Thanks to a combination of stable yield and unpretentiousness, the Golden Miracle Pepper is a frequent and desirable "inhabitant" of garden beds in most regions of our country. Long-term keeping quality and good immunity add to its popularity among gardeners. Vegetable is good and tasty in fresh, frozen and canned form.
Origin and description of the variety
Its originator is the agricultural company “Search”. Since 2007, the Golden Miracle Pepper is located in the State Register of Russia, having recommendations for cultivation both in closed greenhouses and in the open ground. The creators have identified the variety as mid-season, but the experience of numerous practitioners makes it possible to refer it also to medium-sized peppers. The period from the appearance of sprouts to the technical ripeness of the vegetable is 115-125 days. Biological maturity (full color of the fruit in the characteristic color of the variety) occurs one to two weeks after the technical one, at which the fruit is suitable for consumption.
Pepper is considered medium growth, the height of the bushes does not exceed 60 cm. The leaves are large, pointed shape, dark green shade.
The yield declared by the creators is 4-5 kg per square meter (subject to the necessary agrotechnical requirements, up to 16 perch from a bush). Prism-shaped peppers, slightly elongated in shape, reach 12-14 cm in length and up to 9 cm in width. The average fruit weight reaches 180-200 g, the largest specimens are about 250 g. It is one of the thickest-walled species (7-8 mm thick), with a crispy taste. The color of the peppers of the technical ripeness phase is green, of the biological phase is dark yellow, the skin is glossy.
Sweet-tasting and juicy, fleshy fruits with a typical aroma fully deserve high quality evaluation.
Characteristics of the "golden pepper" explain its increased popularity among domestic gardeners:
- unpretentious and shows a high resistance to many diseases (in particular, wilt diseases), is slightly damaged by insects,
- To the description of the Pepper Golden Miracle, add the versatility mentioned above: the vegetable is good in fresh, frozen, dried, pickled or pickled. Used in first, second dishes, salads and sauces,
- transportation is well tolerated, subject to the necessary conditions, the original freshness lasts up to three weeks.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Thanks to its features, it is possible to land the “Miracle” both in the open ground and in the greenhouse. It is perfect for cultivation in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova or any other territory with a not too cold climate. Everywhere gardeners observed high germination of seeds sown.
A bush of bell pepper itself grows not very large, the average height varies in the range from 50 to 70 cm. But at the same time, it has a powerful root system. Put them "butt" is not worth it. And the first harvest can be expected after 100−130 days - Golden Miracle pepper is ranked as medium-early varieties, the yield of which reaches 5 kg per square meter.
Green fruits are formed from the ovary. As they mature, they grow and stretch out, acquiring their juicy yellow color, reflected in the name. A more detailed description of the external type and characteristics of peppers:
- the shape is elongated, has a longitudinal structure,
- the dimensions are quite large, the length of the fruit can reach 12 cm, the thickness of the “walls” is about 8 mm,
- the weight of one pepper is on average 100-250 g,
- the pulp is juicy, crunchy and aromatic.
They are great for fresh use., cooking or canning. Long shelf life makes the grade convenient for transportation and sale.
Sowing technology - practical advice
Despite unpretentiousness, Bulgarian pepper needs to observe the basic rules and conditions necessary for the cultivation of any varieties. One of these, for example, is a sufficient amount of sunlight.
It is possible to plant the Golden miracle either with the help of pre-grown seedlings, or through direct sowing of seeds directly into the ground. But the second option is suitable for planting in greenhouses.
Along with this, for better germination and yield, follow the tips:
- the seeds are demanding for light and heat, so they are nevertheless better to germinate as seedlings and only then plant them in the soil,
- the soil must be fertile, otherwise the lack of nutrients will cause the ovaries to partially or completely subside,
- planting seeds depends on the climate: in colder regions, it is desirable to start seedling as early as February, and in the south to wait for the beginning of March,
- if onions, beans or carrots were grown in the beds before, then the yield of pepper will be higher,
- but planting after eggplant, tomatoes and potatoes, on the contrary, will worsen fruiting,
- the open field for sowing should not be obscured if a strong cold wind “walks” there - it will need to be further protected,
- Bulgarian pepper grows well on loamy soil,
- manure, bird droppings, peat or rotted sawdust can be used as fertilizers.
Seeds should be processed, for which a weak manganese solution or special ready-made preparations are used. While boric acid or hydrogen peroxide can bring not so much benefit as harm to the future plant. Before planting in an open area, young seedlings are recommended to be hardened.
Perfect moment for planting is the time when it is already warm outside and the temperature reaches 20−22 degrees, and the weather is not sunny. The beds are calculated at a rate of 50 by 35 cm for each individual bush.
If you don’t go into complex details and subtleties, then the Golden Miracle of Pepper requires the gardener to fulfill the following conditions: high-quality watering, timely feeding with microelements, weeding and weed control. And also as required the bushes are tied up - it will help to distribute the load on the stem and reduce the risk of some diseases.
Fortunately, it is often not necessary to feed a plant with fertilizers: for the entire period of growth, flowering and ripening of fruits, the variety is fed no more than three times, the first of which occurs at the time the bush has 2 true leaves.
Watering, in turn, should be moderate. It is advisable to find a "middle ground" so as not to abundantly, but not to poor. Water should be taken warm and necessarily defended.
Description and characteristics of the variety
In the description of the Golden Miracle varieties of pepper, a rather detailed description of the bush, fruit, yield, etc. is given. The variety is the Golden Miracle of the American selection, but it has a very good survival rate in different climatic conditions.
Pepper is quite unpretentious, resistant to low temperatures and Fusarium. It can be grown in a temperate climate. The variety is medium early. Intends for cultivation both in the greenhouse, and in an open ground.
Can be grown not only in the summer cottage, garden, but also on an industrial scale. Bushes are quite strong, reach a height of 0.7 m. The root is powerful. The leaves are wide, dark green color, their ends are pointed. Fruits are large, fleshy, juicy, bright yellow. Ripen 110-120 days after sowing. Grow in the direction of the soil.
Productivity varieties high, fruit bushes for a long time. With one bush can collect up to a kilogram of fruit, with 1 square. m - about 5 kg.
Taste is pleasant, suitable for use raw, in salads and for preparations for the winter.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Like any culture, pepper "Golden Miracle" has its advantages and disadvantages. Naturally, there are more advantages than disadvantages:
- survival rate in any climate
- the possibility of growing both in greenhouses and in the open field,
- resistance to temperature changes
- resistance to diseases and pests
- high yield
- prolonged fruiting
- good taste,
- beautiful view,
- high level of keeping quality
- resistance to transportation,
- long storage,
- universality in the use (in the raw, for dishes, for preparations),
- high content of nutrients.
- does not tolerate both dryness and high humidity,
- requires special care in growing seedlings,
- is quite fragile, therefore, it requires special care in handling.
Features of growing
Among the features in the cultivation of this variety can be called the universality of conditions for planting seeds.
Traditionally, peppers are grown in a seedling way, but the seeds can be planted indoors and in a greenhouse or greenhouse, and right in the open ground. In whatever conditions you grow seedlings, you need to remember the basic general rules:
- Seeds need to be treated with a weak solution of manganese and germinate in wet gauze.
- Use fertile soil. As a rule, it is a mixture of turf, humus and peat in a ratio of 2: 2: 1, with the addition of sand.
- Plant seeds in a moist soil to a depth of 0.5-0.7 cm. Do not clap.
- For germination, be sure to cover the film.
- Maintain temperature, light and humidity conditions.
- After the appearance of the third sheet to stop.
- Sprout water moderately.
If you planted seedlings in room conditions, a greenhouse or greenhouse, then before planting it in the ground it should be gradually, within 12-14 days, hardened.
It is necessary to land in the ground when the soil is already well warmed up, and on the sprouts - 4-5 leaves each. If the seeds are immediately planted in the ground, then you need to open the film, ranging from 1 hour of open air, bringing to full daylight, and then fully open.
Choosing a place for planting pepper, you need to take into account the favorable factors of growth and productivity. The place should be well lit, protected from the wind.
The soil is suitable loamy, fertile, well-retaining moisture. Planting scheme: 4 bushes per 1 m in a row, 0.5 m - between the rows. In a variety of capricious seedlings, but care for planted bushes is simple: watering, weeding, loosening, fertilizer.
Pepper should be watered moderately, preventing the soil from drying out. With the advent of fruits, watering is necessary to become more frequent, since the meatiness and juiciness of fruits, their size depends on it.
Watering necessarily under the root of warm settled water. Since the variety has roots close to the surface, it is impossible to loosen close to the bush. In this case, the soil is better to mulch sawdust or chopped straw. So the moisture will be retained, and the crust will not form. The same applies to weeding. It is impossible to work as sap between bushes.
If the roots are damaged, the plant may die. You can weed the aisle. In the ranks, remove the weeds by hand, carefully cutting off, rather than pulling them out.
You need to feed the plants four times: after arresting seedlings, after planting in the ground, in the period of growth before flowering, in the period of the formation of fruits.
Seedlings after cupping and immediately after landing in the ground are fertilized with complex organic fertilizer. During the growth period before flowering, the pepper needs a nitrogen-phosphorus top-dressing when fruits are formed. — in top dressing with potash or complex fertilizer.
Diseases and pests
As already mentioned, the “Golden Miracle” pepper variety is resistant to diseases and pests. To protect the plant, it is necessary to carry out prevention.
If the plant has signs of disease or exposure to pests, then you need to make the treatment of funds purchased in a specialized store.
In the stage of technical maturity pepper "Golden Miracle" is dark green. In this form, it does not break. As soon as it begins to turn yellow, you can eat.
Fully matured is considered a dark yellow pepper with a glossy skin. Tear off the peppers must be very careful not to damage other fruits, stems and branches.
Since the plant has a very long fruiting period, the crop is harvested gradually as it matures. If frosts began to fall in the fall, and the pepper still fructifies, safely tear off all the remaining fruits, since they have the property of ripening in warm conditions.
Pepper "Golden miracle" worthy of attention gardeners. First of all, it is simply indispensable as a source of vitamins. In addition to the beautiful presentation, it will decorate the site, thanks to its bright fruits.
Characteristics and description of the variety
When you are faced with the choice of what kind of pepper this year to try and grow on your own plot, you should opt for the variety “Golden Miracle”. It is quite juicy and fleshy, so the variety is universal in its application.
Height, weight, color, shape
The height of the bush is 65 cm and at the same time the root system is quite powerful. These two indicators ensure good vertical stability when cultivated in the open field. Fruits that have reached maturity have:
- large size up to 12 cm in length,
- the wall thickness is 8 mm,
- pepper form is convenient for its stuffing - an elongated cube divided into fractions,
- the weight of a single fetus reaches 250 gr.,
- the pulp is filled with juice and fragrant smell, which is inherent in bell pepper,
- upon reaching maturity, the color of the fruit becomes bright yellow from it and the name of the variety has gone.
Fruits ripen on the 115th day after the seeds have proklunulis. Therefore, it is considered a medium grade. But on the ripening of fruits, rather, for their duration, the natural conditions also have their effect. That is, if the summer is cold and rainy, the ripening time increases by 10-15 days.
Terms of planting seedlings
The timing of sowing seeds depends on the region in which the Bulgarian pepper will be grown. The southern regions are planting Bulgarian pepper seeds in early March. Northern regions in mid-February. It should be noted that if the pepper is grown in a greenhouse, then sowing is carried out 14 days earlier.
Reviews of those who planted
Seeds acquired in a specialty store, there were a few of them, about 20 pieces, but all went up. The seedlings grew without attacks and the harvest pleased me. Pepper was cubic, slightly elongated, it is good to use in cooking.
Every year I plant several bushes of this variety. Fruits are large, fleshy. The harvest is always big.
The harvest always makes me happy for its taste and the number of fruits located on the bush. The only thing if the summer is given dry, the variety requires regular watering. After it, the fruit just poured juice. Variety Golden miracle is always present in my garden.
The grade possesses positive properties:
- It is grown in different climatic zones.
- Well resists various fungal diseases.
- It tolerates temporary cooling.
- It has a prolonged period of fruiting.
- Excellent as taste, and commodity qualities.
- Does not require special care for the cultivation.
- It has a long shelf life.
- Seeds sprout fine without lunge.
From the way experienced gardeners speak about this variety, this variety does not have disadvantages and is therefore a frequent visitor to their beds.
In which regions are grown
This type of bell pepper is ideally suited for cultivation in countries such as:
But it is worth remembering that in the northern regions of Russia in the suburban areas can also grow sweet peppers, only he will need to create greenhouse conditions.
Harvesting begins at the moment when the pepper begins to turn yellow. In this case, it will have a longer shelf life. In the yellow form with full ripeness, even in the refrigerator, it will be stored no more than a week.
If there are a lot of bushes and they have not yet sprouted, then in the fall, when cold weather sets in, some can be covered with covering material, and the rest can be harvested as it is. By spreading it in a single layer in a dark place, he will mature at home.
Briefly about the plant and its fruits
Characteristics and description of the variety Golden Miracle:
- After sowing seeds in the ground, a full crop of pepper ripens in 100-130 days.
- The height of the bushes of the Golden Wonder reaches 70 cm, but most of the stems grow to 55-60 cm. The leaves of the plant are rather large, painted in dark green tones.
- Fruits have walls whose thickness ranges from 6 to 8 mm. The shape of the fruit is close to an elongated cube, divided by several lobes.
- Pepper weight ranges from 0.15 to 0.25 kg. Fruit pulp contains juice. Ripe pepper is painted in bright shades of yellow. The fruit is sweet to the taste.
Reviews of farmers who grow the Golden Miracle, show that the yield of the variety reaches 3-5 kg per square meter. m. beds. Gardeners note pepper resistance to different climatic conditions. The plant is immune from Fusarium, it does not affect other fungal diseases.
The golden wonder quite easily adapts to sudden temperature changes. Gardeners note that pepper bears fruit for a long period. At the same time high commodity and taste qualities of fruits remain. The plant is quite unpretentious, but when it is diluted it is recommended to fulfill all the requirements of specialists. A distinctive feature of the Golden miracle is 100% germination of its seeds.
Pepper can be stored for a long time, well transported transportation. Some gardeners indicate the possibility of death of seedlings when using certain mineral fertilizers. Они отмечают, что молодые кустики гибли при внесении комплексных удобрений в грунт. Опытные садоводы рекомендуют выращивать Золотое чудо с помощью органических смесей (куриный помет, навоз, компост, торф).
If, however, the gardener decided to use mineral fertilizers, then you need to know the exact dosage of the mixture.
In Russia, the Golden Miracle is growing in open fields in the southern regions. It is recommended to grow peppers in film greenhouses and greenhouses in the open spaces of the middle lane and in the northern regions.
The variety is grown by planting seeds directly into the ground of the greenhouse or is bred with seedlings. Planting seed in the northern regions is made in mid-February. If the farmer lives in the southern part of Russia, then this period is shifted to early March.
Planting material must first be disinfected with a weak solution of potassium permanganate or special preparations, and then germinated. The seeds are treated with stimulants, soaked in water, laid on a cotton cloth, covered with gauze on top. After the appearance of the roots of the seeds, they can be planted on the beds in the greenhouse. Pepper grows well on soils, where it was grown legumes, onions, carrots. The harvest will be reduced by 40% if the gardener sows the seeds in the ground where potatoes, tomato, eggplant were grown.
Seedlings are grown in boxes with fertile soil. The first shoots appear after 5 days. In the room where there are boxes of seedlings, it is necessary to maintain a temperature of +20 ° C. Water sprouts once a week, using warm water for this. Feed young bushes with fresh organic fertilizers.
Before planting on a permanent ground, it is recommended to harden the plants during the week. Seedlings are planted in beds in the format 0.5 X 0.35 m. If the pepper is cultivated in an open area, the beds should be well lit. This area should be protected from wind and draft.
You can increase the harvest if you plant the plants on loamy soil, which is fertilized with manure, rotted sawdust, peat. Although the Golden Wonder can withstand a sharp temperature drop, it is better to cover the bushes with a film or warm material for the first 10 days after planting the seedlings on the beds.
In order for the bushes to take root well on the ground, they are recommended to be planted on a warm cloudy day at an air temperature not lower than +22 ° C.
Care for growing bushes
Golden miracle needs timely watering. It is carried out 1 time per week, using warm water, located in the sun. Do not allow water to enter the pepper leaves, otherwise on sunny days the plant will get a severe burn. Water the bushes need a moderate amount of fluid. The procedure is carried out at sunrise in the early morning or at sunset in the evening.
How to plant pepper?
Most gardeners and gardeners are accustomed to the seedling method, but there is also a sowing method of cultivation.
Rules to follow:
- Be sure to consider the fact that the planting material is very fond of heat and light, so before planting the plant, the seeds need to be processed and germinated.
- How to determine when to plant? Pay attention to your climate. If you live in the northern part, you need to land in February, and if it is more southern, then the ideal time for germination is the first days of March. Please note that before planting in the ground, the processes must reach 2 - 3 months of age.
- Use only fertile land, ideally chernozem. In no case do not place the pepper in the place where he was last year.
- An excellent crop can be harvested by planting it in places where legumes, carrots, onions, beets and cabbage were previously grown. In those places where there were previously tomatoes, potatoes, corn, it is not worth growing peppers.
- It is advisable to grow on a site that is not blown by the winds and is not shaded.
- If you plant pepper in the ground, which was fertilizer with peat, rotted manure or sawdust, you will get an excellent result.
For processing, you can use a weak solution of potassium permanganate, but still it will be better to purchase a ready-made product.
In order for the plant to better root and bear fruit, planting should be carried out on a warm but overcast day.
Do I need to fertilize?
A huge disadvantage of a sweet Californian is that in a non-germinated state he is very demanding and improper care at this moment leads to the death of all the seeds.
Let's talk about "dressing". We use only organic or complex fertilizer.
It should be carried out 4 times from the moment you picked up the seeds:
Important! In no case can not add nitrogen fertilizer during flowering - the bush will be huge, and the fruits may not be formed.
How and when to harvest
Technical maturity has a dark green color. At this moment it is still too early to tear. As soon as the yellowed areas are noticeable - pepper can be used in food and for canning.
Fully mature can be considered a fruit that has found a dark or bright yellow glossy color.
Peel off the pepper with great care, so as not to damage other fruits and fruitful stems. Due to long-term fruiting, harvesting occurs as it ripens. Even if frost suddenly comes in the fall, you can not worry about the missing crop, pick it and leave it in a warm place, this variety tends to ripen at home.
Preparing for the winter
If you want to “close” the sweet pepper for the winter, it is advised to preserve it at that moment when the fruit has not fully ripened. Usually housewives add it to salads with tomatoes and cucumbers. You can also close separately. It is worth noting that the lecho of this variety is excellent.
Variety of Bulgarian pepper "Golden Miracle" - really a miracle. I have been growing it for some years now and I can say that in addition to the chic taste, it pleases the eye in the garden with its colors. I will give a little advice to reduce the likelihood of infection by any diseases and increase the brightness of the fruit, before planting in the ground, treat the earth with copper sulphate.
Pepper is great. Form, weight, appearance and yield at the highest level. This variety is ideal for home and use, and for large-scale cultivation. In order not to suffer from transplantation, separation of seedlings, etc., immediately, when sowing, plant in plastic cups. And during landing in the ground the distance between the bushes, leave at least 25 centimeters.