Mother Nature has endowed man with not only a cozy world designed for full-fledged life activity, but also with numerous plant varieties that can help at a time when health leaves much to be desired. One of these magnificent plants is lungwort. The name itself implies something sweet, honey, aromatic, summer. And it is not by chance that the honey obtained from the nectar of the flowers of the litter box is extremely tasty and healing.
Medunitsya beautiful and so different ...
Medunitsa grows mainly in the European part, but there are separate subspecies, more characteristic of the Asian side of the continent. So, in the zones of the Altai Territory and Siberia, you can find the so-called soft lungwort and narrow-leaved lungwort. Both of these plants are medicinal species. The European part is famous for the abundance of many medicinal subspecies of lungfish:
- The narrow-leaf medunica grows predominantly in the steppe and southern parts of Russia: in the Urals, in the Stavropol and Krasnodar wrecks. And outside of our country it can be found in countries of middle and southern Europe.
- Medunitsa soft - so named because of the soft velvet surface of its leaves. It grows mainly in the Eurasian part of Russia (the Urals), and can also be found in the Altai Territory and in Siberia.
- Medunitsa medicinal - grows in western Russia, mainly in the Kaliningrad region, is found in the Crimea and Ukraine, as well as in some countries of Western Europe. Loves the soil, well enriched with humus.
- Medunitsa dark (obscure) - loves darkened places. By its nature, it is more like a snowdrop, hence some breeders automatically attribute it to the group of primroses. This plant is mostly considered decorative, but there are recipes with its use.
- Sugar medunitsa is very difficult to find in the territory of our country, as it grows mainly in Mediterranean countries (Italy, France), but, nevertheless, it can be found in the South-Western part of Russia (Caucasus, Kuban, Crimea).
There are other varieties of lungfish, which has medicinal properties that do not grow on the territory of our country. These include the mountain lungwort and the red lungwort - the Alps (Italy, France, Switzerland, etc.) are the birthplace of these species, and in Russia they are cultivated artificially in pharmacy laboratories.
Medicinal properties of the plant
It is difficult to say anything about the benefits of each of the medicinal plants without knowing at least at an approximate level its indicators on trace elements and vitamins, as well as on the presence of specific chemical compounds. As for the jellyfish, it contains almost the entire periodic table in one way or another error regarding the individual elements.
The plant stems contain the most valuable groups of tannins, large reserves of manganese compounds that are involved in the structure of certain types of amino acids, flavonoids and saponins are also present. Drug snowdrop is rich in good doses of ascorbic acid, which makes it a great tool in prophylactic use - to strengthen the immune system. The corolla of the flowers contains tannins, which play a direct role in the healing properties of the plant.
Indications for treatment of lungwort
It is possible to issue award orders to this uncomplicated modest plant indefinitely. And, nevertheless, modern herbal medicine has identified several groups of pathologies, in which the treatment will bring undoubted benefits, and in which cases it may be harmful.
Indications for use:
- Bronchitis, pneumonia, laryngotracheitis of various etiologies: the medunitsi has a simultaneous combined effect - anti-inflammatory on the lungs and bronchi, is excellent as an expectorant, as it facilitates the discharge of viscous sputum and has anesthetic effect, facilitating cough attacks.
- Blood diseases: manganese, which is part of the medunitsa, has a stimulating effect on the overall blood formation process. This effect is especially useful for anemias of various etiologies, as well as for people who have lost a large amount of blood.
- With a decrease in the metabolic processes of the body, for example, in violation of the water-salt balance, the medunitsa perfectly copes with various kinds of edema.
- Included in the complex of medicinal plants for the treatment of oncological processes.
- Diseases of the skin (dermatitis of different origin, rash, fungal infections, psoriasis).
- With periodontal disease, stomatitis and gingivitis: shown as ingestion in the form of decoctions, and rinsing the mouth.
- When inflammations of the female reproductive system (vaginitis, salpingoophoritis, etc.).
- In diseases of the urogenital system, including urolithiasis (to facilitate the discharge of calculus).
- As a great wound healing agent.
Applying the herbal ingredients as a curative drug, it is worth remembering that the use of this tool should be carried out in conjunction with therapeutic measures designated by the observing specialist. In this case, the healing process will be better, and the complete elimination of the disease will happen faster.
Speaking of testimony, it is impossible not to touch the other side of the coin:
- Individual intolerance, and in other words - an allergic reaction to the constituent plants.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Cancer of the blood (leukemia, leukemia, etc.). Despite the fact that medunitsa is included in the complex of plants indicated for the treatment of oncological diseases, it has a sharp contraindication in the treatment of blood cancer, as it stimulates blood formation and may contribute to more rapid reproduction of altered blood cells.
Possible side effects
Sometimes, the use of a drug or herbal medicine may cause the sudden appearance of undesirable manifestations, in other words, side effects. Medunits, unfortunately, is no exception. What side effects can its use give:
- The appearance of a late allergic reaction in the form of urticaria, itching of the skin, petechial rash on a certain area or on the vast surface of the skin.
- Possible manifestations on the part of the organs of ICG: nausea, heaviness in the stomach, and sometimes vomiting.
With a sharp manifestation of these symptoms, it is necessary to stop taking the medunitsu drug and seek medical help, as there will be a need to take antihistamines and to select a drug alternative to this drug.
Recipes for medicinal options using Lungwort
Preparation of juice from freshly squeezed grass
Lunar juice is one of the most useful remedies for massive blood loss, as well as for various anemias.
Preparation and use: we take a certain amount of a newly picked plant (the later it is torn off, the more juice will be), then, using a blender or punching on a plate, we obtain a mush, which we filter with a small metal sieve. The resulting juice is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10. Accept 3 - 4 teaspoons 1 - 2 times a day.
Tip: in order to avoid the loss of a certain amount of juice, it is not recommended to use tissue (gauze) for squeezing and filtering liquid from a plant, since a large proportion of it will be spent on soaking matter.
Decoction from the leaves of the jellyfish
In decoctions of plant components, the use is different: they can be consumed inside (for bronchitis, for treating inflammations of the urogenital system), rubbed externally on the inflamed skin surface (psoriasis, pustular eruptions, dermatitis, fungal rashes), as well as rinsing the mouth (tooth extraction , stomatitis, gingivitis and periodontal disease).
Preparation and use: each 50 grams of dry grass (or similar 20 grams of fresh grass) pour boiling water in proportions 1: 2 or 1: 3 (depending on the doctor's prescription, as the concentration for each state is different), then let it brew for 30 minutes After the prescribed time has passed, the agent can be consumed: 50 ml in a single dose (their number is determined by the doctor, on average 1 to 2 times a day, but possibly more), for grinding - an arbitrary amount, depending on the area of the affected area, rinsing the proportion is 2/3 of the decoction in 1/3 of water.
Sometimes, to achieve the best therapeutic effect, a decoction of lungfish is combined with other, equally useful herbs. Thus, the components of peppermint, lemon balm, strawberry leaves (external antimicrobial treatment of wounds and burns), licorice, oak bark (for tightening deep cuts), birch buds (for the treatment of urinogenital organs) are often added.
Preparation and use: in this case, the proportions are selected on the basis of the preparation of a standard broth, with an increase in the amount of water according to the added components.
After the strained broth, often remains the so-called cake - gruel from the cooked components. It can also be used for external use in the treatment of diseases such as: psoriasis, dermatitis, fungal rashes, etc.
Preparation and use: decanted gruel is laid out on a gauze surface, then its edges are wrapped and the resulting lotion should be applied to the affected area for a while. On average, for 10 - 15 minutes. The procedure can be repeated several times a day. If the cake insist on vodka, pouring it so that the edges of the mass are completely covered with liquid, then the resulting lotion will additionally have a warming and antiseptic effect. It is well applied on the collar area in case of bronchitis, tracheitis and other bronchopulmonary diseases, but it is contraindicated for open wounds (in order to avoid additional surface burn).
Tincture of medunitsy
Indications for tinctures similar to other means of lungwort. Basically, its production involves the conservation of plants for the purpose of further transportation or for use in winter, when fresh plants are not available.
Preparation and use: 30 grams of fresh plants (60 grams of dried or decoction), pour vodka in a ratio of 1: 5, let stand for 15 - 20 days. Tincture should turn a rich yellow color. Red or brown shade is allowed (depends on the type of lungwort). Next, the tool must be filtered and poured into a more convenient container. Cake can be used for compresses in the future. A means to take 2 - 3 teaspoons per day.
Tip: chemical combination of lungwort and alcohol is afraid of light and loses its qualities - it is recommended to be stored in a darkened place or in a cardboard box from another medicinal product.
Treatment by nature is an integral part in the fight against various kinds of ailments, but when making a decision, it is necessary to carefully analyze all the pros and cons so that it brings the necessary benefits to the body.
Medunitsu since ancient times used as a medicinal plant. It is used to prepare various drugs that help to cure the pathologies of the respiratory system. The plant is also a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients, so it is very popular. In some countries, lungfish is grown specifically as a salad plant. Fresh stalks and leaves are recommended for use by people with a weakened immune system, avitaminosis.
In cooking, the plant is an indispensable ingredient in the preparation of various dishes. Foliage and stems are added to the first dishes and salads. Medunitsu has a sweetish taste and a pronounced honey aroma.
Bear grass is a beautiful and at the same time valuable plant. It appears with the arrival of spring. Medunitsa valued and gardeners. Many plant trees and gardens with gardens, parks, and garden plots.
Medunitsa officinalis is a herbaceous perennial plant belonging to the genus Medunitsa, family Burachnikovy, reaching a height of forty centimeters. The plant is endowed with strong well-developed root system, erect, stiff hairs covered bristly stem, the presence of rough hairy light spots heart-shaped or ovoid, elongated petioles located on the basal and small seating almost pointed ovoid-lanceolate stem sheets, pinkish and bluish flowers.
The fruit of bear grass is a shiny black fluffy nutlet. Flowering plants occur in the spring, and to be precise for a month and only in the fourth year of life.
Eurasia, Eastern Siberia, Ukraine, Byelorussia, Russia - the habitat of water spines. Shady deciduous forests, coniferous forests, scrub thickets are the habitats of lungwort.
Collecting and harvesting
For the manufacture of medicines using rhizomes, stems, leaves and flowers of the plant. The collection of the ground part — the stems, flowers, and foliage — is recommended to be carried out during the ovary of buds, that is, at the beginning of March, and underground ones at the beginning of the autumn period.
Next, the raw material must be thoroughly dried. You can dry the plant on the street, under a canopy. To speed up the drying process, you can use a special dryer. The temperature in the dryer should not exceed 40 degrees.
After drying, all parts of the plant are ground or ground to a powdery consistency. Then the blanks are poured into glass containers and placed in a well-ventilated dry place for storage. You can store and use raw materials throughout the year.
The healing power and composition of the plant
The widespread use of the plant due to its rich composition. In the medunice contains a considerable amount of valuable healing substances:
- silicic acid
- mucous substances
- ascorbic acid
- micro- and macronutrients: manganese, vanadium, titanium, strontium, iron.
Means of lungwort have astringent, emollient, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, hemostatic, tonic, immunostimulating, enveloping, analgesic, expectorant, antiseptic and wound healing effects.
Preparations based on bee grass help:
- increase the body's defenses
- relieving pain and cramps,
- stopping bleeding,
- accelerating the treatment of cancer pathologies,
- strengthen hair
- activation of sexual function
- recovery of potassium deficiency,
- normalization of the functioning of the central nervous system,
- blood purification
- prevention of thrombosis,
- accelerate the healing process of wounds,
- treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis, kidney stones and urolithiasis, cough, inflammation of the kidneys, hoarseness, eczema, scrofula, purulent wounds, hemorrhoids, anemia, diarrhea, dysentery, asthma, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, colitis, gastritis, nephritis.
Anemia, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia: the use of healing tinctures
Crush dried leaves of lungwort and pour thirty grams of raw materials into glass containers. Fill with quality vodka, tightly close the container and leave in a cool place for two weeks. From time to time shake the composition. It is advised to take two spoons of the strained preparation three times a day.
Tuberculosis, hemorrhoids, prolonged cough: infusion therapy
The same tool is indicated for use for the treatment of skin pathologies. Brew twenty grams of dry, finely chopped grass of the Lunaria in boiled water - two hundred milliliters. Infuse the composition should be within a few hours. It is necessary to accept on 20 ml of the otsezhenny drug three times during the day.
Colds, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, catarrh of the respiratory tract: the use of miraculous decoction
This medicine has a powerful expectorant, astringent and enveloping effect. Brew thirty grams of dried flowers, leaves and stems of the plant in half a liter of freshly boiled water. Put the container on the stove, boil the composition. After filtering and pressing the raw material, take half a glass of drink five times a day. In addition, the decoction is recommended to use for washing wounds, boils, ulcers.
Intestinal ailments: the use of collection
Mix the ground portion of the lungfish in the amount of 50 grams with the hips - 100 grams, comfrey rhizome - 15 grams and the same amount of flax seeds. All components must be pre-dried and ground. Steam ingredients with boiling water - liter. Remove the tool at night. In the morning, filter the drug, divide the volume into three equal portions, drink during the day.
Sore throat, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, rhinitis, colds: chest gathering therapy
Соедините в одинаковых количествах медуницу с солодкой, чабрецом, душицей, липовым цветом, первоцветом, мятой, донником, коровяком, сосновыми почками, календулой, фиалкой трехцветной, мать-и-мачехой, подорожником, донником. Измельчите ингредиенты и тщательно перемешайте. Запарьте 30 грамм смеси в половине литра только что закипевшей воды. Настаивайте средство на протяжении двух часов. Пейте по 1/2 стакана отфильтрованного напитка перед каждой трапезой. Длительность терапевтического курса – две недели.
Remedy for inflammatory processes
Brew fifty grams of meatenly cut pieces of lungwort in boiled water - 500 ml. Set aside for three hours. Take thirty milliliters of filtered medication four times a day. The same tool will help in the elimination of spasms and diarrhea therapy. It is also possible to use it externally - for the treatment of inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes.
Infusion for the treatment of pneumonia
Mix in equal proportions of the lungwort with woodruff, primrose, oregano, aniseed, cuff, mint, plantain, pobelom, willow herb, dandelion, licorice. Brew twenty grams of raw materials with boiling water - 300 ml. Let the agent infuse. Drink 100 ml of the filtered product at least three times a day.
The plant is not poisonous. However, using drugs based on it is not for everyone. It is strictly forbidden to use plants for medicinal purposes when carrying a fetus and breastfeeding. It is also impossible to treat people with frequent constipation, intestinal atony with medicines from bear grass, as well as to treat plants of young children. Do not take the compositions of the plant and people with the presence of individual intolerance.
In addition, in order for therapy to be successful, it is important to adhere to the dosages recommended in prescriptions and not to abuse the formulations. In addition, do not forget that the medicine based on water spines is only a supplement to the main therapy - a medication prescribed by the attending physician.
General information about the medunitsu
In nature, there are several types of plants:
- Medunitsa officinalis. The most popular medunitsa. It is found only in the wild. It grows in the Kaliningrad region in the forests. Can be found in Europe.
- Medunitsa sugar. It grows throughout Russia. Habitat - forests and forests. Loves the sun and moisture.
- Soft It grows in Asia. Very whimsical to the composition of the soil. Differences in fleshy leaves and weak rhizome.
- Dark. The name was due to the color of the leaves. They have a burgundy shade, shimmer, "burn" in the sun. Often can be found on the backyards. Used for decorative purposes.
Lunar shrubs can not be overlooked. In height, they reach 70-80 cm. The plant is quite unusual. In early March, begins to bloom bright pink flowers. It is noteworthy that in a month they change color to blue. Already at the end of April one can observe the appearance of fruits.
The main task of the lungwort is the prevention and treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract. The leaves of the Lungwort resemble human lungs exactly.
For medicinal purposes, apply all parts of the plant, except the roots. Raw materials are better to harvest in the period of flowering of the Lunaria. It is tied up in bunches and hung in a well-ventilated room to dry. It is important not to get wet, otherwise the grass will be covered with mold and moss.
After the medunitsa has dried, it is ground into a powder in a mortar. For storage use a tissue or paper bag. Glass packaging transmits light, so it is better to refuse.
Chemical composition and properties
The plant has a unique composition, which is why it is so valued by herbalists and healers. The main components and healing properties are as follows:
- Anthocyanins. Normalize the work of the heart muscle, thicken the blood, stop bleeding. Indispensable for the female body: relieve inflammation in the uterus, promote cell regeneration, slow down aging.
- Flavonoids. Normalize blood pressure, positively affect the nervous system, soothe.
- Allantoin. This component is often used for cosmetic purposes. It softens the skin, strengthens the nails and hair, promotes cell renewal, the production of collagen.
- Saponins. Substances perfectly liquefy and remove phlegm, relieve inflammation and spasms. Indispensable in the treatment of bronchitis and asthma.
- Silicic acid Removes toxins and slags, has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Vitamin C. The main action is to strengthen the immune system.
- Carotene. Prevents the appearance of malignant tumors.
- Tannins. Narrow the vessels.
- Rutin Normalizes intracranial pressure, helps support the body after heart attacks and strokes.
- Polyphenols. Eliminate inflammation, favorably affect the gastric mucosa.
The list can be supplemented with mineral components and a vitamin complex.
- Flowers of a medunitsya - 300 g.
- Vodka - 1 liter.
How to cook: Pour the vodka into the jar and add the flowers. Let it stand for at least three weeks. Stir the mixture periodically. After this strain, squeeze the grass.
How to use: Take 15 g several times a day. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
Result: This broth perfectly reduces inflammation, eliminates bleeding (including uterine).
If there are contraindications to the use of alcohol, brew tea from the flowers of mellunica Proportions use the same. Use the decoction 3 times a day. The total amount of not more than 150 ml.
- The leaves and stems of the jellyfish - 30 g.
- Beer - 1 l. Better use light, natural varieties.
- Honey - 15 g.
How to cook: Mix the ingredients. Prepare a water bath. Incubate the mixture so that it is halved. It is important that the drink does not boil, otherwise all useful substances will disappear. Mix well, strain.
How to use: Take a tablespoon 4 times a day. Better on an empty stomach. Sip a course of 10 days. If there is no improvement, pour 15 g of lungfish with a glass of boiling water. Let it brew and drink 60 g for 5 days in a row.
Result: This decoction will help with chronic and acute bronchitis, the initial stage of pneumonia, laryngitis.
If any respiratory disease causes complications in the form of acute cough. Special pulmonary collection will help.
Medunica officinalis (Latin name Pulmonaria officinalis) is a representative of the Medunica genus belonging to the family Buraginaceae (Boraginaceae). This herbaceous perennial plant is found among the shrub thickets, in the forest, in the meadows along the banks of rivers and lakes in shaded, cool places. The stalk of the medunitsa is erect, branched, covered with short hairs, not more than 30-35 centimeters high.
The medunitsa has a thick, developed rhizome. Upper leaves sessile, and down the stalk they have a short petiole. The color of the leaves is green with small whitish specks. The leaves have a velvety pubescence, the shape have ovate with a pointed tip. The flowers are located at the top of the stem and are collected in the scabous, many-flowered, drooping brushes. The flower is shaped like a bell.
At the beginning of flowering, the flowers have a pink-crimson color, but by the end they become a bright blue-purple color. It blooms in May. After flowering, closer to the middle of summer, a fruit is formed - four pointed nuts at the end. In nature, the medunits grows almost throughout the entire territory of our country, with the exception, perhaps, of only the northern regions and the Far East.
Medicinal property is inherent in all above-ground parts of the plant. Medunitsya - honey, medicinal and edible plant. Spring basal leaves of the plant are used in spring salads, and in England it is specially grown in large areas for use in salads.
Medicinal properties of lungfish
Medunitsa medicinal contains tannins, carotene, mucus, alkaloids, ascorbic acid, microelements: copper, manganese, iron, iodine, silicon, potassium, etc., saponins and tannin, and others. Medicinal substances and compounds.
Due to the high content of tannin and saponins, lungwort is used in the treatment of lung diseases, as an expectorant and cough softening agent.
Also, the medicinal medunitsa is used as a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, wound healing, antiseptic.
This plant improves the immune system, helps with kidney and bladder disease, is an enveloping and hemostatic agent.
The silicic acid contained in the medunice has a positive effect on connective tissues, cures inflammatory processes in the mucous membrane of our stomach, throat, intestines and oral cavity.
Preparation of medicinal raw materials
It is recommended to collect medunitsa during its flowering or when the flowers have not yet opened and are in buds.
Medunitsya has a slightly pronounced honey aroma, it tastes a bit sweetish. Young shoots with flowers cut almost to the very root, remove damaged leaves.
Then the plant stems are tied up in small bundles and suspended to dry in the shade under a canopy, avoiding wetting in the rain. You can also dry the harvested raw materials in an oven at a temperature not exceeding 40 degrees. Ready raw materials should be stored in a cool dry place.
Medunitsa in folk medicine
In folk medicine, the medunitsa is used in the form of a decoction, infusion, as well as lotions and compresses.
Folk healers use medunitsa as a means of regulating the activity of the endocrine glands, a good painkiller and cleansing the blood, as well as an emollient.
Medunitsa perfectly helps with all types of pulmonary diseases (knowingly it is called pulmonary grass) - with tuberculosis, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis and pneumonia, fluid accumulation, hemoptysis and catarrh.
Cooked from medunitsy decoctions prescribed for the treatment of nervous and heart diseases, headaches and inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract, and externally they are used as a good healing agent for wounds and ulcers. And due to the high content of silicon in the lunar chamber, along with the treatment of diseases, the body's immune system is stimulated and strengthened.
This plant perfectly restores deficiency in the body of iodine and potassium, which is very necessary in case of thyroid disease.
Medunitu is used for diseases of the urogenital system, hemorrhoids, acute nephritis, for liver diseases, diarrhea, accompanied by cuttings in the intestines, for various bleeding, avitominoze.
Decoction and infusion gargle, with diseases of the oral cavity, used in the form of douching for belyah women.
Infusion for diseases of the lungs, intestines, inflammation of the skin is prepared so : two tablespoons of well-chopped herbs of the Lunaria poured a glass of boiling water and allowed to brew for 3-4 hours, then filtered and drunk a quarter cup 3-4 times a day. You can add some honey. Outwardly, this infusion is used for douching of the vagina or rectum.
Freshly squeezed juice for anemia, leukemia, and pulmonary diseases is prepared as follows: squeeze the juice from the fresh grass of the lungwort, then at the rate of 1: 1 add vodka and let it brew for several hours. Take a teaspoon 3-4 times a day.
Tea for diarrhea and intestinal inflammation drink a cup three times a day. Tea is prepared as follows: 2 tea. spoons of crushed grass of the Lunaria pour 100 ml of boiling water, insist for 10-15 minutes and drink.
Herbal collection for diseases of the bladder and kidneys. For the preparation of herbal collection, it is necessary to take in equal quantities well-crushed components - lungweed herb, plantain leaf, sage and wormwood herb, and centaury herb. Mix everything well, then pour a tablespoon of this collection with a glass of boiling water and add 20-25 grams of honey. Then put on the fire and boil for 5-10 minutes. Cool, strain and drink a tablespoon before meals.
Decoction for pulmonary diseases (very effective!): take 2 tablespoons of finely chopped grass of the Lunaria, pour 1 liter of beer, add 1 tbsp there too. honey, put on the fire and boil to reduce to half. Take a decoction should be 2-3 teaspoons, 3-4 times daily before meals, with a small amount of water.
Tincture of medunitsy. Take a liter jar and fill with fresh grass (pre-chop) half, if the grass is dried, then a third, and pour vodka to full volume. Insist at least 14 days in a dark place, occasionally shaking. Ready to drink tincture should be 1 teaspoon, adding it to a small amount of water, before meals 3-4 times a day.
Appearance (photo) of the medunitsa Medunica officinalis (Pulmonaria officinalis) refers to a perennial plant of the genus Medunica (Pulmonaria) of the Buraginaceae family (Boraginaceae). The closest “relatives” of the plant are brunners, forget-me-nots, umbilicals and borage plants.
Popular names for medicinal medunitsy are lung leg, pulmonary grass, speckled grass, honey eel, pulmonary root, water keys, bear grass, forest spear, podoreshina, parrot grass, ox's tongue, scummy, brother-and-sister, iodine grass, bee grass, snowdrop, smoktunchiki, medunika.
How does it look
Medunitsa medicinal is a perennial plant with a thick developed rhizome and an erect stem on which short hairs grow. Plant height reaches 30–35 cm. Green sessile leaves are located at the top of the stem. On the lower leaves there are white spots. Both the upper and lower leaves are rough to the touch.
The flowers of the medunitsa resemble bells with velvety pubescence and change their color during flowering. During this period, at the top of the stem you can see simultaneously raspberry, blue and purple bells, gathered in drooping brushes. At the end of flowering, the flowers become bright blue-violet.
Medunitsa officinalis blooms in April - May. In mid-summer the fruits ripen - pointed nuts at the ends. Flowers pollinate insects, shaking the pollen on the petals. After pollination, the brightness of the flowers decreases. A long corolla tube protects the plant from inefficient pollinators and prevents them from reaching the nectar. Therefore, insects with a long proboscis mainly pollinate the lungwort.
The distribution area of medunitsu medicinal is Central and Eastern Europe, the British Isles, all of Russia except the Far East and the northern regions.
Where grows medunitsa medicinal:
- mixed forests
- forest edges,
- meadows of deciduous forests
- between shrubs.
How to collect
The rules for collecting grass nectarum - leaves, flowers and stems:
- Raw materials are harvested in spring and summer in the period of budding and flowering.
- Cut off the shoots with flowers and leaves on the surface of the earth.
- Remove damaged leaves.
- Tie the grass in small bundles and hang in a room with good ventilation or under a canopy to dry.
- If you have a drying oven, dry the raw materials at 40 ° C.
- When grass becomes brittle, remove it.
Collect the roots in early autumn and be sure to wash before drying. Since the roots are dried in natural conditions much longer than the grass, send them directly to the oven. Ensure that the temperature does not rise above 40 ° C.
Crush dried raw materials in a coffee grinder and place them in glass jars, cardboard boxes or a cloth bag. Keep no more than 1 year.
How to apply
Medunitsa medicinal is used not only in traditional medicine. Thanks to the unusual sweetish taste, soups, salads, pickles and seasonings are made from it. Medunitsa in landscape design is popular for decorating gardens and parks, as it has decorative spotted leaves and blooms early.
For medicinal purposes, decoctions and infusions of medicinal medunitsy are prepared from her herbs.
Doctors do not recommend treatment with lungwort during pregnancy and lactation. However, the ban applies only to treatment. When avitaminosis begins in the spring of pregnant and lactating women, you can add some plant leaves to vitamin salads. Before this, consult with your doctor.
Infusion with endometriosis
Medunitsa medicinal effectively helps in the treatment of endometriosis, especially if it is accompanied by uterine bleeding.
- Lunar medicinal herb - 2 tsp.
- Water (boiling water) - 1 cup.
How to cook: Fill the grass with boiling water and leave for 2 hours in a dark room.
How to use: Take an infusion of 1 tbsp. 3 times a day until complete cure.
Result: Medunitsa medicinal gradually restores the vaginal microflora, stops bleeding and stops excessive growth of fibrous and connective tissue. Infusion of medunki removes inflammation of the female genital organs, has a blood purifying and tonic effect.
Cough medicine fee
Medicinal medunitsu use for chronic bronchitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and any other types of pulmonary diseases. If you are tormented by a strong cough, prepare a chest collection of medunch, nettle, and other herbs.
- Grass and roots of Medunitsa medicinal - 1 tsp.
- Nettle leaves - 1 tsp.
- Althea roots - 1 tsp
- Mullead flowers - 1 tsp
- Water (boiling water) - 2.5 cups.
- Honey - 1 tsp.
How to cook: Stir the herbs and add 2 tbsp. mix in a bowl. Pour boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Before use, add honey to the infusion.
How to use: Take an infusion of ½ cup before meals 3 times a day. The course of treatment lasts 15 days. If necessary, it can be extended.
Result: Medunitsa medicinal quickly relieves cough and phlegm from the respiratory tract. Nettle, marshmallow and mullein enhance the expectorant properties of the decoction and help to heal even from a prolonged cough.
Broth for hair
Используют медуницу для здоровья и красоты волос Медунка хорошо влияет на состояние ногтей и волос. Ее сок можно добавить в шампунь или в ополаскиватель, а травяной отвар принимать внутрь.
- Трава медуницы лекарственной — 2 ст.л.
- Вода (кипяток) — 2 стакана.
Как приготовить: Crush the honey grass, fill with boiling water and place on the stove. Boil on low heat for 15 minutes, cool and strain through several layers of gauze.
How to use: Drink a decoction every day for ⅓ cup.
Result: Medunitsa medicinal improves the structure of the locks, enhances the regeneration of the scalp and stops hair loss.
Honey from honey
Medunitsa officinalis is among the earliest honey plants. That is why it is very popular with many beekeepers. They also appreciate its honey productivity - 30–75 kg / ha and attractiveness for both bees and bumblebees.
Honey plants strengthens the body, helps cure coughs and colds. However, be careful with the use of honey from the medicinal herb of lungwort - the use of the product sometimes causes irritation of the oral mucosa.
There are more than 70 types of lungfish. In folk medicine, not only medicinal medunitsa (Pulmonaria officinalis) is used, but also the following types:
- Lungwort mild (Pulmonaria mollis),
- medunitsya obscure or dark (Pulmonaria obscura).
Also popular types of lungfish:
- narrow-leaved medunitsa (Pulmonaria angustifolia),
- mountain lungwort (Pulmonaria montana),
- Red Lungwort (Pulmonaria rubra),
- lung sugar (Pulmonaria saccharata).
Read more about the medunitsa in the video:
What to remember
- Medunitsa medicinal is a popular remedy for cough, cold and other lung diseases. It also treats gastrointestinal diseases, gynecological diseases, headaches, skin viruses and more.
- During pregnancy and lactation can not be treated with lungwort.
- Children can be given medunitsu medicinal only after 3 years.
- To cure endometriosis, drink an infusion from a plant herb.
- Coughing will help chest collection of nettle, lungwort, Althea and mullein.
Please support the project - tell about us
Use all components in the same amount (1 tablespoon).
How to cook: Mix the grass, fill with boiling water liter. It is better to put the tincture in a thermos. Let it stand for 8-12 hours. Strain, squeeze the cake.
How to use: Drink tincture throughout the day after each meal. Single dose - 250 ml.
Result: Tincture attributed to bronchitis, dilutes sputum well. Also helps people with asthmatic component.
If there is an allergic reaction to pollen, it is better to first take the tincture in limited quantities.
In folk medicine, lungfish is used when visiting the bath. To do this, insist in advance 300 g of grass in 3 liters of boiling water. After that, periodically watering stones in the steam room. It is important not to take deep breaths.
Such a procedure will improve immunity, relieve from the residual effects of the disease, dry cough. Doctors recommend a similar recipe to smokers whose lungs are affected by tobacco.
Types of Lungwort Grass
Modern pharmacology practically does not use medunits, whereas traditional medicine, on the contrary, actively uses this plant, which contains a mass of substances that are most useful for the human body, vitamins, macro- and microelements.
The whole genus Medunitsa, according to data from various sources, has from 12 to 70 species, which are practically not preserved in its pure form due to the high superspottedness of the plant. For this reason, to this day in the systematics of this kind there is no clear structuredness.
For medicinal purposes, three types of lungfish are used (medicinal, obscure, softest), which are almost identical in their healing properties and composition, and therefore are used in traditional medicine equally (all the recipes in this article can be prepared from one of the three listed lungfish). So, we will give a description of each specified type, after which we proceed to consider their properties and applications.
This type of lungfish, which is also called dark lungwort, is considered to be the most common in Eastern Europe.
Medunitsy obscure - it is a perennial with a fairly thick brown rhizome. Absolutely all the plant is covered with stiff, distant and glandular hairs.
The ribbed and slightly bent stem of the dark-leafed rare rarely exceeds 30 cm in height. This plant blooms immediately after the snow melts, lifting its stems above the ground. As the plants bloom, the stems of the plant increase, reaching about 20–30 cm in size.
Green stem leaves, spotless, medium-sized and oblong.
The flowers of the medunitsy obscure, collected in the inflorescence-curl, focused on the end of the stem.
The dry fruits of this type of lungwort disintegrate in the process of ripening into four single-seeded nutlets, and after the seeds ripen, absolutely the entire flowering shoots die off the leaves together, and the plant develops the so-called basal rosettes.
Predominantly flowers of an unclear lonely-colored medunitsa, although there are specimens with purple or white flowers.
Soft Lungwort (softest)
This type of lungfish is common from Western Europe and up to Asia Minor, it is not rare in Eastern Siberia. It prefers medunitsu the softest light, moderately dry places and rich in mineral substances in the soil.
The roots of the softest mellunum have a powerful brown rhizome and a lot of adventitious roots.
The height of this plant varies from 10 to 50 cm, from other types of lungwort, this species is characterized by the presence of soft velvety and slightly sticky pubescence.
The stalk branched at the inflorescence is erect and in some places glandular.
The leaves of the mellunica soft gradually taper to the stem. It should be noted that the upper side of the leaves is glandular in places, while the lower is velvety pubescent and lighter. The leaves of the plant remain green until autumn.
The bisexual flowers of the plant, gathered in fairly thick curls, have a regular shape and grow on the glandular peduncles directly in the leaf axils.
The fruit of the nectarum is a dark brown nut.
Collection and storage
For medicinal purposes, both the aerial part of the lung box and the roots of the plant are used.
The above-ground part is harvested during budding and flowering: for example, flowering shoots (together with the leaves can be) are cut off near the soil, after which they are folded in small bundles and suspended in a ventilated room to dry. You can also dry the raw material in the sun or with the help of dryers (the temperature should not exceed 40 degrees). It is important to quickly dry the raw material, which will help prevent its blackening.
The roots are collected and dried for a long time in the fall.
After drying all parts of the plant, it is desirable to grind (grind) and grind into powder.
The dried raw materials are stored in dense fabric or paper bags.
Medunitsa blooms in the second - fourth year of life, while in the clarified area the plant blooms earlier than in the shade (later the medunitsa will bloom annually, bearing fruit and giving self-seeding).
As mentioned above, lungfish is one of those plants that appear in the forests with the arrival of spring: for example, snow still lies in damp hollows, while bees actively collect pollen from lungwort, gaining strength after a long winter.
The composition and properties of lungfish
- contribute to increased secretion of bronchial glands,
- thin the sputum,
- accelerate the synthesis of corticosteroids,
- excite the cough center,
- regulate water and salt exchanges
- activate the activity of hormones
- eliminate inflammation.
- relieve inflammation
- contribute to sputum discharge,
- contribute to enhancing the action of certain medicinal substances.
- beneficial effect on connective tissue, regenerating it,
- promotes wound healing
- softens and eliminates inflammatory processes localized in the mucous membrane of the stomach, intestines, and also the oral cavity,
- removes toxins.
- regulates the oxidative and reducing processes directly cellular respiration,
- strengthens the capillaries,
- promotes the growth and development of bone tissue
- strengthens the immune system
- stimulates the production of adrenal hormones,
- normalizes the functions of the central nervous system, as well as the endocrine glands,
- normalizes the process of blood formation.
- prevents the formation of tumors,
- regulates protein synthesis
- normalizes metabolic processes,
- removes toxins and free radicals,
- prevents the process of premature aging,
- strengthens the immune system
- normalizes oxidation and reduction processes.
The main task of tannins is to form a biological film that protects the tissues of the body from adverse chemical, bacterial and mechanical effects. Also, these substances significantly reduce the permeability of capillaries and constrict blood vessels.
- helps to reduce capillary fragility and permeability,
- dissolves atherosclerotic plaques, thereby preventing the development of stroke and heart attack,
- accelerates the process of blood clotting,
- lowers arterial and intraocular pressure,
- significantly slows the heart rate,
- promotes bile formation
- stimulates the adrenal cortex,
- eliminates puffiness,
- facilitates the course of allergies.
- relieve inflammation
- eliminate gum disease,
- improve blood circulation
- reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases,
- remove radionuclides from the body,
- accelerate the wound healing process,
- maintains skin elasticity
- contribute to the strengthening of blood vessels
- accelerate the recovery process of patients with cancer.
- helps to increase the activity of enzymes
- contributes to the full physical, mental and mental development,
- regulates the functions of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, sexual, bone and muscular systems,
- strengthens metabolic processes.
In addition to iodine, which is contained in a large amount in the lung box, the presence of manganese and potassium, copper and calcium, iron and vanadium, titanium and silver, nickel and strontium are detected in this plant, which affect the body as follows:
- normalize redox processes,
- normalize the work of the pancreas,
- prevent the formation of cancer cells
- lower cholesterol concentration
- normalize metabolism
- synthesize thyroid hormone
- normalize the work of the central nervous system,
- strengthen the skeleton
- prevent the formation of kidney stones
- eliminate swelling,
- stimulate the production of substances and enzymes necessary for normal human life,
- prevent the development of atherosclerosis,
- normalize blood pressure
- relieve cramps
- strengthen the immune system
- promote the formation of hemoglobin.
Types of Lunaria
The plant has a fairly large habitat. It grows in many forests of temperate climatic zones. It is found in Western Europe, Siberia and even Asia Minor, as well as in the territory of central Russia.
Prefers this flower to a place where shadow and partial shade prevail.as well as enough wet soil, therefore, refers to moisture-loving plants. In addition, the plant does not tolerate heat well, but in the spring there is no particular heat.
Grass lungwort has healing properties, and its various types are able to help a person with certain diseases. It is customary to distinguish the following types of plants:
- Medunitsy obscure - sometimes it is also called dark; it is widely spread in the east of Europe. This plant is a perennial, and all it is covered with small fluffy hairs. It blooms almost immediately after the snow melts, and as it blooms, the length of the shoots may increase to thirty centimeters. Mostly there are flowers with lilac petals, although there may be specimens with white and purple flowers.
- Medunitsa officinalis - a plant species that is widely distributed in the forests of Central and Eastern Europe, as well as in Russia, but it is mainly found in the Kaliningrad region. Medunitsa medicinal can grow to a height of up to thirty centimeters. Its stalks are also covered with down. On the leaves, too, there are fluffy villi. The flowers are located at the ends of the stem and are shaped like a bell with a double perianth.
- The softest medunitse - found in Europe and Siberia and loves moderately dry places where the soil is rich in minerals. Some specimens can reach a height of up to fifty centimeters, while others grow to only ten centimeters. Its distinctive feature is that the leaves have a small and slightly sticky pubescence.
- Lung sugar - A type of flower that can grow not only in natural conditions, but also in areas of gardeners. The advantage of the species is that it does not require special care, it tolerates planting in shaded areas of the garden and begins to bloom in the flowerbeds even before the first leaves on the trees bloom.
Medunitsa has long been considered a medicinal herb and used in traditional medicine. It consists of many useful substances that are necessary for the human body. Among them:
- silicic acid
- vitamin C,
- iodine and many others.
Already from this list we can draw conclusions about the benefits of the herb and that it can be used for various diseases. Among the properties of the flower can also be distinguished the following:
- wound healing
- pain reliever
Usually for medicinal purposes, flowers are used as a drug that can enhance immunity, as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. In addition, it can help eliminate bleeding. Collected in the spring flowers can be brewed in tea or prepare alcohol tinctures.
Fresh shoots and leaves also have healing properties and are able to heal wounds and stop blood, that is, they are mainly used to treat skin diseases and superficial wounds. To speed up the healing process, a slurry made from the leaves and shoots of the plant is applied to the damaged skin.
From the stems can also be prepared decoctions, tinctures and infusion, which are successfully used in traditional medicine for the treatment of many diseases.
Contraindications to use
Despite its many beneficial properties, there are also contraindications to the use of herbs. These include:
- the appearance of constipation in a patient
- pregnancy period and breastfeeding period,
- children up to three years
- individual intolerance to herbs,
- increased blood clotting,
- intestinal atony.
In addition, it should be borne in mind that before you begin self-treatment, you should consult with your doctor, because herbal therapy is an addition to conventional treatment. In addition, self-medication usually does not bring good results, and can only harm the body.
The fresh leaves of the nectarum have hemostatic, wound healing, as well as astringent and antiseptic effects, and therefore are used to treat wounds and skin diseases. To accelerate the healing process of wounds, a slurry prepared from crushed leaves should be applied to the affected area of the skin.
Broths, tinctures and tinctures used in traditional medicine for the treatment of the above diseases are prepared from the leaves and stems of the plant.
In addition, the leaves of medunitsa are edible, as a result of which they can be used for the preparation of salads and soups enriched with vitamins (by the way, in England the medicinal plant was specially grown as a salad plant).
- Fresh young leaves of the Lungwort - 250 g,
- Green onions - 100 g,
- hard-boiled egg - 1 pc.
The leaves of the wrecker are washed and mixed with finely chopped onion and egg. All components are mixed, after which the salad is salted to taste and dressed with a small amount of butter, sour cream or mayonnaise (it all depends on the individual taste preferences).
Salad with Lungwort and Radish
- Fresh leaves of the Lungwort - 200 g,
- radish - 200 g,
- sour cream - 40 g
The medunitsa is crushed, the radish is rubbed on a grater, after which both components are mixed, salted and dressed with sour cream.
Such simple and at the same time delicious recipes (the leaves of the Lunar have the taste of vermouth) will help strengthen the body, give strength and energy, enrich the body with vitamins.
Juice is the most valuable "part" of the lungfish. It is used in the treatment of cancer, leukemia, thyroid disease, anemia, tuberculosis, and inflammatory diseases.
The juice contains a large amount of iodine, so it can be used as an analogue of the latter: for example, when applying a few drops of juice from fresh lungwort to the skin, a yellow speck appears, as when using iodine.
Fresh and canned jujube juice helps to quickly stop the blood from the wound.
The juice of the plant in order to exclude souring is consumed in a 1: 1 ratio with vodka.
When taking the juice inside should be diluted in a ratio of 1:10 with water.
Instructions for use of medunitsy (BAA)
Сегодня медуница реализуется и в качестве БАДа, являющегося отличным источником флавоноидов и полифенолов.
Выпускается такая форма препарата в виде брикетов по 2,5 и 5 г.
Способ применения и дозировка
A briquette of 5 g (or two briquettes at once, each of 2.5 g) is brewed with a glass of boiling water, infused for 15 minutes, filtered, pressed and taken in half a glass twice a day during the meal.
Course duration is one month.
For beekeepers lungwort is of considerable interest for several reasons. First, it blooms in early spring, namely in the month of April, thus being one of the earliest honey plants. Secondly, this plant blooms for about 32 - 35 days, highlighting a large amount of nectar: for example, the honey production of the medunitz varies from 30 to 75 kg / ha. Thirdly, the flowers of the lungfish are very popular both in bees and bumblebees.
Finally, the honey collected from the lungwort is of great value directly for the bee family, because it is during its collection of the uterus that they actively lay eggs, while working bees must replenish their strength, as well as feed stocks.
Medunitsu honey is valuable for consumers, because it helps strengthen the body, helps to cope with cough and cold. But at the same time to the use of this product must be approached with extreme caution, because it can cause irritation of the oral mucosa.
And, of course, you can not use honey jellyfish for people with allergies to this product.
Infusion for lung diseases
2 tbsp. 500 ml of boiling water is poured over the dried grass of the Lothunica; they insist for four hours, filter and drink 160 ml three times a day half an hour before eating.
To increase the effectiveness of the drug in diseases of the respiratory system, it is recommended to add herbs such as thyme and echinacea to this infusion.
Outwardly, an infusion prepared according to the same recipe is used as lotions, washings, baths and rinses, but 4 tablespoons of boiling water are used for 500 ml of boiling water. medicinal raw materials.
Medunitsya is one of the components of the chest collection, used as an effective expectorant for sore throat, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, pharyngitis, cold, rhinitis, tonsillitis, pleurisy and other diseases of the respiratory system.
To prepare the collection in equal proportions are taken such components as thyme and licorice, oregano and primrose, linden and lungwort, mint and clover, plantain and coltsfoot, tricolor violet and calendula, mullein and pine buds.
2 tbsp. collection must be poured half a liter of boiling water and insist two hours. Accepted collection of 0.5 cups three times a day before meals. The course of treatment is 15 days (if necessary, the duration of the course can be increased).
Infusion with inflammation
4 tbsp. crushed leaves of the Lungwort poured two cups of boiling water, insist four hours. Means is used with sugar or honey on 3 st.l. no more than 5 - 6 times a day.
The same infusion will help to cope with diarrhea, spasms.
External infusion is used in the treatment of inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes.
When bleeding, hemorrhoids, as well as female diseases and inflammation of the kidneys, the infusion is prepared according to a similar recipe, but it should be stronger.