In recent years, gardeners began to discover some unusual and exotic plants. One of these plants is sunberry or sambury. The homeland of this berry is South America. Sambury berry belongs to the hybrid, a product of selection, which was created by crossing European and African nightshade. Thus, a new species was formed, characterized by high yield and resistance to unfavorable growing conditions.
Sunberry height reaches about one and a half meters, the plant has a very large tetrahedral stem. Externally, the berries are like blueberries, but their size is much smaller, approximately like that of a large cherry. They ripen in clusters, about 10 pieces each. The fruit has a rather specific taste., unleavened, so fresh they are practically not consumed.
Let's take a closer look at what the sunberry is, as well as its beneficial properties and contraindications.
Sunberry berries just started to gain their popularity in the territory of the CIS countries. In this regard, there are quite a lot of different contradictions, as well as unreliable information about the properties of this plant and about the features of its use in food. For this reason, many people who have tried these berries, further refuse this product. And in vain. On the territory of many countries of the world, many have already managed to appreciate the useful and healing properties of sambury. Sunberry are pantry useful items. Among them are the following:
- Vitamins. The berries of this plant are rich in vitamin C, which is useful for our body. With this vitamin you can support the human immune system, it also contributes to the production of collagen. By consuming vitamin C, a person provides health to the blood vessels and the endocrine system. This vitamin also has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. In addition, in the fruit is carotene, which is a fairly serious oxidant, and also helps the human body in the fight against toxins.
- Micro and macro elements. The composition of the berries includes calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and other rare elements. Among the rare elements can be identified manganese, which has a positive effect on the immune system and blood formation process. This also includes zinc, which provides pituitary and pancreatic function. Nickel and copper normalize hemoglobin synthesis and contribute to the formation of red blood cells. Chromium can activate glucose metabolism. Silver, are part of the sunberry, has antibacterial properties.
- Physiologically active compounds. These compounds include chlorophyll, anthocyanins, a complex of bioflavonoids, as well as tannins. These physiologically active compounds are able to exert antibacterial and wound-healing effects, remove free radicals from the human body, and also provide powerful support to the immune system.
- Nutrients in the form of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. In addition, the berries contain pectins, which help cleanse the body. Also in the composition of the fruit is selenium, which slows the aging process. The energy value of the sunberry is 220 calories per 100 g of the product, so the berries are not recommended for people who are obese or struggling with excess weight.
Useful properties of sunberry
These berries are used with joint disease, they are also able to improve visual acuity, help to improve the blood circulation, normalize digestion, normalize appetite and sleep, and also charge the body with vital energy.
The healing properties of Sunberry berries are as follows:
- The fruits are used in the treatment of colds, as well as viral diseases. The fact is that fruits are saturated with vitamin C and substances that have antimicrobial properties, therefore, the use of berries in ARD and ARVI is very effective. If you suddenly fall ill with sore throat, you need to dilute the juice of the berries with water in a 1: 3 ratio. Divorced juice rinse throat. In the treatment of rhinitis, even chronic, it is recommended to use the juice of the leaves.
- Berries can have a positive effect on the work of the digestive tract. The fruits of the sunberry are able to maintain the liver in normal condition, especially after eating fatty and heavy foods. Due to the fact that the berries contain pectin, they act as a kind of natural sorbent for food poisoning. If you regularly eat fruits, you will forever forget about constipation and spasms of the gastrointestinal tract. Experts recommend drinking juice for the treatment of colitis and gastritis. The leaves of the plant can increase the acidity of gastric juice.
- Sambury is often used to treat diseases of the cardiovascular system. In the berries there are useful elements and substances that contribute to the renewal of the circulatory system and improve the blood. To normalize blood pressure, you can use berries both fresh and as a jam. In addition, the sunberry can favorably influence the vessels, increasing their elasticity and preventing fragility.
- Berries can also have a positive effect on vision. The fruit contains a lot of vitamin A, which allows you to maintain visual acuity. Therefore, if your eyes are constantly in suspense, or if you have vision problems, it is recommended to take the extract from the fruit of sunberry.
If we talk about the external use of fruits, they can have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and help in the treatment of skin diseases. If you fry and grind the berries, they will help to heal burns, boils, wounds, as well as cure acne.
It is also worth noting that the leaves and berries of the plant can slow down the aging process of the body, lower blood sugar levels, and relieve insomnia.
There are a number of contraindications to the use of fruit sunberry.
- Since the fruit contains a lot of flavonoids and antioxidants, this product may cause an allergic reaction in the form of a rash on the skin and redness. For this reason, it is not recommended to use sunberry in both fresh and processed form in large quantities.
- Excessive consumption of fruits can provoke an upset stomach, as they have a natural laxative in the form of pectin.
- It should also be borne in mind that the berries can cause drowsiness, so they are not recommended to use before you get behind the wheel.
- Sunberry is contraindicated for use in pregnant women, as their use can trigger uterine contractions.
How to make jam?
Even after examining all the beneficial properties and contraindications of the Sanberry berries, not all decide to introduce this product into their diet. The reason for this is not a very pleasant aftertaste.. Indeed, in the raw form, few people like the fruit. Therefore, they are recommended to use for the manufacture of jam, the berries in this form are transformed. Jam is obtained saturated purple color and unusual taste, it is loved even by gourmets. Jam is made, as a rule, only from sunberry berries and sugar. But you can also use various additives that can increase the usefulness of the product.
Let's take a closer look. with recipes for making jam from Sanberry berries.
- Berries must be mixed with an equal amount of sugar. All this is cooked for about half an hour, stirring regularly. After that, the jam must be poured into pre-sterilized jars.
- In order to cook jam with lemon, it is necessary to boil the ingredients, keeping the following proportions: for 1 kg of berries, you need to take as much sugar and squeeze the juice from 2 lemons. For a brighter taste, you can add a couple of sprigs of mint. First, sugar is poured with one glass of water, after which it should be allowed to boil. When sugar is dissolved in water, it is necessary to pour berries into it. All this is kept on fire for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time, then it is removed and allowed to brew for 4 hours. This process is repeated three times. In the third cooking, you must add mint leaves.
- To make ginger jam, you need to take 1 cup of sunberry berries, 1/3 cup of sugar, a small spoonful of ginger, previously grated on a fine grater, half a lemon, from which the juice is squeezed. All ingredients except lemon juice are mixed and placed on the fire for 10 minutes. Before removing from the heat, add lemon juice to the mass. After that hot water is poured into a free saucepan. The jam is poured into the jar and put into the pan in such a way that the water does not slightly reach the neck. After 10 minutes, the pot goes, and when it cools, it must be moved to the refrigerator.
Ways to use sunberry
Due to the huge benefits of berries, they are often used in folk recipes, so you can solve many health problems. Let's look at a few popular recipes:
- To recuperate. To do this, you must take the pine nuts, berries, sunberry and honey. Half a cup of pine nuts should be crushed with one and a half cups of berries, all pour a glass of honey. The resulting mass must be kept in the refrigerator. This mixture is used before each meal in a teaspoon.
- To normalize iodine. If you have iodine deficiency in the body, it is recommended to use a mixture of berries with feijoa and honey. To do this, take 1 part feyhua, 2 parts of the sunberry berries and 1 part honey. Feijoa and berries are crushed with a blender, then they are poured with honey and mixed. The received means needs to be accepted every day, in the morning and in the evening, on one tablespoon.
- For the treatment of angina. To do this, dilute the juice of berries with water, after which they rinse their throats.
- For the treatment of skin diseases. The fruit of the sunberry should be grind to the formation of gruel. Gruel is diluted with sour milk, after which a compress is made on damaged areas.
How to grow a sunberry at home?
The seeds of this plant are very small, resemble tomato. They are very hard to pee. Therefore, before sowing, it is necessary to hold them for 20 minutes in a warm solution of potassium permanganate. After that, the blade must be cut in those places where, as a rule, the germ spits. After that, the seeds are placed on a damp cloth, covered with a film or glass. Seeds are placed in a dark warm place before pecking.
It is recommended to use neutral soil for sowing. Peat should not be added to the substrate. As the drainage layer is recommended to use claydite. Hacked seeds are placed in the ground to a depth of half a centimeter. After that, the soil is moistened, covered with glass or plastic wrap.
The first shoots appear after 3 months. When the plants will have a real 3 leaf, they must dive.
Planting in open ground seedlings can be made with peppers and tomatoes. The distance between the bushes should be at least 70 cm.
Throughout the summer, you can feed plants with mullein a couple of times.
Description of the berry
Sunberry - It is a hybrid form of nightshade, its berries are edible and have many useful properties. Sunberry, or as it is otherwise called, the sunberry, is bred in 1905 Luther Burbank, American Darwinist Breeder. He took as a basis two types of nightshade: European creeping and African.
As a result a berry was obtained that gives high yields, large-fruited, unpretentious to growing conditions, with good taste.
Solar berry application
The fruits of nightshade have been widely used. Valuable qualities of the plant are used as a means of internal and external use.
The fruits and leaves of the plant help to prolong the body's youth, relieve insomnia, and treat skin diseases.
Accelerate the process of recovery in osteochondrosis, atherosclerosis, asthma, rheumatism. Fruits and juice from sunberry have a number of healing properties.
For prevention and treatment
Nightshade berries have a positive effect on metabolic processes, normalize the work of all organs and systems. They contain a large number of beneficial compounds that affect the body and rejuvenate skin:
- used in the treatment of colds and viral diseases - berries have a high content of vitamin C,
- as a rinse in the treatment of angina, for this fruit juice is diluted with water 1: 3,
- help the liver,
- are a natural sorbent, nightshade is indispensable for poisoning,
- recommended for the treatment of gastritis and colitis,
- the juice of the leaves of the plant can cure a runny nose even in a chronic condition,
- useful micro and macro elements renew blood and improve its quality,
- increases the elasticity of blood vessels
- Vitamin A contained in berries has a beneficial effect on visual acuity,
- improve memory
- 30-40 g nightshade act as a mild laxative,
- when mixed with kefir, berries help to get rid of small wounds on the skin, abscesses, boils,
- improve skin regeneration in eczema, psoriasis, seborrhea. To do this, mix the nightshade with the egg and apply this mixture to the affected skin,
- used in the treatment of cystitis,
- normalize blood pressure
- help with stomach cramps,
- used in bladder diseases,
- eliminate headaches
- increase endurance of the body.
Culinary recipes from sunberry
You can use the following recipes for making sunberry jam. Jam long storage:
- Sunberry fruits - 1 kg,
- lemon - 2 pieces,
- water - 1 cup,
- sugar - 1 kg
- mint - at will.
At the final stage, add the juice of 2 lemons, mint for flavor. Jam in a hot state pour in banks, roll up.
- Sunberry fruits - 1 kg,
- apples - 1 kg,
- lemon - 1 piece,
- sugar - 2 kg,
- mint - at will.
- Sunberry fruits - 1.5 kg,
- sugar - 1,350 kg.
Hot jam poured over the banks, roll up.
It is necessary to understand that the sunberry berries, in addition to benefit, can also bring harm. You should not try the nightshade until it ripens, as the fruits in this state are harmful to the body.
It should also be remembered that the consumption of large quantities (up to 300 g per day) of fruits causes disruptions in the digestive system, diarrhea, and not worth they can be consumed by pregnant women, as they cause uterine contractions.
For example, idiosyncrasy, allergies. It is necessary to be extremely careful not to harm either yourself or your loved ones.
Features of the collection and preparation of useful berries
Nightshade can be stored in a cool place for a month. Berries have a specific solanaceous aftertaste, which is not much to taste. In order to remove it, it is necessary to scald the fruit with boiling water.
- Dried fruit. Nightshade sorted out, washed, when the moisture is drained - spread on the fabric in one layer. Fruits are mixed from time to time for better drying of berries. In places well lit by the sun, the nightshade is not dried, as it loses its useful qualities.
- Frozen fruits. The washed and well dried berries are laid out on a flat surface and frozen. Frozen nightshade packaged in batches. Store in this form can be no more than a year.
- Sugar freeze. Pure and dried sunberry is poured with sugar (1 kg of nightshade: 300 g of sugar), mixed, laid out in batches or in packets.
Sunberry, or sun berry - A useful garden plant, and there will always be fans to eat it. But it, like other medicinal plants, requires intelligent application.
Sunberry: the benefits and harm
Sunberry has not yet gained such popularity in the CIS countries as in South America, the home country of berries. Unfortunately, the first product information caused a lot of resentment, because unscrupulous gardeners called the plant “large and tall blueberries”. Since the statement was very different from reality, a scandal erupted.
These events somewhat undermined the authority of the sunberry, but the benefits of the berry did not diminish. Now people are just beginning to feel all the merits of the product. К сожалению, вред «солнечного» плода для организма не исключен.
Что представляет собой ягода?
Санберри – это растение, принадлежащее к семейству Пасленовых. Ягода является продуктом скрещивания двух видов паслена: европейского и африканского. The American scientist Luther Burbank took up the business in 1905. The breeder took two non-poisonous, but still inedible plants and got the "solar" berry.
Externally, the culture resembles a small tree 1-1.2 m high, covered with black berries the size of a cherry. They are collected in clusters of 10-15 pieces. The taste of the product is quite specific and insipid, reminiscent of black nightshade. Because of this, sunberry is almost always used in processed form.
Although the berry does not disturb the receptors with its great taste, it is a storehouse of nutrients.
It consists of the following components:
- Vitamin A - helps to eliminate toxins, protects against the harmful effects of free radicals, and supports acute vision,
- Vitamin C - a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular, endocrine and nervous system, supports human immunity,
- minerals: potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, silver, chromium, manganese, nickel, selenium and copper,
- tannins and anthocyanins,
A variety of nutrients gives the right to argue that the sunberry has a therapeutic and prophylactic effect on the body, allowing for many years to preserve youth and good health.
The energy value of fresh fruits - 220 kcal per 100 g, but in the composition of jam and other dishes the caloric content increases, so overweight people need to use the product with caution.
Effect on the body
The benefits of sunberry is the complex effect of nutrients on human health.
More specifically, the berry has this effect:
- neutralizes the action of toxins in the body, so the fetus can and should be consumed in case of poisoning,
- restores the function of the liver with improper nutrition,
- helps to get rid of persistent headaches (if you take Sunberry tincture),
- eases the flow of gastrointestinal diseases (gastritis, colitis), eliminates congestion in the intestines, relieves spasms,
- beneficial effect on the kidneys, removes excess water from the tissues and produces a diuretic effect,
- lowers blood pressure
- is the prevention of colds and helps to recover faster with acute respiratory viral infection and sore throat,
- renews blood and improves its qualitative composition,
- relieves insomnia
- normalizes blood sugar levels
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents their "fragility".
Berries are used in the form of jam, tinctures and decoctions. For the treatment of rhinitis and increase the acidity of the stomach is used leaf juice. To cleanse the body, get rid of constipation and reduce blood pressure, it is necessary to use no more than 5 tablespoons. l jam from berries per day.
External use of sunberry
Fruits are wound healing and antiseptic. If you fry the berries in butter, and then bring to a puree-like state, you can apply the resulting gruel to burns. Damage will cease to hurt and more quickly tightened. Just do not forget to cool the mixture.
The same remedy has a very good effect on dry skin. Apply the mass on the face, hold for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. For oily skin is better to take fresh berries (1/2 cup) and egg whites (2 pcs.). They must be turned into a puree and repeat the above steps.
To heal the wounds, you can use lotion from fresh berries. They are also applied to boils. For inflammations - sore throat, stomatitis, gingivitis and diseases of the vocal cords - Sanberry juice is mixed with water (1: 1) and rinse the throat.
Sunberry berries: useful properties and contraindications, use in traditional medicine, recipes for making jam
Sunberry berries, despite their amazing sunny name, are unlikely to be able to please the exquisite, pleasant taste. But they have a lot of valuable vitamins and elements, for which they deserved wide popularity in the field of traditional medicine. What is useful berry and where it is used, except for medicine, let's see.
Brief description of the plant
Sunberry is a berry derived from two types of nightshade: African and European. Its creator in 1905 was the well-known breeder Luther Benbank. Externally, the berry is similar to blueberries or blueberries, but differs from them in higher growth (up to 1.5 m) and larger fruits the size of a cherry.
Did you know? The second name Sunberry is Canadian blueberry. She received it in view of the mass distribution in Canada and America.
A feature of this plant is its simplicity. Even an aspiring gardener can grow on the plot.
The plant has a high resistance to moisture, ultraviolet rays, temperature changes in the environment. Another advantage of the bush is its high yield. With one small plant you can collect a few tens of kilograms of fruit.
Calorie and nutritional value
Sunberry can not boast of taste, but stand out very high nutritional value. Caloric value per 100 g of fruit is 220 kcal.
The nutritional value of the product is presented per 100 g:
- proteins - 9 g,
- fats - 28 g,
- carbohydrates - 41 g,
- saturated acids - 2.1 g.
We advise you to read about the healing properties and uses of berries: acai, honeysuckle, shadberry, strawberry, blackberry, cranberry, lingonberry, cloudberry, viburnum, goji, sea buckthorn and cornel.
Vitamins, macro and micronutrients
The rich composition of the nightshade allows it to qualify as a therapeutic and prophylactic plant with anti-inflammatory, anti-cold, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-aging and cleansing functions. Plant rich:
The chemical composition of the fruit supplemented with fats, proteins, fructose, galactose. In the berries are also present toxic substances such as lead, mercury, arsenic, but their number is so tiny that they can not cause harm to human health.
How are berries useful?
Canadian blueberries are often used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, because it has a stunning effect on almost all organ systems.
The fruits have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, help the liver and pancreas to cope with heavy and fatty foods, normalize metabolic processes, cleanse the body. The systematic use of the product eliminates constipation, prevents intoxication and poisoning. Berries increase the secretion of bile, have weak diuretic properties, due to which they are indicated for cystitis, urolithiasis.
Important! It is necessary to use fruits in small doses. Dosage of more than 200-300 g per day can lead to indigestion of the digestive system, severe diarrhea.
Doctors recommend to include in the diet product for those who suffer from gastritis and colitis.
For the cardiovascular system
The use of sunberry can improve the work of the cardiovascular system. The micro- and macronutrients contained in the berry strengthen the walls of the vessels, making them more resilient, resilient and durable. Useful components enrich and saturate the blood, which contributes to the renewal of its composition. Chromium in the product normalizes the sugar level, fights high cholesterol, and zinc increases the number of leukocytes and has a positive effect on blood formation.
Also with the systematic use of blueberry jam normalization of blood pressure is noted.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, nightshade removes all inflammatory processes in the joints, is suitable for the treatment of rheumatism, joint pain, neuralgia, seizures. It also helps with the initial stages of osteochondrosis, prevents the destruction of cartilage tissue. For these purposes, use different infusions and decoctions of the leaves of the plant, eat fresh fruits or jams from them, make compresses.
Vitamin A has a positive effect on vision, improves it, returns sharpness. The product in some cases helps to overcome glaucoma.
Did you know? The most famous and common drug for improving the vision of "Blueberry Forte" contains berry Sunberry, which is an official confirmation of its effectiveness.
Another important quality of the fruit is external action. They are used in various skin diseases, wounds, ulcers, boils. Berry puree is suitable for acne and acne. The infusion of the leaves can stop aging, rejuvenate the skin, restore its elasticity and resilience.
The berry is saturated with vitamin C and elements with antimicrobial functions, which makes it possible to apply it to the treatment of acute respiratory diseases, influenza, ARVI:
- When angina spend rinsing specially prepared solution: fresh juice from the fruit is diluted in a ratio of 1: 3 with plain water. Gargle up to 5 times a day.
- The following recipe helps to cope with purulent tonsillitis: 4 g of sunberry leaves and berries are mixed with the same amount of lungweed herb, 250 ml of boiling water are poured in and insist in a thermos for 2-4 hours. Cold infusion gargle.
For the treatment and prevention of rheumatism using fresh berries, leaves and stems of the plant. Baths are prepared: 100 g of freshly squeezed juice of a sunberry is mixed with 50 g of chopped horseradish and added to water at a temperature not higher than 37 degrees. The procedure is carried out not more than 30 minutes. Course - 13 baths.
When articular rheumatism is consumed before meals, 1 tbsp. l a mixture made of 250 g of honey, 200 g of chopped horseradish, which is washed down with half a glass of juice from the leaves and berries of the nightshade. The treatment is carried out in combination with healing baths.
We advise you to read about the properties and use of: mountain, meadow, forest, pumpkin, acacia, meadow, flower, buckwheat, moss, sunflower, linden and chestnut honey.
With boils and purulent wounds
If boils, boils, eczema, purulent wounds are concerned, traditional medicine advises to use a therapeutic mixture: 100 ml of juice from the leaves of solar fruits, 2 tbsp. l Fresh juice of nightshade mix with 2 egg whites, mix well. This mixture is applied in the form of lotions on the affected areas.
You can also use lotion from crushed fresh berries, mixed with a small amount of sour milk or yogurt. Compress hold for 2-3 hours.
For jam with sunberry and ginger, you need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. fresh berries,
- 1/3 Art. Sahara,
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- juice of half a lemon.
The technique of making fragrant treats is very simple: in a saucepan with a thick bottom, you should mix fruits, sugar and ginger, cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
After a specified time, add the juice from the lemon, the jam is mixed and put in glass jars. Banks are sterilized for 10 minutes, covered with metal lids and cooled. Ready-made jam can be stored in the fridge or in a dark, dry place.
Did you know? It is possible to improve the taste of berries, having previously doused them with boiling water. After 3-5 minutes, the water must be drained.
Very tasty, fragrant and useful is obtained from the nightshade with the addition of lemon. For its preparation will need:
- 1 kg of fresh fruit,
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 tbsp. plain water
- juice of two lemons,
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint.
What is the use of sunberry berries, their use?
What is the use of sunberry berries, their use?
Sunberry or solar berry - fruits of the plant of the family Solanaceae. Like other well-known representatives of this family - the potato and tomato - the sunberry hails from South America. However, in the media a lot of controversial information about this fruit. Some seed sellers advertise the plant as "large or tall garden blueberries." True, it is difficult to compare this plant with traditional berries - fresh sunberry is rather unpleasant, usually it is used to prepare healthy dishes.
The use of sunberry. This plant was bred by the American breeder L. Burbank of California black nightshade. Unlike many other nightshade, sunberry is not poisonous. The fruits of the "solar berries" are part of herbal for the treatment of liver diseases and just support this body during the period of consuming large amounts of fatty foods. Berries are rich in pectin, therefore, recommended as a natural sorbent for poisoning, diseases of the stomach and intestines.
One problem - fresh sunberry is pretty bland. In cooking, the most common use is jam from berries - 2 kg of sunberry is mixed with 1 kg of fructose or 2 kg of sugar, and 1 lemon, boiled for about half an hour and laid out in a pair of sterilized banks. However, it should be remembered that, like any other jam, this product is quite calories (about 220 kcal per 100 g) and is not intended for abundant consumption, especially by those who seek to reduce weight. However, numerous collections of folk recipes from all diseases are advised to eat up to 5 tablespoons of sunberry jam in order to “cleanse the body”, normalize blood pressure and get rid of constipation.
Apply sunberry and externally. First of all, roasted in butter and mashed in mashed berries are a good remedy for burns. The mixture is cooled and applied to damaged skin. Use this paste and as a mask for dry skin. But for oily skin, it is recommended to mix half a glass of berries pounded in mashed potatoes with a pair of egg whites. Sometimes lotion from fresh sunberry is recommended to accelerate the healing of wounds, the treatment of boils. A juice of berries, mixed with water in a ratio of 1 to 1 is used for gargling with sore throat, inflammation of the vocal cords, as well as gargling with stomatitis and gingivitis.
Sunberry damage. However, if you try to gather information about the sunberry, you will immediately come across a serious scandal. It is not connected with the berries themselves and their harm, but with the wrong promotion of this plant on the market. A lot of amateur gardeners bought an aggressive advertisement for miracle berries, and believed that they can be consumed fresh. The disappointment with the fresh fruit was great. Especially many negative reviews about sunberry were written by those who believed in “tall blueberries,” as this plant was sometimes called.
Directly, the berries can cause a serious allergic reaction, skin rashes, however, like other foods rich in vitamins, antioxidants and plant flavonoids. The tops of this plant should not be given to farm animals, like many other nightshade; it can cause food poisoning in them. In addition, with the excessive use of Sunberry, an upset stomach is possible. Pectin acts as a natural laxative. For this reason, sunberry jam should not be consumed in combination with dairy products, fiber-rich cereals, and other fruits. The best "company" for him is plain tea without sugar or ... white flour dough. So sometimes you can pamper yourself with a sunberry jam patty, but the main thing is not to overdo it.
Tags: the benefits of products, the benefits of berries, sunberry, sunny berries, berries
Berry Sunberry benefit and harm
Sunberry, or as they still like to call it # 8212, the solar berry is a plant of the family of nightshade. Like other popular members of this family, automatic and potato - sunberry appeared in the first of South America. Nevertheless, there is a lot of conflicting information in the media about this extraordinary berry.
Some sellers of grains of this wonder berries advertise this plant as "large and high garden blueberries." But in fairness I want to say that it is rather difficult to compare this fruit with traditional Russian berries. In addition, fresh sunberry can be said to be far from tasty, usually people add it to various dishes so to speak for greater utility.
This plant was bred a long time ago by an American scientist breeder L. Burbank from a black Californian nightshade. Unlike most other Solanaceae, this plant is completely poisonous. The fruits of this berry are often included in herbal preparations to cure various liver diseases and simply to support this organ while consuming significant amounts of fatty foods.
A bit of history
Sunberry is considered to be the birthplace of South America. The variety of these berries was brought out at the beginning of the twentieth century by an American scientist breeder a follower of Darwin Luther Burbank, who also had a very stubborn character. The parent form of the plant is the African nest and a representative of the European continent - the nestling.
The resulting berry hybrid was called Sunberry, which translated from English means “sunny berry”. A new species inherited from African nighthawk fruit of about the size of large cherries, undemanding for cultivation, as well as rather high yields. А вот отменные вкусовые качества в результате селекции были получены от европейского родича – стелющегося паслена.
Пищевая ценность и калорийность
Калорийность — 220 ккал на 100 гр.
￼Ягоды растения содержат много полезных компонентов – витамины, микроэлементы, питательные вещества. Judging by the variety of chemical composition, the sunberry contains almost all the components necessary for the human body. The only exceptions are vitamins for which this plant is not very rich.
- Vitamin C. Strengthens the immune system, helps fight viruses and colds.
- Carotene (provitamin A). A strong antioxidant that helps eliminate toxins.
- Manganese. Normalizes blood clotting and the immune system.
- Chromium. Normalizes glucose metabolism.
- Zinc. Stabilizes the pancreas and pituitary.
- Pectin and selenium. They cleanse the body of toxins, slow down aging.
In addition, the fruits of Sunberry still contain many useful and nutrients, such as silver, potassium, magnesium, copper, nickel, iron, proteins, fats, fructose, etc. Also in the composition of the fruit are physiologically active compounds - tannins, chlorophyll , anthocyanins.
Berry has a low taste, but with proper preparation you can get a tasty and healthy product. Sunberry make jam, jams, wine and add to vegetable caviar.
But you shouldn’t have any special illusions about the taste of the sunberry, it’s more like the taste of a green tomato, which, in fact, is.
Useful and medicinal properties of Sunberry (Canadian Blueberry)
Sunberry is recommended to use:
- to strengthen the immune system
- with flu and cold,
- with hypertension,
- to eliminate problems with joints,
- to eliminate chronic headache
- from hemorrhoids and constipation,
- kidney disease
- with puffiness
- with infectious diseases and inflammations.
Pectin-rich berry is used as a natural sorbent for diseases of the stomach and intestinal tract. Sunberry is also indicated for colitis and gastritis. They say that the berry improves eyesight, cleans blood vessels and promotes rejuvenation. But the arguments about the effectiveness of black nightshade in this direction are very controversial.
Pregnant girls are not recommended to use these berries, because In their composition are substances that are not entirely positive effect on the contraction of the muscles of the uterus, which ultimately can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
During the period of breastfeeding, it is also not recommended to take this plant, since its reception can cause an allergic reaction in the baby.
For children and seniors
Crumbs are not recommended to give this product. This is due to the fact that the children's body is only being formed, and this product may cause itching or redness.
This product is better not to give the child up to 12 years.
For older people, a product such as a sunberry helps to work the cardiovascular system. In addition, it also improves human vision, which is extremely important for patients in age.
For special categories
If you are allergic to any product, then the reception of this tool can be carried out with increased caution. In the event of an allergic reaction, the receipt of an agent should be suspended immediately.
With diabetes, sunberry reduces the fragility of blood vessels, and also normalizes blood sugar levels in humans.
Use in healthy and therapeutic nutrition
Despite their taste drawbacks, sunberry is used in cooking. But mainly jam is prepared from it, jam is made, juice, wine, concoctions and infusions are made. Gourmets make caviar from sunberry. Also, the berries are dried and pickled. Adherents of a healthy diet are not recommended to combine it with dairy products, cereals and other fruits.
Sunberry is a berry that dislikes companies from other products. It is best to eat it with plain black tea without sugar, and sometimes you can mix white flour dough and make pies.
Sunberry Jam Recipe
Oddly enough fresh berry reveals the taste potential in cooking. It has become a popular ingredient for making jam. Cooking is very simple, and the jam is very nutritious and healthy. For 2 kg of berries you need to take one lemon, one kg of fructose or 2 kg of sugar.
Before mixing the ingredients, it is recommended to pour boiling water over the berry. So its fresh solanaceous taste will disappear, and the berry will even seem sweetish. Cook jam is not more than half an hour. Then poured into sterilized jars and cleaned in a dark place until winter. For aroma add leaves of spicy herbs - mint, coriander, thyme.
In folk medicine, there is an opinion that the jam from the sunberry helps to normalize pressure, relieves constipation, cleanses the body. To do this, eat up to five tablespoons of sweet dessert from the berries.
Sunberry ginger jam
It will take: a glass of sunny berries, a third of a glass of sugar, a teaspoon with a heap of grated ginger, juice of half a lemon.
We mix in a saucepan sunberry, sugar and ginger and cook for 10 minutes (you must constantly stir it!). Add lemon juice, remove from the stove - and into the jar. Then put the jar in a pan with hot water, so as not to reach the lid by 1-2 cm. After 10 minutes, you can remove, cool and hide in the refrigerator.
If you want to make candied fruit, then you will need ready-made jam, which should be drained through a colander so that the whole syrup is drained. Berries need to lay out in one layer on a saucer for further drying. Dried fruits can be stored in a dark room, putting them in a glass jar with a lid.
How to choose a good product
Ripe berry elastic in appearance, black and purple, with glossy skin. Externally, the sunberry resembles a cherry. Fruits form clusters of 8-15 berries. If you are not sure that it is nightshade, try the berry. It is moderately juicy, but has a specific taste.
You can buy a sunberry in the ripening season on the market or in supermarkets. Keep in mind that they pick berries in late autumn. You can also plant a plant in the country and grow your own bush with berries. Then you can use for medicinal purposes not only the fruits, but also the leaves of the plant.
How to use Canadian blueberries
Nutritionists advise to eat no more than two handfuls of sunny berries a day. It is not recommended to give sunberry to young children, due to the fact that the children's body is only formed, and the berry can cause rashes and itching. Sunberry is widely used in traditional medicine recipes.
- How to recuperate after illness. Three glasses of sunberry mixed with a glass of pine nuts and mince. The resulting mixture is mixed with honey. Store the product in the refrigerator. Take before meals one tablespoon.
- As a means for gargling during a sore throat. For this, the sunberry is pre-squeezed. Repeat the rinse procedure 2-3 times a day.
- To reduce pressure use the stems of plants and flowers. Do it in the flowering period. Chop the greens with a blender and squeeze the juice. Add honey with the calculation of 2 tablespoons per half liter of juice. Take should be one tablespoon in the morning and afternoon.
- For the treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland. For the preparation of a mixture that will compensate for the lack of iodine, you can use sunberry, honey, and feijoa. To prepare, you need to take 2 parts of berries, one part of honey and feijoa.
All components must be mixed in equal proportions. The resulting mixture insist in a dark place for 40-80 minutes. This texture should be taken twice a day (in the morning and lunch) 2/3 cup.
- The use of sunberry for the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system. The beneficial substances and elements contained in the berries contribute to the renewal of blood and the improvement of its composition. In addition, this plant favorably affects the vessels, increases their elegance and prevents "fragility."
- Benefit for sight. Vitamin A contained in fruits has a positive effect on vision, maintaining its sharpness. Therefore, those who already have vision problems or constantly keep their eyes on their toes are advised to take an extract from the sunberry berries.
- Treatment of prostate adenoma. 5 g of dried sunberry berries and the same licorice root placed in half a liter of water, heated to 40 degrees. Leave for 10 hours in a closed container. Infusion (fresh) must be taken before meals (10 minutes) and 1 tbsp.
- From boils and purulent wounds use ground gruel of berries. After adding a little sour milk or kefir to it, it is applied to wounds.
- For the treatment of gastritis 100 grams of a mixture of berries, leaves and stems pour 3 liters. boiling water. Insist 3 hours. Filter out. Take several times a day, half an hour before meals, 3 tbsp.
- With acne, various boils prepare a mixture of crushed fresh leaves and berries of sunberry. It is a fresh mixture that retains all the beneficial properties of the plant.
- Treatment of skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema, seborrhea). Mix 2 egg whites, 100 g of sunberry juice pressed from the leaves and 2 tablespoons of the juice of berries. Mix used as lotions.
- With iodine deficiency. If you come from a feijoa from a vacation or a regular supermarket, do not miss the chance. An exotic medicine will not just replace the full dessert, but also support the thyroid. For 2 glasses of garden nightshade, take 1 cup of feijoa, grind with a blender and pour a cup of honey (best of all acacia). Such medicine is stored in the refrigerator, taken before breakfast and lunch. One tablespoon is enough.
- From insomnia. Mix the juice from the leaves of sunberry with floral or lime honey. Take it for half an hour before bedtime, one tablespoon.
- Headache brew the stems with berries and insist 12 hours. Infusion is used for lotions that are applied to the head for 20 minutes. I repeat the procedure every day until the pain passes.
- With joint pain, rheumatism - you must mix 200 grams of minced horseradish with 250 grams of honey. To accept 3 times a day on 1st l, washing down with a glass of juice from stalks and leaves of a sunberry. In addition, it is necessary to take thirty-minute baths before bedtime, in which to add 50 grams of ground horseradish and 150 ml of freshly squeezed juice from the stalks and leaves of the sunberry.
- With asthma It should be used in equal proportions dried flowers and unripe sunberry berries, as well as the stems of flowering lungfish. All thoroughly chop and mix. 1 tbsp. l mix pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, brew in a thermos. Strain after 2 hours. Take 3 times a day, half an hour before meals, 1 tbsp.
How to use in cosmetology
For women who dream of moving their old age a little bit, you can make a real elixir of youth. For its preparation, you will need berry juice, which is diluted with water and honey (for 5 liters of water, you need to take one liter of honey).
The resulting texture should be poured into the banks and put in a dark place. Daily should take 2 tbsp. before every meal. This tool will not only preserve youth, but also strengthen memory / improve vision and immunity.
With pigment spots, the mask with sunberry helps very well. To do this, take the main component and knead it well with a fork (2 tbsp), add a teaspoon of mashed potatoes in a warm form, chopped parsley (tsp) and lemon juice (tbsp).
This mixture should be applied to the skin of the face / neck / body for 20-30 minutes. After this period of time, the consistency must be washed off with warm water.
Product Storage Features
The leaves of the berry shrub are stored for a long time in dried form. They are collected during the summer and dried, laying out a layer of 3-5 cm. But the berries for storage will have to wait. They close the season of spins and conservation.
To keep fresh berries for a long time, they are cut off in bunches and sent to the fridge. So, the berry can be stored for a long time due to its elasticity. If you want to keep fresh nightshade for the winter, freeze them before rinsing. Use a special dryer or oven.
Interesting facts about sunberry
Sunberry is considered to be the birthplace of South America. At the beginning of the twentieth century, an American scientist breeder, a follower of Darwin Luther Burbank, who also had a very stubborn character, brought this variety of berries. The parent form of the plant is the African nightshade and the representative of the European continent - the nightshade.
The resulting berry hybrid was called Sunberry, which translated from English means “sunny berry”. A new species inherited from African nighthawk fruit of about the size of large cherries, undemanding for cultivation, as well as rather high yields. But the excellent taste as a result of breeding were obtained from the European relative - creeping nightshade.
The berry bush grows rather high, sometimes its height reaches 2 meters. This plant has a thick stem resembling a tetrahedron. The berries are large, shiny, the color is similar to our blueberry, but they ripen with brushes, about 15 pieces each. From the bush can be removed to the bucket of these sunny berries. Sunberry advantage over other berries is their continuous flowering, as well as ripening until autumn.
Sunberry is a unique plant that can be used in cooking, cosmetology and traditional medicine. But you should always remember about the measure, because If you abuse this product, a person may develop negative consequences.
What are these berries
Sunberry, the “sunberry”, is sometimes called Canadian blueberry. This happens due to the fact that it is in Canada and America that these fruits are especially popular, and they look like blueberries. True, there is no more similarity between them. Sunberry is a member of the Solanaceae family, which also includes well-known tomatoes and potatoes. Most of the plants of this family berries inedible. Sunberry is an exception, as it is a hybrid derived by selection from Californian black nightshade.
The plant reaches a height of about 1.5 m. It bears large black berries the size of a cherry. They are collected in clusters of 10-15 pieces. Such a bush is highly resistant, it bears fruit well even under adverse conditions. To care for him is quite simple: even without top dressing, the harvest will be wonderful. The main thing - from time to time to water.
Eat sunberry, just plucked from the bush, is unlikely to succeed. Berries do not have a pronounced taste, unlike the more familiar raspberries or gooseberries. But this does not mean that there is no reason to grow them. The benefits of the sunberry are beyond doubt.
There is a lot of vitamin C in these fruits. It is very important to maintain the protective properties of the body, it is not for nothing that it is recommended to be used for colds. It also has a positive effect on the state of the blood vessels and the circulatory system as a whole. Even in sambury berries, as some people call them, provitamin A, carotene, is present. It is an antioxidant that helps keep you young. In addition, it protects the body from toxins.
It cannot be said that the plant contains a rich vitamin complex. But there are many other important substances in it. For example, there are various minerals in Sunberry, including rare ones.
In addition to the more common potassium, magnesium, iron in the berries are present:
- manganese, which strengthens the immune system, and also has a positive effect on the circulatory system,
- zinc, necessary for the proper functioning of the pancreas and pituitary,
- nickel and copper involved in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells,
- chromium, normalizing metabolic processes,
- silver, which is characterized by antibacterial qualities.
In addition to minerals, fruits contain flavonoids, tanning components, anthocyanins. These elements have a tonic effect on the body, support the immune system, help preserve youth, have antibacterial and wound healing properties, promote regeneration. Selenium slows down the aging process. Pectins, which are also present in the berries, improve digestion and help cleanse the body.
Useful properties and possible harm
This composition makes the sunberry a truly valuable product, because the berries with regular use provide a positive effect:
- accelerate recovery in case of various types of ARI and ARVI,
- provide an opportunity to put pressure in order
- they have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, help to relax, fight insomnia,
- act as a mild laxative, which is especially important for people suffering from constipation,
- improve the work of the digestive organs,
- help cleanse the body of harmful substances
- help maintain vision and strengthen eye muscles, so it is recommended for people with impaired vision and those who are constantly forced to strain their eyes, for example, when working at a computer,
- relieves sore throat, showed itself well in the treatment of angina,
- relieve joint pain
- eliminate edema due to diuretic action, positively affect the kidneys,
- relieve headaches
- help to cope with various skin diseases.
There are no doubts about the beneficial properties of sunberry, but there are also contraindications for these berries. First of all, it is individual intolerance, which manifests itself in the form of allergic reactions - rashes and itching. Плоды данного растения можно считать экзотическими, ведь они завезены из далеких стран и пока не получили широкого распространения. А высокое содержание флавоноидов и антиоксидантов увеличивает риск неприятных последствий.
Не стоит есть недозрелые ягоды, в них содержатся вещества, вредные для здоровья.
It is important not to abuse the number of berries eaten. In addition to allergies, their excess can provoke an upset stomach. This happens because of the pectins that are present in the sunberry. These elements have another feature: they “pull” heavy metals from the ground that are hazardous to health. Therefore, it is impossible to grow sunberry in cities or near industrial facilities.
The fruits are contraindicated for women in the situation, as they can cause undesirable consequences. Do not eat berries before driving, as they cause drowsiness.
The benefits of sunberry are so great that these berries are used in folk recipes, so it turns out to solve certain health problems.
- Recover. A mixture of nuts, sunberry and honey can help. Half a cup of pine nuts is ground together with 1.5 cups of berries and poured with a glass of honey. Mass kept in the refrigerator. Eat it before each meal in a small spoon.
- When iodine deficiency is recommended to use a mixture of fruit with honey and feijoa. Proportions: 1 part feijoa, 1 part honey, 2 parts sunberry. Fruit and berries are crushed with a blender, then all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. It is necessary to accept means daily, in the morning and in the evening, on the big spoon.
- With angina will help the juice of berries. It must be diluted with water and gargle.
- With skin diseases. Fruits should be grind to make gruel. It is slightly diluted with sour milk and a compress is made on the affected areas.
Despite the unusual taste, the Sanberry berries deserve a place in the diet. Jam of them helps to provide the body with useful substances. If desired, the plant is easy to grow in your garden, because it is unpretentious, tolerates temperature fluctuations and does not require excessive maintenance.
The berry is small, and the benefits are great
Today, doctors agreed that this nondescript-looking and not so tasty berry is quite useful. And her little sister, who was bred a century ago by Luther Burbank of the large-fruited American Nightshade and our small, but high-yielding and frost-resistant, is completely recognized as a healing plant:
- Sunberry - so called this domestic hybrid - is used to treat angina. Berry juice is diluted with 1 part to 3 parts of water and gargle.
- Juice leaves helps with the common cold, uterine bleeding. And he also has a hypnotic property.
- Fresh berries improve digestion, although they are slightly weaker, are successfully expelled from the body of parasites.
- For healing of purulent wounds and ulcers, the berry is crushed and mixed with yogurt 50:50.
- Also, the black hairy berries are recommended by traditional medicine for gout, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, rheumatism, psoriasis, for relieving headaches.
- Some argue that the fruits of sunberry have anti-hypertensive properties. But this fact is not confirmed by medicine.
- But the berries are part of the drug called "Blueberry Forte", which is successfully used in medicine to improve vision and in the fight against glaucoma.
- The well-known drug "LIV-52", which consists of berries, helps with liver diseases.
- Doctors say that selenium contained in the fruits of sunberry, slows down the aging process, improves memory, coordination of movements, cures neuroses, is used as a prophylactic against cancer.
- Anthocyanins in the berries of black brood improve the composition of blood.
- Sunberry pectins contribute to the removal of poisons and wastes from the body.
In short, this plant is just a godsend for those who want to maintain their health and stay young longer!
General culture description
Sunberry is an annual plant. But it grows more than a meter tall. And the fruit is able to give from 10 to 20 kg per bush! The black color of the hybrid berries are large, the size of a cherry.
Flowering plant throughout the summer, starting in June and until the frost. Therefore, you can pick berries almost daily. Collected flowers look very nice, resembling potato ones, next to green and already black berries.
As an adult, a sunberry easily tolerates drought, heat, and frost. The following year, it is quite possible to get a lot of shoots that have sprung from self-seeding in the old place. Gardener simply select the strongest and tall shoots and remove unnecessary.
Seed treatment before planting
The lack of a sunberry such that the seeds bite with great difficulty. Therefore, first they need to be kept for 20 minutes in a warm solution of potassium permanganate. Then carefully cut the blade into the place where the seed usually appears in the seed.
Some gardeners offer a different way. They advise not to cut the seed shell, but only with a needle to make notches on the peel. And then the seeds are put in a jar with large washed and calcined river sand. They should fill the container in half. When the jar is shaken vigorously, the integrity of the seed shells is broken, and the kernels remain intact.
This should be done very carefully, so as not to damage the nucleus inside the seed!
The operated seed is placed on a damp cloth, covered with a film or glass and put in a warm place so that it will turn. This process can be slightly delayed if you compare sunberry with tomatoes and peppers.
Sunberry seeds are planted in late February so that the plant can produce a good harvest.
Sunberry is not much different in agricultural technology from tomatoes and peppers. You can even plant them in the same box with them. Needing neutral ground is required for seedlings. Therefore, adding peat to the soil is not necessary.
Expanded clay is poured at the bottom of the box to provide drainage. A layer of soil, centimeters, is poured over it. 10. A dug seed is placed into it at a depth of half a centimeter. The soil is moistened and covered with glass or polyethylene.
Mini-teplichku need to be regularly ventilated so that the earth is not moldy. Shoots will appear in three months. After the plants throw out the third true leaf, they swoop down and put on a well-lit, warm place.
Watering seedlings is not very often, but to allow the earth to become "stone" can not.
Planting in open ground and caring for a sunberry
Sunberry is planted with tomatoes and peppers. Only the distance between the bushes should be at least 70 centimeters, as they grow very much.
During the summer, it is enough to feed the sunberry with a mullein a couple of times and water it in a day or two - and very soon the gardener will be rewarded for his work!
The fruits of sunberry are not very tasty, but they are just amazing in the form of jam. Yes, and the wine from it turns delicious.
It is important to remember that in order to preserve the beneficial properties of the fruit of the black nightshade should be cooked no more than 5 minutes! And to improve the taste you need to put lemon in jam.
The recipe for therapeutic jam from sunberry
300 g of sugar fall asleep for 1 kg of berries, put on the fire and bring to a boil. There also add sliced or milled lemon in a meat grinder. Jam is boiled for 5 minutes and poured into cans. Store in the refrigerator, as at normal room temperature, it will ferment.
Eat daily should be 5 tablespoons, with tea or spread on a loaf.
In cooking, it is often used when cooking jam - for example, one kilogram of fructose or two kilograms of sugar and one lemon are put on two kilograms of sunberry. These ingredients are cooked for about thirty minutes and laid out in pre-sterilized jars. It should be remembered that, like any other jam, this product is quite high-calorie (about two hundred thirty-five kilocalories per hundred grams of product) and is not intended for abundant eating, especially for those who wish to lower their weight.
However, innumerable collections of recipes for various diseases recommend eating sunberry jam up to five tablespoons per day. In such an unusual and tasty way, you can perfectly clean your body of slags and toxins, normalize pressure and get rid of annoying constipation, agree with what great benefits from this berry, and you can say no harm if you do not consider minor allergies in some cases!
Apply this plant and externally. First of all, fried in butter and mashed in mashed berries are considered an excellent remedy for burns. The mixture is cooled before application to the wound, and then applied directly to the damaged area of skin. Use this tool and as an excellent mask for dry and dehydrated skin. But for oily skin, it is advised to mix the berries of this plant with egg white, then such a mask will bring you real benefits.
What is harmful sunbury
Directly, the berries can be harmful in the form of a serious allergic reaction, skin rashes, however, like other foods rich in antioxidants and flavonoids. The tops of this plant are not recommended to be eaten by domestic animals, like most other nightshade, this fruit can cause poisoning. In addition, with the excessive use of berries can be an upset stomach. Pectin acts as a natural laxative in Sunberry. It is for this reason that jam from this berry is not recommended to be used together with dairy products such as milk, kefir, yogurt or porridge. The best “company” for sunberry is plain tea without sugar. So sometimes you can pamper yourself with a pie stuffed with this wonderful berry, but the most important thing is not to overdo it because there must be a reasonable limit in everything.
Useful properties of Sanberry berries, features and contraindications
Sunberry berries, the beneficial properties of which at one time interested doctors and biologists, are distinguished by their bland taste. Therefore, gardeners do not rush to grow them. Meanwhile, these fruits are able to become a source of important elements that are needed to maintain the normal functioning of the body. It is worth knowing what their value is and how to use them correctly.
Value of the solar berry
The described berries are just beginning to gain popularity in our regions. American breeders bred these amazing berries by crossing European and African nightshade.
In appearance, sunberry shrubs resemble ordinary blueberries. They are considered annuals and can reach a height of 1.5 m. And their fruits are relatively large and look like cherries. Today we will discuss how sunberry berries are so valued. Useful properties of their recipes and much more consider in detail.
Let's immediately pay attention to the nutritional value of the fruit of a sunberry. It is approximately 220 kilocalories per 100 g of fresh berries. As you know, people who are struggling with overweight, can not afford to try sunberry because of their high calorie content.
According to its chemical composition, Sanberry berries can be called a real vitamin treasure. Overseas fruits are rich in ascorbic acid. This vitamin is popularly called the "elixir of youth." Our body, especially the immune system, needs vitamin C daily.
Sunberry berries are also rich in provitamin A, which is regarded as the strongest antioxidant. With the help of these elements, the body fights various ailments. Provitamin A helps eliminate toxins and accumulated toxins.
At this list of vitamins is exhausted, but still the berries are very useful, because the sunberry contains a huge amount of micro-and macro-elements, which include:
On a note! Sunberry berries have a high concentration of selenium and pectins. These elements normalize the work of the whole organism, and also slow down the aging process.
Sunberry berry: benefit and harm
Sunberry sunberry is considered the fruit of youth. A high concentration of ascorbic acid helps to strengthen the immune system. In addition, it provitamins and beneficial effects on the skin, stimulating the production of collagen.
Sunberry berry has not only unique taste and aroma. The beneficial properties of these fruits are almost limitless. Often the described berries are used to treat such ailments:
- articular diseases
- disorders of visual function
- abnormalities of the blood,
- digestive disorders
- poor appetite
- sleep disorders.
On a note! Eating a few fragrant sunberry berries a day, you will notice an improvement in health, a surge of strength and energy.
As already mentioned, the sunberry berries contain a high concentration of ascorbic acid. It is vitamin C that helps to cope with colds and viral ailments. Even the banal ARD will not stand after the shock dose of ascorbic acid contained in the sunberry berries.
You can make freshly squeezed juice from fruits. When adding water in proportions of 1: 3, an amazing and very effective remedy for sore throat is obtained. So diluted juice is recommended to gargle a sore throat.
The content of micro and macronutrients in the berries of sunberry has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract. In addition, these fruits help improve liver function.
On a note! Liver will be easier to cope with fatty and heavy food, if you eat a few berries of sunberry.
Freshly squeezed juice made from berries helps in the treatment of gastritis and colitis. But not only berries are used in alternative medicine. So, from the leaves you can cook a healing broth, which will increase the level of gastric acidity.
Herbalists claim that the Sanberry berries help solve such a delicate problem as constipation. The micro and macronutrients contained in the described fruits improve the blood composition. In addition, they help improve the condition of the vascular walls, increase their elasticity.
It is also believed that fresh berries and jam help to normalize blood pressure levels. Sunberry berries are of tremendous value for people suffering from impaired visual function.
You can not only feast on overseas berries. Pulp compresses are prepared from the pulp to help cope with dermatological ailments, furunculosis and burn wounds. Fruits and leaves of sunberry help reduce sugar levels, and are also an excellent prophylactic agent for cancer.
Sunberry: Is there any danger?
Described exotic berries, of course, very useful for the human body. However, before the introduction of such overseas fruits in the diet is still recommended to consult with the doctor.
Due to the high concentration of various micro- and macroelements, as well as acids, the berries can provoke an allergic reaction. She has classic symptoms in the form of redness of the skin and itching.
Important! Sunberry berries are not recommended for women during gestation, as they can provoke a contraction of the uterine organ.
Excessive use of overseas fruits can cause diarrhea, as pectin is among the natural laxatives.
As mentioned above, the sunberry berries help to normalize sleep. But according to some people, these sunny fruits cause drowsiness. For your own safety after consuming berries, it is not recommended to engage in work that requires high concentration of attention, as well as to drive vehicles.
And one more nuance. Direct contraindications to the use of the fruits of Sunberry is individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to individual components.
Now you know how valuable the Sanberry berry is. Recipes for making jam out of it are very simple. You can grind the pulp with sugar and store in the refrigerator in a fresh form. And you can make jam in the usual way, having resorted to sterilization. In any case, the berries retain all their beneficial properties. Sunberry berries are often compared to blueberries. After harvesting, you can extend the life of fresh fruits and freeze them.
Sunberry berries have useful properties, but existing contraindications cannot be ignored. If you have even the slightest concern, before the introduction of exotic berries in the diet, consult with your health care professional. Be healthy!