How to get rid of ants in the trees in the garden, you should think already in early spring. With the onset of heat on the trees aphid appears. It produces a sweet substance that attracts ants. These insects act in tandem on mutually beneficial terms. Ants transfer aphids to the best fruit trees, pick up after it a sweet substance. In a short time, the entire garden becomes infected. Ants cause tremendous harm by their presence.
Protecting trees from ants and aphids is to install barriers at ground level.
- It will take an old car tire. It is cut into 2 parts. Under the tree they dig a ditch, place a tire there, fix it well with earth. Inside pour water. Ants do not know how to swim. A distance of 10 cm for them is insurmountable. Fruit trees, fruits are protected from invasion.
- You can get rid of ants and aphids with chalk. Crumble near the tree, coat the trunk. Chalk particles stick to insect paws, depriving them of tenacity. Pests simply fall off the tree, unable to reach the branches, damage the young seedlings.
- So that the ants do not climb the tree, they tie a foil in the form of a skirt around the trunk. Insects are difficult to crawl on a slippery surface, not so flexible as to overcome the sharp edges of the foil. Pests fall to the ground.
You can save trees in simple ways, if you take care of it in a timely manner.
When asked how to protect trees from ants and aphids, gardeners respond with short trap belts. The method of struggle in gardening is tying trunks at a height of 20 cm from the soil surface. The width of each belt is individual. On average - 20 cm.
- The clotheslines are heavily greased with Vaseline. It is tied in several turns with a solid line. Petroleum jelly interferes with the movement of insects, absolutely does not harm the trees.
- With ants and aphids in the garden are fighting with grease. Initially tied with polyethylene film trunks. Over smear grease. Periodically update the protective layer.
- Tie plastic wrap around the trunk. Coat it with tar, birch tar.
- The trees are protected by duct tape or double sided tape. Ants, aphids, and many other insects stick to its base. You can use paper adhesive tape from flies.
- You can fight ants on trees with a modern mouse trap. It is a glue for trees. Universal remedy is used as glue from ants. The peculiarity lies in the composition, which for a long time does not lose its properties under the influence of the sun and rain. Ant remedies are applied in a continuous line in several passes. The slightest touch is enough for the insect to stick tight. The drug is sold in any household, specialty store.
- Moisten cotton wool in carbolic solution, tie around the trunk, you can use the method on the bushes. After 3 days, remove the protective agent, tie a new one. During the summer, repeat the procedure three times.
You can fight with ants on trees with any viscous substance that preserves its properties for a long time, it prevents the movement of pests.
If the question arises, how to treat the trees from ants and aphids, you should pay attention to folk remedies, professional preparations.
- Prepare a thick mixture of soot, salt, flaxseed oil. Apply a dense layer to a width of 15 cm.
- Smear the trunks of bleach. Concentration should not be strong. Because an excessive amount of lime harms the plants.
- Impregnation of wood with garlic gives a very good result. It is necessary to rub the bark with the arrows of garlic or teeth to persistent smell. Leftovers are left under the tree to enhance the effect. Seedlings tied with arrows in the form of a belt.
Such funds are not harmful to crops, deter harmful insects with tremendous force.
Spray the trees should be several times for the entire warm season, use one of the options for effective means:
- In 400 g of black soap add 100 ml of kerosene, 2 tbsp. spoons of carbolic acid. Mix thoroughly, diluted in 10 liters of water. The composition is watered anthills, sprayed garden crops. Birch tar is poured in the roots of the trees. Together, these tools protect the garden from pests.
- Pour 30 g of dried flowers of wormwood, 300 g of fresh plants 10 liters of water. Insist day. Abundantly spray wood branches. Means rescues from aphids, ants and many other garden pests.
- Fighting on fruit trees with soda protects against aphids, making it impossible for ants to climb onto the crown. 30 g of linseed oil are dissolved in 1 l of water. Soda is added in the amount of 5 g. Such folk methods of struggle give quick results, do not harm the garden. Also, soda is used to combat ants in the garden.
- Garden ants do not tolerate Coca-Cola. Dissolve the drink in water in a ratio of 5: 1. A large proportion is in Coca-Cola. Sprayed vegetation at their summer cottage.
Fighting aphids is a necessary undertaking. If these insects disappear on the plants, the ants will also move to more favorable sites.
If folk remedies do not succeed in defeating the ant colony, you should use poison. Fight on fruit trees is carried out with the help of:
Suitable tool is sold in any household, specialty store in a tin tube. It is better to use before the fruit is fully ripe.
Garden glue works similarly, but the difference is the availability of insecticidal agents. The insects are able to carry particles of the gel from the trunks into the anthill. They eat themselves, feed the larvae, the uterus. Within two weeks, the entire ant family dies.
Gel smear trunks, place the bait on pieces of plywood, plastic. Duration of about 20 days. Mass death occurs within a month.
Scaring by plants
Ants do not like the smell of some plants. They can be planted right in the garden, or periodically scatter around the garden plot, tie it in the trees.
- pharmaceutical camomile,
You can prepare a saturated solution based on cinnamon, spray garden.
Great effect is achieved in the fight against ants with a combination of popular, professional means. Insecticides are recommended in special cases. It is possible to expel pests in many safe ways. If you know the location of the nest, pour boiling water, boric acid, gasoline.
What should be done?
We dig a groove around the apple tree (or another fruit tree or shrub) (its depth should be approximately equal to half of the tire), and put our self-made rubber “trays” in this groove.
If the tree is still young, half of the tire can be laid through the top. With a large tree, this does not work out, so we cut a rubber ring from a tire half anywhere, pass it through the tree, lay it down, and gloss over the place of the cut with sealant or clay.
After the sealant dries well, pour in half a tire of water. No creeping insect can overcome such a water barrier. Ants also do not climb into the water.
In addition to protection from ants, the water will serve as a drinking trough for beneficial insects (the same bees) and small birds that only benefit the garden.
How can I increase protection?
Such a protective “bath” can be made even more effective if you drop a little coniferous concentrate there. In this case, the water will have a smell that can scare away many harmful insects.
But, a ring near a single tree must be left with clean water so that small birds and useful insects can drink water.
Here is such a simple, but rather effective method of protecting any fruit trees from annoying ants. And, here in this video you will be shown another, much simpler, but very effective way. We look.
And one more way to protect. Take a look.
Why do ants appear on trees?
We all know well that ants live in anthills, why then can they often be found on garden trees in such large numbers? The fact is that fruit trees, a kind of pasture, on which ants fatten their tamed pets - aphid. In the course of its life, the aphid produces a special sweet substance that the ants like very much. This feature has formed a strange natural union of these insects, which can cause great damage to our gardens.
Ants carry the lamb to new trees and protect it from danger, so that it begins to multiply and spread quickly throughout the garden. If this happens, the destruction of the ants alone will not be enough; you should also use aphid aids.
Also, ants in the trees can eat young buds or ripened fruits. Therefore, to preserve a good harvest, trees should be processed in spring.
How to protect the trees?
There are many modern ways to help protect your garden from this scourge. Various chemical agents from ants on trees are by far the most effective way of fighting that can solve garden problems in a short time. Among the most common substances that are found in the composition of drugs can be identified:
- Organophosphorus: fenthion and diazinon.
- Pyrethroid group: cypermethrin and its derivatives, fenvalerate.
Once in the body of an ant, these substances cause its death. Means are available in the form of granules, powders, liquids.
Whichever of the options you choose, after the ants are treated with chemicals it is very important to limit their access to water to the maximum!
Let us take a closer look at the specifics of each of these options and how convenient it is to fight ants in the garden.
- Gel. The gel is least suitable for the destruction of ants in the garden. The specificity of its use allows its use only in greenhouses or for individual plants in pots. Also, insecticidal gel can be applied to the trapping belts to increase their effectiveness. In addition, the gel can attract other insects, for example, bees, which threatens to poison the entire hive. The most effective gels are considered "Raptor" and "Combat".
- Fishing belt. Many gardeners choose trap belts to protect the garden and tree trunks. They do not cause even minimal harm to the environment, they effectively fight ants crawling on their trunks. Such belts are made of fabrics, burlap, foam rubber. A special glue, tar or liquid resin is applied to the surface of the belt. This trap is wrapped around tree trunks and firmly secured. Ants, trying to get on the trunk, stick to their belts and eventually die. This option will also be effective against beetles and caterpillars.
- Powders Powder products can be used to create baits or serve as the basis for creating a solution that is poured into anthills.
Among the effective drugs against ants include: "Muracid", "Anteater", "Ant". If an aphid has already appeared on the trees, the destruction of some ants will not be enough; There are powerful chemicals that can quickly destroy aphids: "Fufona", "Fitoverm", "Aktara".
Folk remedies for ants
There are also popular, proven ant products and aphids, which can be used to process trees and achieve good results. They are simpler and safer for the environment:
- Kerosene and carbolic acid. The pungent smell of kerosene frightens off insects, and the acid will destroy the most persistent ones that the smell did not frighten. For 10 liters of water you need to take 0.4 kg of black soap, 10 tbsp. kerosene and 2 such spoons of carbolic acid. This solution can be poured into the anthill, if you find its dislocation or used for processing trees.
- The solution for spraying fruit. Not sure how to handle a tree trunk? We give the proportion for the solution to 1l. water: 30 g of flaxseed oil and 5 grams of soda. Mix the ingredients well and spray the tree trunk.
Spraying solution. Not sure how to handle a tree trunk? We give the proportion for a special solution to 1l. water: 30 g of flaxseed oil and 5 grams of soda. Mix the ingredients well and spray the tree trunk.
Now you know how to process fruit trees to protect them from the attacks of ants. These tools will help you provide reliable protection and prevent their recurrence.
Protection of adult plants
Like any other living creatures, ants do not like when their housing is threatened. Therefore, regular digging of land in the garden helps not only the development of trees, but also to restrain the number of ants. Digging is not only pristvolny circles, when digging it is necessary to add wood ash, it not only scares off insects, but reduces the acidity of the soil, enriching it with nutrients.
Also in the garden attracts ants an abundance of lush greenery and aphid. These social insects purposefully breed and protect it, for the sake of collecting sweet secretions - honeydew. It is garden ants that can cause the defeat of young shoots.
Ants can carry aphids to more convenient plants for “grazing”, and also protect them from natural enemies, driving away predatory insects from it.
To avoid its appearance in spring, all plants in the garden are treated with a solution of urea or vitriol. Such processing is carried out before bud break; it was at this time that the pests who wintered in the soil climb the trees. A simple but effective remedy for garden ants of fruit trees, various barriers that prevent their ascent to the crown.
Today the most popular are:
They are placed directly on a tree trunk and they provide reliable protection against most garden pests during the whole warm season.
Recommended video: How to deal with ants and aphids on the fruit tree
This folk remedy for ants in the trees has long been known, but does not lose its relevance. For its manufacture will need:
- clay with sawdust or mullein, suitable and clay,
- a piece of dense rigid film, thin plastic (plastic bottles can be used), rigid foil or soft tin,
- wire or synthetic twine.
Impose a barrier at a height of 25-50 cm from the ground. In this place, the bark is cleaned from dead particles and smeared thoroughly with clay or clay. This is necessary to ensure a tight fit of the skirt to the tree, and pests do not climb under it.
The belt-skirt is effective not only against ants, but also for the vast majority of garden pests.
On the resulting smooth area is attached a piece of dense and thin material, so that the skirt is obtained. Fix it with wire or twine. Insects, climbing the trunk, are forced to crawl through the barrier, but a thin section is insurmountable for them.
These barriers use a different method - they catch pests. Such a belt is applied the same way as the skirt. But, at the last stage, a tape with a sticky surface is attached to a smooth section of the barrel. There are several recipes for making an adhesive mixture for trapping belts:
- add five parts of hot castor oil to the five parts by weight of crushed rosin; mix the mixture thoroughly; cook for another 1.5-2 hours to obtain a thick, sticky mass,
- in a glass of boiling sunflower oil, dissolve 100g of beeswax and the same amount of grease, knead until homogeneous mass and boil again,
- To the twelve parts of pine resin add one and a half parts of petroleum jelly and the same amount of crushed rosin, the mixture is thoroughly mixed,
- dilute tar and burdock oil in a ratio of 2 to 1 and boil over low heat for 4-5 hours to obtain the required thickness,
- Some gardeners recommend using mercury ointment as a sticky trap.
Glue can be applied on mat, burlap, polyethylene. Such a trap will catch any pests that are trying to climb the trunk. The glue must be cleaned and updated periodically. Also check the effectiveness of the belts is necessary after heavy rains.
Today, the production of such traps is established on an industrial scale, and you can buy them in the store. These may be ready-to-use tapes, or sets in which glue is applied after the belt has been applied. Some gardeners recommend using affordable and cheap flypaper sticks. They will have to change more often, but they are superimposed quickly and are inexpensive.
This is the most difficult to manufacture belt. Preparation for its imposition is not different from that described for skirts. But, from a film or sheet rubber form a gutter several centimeters wide around the trunk. In the resulting recess pour oil with the addition of grease and insecticides. Getting into the oil insect gets stuck and dies. Such traps should be regularly cleaned from dead pests and small debris.
Protection of young seedlings and bushes
Protective belts are very simple, safe and effective. Но, оно применимо не для всех растений. Борьба с муравьями в саду на деревьях может вестись с помощью обычной воды.This method is suitable for the protection of not only adult trees, but also young seedlings and bushes.
Ants can cause the death of a plant. If the anthill is close to the trunk, then in the process of building moves, they damage the root system.
On young roots, ants can plant colonies of aphids. To block the access of ants to the roots and crown of young saplings and bushes, you can arrange a water barrier. To do this, you need a regular car tire. It is cut into two parts to make two gutters. A small recess is dug around the protected plant along the tire diameter, into which half of the tire is placed. The recess is filled with water. Crawling pests do not know how to swim will not be able to come close to the plant. This method of garden protection has one more advantage. Birds will come to these improvised drinkers, which will also help in the difficult task of eliminating pests.
A rare, but very effective method is sharing the ladybirds. Collect them in the surrounding gardens and edges is not worth it. These insects will simply return to their habitual real habitat. But in some stores you can buy individuals bred in the laboratory. And these "homeless" individuals with pleasure will settle on your site. They mercilessly exterminate aphids and thereby nullify the main danger of the neighborhood of ants.
Recommended video: Fighting aphids and ants in the trees
Safe chemistry in the garden
Today, the word chemistry is wary. But, not all means are dangerous. In the garden, you can use proven methods for centuries that do not harm not only man, but also plants. So the indispensable assistant gardener - lime. She whitewash trunks, it is also possible to make it in the near-stem circle. For ants it is poisonous. And though the colony will not die from such a means, insects will bypass the treated area by the side. No less popular and useful in the garden is boric acid. It is used for cosmetic and medical purposes. This is an excellent antiseptic. But for insects it is a strong poison that acts both superficially and through the intestines. In the garden, you can simply make it into the soil in powder form. If it is necessary to get rid of an anthill, then a layer of earth is removed from it and the poison is poured directly into the center of the nest.
The prices of chemicals from ants
Often, ants settle on young trees as boric acid will also tell you how to get rid of them. It is diluted in warm water. Spray the solution with a tree. It acts not only on ants, but also on aphids. At the same time it is completely safe not only for the plant, but also for people. Harvest from sprayed trees can be eaten even on the day of processing.
So you can use borax. It is no less poisonous to insects than boric acid and their effect is similar. It is added to the bait. In the shops you can buy a granulated drug "Antimurave", consisting of 10% borax. Pellets can be left in blisters in places of insect localization or poured into the anthill itself.
Many gardeners and gardeners recommend the use of insecticide of biological origin: "Feverfew". These are crushed Dalmatian chamomile flowers. It is poisonous to ants and other pests. Also, this tool is known for more than one century under the name - Persian powder.
To protect the plants in the garden, you can dilute the drug in water and use it for spraying. The product is completely safe for people and animals, even if swallowed. The powder quickly decomposes and does not affect the eggs and insect larvae, therefore, to obtain a positive result, several treatments will be needed with a break of two weeks. This tool is less effective than modern pesticides, but it is great for farms where they try not to use chemistry.
Ants do not like some plants with a strong smell. Many gardeners and gardeners successfully use this. Plants that scare away ants include:
You can use steep decoctions of these plants, which are sprayed seedlings and seedlings or pour anthills. They are also planted in the garden and garden. It is worth remembering that these tools do not kill pests, but simply force them to keep the smell from the source as far as possible. Also, some owners of personal plots advise to feed ants with some cereals.
To dangerous for insects include:
This method has both supporters and opponents. But even those who are convinced of the effectiveness of such a bait, note that fertilizing should be carried out regularly for several weeks.
Another well-known method: pour boiling water over an anthill or saline solution. It should not be used near plants, as it is possible to damage the roots. But, it is very effective for gazebos, garden paths and recreation areas.
Recommended video: How to get rid of ants in the garden and aphids in the trees
Folk remedies are completely safe, but their effectiveness does not always meet expectations. In some cases, you need to get fast and guaranteed results. So, for example, when woodwind ants appear on the site. These pests settle in the wood, they can in the shortest possible time turn into dust not only rotten stumps, but also sore tree branches or wooden buildings. Also, do not hesitate when the garden is already struck by aphids and ants. In this case, you should take advantage of proven modern pesticides.
Today, insecticides are not only not harmful to warm-blooded animals, but rather quickly decompose without accumulating in the soil and plants.
In addition to powder and granular products, gels are widely used. This poison is convenient from ants living on a tree, it is easily applied to any surface. She can put a barrier on the trunk and crossing the sticky strip ants on their paws will bring poison into the anthill. Also, they will not fail to feast on a dangerous treat and feed the larvae and the uterus. Today, most manufacturers use a complex of insecticides, combining contact and intestinal action.
Ant gel can be placed directly in the anthill itself. To do this, you need to find the central entrance to the nest, remove the ground at this place by 5-7 cm and squeeze the preparation into the recess. Then cover the anthill ground. This method is good because it does not pose a danger to pollinating insects. If it is not possible to find all the pest colonies, then the bait is laid out along the ant paths.
Preparations have already proven their effectiveness in practice:
But, it is necessary to use them on the site with great care, and strictly following the instructions. The insecticides used in them are dangerous for all insects equally, both for beneficial and for pests.
By really "folk" pesticides can be attributed chalk "Masha". It is successfully used from ants not only in the house and apartment, but also in greenhouses and in the garden. It is applied to cardboard or boards that are laid out on the path of insects. After the pests disappear they simply remove from the site.
Separately, it is worth noting that the advertised electromagnetic and ultrasonic repellers and traps in the garden and the garden are completely useless. Ants feel great in their area of action. Also not effective conventional traps, Velcro and containers with insecticides. These tools are great help in enclosed spaces, but are designed for a limited range.
Expect a positive result in the garden and in the garden can only be with an integrated approach, relying not only on poisons. To do this, you must regularly treat the soil, fight with aphids. Only the struggle on all fronts will help to escape from the ubiquitous, hardworking and very tenacious ants on the plot and in the garden, without harming the environment and not disturbing the natural balance of the ecosystem.
Ant colonies, settled in the garden, cause damage to plantings and fruit trees:
- Bred colonies of aphids and other insect pests.
- Ants are able to gnaw young tree roots.
- They love sweets and can eat fruit and ripening berries.
- Excrement and release of ants contribute to the change in soil acidity.
It is the aphids, bred by ants, that gives gardeners the greatest problems. Colonies of these insects feed on the sap of leaves and young shoots, weakening fruit trees and planting in the garden. Fighting aphids colonies is extremely difficult. You must first destroy the ants, and later with the help of special insecticides the gardener will be able to remove aphids and other pests.
Folk methods of struggle
Despite the appearance of numerous effective insecticides, folk methods of combating this pest are invariably popular with gardeners, which is explained by the effectiveness of such means, their simplicity, and the absence of any harm to the crop ripening on trees. To get rid of ants can be the following folk remedies:
- Various tinctures.
- The simplest bait.
- Self-made traps.
Ant trap making no different complexity. The simplest protection of trees against ants and aphids is a small trap made of a plastic bottle. Such a plastic bottle is cut in half, after which the upper part is inserted into the lower part with the neck down. Inside a bottle cut in half, you can pour a pickle or a small amount of beer, and put it in close proximity to a tree trunk, where insects are spotted. Ants will feast on beer, but they will not be able to get out of such a trap.
Council You can also find various ant traps in horticultural stores, which are efficient, affordable and easy to use.
Excellent results are shown by spraying a garden with an extract of wormwood. The advantage of this method is its versatility, which allows it to cope not only with ants, but also with various caterpillars, whitefly and aphids. To prepare such a solution, you need 5 liters of warm water, which is poured 150 grams of freshly cut grass of wormwood. After four hours of infusion, the solution should be drained and sprayed the trunk in places of insect accumulation, as well as the treatment with tincture of the stem circle.
An ant colony always has a female who actively lays eggs. You can also try lime such an ant queenWhy use a special egg bait. You will need to mix a small amount of egg yolk, sugar and boric acid. The prepared mixture is placed in a saucer near the anthill, and soon such poison will be inside the nest and quickly kill the female and all the working ants.
Noticed that the ants do not tolerate the smell of garlic. Therefore, it is possible to protect the garden simply by rubbing the trunk and shoots with a gruel of garlic, or you can tie up trees and shrubs with such fragrant heads.
And we can also recommend gardeners to sprinkle trees with soapy water. To prepare such a soap solution you need to dissolve 200 grams of soap in five liters of water. To the resulting solution add 10 tablespoons of kerosene and 2 tablespoons of carbolic acid. You can try to pour this mixture directly into the holes of the nest or spray the tree trunk every 3-4 days with infusion.
Insecticides for insect control
Many gardeners prefer insect pests on fruit trees. use store insecticideswhich have several advantages. The advantages of such funds include the following:
- Great performance.
- Ease of use.
- Versatility of insecticides.
- Long lasting effect.
- Affordable cost.
All such insecticides can be divided into highly specialized and complex. As the name implies, the complex can affect a variety of insect pests, and highly specialized destroy only ants. We can recommend you to give preference to contact poisonous baits and insecticides, which are distinguished by their excellent efficiency and ease of use.
Today, in specialized gardening shops you can find various dry powders of poison, all kinds of poisonous preparations and insecticidal gels, which differ maximum durability of use.
We can recommend you to use drugs such as Thunder 2, Muracid, Anteater. These insecticides effectively destroy adult individuals and larvae of ants, which allows you to get rid of such insect pests.
And we can also recommend you to use a variety of insecticidal gels, which are easy to use. Such gels are characterized by the duration of action, which allows you to get rid of ants and other pests for several months.
On sale can also be found special adhesive double sided beltwhose principle of operation is extremely simple. Insecting pests, moving along the trunk, will fall on such an adhesive belt, from which they can no longer escape. It is necessary to fix several such adhesive belts on the tree trunk, and soon the problem with the ants will be solved.
Modern agrochemicals, which are designed to kill ants on the plot, are not only effective, but also completely safe to use. It is only necessary to fully follow the instructions for their use, and the handling of landings to perform in gloves and a respirator. This will avoid any allergic reactions on the skin, and the grown crop will not contain any harmful compounds, nitrates and nitrites.
Ants are a common pest., delivering a lot of trouble to summer residents and gardeners who grow fruit trees in the garden. In this article we told you how to protect a tree from ants and get a great harvest in the garden. You can get rid of them as a folk way, and use purchased insecticides or a variety of traps, which are very effective and easy to use.
Protecting trees from ants and aphids by folk remedies involves the use of various traps, baits and infusions. These are loyal methods of struggle that are used by many gardeners at home:
- Cut the plastic bottle in half, insert the upper part of the lower half neck down. Then pour beer or brine inside the tank and set a trap directly on the ant trail. Insects will climb into the tank, and can not get out of it.
- Spraying wormwood infusion is another effective method of combating not only ants, but also other harmful insects - aphids, whitefly and caterpillars. 150 g of fresh grass is poured with 5 liters of warm water, insisting 3-4 hours. Then the filtered infusion is sprayed on the places of insects, as well as under the tree.
- To get rid of the ants you need to lime the female. Mix sugar with egg yolk and boric acid.
Put the prepared mixture on a saucer next to the anthill. Boric acid destroys the flesh of insects.
- Ants do not like garlic, so many gardeners rub their trunks with the stems of a plant, and also use them to tie the trunks of garden trees and shrubs.
- Sprinkle with soapy water. 200 g of soap is dissolved in 5 liters of water. To the working solution add carbolic acid - 2 tablespoons and kerosene - 10 tablespoons. The mixture is poured into anthills and used for spraying trees at intervals of 1 time per week. After 3-4 such treatments, the ants completely disappear. In the same way, you can fight ants that bred in the bark of trees. For safety net you can coat the lower part of the barrel with tar.
- You can bring ants out of an anthill in several ways: pour boiling water over an anthill, kerosene, or an extract of tomato leaves and stems. You can also fill the destroyed anthill with hot ash.
- In order to prevent aphid vectors from young stalks of fruit bushes and trees, use velcro in the form of trapping belts.
Insects adhere firmly to sticky surfaces and die in this condition.
What if popular methods are ineffective in the fight against ants? In this case, it is necessary to carry out drastic measures using toxic chemicals.
Insecticidal gel is considered one of the most popular and effective drugs. Its effect lasts for a month from the moment of application.
The preparations Muravyin, Muracid, Grom-2 and Muravyed, which include the active ingredient Diazinon, belong to the group of industrial poisons used in the fight against this insect. They are able to destroy not only adult individuals, but also their larvae.
Many gardeners ask: is it good or bad to use chemicals to kill ants, and how can this affect the health of fruit plantations? Such drugs do not pose any danger to trees and shrubs, if used in accordance with the instructions on the packaging.