The effect of echinacea on the immune system of the body due to its composition:
- Vitamins, macro-and microelements.
- Essential lipids.
- Caffeic acid and its derivatives.
Echinacea has contraindications. To avoid its negative impact on the immune system and the body, you need to get advice and a therapist.
Benefits bring components:
- Iron. An important element for the human circulatory system. Thanks to him, red bodies increase, hemoglobin joins more actively, improves saturation of the brain with oxygen.
- Calcium. The beneficial properties of echinacea are increasing. This trace element strengthens bones, nourishes cartilage tissue.
- Silicon. Forms new cells in the body and actively influences their growth.
- Selenium improves the protective properties of the body, which is very important during periods of infection, when you have to fight viruses and bacteria.
- Inulin Echinacea actively breaks down fats and removes harmful metabolic products from tissues, it has a positive effect on the immune system, the work of the liver.
In the instructions for use of Echinacea purpurea to the fore its antiviral and antiseptic properties. The plant has an antibacterial effect and inhibits the development of coccal infection.
Another effect of the plant is its active suppression of inflammation, rheumatoid manifestation and allergic reactions.
Information: the roots of the plant are used to reduce pain during burns, stop long-term bleeding, heal wounds.
Echinacea tincture along with expensive procedures rejuvenates the body. The composition of the plant nourishes the hair, skin and nails. The rejuvenating properties of echinacea are manifested due to the removal of metabolic products from the lymphatic system.
Echinacea purpurea helps men with prostatitis, inflammation of the genital and urinary systems, prostate tumors, infections.
Tincture of Echinacea purpurea is used in malignant tumors of the reproductive and urinary systems. The carcinogenic effect of the drug is achieved by increasing the body's resistance, as well as the rapid disposal of harmful radicals.
Application for children
The defenses of the child’s body are most often adults exposed to the negative effects of the environment. This is due to the need to be in a large children's team.
It is better to refuse to take Echinacea purpurea tablets. A tincture or decoction would be suitable for such use.
Recipes for kids:
- Broths or tincture is used in the form of drops for the treatment of inflammation in the ears, gums and teeth. When insect bites, you can use cotton pads soaked in tincture. This method will reduce pain, reduce swelling.
- Inhalation with a decoction of Echinacea will be useful in diseases of the respiratory tract - bronchitis, tracheitis, tonsillitis.
- Baths. For its preparation, the extract is diluted in 200 milliliters of water. At the end of the procedure, wipe the baby dry and put on warm cotton clothes. It is advisable to wear warm socks on your feet and then put the baby on the bed. Course duration 10-14 days.
- Aromatherapy. The dosage of echinacea is 3-5 drops of tincture or 1-2 drops of extract. Such a procedure is useful for the child, since it acts well on the body itself and disinfects the surrounding air, destroying pathogenic bacteria and viruses.
Contraindications and side effects
- It is not recommended to use the tool with an increased tendency to allergies.
- With autoimmune diseases.
- If connective tissue problems echinacea should be used very carefully and with any side effects should stop taking.
- During pregnancy and lactation it should not be used because of the negative impact on the child.
How to take
The release form of echinacea is different, but alcohol tincture is most often used. Proper administration of the drug involves the dissolution of 1 ml of the drug in half a glass of water. It is necessary to take such a drug on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before meals, three times a day. It is not recommended to take medicine for more than two weeks.
The decoction is used in the same way as tincture, and compresses are used as a warming and immunostimulating agent for diseases of the bronchi and lungs. Compresses will help with various skin diseases.
Echinacea purpurea extract in capsules is most convenient - it is not necessary to prepare or dilute it, it is enough to drink a capsule with water. Take it should be the same as the tincture.
Cooking at home
Take 30 grams of grass and place it in a glass container, bottle or jar, the main condition - a tight lid. For such a quantity of raw materials you need 450 grams of vodka or diluted alcohol. After three weeks, during which you need to periodically shake the container, the tincture is ready for use.
Echinacea medicinal properties and contraindications
With Echinacea, the Europeans met in the 17th century. Thanks to its beautiful colors, it has become a decoration of parks and gardens. After some time, Echinacea was recognized as a medicinal plant. However, the healing properties and contraindications of echinacea were known long before that. The shamans of North America were among the first to use this plant for the treatment of burns, pains of various origins, colds, bites of the most venomous snakes.
As they studied the composition and properties of echinacea, pharmacists in many countries created drugs that contain this flower more and more often. Each study only confirmed that echinacea is an excellent antiviral and antibacterial agent. It also perfectly stimulates the human immune system.
Echinacea description, photo
Echinacea purpurea is a perennial plant of the aster family, with large flowers - baskets of purple color. It has a special aroma and taste. It is unpretentious in the care, in height can reach 1.5 m. It has a rough branched stem and the same rough, pointed leaves. The root system consists of branched short roots. Echinacea blooms at the age of two. Flowers appear in the second half of June, the plant blooms after 2.5 months.
Echinacea initially grew in arid regions of North America, mainly in its eastern part. Despite the variety of known species of echinacea (white, narrow-leaved, bloody, feigning, Tenessian), purple echinacea is used in pharmacology and as a folk remedy.
Important! All parts of Echinacea are curative: stems, leaves, flowers and roots.
Medicinal properties of echinacea purpurea, valuable to the human body, are explained by the unique combination of many components. The main components of the plant:
- amino acids
- essential oils.
Echinacea contains vitamins A, C, E, lipids, phenols, tannins. Of the trace elements present: iron, chlorine, aluminum, potassium, calcium, magnesium. In a small amount of the chemical composition of the plant complement: selenium, cobalt, zinc, manganese, molybdenum.
Such a rich composition causes the beneficial effect of Echinacea on the blood, the fight against cancer cells, as well as anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory properties. Due to the high content of polysaccharides, Echinacea actively stimulates the production of interferon, thereby increasing the defenses of the human body.
Useful and healing properties
Echinacea purpurea is a powerful immunomodulator. Unlike ginseng, which “shakes” immunity, echinacea helps him to start working independently. In this regard, it is recommended as a prophylactic against flu and colds.
Under the influence of echinacea-based drugs, the circulatory and lymphatic systems are purified, viruses and bacteria die. In addition, free radicals are eliminated, as a result, cell aging slows down, the body as a whole rejuvenates.
Important! For the treatment of skin diseases, stop bleeding use grass roots.
The following most significant healing properties of echinacea purpurea can be distinguished:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Relieves inflammation.
- Destroys viruses, fungi, bacteria.
- Cleans the body.
- Interferes with growth and reproduction of tumor cells.
The substances contained in echinacea, accelerate tissue regeneration. This property of a plant was widely used in ancient times by North American Indians for treating wounds. Many studies have proven the destructive effect of herb components on staphylococci and streptococci.
Echinacea purpurea in medicine is prescribed for the treatment of many diseases. The list of diseases amenable to treatment with echinacea is quite capacious. The most common indications for use:
- catarrhal diseases (including acute respiratory infections, influenza),
- pathology of the respiratory system,
- infectious lesions of the urinary organs,
- gastrointestinal inflammation,
- skin diseases of various origin (psoriasis, dermatitis, purulent wounds, furunculosis).
Echinacea preparations are used in depressive states, insomnia, and nervous fatigue. They increase concentration, improve memory.
Important! The plant is not addictive. During treatment, no side effects are observed.
For medical purposes, Echinacea is used in such forms as:
- Tincture. She treats allergies, gastritis, pancreatitis, diseases of the genital and urinary system, intestinal dysfunction, purulent skin diseases. When inflammation of the respiratory tract tincture is rubbed into the skin of the back. With the initial symptoms of a cold, it is added to the water while taking a bath.
- Tea. Its main purpose is the prevention of SARS, flu. In order not to get sick during a flu epidemic, it is recommended to brew the flowers of the plant or its roots, and drink such tea from 1 to 3 glasses per day. You can also use tea in order to improve metabolism, to rejuvenate the body.
- Decoction. It copes well with headaches, removes excess fluid, thereby eliminating edema, normalizes blood pressure. Echinacea decoction prevents vision loss, improves appetite. They are treated with skin rashes, burns, insect bites.
- Lotions, baths, compresses. As an external agent prescribed for the treatment of eczema, carbuncles. Compresses impose on inflamed skin with hydradenitis. The pain of bruises and wounds can be alleviated with the help of lotions with echinacea.
- Infusion. It normalizes the composition of blood. Strengthens the protective system, relieves stress, has a bracing property. Outwardly used for the treatment of burns, for sucking scars.
- Extract. Perfectly is suitable both for internal, and for external use. Regular use of an extract of echinacea will help avoid colds, reduce nerve stress. As an external tool is used to treat bruises and wounds.
- Another way to use echinacea is syrup. Its action helps to increase the body's resistance to pathological microorganisms. Often, syrup is prescribed at the initial stages of malignant neoplasms.
Important! When taking Echinacea internally, the prescribed dosage should be strictly followed.
The use of echinacea in clinical nutrition
Echinacea can be used not only in dosage forms. Healing properties do not lose their value while using the plant for food. The essential oils, resins, and fiber contained in all parts of Echinacea improve metabolic processes. Entering the body with food, the active components of the herb have a favorable local effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood, fill the deficiency of vitamins.
In summer fresh Echinacea leaves are added to salads and soups. In other seasons, it is recommended to use dried leaves, stems and flowers.
The healing properties of echinacea for men
The ability of Echinacea to positively affect the sexual sphere is used in the treatment of certain male diseases. Under the action of plant components, inflammation disappears in a short time, viruses die, fungi cease to multiply.
Important! Men under 50 years old who wish to have children should not use echinacea preparations, or reduce the dosage, because the agents inhibit sperm motility during treatment.
Echinacea purpurea is effective in complex therapy for such problems as: prostatitis, prostate adenoma, urinary infections, inflammation of the urinary organs, infertility. Thanks to immunomoduliruyuschim properties of plant materials are successfully used for malignant tumors of the male urinary system. The body is freed from disease-causing substances, begins to more effectively deal with foreign cells.
Therapeutic echinacea for women
Drugs with echinacea are widely used to eliminate multi-age health problems of women. Echinacea preparations are effective in the treatment of:
- inflammation of the ovaries and cervix,
Positive dynamics is also observed after a course of treatment for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and candidiasis. Trace elements that make up the plant, normalize the female hormones by a favorable effect on the thyroid gland and adrenal glands. A healthy hormonal system is the key to a woman’s overall well-being.
Echinacea for the treatment of skin diseases
The unique healing, antifungal, as well as antiseptic properties of Echinacea help to treat purulent lesions of the skin, provide an opportunity to quickly relieve inflammation, pain during skin damage. Experts prescribe Echinacea for skin diseases such as:
- herpes, papillomas,
- burns of varying degrees
- ulcerative lesion.
Lotions and compresses with echinacea relieve the condition of psoriasis - eliminate peeling and itching. Those who suffer cracks on the heels, it is recommended to lubricate the cracks with grass-based oil for the night, after steaming the legs with hot water.
In cosmetology, the plant is used to eliminate acne on the face. They are rubbed with a grass-based lotion. After this procedure, small cracks heal, redness disappears. People with problematic skin are well suited fresh juice of the leaves of the plant, which should wipe the skin. This method still allows to smooth wrinkles. For the care of the skin of the whole body, Echinacea baths with a comfortable temperature will be effective.
Important! Echinacea based preparations can lighten the skin of the face. This property is used to get rid of age spots.
Vitamins, antioxidants and trace elements of Echinacea are included in the composition of shampoos, conditioners, hair masks. These tools stop hair loss, give them a healthy look, eliminate seborrhea due to the normalization of the scalp.
Echinacea tincture - benefit and harm
The most common in the use of alcoholic tincture of echinacea. It gives positive results in the treatment of a number of the most famous pathologies. The use of tincture:
- Stabilizes the thyroid gland, without affecting the overall hormonal state.
- In the form of baths, compresses, lotions eliminates skin problems. Widely used by dermatologists and cosmetologists.
- Copes with stomatitis, sore throat, gingivitis.
- Relieves urinary tract infections. Eliminates the inflammatory processes of the digestive system.
- It contributes to the speedy recovery of the body after chemotherapy, prolonged viral diseases.
Important! Echinacea tincture is not indicated for pregnant women, nursing mothers and children under 12 years of age. This category of patients fit infusions and decoctions.
Herbal tincture is indispensable for the defeat of the oral cavity of various etiologies: periodontal disease, glossitis, tonsillitis. The effect of tincture can be observed by rubbing it every evening into sore joints. This tool is useful when the patient has myositis or sciatica.
Because of the alcohol base tincture is contraindicated in patients with a history of allergy to the drug, autoimmune diseases, cancer of the circulatory system. You can not drink tincture of people whose activity is associated with driving a car.
Do not get involved in the reception of tincture. Exceeding the dose or timing may lead to unpleasant consequences.
- itchy skin
- lowering blood pressure
Argued that the tincture of echinacea is completely harmless. People drink it when they themselves consider it necessary, in unlimited quantities. This is wrong and insecure. The required result will be achieved only if the optimum dose is strictly observed (3 to 6 ml per day), and to follow the recommended regimen (3 times a day for 10 days).
Tincture to increase immunity
Due to its rich, harmonious composition, echinacea tincture increases the body's resistance to the action of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and attacks of harmful microorganisms. This helps people to avoid contracting diseases of various origins, especially during the off-season, when immunity is the most weakened. Доказано, что пациенты, принимающие настойку во время болезни, быстрее выздоравливают.
In order to maintain the immune system at the proper level, it is necessary to start taking the tincture as follows:
- First day. Drink 40 drops at once, eat half an hour later. After 2 hours, just half an hour before meals take the next 20 drops.
- The second and subsequent days. Drink tincture three times a day, 20 drops before meals.
- Course duration - 14 days. The next course can be repeated no earlier than 6 months.
How to cook at home a healing tincture of Echinacea
Echinacea tincture is sold in pharmacies. But you can cook it at home by yourself. To be sure of the quality of raw materials, it is better to buy it all in the same pharmacies. For tincture suitable leaves, roots and flowers. When self-collecting plants should take into account the fact that the greatest benefit will be from the leaves collected in the summer, and from the stems and roots - in the fall.
Well dried, crushed parts of Echinacea are placed in a container, then poured with either alcohol or vodka. 50 grams of raw materials will require ¼ liter of alcohol or 500 ml of vodka.
Next, the container should be placed in a cool place without access of light for 2 - 3 weeks. During this time, the tincture must be shaken several times. After 21 days, it is filtered. Tincture is ready for use.
Echinacea tablets, ampoules price
Many pharmacological companies produce echinacea tablets. The popularity of this form of release is that it is convenient to carry tablets with you; additional funds will not be needed to take them. Echinacea tablets contain an extract of the plant or its juice.
Indications and contraindications for tablets are the same as for other forms of drugs based on Echinacea. Tablets take during the week up to 4 pieces per day.
In ampoules of 2 ml of Echinacea is available for intramuscular, intravenous, subcutaneous administration. In this form, the plant is used as an anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating agent. The drug has a light sedative, analgesic and hemostatic properties. Parenteral administration of echinacea with myositis, radiculitis, arthritis, sepsis, and genital infections is prescribed.
Important! If it is impossible to administer the drug parenterally, you can give the patient to drink the contents of the ampoule without diluting it. The dose depends on the age of the patient. Adults are prescribed 1 ampoule every 2 to 3 days.
Recipes of traditional medicine
Apply Echinacea, not only in traditional medicine as a pharmacological drugs. It is possible to prepare means with it independently, using both a fresh plant, and dried. Traditional recipes are no less effective.
Echinacea in the treatment of burns, diseases of the stomach
Grind 50 grams of dry grass roots, place in a glass container, pour 200 grams of olive oil, leave for 30 days, then strain. Drink twice a day for 1 tbsp. spoon after a meal. Burns treated with oil infusion topically.
Echinacea from overwork
- peel and chop fresh root,
- completely pour alcohol
- remove the container in a dark, cool place for 14 days,
- after the time, strain and squeeze.
Alcohol extract drink 1 tsp. 3 times, drinking water, after 30 minutes, should be eating.
Treatment of Echinacea Cuts
A tablespoon of the root is filled with 150 - 200 ml of boiling water. Then put for 30 minutes in a water bath, cool. A cloth moistened with broth should be applied to the damaged skin every 3 to 4 hours.
Echinacea for flu, colds
Fresh flowers in the amount of 3 pieces, or 10 grams of the root or leaves poured 1.5 liters of boiling water. Cover tightly and insist half an hour. Take filtered infusion 200 ml per day to prevent the flu, in the initial stages - 3 cups a day.
1 spoonful of a mixture of all parts of Echinacea brew 500 ml of boiling water, leave for 10 - 15 minutes. Take with honey on the floor of the glass.
30 grams of a mixture of leaves and roots of the plant to combine with 20 grams of a train and 20 grams of chamomile. Herbs pour ½ liter of vodka. After 14 days, lotion can wipe the skin of the face.
Before self-preparation of infusions, decoctions, tea with echinacea, you need to know when and how you can use echinacea products.
When not to use Echinacea
Despite the fact that echinacea is practically harmless and helps in case of numerous pathologies, you should always consult a doctor for advice and prescribing the correct dose before starting treatment. Like many drugs, echinacea drugs have their limitations. Conditions in which taking Echinacea is contraindicated:
- mental disorders,
- malignant blood damage,
- tuberculosis in any form
- AIDS, HIV,
- multiple sclerosis,
- period of pregnancy, lactation.
Patients with diabetes should take echinacea with caution, because the plant is able to produce insulin.
Even if a person does not have any of the diseases listed above, individual hypersensitivity to components of the Echinacea plant can be observed. The symptoms of intolerance are: skin rash, severe itching, hypotension, swelling of the face, limbs, and heavy breathing.
Important! The course of treatment with echinacea is not recommended to start in hot weather. You can not take drugs on the basis of echinacea more than 2 - 3 weeks.
Reviews of preparations of echinacea
Opinions of patients on echinacea-based drugs are different, since the plant's effect on the body is individual.
Olga, 46 years old, Syzran. For many years she tried to cure bronchitis. Unsuccessfully spent an incredible amount on it. Recently, a friend advised me to start using Echinacea tincture. What was my joy, when after a while all the symptoms almost disappeared. After full recovery, I plan to take echinacea for prevention.
Svetlana, 35 years old, Magnitogorsk. The child suffered from flu year after year. The illness was hard and long. Tried pharmaceutical drugs, folk remedies, but it did not save from re-infection. On the Internet, read about echinacea. Decided to apply. Fortunately, the child is already 13 years old. It was possible to take without fear. The flu was surprisingly fast. A year later, the child was not sick at all.
Stanislav, 41 years old, Pskov. After the burn, an unhealed wound remained at work. Used different ointments, sprays. The wound continued to disturb, sometimes pus appeared. I had to go to the doctor. In addition to other drugs prescribed the drug with echinacea. After several applications began to notice a reduction in the surface of the burn, the inflammation disappeared on the eyes. I continue the course of treatment, I hope for complete healing.
Echinacea purpurea is famous for its unique composition. It contains all the trace elements necessary for the body. The plant is better than other means induces the defense system to self-regulation. Medicinal properties and contraindications of echinacea are taken into account in many medical areas.