Vertical gardening in a designer landscape is a projection long known to everyone and very popular until now. The main point is the competent choice of plants to create compositions.
You should pay special attention to the plant Clematis Piilu, which can be attributed to the group of compact varieties, which is why it can fit in a small garden or even on the balcony in the apartment, on the loggia or on the terrace.
If the florist establishes a strong support for the creeper, he can immediately notice how the space changes around. Bright greens and a pleasant aroma emanating from decorative flowers - this is an ideal option for any grower.
Clematis pylu characteristic and description of a group of plants
This plant came from Estonia, it was here that it was selected. Unlike a large number of relatives, it does not have such high growth (it can reach a maximum of 1, 5 meters), and is very compact. More often with proper care the plant blooms profusely. Flowering takes place at the plant from May to July, with proper cultivation, repeat in September. The culture has large flowers (10–12 centimeters) of lilac-pink color with a dark pink stripe; they have bright yellow stamens in the middle.
The main feature of the plant is that their shape is directly dependent on the age of the shoots of the culture. For example, young flowers develop simple shoots, and last year's - semi-double. It is a variety with moderate growth, if there is additional support, the flower clings to it through all the petioles and creates a thick form of thickets.
Clematis: features of planting and growing
The cultivation rules for this crop are exactly the same as for other varieties of clematis. There are several special features that any florist should pay attention to:
- This is a plant that prefers to grow in the light, but it does not tolerate the direct rays of the sun, the best option would be to choose diffused light for the plant, and you can create a little shading.
- Choose a site for a culture that is well protected from the wind, as well as the surrounding drafts.
- He likes to land on fertile loam mixtures with a weakly alkaline or neutral environment reaction.
- At the very bottom of the landing pit it is necessary to lay a drainage layer of expanded clay, sand or gravel.
- Do not place the plant near groundwater, otherwise its root system will quickly rot.
- In the case when the seedlings have an open variety of the root system, the planting should be done in spring or autumn, but if the plants grow in a container, then it can be planted in the summer season.
The rest of the process of care for the crop includes regular watering, fertilizing with organic fertilizers and timely pruning. Clematis loves soil moisture. Watering plantsI have to go regularly - once every seven days, if the summers are hot and dry, then the amount of watering should be doubled. During the growing season, fertilizing twice a day should be done with fertilizers containing a complex of mineral substances.
How is clematis pruned?
Like all other varieties of this crop, it is important for clematis to perform a regular pruning process. Everyone who ever grew this plant knows that it is possible to cut it at once in several ways to choose from, with each of the methods of the doom includes its own characteristics. So, for this culture, you should use the second type of pruning, which is typical for varieties in which the inflorescences bloom not only on fresh shoots, but also on old ones. Pruning is considered quite gentle, it will be best to carry it out in the autumn.
There is no definite answer about how tall the shoots should be, some gardeners report that 50–100 centimeters will be optimal for this plant, while others consider 100–150 centimeters. The best option will have to get with reusable samples and mistakes. If your clematis needs rejuvenation therapy, then you should use the maximum method of pruning, weak or affected shoots should be completely removed from the bed.
It is also worth remembering the process of pinching. The very first occurs when the culture reaches a height of 10–20 centimeters, after all the shoots grow to the level of 50–70 degrees, and the last nipping is done after reaching the plant 100–150 centimeters.
If the florist plans to plant a crop in an open field, then it is worth considering the following unusual facts about clematis. The site of plant growth should be well protected from the wind, as well as from various drafts. Clematis is light-loving culture, while landing under the direct rays of the sun is strictly prohibited, the best scattered light in this business. Therefore, for the plant, you can create a light shading on the site of growth.
Also, the flowers do not tolerate much heated soil, so it is worth covering the ground around the plant with a layer of moss or humus. You can also plant low-growing plants around the crop, grass to create a lawn, other flowers, so that they can create a special coolness and shade.
The soil for the plant is well suited loose and fertile, with a good layer of drainage. At the bottom of the pit or container is to place a certain amount of sand, expanded clay, as well as gravel. One more may be an option clay or loamy soils with a neutral acidity index. Rootstocks of the plant should in no case reach to groundwater, otherwise they will actively spread rot. As a result, the plant will die soon.
Saplings that have an open type of root system should be transplanted in spring or autumn. If the roots are in a certain capacity, the plant can be transplanted in the summer season.
How does the process of growing culture?
High-quality and careful care for clematis includes regular watering and fertilizing. Watering should occur constantly and deeply, at least once in seven days. In hot, dry weather, watering should be increased to 2 or 3 times, and you should use a large amount of water.
After the plant reaches the age of seven years, it begins to bloom in smaller flowers. This is due to the development of a large root system and poor water access. That is why Florists advise dig around a clematis bucket with an additional hole in the bottom. In the process of watering, they will begin to fill up, the water will not go anywhere, and then spread over time into the depths of the soil.
In the first year of growth, clematis may not be fertilized. Top dressing should be carried out throughout the growing season - 4 times during the summer season.
Make it after watering. Better than that will apply fertilizers on an organic basis. It will be good to fertilize the plant with water after washing fish or other meat in it.
In the spring time it will be good to feed the plant with chalk, which will be diluted in water together with copper. Besides all this:
- It is time to remove excess weeds.
- Over time, loosen the soil, if it is mulched. It should be mandatory to give the soil oxygenation.
- Roots should be placed in partial shade.
- To prevent the flower from overheating in spring, it should be mulched.
- Liana plants can endure a large number of diseases.
How to trim a crop?
There are just three ways to perform clematis pruning. For each variety of plants it is individual.
- Group A is the first pruning method. Used for crops in which last year's shoots begin to bloom. On fresh shoots flowers develop extremely rarely. Before the onset of winter, the escaping region along with flowers should be cut off, diseased shoots should be completely eliminated.
- Group B is the second method of cutting. This pruning can be attributed to the climate of Piilu. Clematis varieties, in which flowers develop on both old and new shoots.
To bloom became the most abundant, lasted a long time, pruning of this plant should be carried out twice. First time - in summer time cut off part of the shoot, on which there are already dried flowers. If the vine is very luxuriant, then the whole shoot is cut.
The second stage of pruning - fresh shoots are cut in the autumn time before the onset of severe cold weather.
In this case, use a different degree of pruning, everything will depend on the density of the inflorescences on the bush or on getting earlier flowering. For a culture to flourish earlier, only a flowering area should be cut. For adjusting the pomp of the plant and the number of branches, as well as flowering ran more evenly, you should use a moderate degree of trimming plants, as well as deep. Deep pruning involves the removal of the entire escape entirely. Moderate is cutting a branch to the first true leaf.
Group C is the third way to perform clematis pruning. This includes clematis piilu, in which the main flowering process takes place predominantly on new shoots. Flowering occurs from July to late September. Trimming should be medium or strong.
How is the wintering of the plant?
Before sheltering a plant for wintering, groups of A and B should leave a section of the vine, cutting the plant to 70–100 centimeters from the first large buds, if any. They may not occur if summer was cold either too short. If there are no any buds on the shoots, then the shoots should be cut to the ground level or leave the above-ground part with a height of 20-30 centimeters. If the plant is not covered for the winter period, then all the buds can freeze and die.
In clematis groups B and C on the remaining branch is to cut off excess foliage and lay it on the ground. It is better to use at the same time spruce branch or dog mint. It is these shoots that can be used in the springtime for the process of reproduction by layering.
After the vine you need to fall asleep foliage. Bricks should be placed on the sides, lay the boards on top. All this should be firmly wrapped with a single and large piece of plastic film.
There is another way. You can put the sheets on a wooden shield, but under the weight of the snow they are able to coagulate, therefore there will not be that airbagwhich is able to retain enough heat. But with this method, mouse nests will not form inside the foliage. A water rat will not chew on the inside of the branches.
The plant is considered to be frost-resistant, and in the winter it is afraid of strong moisture. That is why before the onset of winter is to keep the plant dry. Icing can ruin Pyla. But with too much coverage, clematis is able to protrude and then rot.
It is equally important to carry out the opening of the protection of the plant with the arrival of spring.
Do not use sawdust for shelter culture. They are able to quickly get wet, and when the frost is actively freezing. With offensive spring weather they thaw for a long time, it is able to delay the process of removing the cover from the flower, which in most cases leads to maturation.
Reproduction of clematis can be done in three ways:
- The division of the bushes.
- Plucking of parts of shoots in springtime.
- Reproduction by cuttings in the summer and autumn.
Shrub division occurs in crops of age not older than 6-7 years. Older plants already have a rather fragile and overgrown root system, so it will become very difficult to divide it, with the result that the rhizomes will break off greatly.
Some data on the grade will be summarized in the table:
Compared with other varieties of clematis, Piilu is not high, because most of the plants of this genus grow up to 2.5-4 meters in height. Gardeners cultivating this variety in the harsh conditions of Siberia notice that its height may not exceed 1 meter.
The considered variety is not characterized by rapid growth, but it is impressive with abundant flowering. Such qualities make it ideal for planting in pots on balconies and loggias, for gardening small gardens or personal plots.
The foliage of the plant is bright green. Clematis is not only very beautiful, but also spreads a pleasant aroma around itself.
Many gardeners notice that clematis bushes that have reached the age of 7 years, the size of the flowers decreases. Not an exception, and "Piliu." This feature is associated with the growth of the root system deep into it, as a result of which the plants begin to suffer from a deficiency of nutrients and water (in the absence of rain, moisture does not penetrate into the deep layers of the soil during watering). This problem can be solved by competent care for liana.
Shrubs are propagated by cuttings, dividing a bush or layering. In this case, the division of the bush is recommended to perform at the age of 3-5 years, since earlier the root system is not sufficiently formed, and later the roots expand strongly and are difficult to separate, without injuring the plant.
The flowers of “Piilu” are at the same time very expressive and unusually tender. The color is usually pink or mauve. A distinctive feature of the flowers of this variety is a wide stripe of dark pink color, passing in the middle of each petal (the strip becomes narrower towards the end of the petal). The stamens are bright yellow.
Each simple flower contains 4-6 petals, while the terry flowers of the petals can be 3-4 times more. The edges of the petals are wavy. The size of the flowers is quite large, in diameter 10-12 cm.
Clematis blossoms twice per season and very abundant. Flowers that form on the overwintered shoots of last year can be seen already in late May - early June. In the first year after planting, the plant may bloom a little later. Semi-double or double flowers appear only in the first wave of flowering. On the young shoots of the current year, flowers are always ordinary. This stage of flowering begins in July and lasts until September or the first frost.
According to the reviews of clematis "Piilu", the variety is hardy and unpretentious. It is successfully grown not only in the southern and central regions, but also in the Urals and Siberia. According to the manufacturers, the plant can successfully withstand temperatures as low as −34. But it is better not to leave the bush without a special shelter in the regions of risky farming (even in the conditions of a snowy winter).
Clematis will grow poorly on clay soils, and especially if ground waters are close to the surface. Experienced gardeners know how detrimental to the roots of this plant is stagnant water. Liana loves light soil with neutral acidity or slightly acidic. For the active growth of shoots and the formation of flowers necessary planting in a sunny place or partial shade.
Diseases of the plant is not very susceptible. You can rarely see rust, wilt, gray rot or powdery mildew on it. Clematis can also be attacked by a bear, a spider mite, a fly, a nematode, or even rodents.
Planting and care
Quite often, Clematis is used for planting on balconies and loggias. A prerequisite in this case is the choice of a sufficiently spacious container for planting, because the roots of a plant can grow with time to a depth and width of 70 cm and more.
When growing in open ground, choose a well-lit sunny and quiet place without drafts. If a fence or hedge serves as a support, then the pit for planting should be dug at a distance of at least 20 cm from them. When clematis is planted near the wall of the house, the distance is increased to 30-40 cm and make sure that the plant does not drain water from the roof.
Shrubs of this variety are quite compact, so the distance between seedlings can be from 80 cm. As with other varieties of this plant, the bottom condition for planting is the depth of the lower bud to a depth of at least 8 cm. This technique will help to protect young shoots formed in spring .
If the groundwater lies close to the surface at the site, it is necessary to raise the soil level by about 0.5 meters before planting clematis in the chosen place. The clematis pit is dug on the created elevation, and drainage is placed on the bottom of it, thereby preventing overmoistening of the root system. Also in the pit lay a layer of humus.
It is better to set a constant support when landing, its height should not be less than 1.5 meters in height and 1 meter in width. To avoid overheating of the soil around clematis, many gardeners plant a calendula, decorative moss or lawn grass at the base of the plant.
For clematis, such agrotechnical method as pinching is suitable. It is necessary to cut off the tops of the first shoots above the third node in order to provoke the formation of additional shoots (so that the bush “raskustils”, that is, become more fluffy).
Clematis is watered abundantly, about 1 time per week. Чтобы влага достигала глубоко залегающих корней растения, которому уже более 7 лет, нужно вкопать вокруг куста несколько емкостей без дна или кусков пластиковых труб. При поливе они заполнятся водой, которая не будет впитываться верхним слоем почвы и проникнет довольно глубоко.
В течение года выполняют профилактическую обработку от болезней и вредителей.
According to the official classification, the group of pruning clematis “Piilu” is 2. But many gardeners who grow this variety in the harsh conditions of Siberia refer it to the so-called transition group 2-3. The similarity with the 3rd group to clematis is given by the fact that it blooms profusely both on young shoots and last year’s. Whereas many classic representatives of the 2nd group, especially in the conditions of a short summer, bloom weakly on new shoots, and they may not bloom at all.
If the 2nd group assumes a partial pruning of plants, and the 3rd - strong, then for clematis "Piilu" choose one of these approaches, depending on climatic conditions. In the summer of last year's shoots, which ended flowering, cut, leaving about 10 cm in length, and in the fall they are removed completely. In the southern regions, the bushes are prepared for wintering, cutting off young shoots either by half or up to 3-4 buds. In the conditions of severe winters characteristic of areas of risky farming, the shrub overwinters better when all the stems are radically removed (to the level of the soil) and mulched. Pruning up to 3-4 buds is possible, but in this case shoots must be covered.
Anatoly, 49 years old, Obninsk
I have long wanted to decorate a balcony with climbing plants, and as a result of a long search, my choice was clematis. Acquired "Piilu" because the manufacturer stated that the variety does not grow too much and is suitable for growing in tubs. I planted it in April, immediately tied it to a special grid. Flowers had to wait almost 2 months. They are very beautiful, the wife is delighted with such decoration of the balcony, although at first she did not believe that the plant could actively grow in a pot.
Alexandra, 61, Penza
I like this variety very much - it blooms for a long time, it is low, the flowers are almost the entire length, evenly on both sides of the netting of the chain-link, only fading a little. True, this year noticed that the flowers have decreased in size. I dug near the roots of the 3 pots so that the water could go deeper, see what happens next year.
Elena, 42, Sibay
Good variety, beautifully bloomed all summer. With the onset of cold weather, they cut and covered a bush. In the spring they understood that the plant had died, it was clear that the frosts were strong.
You can learn more about the types, varieties and groups of clematis in the following video:
Mom, wife and housewife, lawyer and accountant in one person. Never stops at what has been accomplished and seeks to gain new knowledge in various fields. He is pleased to share his discoveries in the field of gardening with readers.
Found a bug? Select the text with the mouse and click:
New American developers - robot Tertill, performing weeding in the garden. The device is invented under the direction of John Downes (the creator of the robot vacuum cleaner) and works autonomously under any weather conditions, moving on uneven surfaces on wheels. At the same time, he cuts off all plants below 3 cm with the built-in trimmer.
There is no natural protection for tomatoes from late blight. If the phytophtora attacks, any tomatoes (and potatoes too) perish, no matter what is said in the description of the varieties (“varieties resistant to late blight” are just a marketing ploy).
In Australia, scientists have begun experiments on cloning several varieties of grapes grown in cold regions. Climate warming, which is predicted for the next 50 years, will lead to their extinction. Australian varieties have excellent characteristics for winemaking and are not susceptible to diseases common in Europe and America.
Oklahoma farmer Karl Burns developed an unusual variety of multi-colored corn called Rainbow Corn. The grains on each cob are of different colors and shades: brown, pink, purple, blue, green, etc. This result was achieved by the long-term selection of the most colored ordinary varieties and their crossing.
In small Denmark, any piece of land is very expensive. Therefore, local gardeners have adapted to grow fresh vegetables in buckets, large packages, foam boxes filled with a special earth mixture. Such agrotechnical methods allow you to get a crop, even at home.
The homeland of pepper is America, but the main breeding work on the cultivation of sweet varieties was carried out, in particular, by Ferenc Croat (Hungary) in the 20s. XX century in Europe, mainly in the Balkans. Pepper has already come to Russia from Bulgaria, that's why it got its usual name - “Bulgarian”.
It is necessary to collect medicinal flowers and inflorescences at the very beginning of the flowering period, when the content of nutrients in them is as high as possible. The flowers are supposed to be torn by hands, tearing off the rough stalks. Dried collected flowers and herbs, scattering in a thin layer, in a cool room at natural temperature without access to direct sunlight.
From varietal tomatoes, you can get "your" seeds for sowing the next year (if you really liked the variety). And with hybrid it is useless to do it: the seeds will be obtained, but they will carry the hereditary material of the wrong plant from which it was taken, but of its many “ancestors”.
Both humus and compost are rightfully the basis of organic farming. Their presence in the soil significantly increases the yield and improves the taste of vegetables and fruits. In terms of properties and appearance, they are very similar, but they should not be confused. Humus - rotted manure or bird droppings. Compost - rotted organic debris of the most diverse origin (food spoiled from the kitchen, tops, weeds, thin twigs). Humus is considered a better fertilizer, compost is more accessible.
For creating the hybrid clematis, Piil needs to thank the Estonian breeder Uno Kivistika. The first flowers were bred in the 90s of the last century. Before clematis fell on the garden plots, he passed the test for several years. The name Piilu is translated from Estonian as “little duckling”.
The variety was obtained on the basis of Clematis. Piilu has the ability to form flower buds on the shoots of the first year and older. The only difference is in the colors: on young stems they are with one row of petals, on all other flowers of clematis Piilu - double or semi-double.
Clematis Piilu Description
It is simply impossible to understand without a photo and description what a clematis variety of Peela is.
If the plant is compared with other representatives of the culture, then it can be attributed to undersized - the length of the shoots is not more than one and a half meters. Although gardeners in the Northern regions, as noted in the reviews, lashers stop growing by 90 cm.
Climbing clematis necessarily require support, for which it clings to its petioles. The result is a hedge of bright green leaves and beautiful large flowers, depleting delicate aroma.
The colors of the clematis buds of the Piilu variety (this is clearly seen in the photo), pale pink or rose-lilac, harmoniously combined with bright yellow stamens.
As was noted, the flowers of clematis varieties Piilu are simple and terry. On simple buds - from 4 to 6 petals, and on terry or semi-double - 2-4 times more.
Along the edge of the petals well-marked waviness. Clematis Piilu from the group of large-flowered plants, in diameter - from 10 to 12 cm.
Flowering is long and abundant, usually 2 waves. The first buds appear on perennial bushes that survived the winter as early as May-June. The plants of the first year of life bloom later. Flowering ends with the onset of the first frost.
When describing Clematis of Piilu variety, one cannot miss such a moment: because of the strong growth of the root system in depth on bushes older than 7 years, the flowers become shallow. Roots can not get the nutrients from the surface.
Frost resistance, drought resistance
Gardeners in the reviews write about the unpretentiousness of clematis varieties and its frost resistance. The temperature to -34 degrees they endure without any damage. That is why clematis variety Piilu can be grown not only in temperate climates. In the Siberian and Ural gardens also grow these amazingly beautiful plants.
But the drought has a negative attitude, with long-term absence of water, buds and leaves may fall off.
If we talk about the timing of planting flowers in a permanent place, it is necessary to take into account the climatic conditions of the growing region. Southern gardeners begin work in the fall. With regards to Siberia, the Urals, it is best to plant clematis Piilu in the spring so that the seedlings of the variety have time to take root and adapt to the growing conditions.
Choosing the right place
Its further development and lush flowering will depend on where the Clematis sapling of the Piilu variety is planted:
- open shadow and lack of drafts,
- when planting at the fence, you need to retreat by 20 cm, from the wall of the house - by 40 cm so that rainwater does not fall on the bushes,
- groundwater should not be close to the surface
- the soil is light and loose, fertilized with humus or compost.
Selection and preparation of planting material
Before planting you need to inspect the seedlings. Leaves and shoots of clematis Piilu should not be traces of diseases and pests. You need to choose bushes with a strong root system.
In order for the plant to take root faster in a new place, a seedling with an open root system needs to be revived a little - soak in any growth stimulator. Shrubs grown in containers are watered before planting.
Features planting varieties of clematis Piilu:
- Dig holes 50x50x50 or 70x70x70 in size, depending on the size of the root system at a distance of at least 80 cm.
- Lay drainage on the bottom, fertile soil above, pour water over it.
- In the center make a mound and install a support.
- Dip the seedling into the clay talker, lightly dry it.
- Clematis located on a hill, straighten the roots.
- Sprinkle with earth, lightly tamp and pour.
- Tie up the bush to the support, laying a piece of fabric or foam between the stem and the bundle so that the bark is not scraped off.
- Grate the root zone with dry grass.
- Experienced gardeners advise planting the soil around clematis Piilu with calendula, decorative moss, and lawn grass to protect the roots from overheating.
Caring for clematis Piil is no more difficult than for other garden flowers. All events are identical:
- watering, feeding, loosening,
- pruning and pinching
- protection from diseases and insects,
- soil mulching and plant preparation for winter.
Clematis poorly tolerate drought, you need to constantly maintain soil moisture. If the winter was dry, then watering irrigation is carried out in early spring, then the landings are not watered before the summer comes.
In dry and hot weather, watering is carried out 1-2 times a week. Under each bush clematis Piilu poured in the evening for 1-4 buckets. Use only warm water.
Immediately after landing, you should not worry about clematis Piilu feeding. She usually start with 2 years of cultivation. Feed plantings with mineral and organic fertilizers in 4 stages:
- at the beginning of the growing season
- during the formation of buds,
- during the first wave of flowering,
- before shelter for the winter.
In addition to special fertilizers, chicken manure, manure, wood ash, hybrid clematis to Piilu, according to gardeners, responds positively to irrigation with a liquid that washed meat and fish.
Mulching and soil loosening
Since the drought resistance of the plant is low, the soil must be mulched to retain moisture. If other flowers have not been planted, then it is desirable to spread out the faded green grass, straw over the entire surface.
Gardeners who have been cultivating for more than one year indicate that Piilu’s variegated flowering of clematis can be achieved if it is taken into account that it belongs to group 2 of pruning. Pruning should be gentle, plan activities for the fall. The height of the escaped shoots can be arbitrary, but it is optimal to leave from 50 to 100 cm, depending on the length of the shoot.
When rejuvenating pruning leave only strong and healthy rods, the rest are removed.
Stimulate the lush terry flowers on Cleel's clematis (on shoots over 1 year old) by pinching. The first time the operation is carried out at a level when the height of the bush is 20-30 cm, the second is 50-70 cm. The third time the plant is shortened when the whips reach the maximum height.
Preparing for the winter
To the variety Piilu, according to the reviews of gardeners, preparation for winter adversity is required. Choose a dry day for work:
- first remove the unblown leaves,
- then carry out sanitary and formative pruning,
- water the bushes under the root, if autumn is dry,
- spray Piilu shrubs and root collar with bluestone, sprinkle the surface with wood ash,
- the root system is covered by pouring a bucket of dry compost or humus under the plant.
Shelter bush for the winter
In the south of the special shelter bushes are not required. In autumn and autumn in Siberia, we will have to work hard:
- sand is poured on the compost hill
- the whips are removed from the support, neatly tied with a twine, bent to the ground,
- spruce spruce branches or dry foliage and a layer of earth not less than 25 cm above,
- Cover with a wooden box, which is pressed down with a stone.
In this state, the clematis of the Piilu variety will stand until spring.
Diseases and pests, methods of control and prevention
According to gardeners and description, clematis variety Piilu is rarely affected by fungal diseases, various types of decay, wilt and brown spot. For the flower of pests that eat leaves and roots are terrible.
For the prevention of plants sprayed with fungicides, they also help in the fight against some pests. For mice, bear set traps.
Secrets of breeding and landing
Clematis Piela, can be propagated in 4 ways:
- Cuttings are prepared in the spring with vines for 2-3 years of life, soaked in a solution for root formation, then planted at an angle into the soil of the greenhouse or flower pot. It is better to transplant rooted cuttings into open ground in a year or in autumn,
- Seeds are grown in open ground, in a greenhouse, and even indoors. Seeds of this variety in open ground may not grow in the current year, but in 1-2 years. In room conditions, the seeds begin to germinate in February, March, by planting glass in a moist soil. In May-June transplanted to open ground,
- By bends. A young sprout, bending, is placed into a prepared ditch with fertilizer and added dropwise, it is necessary to cover the place with a tap with polyethylene for 1-2 weeks. By dropping it in the groove, the tip should be left on top of the soil and, as it grows, dripped. Autumn rooted sprout, dig, cut into several parts and planted in prepared pits,
- The roots are divided in the fall, the old bush is planted in the same place with the addition of fertilizer, and new shoots in the prepared pits. The roots are carefully divided with a sharp knife, and treated with a weak-solution of manganese or Bordeaux mixture, soaking them for 30-40 minutes.
Cuttings and branches give the roots for 1-2 months, before planting them in open ground, you should properly plan the place. Landing is carried out in a place without drafts and strong winds from the south or east side of the site. There must be a sunny place, but without direct sunlight. The soil must be loamy-sandy, for the successful cultivation of flowers. It is important to observe the distance between plants or different varieties of clematis so that they do not interfere with each other.
Abundant flowering and rapid growth of clematis depends on the development of the root system, therefore, in the first 3 years, fertilizers choose complex.
Secrets of plant care
Clematis Pielu care should be regular and thorough. It consists of 5 stages:
- Watering. Until the summer heat, clematis almost no water. With the onset of hot and dry weather, they are watered 1-2 times a week, depending on the age of the bush, from 1 to 3-4 buckets, with warm water in the evening,
- Fertilizer is applied 3-4 times: after soda of snow, at the stage of bud formation, at the stage of flowering (in the middle of summer), and in the autumn before the first frosts. Fertilizers can be purchased special for clematis or bio-fertilizers (manure, droppings, compost, ash),
- Loosening and removing weeds is carried out as needed. Especially important loosening in dry weather and after heavy rains. Weeds are carriers of diseases and pests, so when they first appear they must be removed,
- Preparing for winter and pruning. Clematis Piela refers to group 2 of gentle pruning. The bushes begin to trim 3-4 years in the fall, cutting off damaged, sick, as well as old branches that have become worse to bloom, cut the branches for 2-3 years to rejuvenate, leaving 12-15 knots. Formative pruning is carried out in the spring. Clematis doesn’t need shelter for Clematis, but young saplings are better covered with burlap and spud a bush high,
- Prevention of diseases and pests. For prophylaxis in spring the district of the bush is treated with a pale pink manganese solution, and the plant itself is a Bordeaux mixture.
Clematis Pielu, the most susceptible to such diseases:
- Powdery mildew,
- Gray rot
- Black rot
- Brown spotting.
The most frequently encountered pests are on the clematis:
- Slugs and snails,
- Small rodents (mice),
To combat diseases and pests using special industrial tools.
Clematis Pielu is an unpretentious neighbor and fits well into the design with spirea, lilac, buldane, wisteria, tulips, grapes, lemongrass, marigold, asters, peonies, roses, juniper, spruce. From vines create unusual arches, hedges, screens, pergolas, and also used in the design of alpine slides, rockeries.
Clematis Piilu: Description
This variety is bred in Estonia. В отличие от многих сородичей он не такой высокий (максимум 1,5 метра), компактный. Цветение обильное.Lasts from May to July, with proper care repeated in September. The flowers are large (10-12 cm in diameter) of a lilac-pink shade with a dark pink stripe and bright yellow stamens. The main feature is that their shape depends on the age of the shoots. So, on the young branches, the flowers appear normal, and last year - semi-double. It is a moderately growing variety; if there is support it clings to it with its petioles and creates dense thickets.
Clematis Piilu: landing and care
Cultivation rules are the same as for all other clematis. It is worth noting several features that you should pay attention to:
- it is a light-loving plant, but it does not like direct sunlight, the best way is scattered light, perhaps light shading,
- choose places for it, protected from wind and drafts,
- prefers fertile loamy soils with weakly alkaline or neutral environment,
- at the bottom of the landing pit be sure to fill the drainage layer of expanded clay, gravel or sand,
- beware of closely located groundwater, otherwise the roots of the plant will quickly rot,
- if the seedlings have an open root system, then plant them in spring or autumn, and if they are in a container, then summer planting is allowed.
The rest of the care is mainly in the timely watering, fertilizing fertilizer and pruning. Moisture clematis Piilu loves. Watering should be regular - once a week, if the summer is dry, then increase to two. During the growing season, feed the plant twice with complex mineral fertilizer.
Clematis Clearing Piilu
Like all other members of the species, the clematis of Piilu requires regular pruning. Everyone who has ever encountered these plants knows that they can be cut in three ways, and each has its own characteristics. So, it requires the second type, characteristic of the varieties in which the flowers are formed not only on fresh shoots, but also on last year. Pruning is quite gentle, it is best to produce it in the fall. There is no unequivocal opinion about how tall the shoots should be, some gardeners believe that the optimal 50-100 cm, while others offer 100-150 cm. The best option will have to choose by trial and error. If your clematis really needs a rejuvenation procedure, then choose the maximum trimming option, and weak and diseased shoots generally need to be removed.
Do not forget also about pinching. The very first is carried out when the plant reaches a height of 20-30 cm, then when all shoots grow to the level of 50-70 cm, and the final one - after reaching 100-150 cm.
Features of planting and growing
For almost all clematis, the growing characteristics are the same. That's what worth paying attention to the florist, who decided to grow clematis Piilu:
- This is a photophilous plant that is afraid of direct sunlight. The best place to be with diffused light with a little shading.
- Clematis is afraid of winds and drafts, so the place must be protected from the winds,
- The soil is suitable fertile, loamy, neutral or slightly alkaline.
- Be sure to spread to the bottom of the drainage of expanded clay, gravel or sand.
- There should be no groundwater near the landing site. They can cause root rot.
- For landing in open ground suitable spring or autumn. Landing in containers holds in the summer.
For full development, Piil needs regular watering, timely pruning and fertilizing with fertilizer.
Clematis loves moist soil, but not waterlogged. Watering should be at regular intervals, about 1 time per week. In dry, dry weather, irrigation can be increased.
During the growing season it is necessary to feed 2 times with complex mineral fertilizers. In the first year, the plant can do without fertilizers. In subsequent years, you can also use organic fertilizer. Experienced gardeners recommend watering, where they washed meat or fish, as well as water with a solution of chalk or copper.
In addition to watering and feeding the plant should:
- Constantly weed, remove weeds,
- Protect from pests and diseases
- Mulch the soil.
For all clematis, pruning is particularly important, in particular for clematis Piilu. By the method of pruning all clematis can be divided into groups:
- The first group of pruning - almost do not need pruning. They cut off only faded flowers and dried stems. Periodically, namely 1 time in several years, they carry out "rejuvenating" pruning, that is, very low pruning. This group includes varieties Atragena and Montana, in which the blossoms bloom only on last year's shoots.
- The second group of pruning - in early spring clematis are pruned to 1.5 m from the ground to strong buds. These are varieties in which both new and last year's shoots bloom. These are Gypsy Queen, Crimson Star, President, Ashwa and Piilu.
- The third group of pruning - the care of them is the easiest. Cropped in early spring before the start of active flowering. Pruned 30-40 cm from the ground to strong buds. These are the Jackmani and Rekta varieties. They only bloom new shoots.
Clematis Piilu belongs to the second group of pruning. To the pruning process was more gentle conditions, to perform this procedure is best in the fall.
There is no defined trim height. Some say about 0.5-1 m, others about 1-1.5 m. There is no single meaning. Each Piilu can have its own trim height. If it needs to be rejuvenated, it should be cut to the maximum, and the weak and affected shoots can be removed altogether.
Pinching is also important for clematis. The first pinching can be done when the plant has grown to 10-20 cm. The second when the shoots reach 50-70 cm, the third - 1-1.5 m.
Clematis Piilu's Wintering
For winter, the plant is recommended to cover. First, the plant itself and the soil around it are treated with a solution of foundationol (dilute 20 grams of the preparation with 10 liters of water). This reduces the risk of fungal diseases. After processing, sprinkle the ground and bush with tree ash.
Then Peiu is bored with peat, humus or compost. With the onset of cold weather, only in dry weather, cover the plant with dry material, for example, dry leaves, coniferous spruce branches or even broken foam.
- Cut the stalk from the plant along the scythe
- Plant it in a small container with soil and water well,
- Put the container in a warm place,
- Every 2 days spray with water.
Clematis Piilu will be a wonderful design of the garden and will fit into any design. This compact and small plant is best decorated with a small garden or plot. Its main advantage is abundant flowering with a pleasant aroma.