 35-45 cm - three. Holes do only drill with a drill no more than 1 cm in diameter. The ax can not be used - it strongly deforms the trunk, which can provoke the death of birch.
Council The juice flows directly under the birch bark - in the upper layer, so there is no need to make too deep holes: 2-3 cm is enough.
- Set the device to collect. Insert the tubules or semicircular grooves into the holes made and direct them to the accumulation tank.
- Heal the tree. Once the juice is collected, process the holes with garden pitch or close them with moss or wooden cork.
How to store?
After assembly, birch sap should be stored for up to two days. And always in the fridge. If you wish to extend the term for storing a drink, use the following options:
- Canning. The recipe for canning juice is simple: for 1 liter of drink, prepare 125 g of sugar and 5 g of “lemon”, mix all the ingredients and carefully filter through gauze, and then pour into jars, pasteurize and roll tightly lids.
- Kvass. In order to cook birch kvass, first heat the pure juice to 35-40 degrees and add yeast to it: 15 g per liter. Put the resulting leaven in the fridge for 3-4 days, and then pour it into containers and seal it with lids.
- Syrup. To make a sweet syrup, evaporate the juice to lemon-white color and to the consistency of honey. Add sugar is not necessary.
As you see, it is really necessary to collect and store birch sap according to certain rules - if you choose an unripe tree or make a mistake with the season, all the healing properties of the drink will remain only a theory for you. So, if you want to get a really useful juice, do not neglect the above recommendations.
When collecting birch sap
In the language of many Slavic peoples, the name of the month of March is pronounced “birch”, “berezin”. It is in the spring, as soon as the thaw begins, the black-and-white birch trees begin to cry, giving off a lively, tasty and healthy juice.
When should you start collecting this unusual liquid crop? Each region has its own dates: the south - from mid-March to early April, the north - in April-May.
In order to accurately determine the appropriate season for the collection, you should follow some recommendations:
- Watch for snow and birch buds. Melting snow, swollen buds of the tree - the first sign that it is time to go to the "birch hunt."
- Puncture method. Once in the forest, you should choose a suitable birch - the diameter of its trunk should not be thinner than a human hand. With the utmost care it is necessary to make a deep puncture with the help of awls. The main thing is not to get carried away - the tip should reach the place where the bark connects with wood. It is easy to determine it, you only need to pay attention - the awl passes easily through the bark, and in case of falling into the wood its movement becomes difficult. It is necessary to stop here, otherwise the birch can get a wound, which subsequently does not heal well. If the tree is ready to share the juice, a few seconds after piercing a crusty transparent drop forms on the bark.
Having determined the moment, it remains to select suitable trees and start stocking up the juice. The main thing - do not delay, because he stands out just 1-1.5 weeks. As soon as the leaves were seen on the birch, the collection should be stopped.
How to properly collect a healthy drink without harm to the tree
Since ancient times, the collection of birch sap was considered the responsibility of women and children. Men regarded this thing as fun, but occasionally accompanied wives and babies into the woods, inserting thin wedges into the birch trunks, along which the healing drink flowed.
How to collect birch sap?
You can use several effective methods of its extraction:
- With the help of plastic containers. Choosing a suitable tree, you should plan a place for making a hole (about half a meter above the roots). If the birch is old, it is necessary to open the upper layer of bark with a knife. Using a drill, screwdriver or tilting handpiece, which is located at an inclination, make a hole so that the located peg looks down. When the juice begins to flow, place a container under it and fix it with ropes to the trunk of the tree. Two or three times a day should be emptied. The appearance of plastic objects made life much easier for people, including in matters of collecting birch sap. This material does not break and does not leak if it is treated with care. In addition, you can pick up large-volume plastic containers, which will eliminate the need to visit the tree every few hours.
- With the help of a grass tow. The method is almost identical to the previous one, with the only difference being that instead of a wedge, a self-made rope made of intertwined plant stalks is inserted into the hole. That he will serve as a kind of "wick", in which the juice flows into the container. The only drawback of such a natural way of gathering is the fact that along with the juice along the stalks forest sweet lovers - ants will seep into the jar.
- With tin cans. This method was extremely popular in the 60-70s of the last century. A tin can was removed the lid, and rolled up with a bundle, then placed in the hole made in the birch and substituted a suitable container. If the latter had a narrow neck, a funnel was placed in it. But after completing the collection of juice by a similar method, the tin fixture must always be pulled out from the trunk of the tree.
- Using a dropper. Having found a suitable tree, the dropper needle must be placed in a hole in the bark. The second end of the device is stuck in the lid of the container for collection. When the juice goes, the container needs to be fixed between the birch roots or just tied to the trunk.
Important! The maximum allowable amount of juice collected from one birch is 3 liters. It is necessary for the tree to maintain vitality. Loss of a large amount of liquid essence to a plant will be very difficult to recover.
The juice extracted from birch has the following useful properties:
- improves heart function
- stimulates intellectual activity
- strengthens the immune system, helping the body to resist colds and infections,
- has a strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect,
- helps to improve metabolism, beneficially affecting the digestive tract.
Used birch sap and in cosmetology. The active ingredients in its composition have a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair, making them strong, healthy and shiny.
How to drink a drink for health
The most useful for the human body is freshly squeezed birch sap. Do not boil the collected drink in order to extend its shelf life. In the process of boiling, he loses most of the vitamins and "dead" because the energy of the awakening tree disappears from it. It is she who gives the juice a special value.
Attention! Store juice in the refrigerator should be no more than 5 days.
If you collected a lot of birch sap, you can make a delicious birch kvass out of it. This wonderful drink, drunk on one glass during the day, will solve many problems of a gastrointestinal tract.
There are several ways to cook delicious forest kvass:
- Pour a handful of barley (fried) liter of juice. The container should be put in a cold place for a month, after which the drink can be consumed regularly.
- Mix 3 liters of juice with half a glass of dark beer, stand for two weeks.
Important! Людям с гастритом и язвой рекомендован к употреблению исключительно свежий березовый сок.
Помимо приготовления полезнейшего кваса, сок березы можно сохранить несколькими способами:
- хранение в погребе (не более одного месяца),
The method of conservation is not very popular, because after it the juice loses many useful substances. A freeze allows you to save all the benefits of healing juice. For greater convenience, the drink should be poured into small containers and sent to the freezer.
Birch sap is an unusually tasty and healthy delicacy. Provided timely collection and proper storage, this gift of nature will help solve many health problems. Collecting "birch tears", it is important not to overdo it and remember about the state of the tree, which is unlikely to be able to recover from the abundant "blood loss".
The healing qualities of birch nectar
- Immunity becomes stronger.
- Improves metabolism.
- Stabilized work of the heart and brain.
- It is a good anti-inflammatory agent for the body.
- Charges the body with energy, adds vigor.
- One glass per day relieves fatigue and depression.
- This is a great fortifying and dietary remedy.
- Beneficial in the treatment of bronchitis, tuberculosis and other lung diseases, as well as with sore throat and cough.
- Relieves headaches and migraines.
- It helps with urinary tract diseases, has a good effect on the kidneys, it is a very good diuretic.
- Recommended for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Helps reduce high blood pressure and is recommended for anemia.
- Used in the treatment of sciatica, arthritis.
- Cleans the blood and removes toxic substances.
- Recommend to take it in diseases liver, duodenum, gallbladder.
- At reception of drink, ability of an organism to fight against allergic reactions, infectious diseases increases.
- With low acidity, the juice has a good effect on the body.
- Every day you need to drink a glass of birch sap to combat chronic rhinitis.
- For skin diseases (acne, psoriasis, eczema, furunculosis, fungal diseases, atopic dermatitis, long healing wounds), you should wipe the skin with birch sap.
Use in cosmetology
With daily morning washing with birch nectar, the skin cleans well and becomes fresh and rejuvenated. In order to preserve birch gift for a long time, it needs to be frozen in ice-freezing tins and wipe dry skin with it.
Birch sap will help strengthen the hair, remove dandruff, give them softness and shine.
Anti-cellulite wraps help clean cellulite.
Favorable and unfavorable places to collect
Birch drink should be extracted far from big cities, factories, highways, as trees accumulate harmful substances, exhaust fumes in themselves. Juice collected from such trees, not only will not benefit, but, rather, harm to health.
Favorable place to collect this healthy drink is an environmentally friendly forest, which is located away from the city, highways and industrial zones.
When gathering birch sap
Begin collecting during the melting of snow, when the birch buds swell, and finish - when the leaves bloom. There are no definite dates for the beginning and the end of the collection, because in all regions of the country this happens at different times.
Appearance of juice depends on weather and climate. For example, in the Moscow region and central Russia you can collect juice at the end of March, in the regions that are located to the south, you can start collecting in early March, and in the northern regions, beyond the Urals and Altai collect it in late April.
The collection period is very short, ranging from 10 to 14 days a year. It is necessary to observe, and as soon as the first signs of the end of winter and the onset of spring appear, you can follow the birch gift.
With the help of thin sewing, you can check whether the time has come to collect the juice or not yet. It is necessary to come to the forest and in a small birch to make a puncture with this awl, if a drop comes out at the puncture site, it means that the juice can already be collected.
Best of all, juice is released during the daytime, sap flow stops at night, therefore morning time is the best.
There are “secrets” for a successful gathering that not everyone knows:
- the thermometer should have an air temperature greater than 5 degrees Celsius,
- better to collect from 10:00 to 18:00,
- when the weather is sunny, clear, the juice flows better,
- need to collect from the south side of birch,
- if it rains after a thaw, you have to wait for favorable weather, as it is not the best time to collect,
- in a birch grove in the forest is collected Eco-friendly birch sap, in swampy places and in the city to get it is not recommended, as this can lead to allergies, and in rare cases to poisoning.
The possible number of cuts in the tree depends on the volume of the birch trunk; the thicker the trunk, the more punctures you can make. If the diameter of a birch tree is on average from 20 to 25 centimeters, then one puncture can be made on the trunk, with a trunk volume of about 30 centimeters, two punctures are allowed. Three holes are made in trees of 35 centimeters, and four holes are made only in trees with a volume of more than 40 centimeters.
The first step is to use trees that grow from the south side of the forest, as they awaken before the others under the sun.
A birch of medium size per day produces three to four liters of sap, and large trees up to seven liters. For prey it is better to choose old trees, which will soon go under the cutting. Young trees do not need to be injured, as they may die.
Juice collection tools
Currently used to collect various adaptations:
- Containers for collection (glass jar, plastic bottle, plastic bag, bag, bucket).
- The cocktail tube (the container is attached to the barrel, and the tube is inserted into it and fixed at the neck).
- Aluminum groove with serifs (to suspend collection container).
- Funnel (to collect juice without strait).
- Wooden groove and wooden packaging under it (the Old Believers use such a device).
- The grass collected in a bunch (plays a channel role on which drink will flow).
- Wooden stakes wallet (means for removal).
- Technological kit, specially made to collect the liquid.
How to collect birch sap
There are rules to consider when collecting this drink. Directly, the juice is located between the bark of the tree and the wood, so there is no need to make deep punctures and cuts.
To collect the juice, you need select suitable trees. You should not take it from young trees, and also focus your attention on one tree. It is better to choose several trunks: it is possible to collect five liters of drink using five trees (one liter from each) than to take five liters from one barrel.
Then you need to make a puncture or an incision in the trunk of the tree, into which you carefully insert an aluminum or plastic groove, along which the juice will run off into a container attached to the tree. In order not to destroy the tree, you can not make cuts with an ax, but rather use a drill with a thin drill.
For collection, it is better to select containers with a narrow neck, so, with the least probability there will be grass, leaves and other garbage. A good option would be a plastic bottle that is very easy to tie to a tree.
The best way to collect birch sap is to pick it with a dropper; with such a gathering, the least damage is done to the tree. To do this, you need to drill a small hole in the tree with a drill, from two to five centimeters deep and no more. Then insert the tip of the system from the dropper, and put the other end, with the needle removed, into the container. All the time you need to control the filling of the container.
If the rate of release has decreased, you do not need to make a hole deeper, because you can harm the tree, but it is better to move to another tree. After the collection is finished, the system from the dropper must be removed, and the stick should be inserted into the hole and covered with wax and moss. After these procedures, the juice will no longer stand out, but will begin to flow to the branches. The tree itself will heal the resulting wound and in a year there will be no trace of the puncture site.
If you follow these guidelines, you can collect enough nectar without harming the tree.
Birch drink storage
Freshly harvested birch nectar not subject to long storage. Fresh juice is stored in the refrigerator for no more than three days, without losing its useful nutrients. In order to preserve the collected drink for longer, it is preserved in cans, boiled syrup.
Birch sap without treatment quickly turns sour, so they prepare kvass from it, make homemade wine, insist on dried fruits and herbs. To do this, take a glass jar, put it in dried fruit, various herbs (thyme, chamomile, linden, cumin, rosehip) and pour fresh juice, covering with gauze. Insist 12-14 days in a cool and dark place. After you get a fruit or herbal kvass.
You can use birch sap every day. If you use one glass a day for a month, a person’s general well-being will become much better, sleep will stabilize, swelling will disappear, immunity will be stronger. In the birch sap, you can add juices of different berries, such as, for example, blueberries, currants, mountain ash, lingonberries. And it is also useful to add infusions of lemon balm, St. John's wort, mint.
Birch nectar is considered the most useful remedy for avitaminosis, cold. It is indispensable in order to improve and strengthen the body.
Unique drink and its benefits
There is a belief in the people: "Whoever drinks birch juice will get drunk, that health and vigor will be gathered for the whole year."
Many people know about the benefits of birch sap. It is useful for the whole body. First, restores the metabolism. Secondly, it gives strength and vigor, normalizes pressure. Thirdly, it is a storehouse of vitamin C.
More recently, everyone could enjoy this drink. Now the production of birch sap has decreased. Now it is difficult to find a natural product even in supermarkets. That is why many people prefer to extract juice on their own. It turns out this is a simple procedure.
Collect birch sap can anyone. The main thing is to know the basic rules.
Observe the law, take care of your national treasure!
Do not worry, the legislation of the Russian Federation to collect birch sap allows. The main thing is to keep the tree alive after your prey. Otherwise, you will be fined.
To prevent this, choose an adult birch with a diameter of 25 cm. And also do not make rough and deep cuts, harmful to the tree.
- collect young birch sap,
- make deep hacks with an ax,
- to collect more than 10 liters of juice from one tree (a couple of liters from one tree is enough; it is better to bypass a few birches).
The correct time of the year
The exact date when you need to go for birch sap, no one will tell you. It all depends on the weather conditions and the climate of the region. Usually in Moscow, the Moscow region and in central Russia, the juice appears in the third decade of March, in the southern regions - in early March, and in the northern, beyond the Urals and in the Altai Territory - by the end of April.
Be observant, as soon as the first signs of spring began to appear, you can run to the birch for a check. Look at the kidneys, if they started to swell, then you can check by making a small hole in the trunk. Most likely, the juice will already be running with might and main.
But if the kidneys are still dry, it is worth waiting a bit, as there will most likely not be juice. Or will, but in scant quantities.
Temperature, no rain, suitable hours of the day and other nuances
There are several "secrets of success" that should be known in advance:
- The air temperature should reach 5 degrees Celsius.
- If after a thaw frost hit or it started to rain, this is not the best time to collect birch sap. It is better to wait for more favorable weather conditions. Otherwise, you just lose time.
- The best time to collect juice is from 11:00 to 16:00.
When there is more sunlight, birch sap flows more intensely.
Clean and high-quality birch sap can be collected only in the forest, in a birch grove, where environmentally friendly environment. Also avoid swampy places. Birch sap cannot be collected in the city, especially near factories. It is fraught with allergies, in the worst case - poisoning.
Birch sap cannot be collected in the city. It is fraught with allergies, in the worst case - poisoning. And, of course, near the factories and plants to collect birch sap is excluded.
Instructions for working with wood
This rule overlaps with the first. The thicker the tree, the better. Young birch will not give as much sap as an adult tree can give.
If you choose the right source, then from one birch you can collect up to 7 liters of juice at a time.
And after completing the procedure, be sure to treat the injured birch site. To do this, cover the cuts and holes with garden pitch or close them with a homemade wood stopper.
By means of a groove - plastic, aluminum or wooden
- V-shaped aluminum trough
- At a distance of 40 cm from the ground we drill a not very deep hole.
Juice circulates between the bark and stem base. Therefore, drill deep does not make sense.
- Carefully around the hole clean the top layer of bark with an ax. This is done so that the juice does not collect dirt and runs down a clean stream.
- Install the groove. To do this, insert the aluminum trough with an ax under the hole. The groove should be at an angle of 45 degrees.
Thus, on average, you can collect a liter of juice in 20 minutes.
Without devices - only hands and a knife
You will need: a sharp knife, a container for juice.
- We are looking for a place on birch where the bark is flat. Make a V-shaped incision of the upper layer of the bark.
- Slightly turn down the incised bark. It turned out a kind of "hook".
- Above the “crochet” with a knife, we make cuts deeper so that juice begins to stand out.
- Substitute or attach the container. Sap flows through the bark directly into the container
This method is good when you relax with your family or friends in nature. For a couple of minutes you will collect a mug of juice.
Collecting in a package (bag) or bottle from a branch
- sharp knife or hatchet,
- We select the appropriate branch. It should be no thinner than a finger, not move away from the trunk, but from another thick branch and grow to the side, not up.
- We cut off the end of our branch.
- Attach it to the container. You can wire the plastic bottle, and you can tie the bag.
With a dropper
- medical dropper,
- plastic bottle.
If you need a lot of juice for sale or for preservation, it is better to use dense plastic bags as a container.
polyethylene bags with birch sap
- We drill a hole in birch. We clean from sawdust.
- Remove the needle from one end of the dropper. Insert the cambric into the hole.
- Insert the other end of the dropper with a needle into a plastic bottle, piercing it.
This is one of the most common ways to collect birch sap. As it is possible to collect up to 7 liters of juice quickly and without harm to the tree.
Video: how to collect birch sap dropper
As you can see, there are many different options for extracting birch sap. Choose the one that you prefer. And do not forget to comply with the measure and rules. Then birch every year will thank you for its wonderful sap.SharePinTweetSendSendSend