A huge number of modern materials makes it possible to most conveniently and functionally equip our life. For example, there is such material as lutrasil. What is it, they know those who have to work in agriculture or in their backyard. This is a synthetic material of non-woven structure, which is made of polypropylene, which is widely used in agriculture and home gardens.
Types and features
Lutrasil film is of two types of structure - fibrous and reticulate, and from the point of view of color solution - white and black. The main purpose of this material is to protect plants from the effects of natural conditions, primarily from frost. Depending on the thickness, it can be used for the following purposes:
- cover early crops in spring
- protect plants from frost and fog
- cover greenhouses and greenhouses,
- cover young conifers in the country, as well as bushes of roses and rhododendrons.
Choosing a covering material lutrasil, you need to pay attention to its density. Thus, the figures of 18 g / m², 23 g / m² indicate that it can be used to protect plants and crops at temperatures up to -3 ° C. The beds should be sheltered immediately after seeds have been sown or seedlings planted in the ground. The edges of the material can be fixed with stones.
A density of 30 g / m² and even 40 g / m² allows the use of lutrasil in frosts down to -7 ° C. Such a film can cover plants as well as externally cover greenhouses. But the material with a density of 60 g / m² assumes that it will be used as a windscreen in open areas, which is ensured by the strength of the film.
Where does lutrasil apply?
That this is a very necessary material for the garden and the garden is known by many amateur gardeners. For example, in case of need of soil mulching it is better to use black material, since it will contribute to the warming up of the earth. But most people use the material to shelter the plants for the winter, for example, beloved by many roses. This way of shelter has a lot of advantages. Firstly, the material is quite inexpensive. Secondly, during storage, it takes up very little space, and you can use it for a long time. However, lutrasil should also be used correctly.
Lutrasil and roses
For a start, it is worth remembering that roses can withstand temperatures up to - 8 degrees. But if the frost increases, then in November you can take shelter of plants. To do this, they first cleaned of unwanted leaves. It is necessary to use a film in two, and even three layers of the greatest density. So you can be sure that the plants successfully overwinter. Another important point is that the more area you cover, the warmer your plants will be. At least you need to cover one square meter, but it is better to expand the area: in this case, the earth will give off more heat, and your roses will definitely stand even in severe frosts.
If climbing roses, then they need to be carefully tied bundles, then bend down to the ground. True, it is imperative to lay on bare soil, for example, boards or logs, so that during the thaw the branches do not get wet and do not spoil in the puddle. Some hybrids of roses do not bend, so they should be cut a little - up to 50 cm from the ground maximum. Ideally, lutrasil should be laid on arcs or supports, so that under the oppression of snow your flooring will not bend or press on plants.
Lutrasil (which is what we have already identified) is the best solution for sheltering use. It is light, soft and at the same time dense, and it was created in Germany just to cover various crops in agriculture in spring and summer. The properties of this film are far superior to the quality of its analogues:
- It perfectly protects from frosts from -2 ° C to -7 ° C, if covered in two layers.
- Promotes plant growth if so-called physiological soil drought is noted.
- Well passes moisture and air, providing growth of plants.
- Plants are well protected from overheating.
- It has high transparency.
- Serves as reliable protection from birds and pests.
- Does not require the use of frames and arcs for installation.
How to use?
The beds are covered with lutrasil immediately after the seedlings are planted or sown. The edges of the material should be sprinkled or stoned to prevent the wind from blowing the film. If plants do not need to pollinate, then it can be left on the ridge until the harvest. Only occasionally can the edges be raised to allow the plants to grow. For the period of pollination film is removed. By the way, you can water plants directly through lutrasil without removing it.
The material can also be used to cover greenhouses, unheated stationary hotbeds, and also as an additional plant cover. This will protect crops from frost and get an earlier harvest. Using greenhouses, you can achieve savings on heating. Lutrasil black non-woven is perfect for heating the soil and growing crops that require careful care.
What to choose?
As already mentioned, today offers a huge amount of materials that can be used in agriculture. For example, many gardeners do not know what to choose - lutrasil or spunbond. Their doubts are understandable, since these materials are similar in most characteristics. But, for example, lutrasil is most often produced in white color and is used mainly to shelter the beds and crops. At the same time, the spanbond is a black material, which is often necessary for mulching the earth just before planting plants in it.
In Europe, lutrasil film has been used for 20 years and is popular due to the ecological purity and naturalness of the fibers. Using it, you can create a closed space above the plants, which at the same time will provide them with everything they need - light, air and water. Thanks to the creation of a favorable microclimate, vegetables, fruits and berries will grow much faster, providing their owners with an early harvest.
It is a reliable material that is able to protect plants from pests. Non-woven structure - a guarantee that the covered plants will not be infected with various diseases. Due to the homogeneous composition of the fibers in the space under the shelter, a microclimate conducive to the growth of cultures is created, and the precipitation is evenly distributed and the air circulates constantly. Many gardeners say that using a black spunboard in the strawberry beds, you can forget about such a problem as weeds for a long time.
Where to buy lutrasil and spunbond?
As we already understood, both materials are perfect for using them as covering materials. You can buy such a film in specialized stores that sell various goods and materials for home and garden. In addition, you can always order a delivery from a manufacturing company that manufactures lutrasil. That this is a very good and high-quality material, everyone already understood. In addition, it is an economical material, because you can buy it at a low cost. So, depending on the density of the fiber, lutrasil will cost an average of 2 to 24 rubles per linear meter.
Thus, both lutrasil and spunbond can be used as a covering film. Each of these materials has its own characteristics, and therefore the choice should take into account for what purpose you are buying it.
Features of covering materials
Lutrasil is a covering material of modern chemical production, which has found decent use in garden, garden and suburban areas. It has a large number of positive properties and has a wide range of modifications.
Like many other insulants of plants, lutrasil is made on the basis of using the method of interweaving threads with one another into one continuous web. In the modern chemical industry The technology for producing such threads is based on combining them by:
- Temperature exposure mode (welding).
- Physical mode (needle-punch method of connection).
- Combined method (using chemical processes).
All these methods of joining completely exclude weaving technology, which is why they call such materials non-woven. But any non-woven fabric is made using natural raw materials such as: linen, wool, cotton. At the same time, in the process of manufacturing a nonwoven material, polymeric chemical fibers will also be used, such as:
All such fabrics are combined into one general group, called Agrotextiles, and have a very wide range of applications in various fields of the national economy (construction of buildings and roads, agriculture, horticulture and vegetable growing).
The main function of Agrotextiles is protection, warming and shelter of crops, soil mulching under plantings and between them. The most common agrotextile is considered spunbond, obtained in chemical production, on the principle of hot inflation of polymers.
Factors that significantly affect the scope of this material:
- Interaction with atmospheric phenomena.
- Resistance to breaking loads.
- Greater resistance to abrasion and wrinkling.
A particularly important characteristic of this material is its high resistance to direct sunlight, which is achieved by adding special UV stabilizers to the polymer composition solution during their manufacture.
It is believed that lutrasil and spunbond differences are quite insignificant. In many countries, all agrotextiles are most often called lutrasil, since this is the German designation of material coming into our country from Germany.
Advantages and disadvantages of the canvas
The main advantages of this modern product include:
- High resistance to wear. This property causes its long service life and the ability not to change its quality parameters under the influence of adverse external conditions.
- Easy maintenance and care. With the onset of the winter period, it is not necessary to remove it, since the material is not subject to the negative effects of moisture and frost. If it is nevertheless necessary to remove it, it is enough to rinse the cloth, dry it and fold it into a dark place.
- Convenience in operation. There is no difficulty, if necessary, to spread and clean the covering product.
- Good water permeability.
- The use of lutrasil in the dacha does not lead to flowering soil.
- High light transmission, with a rate of up to 92%.
- Good air permeability prevents the greenhouse effect.
- Lutrasil is not toxic, so it is completely safe for human and plant health.
Covering cloth lutrasil is divided into types, depending on its density:
- Lutrasil 19. It has a density of 19 grams per square meter. Perfect for protecting vegetable crops, can be used in greenhouses.
- Lutrasil 19 x. The density indicator is the same as the previous one, but it has a much larger canvas size: 100 m long and 7 m wide. This type is often used to cover larger areas, even a golf course is covered with such material.
- Lutrasil 23. It is a good protection for young shoots of strawberries and potatoes, as well as various vegetable crops. Often used to protect plants in the winter.
- Lutrasil 30. Plants grown in nurseries, most often hiding with this material. The density of this canvas is high, so in the summer, such a shelter is able to protect plants from the scorching sun and heat.
- Lutrasil 50. The black color of this canvas allows the earth to quickly heat up, which greatly speeds up the time for planting late plants. This cloth was widely used for weed control.
- Lutrasil 60. The high density of this product allows you to use it to protect plants in the winter. The use of this type of blade in the nursery forest creates reliable protection of seedlings from gusty, cold wind and hail.
Of course, the use of lutrasil in the winter, allows you to create additional protection for the vegetation, but still not a panacea for the effects of severe frosts. A material with a density of up to 23 grams per square meter can effectively protect plants when the temperature drops to three degrees of frost, and the canvas with a density of 30–40 protects against seven degrees of frost.
Lutrasil black widely used for mulching landings, spacing, tracks on the backyard plots. In spring, pre-cooked beds are covered with linen and made cuts. Many vegetable crops are planted in these cuts, which later grow, while the root system remains well protected. And since the canvas does not allow excessive moisture to accumulate, does not accumulate condensate, does not contribute to the appearance of mold, the soil remains loose for a long time. It is the presence of these qualities and indicates a good indicator of soil mulching.
The chemical industry has also mastered the production of two-color material, the upper part of which is white in color, which protects the root system of plants from overheating.
In landscape design, the strip of lutrasil is laid on decorative paths, which allows for effectively getting rid of weeds for many years.
With the help of this modern product, reliable plant protection is created from a sharp drop in temperature or during early spring planting of planting material. In this case, the choice of material is carried out depending on its density. So, if you plan to make a seedling shelter, until the moment of its vitality gaining, then it will be enough to use a covering cloth with a small density.
For arrangement of greenhouses and greenhouses it is necessary to use lutrasil with a high density of material. The use of such cloth creates an optimal regime for plant growth and is a reliable protective coating for physical impact on the structure.
Plants planted in such greenhouses and greenhouses, develop better and begin to bear fruit in earlier periods.
The service life of any coating depends on the density of the material. The greater the density of the canvas, the higher its usage time. But, still relying on some useful tips from experienced gardeners, you can improve and extend the use of this film.
If you decide to purchase lutrasil for use on your site, you need to take into account some tips:
- Be sure to slightly moisten the soil before laying the canvas.
- When planting plants under the film, you first need to spread the material, and then plant the seeds, in the holes in the form of crosses, specially cut in the required places.
- In the manufacture of the bore, remember that the fabric is not torn further than the cut.
- When sheltering already planted plants, the material must be securely fixed with special brackets, sprinkled with earth or pressed with ordinary weight.
- To prevent the formation of puddles, remember that during the first watering the moisture does not immediately fall into the ground, but rolls, so you should not increase the pressure of the liquid. With subsequent watering, the process of absorption of moisture will occur faster.
Cover canvas is used not only in gardening for the construction of greenhouses and plant protection, but also in many other industries. So, in the construction industry, this material is often used in the construction of pipelines, parking lots, roads and autobahns.
In the medical industry, clothing for surgeons and disposable bedding is made from such a material.
The use of the material in the manufacture of baby diapers and hygienic products for women is great.
In furniture production the cloth for additional material is widely used. And also when packing clothes and shoes.
Description of covering material "Lutrasil"
Lutrasil is a non-woven synthetic fabric made from polymer fibers in various ways. It is intended for use in the agricultural sector.
- To protect plants from frost, sunburn, pests.
- For mulching - the preservation of moisture in the soil, reducing irrigation, protection from weeds and diseases. It helps to preserve the harvest, as the fruits do not rot, being on the canvas, and not on the ground.
- To protect garden trees, shrubs and plants in flowerbeds - it is easy to sew covers from it, which will protect them from frost, and from the treacherous spring sun, and from bugs and birds, and from rodents.
- For greenhouses and greenhouses - it can be tied onto a frame or used without supports, directly on plantings.
In the video - about the use of lutrasil for sheltering roses for the winter:
Характеристики лутрасила поставили его в один ряд с таким популярным материалом, как спанбонд, а уж по сравнению с пленкой, он эталон:
- Износостойкий – не гниет, не рвется, не боится солнца и мороза, сохраняя целостность.
- Неприхотливый – хранится в сложенном виде, не теряя своих свойств, даже в каморке, которая зимой насквозь промерзнет.
- Удобный - it is easy to cut, fits well on the ground, without creating “bubbles”, it does not need to be removed for a day, which facilitates the work.
- Permeable - passes air and moisture, it will be possible to water cultures directly over a cloth.
- Eco-friendly - does not emit toxins, is safe for humans and plants.
- Available - at the price it is comparable with analogs.
Release lutrasil in two colors.
- The black - for mulching.
- White - for protection and greenhouses.
The structure of the canvas can be cellular or fibrous, the main criterion is the density. Several types of lutrasil of various density and thickness are on sale.
The thickest and densest goes to greenhouses and mulch, it will reliably protect from wind and frost. Medium in density, indispensable for protecting plants from unpredictable return frost. The thinnest protects from a faint frost in a couple of degrees, but well passes sunlight, it is suitable for use in late spring.
Covering greenhouses only makes sense with a solid, dense canvas, it will withstand several seasons and fully justify the money spent. If you save money and buy thin material, it can break from a strong wind and become unusable before the end of the season. The link describes how to choose a nonwoven covering material for greenhouses, covering material for beds. Also read what kind of fabric is suitable for strawberries.
Advantages and disadvantages in comparison with analogues
With all the variety of covering materials, except lutrasil, most often use spunbond and the usual plastic film. Here it is worth comparing with them.
- Film. Used by generations of plant growers, in the absence of the best. Well retains heat and protects against frost, but does not let moisture and air. Under the sun's rays it loses its qualities, becomes fragile and muddy, rarely withstands several seasons. When used for mulching, it retains moisture in the soil, but is powerless against weeds. These parameters are significantly inferior to non-woven materials.
- Spunbond. Another type of polymeric nonwoven fabric, duplicating lutrasil according to its characteristics. Spunbond non-woven material has similar operational properties, but has a wide range of applications and is available in a wide range of density (from 15 to 600 g / m²). In addition, agrotextile spunbond SUF is produced with a special additive that delays harmful radiation.
For applications and UV resistance, spunbond outperforms lutrasil. If we take into account only the covering category, then the materials are almost the same and are not inferior to each other.
The popularity of lutrasil in private traders is explained by its properties: it does not require constant attention, it does not need to be dismantled before watering, it is light, cultures grow as they grow, as they grow. For lovers of berries is an opportunity to protect the crop from rot and pests. And the fact that weeds do not grow under the canvas, a gift for the back will no longer have to stand in the "petitioner" position for hours, weeding is canceled.
It is quite simple to use lutrasil, especially knowing a few nuances:
- Before rolling the soil should be moistened, but not much.
- It's easier to cover the canvas first, and then plant the seedlings. To do this, in the right places make cross-shaped slits. Sowing crops harbor immediately after making the seeds.
- It is possible to fix the material with a load, and just sprinkle it with earth, or you can bend the “ears” out of the wire and pin it to the ground. The fabric on the puncture site will not tear.
- During the first watering, moisture may roll and not immediately penetrate the soil. With subsequent irrigation, this process will go faster. Therefore, you should not immediately turn on the strong pressure and form heavy puddles.
Learn how to insulate a barn for chickens.
The cost of lutrasil depends on its density, on average, the running meter of material will cost 25-50 rubles. If you take a roll at once, it turns out to be more profitable, and given that the material is stored for years without losing quality, it makes sense to buy a lot.
In the photo - black lutrasil for mulching:
They speak positively about lutrasil, they praise it in numerous forums, and not only consultants in hypermarkets.
- “I decided to try new technologies and before planting strawberries I covered the ground with lutrasil. Planted in the cut-off crosses, watered a couple of times per season, since the ground under the canvas remained wet for a very long time. I didn’t clean anything for the winter, I looked in the spring, everything was all right, the harvest was good, the berries didn’t spoil and didn’t get dirty. ” Mikhail Vladimirovich
- “I decided to wrap up young saplings for the winter, I was afraid that severe frosts would destroy and hares would gnaw. I bought lutrasil, sewed large covers from it, pulled it up, wrapped it with twine and left. She returned in early spring, did not immediately take pictures, but just checked - the trees overwinter, the trunks were whole, the branches did not freeze. Now I will always do that. ” Nina Ivanovna
- “I have a bad back, but I cannot deny myself the pleasure of digging in the ground. I decided to simplify the task, before planting I laid the ground with lutrasil, then planted seedlings with the help of my son. During the season, we had to spend much less time on watering, although the weather was dry and weeds did not appear at all. So, I saved my back and got pleasure. ” Sergey Petrovich
Covering material Lutrasil: characteristic
Lutrasil is made from polypropylene fiber. It serves as a material for the protection of vegetable crops, fruit and berry shrubs and trees in winter and summer.
Lutrasil has the following advantages:
- Unpretentious care. Does not need additional care, it is not necessary to clean it for the winter, because the material is not afraid of moisture and frost.
- Wear resistant. It is not exposed to mechanical damage and adverse weather conditions. Retains its appearance over three seasons.
- Comfortable in using. It is easy to expand, roll or sew a large canvas from two bushes.
- Good water permeability.
- Does not cause "flowering" of the soil.
- Light transmission up to 92%.
- Breathable, under the cover there is no greenhouse effect.
- Does not emit toxins, safe for humans and cultures.
- Application for a long time. Condensate forms under the surface of lutrasil; therefore, even during drought, plants do not die and feel comfortable.
Lutrasil light, 1 square meter. material weighs up to 30 grams, but despite this, with its help they create a durable cover for crops. Lutrasil density of 40 g / m. sq. protects even from hail.
Varieties of lutrasil depending on color
There are two types of lutrasil: black and white. The first is used for mulching, while the second is used for protection against temperature extremes and for the construction of greenhouses and greenhouses. White lutrasil is more often used to cover crops in spring or autumn to protect against frost. The cloth passes sunshine, therefore in the summer the earth quickly dries. The black color absorbs sunlight, causing the plants to get enough heat, but the weeds die. Lutrasil does not fade and does not fade.
Features cover sheets
Lutrasil - covering material of a new generationwhich found the application in kitchen gardens and gardens. In addition, it has a number of useful properties and has several modifications. Lutrasil is made on the basis of threads that are intertwined with each other in a single canvas. In the chemical industry there is a wide demand for the production technology of threads based on polymeric materials, which are interconnected in several ways:
- Physical (needle-punched connection method).
- Due to a certain temperature.
- Combined chemical methods.
We should also take into account that chemical fibers can also be involved in production:
Because of the specific connection, these materials are called non-woven. But despite this, such covering materials are made on the basis of natural raw materials, such as:
Multifunctional non-woven materials, which were made on the basis of chemical fibers, are widely in demand in various fields, including the cultivation of fruits and vegetables in the garden, as well as in gardening. Experienced gardeners often call this material agrotextile.
Description and Purpose
Lutrasil is considered a non-woven fabric, which is made from polymer fibers. This material is intended for use in the agricultural sector to solve various problems:
- Planned mulching area. Lutrasil helps preserve moisture in the soil, reducing the total amount of watering, as well as protecting plants from weeds and viruses. Covering material allows you to save the entire crop, as the fruit is not subject to rotting from contact with the soil.
- Protection of crops from sudden frosts, summer sunburn and pest invasion.
- For arrangement of hotbeds, greenhouses. Lutrasil can be tied onto a special frame or used without auxiliary supports.
- For reliable protection of farmed shrubs, trees and ornamental plants in flowerbeds. Such material is often used for tailoring special covers that protect crops from frost, insidious bugs and insects, as well as birds and rodents.
It is worth considering that the numerous advantages of lutrasil made it as popular as spunbond and agrospan. Such a high demand for this material is associated with numerous positive characteristics, the main of which are:
- Convenience. The material opens well and lays down on the soil, without creating at the same time known “bubbles”. In addition, it does not need to clean up at night, which facilitates the work in the garden and in the garden.
- Wear resistance. The material is not torn, does not rot, and is not afraid of the sun and frost, thanks to which it maintains its integrity.
- Good permeability. Lutrasil passes air and moisture, due to which it is possible to water the plants over the covering sheet.
- Availability. Price lutrasila comparable to modern counterparts.
- Environmental friendliness. The material does not emit toxins, so it is completely safe for both humans and plants.
- Unpretentious care. You can store lutrasil folded, it does not lose its properties, even if it lies in a damp pantry.
The structure of the canvas also has its differences, it can be cellular or fibrous, but density remains the main criterion. On sale you can find several varieties of lutrasil, which differ in thickness and density.
Today, manufacturers produce this material in two colors:
- White To protect crops from pests and negative natural factors, as well as for arranging greenhouses.
- Black Used in mulching.
In addition, for many years, gardeners and farmers actively use the highest density lutrasil for arranging large greenhouses in order to protect the seedlings from the piercing wind and high frost. The average density is most relevant in springtime, when night frosts are possible. But the most subtle type of lutrasil can protect plants from frost down to -5 С.
Experts say that it is best to cover greenhouses and greenhouses with the most durable and dense canvas. Such material well serves several seasons in a row, due to which it quickly justifies all the spent finances.
Differences between spunbond and lutrasil
As practice shows, there is only one difference between spunbond and lutrasil - different manufacturers. The composition and principle of production of materials is completely identical, but the density, range and even color have their differences. It is worth noting that these parameters are very important when buying, they always need to pay attention.
Experts claim that the quality of spunbond and lutrasil are the same. Each of them, with the right choice, will be able to protect fragile plants from numerous negative factors and pests.
When choosing the most suitable covering material, special attention should be paid to its density. Most often, this indicator is marked by a number, which is located near the name. In order not to be mistaken with the choice, it is necessary to become more familiar with the types of lutrasil and their differences:
- Lutrasil 60. This material is appreciated among gardeners for the fact that it has high elasticity and does not let in direct sunlight. Due to the fact that carbon black is used, lutrasil has a rich black color. Spreading this material on your site, you can protect the crops grown from weed vegetation.
- Frostselekt 42. Helps protect large greenhouses and hotbeds from bad weather conditions and pest infestations.
- Frostselekt 30. This material quietly maintains seasonal frosts down to -6 С, protects plants from showers, wind and hail. Frostselekt density is 30 grams per 1 square meter.
- Thermoselect 23.
- Lutrasil 17. This material is considered to be no less popular, since it is very light and thin. So, its density is very similar to the web, which makes it simply indispensable for the shelter of garden flowers, shrubs and young trees. In addition, it tolerates seasonal frosts to -3 ˚C.
One should always remember that when choosing a covering material, three key factors should be taken into account: quality, cost, and durability.
Recommendations to summer residents and gardeners
The technique of using lutrasil is quite simple., most importantly, follow a few tips:
- It is best to initially spread the canvas, and only then to plant the seedlings. In this case, small cross-shaped incisions are made at the landing sites. But the sowing crops are sheltered immediately after all the seeds have been sown.
- Before rolling the canvas, the soil should be moistened with plain water, but not abundant.
- As a clamp, you can use a different load or ordinary ground. Experienced gardeners often use wire, which they bend into peculiar “ears” and pin to the ground. You can not worry, the canvas is very durable and will not break.
- After the first watering, the water does not immediately fall into the soil; it may collect in small puddles. The next time this process will be much faster. Therefore, it is not necessary to immediately include a large head.
The most durable, black material is used for mulching between rows, tracks and, of course, the landings themselves. In springtime, the landing site is covered with lutrasil, making small cuts in different places. Later strawberries, onions, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers will be planted in them. In addition, these holes can be used for irrigation. Lutrasil in this case is simply irreplaceable, since it prevents the accumulation of condensate, the formation of harmful dampness. The ground under such a web always remains loose, thanks to which it allows air and nutrients to pass through well.
In modern stores you can buy two-color linen. One of the sides is white, which prevents overheating of the root system. Separately, it is worth considering that if lutrasil was purchased exclusively for mulching, then it can be used for no more than three years.
Plant cover rules
With the help of canvases, the density of which reaches 17 g / m², it is possible to cover heat-loving plants from seasonal frosts. But the air temperature should not be below -3 C. More dense options are suitable for providing shadow cover.
Lutrasil with indicators 60 and 40 is more expedient to use for the arrangement of greenhouses and greenhouses. Plants that have been grown under this coating begin to bear fruit much earlier.
In order for the removed canvas to be well kept, it must be rinsed with plain water, dried and put away in a dark place. If, during operation, it is very dirty, then you can use a non-aggressive powder or ordinary laundry soap.
Preservation of ornamental bushes
Initially, it is important to note the fact that roses tolerate night frosts to -8˚С. But if the frosts began to increase, then in November it is necessary to take up the planned shelter of plants and do not forget to clear the bushes of unnecessary leaves. Use the best cloth high density. Only in this case, you can be sure that the plants will be able to overwinter.
Another, no less important point is that the larger the insulated area, the warmer the bushes will be. Experts say that it is necessary to cover a minimum of 1 m², but it is better to expand this area. Due to this, the earth will be able to give more heat, and roses will be able to withstand even in the highest frost.
If the roses are winding, then they need to be carefully tied in small bunches, and after that they bend down to the ground. Preliminary it is desirable to put something on the soil, for example, small logs or boards. This will help avoid wetting and rotting of the branches when the thaw comes. Today, there are some hybrids of roses that are simply impossible to bend, so it is better to cut them a bit (they should be no less than 50 cm from the ground). In specialized gardens and nurseries, lutrasil is laid on special supports and arcs so that the canvas does not sag under the snow and does not press on the plants.
Production technology and types
Это полотно создается на химическом производстве. Основой его служат полимерные нити, которые соединяются между собой разными путями. Среди них:
- сварка при помощи высоких температур,
- скрепление особыми иглами,
- использование химических методов.
The material is called non-woven, as it is done without the use of weaving technology. In addition to polymer fibers, it also contains natural raw materials. It can be wool, flax or cotton.
Several types of lutrasil are produced with different densities, which can range from 17 to 60 grams per 1 square meter:
- Lutrasil 19. The thinnest and weightless. Will be able to protect from frost to -2 degrees. They cover all types of crops in the open field, and inside the greenhouse,
- Lutrasil 19 x. Similar to the previous form. It is characterized by the huge size of the canvas and can be used to shelter large areas,
- Lutrasil 23. Will save landing from frost down to -3 degrees, gusts of wind and heavy rain. Used to protect plants in open ground,
- Lutrasil 30. Will serve as a barrier from cold weather to -6 degrees, hail, wind, heavy rain. Suitable for sheltering landings on the street, and to create greenhouses,
- Lutrasil 50. It is black in color and is used for soil mulching.
- Lutrasil 60. The most dense material. It will become an obstacle to frost down to -7 degrees, protect against adverse weather conditions and serve as the basis for greenhouses and greenhouses.
This material provides reliable protection for all types of garden plantings, from vegetable crops to flowers. It will protect them from such weather and natural phenomena as:
- unexpected cold snap
- too bright sun
- strong wind,
- rain and hail
- the invasion of insect pests.
The main thing is to choose the appropriate type of coating and use it correctly. More subtle types of it are used to protect landings at the beginning of the season, when the threat of returning cold weather persists. After the heat is established, such a shelter is usually removed.
For these purposes, the material is thrown directly onto the landing, fastening at the edges with the help of stones, boards or other suitable objects. Watering crops produced directly on top of the shelter. If plants need pollination, it is recommended to remove covering material for some time or just to open the garden bed.
Lutrasil with a density of more than 30 units is used for the manufacture of greenhouses and greenhouses. The thicker it is, the longer it will last and the stronger it will be. In such facilities, thanks to the coating, a comfortable atmosphere is created for the growth and development of cultures.
It is possible to create additional shelter from such material for rose bushes for the winter period. For this, folded to the ground, folded into 3 layers of lutrasil, should be covered.
Such type of a nonwoven covering perfectly proved. It has many advantages that allow it to be used for different purposes. Here are its main advantages:
- reliability. It will last for several years, as it is resistant to the sun, frost and moisture. While the film usually becomes cloudy and begins to crumble at the end of the first season,
- easy operation. After use, it is enough to shake or wash in the car and remove until the next use,
- a light weight. It does not take much effort to bring it from the store and deliver it to the cottage,
- environmental Safety. It will not cause harm to humans, plants or animals, as it does not emit toxins,
- high permeability. Excellent moisture and sunlight
- creating protection for plants. He will save them from many problems
- affordability. The cost of the material is quite democratic, so its acquisition does not cause financial damage, moreover, it will quickly pay off.
Covering lutrasil will help to get an earlier and higher yield, as it makes it possible to plant the plants earlier than usual. As for the question, what is better to use, lutrasil or spunbond, they are almost identical. You need to push off from the price and choose what is more profitable in terms of money.
For the planned shelter of the bushes of grapes gardeners often use not only lutrasil, but also ultrasil. The covering material is distinguished by its reliability and versatility. The process of preparing plants for wintering consists of several stages:
- Bending the vine to the ground. This procedure should be carried out before the start of frost, as in cold weather, the vine loses its flexibility. For fixing, you can use the usual wire hooks.
- Coverings of covering material (preferably in 2 layers) are laid over the vine.
- At a height of 40 cm from the vine, the wire is stretched, on which canvases are hung. In this case, you should get a triangular tunnel. For fixing, you can use ordinary ground or bricks.
After performing these manipulations, the shelter of the vine for the winter can be considered complete. The technology itself is quite simple, even a beginner can handle it.
Features of garden covering materials
Lutrasil is a modern covering material that used in the garden and garden. It has a number of properties and has several modifications.
It, as well as other covering material, is made on the basis of threads interlaced with each other in a canvas. In the chemical industry is widely used technology for the production of yarns based on polymeric materials, which are connected to each other by:
- temperature conditions
- physical (needle-punched connection methods),
- chemical combined methods.
Such materials are called non-woven because of their connection methods, which exist quite a lot, and they all exclude weaving. All nonwovens are made here. based on natural raw materialssuch as:
In addition, chemical fibers can be used for their production, such as:
Nonwovens based on chemical fibers widely used in various fields, including gardening and the cultivation of fruits and vegetables in the garden, they are also called agrotextile.
Agrotextiles as a covering material
The key function of agrotextiles is the shelter and protection of crops, soil mulching under them and between plantings. The most common agrotextile is spunbond, such material is obtained by hot blowing polymers. Its use in one area or another depends on factors such as:
- its density
- breaking load resistance
- impact with atmospheric phenomena
- resistance to crushing and abrasion.
A very important characteristic of this material, thanks to which it is widely used as a covering in the garden is its resistance to sunlight. This is possible due to the addition of special UV stabilizers to the polymer solution.
Some believe that lutrasil and spunbond are one name for agrofiber material, but there is still a slight difference between them, to which we will return.
In our country, all agrotextiles are often called lutrasil, since this is the German name for this material, and it is most often brought to us from Germany.
Advantages and disadvantages of lutrasil
As already mentioned, lutrasil and spunbond are slightly different covering materials from each other, which are used approximately equally. Also many people use ordinary polyethylene film. Let's compare these materials:
- polyethylene film has been used for decades. It is able to keep warm well and protects plants from frost. But at the same time it does not allow air and moisture inside. Under the influence of sunlight the film loses its protective properties, it breaks and grows cloudy. Rarely can it be used for several seasons in a row. It is able to retain moisture in the soil during mulching, but it cannot cope with weeds. Therefore, in comparison with non-woven materials, the film remains the loser,
- Spunbond, like lutrasil, is a polymeric nonwoven fabric, and in many respects it has the same characteristics. However, the spunbond is similar to lutrasil, but it can be used in a wider range of spheres and have different densities. Also, some of its modifications are equipped with a special additive that delays harmful solar radiation,
- in terms of breadth of application and resistance to sunlight, spunbond is definitely better than lutrasil. And if you use them as a covering material only, then they have the same characteristics. Lutrasil is popular primarily because it does not require constant supervision, it does not need to be disassembled before irrigating the soil, and it is easy to lift it as crops grow. Also, the crop is protected from pests, rot and weeds, you do not have to bend your back for hours to weed the soil.
Application for soil mulching
Black lutrasil is often used in mulching landings, tracks and row spacing. The bed, which is prepared for planting in spring, should be covered with a black shade lutrasil and made cuts. The following cultures are planted in them:
Water the plants, too, through these cuts. Lutrasil does not collect condensate, does not allow excessive moisture to form, does not contribute to the appearance of mold, and the earth ultimately remains loose. Also on sale you can find two-color material for mulching the soil, the upper part of which has a white tint, so that the root system will not get very hot. Also strip lutrasila put under the base surface when laying decorative tracks on the site. On average, the lifespan of such a covering material for mulching is about three years.
The price of this material depends on its density. As a rule, the cost per meter ranges from 5 rubles. You can immediately buy a roll, it will turn out profitable, in addition, you can store coverage for many years.
As you can see, lutrasil and other coverings for vegetable gardens help to cope with many agricultural problems, in particular, weeds and the negative influence of atmospheric phenomena on plantings.