Agrofirma "Aelita" produces a variety of tomatoes that is popular and loved by many gardeners. "Sanka"also known as "Sanya".
In this article, we will look at the characteristics of the plant, the issues of care and how to use it.
This tomato was bred in Russia, it was included in the state register of zoned varieties in 2003. The plant is recommended to grow in the Central Black Earth region.
The subspecies that can also be found on the market is the Sanka Gold, in general it does not have significant differences from the classic variety.
Tomato "Sanka": characteristics and description of the variety
Sanka's stunted tomatoes have long been well established in the Russian tomato market. The growth type of this bush is deterministic, its height is about 50 cm, and sometimes it can reach 60 cm. The shrub of the plants is standard with intermediate buds, it practically does not need a garter. However, to remove extra shoots sometimes have to.
- Refers to the ultra-early varieties, the process from the emergence of the first shoots to full maturation takes an average of 80 days. However, this time is directly dependent on the region and growing conditions. The earliest ripening period is 72-75 days.
- Sanka has a high resistance to cold, it lacks a small amount of light to mature.
- Sanka grade average yield - per square meter with proper care keeps up up to 15 kilograms of tomatoes.
- It is not a hybrid, so you can use its seeds in the future.
- Suitable for growing in greenhouses and on open plots of land.
- Practically all common diseases and possible pests in Sanka develop immunity.
Description of the fetus:
- Mature fruits in greenhouse conditions can reach a weight of 150 grams. Without any shelter in the open ground, the weight of the fruit is usually 80 grams or less,
- The color of a mature Sanka is intense red,
- A ripe tomato will be fleshy and smooth, and its surface is slightly ribbed,
- The dry matter content (depending on the taste of the vegetable) ranges from 4 to 5%.
You can see more photos of Sanka tomato variety below:
Growing dignity and yield
For cultivation in the open field to plant seedlings need in early April. For greenhouses, an earlier landing period is recommended - mid or late March.
You need to tie up, if the shoots from the gravity of the fruit already fall to the ground. Masking is not required. Although the variety is quite unpretentious, do not forget about the standard care.
Regularly water the plant, weed, fertilize the soil around the bush.
Ripening takes place amicably, so it is important to control its growth, otherwise there will be a risk of yield loss. One bush produces a fairly rich collection, about 4 kilograms.
As noted above, a particular advantage is the high resistance of the variety to cold and low light. This allows him to bear fruit before the onset of extreme cold.
It is suitable for long-term transportation. In addition, the advantage is the versatility of the tomato in use, it is ideal for winter harvesting and fresh salads.
Tomato Sanka suit everyone. He likes experienced farmers for their properties and beginners. The last one is suitable due to its low demand in care, endurance, and unpretentiousness with quite results in terms of yield. For experienced farmers, it also opens up interesting opportunities.
Tomatoes of this grade are intended for cultivation both in greenhouses, and on an open ground. If there is no special landing area, then In small batches Sanka can be grown at home - on the windowsill or balcony.
Tomato will pleasantly surprise you with tasty fruits, which can be found many uses. Sanka can be eaten raw, harvested canned food and make juices. A wonderful vegetable will delight all summer and winter.
We offer you a short video about tomatoes of the Sanka variety:
Tomato Sanka - characteristic and description
Sanka tomatoes belong to the universal varieties. They have a great taste, from them you can cut a fresh salad. These tomatoes are sweetish or have a barely noticeable acidity. Because of the thick skin and neat appearance such vegetables are suitable for any type of canning, they are stably transported. Tomato Sanka, in the characteristics and descriptions of which are marked by ripening, prefer even experienced breeders. Exceptional taste, juicy fruits and a friendly harvest allow you to get to the table ripe tomatoes, when other varieties only form the ovary.
Tomato Sanka - variety description
Sanka Tomatoes - a short description of the variety:
- Sanka tomatoes are considered to be undersized, the height of the bush does not exceed 60 cm. The primary brush is tied over the present seventh leaf.
- Characteristic of the fruit - they ripen bright purple color, round, without green spots around the stem. One brush contains 4-5 tomatoes.
- The weight of the fruit grown in open ground is 80-100 grams, in greenhouses receive vegetables weighing up to 150 grams.
- Vegetable has a smooth and fleshy skin.
Tomato Sanka - characteristic
Low-growing tomatoes are well established among gardeners. Tomato Sanka - characteristic and description of the variety, its advantages:
- Refers to the super-early species - no more than 85 days passes from the first shoots to harvest.
- The bush has a long fruiting. The first vegetables ripen early, and the latter due to the resistance of the variety to low temperatures, can be removed before frost.
- Sanka has a high resistance to cold, a variety needs a little light to mature.
- The average yield of tomato Sanka is up to 15 kg per 1 m 2 or up to 4 kg from one bush.
- In the description of the variety, immunity is noted to almost all common pests and diseases.
- Thanks to the characteristic in the form of short stature, during the growth of the plant, garters and pinching can be avoided.
- The variety is not a hybrid, seeds are harvested from fruits for the next year.
Tomato Sanka - growing and care
Many gardeners prefer to plant Sanka tomatoes on the grounds, as it is not difficult to grow this variety - the plant is unpretentious, resistant to diseases. Not fear of cold and low light allows him to begin to bear fruit very early. Sanka is cultivated through seedlings, it can be planted both in the open field and in greenhouse conditions. In small batches such tomatoes can be grown even on the balcony.
Tomato Sanka - landing on seedlings
Harvesting seeds can be done independently in the fall, store them at room temperature. Tomato Sanka - how to produce sowing on seedlings:
- Before sowing, seeds are soaked for 15 minutes in a pink, weak solution of potassium permanganate. Then - washed with clean water. Store seeds are sold already processed, they are not allowed to pickle.
- The soil for planting prepare yourself. We must take the turf ground, peat and sand in the same proportions and make a mixture. Soil is recommended to steam for half an hour 3 weeks before disembarkation.
- Substrate for seedlings need to be watered with fertilizer: for 10 liters of water - 25 g of superphosphate, 25 g of potassium sulfate, 10 g of urea.
- The soil is poured into shallow boxes, moistened.
- Seeds are laid to a depth of 1.5-2 cm with a distance of at least 1 cm from each other.
- Capacity with seeding is covered with a film and placed in a place with a temperature of at least + 20 ° C.
- When shoots hatch, cover should be removed.
- After the appearance of a pair of true leaves in tomatoes, they do a picking - they are seated in separate cups. In the soil prepared for transplantation they put water in - on 5 l of the mixture: 1 tbsp. a spoon of mineral fertilizer and 3 tbsp. spoons "Signor tomato". Sprouts in the soil deepen to the level of cotyledonous leaves.
- The temperature regime of the first time after picking should be maintained at + 25-28 ° C, when the sprouts get stronger, they will feel great at standard + 20-22 ° C.
- Tomato saplings have enough watering once a week.
- After transplantation, seedlings are fertilized after 14 days with a special fertilizer for seedlings or bird droppings (diluted 1:20 in water).
- In May, tomatoes for hardening are exposed to the open air for some time, gradually increasing it.
- At the end of the frost, tomatoes are planted in an open area.
Tomato Sanka - when to sow on seedlings?
It is important to know when planting Sanka tomatoes on seedlings - the resistance of the variety to cold does not provide absolute protection to plants from spring frosts. If you choose an unsuccessful planting time, the bush may die from frost. For cultivation in the open ground seeds are planted on seedlings in early April. For greenhouses recommended earlier period - the middle or the end of March. In an open ground saplings move at the age of 60 days, at the end of May. By this time, 6-7 true leaves should appear on each plant. In the garden fruits ripen in early July, indoors - by mid-June.
How to care for tomatoes Sanka?
Tomato Sanka survives well in the open field and practically does not get sick. When transplanting to the beds, the plant is deepened to the cotyledon leaves. At the bottom of each hole you need to put 0.5 h of l fertilizer "Urgas". Rooting pattern - 30x40 cm, this variety makes a dense planting well. It is undesirable to plant it after potatoes, eggplant or pepper, but pumpkin or leguminous crops are good predecessors. Grade Sanka - proper cultivation and care:
- The main rule of care - timely watering. It should be moderate to uniform soil moisture. For watering tomatoes use cold water can not. Also avoid splashing liquid on the fruit and leaves.
- For excellent harvest for the season, tomatoes are repeatedly fed with a solution of manure or organic composition.
- An important event for the care of tomato Sanka is weeding weeds and loosening the soil.
Tomato Sanka - the formation of the bush
When answering the question, whether a tomato Sanka needs to be staked or not, experienced gardeners say that it is not necessary to do this. Due to short stature, these procedures can not be carried out. The garter is required only for individual heavy tassels hanging down to the ground. Masking is used only to reduce the thickening of the landing. At the same time, it is important not to prune the main shoot, aspiring upward (growth tip) - without it, the plant will not be able to produce new fruits. Pysynki less than 5 cm, too, should not be cut. During the procedure, extra large lateral shoots are broken off by hand or separated with a knife.
Tomatoes Sanka Description
Tomato Sanka, this determinant plant. The shrubs of this plant are low, in open ground its height reaches only 0.5 meters. When the Sanka variety is grown in a greenhouse, its height may be slightly higher, but slightly, the plant grown in the greenhouse will not be higher than one meter. The fruits of tomatoes will be tied to the stepsons, so they do not need to be removed. After the seventh leaf appears, the first brush of the plant begins to form, the next brush will appear, after every second leaf.
Tomato Sanka has an average yield. If you plant these tomatoes according to this scheme - four tomatoes per square meter, then from a square meter you can get up to fifteen kilograms of tomato. After eighty days after sowing, fruits begin to form, and after a hundred days the tomatoes begin to ripen.
Tomatoes of this variety have even and beautiful fruits. Their size is not very big, they have the correct round shape and dense skin. Fruits season to the will quickly and evenly, they have a bright red color. They can be torn off green and put on a window sill, so that they can dope, while their color and taste are not lost. This variety differs from other early varieties in that its fruits are not watery at all. Weight reached tomatoes eighty grams and they have a very good taste.
According to the characteristic, this variety belongs to lettuce tomatoes, but it can be used in blanks for the winter:
- Used in various sauces.
- This variety is used in the preparation of juices.
- And also it is whole canned.
Sanka tomatoes are very rarely exposed to diseases that are petamanna other tomatoes. And if it is correct to care for the variety and to observe and observe all agrotechnical rules, then it is not even afraid of the phytophthora. Sanka seeds can be used for cultivation of tomatoes.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- The fruits of this variety ripen early.
- Weather conditions do not affect the yield.
- The variety of these tomatoes is very undemanding to fertile soil.
- These tomatoes do not need to be staved.
- The variety of these tomatoes does not need to be tied up and it does without support.
- The variety is rarely damaged by diseases and pests.
- Fruits Sanka very tasty.
- Variety can be easily transported, while they do not deteriorate.
- The seeds of the harvested fruit can be cultivated variety, all the characteristics are preserved.
- This variety has no disadvantages.
Use and application of tomato variety Sanka
Due to the fact that the fruits ripen at the same time, they need to be immediately processed. This variety gives a very Lean harvest, it is possible to collect approximately four kilograms of tomatoes from a single Sanka bush, so it will be unrealistic to eat the entire harvest fresh.
In summer days are very hot, I really want something cool and Sanka can help with this, you can cook from itcold gazpacho soup. And also from it you can cook a variety of sauces for meat or pizza. More fruits of these tomatoes can be stuffed, the filling for this may be different. Description of fillings
- Sour cream + White cheese + green onions + black pepper + dill + garlic.
- Sour cream + cottage cheese + garlic + different greens.
- Garlic + mayonnaise + cottage cheese.
Tomatoes that have reached the ground can be made for the winter. And you can also make delicious tomato juicewhich can be left for the winter or to drink in the summer in a strong heat. Fruits of small size can be fully rolled into jars.
Description of the features of growing and care
To begin with, you will have to calculate when you can sow seeds for seedlings. The first thing to count when the seeds sown on seedlings. For the calculation you need to take about fifty days. During this period, seedlings grow up and reach the desired level of development. At this stage of development, seedlings can be planted in a greenhouse. If you sow the seeds in the second half of March, in early May, seedlings can be planted in a greenhouse. In the open ground, this variety can be planted when the soil warms up and the weather is warm.
Before sowing the seeds must be processed, for this you need to do manganese solution. In this solution, you need to hold the seeds, not less than fifteen minutes, after which the treated seeds will have to be rinsed with clean water. Such a solution will help the first sunrises to appear faster. For seed treatment is recommended to use:
After seed treatment, they need a little dry and sow in a container that is filled with earth. A layer of soil, which must be filled with seeds, must be at least one centimeter. The soil should be sufficiently moist. If you close the seed container with a film, the soil will be constantly moist and loosened.
Another very important stage in the cultivation of Sanka tomatoes is their picking. Dive tomatoes necessarily as it will stimulate the development of the roots of the plant. Picks should be carried out when two true leaves appear, it will happen approximately two weeks after the seed has been seeded.
After ten days have passed, after planting the seedlings in separate containers, it will need to be fed, and you can also use a drug like the Bio-S90. The storage of this drug includes algae, which will nourish the plant and stimulate the growth of the root system.
Compound fertilizers are suitable for feeding, which contain:
After a month and a half has passed, the seedlings can be transplanted, it will already have a strong root system and up to seven leaves. In order for the seedlings to settle down better, it can be tempered a little, for this it needs to be carried out outside during the day and taken back at night.
Sanka tomato bushes are very compact, so up to five bushes can be planted per square meter, but it’s best when there are four. Before planting seedlings, the soil needs to be dug up and cleaned of weeds. When digging, the soil can add some wood ash.
Summer care for this variety does not require much time and effort. Pasynkovat tomatoes do not need and tie up is also optional, as they grow low.
Before the tomatoes bloom they need to feed, for this is suitable complex fertilizer, which is used for seedlings. The frequency of watering the plant is directly dependent on the weather. And also constantly need to remove weeds, especially during the growing season. The soil should be mulched, but if this is not possible, it is necessary to slightly loosen the top layer of soil.
Tomatoes ripen and ripen at the same time. Если у вас нет времени закатывать плоды в банки или делать с них другие заготовки, то их можно сорвать и положить в ящики, там они будут спеть дольше, чем на кусте.
Использование и применение сорта Санька
Из-за дружного созревания плодов возникает необходимость в срочной переработке плодов. Съесть все помидоры в свежем виде будет трудно. Урожай обычно хороший, один куст дает до 4 кг крепких помидор.
В летнюю жару можно готовить холодный суп Гаспачо. Tomato Sanka in its taste is quite suitable for this classic soup. It is suitable for making sauce for pizza or meat. Strong fruits can be stuffed. The filling can be very diverse:
- Cheese + mayonnaise + garlic.
- Cottage cheese + greens + garlic + sour cream.
- White cheese + dill + green onion feather + garlic + black pepper + sour cream.
Ripe tomatoes Sanka suitable for harvesting for the winter. From the fruit, it turns out delicious tomato juice. Drink in the summer or roll up for the winter. Not large fruits suitable for whole-canning.
Features of growing and care
The first thing to count when the seeds sown on seedlings. To calculate take 50 days. During this time, seedlings reach the desired development. At this age, it can be planted in a greenhouse or exhaust. If you sow the seeds in mid-March, then in early May, you can transplant seedlings into a greenhouse. Anyone, even a novice gardener, knowing the weather in his region, can calculate the time of sowing seedlings for open ground. It is worth planting seedlings after warming up of the soil and the established warm weather.
Pat seeds before sowing. Dilute a weak solution of potassium permanganate, soak seeds in it. At least 15 minutes. Rinse the seeds. The growth stimulator accelerates the emergence of shoots. Apply to seed treatment. Recommend:
Dry the prepared seeds, sow in containers filled with soil. The layer of earth for backfilling should be at least 1 cm. The soil should be well moistened before planting. The soil will be loose and constantly wet, if the boxes are closed with a film before germination.
The next mandatory stage in the cultivation of tomato seedlings is picks. To conduct it necessarily. Dive stimulates the development of the root system of tomato. It makes no sense to sow the tomato immediately in a separate pot, so as not to carry out a pick. The signal for its implementation is the formation of two true leaves. It takes about two weeks from the date of sowing.
Ten days after transplanting seedlings into separate containers, it must be fed. You can try the Bio-S90. The algae extract contained in the biostimulator feeds the tomato, stimulates the root system, its development.
Suitable complex fertilizers containing:
After a month and a half, seedlings are ready for transplantation. It has a good root system, up to 6-7 leaves. Plants will take root better if they are tempered during the week, carried out during the day on the street or on an open balcony.
Bushes at a tomato Sanka compact. Permissible to place up to five plants per 1 m2. Optimally four. The soil before planting is good to dig, clean from the roots. Under the digging add wood ash. There are no particular soil requirements for this variety.
Summer care is small. Unlike tomatoes of other varieties, the stepsons do not need to be deleted, it is not necessary to tie bushes. Although when grown in a greenhouse, supports may be needed. In greenhouse conditions and in the presence of fertilizing the plant can grow higher than stated.
Before flowering tomatoes feed the complex fertilizer with the same as the seedlings. Watering needed. The frequency depends on the weather. The soil should be wet. During the entire growing season, it is necessary to monitor its purity. Weeds are removed in a timely manner before the formation of testes on them. The soil can be mulched. In the absence of mulch to conduct a shallow loosening of the topsoil.
Tomatoes are tied and sown together. If there is no desire to be engaged in preparations, a part of the tomato can be removed from the bush in the state of milky ripeness. In the drawers they will sing longer. The rest of the fruit will receive more nutrients. Due to this, tomatoes will become larger and ripen faster.
Sanka Tomatoes: video
Got acquainted with Tomato Sanka in 2012. Its seedlings are not very successful. Friends shared their Sanka. Planted in a greenhouse. The soil in the greenhouse is good, fertilized. A small fish was dug up near each bush. Always do that. We feed tomatoes with phosphorus.
Fed up several times per season. Used the "Ideal". Great care was not required. Shrubs are not tied, did not stepchild. The weather was wet. Appeared on tomatoes phytophthora. Processed all varieties by means of Strobe. Sanka suffered from phytophthora less than other varieties. I liked the quality of the fruits, sang early. Grade satisfied.
Photo Tomato Sanka
Sanka in the greenhouse
The history of the appearance of the variety Sanka
Sanka is a variety of domestic breeding
Tomato Sanka - a variety of domestic breeding. When breeding this variety, breeders set a goal - to obtain a variety for cultivation in open ground. The application for admission to registration in the State Register of Breeding Achievements was received on November 28, 2000. In 2003, the variety was included in the State Register and was recommended for cultivation in the Central Black Earth region. But Sanka will appreciate the early harvest in almost all regions.
Sanka Tomatoes are early ripe
Sanya can really grow both under film cover, and in open ground.
It is better to plant in the ground according to the following scheme: the distance between the tomatoes in a row should be 40 cm and 50–60 cm between the rows. On one square meter can fit 5 - 6 plants.
Tomatoes of this variety grow by no more than 60–70 cm. The first flower brush is laid after the seventh leaf, then every 1–2 leaves are added new brushes, which can grow to six fruits. As it should be early ripening varieties, tomatoes ripen together. And thanks to his early ripening, Sanka manages to give up the harvest before the massive destruction of tomatoes by phytophtora.
The average weight of the fruit - about 80g. The yield of Sanka is also quite good, it can reach 5 kg from one bush. With one square meter you can get up to two buckets of fruit. Of course, such a crop will please you only with proper care - the formation of the plant, the conduct of timely fertilizing, loosening, hilling, watering.
Sanka is good not only in salads, but it is also suitable for whole-canning.
The advantages of Sanka are the following:
- unpretentious in care,
- resistant to temperature changes
- together forms a crop
- has a high yield,
- resistant to diseases
The fruits of Sanka are round, with thin skin, juicy, fleshy, dense, well stored and transported.
The fruits of Sanka have a classic taste.
In addition to the Sanka with red fruits, there is also the Golden Sanka derived from it, which differs from the parent only in the color of the fruits and a higher content of carotene. The fruit of Sanka Golden is a bright yellow color.
Sanka Gold variety bred on the basis of Sanka variety
Features of growing varieties Sanka
In most regions, it is required to grow Sanka through seedlings, and only in the southern regions a seedless plant is possible.
To sow the seeds for seedlings need about 50-55 days before planting in a greenhouse or in open ground. To plant seedlings in a greenhouse or on the street should be before the start of flowering, with buds on the first brush. If you are late with this, then you can lose the first brush from the stress transplanted during transplantation: flowers and ovaries can fall off.
An approximate calculation of the sowing period is as follows: we count back a month and a half from the expected planting dates for the bed and another week for seed germination (this turns out to be 50–55 days). For midland and Siberia, the approximate sowing date for early ripening varieties for unheated greenhouses is from March 25 to April 1, for open ground - April 15.
Seedlings of this variety are grown as well as seedlings of other varieties: compliance with the optimum temperature, timely feeding, watering, picking at the stage of two true leaves, hardening are all important stages of growing tomato seedlings.
In the characteristics of the variety it is noted that Sanka is unpretentious. But there are still some features that should be considered. At the growth stage of the bush need his garter to support, because Sanka strongly expands to the side, and this may interfere with the normal development of neighboring plants. Gathering of this variety is not required.
The yield and health of the plant is largely dependent on proper watering, fertilization and other necessary procedures.
Watered Sanka need warm water at the root
Sanka needs regular watering, and it must be remembered that it is necessary to water the tomatoes with warm water. Since the formation of ovaries, it is advisable to water the bushes up to two times a week. Irrigation rate - 7–8 l per 1 m 2.
Mineral fertilizers tomatoes are fed moderately.
The first feeding is carried out two weeks after planting. And two more subsequent feeding with an interval of 20 days.
The composition of the feedings may be as follows:
- The first top dressing: in 10 liters of water, stir half a liter of any organic fertilizer. A mullein, chicken manure, and even an infusion of freshly cut grass will do (nettle works well),
- The second feeding: in half a liter of organic water and a tablespoon of complex mineral fertilizer should be mixed in 10 liters of water,
- The third dressing: a tablespoon of complex mineral fertilizer for 10 liters of water.
Determinantal varieties of tomatoes are mostly formed into one or two stems. If the plant is formed into one stem, then after the appearance of the first two inflorescences, the stem must be tied to a support. There is no need to regulate plant growth; growth will stop on its own.
If it is decided to form the plant in two stems, then the second stem will be the stepson emerging from the leaf bosom. In this case, you need to tie two stalks to the support.
Video: features of growing tomatoes variety Sanka
Sanka has been registered in my greenhouse for 7 years. I concluded that next to the plant it is still better to stick the peg and remove some of the stepsons. Otherwise, with good care, the bush grows so that under its own weight it bends down to the ground and interferes with its neighbors.
The first ripe fruits of Sanka can be obtained around the 80th day, if you are lucky with the weather in May.
Small-sized fruits fit perfectly in jars. And if you can mix Sanka and Sanka Golden, then this assortment looks even more attractive.
Lovers of tomatoes like that Sanka is unpretentious to the growing conditions, resistant to disease, and especially the fact that he has ripened. Reviews of Sanka on the forums are very common and mostly positive. In addition, Sanka, being a full-fledged variety, provides an opportunity for growers to collect seeds and then re-grow tomatoes from already obtained seeds.
Sometimes you can still find negative reviews. They are connected mostly with the fact that Sanka still got infected with blit from someone. To avoid this, it is better to treat this variety against phytophthora along with other tomatoes.
Here are some of the reviews.
Until the summer of 2012, the Sanka tomato was not known and was not planted. Last summer it turned out that not enough seedlings of tomatoes. They were rescued by good friends, gave a few bushes Sanka. In the middle of summer the blight fell over. And what do you think, Sanka was among all our tomatoes most resistant to the disease. We did get some of the planned harvest. And in this, Sanka played a significant role, as well as Strob's anti-phytophthora remedy, which I also wrote about in one of the reviews ... It has long been noticed that early tomato varieties have time to grow before the onset of plant diseases in the greenhouse. And Sanya before maturity needs only a little more than three months. Although these tomatoes are not high, they had a lot of fruits. Yes, and problems with them less. It is not necessary to tear off the lower branches, almost do not require a garter. And in general they are unpretentious. Even without the sun, on cloudy days they grew well. The only thing they do not like is heavy soils. But, of course, like all tomatoes, they like top dressing. For seedlings using fertilizer Ideal. When we plant tomatoes in a greenhouse, we always put small fish in a dimple near each bush and bury it. Well, of course, we use manure. We liked the taste of tomatoes too. They turned out such fleshy, juicy. In a word, delicious.
I saw a familiar name and could not refrain from commenting. All I know about the best, in a number of parameters, the variety of tomatoes is laid out below. This is not a variety, it is a tradition. One of the main advantages of this tomato is its early ripeness, I learned this from my own experience back in 2009. According to the description in the passport, the growing season is about 75–80 days, and on our site it was 80–86 days. This is a bit more, but close to the truth. I really liked the early ripeness of the variety, but we were able to experience all the benefits only after meeting with one more indisputable advantage, namely its determinism (short stature). The height of the plants was only 40–60 cm, which was very convenient. You are pushing the bush, and there it’s as if someone deliberately harvested the crop and poured it here. I liked his bright, eye-catching, some special red color. Fruits are immaculate, fleshy, rounded. It has an excellent transportability. Everyone talks about its unsurpassed taste, the real taste of tomatoes. In our family, it is universal, we use it fresh, for canning and producing tomato juice. We noticed another amazing feature. The plant can, after returning the crop, grow successfully and produce a crop. Some plants safely live to frost.
Sanka - one of the very first will give you ripe fruits
Today, the tomato seed market offers a wide choice. You can find varieties and more prolific than Sanka, you can pick varieties with more delicious fruits. And even super-ripened ones also exist. But it was in Sanka that three virtues came together: it is harvested, tasty, and most importantly, it is one of the first to ripen.
Description and characteristics of the variety
- Variety, not a hybrid.
- Determinant, stops its growth after tying 4-5 brushes.
- Stunted, in open ground grows up to 50 cm in height, but sprawling branches, so it is recommended to tie them on the trellis, although you can do without it. In greenhouse conditions can grow up to 1 meter, but not more.
- Early variety, since the emergence of seedlings on the formation of the first tomatoes 80-100 days pass.
- Fruiting begins early - in early July, maybe earlier. Tomatoes are formed until the autumn.
- The first brush is formed after 7 true leaves, the next after every 2 leaves.
- Fruits are tied to stepsons, so they are not removed.
- Productivity of tomato Sanka high - from 1 square. m can collect up to 15 kg of tomato. One bush per season gives about 4 kg of ripe elastic tomatoes.
- Resistant to diseases peculiar to this culture. Not affected by blight with proper farming techniques.
- Resistant to lower temperatures.
- It grows well in any climatic conditions: in the Black Earth, and in the Rostov region.
- The variety can be planted on less illuminated areas, the fruits ripen even with a small amount of light.
- Tomatoes are small, round, smooth and beautiful. They have a bright red color, they are spiced at the same time, which facilitates the collection procedure.
- Weigh the fruits mostly 100-150 g.
- The skin is dense. Tomatoes can be plucked unripe. They are perfectly ripe outside the bush, without losing their appearance and taste.
- The flesh is dense, not watery, unlike other early varieties, fragrant and pleasant to taste.
- The dry matter content is 4-5%.
Important! Seeds can be used for breeding varieties.
Tomatoes Sanka photo
Tomato Sanka photo which is presented below, has a dense flesh, so perfectly transports transportation over long distances.
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.