Petunia is considered quite a capricious plant. This flower was introduced from a hot and humid climate, so it needs good lighting. But as a result of breeding works, hybrids were created that are easy to care for and which are capable of pleasing with abundant flowering for a long time. It is easy to determine bush petunia, but cascade and ampelous varieties cannot always be distinguished. It is especially difficult to understand this novice flower growers.
The history of the origin of petunia
The flower was introduced to European territory from South America in the 18th century.. Despite the different weather conditions, petunia perfectly adapted in the local latitudes and blooms beautifully. In such warm countries as Paraguay, Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina, it can grow up to 10 meters in length.
The flower stems can be creeping and erect, and it blooms from early May until the first serious cold. The plant is not quite whimsical to the soil, but still requires attention and certain care.
Petunia is rich in a variety of color palette., it pleases not only with monophonic flowers, but also with double shades or a refined stripe along the border of the petal. Often next to these flowers you can meet the birds and moths.
There is a common opinion among gardeners that if a flower speaks kindly and tender words a lot, then bright and large inflorescences will grow.
Without a more detailed description of cascade petunias and ampelous, it is impossible to understand how they differ from each other.
Although cascade petunia is a subspecies of the ampelous, but it still has its own characteristics. The main features of cascade petunia:
- Cascade petunias have more resilient (plump) shoots whose length can reach 1.5 meters. They do not break even with strong wind.
- All the green mass of the plant increases due to air shoots. Initially, they are directed upwards, and growing of a certain length, they hang downwards.
- In a hanging flowerpot, the flower resembles a large ball, with hanging and long whips.
- The buds of the cascade petunias are quite large - 5 cm, all the flowers of the plant are the same size.
Cascade petunia taken to propagate by seed. Sowing is carried out in the period from February to April. Soil mixture for the flower can be prepared independently. This will require turfy ground, peat, clean sand and humus. All components must be taken in the same quantity. At the bottom of the container for planting necessarily laid out a layer of drainage (expanded clay). Sowing is as follows:
- the seeds are evenly distributed over the soil surface,
- using a sieve seeds sprinkled with a thin layer of soil,
- further sprayed with water from a spray bottle,
- Capacity with seeds covered with glass or transparent film,
- leave in a lit room at a temperature of 18-24 degrees.
During the first two weeks after sowing, daily watering is carried out. For the prevention of disease and for the rapid growth of plants, some potassium permanganate can be added to the water for irrigation. As soon as the first shoots appear, they need to be aired and tempered. To do this, the container with shoots taken out into the fresh air and remove the protective film. After one true leaf appears, the seedlings dive into separate cups of peat.
As the seedlings develop, fertilizers are needed:
- The first dressing make after picks. To do this, it is better to choose water-soluble complex fertilizers with a minimum nitrogen content.
- After 14 days make the second dressing. Fertilizers with organic and mineral composition are suitable for this.
Popular varieties of cascade petunias
Among all hybrids of petunia cascade there are several varietieswhich have long been popular with gardeners:
- Double Cascade. This variety is distinguished by the formation of a regular and neat shrub that is littered with fragrant flowers. Terry petals have a bright color, and leaves have a green-emerald color.
- Gioconda The variety has a low bush (strongly branching), densely covered with flowers of medium size. The plant adapts well to temperature extremes.
- Ramblin This plant can grow in height up to 40 cm and forms shoots up to 1 meter in length. The variety is considered one of the earliest and is characterized by a long flowering period.
Features of the appearance, care and cultivation of petunia ampelnoe, consider next.
The ampelous petunia also has some features of appearance:
- The shoots of the plant are succulent and green, can reach a length of 40 to 120 cm. As they grow, they fall down. Thanks to this feature, the flower can easily give the desired shape. Therefore, more often grown in hanging pots.
- The leaves are soft, slightly pubescent, and their size depends on the age of the plant. So, old petunias have large leaves, young ones have small ones.
- The entire length of the shoot is a variety of colors. The shape of the flower vaguely resembles a bell.
- There are varieties with large flowers that can reach 10 cm in diameter, but, as a rule, there are few of them on the plant. Many-flowered species are distinguished by an abundance of buds, but they are smaller (from 4 to 8 cm). On one shoot there can be both small, and large flowers. And on one plant there are buds of different shades and sizes.
The color gamut of ampelous petunia is diverse - from white to dark purple inflorescences. Basically, the petals of two colors, inside the "bell" brighter color. Often such petunia is planted in pots with flowers of different color. It turns out bright and unusual flower arrangement.
Popular varieties of ampelous petunia
Among the varieties of ampelous petunia are many hybrids. However, among all there is leaders in gardeners' preferences:
- The Snow Queen. This hybrid, the stem of which can grow to 80 cm in length. Flowers of pure, white color possess the most delicate aroma. It feels like an airy plant, light and weightless.
- Explorer The plant is known for the impressive size of the shoots and can reach 1.5 meters, but also by their strength (the shoots do not break when the wind gusts). The flowers are large and differ from all varieties of petunias with a wax surface that protects the flower from rain. Shades of leaves are also varied.
- Catherine. A hybrid that is distinguished by veined petals. The flowers grow to 5-6 cm in diameter salmon, bright color.
- Svetlana The stems of the plant are light and lush, grow up to 1 meter. Wavy flowers with pink streaks and white lace border.
- Masha. The variety is densely branched, the stems grow up to 80 cm. The flowers are small, funnel-shaped, 5–7 cm in diameter. The petals are bright, pink in color, the core is light yellow.
- Ramblin Neon Rose. This hybrid has large flowers of rich, purple color. The shrub plant can rise to 35 cm. Stems densely covered with flowers.
- Black velvet. It stands out among all the amazing color. The bush is quite branchy and grows to a height of 30–35 cm. Flowers are 8 cm in diameter. Black petals create a velvet effect.
Planting petunias in open ground
Once the seedlings get stronger in the tank, you can choose a place in the open ground for planting. To make the transplant process without complicationsSome recommendations should be considered:
- it is necessary to replant a petunia in cloudy weather, in the evening,
- in the soil the plant must be transferred along with a clod of soil from the tank,
- seedling holes must be at least 10 by 10 cm.
It is very important to accurately determine the distance between seedlings. Usually guided by the size of the seedlings. If a variety with large flowers, the seedlings are planted no closer than 25 cm from each other. For petunias with small flowers, an interval of 18 cm is appropriate. If varieties of ampelous petunia are planted, then for them the optimal distance is 28 cm.
After transplant rooting of the plant should be carried out. For this, the soil is mulched with humus or peat. Thus, the flower will be protected from temperature extremes and humidity will remain at an acceptable level.
When all of the above steps are completed, the plant should be watered.
Petunia diseases and control
A plant whose leaves wither or turn yellow has most likely been attacked by fungi or pests. There are other symptoms that indicate that the petunia is sick and needs extra care. The most common diseases are:
- Blackleg. With this ailment, the stem of the plant becomes watery and black. Reasons - the overwetted soil and dense planting. The causative agent of the disease is a fungus. The disease spreads very quickly - the leg collapses, the flowers turn pale. Treatment - treatment with special means.
- Gray rot. In this disease, the leaves are covered with a scurf of gray color, which subsequently rot. The causative agent of the disease is a fungus. The reasons are lack of lighting, low temperature, thick planting and abundant watering. Treatment - special chemicals. Treatment is effective only at the onset of the disease.
- Brown spotting. Stains appear on the foliage that lead to petunia wilt. Causes - increased air humidity, mechanical damage. Treatment - spraying preparations containing copper.
To protect against disease, you need to properly water the plant, maintain the correct distance when planting, and observe the temperature regime.
Description of ampelous petunia
First you need to figure out what the word "ampel" means? The name comes from the word of German origin ampel - hanging vase. Hence ampelous flowers are called, which are grown in hanging pot, pots, baskets.
Ampelnaya has elastic downward shoots. Their length can reach from 30 to 120 cm. The leaves are soft, green with slight pubescence. On the shoots are placed a lot of flowers in the form resembling a bell. Their diameter ranges from 3 to 10 cm, depending on the variety.
Appearance also depends on the variety. The stems are directed downward, hang down, have loops, most often used for hanging pots, balcony boxes. Flowers can be monophonic and two-color. The middle of a more saturated color.
Petunia ampelous is unusual shades and different forms. The hybrids introduced over the last 10 years are more resistant, characterized by abundant and long flowering.
The best varieties of ampelous petunia are:
- Surfinia - the variety is represented by various shades (grown with cuttings). It is characterized by good branching, resistance to weather conditions.
- The Snow Queen - shoots of medium length, flowers of white color with a delicate aroma.
- Velveteen - leaves and flowers have a velvety surface. It is considered a good honey plant.
- Avalanche - a series of varieties represented by "Avalanche Pink", "Avalanche White" and "Avalanche Purple", characterized by high decorative and long flowering period, increased fragility.
- Opera - flowers are predominantly red, pink and white shades, small buds.
- Catherine - refers to the hybrid varieties. Flowers in diameter of about 5 cm, have a yellowish-reddish tint.
Planting and care
Proper care and cultivation of amunoi petunia provides intensive flowering for several months. If this species grows in standing tanks, the middle becomes not so lush, it thins. Therefore, it is preferable to use hanging pots.
Features of planting and caring for a flower:
- Seeds are recommended to be sown in spring. Many small-flowered varieties bloom after 10 weeks, and large-flowered - after 12 weeks.
- Earth is picked up nutritious and loose, pre-moistened before sowing. Good drainage is provided. Pebbles or expanded clay are placed on the bottom of the tank.
- Seeds of ampelous petunia are presoaked in potassium permanganate.
- Seeding is required sparse. The optimum temperature is 21-24 degrees. Within 7-10 days after sowing, under all conditions, the first shoots appear.
- After the appearance of several full-fledged leaves, the seedlings dive to a permanent place, 3-4 plants should be planted in a pot.
- In order for the flower to take root, it is fed with complex fertilizers once every 4 weeks. For abundant flowering fertilizers are applied with a predominance of potassium and magnesium.
- Plant care is to water and regularly loosen the top layer of soil. Moisturizing should be abundant, in the hot season - 2 times a day.
- For the splendor of flowering and beautiful appearance, all dried buds are removed.
- The place for transplantation is selected sunny, without drafts.
Making plants on video:
Petunia is propagated much more quickly by cutting. This is a good way to decorate a garden without acquiring a lot of planting material. Flowering with this breeding is observed in a month. The procedure can be carried out in spring and summer. On the south side of the plant, the upper part of the shoot is cut; if there is a flower, it must be removed.
In the spring rooting is carried out in the sand, in the summer you can mix the sand with the ground from the site in the ratio of 1 to 1. Ground mixture is disinfected with a solution of potassium permanganate.
Before planting, the stem of the stem is dipped into the “Kornevin” preparation and buried 2 cm into the ground, covered with a plastic container to create a greenhouse effect. After 2 weeks, landing on a permanent place. To obtain beautiful drop-down loops, the plant does not pinch.
- greatly expands to the side.
Due to the vast number of varieties, it is possible to create whole compositions, combining the colors and shapes of plants. Petunia ampelous and cascade suitable for cultivation, both at home and in the open field.
It is necessary to distinguish two types of plants: petunia ampelous real and petunia cascade. The difference of the shoots is in appearance, stem length, growth, adaptation and growing features.
Flower growers distinguish the following varietal characteristics of plants
The equally popular varieties include super-cascade petunia. Differs large flowers, reaching 12 cm in diameter. It blooms quite early and long period of time. Often used for growing in balcony pots, hanging baskets and vases.
When the buyer is faced with the choice of a particular plant, many wonder: what is the difference between ampelous and cascade petunia.
Cascade hybrids of petunias have three varieties:
- flexible and durable stems growing down
- the growth of the stems just up with a gradual fall down,
- short lashes with short lashings (super cascade petunia).
Understanding all the main differences, features of growth and cultivation, you can choose the most suitable plant for home or cottage.
- prepare a container with soil and sand substrate
- it is necessary to use quality soil,
- before planting the flower seeds are mixed with sand in a ratio of 1: 5,
- it is better to use not pure seeds, but in a shell, in order to protect the plant from diseases and mechanical damage,
- February and March are ideal months for disembarking,
- with a lack of lighting, you need to organize it yourself,
- it is necessary to moisten the seeds already sown from the sprayer and cover with a transparent film,
- the temperature of the room should not be higher than 25 degrees,
- when the first shoots appear, the flooring should be removed,
- watering should be minimal,
- Nitrogen fertilizer may be used several times a month as feed.
To grow a petunia super-cascade burgundy with lush flowers, you need to systematically pinch the plant. The procedure is to remove the shoots when they reach the top of the stem by 10 cm.
The following pinching is carried out when reaching a shoot height of 15 cm. Cut plants can be put into the water. They take root and can be used to grow flowers in pots or boxes.
The procedure is carried out to give the plant abundant growth, flowering and nutrition. Three weeks after the shoot emerges, the petunia should be placed in a separate container.
The soil is pre-wetted so that the plant can be removed safely. Transplanted flowers are stored in a well-lit, ventilated room with an air temperature of at least 22 degrees.
Reproduction by cuttings
Cuttings should be cut at an angle. It is important to ensure that there are already a few leaves on the shoots. Cuttings are placed in warm water. As soon as they begin to let the soybean roots and petunia can be placed in the ground.
With this method of transplanting to grow petunia supercascade blue f1 can be no earlier than 35 days.
The cascade petunia and ampelnaya look beautiful in hanging pots. This is a great decoration for any balcony, loggia or arbor. The soil is selected in a specialty store, as it must be necessarily loose, light and waterproof. It is not necessary to plant in one pots flowers with a different period and size of flowering. Conditions for growing must be the same.
Do not forget about the systematic fertilization of plants with the help of minerals, nutrients and trace elements. Благодаря незначительному отличию разных сортов петунии можно создавать неповторимые композиции различных размеров и палитры цветов. Главное – соблюдать условия выращивания и ухода.
Ампельная петуния — это вид растения, кустик которого не прямостоячий, а образующий свисающие побеги. На каждой веточке очень много цветов. Amplum petunia is usually planted in pots, but sometimes it can grow in a flower bed.: in this case, the shoots spread along the ground, forming a blooming carpet. Strong and elastic shoots of ampelous petunia can grow up to 1.5 meters in length, growing from the main stem downwards.
Cascade petunia is essentially a kind of ampelous petunia, the length of the shoots can reach 2 meters, the shoots are strong, elastic, they grow from the main stem in different directions, including upwards and to the sides. This petunia is also called sprawling.
Cascade petunia looks good in the gazebos, on the verandas, trellis, alpine hills, can serve as a ground cover. In the latter case, the petunias need a lot of space for lashes growing to the sides - up to 2 meters.
What is the difference?
In the photo you can see the ampelny and cascade varieties of petunias and understand what the difference between them is.
- In ampelous sprouts grow only down from the very beginning., and in order to have more, sprout ampelous petunias pinch.
- Cascade shoots can grow in different directions.. It does not need to pinch the shoots, it reduces the growth rate and weakens the plant. And without this procedure, the buds, and later the flowers become a lot, the lash falls down under their weight.
Pruning flowers and seed boxes
That the bush always looked beautiful, Amplum petunia should be cut at least once a week.. At the same time, the flowering inflorescences should be cut off together with the seed pods, so that the plant does not waste its energy on setting fruit. If this is not done, the petunias enter into a phase of fruiting, all forces go to the setting of seeds, new flowers are not laid, and there is a complete loss of decoration.
Cascade petunia is not cut during the entire flowering period.
Accommodation in vases and watering
For ampel varieties of petunias, small hanging pots or flowerpots will suffice. However, it should be remembered that the green mass of this plant is very large, and the root system is limited. Therefore, it is necessary to water the ampelous petunia often, in the heat - up to two times a day. You can add a hydrogel to the soil - then the moisture will last longer.
When watering, you need to make sure that the water penetrates into both the upper and lower layers of the soil and does not spill out of the pots too quickly. To do this, a vase with flowers for a short time is completely placed in a container with water.
Cascade petunias are planted in large pots of at least 5 liters, as well as on flowerbeds, alpine slides, on supports or hedges. Water them less often as the land dries. Be sure to loosening, which will provide good air exchange for the roots of petunias.
- Feed a cascade petunia during flowering every 7–10 days complex water-soluble mineral fertilizers with a high content of potassium and phosphorus.
- Ammune varieties of petunias are fed more often - every 5–7 days, individual varieties even once every 2-3 days with complex liquid fertilizer also with a high content of phosphorus and potassium.
What kind is better: selection criteria
Both types of petunias are very beautiful, bright, long-flowering, not too demanding to care. The main selection criterion is the needs of the gardener, depending on the design of the site:
- If you want to decorate the terrace, gazebo, wall of the house, then it is better to choose an ampelous petunia: the flowers will fall from a vase with a multi-colored waterfall.
- If a ground cover plant is needed, there are alpine slides in the garden, flowerbeds with large flowerpots in the center, trellis - a cascade petunia will be a good choice: it will cover the trellis or hedge from all sides and form a flowering cascade on the flowerbed.
Features of ampelous petunia
A distinctive feature of ampelous varieties is determined by careful study of the species and methods of its cultivation. Let's figure it out.
The plant forms bushes with dangling shoots, they look strictly down, do not fall apart and do not rise. The length of the branches is from 30 to 120 cm, it all depends on the variety. When grown in hanging tanks, the plant can be given any shape. The leaves are pubescent, at the tips of the shoots they are small, and those that are higher are larger.
Basically, all ampelous forms are covered with bell-shaped flowers, with more buds forming small-flowered varieties. The diameter of an open flower can be from 3 to 10 cm, both large and small flowers bloom simultaneously on one bush.
Color varied, from white to dark purple. Monophonic and two-colored varieties are found. On one lash can be placed buds of different shades. When planting different varieties in one pots, the flowers do not pereopilyatsya, it turns out very bright, unsuited and completely independent composition. Bushes bloom profusely from late June to the first autumn frosts.
Features of cascade and super cascade petunias
Cascade petunia was bred in the 60s of the nineteenth century as a result of cell hybridization. From all other species, ampelous or “hanging” petunia differs in length and flexibility of stems that grow downward, as if cascading down. It grows quickly, grows well. Often hanging cascades petunias can be found in hanging pots on balconies, window frames, terraces, gazebos, lampposts.
At length shoots of cascade petunias reach 1-2.5 meters. The size, color of flowers, duration of flowering and methods of reproduction vary depending on the type of plant. The main feature of all cascade petunias is resistance to cold and adverse weather conditions.
By the way, sometimes ampelous petunia and cascade petunia are distinguished into separate species, although there are no fundamental differences in their form or in their care.
Popular varieties of cascade and super cascade petunias
We have already said that breeders are not indifferent to petunias. Vivid evidence of this is the many varieties and hybrids of this flower.
All varieties and hybrids of cascade petunias can be divided into three groups:
- with flexible, durable lateral stems that grow downward,
- with stems that grow up, and as they reach a certain length, they fall down,
- short lashes with short lashings (super cascade petunia).
Speaking about popular varieties, it is necessary to mention that such petunia is super cascade. Supercascade – This is a cultivar of a large-flowered petunia, which forms continuously flowering cascades of many large (12 cm in diameter) flowers. It is characterized by early and longer flowering. Forms not very long, but well-branched shoots. This series is often used for planting in balcony boxes, flowerpots, hanging baskets.
What love cascade petunias
Since petunia was originally a resident of hot and humid countries, she loves warmth, plenty of moisture and a long light day. However, in the process of selection, hybrids were bred that endure the absence of these factors. Petunia cascade and its varieties just belong to the category of weather resistant. However, like all plants, when grown, it requires adherence to certain agrotechnical rules.
Choosing a landing site: what should be the lighting, humidity and temperature
Since all petunias are warm and light-loving, if you plant it in the garden, it is better to take care of it to grow in an open, sunny place. In the shade the shoots are too stretched, the leaves become larger, and the flowers are smaller. If you plant it on windows or balconies, then it is better to do it from the south-west or south side.
Petunia is resistant to droughts and excessive moisture, but does not tolerate stagnant water. The plant can withstand temperatures up to -10 ° C. Sensitive to high temperatures.
Usually, petunia easily tolerates adverse weather conditions, however, shoots and flowers can be damaged by rain and wind. Therefore, if the flowers grow in pots, in such weather they are best moved to a safe place or think it over in advance.
Pots for growing cascade petunias
When choosing a pot for this plant, it should be borne in mind that it is not recommended to plant more than one flower in a capacity of up to 5 liters. Otherwise, fighting for a place in the sun, they will interfere with each other and lose their decorative effect. In large pots with sizes of 10-14 liters two or three plants can get along. In the case of planting petunias in pots, it is necessary to take into account that the distance between the stems of plants must be at least 15-20 cm.
In the pots with a diameter of 28 cm, 3-5 double petunias and 5-7 ordinary cascade ones can be planted.
Cascade petunias live well in fertile soils, however they prefer loamy and sandy loam most of all. The ground should be loose, moist, light and neutral in acidity.
For planting in pots, you can use the following soil composition:
- turf ground (2),
- leafy ground (2),
- peat (1),
- coarse river sand (1).
The technology of landing cascade and super cascade petunias (seeding scheme + terms).
Very much depends on the quality of planting material - it’s better to stop your choice on imported seeds. And be sure to buy them only in proven specialized stores.
The recommended time for sowing is February. At home - the end of March. In this case, the flowering need to wait in May and June.
For sowing, it is necessary to take a shallow container with a drainage hole, fill it with the substrate, not getting 1-1.5 cm to the edge. Petunias are sown on the surface of the soil, not powdered with earth, otherwise they simply will not germinate. In order to make it easier to level, resorted to using a toothpick.
Sown seeds should be sprinkled with water and covered with plastic wrap or glass, paper, and agrotechnical tissue. (Some petunia breeders advise planting seeds in food containers with lids.)
The room where the seeds germinate should be well lit, it is important to maintain the temperature in it not lower than + 20 ° С (optimal - + 23 ° С). Since ample plants need a lot of light, it would be very good to arrange additional lighting for 14-20 hours. At home, you can use a fluorescent lamp.
Periodically crops need to be aired (for 10-15 minutes), and also to check the soil moisture.
Shoots should appear within one to two weeks. If after this period they have not yet appeared, it is not worth waiting for them - either the sprouts will not be at all, or the plants from them will come out weak and unsuitable.
Proper care of seedlings, feeding cascade petunias (+ transplanting in open ground or in hanging pots)
When the ends of the leaflets of the seedlings touch the lid or glass, the container with them should be opened. From now on, it is very necessary to control the soil moisture - it is important not to overdry or pour it. Watering is carried out in the pan or under the root.
As soon as the seedlings can be picked up with your fingers (or with the appearance of three leaves), they need to be picked out - planted in separate containers.
In order for the flowers to give good side shoots and not to stretch out strongly, during this period they need to organize the temperature regime at + 18-20 ° C, at night - + 15 ° C. In no case should water the leaves.
A week after picking, the plants need to be fed with a universal complex fertilizer. If the seedlings are weakened, they can be helped with nitrogen fertilizers.
Subject to all recommendations and successful shoots, seedlings will be ready for transplanting into a flower bed by mid-May - early June. If the weather is favorable at the same time, seedlings can be planted in balcony boxes or hanging pots.
How to care for an adult plant
When your petunia has grown, you need to continue to control two factors: soil moisture and the presence of nutrients in it. In addition, in order for the petunia to have a beautiful shape and bloom magnificently, you should get rid of the top shoots and extra inflorescences. This is done by pinching. If you are wondering if you need to pinch a cascade petunia, we highly recommend it, since this procedure is necessary for it to properly form and grow.
Primary pinching is done when the bush enters the phase of active growth and the shoots reach a length of 5-7 cm. At this point, the growing point above the fifth leaf is removed. This will allow the side shoots to grow. From the bosom of each leaf grows a new shoot. Perform this procedure on a monthly basis.
They also hold a weekly pinch of cascade petunias, removing excess buds along with seed pods. So you will help the plant to bloom more abundantly, because the removal of the ovary stimulates the development of new flower buds.
Features of watering cascade petunias
It is necessary to water a petunia daily, during the dry period - twice a day. Water should infiltrate the entire soil, from top to bottom, as evidenced by its leakage through the drainage holes. Also, plants will enjoy the daily spraying of the spray. It is advisable to put the pots weekly in a container with cold water. With the onset of cold weather, the amount of watering is reduced.
Breeding methods for cascade and super cascade petunias
In addition to the seed method, cascade petunia can multiply vegetatively. To do this in the fall should select healthy, well-developed plants, which later become maternal. The biggest problem with reproduction in this way will be to ensure proper conditions for the preservation of queen cells — good long-term illumination and a temperature regime of + 12-15 ° C. The cuttings are carried out in February-March. For cuttings use the upper parts of the shoots with a length of 4-6 cm. They are immediately planted in the substrate and covered with a film or lutrasil.
For root formation, a temperature of + 20-22 ° C is suitable. Under normal conditions, the roots are formed in 6-10 days. After another 10-12 days, the cuttings can be planted in pots, after pinching their tops for the proper formation of cascade petunias.
So, we have analyzed in detail how it is necessary to cultivate cascade and super cascade petunia and under what conditions it must be grown. Following these recommendations, you will definitely be able to grow beautiful waterfalls from flowers that will delight you with their flowering throughout the summer.