Creating fertilizer from weeds and grass is a convenient way to get a natural, harmless dressing for crops growing in the garden. The composting method is usually used, but it takes 2-3 years. There is a faster option that allows you to get high-quality fertilizer in just a week - this is a liquid fertilizer in a barrel.
The advantages of liquid fertilizer
The advantages of this method mass:
- Liquid dressing in the barrel matures fairly quickly, so soon after cooking you will be able to use ready-made organic fertilizer from weeds.
- Liquid fertilizer is absorbed by plants much faster than compost.
- The nitrogen-supplemented feed quickly and effectively reduces the acidity of the soil, making it more comfortable for crops.
- Useful bacteria that decompose grass and weeds, get together with fertilizer into the soil, where they continue their active work, increasing the nutritional value of the soil and protecting crops from disease and pests.
The added top dressing has a prolonged effect: gardeners using such a technique note that the beds fed by this technology are characterized by high yields for several seasons.
Anaerobic conditions created in a barrel with fermenting natural fertilizer create a disinfecting effect, so any organic waste that is unsuitable for composting due to its potential harm can be placed in a container (farts, diseases affected by tops, weeds with seeds, etc.).
In an aggressive environment for them, all pathogens will die, and the seeds will decompose into fertilizer.
Fertilizer from weeds is a natural nitrogen-containing top dressing, which will allow you to feed crops and soil with necessary elements practically without financial expenses, because the “raw material” for it is always at the gardener's handy.
Before filling the barrel with raw materials, it is necessary to choose the optimal place for its location. Typically, the capacity is placed in the center of the garden - it is much more convenient to provide all the needles with a liquid top-dressing from weeds.
It is desirable to place a barrel for fertilizer from weeds in a sunny place, heating its contents will significantly accelerate the processes of fermentation and fermentation.
For cooking, any barrels with tight-fitting lids are used. It is best to take plastic containers - they are not subject to corrosion and will last longer.
The volume of the tank can be from 50 to 200 liters.
- Install the barrel in the selected location.
- Fill the container with at least half the raw material. If you have enough weeds and mowed grass, you can pour a full tank, then the dressing will be as concentrated and thick as possible. Raw materials can be put entirely, but to speed up the preparation of top dressing it is better to grind.
- To increase the rate of preparation of top dressing from weeds and support the processes of natural fermentation, either any nitrogenous preparation, or a few drops of humate fertilizer, or 1 tbsp. urea, or 1-3 liters of waste from the toilet.
- The barrel is filled with water (but not to the brim) and closed with a lid or plastic. It is important to provide an opportunity for the release of gases actively released during fermentation, leaving a small gap or making holes in the polyethylene. It is impossible to leave the barrel open, because in this case the nitrogen will oxidize and the decomposition processes will slow down.
All components of the finished fertilizer will find their application in your garden - the liquid part will serve as a nutrient feed for growing crops, and the semi-decomposed grass mass will be used for mulching cucumbers, pumpkins, zucchini, cabbage.
The video below shows in detail the process of making nutritional supplements from weeds and grass. With the help of this detailed step-by-step instructions, you can repeat the algorithm on your site and provide the crops in your garden with useful liquid fertilizer and mulch:
Determine fertilizer readiness
The speed of cooking dressing directly depends on weather conditions and the stage of production. At primary loading of a barrel fertilizer, as a rule, becomes within 2 weeks.
On hot days, fermentation and fermentation processes are most active, so this period can be reduced to 1-1.5 weeks. When reloading the barrel with raw materials in the presence of a “ferment” at the bottom, the fertilizer will be ready after 4-7 days.
Determine the readiness of fertilizer can be a number of specific characteristics:
- Smell. From the container with overheating grass begins to emanate a peculiar smell of "barn".
- Colour. The liquid acquires a rich greenish-brown color.
- Fermentation. On the surface of the finished dressing bubbles appear, talking about active fermentation processes.
In the process of fermentation, plant material decomposes, releasing carbon dioxide and ammonia. Interacting with water, the latter forms ammonia - an incredibly beneficial compound for the soil, which is not found in either compost or cow manure.
How to apply liquid fertilizer?
The contents of the barrel must be thoroughly mixed with a pitchfork, and then the whole grass mass will be fished by them, carefully squeezed over the bucket. The cake can be decomposed on polyethylene and slightly dried, or immediately wet them into zucchini, squash, pumpkin, cabbage, or pristvolnye circles of fruit trees.
The resulting nutrient fluid must be diluted with water 1: 1 and apply it as a normal nitrogenous liquid feed. Fertilizer is better in the evening after watering.
It is best to react to such dressing cucumbers and cabbage: it is recommended to “treat” them after flowering and when forming ovaries with 10 liters of diluted solution per week per bush. Peppers, tomatoes, strawberries and eggplants need 2 liters per week.
When 3-4 feeding buckets remain at the bottom of the barrel, you can start a new cycle by starting to fill the tank with fresh weeds and grass. When re-cooking liquid fertilizer it ripens twice as fast. Nitrogen-containing drugs do not need to make any more - bacteria that actively multiply in water will cope well with the tasks set without a mineral “helper”.
Overdoing with nitrogenous natural fertilizer is not worth it, otherwise the culture will "go" to the tops and will not give a big harvest. It is also recommended to stop the useful watering closer to September, otherwise the perennial plants will not have time to prepare for winter. It is better not to feed fruit trees and bushes from mid-summer.
With a nourishing infusion, you can plentifully shed the beds until the autumn, after the crops have been completely harvested from the beds, so you disinfect the soil and feed it with nitrogen, which is necessary for spring plant growth.
How to make fertilizer from green plants?
It is necessary to mow or pick herbs, chop it, lay in a two-liter barrel. The barrel should not be iron, but plastic. It must be filled tightly with weeds half. Then we fill the container to the top with water and put it on a sunny place for fermentation. Since during fermentation comes from the infusion of a specific unpleasant odor - be sure to cover the barrel with a shield or plastic wrap.
Fertilizer preparation time takes about two weeks. During this time, water draws nitrogen and other nutrients from plants, which are so necessary for garden and garden plants. It is known that nitrogen perfectly stimulates the development of green mass, whereas phosphorus is responsible for the growth and development of the root part, and potassium affects taste.
Top dressing is considered finished when foam appears on its surface and the smell of ammonia emanates. Ready infusion has brown-green color.
How to apply grass fertilizer?
In no case can this feed be applied with non-diluted water. Because the finished green fertilizer is a concentrate that in its pure form can burn the leaves and roots of garden crops.
Dilute herbal infusion must be clean water in the ratio of 1:10, only then it can be safely used to feed the crops without fear of harming them.
To feed a fruit tree, it is necessary to pour out 3-4 buckets of fertilizer under its root. To feed a shrub, one bucket will be enough. For garden crops 1-2 liters are enough for each bush. It should be noted that before dressing the soil should be moistened with clean water.
Options for improving the usefulness of liquid feeding
In order to achieve maximum results from using green fertilizer, You can add crushed pond plants to it before fermentation.: reed and sedge. This will significantly increase the saturation of the infusion with many microelements and vitamins.
You can also add organic and mineral substances, for example:
On a barrel of liquid fertilizer you need to make about a bucket of wood ash, 5 tbsp. superphosphate, half a kilo of bird droppings or 4-5 kg of cow manure.
Important information: Fertilizer with additives of organic and mineral substances must be diluted before use in water at a ratio of 1:20.
You can offer another option to increase the effectiveness of the infusion.
Before breeding concentrated herbal infusion, add yeast to it at the rate of: for 10 l of fertilizer 300 g of yeast. Before use, dilute the resulting liquid with water 1:25. Yeast contains many elements of the periodic table, and soda and chalk. All this in combination with a grass extract nitrogen extract increases the yield in multiple sizes.
Nettle green fertilizer
It turns out that nettles can be used not only in the food and drug industry, it can still be a great nitrogen-containing fertilizer. Probably from the effective, and especially free food for the plants will not refuse any gardener.
Nettle can really improve the growth and development of cultivated plants and help achieve eye-catching yields.
To prepare the infusion nettle desirable to take before flowering.
Preparing dressing as follows. Put 1 kg of green, finely chopped nettle leaves on a bucket of water. Cover with a lid and set in the sun to speed up fermentation. Mix the solution once a day. After 10-14 days the concentrate is ready. Strain it through a sieve and pour it into plastic bottles. The solution before fertilizing crops should be diluted in a ratio of one to ten.
Feed the plants preferably 1 time in 2-3 weeks, pre-watered the soil with plain water. If a rainstorm has passed, it should be fertilized more often, since this will flush out many useful elements necessary for plant nutrition from the surface layers of the soil.
Dosages for various types of crops are the same as for conventional weed fertilizers.
Nuances of cooking and using herbal infusion
- It is best to apply this type of feeding in the spring and during the summer. In the fall, nitrogenous substances are not needed by plants in such quantities.
- Do not do excessive feeding. Remember that everything is good in moderation. An excess of nitrogen can lead to the growth of tops to the detriment of fruits.
- The finished fertilizer has beneficial properties within one week from the time of preparation. Later it loses its qualities and is already ineffective. For subsequent feeding, you need to make a new infusion.
- The concentrate can be used to spray plants from aphids and other pests. Insects do not tolerate the smell of infusion and die. For example, you can spray currants, cucumbers, melons and gourds or carrots from aphids. Preparing the infusion is easy, and the effect of it will be immediately obvious.
- Weeds that are left after nitrogen extraction from them should not be thrown away. They can be used as mulch on any beds. The decayed grass perfectly protects the soil from drying out, retards the growth of weeds, and also nourishes the earth with useful nutrients.
- Waste can also be used to prepare compost liquids — various rotten fruits, pruning of any vegetables and fruits, etc. This will add additional beneficial properties to green grass fertilizer.
- Putting a vat of fertilizer is better not far from the beds with plants that you plan to feed. Because of this, you do not have to carry heavy buckets across the garden to a certain bed.
Growing a variety of vegetables and fruits is hard work. But if you use the right approach, you will not be left without success and grow the best fruits!
How to make grass fertilizer
For the preparation of fertilizers will need:
- Barrel with a lid (or any other container and a suitable lid, only a plastic container will fit, in no case an iron one)
- Grass, weeds, tops of garden plants (not infected with diseases)
- Additionally, you can use urea (1 tbsp.)
The preparation process is simple: chop the grass, chop it into several parts, fill the barrel with 30% grass, add water, add manure or urea, periodically mix the contents of the barrel, wait about 2 weeks for the fermentation process to start.
When bubbles appear on the surface of the barrel and the smell of ammonia and manure is noticeable, it means that the infusion of the grass is ready and can be watered. First you need to remove the green mass, mix the liquid and leave about 2 buckets of finished fertilizer to fill the next batch of weeds. Extracted grass can be used as mulch. For the process to go on continuously, every 2 weeks it is necessary to change the old greenery to a new one, add water.
- Bird droppings or manure, as a replacement for urea, due to the nitrogen content.
- Ash. The result is a complex fertilizer, due to the content of potassium and phosphorus in wood ash. It should be added together with the laying of grass, at the rate of 1 cup of ash on a bucket of grass.
- Bone or dolomite flour, which contains a large amount of calcium and magnesium, 3 kg per barrel.
- Yeast - to enhance the fermentation processes.
What herbs can you use
For liquid fertilizer fit any weeds growing in the garden, you only need to take into account, if there are a shortage of which elements, they will be most effective.
If there is a shortage of nitrogen, it is necessary to prepare fertilizer with clover, quinoa, wood lice, amaranth, nettle and with those plants whose root system is superficial.
With a lack of potassium and phosphorus, the fertilizer should be prepared from a sweet clover, sorrel, sleepy, comfrey and dandelion, that is, plants with a taproot. You need to use both the root and the green part of the plant.
How to water
Watering plants with liquid fertilizer is not allowed., because it is of very high concentration. It should be diluted with water 1 to 10.
- cabbage and cucumbers - 1 bucket of diluted fertilizer for 1 bush
- strawberry - 2 liters per 1 bush
- on one fruit tree - 3-4 buckets
- from August you can water the beds, without plants, to prepare them for the next season.
Liquid reed fertilizer
If a pond is located near the site, it is possible to please fruit crops with reed and sedge fertilizer. These weeds are also rich in microelements. For 50 liters of grass you need 1 bucket of ash and 0.5 kg of chicken manure. You can add chopped herbs growing on the site, and 1 l of "Baikal EM-1". Pour water to the edges of the barrel, close the lid and wait for the fermentation to start.
Nettle greens are rich in nitrogen because it absorbs it from the soil, and in the process of fermentation it will give up its fluids. It is prepared in the same way as liquid fertilizer from weeds, but nettles must be taken young, without seeds. In addition, until the infusion began to ferment, it can be used to combat aphids, which usually attack apples, currants, or cabbage. If you spray this infusion, the toxic substances and the smell of nettle will drive aphids. Radish, Chinese cabbage and arugula need spraying nettle extract in the presence of cruciferous flea.
Garlic, onions and legumes can not be watered with nettle infusion, but all berries, fruits, vegetables and flowers will gladly accept it. If you water the land with this infusion, earthworms will start.
Top dressing tomato
Top dressing from nettle and comfrey is ideal for a tomato, and for fast ripening a tomato, in addition they can be sprayed with infusion of nettle. This is a good infusion to protect against diseases and to obtain large fruits. Nettle greens are an ideal mulch to protect tomatoes from slugs and to prevent soil drying out.
To prepare liquid fertilizer from grass for strawberries need with the addition of nettle and bread. Due to the yeast and nitrogen, strawberries form new shoots, and potassium has a beneficial effect on the taste of berries, making them sweeter. Nettle, bread crusts or fresh yeast it is necessary to fill with warm water and cover with a lid. After 5 days the fertilizer is ready. Dilute 1 to 10, water in cloudy weather, at the root.
Herbal infusions should be used during the active growth of the plant, in spring and early summer, because a large amount of nitrogen can provoke a rapid growth of green mass, damaging fruiting.
Green manure as fertilizer
Only for the sake of enriching the soil with nutrients, the farmers planted special types of plants on unused areas of the soil or as a mixed crop. В практике зeмледелия такое «зeлёное удобрение» примeняется ещё со врeмён Древней Грeции.
Roman scientist and writer Pliny the Elder in the 50s – 70s of our era voiced the following thought: “Everyone agrees that there is nothing more useful than lupine, if it is used before the formation of beans to be buried in the soil with a plow or bunches of lupine cut at the top of the pollen, close to the roots. fruit trees and bushes of grapes ... This is the same good fertility, as well as navoz. " That is, it has been known for a long time about the remarkable ability of plants to fertilize the soil - we can only enrich this knowledge with modern experience.
The benefits of the sideratov were known in ancient Greece and Rome
All plants that increase the fertility of the soil and are cultivated specifically for this, have a common name - siderats. Sideral crops suppress the growth of weeds, clean the soil from diseases and pests, are used in the form of mulch and as raw materials for preparing composts and liquid fertilizers. Surprisingly, the organic mass, which is formed from the combination of sunlight, air and water, is equivalent to manure, and sometimes it is much more effective than it!
As a greener one often uses:
- Fodder beans
- Vika winter, or shaggy
- Field peas, or peples
Legumes enrich the soil with organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium
- Oilseed radish
Many cruciferous - excellent siderata
These plants enrich the soil with organic matter, phosphorus and sulfur. In addition, mustard cleans the soil from the wire, and the oil radish actively suppresses the development of nematodes.
- Winter rye
Cereals are often used as siderats.
Grains enrich the soil with an organic substance, nitrogen and potassium. Buckwheat increases the content of phosphorus and potassium in the soil and is recommended for heavy soils, especially - between the rows of fruit crops.
Almost all siderata plants can be used as feed for domestic livestock.
One of the most successful fertilizers is compost. What is it, almost everyone who has a dacha knows. This is a very effective organic encouragement, which is obtained by decomposing (over heating) various organic substances.
Compost - effective fertilizer
For the preparation of compost, you can specially grow some plants - such as sunflower, alfalfa, oksopnik. And you can simply take the remains of country cultivated plants, sloping siderats and just any grass or fallen leaves.
What is not recommended to lay in the garden compost
- Flowering plants and seed plants
- Perennial rhizome weeds
- Horticultural wastes affected by pests and diseases
- Insect pests, their larvae and eggs
- Garden waste after use of herbicides (unless the manufacturer of herbicides indicates otherwise)
- Feces of humans and pets!
The next video is about how to make compost at your summer cottage. Experience is shared by Andrey Tumanov
Liquid "green" fertilizer
There is a way to get an effective organic fertilizer much faster than long-term composting of plant residues. This - infusions, liquid fertilizer.
What is good such green fertilizers:
- First, they are absorbed by the plant immediately.
- Secondly, the acidity of the soil decreases due to the alkaline reaction of the solution.
- Thirdly, a multitude of microorganisms enter the soil, the excretions of which have a protective effect.
How to cook liquid green fertilizer
Recipes for liquid fertilizer from green plants set. This recipe is one of the most common.
Approximately 3/4 in the barrel (it is also possible "to the eyeballs") lays the green mass of cut grass, tops, weeded directly with the roots of weeds, stepchildren, (herbs can be even with seeds), and all this is flooded with water to the top.
It remains to cover the top of the barrel. You can - a plastic film (then make a couple of holes in it for gas exchange), or you can just make it up with an improvised lid. It is desirable to fix the tape with tape or rope.
The resulting mixture is left for infusion and fermentation. A week and a half, and green fertilizer is ready for use. Its color is unclear-green-yellow, the smell is corresponding to fermented grass.
The following video introduces in detail the practical technology of manufacturing liquid green fertilizer. Konstantin, a summer resident with experience, shows and tells how it is done:
How to use liquid green fertilizer
The resulting infusion for dressings used in the ratio of 1:10, that is, a bucket of water - 1 liter of infusion. You should not do top dressing "thicker" - you can only harm the plant and burn its roots, as the infusion turns out to be quite concentrated. If you really want to make the dressing "stronger", conduct an experiment first on one plant, and only then put at risk all the beds.
After using the whole infusion, the remaining grass can be poured over with water and after a day or two it can be used for irrigation without diluting.
Olga Platonova tells about her recipe for complex liquid green fertilizer in the next video.
Tips from summer residents
- Lovely foliar top dressing serve as an infusion of nettle, alfalfa or comfrey with tansy, shepherd's bag and chamomile. It is good to add ashes and bone meal there.
- Liquid green fertilizer made of nettle, woodlice, clover, sprocket, bluegrass and fescue is perfect for feeding any vegetables
- Liquid dandelion leaf fertilizer does not fit for cabbage and beet
- For liquid fertilizer not recommended horse sorrel, wheatgrass, quinoa and buttercup, because, along with useful ones, they also contain harmful substances that inhibit the growth of vegetable crops
- I do not adviset for liquid fertilizer to use cereals - they are badly decomposed
- An indispensable fertilizer for acidophilous plants - hydrangeas, azaleas, rhododendron and camellias is “cotton flour”, which is made from oilcake after squeezing the oil from cotton seeds
- In the autumn of liquid fertilizer is useful to shed all the future beds.
- Some summer residents advise to add a little to fermentation urea
- Soil, watered with nettle extract, attracts earthworms.
And one more useful advice from an experienced summer resident. In the video - the preparation and use of liquid fertilizer from nettle.
So we finished a short excursion into the world of green fertilizers. And they were convinced that it is simple, natural, and very useful for the soil of our summer cottages (unless, of course, everything is done in moderation - that is, remember constantly: lack of knowledge cannot be replaced by an excess of fertilizers!)
There are still two months of summer and the whole autumn ahead, and during this time you can significantly enrich your land with live green organic!
How to make liquid fertilizer from grass for the garden? Simple recipe
Of course, this fertilizer is better to do in a bigger tank. The 200 liter barrel is ideal for him. Such a volume will allow you to fertilize all your landings at the site, if, of course, you have an average area, and not the whole field. Next you need to mow fresh grass, and lay it in this barrel. It is not necessary to fill it completely with grass, but only by half. Before preparing such a fertilizer, find a sunny place for the barrel, where it will be prepared much faster than in the shade. Calculate the preparation time of this fertilizer. Put it "ferment" early for a couple of weeks before you need it to feed your vegetables.
When you fill the barrel with grass, do not forget to tamp it there so that you do not have the barrel half empty. The grass should be there in a dense layer. When you're done with grass, pour water in there. Here you will need to fill the barrel completely with water. You can make this fertilizer from grass more nutritious. This is done with the help of superphosphate, which is simply dissolved in hot water, and then poured into this barrel. This substance you need 10 tablespoons. So that during fermentation there is no unpleasant smell, it is best to cover this barrel with polyethylene. It will take 10 days, and foam will appear on the surface of such liquid fertilizer. This means that the liquid is actively fermenting, and after a few days it will be possible to use the fertilizer.
When the fertilizer is prepared, the grass will need to be extracted and squeezed out well. Throw it away is not worth it, it will go for composting. In the liquid that you got in the barrel, you need to add another component - urea (pour 12 tablespoons), and besides it, the ash-based solution.
How to apply grass fertilizer?
Before you feed your vegetables, mix the liquid in the barrel well. You can do this any long enough stick. Further, the fertilizer will need to be diluted. The best option is 1 liter of this herbal infusion for an ordinary 10-liter bucket of water. If you want to feed any large fruit tree, then for it you need a bucket of 3 or 4 of this solution. On fruit bushes, or on vegetable beds, of course, fertilizers will go smaller. As for the feeding of fruit trees, many pierce the tree trunks with an iron bar, and pour fertilizer into these same punctures. As for the frequency of using such a fertilizer, it is usually used 3 times per season.
What grass to make such a fertilizer?
Yes, from any. Weeds, which we weed out of the garden, is also a very good option. You can take the grass and meadow, always fresh, which you just mowed. Nettle also shows itself well, it can really feed your cultivated plants, will increase their growth, and the harvest will seriously increase. Do not forget about dandelions too.
Here in this video you will be shown how to make this fertilizer from grass. We look.
Share this important information with your friends on social networks!
How to make grass compost
Before making grass compost, read the following recommendations and follow the recommended technology exactly.
1. The shorter it mow, the better. Mowing on a meadow, along a ditch or somewhere else is done on average once a month, although it is customary to mow lawns more often. With frequent mowing, we always have nitrogen-containing grass, because it is growing. Grass is, by and large, a weed. The grass feeds on the substances that our plants could get. For this reason, grass among fruit trees and near the beds should be mowed as often as possible and as short as possible in order to reduce its activity. Short regular mowing does not create a stiff hedgehog. In addition, short mowing does not allow the sprouts of trees and bushes (Canadian maple, aspen, birch and other self-sown and fast-growing species) to gain a foothold in the garden or at the fence. Without high "hemp" and with constant mowing, they simply die, and with high hemp and rare mowing, they get stronger and once they do not let the braid and especially the trimmer.
2. Grass does not need to be allowed to lie down and fall off; it should immediately be carried into a container with water. When green grass turns into hay, something changes in it, it no longer gives active fermentation even when nitrogen fertilizer is added. True, the fermentation will still be, just a liquid feeding will not be so nutritious. The most nutritious feeding of greenish color with a strong smell of manure, and it is obtained from fresh grass.
3. In plastic containers (barrels, buckets), grass is poured to the top, although this is not necessary, it can be done in half. The rest is water. In principle, this is enough for fermentation, but according to the classic technology developed by our gardeners, it is necessary to add a little nitrogenous fertilizer to speed up the process and to increase nutritional value. They make a choice (for a barrel of 200 liters): 1-2 tablespoons of urea (artificial urea, fertilizer), half a glass of liquid humates, a third of a bucket of diluted toilet waste. And well mixed with a special strong stick, such as from hazel.
In the literature, they often put a price on the solution “with an unpleasant odor”, they say, if it smells of ammonia, it means that the fermentation process is disturbed and it is necessary “to increase the proportion of carbon in the“ nitrogen-carbon ”ratio. This is bullshit! The stronger the smell of ammonia, the more in the solution of ammonium ion NH4 +, the more nutritious it is. It is not by chance that gardeners good-naturedly christened herbal fertilizer “stinker”. Dilute the resulting solution before using water in a ratio of 1: 3 or 1: 2 - and you will get excellent growth supplements, which garden plants need so much in June and early July, when nitrogen runs out in the soil and the growth of the bushes is not over.
How to make compost from grass
How to make compost from grass to fertilize the whole plot and how many containers to have in the garden? Yes, as far as it will be possible to collect green grass, so many tanks! If the weather is cold, then containers with preparing herbal fertilizer should be installed in the sun.
Top dressing prepares 10-14 days. Its ripening proceeds most rapidly at a temperature of 25-30 ° C. During this time, it is advisable to at least occasionally mix it (at least 2-3 times over the weekend). First, so that the fermentation proceeds evenly, and second, that the water takes in some oxygen (carbon dioxide CO2 is produced in the barrel — it bubbles — it requires oxygen). The stronger the smell, the more nutritious the dressing is.
The solution is scooped up and immediately used as a top dressing (this is done early in the morning, while everyone is sleeping, and in a short time the smell erodes from the soil surface) for crops that are currently experiencing active growth of shoots, peduncles. For crops that have already entered fruiting and which a lot of nitrogen is no longer required or may even harm, fertilizing is diluted more than 5 times or more. Its amount depends on the size of the plant. If you overdo it, add power evenly outside the crown projection. And be sure to water the plantings well after feeding.
6. Take the used grass to accumulative compost.
In the photo compost
We suggest you look at the photo compost and read some explanations about the principle of its action. Young green grass contains some nitrogen. In the tank with water, this nitrogen in the process of decomposition by microorganisms goes into solution in the form of ammonia, more precisely, ammonium ion. The formation of ammonia proceeds most rapidly if the contents of the barrel are stirred once a day or every other day for some saturation of water with oxygen. Then the contents begin to bubble rapidly, the liquid acquires the brown-green color of fresh manure. And the same smell (keep it covered with a lid, so as not to disturb others). It becomes turbid, as the most pliable tissues of the grass disintegrate and fiber particles create dregs, although in general the grass retains its strength. However, potassium passes from the cell sap into the solution. It turns out nitrogen-potassium supplement. Ammonia is produced “both from the inside of the grass and from the outside”: from its protein substances and from our supplements of the nitrogen source. Many are accustomed to add urea, as mentioned above, or some toilet waste. What is essentially the same thing (artificial and natural urea).
Some gardeners recommend using a special compost liquid that enriches it with additional nutrients. Concerning a carbamide it is necessary to express caution. The effect of it, of course, "stunning" means not only the smell, but also nutritional nutrition (its formula is (NH4) 2CO, it easily turns into ammonia, therefore, this small tablespoon can increase the nitrogen content in the barrel several times) . This is a good fertilizer for all, except for harmful impurities that fall during its production. Manufacturers, as usual, claim that their production is environmentally friendly, but the facts state that urea contains 1.4% of biuret - it is a toxic substance for plants, and 0.5% urea-formaldehyde resins are already toxic to humans. That is, in aggregate, 2% of poison is obtained, that is, 20 g per package in 1 kg. It turns out that if urea is used somehow in a garden plot, it is only in the autumn, for fertilizing the soil preparing for spring, that the harmful substances have time to collapse (with enzymes of the same blessed microfauna soil!). But just do not directly spray carbamide plants and do not use it in summer directly for root dressings and for grass fertilizer.
Of course, nothing will happen to plants once, because a couple of tablespoons of urea granules for a whole barrel is tolerable, but in the system it is already fraught with poisonings and illnesses. Poisoning a plant is always some kind of unexpected illness for him and another headache for a gardener ...
Remains of toilet waste. Or liquid humates, they are also suitable and coolly enrich the “stinker” with nutrients. Of course, both ordinary manure and bird droppings remain - they have long been attracted to the manufacture of herbal fertilizer, bringing them to choose from a generous handful in a barrel for the active start of fermentation.
Liquid organic fertilizer
Многие садоводы растят свои посадки, используя только жидкие органические удобрения, и получают замечательные результаты, потому что «вонючка» способствует быстрому росту и очень эффективна на стадии «разгона кустов», в июне-июле, с ее помощью кустам дают достичь своего максимального размера. Травяное удобрение при регулярном внесении повторяет действие навоза. Важно разводить его в 2-3 раза водой или сопровождать обильными поливами, тогда им можно подкармливать на ранней стадии развития практически все огородные культуры, даже лук, все бобовые и помидоры. And many crops - and at the middle stage of development: all cabbage, all pumpkin, corn, carrots, beets ... This fertilizer is quickly absorbed from the soil, so you can quickly stop the "rapid growth of tops" and thus switch plants to flowering and fruiting. Of course, nitrogen overfeeding happens, but this is like with any kind of fertilizer: there is no guarantee of safety without a personal experienced path.
As for herbal fertilizer, it is important to understand one more thing. We are not preparing it for potassium! I say this because in the literature, especially the “compilative” one, that is, they emphasize potassium. Even lead plants rich in potassium (for example, borage), from which it is necessary to prepare herbal fertilizer. Why divert the attention of our gardeners to this potassium? There is plenty of it in our clay soil, plus we bring it with all fertilizers (ash, liquid humates, etc., not to mention organic). Regarding the exact figures of the content of potassium in different types of soil - in any case, in all clay soils it is sufficient for plants in the original rock. Thus, potassium is an inevitable additive in the solution of herbal fertilizer, although it is not useful, and most importantly in fertilizer is the king of nutrients, nitrogen.
Herbal fertilizer is prepared for the sake of nitrogen and for this purpose everything that contains active points of growth is collected - there are growth substances everywhere consisting of nitrogen, otherwise they would not grow. It does not matter at all whether it is nettle - any young greens are suitable. Whether it is a dandelion, lawn grass or stepchildren of tomatoes.
It is impossible not to agree that nitrogen is the most in nitrofiles - plants that consume a lot of nitrogen, and nettle belongs to them. But this does not mean that nitrogen is only in it. As a result, it turned out, our gardeners understood literally that true herbal fertilizer is prepared only from nettle. Nitrofilam, include many other plants of active growth: curly beans, corn, cucumber, raspberry. Young green shoots of raspberries, which we cut off as short shoots when forming bushes in June (extra shoots at a rate of up to 10 new shoots per square meter) are also suitable for herbal fertilizer in a cut condition. Well, for direct composting, of course. Dry raspberry stalks that produce seeds do not already contain any nitrogen. Like dried, by the autumn stalks of nettle: everything went to the rhizomes.
In herbal fertilizer there is practically no phosphorus. All liquid organic fertilizers (slurry, feces, etc.) have this “slack” - lack of phosphorus, since many of its compounds are poorly soluble in water, they remain in the solid part of the grass. These fertilizers are good on ordinary fertile soil with a sufficient content of humus, where there is initially a lot of phosphorus, but not on poor soils. On poor soils, it is necessary to dig in the “hard part” before planting - compost or rotten manure, and it is recommended to add ash, there is also a decent amount of phosphorus.