Many biochemists agree that a plant like alfalfa is a strong foundation for health. They are convinced that the components included in its composition are the brightest representatives of the Universe. Did you know that the world's first biological supplement was created on the basis of alfalfa? This perennial herb is considered an inexhaustible source of vitamins and minerals.
These are important vitamins A, B, K, P, E and mineral components. The trace elements that make up are presented in an easily digestible form, so the human body is able to absorb them fairly quickly and without much difficulty. The use of alfalfa helps to maintain good health, energy, strength for many years, as well as increase the body's resistance to diseases of various kinds.
Alfalfa has the appearance of ordinary field grass with yellow or lilac flowers. On the territory of our country it grows in fields, pastures and meadows, as well as this plant can be found in the forest.
It happens sowing and wild. For personal use, it is sometimes grown at the dacha and household plots. If necessary, alfalfa can be bought in pharmacies, where it is sold purified and dried, in a word ready for use.
Chemical composition and nutritional value
Alfalfa has a variety of nutrients. The plant is replete with vitamins and various components that are beneficial to the work of the whole organism.
The composition of medicinal herbs includes such useful elements as:
- Polyunsaturated omega 3 and 6 acids (or vitamin F). They strengthen the nails, hair, blood vessels, prevents the development of inflammatory processes in the ligaments, helps restore vision, normalizes the level of estrogen in the blood. In addition, the vitamin is involved in the synthesis of calcium and other important trace elements. In the medunok a lot of omega 3 and 6 acids, therefore, its benefits are invaluable for health.
- Carbohydrates - the most important element involved in the energy metabolism of the body. Alfalfa contains “beneficial carbohydrates, which do not lead to excess weight, but saturate the body with energy and activate brain activity.
- Steroid substances - phytosteroids are not as harmful as synthetic analogues. But they saturate the body with forces, invigorate, relieve physical tension. They explain the tonic property of alfalfa.
- Essential oils - in this plant a lot of oils. They rejuvenate the body inside and out. Stimulate tissue regeneration.
- Ketone substances and saponins - strong natural antioxidants, reduce cholesterol and strengthen the immune system. Contribute to a decrease in blood sugar
- Phytoestrogens. Normalize the hormonal balance in the woman's body, which is especially important during menopause. Improve the condition of hair, skin and nails.
- A complex of amino acids - are involved in metabolic processes, the nervous, digestive and cardiovascular systems.
- Vitamin substances and mineral elements. They stimulate the nervous system, normalize all metabolic processes. Alfalfa is especially rich in calcium and magnesium. This helps to eliminate uric acid from the body. Its excess leads to joint diseases.
- Pantothen - prevents the development of skin diseases, normalizes blood circulation, eliminates allergies, stimulates the bowels.
- Carotenoids restore vision, pyridoxine relieves nervous tension.
- Ascorbic acid strengthens the immune system.
- Alfalfa is also rich in tocopherol, which promotes skin regeneration.
- Phyloquinone renews blood and protects the liver from overload.
- Nicotinic acids are useful for the walls of the stomach, intestines and ulcers.
Benefit for health
All medicines, where alfalfa extract is included, are quite effective and beneficial to health. They normalize metabolic processes, stimulate the endocrine and circulatory system. They contribute to the splitting of cholesterol plaques and the prevention of atherosclerosis.
What other useful properties has alfalfa, and for the treatment of which pathologies it is used:
- As an anti-inflammatory and diuretic, with pathologies of the urinary system.
- To strengthen the body's resistance to viral infections.
- In inflammatory processes in the joints.
- With insufficient production of breast milk.
- With elevated blood sugar levels.
- Isoflavones and phytoestrogens help the female body during menopause, normalizing hormone levels. Alfalfa is also effective in other gynecological diseases associated with hormonal imbalances.
- Alfalfa has a mild laxative effect, normalizing regular bowel movements.
- Herbal decoctions treat nervous disorders, emotional and physical burnout, and anxiety.
- Grass contributes to the breakdown of fat cells, which leads to the normalization of weight
- Germinated sprouts relieve flatulence and swelling.
- Alfalfa is rich in calcium and other important trace elements. However, it does not cause allergic effects in children, so it is useful for women who are breastfeeding. Through milk, babies receive substances that help the formation of bone tissue and strengthen the immune system and the nervous system.
- For problems with teeth, alfalfa sprouts are effective - they are rich in fluoride.
- For fractures, it is helpful to drink decoction of alfalfa. So bones grow together faster.
- Saponin substances reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Alfalfa prevents the formation of blood clots, due to the high content of coumarin.
- Used with high blood pressure, ischemia and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Alfalfa sprouts prevent the development of eye cataracts. Especially in old age.
- Sunflower seeds ground into a paste accelerate the healing of external wounds, bruises and bites of wasps, bees and other insects.
- Chlorophyll helps to cope with an unpleasant smell from the mouth.
- It helps to get rid of puffiness and cellulite due to the property to remove excess fluid from the body and strengthen the lymph flow.
- With prostatitis, urolithiasis, cystitis of various forms. Alfalfa has anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects.
Use alfalfa in various forms to enhance immunity and to improve overall health.
Use in traditional medicine
Alfalfa has a beneficial effect on the entire body. It is widely used in alternative medicine. Medicinal teas, decoctions and infusions can be made from all parts of the plant. Contraindications for alfalfa are very few and this makes it a unique way to get rid of many diseases.
- Recipe tinctures. One tablespoon of chopped herbs - a glass of boiling water. Cover and leave until cool. Drink for 12 hours three four times.
Infusion alcohol. For five tablespoons of ground crushed leaves, take half a liter of vodka or alcohol. Keep for about two weeks in a dark place with an average temperature. Drink one teaspoon thirty minutes before meals. Twice a day.
- Decoction. At 2 tbsp. l alfalfa herbs - 500 ml of water. Put on the fire, boil and keep on low heat for about ten minutes. Most often, such a recipe is used when douching.
- The juice. The juice from the leaves and stem of the plant is diluted with pure water in a ratio of one to one. It is used to enhance the production of breast milk, with elevated blood sugar levels.
Other useful recipes:
- Against nervousness. 15 gr. dried grass alfalfa pour a half cups of liquid. Boil. To languish for about ten minutes. Pour into a thermos and leave for three hours. To filter Take half a cup in the morning, afternoon and evening for an hour before meals. It helps to eliminate nervousness during pregnancy or menopause.
- From arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout. 25 grams of grass - half a liter of alcohol or vodka. Leave for fourteen days to insist. Fifty milliliters of water is recommended to take 10 drops of the finished tincture. Drink thirty minutes before meals. Take three times a day.
- To wounds heal faster. For cuts, abrasions, burns, or after surgery, it is very helpful to take alfalfa. Proportion: 5 grams of alfalfa herb to the floor of a glass of boiling water. The mixture must be poured into the bath. Take 10-15 minutes. The duration of treatment is 10 days.
- For the influx of breast milk. Sometimes a woman produces little milk. To increase lactation, you need to add half a teaspoon of alfalfa to your tea Drink tea in the morning, afternoon and evening, during the week. In addition, you can drink fresh juice from germinated sprouts of alfalfa. Enough five or six tablespoons per day.
- In the treatment of diabetes this recipe will help: pour ten milligrams of grass with 200 ml of boiling water. Stew in a water bath for twenty-five minutes, stirring slightly. Hour to insist. Strain. Drink fractional doses throughout the day.
- Bleeding just put a bunch of dry alfalfa on the wound. In order for bruises to resolve faster, you need to put pieces of cotton moistened with herbs in the decoction to them.
- During menopause helpful to drink a soothing decoction. A glass of water - five grams of raw materials. Boil for five minutes. And leave to insist about three hours. Drink 125 ml. Three times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
- To enhance the immune functions of the body. Alfalfa sprouts strengthen the immunity. They are eaten raw. For example, as an additive to salad. With regular use, hemoglobin increases, vitality increases, metabolism accelerates.
- When losing weight. It is known that alfalfa reduces appetite. It is necessary to take germinated alfalfa and pour half a liter of boiling water on it. Cool and take 200 ml per day before main meals.
- If you are tortured nasal and vaginal bleeding,drink 25 g of juice from the leaves of the plant twice a day. To do this, squeeze fresh juice from alfalfa leaves. Consume twenty-five milliliters in the morning and evening.
- From hemorrhoids. Sessile trays with alfalfa decoction help to relieve inflammation and pain from hemorrhoids. You will need a teaspoon of dried stalks and 250 ml of boiling water. Steep twenty minutes. Strained broth pour into the bath.
- Vitamin Tonic. To prepare it is very simple. Even a newbie can handle it. A little fresh purified alfalfa herb mixed with the same amount of water, grind with a blender to a creamy state. Prepared mixture taken daily. First, start treatment with small portions, then gradually increase this amount. This vitamin drink activates the work of all body systems. Strengthens the nervous, cardiovascular, immune system. It invigorates, relieves sleep problems, normalizes the bowels.
- Immune Strengthening Infusion. We need to take ten tablespoons of grated alfalfa for half a liter of boiling water. Cover the mixture and leave for five hours. Filter through double gauze. Grass cake is thrown away. Broth to drink half a cup three or four times a day. You can add some honey to taste.
- With oncology. Effective hop variety of alfalfa. Two tablespoons of dried raw materials - half a liter of liquid. Boil for five minutes. Then leave to infuse for an hour. Take small doses 15-20 minutes before meals.
- Against pancreatitis and diabetes. Pereteret plant stems. Pour boiling water (0.5 l). Wrap in a warm cloth and towel. Leave for five or six hours. Strain. Drink five tablespoons an hour before meals. In the morning, afternoon and evening. Or the juice of the plant is diluted in equal parts with water.
- To stimulate the heart muscle. At 6 tbsp. l dried raw materials pour 500 ml of boiling water. Then let it brew for five hours. Next, strain through the gauze cut. Take one hundred milliliters three times a day. Be sure to eat. The duration of therapy is four weeks.
Use in cosmetology
Alfalfa is also widely used for cosmetic purposes. Since it contains a lot of essential oils, vitamins and acids, it is useful for hair and skin.
A few recipes for face and neck masks with alfalfa:
- Rejuvenating mask. Grind grass with a mortar or grind in a coffee grinder. A teaspoon of powder diluted with a small amount of hot water. To get a pasty mixture. Cool slightly. Apply gruel to the face and neck, avoiding the nasolabial triangle area and around the eyes. Hold for about fifteen minutes. Wash off with warm water without soap. Lubricate the skin with a nutrient to prevent dryness. Enough one two masks per week for a good effect.
- Remove puffiness and redness this soothing mask will help: it is recommended to add some honey to the medicinal infusion. Next, dip the gauze into the mixture. Put it on your face. Lie down for 15 minutes at rest. After removing the mask and gently wipe the face with a swab dipped in warm water.
- With hair loss, will help such an effective recipe: 20 gr. herbs - liter of boiling water. Boil for about ten minutes. Cool, strain. Rinse hair the entire length after washing. Such broth softens hair, strengthens, makes obedient and alive. Excellent analogue of synthetic air conditioning.
- With fading skin face effectively wash infusion of medicinal herbs, and use lotions. With regular use, fine wrinkles disappear, the skin rejuvenates, becomes elastic.
- An excellent preventive measure against aging is rubbing the skin with ice cubes prepared from the decoction of the plant.
How to eat sprouts?
Alfalfa seeds can be germinated at home. It is quite simple. To do this, soak the seeds in filtered water for a day. Then, drain the water, distribute the seeds on a piece of natural fabric and leave to germinate.
So that the seed of alfalfa does not become moldy, you need to rinse it under running water every day and in the evening. When the first sprouts sprout up, rinse the seeds again and put them in plastic containers. Store in a cold place for no longer than a week. Germinated alfalfa is used in cooking and traditional medicine.
Sprouted alfalfa is an ideal ingredient for salads. Since the shoots are soft and tender, it is easily digested. But already mature plant with hard firm stems is not recommended to be eaten raw. This can be done only after thermal exposure. For example, you can pour grass with boiling water to make the fibers softer and softer.
In order to resist viruses and other infections in the autumn-winter period, it is recommended to use the young leaves and sprouts of alfalfa, as well as the sap of the plant. So, you will complete the required element of the body - ascorbic acid. The lack of which leads to a decrease in immunity.
The abundance of beneficial properties does not make alfalfa a panacea for all diseases. She has contraindications, but not so many. When you need to limit the use of plants:
Before taking any medication with alfalfa, you need to carefully examine the indications and contraindications for use. For any signs of allergic reactions: skin rash, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, you need to contact an allergist and stop taking the remedy.
Alfalfa can have a therapeutic effect on almost all organs of the human body. This herb has a wide range of applications in medical practice. From the flowers, seeds, leaves and roots of alfalfa prepare healing broths, infusions and syrups.
Alfalfa contains a large amount of calcium and magnesium. With their help, uric acid is excreted from the body. If it is contained in excess, it can be the cause of diseases such as gout and arthritis.
Beta-carotene helps restore poor vision. Vitamin B6 protects the nervous system. Raises the body's defenses - vitamin C, E - contains the skin in proper condition, K - improves the blood condition and is good for the liver, P - promotes the healing of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Medical use of alfalfa:
- Anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties of herbs are used in diseases of the urinary tract.
- With loss of vision.
- In the presence of colds.
- Arthritis, gout.
- To improve lactation.
- With diabetes.
- Alfalfa-containing isoflavones are used to treat many female diseases. With menopause, the shortage of hormones is filled with them and thus it is possible to alleviate the symptoms.
- With chronic constipation.
- With the help of alfalfa decoctions, such conditions as excessive nervousness, mental and physical fatigue, fatigue and irritability are overcome.
- To improve the digestive processes. Alfalfa helps break down and digest fats.
- From heartburn and flatulence help young shoots of the plant.
- In your diet, alfalfa should include future mothers and women who are breastfeeding. The grass contains calcareous substances that are necessary for the development and growth of the infant’s skeletal system.
- Fresh shoots contain a sufficient amount of fluoride, without which teeth become brittle.
- С помощью калия и витамина D ускоряется процесс восстановления поломанных костей.
- Alfalfa saponins help reduce blood cholesterol.
- Coumarin helps to avoid the formation of blood clots, and this is an excellent prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Alfalfa decoctions are useful for people suffering from hypertension, as well as tachycardia and ischemia.
- The elderly should include in their diet the seeds of the plant in germinated form. This is a kind of cataract prophylaxis.
- Alfalfa seeds, mixed with water to a pasty state, help with hematomas, bruises and bites from blood-sicking insects.
- The plant contains chlorophyll. It is successfully used to combat bad breath. If you chew a small piece of alfalfa sprouts, then you will be able to get rid of your feelings about this for a while.
- Alfalfa is good for hair. Rinsing on the basis of this herb will accelerate hair growth.
- Interferes with occurrence and development of oncological illnesses.
- With this plant you can significantly increase the body's resistance to various infections.
Japanese radish daikon: useful properties and contraindications to the use.
Read in this article about the healing properties of sunberry and the use of plants in traditional medicine.
Harm and contraindications
Alfalfa has some contraindications. It should be used with particular caution in people who have an individual intolerance to certain components that make up the herb.
Also, it should not be used by patients with autoimmune diseases, those who have increased blood clotting, with acute gastric ulcer, with phenylketonuria.
Contraindications are children up to 3 years.
When diagnosing a disease such as lupus erythematosus, alfalfa in any form should not be used.
Alfalfa contains large amounts of fiber. Therefore, in order for the stomach to take it easier, before starting a course of grass treatment, you need to drink a course of drugs that contain bifidobacteria.
Methods of use in traditional medicine
Alfalfa has long been successfully used in traditional medicine. There are many recipes that include this perennial herb. We will consider the most popular and effective ones.
- With diabetes take the broth, which is prepared as follows: take 2 teaspoons of dried and chopped herbs, put it in an enamel bowl and pour it with one glass of boiling water. Then put the composition in a water bath for 20-25 minutes. After that we let it brew for 1 hour, filter and use during the day in small portions. During therapy, you should not forget to control blood sugar levels.
- For joint pain. Prepare a medical concentrate: pour 5 tablespoons of dry grass with vodka (0.5 liters). Insist 2 - 2.5 weeks. The finished product should be stored in a dark glass container in a dark, cool place. Method of application: on a half glass of water add 10 drops of the product and drink a few minutes before a meal.
- Alfalfa is used as wound healing and anti-aging remedies. The broth is prepared based on half a cup of boiling water 1 tablespoon of dry grass. Cooked brew is added to the bath when bathing. By applying dry grass to the wound, you can stop the bleeding. For the speedy resorption of hematomas, tampons moistened in alfalfa broth are applied to them.
- With menopause Alfalfa based medicine is used as a sedative. We take 200 milliliters of water and put in it 1st. spoon crushed dried raw materials. Boil the product for several minutes, then let it stand for at least 3 hours. The medicine is taken 3 times a day for half a glass a few minutes before meals.
- To raise immunity use young leaves of herbs in salads. Thus, the risk of anemia is reduced, the overall tone of the body increases, food is better absorbed.
- Improve lactation can be with the help of freshly squeezed juice from young shoots. Nursing mothers can drink it in 25 - 30 ml daily.
- Alfalfa used in dietary nutrition. Reduce your appetite to help decoction of this herb. We take 200 grams of young shoots and fill them with two glasses of boiling water. Let's wait until it cools down, and take one glass 15 minutes before meals.
- Get well from hemorrhoids You can use the bath, cooked them with one teaspoon of dry stems and a glass of boiling water. The tool will be ready in 20 minutes. Before use, it must be filtered.
The method of proper preparation of germinated seeds:
First, the seeds are soaked in clean water for 24 hours. After that, the water is drained, and the seeds are laid out in a thin layer on a clean rag and leave them until full germination.
In order for the seeds to germinate not to become covered with mold, they need to be washed 2–3 times every day in running water. As soon as green sprouts appear, the seeds are washed again and placed in a plastic container.
Sprouted alfalfa seeds are stored in the refrigerator. They can be added to salads, vitamin cocktails, or eat as an independent dish.
Medicinal raw materials are sold in pharmacies, but if you wish, you can prepare it yourself.
For therapeutic purposes, you need to cut only the above-ground part of the plant during the flowering period. The grass is dried in the open air, in a place where there is no access to direct sunlight.
Sprouted seeds - in the refrigerator in a closed container - up to 6 days.
Fresh stalks and leaves - in a plastic bag in the refrigerator - no more than 3 days.
If you have no contraindications to the use of alfalfa, include it in your diet and thus you will improve your well-being and prevent the occurrence of many diseases.
Useful and medicinal properties of alfalfa
Due to the high content of nutrients, alfalfa is used with pleasure both in cosmetology and in medicine. This plant treats a large range of various diseases, as well as use for the prevention and strengthening of the immune system.
Alfalfa has truly unique healing properties, such as:
- Diuretic. This plant is an excellent aid in the treatment of edema.
- Laxative. Alfalfa also helps to deal with problems in the gastrointestinal tract.
Important! Despite such a large number of properties of alfalfa, before using this plant it is worth consulting with a specialist who will help you choose the right course of treatment, its duration and doses of using natural medicine.
The use of alfalfa in medicine
Due to the large variety of beneficial properties and high content of beneficial substances, alfalfa is used in the treatment of diseases such as:
- Poor eyesight. Beta-carotene contained in this beneficial plant can improve and restore vision, as well as help in the treatment of various eye diseases.
- A stomach ulcer. Vitamin P, which is contained in the dawn, serves as an excellent aid in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Endometriosis. Alfalfa contains isoflavones, which are able to act as an auxiliary component in the treatment of gynecological and hormonal diseases.
- Neurosis. Due to the content of vitamin B6, this unique plant helps to fight fatigue, stress and problems with the nervous system.
- Flatulence. A person who regularly uses alfalfa smoothes the walls of the stomach, becoming more elastic, which prevents or fights meteorism and heartburn that has already appeared.
- Arthritis. Magnesium and calcium, the content of which in alfalfa is large enough, help to get rid of excess uric acid in the body, which has a positive effect on the treatment of arthritis and gout.
- Osteoporosis. The presence of potassium and vitamin D allows alfalfa to be considered a truly excellent medicine for the treatment of various fractures and diseases of the human skeleton.
- Problems with teeth. Fluoride contained in dawn strengthens and heals teeth well.
- Hematomas. The composition of alfalfa includes vitamin K, which helps to treat this disease.
- Cholesterol. Alfalfa also helps lower cholesterol levels in the human body due to the fact that it contains saponins.
- Atherosclerosis. If you are tortured with blood clots in the arteries, then this plant will come to your aid, because the coumarin contained in it does an excellent job with this disease.
- Bites. Pasta made from alfalfa and applied to the affected skin will help speed up the healing process of wounds, hematomas and bites.
- Hair loss If you add this plant to rinses or independently prepare a solution and rinse their heads with it, then it will strengthen the hair and prevent their loss.
In alfalfa, all parts of the plant are useful - due to the powerful root system, its above-ground part gets the maximum of nutrients from the soil. It is easy to dry it yourself and get the grass with 8 unique amino acids that will best affect the health of the human body.
Vitamins in large quantities, especially group B, are the most useful minerals, the value of which is that they are all in an easily digestible formula. Even alfalfa has a favorable effect on human hormones.
Tested by time: traditional medicine
In folk biomedicine, alfalfa has long been successfully used for a variety of purposes:
- Hemostatic, wound healing preparation in the form of leaf powder.
- Against Trichomonas colpitis. This infectious inflammatory disease is treated with a decoction of the herbal part.
- Alfalfa has long been known as a diuretic, it counteracts diseases such as diabetes.
Popular beauty recipes have been adopted by industrial cosmetic companies. Compresses for the rejuvenation of the crushed raw materials, decoctions, masks with the addition of honey can be replaced with a cream with plant phytoconcentrate.
Tip To strengthen the nails and hair is used inside.
The fight against cholesterol, overweight, prevention of heart disease - the problems of modern people. Alfalfa with its unique composition actively helps in this area:
- organic saponins block cholesterol absorption,
- coumarin derivatives fight thrombosis,
- promotes more productive splitting of fats coming from food,
- prevention of cellulite due to the withdrawal of excess fluid,
- chlorophyll promotes detoxification of the whole body,
- decoction of young shoots reduces appetite.
In addition, the formula with a large amount of calcium and magnesium contributes to the prevention of arthritis and gout, due to the withdrawal of excess uric acid. Diabetics will help regulate the amount of glucose.
Another important property of alfalfa is to inhibit the factors and agents that provoke cancer. Of course, the action is not directed at all carcinogens, but only those that enter the digestive tract: their components of the plant are enveloped and removed. This unique ability of alfalfa has been discovered relatively recently and is now being thoroughly studied at the US National Cancer Institute.
How to use
You can begin to improve your body with the most preferable moments - culinary. In European countries, alfalfa has long been used as an ingredient in salads and soups, because young seedlings are very similar in their organoleptic qualities to green peas. To combine tasty and healthy is a pleasant way of treatment.
The modern pharmacological industry usually offers the most convenient form of release of this drug. By the way, the first food additive (BAA), not registered as a medicine, was created on the basis of this herb.
Alfalfa is an amazing plant, unassuming, but so informative. It is rare when traditional medicine products find such support from biologists, chemists, doctors in the future. They find the components of the plant beneficial to humans and very promising in terms of health promotion.
What is alfalfa
On an industrial scale, two types of alfalfa are used for animal feed and for medical purposes:
The beneficial properties of alfalfa are explained by its rich balanced composition and the presence in the grass of rare amino acids and chemical elements that are valuable to human health. After all, alfalfa root system from 15-20 meters in depth. It takes from the deep layers of the soil valuable substances (trace elements, minerals, etc.) that are inaccessible to other plants.
Alfalfa includes such substances:
- Fatty Organic Acids
- Essential oils
- Amino Acids
- Vitamins of the groups K, E, D2, B1, B2, D3, B12, C
- Micro and macronutrients: Cl, P, Fe, Mg, Ca, F, K, Na
- Pantothenic acid
Drug preparations, which include alfalfa, have a lot of useful properties. Basically, their action is aimed at normalizing metabolism, improving the endocrine and circulatory systems, removing cholesterol from the body.
For medicinal purposes, use grass, flowers and pods of alfalfa. Also, fresh leaves of the herb can be added to vegetable dishes and salads. However, you should know that wild grass is not suitable for use - the harm of alfalfa in this case will be significant for the body. Fields where grass grows can be treated with harmful poisons and chemicals to improve crop growth and weed removal. That is why preference should be given to fresh alfalfa, which is grown in greenhouses and special places along with the popular spicy herbs.
Also harm to alfalfa when it is used is not excluded for people diagnosed with the following diseases:
- lupus erythematosus
- Autoimmune pathologies
- Chronic and acute diseases of the digestive system
- Individual intolerance to plant components
It is dangerous enough to use alfalfa and drugs based on it during pregnancy in the early stages. In the later stages of pregnancy, the use of this herb may be relevant in small quantities due to vitamin K, which prevents postpartum hemorrhage.
It is not recommended to take alfalfa for diseases of the stomach, and if there is an allergy to legumes, otherwise indigestion and flatulence may occur.
If you have been appointed to take funds that contain alfalfa, it is better to avoid their simultaneous use with fresh milk, in order to avoid incompatibility of products. Milk itself is a hard-to-match product, especially with legumes.
Alfalfa in traditional medicine
The beneficial properties of alfalfa were known to people in ancient times. In traditional and traditional medicine, this herb is used quite widely - although, unlike many medicinal plants, only leaves and flowers of alfalfa are taken for the preparation of decoctions and tinctures, and not the root system.
The herb has bactericidal, strengthening, diuretic properties and has a positive effect on all systems of vital activity. Recipes of traditional medicine based on alfalfa will help get rid of many diseases:
To remove toxins: 1 spoon of dry alfalfa pour boiling water and insist (at least 3 hours). The resulting infusion must be taken before meals for 1/3 cup.
Diabetics: you need to squeeze the juice from fresh alfalfa and take it 30.40 minutes before meals. This treatment leads to the normalization of glucose in the blood and improve health.
To lower cholesterol: 100 g of pure alcohol must be mixed with a spoonful of dry alfalfa and insisted for 14 days at room temperature. The resulting tincture is taken in a volume of 10 g before meals (to reduce the strength during reception, you can dilute the tincture with a small amount of water).
Anti-aging mask: dry alfalfa herb (1 spoon) must be crushed into powder, add a few drops of boiled water and natural honey. You should get a mixture resembling sour cream. Apply the mask should be for 10 minutes, and after rinsing the face is recommended to moisten with any cream.
Increase heart endurance
Potassium and iron, present in large quantities in alfalfa, are good for our heart health. The vasodilator effect of potassium helps to reduce blood pressure, and iron stimulates the production of red blood cells, thereby improving blood circulation and providing oxygen to all internal organs. The combination of these factors allows you to remove the increased load from the heart muscle, prevent ischemia, heart attack, thrombosis, angina.
Phytoestrogens contained in the seeds and leaves of alfalfa are among the most valuable compounds that can prevent many chronic diseases, including cancer. The antioxidant properties of plant estrogens protect healthy cells from mutation, thereby reducing the risk of cancer. Alfalfa ingredients neutralize the activity of carcinogens in the digestive tract, contributing to their removal, before they can cause damage to the body.
Due to its high Vitamin C content, alfalfa extracts are very beneficial to the human immune system. In addition, Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, eliminating the oxidative stress of the body. Обнаруженный в люцерне Витамин Е регулирует обменные процессы, положительно влияет на репродуктивные функции, омолаживает клетки и соединительные ткани.
Improving the respiratory system
Alfalfa herbal tinctures are traditionally used in the treatment of respiratory diseases, cold and flu, viral and bacterial infections, bronchitis, asthma, and sore throats. The beneficial properties of alfalfa for humans are also in the fact that, along with anti-inflammatory characteristics, it has the ability to activate the body’s defensive functions against infection of infections affecting the throat, bronchi and lungs.
Treatment of joint diseases
Folk healers often use decoctions of dry leaves to relieve pain in arthritis, rheumatism and other inflammatory diseases. Alfalfa extracts are high in Vitamin C and Group B, rich in calcium, fluorine, potassium, iron, and antioxidants. A set of these substances reduces inflammation in the joints, strengthens the immune system. Alfalfa decoctions, at the rate of 2-3 tablespoons per cup of boiling water, should be consumed 50 grams three times a day before meals. You can use tincture or honey alfalfa externally in the form of warm compresses on painful areas.
Young alfalfa grass is rich in dietary fiber, which plays an important role in regulating the balance between "good" and "bad" cholesterol. It also contains glycosides that prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels. This avoids such serious ills as hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
Stimulation of digestive processes
Plant fibers optimize the work of the stomach and intestines. Eating young sprouts of alfalfa will get rid of many unpleasant problems, including indigestion, heartburn, bloating, cramps, diarrhea, constipation, bacterial imbalances of intestinal microflora. Studies show that alfalfa can reduce blood sugar levels, which can serve to prevent and treat diabetes.
Description of the plant and its chemical composition
What does alfalfa look like? This perennial sowing or wild plant has a thick, strong stem, elliptical leaves and is capable of reaching a height of 100 cm. Its powerful root system can grow over large areas improving breathability and soil structure. Blue-violet inflorescences resemble small boats in their appearance, and after flowering fruits begin to form.
Quite well studied what is alfalfa. The composition of this plant includes the following components:
- amino acids
- essential oils,
- organic fatty acids
- vitamins C, E, K, B1, B2, B12, D2, D3,
- pantothenic acid
- micro and macronutrients.
With the purpose of treatment use all ground parts of the plant: seeds, stems and leaves. Germinated seeds have the greatest value, since they contain the maximum amount of all the useful substances.
Drugs that include alfalfa have many useful properties. They are mainly used for normalization of metabolism, improve the circulatory and endocrine systems, the removal of cholesterol from the body.
Healing and beneficial properties
What is useful alfalfa? In dried form, this plant, the photo of which can be seen in the article, has a diuretic and diuretic effect. It is actively used by people suffering from diabetes, as well as it is used for fast healing damaged skin. The plant has firming and anti-inflammatory properties.
The therapeutic properties of alfalfa have a beneficial effect on the course of the menstrual cycle, especially if there is a violation or deviation from the norm. Alfalfa also benefits during pregnancy.helping to strengthen the bones of the fetus.
As shown by the perennial use of alfalfa, the healing properties of this plant improve the human immune system. Thanks to immunomodulatory qualities, there is a gradual restoration of the normal functioning of protective mechanisms of the patient's body. If the disease is in severe form, the plant helps to maintain the body, providing it with the necessary energy in the fight against illness.
The herb provides special assistance to people who suffer from tuberculosis, as it has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Thanks to alfalfa, the activity of the tubercle bacillus in the body is reduced. Drugs based on this plant have an expectorant effect, helping to cleanse the lungs of sputum and facilitate breathing.
Alfalfa also does an excellent job with viral fungal diseases. It disrupts protein metabolism in fungal cells, inhibiting their development and gradually leading to death. Sometimes doctors use this plant as an additional therapeutic agent in combination with medication. But it usually happens if the disease is severe.
Alfalfa has an antitumor effect and its use helps to stop the development of pathological processes in the body. In this case, benign growths begin to quickly dissolve, not giving turn them into malignant.
The active ingredients in alfalfa improve cardiovascular function. In addition, the heart muscle is strengthened and its work is normalized. In a positive way, the plant also affects the vessels, strengthening the walls and making them more elastic. As a result, blood pressure stabilizes and decreases risk of heart attack or stroke.
The plant improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, speeding up the digestive processes in the body and activating intestinal peristalsis. This solves problems with constipation and "lazy bowels." Alfalfa also helps lose weight.
In addition, the herb has regenerating, toning and firming properties. It charges the body with energy during a breakdown or overwork. Medicinal products based on alfalfa are recommended to be taken not only for physical but also for mental fatigue.
Application in cosmetology
The beneficial properties of alfalfa have found their application in cosmetology. This plant is used to prepare a variety of cosmetics for hair and skin. Some tools can be easily prepared by yourself. For the skin using a decoction with alfalfa, which helps smooth out wrinkles. As a result, the skin begins to gradually rejuvenate and becomes more elastic.
Disinfection and wound healing
Aqueous and alcoholic tinctures of alfalfa are used to disinfect wound surfaces, which speeds up their tightening. Bactericidal substances prevent the introduction of microbes, and vitamins and minerals stimulate the healing of damaged tissues. Alfalfa is rich in protein, so it is useful to use decoctions of plants for people who have suffered serious illnesses to fill the energy balance.
Cleansing the body
Pharmaceutical preparations and homemade decoction of alfalfa are used to treat cystitis, pyelonephritis, kidney ailments, relieve edema caused by excess fluid in muscles and tissues. The diuretic properties of the plant accelerate the removal of water, toxins, salts and fats, which helps not only cleanse the body, but also get rid of a couple of extra kilograms.
Improving skin and hair health
To increase skin elasticity and prevent hair loss, it is recommended to include in your menu salads from young shoots of alfalfa, as they contain a large amount of vitamins, minerals, pectin, protein and fatty acids. Medicinal decoctions are used for washing, masks, wiping the skin of the face, rinsing the hair after washing.
Alfalfa - contraindications
The beneficial properties of the plant are well studied, there are few contraindications to the use of preparations based on alfalfa:
You should not resort to the treatment of decoctions, tinctures and oil of beans for women during pregnancy and lactation, as well as children up to the age of twelve.
In gallstone disease, pancreatitis and lupus erythematosus, the uncontrolled use of alfalfa extracts can cause irreparable harm to the body. Their use is not recommended without prior consultation with a physician.
Some people may experience negative reactions from the gastrointestinal tract with individual intolerance to the components that make up plant raw materials.