Despite the fact that many types of orchids are unpretentious in the care, in the process of their cultivation you can face a number of problems. The most common of these is root decay. This is especially true in the autumn-winter time. It happens that the complete death of the roots and leaves of the orchid occurs. Is it possible to save the plant in this case? It is worth finding out.
The importance of these parts in the life of the flower
The roots and leaves for orchids are very important.
- Collect moisture.
- They accumulate nutrients.
- Carry out photosynthesis.
- The condition of the leaves may indicate how much the plant has adapted to the external environment.
- Dense and elastic leaves indicate that the flower developed in conditions of drought.
- Some leaves are compacted in species that grow in open spaces with good lighting.
- Shade orchids have soft and light leaves that quickly burn in the sun.
What are the consequences of their absence?
The consequences of this circumstance will be obvious. A flower cannot grow without these important elements. There will be a gradual death.
To determine how serious it is, you need to inspect the roots for damage.
The following signs will indicate root loss:
- Color change.
- Slippery and wet areas.
- If you press on the roots, water will flow out of them.
- The presence of collapsed filiform roots.
What are the causes of this problem?
The reasons for the fall of the leaves and the absence of the roots of the orchid may be different. The most common are:
- Wrong watering. Many inexperienced gardeners believe that the more often you water the orchid, the better for its growth. In fact, it is not. It is necessary to know the size of the roots of the flower and the period of their activity. Watering is necessary after the substrate is completely dry. To do this, the orchid is planted in a transparent container with holes, where it can be seen when the plant needs watering.
- Lighting. More precisely, poor lighting, especially in the autumn-winter period. If you violate the normal lighting system fails in the growth of the flower. At first it affects the leaves that wither, turn yellow and fall off. They, in turn, send a signal to the root system, which also gradually loses its vitality.
- Substrate non-sterility. If the flower is present in the soil for a long time, then various insects can accumulate in it - ticks, fungi and other microorganisms. They can be both beneficial and harmful. Some aggressive representatives destroy the roots and foliage of orchids.
- It happens that the cause of falling leaves and the death of the root system has not been established. In this case, the plant is placed in a fungicide. Its dosage should be half that in the instructions. If you regularly process the orchid like this, then its immune system will be strengthened.
Is it possible if all the roots and leaves have fallen off?
In this case, urgent resuscitation is needed. In this case, the flower is planted in a greenhouse of a small size, which is purchased in a specialty store or made by itself from a plastic box. At the bottom of the greenhouse pouring clay and moss.
After which the plant is neatly placed there. It is very important in this case, good lighting, so you should buy a fitolamp in advance.
The following procedures are carried out:
- Periodically you need to soak the flower in a nutrient solution and in water.
- Wipe the base where the leaves should appear, substances to stimulate growth.
- Bathe the orchid in water with the addition of special preparations.
Drugs that are added to water to restore the root system:
- Vitamins of group B. They contribute to the restoration of rotten root system. The flower should be soaked once a month in such a solution and wipe it once a week.
- Growth regulators. They contain phytohormones that restore the structure of the roots. Soak the plant in them should be monthly.
- Fertilizers based on potassium and phosphorus. Top dressing by them is carried out once in 2 months.
- Glucose. If the plant is healthy, then glucose is produced by photosynthesis itself. A sick flower needs additional feeding with the content of this substance, since glucose promotes the formation of new cells.
- Microfertilizer with iron chelate stimulates the growth of roots and leaves.
No growth point
In this case, all rotted roots are removed. This is done with the help of pre-disinfected scissors. Then the plant is installed in the water so that its upper part rises above the water. You need to move the container with an orchid in a well-lit place. So the orchid will begin to recover, and a new root system should appear soon.
We offer to watch a video about orchid resuscitation without a growth point:
If the orchid leaves began to fall off, but the root remained unchanged, the following recovery tips will help:
- You should not wait for all the leaves to fall off the orchid, you must remove the flower from the pot and examine the state of the root system.
- It is necessary to monitor the system of the natural change of leaves, so as not to confuse the natural process with a pathological condition.
- Irrigation rules for room conditions should be clearly adjusted.
- If the plant is just bought, you should immediately check the roots for the presence of rot or disease.
- If necessary, you need to use room greenhouse.
- At times it is worth replanting a flower in a new substrate.
- Clearly adhere to the concept when using firming agents.
We offer to watch a video on how to reanimate a leafless orchid:
Unfortunately, indoor orchids are quite capricious plants. And the fact is that their homeland is tropical jungle. Therefore, it is difficult to maintain a suitable mode in room conditions. Late and improper care is often reflected in the condition of the plant.
A common problem with indoor orchids is various problems with the root system. But even in the most neglected state, one should not give up and prematurely recognize the plant as dead. A withered plant can most often be saved or reanimated.
Many beginning flower growers do not know what to do if orchids have roots rotted. Important advice: first of all the plant should not be thrown away. Situations where the roots of tropical plants rot, occur very often. This problem concerns not only amateur growers, but also professionals in their field.
Orchid is referred to as capricious plants, mainly due to painful and capricious roots. Therefore, people rarely decide to grow this plant at home. But actually it is not. After all, an orchid is characterized by a fairly high level of vitality.
The main condition for growing orchids on the windowsill without any problems - compliance with technology care.
Save the plant can be if established the true cause of the disease. Most often, the roots of the orchid begin to rot because of a violation of the light regime in the room.
Causes of disease
What if orchids have rotted roots? First of all, you should find out the cause of this problem. There are several of them.
1. Watering. Many novice gardeners are overly caring about a new plant, so they often water it. Great harm is done to the plant if such abundant watering is carried out systematically. When watering an orchid, you should know the size of its roots and the period of activity. In addition, between watering should be enough time to dry the substrate.
Replant the orchid must be in a transparent container. In the role of soil, you can use the bark of pine or sphagnum. Prevention of possible problems can be carried out with the help of timely root feeding.
2. Lighting. A common cause of rotting roots is poor lighting. For the same reason, the roots grow slowly. This problem is especially relevant in the autumn-winter period. If the normal lighting system is disturbed, then over time, the plant fails its life cycles. The foliage loses brightness, becomes dull, and the liquid penetrates only into the upper layers. Those leaves, on which the necessary amount of light falls, give peculiar signals to their roots. Only in this case, the liquid is properly absorbed during irrigation.
3. Non-sterility of the substrate. If the above factors are not justified, you should pay attention to the soil of the plant. Over time, it accumulates a lot of beneficial microorganisms, ticks, fungi. But in the winter, it can accumulate harmful fungi, which destroy the root system of the plant. They are very aggressive and can rise even to the stem and foliage of a plant. As a result, your favorite orchid can disappear literally in one day.
4. If the reason is not determined, then the root system of the plant must be placed in a fungicide. At the same time, the dosage specified in the instructions should be halved. Such processing plants should be carried out regularly. This will form a good immunity.
Florists are advised to use drugs such as "Epin" and "Zircon". For 1 liter of water should take 1 drop of any drug. Soaking the plants in this solution is necessary from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Remember that the effect of these regulators on the plant will not help if the cause of decay is poor lighting.
Signs of decay
Root rot is a disease. It has its own symptoms. First of all, the root of the plant changes color, it becomes lighter. In this case, the root system dies off.
Signs by which root decay can be determined:
- Their significant darkening.
- When you click on the root appears moisture.
- You can find several weeping areas.
- Damaged areas have a filamentous appearance.
What if orchids have rotted roots?
Before starting any action, remove the orchid from the pot and assess the degree of damage to the root system. If after inspection only the surface of the orchid has rotted roots, what to do? A photo of the fixation of the plant in the fungicide solution is presented below.
If the roots are damaged seriously, you can try to build new ones. Old mass must be removed. Special attention should also be paid to the quality of the soil for planting. It should have the necessary density and texture. At the same time it is necessary to water the plant rarely, only as the soil dries. This procedure should be performed in the morning. Water should be at room temperature, filtered.
How to save an orchid if the roots are rotten? There are several ways, but you should assess the condition of damaged roots. It is also necessary to provide optimal conditions under which the flower can be saved. The easiest and easiest way to bring an orchid back to life is to reanimate it in water.
First of all, it is necessary to carefully remove all rotted parts of the root system and damaged leaves. Perform this procedure with a disinfected knife or scissors.
Now you need to place the plant so that the upper part is located above the water. To speed up the process of resuscitation, it is best to place the flower in a well-lit place. This measure will help you quickly get a new root system from the plant.
Rescue orchids without roots and leaves
Novice flower growers very often ask a question about such a plant as an orchid phalaenopsis: "Rotted roots, what to do?" And this is not surprising. After all, our housewives often pour plant. Sometimes there are such cases that the flower has lost not only the roots, but also the leaves. In order to save such a plant, it is necessary to create optimal conditions for its survival.
To do this, plant a flower in a small greenhouse. It can be purchased at a flower shop, and you can design it yourself using a transparent plastic box.
How to reanimate the orchid, if the roots have rotted and the leaves are gone, right? At the bottom of such a greenhouse it is necessary to put expanded clay and moss. Here you need to carefully place the plant. Be sure to take care of good lighting, so it is best to purchase a special fitolamp. If excess expenses are not provided, it is enough to place a greenhouse in a room with good lighting.
Now it is possible to carry out the following procedures with these plants:
- Soak in nutrient solution, clean water.
- Roots and leaves can be cleaned with a special solution that stimulates growth and nourishes the plant with nutrients.
- The flower can be bathed in water solutions with diluted special preparations.
Experienced flower growers know how to reanimate an orchid if the roots have rotted. To do this, you can use these drugs:
- Vitamins of group B. They support the vital activity of the plant in the absence of the root system. In this solution it is necessary to soak the orchid every month, and every week you can wipe the leaves.
- Growth regulators. The composition of these drugs include natural phytohormones, which stimulate the emergence of new roots. Every month it is necessary to soak the base of the plant in this solution.
- Potash and phosphate fertilizers. They accelerate the formation of the root system. To feed a plant with this fertilizer is necessary 2 times a month.
- Glucose. The drug is added to various solutions. In a healthy plant, glucose appears independently due to photosynthesis. This substance is necessary for the formation of new cells.
- Iron chelate - microfertilizer. Stimulates the growth of roots and leaves. The substance is added to the solutions and the plant is treated.
Now you know what to do if the orchid dies. The roots are rotted, but it does not matter. Proper care will help bring back the luxury of this noble tropical flower.
Dry up the roots
We figured out what could be the reason if the orchid has rotted all the roots. What to do in a nasty situation - when the roots dry? This is a fairly common problem. Often the reason for this is insufficient watering. Most often suffer air shoots. If the flower does not help in time, he may die.
Most often, this problem is noticed immediately. To do this, simply transplant the plant and establish the correct mode of watering. Dry roots are best not cut.
Well, if the water accidentally flooded the orchid? Rotted roots, what to do? Now many growers recognize themselves. After all, almost everyone met with this problem.
The reason for this phenomenon may be improper care of the plant. Most often, the flower can be brought back to life. Following all the advice of experienced flower growers, you can enjoy the view of blooming bright and noble orchids in your home.
When resuscitation no longer makes sense?
When the orchid has rotted all the roots and all the leaves have withered, it will be impossible to save the plant.
But if all the same small parts of the roots remained in good condition, then it is worth trying to reanimate the orchid.
- To begin with, all rotten parts of the plant are removed. Then it is well dried.
- Where cuts were made, areas are disinfected. This is done using activated carbon. It is ground into powder, and sections are processed with this agent.
- After this, the zones where the future roots should form are processed with vitamin solutions.
- And that is not all. After all these actions requires constant care and feeding of orchids.
How to understand that the roots are rotting
Suspected root decay in orchids can be on the following grounds:
- Drooping leaves. The flower gets its nutrition from the soil thanks to the roots. If the root system has rotted, it cannot supply water and minerals to the aboveground part of the plant. Therefore, the leaves first wither, and even watering does not help them. Then they dry out completely.
- Green or white bloom on the surface of the substrate and the walls of the pot. This is a sign of excess moisture, poor water and air permeability of the soil. Therefore, the orchid fell ill with fungi.
- Loose top flower. If the roots are rotten, they cannot reliably fix the plant in the pot. Therefore, it staggers like a baby tooth before falling out.
- The aerial roots have dried or darkened, become soft. All this indicates the rotting of the underground part of the plant.
Tip!It is very convenient to observe the condition of the root system of an orchid if you plant a flower in a pot with transparent walls. If the roots are white or green - they are all right. If they turn dark and look like threads, like in the photo, the plant needs urgent help. The rotted roots are soft and slimy to the touch, and if they are squeezed, liquid will be released from them.
Dried leaves do not always indicate a problem with the roots. If they only fade from below, then there is nothing to worry about. It happens in the natural environment. Wait until the leaves wither completely, and only then carefully cut them.
Leading to decay of the roots
Orchid root system is very sensitive and reacts to everything that happens around. The roots may start to rot in the following cases:
- Overheat. В естественной среде орхидеи никогда не находятся под прямыми лучами солнца. На них падает рассеянный свет. Если же поставить цветок на солнцепек, корни быстро перегреваются. Это приводит к их отмиранию и загниванию.
- Waterlogging + lack of lighting. In the tropical jungle heavy rain comes every day. Therefore, high humidity is a prerequisite for growing orchids. But if at the same time the flower does not receive enough light, the water stagnates in the pot and is not pumped to the aboveground part of the plant. This leaves the leaves sluggish, and the roots begin to rot.
- Fungal infections. In conditions of high humidity and sufficient heat flower often infect fungi. Their mycelium is distributed not only in the substrate, but also in the tissues of the root system. From this it ceases to cope with its functions and dies.
- Soil compaction. If the soil is so compacted that it hardly passes air and moisture, favorable conditions for the development of pathogenic microflora develop. But the roots without access to fresh air is bad. That is why rotting begins.
- Chemical burn. You have decided to feed the green pet, but instead of the appearance of peduncles, the plant has dropped leaves. This suggests that you used too concentrated a solution of mineral fertilizers. Burnt roots die and rot.
- Pest damage. The click beetle often settles in houses and apartments. They lay their eggs in flower pots, from which the larvae appear. They are called wireworms. They crawl among the roots and gladly eat them. From multiple damage to the roots die and rot.
If the orchid has rotted roots, it can still be saved by putting a minimum of effort. If the flower has lost the entire root system, it needs urgent resuscitation. Consider several ways to save this exotic plant.
Saving an orchid that has lost some of its roots
If the orchid has several healthy roots, resuscitation will not take long. To restore the plant you will need:
- new pot with tray
- new substrate for orchids,
- support for fixing the flower in a pot,
- sharp scissors or tweezers,
- activated charcoal or ground cinnamon,
- paper towel,
- warm water
Attention!The substrate for orchids should be special. It can be purchased at a flower shop or cook yourself. The best option is dried sphagnum and pine bark, mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1. You can add peat or coconut fibers.
Instructions for resuscitation of a rotten flower:
- Remove the plant from the old pot and rinse its underground part in warm water.
- Dry the orchid with a paper towel and carefully examine its root system.
- Using scissors (tweezers), remove dry, dark, softened and white-coated roots.
- Cut the cuts with cinnamon powder or ground tablets of activated charcoal.
- Put an orchid in a new pot and fill the free space with the prepared substrate.
- Put a support into the pot and tie up the flower. It needs fixing, as the affected root system is weak and does not provide reliable attachment of the plant.
- Moisten the substrate with a sprayer. It is undesirable to pour water directly into the pot, as the roots remain low and they do not need abundant watering yet. This can achieve overwetting and re-decay.
Tip! Subsequently, after reanimation of the orchid, water it, pouring water into the pan. Then the plant itself will absorb as much moisture as it needs, without over-wetting the soil.
Method one (using greenhouse)
To restore the orchid in this way you will need:
- Greenhouse. You can buy it in a flower shop. But the old aquarium can also fit, if you cover it with a sheet of glass or a thick transparent film. For small plants, even a plastic bottle or glass jar is suitable. As an option - a five-liter bottle of drinking water.
- Expanded clay. This is a drainage material widely used by gardeners and flower growers. It absorbs moisture well and gives it to the plant as needed.
- Sphagnum. This moss is one of the components of the orchid substrate. It is necessary for the successful expansion of new roots.
- Wire for fixing the flower.
- Sharp knife.
When you have everything at hand, you can proceed to resuscitation. This should be done in stages:
- Cut rotten roots to a healthy orchid tissue.
- Fill the bottom of the greenhouse with expanded clay.
- Spread moistened sphagnum on top. It should not be wet.
- Using a wire, strengthen the flower as in the photo. It should be at a height of 1-2 cm from wet moss.
- Cover the greenhouse with a sheet of glass or plastic film and place it in a well-lit place with diffused light.
- Make sure that the temperature inside the greenhouse is kept at + 22 ... + 25 o C. If the temperature is lower, this will lead to increased humidity and fungus. And if higher - to wilt leaves.
- Ventilate the greenhouse daily, opening it for 20 minutes in the winter and all night in the summer. This will protect the plant from fungi and virus, which multiply rapidly in stagnant air conditions.
- Regularly moisten the moss with a sprayer with cold boiled water.
With this method, the roots appear in 3-4 weeks. When the root system is sufficiently developed, plant an orchid in a pot and henceforth prevent its rotting.
Method two (without greenhouse)
If you can not build a greenhouse, you can do without it. But then the growth of new spine can take several months or even a year. With this method of resuscitation you will need:
- a glass or a can
- boiled water at room temperature
- orchid fixation wire,
- sharp knife.
We need to act as follows:
- Cut the rotted underground part of the plant,
- Pour boiled and chilled water into the tank,
- Put an orchid in a glass (jar) and fix it with a wire so that only the tip of the water touches the surface of the water.
- Watch the temperature. It should be around 25 o C.
- After 12 hours, drain the water and leave the orchid in a glass.
- After another 12 hours, pour so much water again that the tip of the orchid only slightly touches its surface.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the roots appear and are long enough so that the plant can be planted in a pot.
Tip!An orchid left without water during the day will suffer from a lack of moisture. This is due to the fact that during daylight the temperature is higher and the air is drier. The leaves will be forced to evaporate moisture, and the plant will not have the strength to form new roots. At night the air is humid, so the flower will be comfortable. Therefore, drain the water in the evening when the sun has set.
Watch a video on how to properly reanimate an orchid left without roots.
How to accelerate the formation of new roots
The orchid lacking the root system loses its power source. The plant can no longer receive nutrients. Therefore, to form new roots, he will have to use his own reserves. As a result, leaf condition worsens. In order for the aboveground part of the flower to remain healthy, and the roots grow faster, the gardeners advise:
- Use rooting stimulants. So called drugs that help plants accumulate organic matter in the place where the roots should be formed. These include: Kornerost, Gumat Sodium, Kornevin and Zircon. These products have high biological activity, therefore they should be used in a small amount (for example, only 1 gram of Kornevin is needed for 1 liter of water). Orchid need from time to time to put in the solution for 20-30 minutes.
- Feed the plant. In order for an orchid to have enough strength to form a new root system, it is useful to add glucose to the water in which it takes root. It should not be plain sugar. It is more complex in composition, so the flower cannot be used for nutritional purposes. But the pests will definitely like the sweet water. Buy glucose or its solution can be in the pharmacy.
- Spray leaves. You can help the plant through the leaves. To do this, they should be sprayed with a weak glucose solution once every 1-2 weeks. Sheet feeding can be done with the help of universal fertilizers.
Important!Do not confuse rooting stimulants with plant growth regulators. The latter are intended either to accelerate or to slow the growth of the stem. On the formation of the root system, they have little effect.
What to do if the orchid dies from pests
If an orchid is damaged by a wireworm, a transplant is required. Here's how to do it:
- Remove the plant from the pot and rinse its roots in warm water.
- Remove the substrate along with the pests and carefully inspect the root system.
- Remove the larvae hiding in it and cut off the damaged and rotten roots.
- Disinfect the cut (with cinnamon or ground activated charcoal) and let them dry.
- Replant the orchid in a new pot, falling asleep the bottom of the flower with a new substrate.
In order to prevent repeated damage by orchid beetles, try to remove this pest from the apartment. For prevention, you can water the flower from time to time with a weak (light pink) solution of potassium permanganate. It does not hurt the plant, but the larvae will die.
How to care for an orchid so that the roots no longer rot
You were able to reanimate the orchid and are afraid that it will fall ill again. To prevent this from happening, create optimal conditions for the flower:
- Humidity. The optimal level is 70-80%. But such humidity is difficult to ensure at home, especially in winter. Therefore, when breeding orchids purchase humidifier will not be superfluous. Try to keep the air humidity below 50-60%. Otherwise, the leaves will dry, and you will try to revive them with abundant watering. From this can begin to rot the roots.
- Temperature. Optimally - 25 o C. The same temperature can be maintained if a split system is installed at home. In its absence, it is desirable to do so that the temperature does not fall at least below 20 and does not rise above 30 degrees. It is possible to regulate the temperature at home by airing the room in the heat and heating it in the cold.
- Lighting. Orchid is very demanding on the light. It should be bright, but scattered. In its natural environment, the plant is illuminated by the sun for 12 hours a day. And if in spring and summer the flower feels comfortable, in the fall and winter it needs to be illuminated. It is advisable to purchase fitolampu. It radiates the spectrum of light waves that plants need to sustain photosynthesis.
- Watering. Orchid loves moisture, but does not tolerate its stagnation. Therefore, it is necessary to water it abundantly. But the next watering can be done only after the earth lump is completely dry. Good drainage and a friable substrate will help to avoid overmoistening.
- Top dressing. Orchid needs nutrients to grow and bloom. In the wild, it would extract them by growing roots. But at home, her roots cannot reach beyond the walls of the pot. For fertilizing, it is better to use fertilizers specifically designed for orchids.
- Transfer. The orchid needs to change the pot and the soil every 1-2 years. But transplantation may be required before, if the substrate began to decompose.
Orchid - a beautiful guest, arrived from the tropical jungle. It is almost impossible to recreate for similar conditions in the apartment. Therefore, the plant is uncomfortable to be in it, and its roots often suffer. But it is very viable: even with the complete loss of the root system, the flower can be reanimated. It is enough to create favorable conditions for the growth of new roots.
How to save an orchid with rotten roots?
Noticing that the recently alive and healthy flower has become sluggish, the leaves have lost their juiciness, have faded, and even watering does not help the plant to recover, the florist should be alerted. The sooner the trouble is revealed, the easier it will be to reanimate the orchid, because without the roots the flower will not be able to feed and will inevitably die.
Before you reanimate the orchid at home, you need to assess the situation and find out the extent of the damage. Do this with a careful examination of the root system:
- Live and healthy roots are always dense, with an elastic homogeneous surface. The younger the rhizome, the lighter their color, and when immersed in water or after abundant irrigation, they noticeably turn green.
- Old rhizomes have a gray or brownish tint. But as long as they nourish the leaf rosette and flower stalks, the roots remain firm, smooth and dry to the touch.
Removing the substrate and washing the underground part of the plant will show a complete picture of the lesion. A sign of rotting, bacterial or fungal infection is:
- darkening of the rhizomes,
- the appearance of moist, skinny areas on them,
- the flow of water when you press the root,
- filamentous view of broken roots.
Unfortunately, the rotten roots can no longer be saved, so they are removed, carefully cutting to healthy tissue. So do the dried rhizomes. Loss of two or three roots, if competent care is provided for the plant, will not affect viability.
But what if orchids have rotted all the roots or most of them? Is it possible to return the plant health or with a green pet have to say goodbye?
After removal of the problem areas, sections on the remaining parts must be treated with activated carbon crushed to the powder stage or ground cinnamon, which also has pronounced disinfectant properties. When the roots dry, it is useful to immerse them for 10–15 minutes in the fungicide solution. This will reduce the risk of settling a weakened plant with harmful fungi.
By disinfecting the remnants of the roots, protecting the plant, it is important to treat the growth zone of future roots with a growth promoter. This will strengthen the immune system of the orchid and speed up rooting.
How to revive an orchid: available at home ways
The orchid left without roots should not be thrown away. A tropical plant, with due care and patience, proves to be very enduring and life-loving. Experienced growers are advised to consider three ways to revitalize:
- in the home greenhouse,
- without a greenhouse, using regular watering and drying,
- using the landing in the usual substrate.
Before resuscitating an orchid, you need to evaluate its condition and choose the most effective and fastest way possible. If the flower, which has lost less than 60% of the roots, can be restored to health within a month, then the orchid completely devoid of the root system may require special maintenance and care for up to a year.
The choice of how to save an orchid without roots depends on:
- from the condition of the affected flower,
- on the number and condition of the leaves,
- from the presence of the rudiments of horses formed in the lower part of the leaf rosette.
Of considerable importance are the conditions that the florist can create for the reanimation of an orchid without roots.
How to reanimate the orchid in greenhouse conditions?
If the grower has a window greenhouse in which the plant will be kept at a consistently high humidity and a comfortable temperature, there is a high probability of saving even a seriously weakened flower without a root system.
How to reanimate the orchid, if the roots rot? In the container in which the flower is to be rooted:
- poured a thin layer of expanded clay,
- on top of it lay a layer of peeled, carefully steamed sphagnum.
The substrate is gently moistened and placed in a sheet rosette. Until the plants form 3–5 cm long roots, the flower will have to be constantly under cover:
- at air temperature from 22 to 28 ° C,
- with air humidity in the range of 70–100%,
- with bright ambient light for 12-14 hours a day.
Temperatures below 20 and above 33 ° C inhibit root growth, but it contributes to the reproduction of pathogenic flora and fungi.
What if orchids have rotted all the roots? Is it possible to stimulate rooting? Yes, this can be done with the help of competent care for the sheet rosette located in the greenhouse. As required, the substrate is slightly moistened, and the greenhouse is aired. It is best to do this at night, which contributes to the saturation of air with carbon dioxide and causes the beginnings of a future healthy root system to form faster.
The success of rooting depends on the observance of the temperature regime, the maintenance of a long daylight day and the increased humidity for the apartment. While the orchid is in the greenhouse, the outlet should be regularly inspected to prevent the occurrence of rotten foci.
In four out of five cases, using this method, you can save the orchid without roots, and signs of the formation of a new root system become visible in 10–14 days. A plant with roots of 3-4 cm length is planted in a normal substrate and transferred to the normal conditions for the flower.
How to save an orchid without using a hothouse?
As in the previous case, the plant is rooted at a temperature of 20 to 27 ° C, in a place shaded from the direct rays of the sun. But how to reanimate the orchid in this case, when there is no home greenhouse or greenhouse?
The pre-treated outlet is placed in a deep glass jar. Every day, in the morning hours, water is poured into soft, boiled or filtered water so that its surface touches only the lower part of the remaining root system and does not wet the leaves. In this form, the orchid remains up to 6 hours. Then the water is drained and the flower is dried until the next morning.
Есть одна особенность, как оживить орхидею без корней быстрее и эффективнее.
В воду на литр жидкости добавляют чайную ложку меда или сахарного сиропа. Кроме этого, для увлажнения субстрата или полива всех реанимируемых орхидей полезно использовать:
- specialized complex fertilizers in very low concentration,
- fertilizing with iron,
- monthly treatments with growth regulator.
How to revive the orchid, which has lost not all the roots, but only part of them? In this case, the plant is still able to feed in the usual way; therefore, it is possible to grow the missing roots by planting a flower in a pot 6–8 cm in diameter with a common substrate. Illumination for 12 hours and a temperature of 20–25 ° C will force the root buds to become active. At night in this temperature should not decrease, and the humidity is maintained at an elevated level.
Instead of irrigation, small-drop irrigation of the top layer of the substrate is used, or a container with an orchid is placed in a pan with a small amount of water for half an hour. Moisten the soil again should only be after it is completely dry. The growth of new roots begins in 1-4 weeks.
A video on how to save the orchid, if the roots have rotted, and the plant lost the ability to receive moisture and nutrition, will help to clarify all the nuances of a complex procedure. Careful theoretical preparation will not allow to make mistakes in practice, and soon the beloved flower will once again beautify the home collection. Read about orchid diseases!
Writing a detailed botanical description of flowers from the Orchid family is quite difficult from a scientific point of view. In addition, it will take a lot of time. Here are 4 main features that are simultaneously found only among representatives of this family:
- flowers have a mirror-type symmetry,
- in the natural habitat, orchid seeds can germinate only when interacting with symbiotic fungi,
- pollen grains are collected in special adhesive structures called pollinia,
- seed interior does not contain nutrients.
In the wild, orchids grow in tropical forests with high humidity. Most often they are found on the African continent, namely in its northern part.
The rosette structure of the plant has wide dense leaves that are collected in a rosette. The size of the buds is quite variable (from 1 to 30 cm), and the flowers resemble a butterfly.
Depending on the type of Orchid, the number of flowers on the peduncle will be different (some species have more than 100 flowers on the same peduncle).
The root system of ornamental orchids, which grow in the indoor environment of our climatic region, may differ from the root system of wild flowers of the Orchid family.
Among the room orchids are the so-called litofity and epiphytes. The roots of the former are adapted to grow in rocky terrain (some of them are in the air), and the roots of the latter are “airy” and do not require soil (epiphytes are plants that grow on other plants).
If your orchid grows from the soil and has a lithophyte root system, then it is important to know that the plant receives all the useful substances along with the moisture from the ground. Some types of orchids have a root system that resembles tubers in appearance. These “tubers” actively absorb all the nutrients in the winter, when most tropical plants in our climate zone are in a dormant period.
The root system of epiphytes consists of the main element - velamen, which tries to extract moisture from raindrops, fog or dew. Belamen consists of a thick layer of dead cells that protect the plant from overheating.
Moreover, epiphytic orchids tolerate moisture deficiency quite well, as they are prepared for dry periods by evolution itself. It is believed that in normal healthy condition, the velamen should be bright white (a greenish or silver shade is allowed).
How healthy roots look like
Orchid roots, as they draw moisture from them, can shrivel and dry, but this fact does not mean that velamen die. Their color can be green, white, silver. But a healthy root, when placed in moisture, will immediately swell up and be straightened, as it is saturated with moisture.
The dead roots do not react in any way to a moist environment.
Symptoms of the disease
It should be noted that the earlier it is possible to recognize the onset of the disease in an orchid, the greater the chances of success will be in the process of resuscitation. The first signs of illness are:
- If the flower grows in a transparent pot, then you can see a clearly visible scatter from spores or algae.
- The leaves begin to fade, become softer and more brittle (due to insufficient intake of moisture and nutrients that come from the roots).
- The orchid begins to wobble in a pot, since rotten roots are no longer able to create optimal density and keep the plant in a limited volume.
- The roots, which take moisture from the air, fade, change in color (darken), start to produce an unpleasant smell (sometimes it is weak, therefore, it is impossible to catch it immediately).
If you find at least one of the indicated signs of disease in your tropical flower, the plant must be removed from the pot and carefully examined the root system. The main symptoms of the beginning of putrefactive processes in the roots are:
- the appearance of weeping areas
- the rhizome tissue is decomposed into separate structural units,
- root system becomes dark brown or light black shade,
- when you press the velamen, a viscous dark-colored liquid with an unpleasant odor appears.
After the diagnosis is established, it is necessary to urgently move on to resuscitation therapy, because in this case the count goes not for days, but for hours.
Rotten processes in the root system begin due to improper care or after being affected by pests and diseases. The main causes of pathological processes are:
- Overly frequent and abundant watering. Adequate amount of sunlight is needed to dry the soil. It is necessary to water only dry soil.
- Dense ground. It is important to note that Orchid roots are used to constantly contact with oxygen masses. If the soil is excessively dense, oxygen will not reach the roots and rotting will begin.
- Mechanical damage. If the roots were damaged during transplantation, then bacteria and other pathogens are likely to fall into them, which will cause rot.
- Fanatic fertilizer. Remember that you need to fertilize orchids without fanaticism, since a large dose of minerals can lead to chemical burns and the death of the roots.
- Pests. Excessively moist soil can become a place for small parasites to live in - sub-cicatrices, and that is what can cause rotting of the root system of a flower.
- Sunlight in insufficient quantities. The structure of an orchid is arranged in such a way that the roots cannot transport moisture without enough light. That is, they will absorb it, but will not be able to serve the leaves. As a result, the stagnation of moisture will lead to pathology of the roots.
- Fungal diseases. Sometimes the soil you are preparing for planting an orchid contains micro-fungi. On the leaves of the affected plant appear yellow spots, the roots begin to rot. In addition, fungi often appear in waterlogged soils.
How to grow roots
It is necessary to increase the roots in cases where it is no longer possible to reanimate old ones. Tell you about the method of building roots above water.
Rotten roots are cut so as not to injure living tissue. Slices should be treated with activated charcoal or fungicide in powder form. It is important to understand that wilted, but not yet withered leaves should not be removed.
The fact is that in the future they will be reanimated, and in the process of growing roots will play the necessary role for survival.
Next, you should choose a suitable container for orchids. This may be the most common disposable cup, but with parameters such that the plant placed in it does not come into contact with water. Container with a flower should be put on a well-lit place.
If you are engaged in growing the roots in winter, you should create a long artificial light for a tropical guest.
Water is poured on the bottom with a small layer, preferably sweetened. Every day (for 60–90 minutes) the plant is immersed in water with glucose.
An important step in the process of growing roots is the regular wiping of the leaves with an aqueous solution of succinic acid.
For wiping, you can use a conventional cotton pad. The solution is prepared as follows: half a tablet of succinic acid is dissolved in half a glass of warm water. It is necessary to wipe every morning at the same time.
It should be understood that the temperature when growing roots should be within + 23 ... + 26 ° C.
Top dressing is carried out not more than 1 time per week. Almost the entire period of growth of the orchid root system should be suspended.
How to save an orchid
For orchid resuscitation, you should use the following step-by-step actions:
- Get the "sufferer" from the pot, remove the remnants of the soil and visually assess the extent of the disaster.
- Rinse the roots with clean water at room temperature.
- Completely remove all rotten tissues after disinfecting the trimming tool.
- Slices cover with activated carbon or powder fungicide.
- If a mold was detected during the inspection, then the plant should be carefully treated with an aqueous solution of potassium permanganate.
- Plant the plant in a small pot (6–8 cm) in diameter, but only on condition that there are still a few live roots left on the orchid. The soil should not be sufficiently dense (you can make a mixture of peat, humus, expanded clay, moss and coconut fiber).
- Provide coverage of at least 12 hours a day. At the same time, to maintain a constant temperature within + 22 ... + 26 ° С.
- Maintain high humidity in the room. To do this, you can purchase a special installation that creates fog.
- Watering is very rare and only if the soil is completely dry.
Video: how to reanimate the orchid Fresh roots will appear in 20-25 days. In some cases, this process is accelerated, but only under the condition of proper care and special feeding, which will be discussed below.
Sheet top dressing
Sheet top-dressing is made by special liquid preparations that deliver a multitude of beneficial substances to the flower through the suction ability of the leaves.
Top dressing allows normal functioning of all orchid systems during the period when the root system is not able to supply nutrients. It is important to note that the soil should be slightly moist before foliar application. The procedure is best carried out in the early morning or late evening, as during the daytime the sun's rays in combination with fertilizing can cause chemical burns in the orchid.
It should also be noted that dressing should not fall on the flowers and buds.
If there are no roots
In this case, it is necessary to grow the roots for the plant, and only then transplant into the prepared substrate. For this you need to perform the following step-by-step actions:
- In a water solution of a growth stimulator, lower the plant separated from the rotten roots with a growth point.
- In a container with boiled water put a tablet of activated carbon.
- Move the plant to a container with coal (water should cool to +25 ° C).
- During the period of growing roots in the room should be high humidity and air circulation.
- Periodically wipe the leaves with a solution of succinic acid or sugar solution.
- When you notice that some water has evaporated, you need to add liquid to the required level, and the temperature difference should not exceed 3 ° C.
If the algae on the roots
Algae on the roots of an orchid may appear due to an excess of minerals or natural light.. It is important to understand that green algae worsens substrate aeration, changes its chemical composition and secrete some toxic substances. Therefore, when green algae appear on the roots of an orchid, appropriate measures should be taken immediately to save the flower. These measures will consist of the following actions:
- It is necessary to wash the roots of an exotic flower in 0.1% solution of potassium permanganate 2-3 times.
- For species of orchids, whose root system does not need regular lighting, you can use a trick: wrap a transparent pot with foil. In this case, the light will cease to flow to the roots and algae, with the result that the latter will eventually die.
- In case of severe damage, washing the roots in a bleach solution is recommended.
In greenhouse conditions
If you have a window greenhouse, where you can constantly maintain the optimum temperature and humidity, then the chances to reanimate a weakened orchid will increase several times.
At the bottom of the greenhouse should be laid claydite, and on top of it - carefully steamed sphagnum moss. In such a substrate is placed a sheet rosette. Until the orchid grows 4–5 cm long roots, the following conditions should be maintained in the greenhouse:
- humidity in the range of 75 ... 95%,
- temperature should not exceed + 23 ... + 27 ° С,
- bright lighting should be maintained for 12-14 hours a day.
The probability of a successful outcome of resuscitation in the greenhouse is 80%. Such a high figure is due to meticulous care: regular airing at night, watering as the substrate dries out, maintaining an optimal microclimate.
In this case, you can follow the information provided in the section "If there are no roots." However, there is a way to speed up the rooting process and increase the chances of success. Should be regular feeding:
- complex mineral fertilizers dissolved in water (the concentration should not exceed 1%),
- regularly feed the ferum minerals,
- every 2-3 weeks process growth regulators.
Finally, we note that the process of reanimation of an orchid can take a long time (sometimes more than 2 months). But the rate of resuscitation and the probability of a successful outcome will depend only on the grower, who should be guided by the rules described in this article. We must remember about the microclimate, dressing, correct removal of old roots and treatment of wounds.
Main reasons why orchid roots are rotting Phalaenopsis - what to do
Process root diseases not lightning fast. And even a healthy plant does not mean that the roots are all right.
Healthy root tight and elastic to the touch.
With the disease of the roots, it is necessary to reanimate the plant, otherwise the orchid will die.
These indicators are a fact of vitality.
But when he loses them, it should be urgent to treatand sometimes resuscitating plants.
The fact that the process of decay develops can be judged as the top flower:
- Development stops or stops completely.
- The color of the leaf plates changes, up to yellowing,
- The appearance on the leaves brown spots,
- Blooming color buds,
- The flower is poorly maintained in the substrate.
Obvious blackening any root is also considered one of the factors of their decay.
Even a light, seemingly healthy root, when cut may be black core.
Should pay attention on the appearance of mucus, exfoliation of the upper layer of velamen, the release of fluid with pressure and the appearance of black spots, which may be necrosis of one of the parts of the root.
Lack of proper lighting
Enough amount light and watering to some extent related.
This interconnection in most cases is cause root rot.
The moisture content of the multi-layered cell structure of the velamen occurs gradually and only afterwards does in the next layer - exoderm.
When moisture enters the exoderm, the plant will not absorb it without sufficient light.
Therefore, for orchids is so important sufficient light, especially in the autumn - winter period, the most dangerous for the root system, experiencing a lack of light and leading to rotting, due to high humidity in this part.
Poor or too dense soil
The density and quality of the substrate entails insufficient air exchange in it and, accordingly, lack of oxygen to plant.
Poor quality soil can lead to rotting of the orchid's root system.
The components of the substrate are compacted, the air gap disappears and the root system “chokes”.
Required process steps
The reanimation process consists of specific, received many years of experience and recommendations of growers. action:
- The flower is removed from the container and is well cleaned from the substrate,
- An inspection is carried out to determine the extent of the lesion,
- Damaged by rotten, dry and dead roots are cut with a decontaminated sharp instrument,
- With multiple pruning, the root system is processed with “Funadzol” or “Topsin”,
- All parts of the cuts are sprinkled with activated charcoal or cinnamon,
- With partial pruning of damaged roots, the plant is placed in a new soil, with a pre-disinfected pot,
Перед пересадкой орхидеи, новый горшок необходимо продезинфицировать.
Фаленопсису вполне хватает 4-6 небольших корней, чтобы снабдить растение влагой.
В дальнейшем, при создании необходимых условий и ухода, корневая система начнет активно развиваться and return to normal.
Risks of disease recurrence and how to avoid them
Nothing new to avoid the risks of growing such an exotic culture not yet invented.
Only by observing proper watering, providing the plant with sufficient light, supporting the root part in good air circulation, carefully feeding, you can avoid negative consequences when grown.
Why do roots rot after a transplant?
Causes of root decay after transplantation there may be several:
- Not enough delayed after trimming and processing of the cut,
- The process of decay has reached the base of the root collar. The phalaenopsis neck is rotting, and then it must be cleaned to a healthy tissue,
- Poor or non-sanitized primer
- Overflow, lack of light and air circulation.
The effect of moss
Basically the use of moss - sphagnum recommended for growing babies Orchid.
Its use in the substrates of an adult plant can cause stagnant waterlogging, limit the supply of oxygen and acidify the soil.
Naturally, such processes can lead to decay of the root part flower and also are an excellent environment for the development of bacterial and fungal infections.
Root rot at base
Roots may rot at the base after frequent watering, a sharp temperature drop in the place of growth, if this part is damaged during transplantation.
Sometimes it happens due to overheating by sunlight, in which some of the fabric may die, and on contact with moisture, start to rot.
The defeat of the young roots
The main reason considered various fungal diseases, which have plenty of orchids.
Also, after root transplant and reanimation, do not use fertilizer.
Young roots can be accidentally damaged during transplants, as they are imperceptible.
At this moment occurs development of young roots, and fertilizer can cause them to burn, even with reduced dosage.
And of course, the young, still weak roots, are more susceptible to rotting during overmoistening, etc.
What and how to handle?
First you need to determine cause of rot and only then use this or that drug.
There are quite a few drugs that can stop this development. There are drugs of low, medium and high impact.
The most common are:
Each of them has its own characteristics of purpose and action. Apply them strictly according to the instructions.
In the first-aid kit at the orchidist you can find not only preparations for flowersbut also medicines for a person.
The use of antibiotics is permissible, but their use must be strictly according to the attached instructions.
Special antibiotics for orchidsdoes not existtherefore, when choosing, you should carefully read the annotation on the drug.
When cutting the roots, the plant is required from somewhere to take food. It takes it from the stem.
Can remove flowerbut not all flower spike.
Orchid itself will dry it and discard after the selection of all nutrients.
If it is initially limp and does not look the best way, then it is better to remove it.
Preventive actions aimed at creating proper conditions and care.
After the next watering need let the water run out completely and only then install the pot on a pallet or in pots.
Also, non-scheduled watering, and as the root system, focusing on the coloring of the roots.
Pay special attention additional lighting in the autumn - winter period.
Reduce the dosage by several times when applying fertilizer.
See the video on how to reanimate an orchid with rotten roots:
In the video tips grower, if there was a rot of the neck phalaenopsis - how to save the plant:
Find out from the video why the orchid's roots are rotting:
Look at the video, what preparations for orchid against rot are:
No matter how phalaenopsis is not demanding in the conditions and care, its waterlogging, lack of lighting, inadequate additional power leads him to problems with the root system, until death.
Only the fulfillment of the requirements and recommendations will ensure its healthy development, and the owner lush and long bloom.
Care for a sluggish plant
When growing orchids, it is always worth remembering that a flower tolerates aridity more easily than an excess of moisture. The orchid should be in a transparent pot with holes, so it will be easier to regulate the time of watering. Also pay attention to the fact that the plant does not overheat and receive sufficient lighting. But direct sunlight is detrimental to the orchid, the light must be diffused.
It is difficult to care for a sick plant, but it is quite realistic to restore it. We will have to make a little effort before the flower will once again delight the household with its flowering.
Objectively possible causes of orchid disease
Orchid leaf wilting can occur as a natural process, but it may be due to improper and untimely care. If the leaves wither in small quantities, at the bottom of the stem is a normal, natural phenomenon. Helping the process by tearing off the withered leaves with your hands is not recommended, they should fall down themselves. During wilting, the leaves give all the nutrients to the plant and eventually fall off.
Orchids, in which all the leaves look sluggish, are obviously subject to illness. After a short time, the leaves on them turn yellow and fall off. All the fault may be incompetent care. In such cases, orchid resuscitation should be implemented as soon as possible.
Possible causes of unnatural leaf wilt:
- temperature conditions do not meet the requirements,
- excess or lack of moisture
- unsuitable feeding,
- wrong ground
- illiteracy during transplantation.
Orchid resuscitation: methods for home use
If the flower is left without roots, do not throw it away. In fact, tropical plants, with proper care and patience, are very life-giving and hardy. How to save an orchid without roots? Experienced flower growers are considering several possible methods.
How to reanimate the orchid at home:
- With the help of home greenhouse.
- With the help of regular watering and drying, but without the greenhouse.
- Planting a plant in an ordinary substrate.
Before reviving an orchid, it is necessary to assess its condition and only then choose the most efficient way. For example, if a plant that has lost less than 50% of the root can be reanimated in a month, then a flower, completely devoid of root, may require special maintenance for a whole year.
What determines which method will help to reanimate the flower faster:
- what is the condition of the orchid
- the number and condition of the leaves on the plant,
- the main factor is the presence of rudiments of horses at the bottom of a leaf rosette,
- the conditions created by the florist, under which the orchid is being reanimated.
Leaves have become sluggish - this is a signal of possible overheating.
If the orchid leaves turn yellow, laxity and lethargy are observed - the plant has suffered from overheating. Notice where the pot is located. If it is a window sill, with open blinds or curtains, or is near the source of heating the room, to a large extent, these factors can affect overheating of the plant.
Is it possible to resuscitate the plant in such a case? Help the plant can, the main thing is not to delay the actions. It is necessary to remove the plant pot from harmful factors and do nothing for a few hours, this will help the flower to cool. Watering a heated flower can lead to the death of leaves and sepsis of the tissues of the stem part.. When the flower moves away from the heat, it will be possible to proceed to standard watering and spraying the leaves.
It should be noted that resuscitation will not happen immediately, but after a few days, observing the condition of proper care. To prevent repeated overheating, change the location of the flower pot with a cooler one.
Important: the orchid is not friendly with direct sunlight, a comfortable location will be a shade that is not hot.
Plant recovery, after incorrect watering
Without proper watering of the plant, the root system may suffer, resulting in wilting and complete falling off of the leaves. As an example from the wild, you can take a tropical climate, it often rains warmly, and at the same time wild orchids feel comfortable. And even for some time being completely in the water, the roots dry out, this is facilitated by sufficient air circulation. Following a natural example, homemade orchids can be watered only when the ground is thoroughly dried. Otherwise, the flower will completely die.
The time between watering depends on the conditions in which the flower is located (temperature, air humidity, lighting, the composition of the substrate, fertilizers, fertilizing the soil).
If the size of the pot is large, the earth will dry out slowly, this will cause the roots to rot, the best planting vessel will be a narrow and high capacity. Conversely, rare watering can lead to drying out of the roots and, as a result, the plant can dry out.
Important! Good root ventilation and timely watering are necessary. Do not let the roots dry out!
The quality of the substrate affects the health of the orchid. Orchid parasites
The successful growth of orchids depends largely on the substrate. Over time, any soil compacted, it prevents good ventilation of the root system. This can subsequently lead to disease or even death of the plant. To avoid such an outcome, Substrate should be regularly updated.. Adversely affects the health of the flower and the wrong composition of the substrate. It is recommended to use as a baking powder shredded pine bark, pieces are calibrated with a size of at least 1 cm.
To pests that lead to wilting and death of the root, can be safely attributed click beetlehe feeds on roots. This beetle is a very dangerous parasite for the orchid. The effects of the beetle on the roots will be the death of the plant.
Necessary resuscitation actions:
- It is necessary to rinse the roots in warm water.
- Replace the substrate.
Watering the plants after replacing the soil should be done no earlier than 10–12 days. With early watering the roots may begin to rot.
Prevent overdose of fertilizers and fertilizing
Buying an orchid, we see a healthy and beautiful flower. But appearance can be deceiving. Flower shops practice abundant fertilization of the flower with various substances, it improves the presentation. Side effects of overdose will manifest itself only in the second year of the life of the flower. There comes an unexpected period of exhaustion, the leaves turn yellow and fall off in just a few days. In this case, the usual transplant does not help, to save the plant, it will take a lot of time and effort.
If the flower is overfed with stimulants, you need to put in a warm, bright place. For two weeks, eliminate any feedings and fertilizers..
After two weeks, the plant can be slightly fed using special fertilizer for orchids, diluted with water in a 50/50 ratio. Re-feeding can be done after two weeks. But this time apply nitrogen fertilizer. This will give a new growth in leaf cover.
In the case of blooming orchids without leaves, we can assume that this is her last bloom. Since the plant is still very weak, and is not able to withstand the flowering of a lot of forces.
In case of overdose with fertilizers, using home conditions, the roots should be well washed with water and stopped watering for 5-6 weeks. Otherwise, the roots will begin to rot. At this time, instead of watering, you need to immerse the roots in water and rinse them, then immerse them in a ventilated pot to dry.
What actions to produce when drying orchid peduncle?
There are cases when the orchid peduncle suddenly begins to dry. When this happens at the end of flowering (about 3 months on average), this is normal. Otherwise, it may cause improper care.
Several reasons that interrupt flowering:
- Insufficient or excessive lighting.
- Insufficient or excessive watering.
- Nutrient requirements.
- The plant is in a zone of regular draft.
But if it so happened that the flower stem was still withered, the stem should be saved by the method of undercutting, leaving a stub of 5 or 10 mm. The root system must be rinsed under running water. Perform a thorough inspection. When dry or beginners are found to decay the roots, remove them. In places of slices for processing to apply cinnamon. Let the roots dry out and transplant the plant into a new substrate, which includes sphagnum moss and shredded pine bark.
Flower identify in a bright place, but avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Watering is done when the soil dries, but it is preferable to use the method of immersing the roots in water. After some time with proper care, gaining strength, the orchid will once again be able to please its owners with beautiful flowering.
Important to remember! Excess moisture, hypothermia, overheating - these are factors that adversely affect the health of orchids. Observing all the necessary rules, it is not necessary to resort to reanimation of phalaenopsis at all.
Rescue orchids without the use of greenhouses?
Comfortable rooting of the plant occurs at a temperature of from 20 to 27˚ C, in a place isolated from direct sunlight. Is there a rooting method if home greenhouse or greenhouse cannot be applied?
Having processed the rosette of the flower, it should place in a deep glass jar. Every morning in it pour filtered water, but so that the water touches only the bottom of the remaining roots. Leave it in water for 6 hours. After the time, drain the water and let the flower dry until morning. Another feature of fast and effective rooting. Add honey to the water used, based on 1 liter of water 1 teaspoon honey. In addition, the substrate can be moistened:
- complex fertilizers in low concentration,
- feed with iron
- once a month to handle growth regulator.