Hawthorn is a tall shrub of the genus Pink. It grows in temperate latitudes, grows wild in North America and Eurasia. On the territory of the Russian Federation, two types are most common: hawthorn, large-fruited and blood-red (the people-so-called garden hawthorn, the benefits and harms of which will be discussed). Black hawthorn growing in the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Balkan Peninsula is no less famous.
It is a valuable medicinal plant, planted with a decorative purpose, is considered a good honey plant.
Wild hawthorn berries were used with a health benefit in ancient China and Asia, first to treat diarrhea, and then to improve the functioning of the vessels and the heart. Cultivated plant species were bred in the 16th century.
What does hawthorn help and what is useful for, how to take and herbal medicine with plant preparations can be harmful, read our new article.
Healing properties of hawthorn
All parts of the plant have medicinal value, the greatest - flowers and fruits of hawthorn. Various preparations are made from leaves, bark, flowers, young twigs and fruits (dry and fresh), both in pharmacology and in traditional medicine. Fresh fruits are good raw materials for jam, marmalade, marmalade, jam and even wine. Dried fruits are a frequent component of teas and herbal teas.
Dried and frozen hawthorn fruits contain almost all phytonutrients inherent in fresh berries.
Hawthorn has the following healing properties:
The beneficial properties of hawthorn for the heart and blood vessels, the most common reason for its use, are as follows:
- has a vasodilator effect,
- tones myocardium
- provides the supply of oxygen in the required amount
- reduces the frequency but increases the strength of the heartbeat,
- normalizes rhythm
- reduces the excitability of the heart,
- improves coronary blood flow.
Eliminates the symptoms of mild tachycardia and atrial fibrillation. Normalizes cholesterol and blood clotting, prevents atherosclerotic plaques. Eliminates vascular spasm.
It has been proven that hawthorn has a calming effect without inhibiting the central nervous system, reduces the excitability of the nervous system, helps normalize sleep. Antioxidant effect allows the plant to be used to prevent the formation of tumors (malignant and benign), increase immunity and recuperate after past diseases.
Hawthorn has a positive effect on all body systems and is indicated for the following diseases and conditions:
- constriction of cerebral vessels,
- arterial hypertension,
- coronary insufficiency
- elevated blood cholesterol
- biliary dyskinesia,
- pathology of the liver and gall bladder,
- infertility (male and female)
- menopausal disorders
Fresh fruits contain:
- vitamins (ascorbic acid, tocopherols, K, PP) and carotenoids,
- mineral substances (magnesium, iron, aluminum, potassium, calcium, copper, cobalt, molybdenum, bout, iodine, manganese),
- choline and acetylcholine,
- triterpenic acids:
- olean - tones and strengthens the blood supply to the heart, brain,
- Ursol - has a healing and anti-inflammatory effect,
- chlorogenic - normalizes the function of the kidneys and liver, has a choleretic effect.
- organic acids (tartaric, caffeic and citric). Caffeic acid has antibacterial properties, promotes biliary excretion,
- fiber (dietary fiber),
- Quercitrin - reduces the permeability of the vascular wall, improves capillary elasticity. Antioxidant,
- Quercetin - improves cerebral circulation.
- hyperoside - improves myocardial contractility and cardiac output,
- Vitexin - has a vasodilating effect, improves metabolism in the heart muscle.
- essential oil.
Hawthorn belongs not only to the ornamental, but also to medicinal plants, widespread throughout the world, growing in temperate climates. It is found in forest glades, in thicker and more often on forest edges. This shrub is unpretentious to the soil and therefore can grow in almost any soil.
Translated from the Greek hawthorn translates as "strong", because its wood has a high hardness and strength. Hawthorn can reach heights of up to four meters, and its life expectancy is 400 years.
The plant begins to bloom in late May with beautiful white or pink flowers. During its flowering hawthorn attracts a lot of bees. In the autumn ripen berries are dark red or orange.
Useful properties of fruits
Berries are very useful for human health, their unique properties are used in the treatment and prevention of diseases of the heart and blood vessels, to regulate blood pressure and good GI work. And also they are used as a remedy for insomnia, stress and overwork.
Despite the fact that in our time, scientific and technical progress is rapidly "stepped up" forward, scientists are still completely unknown chemical composition, which would explain the effectiveness of this shrub. According to one of the versions, the plant polyphenols contained in it - flavonoids - give it healing properties. These polyphenols give the walls of blood vessels strength and neutralize free radicals found in the human body.
- Vitexin - stimulates the expansion of blood vessels and improves metabolism in the heart muscle.
- Hyperozide - improves blood flow in the heart and enriches it with potassium.
- Quercitrin - gives elasticity to the walls of blood vessels, improves cerebral circulation.
In addition to flavonoidsThe fruit contains various acids that are necessary for the body:
- Oleanolovaya - increases blood supply to the brain and heart, relieves spasm of the arteries, fights harmful cholesterol.
- Ursolovaya - dilates coronary vessels, reduces pressure, has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect.
- Chlorogenic - has an antioxidant effect, nourishes the cells with oxygen, improves the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
The berries are composed of a lot of carotene, vitamins A, C, E and K. Some varieties of shrubs compete in carotene with carrots and rosehip berries. The fruit is sorbitol, which is recommended to use with diabetes.
And also in berries there are a lot of such elements as:
Reception, tinctures and decoctions has a complex beneficial effect on various systems and organs of a person.
- At the heart, the berries have a vasodilating effect, tone the heartbeats and help increase the flow of oxygen into the blood.
- They lower the pulse rate, equalize the heart rate and allow the heart to contract with the necessary force. Due to this, cardiac excitability and fatigue are reduced, the blood circulation of the brain and coronary blood flow are improved.
- Hawthorn fruit in any dosage form reduces tachycardia and atrial fibrillation.
- The plant improves blood clotting, normalizes cholesterol levels and prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques. It is also useful in the spasm of blood vessels.
- A sedative effect on the nervous system occurs, over-irritability decreases, and sleep normalizes.
Fruits have other beneficial properties..
- They help with various forms of gastritis, flatulence, normalize the work of the digestive system as a whole.
- Infusions and tinctures of the berries of the plant help with headaches, dizziness and shortness of breath.
- Hawthorn has an antioxidant effect, improves immunity, restores the body after infectious diseases and prevents the occurrence of tumors.
- Women who are breastfeeding are recommended to take hawthorn to stimulate the formation of milk.
- The plant is widely used in cosmetology. Creams and ointments based on it help restore skin moisture, relieve swelling and tone up.
For the manufacture of medicines used berries varieties:
- blood red and others
These species are better studied by scientists and contain substances that have a beneficial effect on the work of the heart, in much larger quantities than others.
Drugs are made of berries in various forms:
- Vegetable raw materials.
- Extracts of various percentages.
Healing properties of flowers
The healing properties of hawthorn flowers are similar to those of fruits. But for the treatment of diseases of various kinds, they appear better than the berries. For example, flowers differ from berries by improved characteristics of substances for lowering blood pressure. But in some cases they are also harmful, as will be discussed below.
To enhance the usefulness of flowers, you need to take into account a number of recommendations..
- Flowers are harvested for the winter to prepare further infusions, decoctions and alcohol tinctures.
- The flowering period lasts about three days, during which you need to have time to prepare flowers for the winter.
- Gather the flowers, which opened completely when flowering, they are carefully cut together with a small part of the stem.
- The harvest is made in the morning, then the flowers are dried and stored in a dark, dry place.
- For maximum preservation of nutrients flowers should be collected in the morning and in dry weather in mid-autumn. They are then dried, after which they can be stored for two years.
Contraindications and possible harm to flowers and fruits
Like any other plant, hawthorn will have a beneficial effect on the human body only if the rules for its use are observed. Before using it for the treatment of various diseases, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
- Acceptance of decoctions and infusions for a long time can lead to depression of the heart and decrease its rhythm. With long-term consumption of berries in the plant can cause light food poisoning.
- Medication on the basis of this plant on an empty stomach is contraindicated, as this leads to intestinal spasms or blood vessels.
- Infusions and tinctures are recommended to be applied two hours after meals.
- After taking the broth or tincture they do not need to drink cold water, as this can cause intestinal cramps and pain in the stomach.
In rare cases, improper use of hawthorn-based medicines can lead to serious consequences.
- The use of hawthorn is contraindicated for people who are important in the work speed of reaction. For example, drivers of various vehicles and workers employed in mechanized production. Since even insignificant abuse of drugs based on this plant, leads to drowsiness and relaxation of the body.
- Doctors do not recommend the use of hawthorn preparations for pregnant and lactating women. It is important to know that even compresses from the berries greatly reduce the amount of breast milk.
- There is a danger in individual intolerance to drugs based on hawthorn berries and flowers.
- In rare cases, exceeding the dosage of drugs can lead to miscarriage due to the high content of vitamin C, which stimulates an increase in the tone of the uterus. In this situation, it is obligatory to consult with a doctor who will prescribe another drug.
The use of drugs containing hawthorn after a stroke is prohibited. Infusion or tea from flowers is not recommended for those who suffer from kidney diseases and impaired cardiac muscle.
When prescribing medicines with hawthorn by a doctor, strict adherence to the instructions of the doctor is required. Doctors do not recommend taking the decoctions of the berries to children, as they cause increased drowsiness.
With moderate dosage hawthorn has a small number of contraindications. The main thing is not to abuse drugs, which include hawthorn. Its main danger is that it acts rather slowly, gradually exerting its effect on the body. Due to this, a negative effect may occur after a few days.
Absolutely all medicinal plants, as well as hawthorn, are dangerous to human health, if you do not know how and in what dosages to use it.
Infusions for the heart and nerves
Very useful tincture of berries or hawthorn flowers, cooked yourself.
- With heart failureaccompanied by a weak threadlike pulse, and a generally unsatisfactory condition, it is recommended to use hawthorn infusion prepared as follows: 50 g of hawthorn flowers, 20 g of horsetail and 30 g of bird mountaineer are crushed. All herbs are thoroughly mixed and poured boiling water. The composition is allowed to stand for a day, after which it is filtered and ingested several times a day after meals.
- For pain in the heart and nervous system disorders, such a collection is used: four parts of hawthorn flowers, dried eggs and motherwort are taken, one part of the daisy collection is added to them, and everything is mixed. Brew and use the infusion should be the same as the above.
Universal tincture and tea
- They take about 25 medium-sized berries or 50 g of hawthorn flowers and fill them with 100 g of alcohol. After a few days, the tincture is filtered and taken orally after a meal. This tincture helps with vasospasms, with coronary heart disease and as a remedy after suffering severe ailments. Tinctures of hawthorn flowers are used to treat atherosclerosis, angina pectoris and general weakness of the body.
- Hawthorn is used as a tonic for the human body. Thanks to his ability to restore and tone up various human systems. In these cases, use the drinks and decoctions from the petals of the plant, prepared as ordinary tea.
Thus, hawthorn is a plant that brings great benefit to man. But at the same time, it is necessary to treat it with caution and to take into account the recommendations of doctors.
Useful properties of hawthorn
We have not yet succeeded in studying the complete chemical composition of the fruits and flowers of the plant, but the doctors do not doubt that the benefits of hawthorn are obvious. As a rule, it is used for prophylactic purposes and in the treatment of non-acute conditions. What is useful hawthorn? Doctors believe that the main beneficial properties of plants consist in the presence of plant polyphenols, flavonoids. These elements prevent the fragility of vessel walls and help neutralize free radicals in the body, for example:
- Hyperozide. Increases glucose utilization, saturates the heart with potassium ions and oxygen. This helps to improve myocardial contractility, cardiac output.
- Quercetin. Reduces permeability, has an antitumor, antioxidant effect, reduces permeability, improves capillary elasticity
- Vitexin. Expands blood vessels, improves metabolic processes in the heart muscle.
- Quercetin. It is considered an excellent preventive tool for circulatory disorders in the brain, cardiovascular diseases. Quercetin intake reduces the likelihood of cataracts.
Another useful element that affects the beneficial properties is acids. They are part of the flowers, hawthorn fruit, for example:
- Olean - strengthens, tones the blood supply to the heart and brain.
- Ursolovaya - has wound healing, anti-inflammatory effect.
- Chlorgene - helps to normalize the function of the liver, kidneys, has anti-sclerotic, choleretic effect.
- Coffee - promotes the secretion of bile, has strong antibacterial properties.
Hawthorn berries contain provitamin A, carotene, vitamins E, K, C. Some varieties have the same level of carotene as wild rose or carrot. As part of the product is sorbitol, sugar, which are recommended for diabetes. High rate of magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium and trace elements of copper, zinc, manganese. After freezing hawthorn berries, the amount of tannins decreases, the fruits become not so tart, a little sweeter.
Hawthorn during pregnancy
For many tablets the main contraindication is the period of carrying a child. For this reason, future mothers are interested in whether hawthorn is suitable for pregnant women. Перед приемом следует проконсультироваться с врачом, который знает ваш анамнез. Лечебные свойства боярышника в этом случае хорошо раскрываются в составе чая. Чтобы добиться положительного результата, следует знать, как правильно заварить ягоды.
Концентрация боярышника должна быть небольшой. This tea helps to normalize the nervous system of a woman, to cope with insomnia and does not have a negative effect. Prepare the infusion can be based on black or green tea. Another option that can be taken during pregnancy is described below. Cooking Instructions:
- You need 2 tbsp. l yogurt / kefir, banana, ½ tsp honey and 1 tbsp. l concentrated hawthorn infusion.
- Stir all ingredients.
- Beat with a mixer in the foam.
The healing properties of hawthorn help to relax the walls of the vessel, which favorably affects the pressure. It is recommended to take only those who are diagnosed with hypertension, hypotensive, this tool is included in contraindications. Tincture of hawthorn pressure helps to cope with tinnitus, headaches, dizziness. Recommend the reception of folk remedies with high cholesterol, low lecithin. This will improve blood clotting and its condition.
The therapeutic properties of hawthorn tincture are sufficient for the initial stage of hypertension. For more serious conditions, you will need additional medications that your doctor will prescribe. When taking home remedies in the later stages of the disease, you should definitely inform your doctor so that he takes this condition into account when drawing up a course of treatment. This is due to the fact that the folk remedy enhances the action of cardiac drugs, the doctor can reduce the dosage of drugs against this background.
Hawthorn for the heart
This plant is used in the prevention and treatment of coronary disease. Hawthorn is useful for the heart due to its ability to lower cholesterol in the blood, which prevents the formation and deposition of plaques. The beneficial effect of the plant is proven in cases of angina pectoris, substances from the composition improve fat metabolism. ECG shows significant improvements in ischemic heart disease after taking this folk remedy.
There is a positive effect, provided long-term, regular reception of hawthorn. It is important to drink the drug strictly according to the dosage prescribed by the doctor. It is necessary to combine treatment with proper nutrition, a healthy lifestyle and medicines that the doctor will prescribe for admission as part of a course of therapy. Although the tool is considered popular, but you can buy it at the pharmacy.
Hawthorn tincture - the benefits and harm
Any medical drugs have a certain list of adverse (harmful) effects. Tincture of hawthorn is no exception. If you take too much money, negative consequences may occur. For this reason, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking it. Hawthorn - beneficial properties and contraindications are based on the characteristics of the human body, the course of the disease. About the positive qualities of the plant is written in the sections above, below is a list of negative effects that may occur.
- Overly prolonged use may lead to depression of the heart rhythm (arrhythmia).
- A large number of fruits can cause mild poisoning.
- The probability of a spasm of vessels, intestines, vomiting increases in case of treatment on an empty stomach. You should reduce the dosage or take strictly 2 hours after a meal.
- Hot flashes, colic occur if you drink cold water after taking hawthorn.
- Hypertensive patients are advised not to use fruits, but flowers for the treatment of heart diseases.
Hawthorn - contraindications
One of the main advantages of this tool is its harmlessness. Long-term use has a beneficial effect on the entire human body. However, the use of the fruit has some limitations, for example, there are contraindications of hawthorn:
- Dried fruits, flowers, infusions are prohibited for children under 12 years of age.
- It is necessary to strictly observe the dosage, the recommended amount per day - 150 g of berries. Reception of a large number of means sharply lowers the pressure.
- It is contraindicated to drink on an empty stomach, because it will lead to intestinal, vascular spasms, vomiting, nausea.
- A contraindication is the combination with antiarrhythmic cardiac drugs.
- Mild poisoning causes intake of immature berries.
- The main contraindication to the use of berries - hypotension, because they further reduce the pressure.
How to make hawthorn
If contraindications in your case do not prohibit reception, then the hawthorn decoction or tincture is easily prepared at home. If desired, you can buy a ready-made product at a pharmacy, but if you have components, you can make the medicine yourself. Here are some cooking examples:
- Take 1 tbsp. fresh berries (frozen for the winter are not suitable). Put in any dishes, knead the wooden tolkushkoy.
- Fill the berry mass with 70% alcohol (about 200 ml).
- At least 3 weeks the mixture should be stored in a dark place. Shake the container daily.
- Then strain the tincture into a thermos and you can start using it.
- Need 150 grams of dried fruit. Carefully check that all the pieces are crushed or crushed.
- Pour the ground berries 1 liter of vodka.
- For 20 days, put the product in a dark place.
- Strain the infusion into a convenient container. The liquid should become a yellow-red hue.
Berries should be picked, washed and dried, then placed in a plastic bag or container and freezer with deep freezing (-18 C). Similarly, frozen mashed berries.
Frozen fruits retain all properties for 1 year. When frozen, tannins are destroyed, berries become less tart. Repeated freezing of berries is unacceptable, therefore, hawthorn is better prepared in portions, in small packages.
Dry raw materials can be purchased at the pharmacy, but it is better to prepare yourself, starting from the end of September until the very frost. Ripened fruits are bright red, orange or yellow.
- The berries are picked, washed and dried, spread out in a single layer on a wire rack or baking tray and place in a well ventilated place. Hawthorn dries naturally in 5-7 days. You can dry the fruits in an electric dryer at T up to 60 C or in an open oven, setting T 30 C. Dry fruits lose 3-4 times in volume and weight, acquire a specific smell and a bitter aftertaste.
- Cilium inflorescences and buds are also suitable for harvesting, but the ovary is not. Hawthorn blooms in late May-early June: abundant, but not for long, only 4-7 days. Dry in ventilated attics.
Dry raw materials are stored in glass jars or canvas bags. Dried fruits and flowers retain their properties for 2 years - this is official data, but folk healers claim that the term is much longer, up to 8 years.
A useful product that with moderate use protects against colds, maintains coronary vascular tone, speeds up the metabolism, helps in the treatment and prevention of neuroses. Recommended from cholesterol (with high blood levels).
Pre-made sourdough: about 70 grams. unwashed raisins put in a glass dish, add 50 grams. sugar and 200 ml of water. Cover with a cloth and leave to warm. Sourdough is ready when it starts to form foam, hiss and a slight smell of fermentation.
Frozen, unwashed hawthorn fruits (this is important) weighing about 2.5 kg are put in a clean and dry sterile glass container, filled with syrup obtained from 5 liters of water and 500 grams. sugar and injected leaven. It is important that about 25% of free space remains for the gases to escape. Put in a room with T 18-24 C, put on a glove pierced in several places. After 3 days, pour 500 ml of the wort, dilute 1 kg of sugar in it and reintroduce it into the dish with wine. After 7 days, filter the wine, enter 500 gr. sugar and withstand another 30-35 days. When the wine ceases to ferment and release gas, it becomes transparent - it can be consumed. The output is about 5 liters of wine, which should be packaged in clean bottles and put in a cellar for storage (valid for 3 years). Take 100 ml 1-2 times a day.
Pharmaceutical preparations of hawthorn
The pharmacopoeia uses flowers and fruits of prickly hawthorn, ordinary, blood-red to produce drugs, which are very many. Let's tell about the most popular.
Drops with a multi-component composition, including hawthorn extract. They have a sedative effect, stimulate the contraction of the heart muscle, dilate blood vessels, and improve sleep.
Multicomponent herbal medicine (drops and syrup). Appointed for the relief of attacks of the IRR, normalize heart rhythm, relieve vasospasm, eliminate anxiety and stress.
Tablets based on hawthorn and valerian extracts, which have a sedative effect, help to cope with stress and nervous irritability. Recommended for astheno-neurotic states and functional disorders of cardiac activity.
An elixir containing hawthorn flowers and fruits and other herbal ingredients. It has a tonic effect, increases the body's resistance to infections, is prescribed in the treatment of IRR.
- Vegetable raw materials (fruits, hawthorn flowers)
Used for the preparation of infusions, decoctions for the complex treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system and the central nervous system, normalize sleep, strengthen the immune system.
- Hawthorn tablets for sucking
Assigned to the complex treatment of hypertension, tachycardia, angina pectoris, angioneurosis, neurotic diseases, with elevated levels of blood cholesterol.
- Alcohol tincture hawthorn
It is shown in the complex treatment of functional disorders of the heart, arterial hypertension, ischemic disease, atrial fibrillation, with angioneurosis, paroxysmal tachycardia, atherosclerosis, climacteric neurosis.
Freshly squeezed juice from hawthorn fruit, diluted with boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio, is taken to improve blood circulation, normalize the digestive system (several teaspoons before meals).
Juice can be made from thawed berries, but in this case it is not necessary to dilute with water.
Berry cake can be used for brewing as an infusion.
Vitamin hawthorn tea
It is useful even to those who have no indications for treatment with hawthorn. It helps to saturate the body with vitamins, strengthen the immune system and heart muscle.
Take 1 tbsp. dry fruits and pour them with a glass of boiling water, cover, insist 20 minutes and filter. Add the resulting infusion in the amount of 40-50 ml in a glass of green tea. Take 1-2 times a day.
The second recipe (it turns out more concentrated). Take 20-30 dry hawthorn fruit, a few pieces of rosehips and pour 1 liter of boiling water in a thermos, leave overnight. In the morning you can drink.
Alcohol tincture hawthorn
Improves heart function, recommended for atherosclerosis and increased blood pressure. It is prescribed as a mild sedative, with stress, as a tonic and immunomodulating agent.
Take 1 part dry hawthorn fruit and add 10 parts of 70 ° alcohol, insist in a dark closed bottle for 21 days, filter. How to take: 30 drops, diluted in ½ cup of boiled pure water, three times a day, half an hour before meals. The course is 30 days.
Recommended for neurosis of the heart, heart cough, nerve overload, shortness of breath, asthma, rheumatism, hypertension, cardiac rhythm disturbances of atrial tachycardia. Removes hot flashes.
Take 15 grams. dry berries and pour a glass of hot water, put in a water bath for 15 minutes. Cool the composition for about 45 minutes, then filter. Bring the broth to a volume of 200 ml with boiled cooled water. Take 100 ml twice a day for 30 minutes. before meals.
Recommended for heart failure. Take 100 grams. good black tea, add 2 tbsp. rosehips, 1 tsp hawthorn fruit, 1 tbsp. motherwort grass, 1 tbsp. peppermint and 1 tsp rhizomes of valerian and chamomile flowers. Brew like ordinary tea. You can drink 1 glass 2 times a day.
The composition of the fruit and parts of hawthorn
Brewing can be leaves, blooming flowers, bark. It is extremely beneficial to take them from plants, the stalks of which caring gardeners have not forgotten to cross, so that they develop better and bloom more magnificently. However, blood-red, orange, and black “apples” bring the most benefit. They accumulate the maximum amount of trace elements, vitamins, organic acids (including rare ones), flavonoids, protein constituents, essential oils, fatty oils, and antioxidants. The listed components, taken orally with a liquid, are quickly absorbed and are included in the work of many organs and systems. The results of their joint effects are:
- successful healing of wounds, inflammations,
- harmonization of sleep, restoration of psychological balance,
- improvement of the general condition of the heart, blood vessels, liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract,
- disappearance of external signs of aging.
To the effect of drugs on health proceeded as favorably as possible, it is required to use environmentally friendly raw materials of excellent quality. You can not pick berries and leaves in the smoky, littered areas (forests, groves near Moscow), buy from unscrupulous sellers in questionable pharmacies, in urban markets, with the hands.
Useful and healing properties
The use of hawthorn both for medicinal purposes and for the prevention of diseases is not limited to the preparation of aqueous and alcoholic solutions, teas, fruit drinks, compotes. If you have experience, you can make jellies, jams, sauces, fillings for pies, even face masks. The choice of means depends on the purpose of the plant, the characteristics of the organism of a particular person, individual indications and circumstances. Most often in everyday life use tinctures, because they:
- it is easy to buy or make from any above- or underground part of the bush,
- It is not prohibited to use internally or externally (in consultation with the doctor),
- can be stored for a long time under normal conditions, like blanks for winter.
There are many recipes for infusions and liqueurs, but they are all similar in key points. You need to use alcohol is not weaker than 40% or vodka. Pour in the required amount of raw materials to withstand in the dark for at least 3 weeks with constant agitation, then filter.
This is not the only thing hawthorn helps to cure, but drugs based on it are mainly used in the prevention or treatment of angina, coronary disease. Consumption is carried out regularly, for a long time, with strict adherence to dosage norms. The best medical effect is manifested when a person tries to eat properly, not to overstrain morally, to lead a healthy lifestyle, to comply with the individual prescriptions of a specialist.
The easiest way to prepare the infusion. You should take 1 full tablespoon of crushed "apples" (with flowers - they will strengthen the heart muscle), add 1 cup of boiling water, leave for an hour under the lid. Take a few portions a day for half a cup. You can make a collection, adding to the brewing raw chamomile, motherwort, lemon balm, mint, roses. Phyto mixes are considered to be even more useful than monocomponents separately: there is a kind of complementarity, crossing beneficial properties and characteristics of plants.
It is fortunate if there is access to fresh boyars, gardened or gathered in the forest during the first frosts (when the binder in the composition partially decomposed, and there are many more vitamins and other useful components). They can be crushed and, adding warm water, squeeze juice through gauze. It is recommended to drink it in 1 tbsp. l before meals.
Alcohol tincture is a unique tool that allows you to successfully return to normal pressure. It relaxes the walls of blood vessels, thereby eliminating tinnitus and headache. You can even avoid the development of the disease at its initial stage without the need to drink pills or suspensions. The course of reception - 20 drops before meals, with dilution with water. Grass gathering is somewhat weaker, but quite effective - for example, from hawthorn fruits with motherwort (1: 1, per tsp). It is necessary to mix the raw materials, boil 300 ml of boiling water for an hour, strain, then drink 100-300 drops before each meal. It simultaneously reduces pressure and calms psychologically.
Contraindications regarding drugs for men and for women are the same. Hypotonics are forbidden to take them (rarely allowed to use non-concentrated herbal remedies based on shrub flowers). The rest should be carefully coordinated dosage with a doctor. If you start a course of treatment with any pharmaceutical preparation, a brew or vodka tincture can enhance the effect of the medication and cause more harm than good.
Atherosclerosis and vascular problems
Painlessly eliminates such ills decoction of dried hawthorn flowers. For 1 cup, you need to take the same amount of boiling water, place it in a container placed in a water bath, stew for 10-15 minutes. Then an hour to insist under the lid, filter, topped up with the original volume of boiled fresh water and drink half a cup three times a day for 2-3 weeks, 20 minutes before meals. Many unpleasant symptoms disappear: nausea, fainting, frequent heart rhythm failures.
Neurosis, nervous excitement, dizziness
Any available berries are suitable for making infusions. Сухие плоды (1 ст. л.) нужно заварить 1 стаканом воды, немного подержать под крышкой, затем 3 недели пить по трети чашки за 20 минут до каждой трапезы. Сочные, крупные и мелкие – измельчить на терке или раздолбить тяпкой с косточками, набрав 2 ст. l кашицы. Потом залить 1 стаканом кипятка, выварить на слабом огне, чтобы объем уменьшился вдвое. Курс приема тот же, порциями по 40 капель.
Болезни щитовидной железы
Accompanied by disorders of thinking, sleep, chronic weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness. You can alleviate the symptoms of symptoms if you take hawthorn flowers and hypericum (1: 1, 1 tbsp. L.) And brew 200 ml of boiling water for 2 hours in a thermos, where you can bring the volume of drinking water to 1 l. Take 3 to 4 times a day for half a cup. The standard course is 3-4 weeks.
Bags under the eyes, swelling on the face
Easy to clean using a double infusion: 1 tsp. dry hawthorn leaves per 100 ml of boiling water. Hold for half an hour, strain, split in half. Heat one part slightly, add 2 tbsp to the other. l ice water and lower cotton pads in both turns, covering their eyes or swollen areas for 1 minute. Finish should be cold attachment.
Shrub can assist in the fight against prostate diseases, indirectly increasing sexual activity. It is necessary to make a collection, the action of which is aimed at harmonizing the blood supply to the gland, removing the tumors. To the flowers of hawthorn and peppermint grass add medicinal veronica, ivan-tea, bird mountaineer (1: 1: 2: 3: 3), brew 1 tbsp. l mixture of 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes. Regularly take a third cup an hour before meals.
Breastfeeding, expectant mothers, as well as those who do not tolerate menstruation, hawthorn of any kind (classic, hybrid, crossed with wild rose) are rarely prescribed. It is allowed to take only highly diluted aqueous phyto-solutions that help to quickly get rid of insomnia, put nerves in order, and remove excessive irritability. You can make homemade green or black tea, putting in the brewing two or three berries, or smoothies, which they drink before bedtime. We must take 1 tbsp. l concentrated infusion of raw shrubs, twice the yogurt or yogurt, half a teaspoon of honey, a whole banana. Mix everything thoroughly and beat with a mixer (blender) until foam appears.
If you want to alleviate the psychological state during menopausal neurosis, a decoction of 14 tbsp should help. spoons of dry collection: swamp loin, hawthorn flowers, blackberry leaves, motherwort, fragrant moraine (1.5: 2: 2.5: 4: 4). 1 tbsp. l mix the mixture with 1 cup of boiling water, keep warm for 15 minutes, drink immediately. Repeat three times a day for 2-3 weeks in a row.
Funds based on shrubs are applied externally, making anti-aging masks. The skin, when in contact with them, is exposed to ursolic acid (one of the rare plant components) and begins to intensively produce collagen. Simultaneously:
- elasticity of fibers increases, pores are narrowed,
- the blood flow is stimulated, the nutrition of the cells is improved,
- acne disappears, acne.
To achieve this, you need to put masks on your face once a week for 10-20 minutes. The composition of a universal remedy includes gruel from the boyars, sour cream, honey. In the treatment of oily skin is required to add to 1 tsp. fruit juice 1 tbsp. l yogurt and three times the larger volume of low-fat cottage cheese, dry - 4 mashed green grapes, problem - milk and fresh yeast.
According to popular reviews, in preschool children with severe stomach disorders, an infusion can be made from a piece of hawthorn root that has been cleaned and properly washed with hot water. The approximate size is half a minnow. It is necessary to brew 200 ml of boiling water and leave covered until slightly cooled. Then give the sick child something like ordinary tea.
The fruits of hawthorn with their universal healing properties are non-toxic and harmless during long-term use, but only for an adult who observes the dosage. This is a maximum of 150 g of fully ripe berries per day. A larger amount can cause a sharp drop in pressure, increased heartbeat, loss of concentration. Also, the means on the basis of a shrub of any species are not taken on an empty stomach, and it is necessary to drink them with warm water. Otherwise, there will be side effects - nausea, vomiting, vascular, intestinal spasms.
Permission to receive phyto-products should be given by an experienced specialist in the field of medicine - therapist, pediatrician. Children under 12 years old, allergies, those who are prescribed treatment with antiarrhythmic drugs, hawthorn is contraindicated. Careful with him should be patients with diabetes and people from whom the work requires maximum concentration on the tasks. Alcohol containing tinctures should not be used by pregnant or lactating women.
When is hawthorn harmful to the body?
Hawthorn berries and plant-based dosage forms are harmful if you exceed the dosage. Read the instructions for hawthorn preparations, observe the duration of the intake and dosage, and consult with your doctor about the appropriateness of the application.
Hawthorn is harmful to health if there are contraindications to the use of:
- Children's age up to 12 years,
- Atrial fibrillation,
- Heart defects,
- VSD on hypotonic type,
- Apatoabulistic syndrome
- Autism, mental retardation, mental retardation,
- Renal failure
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
The use of drugs of the plant when breastfeeding - only with the consent of the doctor (in some sources is treated as a lactogonic agent). In pregnancy, hawthorn is prohibited.
In combination with anti-arrhythmia drugs, pressure medications, hawthorn can also be harmful.
You should listen to the signals of the body at the beginning of treatment: headaches, nausea, vomiting, rash, and other uncharacteristic reactions indicate hawthorn intolerance.
Having considered the therapeutic properties and contraindications of hawthorn, we can conclude that this is an affordable, effective natural medicine that helps in the treatment of many diseases and allows you to maintain health for a long time.
The composition of the medicinal plant
The exact chemical composition that explains the beneficial properties of hawthorn is still unknown. It is believed that the therapeutic effect is achieved flavonoids, plant polyphenols. In addition to giving the fruit of a particular color, they help to eliminate the fragility of the walls of blood vessels, neutralize free radicals in the body.
- quercitrin maintains elasticity, reduces capillary permeability, has antitumor and antioxidant effects,
- quercetin an excellent tool for the prevention and treatment of cerebral circulatory disorders, cardiovascular diseases. Adequate intake of quercetin reduces the risk of cataract formation.
- hyperoside increases glucose utilization, increases the use of oxygen, enriches the heart with potassium ions. As a result, the contractility increases. myocardium, the middle layer of the heart muscle, as well as the amount of cardiac output.
- vitexin dilates blood vessels, enhances metabolic processes in the heart muscle.
Flowers and hawthorn fruits also benefit from the properties of their constituent acids:
- ursolic has a healing and anti-inflammatory effect,
- oleanolic tones and enhances the blood supply to the heart, brain,
- chlorogenic Anti-sclerotic effect, useful for the normalization of kidney function, liver, has a choleretic effect.
- coffee shop It has strong antibacterial properties, and also contributes to the secretion of bile.
The fruits of the plant are especially numerous carotene, provitamin A, as well as vitamins C, E, K. Some varieties by the amount of carotene in berries are comparable to carrots or rosehips. The fruits contain sugars as well sorbitolrecommended in case of diabetes.
High content potassium, calcium, magnesium, glandas well as trace elements manganese, copper, zinc.
The amount of tannins decreases after freezing, the berries become sweeter and not so tart.
The use of hawthorn in heart disease
The plant is widely used to treat heart disease. As a rule, they are manifested by various symptoms. Sometimes fatigue increases, there is weakness even in the absence of physical exertion, and the night rest does not restore strength. Disrupted cerebral circulation causes fainting, loss of consciousness. Suddenly, swelling may occur, shortness of breath and a feeling of tightness in the chest, especially in the prone position. When these symptoms appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If, for one reason or another, the heart muscle loses its ability to contract strongly enough, the other organs begin to experience oxygen starvation. In order to normalize blood circulation, it is necessary to take hawthorn, a useful property to prevent fatigue of the heart muscle, to have a tonic and strengthening effect.
Hawthorn tea balm . To 100g of black tea add 2 cl. rosehips, 1ch.l. hawthorn berries, Ls motherwort, Ls peppermint, 1chl valerian, 1ch.l. chamomile flowers. Brew and drink as usual tea.
Hawthorn juice . A glass of fresh or thawed fruit after freezing to wash, chop, add a little water, heat to + 30C. Place the raw material in gauze and squeeze the juice with a spoon. Take 1.l. an hour before meals. The remaining cake is suitable for brewing, you can make an infusion from it.
Hawthorn infusion . Brew 1.s.l. crushed fruit with a glass of boiling water, to insist half an hour, drain. Take half a cup in the morning and at night.
When preparing an infusion, you can take 2 parts hawthorn flowers and motherwort, add 1 part peppermint and hop cones. Brew 1.s.l. mixture with a glass of boiling water, insist half an hour, drain. Drink a glass during the day. Mint dilates blood vessels, hops soothes.
Coronary heart disease (CHD), angina pectoris, and myocardial infarction
If a myocardium, the middle layer of the heart muscle, not enough oxygen comes in, muscle spasm happens, accompanied by chest heaviness, squeezing. As a rule, coronary heart disease develops due to disruption of work coronary arteriesthrough which the myocardium is supplied with oxygenated blood. Common cause is atherosclerosis, deposition on the walls of blood vessels cholesterol and education atheromatous plaques.
Chronic disease is called angina pectoris or pectoral toad, it is manifested by seizures nitroglycerin. An acute form of CHD is called myocardial infarction.
- For CHD prevention useful to take courses infusion of fruits and flowers hawthorn, useful property to reduce cholesterol, normalize blood pressure and heart rate. For taste, you can prepare the infusion along with the fruits dog rose.
- For prevention of angina and myocardial infarction worth cooking infusion hawthorn and motherwort. Mix 1 tsp. crushed berries or flowers with motherwort grass, brew in a glass of boiling water, leave for an hour, drain. Take 1/3 cup an hour before meals.
- Taking 1 part of the fruit hawthorn and motherwort, add 2 parts valerian and fruits feynheluseful property to render calming effect . Brew 1.s.l. collect a glass of boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 15 minutes. When the infusion has cooled, strain. Take 1/3 cup 2 hours after meals.
- Infusion from angina pectoris can be made from some berries. Brew hawthorn at the rate of 1..l. fruit on 1 cup boiling water, insist night in a thermos. In the morning, pour the infusion, squeezing the berries through a thin fabric. Take a glass an hour before meals.
After a myocardial infarction, 2 times a day 1/2 cup is indicated. hawthorn juice and 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Some time later, instead of tea, take a weak infusion of berries.
When hypertension increases the risk of stroke, heart attack. High blood pressure can also signal kidney problems.
The beneficial property of hawthorn to reduce pressure is used in the recipe of a famous folk remedy. Mix 1 tsp. crushed fruits, and motherwort, dried ladyadd a little dried chamomile flowers. Brew a glass of boiling water. An hour later, strain the infusion. Take 1.l. an hour before meals.
Of hawthorn flowers another remedy is being prepared. Dried vegetable raw materials at the rate of 1..l. on a glass makes in the evening, night is insisted in the closed ware. It is accepted on 1 glass an hour before food within a month.
Another prescription for high blood pressure. Mix in 3 parts hawthorn flowers, motherwort, 2 pieces of fruit black chokeberry, 1 part clover. Brew at the rate of 1.l. collecting a glass of boiling water. Insist in a thermos overnight. Take a third of a glass an hour before meals.
Mix 3ch.l. hawthorn flowers and 2.l. herbs initial letters, it benefits from the ability to normalize vascular tone and blood clotting. Pour mixture with three glasses of cold water. Bring to a boil, insist 5 hours. Take a glass an hour before meals.
A simple prescription for hypotension
With reduced pressure, weakness and dizziness more often occur, hypotonic patients do not tolerate heat well. But their well-being improves with sufficient physical activity. To maintain the tone they need to drink hawthorn infusion.
For its preparation, flowers and fruits are used at the rate of 2 tsp. dried crushed berries and 1ch.l. flowers in a glass of boiling water. After a couple of hours, strain, take 1 glass an hour before a meal or after 2 hours a field of food.
Treatment of hawthorn vascular diseases, atherosclerosis
The walls of healthy blood vessels are elastic, if necessary, their tone is easily changed. In the case of the formation of cholesterol deposits, a decrease in elasticity, the lumen decreases or becomes uneven, as with varicose veins. As a result, the organs do not receive the required amount of oxygen, the outflow of blood worsens.
- For prevention and treatment varicose veins take 3 parts hawthorn flowers and oreganoin 4 parts Hypericum and motherwort. Brew in the evening 1s.l. mix with a glass of water, infuse overnight. Take 1/2 cup an hour before meals.
- Also helps the following composition. Take 1 part hawthorn berries, chamomile flowers, oregano, kidney tea, in 2 parts peppermint and motherwort. At night, brew 1s.l. mixture of boiling water. Take an hour before meals for 1/2 cup.
If a atherosclerosis affects the arteries of the brain, happens stroke, kidney arteries - hypertension, coronary arteries - CHD.
The causes of this disease is considered to be an abnormal lifestyle, metabolic disorders, thyroid disease, causing an increase in blood cholesterol levels. By itself, cholesterol, a natural fatty alcohol, in certain quantities is necessary for the body, it is specifically produced by the liver.
- From atherosclerosis apply the useful properties of hawthorn flowers. From them prepare the next infusion. Brew 1.s.l. dried flowers, insist 15 minutes, drain. Take 1/2 cup half an hour before meals.
- If you use the fruit, it is better to insist 2 hours in a thermos. Take 1-2s.l. an hour before meals.
- For the prevention of coronary artery disease, stroke, the following recipe is effective. Take 2 parts hawthorn fruit and dog rose, on 1 part of fruits black chokeberry and carrot seed. Brew 3.l. mixture of liter of boiling water, insist 3 hours. Take 1/2 cup 6 times a day.
- Chopped hawthorn berries at the rate of 1.l. 0.5 l of water to boil over low heat for half an hour, adding 2 l. sand. Keep refrigerated. Take from atherosclerosis by 1.l. an hour before meals and at night.
The benefits of hawthorn in overwork and to relieve stress
The healing properties of flowers and fruits are used to prevent the healthy state of the heart and blood vessels, normalize blood pressure, they help to cope with nervous exhaustion.
It is no secret that the constant mobilization during a busy day tires the nervous system, causes an increase in pressure, increases the frequency of heartbeats. Irritability, headaches appear, sleep is disturbed.
Hawthorn fruits are useful property to reduce the excitation of the nervous system, to expand the blood vessels. As a result, improves cerebral and cardiac circulation, increases the supply of sufficient oxygen.
- To better fall asleep and sleep soundly, to wake up rested, in the morning brew some berries in a thermos. Take ready tea for the night, you can with honey.
- Brew 1.s.l. berries with a glass of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 1 hour. Take 3 cl. 3-4 times a day an hour before meals.
- Berry Tea hawthorn and Hypericum benefits the property of eliminating anxiety, irritability. Mix crushed fruits and grass in equal quantities, brew 1sl. mixture of boiling water. After 15 minutes, tea is ready.
Treatment of hawthorn metabolic disorders
It is no secret that the quality of food of a modern resident is far from ideal, often you have to use low-quality or poorly combined products. Lack of fresh fruits and vegetables does not allow the intestines to regularly get rid of harmful substances. As a result, metabolic processes are disturbed, the level of cholesterol increases, elevated pressure becomes a constant companion, and the heart is hampered.
When gastritis inflamed stomach mucosa. For the elimination of heartburn and other unpleasant manifestations of the disease benefits hawthorn infusion and peppermint. To prepare it, mix and brew 1 tsp. each component a glass of boiling water. Half an hour later, the infusion is ready.
Due to the violation of metabolic processes in the gallbladder, congestion occurs, causing the formation of stones. This prevents the liver to effectively cleanse the blood of harmful substances, worsens the overall condition of the body.
Infusion of hawthorn flowers benefits the property to normalize metabolic processes, it is used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system. Infusion is prepared at the rate of 1.l. per cup of boiling water, infused for 1 hour. Take 1/4 cup an hour before meals.
Treatment of prostatitis
Hawthorn is a useful property to warn prostatitis and prostate adenoma, benign tumor, the appearance of which is believed to be associated with age-related changes in hormone levels. In addition to the discomfort in the lower abdomen, the disease is manifested by fatigue and irritability.
Use hawthorn tea normalizes sexual function, simultaneously calms and improves the functioning of the heart.
The following collection is also useful for men: mix 1 part hawthorn flowers and peppermint, 2 parts veronica officinalis, in 3 parts willow flower and mountaineer bird. Brew 1 tsp. mixture with a glass of boiling water, insist 20-30 minutes. Take 1/3 cup an hour before meals.
The ancient plant is distinguished by a variety of species, growing in various countries. In Russia and the CIS, the most common varieties blood red (Siberian), barbed (ordinary), odnopestichny (odnostochkovy). In addition, varieties are grown Daurian, Altaic, Ukrainian and many others used for the prevention and treatment of numerous diseases.
Blood Red (Siberian)
Shrub or small tree up to 4 m high with straight, sparse, long (up to 5 cm) prickles. Flowering short, 3-4 days. It usually happens in May and June and is accompanied by an unpleasant smell of stale fish.
Round berries 8-10cm with 3-4 bones edible, different sourish flavor, ripen in September-October. The first crop appears after 7 years or later.
The plant is unpretentious, tolerates frost and drought, poor soil. Lives 300-400 years. Often used in hedges. In the wild, it is common in the taiga of Siberia, in the Far East, near a source of moisture.
It grows with shrubs or trees up to 5m. Hawthorn berries are small, about 1 cm in diameter. Differs in slow growth, in wild form is found throughout Europe.
Differs in shade tolerance, undemanding to the composition of the soil, easily tolerates shearing and molding. It is widely used to create impassable natural fences.
It is popular in the southern and central region of Russia, grows in Central Asia, in the Caucasus. Unlike the spiny variety, it has a high growth rate. Lives up to 200-300 years in the form of a tree up to 3-6m. Spines rare, 1cm long. In berries, one bone, fruiting begins after 6 years.
Forms a lot of shoots, easily tolerates a haircut. The mass of ornamental varieties, differing in the shape of the crown, leaves, lack of thorns, constant flowering, has been derived.
Planting, reproduction and care. Creating a hedge
Hawthorn breed stratified seeds (seasoned in the cold before germination), root shoots and cuttings, layering, inoculation.
Propagation by seeds (from a stone) is used if it is required to grow a hedge, since with this method the useful properties of hawthorn are lost. Seeds can be planted in the fall, having received them from slightly unripe fruits. And thicker, since many do not ascend. When planting in spring, seeds should be pre-seasoned for several months at a temperature of +1 .. + 3C.
In the first year, the sapling grows by 10-12 cm. In the second or third year, when it reaches about half a meter in height, the first pruning of the plant is performed. 3-6 lower buds are left, which is why lateral shoots begin to grow intensively. They are also cut off, leaving no more than two.
Seedlings are planted in a permanent place at the age of two, as they take root best. Hawthorn seedlings should not be placed next to apples, pears, plums, since these plants have common pests.
Dig a hole 50x50 cm, the distance between the pits is up to 2 m. Pour the fertile soil layer on the bottom, add humus, mineral fertilizers. The root collar is buried 3-5 cm. Water well and keep the soil moist for two weeks.
In the future, regularly trimming the bush, they give it the necessary shape and height.
For better fruiting hawthorn requires the sun. The rest of the plant is drought-and frost-resistant. The first crop appears after 5-6 years. Fruiting is usually annual or in a year. One plant gives up to 20kg of berries.
Hawthorn's “prickly” properties are useful in growing shrubs as hedges. Saplings are planted in trenches 50–70 cm deep and 50 cm wide. The distance between the bushes should not exceed 50cm. They are formed by cutting half the length of a one-year increment. In the autumn make superphosphate and potassium salt.
Harvesting flowers and fruits for the winter
The beneficial properties of hawthorn flowers in the treatment of a number of diseases are more effective than in fruits. Therefore, they are also harvested for the winter.
The main enemy in the preparation of flowers - high humidity. Dry weather is necessary, which is complicated by a short flowering period, often lasting only 2-3 days.
Fully opened flowers are harvested. They are carefully cut together with a small part of the stem. It is better to do this in the morning when the dew is completely dry. The harvest is scattered in a dry, shaded and well-ventilated place.
Dried flowers are stored for up to a year in fabric bags, paper bags, wooden boxes with paper on the bottom.
In order to preserve the beneficial properties of hawthorn fruit as much as possible, they are also trying to be plucked in dry weather in September-October. After going through and washing out, the berries are dried at a temperature of up to + 50C. As a result, they darken and shrink, acquire a sweet astringent taste. Stored similar to flowers, but up to two years.
When harvesting hawthorn berries for the winter, they can be stored in the freezer. Enumerated and washed fruits are lightly dried on a towel, and then laid out in plastic containers with a lid.
Medicinal shrubs are widely used in medicine. The plant successfully treats many pathologies when taking into account contraindications. Useful properties of berries, flowers and leaves help:
- eliminate headaches, migraines,
- prevent the formation of tumors - has antioxidant properties
- stimulate the lactation process
- in cosmetology, to eliminate age-related changes, delay aging, tone up, moisturize the skin,
- strengthen the general condition during pregnancy
- eliminate swelling,
- improve brain function
- stabilize blood pressure.
Using decoctions, infusions in consultation with the doctor, taking into account contraindications, contributes to the effective improvement of body functions. Due to the beneficial properties of the plant, it is possible:
- lower your sugar level in diabetes
- normalize metabolic processes,
- reduce weight - fruits have a low calorie content,
- cope with prostate adenoma, diseases of the genitourinary system,
- reduce the manifestations of atherosclerosis,
- reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood,
- normalize hormones,
- treat allergies, dermatitis,
- relieve the condition of women with menopause.
How to use the fruit at home
If the hawthorn grows in the dacha, it is used to make blanks - frosts, dry berries, cook compotes, and drinks. At home, you can insist healing tools. Hawthorn tea will increase intestinal motility, reduce flatulence, soothe nerves, reduce pressure. Low-calorie drink is used in fasting, in diets for weight loss. To make tea you should:
- put in a thermos a handful of dry hawthorn,
- brew a liter of boiling water
- leave overnight
- use instead of tea.
At home, the use of hawthorn in the form of a decoction of berries in violation of the heart. The tool improves blood circulation, regulates the rhythm, eliminates oxygen starvation. The broth is recommended to drink 100 ml three times a day before meals. Prescription required:
- chop dried fruits,
- take a spoonful of berries
- pour boiling water - 200 ml,
- insist half an hour.
Healing tincture is made from flowers and berries. It helps to cope with angina, eliminate hormonal disorders during menopause, reduce pressure. Alcohol tincture has contraindications during pregnancy, lactation. Take 30 drops, which is diluted with water to reduce the concentration, an hour before meals. To prepare you need:
- mix crushed berries and flowers in equal proportions,
- take 4 spoons of raw materials
- add 0.5 liters of vodka,
- insist 14 days
Use in cardiovascular diseases
Broths and infusions with the use of berries and flowers of the plant are used to treat cardiac pathologies. Such therapy should be coordinated with a cardiologist to take into account side effects and contraindications. Healing compositions with beneficial properties help to reduce the manifestations of heart diseases, serve as prevention of the development of serious pathologies:
- coronary heart disease
- angina pectoris,
- myocardial infarction,
- atherosclerosis of the arteries of the kidneys, brain, heart.
For angina, ischemic heart disease and myocardial infarction
When the middle layer of the heart muscle - myocardium - lacks oxygen, ischemic heart disease (CHD) develops. The cause of this condition becomes a malfunction of the coronary arteries. The disease occurs in two forms:
- chronic - angina - accompanied by attacks with squeezing and heaviness in the chest, which are taken with medication,
- acute IHD - myocardial infarction - requires urgent hospitalization.
For the prevention of the disease is recommended to take hawthorn tincture. The drug normalizes heart rhythm, pressure, lowers cholesterol, provides oxygen to tissues, and soothes. It is useful to make an infusion in which motherwort is added. The composition is taken after two hours after eating 80 ml. A spoonful of raw material is poured with a glass of boiling water, kept on a water bath for 15 minutes. Prescription collection includes components in parts:
- hawthorn –1,
- motherwort - 1,
- valerian - 2,
- crushed fruits of fennel - 2.
With heart failure
This disease is characterized by fatigue of the heart muscle. It ceases to contract with the necessary force, pushes out less blood than is required for the normal functioning of the whole organism. When heart failure occurs:
- circulatory disorders
- oxygen starvation of organs
- fast fatiguability,
- deterioration of the body's supply of nutrients
- respiratory failure.
The beneficial properties of hawthorn help to cope with the manifestation of these symptoms. To improve the performance of the heart muscle, it is recommended to prepare a tea balsam. It is important to coordinate the prescription with the doctor, who will take into account contraindications and side effects. Brew and drink means as usual tea. The collection includes medicinal plants. To prepare you need to take 100 grams of black tea and add to it the components, the number of which is measured in teaspoons:
- rosehips - 8,
- hawthorn –1,
- motherwort –2,
- peppermint - 2,
- valerian –1,
- chamomile flowers - 1.
This disease develops due to the formation of plaques on the artery walls that overlap the lumen of the vessels. Impaired blood circulation causes headaches, memory disorders, fatigue, irritability. The event is preceded by many reasons why the amount of cholesterol in the blood increases. Atherosclerosis is dangerous for the patient. With the defeat of the arteries:
- that feeds the brain, develops a stroke,
- suitable for the kidneys - hypertension,
- delivering blood to myocardial tissues, ischemic heart disease (CHD).
The beneficial properties of hawthorn help to improve the condition in atherosclerosis, reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, and enhance metabolic processes. To do this, prepare a water infusion of flowers. Take the composition of 100 ml 30 minutes before meals. Prescription required:
- take a spoonful of dried flowers
- pour a glass of boiling water
- to insist a quarter of an hour
The benefits of hawthorn to normalize blood pressure
The versatility of the plant is that it stabilizes blood pressure. Such properties provide beneficial substances that are part of. It is important to observe all proportions when using berries and flowers during the preparation and dosage of hawthorn preparations in order to eliminate complications. If there are no contraindications, doctors recommend taking specially prepared formulations:
- with hypertension - to lower blood pressure,
- in case of hypotension - to increase its performance and vitality.
How to apply with increased pressure
Hypertension is dangerous for its complications - the development of myocardial infarction, stroke. The beneficial properties of hawthorn decoctions and infusions help stabilize high blood pressure, given the contraindications for use. Medicinal formulations:
- have a vasodilator effect,
- reduce the risk of atherosclerotic plaques due to a decrease in the amount of cholesterol in the blood,
- improve the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels
- increase the tone of the arteries,
- normalize blood clotting.
Hawthorn is a plant of the Rosaceae family. This is a small tree or shrub. In the people this plant is called boyarka or the lady-tree. Fruits of hawthorn can be eaten. Meet hawthorn can be all over Russia. This plant has more than 50 species. Leaflets pointed bright green tint. Flowering plant in the period May-June. Small white flowers form lush inflorescences and produce a pleasant aroma.
The berries ripen in August. They are distinguished by bright scarlet color and a slightly sweet tart taste. Picking berries is not easy: there are many sharp spines on the branches.
Hawthorn: useful properties
The value of hawthorn is determined by its composition, rich in various useful elements:
- organic acids
It is important that valuable substances are contained in the whole plant, including fruits, leaves, flowers and even the bark of the plant. Back in the old days, when people did not know anything about the chemical composition, they actively used hawthorn in medicine, healing a number of diseases with its help.
A handful of plant fruits (100g) are able to provide the body:
- Beta Carantine (14g)
- vitamins A, C, E (230 mg, 90 mg., 2 mg).
In this case, the caloric content of the product is only 52 kcal.
The unique healing properties of hawthorn were particularly valuable during World War II, when the lack of some drugs was compensated for by hawthorn decoction.
For amazing healing properties, the ancient people often endowed hawthorn with magical signs. Modern man believes in science, which recommends hawthorn for healing and healing.
What diseases use hawthorn?
The nutrients of hawthorn are sufficiently strong for most organs and systems.
- Flavonoids are able to heal the liver.
- Ursolic acid maintains muscle performance and helps burn fat.
- Pectin is an excellent antioxidant.
- The complex of nutrients contained in hawthorn, a positive effect on heart rate, restoring it and is able to treat a number of cardiovascular diseases.
- Hawthorn is prescribed to treat atherosclerosis, arrhythmias and hypertension.
- Hawthorn lowers sugar and cholesterol.
- Hawthorn preparations are prescribed for menopause, as they can smooth out the symptoms of menopause.
- Effective with migraine.
- When treating problems of the nervous system, hawthorn decoctions are also recommended.
- Under stress and depression, a collection of hawthorn, motherwort, and valerian is appointed (in equal shares).
Hawthorn in various forms is prescribed to treat a number of diseases:
- heart and vascular diseases: tachycardia, angina pectoris, arrhythmia, coronary insufficiency,
For the treatment of cardiovascular diseases are mainly used decoctions of hawthorn flowers.
To enhance immunity, hawthorn flowers are mixed with oregano and motherwort in equal shares.
When atherosclerosis make infusion, pouring a tablespoon of crushed plants with a glass of boiling water.
To normalize the pressure using a collection of hawthorn flowers and initial letters of the drug.
Hawthorn leaves can be used on a par with flowers. A decoction of the leaves perfectly relieves heartburn. Drugs normalize metabolic processes, increase immunity.
Hawthorn leaves are very effective for treating the nervous, digestive, endocrine systems.
Fresh hawthorn fruit can be consumed as fruit, but not more than 100 grams per day. From hawthorn fruit can make jam, jelly, marmalade and marshmallow. You can simply grind with sugar and store in the refrigerator. Also useful is the juice from the fruit and the infusion.