The use of ammonia for plants is based on a high content of nitrogen in it (82%) and the complete absence of ballast substances. In the plant environment, nitrogen can be present in ammonia NH3, amide NH2 +, ammonium NH4 +, nitrite NO2- and nitrate NO3- chemical forms. In the natural biocycle, the basis of nitrogen nutrition of plants is nitrates, on the left in fig. More clearly important in this case part of the nitrogen cycle is given on the right.
The cycle (cycle) of nitrogen in the biosphere
Note: ammonia - aqueous ammonia solution, or aqueous ammonia. It is often called ammonia or ammonia. To avoid confusion, remember that the chemical ammonia is ammonium nitrate NH4Cl. The use of ammonium nitrate in a large agricultural technology is very limited, and in private farms it is not used.
Nitrogen for plants is about the same as for us bread. Plants greedily, in excess, absorb nitrates and, partly, so to speak, without much appetite - ammonia. This is the first Important for not very experienced growers, the moment: feeding with ammonia will not cause the accumulation of nitrogen compounds in plants, because ammonia depot they are not. Simply - ammonia plants can not overfeed.
The second important point is already of general importance - ammonia is an obligatory intermediate product of the natural nitrogen cycle, and partially passes into the ammonium form simply in air in the presence of moisture vapor, without the participation of destructive microorganisms. therefore the use of ammonia in the garden may be more effective than limited organic fertilizersbecause For the formation of nitrates from them, an active soil biocenosis is necessary.
On a small intensively used and not well-kept plot, for example. in the country, the community of soil microorganisms, as a rule, weakened. Soil reclamation can be done in different ways, for example. humus, but it will take several years and may require some costs. Fertilizing with liquid ammonia will allow, generally without risking, due to the intensification of the culture by chemistry, to get an outbreak of pests, to survive the recovery period, receiving sufficient yields during it.
Note: aqueous ammonia and ammonium in the form of ions (pure, “metallic” ammonium does not exist) —a alkali of moderate strength. Therefore, feeding with ammonia together with the application of organic fertilizers allows you to avoid acidification of the soil, and its liming is carried out only when an acidic reaction appears.
Not only fertilizer
Ammonia is known to be a volatile, caustic, unbearably smelly and toxic substance. As a result, fertilizing with liquid ammonia is at the same time a measure of pest control. Treatment with liquid ammonia is also possible as a separate specific procedure against some harmful species, see below, but first it is worth mentioning the use of liquid ammonia in the garden from the damage of fruits by ants and wasps.
To preserve the harvest of fruit crops, the smell of ammonia is used, his ants and wasps do not tolerate concentrations that are completely insensitive to us. For fixing ammonia on the treated surfaces, the fatty acids that make up the soap are used. In order to generally useful, but in this case, undesirable gourmands do not nibble the crop, the fruit is sprayed with a solution next. composition:
- Grate rub 100-200 g of soap without flavors, household or children's. The best will be 72% laundry soap.
- Soap chips are dissolved in a liter of hot distilled water.
- The soap solution is poured with a thin stream while stirring into a bucket of tap water, until the fallout of gray flakes stops and rainbow bubbles appear.
- The rest of the soap solution is poured into the water without precautions.
- A pharmacy vial (50 ml) of a 25% solution of liquid ammonia is poured into a bucket of soap solution. At a different concentration, the dose is equivalent. correct.
- The ready working solution is used immediately.
The advantage of ammonia as a biocide against eating is that it does not penetrate into the plant tissue at all. However, the fruits processed in this way should be washed before use, buyers should be warned about this. However, no sane person will not eat unwashed purchased fruit.
Ammonia is a strong poison for humans. It enters the body through the respiratory tract, through the mucous membranes and directly through the skin. Ammonia poisoning due to exceeding the traffic rules begins suddenly and requires serious treatment. That is, when working with liquid ammonia, you need to use a complete set of PPE: latex gloves, a plastic apron, a respirator, glasses, a plastic cap on the head. If signs of poisoning appear (nausea, vomiting, burning), you should drink warm milk and immediately call a doctor.
Ammonia fumes also damage decorative coatings; they can cause cracking and chipping of wire insulation. Therefore, the use of ammonia for indoor plants should be made on an open balcony or veranda. During work, you need to stand with the windward from the table (rack) with the treated plants.
Note: It is possible to apply ammonia in the greenhouse only in the warm season, opening the frames or lifting the canopy for ventilation.
Ammonia as fertilizer
Ammonia as a fertilizer is applied by spraying or watering a working solution. Corresponding to also dosages differ:
- 1 tbsp. l 25% solution per 1 liter of water - the maximum dose for emergency irrigation when signs of nitrogen starvation appear,
- 3 tbsp. l the same solution to 10 liters of water - for watering under the roots of fruit and vegetable,
- 25 ml per 10 l of water - for watering flower crops and bulbous vegetables,
- 50 ml per 10 l of water - for spraying garden crops,
- 1 tsp on 1 l of water - for seedling and extra root top dressing of flowers.
How to spray and water
Due to the volatility of ammonia, spraying of plants with ammonia is better to be carried out from a watering can, giving trickles with visible splashes (on the left in the figure) according to the general rules: at sunset after watering or, in cloudy weather, in the morning immediately after dawn. For processing fruits or large areas, the sprayer must be switched from fog to spray. If you use a “cool” watering can that gives a drizzle (on the right of the figure), then most of the active substance will be lost already in the air.
Proper and improper spraying of plants with liquid ammonia
Watering seedlings and indoor plants should be made of a watering can without a sprinkler, see next. rice below. Watered with a weak stream from a low height exactly under the roots, preventing the solution from getting on the green parts of the plants. For the prevention of chemical burns, it is useful to spray the plants with a misty stream of clear water after irrigation with liquid ammonia.
Who will be in store
In their ability to assimilate ammoniacal nitrogen, plants differ significantly, regardless of their overall need for it. Ammonia well "eats" any seedlings, and from adult plants - onions, garlic, cucumbers, tomatoes, vegetable (sweet) pepper. Top dressing with liquid ammonia is effective for any bulbous, dahlias, clematis, nasturtiums, peonies, roses, garden violets (pansies), zinnia. Strawberries stand apart, liquid ammonia is needed more as a means of protection against ants and slugs; ammonia nitrogen absorbs the strawberries weakly.
Tara for seedlings washed with a solution of ammonia from ants and wasps for the prevention of diseases and fungi. It is poured over with ammonia solution No. 5 (see above) once, 2 weeks after picking or unfolding the 4th true leaf.
Watering plants with ammonia
Onion and garlic
Feeding onion and garlic with liquid ammonia is made first with solution No. 2 once at planting, 0.5 l per well. A week after the plants start the arrows, begin weekly spraying with solution number 4. Suddenly, there will be signs of overeating (dark green glossy foliage), spraying stops. If the onions are not on the feather, but on the head, after 2-3 sprays, stop them and start weekly watering with solution number 3.
Cucumbers and Solanaceae
Solution No. 2 is watered 3-4 days after disembarkation. At the beginning of budding and flowering pokrmlivat on leaves with solution number 4.
Ammonia for flowers is used in the form of solutions Nos. 1, 3 and 5. The first flowers watered after blooming leaves (perennials) or planting 0.5 liters per well (annuals). Then, before beginning budding, once every 2 weeks, spray it with solution No. 5. If the budding is weak, water once or, a week later, another, with solution No. 3. When the signs of nitrogen starvation appear during flowering, pour solution # 1 into the ground that is well spilled beforehand with clean water.
Ammonia for strawberries is used once, after the blooming of the leaves, in the form of solution No. 2, and then, with a frequency of 2 weeks, solution No. 3. One and another watering the aisles in the evening.
In conclusion, we give the well-known recipes for the use of ammonia from insect pests:
- Weevil - 50 ml of 25% solution in a bucket of water. Watering under the root weekly until the pest disappears.
- Drosophila (fruit fly, often starts on room flowers) - a single watering solution number 5.
- Medvedka - preventive watering of cabbage seedlings with a solution of 10 ml of ammonia in a bucket of water. Watered at 0.5 liters per well during the landing.
- Onion and carrot fly - 5 ml of 25% ammonia solution on a bucket of water. Single watering in the aisle.
- Wireworm on Solanaceae - 10 ml of 25% ammonia solution on a bucket of water. Watering 0.5 liters per bush upon planting.
- The hidden barrel on the bow - a pharmacy vial (25 ml) on a bucket. The first watering is how the plants start arrows, after 2 weeks one more.
- Aphid - once sprayed with a solution of wasps and ants with soap. If necessary, repeat after 2 weeks.
Ammonia alcohol as a fertilizer: substance characteristics
Plain sal ammoniac is an extraordinary remedy for the care of a personal plot. Inside the pharmacy bottle is a concentrated tincture of ammonia. An important feature of this nitrogenous chemical compound is that plants absorb it directly and do not need additional help from bacteria. Fertilizing with ammonia based products is carried out for rapid replenishment and prevention of nitrogen deficiency.
If the plant lacks the specified trace element, the function of photosynthesis suffers. This is manifested in the following symptoms:
- lack of flowering, premature wilting and shedding of buds,
- leaf underdevelopment,
- yellowing or pallor on the lower leaf plates,
- thin brittle stem,
- slowing down or stopping growth
- reduced resistance to frost (only for trees).
As a result of the deficiency of nitrogen fertilization, yield and decorative effect are seriously affected. At manifestation of symptomatology it is desirable to take measures at once. Top dressing with liquid ammonia gives a positive result as early as 4-5 days after treatment. This is true for garden trees, and for garden plants, and for flowers.
Attention! Another useful quality ammonia tincture is the effect on some insects. The odor is not tolerated by the bear, the covert, the ants, the onion and carrot flies, the wireworm, the aphids and the midge-pests of houseplants.
Features of dosage when feeding with liquid ammonia
The product is sold in the pharmacy chain with a standard spill rate of 40 ml. This is a tincture with a concentration of 10%. You can find commercially available concentrated 25% ammonia solution. In the bottle you will find a clear liquid with a characteristic strong odor.
For all garden crops and flowers based on ammonia, gardeners try to use a universal dressing. To do this, dissolve 50 ml of tincture in 4 liters of water. Dilute the mixture according to the situation:
- minimum concentration - 1 tbsp. l 10 liters of water
- the average concentration of feeding - 3 tbsp. l on 10 l (it is applied most often),
- maximum concentration - 1 tsp on 1 l.
The dosage varies depending on the crop being fertilized. As a top dressing, the plants are watered at the root. Between the introduction make a break of at least one, and better in two weeks. Be careful and cautious when applying fertilizer with ammonia. If the green has begun to grow too violently, there are very few flowers or not at all, and the plants become weak to fungal diseases, it means that there is a lot of nitrogen in the soil and the fruits of your crop will be full of nitrates.
How to use ammonia solution for pest control
The dosage and principle of application of ammonia solution against insects is somewhat different from the usual feeding with ammonia:
- A mixture of 10 ml per bucket of water helps against the bear. Before planting the cabbage, pour 0.5 liters of working fluid into each well.
- Against the aphid should dissolve 50 ml of ammonia in 10 liters of water. Add liquid or rubbed soap to the product. After thorough mixing, spray the plants.
- Against the covert (pest of onions and garlic) the recipe is: 25 ml per bucket of water. Solution water the beds. The procedure is carried out three times with an interval of 10 days.
- Against onion and carrot flies, the concentration of the agent should be even lower: 5 ml per 10 l of water.
- Against a wireworm tomato pest, dilute 10 ml into a bucket of water. During planting seedlings, pour 0.5 liters into each well.
Attention! These measures will first of all help you as a preventive measure. To combat the insects that have already appeared, it is appropriate to apply additional methods.
Fertilizing with ammonia: technology features
Different garden and garden crops need nitrogen and susceptibility to top dressing differ:
- Tomatoes fertilize immediately after transplantation into the soil to a permanent place. Dilute 2 tbsp. l on 10 l of water for root top dressing. You need to water 1 l for each bush. Moisten the beds with plain water before feeding. Ammonia solution helps seedlings settle down - the greens will begin to grow before your eyes. Re-process after 7 days.
- A solution for cucumbers: 3 tbsp. l on 10 l. In normal mode, root dressing is necessary for the culture every 1-1.5 weeks. During the formation of ovaries - every 4 days. Moreover, the solution should be very concentrated (1 tsp. 1.5 l).
- For garlic and onions, the solution is prepared from 2 tbsp. l ammonia 10 l. Processing must be carried out only in wet ground.
- Feed cabbage as such is not carried out. Pre-plant pest control measures are sufficient to replenish nitrogen reserves. In addition to root dressing, you can repeat the treatment in the form of spraying the same solution with a small portion of soap.
- Strawberries are fertilized before flowering or already in the deep autumn. Pre-loosen and pour the soil. Dosage: 40 ml per 10 liters, 0.5 liters at the root of each plant. Drops on greens are allowed. Repeat after 7-10 days.
Ammonia alcohol is a convenient and affordable way to saturate a personal plot with nitrogen. Only apply it should be careful not to get poison instead of good.
Properties of ammonia
Ammonia or ammonia is a colorless nitrogenous 10% mixture of ammonia gas hydrate and water. The use of ammonia is known in medicine, thanks to its acrid, pungent odor, which is used for inhalation during pre-fainting and fainting states.
It is contraindicated to use ammonia for various purposes to people suffering from epilepsy.
The properties of the substance are used for domestic purposes and in breeding cockroaches. The use of ammonia in the country and the garden requires caution. Ammonia gas is much lighter than air and can escape when a bottle is opened in a concentrated form, especially from a container that is warm. Therefore, you should not bring an open bottle of ammonia to the face, its vapors can be dangerous. Use the solution only in a diluted form, applied to a cloth or cotton wool.
With the use of ammonia in gardening, it is possible to prevent acidification of the soil, to improve its quality. Nitrogenous compound, which enters the soil with ammonia, in natural conditions is obtained only from the processing of humus or manure for several years.
Work with the solution should be in the open air. Contact with skin in concentrated form may cause burns. It is recommended to use gloves and respirators to prepare the solution.
The use of ammonia in gardening
10% ammonia solution is a concentrated product containing nitrogen in a form that is easily available to plants. Nitrogen is necessary for plants to develop, they are obtained from the soil, including the application of mineral fertilizers, which are absorbed longer compared to the beneficial properties of ammonia.
Nitrogen top dressing is necessary for all cultures. But most of all nitrogen is needed in crops such as:
Lack of nitrogen is expressed in:
When feeding plants with ammonia, the effect of the application comes immediately. Доступная форма азота быстро воспринимается растением. Следует учитывать высокую концентрацию вещества и потребность огородных и цветочных культур в удобрении. Переизбыток микроэлементов при выращивании растений также вреден, как недостаток. Поэтому обработку почвы аммиаком проводят в ограниченных количествах и только в случае необходимости для растений.
Signs of nitrogen overload:
- plants grow a lot of green mass, the stems thicken, there is a slowdown in the transition to the flowering phase and the formation of fruits,
- vegetative mass of plants differs in dark green or emerald color,
- decreases the resistance of plants to diseases and pests,
- the quality of fruits in which nitrates accumulate deteriorates.
For the balance of trace elements, after applying ammonia as a fertilizer, potassium and phosphorus are introduced into the soil.
The solution evaporates quickly and is washed out of the soil, so its use is possible up to 4-5 times before the improvement of the plant's condition, with a break of one week.
Seed treatment with ammonia is carried out for seed with a dense shell. Preliminary destruction of the seed coat of cucumbers, zucchini and pumpkins, contributes to their more rapid germination.
For the presowing treatment of seeds with ammonia, they are laid out in a container and dripped onto each seed with a solution from a pipette.
Apply ammonia in gardening is possible for seedlings of flowers and vegetables. When the young seedlings dry or yellow foliage, the stems look thin and fragile, or the seedlings stop growing, nitrogen fertilization is required. Watering and spraying spend 1 time per week, to improve the condition of the seedlings. Within a few days after spraying, the seedlings noticeably gain strength and become healthy, green. Fertilizing of seedlings is carried out under the root, for which it is necessary to pour ammonia from a watering can without a sprayer.
Fertilizing seedlings with ammonia can be during its growth at home and during the period of transfer to open ground. In the greenhouse, watering is carried out several days after transplantation, when the seedlings take root.
Top-dressings of tomato seedlings with liquid ammonia are produced 2 weeks after the pick. A mixture of water and 10% ammonia is prepared in a ratio of 15 ml per 5 l of water. Pour solution on wet soil. Depending on the size of the planting tank, the amount of the prepared solution is taken, focusing on the amount that is used for ordinary watering. Do not pour seedlings with liquid water and apply it only a few times during the growing season.
The use of ammonia for plants will help prepare the ground for transplanting seedlings. The day before the tomatoes are planted in open ground, 250 g of solution is poured into the prepared wells, which is prepared at the rate of: 40 ml of ammonia per 10 liters of water. This method will also help to neutralize the site from insect pests living in the soil.
With enough nitrogen, cucumbers grow even and in large quantities. Fertilizing ammonia of cucumbers is carried out both at the seedling stage and in the greenhouse. Seedlings begin to water with ammonia as needed after the appearance of 4-5 true leaves. In the greenhouse, the solution is watered no more than 1 time per week according to the diameter of the barrel circle. The solution is prepared, as for other vegetable crops at the rate of 1 tbsp. l to 5 liters of water. About 300 ml of solution are poured under each bush, depending on how the plant reacts.
Nitrogen supplements are responsive onion Exhibition, which is grown through seedlings.
Use of ammonia for seedlings of pepper in open ground:
- the diameter of the landing of the pepper make the earthen roller,
- the soil is pre-watered with plain water,
- choose cloudy day for processing
- prepare a solution at the rate of 3 tbsp. l ammonia in a bucket of water
- 250-300 ml of the prepared solution is poured under each bush.
For indoor flowers
Effective use of ammonia from midges in flowers. For spraying of plants plant ½ tbsp. l 10% ammonia in 1 liter of water. To keep the solution on the leaves longer, add soap or a few drops of hair shampoo to the mixture of ammonia and water. Spray flowers and window sills from a spray bottle once a week, after 2-3 applications, the midges disappear.
The use of ammonia for potted flowers should be carried out in the period before the appearance of buds, and geranium can be processed regularly.
Flowers at home grow in the same soil, which is depleted as the plants grow. Potted flowers with a lack of nitrogen begin to wither, respond to weak, small flowering and yellow leaves. Harmless and safe dosage of ammonia for home flowers can be used at the rate of 1 tbsp. l to 3 liters of water.
The prepared solution is not stored. For processing each time using a freshly prepared mixture. The solution, apart from fertilizer, disinfects the soil, but in order not to burn the roots of the plants, the soil is watered with water before use.
Use ammonium composition for pot plants no more than 1 time per month.
The use of ammonia in the garden is particularly suitable for bulb flowers. Responsive to nitrogen fertilizing with ammonia lilies, peonies, clematis.
Benefit of ammonia
The use of ammonia for plants is determined by the high nitrogen content (about 82%), which is vital for plant development, and they absorb most of the substance from the soil, and not from the air.
The preparation for plants is useful in the following cases:
- Pest control.
- Prevention of soil acidification. This substance belongs to alkalis, which have an average strength. The need for frequent liming of the soil disappears. This manipulation is carried out while confirming the appearance of an acid reaction. Nitrogen compounds after feeding in plant parts do not accumulate.
- Plant nutrition. Ammonia for plants is used as a fertilizer.
- Soil reclamation. The beneficial effect of microorganisms on depleted areas is weakened. Their activity can be intensified with organic fertilizers. They decompose over several years. This will require a lot of labor and financial investments. When treated with ammonia, the soil is restored faster, and the use of ammonia does not affect the quality and quantity of the crop.
The advantage of the substance is that it does not penetrate into the tissues of plants, accumulating in them. The following abnormalities in the development of plants serve as a signal to start using ammonia:
- Negative reaction to frosts.
- Falling ovaries, lack of flowering and slow growth.
- The appearance on the lower row of leaves of a yellow shade.
- Thin stems with small leaves.
What can be fertilized
Each plant has a life cycle, which includes the following steps: the buildup of green mass, flowering and the formation of fruits. Nitrogen fertilizers help make development more efficient. All plants have different nitrogen requirements. Fertilizing with ammonia is necessary for such plants:
- Blackberries, strawberries, plums, cherries, raspberries.
- Clematis, dahlias and peonies.
- Bulbous perennial flowers.
- Potatoes and peppers.
- Courgettes and pumpkin.
Ammonia is useful to feed any seedlings during growth at home, as well as when transplanting to a permanent place.
Weak solutions are suitable for various plants, as a fertilizer for them, as well as for prevention of pest control. The average number is necessary for such cultures:
- Apple trees.
- Bushes currants and gooseberries.
- Annuals flowers.
Top dressing is carried out by spraying or watering. It is very important to calculate the dosage of ammonia. The use of the necessary amount of substance for plants will help to avoid an extra set of greens, the absence of inflorescences, accumulation of nitrates in tubers, and also prevent the development of fungal diseases.
Due to the high volatility of the substance, it is recommended to conduct fertilizing with technical salve in bad weather. It is better to use a watering can, which forms a noticeable spray. When spraying, small sprays lose the main part of the active ingredient in the air. But indoor plants and seedlings are recommended to produce a weak stream, which will be directed at the root of the culture.
Effectively apply a toxic substance for spraying from pests at the cottage:
- Ants and aphids. An effective remedy for prevention is a mixture of 1 bucket of water, 25 ml of liquid soap and 50 ml of ammonia. You can spray crops in greenhouses with a solution of 15 ml of alcohol diluted in a bucket of water every week.
- Wireworm. The larva of the beetle can be neutralized by a homogeneous mixture of 10 liters of water and 10 ml of 25% ammonia. The procedure is carried out when planting potatoes.
- Medvedka. There is no reliable way to destroy this pest. All manipulations should be repeated every year. This parasite does not tolerate sharp odors. As a preventive measure, experts advise to dilute 10 liters of sal ammoniac in a bucket of water. In the well for planting culture is to pour 0.5 liters of solution.
- Carrot and onion fly. Single-row watering with a composition of 10 l of water and 5 ml of 25% ammonia is used.
After prophylactic treatment, such pests as the onion covert, Drosophila, weevil are killed.
For feeding experts recommend the use of such compounds:
- It is recommended that foliar dressing of flowers and seedling treatment with a solution of 1 tsp. ammonia in 1 liter of water.
- Spray the majority of garden crops need a solution of 50 ml in 10 liters of water.
- Watering vegetables at the root is made of a composition of 3 tbsp. l 25% funds for 10 liters of water.
- Bulbous and flower plants are recommended to be watered by dissolving 25 ml of alcohol in 10 liters of water.
- For emergency irrigation is 1 liter of liquid to dissolve 1 tbsp. l 25% alcohol. This rule is considered acceptable and is not contraindicated for the plant.
In suburban areas, the soil is often depleted. The effect of ammonia is noticeable instantly. It is useful to conduct dressing for such vegetables and berry bushes:
- Tomatoes Good harvest is provided by a variety of strong fruits that ripen on strong bushes. Powerful shrub can be grown using fertilizing low-concentrated solution. Top dressing is carried out once a decade under a bush.
- Cucumbers. It is necessary to feed this culture with a low-concentrated composition (3 tablespoons of substance per bucket of water) several times until fruits appear. Watering is carried out at the root, and spraying - once a week on cucumber lash (if necessary).
- Garlic and onions. Signal lack of nitrogen are yellow feathers. A solution of 60 ml of the substance in 10 liters of water will help restore growth. Top dressing is made in 6 days. If the bulbs are large, then experts recommend starting in July by watering with a weak solution of ammonia.
Application in gardening
In order to increase the growth of berries, trees and shrubs recommended to apply solutions of various concentrations. This is determined by the appearance of the plant. The optimal time for feeding garden crops is the period of appearance of buds and flowers, as well as the formation of the ovary.
The benefits to the garden are due to the heightened sensitivity of ants, caterpillars and wasps that do not tolerate the smell of ammonia. In order to fix the solution on the treated branches of trees, apply fatty acids, which are part of the soap. For processing dissolve 2 tbsp. l ammonia and 30 ml of liquid soap in a bucket of water. The garden should be sprayed in dry, windless weather.
Contraindications to use
In nature, this substance cannot be used in case of loss of consciousness in case of difficulty or absence of reflex conduction from the nose receptors to the brain. In such a situation, the tool is useless.
Ammonia water is contraindicated in the presence of dermatitis and weeping eczema, as the drug can cause severe irritation of the skin and cause burns.
You need to know what happens to the body when ammonia vapor is poisoned. If the concentration of this substance in the air is high, it can be dangerous for humans and domestic animals.. The main signs of poisoning are:
- Spasm of the larynx.
- Heaviness in the chest.
- Edema of the respiratory system.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Excited state.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Runny nose
Direct contact with this product can cause eye burns. If the drug gets inside the body, symptoms such as lowering blood pressure, diarrhea with blood, pain in the stomach, intestines and esophagus can be observed. These symptoms are very dangerous for life, so the right help should be prompt.
Before the ambulance crew arrives, you must do the following:
- Open the window if the victim is in the room to ensure maximum fresh air.
- Perform a gastric lavage.
- The victim should drink a spoonful of vegetable oil, a glass of milk and a few egg whites.
- Do a cleansing enema, if possible.
In case of liquid ammonia on the skin, rinse the affected areas thoroughly with running water for 15 minutes. It is contraindicated to apply any ointments or creams for 24 hours.
If the product gets into the eyes, then they should be washed, and then apply Novocain with adrenaline, Sulfacyl-sodium, liquid petrolatum or olive oil.
When a spasm of the larynx is worth using Atropine, inhalation or local heat. If necessary, give artificial respiration.
Ammonia should be stored in normal room conditions, but out of the reach of children. Its shelf life is 24 months..
How to grow more crops?
It is pleasant to any gardener and summer resident to receive a big crop with large fruits. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to get the desired result.
Often plants lack nutrition and minerals.
In such cases, our readers recommend using BioGrow's innovative bio-fertilizer..
It has the following properties:
- Allows increase yield by 50% in just a few weeks of use.
- Can get good harvest even on low fertile soils and in adverse climatic conditions
- Absolutely safe
The seedling loves to “eat” such nitrogen.
Weekly root top dressing with liquid ammonia solution (1 hour per liter of water):
- strengthen young shoots
- stimulate growth
- facilitate the stage of transplantation in open ground.
In addition, germs form protective properties against diseases and pests. This solution can be treated containers before planting, to neutralize them from microorganisms.
Cucumbers will enjoy a rich harvest, if you regularly indulge them with nitrogen fertilizers. Starting to make them need to start growing shoots. Gradually, the frequency should increase from 1 time per week to 1 time in 3-4 days. Especially they are justified during the formation of the ovary.
Over time, the concentration of ammonia should be growing from 0.5 tsp to 1 tsp per 1.5 l of water.
It will be enough to have several dressings with 0.5 tbsp. l per 1 liter of water with an interval of seven days. They should be discarded if the condition of the plant has improved markedly. You can return to them again in the fall, when the first colds prevent the fruits from ripening. Spraying (10 ml of ammonia per 10 liters of water) accelerates ripening.
Strawberries do not absorb ammonia nitrogen. Treatments spend more to protect against pests and diseases. 2-3 times a summer is enough.
As soon as the first leaves appeared, the solution from 40 ml of ammonia and 10 l of water Abundantly shed every bush. This will destroy the pests, wintered in the soil.
Using the same ratio of components, post-harvest processing. This measure will prepare the plant for wintering.
You can pour fertilizer immediately after flowering, applying a solution with a lower concentration of ammonia (dilute 30 ml per 10 liters of liquid).
For onions and garlic
Onions and garlic respond well to foliar fertilizing with ammonia. For this solution of 10 liters of water and 3 tbsp. l of ammonia abundantly sprayed leaves. It is necessary to continue the procedures until the complete disappearance of signs of chlorosis - yellow, twisted feathers. This procedure will prevent the appearance of onion flies.
Cabbage has a high demand for nitrogen. Ammonia nitrogen it assimilates better than organic. The first application of fertilizer can be combined with planting. In each well contribute half a liter of 1% solution. For this 10 ml of ammonia is mixed with 10 l of water.
Such a procedure at the same time scare away earth pests. Next, you should do regular feeding with an interval of 10-14 days.
When a head is formed, you can water it from a watering can or spray it with a solution of 100 ml of ammonia per 10 liters of water. This will help if there is a struggle with slugs and caterpillars.
For garden flowers
Ammonia fertilizer colors are more useful for bulbous, as well as for such as clematis, tsinii, roses and peonies.
It is recommended to carry them out several times over the summer, alternating between root and foliar feeding:
- solution for spraying on the sheet - 1 tsp per 1 l of water
- watering solution - 25 ml per 10 l.
Are required to feed in the period of the appearance of the first leaves and budding. Perennials can be fertilized after the end of flowering in preparation for winter.
For indoor plants
For indoor plants need to do weak solution (1 tbsp. L to 3 water). They can be watered or sprayed on the sheet. If it is decorative and deciduous crops, then top dressing is useful throughout the active growth until autumn.
Flowering indoor plants удобряют до момента образования бутонов, далее от них следует отказаться.
Исключением является герань, у которой листья желтеют при минимальной нехватке азота. Ее подкармливают регулярно. Так же поступают, если выращивают домашний лимон. With a lack of nitrogen in the soil on it does not form the ovary.
When using ammonia as a fertilizer on any plant, follow these rules:
- do not use ammonia in parallel with other nitrogen fertilizers,
- start with low concentrated solutions,
- do not use more often than once a week.
Ammonia from pests
Ammonia is a “two in one” product. It simultaneously plays the role of a fertilizer and is an effective biocide, i.e. it prevents the attack of pests. A rare drug boasts such a property.
The list is long:
Such sprays are detrimental to aphids, midges, onion flies. For other pests such treatment will be insufficient. The reason for this is that the smell of ammonia disappears quickly. It is necessary to fix it on the treated surfaces.
To do this, use the fatty acids that make up the soap:
- Previously traditionally used a solution of household soap. Now apply household detergents for dishes.
- Although laundry soap has undeniable benefits. - it is more natural and does not contain aggressive chemicals. When processing on fruits, which then go into food, it is of great importance.
- On a fine grater, rub 100-200 g of household soap and dissolve it in 1 liter of hot water. The resulting solution is poured into a bucket of water (10 l) and 100 ml of ammonia are added. This mixture is not stored and used immediately.
- Processing such a composition has the advantage over chemical insecticides., because it does not penetrate into the plant tissue. It is used in the period of formation of the ovary and the formation of fruits.
To do this, water (1 l) must be mixed with 100 ml of ammonia. This compound will reduce itching after bites.
In our medicine cabinet there is always liquid ammonia in case you need to bring someone to their senses. Not everyone knows that in this way it affects plants in the garden and at home. Fertilizers with ammonia not only nourish vegetable and flower crops, but also stimulate their growth, stimulate flowering and fruiting.
Characteristics of the drug
Ammonia is ammonium hydroxide dissolved in water with an ammonia concentration of 10%. An aqueous solution of ammonia is a colorless liquid with an unpleasant and sharp odor.
Available in every first aid kit for first aid:
- with fainting - vaporization of ammonia (a few drops on a cotton swab) stimulate breathing and heart activity,
- in case of alcohol poisoning - a weak solution (10–15 drops per cup of water) causes vomiting,
- As an antiseptic - 0.5% solution is used for washing hands and treating wounds.
At home, with some ammonia water solution, some growers recommend feeding indoor flowers, eliminating nitrogen deficiency, and destroying insect pests.
Often, ammonia is mistaken for ammonia. These two different substances are designated by different chemical formulas: ammonia, or aqueous ammonia, - NH₄OH, ammonium chloride, or ammonium chloride, - NHCl.
Prerequisites for use
In the flower substrate, the supply of nutrients after transplanting plants lasts for 2 months. Ornamental and flowering plants, if they do not enter a period of rest, require regular fertilizing during growth and flowering.
Nitrogen, which is especially necessary for the leaves, is an important element of the root nutrition of indoor plants. With its deficiency, growth slows down and leaves color changes, low resistance to diseases and pests is manifested.
Signs of nitrogen starvation:
- old leaves lose their rich green color,
- orange and red dots first appear on the young, then the leaves die off,
- stops budding in flowering plants,
- tillering weakens.
Most green pets suffer from a lack of nitrogen in early spring, when they begin to actively grow and prepare for flowering. Winter-flowering plants need to start feeding with nitrogen before flowering - in November-December.
Ammonia is used not only for fertilizing, but also for the destruction of pests. For example, small blackflies, which appear in pots with indoor flowers as a result of waterlogging and a large number of unchanged organic residues in the soil.
For the prevention of fungal diseases, containers for flowers are washed in a solution of ammonia.
Preparation and application of the solution
Dissolved in hot water with liquid ammonia disinfect the containers for flowers, prepare insecticidal solutions and nitrogen supplements.
Watering and fertilizing do at the same time to avoid overdosing of fertilizer.
Disinfecting solution for processing flower pots:
- grate 100 g of soap,
- dissolve soap chips in 5 liters of hot water,
- Add 60 ml of ammonia (10%).
Wash the pots with hot solution, rinse in running water and dry.
Recipe for tlya:
- ammonia - 3 tbsp. l.,
- water - 2 l.
The soil in the pot is watered once a week until the blackflies disappear completely.
Houseplants often annoying fruit fly Drosophila. Get rid of it will help the solution of 1 liter of water and 1 tbsp. l drug that you need to water the soil 1 time per week.
The use of ammonia for indoor flowers as a nitrogen fertilizer:
- Fertilizing with ammonia when signs of nitrogen starvation appear. It is prepared from 1 liter of water and 2 tbsp. l tincture of ammonia. Household plants watered with a solution once a week. Before you feed the plants, the earth should be well moistened. These solution also water the plants after transplantation.
- The solution for fertilizing flowering house plants is diluted with 1 liter of water and 1 tbsp. l ammonia. Flowering plants begin to feed once a week after the appearance of buds and continue the entire flowering period.
Fast-growing indoor flowers are fed more often than slow-growing ones. The number of feedings also depends on the size of the pot and the size of the plant.
When working with ammonia it is necessary to protect the eyes and respiratory tract - volatile ammonia vapors cause irritation of the mucous membranes. A large number of vapors can cause a reflex stop breathing.
Solutions are prepared on the balcony with the windows open. If this is not possible, open the vent and turn on the hood.
Ammonia solution on flowers and leaves can cause burns in indoor plants. Potted flowers are watered with a weak stream of watering can from a low height, trying to prevent splashing of the solution. After treatment with ammonia, the leaves are washed from the spray with clean distilled water.
Plant nutrition in dry soil leads to a burn of root hairs, so the soil should be moistened beforehand.
In the dormant period, the dressing of indoor plants is reduced or stopped altogether.
Useful properties of ammonia
Important! The substance is a solution of ammonia in water. From the point of view of chemical terminology, the names ammonia, “ammonia” refer to another type of inorganic compounds from ammonium nitrate NH4Cl. In the suburban areas it is not used.
Bottles purchased in a pharmacy, filled with 10% solution, called "Ammonia", "Nashatyr alcohol."
Useful qualities of ammonia are determined not only by the high percentage of nitrogen (82%), which is vital for the development of any plant. The fact is that they absorb the main amount of nitrogen not from the air, where the element content reaches 78%, but in a bound form, from the soil.
The action of the drug is beneficial in the following cases:
- Soil reclamation. In poor areas, the beneficial effect of soil microorganisms is weakened. Their activity is activated by organic fertilizers. The process of decomposition lasts several years. Required financial, labor investments. The recovery period of the soil is faster, does not affect the yield reduction, product quality when using ammonia.
- Plant nutrition plants with ammonia. The use of ammonia as a fertilizer to plants makes their development process quick, simple.
- Prevention of soil acidification. The solution refers to alkalis of medium strength. There is no need for frequent liming of the soil. Do it when you confirm the resulting acidic reaction. After feeding in the parts of the plant does not accumulate nitrogen compounds.
- Pest control.
The advantages of the substance is that it does not penetrate into the plant tissues, accumulate in them, requiring time for decomposition. Do not forget to wash the vegetables, fruits before consumption is required for many reasons.
What plants can be fertilized with ammonia
The life cycle of any plant is associated with the process of increasing the green mass, flowering, fruit formation. Nitrogen types of fertilizers help him make development efficient. The need for nitrogen in all plants is different.
Among them there are big fans of nitrogen, feeding ammonia for them are most useful:
- Pumpkins, zucchini.
- Peppers, potatoes.
- Perennial bulbous flowers.
- Peonies, dahlias, clematis.
- Raspberry, cherry, plum, strawberry, blackberry.
It is useful to feed any seedlings with alcohol solution during growth at home, when transplanting to a permanent place.
What plants are not suitable fertilizer from ammonia
Weak solutions are suitable for any plants, performing the functions of fertilizer, for the purpose of prevention in the war against pests. For example, strawberries. Nitrogen from ammonia plant absorbs poorly. The use of ammonia in specific periods of growth is made taking into account the need for nitrogen for optimal development.
Ways to work with ammonia
The solution reaches the plant by irrigation, spraying.
Important! Proper dosage will help prevent excess green mass, lack of flowers, accumulation of nitrates in tubers, prevent the development of fungal diseases.
Due to the high volatility of the drug, it is recommended that spraying be done in bad weather using a watering can, forming a noticeable spray. A stream similar to drizzle loses the main part of the active substance in the air. Processing seedlings, indoor flowers are recommended to produce a weak stream directed at the root of the plants. Processing seedlings, indoor flowers are recommended to produce a weak stream directed under the root.
Toxic drug is effectively used for spraying against pests of the garden.
The following treatment methods are recommended when they appear:
- Onion, carrot fly. A single-row watering between rows with a solution of 5 ml of 25% ammonia in 10 liters of water is used.
- Medvedka. There is no reliable pest destruction method. Every year all activities are repeated. The pest does not like sharp smells. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to dilute 10 ml of alcohol in a bucket of water. In the hole, planned for planting seedlings, such as cabbage, make 0.5 liters of solution.
- Wireworm. The pest attacks the roots. Use them in the diet is not always possible. The larva of the click beetle, eating all kinds of plants, is neutralized with a solution of 10 ml of 25% ammonia in 10 liters of water. The process is carried out during the planting of a tuberous, solanaceous plant.
- Aphids, ants. An effective prophylactic is a solution of 50 ml of alcohol, 25 ml of liquid soap in a bucket of water. You can weekly spray plants in greenhouses with a solution of 15 ml of alcohol in a bucket of water.
Weevil, drosophila, onion stealth are killed after prophylactic treatment with ammonia.
Experts recommend the following formulations of solutions for feeding:
- Emergency watering is done with a solution of 1 large spoon of 25% ammonia per liter of water. This is the maximum allowable doha of the drug that does not adversely affect the plant.
- Flower, bulbous plants are recommended to be watered, dissolving 25 ml of alcohol in 10 l of water.
- Watering at the root of vegetables is done with a solution of three spoons of 25% alcohol in 10 liters of water.
- Spraying the majority of garden crops produce a solution of 50 ml of the drug in 10 liters of water.
- The treatment of seedlings, foliar dressing of flowers is recommended to be done with a solution of a teaspoon of liquid ammonia in a liter of water.
It is beneficial to do it for vegetables, berries, especially popular with the owners of the sites:
- Use for onions, garlic. A signal of nitrogen deficiency in plants is the appearance of yellow, drying feathers. To restore the growth of onion, garlic bushes will help fertilizing onions with a solution of 60 ml of alcohol in 10 liters of water. Do it in 6 days. To obtain a high-quality crop of large onions, experts recommend in July to start watering with a weak solution of ammonia, consisting, for example, of a tablespoon of the drug per 10 liters of water.
- Top dressing with alcohol of cucumbers. It is carried out several times before the appearance of the fruit with a solution of a weak concentration of the drug. The solution is prepared using three large spoons of alcohol in a bucket of water. Water under the root, sprayed if necessary cucumber lash once a week.
- Ammonia for tomatoes. Good harvest is ensured by a large number of strong fruits ripening on strong bushes. Growing a powerful bush helps fertilizing solution of weak concentration, held every 10 days. After watered, the soil is watered with a solution under a bush of tomatoes.
Important! It is better to water more often, using a weak composition, than the strong quickly destroy the plant.
The use of ammonia in the garden
To increase the growth of shrubs, trees, berries, such as cherries, plums, raspberries, it is recommended to use solutions of different concentrations. This is determined by the strength of the plant appearance. The effective time of feeding is considered the period of appearance of buds, flowers, the formation of fruit ovaries.
Flower beds respond well to the use of ammonia solutions.
The great benefit to the garden is due to the increased sensitivity of wasps, caterpillars, ants to the smell of low concentrations of ammonia used. For fixing the solutions on the treated tree branches, fatty acids are used, which are part of the soap. In 10 liters of water dissolve 30 ml of liquid soap, a spoonful of sugar. Spray the garden in windless, not rainy weather.