Footless reptiles, especially vipers, do not tolerate a human neighborhood. However, in search of a better life, the beasts have to go to the settlements, and to find snakes in the country house is a common thing. If it were not for the bites, they could be put up with, having simultaneously got rid of rodents. Learn how to fight snakes at their summer cottage, what strategy to follow.
How to scare away snakes from the dacha
In the war with snakes should be applied a range of different measures. These reptiles are able to adapt to noise and anxiety. Animals often coexist peacefully with their natural enemies. The only answer is how to completely get rid of snakes at their summer cottage, no. Council summer residents - do not be afraid of reptiles. Learn snake habits, move slowly, replenish the first-aid kit with first aid for poisonous bites. Man is more inventive than any beast, so success is on your side.
What to poison snakes and vipers in the country
Snakes feed on living, moving prey, so it is difficult to poison them with chemical preparations. Even if a poisoned mouse is put into the trap, it will die before it is reached by a predator. How to deal with vipers in their summer cottage? Creeping bastards just do not settle on it - this is accompanied by favorable conditions. One of the main ones is the abundance of food, shelters.
If you have a burning desire to poison and kill, then you need to start with cleaning the ground from grass, debris, other random heaps and harassment of small rodents, which can easily be more in your gardening than in the surrounding nature. Poisons, poisoned traps, other killer products for small animals (mice, frogs, etc.) are food for snakes, which can be easily found in gardening stores.
How to get rid of snakes at their summer cottage without poison, by chemical means:
- process the soil around the perimeter with saltpeter, herbicides, odorous compounds, scatter rags soaked in strong-smelling substances in their area and the neighboring abandoned,
- spread out mothballs, tablets (inexpensive moth remedy), slightly prikopav, make a groove along the border of the dacha area with coal, ash, garden sulfur,
- order processing with a special low-toxic compound with a repellent odor for snakes, rodents, lizards in the disinsection service (valid for 40 days),
- burn rubber tires on the site (caution - toxic to humans, domestic animals).
Biological, electro-and mechanical sound-vibration scarers are offered to buyers who ask a question how to scare away snakes from the summer cottage. The first are non-toxic bulk blend based on essential oils, peanut shell, etc. - snakes have a sensitive sense of smell, and sharp odors hinder the search for prey. Electrical and mechanical (turntables dug into the ground) discourage reptiles by vibrations spreading over the surface and in the thickness of the earth. A popular scarer is Ekosniper. The device produces ultrasonic vibrations that are unpleasant for crawling reptiles.
How to drive a snake from the dacha with animals
Good snake competitors are regular hedgehogs. They are not afraid of poison viper, and they do not disdain to eat serpentine meat. Catch a hedgehog can be in the vicinity with the onset of dark time of the day, showing skill. Or you can buy them in the nursery, the zoo. If your cottage has enough caterpillars, slugs, mice, then the prickly snake-pickers will like the new place of residence. Increase the attractiveness of the site for hedgehogs helps lure milk, cat wet food, chicken meat.
If you got a cat or a cat with a pronounced hunting instinct, then with their help you can also solve the problem of how to get rid of snakes in the garden plot. Several energetic dogs will help to secure their stay in a private country residence, signaling the appearance of the enemy with a loud barking. The hunting dog breed perfectly kills the snake - the jagdterrier, which has a dead grip, medium-sized, phenomenal viciousness to the game. Keep in mind that such aggressiveness with inadequate control and education can be a problem for the owner.
Fighting snakes at their summer cottage
There are lots of ways to get rid of unpleasant snakes. The most important thing is to understand what they are looking for on your and neighboring sites. If there is a reservoir nearby that is teeming with delicious toads, frogs, or other forage for snakes that you cannot influence, then the only thing that can get rid of reptiles is a solid monolithic fence on the foundation and rooted in the entire area of plastic mesh. In other cases, less radical ways will work.
What are the snakes afraid of?
All snakes - poisonous or not - are afraid of sharp odors, so the place, abundantly sprayed with perfume, will pass over with disgust. There are contradictory opinions about loud sounds - there are cases of snake riot near the railroad tracks. They are afraid of the smell of untreated sheep or horse wool, but only where they constantly graze - the memory of ancestors suggests that the hooves will trample snake holes. Poison snakes coexist with harmless individuals - snakes, but not always.
How to get rid of the snakes at the dacha
A harmless representative of the snake kingdom - too, but its appearance makes the heart beat faster, and the bite with sharp teeth delivers a range of bright sensations. It is not always immediately possible to differentiate the snake from the viper, so the natural reaction is to kill the snake by cutting the body with a shovel. How to get rid of snakes at their summer cottage humanely: arrange to catch and remove snakes to a decent distance, from 1-2 km.
What are afraid of snakes - folk remedies
All of these methods, describing how to get rid of snakes in the country, are suitable for snakes. In the piggy bank of popular recipes in store more remedies. They are afraid of the snake if:
- sprinkle mustard powder on the site,
- a smoke bomb will help get rid of the guests, if the snakes have settled in the cellar,
- plant garlic, elderberry, ethereto grass on the site and along the perimeter of the house - their smell frightens off the snakes,
- to fence the plot with a fence on a high base, in the adjoining area, prikopat fine-meshed mesh,
- regularly mow the grass, prevent cluttering the area, block the access of the snakes to the compost heaps,
- hang bells in the garden, bushes - suspicious ringing will alarm the grass snake, discouraging soak in the branches.
How to catch a snake
If there is a bit in the garden, the easiest way is to overfill and take them out. How to get rid of catching snakes at their summer cottage:
- Wear shoes with high berets - boots or rubber boots - and go in search of snakes.
- Make sure that before you too, and not a venomous viper - here it is better to use the help of a professional serpent. Uzh has two large spots on the sides of the head.
- Trying not to betray your presence, slowly lower your hand, grab the snake closer to your head.
- Holding it firmly in this position, lower it into the prepared bag with the tail down.
- As soon as the head reaches the edge of the bag, release it sharply from the hands, and tie the bag.
How to get rid of vipers at their summer cottage
These snakes do not like noisy and inedible for them neighbors like humans, plus cleared terrain. If your site is not overgrown with weeds, you often visit it, there are no abandoned summer houses in the area, and the dangerous "inhabitants" do not leave everything, then you need to analyze and eliminate the causes of such love for the land. After killing the viper, the body, as well as the top layer of soil on which it died, must be carried away as far as possible. Snakes eat each other, and the smell of a helpless, killed relative will be very attractive to them.
Methods to get rid of snakes on the plot
Gardeners have many different problems, someone has to fight against plant diseases, ants, moles and other troubles, and someone has snakes on the plot! Of course, the snake in the country - it is not just a nuisance, which can pretty spoil the harvest, but it is also life threatening. And if the children?
To catch snakes, you need to know their main habitats in the area where they breed, namely: near the compost heap, under the house, in a pile of manure or debris, under the roots of trees (stumps), in the gaps between the logs, sometimes in basements or in the garden trash.
In the loose soil snakes pave the way. So, to get rid of the snake in the area, you need to do the following.
Try to catch. Snakes love strawberries, so let these beautiful and tasty berries be the bait. Burnt milk can be used. In the evening, put a container with strawberries and hide from a visible place, but so that your review is not closed, wear rubber boots just in case.
You can try to get rid of snakes at the site with the help of store chemicals, having tasted that, the snake dies after a while. However, this drug should be attractive to the snake refused to cherished delicacy in the beds and crept to the bait.
Lure the hedgehogs to the plot by placing a container of milk on the ground. The hedgehogs are eaten by snakes and mice, but they, too, will not give up the delicious berries, so as they say, think for yourself. The only thing that is a clear advantage of hedgehogs over snakes is that they are not poisonous and are safe for life in principle.
Snakes do not like noise, so you can get rid of them on the site with a rustling film hanging around the perimeter on the posts near the ground itself, since they will not hear sound through the air due to lack of development of hearing.
Clean the area of weeds, mow as much as possible all the grass, remove last year's foliage, do not leave weeded grass in the area. If the house is on stilts, then under the house territory is better to pour concrete at all. Snakes love to hide, so in a clean and noisy place they will be uncomfortable.
Get rid of moles, mice, rats, frogs and other small reptiles and rodents, as snakes love to eat them.
If there is unnecessary tires, burn it. The smell of burnt rubber and ash snakes in the area do not like.
Along the perimeter of the site in the spring, for the prevention, treat the soil with nitre, ammophoska, or garden herbicides. If there is some abandoned neighbor's plot near your backyard plot, scatter rags dipped in the preparation that you will use to fight snakes.
The crushed mothballs, which are usually found in new shoes, can be deepened into the ground. Snakes also do not like the smell of sheep, so the strings of raw sheep wool hung everywhere will help get rid of snakes in the area. Neighborhood abandoned areas need to be prevented every month.
If there is a children's sandbox on the plot, then at a distance of 2-3 m from it along the entire perimeter, the soil should be treated with herbicides or saltpeter.
If you need to save logs for building a hozblok, then place the lumber under the canopy and, again, treat the entire territory with herbicides. Can and canopy.
If you like to sleep in a tent in the country, be sure to check her and sleeping bags for the presence of snakes.
If you live in a country house, then it makes sense to have a yagd terrier dog that will strangle snakes and snakes. This breed of dog may also pounce on a person, so by wearing a muzzle you will avoid problems with your neighbors. Some mongrels can also catch snakes, but there are those who are afraid of them, so decide.
Mouth poisoned spit. If puffiness has gone, then stop sucking. Rinse the mouth after this manipulation with a solution of potassium permanganate or water. Take suprastin to reduce the allergic reaction (swelling) and take a horizontal fixed position.
Within 60 minutes, if possible, contact the medical center for the introduction of an antidote, at a later date this manipulation will be useless, and the bitten part must be fixed during transportation.
Ways and means of driving out snakes from the dacha
As soon as the warm spring days come, many people begin to fight mosquitoes. Others try to rid their sites of garden pests. And the third ones have no choice - they must resist snakes, which are not very easy to chase away.
There is nothing fun in the fact that sometimes you have to use a shovel to rid the dog of a snake or to drive out a creepy thing in the morning from a street toilet.
It is for these reasons that it is worth thinking about reducing the likelihood of neighborhoods and encounters with dangerous reptiles.
Preventive measures against snakes on the site
As we all know, any problem is easier to prevent than to get rid of it. This also applies to the problem of the appearance of poisonous and non-poisonous creeping reptiles at the summer cottage - snakes.
Restoring order at the dacha. First of all, it is necessary to restore order on the site. It is recommended to mow grass regularly - if you use a lawnmower for this, the noise that it makes when working will scare away snakes.
It is necessary to clean branches and other garbage in a timely manner, and a special place should be reserved for storing garden tools.
Creeping people like to hide among pieces of slate, in barrels, under logs and in other shelters that they find attractive and need to be removed from the site. Mowing grass and lawn at the dacha will save you from the invasion of snakes.
When the owners do not appear in the neighboring areas for a long time, and the grass grows there to the waist, it is better to mow and these thickets so that you yourself will be calmer.
Since snakes choose a composting pile from bad weather, it is recommended that they be organized away from apartment buildings and gardens.
Most of all be afraid of meeting snakes in springtime and at the end of summer (in August) - at this time snakes breed, therefore the most dangerous and aggressive ones.
Methods of scaring creeping reptiles
Currently, there are various devices used to scare away snakes, which can be purchased in retail chains. These devices are capable of creating reptile-repellent vibrations, or emit repellent waves. But not always with the help of such devices you can achieve the desired results.
A more effective tool is scattering rags that are pre-soaked with diesel oil or herbicide. This procedure is repeated once a month.
Since snakes do not like excessive noise and vibrations, therefore, invite guests to your place more often, arrange noisy parties, or set up a wood processing workshop. In addition, the windmills can scare away the snakes.
There are other popular ways to expel snakes from the site. To do this, you can use natural wool, which unfolds near the threshold of the house and the entrance to the outbuildings. Spread the pieces of wool in any place where the appearance of these dangerous reptiles. Perhaps that is why, when a person goes into the forest, old people recommend him to wear wool socks.
According to popular belief, snakes do not like the smell of garlic. Therefore, you can try to plant a large area with your dacha garlic.
Ways to exterminate snakes
To get rid of snakes at the site in the first place are engaged in the extermination of rodents, which are a delicious treat for creeping reptiles.
There is also a superhuman, exterminating snakes - this is a hedgehog. You can have a hedgehog in your dacha only if:
- At the dacha someone is constantly at home and feeds a hedgehog, otherwise the prickly hunter will simply run away.
- If you do not breed poultry, in particular, do not have chickens, because hedgehogs feed on them.
- If you have a lot of berries that hedgehogs eat.
There is a Hungarian way to get rid of any parasites, including snakes, moles, toads and mice. He is called "drunken hedgehog." It is believed that the slight intoxication of this small animal leads to the fact that he does not know mercy, and well protects his habitat.
To do this, the villagers, in order to get rid of the snakes, try to arrange several bowls in the plot, pouring beer into them. Since hedgehogs love to feast on alcohol, they come running for a treat faster than milk.
Among the cats there are snake hunters who most often catch small specimens. It is believed that our smaller, striped and baleen friends quietly endure a double portion of snake venom.
Good hunters on snakes and rats are yagd-terriers.
Compliance with site security
In order to minimize encounters with snakes at their sites, it is necessary to take some security measures:
- Water the land under the house and shed, if they are installed on piles, with saltpeter or herbicide.
- Equip the open porch, the ground under which also water the chemicals.
- Seal all the cracks in the floors of outbuildings.
- Dampen pieces of cloth in the herbicide and spread out in shady places on the plot.
- Hang on the doors of the outdoor toilet and shower special "knockers" - rattle them before entering the toilet or shower.
- Going to hike in the woods or thickets, be sure to shoe boots.
- С помощью химических препаратов обезопасьте детские площадки от появления змей – проливайте препараты на расстоянии до 3-х метров от площадок.
Непременно проведите беседу с детьми об опасности встречи со змеями. Вы можете почитать детям сказку Киплинга, объяснить, почему змеи являются очень опасными созданиями. Расскажите, что нельзя брать в руки змей, шифер, трубы и другие предметы, в которые любят заползать эти животные.
In addition, it is necessary that the cottage had a first-aid kit for snake bites with the following medications:
- Antipyretic drugs.
- Cardiovascular drugs.
- Medicines against inflammation and allergies.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Anesthetic drugs.
- Means that increase blood pressure.
In addition, if you notice the constant appearance of snakes on your site, by all means refer to herpetologists who catch these amphibians.
What to do when meeting
If snakes or snakes are found on their land plot, it is not recommended to destroy them, because before death these animals emit a special smell that attracts other snakes, which can reach up to several dozen.
The best option would be to banish creeping muck from your site. In case there is a need to kill the viper, do not touch the corpse with your hands, and move it further away from the site. The same treatment is necessary with the faded snake skin found on the site, because of this smell the snakes return to their territory.
First aid for snake bite
If, however, you did not manage to avoid meeting with the snake that bit you, you need to know what you can and cannot do in this case.
What to do if bitten by a snake:
- Stop moving and try to avoid panic, as fear will develop tachycardia, due to which snake venom will more quickly begin to spread throughout the body.
- Drink plenty of water or juice (in any case, do not drink coffee and alcohol).
- Apply a cold to the bite to reduce swelling.
- Remove the rings from your fingers, because if your hands swell, it will hurt.
What is forbidden to do if bitten by a snake. Do not cut, burn or burn the wound, as this may cause infection and gangrene.
If you are bitten by a snake - build faster to seek medical help. Once in a medical institution, require gaperinoterapii, which is more effective than serum, helps from the bites of poisonous snakes.
How to get rid of snakes on the site
To see a snake on your plot is a completely horrible sight. The following tips will help you get rid of snakes and prevent them from returning. Although the mere thought of a possible encounter with a snake at the site scares you to the depths of your soul, you should not be so afraid. Not all snakes are poisonous.
Poisonous snake Some people try to kill the snake at the first meeting. However, most snakes are non-venomous and often even beneficial to humans. For example, snakes help get rid of rats and other harmful rodents living in the area around the house.
However, in order to avoid meeting with the snake you need to hold a series of activities. For example, the bite of a poisonous snake can be deadly, so it would be better to protect the house and the yard from the invasion of snakes.
If you do not want snakes to settle on the site, there should be no bushes or thick foliage in your territory, as they are the natural habitat of snakes. Dispose of trash in the garden and outside your plot.
Always keep your garden clean, removing dry leaves and tree branches in time. If necessary, change the landscape of your garden. Snakes love to hide in the tall grass because they hunt mice, squirrels, grasshoppers and crickets there. If you want to get rid of snakes, mow the grass in the garden every week.
Snakes are always looking for a cool place to hide. Compost pit or tree in the garden will be a suitable place for them. If possible, try to get rid of these snake-favorite places.
If you have rodents or insects in your home or on the plot, you need to erase them from there. Cover all gaps in the house, especially at doors, windows, pipes and electrical outlets to prevent snakes from entering the house. Enclose the garden with a blind fence or special protective fences.
There are also anti-snake repellents. They contain components that have a strong smell, unpleasant to snakes. In addition, repellents may contain substances that impede the movement of snakes.
Snakes are more active at night. Against snakes, you can install a special glue trap. As soon as the snake gets into it, it gets stuck in the glue and cannot crawl away. Caught snakes can be released at a safe distance from your home.
With these tips, you can prevent snakes from entering your garden and home. If you meet snakes in your area, do not kill them. Snakes are one of the elements of the whole ecosystem. They control the number of harmful rodents and insects. If you catch a snake, set it free or contact the appropriate services.
How to get rid of snakes quickly: a few simple tips to protect against snakes
It may be hard for you to believe that the solution of the problem with snakes lies right on the surface, but believe me, there is nothing easier to achieve a result. Forget about fears and doubts! Feel confident! This is your home, not theirs!
There is one rule about which, for some reason, everyone forgets - changing habits: you change your habits, and snakes, respectively, change theirs.
When you constantly observe reptiles around your plot or house, this only means one thing - the conditions are favorable for them. The slightest environmental changes will prevent them from living near you and your home.
Here are some effective tips on getting rid of snakes in a natural way:
- Mow down all the tall grass
- Remove piles of stones, lumber and other garbage from the site. they are a refuge for small pests, which, in turn, are food for snakes,
- Dig or cover all the holes of the rodents - they attract snakes,
- Rodent control (rats, mice) leads to good results in getting rid of snakes,
- Build a fence around your site - it will keep most snakes at a distance, especially if its cells are no more than 5 cm and buried a few centimeters into the ground.
If you need to get rid of snakes such as Copperhead, then, first of all, you need to think about creating an unfavorable environment for them.
However, to once and for all get rid of the various snakes that have appeared on your site, it is best to trust the professionals, because They have all the knowledge and tools to quickly solve this problem.
Naphthalene will be effective only if reptiles have not yet managed to occupy a large area of your site. A small amount of solution will negate any snake presence, but the minus of this method is its short-term effect.
Naphthalene will be the ideal solution if you need to secure the entrances to your home - small gaps in the walls, sewer pipes, etc.
When working with mothballs, be very careful. naphthalene gas can cause health problems: destruction of red blood cells, jaundice, intestinal problems, and can even cause the formation of cancerous tumors.
It is for this reason that most people prefer to use alternative repellents and traps when fighting reptiles.
As you know, getting rid of the dangerous snakes that have settled in your house is a rather laborious task. But, a good start is already half the battle, so you need to know where to start fighting reptiles.
To get started, as you should inspect all the vents in the basement of your home. If you notice that there are holes that exceed 1 cm, then you need to seal them. Never leave, in the hope that the snakes themselves will leave the house, the doors open - this will not lead to any effect.
If you find a snake's nest or snake in the basement, then never try to cope on your own, unless, of course, you do not have the necessary knowledge and sufficient experience. Remember that the most poisonous snakes will live only in the garden, and the most problematic snakes will be the smallest. So, how to get rid of snakes in the basement?
Never take a snake in your hand if you are not 100% sure that the snake is not poisonous and not dangerous.
Sealing. Go around your entire house in a circle - your goal is to find everything, even small holes, close to the ground - these are reptilian entry points into your basement. As soon as you find all these holes, immediately repair them.
Easily accessible products. Food attracts snakes to the house. Make sure you put all pet food in a tightly closed container. When there is no food - it makes no sense to stay in the house.
Of all the above options - calling a specialist - the best solution to the problem of snakes in the house. A snake in a house is not the same as a snake in a garden. In the latter case, you can safely try any solutions to combat them, because the snake is far away from the place where you sleep and rest.
How to eliminate snakes in the garden or kitchen garden and how to prevent them from entering the house
As already mentioned in this article: snakes are constantly looking for new places, where there is a lot of available food for them - mostly insects and rodents.
As soon as all food sources are eliminated, reptiles will leave your territory in search of food for themselves.
Methods for dealing with reptiles in the garden plots:
- Pest control. This is probably the way to get rid of snakes that live around your house. Simply destroy all insects, rodents and worms, thereby depriving the snakes of food. This method in practice has proven its effectiveness and duration of the result.
- Naphthalene. Another effective method. Surround your house with mothballs and you will soon see results. However, do not use naphthalene where children or pets can get to it.
- Pruning plants. Try to cut the trees around the house - many snakes are able to move from tree to roof of the house, and from there straight into the house. It is also worth remembering that in the surrounding forests there can be many species of snakes that are dangerous to humans.
- Sulfur. If you need a method with the fastest effect, then buy sulfur powder, gloves and a respirator. Add sulfur lines at doors and other places where snakes can enter. Do not forget to repeat the procedure after each rain.
- Cleaning the territory. Remove stones and lumber from the mountain - they are the natural shelter for rodents. No rodents - no reptiles near the house. It is also important to remove all rubbish from the plot and mow all the tall grass.
Simple ways to fight
Snakes that are on your site are not dangerous for your family and pets, but below are a few steps with which you can get rid of the unpleasant neighborhood.
Cats are a serious threat to many species of snakes. If you encounter a reptile problem, then get yourself a pet.
Find the nest. To get rid of any type of reptile, you should find and destroy their nest. How should inspect the territory to find it. Snakes prefer to build their nests in the most secluded corners - piles of wood and compost, various inconspicuous holes in the ground, etc.
No trash. Want to quickly and effectively get rid of snakes on your site? Then do not accumulate trash on the street. Do you know that such places are perfect for making nests by horrible snakes.
No trash. Keep your site clean and timely remove from it deposits of debris, tree branches and heaps of leaves. Make changes to the landscape to change environmental conditions.
Cut the grass. Do not let the grass grow. It is no secret that snakes adore high grass - this is the habitat of mice, rats, squirrels, crickets and grasshoppers - their main food. To get rid of these terrible reptiles - cut the lawn once a week! Be sure that snakes stay with you for a while.
Remove compost heaps. For what? They are ideal as a shelter for your reptile site. This is the main reason why heaps should be removed from your site.
Build a fence. A fence not higher than a meter in height and made of a small chain-link is a good way to prevent snakes from appearing on your site.
No cool places. Bags, bricks, heaps of branches and overgrown grass - keep it all as far as possible from your home and the problem of snakes will never touch you.
These natural, natural methods will give you a sense of relief, unfortunately, not for long. In order for these methods to have a lasting effect, they should be carried out on an ongoing basis and then the problem of snakes will never arise. Try all the methods and decide which one is perfect for you.
How to frighten and drive the snakes from the dacha?
Few people are ready to meet the snake at their summer cottage, because these reptiles do not belong to the pests that gardeners, who defend the ripening fruits of their labor, have to deal with every year.
Therefore, it is not surprising that when snakes are found, many summer residents panic and get lost, not knowing how to repel this attack. In fact, everything is not as scary as it seems, but to get rid of an uninvited guest will succeed by following the following tips and recommendations.
Humane methods of struggle
When they first meet the new “neighbor”, most gardeners try to use all available means to destroy the snake, but it is better to postpone such drastic measures.
Secondly, the fight with a poisonous snake risks failing, and everyone knows about the possible consequences of snake bites from school.
For starters, you can use humane methods of struggle that will help scare off the snake and force it to change its place of deployment.
To repel snakes you need:
- Keep the dacha clean, regularly mowing high grass and not cluttering the terrain with slate and logs, which often become the habitat of snakes.
- Apply herbicides or diesel, scattering rags soaked in them throughout the site. It has long been observed that snakes react extremely negatively to such smells.
- Plant more garlic on the plot, the smell of which deters snakes.
- Spread on the site mustard.
- Use the Chinese bells or similar devices that create a distinctive sound, because snakes never settle near noisy places.
- Install special devices that create vibration. Today, there are many devices to scare away moles and snakes, which can be purchased at any garden equipment store.
- Along the way, to carry out the fight against small rodents and insects, which are the main food for snakes. The disappearance of the food supply will force the snake to go in search of more favorable habitat conditions.
- Use anti-repellents that emit a strong odor that frightens snakes. In addition, as part of some drugs are components that can impede the movement of snakes. Repellents are sold in powder form, which should be dispersed throughout the area.
Many are wary of this method because of the fear of pets. But there is no reason for concern, because the composition is absolutely safe for animals and this information can be found when studying the instructions for use.
How to destroy the snakes on the site?
Snakes are rather stubborn reptiles that are not so easy to get rid of. Everything becomes much more complicated if the snake not only chose the site, but also managed to lay eggs. In this case, you can be sure that she will defend her home to the last.
But not everyone is ready to rely on outside help. More often, people tend to destroy the snakes with the use of all available tools, including shovels, boards, bricks and any sticks.
Of course, fighters for the preservation of flora and fauna will not approve such a method, but sometimes the snakes stay in the plots is extremely dangerous and their extermination is simply necessary (for example, if small children are constantly playing in the country house).
But here it is important to know one thing. During the death of the snake emits specific substances, the smell of which can attract a considerable number of its fellows. In this regard, the dead snake should immediately be taken away from the dacha and take care of preventive measures, represented by spraying of anti-repellents.
Do not forget about precautions
Regardless of the choice of measures to combat snakes in the country, for the period of "living together" it is important to remember the precautions. When meeting with a snake, you do not need to make sharp movements, much less try to catch it.
These reptiles do not belong to predators that threaten directly to humans, and bite snakes only for the purpose of self-defense and when danger is detected.
- the first thing to call an ambulance, emphasizing the need for timely action,
- try to calm down as much as possible and minimize movement, which will slow down the spread of poison throughout the body,
- drink a few glasses of water or juice
- put in the bite ice
- get rid of all the rings on your fingers.
The above tips will help not only get rid of the snakes in the suburban areas, but also to prevent their penetration. Выбирая тот или иной способ борьбы, необходимо помнить, что змеи выступают важным элементом экосистемы и их уничтожение может привести к нарушению природного баланса.
Методы борьбы со змеями: химия, шум и помощь животных
Эти ползучие пресмыкающиеся предпочитают жить в лесах, поэтому только особые условия вынуждают змей покидать насиженные гнёзда и искать другие, более подходящие пристанища. Многое зависит от приусадебного участка – с большой вероятностью эти неприятные гости облюбуют дачи, где:
- there are a lot of insects and small rodents, because they are included in the diet of snakes,
- there are abandoned places where tall grass grows, garbage has been stored for years, etc.
This does not mean that in the well-groomed and well-groomed territory the snakes and vipers will never appear. They can choose as a new home a compost pile, a barn with garden and garden tools, thickets of berry bushes.
Snakes prefer cool and dark places, so they can live under a porch, crawl into a cellar or a corridor. Combat options are the most diverse:
Special preparations. These include mothballs, and nitrate, and ready-made repellents, which are sold in specialized stores. Effective are herbicides, as well as diesel fuel.
Rags moistened with these liquids should be laid out once a month throughout the territory of the site. True, the use of chemistry should be approached carefully: it can easily poison children or animals.
Scarers. These cold-blooded animals feel discomfort when they hear the noise, feeling the vibration. Therefore, you can hang in the garden and in the garden turntables, rattles, bells, plastic bags or foil.
Some owners use special sound scarers. They emit vibratory signals and make the snakes leave their favorite places.
"Hungarian" method, or Operation "Drunk hedgehog." This cute prickly animal behaves modestly only in a sober state, but if it “takes it to the chest” slightly, it is able to fight with snakes. It is believed that the Hungarians were the first to come up with arranging saucer with beer and wine in the backyards, luring hedgehogs.
Hedgehog need not only water, but also regularly feed, so that he does not leave the site. Use the "Hungarian" method if you live in a country house or go there often.
Help a friend. In this case, talking about four-legged comrades - cats and dogs. It is believed that they can endure even a double portion of snake venom. Experienced gardeners assure that German hunting terriers cope with cold-blooded reptiles, which in parallel destroy rats.
Manual extermination. This cardinal way is suitable for fearless owners who are ready to wait for snakes with a shovel at the ready. As a bait, fragrant, ripe strawberries will suit - creeping animals love to feast on them. For safety reasons, shod rubber boots.
Dead animals should be removed from the site with garden tools, removing the top layer of soil. In the same way you should get rid of the old snake skin, found in the garden.
Snakes in the garden: subtle danger
The snake attacks a person only in two cases - if it is frightened or provoked. However, this does not become calmer at all. Not all adults, having heard a suspicious rustling in the bushes near their bare feet, are able to quickly cope with the adrenaline rush, allowing the snake to crawl its way. If we are talking about children, then their meeting with any of the representatives of this species is highly undesirable. After all, a child can get a serious mental trauma from fright, not to mention the deadly danger of a snakebite for a child’s body.
Warning color viper
Reptiles are predominantly nocturnal, which complicates their detection and identification. However, the presence of snakes in the area for an experienced eye is always noticeable. Their main food - rodents, which are found very often. Therefore, if no one eats gardenery crops planted by you, there are no hedgehogs in the vicinity of the dacha, and you yourself do not have a cat or a dog, most likely snakes are found on your site. They live in burrows, which they prefer to dig in the marshy, shaded vegetation and on that always cool and slightly damp soil. In addition, snakes periodically shed their skin. Its remains, which are called “creeps,” can be found in their habitats and migrations - in thick grass, bushes, close to water bodies and rivers, in areas with high soil moisture, etc.
The most dangerous time in terms of meeting with the snake fraternity is the beginning-middle of summer. It was then that the majority of species that are found on the territory of our country, the breeding season begins, and they themselves become very irritable.
If on your summer cottage there are snakes, you should not be especially afraid of them. Their bites are not poisonous, but they themselves fear a person much more strongly, therefore, having seen you, they will most likely try to retreat as soon as possible. Meanwhile, it is quite common for them to manifest their serpentine nature - when there is a danger of contact, they can hiss threateningly, take a “stance”, and even rush to their feet or other parts of the body in order to bite.
Already ordinary: black color and yellow ears
The main food of the snake is lizards, frogs and rodents, and the natural enemies are birds of prey, storks, and some members of the mammal order. The marriage period of the snake falls on April May.
Medyanka, easily recognizable by its characteristic color, loves an open, well-warmed area. It is found in regions covered with deciduous, coniferous or mixed forests, and even knows how to swim, although it does not hunt in water and certainly does not hide from enemies. The fishworm feeds on lizards and other small reptiles, as well as rodents and sometimes insects.
The characteristic color of the mediola
When meeting with a man, the snakes of this breed roll up into a ball and freeze, hiding their heads, although they may well behave aggressively. Copperfish awakens not earlier than April, but mates in late April - early May.
The adder lives in swampy forest areas and transitional zones between rivers or forests and meadows, but for some reason it is a place to be cultivated by man. It is almost impossible to confuse it with another look - a characteristic color with a zigzag strip along the back will tell exactly who you are dealing with.
Viper: it is impossible to make a mistake
Fortunately, the adder has a rather calm character and never attacks for no apparent reason. However, its bite is very poisonous and, in the absence of necessary medical care, it may well lead to very unpleasant consequences.
How to get rid of snakes in the country: humane methods
Killing snakes should not be, and not only because in nature they perform very useful functions. Before death, the reptiles emit a special fragrance, similar to the one with which they attract their relatives for breeding. As a result, others will appear in the area where you killed the snake. Therefore, if this has already happened, it is necessary to urgently take the snake corpse urgently, without touching it with your hands, away from the suburban area. The same applies to the creeps found by you and your loved ones.
The first thing to do in order to get rid of snakes in the country, is cleaning the area. By the way, it is worth doing it regularly, mowing grass and cleaning branches and other garbage. Large boulders should also be carried away from the territory and old stumps, logs and bushes should be removed - the latter form a dense shadow, where, as well as in the coolness under stones and in old wood, snakes love to rest and hunt.
Highlights of cleaning the summer cottage on the photo
If your neighbors appeared at their dachas for a long time, you should remove the thickets and trash for them - the only way you can guarantee the outcome of reptiles away from your site.
Another effective and peaceful way to exorcise snakes is scaring with the help of vibration generators or the same unpleasant ultrasound for them.
Ultrasonic vibration generator for scaring snakes
However, the technique is not able to give an absolute result, so it is better to use folk remedies. So, snakes do not like natural wool, therefore, spreading it around the perimeter of the site, at the doorstep of the cottage and other buildings, and in any other places where the snake can crawl, you have a rather high probability to get them back home.
Reptiles do not tolerate the smell of garlic, so they hurry to quickly leave the territory if you plant this plant in sufficient quantity not only in your garden, but also in areas where their appearance is most likely - around the perimeter of the fence, around shrubs, etc.
Garlic: natural snake repeller
Radical ways to exile snakes
You can drive the serpentine collective from the dacha plot if you exterminate rodents, lizards, frogs and insects. A strong young cat will cope with this, and it will be happy to catch everything that rustles and crawls in the bushes and tall grass, including snakes. You can also get a dog breed yagd terrier. This dog is very difficult in education and care, but he is a real storm of amphibians.
Yagd Terrier: the enemy of snakes №1
There is such a "recipe" from snakes like hedgehogs. They feed on insects and plants, but do not tolerate the presence of reptiles, mercilessly destroying them. The only thing is that hedgehogs are quite difficult to attract, and if they succeed, they must be constantly fed.
The perimeter of the dacha, areas under a shed or a house, and especially under its threshold, can be watered or laid with a rag moistened with nitrate, herbicide or other chemicals. But it can seriously harm your site and significantly reduce the comfort of rest. Hard chemistry has a sharp odor and, if used improperly, can literally burn out everything that it contacts with, excluding the appearance of vegetation in the places of processing for several years.
Ammonium nitrate - the most powerful oxidizer
Snakes are terribly afraid of high temperatures and smell a flame and a burning smell per kilometer. But burning grass, rubber and other materials based on petroleum products at the dacha is quite dangerous and harmful to the ecology of the site decision. Much less damage will result in hanging on the site bells, small wind turbines or rattles. Only here the sounds that they make will irritate you more, and as soon as you remove them, the snakes will come back.
Snakes make their nests in compost pits, manure heaps, in clusters of garden trash or inside old rotten stumps. If you find out in any case, do not try to destroy the serpentine lair yourself - let the professionals who are well prepared to meet with the venomous representatives of the snake kingdom do this.
What to do when meeting a snake and a snake bite?
Regardless of what you did to drive the snakes out of the dacha, the guarantees that they will not return by the next spring-summer season are rather weak. What to do if the probability of meeting with amphibians in the territory of your yard, kitchen garden, garden or the areas adjacent to the cottage is still high?
Meeting with a snake at the dacha fence
In this case, your responsibilities in the field of housekeeping should include:
- Teaching children and other households to take action that nullifies the risk of a chance meeting, and if so, the possibility of direct contact.
- Mandatory sealing of gaps and holes in the floor and other building structures of the country house and outbuildings.
- Treatment of old snake holes with naphthalene.
- Deceit and capture of snakes for the purpose of their subsequent release into the wild, away from the dacha.
- The organization of the country first-aid kit with a set of medical devices and drugs for first aid in case of snake bite.
- Arrangement of canopies, woodsheds and other outbuildings so that their design excludes the possibility of penetration and hidden dislocation of snakes.
- Acquisition of high rubber shoes and thick protective clothing for work on the site, in particular, in the thickets and on wetland or damp ground.
- Regular prevention of the site through the treatment of problem areas and the perimeter of agricultural or specialty chemicals, ash or other scaring agents.
Country first-aid kit: first aid for snake bites
If you are still bitten by a poisonous snake, remember that independent attempts to neutralize the poison can have far worse consequences than intoxication itself. Therefore, in this situation, it is necessary to immediately immobilize the victim and call the ambulance brigade, or deliver it to the first-aid post on their own.
First aid for snake bites
Before the arrival of the doctor, a cold compress should be applied to the site of the bite, rings and other decorations should be removed, as well as garments that, in the case of edema, can impede circulation.
Where do snakes come from in the country
Despite the fact that we do not live in an exotic country, and cottages are not tropical jungles, stuffed with pythons and boas, for many dacha plots the invasion of snakes becomes a truly huge problem. If earlier they appeared only in places closely located to forests and marshes, then due to forestry and drainage of marshes, snakes are forced to adapt and look for new areas for life. In addition, when taking out wood, snakes fall into regions that are atypical for them and are developed where people do not expect them at all. Dacha plots could not be more suitable for snake dwelling - warm, damp, compost heaps, garbage pits, gardens with rhizomes of trees, sheds with inventory, all these places are an ideal refuge and nest.
Important! Most snakes are nocturnal animals, so most often they can be encountered in the evening or early in the morning. It is easy to detect the presence of snakes from the remnants of skin discarded during shedding, to the sudden disappearance of rodents.
From the beginning of summer to the middle of the snake, they become especially aggressive and dangerous, since this is the time of mating games, breeding, breeding.
Getting rid of snakes: create conditions that are not suitable for their lives
As soon as there is a suspicion that in the area of the snake, you should take a closer look at the corners that the sun warms up well, this may be a shelter for the snake. As a safety measure, it is better to wear rubber boots to avoid being bitten. The most frequent guests cottages:
In order for snakes not to take a fancy to your site, it is necessary to remove it properly to exclude all opportunities to hide - pieces of slate, boards, fallen branches, any other trash. The snake lives where it has food, shelter and a place for the nest. It is necessary to mow grass in time (lawn mower noise is also an excellent remedy for snakes, because they hate noise), keep track of compost heaps and arrange them away from living quarters.
What tools to use to effectively fight snakes
There are several ways to get rid of snakes.
- Traps. Snakes lure on warm milk, strawberries and other bait, someone kills, which is not humane, but effective, someone prefers to catch and release away in the forest.
- There are chemical compounds that contain toxic substances.
- Destructive animals, domestic and wild, those for whom snakes do not pose a danger, and which in natural conditions hunt them, being their predatory enemies.
Animals in the fight with snakes
- Jerzy. They can be brought from the forest, lured with the help of milk (but snakes love it too). In addition to snakes, hedgehogs destroy toads, mice, rats, even moles. Some practice the “Hungarian way” - pour a hedgehog with some wine or beer in a saucer, then the predator will turn into a “terminator” for snakes.
- Cats also hunt snakes, their bodies are not very susceptible to snake venom. But cats have a habit of “boasting” of prey in front of their owners, so you should not be surprised if a striped friend puts the killed trophy in the most prominent place.
- Dogs of special breeds (for example, jagdterrier) also fight with snakes. They are bred with certain features that help them track down and destroy prey. But they are also quite aggressive towards people, so you need to have a muzzle in readiness.
Oddly enough, snakes do not like animal hair, it can help eliminate creeping. Natural strands are laid out in places where snakes are supposed to live, where they may have nests or a rookery. It will take a little time and the snakes will leave the site forever.
Folk remedies and formulations for snake control
Since snakes are sensitive to smells, you can scatter dry mustard on the territory or plant more garlic. It is also advised to remove all skin from the site after the molting of snakes, because they return to the old places and live where they left their skin. By the smell of the snake determines this place, but you should not take up the skins with your hands, so as not to attract the snake with your own smell.
If you burn grass on a plot, snakes are unlikely to come there - they can't stand the smell of burning. Some practice burning old tires or ash. As odorous repellents can be used amofosku, herbicides, naphthalene, saltpeter.
Snakes in the country: photo
- How to deal with powdery mildew on petunias
- Spring cares about the garden. Treatment of diseases and pests: spraying, whitewashing
- Green and black aphid: how to deal with pests on cherries
- Scab of apple and pear: how to overcome a fungus without chemistry
We got rid of snakes with a repeller, took EcoSniper ls-107, he quickly drove them away.
How to get rid of snakes using folk remedies
Most often, the dacha plots visit snakes, coppers and snakes. Они безопасны для взрослых и детей, но всё же могут укусить, проявляя агрессию в ответ на такие же действия человека. Да и сама по себе неожиданная встреча со змеёй может вызвать панику и оставить неприятные ощущения, особенно у ребёнка. Всё гораздо серьёзнее, если на участке появились гадюки – нынче это тоже не редкость. Укус этих ползучих может быть смертельным, поэтому уж от них-то нужно точно избавляться навсегда.
Народные методы борьбы со змеями предлагают:
- Scatter dry mustard throughout the site (per 1 hectare - 1 kg).
- Plant garlic in different places, the smell of which snakes also do not tolerate.
- Spill around the perimeter of the cottage kerosene, diluted with cold water. Proportion - 1: 2.
- Burn an old car tire.
- Spread natural wool or products from it in those places where snakes can theoretically appear.
To prevent your site from attracting reptiles, you need to enclose it with a good fence and regularly mow grass near it. It should promptly get rid of mice and frogs that snakes feed on. We should not forget about regular cleaning: the less cluttered places in the country, the lower the probability that you will have to fight with cold-blooded creeping enemies.
Where do snakes come from in the garden plots
Efficient, comfortable and sooooo fast. When you need to lose 3-4 pounds per week. Read more here.
The residence of creeping reptiles is forests and woodlands. Until recently, snakes appeared very rarely near the dwelling or, especially, within the city. But technological progress and the woodworking industry are massively developing, so their place of residence is destroyed. In this regard, the snakes have to look for a new place of residence.
In the usual residential or summer cottage there are many convenient places where snakes will feel comfortable:
- A garbage, cesspool, or compost pit is a good place for a mammal to live. Here it is warm, humid and calm, you can live and equip the nest for breeding.
- Big roots become a good home for vipers and their family.
- Barns and storage places for inventory are also suitable for nesting.
- Often snakes get to the dacha plots with imported materials.
Important! One of the signs of the appearance of snakes will be the disappearance of rodents. They can also be calculated from the remnants of the skin that they emit during periods of molting.
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
Snakes lead their livelihoods at night, so they can face them late in the evening or early in the morning.
Live on suburban areas more often:
Although everyone, except the vipers, does not represent harm to people, they are not particularly pleasant, so meeting with them will not bring much joy.
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
Vipers are dangerous. Their bite is deadly. That is why it is necessary to know how to get rid of them once and for all. This question is important and relevant, so we will discuss the most effective methods of struggle.
Means to effectively fight snakes
There are several options for getting rid of reptiles:
- Traps. Snakes are lured to strawberries, fresh milk and more. Some, luring them into a trap, get rid of them forever. Killing the exit is not entirely humane, but effective. Others caught snakes prefer to let out away from home, in the environment of their natural habitat.
- Poisons and chemicals. There are certain substances that also affect poisonous animals like poison. This is naphthalene, solarium or herbicides.
- Animals that hunt snakes, wild pets, can help in the fight.
- Scarers. There are some devices that scare off snakes with ultrasound or vibrational vibrations.
One of such devices is “Typhoon Antismei”. Its distinctive features are a large frequency range, which vary in the range from 200 Hz to 600 Hz, which prevents pests from getting used to. The second feature is that it helps in the fight against moles, shrews and bears. But this device does not give one hundred percent result.
Watch the video! How to behave when meeting with a viper
Animals that can fight snakes
- Jerzy. They destroy the snakes, as well as help get rid of toads, rats and moles. They can be brought from their habitat and settled in a garden plot or tried to lure with milk. But remember that snakes love milk too. There is a method that has the name "Hungarian." When beer or wine is poured into a hedgehog saucer. Then hedgehogs acquire special "superpowers."
- Cats. They are not particularly afraid of snake venom, so they periodically hunt snakes. Just do not forget that cats love to bring trophies home to show the owners. So do not scold strictly, there is a shaggy friend who will bring a defeated enemy to the show.
- Dogs of certain breeds (jagdteriere). They are trained specifically to hunt down and destroy prey. But with such dogs it is necessary to keep your ears open, they show aggression towards people.
What to do if the snake is bitten
- Be sure to remember that the bite does not cauterize, do not pierce and do not pinch the braid.
- It is necessary to reduce the concentration of poison in the blood, for this it should be sucked out. This should be done in the first 10 minutes. If you suck up poison with your mouth, you must spit it out, and then rinse your mouth with a solution of potassium permanganate or water. When the edema has already appeared at the site of the bite, suction should be stopped.
- Take allergy medication (suprastin, zodak).
- The victim is placed horizontally and motionless.
- The antidote should be administered within 60 minutes, in no case later. During transport, the bitten part of the body must remain immovable.
Although there are few pleasant snakes in the neighborhood, they are important for the ecosystem. If they decide to settle on the site, it is better to get rid of them with humane methods. It is necessary to organize the conditions that they will not be pleasant, then the snake will find another place of residence. It will be more humane and more effective than killing them.
Watch the video! How to get rid of snakes