Golden mustache, or Kallisia fragrant (Callīsia frāgrans) is a herbaceous perennial plant, a species of the genus Callisia (Callisia), of the Commelinaceae family. Also known under the names: corn, Chinese mustache, home ginseng, Venus. For their healing properties in the people referred to as the "home doctor". South America is considered the birthplace of the plant, and in Russia it appeared only at the end of the XIX century.
In height, the plant grows from 70 to 120 cm. The main shoots are similar to the well-known maize. Stems are fleshy, thick, divided into two types: 6 horizontal (tubular, long) with leaves growing in a spiral and vertical (thicker) shortened with a large rosette of leaves.
The leaves of fragrant callusia are large: up to 5-6 cm wide and 20-30 cm long. Alternately arranged in green with a special shine. In conditions of strong illumination, the characteristic feature of the leaves is to turn pink.
After reaching adulthood, the golden mustache throws out horizontal, liana-like processes ("whiskers"), consisting of joints with a leaf rosette at the ends.
The flowering plant is very beautiful, but it happens quite rarely. The flowers are small, collected in inflorescences and have a strong pleasant aroma. Petals are white with prominent stamens.
Cultivation and care
Golden mustache plant requiring fresh air and a calm atmosphere. Kitchen and smoking areas are not the best places for its location. Grow a flower both at home and in greenhouses. At home, Kallisia fragrant blooms very rarely, so in order to get a beautiful, powerful plant that will occasionally delight with its flowering, you must follow simple rules of care.
- Lighting. The plant is very good for bright rooms. But direct sunlight, especially on hot summer days, is not good. With insufficient lighting, the Chinese mustache begins to stretch out, and the leaves become pale in color.
- Priming. Home doctor loves loose nutrient soil. Spacious pot and the mandatory presence of drainage - the best helpers in the cultivation of a strong powerful flower. When preparing the substrate for planting, you can use several methods:
- buy soil in a specialized store and mix it with garden soil.
- prepare a mixture of humus, earth (preferably from under hardwood trees, except birch), river sand. The entire composition must be treated with a solution of potassium permanganate and inspected on the subject of rotten leaves. River sand should first be washed and heated well in the oven or in a frying pan.
- Temperature and humidity. Fragrant callusia prefers a rather high temperature in summer - 25-27 o C with a humidity of 50-60%. Frequent airing or growing on a balcony or terrace is recommended. In winter, the temperature can be reduced to a maximum of -12 o C.
- Breeding. When breeding, you should choose a mature plant. It is not difficult to determine it, on its whiskers 12 joints are formed. The golden mustache multiplies in two ways:
- using sockets. These sockets are formed at the ends of purple shoots. In order for them to give roots, they must be cut and placed in a container with water at 3/4. Leave for 1-2 weeks so that the roots get a little thin. After, the sprout can be planted in a small container with a previously prepared soil. Such actions should be made in the fall or spring.
- independently, bending down and taking root in the soil. After the sprout gets stronger, it can be dug and planted separately. Or leave it in the same pot, separated from the mother plant. So the bush will look more magnificent.
- Watering and spraying. Kallisia fragrant - a great lover of water. She needs daily moderate watering. Over-wetted soil also has a bad effect on the flower. Conduct water treatments preferably in the morning. In the autumn-winter period, watering is reduced to 2-3 times a week under the condition of low temperature. At temperatures above +25 o C watering is not reduced. Irrigation of foliage is recommended to be carried out 2-3 times a week with separated warm water in order to avoid drying and wash off dusty deposits.
- Fertilizer. For plant growth and the development of a good root system, the golden mustache must be fed with liquid fertilizers, purchasing them in specialized stores or doing it yourself:
- 1st method: connect 1.5 tsp. potassium salt, 3 tsp superphosphate and 10 liters of water. Before fertilizing the plant should be shed with ordinary water. This method of feeding is recommended every 2 weeks.
- 2nd method: dilute 2.5 tsp in 10 l of water. ammonium nitrate, 1 tsp potassium salt, 2 tsp superphosphate, a few drops of ferric chloride. Before feeding, also moisten the soil to avoid burns. Watering with such fertilizer is enough 2 times a month.
- 3rd method: for the rapid growth of housewives use fertilizer with milk water. In 1 l. water dilute ¼ cup of milk. This solution can also wipe the leaves.
- Tying up. The home doctor is a rather fragile plant with long shoots. In order for it not to break or deform under its own weight, it must be provided with additional supports.
- Difficulty growing.
- Dryness of the tips of the leaves or the appearance of brown spots on them indicates a sunburn or a shortage of mineral substances.
- Dim leaves or yellow spots on them indicate a lack of fertilizer.
- Rotting basal leaves indicate too low temperature or water surplus.
- Pests. The golden mustache is extremely rarely invaded by any pests. But the red spider mite can still attack the plant if it is not properly cared for. First of all, it is recommended to ventilate the room and spray the foliage. In case of severe injury, you should resort to using a solution of soap and tobacco or insecticide. To process a plant and for 2-3 days to cover with a film or a package.
Scientists from different countries have confirmed that fragrant callus has a unique composition that is useful for humans. The leaves of this plant contain a combination of positive components on the systems and organs of the body. The composition of the golden mustache includes:
- flavonoids - kaempferol and quercetin,
- B vitamins and ascorbic acid,
- macro and trace elements - potassium, chromium, nickel, iron, copper, calcium, sulfur, manganese,
- Beta-sitosterol is one of the most important components of the home doctor, helping in the fight against cancer and diseases of the endocrine and circulatory systems.
Useful and healing properties
Due to the high content of biologically active substances, fragrant callusia has many useful properties:
- renders wound healing, analgesic and antitumor actions,
- fights various infections
- helps to eliminate toxins and toxins from the body,
- strengthens the circulatory system and immunity,
- stimulates metabolic processes.
Apply golden mustache as a treatment:
- chronic pancreatitis,
- restoration of pancreatic function,
- relieve inflammation of the gallbladder and biliary tract,
- small intestine,
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- reduce hypersecretion
- diabetes mellitus
- normalization of acid-base balance
- sputum liquefaction,
- female diseases
- swelling of the bronchial mucosa in asthmatics,
- adrenal cortex.
With outdoor consumption:
- helps to restore frostbitten limbs,
- soothes pain and heals deep burns
- promotes healing of trophic ulcers,
- treats skin diseases.
Also, according to some data, the home doctor allocates phytoncides, which have antiseptic properties.
Collection and preparation of raw materials
Scientists who have studied the golden mustache as a medicinal plant claim that it acquires healing properties when horizontal shoots acquire a characteristic purple hue and form at least 9 whiskers. The maximum amount of useful substances houseplant accumulates in the fall.
As a medical raw material, the stems and leaves cut at the base of the rosettes are used. Before the preparation of drugs, you must put the stems and leaves in the cling film and keep in the fridge: 2 weeks - the stems, 3 days - the leaves. For the manufacture of dosage forms for external use, leaves and stems are used, for internal use - leaves.
Treatment of gold whiskers has long been successfully practiced in traditional medicine. Recently, doctors and scientists have become interested in the healing properties of the plant. Currently, the pharmacy can buy ready-made drugs on the basis of fragrant callusia. Some dosage forms can be prepared independently.
- Ointment. When cooking, use only fresh leaves and young shoots. Cut them as small as possible and squeeze the juice. As a basis to use any children's cream or interior animal fat. Mix the base and juice in a ratio of 3: 1. Store the resulting ointment should be in the refrigerator. Apply with bacterial inflammation of the skin, eczema, bedsores, trophic ulcers. For burns and open wounds, apply a thin layer of ointment, not rubbing it. This dosage form is used to treat joints, rubbing it into the painful area.
- Tincture. Make tincture of all parts of the plant separately. Since the stem of callisia is used only externally - for diseases of the spine and joints. And from the leaves and mustache prepare an infusion for ingestion. To prepare the tincture it is necessary to pour shredded young side shoots of the home doctor in a glass jar. Leave in a dark cool place for 2 weeks. Strain and pour into a dark glass container. Treatment of this tincture occurs in two ways:
- first day - 10 drops. Increase by 1 drop every day for a month. The next month every day decreases by 1 drop. As a result, the course lasts 2 months. If necessary, repeat the treatment after a month.
- dilute 30 drops of tincture into ½ glasses of water and take one time twice a day. The course duration is 10 days, the break is also 10 days. It is considered a more intensive treatment.
This tool is used to treat diseases of the blood vessels, lungs, blood, thrombophlebitis. Outwardly used in the form of lotions, rubbing and compresses. It is also used as an antiseptic in inflammatory processes on the skin, including acne.
- Infusion. Used leaves houseplant. Изм Part of the sheet to grind and pour a glass of hot water. Cover and leave to cool. The resulting drink strain and take 1 tablespoon no more than 4 times a day during the week. Fresh broth is prepared daily. After a short break, you can repeat the reception. This drink is effective for inflammation of the intestine, liver, stomach, pancreas. Also used for diabetes. In the composition of the charges with valerian, hops and mint helps with insomnia, nervous disorders, increased excitability. External infusion is used for lotions, baths and eye rinsing with barley, glaucoma, conjunctivitis.
- Decoction. Pour a few small or one big leaf of a Chinese mustache with 1 liter of cold water. boil gently for 5 minutes. Let it stand for about half an hour. Strain and cool the beverage stored in the refrigerator. Take half an hour before meals for 1 tablespoon. The duration of treatment is 1 week. After a 7-day break, you can repeat the course. It is used for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory diseases.
- Butter. To prepare such a dosage form can be two methods:
- chop the home doctor's mustache and place in a refractory dish. Pour in vegetable oil and put in the oven at a temperature of 40 o C. At this temperature, hold the mixture for 8 hours. After the time, strain the mixture in a glass container. Keep refrigerated. When adding sandalwood oil (50/50), the medicine relieves headaches. It is only necessary to put a small amount on the temples.
- squeeze the juice from the leaves and stems of the plant. Dry the resulting cake. The finished raw materials chop and pour olive oil. insist in a dark place for 3 weeks. Strain the mixture and place in a glass container. Store in a cool dark room or refrigerator. This dosage form helps with various skin diseases, arthrosis, arthritis.
Contraindications and side effects
The use of drugs on the basis of the plant is possible only after consulting with a specialist, since any herbal medicine golden mustache has several contraindications and side effects.
- renal pathology,
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- age up to 18 years
- prostate adenoma,
As a side effect acts:
- damage to the vocal cords,
- allergic swelling and rash.
Indoor perennial plant with immunostimulating, tonic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, wound-healing, bactericidal, adsorbing property. Used in folk medicine for the manufacture of tinctures, decoctions, ointments, creams.
The medicinal properties and contraindications of the golden mustache plant are known worldwide. The homeland of this medicinal plant is South America. The golden mustache came to Russia relatively recently - at the end of the XIX century. Its healing effect was not immediately discovered, and at first the plant was used only for decorative purposes. In many sources on traditional medicine, the golden mustache is presented as a panacea, if not from all, then from very many ailments. It is no coincidence that he is called the "home doctor" and "the cure for a hundred diseases." They are treated with osteochondrosis, and burns, and a sick stomach, and heel spurs, and hypertension, and hemorrhoids, and cysts, and fibroids. It is actively used in cosmetology, rejuvenating and toning creams and balms are prepared from it. However, there is another point of view: non-existent healing properties are attributed to the golden usa, especially in the treatment of oncological, severe chronic diseases. For example, in official medicine it is not recommended to take a tincture of a plant during treatment with antitumor agents.
Golden Usa Features
The beneficial properties of the golden whisker are explained by its rich chemical composition, high concentration of biologically active substances in the sap of the plant, as well as their combination and quantitative ratio.
In botanical reference books, the golden mustache is called differently - fragrant callus. What does this plant look like?
- Main upright stalk. Older plants can grow up to 1.5 meters under good conditions. The lower leaves of the stem wither and fall. Externally, the old plant becomes like a palm tree.
- Shoots. They are also called mustaches. Grow horizontally from the bottom of the stem. Long whiskers fall down, on the end they grow sockets - young shoots of small new leaves.
- Joints. They are also called knees and knots, are formed on young horizontal shoots (whiskers). The number of joints determines the maturity and healing effect of the whiskers.
- Leaves . Their color depends on the lighting: from light green, dark green to brownish-purple. The average length of the leaves is 20 cm, width - 4 cm. The leaves are fleshy, leathery, with yellow veins inside. Looks like corn leaves, hence the popular name - corn.
- Flowers In the form of drooping inflorescences. Small, pink or white flowers, with a delicate and delicate smell, resemble the scent of lily of the valley. Kallisia fragrant color is rare, only under favorable conditions and proper care.
There is an opinion among the people: if the golden mustache has bloomed, it means that good people with positive energy live in the house.
The plant golden mustache is unique in chemical composition and ratio of useful substances.
- Flavonoids. This is a group of plant polyphenols. They have expectorant, antimicrobial, hemostatic, vasodilating action, normalize the work of the heart and pancreas. The flower contains two main flavonoids - kaempferol and quercetin. Another type of flavonoids (catechins) is valuable antihistamine, vascular strengthening properties.
- Vitamins and trace elements. Vitamin C, B vitamins, nicotinic acid, provitamin A, nickel, iron, zinc, chromium, potassium, copper, calcium, manganese. It also contains metals combined with organic substances (chelates). These nutrients stimulate the effect of other nutrients.
- Phytosterols. These nutrients are necessary for the normal production and synthesis of hormones in the human body. They reduce cholesterol and remove it from the body. Phytosterols - natural immunostimulants and antiseptics.
- Pectins. Thanks to these substances in the body, the process of binding harmful toxins and their excretion. Pectins are safe adsorbents, remove radionuclides, slags, heavy metals, synthesize B vitamins, normalize the intestinal microflora.
- Tannins, or tannins. Лечат воспаления на слизистой любых органов, язвы и эрозии, обладают вяжущим фармакологическим действием. Полезны для желудка и кишечника.
Flower golden mustache - plant unpretentious. It can be grown not only as a medical raw material, but also for decorative purposes. The flower refers to an ampelous, that is, climbing type of houseplants. What are the features of growing fragrant callusia?
- It is better to put a flower on the west or east side.
- The plant loves light, but direct sunlight is destructive to it.
- In summer it grows well on the balcony, but you need to protect the flower from the sun.
- Poor tolerates cold.
- The pot is better to choose a ceramic, large.
- In the soil should be such a composition: 30% sand, 40% humus and 60% turf.
- At the bottom of the pot when planting it is better to put the drainage in the form of pebbles, eggshell.
- When the flower grows, it is better to strengthen the main stem support.
- The flower propagates by shoots, shoots, which are called "whiskers".
- The processes are cut when there are 9-10 joints on them.
- It is necessary to put the shoots in the water or in the wet sand, and when the roots appear, land in the ground.
- You can also plant plants with cuttings, in this case, the flower will have a more attractive decorative appearance.
- Best of all, fragrant callusia reproduces in spring - in March or April.
- A new plant is formed within one year, after which it gives shoots.
- For therapeutic purposes, you need to take the leaves of purple hue, on which at least 10 joints.
- Most medicinal substances in the leaves and shoots accumulate in the fall.
How to care for a plant? Watering should be regular and moderate. The flower does not like dryness and excess moisture. At least once a month you need to feed the plant with special fertilizers.
Indications for use
What treats golden mustache?
- Digestive organs. Flower treat gastritis, pancreatitis, liver, large and small intestines, rectum, in particular hemorrhoids.
- Gynecology. Treated: fibroids, fibroids, cervical erosion, ovarian cysts. A long course of therapy is required.
- SARS, colds, diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract. Golden mustache well relieves inflammation on the mucous membranes, increases local and general immunity, dilutes sputum. Effective with bronchial asthma, chronic sinusitis, otitis, tonsillitis.
- Endocrinology. Indications - malfunctions in the thyroid (toxic, endemic goiter, myxedema), diabetes, overweight.
- Damage to the joints and spine. These include the following diagnoses: sciatica, rheumatism, arthritis, osteochondrosis, bursitis.
- Heart and vessels. The flower helps with ischemia, angina pectoris, arrhythmias, lowers blood pressure during hypertension, raises - with hypotension. Successfully treats atherosclerosis and varicose veins.
- Outwardly. Wounds, bites, burns, erosion, fistulas heal quickly, which is facilitated by the bactericidal, regenerating property of the flower. Fragrant callusia helps with sprains, bruises, cracks, bone fractures. Also, the infusion is taken with inflammation of the skin of an allergic and non-allergic nature.
- Nervous system . Neuroses and depressions disappear more quickly during treatment with tincture of fragrant callusia.
Golden mustache cleans the body from toxins. It is useful to drink as a tonic to strengthen the immune system, with vitamin deficiency. It is mentioned that fragrant callusia cures oncological diseases, in particular cervical cancer, rectal cancer. However, there is no official evidence of this.
Preparation of preparations based on golden whiskers at home
Recipes for the treatment of golden mustache are very popular among the people. Many monographs have been written about this plant. His healing properties are studied not only by amateurs and traditional healers, but also by famous scientists, doctors of medical sciences. What are the golden mustache dosage forms made? And how to prepare medicine at home?
At the pharmacy, you can purchase ready-made preparations based on golden whiskers. Most often they make products for external use - cream, ointment and balsam. The preparations may include such natural components: bee venom, comfrey extract, sabelnik, larkspur, horse chestnut, formic acid, Japanese Sophora, chaga, and others. Also available tablets with an extract of golden whiskers, St. John's wort, sabelnik, burdock root, white willow bark.
Ointment is prepared from fresh plant juice. Applied with skin diseases - eczema, trophic ulcers, bedsores, bacterial inflammation. The ointment can be made on the basis of any hypoallergenic baby cream. You can also use internal pork fat.
- Cut the leaves and young shoots of the golden whisker as finer as possible.
- Squeeze the juice.
- Mix with the base in proportion: 1 part juice and 3 parts cream.
- Store in the refrigerator.
How else apply the ointment? Used to treat joints. Apply a thin layer, slightly rubbing, on the area of painful joints. On wounds and burns ointment is not rubbed, only carefully applied.
Tincture is made from all parts of fragrant callisia separately: whiskers, leaves, joints, young shoots, stem. It is also possible to prepare the drug using the whole plant. The tool can be used externally, make it compresses, lotions, rubbing. It is also taken orally for thrombophlebitis, diseases of the lungs, blood vessels, and blood vessels. The medicine of leaves and whiskers is suitable for internal use. But the main stem of the plant is used only locally - with lesions of the joints and spine.
- Crushed side shoots of the golden whisker pour a liter of vodka.
- Put the infusion in a dark, cool place.
- Insist in a glass container for 14 days.
- Strain the solution in a dark bottle.
How to drink tincture? There are two regimens.
- The first scheme. The first dose is 10 drops. Then every day the dose is increased by 1 drop. The increasing dose should be taken within a month. Then over the next month, the dose decreases by 1 drop every day. As a result, the course takes 2 months. Repeat the treatment can be a month to enhance the therapeutic effect.
- The second scheme. Single dose - 30 drops, divorced in ½ glass of water. You need to take 2 times a day. The course lasts no more than 10 days, after which a break for 10 days is made, and if necessary, the course is repeated. Compared with the first homeopathic scheme - this is an intensive course of treatment. With it, the risk of side effects is higher.
This tool can also be used as an antiseptic for external use in acne, inflammatory processes on the skin. It can be applied to wounds and burns.
Designed for internal use in inflammation of internal organs (liver, pancreas, stomach, intestines). Effective with diabetes. Also, the infusion is used for rinsing eyes, baths and lotions. They are treated with conjunctivitis, glaucoma, barley, progressive myopia.
- Crush the fourth part of a piece of golden whiskers.
- Pour a glass of boiling water.
- Insist until cool.
- Strain the decoction.
How to take an infusion? Before eating a tablespoon no more than 4 times a day. Every day you need to prepare a fresh broth. The course of treatment is 7 days. After the break, you can repeat the reception. Infusion golden whisker can be brewed with other medicinal plants: valerian, mint, hop. This collection is taken with nervous disorders, increased excitability of the nervous system, insomnia.
Golden mustache successfully used in cosmetology. From the fresh juice of the plant, masks, creams, tonics, balms for hair, hands, face are prepared. You can prepare a one-component cream, but more often it consists of other herbal ingredients. It is recommended to withstand loose sheets and stems in the refrigerator before use, wrapping them in a plastic bag. When storing biologically active substances even more manifest their beneficial properties. Preparing cosmetics from golden whiskers on the basis of a nourishing cream (preferably lanolin), olive oil.
Cooking cream for face
- Take 1 teaspoon of golden mustache, aloe, olive oil, honey.
- Mix with 75 ml of lanolin cream.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge.
The cream is applied before going to bed with light massage movements. Excess cream need to get wet with a napkin.
Preparation of hand cream
- Take 75 ml of any nourishing hand cream, 1 teaspoonful of golden mustache, olive oil and vitamin A oil pharmacy solution.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge.
The cream is applied to the hands at night. It is especially useful to apply during the winter period at a dry, rough skin.
Preparation of hair masks
- Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fresh golden mustache juice.
- Fill with a liter of boiling water.
- Insist decoction day.
The solution is used for rinsing after washing the head.
Preparation of tonic for dry skin
- Take a tablespoon of strained golden mustache juice and strawberry juice.
- Mix with 250 ml of water
- Add ½ tsp of glycerin.
- Keep away from light, store in a cool place.
Tonic rub face in the morning and before bedtime. Well moisturizes the skin, prevents acne and acne.
Raw materials for broth - leaves and stalks. Indications for admission - gastrointestinal disorders, respiratory symptoms.
- Crush one large or several small leaves of a golden whisker.
- Fill with a liter of cold water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Insist on 30 minutes.
- Cool, store in the filtered form in the refrigerator.
How to take a decoction? 30 minutes before meals in a tablespoon. The course lasts 7 days. If necessary, it can be repeated with a break of 1 week.
Despite such popular popularity, the side effects of the flower have been little studied. Healers who have been preparing ointments and tinctures made from golden whiskers for many years warn about the “treachery” of the plant, some of the dangers in its use and recommend consulting with a doctor before treatment with traditional methods. How to use the golden mustache? What to look for?
- Dosage and shelf life. The plant is dangerous overdose. At the beginning of treatment, a noticeable improvement may occur, but after a week, after the accumulation of biologically active substances in the body, the condition may deteriorate sharply.
- Carefully apply the trunk of the golden whisker. It is suitable only for external use as ointments or tinctures.
- Symptoms of overdose. Headaches, weakness, enlarged thyroid, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, blurred vision. Often there is an allergic reaction in the form of rash and itching.
- Allergy with external use. If, with extensive burns and wounds, the leaves are applied to the affected areas, a local allergic reaction may begin.
- Canceling the drug or reducing the dose. If you experience side effects, you need to refrain from using golden whiskers, wait for the symptoms to pass. Treatment can be repeated after a month. Also at the beginning of treatment recommend the use of golden whisker recipes in a diluted form.
During treatment, golden mustache eliminated alcohol, cigarettes, starvation, the use of vegetable and fruit juices in large quantities. You also need to limit animal fats, carbonated drinks, confectionery, canned food and dairy products. The diet should be fish products, olive oil, walnuts.
The use of golden whiskers is allowed only after consultation with a phytotherapist and a doctor. The plant contains medicinal biologically active substances, which at high concentrations pose a health hazard. From the plant, you can prepare tinctures and decoctions, which are used both inside and outside. For external use prepare ointments, creams, balms.
At the end of the 20th century, as part of the juice of this plant, the following were identified:
- phospholipids represented by palmitic, linoleic, oleic and linolenic acids,
- chlorophylls (a and b, fitol),
- vitamin C,
With the introduction of innovative methods of chromatography into scientific research, new bioactive substances were found in the juice of the leaves and whiskers of the plant. The augmented composition of Callysiae is presented in the table:
Experiments carried out on laboratory animals proved that the juice of Kallisia fragrant has the following properties:
- stress-protective (protects against the effects of stress),
- regenerating and repairing,
- act-protective (substances increase the body's resistance to physical exertion).
The industry produces cosmetic and therapeutic products based on Kallisia extract:
- balms and gels for the body with ant spirit, with a sabelnik, with bee venom, with bodyagia,
- cream “Esobel” with Kallisia extract,
- foot balm with ginkgo,
However, only recently scientists have conducted a study of the anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties of the plant. Alcohol and water infusion of Kallizia reduced body temperature by 1.1% (for comparison, Diclofenac lowered it by 0.8%).
At the beginning of the last century, American and Canadian researchers, in the study of the pharmacological properties of the aboriginal plants of Latin America, established that Kallisia fragrant has long been used by Indians to treat skin lesions.
Also, the plant has been used in the treatment of inflammation and pain in the joints.
The amount of bioactive substances in individual parts of the plant is not the same. According to the Chemical and Pharmaceutical Academy, most of the BAS contain "whiskers". Therefore, their use in the preparation of traditional medicine recipes is more common. A plant is considered medicinal when 8-10 “nodules” or “joints” appear on its processes.
What diseases helps?
Thanks to immunomodulatory properties, preparations with an extract of the plant under discussion are used in medicine as a medicine against a large number of diseases from the common cold to cancer.
It has been reliably established that the Golden Usa extract is able to restore the liver cells in case of its toxic damage to any etiology.
The experiment was performed on mice, but the result justifies from a scientific point of view the use of Callisia in alternative medicine for therapy:
- hepatitis A,
- toxic liver damage,
- diseases associated with flatulence or constipation
Golden mustache in one form or another is used both as a monodrug, and as part of complex means from other plants that enhance its action.
That is why the products with Kallisia extract are used for healing:
- boils of various etiologies,
- thermal damage (burn, frostbite),
- bruises and fractures,
- ulcerative lesions.
Golden Usa flavonoids exhibit antitumor and antioxidant properties; therefore, the plant has been found to be effective in the concomitant therapy of cancer. In addition, Callysia is used in the treatment of alcoholism.
Folk healer, homeopath VN Ogarkov gives in his book “Everything about the Golden Mustache First Hand” detailed recipes for preparing preparations from a plant and a scheme for the treatment of gynecological pathologies:
- sexually transmitted diseases
- salpingoophoritis - inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries,
- erosive processes in the cervix,
- benign tumors in the breast and reproductive organs: fibroids and polyps of the uterus, cysts and ovarian fibroids,
- genital herpes.
The healer recommends the use of the plant for home cooking decoctions, tinctures and tinctures, oil balm.
Preparations with various gynecological pathologies are used:
- orally (by mouth),
- for the manufacture of vaginal tampons,
- cooking sit baths.
The property of Callisia to stimulate the growth of lactobacilli causes its use in vaginal dysbacteriosis.
In men, Kallisia fragrant cures adenoma and prostate cancer, prostatitis and other diseases of the urogenital system.
The plant has:
- pain reliever
- anti-inflammatory effects.
In addition, the mustache stimulates blood circulation, tissue regeneration, normalizes trophic and metabolic processes in the joints. In tandem with bee products and some medicinal herbs, Golden Usa preparations have a warming effect, remove toxins and metabolic products.
Herbalists use home ginseng to treat arthrosis and arthritis, as well as pathologies of spinal joints.
Use in traditional medicine
The components contained in the Golden Mustache are differently released during the preparation of the preparations.
- So, for example, decoctions are made from dense parts of Kalizia - plant sprouts. They are assimilated more slowly and last longer.
- Infusions help to secrete substances that decompose or evaporate when heated - glycosides, essential oils. Infusion Golden mustache prepared on an oil, alcohol or water basis. This is a purer dosage form that acts faster and more efficiently than others. Infusions are prepared in a cold, hot and warm way.
Tincture of golden mustache on vodka
Golden whisker tincture on vodka is prepared from biostimulated parts of the "whiskers". Take 30-40 internodes. Raw materials are crushed (particle size - up to 3 mm). The resulting mass is poured 1000 ml of medical 40% alcohol or good vodka and leave to infuse without light for up to 20 days. Capacity is periodically shaken. Готовое средство отцеживают и хранят на дверце холодильника.
Готовый препарат имеет сиреневый цвет, а со временем его окраска изменяется до коричневой.
Принимать водочную настойку следует по 1 ч. л. трижды в течение дня. The therapeutic course is 2 weeks, after which you need to take a break of the same duration. Then, the treatment can be repeated.
Oil, ointment from Callisia
Golden whisker oil is prepared from aboveground parts of the plant. They are crushed with a knife to a particle size of 3-7 mm. Raw materials are placed in a bottle of dark glass and pour olive oil at a rate of 1: 2, respectively. The container is placed in a dark place and incubated for 21 days. To stabilize the oil and prolong its shelf life, it is added to the pharmaceutical vitamin E.
The oil is cooked and warm. The prepared raw material is placed in a refractory tank and pour a little heated with olive oil. The oven is heated to 40 ° C. The container is placed in the oven, and kept there for 8 hours. The finished tool is filtered.
Homemade ginseng ointment is prepared by two methods:
- The leaves and antennae of the plant are crushed to a state of gruel. The resulting "puree" is added to the fat-based (petrolatum, lanolin, melted animal fat) - take 2 parts of gruel and 3 parts of fatty basis.
- Juice is squeezed out of any parts of the plant, 1 part of which is mixed with 3 parts of the fat base.
The finished ointment is transferred to a clean, tight-fitting container.
Balsam prescription V.N. Ogarkov is made from:
- 40 ml of sunflower oil (unprocessed market oil),
- 30 ml of vodka tincture of the plant.
The components are placed in a tightly closed container and vigorously shaken for 7 minutes. Balm taken immediately to prevent the separation of the mixture. For cancer, take the drug 3 times a day for 20 minutes before meals. 2 hours before taking the balm can not be eaten. The medicine is not washed down and not seized. The course of treatment is 5 days. The interval between courses is 10 days. After the third course, the interval is doubled.
When preparing a balm, it is unacceptable to measure components by eye. Non-compliance with the recipe threatens unpleasant consequences. It is forbidden to take a balm for pathologies and liver cancer.
Balm is not only used orally. It is used to prepare applications for fistulas and ulcers, tampons for gynecological pathologies, and therapeutic microclysters.
- Juice is made from freshly cut leaves of the plant. They are ground by a blender and squeezed through a cloth. Juice can be stored no more than 1 day. To increase the shelf life, honey (1: 1) is introduced into the freshly prepared juice and heated in a water bath for 0.5 h.
- I also preserve the juice with alcohol (3: 2). Canned juice stored 1-1.5 weeks. Before use, the juice must be diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 3 or 1: 5.
- To prepare the syrup, take a leaf of Callisia larger than the palm. The leaf is ground, poured 100 ml of water, and boiled until 1 tbsp remains. l fluid. The broth is cooled and injected into it 1 tbsp. l have vodka. Strain and add pre-cooked sugar syrup (boil 2 parts water to 1 part sugar). The obtained golden whisker syrup should be ½ cup. It is sterilized by boiling. Store the finished product is recommended for no longer than 3 weeks. Apply it when coughing and cold, to facilitate the discharge of sputum.
All funds from Kallisia should be stored without access of light and at a temperature not exceeding + 8 ° C.
To increase the effectiveness of treatment with golden mustache, you must follow a diet. It is necessary to exclude from the diet:
- salt and sugar
- fast carbohydrates (muffin, white flour cakes, sweets, potatoes),
- animal fats,
- dairy products and milk,
- carbonated drinks,
- canned food.
But the number of vegetables, fruits, nuts and fish on the table should be increased.
Home ginseng is not recommended:
- during the gestational and lactation period,
- children under 14 years old.
If you are prone to allergic reactions, you should start taking the drug with ¼-1/5 of the recommended dose. In case of liver and kidney pathology, it is advisable to coordinate the use of Golden Usa preparations with your doctor.
Despite the fact that the list of indications for use of Callisia fragrant impressive, the plant is not a panacea. Therefore, therapy with this plant should be combined with official treatment. The drugs have a cumulative effect, which also needs to be taken into account, because sometimes side effects do not appear immediately. In case of overdose, stop taking the drug and take the sorbent.
The plant has a height of 60-80 cm, but can reach 2 meters. It has two types of shoots - some fleshy and erect, tall, with full leaves of 20-30 cm long and 5-6 cm wide. Other shoots are horizontal, have long, tubular and undeveloped leaves.
From the fleshy stem, articulated horizontal shoots grow, at the end of which there are young rosettes; they plant and multiply. Flowers of the golden mustache are small in size; they are represented by hanging inflorescences with a sweet aroma.
The composition of the golden mustache
- A large number of flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin) and tannins, provides a normal state of blood vessels, powerful antioxidant properties. They have sedative, antispasmodic, diuretic, anti-allergenic, healing and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Steroids are involved in the normalization of metabolism, have antitumor, anti-sclerotic, antibacterial and choleretic effect, have estrogenic activity.
- Catechins have antiallergic properties, strengthen and clean the walls of blood vessels.
- Pectins have an anti-toxic effect, have adsorbing properties.
- Vitamins - C, group B and carotenoids (provitamins A): participate in strengthening the immune system, cell division, slow down the aging process, have a stabilizing effect on cell membranes, normalize metabolism, including in the myocardium, nervous tissue. There is also a large amount of vitamin PP, which has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- The trace element composition consists mainly of chromium, nickel, calcium, copper, zinc and iron.
- There are a number of essential amino acids: troptophan, lysine, lycine, meteonin
The leaves of golden whiskers are up to 30 cm long, 5-6 cm wide, the length of shoots reaches 1 m. At the age of 3-4 years, it begins to bloom. It is better to grow it in a well-ventilated room, not in the kitchen.
Collection and preparation of raw materials
Herbalists say that the golden mustache becomes healing when the horizontal shoots take on a brownish-purple hue and form at least 9 whiskers.
As a healing raw materials used leaves and stems, which are cut at the base of the rosettes. The maximum of valuable and useful substances is accumulated by the golden mustache by the autumn - when the shoots form rosettes, they can be cut.
Before you prepare the dosage form, the leaves and stems are placed in food film and kept on the bottom shelf in the fridge: leaves for 3 days, stems for 2 weeks. To obtain drugs for internal treatment, the leaves are used, and for the external treatment, both the leaves and the stems are used.
Medicinal properties and indications of golden usa
The healing properties of the plant are multifaceted, and traditional healers recommend the plant in the literal sense of all diseases, even in cases where traditional medicine is powerless.
When using drugs golden usa occurs:
- Normalization of digestive, endocrine and respiratory functions,
- Strengthening the walls of blood vessels
- Improving heart function
- Strengthening the protective function of the immune system - activation of killer cells that protect the body from pathogenic microflora,
- Elimination of pain.
Also, the plant has:
- Anti-inflammatory effect, especially pronounced in diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, small intestine, joints,
- Antibacterial action.
- Anti-sclerotic effect, prevention of atherosclerosis,
- Antitumor activity
- Wound healing and regenerating effect,
- Antitoxic and diuretic action,
- Antiallergic effect.
Application of the plant golden mustache
The plant is used for the preparation of various dosage forms. In the first days, it is recommended to take 30% of the treatment dose in order to track possible allergic reaction. All recipes are of national origin, without confirmation in official medicine, and therefore should be used with caution.
A large sheet about 20 cm long is placed in a glass dish, poured 1000 ml of boiling water, wrap and insist for 24 hours. Ready infusion has a purple-crimson hue.
It is used for: diseases of the liver, pancreas, gallbladder, pancreatitis, allergic processes in remission, cancer and prophylactic purposes (1 tbsp 1 times a day for 1 month). It is believed that regular intake of infusion can relieve alcoholism (treatment for up to 3 months).
Preparation of golden whisker tincture: about 40 whiskers (side shoots) pour 1 liter of 40% vodka. Insist in the dark and cool 15 days, shaking the contents 1 time in 3 days. The finished tincture is obtained in dark lilac color, which is filtered and put in the fridge.
Golden mustache on vodka is used for: atherosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases, blood diseases, thrombophlebitis, lung diseases, and neurosis. It helps in the treatment of bruises, bone fractures, osteochondrosis. Also used to strengthen the immune system and treat ovarian cysts.
How to take tincture:
- way to. 30 drops, pre-adding them to 100 ml of water - 2 times a day for 10 days. After that, take a break of 10 days and repeat the course.
- way to. Within a month, starting with 10 drops per day, also dissolved in water, adding 1 drop of tincture every day. After 30 days have passed (the number of drops taken reaches 40), the treatment is continued, but 1 drop is reduced every day, bringing to 10 drops.
Tincture on vodka is used for diseases of the skin, joints, respiratory system, for cleansing the body, compresses and rubbing.
For internal treatment use freshly squeezed juice from the leaves, which can be stored for no more than 1 day. Before use, the juice is diluted with warm boiled water of 1: 3 or 1: 5.
It is used internally for: ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the gallbladder and small intestine, cardiovascular diseases (1 tablespoon 3 times a day). Externally used for lubrication of mucous membranes with stomatitis and sore throat, as well as the treatment of various skin lesions, acne (excellent wound healing properties).
For the manufacture of oil using shredded shoots. The juice is squeezed out of the raw material (which will be used to prepare an ointment), the cake is dried, crushed and poured with olive oil, insisted for 3 weeks (in glassware, the raw materials are laid loosely, but topped and poured with oil). The finished oil is filtered and stored in the refrigerator.
It is used for: skin diseases, as massage oil. Effective for rubbing with arthritis and arthrosis.
For ointment use fresh juice from the leaves and stems. Fat base - interior oil, petroleum jelly, linseed or cedar oil (in this case, the ointment will be liquid). Fresh juice is mixed with a fat base (in the case of solid fat, it should be melted) in a 1: 3 ratio. The finished ointment is placed in the fridge.
It is used for: frostbite, skin diseases, trophic ulcers, bruises, as well as for rubbing in the treatment of colds, diseases of the joints, spine. Treatment of the joints is carried out for a long time, for 1 month, rubbing ointment 2 times a day.
For its preparation, the alcoholic tincture of the plant (60 ml) is mixed with vegetable oil (80 ml) and shaken. Consume balm immediately after preparation.
It is used for: ischemic heart disease, hypertension, atherosclerosis, varicose veins, polyarthritis, diabetes mellitus, gastric and duodenal ulcer, prostate adenoma.
Treatment is recommended for 7 days at a specified dose of 140 ml. Take a break for 1 month, then it is fashionable to repeat the treatment.
A leaf of a plant about 20 cm in size is crushed into a mush, poured 100 ml of water and set on fire, evaporating until about 1 tbsp remains. Cool and inject 1 tbsp. vodka. Then prepare sugar syrup (50 g of sugar per 25 ml of water to boil), mix with filtrate and place in a cool place for storage (3 weeks).
It is used for: cough, acute respiratory viral infections, bronchitis and other colds 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
- used for external use in whole or crushed form for the treatment of wounds, ulcers, abrasions, abscesses, inflamed joints.
- as a poultice used for trophic ulcers and boils. The leaf is crushed, some hot water is added, the mixture is spread on the cloth and applied to the sore spot, wrapped over with a woolen cloth
Golden Usa Pharmaceuticals
In pharmacies, you can buy popular medicinal forms of the plant:
- rubbing Golden mustache, appointed for external treatment of diseases of the joints and spine,
- cream and gel drug recommended for the treatment of heel spurs, joint pain and salt deposits, osteochondrosis,
- body balm used to grind joints,
- V. Ogarkov drops, providing a mild laxative effect
Diet during treatment
During the period of treatment should follow a certain diet. Fully excluded: alcohol, animal fats, soda, fresh bread and pastries, confectionery, preservation and dairy products. Salt, sugar and potatoes are reduced to the minimum possible. Without restrictions, you can eat raw fruits and vegetables. You can eat fish, nuts, olive oil.
Treatment with a golden mustache should be carried out with caution due to the development of possible adverse reactions:
- In some cases, patients develop allergic reactions of a local and general nature: itching, swelling and rash at the site of application or urticaria, angioedema during internal administration. If this happens, treatment should be discontinued.
- Another negative effect is damage to the vocal cords, which is especially often observed when the recommended doses or time of use are exceeded: hoarseness, ligament soreness. The recovery is very long, so at the first symptoms should stop taking the drugs of the plant.
- Perhaps the development of headaches.
First aid for the development of allergic reactions is the intake of enterosorbent in a therapeutic dose.
Growing golden whiskers
The plant is characterized by unpretentiousness, it grows quickly, it is easily restored after illness. Loves light and water, but not direct sunlight. Periodically, the plant is fed with mineral fertilizers.
Golden mustache is growing rapidly, so the trunk should be strengthened support. With good care, the plant blooms with paniculate white flowers.
It is also easy to propagate the golden mustache: the rosette with leaves is placed in water, where it quickly releases the roots.
The composition of the plant
This flower has many other names, among which the most eloquent is “home ginseng”. The reason is the benefit that the golden mustache brings to its owners. And all thanks to the rich composition of natural substances that affect all the tissues of the human body.
This flower is rich:
Among the vitamins can be mentioned C and B, as well as B3, better known as nicotinic acid, or niacin. Trace elements are chromium, iron, zinc, magnesium and others.
Medicinal properties of the golden mustache
Golden mustache improves the condition of blood vessels and cardiovascular system. Flavonoids improve vascular walls, make them more durable and elastic, preventing phlebitis and varicose expansion. Vitamin B3 eliminates vascular inflammation, has a beneficial effect on the peripheral circulation, expanding the capillary network. Trace elements strengthen the heart muscle.
Kempferol helps eliminate inflammation and speedy removal of pathogenic microorganisms due to its diuretic properties.
Natural diuretic, mild, but effective, it improves the functioning of the kidneys and the entire urinary system, as a result of which the edemas pass faster. If we add to this the antibacterial and antiseptic properties of the golden whisker, then all this makes it indispensable in the treatment of cystitis and urethritis.
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), along with an extensive group of vitamins B, have an immune stimulating effect on the body, helping to get out even with the most severe avitaminosis. Trace elements act as helpers in the fight against iron deficiency anemia.
Use of golden whiskers
Golden mustache is used to treat a variety of diseases of internal organs, bones and joints, blood vessels. It is used to improve the immune status and hemoglobin, improving blood formation and blood composition. They take the remedy for colds and bruises, pneumonia and hemorrhoids - but the main thing is that you need to consult with your doctor before this.
The components included in the golden whisker allow its use in the treatment of:
- inflammatory processes
- wound surfaces
- eczema, seborrhea and other dermatological problems,
- various diseases of the musculoskeletal system,
- pulmonary, renal and hepatic dysfunctions,
- gynecological and andrological problems
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- endocrine disorders.
Из растения делают разнообразнейшие лекарственные формы, применяемые орально и наружно, а также косметические средства, позволяющие улучшить состояние кожи и волос.
Кстати, офтальмология – наверное, единственный раздел медицины, где применение золотого уса считается неэффективным, хотя и безвредным. Means prepared from its leaves and stems do not increase visual acuity, and certainly can not affect myopia or myopia. And in the case of glaucoma or cataract, the useless use of golden whiskers can be a reason for losing precious time during which the disease could be cured without complications and at an early stage.
Industrial pharmacology does not use this plant as a medicinal raw material, but in pharmacies one can see infusions and tinctures from various parts of the flower.
It is difficult to find a disease from which there would be no means made of golden whiskers. But the treatment must be approached wisely and be respected at all: even the most effective and useful medicine can become useless at best and harmful at worst.
Malignant neoplasms are a very serious topic, every step in diagnosis and treatment is important here. But the main thing is time. The sooner the process of uncontrolled cell division is detected, the more successful the fight against cancer will be.
When cancer golden mustache should be taken with caution, as it affects cell activity. There are recipes from this plant to fight breast cancer. It is likely to benefit from leukemia (leukemia). In all cases, the main treatment should be carried out by doctors using traditional medicine and modern scientific methods, allowing to destroy cancer cells.
Medical sources indicate the inadmissibility of the lack of proper treatment in the diagnosis of cancer and the replacement of radiology, chemotherapy and other applied therapeutic methods with the use of golden whiskers. It can be used as an additional tool for complex treatment after consultation with your doctor.
Recipes of traditional medicine
The most popular recipe is alcohol (vodka) tincture directly with a whisker. Use this tool for venous inflammation and circulatory disorders - phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, superficial and deep. Such a tincture is useful for inflammation of the lungs, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases, as well as osteochondrosis, injuries, impaired blood formation and simply the general weakness of the body and the oppression of its defenses.
To prepare such a tincture you need one whisker containing at least nine elbow joints. It is cut, washed and crushed.
By the way, the stories that no metals should come into contact with the prepared means, so as not to reduce its effectiveness, are not scientifically confirmed. The sap of the plant is not chemically active enough to instantly react with iron (more precisely, the steel from which most cutting kitchen utensils are made) and then oxidize or change its properties in some other way.
With a sharp knife, the mustache is cut into small pieces and poured into a dark glass jar (bottle). Most often for this take a bottle from under the champagne. Vegetable raw materials are filled with vodka (a half-liter bottle is enough). Vodka should be taken clean, without any additives, especially tinctures.
Means during maturation (and it will be two weeks to reach) stands out of direct sunlight, at a moderate temperature, tightly closing the glass container. The peculiarity of the preparation is that this mixture will need to be shaken daily. After two weeks, the tincture is filtered, poured into any glass dish with a sealed lid and placed in a refrigerator or a dark cool place.
The accelerated recipe for preparing this tincture is that the green mass is passed through a meat grinder or juicer, and the resulting juice in an amount of 50 ml is mixed with 500 ml of vodka. In this case, the ripening process is accelerated by almost half.
It is necessary to accept ready tincture twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, on 30 drops on 150 ml or a half-glass of water. It is necessary to drink means before food, approximately half an hour before meal. After a ten-day course of admission, a break is made for the same time, and if necessary, admission is resumed.
The color of the tincture may seem unusual, but the lilac-purple hue gives it the vegetable pigments contained in the flower.
An external remedy - an ointment of golden whiskers - is used both for skin diseases, burns and wounds, as well as to accelerate the resorption of hematomas. It is prepared both from juice or chopped green mass, and from dried and ground into a powder plants.
- Method one. Dry whiskers are ground, filled with vegetable oil, after 20 days the mixture is filtered and applied as necessary. Stored in the refrigerator.
- The second way. A mustache cut into pieces (at least 12 knees) is folded into earthenware (preferably a special oven, heat resistant) and poured over with olive oil. You can take 500 ml of oil only, but it is better to do with a glass. After eight hours of languishing in an oven heated to 40 ° C, the pot is removed, and the mass after cooling is filtered through a press and mixed with vaseline, butter, goose fat, or other natural fat without additives. Keep this ointment to be in the refrigerator in a glass jar.
In case of diseases and injuries, it is applied with light movements, without closing the bandage. It also applies to varicose veins - no compresses! If it is necessary to dissolve the hematoma or dense infiltration (after painful multiple injections into the buttock, for example), it is necessary to rub it more actively. A slight soreness will be observed only at the beginning. But if the pain is very strong, you need to rub the ointment carefully.
In case of colds and diseases of the stomach and intestines, they drink the broth of the golden mustache: a long 15-knee shoot is cut and poured with a liter of boiling water in a thermos. After cooling, filter and drink before meals on a tablespoon. To combat the cough, hot strained decoction is mixed with honey - a tablespoon per glass. Drink half a cup in the morning and evening.
Good reviews get almost all kinds of preparations prepared from golden whiskers. There is not only the elimination of symptoms of the underlying disease, but also a general improvement of the condition, increasing the tone. People disappear feeling tired and prone to depression.
For external use and use of finished pharmaceutical preparations. Among them, shampoos and hair balms that strengthen the roots and eliminate dandruff, as well as creams in which the golden mustache extract is used with other plant substances: for example, effectively eliminates hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating with an unpleasant smell) foot cream with the addition of rose oil.
For infusion use leaves of a gold mustache, or horizontal shoots of purple color. Store the finished product is recommended in a cool place, and use within the first three days. As an option, the infusion can be prepared not just in water, but use the so-called silver water. To do this, lower it into ordinary clean water, some sort of silver object for 7 hours.
There are three ways to make this infusion:
- Method number one: in a glass or ceramic container, brew one liter of gold whisker with a liter of boiling water. The sheet should reach a size of at least 25 cm. After you fill the sheet with boiling water, set aside and leave for a day in a warm place. Infusion strain.
- Method number two: Take a leaf or a horizontal shoot of at least 16 “knees” long, put them in a thermos, pour boiled water and leave for about seven hours. After this time, strain.
- Method number three: chop raw leaves or shoots and place in a bowl of cold water. Bring to a boil over low heat, close the resulting liquid with a lid and infuse for 6 hours. After cooking, strain. Ready infusion is stored in a glass container. The scope of application is mainly the treatment of diseases of the gallbladder and strengthening of the immune system.
Golden Usa tincture on vodka - recipes
First, a few general rules:
- Apply either the whole plant or purple shoots with at least ten "knees".
- The root of the plant is not used.
- For grinding, do not use a meat grinder, preferably a ceramic knife, in extreme cases, grind the plant with your hands. Metal can change the chemical composition of a medicinal plant.
- If the recipe is complied with correctly, the tincture will acquire a dark purple hue. All infusions after the expiration of the infusion time, drain and store in a dark place.
Recipe number 1: Grind the plant to fill the raw material in a vial of dark glass, add 0.5 liters of regular vodka. This product should be infused for 15 days. Shake every day.
Recipe number 2: Grind the leaves or antennae, squeeze the juice. Add juice and pour 0.5 liters of vodka, insist 9 days, occasionally shaking. Gold whisker tincture is used for the prevention of many pathologies, as well as for external use in the form of compresses or rubbing.
Recipe number 3: Grind the purple shoots of golden whiskers, put in a glass dish, pour 150 ml of medical alcohol. Put on fourteen days, preferably in a dark place, occasionally shake. Use only in aqueous solution. On 50 ml of water 10-15 drops of tincture. Drink, preferably before meals.
How to prepare the ointment and oil from the golden whisker?
Vegetable oil bases are used to prepare healing oil, they absorb nutrients well, and more dense fat-containing substances of animal origin or petroleum jelly are used to prepare ointments. These funds should be stored in a dark place due to the oxidizing ability of the base raw material.
- Recipe number 1: Take horizontal shoots at least 13 "knees", chop, put in a heat-resistant dish, for example, in a clay pot or a dish for a microwave oven. Pour into the container any vegetable oil. You can use the usual refined sunflower seed oil or olive oil. Oil should take half a liter. The mixture is placed in a preheated oven. At a temperature of 40 degrees to keep about 8 hours. Cool and strain. Store in glass container.
- Recipe number 2: Shoots and leaves of golden whiskers are pre-crushed into fine powder. Pour the obtained fine powder in a glass dish and pour vegetable oil. Put in a cool place for 20 days.
- Recipe number 3: Get the juice from the leaves and stems of golden whiskers. To this end, it is advisable not to use metal tools, as this can destroy important plant components. Combine with vegetable oil, which suits you in equal quantities. Put in a cold place, and after 14 days the healing oil is ready.
- Recipe number 4: Grind leaves and stems. Connect the three parts of the base and the two parts of the plant.
- Recipe number 5: Mix the golden whisker juice with three parts of the base oil.
These funds are used to treat diseases of the skin, with diseases of the joints and with a wellness massage.
Ointment of golden whiskers
The recipe for the preparation of the ointment is very simple and accessible to anyone who grows this medicinal plant in the house.
- Grind fresh shoots and leaves using a meat grinder.
- Mix the resulting gruel with vaseline or baby cream in a ratio of 2: 3. Also for cooking you can take pork, beef, badger fat or vegetable oil.
- All mix well and shift in a jar, the resulting ointment stored in the refrigerator.
The ointment is used for joint pain, bruises, skin diseases, frostbite, trophic ulcers. It is necessary to apply the ointment on the affected areas and the affected areas 3 times a day.
Cooking decoction of golden mustache
The decoction differs from the infusion in that the vegetable raw material is placed in cold water and brought to a boil over a fire. To prepare a decoction of the golden whisker, both the leaves and the stems of the plant are used.
- Cooking recipe: take one liter of cold water and one large leaf of gold whisker 25 cm long, finely chopped. Combine the water and the crushed leaf and bring to a boil over low heat. Leave to boil for six minutes, then insist for another half hour.
Strain and cool. Drink 3 tablespoons, before meals.
Treatment of bronchitis and cough
Expectorant for chronic bronchitis and cough:
- We grind a leaf of a gold mustache, we brew it with boiling water - 500 milliliters and let cool, filter.
- In the resulting infusion add honey - 300 grams and mix everything well.
- Store the medicine in a glass container in a cool place.
Take for the treatment of cough and bronchitis should be 1 tbsp. spoon, twice a day, 30 minutes before meals.
Folk remedy for bronchitis:
- Fresh leaves of golden whiskers are wrapped in cloth and kept in the fridge for two weeks.
- After that, wash, grind and pour one glass of water, the usual room temperature. Insist within a few hours and filter.
- Add to the infusion crushed walnuts - 300 grams and one cup of honey, mix everything well.
The resulting remedy must be taken in 1 tbsp. spoon, three times a day 30 minutes before meals.
Treatment for throat:
- Get the juice from the crushed leaves and whiskers of the plant, mix it with regular vegetable oil in a ratio of 2: 3.
- Let us brew for two weeks in a dark place.
For gargling we take 6 drops of golden whisker oil into a glass of warm water.
And we rub the throat with pain 3-4 times a day.
Eye disease treatment
Myopia - Prepare an infusion of golden whiskers and take regularly three times a day 30-40 minutes before meals, 1 tbsp. a spoon. The course of treatment is 10 days. After this time, stop for five days and restore the reception again within 14 days.
Hyperopia - In this case, the infusion will also help. It is prepared in one of the ways indicated above. Drink warmly thirty minutes before meals, 2 teaspoons.
In both cases, discomfort in the mouth may first appear in the form of dryness and plaque on the tongue. But it soon passes, and the quality begins to improve.
Glaucoma - increased intraocular pressure. Drink three weeks healing infusion of 1st. spoon focusing on the number of meals, but not more than four times. Take a break of thirty days and repeat the course again.
- Fungal lesion of the feet and nails - To get rid of this unpleasant ailment, it is necessary to apply a compress from a decoction of golden whiskers to the affected places. Well heals regular rubbing feet with tincture. The tincture is pre-diluted with water in a ratio of one to two.
- Warts - Warts are usually called painless outgrowths on the skin. There are many reasons for the appearance of warts. Lubricate the wart clean juice of golden whiskers, diluted with plain water. A cotton swab point lubricant education in the morning and evening.
- Boils - focal purulent lesions of hair follicles, caused by staphylococcus. A good treatment for boils is an ointment based on golden whiskers.
- Burns and frostbite - This concerns the degree of damage not higher than the second. Take a few leaves of gold whiskers, wrap in gauze or other soft fabric, attach to the site of injury. Change the dressing is necessary every 6 hours.
- Defeat herpes virus - papules and vesicles on lips or other places are smeared with tincture of golden whiskers. Or a mixture of juice of leaves of callesia and honey in equal proportions.
Treatment of diseases of the digestive system
Peptic ulcer - Use the infusion, for better healing of erosion of the gastric mucosa to take in the form of heat for one quarter of a glass before eating. The course of treatment is two to three weeks.
Gallbladder treatment - Chronic inflammation of the gallbladder. This disease can cause excruciating nagging pains and discomfort in the right hypochondrium.
The positive properties of the golden mustache can help in the treatment of chronic pathology of the gallbladder, and eliminates pain. The patient may be afraid that the symptoms at the beginning of the treatment are aggravated, but later there is relief, strength is added.
You should take a decoction of the golden mustache to 1/2 cup before meals. In the rectal cavity, the mucosa is very well able to absorb medicinal substances, so treatment can be enhanced by enemas.
The second method of treatment of the gallbladder, the reception according to the following scheme:
- 1st day - drink five drops of tincture on vodka half an hour before meals in two steps, dilute drops in a tablespoon of water.
- 2nd day - drink six drops of the same tincture diluted in 2 tablespoons of water and drink in two doses.
- 3rd 9th day - Increase the number of drops to 12 in a glass of warm water.
- 10th -16th day - gradually reduce to five drops.
It should stop for one week and repeat the course. To conduct four such courses. The health of the gallbladder depends on the regular emptying of the cavity and the prevention of the stagnation of bile. In addition to stagnation, pathogenic microbes play an important role in causing inflammation of the gallbladder.
Diseases of the liver - These include inflammatory processes of various etiologies, as a rule, viral and toxic. Use the infusion of golden whiskers in combination with corn stigmas. Готовить настой (рецепт приведен выше),коленца перемешивают с 1 ст. ложкой кукурузных рылец. Готовое лекарство пить по одной столовой ложки два раза в сутки преимущественно перед едой. Через десять дней лечения делаю отдых на пять дней. Лечатся два месяца.
Холецистит. When exacerbating this disease, it is necessary to take a decoction of golden whiskers (the preparation recipe is described above) for half a glass, three times a day. 30 minutes before meals. This treatment can be supplemented with enemas using this broth, enemas are put twice a day, with the help of a rubber pear or Esmarch mug.
Hemorrhoids - Used inside the infusion of golden whiskers. Dessert spoon of the drug before meals twice a day. The course of treatment is ten days. For topical use, add a few drops of calendula tincture. Lubricate the delicate skin around the anal canal with this mixture.
Constipation - Long-term existing problems with defecation may result in chronic intoxication and disruption of the entire digestive system as a whole. Infusion of golden usa drink one teaspoon, three times a day, half an hour before meals.
Atherosclerosis and arrhythmia
Treatment of atherosclerosis: mix one dessert spoon of alcohol tincture with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Shake the mixture well in a container with the lid closed.
The resulting balm should be taken for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis two hours after eating, and half an hour after ingestion, you need to eat again.
It is necessary to take medicine in such a way three times a day.
Treatment is carried out for ten days, then take a break for ten days and again the course of treatment is ten days.
Treatment of arrhythmia: due to the healing properties of the golden whisker, this ailment can recede, for this we take and chop 3 leaves of the plant. In the resulting juice, add 300 grams of natural honey and squeezed juice from one lemon. All mix well. The resulting composition is stored in a glass container in a dark and cool place.
The mixture should be taken one tablespoon half an hour before meals, twice a day. The course of treatment is one week.
We treat tincture joints
Osteochondrosis. To relieve pain and treat joints, it will be good to use tincture of golden whiskers, rubbing the affected joints with it every day. As an alternative, instead of an alcohol tincture, you can use fresh juice from a plant to treat it, just soak a gauze napkin in it and lay it on the sore spot as a compress for one hour.
Arthritis. For the treatment of this disease it is necessary to daily rub the sore spots with tincture of a golden mustache on vodka (the recipe is given above). Cover the joints with a woolen cloth after rubbing. You can also put compresses, for this soak gauze napkins tincture and attach them to the joints for one or two hours.
Also for the treatment of arthritis tincture is taken orally, one tablespoon, three times a day, 30 minutes before meals. The course of taking 7 days. Then a break is taken for 10 days, after which the weekly treatment with a golden mustache is repeated.
Gout. For the treatment of this disease it is necessary to take an inside tincture of vodka in one dessert spoon, every other day.
Treatment of the musculoskeletal system with a golden mustache
Freedom of movement without pain is a happiness that people should appreciate and cherish. When the musculoskeletal system falls ill, it causes a lot of suffering and inconvenience, since a person cannot move normally. In combination with drug treatment to get rid of the ailments of the musculoskeletal system, it will be good to apply tinctures and ointments prepared from golden whiskers, this will ease the suffering and speed up the healing process.
Treatment of sciatica
Radiculitis is a disease that is not directly associated with damage to the bones or joints, but people often associate it, namely with back pain. Thus, sciatica is a degenerative-inflammatory process of the roots of the spinal nerves. The main symptom of sciatica is severe pain.
For the treatment of sciatica you need to rub the alcohol tincture of golden whiskers in the skin of the affected area. Tincture not only has a distracting and warming effect, but also relieves pain.
An ointment from fragrant callusia is also used for the treatment of radiculitis (the recipes were given above), which is applied first to the tissue, then to the skin at the site of pain projection. Then you need to cover with a warm or wool fabric. The procedure time is 20 minutes. Excess ointment is removed with a napkin.
An ointment based on tinctures of golden whiskers, honey and sunflower oil successfully cope with radiculitis treatment. To prepare this ointment, take three glasses of honey and sunflower oil and 20 milliliters of spirit tincture of callusia. All components are mixed and allowed to stand for five days before use.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis - Violation of the structure of the intervertebral cartilage tissue, in which patients complain of pain, movement disorders and many complications that interfere with the freedom of movement. The disease is chronic and progressive. To relieve pain, sore spots are rubbed with tincture of alcohol from a collision.
It is also possible to use gruel made from leaves for anesthesia. The resulting mass is placed on a cloth or gauze and applied to the most painful places. The time of the procedure is one hour. Soak gauze infusion and apply for 30 minutes.
Useful recommendations and diet
For all the time of treatment, you need to completely stop smoking, because the combination with nicotine, can cause a strong allergic reaction.
During treatment, you must follow a vegetable diet, limiting the use of salt, sugar and potatoes. It is recommended to eat more vegetables and fruits, herbs, fish, nuts, vegetable oils.
At the same time, it is necessary to exclude from the diet meat products, confectionery, alcohol, soft drinks, canned and dairy products.
In diseases of the liver, pancreas, gallbladder, alcohol tincture can not be taken inside. For treatment, it is desirable to use water decoctions, tinctures or oil tinctures.
Contraindications and overdose
Golden mustache nature has endowed with unique healing and beneficial properties that can help in the healing of many ailments, however, this medicinal plant has a number of contraindications.
Therefore, before treatment with fragrant callusia, it is necessary and important to know the contraindications for use and consult your doctor. It is also very important to observe the correct dosage in the intake of medicines, since this plant is poisonous!
It is important to know!
- For children under eighteen years old, treatment with this plant is strictly prohibited.
- Diseases of the kidneys and prostate in men are also a direct contraindication.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- With a tendency to allergies, allergic dermatitis and skin sensitivity.
- If you are hypersensitive to gold whiskers and drugs from it.
Side effects and manifestations of overdose:
- allergy - like any medicine and vegetable raw materials, golden mustache can cause an immediate type of allergic reaction,
- voice coarsening - prolonged ingestion of golden whisker infusions in some people may cause a negative reaction of the vocal cords,
- problems with childbirth - the abundance of phytohormones can disrupt the natural balance of hormones in the body and disrupt the formation of sex hormones.
Do not rush to throw in the trash traditional medicines and vomit outpatient card after reading this article. Potent substances that are in the plant callus fragrant, are not a panacea for all diseases, and often, golden mustache treatment should be used in conjunction with drug therapy.
Therefore, before you begin treatment, consult your doctor. Recognize the nature around you and intelligently use the resources of mother nature.
The scientific name of this flower is fragrant callusia. Golden mustache refers to perennial evergreens and has 2 types of shoots:
- Fleshy shoots grow vertically and in nature can reach a height of 2 meters. On fleshy shoots alternately grow long dark green leaves. Outwardly, they resemble the foliage of corn. In the lower part of the leaves of the plant have a purple hue.
- Shoots-mustache depart from the fleshy shoots. At the end of each usa bunch of young leaves. Thanks to these bundles of callus fragrant multiplies.
Under natural conditions, rather large inflorescences appear on the tops of fleshy shoots during the breeding season, consisting of a large number of small, inconspicuous but very pleasant-smelling flowers. Unfortunately, when grown at home, it is extremely difficult to see a golden mustache blooming.
Medicinal substances are in all parts of this plant.: roots, stems, flowers, leaves and even seeds. They are used to create drugs of traditional medicine, but most often for the manufacture of medicines using horizontal shoots.
This is due to the popular belief that, when 12 joints appear on the runner whiskers, the most useful substances accumulate in the flower. It's a delusion. In fact, the most therapeutic components in the plant accumulate in the fall.
The fragrant callusia contains the following biologically active substancesused in traditional medicine:
- Various macro and microelements: copper, sulfur, iron, manganese, etc.
- Vitamins of group B, vitamins C and PP, provitamin A.
This plant contains beta sitosterol. Possessing high biological activity, this substance is capable of exerting a therapeutic effect on malignant tumors. In addition, beta-sitosterol is often used to combat atherosclerosis and diseases of the endocrine glands.
Healing properties and contraindications are closely related, because what is treatment for one person may be poison for another person. Therefore, before using drugs prepared on the basis of fragrant callus, it is recommended to consult with your doctor and find out about possible contraindications.
Drugs based on this plant have the following absolute contraindications:
- The patient is under the age of 18 years.
- Inflammatory diseases of the kidneys.
- Prostate adenoma.
- Severe allergic reactions.
- Increased sensitive skin.
- Allergic dermatitis.
Also, when using such drugs, it is necessary to take into account the possible individual intolerance of some medicinal components contained in the plant.
When using preparations made from parts of golden whiskers, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- At the time of therapy should stop smoking. Infusions and tinctures when interacting with nicotine can cause allergies.
- When treating it is desirable to adhere to a special diet. The basis of nutrition should be vegetables. At the same time it is necessary to limit the consumption of starch, salt and sugar. From the daily ration completely excluded: dairy products, alcohol, meat dishes, confectionery.
- Alcohol tincture of this plant is forbidden to take in the pathologies of the liver and gallbladder. In the treatment of these pathologies, it is better to use oil tinctures and water extracts.
Possible side effects
As with any other drugs, preparations of the golden mustache are not without side effects. The most common are:
- Sore throat.
- Change the tone of voice and hoarseness.
- Dryness of the oral mucous membranes.
- Cough without sputum.
- Swelling of the tissues of the nasopharynx.
The occurrence of any of these symptoms is an unconditional indication to discontinue treatment. This means that therapy with drugs from this plant is contraindicated for the patient.
For the treatment of arthritis and arthrosis can be perfectly suited external means, prepared from this plant.
- Golden mustache: ointment. It is prepared very simply: the leaves of the plant are minced in a meat grinder and mixed with neutral cream for children, vegetable oil or animal fat in a ratio of 2: 3. Manufactured product must be stored in an opaque container at low temperatures.
- Oil from the stems and leaves of the plant. For the preparation of this medicinal product should take a fleshy shoot length of at least 10 cm and a few leaves of medium size. All components are finely chopped. The resulting gruel is pressed to obtain juice. The latter should be removed in the refrigerator. The resulting cake should be dried and mixed with 200 ml of olive oil. The mixture is infused for 3 weeks, then filtered and mixed with half of the previously collected juice. The oil should be stored in a closed container at low temperatures.
The popularity of the golden usa in flower growers is quite explicable, because this plant is a storehouse of substances useful to humans. However, it should be used to treat various sores with great care. Before you prepare home drugs from this plant, you need to make sure they are safe.