Pomegranate Rowan is a useful berry, with properties of which almost all gardeners and summer residents are familiar. She has beautiful ornamental plants, and her berries have a high level of nutrients. Therefore, it is imperative to plant this variety of berries in my plot, so that it pleases not only with a beautiful view, but also with its high useful yields, and you can see the description of this berry below.
The first to start breeding mountain ash varieties is I. V. Michurin. Back in 1925, he made the pollination of flowers of Siberian hawthorn or hawthorn with blood-red pollen of mountain ash. As a result, he received quite high quality planting material. The hybrid got the name - Michurin Krategosorbus (Bayurshynyoribina Michurina). He became one of the best among hybrid plants, for the fifth year he received high yields. Fruits are large with dark red garnet color. Therefore, this hybrid was given the name Garnet.
Garnet rowan has a fairly high tree with spreading branches. The height of the tree can reach up to 4 meters. The standard of living is usually between 20 and 25 years.
Rowan variety Garnet
The main characteristics of the tree:
- Crown the tree is wide thick
- Shoots they take root easily, they easily withstand frosts and extreme heat,
- Leaves have a decorative appearance. The size of the leaves is large, the color is dark green. Possess a regular, pinnate structure. The composition of the leaves includes 9-11 leaflets oblong species
- Leaf length is about 12 cm, width - 6 cm,
- Trees have uterine root system, root structure is well developed.
During the flowering period, white flowers appear on the tree. The size of the flowers is small. They are collected in bunches of corymbose inflorescences of 100 pieces each.
Flowers of Pomegranate Mountain Ash are collected in bunches of inflorescences
Mature fruits of young trees are located in large numbers on the basis of fruit twigs.. In adult plants, fruits grow on kolchatka, the life expectancy of which is not more than 5 years.
The main qualities of the fruit:
- Ripe rowan fruits have the form of a ball with faceted structure
- Coloring berries with a maroon-red tintthat has a gray patina,
- Present inside the berries yellow colored flesh with juicy structure
- Berry has sour taste with a sweet taste, in addition there may be a slight tartness,
- The weight of one ripe fruit ranges from 1.2 to 1.6 grams.
Rowan variety Garnet refers to skoroplodnyh varieties. Fruiting begins at 4 years after planting seedlings. Trees have high yields.
During the storage of berries in a dry cool room, the largest period of maturation is almost 5 months. Fresh berries can be dried, frozen. In addition, one can prepare various blanks for the winter.
Rowan varieties Garnet refers to the self-bearing varieties. But still many Gardeners recommend using a cross-pollination method to improve crop levels.. Usually for the cross-pollination method varieties of mountain ash are used, such as Dessert, Beth, Sorbinka.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before planting Rowan Granatnaya variety, it is worth exploring its positive qualities. In addition to the valuable qualities of this class, there are negative sides.Which should also pay attention.
Fruits of pomegranate rowan
- Sort able to withstand severe froststherefore, it can be planted in the northern regions of Russia,
- High yield, from one tree per season you can remove up to 2 large buckets of ripe fruit,
- Rowan Garnet refers to the self-fertile varieties, so when planting will not need to be planted in addition pollinators. Still, many gardeners recommend planting pollinators for cross-pollination to increase yields,
- Mature fruits have big sizes,
- Good ones taste qualities without bitterness,
- Berries can be stored a long time.
Negative qualities include the following disadvantages:
- Short juice service. The Pomegranate Rowan Tree lives on average 20 to 25 years,
- Average resistance to exposure to harmful insects and diseases.
For planting this variety, you can use drained sod and sod-weakly podzolic loamy soil. On this soil, trees grow best and are faster accepted.
Autumn is the most suitable season for planting mountain ash.. It is also allowed to land in the spring, but the main thing is to make it until the bud break. In addition, for planting is to choose a sunny place with a good flow of sunlight. In dark places, mountain ash will give low yields with poor quality.
How to plant:
- First thing digging a hole for landing,
- The size of the diameter of the future hole should be 1 meter, the depth should be about half a meter,
- The bottom layer of soil must be mixed. with 20 kilograms of humus, 400 grams of superphosphate, 200-300 grams of potassium sulphate,
- Deepen neck radical type in the ground need 4-5 cm,
- Thereafter seedling must be watered plenty of water, at least 2 buckets,
- Mulching is performed. a layer of at least 8-10 cm
- Composting can be used for loosening.mixed with wood ash.
Watering and loosening
Rowan Pomegranate loves to grow on wet soil, but it does not tolerate strong water stagnation. In the absence of precipitation, mountain ash should be watered three times. Watering is performed according to the scheme:
- First watering performed at the beginning of the growing season
- Next watering runs about 17-21 days before harvest,
- Last watering produced approximately 21-28 days after harvest.
It is imperative that after each watering the ground should be well loosened, this will allow to keep the necessary amount of water in the soil. Besides loosening the soil is recommended in the period of early spring and autumnin preparation for the winter. It is recommended to dig up the earth no deeper than 15 cm in order not to harm the roots.
Be sure to in the process of growing need to prune trees. Conducted sanitary and formative pruning.
- In the spring time, trees have an earlier entry into growth, therefore circumcision should be done before the kidneys swell,
- In young plants to shorten 1 kidney, shoots are removed, due to which an acute angle is formed,
- For mature trees circumcision is done as needed. It is usually made to form the shape of the crown, as well as for thinning it,
- All lower branches, growth near the roots are cut off,
- Other branches shortened by 1/3.
If during planting fertilizer mixtures were introduced into the well for planting, then for the first three years it is worth fertilizing the mountain ash. In spring time during the digging of the earth is necessary to make 25 grams of ammonium nitrate or urea. From the fourth year of life except spring, top dressing is done in the fall. In the autumn period during digging 50 grams of superphosphate and 30 grams of potassium are introduced into the soil.
Rowan variety Garnet has low-growing trees. Trees have an extraordinary beautiful appearance that brightens up the entire garden area.. Trees, even in winter, will delight with their beauty. In addition, the mountain ash Pomegranate has berries of large size. Ripe berries acquire an unusual dark red hue with a bluish tinge. Another distinctive feature of the plant is a short lifespan.
Diseases and pests
Pomegranate Rowan has low resistance to diseases and pests. In order to protect the tree and the crop from pests and diseases, it is necessary to carry out timely prevention. If the plant is already affected, then treatment is carried out with the help of special preparations.
Advantages and disadvantages of the plant
Rowan has its pros and cons. They must be read before purchasing and planting a tree. The following characteristics will help to understand the characteristics of the variety and to understand whether it is worth planting rowan on your plot of land.
First, let's talk about the positive qualities.
- This variety demonstrates excellent frost resistance. This factor is very important for most Russian gardeners. The tree will feel great even in the northern regions of the country.
- From one adult tree you can collect two large buckets of ripe berries. This indicates a high yield of the variety.
- Additional pollinators for fruiting are not needed, as the plant is self-bearing. However, for greater efficiency, some gardeners recommend planting several trees alongside for cross-pollination.
- The large, dense and useful berries filled with vitamins and useful minerals.
- Excellent taste without bitterness.
- Fruits retain freshness and taste for a long time.
Garnet rowanberry: description
Garnet rowan is the result of the hard work of breeders who crossed an ordinary variety with hawthorn. Through such a crossing, an attractive plant appeared that grows up to 4 meters and has unusual leaves with a glossy shade, large inflorescences, as well as cream or white flowers. Tree takes root freely in any climatic conditions, since It has excellent cold and drought resistance.
Rowan are not afraid of either extreme cold or the scorching sun. Due to the amazingly beautiful fruits, during the fruiting period the rowan becomes a real decoration for the garden area. They have a rich burgundy color and neat faceted shape. The size of the berries of mountain ash pomegranate differs significantly from traditional varieties.
In addition to excellent decoration, the culture has other useful properties. Among them - the medicinal destination. The fruit contains a large supply of acids (about 30% of vitamin C, 10-12% mg of carotene, vitamins of groups K, E, P, B2, B9, complexes of macro- and microelements, pectic substances, etc.). Because of such a rich composition, berries can be both harmful and beneficial.
- The variety called "Swedish", or intermediate, is the result of hybridization of the species Aria and ordinary. It is found wild in the forests of Central Europe and in the territory of Scandinavia. It is distinguished from traditional rowan by whole leaves with an unusual shape and color. Young individuals have a cone-shaped crown, which acquires an oval-convex shape with further growth and development. An adult tree can grow up to 15 meters, although with cultural cultivation the maximum height is about 5 meters. The ripening of the orange-scarlet fruit of the intermediate rowan begins in early autumn. Culture has found wide application in European countries, due to the rich composition and many unique properties,
- The round-leaved rowan (Aria) is a tall tree, up to 12 meters high, with characteristic colorful leaves of a round shape. With growth in natural conditions, it prefers warm mountain regions, therefore a significant part of the representatives of the species is concentrated in the southern regions of Europe. Fruits of culture are colored in orange-pink shades, possess characteristic powdery pulp and excellent taste. The berries contain many useful substances on the basis of which you can create an invaluable vitamin flour,
- Siberian mountain ash grows in the vast expanses of Siberia and the Far East. Often grows like a normal tree, or a large shrub that grows up to ten meters in height. In the process of further development forms a complex, odd-pinnate leaves, which consist of oblong leaves with jagged edges. Thyroid inflorescences include several tiny flowers, painted in delicate white shades. The fruits of Siberian mountain ash can be orange and red with a tart, bitter-sweet taste. The main value of the plant is contained in the berries, where there is a large amount of vitamins and trace elements. Siberian mountain ash is cultivated as a valuable medicinal, fruit and ornamental plants,
Also, at home maintenance, growers grow a hybrid variety, the mountain ash Vefed, which has its own unique properties and advantages.
The composition of garnet rowan
As for the wild varieties, they are found in almost all regions of the Russian Federation. By the way, not only ripened fruits are used for medical purposes, but also other parts of the crop, including the kidneys and bark.. Unequivocal answer to the questionWhich species is more useful - wild or garden, no. It is important to understand that the majority of garden varieties were derived from the wild, so their composition is not much different from the parent.
The active emergence of new varieties and hybrid species of mountain ash began thanks to the hard work of the scientist-breeder Michurin, who managed to bring out unique individuals with a high content of ascorbic acid. They are still used for the preparation of highly effective folk remedies for the treatment and prevention of diseases. In addition, the berries of these species have amazing taste properties, which only improves their value.
However, each medal has a downside, so the incredibly useful rowan has its drawbacks. The benefits or harms of using the products of plant life are determined by chemical composition.
Known that culture belongs to the group of the most popular multivitamin plantsstraining with wild rose and sea buckthorn. In berries of some varieties can be about 90 mg% of ascorbic acid, 0.75% of P-active compounds, carotene, vitamin K1 and other substances. In addition, the fruits are rich in:
- macro and micronutrients,
- organic acids
And a lot of other useful items..
Depending on the type, berries can differ in their chemical composition and quantity of useful components. In addition, these indicators depend on soil or climatic factors. Also not a plant affected by growing conditions. In the process of ripening, the berries are enriched with organic acids, sugars, ascorbic acid, however, the content of tannins is reduced.
Other characteristics of the fruits of pomegranate rowan
With regard to taste, then the fruits of mountain ash, they are represented by bitter notes, which are explained by the presence of sorbic acid glycosode in the chemical composition. In turn, a certain astringency is due to tannins and pectins. The acidity indicators in the berries of many species are in the range of 1.7-3.6%. As mentioned above, the fruits have a high content of ascorbic acid, which makes them a very useful source of vitamin. However, due to such featuresand, the product may be contraindicated for people suffering from certain problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
In all other cases, rich in vitamin C berries, can be a good way to stimulate the production of gastric juice and improve digestive processes, which is very important when dealing with gastritic manifestations, which are accompanied by low acidity. In addition, fruits and preparations based on them perfectly tone the intestines and lead to its active cleansing of toxins.
It has been proven by science that the rare vitamin K1 is present in rowan berries, or as it is called “coagulation vitamin”. Its effect is on blood clotting, so it can be called an amazing wound-healing agent for healing wounds and stopping internal or external bleeding. The more vitamin K1 in the body, the faster the blood stops for large blood loss, and wounds heal more effectively.
Vitamin C is known to have an anti-hemorrhagic effect that can prevent the development of osteoarthritis, type 2 diabetes, and other common health problems. In addition, K1 is an indispensable part of many cosmetic preparations that are designed to increase the elasticity of the skin.
However, people who suffer from atrial fibrillation with a high rate of prothrombin should not eat berries. It is also worth refusing to use them at risk of blood clots and increased blood clotting.
Spheres of application
Rowan fruits can be used not only for treatment, but also for prophylactic purposes. Very often they are used to prevent chronic avitaminosis, loss of appetite, atherosclerosis, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine pathologies and other dangerous diseases. Berries can help with arterial hypertension, at the initial stages of its development, hemorrhagic diathesis, internal bleeding, burns and diarrhea.
For centuries, people have used mountain ash bark to fight hepatitis, hemorrhoids, kidney and gallstone diseases, hypertension, uterine bleeding, giardiasis, and many other common diseases. It is known that the bark contains a large concentration of tannins, tannins and triterpenoids. Bark-based products are contraindicated for pregnant women and the elderly, aged from 45 years. Also, with very intensive use of this part of garnet rowan, there is a risk of constipation.
Grenade rowan - real treasure of nature. The unique properties of this culture are so unlimited that many of them are still unknown to man. Nevertheless, every year the waste products of a beautiful tree are finding new areas of application.
Positive and negative characteristics
In its description of mountain ash Garnet has a number of advantages, thanks to which it has gained popularity. Among them are:
- high yields - 15–20 kg of fruits from one tree with appropriate care,
- good winter hardiness
- can be used as protection of garden plants from winds,
- long-term preservation of berries - up to 5 months in a cool room,
- lack of bitterness
- fire characteristics,
- medicinal properties
The disadvantages include the fact that the plant does not live long. And also has moderate immunity to pests and diseases.
It is better to plant rowan in the autumn. In the spring they also plant, but this must be done before the bud breaks. Culture has requirements for light - the site should be well lit by the sun. In shady places is also increasing, but yields will be lower.
Of the soil types, it is better to choose sod-weakly podzolic loams. Groundwater is contraindicated for the plant. The optimum distance to them should be 1.5-2 m from the surface.
In areas with moisture stagnation, cultivation of mountain ash Grenade is impossible.
The dimensions of the pit for planting should be calculated taking into account the dimensions of the roots of the seedling. The approximate depth is about half a meter, the diameter is about one meter. Dig the soil fertilized. It adds:
- 20 kg of humus,
- 0.3—0.4 kg of superphosphate,
- 0.2—0.3 kg of potassium sulfate.
- 4-5 cm - the optimal deepening of the neck of the radical type.
Then you need to water the tree with 2 buckets of water. Pristvolny circle mulched with compost with the addition of wood ash or sawdust, peat. Layer mulch should be more than 8 cm. The distance between the trees during planting must be maintained 2-2.5 m. It is better to plant along the fence or wall structures.
Rowan Pomegranate - unpretentious plant. But for high yields, some rules are worth keeping.
If there is not enough natural moisture (precipitation), it is necessary to ensure timely watering. It is carried out in 3 stages:
- at the initial stage of vegetative development,
- about 3 weeks before picking the fruit,
- 3-4 weeks after harvest.
For this, a groove is made around the barrel, into which liquid is introduced. Consumption - 30— 40 liters per 1 square. m
After each watering it is necessary to loosen the soil. It is made with the aim of providing air access to the root system and moisture retention. Such manipulations are worth making in early spring and autumn to prepare the tree for the winter period. Dig up the soil no more than 15 cm, so as not to catch the roots.
Gardeners form a bushy crown or sparsely-tiered. This will provide good lighting, landing will not take up much space. It is necessary to constantly lower the height of the culture, thin out if the crown has become too thick. This contributes to increased productivity. Also produce sanitary trim - remove dry and damaged branches to prevent the development of disease.
Proper formation is the key to high yields. It begins to do in the spring before the buds. In the early stages of development, the rowan is cut into one kidney. The branch angle must not be very sharp. An adult tree is pruned as necessary. The branches are shortened to the third part, thinned. Remove the lower branches and shoots.
Rowan Pomegranate requires fertilization. The first 3 years provide nutrients only in the spring, provided that they feed the land during planting. Bring in ammonium nitrate or urea (25 g of funds per 1 sq. M.). This is done when digging the ground. Starting at 4 years old, fertilizing is done in the fall. Use phosphate and potash fertilizers. Superphosphate (40–50 g) and potassium salt (30 g) can be used as such.
Like the sea buckthorn and the wild rose, the Garnet rowan is a real fount of useful substances and trace elements. One berry of this garden tree consists of 90% of vitamin C. The remaining 10% is folic acid, tannins, glucose, pectin, vitamins K, A, E and B.
The content of beneficial substances may vary depending on the conditions under which the tree was grown. For the treatment of various diseases in traditional medicine are used not only rowan berries, but also buds, leaves and even bark.
Due to the huge range of nutrients, Garnet rowan facilitates the patient's condition with various problems with the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers, colitis).
Its fruits help well in diseases of the cardiovascular system, especially for people who have problems with blood clotting. Rowan is indispensable for:
- diabetes mellitus
- skin diseases
- endocrine pathologies.
The fruits of this tree perfectly restore immunity and help to fight against avitaminosis. but it is worth remembering, mountain ash can be contraindicated for humans, like any other drug.
With care, these berries should be taken by people with increased acidity of the stomach, patients exposed to various allergic reactions, pregnant women and retirees over 50 years of age.
The fruits of pomegranate rowan should be taken with caution to pregnant women, allergies, retired people and people with high acidity of the stomach
The variety begins to actively develop and grow, it is worth barely warm the sun. Therefore, pruned mountain ash should be trimmed in early spring, before the first buds appear.
It is necessary to adhere to the scheme: a young sapling is shortened by one bud, and extra new shoots are removed. An adult tree is trimmed as necessary - in order to shape the crown and thin it. Old dense branches on the lower part of the trunk are also carefully removed.
Pruning rowan should be done carefully so as not to damage the young shoots. Take the time to carry out this procedure, and then in the fall the mountain ash will delight you with its beautiful appearance.
Top dressing and pollination
Although the variety Garnet rowan belongs to the self-pollinated, in order to increase its productivity, additional plants are planted next to the tree for pollination. Wild plant species are not suitable for these purposes, but varieties such as Sorbinka and Dessert show excellent results.
It is recommended to plant garnet rowan with other varieties, for example, Sorbinkoy
Speaking of fertilizing, the care of the plant includes the constant introduction of minerals. If you have fertilized a tree when planted, then the next time you will need to add nutrients next spring. The best of all is to use ammonium nitrate or urea. This feeding scheme should be followed in the next 2 years. On the 4th, you need to start feeding the plant not only in spring, but also in autumn.
For propagation of Garnet mountain ash, it is possible to use both root cuttings and young cuttings.
In addition, it is permissible to plant the shoots of this variety to the seedlings of the ordinary mountain ash or to budge. This is done in the middle of summer. If you decide to make a vaccination to ordinary mountain ash, please note that this is easy to do, because the cuttings are very easy to take root and root.
Reproduction by arc layings is also carried out in early spring. For this, the lower branches of the Grenade mountain ash are bent down to the ground and fixed with the help of special arms. Being in such a state, the rowan branch very quickly takes roots and gives new shoots. The main thing is that the soil around the tree all the time was moist and loosened. The stalk should be separated from the main tree in the 3rd year after the operation was performed.
Plant resistance to disease
Rowan Pomegranate suffers from various diseases and pests quite often. Therefore, it is important to constantly monitor the condition of the tree, to carry out preventive measures to prevent the disease of seedlings and, if necessary, organize their treatment.
The plant suffers from diseases such as monilioz, affecting the bark of the tree, and powdery mildew, due to which the foliage is sick. In addition, trees need treatment with special preparations. It is necessary to completely remove all damaged areas from seedlings. Consider that treatment with chemicals should be carried out in early spring - before the first buds appear on the plants. Copper sulfate, colloidal sulfur and soap solution are commonly used to treat these diseases.
There are pests that affect garden and other plants belonging to the genus Pink.
- Rowan moth. The fruit of the tree suffers most from this insect. As a result of the life activity of the moth, the berries turn black and begin to rot, because of which most of the crop falls.
- Gall mite. This insect multiplies instantly - in one season it has time to grow to 4 generations. Mites form galls on the leaves of mountain ash, completely hitting the crown. In addition, this dangerous pest can start in the ovaries of the kidneys.
- Rowan Aphid. Twisted and darkened leaves - the main sign that this insect started. Huge settlements of aphids can in one moment destroy the harvest of berries.
- Red-winged weevil. Since the larvae of this pest tolerate frost, the insect waits in the ground for winter, and at the beginning of spring begins to actively proliferate. Rowan flowers are affected - the female weevil lays eggs in them, because of which the fruits spoil and shrink.
To overcome insect pests will help pesticides, which are a wide range of presented in the horticultural market. They can be easily purchased in specialized stores. In addition, it is very important to completely destroy damaged foliage and missing fruits. Otherwise, they will serve as a source of new pests.
Description varieties Granatnaya
Garnet - the result of the selection of mountain ash and blood red hawthorn. An adult tree with a thick and sprawling crown reaches a height of 4 m. Life expectancy is 20-25 years. The shoots take root well and easily tolerate frosts and the scorching rays of the sun. The leaves of the ornamental species, rather large, dark green, alternate, oddnoperobistye, consist of 9–11 oblong leaves. The length of the leaves is about 12 cm, width - 6 cm. The root system of the tree is fibrous, with a well-developed structure.
The flowers are white, small, gathered in bunches of corymbose inflorescences up to 100 pieces. In young trees, fruits are mainly concentrated on fruit twigs, in mature trees they are concentrated on rings that live for about 5 years.
The fruits of mountain ash spherical, faceted, maroon-red color with a bluish bloom. The flesh is yellow, juicy. Taste is sweet-sour with easy tartness. Mass of one fruit - 1.2–1.6 g. The berries contain up to 30% of ascorbic acid, 12% of carotene, pectins, vitamins B2, B9, E, P, K, as well as micro and macro elements. Sugar content - 6–8%. The bitterness is absent.
Rowan variety Garnet is notable for its short stature and extraordinarily beautiful appearance. Even in winter, the tree will delight with its beauty. Also, Garnet uncharacteristic for many varieties of mountain ash large fruits of dark red color with a bluish tinge. Another difference of this variety is the short lifespan of the tree.
Rowan Granatnaya - not only fruit, but also a beautiful ornamental tree
Video: how to plant mountain ash
Despite the stated unpretentiousness, mountain ash Pomegranate needs systematic care. This is necessary for obtaining a regular abundant harvest, as well as for greater resistance of the tree to the harsh weather conditions and attacks of pests.
Category: Pen Type 01
The Rowan "Granatnaya" was bred by I. Michurin as a result of work on the crossing of the rowan of the variety "Nevezhinskaya" with hawthorn. And if this plant is known to domestic gardeners as “Michurinskaya grenade”, then the name “Ivans belle” is more common abroad.
Description and varietal characteristics
Description rowan "Garnet" involves the formation of a tree with a height of up to 3-4 m, with a certain similarity with rowan ordinary. The average period of productive cultivation is no more than twenty years. The plant is characterized by frost resistance and perfectly adapts in most regions of our country.
The shoots are distinguished by good aging and are practically not affected by the negative effects in the form of sunburn and freezing. Despite the high light-loving performance, The plant bears fruit quite well under some shading conditions.
The foliage is a regular, pinnate, consisting of several leaves with an oblong-elliptical shape. The appearance of the crown is quite decorative. The root system of adult plants is well developed, fibrous type. Mixed fruit buds. Blossoms small, white, collected in large corymbose inflorescences, flowers. Late flowering periods allow avoiding damage by returning spring frosts.
Fruits are attractive, burgundy in color with a pomegranate shade, globular in shape, average weight not more than 1−1.6 g Tastes are good. The taste is sweet and sour, with a slight but pleasant tartness. Ripe pulp is yellow, quite juicy.
Rowan called "Pomegranate" is a multivitamin hybrid plant. In the ripe fruit contains about 29−30 mg /% of vitamin C and not less than 10−12 mg /% carotene. The pulp is rich in vitamins B2, B9, K, P and E. Also in the fruit there is a sufficient amount of pectin, macro - and micronutrients.
As a rule, the berries of this variety are not used fresh, but have proven themselves as a raw material for making jam, fruit jelly, jam, homemade wine, compotes, vitamin syrups and juices. The variety is characterized by high yield. If simple agrotechnics are observed, the yield per adult tree is about 18–20 kg.
Despite the high rates of self-fertility, in order to increase the yield, it is recommended to use the method of cross-pollination, which involves planting on a site of rowan varieties "Dessert", "Vefed" and Sorbinka.
Cultivating mountain ash varieties "Granatnaya" in home garden gardening is quite simple. It is enough to take into account some features of the plant and comply with the requirements for the care of the berry crop:
- plots allocated for cultivation of this garden crop should be represented by sod-weakly podzolic loam and enriched with organic matter,
- the site should not be stagnant moisture, and the optimum values of groundwater occurrence are 1.5−2 m from the surface,
- It is recommended to plant rowan saplings in autumn or very early spring, even before budding on the plant,
- when digging planting pits should focus on the size of the root system of the seedling, as well as the depth of the root of the cervix about 4−5 cm,
- the distance between the seedlings can not be less than two meters, and the best option is to plant along the fence or the wall of the building.
Planted plants should be watered abundantly, and the tree trunk circle should be mulched with sawdust or peat.
The soil on the site should always be as loose and free from weeds. If the soil is quite fertile and in the process of planting it is enriched with organic matter, then in the first two years it is advisable to feed the plants in the spring only with nitrogen-containing fertilizers in the form of nitrate or urea. At the fruiting stage, adult plants are supplemented with top dressings by adding superphosphate and potassium salt in the fall. Both young plants and adult plants need systematic watering (three buckets of water per square meter of plantings).
The most successful is the formation of a bushy or sparse-tiered crown, which allows to improve lighting and increase the compactness of plantings. Productive plants need to regularly reduce the height of the crown.
Rowan variety "Garnet" has sufficient stability, however, damage can be observed aphids, ticks, scutes, sawfly larvae or caterpillars of butterflies. Diseases are not very common and can be represented by rust and fruit rot, or moniliasis.