If you want the rose to grow on the site, growing from seeds, when planting them on seedlings or in open ground, are urgent questions for summer residents. When cultivating such a shrub is very important to take into account many significant points.
Flowers - stock rose
The decorative stem rose is a shrub up to 2.5 m high, heart-shaped toothed leaves are located on the stem. The plant from the beginning of summer to the end of autumn forms solid spike-shaped inflorescences located along the entire length of the trunk. The flowers form a very large, up to 12-13 cm in diameter, the form of the corolla is bell-shaped. Sockets are semi-double, terry and simple, in some varieties with ruches and frills along the edge of the petals.
The color of flowers is stunning - all the tones of a reddish-yellow scale, even purple, purple, violet, black and red. The inflorescence is blooming bottom-up. The stem is actively used in landscape design, it becomes a decor for fences, walls, fences, arches, arbors, it can be a hedge. It belongs to the family Malvaceae, is the most beautiful representative of the species.
What is the difference from mallow rose stem?
Many mallow (mallow) and stem rose are considered one flower. But it is not so. They are assigned to the same family, but different genera and have certain characteristics. Stock rose and mallow - what is the main difference:
- The main difference is the life of the culture. The stock rose is a two-year or a perennial plant, about 80 of its types are distinguished. In contrast, mallow is an annual crop.
- The height of the bush. Stock rose can reach 2.5 m in length, mallow much more modest - from 30 to 120 cm tall.
- Externally, mallow differs from the stem of a rose with notched flower forms and dissected leaves. Its corollas have cups with five petals, on which longitudinal strips are clearly visible.
Stock Rose - Planting and Care
Decorative stock rose unpretentious, care for her does not cause much trouble. It should be planted in the soil with a neutral reaction and filled with mineral and organic fertilizers. Rules for the care of the stock rose:
- Water the plant systematically, trying to avoid deep drying of the soil. Re-moisten the land is also not worth it - the rose does not like it. Water the bush under the root, trying not to fall on the foliage.
- During the season, the rose is fed twice: the first time after disembarkation, the second - in the middle of August. To feed you need to take universal complex or phosphorus-potassium fertilizers for garden crops.
- It will be useful to soil the ground with compost.
- Withered roses should be removed to encourage the emergence of new ones.
- In winter, it is better to cover the bush with agrofibre or dried leaves.
- Propagation stock roses produced through the seeds.
Stock Rose - growing from seed
There are three variations of growing a rose stem from seeds:
- growing stock rose seedlings,
- plant seeds in an open area in the spring,
- plant seeds in an open area in autumn.
For sowing, seeds of breeding companies are best suited. You can take them from friends, who are happy flower lush flowering in the adjacent area. The seeds of the rose stem remain viable for three years, after which they are best thrown away. Interestingly, the third year of lying seed - the most favorable for germination, during this period they give the maximum percentage of germination. For better germination, planting material is poured with heated water for 12 hours, so that it is saturated with moisture.
Stock rose - growing from seeds in open ground:
- Seeds should be planted shallowly in the soil, 2-3 cm with a distance of 20 cm.
- In the hole put a few seeds, sprinkled, then you can transplant the excess.
- Shoots appear only after 2-3 weeks.
When to plant stock a rose for seedlings?
Planting a rose stem on seedlings is used for early flowering of the plant and better germination. Grow crops at home or in a greenhouse. When answering the question - rose stem - growing from seeds, when planting them on seedlings, experienced growers advise doing this in February or in March. When sown at this time, lush buds on the stems can be seen by the end of July or in August.
How to plant a stem rose seed?
This flower is unassuming, it is better to plant it in the ground loose and breathable. For example, a mixture of two parts of garden soil, part of humus and part of sand will be suitable. Before sowing seeds, the soil is better to shed a pink solution of potassium permanganate. Growing stock roses through seedlings:
- Due to the fact that the flower does not like transplants and picks, it is necessary to plant roses on seedlings in individual pots of paper or peat, in extreme cases - from plastic. In a separate cup, the roots of sprouts will not exactly intertwine with each other. Together with peat and paper cups a rose can be planted in open ground without disturbing the roots.
- The containers are filled with a nutrient mixture, which is slightly moisturized.
- In each container is distributed by seed, sprinkled with a thin layer of earth (1 cm). If, however, seeding is done in a common box, then the distance between the specimens should be 3-4 cm.
How to get shoots rose stock?
How to germinate seeds stock roses after planting:
- Capacities with crops put in a warm place. The optimum temperature for the emergence of shoots + 18-20 ° C.
- Planting containers covered with glass or film to create a greenhouse effect.
- Good lighting is an important factor when growing seedlings. With a lack of light sprouts will be pulled out, have a pale appearance. When grown in February, it is desirable to provide crops with additional illumination with lamps for the first time for 3-4 hours daily.
- The emergence of seedlings can be expected in 2 weeks. When they hatch, the film and glass from the containers must be removed - first for 10 minutes, then more to complete removal. Glasses put in the brightest place.
- Further care is to water the plant; seedlings are not required to be fed.
- Planting seedlings in the garden can be after the establishment of warm weather. Approximately this is the end of May - the beginning of June.
- One month before moving to the open ground, the seedlings are quenched - taken out to the open air. The tenure on the street for a week is adjusted from 10 minutes to 5 hours, gradually increasing.
- For disembarking, a sunny area is selected that is not exposed to strong winds. Plants are placed at a distance of 0.5 m from one another - then their flowering will be generous.
Do I need to stratify the seeds of a rose stem?
Experienced gardeners are advised to do seed stratification when planting a rose stock. It will help to get uniform and friendly shoots. In the process of preliminary preparation, the bags with the purchased planting material are not printed out, but are put into the bottom drawer of the refrigerator. There they must lie for at least 3 weeks, this is enough for hardening the seeds.
When to plant a stem with seeds in the ground?
Sowing flower seeds can be made directly to the site without cultivating seedlings in spring or autumn. Stock rose, growing from seed when can be planted in open ground:
- Spring landing. The culture is afraid of frost, so the stem of the rose is planted in the ground at the end of May - June, when the heat was finally established. Sown in spring, the plant does not have time to bloom in the first summer, before winter it builds up the root system and in full force will bloom next year.
- Autumn landing. When sub-winter sowing, seeds are laid in an open area at the end of August or September. In the cold beds better cover layer of lapnik, peat, humus. In spring, shoots will hatch early and you will have to take care of them - cover them with frost film. The plant will bloom in the summer.
Simple and terry
The most common type of garden mallow is the red mallow Alcea rosea.
Her garlands of flowers are well known to many.
Pictured below is a modern pink stock-rose variety - Alcea rosea ‘Chater’s Double Rose’
On the forums, many gardeners point out that Attempts to grow terry mallow from seed failed - grew ordinary. You can even select varieties that have already been tested by amateur gardeners:
Group 1 - non-double flowered: Lyubava from Aelita (1 double plant on 7 non-double), Garland from Gavrish - the same result.
Group 2 - bloomed with terry: Charmer from Aelita (lush yellow flowers), Royal Purple from Aelita.
A little lower in the table is a comparison of the results of growing the most popular modern varieties.
Such grows stock rod varieties Carousel.
The main features of growing stock-roses from seeds
The root of a young plant.
There are no nuances, except that the mallow is difficult to tolerate the transplant, like almost every plant with a taproot.
Mallow has a so-called spindle root, fleshy and juicy, the plant gets its main food thanks to it.
Therefore, when growing by seedlings, one should try to minimize transplants and, at the same time, tightness. The root of the plant is really very long, in a standard 5 cm tall sprout, the root will be 6 times longer.
Terry mallows, as experienced flower growers say, do not breed by self-sowing. In addition, the plant, even if it showed itself well in the current year, easily dies in the next.
General rules for planting in open ground
- In the open ground - when warming the soil. Stock-rose grows well on poor soils, but in this case it needs fertilizing. If the site is wet, good drainage is required. If you want to get flowers as quickly as possible, it makes sense to take a good plot to the plant.
- The distance between the seeds is 30-50 cm. It is possible more often with the condition that the seedlings will be thinned.
- The seeds are large, so the depth of embedding in the soil is at least 3-4 cm.
- In the hole - 3-5 seeds (germination of mallow seeds is not high).
- Seeds germinate after 2 weeks.
- In the first year the plant forms an outlet, blooms in the second year by the middle of summer.
- Duration of flowering from 1 month to 2-3 (until the end of autumn).
Seeds ripen for 3-4 weeks, should be collected yellowed seed boxes and dry out in any convenient place, not waiting until the box pererezet and seeds fall to the ground. The appearance of seeds and seed pods may vary depending on the type of variety.
Malva parviflora seeds
This is exactly the way that will allow to get flowering plants in the same year.
- Planting - at the beginning of February, preferably 2-3 seeds in coconut pots (price 6-10 rubles for 1 piece), if there is no such possibility, then in the seed boxes.
- Soil - loose, nutritious.
- You can sow in the greenhouse under the film, if it is.
- The temperature is desirable cool, up to 18-20 C.
- Seeds germinate in two weeks. They need light.
- The film from the ascended seeds should be removed, thin out the seedlings so that between them remains 2 cm.
- Pick - with the appearance of two true leaves. Dive is also desirable in peat or coconut pots, which are planted directly into the ground.
- Landing on a permanent place in May. The place should be sunny, you can pre-make well-rotten compost or humus into the soil (3-4 kg. Per 1 sq. M.).
- Flowering will begin in mid-August and last until the end of September.
Caring for seedlings is watering on demand. Watering is necessary so as not to flood the center of the outlet, stock roses do not like it.
For the best survival rate of seedlings, it makes sense to take it out to the fresh air a week before planting it in open ground.
In the photo below seedlings of dwarf stock roses.
Stage of this one leaflet.
Miniature plastic cups will do without picks and at the same time, you can save space. True, this method is not quite suitable for seedlings sown in February. By the time of landing in open ground, the plants will lack nutrition.
About the pick
This procedure in the case of Mallow is quite time consuming and the result is not guaranteed. The best option would be to sow several seeds at once in separate pots, with further removal of weak specimens, or preliminary seed germination.
Seeds can be pre-soaked when swallow, plant each in a separate container.
If the cultivation of conventional mallow does not cause difficulties, then terry will require more hassle. Terry stock roses are less frost resistant and more sensitive to other conditions. Even for the usual mallow are desirable, although not always necessary: a sunny place, protection from the wind, nutritious soil without stagnant water, moderate watering. New-fashioned varieties perceive these conditions as mandatory, otherwise you should not wait for a lush bloom. In addition, you will need shelter for the winter.
To maintain lush flowering should:
- Apply phosphorus-potassium fertilizer, or a complex fertilizer for flowering plants just before the start of flowering.
- Remove faded buds
- As a rule, should be watered as the land dries, the mallow does not like excess moisture. In the absence of rain - this is 15-20 days, however, it should be guided by the condition of the soil, in any case, during the flowering period, watering should be sufficient.
Reproduction by cuttings
What to do with terry varieties, the characteristics of which when sown with seeds are not always preserved? They can be propagated by cuttings, although such a procedure would require a light hand and, possibly, experience - stem-rose cuttings do not differ in easy survival. They can be cut in the spring, taking young shoots almost at the root, or in the summer - cutting off stem cuttings. The cuts are made and processed according to all the rules: a sharp knife, the treatment of wounds with charcoal powder. The resulting cuttings are left for several hours to dry the cut, then planted in a nutrient soil, watch for watering - the soil should not dry out. As soon as new leaves begin to appear, it will become clear that the stalk has taken root.
Not only flowers
It is often possible to see that the leaves of the plant are damaged by pests or diseases, and the leaves of the stem-roses are sensitive to them. This rather spoils the general appearance of the plant, despite the terry flowers.
- Bordeaux mixture - from rust.
- Trichdermin, Mikosan-In - from viral diseases.
- Fitoverm and other insecticides - from aphids and spider mites.
The stock rose is an annual and perennial herb (depending on the species) with a straight, recumbent or ascending stem. At the beginning of growth, the stem is trimmed, later becomes bare. Plant height ranges from 30 to 250 centimeters. Leaves are rounded-heart-shaped, incised or with 5-7 lobes, pubescent, petiolate.
Flowers are located in the axils of the leaves (1-5 pieces). Pitchy three leaf, 5 petals, gynetsy consists of a large number of stipules, the calyx is divided into 5 parts.
The petals are deeply fibrous, inverted oblong-ovate or triangular in shape with a wavy edge. There are varieties with simple, half-sized and double flowers. The flower in diameter reaches 5-15 centimeters.
The stock rose can be white, red, crimson, pink, yellow, lilac, lilac, purple and violet. The ovary on the plant is polycarpus. Some species of this plant have raceme-shaped inflorescences, others are spike-shaped.
Each nest is 1 ovule. The fruit is divided into achenes. Branched roots, long.
Types and varieties with photos
The most famous types of mallow are: pink, Moorish, forest, wrinkled, musky. From these species, many hybrid varieties and varieties were bred.
The most common of them are: Annual, Royal, Terry, Carnival, Margherita, Violet, Lyubava, Mazorette.
Royal stock rose
This annual, reaches 50 centimeters in height. Flowers terry, unusual shape. The edges of the petals are rugged. Diameter 10 centimeters. The aroma is pleasant, delicate. Plant blooms in the year of sowing, from July to September. It is used for registration of rabatok, beds, mixborders, balcony and street containers. Flowers in a vase bloom to the last bud.
This subspecies grows up to 2 meters. The stem is straight. Flowers are large, densely double, gathered in elongated racemose inflorescences. Diameter 10-12 centimeters. Lobed lobes, slightly pubescent.
It is used for vertical decoration of arbors, hedges, mixborders.
This plant has a powerful, branched stem, reaching 2 meters in height. Flowers terry, velvety. The color is blue-violet. Flowers collected large in racemes. Flowering stretched from July to September.
Stock Rose Lyubava
Biennial. Plant height reaches 80 centimeters. Flowers are large, terry, gathered in inflorescences. The color is bright red. The diameter of the flowers is 10 centimeters. Blooms in the second year.
Heliophilous biennial. The height of the stem 60-80 centimeters. The flowers are terry, bright, chocolate-burgundy, pink, light yellow, red, burgundy, almost black in color.
It blooms a year after planting, from July to October. Suitable for groupings in mixborders, decorating flowerbeds, lawns, fences, walls.
When to plant seeds for seedlings
Sowing seeds of the rose stem should be carried out in March - early April. When planting plants in greenhouses, sowing is carried out in February - early March.
When sowing seeds in open ground, the soil must be fully heated. For this end of May is suitable - the beginning of June or the middle - the end of August. При посеве в открытый грунт цветение шток розы наступает через год.
Выращивание шток розы рассадой из семян
The stock rose is an unpretentious plant, it easily tolerates drought and suffers from waterlogging. For better germination and early flowering, plants are grown using seedlings.
Annuals are sown in pots, greenhouses or greenhouses. After growing and strengthening transplanted into the ground. Biennial and perennial plants are planted immediately in open ground or greenhouses.
Seeds of two years ago differ in good germination.
To improve germination, a preliminary preparation of planting material is made. Seeds for 12 hours poured warm water. At the same time they are saturated with moisture and germinate faster.
The root system is a stem-shaped stem of a rose, and it should be taken into account when planting. Since transplanting from a common box can harm a plant, seeds are sown in separate pots, containers or cups.
The pots are filled with moist nutrient soil of turf, peat, compost, sand and sawdust. Seeds are laid out with tweezers or sown in rows, with a thin layer of earth sprinkled on top (1 centimeter). From above the capacity with seeds is covered with a film. Inside the greenhouse the temperature should not exceed 20 degrees.
At observance of temperature condition the first shoots appear in 2 weeks. After germination, when the main leaves appear (if necessary), thinning is performed. The gap between the plants should be at least 3 centimeters.
Care is moderate, regular watering, ventilation and hardening. After the emergence of shoots shelter is removed. It is impossible to remove the film immediately, first it is removed for 10 minutes, then for a longer period and so on until complete removal.
When stretching and pale color of sprouts, additional illumination is performed by fitolampa. After the appearance of the 3 main leaves is hardening. To do this, the room is ventilated; pots with plants are exposed for a couple of hours in a cool room (balcony, veranda).
Peeking a rose stock is not desirable. If necessary, this procedure, sprouts with 3 main leaves are transplanted with an earthy clod.
Transplantation in open ground
On a bed of seedlings stock roses need to be planted in May. By this time, the plants will become strong, and the spring frosts will pass. Place for landing should be bright and closed from the wind. When planting in the penumbra, the plants lose their growth, the color of the flowers becomes pale.
The soil should be fertile, drained, light, with a high content of humus. Heavy clay or sandy soils are not suitable.
Plot digging. Compost, lime, peat and sawdust are added to the soil.
Prepared holes. The distance between plants depends on the type of plant and ranges from 30 to 60 centimeters. Perennials can be planted separately from others.
When growing plants in pots, a bush with an earthy clod is transshipped. Peat pots allow you to land without transshipment, immediately in them.
Watering should be regular (once a week), the earth should not dry out. Excess water can damage plants, for this good drainage is provided. It is necessary to water bushes accurately, without touching leaves of plants.
During the summer feeding is made 2 times. The first time is after planting. The second time fertilizers are applied in mid-August. For feeding you need to take universal complex or phosphate-potassium fertilizers for garden crops.
For perennial roses, the compost and humus in the calculation of 3 kilograms per 1 square meter are applied once a year.
Proper care allows you to grow amazingly beautiful plants.
Diseases and pests
Stock rose is subject to many diseases, it is:
- powdery mildew
- stem cancer
- gall nematode.
The reasons are excess moisture, cold summers, poor lighting.
When white or brown spots appear, the plants are treated with fungicides.
Most often, the stock rose is affected by rust. Light hollow spots appear on the surface of the leaves, red-brown spots below, pads (pustules), after which they wither and fall. The affected leaves are immediately removed, and the plants are sprayed with Abigak-Peak, Topaz, Bordeaux mixture.
In addition to diseases, malva may be affected by the invasion of aphids, spider mites, weevils and other leaf beetles.
Aphid affects flowers, buds and leaves. They twist, turn yellow, sticky insects are visible on the affected areas. Weakly affected areas are sprayed with soap and water. In case of severe damage, treatment with Tobacco Dust, Spark, Aktara, Antitlin, Aktellik, Akarin, Fitoverm, Tanrek, Decis, Bison, Commander, Biotlin is made.
A spider mite strikes leaves when it appears. They are covered with whitish spots. Then the spots fade, dry up. Small mites are located on the underside of the foliage among a very thin web. To combat the pest used soapy solution, mineral oil. In case of severe damage, the preparations Lightning, Akarin, Phyto-Farm, Vertimec are used.
How to collect your seeds
Fruits with seeds are harvested after yellowing, by hand. Each fruit box contains 14-40 seeds. They can be collected from mid-summer to the first frost. To obtain seeds from the bushes, the branches are cut and dried in the form of a bouquet. At the same time the seeds ripen.
Germination of planting material is maintained for 3 years.
Cultivation in a two-year culture
The seeds of a rose stem in open ground are sown in May, early June, or closer to autumn. The plot for sowing is pre-digging. Grooves or wells are prepared. They are located at a distance of 35-40 centimeters from each other. The depth should be about 3 centimeters. In the hole goes 2-3 seed. From above, the seeds are sprinkled with earth, lightly pressed and watered from the watering can.
After 1.5-2.5 weeks, shoots appear. When the sprouts appear 2-3 main leaves are thinned. In the hole there is 1 strongest sprout. In the grooves between the plants left a gap of 30-35 centimeters. Further care for the rose stem consists in timely watering, feeding, protection from pests and diseases, weeding.
A transplant of mallow seedlings to a permanent place takes place in late August - early September. The distance between plants should be 50 centimeters. Low varieties of rose stem can be left in place. High plants are planted in hedges, pergolas, arbors, southern walls. Such a shelter will protect the stem of a rose from breaking the stem in strong winds. Young bushes overwinter under spruce branches, a layer of dry foliage or mulch from humus, peat, sawdust.
Breeding the stem of a rose with the help of dividing a bush and grafting is not used as often as it requires special skills and gives a worse result during transplantation than seed propagation.
Stock rose varieties
Stock-rose is white, red, crimson, pink, yellow, lilac and purple. The ovaries are mnogognezdnye, some plant species have a raceme-shaped inflorescence other in the form of an ear. In each nest of a flower there is 1 ovule. The roots of the plant are long and go deep into the ground, which allows the flower to stand in the soil without breaking.
There are many popular types of mallow for growing at home.
Of them during breeding were derived hybrid varieties and varietiesUsed by growers all over the world:
- Royal. Reaches up to 50 centimeters in height. Flowers terry, the edges of the petals are cut. The plant blooms once a year, after sowing, from July to September. In the vase, the flower blooms to the last bud.
- Annual roseThe stem grows to 30-80 centimeters. It has both double and five-petal flowers. The flowers are 5-10 centimeters in diameter. It has a pleasant smell. Flowering begins in mid-June and lasts until the end of summer.
- Terry. Heliophilous plant, reaches a height of 250 centimeters. Flowers are between 7 and 15 centimeters. Used to decorate plots of land near houses and in various flower beds. The plant propagates by seeds and cuttings.
- Carnival mallow. Refers to biennial plants. The stems reach a height of 1.5 meters. The plant is light-requiring and resistant to drought. Flowers reach 14 centimeters in diameter. Flowers terry, bright, gather in dense inflorescences. Blade leaves with denticles. Flowering occurs from July to September.
- Margarita. It grows up to two meters in height, the stem is straight. It has large flowers with a diameter of up to 10-12 centimeters. Can be used for large vertical decorations.
- Lyubava. Biennial plant. The height of the stems reaches 80 centimeters. It blooms in the second year, the diameter of the flowers is 10 centimeters. The color is bright red.
- Majorette rose. Heliophilous biennial flower. Height reaches 60-80 centimeters. It blooms a year after planting. It has burgundy, pink, light yellow, red, black color.
- Violet. It has a powerful vertical stem, reaches 2 meters in height. Flowers terry, velvet. Flowering occurs in July.
This is an unpretentious plant that easy to withstand droughtHowever, it suffers from priming. For reliable shoot and early flowering, it is desirable to grow a flower with seedlings.
Annual species should be planted in pots, greenhouses or greenhouses. When the stems grow and strengthen, the flower is transplanted into the ground. Biennial plants can be planted immediately in the ground or greenhouse.
Good germination have seeds of two years ago. For better germination they need to be prepared. Before planting, seeds are poured with warm water for 12 hours, they are saturated with moisture and subsequently grow faster.
The root system of mallow has a shape in the form of rods. This must be considered when sowing or transplanting. The planting pot is filled with moist nutrient soil with the addition of turf, peat, compost, sand and sawdust. Seeds are sown in rows, and sprinkled on top of a thin layer of earth. The pot is covered with film and forms a kind of greenhouse. Inside the greenhouse the temperature should not be higher than twenty degrees.
At observance of temperature mode shoots appear after 2 weeks. After the emergence of shoots begin to grow leaves.
Seedling and care for her
After emergence of shoots, the film must be removed. Care is to water and harden the plant. Immediately the film can not be removed, it will lead to freezing of the flower. It is removed for 10 minutes after which it is covered back. Then the film opens for a longer period until the plant adapts to the environment. When pulling the stem and the pale color of the shoots, it is necessary to provide an enhanced supply of lighting. When the first 3 leaves appear, hardening should be carried out. A pot with a flower is placed on the street for a few hours and then climbs back into the room, thus gradual hardening occurs.
Stock-rose dive is not desirable. She is transplanted with earthy lump.
On a bed of seedlings planted in May. By this time, the sprout is growing, and frosts after the winter subside. Landing should be lit and closed from the wind. A plant in partial shade or shade loses its color, pales and becomes painful. The soil should be fertile, drained, with humus content. There should be no sand and clay in the ground; the plot is dug up for better air supply; compost is added. The distance between plants is determined by the variety and ranges from 30 to 60 centimeters. Perennial flowers should be planted separately from annuals.
Mallow cultivation from seeds of a two-year culture
Most often, a two-year-old plant is planted in a greenhouse, which is covered with a film for the winter so that the plant does not freeze due to the cold external conditions. It is necessary to open the plant from the film gradually, avoiding freezing. This is done most often in the morning for a few hours or in the evening so that the direct sunlight will not scorch the leaves.
Seed of two-year-old mallow must be planted in late May - early June. The cultivation area is dug up, grooves and holes are prepared. The wells should be spaced from each other at a distance of 35-40 centimeters. The depth of the hole is approximately 3 centimeters. It is necessary to put 2-3 seeds in one hole, sprinkle it with earth and pour it on top.
After 1.5-2.5 weeks, the first shoots appear. When the first leaves sprout on the leaves, the hole is thinned from excess sprouts. Left one the largest and strongest sprout. Further care will be provided by timely watering and feeding, as well as protection from disease.
Transplantation of seedlings of mallow on a permanent place is carried out in early September. In winter, to ensure safety, the plant can be covered with dry foliage or cellophane.
In the first year the flower forms a rosette of large leaves. In the summer of next year there is a flower with a spike inflorescence, and flowering lasts about a month.
Mallow or peach mallow. Planting and care
Stock-rose, we have more known as a roll, mallow or mallow perennial. Planting and caring for this spectacular plant, familiar to many since childhood, will not be a problem even for the most inexperienced lover.
Charming flower arrangements will transform any garden design. No wonder the mallow has always attracted the attention of poets and artists. For example, in the Japanese temple of Kyoto for several hundred years at the end of spring Aoy Matsuri - Malwa Festival has been held.
Types and varieties of rose stem
When choosing a mallow for your garden, by all means pay attention to the features of the species and variety. They differ not only in color and shape of the flower, but also in height.
- Mallow musk has a delightful smell and amazing resistance to cold, this species will survive even at -35 ° C. Almost all summer, a meter-long bush will be pleasing to the eye with snow-white or pink flowers that reach 5 cm in diameter. If you need moisture-loving plants, White perfection will suit. It is short, its height reaches a maximum of 65 cm. In addition, pay attention to the varieties Innosens and the Pink Princess, they look very tender.
- Malva forest (forest mallow) will surprise with long flowering, the plant will be covered with white and pink flowers until the beginning of autumn. In Moravia variety, on corolla scarlet streaks. Very beautiful Primley Blue variety with bright petals and shoots that spread along the ground. Zebrina deserves the attention, a charming garden form, which received this name due to the purple stripes on the pink rims.
- You can recognize the Moorish Malvais by tall (up to 1.5 m) and bare stems, they are densely covered with flowers placed in the leaf axils. Unfortunately, this species survives extremely poorly when it is cold, therefore it is more often grown as an annual.
- Hybrid mallow - just a great perennial with elegant terry buds pink, scarlet or white. It tolerates cold only up to -15 ° C and in some regions can only be grown as an annual crop. Popular varieties of this species include Powder Puffs, Gibbortello and Chaters Double.
- Malva wrinkled used to be used less often in gardens, but today it is becoming more and more popular. This is a wild species that winters well. Leaves grooved, gray-green shade, flowers bright yellow, up to 10 cm in diameter. Blooms closer to the end of summer and blooms for about 70 days.
Stock-rose will grow well on loose and loamy soil, preferably enriched with humus and with good water permeability. The place is better to choose the sun, protected from cold winds. The stem of the rose will not suffer in the penumbra, but it blooms more abundantly in the sun.
The rose stem needs minimal maintenance - regular watering in moderate volumes (about once a week), loosening the soil (once a month), fertilizer with compost and humus (annual). In a drought without watering, the flowers will quickly fade, but if you overdo it, rust will appear from dampness. If the soil is very scarce, you can make complex mineral fertilizers, but no more than once every 1-2 months.
Too high peduncles sometimes have to tie up, otherwise the wind will break them. As soon as the flowering period is over, it is advisable to trim the stalks and create a mallow cover for the winter. Grow mallow can be directly in the open field or in the greenhouse.
Ways to grow mallow from seed
It is important to bear in mind that after transplantation, long roots are often damaged and the plant adapts very poorly. Therefore, pre-stock peat pots or small containers, then to move the seedlings into the soil with them.
In April-May, seeds are sown in prepared grooves. At a temperature in the range of 18-20 ° C shoots will seem somewhere in 14 days. Then the crops are thinned, leaving 3 cm between the bushes. You can save all the plants, then specimens with three full leaflets dive into the pots and leave to grow further. Planting of the strengthened seedlings for a permanent place is usually carried out in August. The distance between them should not be less than 25 cm, but you should not leave more than 50 cm.
If you want to enjoy the flowering stock of roses already this year, sow the seeds in the greenhouse in early March. Then in May, seedlings are moved to the open ground, however, the bushes will be annuals.
In the open ground
Sometimes flower growers prefer sowing before winter, but it is better to sow seeds in May, when late frosts are not terrible. В небольшие лунки (глубина до 3 см) помещают по 2-3 семечка, засыпают их землей, немного утрамбовывают и поливают. Через 2 недели должны показаться всходы. Когда на кустиках появится по 2 или 3 листочка, можно проредить насаждения, оставив самые крепкие. На первом году сформируется листовая розетка, на втором куст зацветет.If you provide good conditions for a mallow, it will give a good self-seeding, and your plantings will be updated regularly.
Application in landscape design
Looking for the perfect garden decoration? Do not hesitate, choose a mallow or perennial mallow. Care does not take much time, many varieties are characterized by long flowering, and thanks to the magnificent foliage retain decorative throughout the season.
The plant can be planted singly or in large groups, decorate fences, walls, outbuildings, draw a beautiful line in the background, delimit the plot area, emphasize the beauty of shrubs by planting a rose stem on their background. Also excellent are groups with perennials, preferably tall or medium height. Especially if you work with a palette of shades and pick the most impressive combination. Ideal for mallow garden to create a country-style garden.
Stockrose is a perennial, often two-year-old, less often an annual herb belonging to the Malvaceae family, hence the popular name - mallow. Homeland is considered the Mediterranean, Front and Central parts of Asia. There are over 60 plant varieties. Due to its high height (maximum height up to 2.5 meters), the stock drop is often used in decorating arbors, fences, and landscape design.
Stockure, planting and care in the open field
Stockrose, landing and care in the open field for which is uncomplicated, is a high powerful stem with interesting branching. Leaves arranged in a regular manner may have a rounded, dissected, heart-shaped with jagged or smooth edges. The flowers of the plant are large (up to 12 cm in diameter), resembling a bell, have a variety of colors (purple, white, red, lilac, burgundy and other colors).
Planting stockings - expert advice
Mallow petals have healing properties, they are used in the treatment of colds, gastrointestinal diseases. In cosmetology is used to restore melanin in the skin, getting rid of acne and acne. Mallow has been grown in Russia for quite some time. But at some period of time, the plant was undeservedly forgotten, and was considered a flower that can only be grown in the countryside in front gardens. But thanks to the breeding of new hybrid species by breeders, Stockrose returns its popularity.
The process of planting and caring for a plant is not difficult and consists of the following steps:
Sowing seeds. In open ground, seeds are sown at the end of May, when the earth warms up, and is placed at a distance of at least 30 cm from each other, since the flower is sufficiently spreading. Due to poor germination, it is recommended to put several seeds (3-5 pieces) in one well, and in case of good germination - thin out.
Seeds are laid to a small depth (3-4 cm), the first shoots will appear after 14 days. The plant will bloom the next year after planting. Many gardeners sow mallow seeds in the fall, under the snow. The plant will bloom in summer, but you should take into account such a nuance as the early emergence of shoots in spring.
Stock rose. Growing from seed and when to plant mallow
Therefore, it is necessary to provide protection from cold weather and frost. For this, seedlings are covered with a can.
Planting seedlings. The cultivation of mallow seedlings is usually used if it is necessary to bloom in the first year. In order not to damage the root of the plant, which is the core, during transplantation, it is better to sow the seeds in separate containers, for example, peat cups. Planting seeds on seedlings should begin from the end of February, but not later than mid-March, otherwise it will not bloom.
Seeds need to be sown in moist soil, placing them on the surface and lightly sprinkled with earth. Then, the containers are covered with a film and put in a cool place (at a temperature of 18-20 degrees). After germination, they are thinned and provide daily ventilation and watering as needed. In late May, when setting warm weather, you can plant in open ground. For breeding stock, the quality of the soil does not matter, as long as it is not too heavy and clayey.
Stock treatment - what is important to remember?
The main care for mallow is:
- Watering. Humidification should be abundant, but it should be ensured that there is no stagnation of water at the roots.
- Support installations. This support is necessary to support the stem and remove the faded buds so that they do not deplete the plant.
- Fertilization. Stockrose feed universal fertilizer for malvovye flowers for 2-3 times per season. Also, mulch the soil with compost.
- Pest Protection. For the prevention of diseases of rust, which affects the leaves, the plant is recommended to be treated with a fungicide. This is especially necessary if poor soil, planting is thickened and moisture stagnation is observed.
So, shtokroza, landing and care in open ground for which is simple, it will be a great decoration for your summer cottage. We hope that our advice will help you grow a healthy and effective plant.
See also video:
Stock-rose: planting and care, photo. Stock rose: growing from seed
Mallow or stock-rose is an amazing plant that is suitable for planting along walls, fences or fences. Knowing how to grow a rose stem from seeds at home, you can transform the landscape design of your site. Recently, mallow have been supplanted by more popular plants, but this is due to the fact that many gardeners simply underestimate the benefits of the stock rose.
Recommended to read: How to grow phlox annuals
How to grow stock rose
Mallow is a perennial plant that has been cultivated since 1440. The height of the bush reaches about 2.5 meters, while the flowers can be of different colors. Planted in open ground stock-rose can be in spring or autumn. The plant itself is unpretentious, so even novice gardeners will not have difficulty caring for him.
It is better to plant mallow in a previously prepared soil with a neutral alkaline medium. Do not forget to make mineral and organic fertilizers. Stock-rose breeding occurs with seeds, which are immediately planted in open ground or in the greenhouse. According to gardeners, the best option is to sow the seeds of two years of aging, since it is they who have increased germination.
Stock-rose bloom is observed in the second year after planting, but if you want to see flowers already this year, then plant the mallow not with seeds, but seedlings. Keep in mind that the mallow is a tall plant, therefore it is recommended to observe a distance of about 50 cm between the bushes during planting.
How to care for a stock rose
Caring for mallow is quite simple, because this flower, like many others, needs timely watering and fertilizing. If the land is poor, then a week before the start of flowering, fertilizing with complex fertilizers is carried out. You can use compost to improve the quality of the soil and the stem-rose not only produced foliage, but also bloomed beautifully.
It is advisable to cover the bushes for the winter, if you want the plant not to die during frosts. Dry leaves and spruce branches are suitable for shelter. To pests and diseases stock-rose is quite resistant, but prone to rust on the leaves. As a prevention, you can use drugs with a fungicidal action.
If you like the stock rose, planting and care in the open field will not take much time. At the same time you will be able to grow not only a beautiful, but also a useful plant. It turns out that the decoction of mallow root has good anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties. Engage in breeding different flowers and plants, then your cottage will turn into a paradise for relaxation.
Syrian Rose, or Ketmia
Syrian hibiscus, or Syrian rose (Hibiscus syriacus) - a beautiful deciduous shrub up to 5-6 m.
Differs bright green ovoid leaves up to 10 cm long. Flowers are solitary, smaller than that of the “Chinese rose”, of the most varied colors from white to crimson, sometimes bicolor, simple and double, like mallow flowers. Hibiscus are grown in the form of bushes or small standard trees. It blooms in summer and early autumn.
Syrian rose from China and Western Asia. In the open ground grows in the Caucasus, in Central Asia and Moldova, in the Crimea, in the Kuban. This wonderful, especially at the time of flowering, bushes appeared on the streets of the city, in parks and squares relatively recently, has gained great popularity. Hibiscus grows slowly, in favorable conditions it reaches 3 m in height, begins to bloom from three years. Each flower of a Syrian rose blooms only for one day, but there are many buds: it lasts for several months. The hibiscus bush lives for 20 years or more, lends itself well to molding: at the end of winter pruned stems to increase branching. There are varieties of Syriac hibiscus with variegated leaves.
In central Russia, a Syrian rose plant is easier to grow as a seasonal annual, or to keep in a bright and cool room in winter. Can be used as indoor culture. Syrian hibiscus loves a lot of light, heat and moisture. Then it blooms long and magnificently from the second half of the summer until frosts. It can put up with penumbra, but then it blooms worse.
Stock-rose (mallow): cultivation, care and medicinal properties
Growing up, the bush becomes more winter-hardy, maintaining our temperature. He loves a good fertile, moist soil, as well as transplants and pruning.
Syrian rose is propagated by seeds and in the summer by semi-woody cuttings that are rooted in the sand in a moist environment under a glass bell jar. Terry varieties propagated only vegetatively. Rooted cuttings of Syrian roses are planted in small pots in the nutrient ground. Transplanted in early spring, before the start of growth, into the ground, consisting of 2 parts of sod, 1 part of leaf and 1 part of humus. Adult hibiscus plants are transplanted into spacious dishes. In the summer, it is plentifully watered, kept on window-sills or on tables near the window. In winter, after the leaves fall, they are kept in a cool place with very moderate watering. At the end of winter, last year's shoots are greatly shortened (two thirds are cut off) and the Syrian hibiscus plant is placed on the windowsill, and watering is increased as it grows.
Seeds are stored in paper bags in a cool dry place. With this storage, the seeds remain viable for 3 years. Laboratory germination of 94 - 96%, soil - 86 - 89%. Organic dormancy seeds do not possess, do not need stratification. Depth of embedding is 2–3 cm. Seeds are sown directly into the ground or in a nursery. Seedlings bloom in August of the first year and bloom all fall. Hibiscus plants are very responsive to fertilizer.
Did you like the information? Share it with your friends!
And do not forget about our forum community! Join the ranks of flower growers and plant lovers!)
Description, types and varieties
Stock rose (other names - mallow, mallow, marsh mallow, kalachik) belongs to the family of malvaceae. Breeders bred more than 70 species and hybrids of this perennial garden flower. The homeland of the plant is considered Egypt and Greece. Varieties differ not only in height, size of leaves and petals, but also in colors. The most popular colors of mallow are white, pink, yellow, crimson, red, dark purple and brick. Flowering lasts from the end of June to frost.
Straight stems of a large plant reach a height of 2-2.5 m, the root system is powerful, branched. The leaves are round, heart-shaped, petiolate, have small incisions. Voronkovidnye flowers are collected in inflorescences, placed in the axils of the leaves. Their calyx is divided into five parts, the brightest has five petals. Varieties with simple, semi-double and double flowers with a diameter of 10-15 cm, gathered in spike-shaped or racemes are derived. The fruit is divided into achenes.
It is important to know. Perennial mallow is better to grow as an annual or biennial, since in the third year of life the plant often dies, and if it grows, it blooms very badly.
The most popular types of rose stock:
On the basis of these varieties by breeding displayed many varieties. The most famous for gardeners:
- one year old - grows up to 30-80 cm high, has both five-petal and double flowers, blooms until the end of summer,
- royal - grown as an annual, reaches a height of 50-60 cm, has terry flowers of unusual shape with jagged edges of petals, blooms from July to September,
- terry - grows to 2 m, the flowers have a diameter of from 7 to 15 cm, the petals are corrugated.
The photo below shows in order the annual, royal and terry stock of a rose to compare their appearance and shape of flowers.
When to sow seeds for seedlings
Growing a rose stem from seeds and seedlings in different regions of Russia has its own time. Sowing dates depend on temperature conditions, the level of air and soil heating. More often they sow seeds in spring in open ground in the first to middle of May. Planted in this way, the plants do not bloom in the same year, they remain to winter. Buds appear only next summer.
You can sow the seeds in the garden and in the fall, in the middle-late of August, before the onset of the first frost. In this case, flowering will occur earlier if the seedlings do not die in the winter from a strong wind, prolonged frosts. Those who do not want to wait a long time for flowering should use the seedling method, sowing seeds at home in February-March. In this case, the flowers will appear in late July or early August.
Preparing for planting and seeding
Planting a rose stem for seedlings or seeds requires several preparatory steps.
- Preparation of soil for sowing seeds. Mallow is a picky plant, therefore it does not require special soil preparation. You can use any purchased soil mixture or combine two parts of garden soil with a part of humus by mixing in some sand. The main thing is that the soil was breathable, loose, well absorbed moisture during irrigation. In the sand and clay stock rose will not grow.
- Selection of seeds before planting. The rate of germination will directly depend on the quality of the seed. Only branded seeds purchased in specialized stores have good germinating properties. You must select them carefully, studying the date on the package, selecting the fees two years ago. Before sowing, the material is soaked in warm water for 12 hours so that the seedlings sprout faster.
- Capacity Requirements The root of the rose stem is long, so it tolerates transplants painfully. It is better to immediately sow the seeds in separate disposable or peat cups or in a deep box, a container to a depth of 2-3 cm. The distance between large seeds in the tank should reach 3-4 cm, you should not throw them in a handful.
When seedlings are sown, seeds in a tank are distributed on the soil surface, sprinkled with soil on top, moistened and covered with a film, glass or cellophane. When planted in the open ground at the end of May, they dig up the soil, make grooves 3-4 cm deep at a distance of 40-50 cm. They plot holes, 2-3 seeds are thrown into each one, sprinkled with earth and tamped with fingers. Then the flower bed is watered. When 2 true leaves appear on sprouts, the seedlings are thinned, leaving one stalk in the hole.
Conditions for germinating seeds
Sowing a rose stem on seedlings involves growing it at a certain temperature and humidity. Periodically, the box under the film is ventilated. After germination (after about 10-12 days), the glass is removed, the container or cups is placed on a well-lit window sill, watered as the soil dries.
- Lighting and location. Containers should stand in a bright place, but light partial shade is allowed, it will not interfere. Ideal for germination in the light - south or southeast window sill.
- Temperature. In order to quickly appear the first shoots at home, you need an optimal temperature of 18-20 degrees. Under this condition, the sprouts peck after about two weeks, grow strong and healthy.
- Air humidity. Under the film, plants create a certain wet microclimate, a kind of greenhouse. However, every day the glass is opened for half an hour, excess condensate is removed from the walls.
- Watering. Moisturize the soil from the spray as the soil dries out, about a couple of times a week. Ensure that the earth does not dry out and does not moldy from excess moisture. Sprouted seedlings are watered from a kettle or watering can, ensuring that water does not fall on the leaves of the flower.
It is important to know. When choosing a place for seedlings in the apartment should be noted that the rose stem does not tolerate drafts. In the open area in the garden, the plant will also have to be protected from strong gusts of wind, easily breaking long stalks.
Care of seedlings at home
To grow at home strong and healthy seedlings of rose stem for subsequent planting in open ground, you must follow simple rules for caring for an unpretentious flower.
- Temperature. Growing seedlings should occur at the same temperature as the germination, that is, at 18-20 degrees of heat. In any apartment you can create such conditions, especially if you place the box on the windowsill. Высадка на улице в цветник возможна лишь при отсутствии угрозы заморозков и установлении теплой погоды.
- Подсветка рассады. При недостатке освещения ростки могут вытянутся, приобрести бледный, болезненный вид. При посадке семян мальвы в феврале требуется дополнительная подсветка искусственным освещением.
- Полив и подкормки. When growing seedlings, the stem of a rose in containers is not made of any top dressing. Watering is carried out regularly as the soil dries, at the root of the plants. Spray shoots do not need. Pour pots and cups can not, so as not to cause rotting of the stem, roots.
- Picking This procedure is undesirable for mallow, can cause the death of seedlings. It is better, if necessary, after the appearance of 3 main leaves, transplant the plants together with the earthy clod.
- Diseases and pests. At home, the plant can be affected by a pest such as aphid. Both the stems and the leaves are affected. To fight insects should be using drugs "Iskra", "Fitoverm", "Aktellik", "Aktara", "Tobacco dust", "Detsis". With overflows, frequent overmoistening of the soil, cold and lack of lighting, mallow affects the following diseases: rust, mosaic virus, powdery mildew. In this case, the necessary treatment with antifungal drugs, fungicides: "Topaz", "Abiga-Peak", "Bordeaux Liquid".
Tips for florists
Growing in the garden of various subspecies of one-year, terry or royal stock of roses, you should pay attention to the advice of more experienced gardeners. Useful recommendations will help to achieve an earlier and abundant flowering of mallow, keep the seedlings and bushes healthy, give the plant a more decorative look.
- It is desirable to use high varieties for vertical decoration of garden arbors, hedges, fences, mixborders. If you plant a stock rose in the foreground or in the center of the flower bed, it will hide other flowers from your eyes.
- Annual mallow varieties should be sown in peat pots, greenhouses or greenhouses. After the emergence of shoots and strengthen them, you can already be transplanted into flower beds. Biennial and perennial hybrids should be sown immediately in open ground.
- If you plant the bushes in the shade, they will grow, but the color of the flowers will be pale, and they themselves will be crushed, become unattractive.
- By planting several varieties next to the garden with different colors, you can get new specimens with an unusual color, as the stem of a rose can be pereopolylyatsya.
- The first feeding should be carried out after planting seedlings on the garden, the second - in mid-August. Best of all, the plant responds to universal complex or phosphate-potassium fertilizers.
- For further breeding of mallow, you can independently collect its seeds. Fruits break after yellowing. Boxes should be collected from mid-summer to frost. Germination lasts 3 years.
- In order not to kill the perennial in winter, the broken stalks at the base mulch with humus, sawdust, young plantings are covered with spruce fur branches.
Mallow Flower Description
The stock rose is a perennial or annual herb, it has straight, recumbent or ascending stems. When the plant begins to grow, then the stem is trimmed, and then becomes completely naked. The height of the flower varies from thirty to two hundred and fifty centimeters. The leaves have a round heart-shaped, they have from five to seven incised blades, they are omitted and petiolate.
Flowers are placed in the axils of the leaves, one or five pieces. Podchashay has three leaves and five petals. The plant consists of many stipules, the cup is divided into five parts.
Petals have an inverted, oblong-ovate or triangular shape, they have a wavy edge. There are species with half-double, double and simple flowers. The diameter of the flower can reach fifteen centimeters.
The color of the rose stem can be: purple, white, red, crimson, yellow, pink, lilac and purple. The plant has mnogognezdnye ovary. The rose has racemes or spikelike inflorescences, it depends on the variety.
Each nest has one ovule. The fruit of the plant is divided into seeds. The root system of the stem of a rose is very branched, and the roots are long.
Description of the varieties of rose stem
- One year old. This rose can grow from thirty to eighty centimeters in height. Flowers can be five-petaled and terry. Flower diameters from five to ten centimeters. Have a very subtle and pleasant smell. The annual variety blooms from June to early autumn. Basically planted in flower beds or near the tracks.
- Royal mallow. This plant can reach fifty centimeters in height. Flowers have an unusual shape and terry, the edges of the flower petals are rugged. The diameter of the flower is about ten centimeters. It has a pleasant, unobtrusive aroma. The plant blooms in the same year when planted. This type can be used for decoration of flowerbeds, balconies and outdoor containers. If you put the flowers in a vase, then they bloom to the last bud.
- Terry rod rose. The stem of this rose is from fifty to two hundred fifty centimeters high. Flowers are about fifteen centimeters in size. Rose petals are a bit corrugated. The plant can be decorated with flower beds and house adjoining areas. This rose can be propagated by dividing the bush, seeds and cuttings.
- Variety Carnival. This rose belongs to biennial plants. Stems grow to a meter and a half. The plant loves bright diffused light and tolerates drought well. The flower in diameter reaches fourteen centimeters. The flowers are very bright, densely framed and collected in inflorescences. Their color can be different, there are all shades of yellow and pink. The rose has lobed leaves that are serrated along the edges, they are rough and fuzzy.
- Stock rose margarita. This plant can grow up to two meters in height. It has a straight stem and densely double-sized, large flowers that are collected in racemes. The diameter of the flower reaches twelve centimeters. The rose has lobed, slightly dipped leaves.
- Sort Violet. This plant has a branched, powerful stem that is about two meters in height. It has velvety and terry flowers, blue-violet hue. Flowers varieties Violet collected in racemes. Blooms view from early summer to early autumn.
- View Lyubava. This rose belongs to biennial plants. Its height is about eighty centimeters. It has large and double flowers, they are collected in inflorescences. The color of the inflorescences is bright red. Flowers in diameter about ten centimeters. After planting bloom in the second year.
- Variety majorette. The rose of this species belongs to the photophilous biennials. Its height ranges from sixty to eighty centimeters. Flowers plants are very bright and terry. Their color can be different: burgundy or almost black, chocolate burgundy, red, light yellow. Blooms after planting next year. This variety can be planted near walls, fences, flowerbeds and lawns.
Stock rose growing from seed when planted
Sowing mallow seeds should be done in March or early April. If the seeds are planted in a greenhouse, then sowing should be done in late February or early March.
If the seeds are sown in open ground, the soil for this should be well heated. For such seeding, the end of May or the beginning of June, as well as mid-August, is suitable. Flowering roses when sown in open ground comes next year.
Growing mallow seedlings from seed
Mallow is a very unpretentious plant, it is well tolerated in dry periods and does not particularly suffer from wetlands. In order for the plant to grow better and early bloom it needs to be grown with seedlings.
Annuals need to be sown in greenhouses, greenhouses or pots. After the plant gets a little stronger and grows up, it needs to be planted in open ground. Perennial and biennial plants are immediately planted in a greenhouse or in open ground.
Sowing seeds for growing
When sowing, it is necessary to take into account that the roots of a rose have a rod-like shape. On this basis, transplanting from a common container can greatly harm the roots of the plant, so the seeds must be sown in separate glasses, containers or pots.
Pots must be filled with soil from compost, peat, turf, sawdust and sand. In the prepared soil, the seeds should be sown in rows or laid out with tweezers, after sowing, they should be sprinkled with a thin layer of earth. Thereafter seed cups need to cover the film and monitor the temperature. Inside the greenhouse it should not exceed twenty degrees, otherwise it is very harmful to the seeded seeds.
If the temperature is correctly observed, the seeds will sprout in about two weeks. The gap between the planted plants should not be less than three centimeters.
Transplanting seedlings in open ground
On a bed of rose seedlings planted in May. By this time, the sown plants will get stronger and spring frosts will pass. Place for planting seedlings should be closed from drafts and wind and it should be open to sunlight.
If the plant is planted in partial shade, then it does not grow to the desired size, the flowers become dull and pale. The soil for planting seedlings must be fertile, must contain a lot of humus, be light and drained. Clay and sandy soil for rose stock is not suitable.
After the soil are prepared wells for planting. The distance between plants should not be less than thirty centimeters. Perennial plants can be planted separately from others.
Plant care in the summer
Water the planted plant should be regularly, at least once a week. To prevent water from stagnating, it is necessary to provide the necessary drainage, otherwise the plant will suffer. When watering can not touch the leaves of roses.
It is necessary to feed a rose twice, it needs to be done in the summer. The first dressing should immediately after landingThe second is in the middle of August. For feeding mallow suitable complex universal or potassium phosphate fertilizers.
For perennials, humus and compost should be applied once a year.
When the plant reaches one and a half meters in height, it must be tied up. For the support, wooden savers are suitable, and for the garter - a soft band or a rope.