Why plant wild grapes if there is barely enough space on the plot for varietal, cultural? This question disappears by itself when a hedge of primordial wildness and power, which has enough strips of land near the fence, to shelter the roots, appears to the eye. And nothing more - no room for growth, no soil fertility.
However, a large section, the division into zones by pergolas and walls of climbing crops is even more necessary. And wild grapes for this purpose is most welcome.
Characteristics and description of wild grapes
In the wild grapes conquers at first sight leaf beauty. In the summer they are deep green, in the spring and in the fall they are all shades of red (from pale and dark pink to maroon).
They are the main tool for assault on the peaks, because the wall of leaves is holding tightly to all the significant mass even on an absolutely smooth vertical wall.
Different types and varieties of wild grapes are whipped out over the season up to 5 meters or more, the total length of the shoots can reach more than one ten meters. Landscapers are widely used for decorating the facades of residential buildings and other buildings.
Girlish grapes as a gazebo decoration
The draping of imitations of castles, as well as pergolas, arbors and other landscape gardening constructions is no exception.
Wild grape varieties to plant on the fence
The culture is a deciduous liana of liana with all the distinctive and useful qualities characteristic of the Vinogradov family.
- Leaves Pyatispecific (virginian) type of maiden grapes are finger-composite, of five leaf plates with a leathery glossy (but not glossy) surface and serrate-toothed edge. Each leaf plate of an oval shape is connected in the center with a common petiole. Therefore, in the period of leaf fall, the leaf disappears from the shoot either entirely or segment-by-segment.
- Have Triostra (Ivy) type of leaf blades whole. Deep cuts cut through the plate incompletely, making it look like a three-toed footprint of a waterfowl with narrow membranes.
The flowers of both species are collected in loose brush, small, pyatilepestkovye, the color of tea with milk or lighter, not of aesthetic value. But during the flowering period, bees continuously circle around the wall of girlish grapes, creating an atmosphere of comfort and peace around them.
At the end of the summer, black berries are tied up with a bluish “foggy” bloom - a loose brush is formed. Tart taste berries, inedible for humansbut loved by birds.
Sometimes, on the plot, wild grapes appear suddenly and from nowhere. This birds sow the seeds around. But more often it is planted consciously for beauty and benefit.
Any kind of beauty is suitable for beauty. Especially decorative is the girl’s grape variety.Star shovers"With a marble white and green color of leaves, at the end of the season changing to a mosaic of different shades of pink and red.
As for the benefits, the wild varieties are indispensable for weaving fences that go out into the street with heavy traffic.
Such a wall protects:
- from dust and wind,
- from the noise
- from someone else's annoying curiosity.
And absolutely no matter what land is under the fence - Any culture will do.
Especially beautiful Star Shawers
The grapes are full of primitive wildness, vitality and power. Therefore has low fertilizer requirements: not fed - will provide itself. And so much so that without limiting pruning, spreading along the surface of the earth and rooting, is able to capture a huge space.
How and when to plant - in spring or autumn
To plant wild grapes are suitable both spring and autumn. The question of lighting is not fundamental, but in a sunny place the foliage is thick and colored brighter.
- Liana will increase the mass - and the old support will collapse under it. Therefore, it should create a strong frame or use a dried tree with the same potion. Liana does not hurt a living tree, but it will reach the roof along the growing one near the house and fit under it.
- It is important to immediately approve the border, within which the bushes grow - a strip for which the shoots and roots should not be allowed.
Spending time planting seeds is not worth it. In the new place it is better to use 3-5 buds, if you wish to extend the liana further - make a cutting in the right direction, prikopav lashes and leaving the top.
Cutting the semi-woody cuttings or offspring of the roots, they are placed in the groove for planting or reproduction into the groove about 2 cm at a distance of about 1m, poured over the earth and slightly trampled it, generously watered. Pre-rooting in the water is unnecessary.
For 1-2-year-old seedlings, a layer of drainage and a couple of handfuls of ash or superphosphate are poured at the bottom of the planting fossa. Then - abundant watering.
Further care is to:
- preventing the soil from drying out,
- podsypaniya soil over bared roots,
Even the first wintering virgin grapes tolerates well, when frosting grows easily.
Watering developed plants need only drought, rather 10 liters per bush no more than 3-4 times per season. There is no need to apply additional fertilizing after planting; if desired, it can be mixed into the soil of furnace ash in autumn.
Timely pruning is one of the main elements of wild grape care.
Both varieties mold and other diseases are not susceptible. In case of infestation by aphids (an extremely rare phenomenon), it is flushed from the leaves with a powerful jet of a hose or sprayed with greens with a ready-made insecticide.
Departure after disembarkation
Question haircuts-trimming - the main care for grapes-savage. Freed, he will be a scourge not only for the owners, but also for the dacha neighbors, having no idea what bans are.
In the planting season, “admonition” is necessary - patient towards lumbering shoots with a curious mustache in the right direction: on the grid or frame. Everything growing down rises, reaching at stubborn refusal to cling - tied up.
By force, the antennae torn off from the wrong place again will not stick, therefore it is more expedient to remove the shoot, or use it to breed.
The general principle of forming is overshoot or overshoot. A kidney is selected from which the growth of the lash should continue, and the cut is made at a height of not more than 5 mm from it.
When the grounds and the body of the hedge are formed, only the pruning of excess branches and spring pruning performed throughout the season remain; this is a question of hygiene of the shrub.
Fear of ruining grapes by an overly radical haircut is groundless — even if cut off “on a stump”, it will grow thanks to the powerful and numerous fan-spreading roots. Therefore, to start a culture is much easier than to get rid of it.
Parthenocissus sleeps for a long time, and after winter it is just a grid of bare, densely intertwined “wires” next to the prettier, already green neighbors. But, since the end of April, it is rapidly becoming overgrown, trimmed with care and care, it is the best decoration for the performance, called country life or vacation in a country villa.
The second name of the wild grapes - girl, because to obtain fruit does not require pollination. In the autumn, most varieties of leaves turn into burgundy or red colors with different shades.
The advantages include the absence of diseases and resistance to severe frosts.
For planting grapes does not require special soil and place, grows well both in the sun and in the shade. But in order to grow a lush and elegant bush, it is important to follow tips on proper reproduction and quality care.
There are many varieties of wild grapes, but The most popular ones are the following:
- Pyatispecific. The variety is presented in the form of a large climbing vine, about 20 meters in size. During flowering small greenish flowers appear, collected in color umbrellas with blue or black fruits. At the expense of special antennae, on which are suckers and forks, its whips are tightly attached to the surface of the support. This variety is unpretentious and shade-tolerant. Can easily survive any transplant, tolerates frosts. In a year it grows by 2-3 meters.
- Trio. The leaves of this variety are three-lobed, triangular and heart-shaped. Can create flat thick coatings. In spring, the foliage is dominated by green colors, and in autumn the leaves turn red-orange. For the year can grow by 2.5 meters. During frosts, it can withstand temperatures as low as -15 ° C, so this variety is best grown in southern or middle places.
There are several ways to grow a plant:
- With the help of seeds. It is necessary to plant seeds in the fertile and friable earth 2 centimeters deep. It is preferable to begin this process in the autumn or spring period, since in winter, before planting itself, it will be necessary to first harden the seeds. To do this, soak the grape seeds in cold water and keep them for 7 days in the refrigerator, wrapped in a cloth beforehand. In February, you can begin to grow seeds in a pot. They will ascend in 20 days, and it is possible to replace them in open ground only in May.
- With the help of cuttings. You need to take a woody stalk with three healthy green buds, cut it into 25 cm and plant in loose soil at an angle of 7-10 cm, leaving two buds above the ground. After the cuttings are planted, it is necessary to water them until the grapes grow. From one cutting to another, a distance of 1-1.5 meters must be maintained. In just a few years, the grapes will fill all the empty space. This method of reproduction of grapes is effective because the cuttings are well acclimatized not only in the autumn and spring season, but also in the summer.
- With the help of root scions. The resulting processes at the base of the grapes can easily be separated from the main plant and planted in the soil.
- With the help of otvodka. To do this, use wire to bind the stems to the soil in those places where there are knots, sprinkle a little earth on top and water the plant until the roots start to form from the buds. In the spring, the plant must be dug out, disconnect the young saplings from the roots and plant them.
Planting and care
Since for this plant the place where it will grow does not matter, you need to remember about lighting. It further depends on the color of the leaves. If the grapes grow in direct sunlight, the leaves will be orange or purple, and if in the shady zone, then most likely the leaves will remain green. Therefore, choosing the light when planting grapes, you can think in advance about the future color of the leaves.
You can plant grapes in the interval from the beginning of the spring season and until the end of the autumn, as at any time it will take root well. But experts advise starting to engage in planting in the period from late September to early October. In this case, you can get a greater chance that the plant will adapt and in the next year will begin to bear fruit.
For planting plants, you can use any soil that has been cultivated. If this is not available, then you need to dig up the holes for planting, about 60 * 60 cm in size, put the 15-centimeter drainage to the bottom of the hole and sprinkle it all with soil mixed with sand.
When planting a plant for the final place, it must be remembered that the support must be prepared in advance so that the grapes have room to grow.
Saplings, which are already 2 years old, are not recommended to be transplanted, they, of course, will be able to settle down, but separation from the primary support will lead to the fact that the grapes can no longer curl.
Basic rules of care
Caring for grapes can be limited only to irrigation during drought and cutting off excess branches. However, in order to decorate the yard with a lush grape bush, you need to create the most favorable environment.
When caring for wild grapes, consider the following points:
- You need to water the grapes in moderation. After the plant is planted, it is very important to maintain a moist soil in the first week. It is believed that this will help the plant to take root faster. During the whole season, it is necessary to water the plant about 3-4 times with the calculation of about 10 water for each plant. In hot summer, it is advisable to arrange watering in the early morning or late evening, it is important to monitor the ground and to prevent complete drying. With the beginning of the summer season, when the grapes will begin active growth, it is recommended to use a special set of fertilizers.
- Throughout the summer, you need to loosen the soil and fill it, if the root begins to appear. Cyclically remove the weeds that appear.
- During the spring period, when the grapes are still dormant, you need to cut off the dried and weakened branches.
To properly form the grapes should consider a few tips:
- It is necessary to fix the young shoots on the support, and only then you can send them in the right direction.
- It is recommended to perform sanitary pruning (remove a weak or damaged shoot).
- It is advisable to pinch the top of the stem, so that the plant is still thicker.
2 years after planting, shoots may begin to appear in the follicle. The density and pomp of the bush depends on their appearance. It is possible to increase the number of shoots by cutting the grape in the spring. If you remove most of the shoot, the viability of the loaches will not deteriorate, they will simply grow in a different direction and eventually reach the same size.
If you want to have a landscaped loggia, grape lashes should be allowed on the wall of the house and cut the stepson until the grapes reach the desired level. Then, right from the territory of the loggia, you can remove shoots to increase the green mass.
In the spring, you should start cleaning dried branches and shortening long shoots. Formative pruning is recommended to spend in the summer, and in the fall again tie up the regrown shoots, so that the wind could not break them.
Tips from experienced gardeners
Gardeners, who have been engaged in growing the plant for a long time, have formed a number of tips:
- Metal, stone, brick surface is the best support for wild grapes. A wooden support is not recommended, because after 3 years the plant becomes rather heavy and covers the entire wooden surface. In this case, it can be in a damp state for a long time, which will lead to rotting and a broken support.
- If the seedling was planted in the autumn period, then it must be covered for the winter season, so that it can successfully endure severe frosts.
- Germinated in individual pots of plants, it is desirable to bury 15 cm deeper, unlike those that were grown in the same pot.
Wild grapes on the fence
In order to beautifully decorate the fence with grape leaves, first of all you need a strong structure. The reliability of the support depends on how long the green fence can decorate the site. The most suitable varieties include Amur grape saplings: Clematis, Syndicate and Primorsky. These varieties do not require additional care, you can do only cutting and watering.
With the help of unpretentious plants and reliable support, you can portray an incredible composition, even in a small area. Choosing a place for landing, you need to pay attention to the light and good ventilation. Poisonous berries should be as far as possible from fruit trees and vegetables.
If the idea is a tightly closed fence, grapes should be planted at a distance of one meter from each other. But placing the seedlings at a distance of more than 1 meter, in a few years with the help of layering bush can be made even thicker, while planting in the bare places cuttings.
Making a green fence is according to this plan:
- you need to clear the place where you plan to plant grapes from garbage,
- should feed the top layer of soil,
- plant seedlings at a sufficient distance from each other,
- to form bushes twice a year, and to cut off excess ones,
- poor soil should be fertilized twice a year.
Fertilizers for strengthening the roots You can do it yourself, while saving time and money. And herbicides will help to strengthen the stems and protect the leaves from insects. It is impossible to transplant such grapes.
In conclusion, it can be noted that there is nothing difficult in cultivating wild grapes, and even a novice can cope with this matter. Thanks to simple care and frequent pruning, food is provided for the plant, and for humans harmless life with a chic green area.
origin of name
The girlish grape grows wild in Asia and North America. Translated from the Greek, Parthenocissus means "virgin ivy." The fruits of this plant are tied without pollination, hence the unusual name. Decorative types of perennial lianas began to be used in landscape design since the 17th century, decorating buildings in parks and manors.
Pyatinuclear, or Virginia grapes
This species was introduced to us from North America. His shoots reach 20 meters. Young reddish shoots become green with age. The leaves are complex, consist of elongated ten-centimeter leaves with a pointed top. Лицевая часть листа темно-зелёная, оборотная сторона чуть светлее, слегка сизоватая.Umbrellas, inflorescences, collected from three or four small flowers, form dark blue berries.
Virgin grapes unpretentious, durable, frost-resistant. Propagated by sprouts, seeds and layering. He is not afraid of disease and pests. It has several decorative varieties:
Triostrenic or ivy-shaped grapes
The homeland of this species is the Far East. Grape leaves completely different in shape reach a width of up to 20 cm. The bright red color of leaves in spring is replaced by yellowish-brown in autumn. Small and unattractive inflorescences form bluish-black fruits. Liana is well fixed on the support due to the huge number of antennae with suckers. Triostrenny grapes - good protection from the smoky air. Can withstand slight frosts.
The most common forms of the form:
Girlish grapes: the subtleties of planting and care
The girlish grape grows quickly when planted in fertilized soil in a well-lit area. The bushes of girlish grapes growing on the south side of the house change the color of foliage to purple in autumn and form beautiful clusters of berries.
Grapes can be planted before winter or plan to plant in the spring. When planting girlish grapes, it is necessary to observe the distance from seedlings to a support of one meter and not to plant a vine closer than one meter to other bushes or trees.
How to transplant girlish grapes in spring
Girlish grapes tolerate transplant well. If you suddenly need to plant already growing vines in another place, perform the work in the following order:
- Pick up a place for transplanting and dig a hole across the width of the root system of the bush, but a little deeper.
- They arrange drainage from rubble, expanded clay or crushed brick with a layer thickness of 15–20 cm.
- A layer of sand is poured on the drainage to approximately 20 cm.
- The pit is half filled with soil.
- The prepared pit should stand for two weeks to thicken the soil.
- A grape bush is dug, after cutting the lash.
- An earth lump is placed in a hole and covered with soil, leaving the root collar of the bush above the surface.
- The bush is watered and compacted ground.
In order for the grapes to settle down, you can add Kornevin to the soil.
How to care for girlish grapes
It is not difficult to care for the girl's grapes. You just need to cut the shoots and water the plant during the dry season. In order for the vine to become lush and high, you need to create a grape more favorable conditions for growth, namely:
- The grapes are watered once a month at the rate of 1 bucket of water per plant, weed and loosen the ground.
- Very often, the girl's grapes in the process of growth exposes the root system. therefore, it is necessary to timely pour the ground under the plant and spud a little.
- The stem of the vine is better to mulch grass, peat or rotted leaves.
How to feed the girlish grapes in spring
Girlish grapes do not need regular feeding, the plant lacks the nutrients that were planted during planting. It is advisable to apply fertilizers if it is necessary to ensure accelerated growth of the vine.
Grapes are fed in late spring and mid summer. At this time, fertilizers are better absorbed by the plant. Nitroammofosku (50 g. Per 1 sq. M.) Or Kemira-Universal fertilizer (100 g. Per 1 sq. M.) Are introduced into the soil.
The formation and pruning of girlish grapes
Active growth of grape shoots begins in the third year after planting. Of great importance is the correctness of the formation of the skeleton of a plant. It is necessary to determine the area on which the crown of grapes will be placed. Scourge sent in the right direction and secured on a support. This must be done while the whips are still young. Green shoots obediently take any form.
When the skeleton of the vine is created, all that remains is to control the growth of the shoots and to trim the crown. The cut is made over a healthy kidney with a garden pruner. In spring, creepers undercut fallen branches, remove damaged whips and excess shoots. In the summer, if the grapes begin to grow too actively, they process the vine once more, cutting off the excess shoots and shortening the lash of the grapes.
Pruning grapes makes the foliage of vines thicker, and leaves are larger.
This method can be applied during the entire growing season, from early spring to mid-autumn.
Propagation by cutting is carried out as follows:
- Choose a suitable whip. It should be lignified.
- Then cut it into pieces with a length of 15 cm. The stalk must have at least three buds, from which the roots will grow.
- When planting, the first node is buried in the soil and put a support.
- The plant is watered regularly and shielded from drafts.
Rooting of cuttings of lianas placed in a peat-clay substrate is especially effective
Reproduction by layering
The easiest breeding option. This method is especially suitable for gardeners who cannot visit their site daily to regularly water the cuttings.
Reproduction by layings is done in the following order:
- Dig a shallow trench.
- Choose a grape shoot about 3 meters long.
- Escape, not separating from the old vine, placed in the furrow.
- Pin the branch to the ground at the level of nodules with leaves.
- Scourge covered with soil, leaving the leaves on top.
- Furrow shed water.
Reproduction by layering is suitable if it is not possible to provide regular watering.
Photo Gallery: examples of decorating buildings
This perennial liana is good as a groundcover. In areas where it is impossible to break an ordinary lawn, girlish grapes will create a beautiful and dense covering. The plant will not be prevented by uneven rocky surface and poor soil. Even with a lack of daylight, all the decorative qualities of girlish grapes will manifest.
Decorative and elegant carpet girlish grapes will create amazingly fast, without requiring virtually no care
To create a thick coating on the soil, seedlings are placed at a distance of one meter from each other. Under the green carpet will not grow weeds. It will not prevent other large plants, if you do not allow the lashes to spread beyond the boundaries of the allotted area.
If you plant the cuttings twice as often, the area will drag on the grapes faster.
In addition to the excellent decorative qualities, the advantages of the girl's grapes include:
- The ability to grow on any soil.
- Easy breeding in different ways.
- Rapid buildup of green mass.
- The ability to protect the walls of houses from adverse environmental conditions.
- Resistance to diseases and pests.
The disadvantages of the maiden grape is the aggressiveness of its roots, which extend a few meters around the trunk. The growth of the girl's grapes must be constantly monitored: remove excess shoots and cut off the whip. Heavily grown grapes can take a lot of care, because it is difficult to remove from the site.
Get rid of thickets in the following sequence:
- Cut off or cut off all the shoots of the plant.
- Cut down the main stem of the plant.
- Scourge is separated from the support.
- Shoots, stem and roots burned.
- When new shoots appear, leaves are treated with a herbicide, for example, Roundup.
To completely get rid of girlish grapes will need at least two years of struggle with the shoots of the plant.
When planting a girl's grapes should be very responsible approach to the choice of support under the vine. Only a monolithic brick, concrete or wood wall is suitable for growing.
You can not grow vines in dilapidated buildings. The plant loads the structure, there is a danger of collapse.
Plastered wall is also not suitable as a support. Grapes can fall along with a piece of plaster. Scourge vines, trapped under the roof, can cause its destruction. If the roof is a support for the creeper, then it should not be made of slate or tile, the plant will simply break the sheets.
The girlish grape has a lot of virtues that made it an indispensable part of landscape design. It is used for vertical and horizontal gardening. Liana does not deliver much of a hassle to its owners, if it is timely to trim the lashes and remove excess shoots. Growing and caring for a plant will take quite a bit of time, and the result will be great.
Features of girlish grapes
Photos of this plant can be found on the Internet, however, not everyone knows that it is known by another name - virgin ivy. This can be explained by the fact that it can form fruits without pollination.
The flowers of the plant do not look attractive and are also not edible and fruits. However, for many gardeners girlish grapes are interesting in that it can be very successful use in landscape designMost importantly, it attracts owners of country plots - decorative foliage.
The leaves are finger-shaped and have a bright green color. The first frost causes the foliage to change its original color to a more purple one. However, until winter comes, the country plot will not lose its main decoration, formed by the leaves of red and purple flowers.
It is recommended to plant grapes in the place where nearby there is a vertical supportbecause creepers need a place to grow. Therefore, many people grow it near the fence.
The owner will have to periodically cut the grapes, because in the absence of control to this perennial culture, it will fill all the free space.
Because of this property, girlish grapes are widely used in landscape design, because with its help you can easily hide unattractive outbuildings and hide the raw walls of houses.
Among other advantages of plants is that it contributes to the improvement of the microclimateso can inhibit certain types of pathogens.
Varieties of wild ornamental grapes
The main thing that attracts gardeners is the plant - girlish grapes do not require special care. Therefore, you only need to choose a place for landing, after which it will develop independently.
Such advantages as unpretentiousness and pronounced decorative properties became one of the main reasons why this perennial can often be found in many gardens.
Getting acquainted with the girl's grapes, I must say that he is a representative of the Vinogradov family. It includes 12 species, many of them are found in the countries of Asia and North America.
Despite their few differences, they all got wide use as decoration in landscape design.
Five-spotted girlish grapes. Often this variety is called virgin grapes. In one year, its creepers can reach a height of about 2.5 m. This is enough to cover the thickets with a height of 15 m.
The leaves have a finger complex shape, can reach a length of 10 cm, at the end there is a pointed tip. This grape gets the most pronounced decorative properties in the fall when its foliage turns red.
As a cultivated plant, it began to grow as early as 1622. Therefore, it is not surprising that the photos of this variety can be present both in modern magazines and in paintings from the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.
Triostrenic maiden grapes. This variety is often called ivy-shaped grapes. This can be explained by the fact that its foliage strongly resembles this plant. The leaves of this grape variety are characterized by a three-bladed form.
Shoots can grow in length up to 15–20 m. This grape variety tolerates negative temperatures. Already during the first frosts, noticeable changes occur in the appearance of this variety: instead of the usual color, the leaves acquire red-purple and orange shades.
In this plant, it is customary to distinguish individual varieties with pronounced features. Golden look has leaves adorned with yellow spots. In purple varieties of foliage shimmers dark maroon shades.
Decorative grapes of Vich grapes are also strongly pronounced - its leaves of small size have a shiny surface, and at the time of the first frost they change their usual color to orange.
Preparing for landing
The girlish grape feels good not only in sunny places, but also in the shade. But it should be borne in mind that in the fall, when the first frosts come, girlish grapes acquire the color characteristic of this period of the year.
However, many experts agree that the most suitable for growing this plant is sunny plot.
You can grow wild grapes near a fence or other support from the north side, however, in this case it will not change its green color until the leaves begin to crumble due to the first cold weather.
Growing on the southern and eastern sides of the plot is beneficial in that reproduction takes less time in these areas and leaves grow larger.
You can sow seeds in the fall. As for transplanting seedlings, this work is recommended to plan for the spring. The girlish grapes are not very picky about the quality of the soil.
However, this plant still feels better if it grows on prepared soil mixtures. For its preparation will require the following components:
- 2 pieces of garden land.
- 2 pieces of compost.
- 1 part of sand.
After thoroughly mixing all the ingredients, this compound is filled in the prepared pit for planting the cuttings.
As a rule, only experienced summer residents are engaged in growing wild grapes from seeds. Novices use this breeding method is not recommended not only due to the fact that this process requires a lot of time and effort.
Often, to achieve the desired result is not possible because the seeds used can not ascend. However, in a situation where the gardener has no planting material for breeding, he does not have other alternatives.
Mandatory operation, which must pass the seeds before planting, is stratification. It can be carried out in natural conditions: for this, seeds are sown in the fall into the ground, where they should be hardened during three months.
You can also do this in the spring, however, in this case, the time for sowing is selected 6–7 weeks before the usual sowing time at home:
- It takes a small container, which is filled with clean sand.
- Sand needs to be shed well, and then sow in it the available seeds.
- Then the container must be covered with a film.
- Further, the container must be put in a cold place, for example, in a refrigerator. For the proper conduct of this procedure, it is necessary to provide a temperature within + 5 degrees Celsius.
- During certification, it is necessary to ensure that the sand is constantly wet. So do until such time as they begin to spawn sprouts of seeds.
If the seeds undergo such preparatory treatment in the open field, then already a month after they have been sown, one can wait for the appearance of the first shoots.
Many gardeners choose the method of propagation by cuttings because of the lower labor intensity and time, which have to withstand before obtaining planting material. After cutting their vines placed in open groundwhere they take root pretty quickly.
To obtain high-quality planting material, this work is carried out in the following order:
- reproduction requires cuttings with at least four buds,
- the prepared pit should be placed in such a way that two buds are located above the ground,
- landing must be completed with watering,
- in order to avoid burns it is recommended to protect the bed from direct sunlight,
- good seedlings can be obtained if the soil is constantly moistened.
After receiving the planting material and its transplantation, the main care measures will be reduced to removing excess shoots and installing special supports for the growth of vines.
Although branches can often climb the walls of a building on their own, many gardeners come to their aid, specially installing fencing, for example, a rabbit.
The need for moisture young maiden bushes are experienced only at a young age. Adult bushes have enough moisture, which comes from precipitation and from domestic reserves.
Simplified care for perennials also because the owner does not have to carry out activities for covering up for the winter. However, for young landings this event is mandatory.
For better assimilation of fertilizers, it is recommended to conduct top dressings during watering of grapes. For this you can use nitroammofosku. In order to stimulate the growth of grapes, it is useful to apply complex fertilizers to the soil.
The girlish grape responds well with active growth if measures are taken to improve the quality of the soil. Therefore, in addition to loosening, it is also recommended before planting. to put peat into the soil and humus.
Fertility can be improved if the soil is fertilized with two-year compost. The mulching operation is quite effective, during which sawdust or rotted leaves can be used.
Any country site, as well as a house located on it, can look unusual if you use an original approach to its design. One of these ideas could be the use of girlish grapes.
Это декоративное растение способно формировать длинные побеги, которые могут скрыть любые высокие постройки, создавая эффект эпохи Средневековья.
Естественно, выращивание этого растения предусматривает свои особенности. Particular attention should be paid to young saplings, since they not only require regular watering, but also protection from frost.
However, adult plants are unpretentious, so the owner will only be required pruningif he wants to limit the further spread of the grapes.
We care for the shoots of wild grapes on the fence correctly.
The decorative virtues of girl (wild) grapes allow summer residents to use this plant in landscape design. The most common solution is to plant a vine along a hedge. Many gardeners did not grow wild grapes on the fence, and they do not represent how to plant them. If you belong to this category of gardeners, it's time to do self-education.
The most common solution is to plant wild grapes along the hedge.
Wild creepers are able to quickly braid any structure.
Feel free to plant this plant near the destroyed wall, fence or pergola support beam. Scourge grow to a length of 30 meters and are covered with frequent leaves, giving a thick shadow.
That's just planting wild grapes along the fence, you need to adhere to a certain technology.
Description and varieties of wild grapes
Wild grapes are a perennial plant used by gardeners for ornamental purposes. Such a vine has several varieties. We list the main ones:
Wild grapes are used by gardeners for ornamental purposes.
- "Boston ivy".
The “trio” look is distinguished by low frost resistance, therefore it is not suitable for northern latitudes.
Gardeners recommend landscaping with decorative forms (Engelmanii, Murorom, Hirsuta). These forms grow well, rapidly covering a given area.
They have other useful features:
- Unpretentiousness (moisture and soil composition play a surface role).
- Unobtrusive inflorescences (you can enjoy a smooth green cover).
- Resistance to diseases, pests and autumn frosts.
- A clear orientation (the vine is twisted in the direction in which the host will direct it).
- Effective reproduction.
- Lack of shadow phobia.
The advantages and disadvantages of wild grapes
Unpretentiousness of a plant is its main advantage. Forget about frequent watering, endless clipping and mineral fertilization. The vine grows in the shade and on the north side of the house. In the autumn you can watch a great play of colors.
Growing girlish grapes is easy - in the third year you receive flowers with the first fruits. Berries, of course, inedible, because it is a decorative culture. But with vines you can decorate a dilapidated building or fence. When growing girlish grapes, consider the following points:
- Powerful and extensive root system can cause damage to the foundation of the problem.
- Lianas occasionally hook the roof.
- Without annual pruning you can not do.
- The direction of shoot growth must be controlled.
Grapevine in Landscape Design
“Partenocissus” is the ancient Greek name for the decorative vine. Ivy and virgin plant varieties are found in landscape design more often than others. Here are the most appropriate varieties:
"Partenotsissus" - this is the ancient Greek name for the decorative vine
Expert advice: “Wild vine is ideal for shaping and shading arbors. With the help of "partenocissus" you can decorate the dilapidated walls of collapsing buildings. And wild vineyards are bred both by seed and by stalk ”.
Scourge maiden grapes can be transplanted, sent to complex structures and placed along any fences. Creepers freely braided metal, wood and concrete fences, fit well into the chain-link. The resulting design harbors the dacha from the wind and prying eyes, creates an additional shadow.
Where and when to plant
It now remains to find out where and when to plant wild grapes in accordance with agricultural knowledge. We have already written that an aggressive root system can destroy the foundations of buildings. This should be taken into account when laying the vineyard. Vines growing on the north side of the house have a pale appearance. So the ideal place would be a fence in the south of your site.
Expert opinion: “The powerful roots of the vine stifle the nearest plants. So do not plant fruit trees and fruit bushes next to the vine. This is a sure path to poor yields. ”
Some growers are engaged in planting in the spring, others prefer autumn time (September-October). The second option is preferable for several reasons. of these reasons is the development of frost resistance in the future culture.
The hedge is a budget version of the fence that does not require special financial and time costs. There is little need for planting material (sometimes one “mother” sapling is enough). As a basis the welded trellised fence or a cheap grid the Chain-link will fit. Perform the following set of works:
- Distribute base rods according to the "fan" principle.
- Pinch the tops of the vines to achieve bushiness.
- Berry clusters need to be cut off periodically (otherwise self-seeding litters the adjacent area).
- Remember that the leaves litter the gutters (they need to be cleaned regularly).
Seeds are planted on two sides of the hedge. Adhere to chess order, then you can cover a large area with a vine in a short time. The two-meter fence is completely hidden after a year or two after landing.
The hedge is a budget version of the fence that does not require special financial and time costs.
Grapes on the fence - how to plant correctly
So, we found out that it is better to refinish a fence in the fall. After thinking about how to plant wild grapes, immediately plan your landscape design. It is not recommended to replant two-year bushes, since their branching will be adapted to the old conditions. Here is a typical landing pattern:
- Dig and loosen the soil a week before planting.
- Dig fifty centimeter pits with an interval of one and a half meters.
- Mix the ground selected from the pits with sand and humus.
- Place drainage on the bottom of the hole (pebbles, broken shards or bricks).
- Layer layer of soil mixture back into the pits.
- Place seedlings in the pits.
After landing, the ground must be compacted - this is done with bare hands. Direct the seedling in the right "direction" will help the wire, for which the vine will cling in the future. Young shoots need to be watered regularly.
Caring for wild vines throughout the year
In the spring, pruning of grapes is carried out, frozen and weak whips are removed. Before the beginning of the growing season, the first dressing is carried out, in the middle of summer - the second one. As a fertilizer, you can use "Kemira Universal", aquamarine or nitroammofosku.
In hot weather, the fence needs watering - pour a bucket of water into each bush every week. Get rid of weeds, loosen the soil, cover the bare roots with earth. Watch the growth of the stems: tweak the antennae, tie up the vines. Over time, the load on the support will increase - you have to adjust the mass of the vineyard, removing all unnecessary.
Decorative vineyard needs shelter from frost as much as usual. Constantly care for the plantations, monitor their growth and condition, follow the basic agrotechnical recommendations. With the right approach, you will become the owner of a gorgeous hedge.
Hello to all! Previously, for 6 years, she suffered from herpes. Rashes were every month. From the experience of dealing with the disease I can say the following. Acyclovirosis drugs on pervosti help well, and then the effect of the treatment disappears. It was observed in the medical herpetic center, but the treatment was ineffective. Spent a lot of money and all to no avail.
Having learned about lipstick from herpes, she was skeptical, but still ordered it. Used throughout the week. The first result was felt after 4 days. Now not a hint of herpes! Read the article »> http://cpagetti2.com/4gqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5 Ophthalmologists in shock! Clear eagle vision will return in 5 days, if you use a cheap one ... http://cpagetti2.com/QgqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5 So that the veins do not "burst" and a thrombus does not come off, take it as a rule to smear a simple http on your feet : //cpagetti2.com/jgqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5 If sugar is above 4.5 mol / liter, immediately start eating raw in the morning ... http://cpagetti2.com/GgqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4 / sub5 How do you look at 37 at 63? and just take into the habit of the night ... http://cpagetti2.com/TgqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5 Tortured "fungal" nails? Retired! Do not cut "fungal" nails! They are displayed quickly: take the Soviet, thick ... http://cpagetti2.com/igqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5 Saved her husband from drunkenness in one month Alcohol will no longer ruin your life! 7 days add him to food ... http://cpagetti2.com/bgqV/sub1/sub2/sub3/sub4/sub5
Girlish grapes: planting and caring for wild grapes in the country
Climbing plant with beautiful carved leaves, which does not require complex care and can cover a significant surface in a relatively short time - the dream of many gardeners. And such a plant is a wild or girlish grape, planting and caring for which is not very difficult.
What is girlish grapes?
This plant belongs to the genus partenocissus, and the habitat of most species is East Asia and North America. Three types of ornamental plants are traditionally grown: tri-eddy, or ivy-like grapes, attached grapes, and also five-leafed, or Virginian grapes, which best adapt to growth in our climate.
By itself, wild grapes represent a root-liana. The plant tolerates shade and minus temperatures well. Not demanding on the soil and easy to care for. It grows quickly and is able to add up to 2-3 m in height over the course of a year. During the whole life cycle, individual whips reach about 20 m in length.
Of particular decorative value are large carved ornamental leaves, which in the fall acquire a dark crimson color. The plant blooms rather modestly, but the flowers emit a pleasant aroma, attracting bees to them. Fruits of decorative grapes are inedible. Ripen in September, acquiring a dark blue hue with a smoky wax coating.
The plant will be a real find for those who need to quickly decorate the fence or ugly walls of outbuildings. But how to plant wild grapes in the country or garden?
How to plant wild grapes
To properly plant girlish grapes, you do not need to have special skills. Enough to follow a few simple rules.
1. When to plant wild grapes?
The timing of planting wild grapes is often determined by the climatic conditions of the region and the breeding method chosen.
According to experts, saplings of ornamental grapes take root excellently both during spring planting in April and May, and during planting in the ground in autumn in September - early October.
True, if you plant girlish grapes in the fall, young plants will need shelter for the winter.
Parthenocissus can also be grown from seeds, but in this case, they are sown in pots as early as January-February. But planting cuttings of wild grapes in the soil is better to carry out in May and June.
Regardless of whether the maiden grapes are planted in the spring, summer or autumn, experienced gardeners advise to carry out such manipulations before 11 o'clock in the morning or after 18.
00, which will help protect plants from burnout.
2. Selecting a landing site.
Before planting girlish grapes, you need to choose the right place where the plant will be as comfortable as possible.
The composition of the soil partenocissus is not particularly demanding, and is able to develop quite normally both in well-lit and shaded areas of the garden. At the same time, wild grapes grow best on fertile, moisture-permeable soils and well-lit areas.
The only thing to remember when planting is the fact that the plants require reliable support, for which a simple stretched wire will not work.
In addition, girlish grapes planted on the north side may have smaller leaves, and in the fall the foliage on plants with this arrangement remains dark green, while specimens growing on the south side gradually turn crimson-red.
3. Site preparation.
Approximately a week before planting girlish grapes, it is necessary to dig up the plot and prepare the soil. For seedlings dig pits with a size of about 50 × 50 × 50 cm (depending on the root system, the size may vary).
At the bottom of the hole stack 20-centimeter layer of drainage, which is suitable for a mixture of small pebbles and sand, broken brick or crushed stone. The remaining volume of the hole is filled with a soil mixture consisting of peat compost, leaf soil and sand in a ratio of 2: 2: 1, you can also add wood ash (about 1 liter jar).
With proper soil refueling before planting, the plants will have enough fertilizer for the next 3-4 years.
4. Technology planting maiden grapes.
When the wells with drainage and soil mixture are ready, you can proceed directly to the landing. So, in stages we will understand how to plant girlish grapes.
The drainage hole is half filled with soil mixture. Under a slight slope, a sapling is placed in a hole and covered with its remaining soil so that the root neck does not rise above the ground surface. Near the seedling form a watering hole. For the first watering of the plant use at least 1 bucket of water.
Speaking about how to plant wild grapes, it is necessary to clarify at what distance to plant cuttings from each other. It is often recommended to leave between separate plants intervals of at least 50 cm. Although, taking into account the fact that ornamental grapes grow at a high speed, the optimal distance is about 1 m.
5. Primary care for wild grape seedlings.
It is worth noting that the ornamental grape is an unpretentious plant. For its normal growth, it is enough to loosen the soil and remove weeds from time to time. The plant does not require frequent watering.
It is enough 3-4 times per season to water it at the rate of 8-10 liters of water per 1 plant. In hot weather, the rate of watering can increase to 20 liters.
To prevent soil drying and weed growth, the soil around the shoots is covered with a 6 cm layer of mulch (straw, sawdust, peat).
In the early stages of growth of girlish grapes, special attention should be paid to the formation of shoots. Since the plant is climbing, it requires a stable support.
Of course, if you plant wild grapes along the fence or near the walls of any building, you don’t have to work especially on building a support - tenacious tendrils of vines will easily grab even the smallest roughness. Reliance may be required if at first the plants have nothing to grasp.
In addition, so that fast-growing shoots do not create problems, they should be directed as they grow, fixing the stems on a support. Superfluous naughty lashes and wilted leaves must be removed on time.
It is also important to make sure that the lashes do not spread over the surface of the earth, as they quickly take root and start new cuttings, which can quickly turn the entire area into an impassable thicket, and getting rid of wild grapes creeping on the ground is rather difficult.
Transplanting maiden grapes
Sometimes there is a need to transplant wild grapes to another place or plant a plant. It is worth noting that it is desirable to do this in early spring or autumn, when the active growth of plant shoots is suspended. Replacing girlish grapes in the summer will be somewhat more difficult, but with a small amount of bush such manipulation is possible.
Preparation and technology of transplanting ornamental grapes is almost the same as for planting. The main thing is to prepare the ground for its planting. The depth of the hole is determined by the size of the root system of the seedling.
When transplanting the roots can be somewhat shortened, especially for damaged roots. Soil is filled with peat compost, wood ash or mineral fertilizers.
In summer, transplanted plants, before rooting, require more frequent watering.
The advantages and disadvantages of wild grapes
Girlish grapes, planting and caring for which does not require much effort, is a plant that some gardeners consider to be an excellent option for quickly planting a plot, while others are wary of its ability to cling to virtually any surface and grow rapidly, because if it is overlooked and negative consequences.
Pluses maiden grapes:
• shoots develop rapidly, fill the entire support, forming a thick curtain,
• undemanding to the soil and lighting,
• resistant to pests and diseases
• does not require frequent fertilization,
• dense foliage protects the walls covered with wild grapes and the foundation of the building from overheating, rain, wind and dust, as well as excessive dampness,
• has an attractive appearance from early summer to mid-autumn.
The disadvantages of the maiden grape:
• uncontrollably growing strong shoots, falling under slate or tile can destroy them,
• побеги, растущие рядом с водостоками способны попадать внутрь туб и засорять их,
• свешиваясь над окнами, лианы образуют настоящий занавес, не пропуская свет в помещение,
• planted near plastered walls, wild grapes with time can cause damage to the plaster: the vine grows gradually into the surface and under its weight the finish can simply fall off,
• a strong root system extending under the ground for a few meters can harm plants planted in the neighborhood,
• In spring, wild grapes develop later than other garden plants, presenting an unsightly picture of tangled, bare stems.
Speaking of planting wild grapes in a particular plot, it is important to take into account its positive and negative sides. But with its simplicity in planting and growing, as well as the high ornamentation characteristic of this plant, with a little care it can become a real decoration of your site. published by econet.ru
P.S. And remember, just by changing our consumption - we are changing the world together! © econet
Join us on VKontakte, Odnoklassniki
Girlish grapes: how to plant and grow, care secrets, varieties
There are plants that are able to set fruit at all without pollination.
For this property Ivy Parthenocissus (Latin) and called - the girl's grapes (virgin ivy). And, although its fruits are completely inedible, it has found a worthy use in landscape design.
It creates a cool shade, covers from drizzling rain and wind gusts.
Green leaves delight us until deep autumn, and then change into bright orange and red colors, creating a good mood in gloomy weather.
A bit of history
In the early seventeenth century, native North Americans cultivated wild grapes for the first time. Since then, the decorative vine has settled in many gardens of the world.
Triostrenic girlish grapes came from japan. It grows in Primorye, China and on the Korean Peninsula. At minimum cost, a competent approach rich vegetation can make unusual decisions.
Properties of grapes
This plant is unpretentious and grows quickly. It prevents the penetration of dust, inhibits the development of some pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms, covering the building with a dense carpet, protects the premises from overheating.
Girlish grapes are easily seated, require minimal care and are very resistant to diseases and pests.
Ideal for hedge.
In addition, it has:
- fast growth and fantastic decoration
- tolerates any winters, does not require shelter in the cold, do not need to remove the whip for the winter,
- he himself finds a suitable support,
- unpretentious to the soil and light,
- practically not subject to diseases and pests.
Types and varieties
In the decoration of landscapes used three varieties:
- virgin or girl pyatilistochkovaya - leaves of this species look like chestnut,
- ivy triostrenny - grows well on vertical supports,
- attached - leaves of this type are 3 and 5 lobed, palmate-complex.
Diseases and pests
Indoor grapes are perhaps the best solution for landscaping rooms. If tenants love clean air and home lianas that wrap walls and ceilings, then such a plant will become their favorite. For a couple of years, house grapes are able to twist and ennoble the vertical surface intended for it - walls, room tapestries, furniture, jambs, windows and other interior items.
Its bright green foliage, covered with fluffy villi of brown color, attracts attention, soothes and uplifts the mood of the hosts. It seems that you are in the forest. Indoor grapes perfectly purify the air and give it a tart flavor. For those who want to grow this marvelous plant, and this short set of knowledge is intended, where you will learn about the types of grapes, growing conditions, rules of care and reproduction. Useful information will help grow thick and juicy vines wrapping around the walls - a piece of the real jungle at home.
Indoor grapes: features of the structure
Indoor grapes is a perennial plant evergreen with climbing vines. It grows quite quickly, creepers cling to vertical objects with the help of antennae. The leaves have a variety of forms, depending on the type and variety - whole, triple-complex. More often they have a jagged shape and resemble wild grapes. The plant in the indoor environment does not bloom, but sometimes this happens. Flowers are very small and inconspicuous inflorescences.
Indoor grapes are grown not for its flowering, but for the ability to quickly catch up on large portions of rooms and clean the air in a short time.
The stems and shoots of the plants are rather fragile, so the flower growers are recommended to determine a place that is unequivocal for him, so that in the future you do not have to transfer the grapes to another part of the house. Unpretentious and able to grow in all conditions. Indoor grapes are often grown in public institutions for precisely this reason.
The homeland of this amazing plant is America, Asia and Australia, their subtropical and tropical forests. Despite its simplicity, prefers quiet places where there is no wind, moderately wet and lit by diffused sunlight. These same conditions and accepted support when growing it at home. Indoor grapes have a large number of species and varieties, but in the conditions of apartments and premises only a few are bred.
Types of room grapes
The most common and widely used is cissus. Rarely resorted to growing tetrasigmy, as vines rather heavy and better suited for growing in the garden or greenhouses. Cissus, in turn, is divided into several subspecies.
They can be found in apartments, offices, houses and winter gardens. Allocate:
Many lovers of grapes, without fear, take up the cultivation of tetrastigma. This view is of course very effective, but it needs to provide a lot of space and reliable, solid support. If the house is large, huge areas, in this case, you can dilute this type of indoor grapes.
Air temperature for almost all types of indoor grapes should be 22 ° -25 °, not higher. In winter, the temperature can be reduced to 18 ° -20 °. Until the bush is small and completely attached to the vertical support it can be carried out to the fresh air in summer. Temperature variations are undesirable for cissus, especially for the bicolor species. Try to avoid it.
Defining a place for grapes, choose rooms east and west, where there are no drafts.
Indoor grapes like bright but diffused lighting. Next to the windows it is better not to place it. Choose niches for it in the walls or places where sunlight will fall, but not direct sunlight. The plant is shade-loving, but dark places, without any light, are undesirable.
Increased dryness of the air is not suitable for indoor grapes. He will die very quickly. It prefers moderately humid places, but not damp. It is necessary to constantly monitor the soil moisture and prevent the earth coma from drying out. The optimal composition of the soil will be a mixture of leafy soil, peat, humus, turf and sand. The ratio is 1: 1: 1: 1: 1. Moderate humidity, bright and diffused light, optimum temperature - will be the key to the magnificent and beautiful growth of strange vines.
Propagate cissus is very simple. To do this, use the cutting method:
This simple breeding method will allow the grower to quickly dissolve the crop and plant it in different capacities.
Proper care of the plant
It is very simple to care for indoor grapes, but the lack of elementary watering and feeding will lead to the death of the plant. During the period of active growth, spring-summer, the grapes are watered abundantly, but not excessively. Overflow will cause root rot. Use the good old way to check the soil for moisture - finger. If the soil sticks to it, then it is not necessary to water. If the fingertip is almost dry and the ground does not stick well - watering is needed. Thus, the plant will not be over-moistened.
Do not let the ground dry out.
Given the rapid growth and development of indoor grapes, you should constantly feed it with fertilizer for non-flowering plants. Make a feeding once a fortnight. In the spring, they prefer nitrogen fertilizers, and in the fall, potash-phosphorus fertilizers. In winter, fertilization is stopped, watering will no longer be abundant, but moderate.
As the bush grows, the young shoots pinch and trim the entire plant:
Another important point is the process of sprinkling. It is carried out infrequently - once every six months. This is done more for hygienic reasons. Indoor grapes perfectly cleans the air and for this reason the surface of the leaves is polluted, gets a grayish bloom - dust. Therefore, you need to wash it. Compliance with simple rules of care will help avoid the appearance of diseases and pests, the grapes will always be bright and juicy, strong and healthy.
Indoor grapes grow very quickly. This causes its annual transplant. Produce it in early spring. The plant is transplanted into a larger pot and change the old soil to fresh. The composition of the soil will include leaf soil, turf, peat, humus and sand. The ratio of the parts is the same - each component is one part.
After transplanting produce pruning plants.
Shorten all the top shoots. This will help the grapes to move faster in growth and form side shoots, which is important for bushiness. For 4-5 years, the plant is transplanted every year. After you can make a transplant once every two years. It is always held in the spring.
Once the grapes are transplanted, apply fertilizer containing nitrogen compounds. This will help the plant to quickly adapt to the new pot and get used to the fresh substrate. Transplanting is another important care condition. Without it, the plant will die very quickly.
How to grow grapes at home
- Seed germination
- Growing from ready cuttings
- Preparation of cuttings
- Rooting and landing
It's no secret that grapes are a very useful berry, which can not only be used as food, but also be used to make different drinks from it, for example, wine. However, few people know that for professional cultivation of grapes it is not necessary to have a large plot. This truly unique berry can now be grown even in rooms!
The first step is to prepare the seeds of the grapes: they are collected from absolutely ripe berries, washed and sent to the refrigerator.
At first, it is hard to believe that a beautiful vine, richly topped with ripe berries, can trudge along the sill. But recent experiments in the field of growing fruits and berries in room conditions confirm this. It is quite realistic and inexpensive to receive twice a year the grape harvest right in your apartment. How to ensure the conditions for growing grapes at home?
Often the cultivation of grapes is limited only to obtaining strong varietal cuttings, which are then planted in open ground or grafted on the finished adult plant.
Therefore, if you learn how to grow indoor varieties of grapes with the appearance of fruits on them, it will not be easy for you to develop new varieties of this plant and be able to cut or grow it from seeds.
Ways of care
Regular care is required only in the first two years.
- In April fertilize the soil and produce sanitary pruning.
- Summer - watering, weeding, loosening, hilling and garter.
- In the autumn - cut dead and damaged branches, scrape and remove old leaves, feed them with fertilizers and ashes. An adult plant provides all the necessary powerful roots.
- In July wild grapes bloom modestly. Fragrant flowers attract bees.
- In September ripened fruits, harvested in clusters. These berries look like grape clusters, but inedible.
Subtleties of care and useful tips
The girlish grape grows heavily. Massive greens and a lot of powerful suckers root burden the walls of buildings.
For landscaping this plant are well suited:
- wooden walls
- iron garages,
It is important to know that plastered walls, especially with a heat-insulating layer, are absolutely not suitable for landscaping. Over time, the green wall will collapse with plaster!
- tile roof also slides along with grapes
- even the pointed roofs covered with slate will begin to crawl under the overgrown grapes,
- all openings (gutters, ventilation) and “bulges” (satellite dishes, antennas, wind vanes) also get tangled quickly, if you do not timely direct and remove the vine,
- the antennae ingrown into the surface are difficult to remove.
If we take these subtleties into account in a timely manner, then there will be no problems with growing human shields.
The girl's grapes, in fact, have nothing to do with the really edible grapes. The leaves, tendrils and fruits are different.
Even after a heavy rain, wooden (like the rest) walls under the plant remain dry, therefore they do not rot. After falling leaves the walls are well dried in the wind.
Throw doubts and plant girlish grapes in your garden. It will decorate the most unsightly places, backyards and facades.
The best use of creepers is a hedge. Especially good near the busy highway. Girlish grapes will protect your garden and home from street noise and dust. And in combination with conifers, colorful compositions and architectural structures will be obtained.
- sad-i-ogorod.ru- “Garden and Garden” - Gardens of Russia is an online store of seeds and seedlings.
- abekker.ru- “Becker” is a popular store of saplings, seeds, bulbs, delivery throughout Russia!
(Was it helpful? Rate it)
Grape seeds are soaked in cold water for 5-6 hours, then kept in the refrigerator for 7 days. Put on 1 cm depth in the loosened earth.
For seedlings, seeds begin to germinate in a pot since February (seedlings will appear in 20 days), and in May they are transplanted into open ground. If the seeds are sown immediately on the allotted place - this should be done in the second half of October, and seedlings are not expected until the end of May.
2. A handle
They take lignified shoots, 1–1.5 cm thick, cut 30 centimeters cuttings (with four buds) and land in the loosened earth at an angle, leaving two buds above the soil level.
Between cuttings observe a distance of 1-1.5 meters, often watered (can not be poured) until the grapes begin to grow. You can first rotate the cuttings in a jar of water, and then plant.
Hedge of girlish grapes and its features
A green fence instead of the usual fence is not only healthy, but also economical for the family budget.
Judge for yourself: no need to buy a lot of planting material (you can plant a “mother” sapling, from which you can dilute a large number of grapes), it is enough to build a welded fence in the form of a grate around the perimeter of the plot (the vine will hide it anyway) and no painting costs!
How to plant grapes on the fence
Creating your hedge, think which side is better to plant. After all, if you plant a plant:
- On the sunny side: leaves will be larger, more juicy in color, will take root faster and begin to grow.
- From the north side: in autumn its leaves will be dark green.
- From the south side of the fence - the owner will admire in the fall with the crimson color of leaves.
The best season for planting is autumn, the optimal soil is not sour loam (pH must be neutral). Запрещено пересаживать саженцы, которые старше двух лет (нарушается ветвление).
- Dig along a 50–60 cm depth hole and with the same length and width (the distance between them is at least 70 cm).
- Mix the ground from the hole with humus (1: 1), gradually adding sand (half a bucket is taken for 1 hole).
- The bottom of the fossa is covered with a 15 cm layer of drainage (brick fragments, crushed stone).
- Place the seedling vertically in the center of the pit, gently sprinkling it with prepared soil (immediately form a hole for ease of irrigation) and pour.
- Sprinkle the ground around the seedling with a protective layer (mix). Mulch is divided into organic (sawdust, compost, straw, needles, peat, moss) and inorganic (gravel, stone).
If your fence is built with a solid wall (brick, stone, from a profile sheet), it will be necessary to make a reinforced grid for the support along the entire length of the planted plants.
1. Spring work
In the spring, you need to pruning, removing weak or frozen, excess or broken whips.
The plant at the same time give the shape of a fan: the main stems are laid in the form of rays, and the excess ones are cut. The pruning procedure does not stop all the time while the plant lives.
Prior to the beginning of the growing season, grapes are fed for the first time (fed a second time in June-July).
- Nitroammofoska, aquamarine (50 g per 1 sq. M).
- Kemira Universal (100-200 g).
2. Summer-autumn work
The plant in the care of unpretentious, requires minimal watering hot sometimes: a bucket of water for each bush once a week. If the roots become bare, they pour the earth in, loosen the soil in time, remove the weeds.
During the growth of stems - send them in the right direction. It is necessary to ensure that the grapes “grab” a support with all antennae, tie up the branches. The formation of the fence is carried out from the beginning of planting.
With age, old lashes become lignified and pull the whole plant downwards, tearing the younger shoots from the support. It is necessary to additionally fix the old grape branches.
For the winter period, young grapes must be removed from the support, put on the ground and covered, protecting them from severe frosts during the snowless winter.
Both specialists and amateurs recommend everyone to plant it on the site. It efficiently cleans the air, does not cause allergies, muffles the noise "from outside" the yard.
Gardeners shared a few “secret” tips:
- Metal, stone, brick surfaces are considered to be a good support for grapes. It is better not to use wooden supports: a plant over 3 years old is already quite heavy and tightly covers the surface of the tree.
- Creating all conditions for dampness, rotting and scrapping supports.
- Build a permanent support in advance.
- The young saplings planted in the fall are sheltered for the winter so that they can safely survive the frost.
- Plants that were germinated each in a separate container were buried 15 cm deeper in the ground than those in the same container.
The girl's grapes effectively highlight your plot among neighboring yards. The hedge copes with street dust, exhaust gases, protecting them from entering the courtyard, muffles the noise of passing vehicles. Until late autumn the owner of the yard will admire the beauty of the “wild” grapes.
The scheme of the grape bush.
So, let's start the process of growing grapes at home. First you need to collect seeds. It is necessary to collect them from completely ripe berries. After collecting all the bones need to be washed and put on the shelf of the refrigerator. Once a week for a month or two, the stones are washed in clean water, after which they are returned to the refrigerator.
On the readiness for germination of grapes from seeds will say the formation of cracks in the bones. When abundant cracks appear on the right amount of bones, it is necessary to get them out of the refrigerator, lay them on wet gauze and cover with wet gauze on top too. In this state, the seeds should be about a week. Moreover, it is very important here that the temperature is maintained (not lower than 15 ° C) and that the humidity is constantly maintained.
During this time, the seeds should already germinate a little, after which they can be deepened into the ground. The soil for grape seedlings is prepared loose, consisting of one part of sand and two parts of humus. It is important that the land is not dried out. If the soil is dry, spray it well with a spray bottle, gradually stirring it.
Now prepare containers for grape seed (you can use either plastic cups, or low drawers). Fill drainage to the bottom, then fill the container with earth. And to a depth of 1.5 cm plant sprouted seedlings of grapes. Consider that after sufficient development of the root system, the plant will need to be transplanted into a large pot. Plants sticking through the drainage will indicate the need for transplantation. And in plastic cups they will even be clearly visible through the transparent walls.
The scheme of planting grapes.
Grapes grow quickly, but fruits, as a rule, will not be given to you in the first year. Usually indoor grapes begin to fruition in 2-3 years after planting. That is why the first two years of the grapes do not require any special additives to the soil. He has enough sand with humus and periodic composting in the soil.
It is very important to observe the correct light regime for grapes and a great access to air. As for the light, the grapes need a sunny place. In winter and autumn, the duration of the day should be extended with special fluorescent lamps.
But the air ventilation must first be provided for the root system of the plant. Therefore, it is extremely important to loosen the soil in the tank as often as possible. At the same time make sure that the earth does not dry out and was not very wet. After all, grapes love moderate watering and high humidity.
Preparation of cuttings
Scheme of the formation of a grape bush.
First you will need to prepare the cuttings. It is best to choose cuttings from self-pollinating grape varieties, otherwise it will be hard to get fruit. Grapes are grafted, as a rule, in the fall during standard pruning of the vine before winter. Choose to grow a house cuttings of the middle of the vine, which contain several internodes.
Cut cuttings must be held for a few minutes in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, then dried thoroughly on a soft cloth, roll well in pine sawdust and wrap in cellophane. Do not forget to leave about 2 cm of the cutting outside the package. The rest of you need to rewind in several places. In this form, the cuttings should be stored in the refrigerator until February. It is necessary to ensure that the temperature was close to 0 ° C. Periodically look in the cellophane. If the sawdust is blackened, then you need to replace them, and wash the cuttings, treat with potassium permanganate, dry and put in the refrigerator again.
In February, check the cuttings for viability: if with a slight removal of part of the bark a green spot is found, the cutting is suitable for planting. Then it can be cut into 3 more smaller cuttings, leaving a few buds on each. It is necessary to cut so that the upper cut remains flat, and the lower was diagonally. Each stalk should be dipped in distilled water and left for 2 days. After that, dry them on a soft cloth for half an hour and proceed to the process of planting in the ground.
Rooting and landing
But first, the cuttings must be rooted in water. To do this, put a layer of cotton or cotton wool into the container, pour very little water into which potassium permanganate or activated charcoal is added, and put a cutting in this pot. From above the appendix is covered with a package. So the plant must be kept in a well-lit place for several days until the roots appear (callus). Very well, if they begin to form from the lower kidney. This will indicate good health and fruiting plants in the future.
The scheme of planting vines.
After the spine reaches a length of 1 cm, the process must be planted in the ground. The soil for cuttings is prepared similar to that used for seedlings. As the root system grows, the cuttings are transplanted into deeper containers. But after three years, you need to plant grapes in a large permanent pot. It is important to significantly reduce the amount of humus in the soil. Instead, you need to add more sand and sprinkle with coniferous sawdust on top of the soil.
As for the constant care, the grapes like the southern sunny side, but many varieties do not tolerate the scorching rays of the sun. Therefore, if the window sill is very hot, the plant should be slightly pritenyat. Watering grown grapes must be moderate, not allowing any drying or over-wetting of the soil. Evening sprays are also useful.
During the beginning of fruiting, it is advisable to feed the plant every two weeks with nitrogenous and complex fertilizers, alternating them. And again: do not be alarmed by the fact that after fruiting your grapes can shed their leaves. This is a normal phenomenon before winter.
So the plant simply falls into a period of rest, which usually lasts for three months, after which growth resumes with greater force and energy. Proper care of the grapes will provide you with a beautiful healthy plant and a good harvest.
How to grow grapes from the stone at home
Traditionally it is believed that the reproduction of grapes is possible only by saplings or layering. There is another, albeit long, but interesting way. How to grow grapes from the stone at home, as a result of having an ornamental plant and get a decent harvest.
Is it possible to grow grapes from seed at home
Although numerous studies confirm that the method of propagation of grapes with stones is not always justified. This is due to the fact that the seedling rarely preserves the varietal properties of the parent plant. But this method is sometimes used
Goals of growing grapes from pits
- Selection work (breeding hybrids, the formation of varieties with the best taste, resistant to frost, disease).
- Cultivation of seedlings.
- Decorative use of seedlings.
- Growing stock.
Not all grape varieties are suitable for seed propagation; early hybrid varieties are often used:
And the fruitful qualities of the self-fertile varieties: Early dawn, Alpha, Russian purple are inferior to the mother bushes. The choice depends on the purpose of using the berries: sour - for winemaking, sweet is eaten without processing.
Specific features are not always preserved. Therefore, you can sow several seeds of the same variety at once. Further compare taste, yield, resistance to pests and frost.
Selected seeds are placed in a damp cloth and plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator for 6-8 weeks. The optimal temperature is +3? With - 0? C. It is required to inspect the seeds regularly, once every 10 days.
At the final stage, the seeds are placed on a damp napkin, without covering, in a warm place. After about three days, thin roots will begin to appear. It is time to plant in the ground.
Some gardeners do not always apply a stratification process. To do this, the crops are made in the winter, in open ground, with the germination rate below.
It is not necessary to use for planting the bones from the unripe berries. They have low germination, or grow weak shoots with low yields.
Sowing at home in the pot
- Prepare the soil. For these purposes, use the store or mixed independently in equal proportions of sand, humus and garden soil.
- It is desirable for each seedling to use a separate container. Preliminarily, a drainage hole is made in each and several stones are poured to the bottom. Fill with earthy mixture.
- Seed must be planted to a depth of 1-1.5 cm in a pot and shed.
- The ideal place for further growth will be well-lit windows, preferably oriented to the south. It remains only to germinate landing.
- To preserve soil moisture before germination, the cups are covered with a film.
An important factor for the growth of a strong plant is periodic, moderate watering and the presence of sunlight at least 8 hours a day. In addition, the main care is loosening and feeding. Nitrogen or phosphate fertilizer is applied every 10 days.
At the initial stage, it is better to water the young shoots from the sprayer in order not to disturb the root system.. Sapling daily inspect the absence of spider mites. The pest is able to destroy the plant.
If the plans of the grapes will be used for decorating the room, then at a height of 10 cm the seedling is transplanted into a container with a volume of 3-4 liters.
Planting in open ground is performed in the first days of June.
Transplantation in open ground and care for the vine
When the seedlings reach a height of 20-30 cm, they are transplanted into the garden.
- Place for landing choose a sunny, windless, preferably hidden from the north winds.
- Soils should be light, breathable, well drained. In wet lowlands grapes freezes.
- A mixture of humus, sand and soil is poured into excavated holes at a distance of 1.5-2 meters from each other.
- Grape seedlings are planted in a moist soil on a warm, sunny day.
- Each shoot is fixed to a vertical support (more often it is a trellis with a height of 2 meters with a tensioned wire).
During the first summer, care consists of regular watering, loosening and weeding from weeds. Under favorable conditions, the grapes will take root well and reach a height of 1-2 meters in the first year.
Transplanted young vine grapes in open ground
Formative pruning vines are recommended for the third year of growth. With the right choice of a plant variety, the crop is expected in 3-4 years, in rare cases in 2.
Growing grapes from the stone at home is a more time consuming process. This is due to a long period of growth before the first harvests. And it does not always bring the expected effect. Therefore, in case of failure, and varietal qualities will not be preserved, the sapling is used as a stock.
Grapes: growing from seed at home, especially care
Everyone knows such a plant as grapes, the cultivation of seeds of which at home is of interest to many gardeners. To get a fruiting shrub, you need to know the correct technology of this method and tune in that it will last for quite a long time. Not many winegrowers and gardeners use such a method, since it is rather complicated and not everyone is able to cope with it.
Why grow grapes at home?
Ways to grow grapes at home:
- using cuttings
- using stones.
The latter method is the most laborious and painstaking, so not many take it. Consider just such a method of growing in more detail.
To the question of whether it is possible to grow grapes from a stone at home, experienced breeders and winegrowers respond positively. But the harvest is quite modest, so gardeners are doing it for the sake of:
- Excitement. To grow such a plant is long and difficult, and this process requires great effort, constant attention and care. Not every gardener will be able to grow a garden crop in a pot from a small seed.
- Experiment. Those who bring new varieties, grapes from the stone can become a kind of "guinea-pig", on which you can try out various feeding, and also see how the plant reacts to pests, diseases and other negative factors.
- Stock. Grapes, growing from the seed of which passes under the conditions of an apartment, are used as a support for an ordinary garden vine. This will save on seedlings.
- Decorating. Grown "homemade" grapes look no different from the garden. And since the plant itself is very beautiful, they can decorate their balcony.
What crop should be expected?
The berries obtained from the "home" vines, their taste is significantly different from the garden. Fruiting begins after planting grapes after 4-5 years. For the first time, the yield is expected to be rather low, and the berries taste sour or have a slightly pronounced taste.
Due consideration should be given to the preparation of seeds for planting. It is best to choose new varieties, as this ensures that the grapes grown from seeds of which are made at home will be resistant to various diseases and adverse conditions. The bones must be removed from the ripest berries, differing in their varietal qualities, having no deformation and no signs of damage from rot.
Grape seeds to be used for growing at home should be very large and preferably beige-brown color. They are carefully and very carefully washed under water, and then do not dry, and immediately laid out in moist nylon bags and wrapped in ordinary plastic wrap. Prepared grape seeds are recommended to be placed on the lowest shelf in the refrigerator. You should inspect them regularly and periodically wash them. As soon as in a few months cracks appear on them, this indicates their readiness for planting in the ground.
Is it possible to grow grapes from the stone at home? Если все делать правильно, то это вполне осуществимо. Пророщенные виноградные косточки высаживают в индивидуальные емкости, которые наполняют плодородной почвой. Оптимальный грунт состоит из смеси перегноя и просеянного песка.Before sowing seeds, the soil should be disinfected, for this, the soil is calcined in the oven at high temperature or spilled with boiling water with the addition of potassium permanganate.
After the containers are filled with soil, it is moistened and the prepared grape seeds are planted to a depth of 1-1.5 cm. In order for sprouts to appear as early as possible, it is better to place the pots with crops on the windowsill, where there is good light and a lot of heat.
Features of growing
If, when growing grapes from pits at home, an optimal temperature regime is created, and the crops are provided with the necessary amount of light, we can expect the appearance of sprouts in 10 days.
Grape growing conditions are as follows:
- Plants should be watered regularly with water at room temperature, but waterlogging or strong drying out of the soil should not be allowed,
- the soil should be loosened, and it should be done very carefully so as not to harm the sprouts,
- if there is such a need, then watering supplement the dressing with mineral and organic fertilizers,
- the plant should be protected from drafts, and if the weather is very sunny, then the grapes should be grated.
It is necessary to regularly inspect shoots, as young plants are often affected by diseases or spider mites. In the spring they are transplanted into larger containers.
If grape saplings are being grown, then next year they are recommended to be transplanted in open ground. It is also very important to harden the plants before they are planted in a permanent place. Thanks to this procedure, they quickly adapt to new growing conditions and will take root faster.
Tips and tricks
Growing grapes at home lasts until it reaches a height of 1.5-2 meters. After that, seedlings can only develop in the open field. In this case, the growing conditions of the plant are as follows:
- Place for landing should be well lit and not be in a draft. It is best if there is protection from the north side.
- It is desirable to choose a site with a light, breathable and moderately moist soil.
- Grape growing is usually carried out on a trellis, which is a very strong support for two-meter growth with a stretched wire. Between planted plants should be a distance of 1.5 or 2 meters.
- Grapes need to provide quality drainage in the form of medium-sized stones or broken bricks. It is recommended to fill it with high-quality and fertile soil.
In the future, the care of the planted grapes provides for regular watering, loosening the soil, fertilization. If competently care for the plant, then it will begin to bear fruit in three or four years after planting the seed of grapes.
Thus, we have disassembled what is a grape, growing from seeds of which occurs in an apartment or a private house. This process is very complicated and only experienced gardeners can. Grown vines can not only decorate your own balcony, but also eat berries.
How to grow wild grapes: features of planting and care
All varieties of wild grapes are unpretentious ornamental plants with inedible fruits. Its main purpose is to decorate the house or cottage, as well as concealing the defects of buildings or fences. Many plant it along the walls, allowed to fence, gazebo or used for arched decoration. Its branches easily cling to the smallest roughness and reach about 20 meters in a fairly short time.
Growing grapes from cuttings in winter
If the gardener has a desire to propagate the grapes in his own plot, he can use two different methods for this. The first and easiest way? It is to buy seedlings in a special nursery. The second method, though labor-intensive, but more effective? This cultivation of grapes cuttings in the winter at home. The second method has several positive aspects, which advantageously distinguish it, namely, the gardener will be able to get grape seedlings of the desired variety, while this material for planting is much more stable if compared with the one acquired in the nursery. To grow high-quality cuttings on your own, you only need to make a little effort.
Growing grapes cuttings
Before planting the cuttings to a permanent place, you need to first prepare them. Most gardeners in this business do not have the necessary experience, because rarely anyone has done this before. The process of preparing grape cuttings is divided into several stages, each of which is of great importance:
- preparation for landing,
In order to succeed in this matter, it is necessary to know all the basic rules for growing a grape cutting, as well as tricks and secrets.
Stage 1: Cutting cuttings
In the fall, all weakened or damaged branches die off, so it is during this time of year that it is recommended to harvest grape cuttings (chubukov). During their cutting it is necessary to adhere to several basic rules:
- It is recommended to begin cutting chubukov only when all the foliage falls off a bush.
- Try to choose those branches that give large clusters. The fact is that it is from such branches that the best planting material is obtained.
- Choose a vine that does not have curved shapes. It is best if it is as smooth as possible.
- It should be remembered that the quality of planting material is directly related to the length of the cutting.
Remember that in no case should Chubuk be cut at minus temperatures. In this regard, if it is already cold outside the window, then grafting can be done only next year. To cut the cubs, you need a secateur. Prepare the copper sulfate solution and immerse the cuttings in it immediately after cutting.
Stage 2: Storage
In order to preserve the chubuki until spring, it is necessary to create the most favorable conditions for them. The first step is to divide the cuttings by grade. Then the cuttings of the same variety are tied together and put in a separate polyethylene bag, which is then wrapped very tightly. It should be noted that you will need to save grape chubuki until spring. The fact is that it is at the beginning of the spring period that they are planted in open ground. There are several places where grape cuttings can be successfully stored:
- Shelf of the refrigerator. This storage method is effectively used only when there are relatively few chubuki.
- Basement. This method of storage is ideal for those gardeners who grow grapes not only for themselves, but also for sale.
- Country cottage area. There are those gardeners who have learned to save material for planting until spring, simply by burying it in the ground. It should be remembered that the cuttings should be buried to a depth of not less than half a meter.
In the process of storing chubukov in the winter, various problems may arise, therefore it is necessary to systematically inspect them. In the case when you notice that the buds on the chubuk began to swell, this means that there is a high temperature in the place of their storage. If it is a refrigerator, then you just need to lower the temperature, otherwise shift the cutting to a place where it is colder.
Stage 4: Sprouting
This stage is the last and at the same time it is very important. In order to germinate cuttings, gardeners use two methods, so you can choose the one that best suits:
- With the help of glass. You need to prepare a large glass beaker. At the bottom it is necessary to make 3 large holes, the most convenient way to do it with an awl. At the bottom you need to pour the soil mixed with compost. Then you need to take a glass of plastic of smaller volume and cut a bottom from it. After that, this cup should be inserted into the first glass with the ground. A smaller glass should be filled with sand and water it well. Chubuk need to stick in the sand. In order to keep it warm, it is recommended to use a film of polyethylene.
- With the help of a plastic bottle. You will need the most ordinary plastic bottle. At its bottom you need to lay not very high drainage layer. Over it you need to pour a layer of compost, nutrient soil or peat. In a pipe submerged in soil, the tip should be at the same level as the bottle. On top of the bottle is covered with a glass of plastic. After the formation of the first young shoots shelter is removed.
Both of these methods are quite effective. However, in order to successfully grow grape chubuk, they need to ensure systematic watering, as well as good lighting. It is possible to transplant the cuttings into the open ground only after the roots have formed, and the first foliage will grow.SharePinTweetSendSendSend