Thermophilic grass native to the Mediterranean today grows all over the world, preferring steppe and meadow places with a warm climate. The use of sage in folk medicine is known for hundreds of years, modern doctors recognize the healing properties. The main thing - should be considered contraindications to use, so as not to harm health.
Sage - Medicinal Properties
The medicinal plant contains flavonoids, phytohormones, alkaloids. Due to the presence of minerals, vitamins, essential oils, the herb solves health problems. What is useful sage? The blessing of a plant is its other name salvia - in medicinal properties. It acts as an anti-inflammatory, hormone-regulating, anti-microbial agent. Herb health benefits in healing qualities:
You can make a drink with healing properties by brewing herbs or using ready-made sachets. Drinking sage tea helps:
- cope with excessive sweating,
- remove intoxication with flu,
- cure purulent skin diseases,
- stop lactation
- prevent hair loss,
- relieve symptoms during menopause,
- relieve stress
- get rid of insomnia
- add energy
- improve the condition of bronchitis, diseases of the digestive tract,
- boost immunity.
Sage is the most popular - its medicinal properties and contraindications are necessarily taken into account - in the form of decoction. For external use:
- wounds, burns, frostbite, heal,
- gingivitis is reduced,
- toothache is eliminated
- hair begins to grow better, their loss decreases,
- Moisturized skin
- eliminated acne, acne,
- respiratory diseases are treated.
Internal use of sage decoction is effective in atherosclerosis, infertility, helps:
- facilitate sputum discharge
- normalize low acidity during gastritis,
- reduce radiculitis pains
- to treat gynecological diseases
- stabilize sugar in diabetes
- deal with the symptoms of colitis,
- accelerate convalescence for colds.
Sage oil - properties
This form of the drug has two varieties - medicinal and nutmeg, which differ in medicinal qualities and contraindications. You need to study the instructions in order to choose sage oil - the properties should suit you, and use the drug in order to:
- dentistry, gums,
- increase mental alertness
- cholesterol lowering
- increase immunity
- eliminate hair loss
- relieving nervousness
- pressure stabilization
- drug treatment
- relieve migraine headaches,
- eliminate skin problems.
Recommend the use of preparations containing dry extract and essential oils of this medicinal plant for children, adults only taking into account contraindications. Sage tablets and lozenges at an inexpensive cost requires complete dissolution in the oral cavity - chewing is undesirable. The treatment regimen must be prescribed by the doctor. According to the instructions recommend:
- adults - 6 tablets per day, every 2 hours,
- children - after 3 hours, no more than 3 pieces.
The concentrated form of the drug is made from the seeds and leaves of the plant. Sage extract in dry form is part of the tablets. The oil form is used for the purpose of application:
- in cosmetology - for masks, eliminating perspiration,
- outwardly - in the treatment of skin diseases,
- internally - in inflammation of the gallbladder, bronchitis, gastritis,
- locally - in the treatment of teeth, gums.
At home, you can easily make sage tincture on vodka or alcohol - it will retain all the properties of the herb. The finished product is sold in a pharmacy. What does sage help? If used:
- lotion - wounds, boils, burns are treated,
- inhalations - symptoms of respiratory diseases are eliminated,
- ingestion - strengthens the nerves, weakens the manifestations of menopause.
Resorption tablets - instructions for use
The affordable price of medication in the form of chewable lozenges, tablets helps to avoid the preparation of decoctions and tinctures. Use in consultation with the doctor can quickly eliminate the symptoms of a cold and inflammation. It is necessary to use caution sage pills for sucking - instructions for use stipulates, in addition to therapeutic properties, the presence of contraindications. This tool helps:
- relieve sore throat,
- ease swallowing
- destroy bacteria
- protect your vocal cords,
- improve sputum production
- relieve expectoration
- calm the cough.
Most of all contain nutrients, have the main healing effect of the leaves of the plant. Sage is used - its medicinal properties and contraindications are necessarily taken into account for the preparation of essential oils, alcohol, water tinctures, decoctions. The leaves of the plant are used for the purpose of:
The presence of antioxidants, natural antibiotics, estrogens, vitamins and essential oils in the composition of the herb contributes to its use in numerous fields. Sage leaves help many people - the indications for use are determined by their healing properties, used in the area:
Sage for colds
If you take into account all the contraindications, the use of the therapeutic properties of sage with a cold will help speed up recovery and eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of the disease. It is important that the pharmaceutical herb has a low price. It is brewed and drunk as tea, used for inhalation and rinsing, and coughing is used with hot milk and honey. Sage treatment is effective for protracted colds, flu, acute respiratory viral infections, tonsillitis. The plant helps:
- eliminate sore throat,
- reduce sweating
- relieve pain
- soothe irritation
- ease breathing
- improve swallowing.
Dentists know sage - its healing properties and contraindications are well known to them. The plant has strong antimicrobial, hemostatic, astringent qualities, perfectly eliminates inflammatory processes. Apply grass for rinsing, compresses, lotions. Sage from toothache helps, besides:
- relieves inflammation with flux,
- eliminates pain, reduces bleeding after removal,
- It is used to prevent caries.
The healing properties of sage - the ability to stop bleeding, relieve inflammation, disinfect - are used in the treatment of oral problems. It is important that the dentist be properly diagnosed, he also appointed a scheme of application, taking into account contraindications. How are the healing properties of sage used for gums? It depends on the cause and symptoms:
- when bleeding - gargle with decoction, lotion,
- inflammation is relieved with oil compresses
- rinsing helps with unpleasant smell,
- with stomatitis - lotions, ingestion.
The herb sage has found wide application in solving problems of women's health - its healing properties and contraindications are well studied. This is due to the presence in the composition of natural phytohormones, and the presence of aphrodisiacs awakens sexuality, increases libido. The plant is used in the form of decoctions, teas, tinctures, with the aim of:
- seated trays.
Medical sage for women used in gynecology for hundreds of years, enjoys well-deserved fame, but requires caution - many serious contraindications. Grass helps:
- treat infertility
- stop lactation
- deal with signs of menopause,
- eliminate inflammatory processes
- normalize the menstrual cycle
- stimulate generic activities
- relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome,
- restore hormones,
- regulate the work of the ovaries.
Effectively using sage - medicinal properties and contraindications are taken into account - to solve problems with conception in men and women. Although the drugs are available, have a low price, it is forbidden to take them on their own - the gynecologist under his control makes the whole appointment. During the treatment of infertility sage in women:
- normalization of the uterus,
- follicle growth accelerates,
- stimulates the maturation and release of the egg,
- endometrial thickness increases,
- facilitates sperm entry into the uterus.
This inevitable period for women in many cases is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Gynecologists recommend sage - the healing properties and contraindications of which are well known - to eliminate the signs of menopause. The plant is used in the form:
- decoctions for rinsing
- oils - applied to the skin,
- fresh leaves - for chewing.
Sage for women after 40 due to the presence in the composition of natural hormones helps to regulate their balance in the body, look younger. When this happens:
- increased activity
- slowing down aging
- relief from tides
- reduced sweating
- reduction of mood swings
- mood boost
- elimination of depression
- eliminating dizziness
- weakening nervousness.
What is sage, a description of where and how to grow
Sage medicinal (see photo) is a perennial herb or semi-shrub of the Cluster family with heights from 20 cm to 70 cm. It began to spread throughout the world from Mediterranean countries (Turkey, Greece, Spain), now the variety variety includes about 900 species.
This beautiful lilac flower not only smells sweetly, but also has truly healing properties. The first to recognize the healing properties of sage were Greek healers.
Stem dense, woody, elliptical leaves of different sizes. Flowers delicate lilac - blue shades are collected in spike inflorescences at the end of the stem.
In Russia, as a wild-growing plant, it is not found, it is grown on personal plots for medical purposes, like an ornamental plant. For the needs of pharmacology and the perfume industry is bred on an industrial scale.
For drying, all parts of the sage plant are used, the leaves are harvested up to three times per season, the flowers during flowering (from July to September). In industrial cultivation, the entire aboveground part is cut off.
Raw materials are dried in the shade in the street, in a ventilated room. Dry stored for 2 years.
The composition of sage and calorie
The stem, leaves and flowers of sage contain chemicals:
- essential oils,
- acids (oleanolic, ursolic),
- glycerides of linoleic acid,
- vitamins A, C, group B,
- minerals (calcium, manganese, iron, zinc, magnesium).
Healing properties of sage
The action of substances in the plant is used in the treatment of various organs and body systems:
- treatment of inflammatory diseases of the throat, mouth, bronchi,
- disinfects, participates in the regeneration of skin cells (pustular diseases, burns, frostbite),
- helps the process of recovery of liver cells, reduces inflammation of the gallbladder,
- helps in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases (improves digestion, relieves spasms of the intestine, eliminates bloating),
- strengthens the immune system, increases the body's energy reserves,
- promotes hair growth, improves blood circulation in the scalp, prevents hair loss,
- helps with depression, is involved in the regulation of nervous processes (insomnia, stress),
- improves the endocrine system,
- helps with sweating feet.
The use of sage in traditional medicine
The use of this herbal remedies in alternative medicine is varied: decoctions, tinctures, tinctures, inhalations, teas, compresses.
- Wounds, cuts, hematomas, bruises, bruises:
1.5 tablespoons of dry grass soak in a glass of boiling water in a dark place for 4 hours. Apply in the form of compresses, for the treatment of small wounds.
- Mood swings, stress, irritability:
in boiling water (1 cup) add 1 tbsp of sage leaves, soak, wrapped, 40 minutes. Drink as tea (2-3 times), adding honey.
in 500 ml of boiling water over low heat to simmer 1 st.lozhku sage (15 minutes). Sage decoction drink 10 days before meals, 125 ml four times a day.
sage, chamomile, calendula (1 part) insist in three glasses of boiling water for 30 minutes. Conduct gargle with warm broth 3-4 times.
- Angina, periodontal disease, stomatitis, gingivitis:
gargle with a water solution of sage (decoction) of 1 tbsp of herb and 150 ml of boiling water (wrap, hold for 2 hours) twice a day.
Insist 20 minutes 3 tablespoons of this herb in 250 ml of boiling water, add boiled water, bringing the volume to 1 liter. Make enemas from the filtered infusion once a day, the course - 7 days.
in the morning (on an empty stomach) drink 1 tbsp of alcoholic sage tincture (3 tbsp of herb to keep in light in 500 ml of vodka for 1 month).
The use of sage tincture with atherosclerosis is not limited, it is used to improve blood circulation, calm the nervous system, with infections of the oral cavity (rinsing the effect at the rate of 1 teaspoon of funds per cup of water three times a day), treatment of minor wounds, scratches, burns.
drink at night (about one hour) water infusion of sage from 1 tsp and a glass of boiling water.
in a boiling milk (250 ml) pour a tablespoon of herbs, insist, wrapped, to the warm condition of the milk, add honey and drink a quarter cup before eating.
1 liter of white dry wine and 4 tablespoons of foliage of the plant to insist in the dark for 10 days. Drink a tablespoon after meals.
Insist 2 tablespoons of herbs in 250 ml of boiling water (until it becomes warm), apply warm to the baths (15-20 minutes).
In addition to sage leaf in the treatment of menstrual disorders, applies the sage root. It is collected, crushed, used in dry form for the preparation of medicinal decoctions.
Preparations with sage have a pronounced effect, therefore, compliance with the dosage in the recipe is mandatory.
Harm, contraindications of sage
The presence of certain substances in the composition of sage can bring both benefit and harm, and you need to know when taking medications with sage is contraindicated in order not to harm your body:
- prolonged use (more than 3 months) contributes to the accumulation in the body of substances that negatively affect kidney function,
- not recommended for children to take inside (the substance thujone affects the children's nervous system),
- violation of the dosage may give undesirable results
- can not be used for polycystic kidney disease (increases the amount of estrogen, which contributes to the formation of cysts) and inflammatory processes in the kidneys,
- can cause a miscarriage in early pregnancy, in the later periods can cause placental abruption,
- use with caution in hypertension (decoction, infusion or the use of essential oil of sage increases the pressure), hypotension (decoction, infusion or the use of essential oil of sage nutmeg helps reduce pressure),
- Do not use during breastfeeding (suppresses lactation),
- individual intolerance.
How to brew and drink sage
Before use in various national recipes should be familiar with contraindications to its use.
Tea from the plant is unique in its properties, as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action, it is active against staphylococcus.
Brew tea in proportion: two teaspoons of a dry plant per 250 ml of boiling water. Insist half an hour. Strain.
It can be used with honey for sore throat, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis.
With lemon juice (1 tsp) can be used as a gargle to reduce sore throat, with stomatitis, periodontal disease.
Tea is useful for nervous excitement, mental overstrain, has a positive effect on colic and spasms in the intestine.
To improve the gastrointestinal tract to take before meals (half an hour).
The benefits and harm of sage for women
Herbal remedy has the features of application specifically for women due to the high content of phytohormones in its composition. Phytohormones are similar in action to the sex hormones necessary for the onset of pregnancy, so sage is successfully used in a means to help conceive.
Sage for conception
- 250 ml of boiling water and 1 tablespoon of sage should be heated in a water bath (stirring) for 10 minutes,
- close, insist one hour, press,
- on the fifth day of the menstrual cycle, start taking 50 ml of broth before eating (200 ml per day),
- take within 10-11 days (before ovulation),
- if the pregnancy has not come, the course can be repeated (only three months),
- after the break (2 months), repeat the reception.
Phytoestrogens have a positive effect on the well-being of women at the onset of menopause, help improve hormonal levels and contribute to:
- reduce the frequency of tides, reduce their intensity,
- reduce sweating,
- improvement of the genitourinary system,
- relieve headache, reduce dizziness,
- help stabilize the psycho-emotional state
- help with insomnia.
To alleviate the symptoms of menopause, it is useful to drink tea with sage with various additives: honey, lemon, ginger, raspberry and currant leaf, fresh raspberry berries, currants, lingonberries.
Средство помогает женщинам в лечении заболеваний:
- urinary incontinence,
- tension headache.
Women, in addition to general contraindications, should be aware that drugs with sage should not be taken if there are diseases: endometriosis, uterine fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia, surgical treatment of cancer of the breast and uterus.
Sage, lozenges - instructions for use
Antibacterial, antiseptic, expectorant and astringent beneficial properties of sage have been used in the preparation "Sage - tablets for resorption."
Tablets are used as an independent means and in the complex treatment of diseases of the throat, oral cavity: sore throat, laryngitis, pharyngitis, stomatitis, gingivitis.
- the maximum dose per day - 6 tablets,
- the interval between doses is 2 hours,
- children 5 years: daily dose of 2 tablets, interval - 4 hours,
- 5-9 years: 3 tablets per day, interval - 4 hours,
- 10-15 years: 4 tablets per day, interval - 3 hours.
- pills dissolve completely
- after taking it is advisable not to drink or eat for some time,
- The course of treatment is seven days.
The drug does not contain sugar, its use is allowed for patients with diabetes.
There are no contraindications for its use, except for an allergy to the plant.
During pregnancy, take only as prescribed by a doctor.
Sage during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a contraindication for taking sage inside: it helps to increase estradiol levels and reduce progesterone levels, causes uterine contractions, increases pressure, which leads to miscarriage, placental abruption.
External use of sage is possible in rinsing with decoctions, infusions for diseases of the throat and oral cavity, in the form of baths (warm) for varicose veins, swelling of the legs.
Sage Essential Oil
All essential oils are volatile, and this feature is used in methods of their use.
Sage essential oil has all the beneficial properties that all preparations based on plants.
Use options: aromatherapy, rinses, massage, inhalation, ingestion, cosmetics.
A mixture of 0.5 tsp base oil (olive, sunflower) and 1-2 drops of the essential oil of this plant to rub into the temporal region.
perform a massage using a mixture of a tablespoon of the base and three drops of the described oil.
gargle with a solution (warm) 2-3 drops of oil in 250 ml of water.
- Cosmetic products (tone the skin, give a fresh look, moisturize):
in any neutral cream (5 g) add one drop of oil.
add oil (1-2 drops) to hot water, breathe for 3-5 minutes.
- Aroma lamp (colds, irritability, stress, mental and physical fatigue):
on the area of 6-7 square meters 1-2 drops of oil.
combine sage oil (1 drop) and 2 drops of vegetable oil, roll into a ball of bread, take before meals.
Application in cosmetology of sage oil for face and hair
Beauticians use sage essential oil for procedures. It has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Doctors recommend the use of aromatherapy for stress, breakdowns, migraines and various types of headaches.
Broth medicinal sage treat acne on the face, which often occurs in adolescence. Due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, this method works effectively.
Owners are not very thick hair, you can rinse her hair with a decoction of sage. Decoction will add shine, strengthen the roots, and the hair will grow faster.
Compresses are recommended for people with dark circles under the eyes.
After reviewing the options for using this essential oil, you can choose a convenient and acceptable way for yourself.
Perennial shrub. It is appreciated by antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, astringent, emollient, wound healing, antispasmodic action. It is widely used not only in medicine, but also in cooking, cosmetology, and the perfume industry.
The medicinal properties and contraindications of medicinal sage were well known in his homeland - in the Mediterranean. Over time, the grass began to be cultivated in different countries of Europe, Asia, and North and South America. In the wild form in Russia, the grass is not found, but it can easily be grown in the garden. Salvia officinalis, like nutmeg, is valued for its high content of essential oil. Therefore, it is this species that is cultivated by industrial methods.
Types of Sage
The classification of this medicinal plant is quite complicated. Today, the number of sage species has been reduced to 900, previously this group in the classification was 2,000. Which species are the most popular, have medicinal, economic, nutritional value?
- Muscat Southern wild species, found in southern Europe, Asia, the Caucasus. Cultivated in agriculture for the food, chemical, tobacco, perfumery industry, pharmacology. Primarily valued by the essential oil. Ointments for the treatment of psoriasis are made from it.
- Ethiopian. The plant is more common in North America, less often it can be seen in the central part of Russia, in the Caucasus, in Central Asia. Excellent honey plant, but as a spice is used less frequently. The chemical composition of the essential oil has been little studied. It is known that in folk medicine this type was used for increased sweating and treatment of tuberculosis.
- White It is also called narcotic, sage of soothsayers (salvia divinorum). The plant contains psychoactive substances - salvinorins, and their content in dry leaves increases significantly. Homeland grass - Mexico. Here it is widely used and applied in magic, the plant is used in shamanic rites. In small doses, it is a remedy for kidneys, rheumatism, anemia, and headaches. Drug sage in Russia is included in the list of controlled (prohibited) substances by law. In particular, this substance is included in smoking mixtures that can be hazardous to health and life.
Steppe. Another European wild species. It can be found in the steppe and forest-steppe climatic zone, but also its range can spread to Western Siberia and Kazakhstan. Good honey plant, in folk medicine is used less frequently, suitable for the perfume industry.
The most valuable in traditional medicine is sage. It is also used in cooking, and in the food and in the perfume industry. In addition, it is a beautiful ornamental plant. It is planted in flowerbeds, alpine hills, along the tracks.
Area of sage medicinal
Where does sage grow? Homeland grass is considered the Mediterranean. This species in the wild is most common in Albania, Serbia, and Italy. He loves heat, is resistant to drought, but does not tolerate frosts. Cultivated as an aromatic plant in southern Russia (in the steppe regions), Ukraine, Moldova, Slovakia, France, the Czech Republic, Greece, Italy. The wild cultural samples of this plant can be met in gardens, fields, kitchen gardens. This variety is often grown as a seasoning and medicinal raw materials. Propagated by seed or division of the bush. Already in the first year of life, the plant forms a rather large bush. The first harvest can be collected in August after disembarking in the spring. Seeds remain viable for 3 years.
Collecting and harvesting
Sage leaves can be harvested all summer, starting from the flowering period. They should be cut at a height of 10 cm from the ground, separated from the stalks and lay evenly on paper. Drying can be carried out as an open method in the shade, and in the dryer at T 40 C. Raw materials retain their properties for 12 months. after harvesting. Store best in glass jars out of sunlight.
Sage leaves contain:
- organic acids (ursolic, oleanolic, chlorogenic),
- the elements Na, K, Ca, Cu, Fe,
- Vitamins P, A, C, E, K, folic acid, B6, B2, B3 and PP,
- essential oil, rich in terpene compounds,
Valuable essential oil is most actively produced during the fruiting period and is mostly found in flowers.
Sage preparations are indicated for:
- Bleeding and inflammation of the gum tissue and oral mucosa,
- Catarrhal phenomena of the upper respiratory tract,
- Gastric colic,
- Female infertility
- Nonhealing wounds, burns, ulcers,
- Radiculitis, sciatica and other diseases.
Contraindications and special instructions
Do not take sage in doses higher than recommended, as well as more than 3 months continuously. Absolute contraindications to the use of drugs of sage are:
- individual intolerance,
- convulsive readiness
- acute jade,
- strong, persistent cough,
- pregnancy and lactation,
- also do not recommend treatment for children under 5 years old.
The scope of application of sage in folk medicine is really endless. It is used to treat ENT pathology (sore throat, laryngitis, etc.), inflammatory and purulent skin lesions, pulmonary tuberculosis, polyarthritis, edema, radiculitis, atherosclerosis, gynecological diseases, gastrointestinal tract pathologies, liver, infertility and much more. We give the most effective recipes with a plant.
- It has a pronounced antiperspirant effect, which lasts at least 2 hours. It is recommended both for excessive sweating and for diseases accompanied by accelerated sweating, for example, tuberculosis.
- It helps speedy recovery for bronchitis, bronchial asthma, gastrointestinal diseases, liver and gall bladder.
- Stops lactation if necessary.
- Strengthens hair follicles, stops premature baldness.
1 tbsp. dried raw materials or 1 bag of pharmacy tea is poured with 1 cup of boiling water, insisting 15 minutes and drinking a third of a glass three times a day before meals. The optimal duration of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
For external use:
- Contributes to the rapid tightening of non-healing wounds (washing of wounds, attachment of lotions).
- Eliminates thrush in children (mouth rinse).
- It helps sage with toothache, as well as in the treatment of flux, bleeding gums (rinsing).
- Reduces the severity of inflammatory changes in sore throat (irrigation of the throat and rinsing).
- Improves the condition of the hair, strengthens the roots (rinsing after washing with a light massage of the scalp).
Sage Herb for Infertility
Whole books of traditional healers are devoted to the treatment of infertility with the help of a plant, which has a completely scientific explanation. The fact is that the sage phytohormones are structurally similar to estrogen, the female sex hormones, and therefore act in the body in a similar way (see also the boron uterus with infertility). But before treatment you should consult with the gynecologist about the possibility and feasibility of herbal medicine.
Herbal medicine is prescribed for 10 days in the first phase of the menstrual cycle on the first day after the completion of the next menstruation, i.e. from about the 5th to the 15th day of the cycle. If there are no monthly periods for a long period of time, treatment can begin on any day - in this case, the first day of treatment will be considered the 5th day of the cycle.
One tbsp dry leaves of a plant or a pharmacy bag of tea brewed with a glass of boiling water, infused for 15 minutes, filtered. This is a daily portion, which is divided into three doses during the day and drink 20 minutes before meals. Every day a fresh infusion is prepared.
Do not recommend simultaneous treatment with sage and hormonal drugs. If during the period of treatment, adverse reactions are observed, allergy - stop taking sage.
Sage in gynecology
Used to eliminate menopausal symptoms, especially effective at the beginning of the application at the earliest manifestations of menopause, even before the cessation of menstruation.
The plant is also effective in the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, accompanied by emotional instability, abdominal pain, etc.
It has beneficial properties for women who need to stop lactation, for which it is recommended to take tea or infusion of sage 100 ml twice a day for 5-7 days, but usually milk disappears already for 3-4 days of intake.
At the same time, it is recommended to apply compresses on the mammary glands with sage oil (2-3 drops per 25 ml of vegetable oil) in order to prevent milk stagnation. Gauze is moistened in the resulting mixture of oils and applied to the chest for 1 hour, covered with cellophane. Enough one-time conduct during the day.
Useful and healing properties of sage
There are a lot of varieties of this plant, but not all contain healing properties. Usually for the treatment take nutmeg and medicinal sage. Only in these types contains a lot of essential oil.
Components of plants and their benefits for humans:
- Oil eliminates inflammation well and has a damaging effect on many bacteria. Most camphor is found in sage leaves, which has a positive effect on the respiratory tract. For the maintenance of the nervous system and other equally important processes in the human body, vitamin B1 is responsible.
- Vitamin P is useful for strengthening the walls of blood vessels, and ascorbic acid, protects the body from colds and other diseases.
- In order for biological processes to proceed correctly, nicotinic acid monitors, it also produces energy in the body.
- Sage tea rejuvenates the body. Due to the phytohormones that are present in the plant itself, the youth of the female body is prolonged.
- Sage cures diseases of the bronchi, its expectorant actions can relieve bronchitis.
- Improves memory.
- Found its use during the treatment of hemorrhoids, atherosclerosis.
- Drugs from sage are good anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used when a sore throat has caught up, the gums have inflamed, you need to get rid of acne lesions and various kidney diseases.
Salvia in folk medicine
For many centuries, various medical preparations have been making sage. This is usually a decoction, tincture of alcohol, oil, tincture made on water or powder. The most beneficial substances in the plant are in the leaves and flowers.
- If you need to improve memory. A glass of boiling water pour 20 grams of sage. It is necessary to insist a decoction, strain through a strainer and take inside. Drink 1 tbsp. spoon in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- When a person suffers from atherosclerosis, sage tincture may help. For this infusion you need a container with a tight lid. There we put three tablespoons of the plant and pour 0.5 liters of vodka. A closed container should stand in the sun for 30 days. Take every morning before meals for 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Sage, infused with water, easily eliminates the process of inflammation. To prepare such an infusion, half a spoonful of grass is poured with boiling water, and aged for about two hours. Then the infusion is filtered and you can already use it. It is good to make compresses and wash out wounds from such means. This infusion helps to remove herpes and dermatitis.
- You can caress your mouth and throat with an infusion of sage when you need to deal with a sore throat, stomatitis, gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Frequent mood swings, nervous tension, sleepless nights. Before bed you need to drink an infusion. Take a pinch of dry plants and pour a glass of boiling water. Allow to cool slightly and take overnight.
- Improve the process of digestion will help the broth made from sage. One spoon of sage herbs is poured with boiling water and allowed to stand for a while. Drink before the start of a meal for 20 minutes, four times a day. To fully normalize the digestive system, they drink the broth for ten days. The beneficial properties of the herb will improve digestion, food will be absorbed more easily, and constipation, diarrhea and flatulence will disappear.
- To get rid of hemorrhoids, you need to be treated for ten days with infusion of herbs. For infusion you need to take three tablespoons of the plant and pour 100 ml of water. After the liquid is infused, it is diluted with water as needed. Drink 50 ml 2-3 times a day.
The use of sage in cooking
In cooking, sage has been used for a very long time. Its main purpose in dishes is spice. The strong and spicy aroma of the tips of sage is well manifested when frying.
Spice is added to meat and fish dishes, used to make sausages and other culinary delights. It is an indispensable ingredient for sauce and pate. In the composition of the drinks there are aromatic additives, so sage is also included there.
How to use sage as cosmetics?
Virtually every woman uses creams, but not every one knows that they often contain such herbs as sage. It contributes to the normal operation of metabolic processes, moisturizing the skin and its healthy appearance. Наши предки лечили шалфеем угревую сыпь, максимально использовали его антибактериальные свойства. Им очищали поры, приводили в норму работу сальных желез.
- Для сухой кожи лица можно сделать маску из шалфея. Нужно взять 20 гр. овсяной муки и смешать с таким же количеством йогурта или сметаны. Put four drops of sage essential oil in this mixture. Mix well and apply to clean skin. Hold for ten minutes and rinse.
- For girls with oily skin, you can use lotion. To make it necessary to steam a pinch of grass in 200 ml of warm water. Let it stand and strain. Liquid combined with apple cider vinegar in proportions of one to one. Face this lotion is wiped in the morning and evening. Store in a cool place.
- To prepare a skin cleansing lotion, take a spoonful of a plant and pour a glass of boiling water over it. It is necessary to insist eight hours. A thermos bottle is used as a container. As soon as the liquid has cooled completely, add vodka (one tablespoon). Face wipe after waking up and before bedtime.
- In order to give the skin a healthy look, a simple face mask is used to return it to tone. She also narrow well pores. Two spoons of herbs pour 200 ml of hot water. We make a water bath and hold it for half an hour. The liquid has cooled, add a little honey and a few drops of lemon juice. On the face and problem areas make a compress from this mixture. Soak for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. This decoction is well suited for daily wiping the face and décolleté.
- To prepare a sage bath, you first need to make a decoction. Few leaves pour one liter of water and boil for half an hour. Well, if the broth will be prepared in advance, and will have time to infuse. You collect a bath of water and pour broth into it. Such baths cleanse and soothe the skin, make it easier to endure hot weather.
- When you need to get rid of dandruff and return hair smooth and silky, you can use a liter of hot water and a hundred grams of sage. All this is brewed in a thermos. Infusion caress hair, after the procedure they do not need to squeeze, let them dry on their own. This only strengthens them and returns the natural beauty.
- Sage oil is often used to maintain healthy hair. This product improves hair growth, strengthens and stimulates the growth of new hairs. So that the hair was not only beautiful, but also healthy, did not fall out and retain the natural shine - you need to add sage oil to the shampoo that is used for everyday washing of the head. Usually mix five drops of oil in 15 ml of shampoo. This cosmetic is applied as an ordinary shampoo. Applied to hair, aged for several minutes and thoroughly washed with warm water.
Useful Sage Recipes
Independently and at home it is not difficult to prepare medicinal drinks or sage decoctions.
- Tea from sage is easy to prepare. One teaspoon of the plant will need a fourth of a glass of boiling water. Need to insist within ten minutes.
- Sage is a herb that prolongs life and gives youth. You can make sage wine. Take 4 tbsp. spoons of the plant, there should be leaves and flowers. Pour dry white wine, half a liter will be enough. Wine should stand for 14 days in a dark place. Periodically, the container with the liquid must be inverted. The liquid is filtered and considered ready for use. Drink wine twice a day to 30 ml. Such an elixir will help eliminate inflammation, improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract, and break down fats. It is important to remember that such a wine should not be consumed for a long time. In the year should be no more than three courses for two weeks.
- To prepare a vodka brew, you need to take half a glass of vodka and flowers of the plant. If it is a fresh plant, then one glass, and if the grass is already dry and crushed, then half a cup will be just right. It is necessary to insist forty days. The liquid container should be in the sun at this time. Then strain and take as medicine. Before taking the infusion diluted in half with water. Each time, before you eat, be sure to take one tablespoon of this tool. The plant has a positive effect on the human body, and for the elderly, this infusion is especially useful.
- From sage, you can prepare a stimulating drug. You need to take one liter of red wine and pour them a hundred grams of sage leaves. Should insist week. Drink this infusion twice a day for 25-30 ml.
- Also from sage, you can make a versatile tea that will be useful for the whole body and strengthen the immune system. For brewing tea, take 20-gram mint and sage, another teaspoon of anise. Herbal mixture pour 200 ml of boiling water and drink three times a day for a quarter cup. If the taste of tea is not very pleasant, you can add a little honey. The duration of this course should not be more than 20 days.
A plant like sage will cure many diseases. The main thing is that all the proportions should be observed in the medicine prepared by yourself and at home, then the body will benefit and improve its health.
A perennial shrub can reach a height of 70 cm. What are the features of its morphology?
- Root. Gustovetvisty, branched, lignified.
- The stalk. Lignified beneath, grassy above, dying in winter, pubescent, tetrahedral.
- Leaves . Elliptical, greenish-gray, ovoid, sessile or petiole, have different sizes.
- Flowers Collected in spike inflorescences that end shoots. Flowers can be light lilac, blue, lilac-blue.
The grass blooms in June and July.
How to harvest this medicinal plant?
- What to collect. The leaves are most often harvested, but there is also medicinal benefit in the apical part of the plant (inflorescence).
- Collection time. You can collect leaves at the beginning of flowering (June) and then up to 3 times during the growing season until September.
- How to collect. You can pick off individual leaves, buds. The industrial fee involves mowing the entire aboveground part.
- Drying It is carried out in a natural way in attics, under sheds.
It is necessary to store as essential oil raw materials - in tightly closed containers. Shelf life - 2 years.
The healing properties of sage:
- wound healing
- organic acids
- essential oil (borneol, camphor, cineole, thujone, salven),
- tanning, protein compounds,
Indications for use
What does sage help? What symptoms and diagnoses are prescribed?
- Outdoor use. Sage is used for gargling and nose rinsing in otolaryngology. The remedy helps with loss of voice in case of sore throat, pharyngitis, tonsillitis. It is used in dentistry to disinfect teeth and gums, rinsing the oral mucosa during stomatitis. In addition, the tool is used for enemas for hemorrhoids, diseases of the rectum, prostate gland. Herbs make lotions, compresses, medicinal baths for diseases of the joints. The tool relieves inflammation, pain, swelling. From fresh leaves make compresses with bruises, tumors, suppuration.
- Sage in gynecology. Often prescribed in the form of douching. Inside take with infertility, hormonal failure, to increase the thin endometrium, growth and maturation of the follicles.
- Diseases of the lower respiratory tract. Inside, you can take infusions and tinctures of herbs for colds, coughs, bronchitis and pleurisy, tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, shortness of breath. Attacks of cough well removes infusion of sage with honey.
- Urinary system . The herb is a known diuretic. In Mexicans - this is one of the first means to treat the kidneys, bladder. Removes fluid from the body, relieves swelling.
- Digestion. Helps with bloating, bowel spasms. Applied with diarrhea, inflammation of the colon and small intestine, diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
- Nervous system . Indications for use can be nervous disorders, fatigue, sleep and memory disorders. The medicine alleviates the symptoms of paralysis, reduces trembling in the hands. The herb helps with high pressure, dilates blood vessels, improves blood circulation.
- For weight loss. Grass normalizes metabolism and appetite, improves digestion, speeds up metabolic processes, promotes weight loss. It is often included in various dietary herbal, prescribed for diabetes, obesity.
Can I drink sage in combination with other herbs? It is known that this medicinal plant is included in various herbal preparations - gastric, nursing, emollient, antituberculous.
In the grass a lot of tannins, bitterness, essential oil. With an overdose and a long course, the following symptoms may occur:
- urticaria allergies and itching,
- digestive disorders: diarrhea or constipation, nausea, heartburn, vomiting,
- malaise, weakness, dizziness, headache, tinnitus, convulsions, heart palpitations.
The use of sage in pharmacology and home conditions
What is the use of this plant in traditional medicine? What drugs can be purchased at the pharmacy?
- Cough tablets. Designed for sucking. Relieve inflammation, act as an expectorant, antiseptic, astringent. They are prescribed not only for coughing (tracheitis, laryngitis, bronchitis), but also for acute and chronic pharyngitis and tonsillitis. Also, tablets disinfect the mouth with stomatitis and gingivitis. Adults are allowed to take up to 6 tablets per day, the course of treatment should not exceed 7 days. In the composition - dry sage extract and essential oil, as well as various excipients. Today, the pharmaceutical market offers a lot of combination preparations for sucking, which include sage.
- Essential oil of clary sage. Often prescribed for inhalation when coughing, colds, tonsillitis, laryngitis. Promotes rapid recovery of voice, relieves swelling. Inside you can take 2-3 drops no more than 3 times a day. The product is diluted with warm water. Drink with digestive disorders, nervous tension, convulsions, overwork, to normalize blood pressure. Externally, the essential oil is used in cosmetology, for therapeutic baths, aromatherapy, massage, making applications and compresses.
- Alcohol tincture of sage. Designed for external use. It is an effective broad spectrum antimicrobial agent. Often used for disinfection of the oral cavity, in inflammatory processes on the skin, as a styptic. Relieves pain in inflammations and boils. A lot of positive reviews about the treatment of tincture of gingivitis and stomatitis, the tool strengthens the gums, eliminates their bleeding.
- Dry vegetable raw materials. Available in powdered form (powder), it is used to prepare decoctions and infusions. Also, the grass can be bought in the form of filter bags and brew as tea. The instructions for use of sage indicate such pharmacological properties of the drug - antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent. The main indications for use are inflammatory processes in the oral cavity.
It is used for compresses with radiculitis, polyarthritis, tumors, burns, suppurations. Juice washed wounds, wipe the face with acne. It heals well ulcers and fissures in the corners of the mouth. But take it inside is not recommended. The use of fresh sage herb is recommended for bruises, abscesses, tumors. Fresh leaves are crushed and applied as a compress.
Tea with sage can be taken in its pure form or include it in herbal. A good antiseptic is a combination of chamomile and sage.
- Take 1 tsp. chamomile and sage.
- Pour a glass of boiling water.
- Insist 15 minutes.
Take ½ cup 2-3 times a day. It can also be used externally for disinfection.
Broths are taken in diseases of the respiratory system, kidneys, digestion, and nervous disorders. How to brew sage?
- Take 1 tsp. leaves.
- Pour a glass of boiling water.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Insist 30 minutes.
Before taking, you need to strain the decoction. Take 1/4 cup 3 times a day.
For external use, you can make broths stronger (for 1 cup take 3 tsp. Of raw materials). But they can not drink: such a concentration can lead to indigestion or side effects from the nervous system.
The infusion is used in the same way as a decoction, but it is prepared a little differently - without boiling.
- Take 1 tsp. raw materials.
- Pour a glass of boiling water.
- Insist 1 hour.
Drink 1-2 tbsp. l before meals three times a day. Means well helps with flatulence, spasms, intestinal inflammation. It is also prescribed for gastritis, kidney disease, gallbladder, liver.
Alcohol tincture is especially useful for the nervous system. People call it “the elixir of life”, it improves memory, strengthens the mental and physical health of the elderly.
- Take 2 tbsp. l raw materials.
- Fill with 2 glasses of vodka (alcohol 40%).
- Close the container tightly, put it on the light.
- Insist on 30 days.
Before taking, be sure to strain. Take on an empty stomach and 1 tbsp. spoon, washed down with warm water.
Benefits for women
How can a plant be useful for women? It is used as an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory agent, as well as a natural hormonal drug.
- Climax. You can take orally in the form of alcohol tinctures and decoctions. Helps relieve nervousness, anxiety, reduces hot flashes and increased sweating during menopause.
- Sage to stop lactation. In many countries, mums use grass to decide to complete breastfeeding. The decrease in milk production is due to the hormonal effects of sage. Therefore, in the period of lactation (if you wish it to continue), grass is contraindicated.
- Sage for conception. Borovaya uterus, red brush and sage - three wonderful herbs that women often drink to conceive. However, doctors warn that self-treatment can lead to serious complications of the reproductive system. Without the advice of a gynecologist, the necessary examinations can not take this herb. Read more about sage with infertility in our other article.
- Precautionary measures . The herb is a plant estrogen! If the woman has an estrogen deficiency, sage can help in the first phase of the cycle (to accelerate the growth of the endometrium and follicles). But if there is an excess of estrogen, the herb can damage and lead to hormonal disruption. Therefore, it is prescribed only by a doctor. To detect a hormonal imbalance, you need to be tested for hormones on certain days of the cycle.
- Sage during pregnancy. Allowed for external use only. Drinking the grass even in small doses is strictly prohibited. This is due to the hormonal effect that sage gives.
Benefits for men
What is useful sage for men? The herb is a natural aphrodisiac, increases the potency. The most effective is considered to be sage. From his powder and seeds make decoctions and alcohol tinctures, which they drink a long course. Sage is prescribed for male infertility, the herb has a beneficial effect on reproductive function. When inflammation of the prostate gland prescribed enemas from the infusions of sage.
Benefits for children
Before using this herb in children, it is imperative to consult a pediatrician. It is an effective anti-inflammatory and expectorant, but large doses can lead to inhibition or stimulation of the central nervous system, digestive disorders. There are no contraindications for external use. If the child is old enough and can independently gargle, the mouth cavity is treated with broths. Sage is also helpful when coughing children. The herb can be drunk in the form of weak decoctions and infusions, which add boiled milk and honey. It is also added to inhalation fees. However, in this case, consultation of the doctor is required. For example, a dry, barking cough may be a symptom of laryngitis. Inhalation with this diagnosis can lead to a narrowing of the larynx, bronchospasm, asphyxiation.
How to use grass in cosmetology?
- Sage decoction for hair. It is used in the form of masks and rinsing. The herb eliminates dandruff, reduces the oily skin of the scalp and hair, has a beneficial effect on hair growth.
- Sage for the face. Useful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. Broths and infusions are used for acne. The herb is especially useful for young, sensitive skin with high fat content. With dark circles, eyelid puffiness makes compresses from the grass.
Sage essential oil is widely used in cosmetology and perfumery, it is used to flavor cosmetic and hygiene products. It relieves stress during massage and aromatherapy.
What is the use of herbs in cooking? The plant has a sharp, spicy taste and smell, so it is used as a seasoning for first and second courses, salads. Especially good herb combines with fish, meat, vegetable and sweet dishes. In the countries of South and North America it is widely used in the canning, distillery, confectionery industry, in cheese making. For example, in Mexico and Chile from nutmeg sage prepare intoxicating drinks, add grass to wine, beer, pastries. But also sage is loved in the south of Europe.
Широкое применение шалфея лекарственного в народной и традиционной медицине объясняется его дезинфицирующим, вяжущим, противовоспалительным свойством. Его часто назначают для полоскания горла, обработки ротовой полости при заболеваниях десен и зубов. Им обрабатывают раны и ожоги. Inside the grass is taken when coughing, diseases of the kidneys, the digestive organs, to normalize the hormonal background, strengthen the nervous system, improve memory.
For lovers of harvested medicinal herbs on their own, we have prepared photos, with the help of which you will find the right plant. Bright and thick flowers with a spicy scent - the calling card of all kinds of sage.
It is worth noting that there are so many subspecies of it that you can compare two escapes and not see the similarities between them, although they both will be sage. In order not to be mistaken, collect the most popular types.
Nutrients in Sage
The use of a plant or preparation should confirm its chemical composition. The study of salvia led scientists to conclude that it possesses one of the richest compositions among natural herbs.
From a thousand varieties of substances, we selected the most useful and selected them for review. You will be surprised how versatile this product is and how many medical problems it can eradicate.
- Vitamins (A, E, K and PP). Vitamins increase the immunity of a person, his general physical and psychological state.
- Ursolic acid. A unique component that tones the muscular system, improves metabolism, reduces the amount of subcutaneous fat. At high concentrations, this acid successfully fights various tumors and inflammations. Used to treat melanoma in the developed world. Revitalizes hairline.
- Salvin. A harmless plant-derived antibiotic that can suppress the development of bacteria in the human body. Does not cause indigestion and does not reduce the immune system.
- Uvaol. A natural substance that blocks inflammation. It has diuretic properties, so this plant is not recommended for renal diseases.
- Chloregenic acid. Natural antioxidant, similar to that contained in tea. Increases the tone of the whole body. Blocks viral or fungal development.
- Linoleic acid Also known as omega-6 essential fatty acid.
- Useful chemical trace elements. Potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, etc.
Sage essential oil is extracted when the seeds ripen. At this time in it the strongest concentration of the listed substances. This oil is an excellent alternative to salvia in live form, because it does not deteriorate and takes up less space.
Sage for women's health
The female body is demanding of environmental conditions, nutrition and stress. Therefore, it can sometimes fail. Sage has proven itself a good helper for the female body, due to the content of phytohormones.
- Infertility. If the problem is not at the physical level, when the uterus is not functioning, then a decoction of sage with constant use will increase the chances of getting pregnant. Phytohormones normalize the fertilization process for women.
- With climax. There comes a period in the life of a woman when she does not feel sexual attraction to a man, loses function. Salvia decoction will help in this case, thanks to the same phytohormones.
- To stop lactation. After giving birth, the female breast is under severe stress for several months. Since sage relieves puffiness and relieves pain, doctors recommend tea with the addition of salvia to stop lactation to young mothers in order to stop milk production and return the breast to its original appearance.
- To conceive a child. If from a physical point of view there are no obstacles to conceiving, then daily consumption of decoction or infusion of sage will increase the likelihood of pregnancy. This is explained by cleansing the body and toning the uterus.
- To rejuvenate the body. It also applies to men, but they are less puzzled by this issue. If you drink a light infusion of sage daily on an empty stomach, then after a week you will notice an improvement in the condition of your skin and hair. This procedure should be carried out every day for a whole month.
- When pregnancy. Inside should not be used, the child's body may react with allergies, allowed external use.
In general, women should pay close attention to this plant, since it can qualitatively improve the sex life, the process of motherhood and the appearance of a woman.
Sage for the treatment of various diseases
We invite you to familiarize yourself with the list of diseases in the treatment of which sage and its products can be used. Many people mistakenly believe that this herb can be used only for viral diseases.
- With throat diseases. Due to the fact that salvia contains such a natural component as Salvin (antibiotic), sage decoction or tincture will facilitate a quick and harmless recovery.
- In case of oral diseases. The antiseptic properties of salvia respond quickly to viral infections of the oral cavity. Broths and alcohol-containing infusions will help you with this.
- With skin diseases. Fresh sage juice has a strong antiseptic and analgesic effect, can disinfect shallow cuts. burns, acne and redness. For these purposes, use salvia oil if a fresh plant is not at hand.
- In diseases of the digestive tract. This plant will cope with all manifestations of indigestion due to the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract. Infusion - the perfect option.
- For any inflammation. Natural antiseptic, that says it all. Inflammation in the mouth or intestines, it does not matter, the decoction passes through all stages of digestion and heals the organs. External inflammations, such as abrasions, are treatable with sage oil or fresh juice.
As you can see, there are a lot of vectors for applying salvia, so we strongly recommend that you keep at least dried leaves or concentrated oil in stock.
Salvia for beauty
They say that beauty requires sacrifice, but not in our case. In order to maintain the beauty with sage, you only need enthusiasm and a little patience.
- For hair . Ursolic acid in the composition of our plant penetrates deep into the hair bag and skin, saving a person from desquamation. Simply replace every second shampooing with a shampoo on sage infusion.
- For face . Best of all with the tone of the skin copes with ice from salvia. Brew sage in the same proportion as regular tea. Allow to infuse and pour into an ice tank. Ready ice rub the skin once a day. Against the circles under the eyes do the same thing, but without creating ice. Wipe the skin under the eyes with cotton pads moistened with a weak infusion. Against acne (acne, rash), wipe your face every night with oil or a light extract of sage. As you remember, it relieves inflammation and kills germs on the face.
Well, nothing complicated. Try to choose for yourself the most interesting methods of maintaining female beauty and do not neglect this business. Remember that the appearance must be constantly maintained in good shape.
Broths in folk remedies occupy a dominant position. They are easy to prepare, they are effective and concentrated. Decoction is indispensable for colds when a person needs a hot drug.
- For half a liter of water take two tablespoons of dried leaves.
- We put on fire.
- We bring to a boil and sharply remove from the stove so that the broth does not lose most of its beneficial properties during boiling.
- Cool to a comfortable state so as not to burn the lips and organs.
- You can drink or do gargling.
The frequency and volume of consumption of decoction depends on the disease. Cough decoction should be drunk once a glass before bedtime. If stomach problems, it is better more often, but in smaller quantities.
It differs from the broth only method of manufacture. The infusion retains all the medicinal qualities, since it is not subjected to heat treatment.
- We will need two tablespoons of a heap of salvia leaves on half a liter of water.
- Leave in a warm dry place for 3-4 days. A strong infusion takes a week.
- The medicine is ready for use.
Infusion is preferable to take in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as it can not harm the internal organs of high temperature. When the stomach is out of order, it reacts strongly to it.
Sage alcohol extract
A special form of medicine that should not be given to children, but can and should be consumed by adults. The recipe does not require specific skills from you.
- We take dried or fresh leaves of sage, put in a deep container.
- Fill with alcohol or vodka so that the leaves are completely immersed in alcohol.
- Insist 2-3 weeks in a cool dry place.
- Add alcohol tincture in tea.
The medicine turns out concentrated, it is simply not recommended to drink it. Also, do not drink the extract for the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract, alcohol can cause irritation, only with SARS and cold.
The method of preparation is very similar to the alcohol extract. The difference lies in the basis of the tincture; white wine is used instead of alcohol. The medicine is softer and more aromatic.
- We take one liter of white wine, not fortified.
- Add to it 10-150 grams of salvia leaflets.
- Leave for two weeks in a dry place.
- You can drink in small sips for the treatment of viral, bacterial diseases, as well as gastric disorders.
Sage wine is an original product, it is not customary to add it to other beverages, like alcoholic extract. Children are not recommended to give.
In industrial medicine it is common to use sage for two purposes only: treatment of the throat and skin diseases. It follows that the key pharmaceutical preparations are: tablets for the treatment of the throat and extract of sage for the skin.
A small range is compensated by the quality of drugs. They really deserve the attention of the buyer. Many marketed drugs for the treatment of acne are composed of sage.
Tablets with sage for sucking
Tablets on the market are already much wider. Here you should choose, based on the composition of pills and personal preferences. We recommend buying regular tablets called Sage.
- They are the most affordable. No advertising campaign, no overpayment.
- They are natural, without chemical additives. They contain real juice of our plant.
- Reviews of the drug for the treatment of throat the most positive.
Advertising is not always our friend, because of it, people do not even know about the existence of such wonderful pills that are not inferior in performance to expensive imported counterparts.
Contraindications to the use of sage
There are several circumstances in which it is not recommended to be treated with this plant or consumed. There are not many of them, but we have to report them.
Contraindications in medicine are mandatory, it is better not to risk when it comes to health.
- The plant is a light diuretic, with exacerbation of renal diseases, give it up for a while.
- Not recommended for diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Do not ingest during pregnancy (external use is allowed and recommended).
- Discard salvia for polycystic.
There is also such a thing as individual intolerance. If after applying any medication on the basis of something, discomfort arises, it is better to refuse it.
Video: Sage - healing herb
On the first channel comes the cognitive show “Live Healthy”, in which the benefits and harms of drugs are considered. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video about this plant and draw conclusions.
We fully agree with the authors of the show that sage is one of the most amazing plants on planet Earth. Well, time to sum up.
If you decide to discover meadow medicinal sage, then you have made the right choice. Before you opens the mass of medical techniques, which you could not even imagine. Use traditional methods, buy pharmaceutical preparations, be engaged in the prevention of colds.
Share this article with those who constantly complain about a sore throat and runny nose. Share on social networks so that as many people as possible discover a wonderful medicinal product. Write in the comments your recipes with him. Remember that every advice is priceless. Be healthy!
The plant is a perennial, reaches a maximum height of 75 cm. The root is hard and branched. Numerous stems have a tetrahedral shape and are densely dotted with oblong leaves. The flowers have an irregular shape, painted in purple or pinkish-white color, collected in inflorescences. The fruit remains in the cup.
Flowering begins from the second year of the growing season and lasts from the end of May to July. Sage is cultivated in the heat-loving regions of Russia, in the Ukraine, in the Crimea, and with a decorative purpose. The leaves have a strong smell. Medicinal value are the upper parts of the plant and the leaves, as well as the inflorescences of clary sage.