Before starting treatment, it is necessary to make sure that the cause of the disease of the plant was precisely the spider mite.
Here are the main signs of the presence of this parasite:
- The plant is covered with cobwebs.
- Bright spots and spots are visible on the outside of the rose leaves.
- The leaves of the plant dry and fall off.
- Moving small points can be seen on the inside of the sheet. This is ticks.
Basic tips on pest control:
- First of all, affected the plant must be thoroughly washed with soapy water. This will significantly reduce the number of parasites.
- The plant is abundantly watered with cold water.
- The leaves of the rose are treated with a decoction of onion peel or dandelion (the procedure is carried out 1 time in 4-5 days).
- You can use diluted infusion of garlic. 170 gr. garlic, scrolled in a meat grinder, pour a liter of water, insist 5 days. The resulting infusion is diluted with water and sprayed with this solution the leaves of the plant.
- If the plant is highly contaminated, the use of chemicals to combat the mite (Actellic, Neoron) is recommended. These funds are quite toxic, therefore, using them, it is necessary to protect the hands, to ensure the flow of fresh air indoors. The advantage of these drugs is their effectiveness, it is enough to use the tool 1 - 2 times, and the problem of spider mites will be resolved.
The video below should help you cure your plants of this unpleasant disease, it will deal with general methods of controlling and preventing home roses, and Actellic will be considered as the main “weapon”.
It is known that it is much easier to prevent infection than to treat it later. That is why provide your plant proper care, and it will not cease to please you with its beautiful view.
My indoor rose began to fade. Buds as if plastered with fluff. I realized that something was wrong with the plant and I started looking for the cause on the Internet. I caught your article and I realized that this was probably my problem described. I washed all the leaves with soap and water and treated with garlic infusion. Hope to help.
Very good article, it is a pity that I have not met her before. According to the description, I realized that my rosette died from this harmful parasite. She made a “bathhouse” for roses, but it only helped for a while. Now, I will know how to deal with a pest. Thank!
This arachnid insect with the naked eye is difficult to see, since its growth does not exceed 1 millimeter. Just because it is red, you can still see it. But their light green larvae are completely invisible on green leaves.
Their main food is the juice of plants and no matter what kind of plant. If a spider mite starts on one, then in a short time all the indoor flowers in the room will be attacked by him, as he uses the web to move long distances.
Since the premises are often warm, the pest multiplies very quickly in such conditions, laying over hundreds of eggs at a time. Light green and very voracious larvae then hatch from them.
They are stuck to the leaf with a proboscis and almost all of the juice is drank from it. Black dots appear at the site of damage, after which the sheet begins to turn yellow and wilt.
If you do not just remember, then from all the lush indoor flowers in the room will be some branches, shrouded in cobwebs. If the parasite is found in the initial stage, then the top of the flower usually remains affected.
Moreover, if you reduce the temperature of the air in the room, the mite simply hibernates.
Causes of mite
They can appear on the premises in different ways:
- Due to its small size, it can easily be transported by wind through an open window onto a window sill, which is often filled with indoor flowers.
- Transferred to pet hair.
- It is brought together with the gift of a flower or purchased in a gardening shop.
- If the soil for planting collected from the street is not disinfected, then a tick may well be in it.
How to recognize a tick on roses
It can only be recognized after it has multiplied. Then the leaves are covered with small black dots - traces of proboscis of larvae. As the juice decreases, the leaves begin to turn pale, acquiring a yellow color. Then they roll up into tubes and dry completely.
Bush affected by the pest, then grows poorly, almost does not bloom, is slowly covered with numerous cobwebs, often sick, the leaves turn yellow, disappear in large quantities. Since insects are often carriers of numerous diseases, the bush begins to suffer from fungal diseases.
If a flower is strongly launched, it will be almost impossible to save it from this pest. Therefore, regularly check all indoor plants for insect pests.
Fight against spider mite
From this pest bush can be saved only in the initial stage. If it is in too neglected condition, then it is better to destroy the flower along with the ground, and to disinfect the pot. All indoor plants are carefully inspected and processed by any means as a preventive measure.
If it was possible to detect the parasite in the initial stage, then the following actions should be done:
- Cut off the affected leaves.
- Infected flower is carried away to another room where there is no greenery.
- Carefully wash the place where the rose stood.
- Rinse the entire flower under a stream of warm water, trying to wash off the parasites.
- In extreme cases, the leaves can be wiped with a sponge dipped in a weak alcohol solution.
- Only after that the whole shrub is treated with one of any chemical or folk remedies.
- Do not forget to scald the pan with boiling water with a pot.
- The flower after processing for several hours covered with a pot of plastic wrap.
- After some time, the rose is again treated for prophylactic purposes, but with a different recipe so that the effect of addiction does not arise.
Unfortunately, this parasite does not react to many means at all, so get ready for a long fight with it. And do not rush to transfer to the old place a pot with a bush, until you are sure that there is no pest.
First, use sparing means in the form of popular recipes. If they do not bring the desired result, then it is already necessary to process chemicals.
They should be used when the infection is only in the initial stage or when the rose is very young.
- Soap solution - In a container with water dissolve any soap from ordinary liquid to tar. The main thing is to have as much foam as possible. Then wipe each leaf by hand with a sponge soaked in soapy water. Only the soil in advance must be closed with plastic wrap. After a few hours, the whole of this solution is washed off the leaves with a usual wet sponge and immediately the rose is covered with plastic wrap. Leave it for a few hours. Parasites in conditions of high humidity should die completely.
- Garlic - 50 grams of grated garlic is diluted in a three-liter jar of boiling water, put in a dark and dry place for five days. Filter and carefully spray the whole bush.
- Onion Husk - Gather about 100 grams of husk, pour 5 liters of boiling water. Insist in a dark and dry place for about five days. Strain and spray the whole bush. This tool may not work with a strong defeat of the flower.
- Ammonia - In a ten-liter bucket is diluted with a standard 30 gram bottle of ammonia. Using a sponge or cotton pad soaked in it, each part of the damaged plant is treated. A small amount of this solution can be poured over the soil.
- Tobacco powder - 500 grams of tobacco powder is diluted in a bucket of liquid. Leave to insist on the day. After filtering every week they sprayed all the plants until the mites disappear completely.
- Yarrow - Cover the capacity of 1 kg of dry leaves of this grass, top up with boiling water. After four days, strain and process the roses every week.
- Dandelion - Before spraying in a two-liter can of warm water for about 6 hours, 40 grams of medicinal dandelion is drawn.
Although they act better than folk remedies, by no means all chemicals can kill pests the first time. Often, only adult insects are destroyed, and the larvae or eggs remain intact.
For some drugs, the tick quickly adapts, so they have to alternate. This is the only way to get rid of the spider insect forever. Only after each treatment, after two days, it is recommended to spray “Epin”, which will help the flower to grow further successfully.
- Phytoverm - Is one of the most effective biological products that will help in a short time to release all roses from sucking parasites. He equally copes with both adults and larvae. They are sprayed every week until a single parasite remains.
- Fufanol, Antiklesch - They cope well, but the parasites quickly get used to them, so they are used only once.
- Neoron - It kills not only adult insects, but also eggs, which not every drug can destroy. This tool is enough to process the rose twice at intervals of one month.
- Actellic - It is used only in the most neglected cases, or after, if no remedy could help. When working with him, you need to remove pets and small children from the room so that they do not poison them. Processing done on the balcony or with open windows. On the florist must be a protective mask, gloves and glasses. Even the parasite can adapt to such a strong substance, so it is used no more than twice a year. Although he usually copes with the first time.
It is easier to prevent the occurrence of this sucking pest than to get rid of it long and dreary. If the room is very warm and dry air, then the chance of a mite on plants increases greatly.
But he can not tolerate moisture, so all the plants in the room is recommended to regularly spray. But you should not overdo it with this procedure, as rotting may develop if it is too moist.
To prevent the pest from starting in a room, several preventive measures should be observed:
- During each watering or spraying to conduct a visual inspection of greenery for the presence of disease or insects.
- To increase the humidity in the room, you can use special humidifiers.
- In summer, indoor flowers are recommended to spray more often than usual.
- Every two months, rinse each flower under a warm shower.
- If you suddenly find a spider web on the leaves, you should not be frightened, suddenly it is the result of a usual harmless spider.
- During the fight against the spider pest, plants are not treated with phosphates.
- Before using the chemistry, everything is first washed with ordinary soapy water.
- After each treatment, the pot with the plant must be covered with plastic wrap for several hours, which will block the insects access to oxygen. This will accelerate their death.
What does the parasite look like?
Spider mites are small pests: only the largest specimens can reach 1 millimeter in length, their average indicator is half the size of this mark. In the larva stage, insects have a light green body color.
Adult individuals actively change their colors to bright red, while most often it is only possible to see this parasite in a magnifying glass. At the same time, ticks are not afraid of exposure to cold; they feel good in heat with high humidity. In these conditions, ticks are able to reproduce most actively.
Where do these spider parasites on house cultures come from?
Such parasites can enter the house in the following cases:
- Their weight is quite small, so they are under the action of the wind fall on the balcony or window sills of the lower floors with trees or shrubs growing near it.
- A common case of a pest entering the apartment is considered to be entering it in a house together with a home or garden plant purchased.
How does the parasite affect and affect the home rose?
For a start, it should be noted that both adult parasites and small larvae feed on cell sap from indoor leavesincluding room rose. With the help of its proboscis, the plant begins to pierce the leaf. At the site of the bite, puncture points, which can be clearly seen on the lumen, begin to actively develop.
The main symptoms of the impact of spider mites.
When ticks begin an active breeding process, they become much larger, punctures begin to form small spots. The leaves begin to lose their bright color and fade over time., acquiring a grayish or yellow shade. In the second stage of mite development affected areas of leaflets begin to curl up into tubes and eventually dry out and fall off.
After the moment the mite attacked the crop, the plant begins to weaken rapidly: it grows poorly, it does not speak of the development of lush buds and leaves, and the plant regularly develops diseases.
If a defeated plant acquires a mass form, then the leaves of the culture are painted in a white shade, and the entire area of the rose begins to be covered with cobwebs. Most ticks are located exactly on the tip of the leaves, as well as on the young shoots. If the culture is overly affected by a parasite, then there is almost a 100% chance that the plant will not tolerate this and will soon die.
Main effects of tick infection
- The cells of the plant begin to deform and collapse at an accelerated rate, the area that can make photosynthesis qualitatively decreases greatly, due to which the rose begins to become much weaker than before.
- The appearance of the rose is no longer as decorative and attractive as before. Colored before the process of infection with a bright green color, the petals begin to dry quickly and turn yellow, the buds shrink.
- Together with a tick on a rose, a disease can develop, for example, rot and a number of other diseases. The fact is that parasites are considered carriers of these diseases and actively infect them with a plant.
Ways to combat the parasite
- Removed the affected places, florist very carefully examines all the other plants that are in the room.
- Potted roses should be very thoroughly rinsed under a duct of warm water. Additionally, you can treat the plant with a weak alcohol solution. If only one crop suffers from a pest, then the plant should be removed from the rest and moved to a separate room.
- After the culture leaves have dried out noticeably, they should be treated with a chemical or other popular preparation. The plant tray should be scalded with boiling water, and the bud itself should be covered for a while with plastic wrap or a simple paper bag.
- All other home flowers should be treated with a specialized preparation, while the same should be done with window frames, window sills and glass.
- After one week, you should re-process the flower.
Description and characteristics of the parasite
Spider mites (Tetranychidae) are representatives of the suborder Prostigmata of the order of thrombidiform, herbivorous arthropods 0.2–1 mm in size. The bodies of adult individuals are solid, non-segmented, covered with regular transverse rows of needle-like, pinnate or leaf-shaped bristles that perform the function of touch.
A thin structured cuticle protecting the tick's body from damage may have a greenish-yellow, orange, red or bright scarlet shade. With repeated magnification on the dorsal side of his body, you can see dark spots - translucent internal organs. The species has a highly developed sexual dimorphism: males are much smaller than females, and their bodies have a more elongated shape.
The nymphs and adult ticks have four pairs of legs, while the larvae have only three. The legs are thin, ending with a complex claw adaptation, which allows them to cling to the leaves of plants. Mouth apparatus piercing-sucking type, presented in the form of a proboscis, adapted for piercing and subsequent sucking the juice. A spiderweb is located near the proboscis.
Salivary glands of pests secrete a special enzyme that destroys the chloroplasts of plant cells. Food preferences depend on the variety of insects: for example, polyphagous mites are completely unpretentious and can feed on any plant species, even conifers, oligophages - only individual species, and monophages - only the juice of a certain representative flora. Thus, the Turkestan mite is a broad polyphage, and the red one is an oligophage (by the way, it is the roses that usually suffer from it).
Pests live on all continents except Antarctica, but their fertility depends on many factors - for example, climate, season, females age, nutritional value of a particular plant.In tropical latitudes and greenhouse conditions, ticks reproduce continuously, and in temperate climates they actively produce offspring only in favorable conditions — in dry weather combined with temperatures above +25 ° C.
Signs of Rose Tick Infection
To take timely measures to combat spider mites on a rose, it is necessary to accurately determine the presence of a pest.
The fact is that preventive treatments with strong chemicals are not at all useful and are fraught with the emergence of resistance, and traditional methods of struggle will be ineffective in the later stages of infection.
That is why it is important to know the signs of the appearance of spider mites:
- the flower grows poorly, weakens and languishes, sheds leaves,
- new shoots and rose buds shrink,
- black dots and visible puncture marks appear on the leaves, in some places (usually from the bottom), thin webs are visible,
- the plant is constantly affected by fungal diseases,
- tiny moving black dots can be seen on the inner side of the leaves.
The most likely cause of infection is the omission in caring for the plant (especially in the case of house flowers). Healthy roses, which are regularly watered and fed in time, have high immunity to both diseases and pests. Of course, it is impossible to fully guarantee that you will never have to deal with the web on roses that receive all the benefits they need, but this probability is significantly reduced.
Methods of struggle
Getting rid of the tick is not an easy task, primarily because the majority of the popular acaricidal and insectoacaricidal drugs act only on active adults and are completely harmless to the eggs, from which new generations of pests appear.
In order for the remedies from spider mites on roses to take effect, you will need at least two or three treatments. In the fight against the parasite is usually used:
- Phytoverm is a biological preparation based on aversectin C, which has a high acaricidal, insecticidal and nematicidal activity. Acts on all varieties of herbivorous mites, Diptera, Coleoptera, Lepidoptera, and others. The latter cease to eat 6–16 hours after treatment and die 2–3 days after it. The maximum effect is observed at 5−7 days. The drug is photonestable, therefore, should be sprayed in the dark. For people it is moderately dangerous (class 3), it does not accumulate in fruits and vegetables.
- Actellic is an organophosphate insecticoacaricide with a broad spectrum of action. The main component of the drug (pyrimiphos-methyl) is used to protect against the complex of sheet-eating and sucking pests, including various types of mites. Hazard Class Two, low persistence on plants. Very toxic to aquatic organisms. The protective effect lasts for 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Aktophyte is a highly specific neurotoxin of biological origin (aversectin C), rapidly affecting the nervous system of pests and contributing to their death. Compatible with most fertilizers and growth regulators, with the exception of substances having an alkaline reaction. It does not cause resistance in parasites, is moderately dangerous for people, toxic to pollinating insects and inhabitants of water bodies. Treatments in rainy weather or at temperatures below 18 ° C significantly reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
- Fufanon - non-systemic insecticaroacaricide of organophosphate origin on the basis of malathion. It is used both in crop protection programs and for medical disinfection. It has a third hazard class for bees and mammals.
- Neoron - contact insectoacaricide, the main active ingredient of which is bromopropyl. It is very effective against red fruit mites and is considered the best acaricide for fighting four-legged mites on the vine. Temperature conditions and precipitation that fell after 2.5−3 hours after spraying, do not affect the properties of the drug. Hazard class - 3-4. Safe for bees, not phytotoxic, does not cause resistance. The duration of the protective action - from 10 days to one and a half months, depending on the type of culture.
Treatments with any of these preparations should be carried out in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. It is imperative that you follow standard precautions and the use of personal protective equipment. If you see any warning signs (nausea, vomiting, headache, general weakness), you should consult a doctor.
Folk remedies for the salvation of roses
If a spider-like pest appeared on room flowers and there is no possibility to treat with chemicals (for example, due to individual intolerance of the latter or out of fear for young children), you can try to save the plants with folk remedies. With minor lesions, such measures often help, although they will be useless against a large number of pests. Indoor roses can be processed using the following means:
- Soap solution. Crush a small piece of laundry soap on the grater and dilute with water so as to get maximum foam. The soap mixture is carefully applied to the leaves and stems of the flower with a soft sponge. You can also carefully spray the above-ground parts of the plant from a fine spray bottle, after covering the soil in the pot with a plastic bag - if the soap gets to the roots, the roses will quickly die.
- Garlic infusion. This method of dealing with mites on roses is considered one of the most effective. To get a useful substance, it is necessary to skip 170 g of garlic through a meat grinder, pour it with a liter of water and leave for 5 days. After that, the infusion is a little more diluted and sprayed them with a diseased plant.
- Medical alcohol. The substance is applied on a cotton pad and carefully wipe the leaves of the rose. You should not worry that the flower will get burns - pure alcohol evaporates quickly (by the way, that is why it cannot be replaced with vodka - it disappears much slower, therefore it can cause harm to the plant). Treatments are carried out in several stages to destroy all generations of pests.
- Onion Husk. One hundred grams of husk is poured with five liters of boiling water and infused for five days, then filtered and sprayed with infusion of an infected flower.
If the pests have settled on a rosebush in a small amount, then they are not very disturbed by the plant. However, at high temperatures, insects multiply rapidly and cause significant damage to the crop:
- The plant will cease to strengthen the root system, quickly depleted.
- On the leaves black dots appear, and after a while they completely turn yellow and fall off.
Often colonies of spider mites are located not only on the foliage of the room rose. They can be found on the buds and stems. If time does not begin to fight the parasite, then you can lose a large number of bushes.
How to get rid of spider mites at home
To cure a room rose from the parasite, you can use chemicals or folk recipes. The choice of the parasite control method depends on the degree of damage to the plant. The earlier the pest is detected, the easier it will be to get rid of the parasite.
The use of special drugs
To combat the large number of parasites used acaricides:
- Specific acaricides. These tools have a different composition and effectively fight only with spider mites.
- Insectoacaricides. These funds also destroy other pests.
Common chemical agents are listed in the table.
In addition, subsequent preparations are effectively used:
You can handle indoor rose bushes in the following ways:
- With help spray bottle process the plant.
- Wash the plantmoistened with a cotton swab solution.
Using folk methods
In some situations, you can recover from a dangerous pest on rose bushes with the help of folk recipes:
- Infusion of garlic. Chop 0.5 kg of garlic and mix it with 3 liters of water. Put in heat to infuse for 5 days. At the end of the term, the medium is filtered and diluted with water in proportions of 60 ml of infusion per 10 liters of water. In the resulting solution, add 50 g of soap. This means to spray a plant, and also soil.
- Soap solution. Grind soap and dilute it in water until foaming. The resulting tool to process the stems and leaves of the bush.
- Infusion henbane black. 1 kg of dry raw materials chop and pour 10 liters of water. Leave for 12 hours warm. After the expiration date, filter and add 40 g of soap. The resulting tool to handle rose bushes.
You can wipe the leaves with drugs containing alcohol or vodka.
A spider mite on a room rose is a rather unpleasant phenomenon. However, this parasite can be combated. Adhering to the recommendations you can protect your roses from infection and enjoy the look and aroma of their favorites.
What is worth treating the plant?
The main difficulty during breeding a tick from a plant is that In almost every case, the parasite does not respond to most of the means, both chemical and folk. In addition, he is able to adapt to them with ease. In this regard, the use of only one tool can not give any effect. You should use several drops of the agent at once and combine them with the use of the second treatment drug.
As mentioned earlier, this is an arthropod, so in order to get rid of it, it is worth resorting to the use of insecticides, acaricides and other similar drugs.
To date, there are a large number of substances on sale that are able to fight with a leader who is actively attacking a home rose. But at the same time, not all of them are able to bring a high effect: they help only for a certain period of time, and then the parasite appears again, or it does not eliminate the parasite at all.
The best chemicals to combat the parasite.
- It is considered one of the highest-quality as well as effective drugs that can relieve the parasite of a rose in a short time, forever. Fitoderm. In fact, this tool is distinguished by its biological composition, in addition, it helps to cope with both adults and their larvae. For the most effective effects take the ampoule of a substance, the volume of which is equal to two ml, and then dissolved in a single glass of pure water. This means it is worth treating the affected flower, as well as the rest of the cultures that grew next to the affected plant. After 5–8 days, it is worth processing this tool again.
- Can be treated with a plant using the drug Appin, to support and accelerate the process of drug exposure, a couple of days after each spraying.
- Another not less quality drug can be called Neoronwhich is also able to cope with adult mites, as well as eliminate its embryos in the form of larvae and eggs, therefore, enough for the florist to make two treatments of the plant, in the intervals between treatments there should be a month.
- If the tick has already managed to adapt to such a tool or a large number of plants in the house have already suffered from it, then it is worthwhile to apply more effective means. Actellicin which the main part is devoted to a special substance pyrimiphos - methyl. Most often it is used in agricultural areas, but also for domestic plants, it will also bring some benefit and cure ailment. During the use of this drug should be remembered that it is considered strong, besides it can adversely affect the health of people and animals in the room. That is why all procedures with this substance should be carried out in open space, as well as in a special mask and gloves. So that the insects do not even have time to get used to such a fairly strong preparation, it is worthwhile to fertilize the plants with them no more than two times. Most often this is enough to eliminate all the parasites on the plant.
Folk drugs to combat tick
A large number of popular recipes for the fight against the parasite can also effectively cope with it, despite the fact that their price is not as high as that of specially developed flower remedies.
They show themselves from the best side, if the tick has not yet had time to carry out the process of its reproduction, in other words, early on hitting a flower.
Also, folk flower treatment methods will be most useful at that time. when the houseplant is still very young, as a result, his shoots, which are very gentle and sensitive to other chemicals, will be able to comfortably go through the treatment period.
The main folk drugs from spider mites
- Lovers of indoor cultures should apply simple tar or laundry soap. In a pinch, you can use dishwashing detergent. A weak solution of soap is diluted, a soft cloth is moistened in it, and then the surface of the leaves of the plant is wiped. It would be best if the solution forms a lot of foam. It should be wetted a few hours after application, after the culture should be immediately covered with plastic wrap. Under it will begin to create a very high humidity, which is considered detrimental to the spider mite. Within one day, all pests will die completely. In addition, with the help of soap solution you can effectively treat all the land in the territory of the pot. But in this case it is worth being as careful as possible: you should not allow the soap solution to get on the rhizomes of the culture.
- Can apply garlic. To do this, take one medium head of garlic, peel off the extra peel, and then grind it until it becomes a gruel. After putting it in a jar or other container and pour 500 ml of boiling water. After the solution should be tightly covered with a lid and placed in a place that will be hidden from the sun for five days. The tincture should then be carefully filtered, combined with water in equal proportions and spray the affected areas of the plant and other cultures in the house.
- Onions are also considered to be quite effective in controlling spider mites. To prepare the solution is to collect about one hundred grams of onion peel, which you need to pour five liters of boiling water, and then make tincture for five days. After that, the mixture should be filtered, and the infusion should be sprayed on all affected areas of the rose. This tool will be very effective with a small number of parasites on the plant.
Description of the parasite and the causes of
Spider mites belong to the class of arthropods and irritate the flowers quite often. They are able to quickly move to the neighboring plants, where they arrange new colonies that multiply at high speed. The difficulty of detecting such microscopic insects is the main reason that the problem becomes noticeable only when the stem, leaves and flowers are strongly affected.
The size of the tick is 0.2-0.5 mm, the body is oval and covered with hairs, colored red or brown (see photo of a spider mite on roses). You can see such a creature only under a microscope. They live everywhere: on the stem, leaves, shoots, inflorescences. The pest's diet consists of vegetable juices, which they suck from all parts of the flower. Females are able to reproduce very quickly, laying eggs, from which in a couple of days young gluttonous green larvae appear.
At room planting, they can get through the windows or from the soil when buying decorative flowers in the store.
On decorative flowers, including and roses, spider mites settle when favorable conditions arise. They prefer dry and warm microclimate, but they cannot stand high humidity. In the absence of frequent watering, with dried soil in the garden or in indoor conditions, the risk of invasion and transition between plants increases dramatically, which can be disastrous for delicate roses.
How to deal with spider mite on roses
Treatment should begin only after it is known that the spider mite is the pest. To do this, you need to inspect the plant for the presence of spots and bright spots on the outside of the leaves. Also, upon careful consideration, you can see small moving dots on the inside, which are ticks.
Methods of combating parasites should be carried out in an integrated manner, using both traditional methods and chemical preparations.
Folk methods of saving roses
Flower Rescue Tips:
- badly damaged parts should be removed immediately
- then it is necessary to wash the indoor rose with a soap from a spider mite, which will significantly free it from a large number of parasites,
- then the soil should be poured abundantly with water, and the leaves should be allowed to dry, then proceed to the next stage of salvation.
With a small lesion, folk remedies and recipes will help, which should be processed every 5-7 days:
- приготовить отвар луковой шелухи или одуванчика и тщательно опрыскать розу, процедуру нужно повторять несколько раз,
- для обработки рекомендуется применять настой чеснока: 170 г размельченной или перемолотой в мясорубке массы залить 1 л воды, выдержать 5 дней, перед опрыскиванием раствор разбавляют водой,
- To help cure the rose, the infusion of tobacco, which is prepared from 50 g of dry powder or leaves per 1 liter of water, will help to infuse for 1 day, then strain and dilute by half,
- decoction of chopped potato or tomato tops is made from 400 g of the mass per 1 liter of boiling water, boil well and filter, before spraying dilute half with water.
When carrying out all the procedures at home, it is best to take the diseased rose to a separate room so that the parasites cannot move to the neighboring plants. After treatment and treatment, wash the pot and rinse with boiling water, and cover the flower with a paper or polyethylene bag for a while.
Bio and chemical preparations for tick control
With a strong defeat of a flower, it is possible to get rid of a spider mite on a rose only with the help of chemical agents. Acaricidal preparations are used exclusively for treatment, since insecticides do not act on arthropods.
Biological agents from spider mites on roses:
- Phytoverm is a biological product that allows you to destroy adult ticks and their larvae. To process 1 ampoule per 2 ml it is necessary to dissolve it in 250 ml of water, then spray the diseased plant and all the flowers that are in the neighborhood. Processing must be repeated every 5-8 days.
- Bicol, Bitobaxibacil, Aktofit - similar biological agents that contain bacteria that are harmless to humans, but dangerous to ticks.
- After 2-3 days to maintain health and accelerate flower growth, it is recommended to use Epin stimulator.
When treating a diseased flower by any means, it is necessary to ensure that the solution must fall on the underside of the leaves and on the ground.
In case of severe lesions, it is better to treat the rose from spider mites with chemical acaricides:
- Antiklesch, Fufanol - have a contact effect on pests, however, have high resistance (addiction), so they can not be used twice.
- Actellic - the most powerful drug that destroys parasites at all stages of development, contains pyrimophos-methyl: its use should take into account the high toxicity, because the treatment should be carried out in fresh air, using protective equipment for the eyes, respiratory system and skin. Use no more than 2 times with an interval of 7-10 days.
- Neoron, Aktellik, Akarin, Apollo, Karate, and others - likewise actively act on the spider mite and help save the rose from its invasion.
The advantage of using chemical agents is their ease of use and high efficiency of action, in which practically pests are destroyed at all stages: eggs, larvae and adults. The disadvantages include the high toxicity of such drugs for people and pets.
All chemical and folk remedies are recommended to be used throughout the vegetative season, periodically alternating between them.
Red spider mite - this name usually denotes the most common species of phytophagous animals that affect indoor flowers. The following varieties of arachnids are well known to flower growers:
- Tetranychus turkestani - strawberry pests,
- Tetranychus pacificus - Pacific arthropods,
- Tetranychus urticae are common individuals.
They are rather small soft-bodied animal organisms, the largest specimen is a mature female, having an ellipsoid little body 1 mm long, covered with numerous bristles. At the head end of the body, two red eye spots are clearly visible.
It looks like a spider mite - phytophage
The body of the larvae is transparent, light green or greenish-brown in color, on each side there is a large dark spot formed by a transparent blind bag of the midgut. In hibernating females, the body acquires a brick-orange or bright red hue, maintaining an intense color throughout the autumn-winter period until the onset of heat. At the larval stage, six pairs of limbs have arachnids, mature individuals are already eight.
Development cycle, behavior features
Herbivorous mites on roses form colonies of different density, the number of one settlement can reach several hundred individuals. In indoor plants, they prefer the lower side of the leaves, young shoots, buds, buds. Having settled on them, they begin to feed hard. Temperature and humidity levels determine the duration of the life cycle, in room conditions one generation can develop 12-20 days.
Different stages of arthropod development
A temperature of 27 ° C in combination with low relative humidity of the air will be optimal conditions for life and reproduction. In 3-4 weeks the females manage to make a lot of egg laying. Maturing time is only 3 days, parasite eggs are remarkable for their remarkable vitality: they are able to remain viable for a five year period. The most suitable places for this are soil, inside / on / near flower vases, window sill slots, window frames. Therefore, the appearance of spider mites on a rose becomes a reason to be patient and get ready for a long-lasting pest control.
When the care quality, indoor plants do not get sick. Although pests or infections can be brought in with a new specimen for a home greenhouse, cuttings, a substrate, while staying outdoors.
Preventive measures include:
- Mandatory temporary isolation of new colors. The duration of quarantine is at least a week. In the absence of signs of phytophages, the plants are returned to the company of other flowers.
- Obligatory disinfection with a solution of household soap after staying home roses in the conditions of outdoor open air space (balcony, cottage area).
Washing every flower and pot is a mandatory preventive measure after being outside
- Systematic sanitization of window sills, pots, pallets, stands for plants. A thorough visual inspection of each green pet will ensure early detection of signs of infection or pests.
- Regular disinfection of soil, drainage fillers with potassium permanganate solution, in addition to its disinfecting properties, potassium permanganate is a good fertilizer, which has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the colors.
- Excessive crowding of flowers contributes to the development of diseases, with the defeat of one of them by pests - a mass epidemic.
Comfortable living conditions for each plant - the guarantee of health of all instances of the home collection.
For example, most members of the Rosaceae family are capricious in terms of lighting. The lack of a sufficient amount of sunlight can provoke a halt in development, respectively, they “refuse” to bloom. Roses love fresh air, so the onset of warm days should be a reason to keep windows open more often, although it is also undesirable to arrange drafts.
A spider mite on a rose can be the result of a combination of the following factors:
- irregular light, temperature conditions,
- too dry air
- irrigation deficit / over-irrigation,
- lack of nutrition / oversaturation of soil with fertilizers,
- wrong soil composition.
Having figured out what preventive measures will help reduce the risk of occurrence of phytophages to a possible minimum, consider how to get rid of the spider mite on members of the pink family.
VIDEO: How to properly care for the rose
Safe methods of struggle
The use of pesticides is an extreme measure, since the toxic active ingredients of their composition are a health hazard. The sooner you find out the causes of the infection, the greater the chances of keeping green pets alive.
Safe ways to combat herbivorous parasites on Rosaceae:
- mandatory quarantine
- removal of heavily damaged leaves (excessive thinning of the crown can cause premature death),
- plentiful watering with cold water spray:
- treatment with soap and water, it is advisable not to flush the leaves off,
- improving conditions of detention.
A low concentration of mites on the room rose is a reason to resort to the help of folk methods of exterminating arthropods with plant insecticides.
Powders and tinctures prepared by hand from natural ingredients eliminate the danger to human and animal health.
Due to the presence of active ingredients of plant origin, insecticidal agents can be toxic only with direct processing. They are also characterized by a high decay rate under the action of air and moisture.
You can start the fight with natural compounds (pyremetrin, chamomile, etc.)
Extracts of chamomile, dope, garlic, onion, yarrow, marigold are prepared from insecticide plants, with the obligatory addition of a solution of tar / laundry soap, which helps the final product to stick to the leaves of the plants. The frequency of processing - every five days.
The room rose from spider mites can be dusted with ashes, tobacco dust, sprayed with soapy water with the addition of ash.
VIDEO: How to deal with phytophage
Use of insectoacaricides
With a strong defeat will have to use chemicals. When choosing a drug, it is necessary to study the attached instructions in advance, where the types of pests will be listed, the extermination of which guarantees the action of the active ingredient. For example, the spider mite is not at all afraid of antifungal agents, therefore, no matter how many plants are sprayed with such a composition, the result will be zero.
Another prerequisite for treatment is strict adherence to the recommended doses prescribed by the instructions. Many drugs are toxic, in the presence of children or pets, this point should also be taken into account.
Well proven drugs acaricidal action:
- Actellic is a universal broad spectrum insecticidal agent. The active ingredient - perimiphos methyl, effectively destroys phytophages, fights aphids, caterpillars, beetles.
- NEORON - acaricidal drug of contact action, destroying pests at all stages of development. The active ingredient, bromprotylate, quickly reduces parasite populations.
- Phytoverm is a biological pesticide agent that has a targeted contact-intestinal action, protecting ornamental plants from various types of pests, including ticks. The active ingredient is aversectin.
- Vertimec is a highly effective insectacaricidal biological composition, of intestinal contact action, practically harmless to the entomofauna. Universally provides protection to any indoor flowers and plants in open ground.
When using chemicals it is necessary to use personal protective equipment, to exclude the stay at this time in the apartment of animals and children.
It is forbidden to expose the treated plant to direct sunlight, you should wait until it is completely dry so as not to burn the leaves. The treatment is carried out after 17-00 or before 5-00 so that the solution has time to dry.
Biotechnology: protection of cultivated plants
The known biological "weapon of mass destruction" of spider mites are animal organisms-entomophages, that is, arthropods-predators. The existing varieties of these creatures are in the free sale of specialized retail chains or greenhouses, and each species hunts phytophages in its own way:
It is an effective exterminator of sexually mature individuals, the intermediate stages of the nymphs, the deutonymph and the protonym, and some of the larvae and eggs of the entomophage prudently leave to feed their own offspring.
Phytoseiulus eats spider mite
Because of its narrow specialization - the destruction of exclusively spider mites, the absence of the usual diet leads to death.
Protector of vineyards from phytophages.
- Neo-Seiulus Californicus (formerly Amblyseius)
Prefers eggs, larvae of spider pests. Prone to cannibalism of its own kind, does not fall into anabiosis.
Unsurpassed thrips fighter.
Predatory Mite Amblyseius MacKenzie
So, a rose, like any ornamental plant, can be saved from the attacks of a spider mite. A large assortment of protective equipment allows you to do this quickly and without harm to plants.
No matter how effective modern chemicals are, they should be resorted to only when absolutely necessary, and for the rest of the time it is better to limit yourself to pest prevention and quality care.
VIDEO: How bioagents work in the fight against phytophages