There are many insect pests that can pose a great danger to crops and lead to a decrease in yield to critical values. Among these creatures - aphid, or plant louse. The sucking insect attacks most cultivated plants, as a result of which they become depressed and soon die.
Based on the foregoing, if you detect any symptoms of the parasite, it is necessary to take radical measures as soon as possible and begin to act decisively. Otherwise, the culture may simply dry out.
Every gardener and summer resident should know how to get rid of aphids and prevent its occurrence in the future. To do this, he needs to learn all the popular means of dealing with aphids.
Adult aphids very tiny - 0.5-2 millimeters. The insect possesses an ovoid body, which is immediately crushed by the slightest pressing. Today, there are about 4,000 varieties of agricultural aphids, which may differ in external features.
If we talk about fruit trees and ornamental crops, including rose and chrysanthemum, then most often they are affected by green aphids. In turn, bean cornflowers are exposed to black aphids. There are also other types of pests, including:
The pest can be with wings, and sometimes without them. Crawling individuals get on a plant together with ants. Aphids have a high reproduction rate, and the colony grows incredibly fast. Every 14 days, 150 larvae appear, which soon become adults. To protect your crops from extermination, you need to know how to destroy aphids in a short time. Very often the struggle with such a scourge makes you spend a lot of time and effort.
Hazardous insect activity is accompanied by sucking cell sap from buds, leaves and stems, which leads to depletion of the culture and reduction of the nutrient content in the green parts. In the end, the culture simply fades, and sometimes dies. Most often, young plants with a weak immune system suffer from aphids.
Laying the pad on the leaves (sticky discharge), the aphid causes inhibition of the natural process - photosynthesis. In addition, it can carry all sorts of bacteria, viruses and fungi that lead to a variety of diseases.
In most cases, plant lice appear on untidy areas and soil formulations with a high content of nitrogenous substances, or lack of phosphorus.
How do symptoms of aphids show up?
To find out that an uninvited “guest” appeared on your plants is simple. This will be followed following features:
- the appearance of light formations and white scales on the underside of the leaves,
- massive accumulation of "ant tracks" around the plant,
- twisting and yellowing of sheet plates,
- insufficient development of twisted buds.
As soon as the first signs of the appearance of aphids begin to show themselves very intensely, it is necessary to begin a radical struggle against the parasite in a short time. The most effective solution will be the treatment of insecticidal drugs.
But if we talk about vegetable crops, the greens of which are used as food, use of chemical solutions is extremely undesirable and unsafe.
For this reason, experienced gardeners are looking for a truly effective folk remedies for aphids, preferring soap solutions, decoctions, tobacco infusions and others. Also sometimes used mechanical treatment, in which the destruction of anthills. At the early stage of the lesion helps the manual collection of insects.
How to deal with aphids
If you want to arrange an effective struggle by popular methods, do not forget that such means only frighten off the pest, but do not completely destroy it. To see a noticeable result, it is necessary to process garden crops at least three times with an interval of 7-10 days. It is better to start the treatment activities in the evening, in warm and calm weather. As soon as it starts to rain, the procedure is repeated.
A good preventative solution for spraying the garden is wood ash infusionby which the leaves are powdered. To prepare the composition you need:
- take 300 grams of wood ash,
- boil them in a 10-liter bucket of water for half an hour,
- after cooling, add 40 g of soap,
Very effectively fights ammonia with aphids. To prepare a highly effective means enough to dilute 2 tablespoons of alcohol in a ten-liter bucket of water, and also mix them with 40 grams of soap before the procedure. After two weeks the treatment should be repeated.
Many summer residents have learned to get rid of aphids with the help of a soap solution, as the sprayed leaves become unsuitable for insect food. There are several simple ways to prepare the composition:
- 300 grams of laundry soap is diluted in a ten-liter bucket of water, rubbing it on a fine grater,
- Then you need to thoroughly dissolve the product in a bucket and start applying.
Solutions based on liquid soap in a ratio of 125 grams per 10 liters also perform well. Soap products are diluted with ash or onion peel. Using the solution, you can spray the stems and leaves of plants in the garden, paying particular attention to the lower part of the culture.
If you intend to fight the dangerous scourge with the most effective folk methods, try green soap solution. To prepare it is very simple:
- we take 9 liters of water and mix 20 grams of mustard powder and 200 grams of green soap well into them,
- We bring in copper sulfate in the proportion of 20 grams per liter.
Also for processing you can use the composition of 100 grams of tar soap, diluted in a ten-liter bucket.
If you intend to process ornamental crops and destroy aphids in a quick time, try using other soap solutions for rose bushes. In case of severe damage, it is enough to spray the rose with an infusion of 100-200 grams of laundry soap, diluted in a bucket of water.
Other folk remedies to deal with aphids in the garden
You can also get rid of aphids with the help of ordinary washing powder. However, when using such a solution, observe increased caution and proper dosage, otherwise the culture may get burned. Based on the different composition of powders, the concentration must be selected independently. It is best to start with a 1% solution.
Strange as it may seem, but such a dangerous inhabitant as a plant louse can fear not only household products, but also some cultures. For example, the aphids avoid meeting with chamomile, marigolds, dandelions, wormwood, celandine, yarrow, tansy, garlic, red pepper and onions.
Given these features, you can create a very effective means of flea on the basis of the above herbs, or simply plant such plants near your garden.
Excellent deterrent properties are characteristic. from potato tops. To cook them, it is enough to take a kilogram of fresh tops, carefully chop on a grater and pour a bucket of water. After a three-hour infusion in a dark room, the solution must be drained. To maximize the effectiveness of the created product, you can add 30-40 grams of laundry soap to it.
Some gardeners recommend treating affected plants with infusion of onions and onion peel. To prepare it is very simple:
- we take 200 grams of husk and insist in a 10-liter bucket of warm water for 12-15 hours, then we filter,
- The following recipe involves mixing onion peel with citrus peel, and then defending for three days,
- You can also take 200 grams of onion heads, chop them thoroughly and infuse in a 10-liter bucket of water for 12-18 hours. For a more noticeable result, 40 grams of soap is used.
Excellent struggling with aphids infusion based on pharmacy chamomile. To create it is enough to take a kilogram of dry leaves and inflorescences, which are infused for 12 hours. After that, the solution is filtered through cheesecloth.
Application of coniferous broths and other means
Aphids react poorly to coniferous compoundstherefore, the fight against it should be carried out with decoctions and infusions of pine needles. During the week, 10 kilograms of needles should be infused in 10 liters of water, mixing it daily. Immediately before use, the composition must be drained and diluted with water, maintaining a proportion of 1: 3 for spraying. If we are talking about making aisle - 1: 1.
Not bad manifests itself a solution based on pharmaceutical concentrate in the proportion of 4 tablespoons per 10 liters of water.
You can fight with aphids with shag and tobacco. Tobacco, tobacco dust and tobacco is the basis of dry infusions, decoctions and solutions.
If you intend to make a highly effective brew, follow this instruction:
- We take 200 grams of dry tobacco leaves, chop them and pour 5 liters of water. After daily infusion, it is necessary to bring the volume of liquid to 10 liters and boil over low heat,
To create a decoction, you need to take one part of tobacco dust, pour 10 parts of water and put it in a cold place so that the decoction can be drawn for at least two days.
It is known that plant louse loves viburnum very much. Very often, it settles on such a tree en masse, clinging around the branches of the plant is very tight. Therefore, the question: "How to get rid of aphids on Kalina?" - Disturbs many gardeners.
The following solutions work well:
- We take 1 cup of tobacco dust or fringe, 1 cup of wood ash, 1 tablespoon of liquid soap, 1 tablespoon of mustard, and then pour them with 2-3 liters of water at a temperature of + 70 ... 80 degrees. Then the solution must be infused for two hours and thoroughly filtered. In the future, you need to bring the amount of water up to 10 liters, and proceed to spraying the underside of the leaves. Processing is best done three times with an interval of 6-8 days.
What plants, birds and insects are the real enemies of aphids
In addition to a number of plants, the aphid is very much afraid of some natural enemies, such as ladybirds, praying mantises, wasps, ground beetles, bugs. Also, birds, such as sparrows, tits, linnets, blood beetles, robins, are quickly dealt with plant lice.
For this reason, many gardeners are attracted to their site different birds, building for them feeders, drinkers and nests. Also insects can be lured by planting plants such as parsley and carrots.
Now you know many effective ways to deal with aphids. If you spend a little time and effort, show patience and desire, you can find a truly effective solution that will allow you to expel aphid from the site for a long time.
In conclusion, you need to bring a number of useful recommendations about the use of folk remedies on different species of plants.
For example, fruit trees and shrubs are best processed three times:
- at the beginning of bud formation,
- after they bloom,
- two weeks before harvest,
As for spraying the berries, it is better to have such an action before the start of flowering and after harvesting. The last processing actions must be performed one month before the harvest.
Using the infusions of tops, potatoes, tomato, tobacco, henbane and dope, the harvest cannot be eaten. another 10-14 days.
That's all, now you know how to overcome such a dangerous and widespread pest, protecting your agricultural and ornamental crops from destruction. Just never postpone urgent processing for tomorrow, and do not assume the opinion that everything will fall into place without your participation. The faster and more radical you act, the faster the problem will leave your garden.
What types of aphids are
All kinds of aphids are dangerous to our plants. And there are many kinds of them. Even in color, they are different: green, gray, even black. The leaves on which the aphids settled first twist and then gradually die off. Green young shoots on trees, shrubs are warped, their growth stops. On vegetable plants inhabited by aphids, the leaves first dry, and then the whole plant.
Aphids do not pupate for winter, wintering in the egg stage, which are usually oval-shaped, glittering, black, their length can reach 0.5 mm. In spring, larvae hatch from eggs, which look like adults. In general, you can tell a lot about tla. It turns out that among them there are founding females, females settler, females females. The details of the vital activity of each individual are interesting, but they will lead us away from the main topic.
We, gardeners, are more likely to be interested in the information that over the summer in the northern regions more than seven generations of aphids will be born, and in the south - more than seventeen. You feel how much harm you can expect from these uninvited inhabitants of our gardens and orchards.
Aphids and ants
At the very beginning I mentioned the friendship of an aphid with ants. To obtain sweet excrement as food, ants act as guards for aphids. They even help aphids move the frosty winter - they take the females to their nest. Take care of tla so that she does not die of hunger, transfer it to new young succulent shoots.
In the forest, ants are perhaps the most useful insects. And in the garden, they are not so useful because of the union with aphids.
Natural enemies will help get rid of aphids
For many years now, many farms, farmers, specially launch different types of aft cows in greenhouses, people call them “lady” cows. They significantly reduce the number of aphids in vegetable crops. Moreover, adults and larvae of hibernate cows easily find aphids. During the day, one ladybird can kill up to 100 pieces of aphids. Seven-spotted ladybird destroys pests on garden crops, wild herbs. On the planting of cucumbers they produce melons and aphids, peppers, and tomatoes - peppers.
Ladybirds are attracted to honey-bearing flowers, such as mustard, phacelia, and dill.
How to get rid of aphids
There are effective folk remedies to combat aphids:
- dandelion infusion - 400 g leaves or 200 g with rhizomes pour 10 liters of warm water, leave for 2 hours,
- onion peel extract - 150-200 g insist in 10 l of water 4-5 days, strain before use,
- an infusion of potato or tomato tops — 1.2 kg of tops — pour 10 liters of water, leave for 3-4 hours,
- infusion of celandine - fill the bucket with ¼ celandine, pour cold water on it, let it brew for 24 hours, drain, spray,
- Pepper infusion - 50 g of ground red pepper pour 1 liter of boiling water, leave for at least 2 hours. The resulting concentrate diluted in 10 liters of water, process them plants. If necessary, repeat in 10-15 days.
In all these infusions before spraying, you can add 1 teaspoon of liquid soap or 40 g of soap chips. This is necessary for better adhesion of infusions to the leaves.
By the way, foliar feeding can also help get rid of aphids. Composition of top dressing: 20 g of superphosphate + 10 g of potassium chloride per 10 l of water. When spraying, try to soak the leaves not only from above, but also from below. Repeat treatment after 6-7 days.
Any spraying is carried out in dry weather in the morning or in the evening, but not with abundant dew and not before the rain.
The first way to deal with aphids, which will be considered, is the use of special toxic substances, since this technique is the most effective, gives a guaranteed result and provides protection against this type of pests.
All types of modern insecticides designed to combat aphids can be divided into two types of drugs:
- Contact agents that infect insects on contact, as well as ingress to the digestive or respiratory system.
- Systemic agents that are absorbed inside the plants, infecting aphids, starting to eat them.
To achieve a positive result, insecticides must be properly selected, below is a brief overview of the most effective options:
- "Aktara" is a moderately dangerous biological type insecticide which is always popular with many gardeners and flower growers due to its complex effect on different types of insects. The drug is capable of not only destroying aphids, but also provides reliable protection against various types of mites, moths and beetles. It is not recommended to use in the immediate vicinity of apiaries, because it represents a deadly threat to bees. It is produced in the form of an emulsion, which must be diluted with water, complete destruction of pests usually occurs within 2-3 days. You can buy the product at a price of 20-25 rubles per ampoule, the volume of which is 4 ml. The analogue of this insecticide is the drug "Agravertin".
- The “Double Effect” spark is an insecticide that acts on the aphids by direct contact or ingestion. The main active components included in the composition are cypermethrin and permethrin. Это очень распространенные и оказывающие губительное влияние на большинство видов насекомых вещества, поэтому обработанные растения получают комплексную защиту. Препарат вызывает ряд сбоев в центральной нервной системе вредителей, которые последовательно приводят к параличу, невозможности выполнения элементарных действий для поддержания жизнедеятельности и гибели. Выпускается данное средство в форме таблеток для разведения в воде, the cost of one package is about 40 rubles.
- “Commander” is a systemic type insecticide that can be used for soil treatment or spraying of affected trees and plants. The main active ingredient is imidacloprid - a common and effective poisonous substance that has a high level of toxicity for many insects. Available "Commander" in the form of a concentrate intended for subsequent dilution in water. It provides protection against the reappearance of insects for 1-1.5 months after the treatment, dangerous for bees, therefore, it is not allowed to use insecticide near apiaries. The approximate cost is about 50-70 rubles per 10 ml ampoule.
- "Fitoverm" is an insecticide of biological origin, the effect is achieved due to the special properties of the soil fungus, on the basis of which the drug acts. The tool can be used for processing indoor plants, and for use in the agricultural industry. "Fitoverm" is able to destroy not only aphids, but also various types of ticks, in which it causes paralysis first, and then death. The approximate price of a 50 ml bottle is 170 rubles.
- "Fufanon" is an insecticide, the basis of the composition of which are various organic phosphorus compounds, it is one of the main analogues of "Malathion". This drug can be used against most flying and crawling pests. You can buy one ampoule of 6.5 ml for 30 rubles, from which you will get about 5-6 liters of the active substance. However, it is not recommended to process fruit crops less than 20 days before the harvest begins.
- "Tanrek" is a well-known insecticide, the main active component of which is imidacloprid. Allows not only to effectively destroy aphids, but also provides high-quality protection against the reappearance of insects. Its term can range from several weeks to a month depending on the amount of precipitation that fell. The cost of a 1.5 ml ampoule is about 30 rubles.
There are also a number of folk remedies that allow them to resist the aphids; many of them still have not lost their popularity and are actively used by gardeners.
Some of the options for such pest control are discussed below:
- Prepare a container with 10 liters of ordinary water, in which it is necessary to dilute about 300 grams. laundry soap. In some cases, the use of liquid soap is allowed, but then its volume will need to be halved. The resulting solution is treated diseased plants.
- Grate about 100 grams. tar soap, which is diluted in 10 liters of water for the preparation of the solution, which treated affected cultures.
- In a container with 10 liters of water add about 300 grams of wood ash, bring the liquid to a boil and maintain it in this form for about half an hour. To increase the effectiveness of the product, it is recommended to add a small amount of soap to it immediately before treatment.
- About 200 grams of garlic should be minced as much as possible so that it takes the form of a slurry, which is mixed with a liter of ordinary water. This mixture must be put in a dark place and defend for 4-5 days. After that, out of every 25 ml of infusion, you can get about 10 liters of the active agent for processing, but be sure to observe the proportions mentioned so as not to cause burns to the plants.
- Approximately 400 grams of horse sorrel roots are poured with water, the mixture is brought to a boiling state. After that, she needs to be allowed to cool down and in just three hours the agent will be ready for use against the aphids.
- Take 100 grams of crusts from any citrus fruit and soak in a liter of warm, but not hot water. The tool should stand in a dark place for three days, after which they can process any plants.
- Finely chop a kilogram of potato tops, but for the preparation of the tool, it must be completely healthy and not exposed to any pests. The plant is filled with 10 liters of water, after which the liquid settles for three hours. For cooking, you can use and dried potato tops, but in this case, its amount is reduced by 1.5-2 times.
- Take 200 grams of tobacco leaves and pour 5 liters of water, then leave to stand for 3-4 days. After the expiration of the specified period, add another 5 liters of water, after which the agent will need to be drained to get rid of the unnecessary thick residue of used foliage.
There are several other alternative methods for eliminating aphids, some of which are listed below:
- Mechanical methods, which consist in the destruction of insects with their hands when they are detected or washed away from the plants with water from a hose. These options are less effective because they only get rid of the detected individuals and do not provide any protection against reappearance.
- Planted in the garden nettle or spicy herbs. This attracts the attention of many birds whose diet includes aphids, as well as beneficial insects, for example, ladybirds, which are natural enemies of aphids.
- At the moment, the larvae of many beneficial insects, for example, gold-eyed, can be purchased in stores. They are produced in the garden, after which adults grow from them, which begin to multiply. This method can significantly reduce the population of pests, although in most cases their number is not enough to completely destroy large colonies.
- Cultivation of Dalmatian chamomile, garlic or onion can scare aphids from a certain area, since this insect does not tolerate the above-mentioned species of plants.
Features disposal in the garden
Below are some measures that may contribute to aphids in the garden:
- Differentiation of different types of plants. You can plant attractive for aphids options at a considerable distance from those crops that require additional protection from pests. The presence of begonias, nasturtiums, or soporific poppies on a plot is likely to distract the attention of these insects from other plants. From trees, pests prefer to settle on Kalina or linden, if most of the population is concentrated on these rocks, then it will be much easier to find and destroy it.
- Sparrows, tits, blood flakes, robins and some other breeds of small birds very often hunt for aphids, as it is the ideal food for chicks. In the presence of large populations of birds can themselves pay attention to the site and assist in the destruction of pests, but sometimes they need to be further involved, for example, by installing feeders. However, it must be borne in mind that many of them feed on the fruits of trees, so they can both help and harm.
- Fertilizers, ohEspecially the nitrogen type should be used with extreme caution, since they can cause plants to significantly spread the aphid, which will attract the attention of an abundance of young and fresh greenery.
Features disposal on indoor plants
Aphids are started not only in gardens or on summer cottages, and plants grown at home are often the targets for her attacks.
In this case, the process of getting rid of these pests will have a number of individual features, which are described below:
- Often the main means of struggle is the treatment of leaves with soapy water or any kinds of vegetable oils. This technique does not provide any protection, but allows you to effectively get rid of existing individuals, because the liquid with the addition of these components acquire a viscous structure, envelops the body of insects and disrupts the respiratory processes in their body.
- Treatment with alcohol also shows good results, but only a pure medical variety is suitable for the implementation of this procedure. This alcohol evaporates very quickly, and it is virtually impossible to burn them. However, it is not recommended to carry out this practice for treating plants with very sensitive and fine foliage.
- In most cases, all varieties of insecticides that are used against aphids and in the garden are suitable; Aktara is the most popular. Often this is the most effective option for the destruction of insects, which will additionally create protection against their reappearance.
The advantages of self-made tools are:
- versatility and simplicity
- insignificant harm and toxicity,
- low acquisition cost,
- optimal shelf life.
There are many ways that will have a favorable result in the protection of the garden, vegetable garden or flower garden. These methods include folk recipes, specially planted plants or vegetables that drive away the malicious pest, etc.
Infusions to combat aphids
Will help get rid of annoying parasites funds based on a variety of herbs. For shrubs or fruit trees, prepared solutions and decoctions are not advisable to use at the time of flowering. Harvesting is necessary 2-3 weeks after the manipulation. When the tool is applied to vegetables, the harvest should be carried out a month after processing.
The most effective infusions are:
- Onion. It will take 35 g of finely chopped onion (onion peel is possible), which needs to be poured over 1 liter of water and infused for about 5 hours. Then add 5 g of soap to the composition. Infusion strain and supplement with 1 l of water.
- Peel the potatoes. Grind 1 kg of peel for 3 hours to insist in 10 liters of water. If the tops are dry, then 0.6-0.8 kg will be enough.
- Velvet Take half a bucket of flowering finely chopped plants, pour water to the top, for 2 days to insist. Then strain and add 40 g of soap.
- Garlic. It will take 200 g of chopped vegetable, which is filled with 1 liter of water and infused for about 4-5 days. The result is a concentrated infusion. 25 ml of this product should be diluted in 10 liters of water.
- Pine. For 7 days in 4 liters of liquid insist 1 kg of needles. Once a day, you need to blab. Handle in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Flowers, celandine stems. Finely chop 0.4 kg of this plant, pour in 1 liter of water, insist for 24 hours and boil no more than 0.5 hours on low heat.
- Chamomile. In 1 liter of water add 100 g of dry plant, insist 12 hours. Proportion of 1 part of infusion and 3 parts of water (with the addition of soap 4 g: 1 l) should be sprayed with the affected cultures.
- Citrus peel. 100 g of dried crusts pour 1 liter of warm liquid. Insist 3 days.
- Nettle. 500 g of fresh leaves are filled with 5 liters of water and aged 12-24 hours.
- Yarrow The plant should be purchased at the beginning of flowering (without root). Dry yarrow is crushed, filled with 1 liter of hot water, soap is added and infused for 2 days. To process cultures 2 times a day for 7 days.
For the preparation of infusions can be used hot pepper, tomato tops, dope, bitter and other healing herbs.
The primary measure against parasites is the "bathing" of plants. Household flowers should be washed under running water. If a fleeting aphid settles on a plant, then it will be easy to wash it off. Garden greenery can be watered.
Ammonia vs aphid
This tool perfectly repels pests, because the aphid is sufficiently susceptible to ammonia vapors, in addition, is considered to be feeding for intensive growth.
It will take 50 ml of alcohol diluted in 10 liters of water. While spraying the plant, the composition should be thoroughly shaken. For better adhesion, it is good to add a quarter of a piece of soap (optional). You can handle them street and indoor plants.
There are several recipes for making tools:
- 300 g of finely chopped soap is diluted in 10 l of water, after which the treatment is carried out,
- 125 g of liquid soap is diluted in 10 liters of water, you can also add onion husks or ashes, wipe the stems, leaves with the resulting solution or spray it,
- 5 tbsp. l laundry soap or dishwashing detergent is diluted in 1 liter of water, then spraying is performed,
- Dilute 100 g of tar soap in a bucket of water, spray it on crops,
- the fourth part of the crushed households. soap, 1 tbsp. l soda is dissolved in 1 liter of non-hot water (in case of precipitation, using only soda, it is quickly washed off).
Adding an article to a new collection
Aphid settles on any plants - from indoor flowers to mature trees. During the season, a colony of insects can cause serious damage to both the plants themselves and the future harvest. Therefore, against the pests use a range of safe means.
Currently, more than 4,000 species of aphid are known, of which about 1,000 live in Europe. This insect with an inordinate appetite carries dangerous viruses and provokes the development of anomalies in plants.
Aphids reproduce very quickly and in a matter of days occupies the beds. From its invasion especially cucumbers, cabbage, legumes and pumpkin crops suffer. Young shoots slow growth, fruit production decreases, plants wither and die.
Methods of dealing with aphids
There are many ways to combat aphids. However, not all of them are safe for plants and humans and are really effective. Therefore, the first step is to apply methods that do not harm the environment. In addition, it is desirable that when using them it was not necessary to withstand quarantine periods before harvesting.
Do not forget to fight with garden ants - they usually appear simultaneously with aphids
It should be noted that attracting birds, beneficial insects to the site, planting repellent plants is used only for prophylaxis, and not for pest control. Ladybirds and golden-eyes will not cope with several colonies of aphids.
Some gardeners are advised to plant in the beds fragrant flowers and herbs - dill, marigold, mint. However, these plants are also susceptible to aphids, so they cannot serve as 100% protection.
We suggest paying attention to safe methods of dealing with aphids that actually work.
The fight against aphids folk remedies
Aphids feed on sap of mostly young leaves and branches, since it is not capable of piercing a rigid sheet plate with its proboscis. If we treat young plants with aggressive chemicals, we risk damaging the tender shoots. Therefore, it is better to turn to time-tested folk methods of dealing with aphids.
Use plain water if you need to get rid of aphids on plants with dense, hard leaves. Water irrigates bushes and tall plants, feeding fluid from a hose under pressure, while the insects simply flush to the ground. They can't get back themselves - ants are dragging them. Arrange the plants such a summer "shower" regularly, until the pest completely disappears.
Soap solution from aphids
On 1 liter of water, add 4-5 tbsp. detergent for dishes, washing powder, liquid or laundry soap. It is better to use soap without adding strong flavors, since their smell, on the contrary, attracts pests.
But tar soap with its sharp aroma can be quite effective. Dissolve a bar of soap (100 g) in 10 liters of water and use the resulting liquid to treat the plants with a spray bottle.
Aphids have many natural enemies: ladybugs, golden eyes, ground beetles, earwigs, etc.
Tobacco infusion against aphids on plants
You will need a glass of tobacco, tobacco leaves or just cigarette butts. Brew tobacco in 5 liters of boiling water, leave for a day and strain. The solution is quite concentrated, so do not use it on plants before harvesting. Collect the fruit will be no earlier than a week after treatment.
Acute herbal infusions against aphids
Aphid does not tolerate "spicy dishes." Horseradish, garlic, hot peppers help get rid of this insect without unnecessary trouble. Finely chop the roots and leaves of horseradish, fill the container with a third and add boiling water to the top. Let it stand for a day.
1-2 pods of bitter pepper cut into pieces, cover with a liter of boiling water, let it brew for several hours. Garlic brew is more difficult to prepare. A large head of garlic, finely chopped or crushed, brew 1 liter of boiling water. When the liquid has cooled, add 2 tsp to it. any detergent or soap and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil.
Vegetable, fruit and berry crops process against aphids no later than a month before harvest.
Against aphids infusion of celandine is effective. For 10 liters of water, take 3-4 kg of raw grass (whole plant) or 1 kg dry, let it stand for 1-2 days, strain, add soap.
Signs of plant damage by aphids
As already mentioned, the aphid has a very small size and prefers to be on the back of the leaves, so it is not always possible to spot these insects in time.
However, there are a number of signs that indicate their presence:
- The presence of small white waste, which is an old skin, discarded by aphids.
- Наличие липкой жидкости на листьях или бутонах, это специфический секрет, выделяемый вредителями.
- Отсутствие развития плодов или раскрытия имеющихся бутонов.
- Недоразвитость листвы, они имеют плохой внешний вид и скручиваются во внутреннюю сторону.
Борьба с тлей на садовом участке с помощью золы
Раствор золы можно использовать как самостоятельное средство, так и наряду с мылом. Зола разбрасывается по земле около необходимых растений или посыпается на пораженные листья, ветви, заранее обрызганные водой.
- 1.5 kg of ash combined with 50 g of green soap, add cooled to 60-70 ° C water, insist and process the necessary areas,
- 1 cup of ash is diluted in 5 liters of liquid, infused for 12 hours and ready to use,
- 300 g of ash is mixed with 50 g of soap, 10 l of water is poured and put on the fire for half an hour, leaves and stems are washed with a warm solution.
Vinegar and Soda Aphid
Fighting aphids in the garden plot or garden involves the use of vinegar and soda - the tools available in every home.
A solution of vinegar is very effective in the fight against various insects. It is made quite simply and does not require any costs. It will take a bucket of water 2 tbsp. l vinegar. The composition is obtained with a small concentration of acid, so the culture is absolutely no harm, and the sharp smell will remain. It happens that the aphid is located in the middle of the twisted, affected leaves and it is not always possible to carefully treat the plant. Therefore, you can water from a simple watering can.
A solution of soda is harmless to plants and does not appear negative on the fruit, but it will help to get rid of the aphids. To prepare the required 1 tbsp. l baking soda and 10 liters of water. The composition is sprayed with damaged cultures.
Recipes for cooking:
- 5 liters of water are combined with 200 g of finely chopped dried tobacco leaves, for a day insist, then pour the liquid up to a full bucket, put to boil for 2 hours,
- 1 part of the dust is mixed with 10 parts of the liquid, 2 days infused, and then diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3, then 40 g of soap is added to 10 liters,
- 1 cup of dust and wood ash, 1 tbsp. l mustard and liquid soap is supplemented with 2-3 liters of approximately 70-80 ° C water, aged for 2 hours and filtered, the liquid is filled up to 10 liters, it is desirable to process the lower part of the sheet 3 times at intervals of 7 days.
Tobacco dust promotes fertilization of the soil, increasing the intensity of microorganisms in it and improving the yield.
At the stage of influence on the parasite, they are divided into 2 types:
- Scarers. With their odorous substances they disperse the aphids. These are plants and vegetables with manifested aroma: garlic, onion, basil, marigold, coriander, fennel, lavender, mustard, etc. They are well planted next to the protected crops - between the rows, along the edges of the holes.
- Attractors. These plants lure the parasites to themselves, withdrawing from the necessary culture. It can be petunia, begonia, poppy, nasturtium, kosmeya. Such trees as linden, bird cherry, viburnum also attract aphids. These plants should be placed away from all major crops.
And the defenders themselves, damaged by insects, are removed from the site or processed.
Cucumbers, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers are well treated with the following means:
- Cabbage. How to deal with aphids on cabbage folk methods? Good results showed garlic, ash and onion infusions. They have a pungent smell, and scare away insects.
- Cucumbers. Effective methods are the use of table vinegar, scattering mustard powder, processing garlic and ash extract, tar soap. Spraying is better to carry out in the evening.
- Pepper. To combat prepare infusions that are harmless to culture and man. It can be garlic and onion infusions, dusting vegetables with ashes, tobacco dust.
- Tomatoes. The soap solution, garlic, ash, broth of hot pepper proved to be excellent.
At the time of flowering can not be processed, because insects, pollinating plants are also destroyed. For a good result, 3-4 manipulations with an interval of 1 week are required.
There are a lot of ways to combat aphids, you only need to choose the appropriate tool for a particular culture, as well as based on the degree of infestation and the volume of the site.
Signs of damage on plants
- Twisted yellowed leaves in the shape of a house
- Deformation branches,
- Underdevelopment of fruits and their drying out,
- White sticky film on the surface of the leaf plate and buds.
Weakened culture becomes vulnerable to disease. The pest activity falls at the beginning of summer, and by the time the entire plant is damaged, the offspring with wings grow, which can fly over to a healthy culture.
Ants herd aphids larvae and help it to multiply.
Aphids allocate a span - honey dew, a sweet substance, among others attracting ants that eat it. These two insect species exist in symbiosis: the aphid feeds ants, and they protect and transfer its larvae to other plants. When ants appear in the area, check the nearby plants for aphids.
Aphids in the garden - how to get rid
There are several ways to deal with aphids in the garden:
- Mechanical or manual. Collecting insects and processing plants before boiling water sap 80 degrees Celsius,
- Biological or natural. Lures and cultivation of fragrant herbs and green manure plants to attract birds and insects that destroy aphids: ladybirds, hoverflies, gold-eyed,
- Chemical - the use of industrial pest control.
Separately isolated national methods of struggle. Due to the availability of ingredients used and high efficiency, they are very popular among summer residents. If the aphids started up in the garden, how to get rid of the colonies of parasites, and what means to use - folk or chemical, you need to decide quickly. The use of organics and chemistry should be considered for each culture separately.
Aphids in the home garden, on seedlings and flowers
Insects often infect home-grown seedlings — they migrate from indoor plants and plants. By the time plants are planted in the open ground, new offspring are hatching and spread over time. Therefore, so that the aphid does not appear in the garden, how to get rid of it - you need to think in advance.
The following preparations are suitable for the treatment of garden seedlings: Konfidor, Sniper, Tanrek, Intravir.
As a folk remedy you can use liquid ammonia solution, which, according to many gardeners, is very effective and completely harmless to pets and children. To prepare it in 10 liters of water dissolve 1 tbsp. l ammonia. If aphids are detected, it is necessary to spray 1-2 times a day.
Aphids on currants - control measures, folk remedies
Symptoms of aphids for different types of currants are different. On the white, pink and red currants appear galls - swelling burgundy hue. On black - the leaves are covered with spots and rolled into a tube.
Signs of aphids on black currants
Use of industrial insecticides of Korbapoks, Aktara, Vofotoks is allowed. During flowering, you can use more gentle Fitoverma.
If the currant leaves curled, the control measures are carried out before bud break, after the first leaves appear and a month before harvesting. Aphids parasitize on the back of the sheet, it should be taken into account when spraying.
Fighting aphids on currants folk remedies
The infected and the leaves with galls are torn off and burned away from the garden, after which the shrub is abundantly sprayed with an infusion of tobacco dust with wood ash in the same ratio of 400 g per 10 l. Such a treatment of currants from aphids after flowering, in dry calm weather. It should be remembered that frequent breaking of leaves and tops can damage the shape and development of the plant.
How to pour a rose from aphids
The natural pesticide has proven itself well - Neem tree oil (Latin Nazadirachta Indica), which is also called Melia Persian (Latin Azadirachta Indica). The fight against aphids on roses is that this drug does not allow insects to lay eggs, and it is quickly hatching. With a small infection it is possible to use intestinal piscicides (Dichlorvos, Agrokiller, Zeus, Bis 300). A few drops drip into a plastic bag and cover the flower for half an hour.
Fighting aphids on dill
It is rather dangerous to treat greens with chemicals, but if this is not avoided, then it is worthwhile to dwell on the biological products Phytomerm, Biotlin and Enterobacterin. Eat processed dill can be a week after the procedure.
Aphids on young dill, photo
Of the popular methods used dusting wood ash, bitter pepper and dried mustard, taken in equal proportions to 1 tbsp. l The procedure is carried out from the bag, sewn from a double layer of gauze.
The best ways to protect peppers from aphids
The presence of aphids on peppers is easily noticed by the following signs: wilting of the plant and shriveling of the fruit, yellowing of the leaves, a painful type of culture with high-quality watering. The fight against aphids on peppers should be carried out regularly as a preventive measure. Such insecticides as Fury, Fufanon and Aktellik are suitable for processing - they are absolutely safe if you follow the instructions.
Signs of aphids on pepper leaves
As folk remedies use ash and tobacco dust. The following recipe also helps a lot: 250 g of shredded fresh needles of spruce or pine stand in a dark place in 1 liter. boiling water for 7 days.
Annual preventive measures help to minimize the infection by aphids. These include: pre-tillage, self-growing seedlings, the destruction of anthills and the timely processing of plants. Also, actively use the popular methods described by us for protection, and in order to quickly affect the infected plant and avoid spreading, use chemical preparations.
Floral infusions against aphids
To prepare chamomile infusion, 100 g of dry stems and inflorescences of chamomile, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave for 12 hours. In the infusion, add 4 g of soap. Before spraying, dilute the liquid with water at a concentration of 1: 3.
Not bad "cope" with aphids and dandelions. 400 g leaves and 200 g of the roots of flowering dandelions insist 3-4 hours in 10 liters of water. The resulting infusion spray the plants.
Essential oils against aphids
In 100 ml of cream, dissolve 10-15 drops of essential oils of lavender, tea tree, cedar and thyme. In the resulting mixture, add 2 cups of water and spray the plants with it 2 times a day. Already after 3 days you will see an excellent result.
Spraying of all the above preparations is usually carried out in the evening. Plants are treated abundantly, until the affected areas are completely wetted. Try to get the solution to fall on the lower surface of the leaves, where the aphid accumulates especially thickly.
In most cases, the pests disappear after several treatments with home remedies. However, if the plants are in critical condition, then it is better to use industrial insecticides.
The diet of aphids is very diverse, there are varieties of insects that prefer to settle and eat leaves and shoots exclusively of cherries, cucumbers or other crops. However, in the absence of their usual food, these insects are able to shift their attention to other plants.
The most common is green aphid, its attacks are most often exposed to:
- All types of fruit trees or shrubs.
- Chrysanthemums, garden roses.
- Most of the non-poisonous indoor plants.
It is also very often possible to meet an aphid possessing black color, the basis of its diet most often consists of:
- Various types of wildflowers primarily cornflowers.
- Bean cultures.
Prevention of appearance
In order not to waste time and effort on aphid excretion, it is recommended to take a number of measures in advance that can help prevent the occurrence of these pests:
- Exterminate ants in the garden and destroy anthills, as these insect species exist in symbiosis. Ants very often protect the aphids, hide them in their shelters and transfer individual individuals from one plant to another.
- Before planting, always carefully inspect seedlings., to immediately exclude already infected plants and not allow pests to spread throughout the site.
- Sprinkle the paths between the beds and the area near the beds of wood chipsBecause such an environment will attract earwigs, which destroy the aphids.
- Planted onion, garlic, lavender, thyme and other types of plants that repel aphids.
- To carry out chemical treatment of plants with various preparations.that are able to provide a protective effect.
What is dangerous aphid?
Insects of tiny size - 0.3 - 0.8 mm, the main pest of the garden and garden. Aphid colonies lodges on leaves, stalks and roots of plants, possesses great fecundity. The main tool - piercing proboscis, which aphid pierces the surface of the leaves, sucking the juice.
Aphids feed on plant sapsucking out cell sap. Young plants are especially affected by the poison, which the pest emits, leaves curl, deform and die.
The growth of shoots stops, the tops bend. Sweet discharge from aphids pollutes the surface of the leaves, thereby disrupting the normal functioning of the plants.
These sweet discharge serve bait for antstherefore, they can always be seen next to the plants on which the aphids have settled.
With its saliva, the aphid infects plants with viruses, causing extensive damage to the gardens. Aphid causes the most harm to young saplings of trees.
In one summer season, this pest is able to give up to 50 generations of offspring, which will cause irreparable damage to any summer cottage.
The best way to protect trees from ants and aphids, sticky tape from flies. Wrap the trunk of an apple or other tree until the ants smite on the tree. And for a whole year you can forget about these pests.
Fighting aphids worth considering?
To properly approach the fight against aphids, you need to understand where and why does aphid appear.
Aphids cause harm to young leaves, buds, plant tops, feeding on their juice, old leaves to the insects “too tough”. The most likely places of damage are the youngest parts of the plant, the underside of the leaves. We face the main task - the protection of young leaves and shoots.
How does aphid appear on plants?
In most cases, ants carry the aphids. Ants need nourishment for sweets that remain after feeding on plant sap. Ants even protect these pests from all enemies. Therefore, we need to separate them from each other.
Who will help in the fight against aphids?
Aphids have many natural enemies - birds and insects, some plants on which the aphid does not settle. Therefore it is worth finding and attracting natural enemies of aphids.
Aphids on bell peppers
The pest is capable of harming both pepper seedlings and adult plants. Aphid settles on the underside of the leaves, the ovaries of the peppers. To combat aphids on pepper, they prepare infusions and decoctions of herbs that are safe for plants and humans.
Grind 100 g of garlic, pour 1 l of water and leave for 1 day. Strain and dilute in 9 liters of water. We spend spraying pepper bushes infusion obtained.
Helps dusting plants with tobacco dust or ash. Before dusting, spray the bushes with warm water, for better adhesion of the product.
Grind with a husk of 30 g of onion, pour 1 l of water, leave for 5 hours. Add a few drops of liquid soap, filter and spray the plants.
Folk methods of dealing with aphids
Soap and ash soap sprays
A simple method of dealing with aphids - soap spraying and washing plants.
- Dissolve 300 g of grated household soap in 10 liters of water,
- in 10 liters of water dilute 100 g of tar soap,
- boil 300 g of ash in 10 liters of water for 30 minutes, before spraying add 40 g of soap, or wash the plants with ash solution only.
Herbal decoctions against aphids
The most common method of struggle, they are effective in the fight against aphids.
Tobacco: Crush 200 g of dry leaves, pour 5 liters of water and leave for 1 day. Dilute to 10 liters and boil for 1.5-2 hours over low heat.
Tomato Tomatoes: Pour 10 liters of hot water with 5 kg of green leaves and stepsons, boil for 30 minutes. Strain before spraying and dilute 1 liter of broth in 3 liters of water, adding 30 g of soap (per 10 liters of water).
Hot peppers: Boil 100 g of fresh pepper in 1 liter of water for 60 minutes. Infuse for 2 days, grind the pepper, then strain the solution. Before spraying, dilute the solution 1:10, add 40 g of soap (per 10 liters of solution).
Celandine: chop fresh stalks and flowers 400 g (or 100 g dry) pour 1 l of water. Insist 24 hours, then boil for 30 minutes. Strain and spray the plants.
Also good help decoctions of wormwood, rhubarb, tansy.
Vegetable infusions against aphids
It is necessary to use such methods with caution and before using it is necessary to check the product on a small area, then on the whole area.
Berry Bushes process before flowering and after picking berries.
Fruit trees process during budding, after flowering and no later than 14-40 days before harvesting.
Vegetable crops process the last time 30 days before picking the fruit.
Recipes of vegetable infusions against aphids
Garlic infusion: chop 200 g of garlic, add 1 l of water, leave for 4-5 days in a sealed container. Before spraying, use 25 ml of infusion per 10 liters of water.
Onion infusion: 35 g of chopped onion pour 1 liter of water, leave for 5 hours. Перед опрыскиванием добавить 4 г хозяйственного мыла, процедить, довести объем до 1 литра и опрыскать растения.
1. 100 г сухой травы и соцветий залить 1 л воды, настаивать 12 часов. Перед опрыскиванием разбавить настой 1:3 с водой и добавить 4 г мыла на 1 л раствора.
2. Взять 250 г цветков далматской ромашки, растереть в порошок, залить 1 л воды, сразу опрыскать растения после приготовления раствора.
Настой из одуванчиков
one.Flowering dandelions 200 g of roots and 400 g of leaves pour 10 liters of water, leave for 4 hours.
2. Dry roots and leaves of 30 g pour 10 liters of water, insist 3 hours.
Infusion of sorrel: Take 400 g of horse sorrel, chop, pour 10 liters of hot water, insist 3 hours.
Pine infusion: 1 kg of pine needles pour 4 liters of water, insist 7 days, mixing once a day. Before spraying, dilute the infusion in a 1: 1 ratio.
Citrus: Take 100 g of crusts from any citrus fruits, pour 1 l of water and leave for 3 days.
Pepper infusion: bitter pepper pods will need 1 kg of fresh fruit or 300 g of dry fruit, infused in 10 liters of water during the day. Before spraying dilute the infusion in the ratio of 1:10 with water.
Infusion of marigolds: grind half a bucket of plants with flowers, pour water to the top, push two out. Before spraying strain, add 40 g of soap (per 10 l of solution), spray the plants.
Potato infusion: Take a healthy, intact potato tops of 1 kg, chop and insist in 10 liters of water for 3 hours, strain and process the plants.
Creative methods of struggle
Sometimes improvised means, the most common, are excellent means in the fight against aphids and other pests of the garden and garden. Here are some tools that we learned through the keenness of gardeners and gardeners.
We buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, put a spray bottle on the bottle and spray infected plants. Aphids will disappear, the ants will also leave the site. Insect phosphoric acid in the cola turns out to be destructive.
Vodka (ordinary 40 degrees)
We buy a bottle of the cheapest vodka, put on a dispenser and process the affected areas by aphids. In the opinion of many gardeners, the tool works flawlessly!
Cream with essential oils
Dilute in a 60 ml glass of cream, 10-15 drops of essential oils of tea tree, lavender and cedar. Dilute the mixture with 2 liters of water. Spray 3 times in 1 day, we get an excellent result.
Combating aphids with ammonia
Ammonia instantly kills aphids and her eggs, does not harm plants and humans. The smell of ammonia causes paralysis in aphids, thereby killing the pest. Ammonia can be used at any time of the year. At 10 liters of water, add 2 tbsp. l liquid ammonia 10%, 2 tbsp. l liquid soap.
Mix the solution well and treat the plants with a spray bottle. In an hour you will notice that the aphid will disappear. An effective remedy to combat aphids.
Insects and birds helping in the fight against aphids
In the fight against aphids will help insects that feed on aphids: ladybugs, gold-eyed, horsemen, earwigs, ground beetles, predatory bugs. To attract beneficial insects plant parsley, carrots, dill, odorous herbs.
Many small birds get aphids, feed her chicks. Such types of birds as sparrows, tits, wrens, linnets willingly eat aphids.
As you can see a huge amount of ways to deal with aphids, you can use them in your summer cottages, using the one you like from these folk remedies.
Experiment on small plots, keep proportions so as not to harm the plants, and you will find the most effective method to combat small pests.
Share your original, new ways of dealing with aphids, and readers of our blog will thank you.