The success of the harvest of cucumbers depends in particular on the choice of seed. A wide range on the shelves confuses more thoughts than it allows you to make the right decision. Beginner gardeners are encouraged to first familiarize themselves with the varieties, their names, cultivation and care features.
Depending on the climatic conditions, different varieties can be planted in Ukraine, Belarus, the Black Earth, Bashkiria and the middle lane - these can be parthenocarpic, early ripening, with a long ripening period or tasty cucumbers for growing in a greenhouse. More information is structured in the article in the form of a peculiar list-rating.
Variety of cucumbers
A large number of varieties allows you to choose the best options that have resistance to disease and weather conditions the region where it is planned to grow greens.
Domestic and foreign breeders have developed many hybrids with no less affordable agricultural equipment and excellent taste, than the beloved cucumbers.
Specialists among the top tips for growing vegetables point to the need to plant several varieties at once. This makes it possible to assess the yield of different species under the same ripening conditions, to get at least some crop during drought or prolonged rains.
Collect the necessary and useful information about the varietal diversity, the characteristics of the characteristics of greens can be found below.
The best self-pollinating for open ground
- Balagan - The aging period is only 40 days. In length, green stuff reaches 9 cm. One bush yields up to 3.5 kg. Strong plant immunity resists various diseases (olive spot, mosaic, powdery mildew).
- Courage - The harvest of the Kurazh variety begins at 40-47 days after punching sprouts from the soil. The weight of one cucumber reaches 170–180 g., Up to 10 Zelentsi is formed on one shoot. The plant practically does not suffer from rot, powdery mildew.
- Connie - fruit harvesting begins on the 50th day after seeding. The culture is universal and according to the method of cultivation and the use of cucumbers. The length of green leaves is 10 cm, the yield from 1 m2 is about 9 kg.
- Berendey - fruits (12-15 cm) ripen on day 42 after the appearance of sprouts. From one bush you can harvest up to 3.5 kg. Zelentsy have excellent characteristics, are distinguished by a long shelf life.
- Gerda - 10 cm long fruits appear 1.5 months after sowing. 2.8-3 kg are removed from the bush. The plant rarely affects the disease, especially resistance to fungal infections.
Best early ripe cucumbers
Varieties of early ripening have a feature that every gardener should be familiar with.
- April - from the moment of planting, the April fruits ripen on day 50, reaching a length of 20-22 cm. The plant itself regulates the growth of shoots, so the need for cutting drops. Productivity from 1 m2 on average 22 kg. Cucumbers do not overspeed, if you skip the assembly period. Culture is resistant to almost all diseases, with the exception of root rot.
- Hermann - gives shoots at 39-41 day after the emergence of sprouts. The length of Herman’s greengrass reaches 10 cm, and a crop of 23–26 kg is harvested per m2. The hybrid is characterized by a long fruiting period, self-pollination and immunity to fungi.
- Orlik - begins to bear fruit at 47-50 days after sowing. The length of the greens reaches 14-16 cm, in diameter 3.5-4 cm. 6-8 kg are removed from the bush. The culture has strong immunity, resists to powdery mildew, root rot, olive spot and TMV.
- Valdai - The bush begins to bear fruit on the 45th day after the sprout appears. Flowers are formed mostly female, therefore pollinating by bees is required. The length of the greens is about 10-11 cm, up to 4.5 kg of crop is removed from the bush. The hybrid is designed for preservation, but due to its delicate taste, it is also used for salad.
Varieties with an average maturity begin to bear fruit on the 45-55 day after sowing grains in the soil. All plants of this group differ in the method of cultivation (greenhouse, soil), purpose (fresh or for salting) and type of pollination.
- Competitor - it is characterized as a viable and disease-resistant plant. The length of the greens reaches 9-12 cm with an average weight of 100 grams. Up to 3.8 kg of crop is removed from each m2. The variety has good immunity, shows resistance to powdery mildew.
- Nezhinsky - a variety pollinated by bees, characterized by a powerful stem, fruits of medium size (length 10-12 cm, weight 90 g.) And high yield (8 kg per 1 m2). Nezhinsky tolerates low temperatures, is resistant to many diseases. Cucumbers have high taste qualities.
- Libella - a universal hybrid with a long period of fruiting. With proper care, you can harvest until the cold. The length of the green leaves Libela reaches 14 cm, weight - 140 grams. From a square meter removed up to 10-12 kg. When salting the flesh is kept crispy and elastic. In agrotechnology there are rare cases of culture damage by common diseases.
- Table - has a wonderful taste without bitterness, ideal for salting. The bush is formed long with a strong lash, the length of the fruit reaches 12 cm and weighs 80-90 grams. Productivity from 1 m2 about 8 kg.
Therefore, the acquired material before planting is check for germination. Also, when choosing varieties of this group, it is necessary to take into account the climate of the region and the ripening period of greengrass in order to have time to harvest most of the crop before the onset of cold weather.
- Phoenix - The harvest period begins 64 days after seed germination. Cucumbers reach a length of 16 cm, the average weight is 230 grams. Phoenix shrubs form a branchy whip, which is well resists weather whims.
- Winner - it is distinguished by long spreading lashes that easily tolerate drought, coolness. The plant is resistant to fungi of different types. The length of the fruit reaches 14 cm with an average weight of 110 grams. The yield from 1 m2 is 7-8 kg.
- Solar - The variety belongs to the middle-ripening, but most gardeners plant it as late. The bush produces many branches, forming a massive whip, which implies planting on a large plot. Peel greens covered with a few tubercles and greenish stripes. The length of cucumber reaches 12 cm with an average weight of 140 grams.
- Brownie - The harvest period begins on the 65th day after germination. The length of the cucumbers is small (9 cm), but the taste is good. Culture has good immunity, showing resistance to almost all common diseases. Productivity - 6-8 kg per 1 m2.
- Chinese - Disease-resistant variety with a mild taste and lack of bitterness. The peculiarity of the Chinese cucumber fruit is a small shelf life after harvest. Original elongated cucumbers (30-35 cm) look like snakes. The plant tolerates low temperatures and poor light.
What are the most high-yielding for greenhouses
Without exception, gardeners are attracted to high-yielding varieties. In your greenhouse you can try to grow the most popular ones.
- Parisian Gherkin - fruits ripen in 50-60 days after seeding. The length of parsley green variety is 12 cm with an average weight of 85 grams. A large number of ovaries are formed on the whip, which guarantees a high yield - over 30 kg per 1 m2. Low seed germination provides planting beds through seedlings.
- Rodnichok - A popular cucumber among gardeners of our country. Grown in almost every plot. Dimensions of Greenberry Rodnichka reach 22-24 cm with an average weight of 150 grams. Over 10 kg are removed from the bush. In terms of taste and agrotechnical rules, the variety remains competitive before the best European developments of breeders.
- Zozulya - The harvest period begins on the 45th day after the germination. The formation of the scourge is carried out in such a way that the bush does not need pruning. Zelentsy in length reach 24 cm with an average weight of 280-300 grams. With a square meter you can collect up to 30 kg of cucumber Zozulya. The plant is practically not sick with olive blotch and cucumber mosaic.
For outdoor planting
- Suzanne - a universal culture that can be grown not only in the open field, but in the greenhouse and even on the balcony. The length of the whip reaches 3-4 m, forming a large number of ovaries. Tear off the fruit 3-4 centimeters or wait until they become larger, it has no effect on taste. Suzanne has good resistance to diseases and pests.
- Sparta - the hybrid is pollinated with stable fruiting. The length of green leaves is 6-12 cm, the taste is pleasant without bitterness. Culture has a strong immune system, especially to powdery mildew and fungi. The yield from the bush is 2.8-3.1 kg.
- Pickles - the period of fructification begins on the 55th day after the emergence of the shoots The length of green leaves 9-11 cm with an average weight of 100-110 grams. More than 4 kg are removed from one bush. Pickle has a delicate flavor with a sweetish note, without bitterness.
- Pinocchio - self-pollinating hybrid, which begins to ripen on the 48th day after germination. The length of the greens is about 8-9 cm with a weight of 85 grams. The yield from the bush is 3.4 kg.
- Burly - according to the speed of ripening, a cucumber is considered a sprinter, only 38 days after the emergence of sprouts. Zelentsa is about 9 cm long and weighs 80 grams. The period of fruiting is transient, all the ovaries are amicably formed and mature. Adverse weather on the growing season does not have a negative impact.
For cultivation in Siberia
Growing cucumbers in a harsh climate has its own characteristics. It is better to plant cucumbers in Siberia in polycarbonate greenhouses or to choose fruitful early-growing varieties.
- Altaic - differs in the short period of ripening, crops begin to collect 36-40 days after seed germination. The length of greens 9-12 cm with a weight of 100 grams. The plant is cold-resistant, easily tolerates the vagaries of weather. Fruits after harvesting for a long time retain their presentation and taste.
- Serpentine - Cornish type cucumber, ripens in 39-42 days after germination. The period of fruiting is characterized by intensity, already in the first 10 days most of the crop is harvested - over 1.7 kg per 1 m2. Serpentine is known for its taste, in which there is no bitterness.
- Shrub - a compact plant that needs pollination. The length of the greens reaches 8 cm with a weight of 90 g. Productivity is stable with proper care (3 kg per bush). The peculiarity of the variety is endurance and strong immunity. Cucumbers have a universal purpose.
Each variety of cucumbers has a set of impressive advantages. The main thing when choosing to take into account the climatic features of the region and their compliance with the characteristics of the varieties they like. Then the main stage of the bookmark of the future harvest will be executed correctly.
The best crop varieties with photos and descriptions
For a start, all varieties can be divided into those intended for indoor (greenhouse) and open ground (soil).
Ground cucumbers are more resistant to weather conditions, but require pollination by insects. Greenhouse plants are more often self-pollinated.
In addition, all varieties are divided by purpose of the fruit - suitable only for salads and suitable for canning.
Another division into varieties and hybrids. Varieties are created in the traditional way - perefilleniya and sometimes vaccination. The fruits grown on such plants are suitable for collecting seeds of the resulting variety. Hybrids, to distinguish them from varieties, are designated F1, are obtained by more complex pollination, but the fruits grown from these seeds do not contain seeds from which the same plants will grow.
When a gardener sows cucumber seeds in the soil, he knows exactly how he will use the collected fruit. This determines the selected varieties. If the pickled cucumbers are cut into a salad, then the varieties opt for early ripening, salad assignments.
Open ground cucumber varieties
For early salads grown varieties and hybrids such as "StellaF1", "Elegant", "Altai", "Cascade". For conservation in the open ground planted other varieties.
Early maturity is not necessary for them; in this case, harmonious ripening of fruits, small size and flesh, preserving the density during heat treatment, are much more important.
The hybrids “Evita”, “Matilda”, “Naf-fanto”, “Regia”, “Delicacy”, “Leandro” performed well in this quality.
All these varieties are high-yielding, genetically free of bitterness, and immune to most diseases. Here are more fruitful hybrids that are recommended for open ground:
Universal in all senses grade. The state registry recommends its open ground and closed. The hybrid starts to set fruit early, it is used both for salads, and for preservation.
A plant with unlimited growth, but not very tall, slaboplatistoe. Among the flowers are dominated by women.
Flowering and fruiting bouquets. In each node 2-6 flowers bloom The ovary is short, elongated, covered with small tubercles. Harvested Zelentsy, when their weight reaches 90-110 g. Tasty. In the open ground with 1 m2 collect 5-7 kg. Weakly susceptible to infectious diseases.
Cucumber Variety Bouquet
Fruits from 44 days after germination, self-pollinated variety. Salad destination, but suitable for the preparation for the future.
Cucumbers short, the correct form. Very tasty. Harvest can reach up to 15 kg per m2. Complex resistant to diseases.
Variety of cucumbers Buyan
All the envy of F1
Early ripe, gherkin hybrid. High yields in open field and temporary greenhouses. Comprehensively resistant to disease and bad weather. High yields ripen in all conditions and when there is a lack of light.
Fruiting continues until frost. Each node forms more than 3 ovaries. Fruits - 9-12cm, covered with white spikes, dense, crispy, with excellent pickling qualities. Immune to many diseases and rot.
Variety of cucumbers All the envy
Rosreestr recommends this hybrid for growing in any conditions - in greenhouses, under temporary shelter, in the open air. Early, versatile, good in salads, and in conservation.
The cylindrical shape is green, dark green, weakly spotted, ribbed. Pulp of average density.
Genetic absence of bitterness. Gather cucumbers for 70-90 g. Yields up to 9 kg with 1m2. Very tasty and fresh and canned. Immune to pumpkin diseases.
Variety of cucumbers Herman
- When wetted with water, clay soil is easy to roll into the cord, it does not crack when twisting.
- Loam can be rolled into a cord when wet, but twisting will not work out anymore, it will break.
- Sandy soils can be easily rubbed between the fingers. When moistened in the cord do not roll, only in the ball.
- From the moistened sandy soil in general do not blind anything. Neither the cord nor the ball. Will crumble.
Sandy or easily loamy soils are good for cucumbers.
If there is no litmus indicator paper to determine the acidity of the soil, the simplest determination can be made by the reaction of the soil to vinegar. Put some earth on glass and pour vinegar on it. A strong foam will tell about alkaline soils, the average formation of foam - the soil is neutral, there is no foam - the soil is acidic.
For cucumbers, sandy or easily loamy soils with neutral acidity are good. If necessary, you can change the composition of the soil by adding peat or sand, and you can change the acidity using chalk or dolomite flour.
Cucumber requires fertilized land with manure
Cucumber requires fertilized land, so in the fall add 9-10 kilograms of manure per square meter of soil. In the spring, it is better to bring in half-manure. In the autumn you can make, in the absence of manure, superphosphate. Per square meter 40-50 grams. Ammonium nitrate may be applied in the spring - 10-20 grams per square meter. Not bad and add wood ash 20-25 grams.
The best predecessor in the soil for cucumbers will be cabbage, onions, tomatoes, potatoes of early varieties.
Seed preparation is best to start with soaking and germination.
Seed preparation is best to start with soaking and germination. At the same time, weeding out substandard, not germinated seeds will immediately occur. You can germinate on cotton, filter paper, in sawdust. For germination takes warm water. You can use the solution with the addition of growth promoters, such as Gumistar or Shining-2. Prepare the solution according to the instructions on the stimulator package.
Sprouted seeds should be planted in separate containers or peat pots with a volume of 350-400 ml in order not to damage the roots of sprouted cucumbers during transplantation. Germination of cucumber seeds lasts up to 5-6 years.
Sprouted seeds planted in separate containers
Landing in open ground
In conditions of central Russia, seedlings of cucumbers are planted in open ground during the second decade of May. You can land in 2-3 terms, making the gap between the plantings in 7-10 days. So we will extend the time of aging and the collection of fresh cucumbers. Cucumbers are always planted in the recess (hole). The hole will provide better access to water and will be able to add soil to the roots of the plant. Подсыпка земли приведет к увеличению корневого кома, как следствие продлится период плодоношения и увеличит урожайность.
Высаживают огурцы во второй декаде мая
Огурцы довольно отзывчивы к следующим условиям:
- Внесение органических удобрений.
- Регулярное рыхление верхнего слоя почвы.
- Температура грунта. Do not plant seedlings at soil temperatures below 14-16 degrees C.
- Do not allow drying and excessive moisture of the soil. When dried, the plant will die, with an excess of moisture possible rotting of the roots.
In the excavated shallow trench to make a well-rotted compost or humus. Sprinkle with a layer of earth about a centimeter and seedlings are transferred to the well made. Seedlings well watered to prevent damage to the root when transferring or land with a peat pot, when germinated in it. Deepen 1-1.5 centimeters below ground level. The best option is to fit on the ridge in 2 rows. The distance between plants is 20-25 centimeters, between the rows of half a meter. For shelter from possible temperature drops, a film cover is necessary. Cucumbers planted in open ground can be left without shelter from June 5-8.
A radish planted on the edge of the ridge will protect the cucumber from spider mites. The neighborhood of cucumber with garlic, cabbage, dill, radish, beans showed good results.
Terms of ripening
In terms of ripening varieties and cucumber hybrids share:
- ultra-fast - aging time up to 45 days,
- early maturing - ripening time 45-50 days,
- mid-ripening - aging time 50-55 days,
- late ripening - ripening period over 55 days.
Divide and destination cucumbers for pickling, salad and varieties of universal purpose. For cultivation in the open ground most suitable cucumbers for early and middle ripening periods. Do not stop the work of breeders. Varieties of various ripening terms are derived. Below are the most well-known and tested cucumber varieties. Almost all cucumbers that do not need bees are hybrids. Therefore, the annual purchase of seeds will be necessary.
- 1. Listen to the article (soon)
- 2. Characteristics of varieties
- 3. Varieties of cucumbers for open ground
- 3.1. Early
- 3.2. Average
- 3.3. Late
- 3.4. The best
- 4. Self-guided
- 5. Sheaves
- 6. The most fruitful
- 7. Resistant
- 8. Spray
- 9. Varieties for salting and canning
- 9.1. Pickling
- 9.2. Marinating (canning)
- 10. Varieties for the Moscow region
- 11. Varieties for Siberia
- 12. Grades for Ukraine
- 13. Chinese
- 14. Dutch
Characteristics of cucumber varieties
To determine which of the varieties to prefer, you need to properly prioritize for yourself, and for this you need to figure out which varieties exist in culture. Without going into the professional subtleties on which the classification of cucumber varieties is based, we will try to acquaint you with the most important characteristics of these vegetables. So, cucumber varieties are divided into the following categories:
- – growing region: for each region, there are zoned varieties that better than others cope with weather conditions and diseases and pests common in a particular area,
- – landing site: there are varieties of cucumbers for open ground and for protected ones - greenhouses, greenhouses, and for cultivation on a windowsill or on a balcony,
- – maturation rate: on this basis, varieties are divided into early, middle (mid-ripening) and late, as well as intermediate ones - medium early and middle late,
- – type of pollination: from this point of view, varieties are parthenocarpic, that is, generally do not require pollination, bee-pollinated and self-pollinated,
- – purpose: there are cucumbers suitable only for fresh consumption, there are those that are intended for processing, that is, for salting or pickling, and there are universal varieties used both in fresh and in processed form,
- – culture selection: there are varieties and hybrids of cucumbers. The advantages of varieties are that they retain their distinctive qualities in several generations and are suitable for processing, and the disadvantages can be considered a small number of ovaries, too large fruits that quickly turn yellow and outgrow. Advantages of hybrids (F1) - medium-sized fruits, several ovaries in one sinus (beam arrangement), early entry into fruiting, bright coloring, and in addition, the hybrid Zelenets keeps its good appearance for a long time and does not turn yellow. The disadvantages of hybrid cucumbers are the higher cost of seeds and the preservation of the properties of the variety in only one generation,
- – bloom type: he is mixed, feminine or mostly feminine,
- – fruit size: on this basis, cucumbers are divided into gherkins, in which the length of the greens is not more than 8 cm, and lettuce cucumbers, whose length reaches 20-25 or more cm,
- – fruit color: the vast majority of cucumbers have a green color of the fruit, but there are varieties of white cucumbers, and they differ from greens only in color and the complete absence of bitterness. There are also red cucumbers, but in our gardens they grow like weeds,
- – nature of the greens surface: cucumbers are large and small, and the thorns on them are white or black. There are no varieties of cucumbers,
- – growing method: cluster, short strider (usually a sign of early varieties), medium-length, which is more characteristic of mid-season varieties, and long-varietal - represented, as a rule, late varieties. There are varieties with so-called beam formation of the ovary, which can form up to 7 cucumbers in one sinus. The method of growing cucumbers also depends on the formation of nibs bush,
- – productivity: there are less, more and very productive varieties of cucumbers,
- – resistance to diseases and pests: This is a very important feature. You should know that the earlier cucumbers ripen, the lower their resistance to diseases, that is, it will definitely be lower in early cucumbers than in later types of cucumbers.
Early varieties of cucumbers.
Early varieties are those in which from the moment of emergence to the first collection of greenberries passes from 32 to 44 days. Known early varieties include:
- – Masha - the earliest universal parthenocarpic hybrid variety resistant to cladosporia, viral mosaic and powdery mildew. Zelentsy of this variety reach a length of 8 to 11 cm,
- – Rodnichok - bee-pollinating pickling variety with bitterness-free fruits weighing up to 120 g,
- – Connie - disease-resistant, fruitful parthenocarpic hybrid variety of universal purpose with white-headed cylindrical greens, devoid of bitterness,
- – Champion - also fruitful hybrid parthenocarpic variety, resistant to diseases, with large lumpy fruits intended for processing,
- – Hermann - one of the most popular universal parthenocarpic hybrids, resistant to cladosporia and peronosporosis, and is a strong-growing plant with dark green bluaspherical cylindrical large-tuberous fruits up to 12 cm.
In addition to those described, the early varieties and hybrids include Courage, Novy Nezhinsky, Kustovoy, Vyaznikovsky 37, the Competitor, Miranda, Ira, Emerald Flow, Delicious, Corinna, Madame Gherkin, Alligator, Karelian and others.
The average varieties of cucumbers.
Mid-ripened cucumber varieties include those that ripen from 45 to 50 days. The most popular of them are:
- – Nezhinsky 12 - one of the best pickling varieties of pickling, featuring unpretentious care and resistance to bacteriosis and olive blotch. Zelentsy of this variety, short, black-headed, with large tubercles, excellent taste, weighing from 80 to 110 g and a length of 10-12 cm, ripen on long-bushy bushes,
- – Son of the regiment - universal bee-pollinating hybrid resistant to mosaic, scab and powdery mildew. It is a medium-branch and medium-sized plant with a predominantly female type of flowering. Cucumbers are oval, white-necked, large-and rare-tuberous, up to 8 cm long, with short light stripes, do not turn yellow for a long time and do not outgrow. They are collected for canning pickles and gherkins. The variety has high taste qualities and the ability to bear fruit for a long time,
- – Far East 27 - medium branching fruitful and drought-resistant pickling variety of universal purpose with elongated light green with white strips of large-tuberled green-leaved broods of excellent taste, 11-15 cm long, 4-5 cm in diameter and weighing 100-200 g. On cucumbers thick black thorns,
- – Nezhin local - one of the best pickling varieties, bee-pollinating, resistant to the virus of cucumber mosaic and to the olive spot, strongly branchy and strong-growing, mixed type of flowering. Krupnobugorchatye, ovate, with rare black thorns Zelentsy excellent taste reach a mass of 80-110 g and are used not only for canning, but also for salads,
- – New phoenix - cold-resistant bee-pollinating variety resistant to powdery mildew, peronosporosis and adverse weather conditions. Cucumbers dark green with short blurred stripes.
In addition to the described, such mid-ripening cucumber varieties as Kid, Pogrebok, Moth, Phoenix plus, Sunny, Steppe, Levadny, White delicacy, High-yielding 86, Farmer, Nugget, Ruslan 95, Irrigated 40 and hybrids Moravian gherkin, Russian style, Pikas, White Angel, Raphael and others.
Late varieties of cucumbers.
Late varieties of cucumbers ripen more than 50 days. Among the most famous late-ripening varieties:
- – Chinese climbing - medium-branchy and long-creeping plant of a mixed type of flowering from a cylindrical form with green leaves of 10-12 cm and a weight of 100-130 g. Among the advantages of the variety are stable yield, resistance to peronosporoza and low temperatures, high pickling quality,
- – Chinese miracle - variety of universal purpose, ripening up to 70 days, with cylindrical thin-skinned, red-tuberous and slightly curved Zelentsy up to 59 cm,
- – Crunch - high-yielding hybrid variety of universal purpose, characterized by long-term fruiting and disease resistance. Zelentsi of this variety is 8-10 cm long and weighs 60-80 g of crispy juicy flesh without the bitterness of excellent taste,
- – Nezhinsky - bee-pollinating fruitful pickling variety resistant to drought and disease and characterized by long-term fruiting. In chernobyshih Zelentsy this variety weighing 90-110 g and a length of 9-13 cm excellent taste and aroma, but if left on the bush, they quickly outgrow,
- – Relay race - bee-pollinating hybrid high-yielding lettuce variety, which is grown in open ground only in warm regions. Zelentsy of excellent taste with a delicate glossy peel grow from 14 to 23 cm long and weigh from 140 to 230 g.
The best varieties of cucumbers.
Of the early ripening varieties, Kustovoy, Altai Early, Vyaznikovsky 37, Rodnichok, and Masha, Lastochka, Novy Nezhinsky, Conny, Champion, Courage and Hermann are considered the best.
From mid-ripening - Adam, Director, Kibriya, Chinese heat-resistant, Claudia, Mother-in-law, Barrel salting, Far Eastern 27, Phoenix Plus, Amur, Libelle, Moravian gherkin hybrids, Russian style.
Among the later varieties are good Phoenix 640, Kapelka, Aquarius, Winner, Donskoy 175, Brigadier, Vladivostok, Nezhinsky local, Chinese miracle, hybrid Relay.
Self-pollinated cucumber varieties
Statistics say that gardeners prefer to grow precisely self-pollinated varieties of cucumbers for open ground, because they, compared with parthenocarpic, have a brighter taste and aroma, besides the earliest, most valuable cucumbers belong to this type of pollination. Parthenocarpic varieties are more often planted in greenhouses, in which there are no insects pollinating cucumber flowers, since these cucumbers do not need pollination for successful fruiting. However, the fruits of parthenocarpic cucumbers do not form seeds.
Those cucumbers, on the flowers of which there are both male and female reproductive organs - both the pistil and the stamens, are considered to be self-pollinated, therefore pollination occurs independently within the same plant, and as a result fruits with seeds are formed.
The best self-pollinated varieties can be considered such:
- – Gerda - medium early gherkin variety, characterized by high germination and disease resistance. Its greenhouses of excellent taste grow to 10 cm in length,
- – Friendly family - also a medium-early, versatile, unpretentious and disease-resistant variety with dense green stuff up to 12 cm long, which does not have a bitter taste,
- – White angel - versatile high-yielding hybrid variety with white cucumbers 6-8 cm long and weighing 60-70 g. There are rare tubercles, there is no bitterness,
- – Pretending - a universal kornishonny beam hybrid with large-tuberled Zelentsy of a beautiful form of dark green color with white washed out strips. Thorns are black, bitterness in taste is not. This variety fructifies to the very frost,
- – Spring - universal medium-grade variety, disease-resistant, with short sweetish green zelentsy.
As a rule, self-pollinated cucumber varieties, like parthenocarpic ones, are grown in greenhouses, but not because they cannot grow and bear fruit in the garden under the sun, but because there are no pollinators in the greenhouses. Of course, there are self-pollinated varieties exclusively for greenhouses, but for the most part these cucumbers also grow in the open field with the same success.
Tuft varieties of cucumbers
Cucumber beams have one feature that distinguishes them from other varieties: in one node they form several ovaries, and their number depends on such factors as growing conditions (that is, the amount of sunlight received by the plant), the place of cultivation (greenhouse or open ground ) and the general condition of the plant. In recent years, beam varieties are rapidly gaining popularity, and the most famous of them are:
- – Snowstorm - fast-ripening high-yielding parthenocarpic hybrid with a female type of flowering, forming up to 4-5 elliptic fruits of dark green color in one ovary with yellow stripes growing to 8 cm in length and gaining weight of 60-70 g. The surface of greenhouses is covered with large tubercles and brown pubescence
- – Detinets - early ripe highly productive parthenocarpic hybrid variety of predominantly female type of flowering, in all its sinuses, except the first, up to five ovaries are formed. Cylindrical green fruit Detinets with light yellow stripes reach a length of 10-12 cm, gaining a mass of 90-120 g and have an excellent taste. Their skin is covered with small tubercles and light brown spikes,
- – Thumb - resistant to olive spot, powdery mildew and peronosporosis, a fruitful and versatile parthenocarpic variety, forming 3-6 ovaries in the axils. Zelentsy of this variety, 8-10 cm long, bright green with white spikes and large tubercles, has a good taste,
- – Master - hybrid parthenakarpik kornishonnogo type with a female type of flowering, resistant to temperature fluctuations and forming in one node up to 6 ovaries. Dense elliptical fruits with crispy tasty pulp no longer than 12 cm and weighing from 80 to 110 g are covered with dark green peel with white spikes and frequent tubercles. Bitterness is not felt in the flesh or in the peel,
- – Okhotny Ryad - universal hybrid parthenakarpik of the kornishny type with a female type of flowering, resistant to all diseases, except for powdery mildew, and forming from 2 to 6 ovaries in the sinuses. Cucumbers in this class are cylindrical, lumpy, white-headed, 8-11 cm long, of excellent taste.
Such cultivar cucumber varieties, such as Robin Hood, King of the garden, hybrids Junior Lieutenant, Three Tankmen, Buyan, Chistye Prudy, Maryina Roshcha, Machaon, Labyrinth, Calendar and others, have also proven themselves well.
The most productive varieties of cucumbers
Productivity is a relative sign, since it depends not only on the variety, but also on other factors - weather conditions, soil composition, quality of care. However, there are varieties that produce good yields even under the most ideal conditions, and most often these are hybrids. Such high-yield varieties of cucumbers are known in the garden crop:
- – Summer resident - early ripe hybrid srednerosly and srednevetvisty grade with mainly female type of flowering. It has green cylindrical fruits weighing up to 90 g. From one m² plot you can get 13-14 kg of fruits,
- – Dasha - resistant to bacteriosis and powdery mildew bee-pollinating hybrid with dark green white-collar elongated-cylindrical tubercular greens of up to 10 cm and weighing up to 115 g,
- – Burly - resistant to powdery mildew and peronospora pcheopylum hybrid with short lumpy cucumbers weighing 70-100 g with white pubescence. With 1 m² of beds you can collect up to 12 kg of greens,
- – Noble - Bacteriosis, anthracnose, ascochytosis, viral infection and olive spot resistant medium early bee pollinating hybrid with a predominantly female type of flowering. Light green small-tuberous and white-hipped greengrass reach a length of 10-13 cm, and in a mass of 100-110 g. Up to 14 kg of fruits are collected from one m²,
- – Pinocchio - cold-resistant partenokarpichesky hybrid with a predominantly female type of flowering and a bouquet (puchkovym) arrangement of ovaries, which are formed in one sinus up to 6 pieces. Dark green elongated cylindrical large-tuberous greengrass, reaching a length of 8-9 cm with a mass of about 100 g, are devoid of bitterness. The yield is up to 13 kg per 1 m² of area.
In addition to the described, such crop varieties of cucumbers for open ground are known, as Suzanna, Altai Early 166, Murom 36, Voronezh, Crisp, Graceful, Sprouts, Sparta hybrids, Dainties, Murashka, Rodnichok and others.
Resistant Cucumber Varieties
Иногда в дождливое прохладное лето огородники могут остаться без огурцов, поскольку холод и сырость способствуют развитию грибковых инфекций – гнилей, антракноза, бактериоза, мучнистой росы, пероноспороза и других болезней. Но если вы будете выращивать сорта, способные противостоять этим заболеваниям, риск лишиться урожая будет значительно меньше. В настоящее время, благодаря работе селекционеров, выведено много сортов и гибридов, устойчивых к заболеваниям, среди которых наиболее известны:
- – Пасадена - medium early pickling parthenocarpik female type of flowering, resistant to powdery mildew, cladosporia and mosaic, with white-bearing cylindrical fruits of green color with a length of 6-9 cm and a mass of 60-80 g of excellent taste,
- – Octopus - bee-pollinating pickling hybrid, resistant to olive spot, powdery mildew, peronosporoza and viral mosaic. Saturated green large-celled and cylindrical fruits of cylindrical shape up to 9 cm long do not have bitterness,
- – Benefit - a universal early self-pollinating hybrid with a female type of flowering and a bouquet arrangement of ovaries, which can be up to 8 in one sinus. The variety is very resistant to peronospora, powdery mildew and root rot. Crispy, excellent taste fruits are free from bitterness,
- – Chinese disease resistant - resistant to all typical diseases of cucumbers and low light medium high-yielding hybrid with dark green large-tubercle cylindrical fruits up to 35 cm in length with excellent taste,
- – Ibn sina - mid-ripened parthenocarpic female type of flowering, impervious to root rot and powdery mildew. Each node is formed by 2-4 ovary. Cylindrical dark green smooth and shiny Zelentsi 15-17 cm long and weighing up to 180 g are eaten fresh.
In addition to the described, disease-resistant are hybrid varieties Knyazhna, Leandro, Primadonna, Sister Alyonushka, Nightingale, Sir, Rodnichok, Phoenix plus, Crane, Darling, Swallow, Murashka, Alekseich, Secret of the Firm, Ant, Little-finger, Nobleman and others.
Bush Cucumber Varieties
It is worth noting that bush cucumbers look very attractive: a compact leafy bush about half a meter in height with numerous ovaries. As a rule, all bush varieties are early ripening, it is convenient to take care of them and it is easy to take crops from them. The most famous bush varieties are:
- – Kid - a bush with a height of 30-40 cm with an ellipsoidal shape of dark green large-tuberous and white-beared fruits of universal purpose with a length of 8-9 cm. The variety is resistant to powdery mildew and mosaic,
- – Shrub - bee-pollinated variety with a bush height of 50-70 cm and elongated dark green cucumbers 9-12 cm long of excellent taste, which remain fresh and green for a long time,
- – Shorty - universal bee-pollinating variety up to 45 cm high with oval or cylindrical light green fruits with calico print or small stripes. Zelentsy reach a length of 9-10 cm, they have a delicate skin, and they do not turn yellow for a long time,
- – Hector - compact hybrid variety with bundle ovaries and fragrant, crunchy, large-tubery cylindrical greens with white pubescence,
- – Baby - an early ripe grade with dark green cucumbers weighing up to 80-90 g in the form of an egg with white pubescence and large tubercles.
Also to the bush varieties include elegant, irreducible 40, competitor, Vyaznikovsky, Nezhinsky and others.
Varieties of cucumbers for pickling.
How to choose cucumbers for pickling, and how do they differ from salad cucumbers? Firstly, they are sized for pickling; fruits take a length of no more than 10 cm. Secondly, they must be highly tuberous and chernoshipymi, because green leaves with white spikes are not suitable for pickling - they have a rough skin that is impermeable to brine. The best pickling varieties can be considered such:
- – Crisp - mid-ripe parthenocarpic variety of female type of flowering with single ovaries. Zelentsy in this class is highly hilly, chernoshipye, up to 15 cm long,
- – Goosebump - universal early hybrid self-pollinating variety with female type of flowering and bouquet (beam) formation of ovaries. Fruits of this variety are up to 15 cm long, dark green, strongly uneven,
- – Pickles - medium early hybrid parthenocarpik with a female type of flowering. Zelentsy up to 15 cm long, strong-hilly, green color,
- – Parisian Gherkin - early ripe bee-pollinating variety with large-tuberous and black-crested greens of 6-10 cm long, weighing 60-90 g of excellent taste without bitterness,
- – Pickling - early maturing bee-pollinating variety of stable yield of mixed flowering type, resistant to powdery mildew. Large green tubercles, with black pubescence, green with light stripes, cylindrical, 10-11 cm long and weighing 100-125 g.
In addition to those described, the pickling cucumbers Nezhinsky 12, Muromsky, Movir, Magnificent, Zador, Alliance, Competitor, Cascade, Erofey, as well as hybrids The Secret of the Firm, Moscow Nights, Advance, Julian, Swallow, Courage, Murashka and others well recommended themselves.
Varieties of cucumbers for pickling (canning).
All pickling cucumber varieties are also suitable for canning in marinade, but there are some cucumbers that can not be salted, and you can pickle. Such varieties are called canned food - a substance that provides the correct fermentation process during salting, these cucumbers do not contain. They are even smaller than pickling, their flesh is even denser, and the skin is as thin as that of pickling cucumbers. Their main signs - a strong bumpiness and white bearing. Canned cucumber varieties include:
- – Pet - early ripe bee-pollinating variety with a cylindrical form of dark green cucumbers weighing up to 100 g and a length of 10 cm in short light stripes, large tubercles and white thorns,
- – Solar - high-yielding mid-seasoned bee-pollinating variety with cylindrical white-bearing and large-tucked greens of 9-11 cm long and weighing up to 130 g,
- – Moscow dude - precocious bee-pollinating and resistant to bacteriosis and cladosporioza, a hybrid of predominantly female type of flowering with white striped green tubercular cucumbers with white thorns. The length of green cabbage is 10-12 cm, weight is 90-100 g,
- – Adam - early ripe hybrid Patrenokarpik with cylindrical cucumbers of dark green color with light stripes and spots, small, densely located tubercles and white spikes. The weight of Zelentsov is 90-95 cm, length is 9-10 cm,
- – Voyage - Parthenocarpic hybrid variety with a female type of flowering. Oval Zelentsy with indistinct light stripes have a lumpy texture and are covered with white spikes. The length of the fruit is 10-12 cm, weight is 90-110 g.
In addition to these, canned varieties of cucumbers include Farmer, Universal, as well as hybrids Cupid, Ging, Alliance, Break and others.
Varieties of cucumbers for the Moscow region
In the middle lane, it is recommended to grow 3-7 varieties of cucumbers on the same bed at the same time, with both parthenocarpic and bee-pollinated crops. Traditionally, the best varieties of cucumbers for open ground in the Moscow region are Vyaznikovsky, Altai Early, the Competitor, the Nezhinsky Local, the Yield 86, the Union, the Non-Irritable 40, VIR 85 and the hybrids Sovkhozny, the Cruise, the April, Aquarius, Look, Movir and the Magnificent.
- – Movir - a universal late-ripening high-yielding hybrid with large-tuberous greens, up to 12 cm long and weighing 65-75 g, which are good both in fresh and in pickled form,
- – Yield 86 - high-yielding mid-season long-haired pickling variety with a cylindrical form of large-fringed green-green Zelentsy with light stripes,
- – State Farm - high-yielding short-ripening short-ripening hybrid with small ellipsoid small-tucked greens, suitable for salting,
- – Irreducible 40 - mid-season lettuce variety, relatively resistant to cladosporioz, with elongated ovoid, large-tuberous celery greens of light green color,
- – Sight - early ripe middle-peeled bee pollinating pickling hybrid of a female type of flowering, resistant to bacteriosis and peronospora. The greens of this variety are cylindrical, dark green, with rare black pubescence, weighing up to 110 g and 9-11 cm long. Their flesh is juicy, tender and sweet, of excellent taste.
Such fruitful cucumber varieties as Kustovoy, VIR 505, Rzhevsky local, Zador, hybrids Petersburg Express, Pasalimo, Komponist, Excelsior and others are successfully grown in the Moscow region.
Sorts of cucumbers for Siberia
Despite the fact that cucumber culture is thermophilic, there are varieties that are so adapted to the harsh Siberian conditions that give excellent yields of lettuce, canning and pickling cucumbers. Here are some of them:
- – Altai - versatile, cold-resistant and high-yielding bee-pollinating canned variety, disease-resistant, with bright green white-bearing oval-shaped fruits up to 10 cm long and weighing 75-80 g,
- – Serpentine - early short-yielding highly productive variety, resistant to cucumber diseases, with small large-tuberous fruits of the cornish type,
- – Claudia - self-pollinated highly productive universal hybrid of early maturity with fine-tucked fine cylindrical shape with green leaflets 12–15 cm long, devoid of a bitter taste,
- – Cascade - mid-season highly productive variety with a female type of flowering, disease resistant, with tuberous ellipsoid dark green fruits 13-15 cm long and weighing up to 100 g,
- – Miranda - early universal frost and powdery mildew resistant hybrid with medium size (11-12 cm) cylindrical small tuber fragrant greens weighing up to 120 g. Fruit color is saturated green with white specks and yellow stripes reaching to the middle of greenheads.
The cultivars of cucumbers Manul, Aquarius, Zasolochny, Kudesnik, Kustovoy, Reliable and hybrids Idol, Afonya, Actor, Pososhok, Petite, Aladdin, Katyusha, Saltan, Gypsy, Day and others also grow well and bear fruit in Siberia.
Varieties of cucumbers for Ukraine
In order to collect a high yield of cucumbers in a relatively mild and warm Ukrainian climate, it is necessary to grow varieties that correspond to these conditions. The hybrids Anyuta, Amur, Malysh, Katyusha, Debut, Nugget, Steppe, Slobozhansky, Graceful, Aquarius, Dzherelo, Kustovoy, Geim, Nezhinsky 13 and many others are in great demand among Ukrainian gardeners.
- – Nezhinsky 13 - mid-seasoned bee-emitting fruitful pickling variety with bright green large-tuberous and chernoshipymi fruits with fragrant, crisp dense pulp of excellent taste,
- – Slobozhansky - one of the most fruitful of early ripening shade-tolerant varieties of Ukrainian breeding is a hybrid with a flowering of mostly female type and cylindrical, devoid of bitterness with large-tuber green-leaved Zelentsy, up to 8 cm in length,
- – Jerelo - early ripe, resistant to bacteriosis, peronosporosis and low temperatures, bee-pollinating pickling variety of Ukrainian breeding with green leaves of cylindrical shape, a lumpy surface and light stripes up to the middle of the length, which averages 10-12 cm with a fruit weight of 60-70 g,
- – Mirabella - early parthenocarpic gherkin hybrid of Dutch selection with very high productivity and a bouquet type of ovary formation. The variety is resistant to olive spot and powdery mildew. The fruits lack bitterness,
- – Game - highly productive mid-season cold-resistant bee-pollinating pickling variety, resistant to peronosporoz and bacteriosis, with elongated-oval rarely green stems of 10-11 cm, lacking a bitter taste.
Chinese cucumber varieties
"Chinese cucumber" - this is not a variety, but a whole subspecies of cucumbers, having such features as a fancy shape and an impressive length. The best varieties of Chinese cucumbers include Chinese miracle, Chinese snakes, White delicacy, Emerald flow, Chinese heat-resistant, Chinese cold-resistant, Chinese disease-resistant, Chinese farmer, Alligator, Crocodile Gena, Chinese all-weather, Chinese long-fruited and others.
- – Chinese farmer - a mid-early universal hybrid, resistant to diseases and adverse conditions, unpretentious in care, with powerful branching lashes requiring garters to the trellis. The fruits of this variety are smooth, thin-skinned, without bitterness, 35-45 cm long,
- – Chinese heat resistant - high-yielding medium-early hybrid, resistant not only to high temperatures, but also to peronosporoz, powdery mildew and fusarium. The fruits of this variety are even, dark green, lumpy, from 30 to 50 cm long, with a wonderful aroma and high taste,
- – Emerald stream - mid-season highly productive parthenocarpic low-growing hybrid of Russian selection, resistant to powdery mildew and low light, with thin-skinned dark green cylindrical large-tuberous fruits of excellent taste weighing up to 200 g,
- – Alligator - early ripe bee-emitting high-yielding canned hybrid resistant to olive blotch, powdery mildew and viral mosaic, with juicy-green tuberous thin-skinned fruits of cylindrical shape up to 40 cm long with fragrant juicy and sweetish pulp.
F1 green flow
For 45 days it grows up to fruiting. Partenokarpichesky hybrid, tying up to 5 Zelentsin in one node. Suitable for protected and open ground. Cylindrical fruits, 11-13 cm long, sweet to the taste and very fragrant, they are indispensable in fresh salads. When preserving retain an appetizing crunch.
Variety of cucumbers Green stream
The skoroplodny, self-pollinated grade. According to Rosreestra recommended for cultivation in greenhouses and in the open air. Suitable for storage.
Ovary cylindrical with large tubercles, medium density, medium length. Bitterness is not genetically. Commodity cucumbers 8.5-9.0 cm. Fresh and processed fruit tastes different. From 1m2 greenhouses collect 10-11 kg of vegetables. Great for growing houses on the windowsill. Disease-resistant.
Mash cucumber variety
Beam Splendor F1
Fully justifies its name. Quickly enters fruiting, self-pollinating, beam hybrid with female flowers. It can be grown in open ground, polycarbonate greenhouses.
Abundantly fruiting in any weather until frost. Good lighting increases the yield. In the knots tied up to 7 ovaries. Cucumbers 8-11 cm, bright green. Ideal in conservation. Variety gives excellent yield even in cold summer.
Variety of cucumbers Beam Splendor
F1 Siberian garland
Blooms quickly, does not require pollination, with an incredible yield. Able to bear fruit before frost. Cucumbers 5-8 cm, without voids and bitterness, unsurpassed taste during preservation. Stalk creepers, like Christmas garland, decorated with lots of crispy, juicy, fragrant, incredibly sweet cucumbers.
Harvesting "Garlands" once, not planting it again and again is impossible.
Variety of cucumbers Siberian garland
The grade for film greenhouses, self-pollinated. It can be used fresh, suitable for salting, good in marinades. Starting from the 40th day, you can collect short, oval-cylindrical, dense cucumbers, weighing from 100g.
Excellent fruit taste can be collected up to 13 kg / sq.m. On a medium-branched stem, 3 or more female flowers bloom in short internodes. Sufficiently strong immunity to powdery and downy mildew.
Grade Emerald City
Hybrid bred for film shelters. Fruiting begins on 40-43 day. Self-pollinating, and lettuce, and canning purposes. On a strong-growing, medium-stem stems are bouquets of female flowers. Zelentsy harvested when they reach 100-120 g. Delicious and fresh and canned. Productivity of 16-18 kg.
Variety of cucumbers Courage
Created for spring unheated greenhouses. Hybrid self-pollinated, ideal in salads and in spins. Fruits in 46 days from germination. The flowers are predominantly female, with 1-2 ovaries growing in each node. It has a dense flesh. Good taste. Productivity is 11,3 kg / sq.m. Disease resistant.
Bred for cultivation in film shelters. Partenokarpichesky, for salads, but good for conservation. The fruits are ready to be harvested already on the 43-46th day. On a strong-growing plant with moderate branching, at least 3 flowers, mostly female, bloom in each node.
Fruits are harvested when their weight reaches 90-100 g. Tasty in any form. Productivity reaches 12,0 kg / sq.m. Increased resistance to viral and fungal diseases.
Hybrid created by Syngenta. Superearly. It takes only 40 days before the harvest from shoots. With all this, self-pollinated, resistant to the lack of light. Forms a lot of ovaries even at low trellis.
Bouquet blooms, the predominance of female flowers provide a good yield without failures. Calibrated fruits 12-14 cm, excellent taste, not bitter. Used fresh and recycled. Well kept, tolerate long-term transportation. Do not get sick.
Spino Cucumber Variety
A selection of the best varieties of cucumbers.
- The best varieties for the Moscow region. April F1, F1 Business, F1 View, Aquarius, F1 Cruise, Kustovoy, F1 Libella, Phoenix 640, Electron
- The best varieties for pickling. Nezhinsky, Muromsky, Era, Nosovsky, Nezhinka, Stage, Zozulya F1, Zasolochny F1, Semcross, Barrels weed F1, Dainost F1, Mama's favorite F1, Liliput F1,
- The best varieties of cucumbers for the Urals and Siberia. “Amur”, “Arina”, “Moscow evenings”, “Voyage”, “Altai”, “Far Eastern 27”, “Miranda”.
- Chinese cucumber varieties: “Chinese miracle”, “White delicacy”, “Chinese snakes” “Emerald stream”, “Chinese heat-resistant”, “Alligator”, Chinese disease-resistant, Chinese white, Chinese Farmer F1, Chinese long-fruited.
These are just a few cucumber varieties with photos and descriptions of a huge amount of cucumber splendor. It is necessary to write a continuation of this topic, because so many wonderful varieties were ignored.
Скороспелый (43-50 дней от появления всходов до плодоношения) самоопыляемый гибрид женского типа цветения. Зеленец массой до 100-120 г и длиной 10-12 см густо покрыт мелкими бугорками. Fruit лишены горечи и отличаются высокими вкусовыми качествами, универсальны (засолка, маринование, употребление в свежем виде). Гибрид очень устойчив к настоящей и ложной мучнистой росе и корневым гнилям.
Early ripening (from germination to fruiting - 37-43 days) parthenocarpic hybrid of a female type of flowering. The plant is medium, the variety is universal, the fruits are slightly tubercular, weighing 60-80 g and a length of 7-8 cm, the greens have excellent taste. The hybrid is extremely resistant to powdery mildew, as well as to downy mildew.
Universal early ripe parthenocarpic hybrid, the fruits of which are successfully used both in fresh form and for salting. Grows and develops better in heated greenhouses. Fruits ripen quickly - in 40-45 days. Indeterminate shrub (has unlimited growth of lashes), with a predominantly female type of flowering and tuft-laying ovaries.
General principles that should guide the selection of "greenhouse" cucumbers, are set out in the article How to choose varieties of cucumbers for greenhouses.
The early ripe universal hybrid which fruiting comes 45-55 days later after emergence of shoots. With success, it can be grown not only in the open field, but also in small balcony boxes - the plant is distinguished by its compactness and ability for self-regulation of branching. Cylindrical fruits are quite large: with a weight of 200-250 g in length, they reach 22-25 cm. Indisputable grade benefits: no bitterness, lack of care and relative cold resistance, which makes it possible to obtain good yields in open ground.
Bee pollinated mid-season universal (suitable both for fresh use and for canning) variety. Plant of the mixed type of flowering, strongly branched and vigorous. Zelenets is short (about 6-7 cm), of elongated ovoid shape, slightly tuberculate. The variety is sufficiently resistant to downy mildew.
Parthenocarpic ultra-fast (35–39 days) hybrid. Plant srednepletistoe, beam-type flowering with limited branching side shoots. The fruits are large, cylindrical in shape, reaching a length of 12 cm. The variety is resistant to olive blotch, as well as to false and powdery mildew.
Parthenocarpic ultra-ripening (35–39 days) high-yielding beam-type hybrid of flowering with a long fruiting period. Fruits - Krupnobugorchatye gherkins regular cylindrical shape - genetically free from bitterness, possess the highest flavoring properties and suit not only for the fresh use, but also for conservation. The variety is resistant to a complex of diseases: mealy and downy mildew, cucumber mosaic virus and others, as well as to unfavorable growing conditions.
Yield early (43-53 days) pickling variety with good taste. Fruits are oblong-oval or cylindrical, reaching a length of 12 cm, completely covered with large tubercles, reach a weight of 120 g. The variety is resistant to powdery mildew and bacterial spotting.
The mid-season (from 48 to 55 days) bee-pollinating hybrid, resistant to a complex of diseases. Cylindrical fruits covered with small tubercles with rare spikes, devoid of bitterness, are used for salting and canning. The length of ripe green rice comes to 12 cm, and its mass does not exceed 100 g.
As the practice of our gardeners has shown, such varieties of cucumbers as “Far Eastern' and 'Phoenix', read more about the experience of growing which you can here in this post.
Early (35-45 days) pickling variety, small-tuberous or smooth fruits whose length reaches 6-8 cm. Comparatively resistant to short-term temperature drops. The fruits are light green, have an ovoid or ellipsoidal shape, and reach a length of 6-10 cm. The peculiarity of the variety is that its fruits turn yellow quickly enough, so they need to be collected often.
'Moscow Nights F1'
Partenokarpichesky mid-season (42-45 days) hybrid, the fruits of which have excellent taste and are suitable for both salting and fresh consumption. The plant is predominantly female flowering type, strong-pleasing. The fruit is cylindrical, tuberculate, dark green with white pubescence. Its length reaches 14 cm, and its weight does not exceed 110 g. The variety is resistant to the cucumber mosaic virus, powdery mildew, and cladosporia.
Most of the varieties and hybrids listed in this article can be found in our catalog. The best varieties and hybrids for the middle band in it are devoted to a separate product selection. Compare offers from different online stores and choose the most interesting and profitable!
Dutch cucumber varieties
The unprecedented popularity of Dutch cucumber varieties can be explained by the reliability of the seed: if you bought seeds of Dutch producers, you can be sure that growing cucumbers are guaranteed against diseases. Dutch varieties are also different in that they are usually self-pollinated or parthenocarpic, high-yielding and do not contain bitterness. The most famous varieties of Dutch breeding are:
- – Satin - New early ripe parthenocarpic gherkin variety, which has already gained popularity due to its resistance to peronosporosis, cladosporia and powdery mildew, high productivity and versatility. The fruits of this variety are green, crunchy, with a thin peel,
- – Meringue - a super-early parthenocarpic hybrid of universal use with homogeneous bitterly green hothouses of a regular cylindrical shape of dark green color,
- – Delpina - early universal highly productive and resistant to high temperatures and powdery mildew hybrid with light green cylindrical fruits with a length of 10-12 cm with dense juicy pulp, devoid of bitterness,
- – Bettina - one of the earliest ripened parthenocarpic hybrids of the kornishon type, resistant to low light, peronospora, cladosporia and powdery mildew. The fruits of this variety - large, green, smooth, uniform, cylindrical in shape, 10-12 cm long - have a delicate flavor,
- – Athena - early ripe parthenocarpic hybrid of the cornish type with green large-tuberous greens of 10-12 cm long, cylindrical in shape with a delicate taste. The hybrid is resistant to olive spot, powdery mildew and peronosporoza.
In addition to those described, Dutch hybrids of Media, Yani, Gravina, Puccini, Presto, Kibriya, Komponist, Crispina, Marinda, Excelsior, Socrates, Tristan and many others are successfully grown in garden crops.
Briefly about the main thing
When planting any culture should focus on weather conditions in the region. To do this, you can analyze the weather of previous years and make an overall picture, having determined the date. Then comes the process of waiting. As soon as the thermometer does not drop below + 5 ° C for 5-7 days, then it’s time to open the summer season. In the middle lane is approximately the month of May or the beginning of June. Still, sowing seeds for seedlings in the greenhouse is carried out 2-3 weeks before.
In parallel with this, the farmer needs to solve four important questions:
- landing place (garden, balcony or greenhouse),
- harvest time (one of the summer months),
- the duration of fruiting,
- for what purposes growing: salting, canning, selling or eating fresh cucumbers.
The gardener must calculate the approximate date of carrying the seedlings into open ground and count back from it 21 days. In total, it will be mid-March or early April. This will be the approximate sowing time for seedlings.
Having decided on these moments, the summer resident should pay attention to the features of some varieties of green stuff. For example, early varieties of cucumbers bear fruit for a relatively short period. At the same time, their fruits can suffer from various pests and sores. Yet the advantages of such crops include the fact that in 40-50 days you can enjoy the first harvest.
The taste of these hybrids and early ripening is special, because their skin does not give bitterness. Some of them can even be canned or salted. However, it is important to understand that in the middle zone they are threatened by diseases that affect cucumbers. Then the farmer will have to fight with real / downy mildew or bacteriosis. In view of this, it is important for one's land to select the right type of culture.
Some mistresses practice sowing half of their “plantations” with varieties just for salting, and leaving the second for universal or salad varieties.
The top five for the greenhouse
Most do not want to deprive themselves of the pleasure to eat green stuff, so they choose this method of growing them. Cool outside the window is not a reason to rest on your laurels, because in the greenhouse / greenhouse you need to have time to do a lot. They rush to choose the best varieties of cucumbers for their greenhouses. The main features of such "sprinter" growth is that the side shoots of the plant do not need to pinch. The shortened weaving forms a compact bush. It is not very lush, so moisture is not collected in its foliage. After all, because of it, the stem can begin to rot, and the greenery becomes covered with powdery mildew. Among the many bred hybrids worth highlighting 5-tb, which are well suited for the mission "Greenhouse".
"Emelya F1" - from the peasant to the prince
Initially, the breeders brought it as a salad sub-variety, but later many housewives began using fruits for canning / salinization. Hybrid "Emelya F1" easily endures cool cyclones, giving excellent yields in bad weather conditions. However, the ovaries, as well as the fruits, are developing more actively in rooms with heating systems. Characteristic features of this culture are:
- flowering - for women
- the laying of the ovaries beam type
- 40-45 days of the growing season
- branching moderate
- spindle-shaped fruit, 15 cm long and weighing 120-150 g (diameter up to 4 cm),
- thin skin and without taste bitterness,
- Krupnobugorchataya surface is covered with white spikes,
- shade - deep green,
- leaves slightly undulating with a smooth edge.
From one square meter a farmer can harvest from 12 to 16 kg of crop. However, it is important to ensure that no powdery mildew or a cucumber mosaic virus hits the leaves. This happens often with androgynous fruits.
Planting should be planted at a distance of 50-75 cm. Then the plant will be able to successfully develop in a greenhouse.
"Benefit F1" - the play is not over
From sowing to the appearance of full fruits, either 40 or 50 days can pass. At the same time, flowering (mostly female) is self-pollinated, without the intervention of insects. Each bosom of the leaflet has one pair (2 pieces) or a whole “quartet” (4 pieces) of the ovaries, 8 mm long. From them grow refined 10-centimeter Zelentsy oval.
From a small piece of land (1 m²) a farmer can get up to 6-8 kg of elegant gherkins. Behind the elastic fruit lies a delicate and sweetish taste. Zelentsy "Benefis F1" perfectly tolerate transportation and retain their properties during long-term storage. Many grow cucumbers for sale. The crop grows excellently in moist soils, which makes it resistant to the ruthless powdery mildew and root rot.
For seedlings their seeds are sown in late April. Transfer young seedlings on the land "land" experts recommend only a month later.
His styled "Alekseevich F1"
Despite such a loud title, these gherkins grow up to 8 cm in length. The girth of a miniature fruit in the form of a cylinder is not more than 4-5 cm. Nevertheless, many people prefer precisely the “Alekseevich” cucumber variety, because its yield is 14 kg / m². These greenhouses are suitable for pickling and salting. But for such purposes they need to be collected on time, when they are no larger than pickles or gherkins. Millions love them for unique features, namely:
- crust without tubercles and sharp thorns,
- not bitter
- Greens ripen almost simultaneously,
- germination is observed before all other species,
- fruits can be collected after 38-43 days after germination,
- tallness and branching average.
This culture bears fruit from May and almost until October. Inflorescences do not fall off and are rarely empty. Fruits grow smooth, not twisting.
For the successful fruiting of the variety, it is necessary to maintain the temperature in the room not lower than 12-15 ° C.
"Boy with a finger" comes from a fairy tale
The first fruits appear on the 40-45 day after sowing the seeds. Oval-shaped dark green cylinders covered with small spikes. The tubercles are not very clearly expressed. The peculiarity of this hybrid is that all cucumbers are the same size. The bush is so thickly hung with them that from the square. meters can collect up to 14 kg of such wealth. In addition, each individual instance will be:
- weighing 50-60 g (keeping all its juiciness),
- up to 10 cm long
- 3-4 cm in diameter (without dense skin).
In one bundle, the hostess will find up to 6 ovaries. It is noteworthy, but empty flowers come across very rarely. The bush has an impressive appearance, but the shoots are weakly woven and do not grow much.
As the fruits outgrow, they need to be collected on time, that is, every 2 days or more often. As soon as they grow up to 6-8 cm in length, they are recommended to be plucked.
What seeds to go to the garden?
The protected soil and the favorable microclimate of the greenhouse will not replace the plants with fresh air, nourishing rain, and the rays of the spring sun. Especially since with an overall land plot you can get an unlimited amount of appetizing product. Understanding this, you should know which types of cucumbers for open ground are the best. It is these seeds that you need to take with you when leaving in the spring to the garden.
April F1 - The Early Spring Bird
This hybrid is not afraid of cold weather. The emergence of the harvest can be observed at 45 or 55 days after the germination of the first shoots. Some gardeners begin planting seeds very early. In such cases, you must use the film to create a greenhouse effect.
Over the next 30 days, the ovary "together" are formed. However, the best performance recorded due to two factors: early planting and insect pollinators. Due to this, from his small plantation the farmer will harvest from 7 to 13 kg (from 1 sq. M) of harvest. These cucumbers are characterized by the following features:
- large size: 20-25 cm,
- optimum weight - from 200 to 250 g,
- tubercles are small and rarely located,
- spikes white,
- Zelenets does not turn yellow and does not outgrow.
Many people like to grow this crop, because it does not require special care. The bush has a compact form, because the branches themselves control the degree of their growth.
Planted seedlings in open ground is recommended for 15-20 days after sowing. Seeds deepen only 0.5 or 1 cm into the soil. You can make 2 parallel beds, between which there must be at least half a meter width.
"Masha F1", but without a bear
Among the 15 best varieties of cucumbers for growing in the middle lane, this is considered the leader in ripening speed. Only 35 days and a salad of fragrant gherkins will be an original addition to the festive table. Mass harvest is collected on the 40th day, which allows them to be canned. The result is that they are crispy and juicy. Distinctive features of the variety "Masha F1" are:
- correct, almost even shape of fruits (up to 10 cm),
- bumpy surface with large tubercles,
- sweet taste, without the slightest bitterness,
- high yield over a long period
- tolerance for adverse conditions.
Mosaic virus and powdery mildew bypass the culture side. However, white rot or anthracnose may appear on the leaves and stalks over time.
To avoid damage to the bush with diseases, one should fertilize the soil with mullein or humus, and also disinfect the seeds before planting.
"Competitor" to all the rest
The branches of this hybrid are so strongly developed that they can reach 2 meters in length. With the help of graceful antennae, the plant clings to fences or other structures. Yellow flowers are formed on the stems, which emit pollen. Within only a few hours, it is viable, so plant a crop preferably near an apiary. As a result, after 1.5 months you can go to the garden with baskets for harvesting, and so on for the next 3 months. These greenhouses have:
- oblong shape
- 12 centimeter fruit,
- weight about 120 g
- large bumps,
- long stalk (this is a bonus for the assembly),
- ribbed surface, painted with white stripes.
Sudden temperature drops adversely affect fruiting. In this regard, the site must be protected from such anomalies, using different devices.
"Spring F1" - a source of refreshment
It belongs to the category of middle-ripening varieties, since the first fruits on the stem can be picked on the 55th day after seed germination. The inflorescences of the plant are pollinated by the active work of the bees. Up to three knots are tied in one bundle, and the stem itself can start up to 5 shoots. Zelentsy reach 12 cm, gaining weight up to 100 g. Outwardly, they look like barrels of a light green shade with small pimples. Since the black thorns are not very densely arranged, it is much more convenient to collect the fruits. These cucumbers retain their flavor characteristics even when salting, as well as canning.
To get about 25 kg of Zelentsov, you need to grow a variety in the trellis way. Otherwise, this figure drops to 5-7 kg.
"Ant F1" - this is not a detachment of Hymenoptera
Об этом гибридном сорте огурцов нужно знать то, что стебель не пускает длинных боковых побегов, поэтому куст компактный. Опыляются цветения без вмешательства пчел. Период плодоношения начинается по истечению 35 и более дней. Это раньше намного раньше, чем у других скороспелок. Несмотря на это плодоносят они сравнительно короткое время. Externally, greenhouses resemble real ants, just under a magnifying glass:
- rare black spikes,
- smooth gradation of color from pale to swamp with pronounced white stripes near the nose,
- oval-cylindrical shape of the fetus,
- in a section happens to 4 cm,
- pulp density is average.
Of course, they are several times larger in size than insects - almost 11 cm. In one bundle up to 3-7 cucumbers are tied at once. Therefore, from a small plot, the summer resident can expect up to 12 kg of abundant harvest.
When growing them in a container, seedlings should be watered, maintaining the temperature in the room not lower than 12 degrees. It is desirable to transfer to the soil already at the order on seedlings from 3 to 5 leaves.
"Erofey" from the Russian hinterland
This real wagon is like for any culinary experiments. The variety amazes everyone with its paradox. On a thick, magnificently growing bush miniature Zelentsy "flaunt themselves" (only 6-7 cm). These oblong fruits are somewhat similar to chicken eggs, but with some differences. The peel has small tubercles and is decorated with symmetrical light green stripes. The type of flowering in the variety "Erofey" is mixed.
In open ground, seedlings are transferred at a temperature of + 15 ° C. In this case, the beds need to weed, removing weeds and loose soil. During the growing season does not need to neglect top dressing. It is worth watering the culture in the evening hours.
In addition to the above-mentioned varieties, many farmers have successfully "collaborated" with other hybrid varieties. Among them is the popular "Phoenix", for which on the garden it is necessary to build a temporary shelter from the film. But this is only at first. While the "Far East" withstands almost all the vagaries of nature.
Grow even in the shade
Separate descriptions deserve varieties of cucumbers, which are suitable for shady places. Each suburban area has a different degree of relief. Because of this, there are areas that are heated by the sun is not fully. They do not recommend planting peppers, tomatoes or eggplants. In this scenario, greenhouses virtually no space in the garden. To help gardeners came breeders. They brought out several varieties of cucumbers, which perfectly "get along" in shady areas. They need to get acquainted closer.
"F1 firm secret" found
A rather humid microclimate is created in the shade. The genetic characteristics of this hybrid make it protected from powdery mildew, as well as moldy fungus. In turn, only one or two flowers are pollinated on the stem. After 38 days, young fluffy fruits appear in their place. They grow to almost 14 cm and weigh about 120 g. A sharp nose and a thin cucumber neck harmoniously complement each other. Its greenish skin is covered with sparse and randomly scattered pimples. The plant is mostly low-growing, so the crop is sown early.
"Murom 36" - the address of the monastery or factory
On the boundaries of the garden and garden, you can easily plant a whole "avenue" of this culture. On the expiration of literally 1.5 months, greens will be ready for use. Yet this hybrid is bred solely for salting. The main characteristics of the variety include the following:
- relatively smooth surface covered with small tubercles,
- length not more than 8 cm
- in section it resembles an ellipse.
Up to 15 of August, the plant bears fruit at a heightened pace. Based on 1 square. m turns 4 kg. Still, then the leaves and stalks fall into fungal diseases, which is why the culture gradually disappears.
Harvesting should be carried out in a short time. The peel literally gets a yellowish tint per day. Therefore, they should be plucked as often as possible.
How are we dear "Moscow evenings F1"
The yield of this hybrid type is more than 16 kg per square meter. This is despite the fact that it grows in partial shade. For residents of the middle band, this sort of real find. Gorgeous fruit with several tubercles reaches 14 centimeters in length. The advantages of this culture are:
- female type of flowering (do not need pollination)
- shoots lagging heavily
- branches are located on a powerful stem,
- almost simultaneous ripening.
Yet these greenhouses are afraid of a sharp drop in temperature, so they are not suitable for the autumn-winter season.
You can grow them using the trellis method or build a base in the shape of a hut..
Private garden on the balcony
The gardener's instinct manifests itself in many townspeople. However, due to the tight schedule and remoteness of rural areas, it’s not so easy to turn your ideas into reality. This trouble is solved very simply. To do this, just pick the best varieties of cucumbers for the balcony. As a result, an unprecedented appetite will be played out from the crisp sound of nibbling from the greens of all neighbors.
"Swallowtail F1" - almost relatives of large butterflies
Balconies, verandas, loggias, as well as greenhouses can be a great place for this gherkin type. The elongated stem releases short sprouts that do not grow. Refined rough leaves look exquisitely in the home interior. Due to its excellent taste, cucumbers are suitable for both salads and pickles. From one node grows up to 10 Zelentsov, 7 or 11 cm long (60-100 g each). The diameter of the fruit is no more than 3.5 cm. But not only the “Machaon” possesses such characteristics. The following types of cucumbers “get along” perfectly with this culture:
- "Biryusa" "
- "Nezhensky local."
This description includes only 15 of the best varieties of cucumbers for the middle band, but there are tens of thousands in the world. Yet without the hard work of a gardener, any of them will simply wither.