Meet: narrow-leaved willow herb, popularly known as ivan tea. It was used to prepare the drink in the days of ancient Russia. For a long time, tea from this plant was sold to Europe. How did the above drink conquer whimsical Europeans? His healing abilities are described below. So read!
Ivan-tea: a brief description
From the beginning of its occurrence, the above plant has acquired a wide variety of names. These are “narrow-leaved grass”, “willow-grass”, “willow grass”, “willow-grass” and others. In the people very often, willow-tea is called "fireman". It turns out that this plant very well populates the place of fires. Also sometimes its name is called “napping” (due to its ability to act as a good sleeping pill).
Also in the literature you can see the following designations of willow-tea: mulberry, Kuril tea, corked, yarovnik, rubella, boron potion, earplug, weed eyes, hoot-grass, silent-grass and many, many others. It seems that in each region there is a name for the above plant.
The main features of narrow-leaved fireweed:
- is a member of the Cyprus Family,
- is a perennial plant,
- has lanceolate leaves,
- flowers of lilac, lilac-red or white color,
- thick rhizome, with numerous shoots,
- flowering period - from mid-June to the second or third week of August.
The willow-tea plant can be found near pine forests, on meadows and wastelands, on peat or dry sandy soils, near village roads, along the banks of lakes and rivers, and also in the form of weeds in vegetable gardens or gardens.
A bit of history of narrow-leaved fireweed
It should be noted that since the XII century, tea was very popular in Russia, for the preparation of which used narrow-leaved willow herb. Ivan tea was collected as simple peasants, as well as representatives of rich noble Russian families.
From the XIII century, the above-mentioned plant became known as “Koporsky tea”. The fact is that Alexander Nevsky founded a small estate Koporye (located in the area of the St. Petersburg province later) that appeared on the site of the destroyed fortress. It is on these sand dunes that the willow-tea plant is very well established. It was harvested by the monks.
Once Koporye was visited by English sailors. They tried this extremely tasty drink. He liked them so much that rich people from Europe (England, France, Prussia) began to order narrow-leaved fire.
Until the middle of the 19th century, Great Britain preferred exclusively this Russian Koporsky tea. Even Indian and Ceylon drinks did not have such popularity.
At the end of the 19th century the narrow-leaved fireweed was pushed out of the European market. Two world events contributed to this: the rapidly growing power of the East India Company and the First World War.
Useful composition of the plant
The herb ivan-tea contains the following substances that are extremely beneficial to the human body:
- vitamin C (especially in the land part of the plant),
- carotenoids (provitamin A),
- mucus (polysaccharides),
- B vitamins,
- tanning substances (up to 20%),
- organic acids,
- phytosterols (especially a lot of beta sitosterol),
- macro- and microelements (copper, iron, manganese, sodium, potassium, calcium, titanium, nickel, boron).
The rhizome of the above plant does not contain tannic substances at all, but it contains a lot of starch, polysaccharides, easily digestible proteins, cobalt, calcium and phosphorus salts.
Ivan-tea: medicinal properties, contraindications
The drink from the above plant has not only a very pleasant taste and amazing aroma, but also a wide range of health effects: it tones the body remarkably, quenches thirst, gives strength, relieves fatigue. Unlike coffee and black tea, broth of narrow-leaved fireweed does not contain purine bases harmful for human health, oxalic acid and caffeine.
With regular use of the drink, the basis for the preparation of which is the grass Ivan-tea, increases vitality and remarkably strengthens the immune system:
- The blood composition and hematopoietic function improves (the normal alkaline acid balance of the blood is restored, the level of hemoglobin increases).
- The increased excitability of the nerves and the system as a whole is reduced.
- Insomnia symptoms and the effects of emotional stress are eliminated.
- Normal blood pressure is restored.
In addition, willow tea, whose healing properties are based on its healing composition, has the following effects on the body:
- Improves lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Increases the absorption of nutrients significantly.
- It has a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Beneficial effect on the health of the prostate gland, as well as the normal functioning of the reproductive system of men.
- Produces a diuretic effect.
- Perfectly eliminates signs of constipation.
- Promotes healing of mucosal wounds in the stomach (that is, it is an effective anti-ulcer agent, has a good enveloping and anti-inflammatory effect).
- Restores the most optimal balance of microflora in the intestine.
- Produces a choleretic effect.
- Shows antiallergic activity.
- Increases potency and prevents the development of symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- It activates the processes of epithelialization and granulation of areas of the skin that have been damaged.
- It produces an analgesic mild effect.
- Shows antiviral activity.
- Enhances lactation and improves the quality of mother's milk.
- Cleans the body from toxins and other contaminants.
- Improves the functioning of the thyroid and the entire endocrine system.
- Significantly reduces the risk of developing oncology.
- It has an antioxidant effect.
- Prevents premature aging of the skin.
- It improves skin condition, making it more elastic and elastic.
No matter how good the healing properties of willow tea are, there are still some contraindications to its use. It:
- increased blood clotting,
Also, children under 6 years old are not recommended to give drinks that contain black-leaved fireweed. Russian healers advise Ivan tea to be used by nursing women and pregnant women only under the supervision of a doctor.
If you drink the above drink for too long, you may experience some problems with the work of the kidneys and liver. For over 1 month without a break, narrow-leaved tea is not recommended to use tea. It can also disrupt the functioning of the stomach and intestines.
Black-leaved fireweed: application
Ivan-tea is actively used in alternative medicine and cosmetology. Russian healers note that, thanks to its soothing, anti-inflammatory, astringent, enveloping, diaphoretic, emollient actions, this plant has become the basis for many remedies for a wide variety of diseases.
Alternative medicine uses all parts of narrow-leaved fireweed (leaves, stems, flowers, roots). For example, frayed leaves of this plant contribute to the rapid healing of even very deep wounds. A decoction of them effectively helps with scrofula, inflammations of the throat, ear, nose, and also acts as an excellent sleeping pill.
Alcohol extract of willow tea is recommended for treating problems with the male urogenital system.
Tibetan alternative medicine uses narrow-leaved fireberry rhizome to eliminate the symptoms of such horrendous and complex diseases as syphilis and gonorrhea. Mongolian healers use willow tea to treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the entire digestive system. They believe that tea from narrow-leaved fireweed is an excellent remedy against scrofula and headache.
Russian healers note that the branches of willow-tea are perfectly combined with birch. Therefore, a broom of these two plants is great for a bath. Their extraordinary beneficial aroma is felt immediately, and the state of health improves significantly, and the headache disappears.
Some cooks add sprouts of willow to various salads. The roots of fireweed can be crushed into flour and enrich bakery products with them.
Ivan-tea: indications for use
The properties of fireweed narrow-leaved are highly valued by Russian healers, who believe that it has a high therapeutic effect. Drink from this plant are advised to use for the treatment of the following diseases:
- iron deficiency anemia,
- gastritis with high acidity,
- gastroduodenitis and gastric ulcer,
- enterocolitis, colitis,
- cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cholangitis, cholecystocholangitis, pancreatitis,
- problems with the male genitourinary system (prostate adenoma, erectile dysfunction),
- male and female infertility
- increased arterial pressure, cardioneurosis,
- problems with the respiratory system (chronic tonsillitis, pulmonary tuberculosis, SARS, antritis,
- spleen diseases
- allergic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, acne, furunculosis,
- urolithiasis, cystitis,
- alcohol and food poisoning,
- hysteria, neurosis-like states, alcoholic psychosis, depression,
- violation of the menstrual cycle,
- Hodgkin's disease,
- uterine bleeding, menopause,
- increased bleeding gums,
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
Also, Russian healers advise drinks from willow-tea to be consumed during severe psycho-emotional stress. Also, this plant is included in the course of treatment of alcoholism and neurosis of different etymologies.
Black-leaved fireweed has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and wound-healing effect. Therefore, it is recommended by Russian healers for instillation in rhinitis, otitis, and antritis. It is also used for rinsing the mouth in diseases such as pharyngitis, sore throat, periodontitis, caries, gingivitis, stomatitis.
There are many recipes for drinks that use Ivan-tea. How to brew it?
It is necessary to take 15 g of dry raw leaves and flowers (approximately two tablespoons), pour 200 ml of boiling water over it. Bring this contents of the enamelware to the boil and cook on a low fire for no more than a quarter of an hour. Infusion is recommended to filter. Before use, it must be diluted with boiling water. If desired, add sugar or honey to the drink.
It is interesting that such a brew can be safely used during the week, it does not lose its properties at all and does not deteriorate.
Another method of brewing involves the preparation of such a drink from fresh leaves of willow-tea. They are placed in an enameled pan with a thin layer, poured boiling water and bring to a boil on a small light. Then leave to infuse for a quarter of an hour. You can drink tea and warm and cold. You can heat it up, but in no case can you bring it to the boil again. After all, high temperature will only destroy the aroma of this drink.
There are also many recipes for medicines, for the preparation of which is used Ivan-tea. How to brew it? 10 g of dry raw materials pour boiling water in the amount of 250 g and cook on a small light for not more than a quarter of an hour. Then you need to drain the broth. Take a tablespoon every 6 hours.
To cure gastroduodenitis and gastric ulcer, you can use the following infusion: take the grass of Ivan tea, chamomile, lime blossom and fruits of fennel in the following ratio: 2: 1: 2: 1. Mix these ingredients thoroughly. Then pour boiling water over them. To use the Russian healers recommend a drink of two glasses before meals.
Ivan-tea in cosmetology
Kiprey narrow-leaved for cosmetology purposes began to be used in the times of Ancient Russia. Nowadays, fashionable salons before massage offer their customers to use a steam bath with tincture of willow flowers. It must be done at least 5 days in a quarter of an hour.
The anti-inflammatory mask on the basis of narrow-leaved fireweed has proven itself well. For its preparation, you will need 8 ml of tincture of flowers of the plant, a pinch of salt "Extra" (at the tip of the knife) and oat flour. Mix these ingredients thoroughly (to the consistency of liquid sour cream) and apply on face skin for a quarter of an hour. Further, this mask is recommended to wash off with warm water. After this procedure, the skin will be cleared of red spots, it will become more tender, elastic and elastic.
Methods of harvesting willow tea
Depending on the use in recipes, there are several methods for harvesting the above plant:
- cutting only the top of the willow tea during flowering (coarse stems do not take),
- separate harvesting of leaves and flowers of fireweed narrow-leaved.
How to dry Ivan-tea?
To dry raw Russian healers recommend in the shade as follows:
- the leaves turn over during the day in a dark place,
- twist the leaves in the hands until the juice comes out,
- spread out such "cigars" on a baking sheet
- cover them with a wet cloth
- leave for 10 hours in the shade for the implementation of the fermentation process and the appearance of fruit smell,
- then unleash the leaves,
- spread out on a baking sheet,
- put in the oven for drying at 100 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes,
- Russian healers advise you to store raw Kopor tea in a glass jar.
It should be noted that you can safely buy Ivan-tea at the pharmacy. The shelf life is usually not more than 3 years.
Ivan-tea is an excellent healing plant that gives the body health and enriches it with useful substances. A fragrant drink based on narrow-leaved fireweed will win the hearts of even very capricious tea connoisseurs. But before using it for medicinal purposes, you should still get the advice of an experienced doctor.
What is ivan tea?
Blooming Sally is a genus of perennial plants of the family Cyprus. It grows throughout the temperate climate zone. Ivan-tea broadleaf grows in the arctic, subarctic belt, and part of the temperate climate zone.
It prefers sandy soils, rather dry. Occurs along forests, in thickets, on clearings and even scorched lands.
Most often, under the name "Ivan-tea" imply narrow-leaved willow-tea, or narrow-leaved willow herb.
The narrow-leaved Ivan tea is a perennial herb, reaching a height of 0.5 - 1.5 (up to 2) m.
It has a thick creeping rhizome. A lot of buds are formed on the roots, through which the plant propagates vegetatively.
Stem - straight, round on the cut, densely covered with leaves.
Leaves - alternate, sessile, simple, linear-lanceolate, pointed, sometimes almost round, from 4 to 12 cm in length and 7 - 20 mm in width. On the front side the leaves are dark green, shiny, on the back side they are dark green, reddish or light pink. Along the edges of leaves ferrous-toothed or solid.
The flowers are large, wide open, dark red or pink, sometimes white, with double perianth. Flowers have four petals, up to 3 cm wide. The flowers form spike-shaped inflorescences located in the upper part of the plant in the form of a conical brush 15-50 cm long. Each flower forms both male and female reproductive cells of the plant. The nectar ring develops around the pistil.
It blooms narrow-leaved tea from about mid-July to mid-August.
Fruit - oblong box, slightly curved, covered with hairs. In the box is formed up to 20 thousand seeds. For narrow-leaved Ivan tea, in contrast to other species of the Ivan-tea genus, it is characterized by the presence of so-called seed on it. tuft (fluff), through which the seeds are able to move through the wind for great distances.
Pollen kernels - three-pore, rounded. The width reaches 4.8 - 8.4 microns. Pollen from Ivan-tea is yellow-green in color.
Collection and drying
In folk medicine are used leaves, flowers and rhizome of ivan tea. Less used unblown shoots. Raw materials harvested during flowering.
Flowers are recommended to be collected when they are just starting to bloom, until they are covered with down from the seeds. The leaves are placed on a cloth or paper in a thin layer, and dried under a canopy, out of reach of direct sunlight.
Rhizomes are recommended to be collected after flowering, in September. Then they should be washed and dried in a dryer or oven, at a temperature not exceeding 70 degrees.
Parts of Ivan tea harvested in this way are used to prepare decoctions, tinctures, tinctures and other preparations of the plant, as well as to prepare culinary dishes. The traditional drink from Ivan-tea, in turn, requires that the leaves are subjected to a fermentation process according to special rules.
When taken orally, tannins have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect on the gastrointestinal tract, therefore products containing tannins are recommended for use in these diseases. Также танины проявляют антибактериальные и гемостатические свойства, помогают устранить или предотвратить неприятные симптомы при укусах пчёл.But the most useful property of tannins is the ability to bind and excrete toxic metals from the body when they are poisoned.
In iwan-tea, in addition to mucus and tannins, the following components were found:
- Organic acids
- Phenolic compounds
- Traces of alkaloids
- Micro, and macronutrients.
Leaves of willow-tea are rich in iron, copper and manganese. They also contain zinc, titanium, molybdenum, boron, etc.
- Necessary for the production of hemoglobin,
- Provides a process of cellular respiration,
- Necessary for the growth process
- It is a component of many enzymes that provide digestion and energy metabolism,
- Participates in the synthesis of immune cells,
- Participates in the generation and transmission of nerve impulses.
- Provides maintenance of normal blood composition, prevents anemia,
- Plays an important role in the absorption of iron by the body, as well as in the synthesis of hemoglobin protein,
- Normalizes the function of the liver, spleen and lymphatic system,
- Helps to cope with obesity,
- Reduces the risk of developing hypertension, sciatica, as well as cancer.
- Plays an important role in the process of growth and development,
- Provides normal bone structure,
- Participates in the synthesis of thyroxine - the main thyroid hormone,
- Provides normal digestion,
- Improves memory and muscle reflexes, reduces irritability,
- Normalizes blood glucose levels
- Required for the synthesis of interferon in the body.
Macroelements such as magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, etc. were found in the leaves of the narrow-leaved fireweed.
- It is one of the most important elements of metabolism,
- It is the most important building block of bones, teeth and nails,
- Ensures the normal functioning of muscle and nervous system,
- Maintains a normal heart rhythm
- Prevents the development of hypertension,
- Provides blood clotting.
- Provides blood clotting
- Necessary for normal functioning of the prostate gland, gallbladder and intestines,
- Participates in the synthesis of estrogen,
- Normalizes the contractile function of muscles, including myocardium (recommended for arrhythmias),
- Plays an important role in the absorption of ascorbic acid, potassium, calcium, sodium and phosphorus,
- Reduces the negative effects of stress and depression
- Activates a number of enzymes that provide carbohydrate and energy metabolism.
Leaves of fireweed narrow-leaved are rich in ascorbic acid (the content of vitamin C is about 4 times more than in lemon). The plant also contains a number of other vitamins, such as A, B1A b2A b3A b6A b9.
- It is a powerful antioxidant: prevents premature aging, reduces the risk of malignant diseases,
- Needed in iron metabolism,
- Improves the muscle tone of the vascular wall,
- Necessary for the formation of bone tissue, as well as red blood cells,
- Regulates the concentration of glucose and cholesterol in the blood,
- Prevents atherosclerosis,
- Breaks down toxic substances in the body,
- Significantly reduces recovery time for most pathologies.
- Plays an important role in redox reactions,
- Participates in the formation of protein,
- Improves cell membrane function,
- Prevents premature aging,
- Improves immunity
- It activates the formation of collagen: rejuvenates the skin, helps eliminate wrinkles,
- Necessary for vision: provides the synthesis of retinal pigments,
- It has antioxidant action, prevents the formation of malignant tumors,
- Inhibits the formation of "bad" cholesterol,
- Normalizes blood glucose concentration
- Participates in the formation of steroid hormones and male germ cells.
- Homocysteine lowers the amino acid level, an excess of which leads to heart attacks and strokes,
- Provides methionine synthesis,
- Regulates nitrous metabolism,
- Normalizes serum cholesterol concentration
- Displays excess lipids from the liver,
- Normalizes the acidity of the digestive juice,
- Accelerates recovery from bacterial and viral infections
- Improves the state of nicotine intoxication,
- Reduces the negative effects of stress.
- Normalizes metabolic processes in the body,
- Participates in the formation of red blood cells
- Supports immunity, participates in the formation of immunoglobulins,
- Increases visual acuity, relieves eye fatigue,
- Stimulates the brain,
- Increases resistance to stress,
- Normalizes the function of the gastrointestinal tract,
- Improves absorption of vitamin B6.
Vitamin B3 (a nicotinic acid)
- Provides normal tissue growth,
- Optimizes lipid metabolism
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Eliminates headache
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and hypertension,
- Increases joint mobility
- Helps to form a number of hormones.
- Provides complete absorption of proteins and fats,
- Helps to cure a wide range of nerve and skin pathologies,
- Relieves nausea
- Provides the formation of high-grade nucleic acids that prevent aging,
- Helps with night pains in muscles, cramps in the legs, numbness of the hands, etc.,
- Acts as a natural diuretic agent.
Vitamin B9 (folic acid)
- Regulates the maturation of red blood cells, provides normal hematopoiesis,
- Plays an important role in the process of hemoglobin formation,
- Provides good digestion,
- A positive effect on the state of the nervous system and the mood of a person
- It is necessary in the process of formation of most organs of the fetus (therefore it is necessary during pregnancy).
Properties of ivan tea
- Sedative (sedative),
- Pain reliever
- Vascular strengthening
Antimicrobial properties of willow tea are successfully used in traditional medicine for the treatment of various infectious diseases, for example, infections of the gastrointestinal tract.
Ivan-tea is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent used in a number of inflammatory diseases. Among them are the male and female inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system, as well as inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system, digestive tract, urinary system. Also narrow-leaved fireweed helps with colds and acute respiratory infections, but only if the administration of plant preparations was started in the first two days after the first symptoms of the disease appeared. If you start to use willow tea later, then either there will be no effect, or it will be the opposite.
Black-leaved fireweed has a pronounced enveloping and astringent effect - therefore it is recommended to use the plant in case of the pathologies of the digestive tract - gastritis, colitis, peptic ulcer.
Like heartwort, willow-tea has a mild sedative and hypnotic effect.
The antioxidant property of narrow-leaved fireweed is provided due to the content of plant phenolic compounds in it, which are particularly strong antioxidants, as well as vitamins A and C. Due to this property, tea is often recommended as a means of prolonging youth.
The vessel-strengthening property of narrow-leaved fireweed is caused by the content of bioflavonoids in it, which strengthen the walls of capillaries and vessels, making them less brittle, more elastic, and also protect them from the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
At the end of the 19th century, willow-tea began to be a serious competitor to Indian tea, which the British East India Company was selling exclusively. The UK, owning huge tea plantations in South Asia, regularly bought thousands of tons of Russian tea, since it was very popular among the inhabitants of the island. Subsequently, under the pretext that the producers of Koporsky tea added white clay, the import of the product was stopped. Coporje quickly fell into disrepair.
Useful properties of Ivan tea (Koporsky tea)
Ivan-tea with a great aroma and a pleasant taste, while it is a very useful plant with a number of medicinal properties.
Dentists recognize its anti-inflammatory effect, as well as the ability to prevent tooth decay. The therapists note that the use of willow tea increases the body's resistance to respiratory viral infectious diseases, normalizes liver and kidney function, and increases potency. When drinking willow tea in the body, blood begins to be purified, and its composition is optimized. Due to this, the drink is used in the treatment of food, alcohol and nicotine intoxications, and accelerates the recovery of patients. Even Tibetan monks use narrow-leaved fireweed for treating the skin, and Chinese healers use this or that bleeding. In medical sources there are mentions of the ability of fireweed to increase fertility. In Soviet times, Ivan tea was used to prepare the antitumor drug "Hanerol", which proved to be effective in research.
Spindle-shaped sausages of twisted leaves of fireweed are placed in an enameled bowl, spreading them in a layer 5 cm high. From above, the leaves are covered with a wet cloth, and placed in a warm place (at a temperature of 24-27 degrees) for 6 to 12 hours which tea is placed - the faster fermentation occurs. Fermentation is considered sufficient if the herbal smell of the leaves changes to a strong floral and fruity aroma.
Important! Leaves should not be placed in an environment with too high a temperature, or they should be fermented longer than the recommended time - while this willow tea, as a rule, acquires an unpleasant odor and loses its positive taste.
After completion of fermentation, the leaves are cut into small pieces, placed in a sieve or baking tray, which are pre-cut with parchment paper. The ground tea is evenly distributed on the surface of the paper with a layer of not more than 1.5 cm, and dried at a temperature of 100 degrees for 1 hour. It is recommended to dry the willow tea in special dryers. Periodically, you should check the readiness of tea to the touch. Well dried kiprey looks very similar to ordinary black tea, but in strength and strength of the aroma is clearly superior to it. If you squeeze a tea tree between your fingers, it should break, but not crumble into powder. When all the tea has reached the above described condition, the drying temperature is reduced, and the craving is significantly increased.
Important! Do not overdo the tea in the dryer. If the fermented boiling powder is dried for too long, or at too high a temperature, the tea will “give up” with paper.
Fermented and dried balsam, as well as ordinary tea from tea leaves, should be stored in a hermetically sealed container. The most convenient utensils for storing finished willow tea at home is a glass jar with a capron lid.
Before use, ready Ivan-tea is recommended to be stored for at least 30 days. However, with longer storage, the aroma and taste of willow tea only improve.
Genetic memory or Old Russian tradition
In recent years, the original tradition of consuming tea from the grass of Cyprus has returned to the life of a modern Russian. This drink, our ancestors began to use a few centuries agowhen ordinary people could not afford to buy expensive English and Chinese tea.
At the beginning of the 17th century, the Russian empire grew in industrial quantities Kiprey or Koporsky tea, named after the village of Koporye, in which there were huge plantations of this medicinal plant and laboratories for setting up the technological process of production.
Part of the crop was supplied by Russian merchants to Europe, where the useful Kiprey was called "Russian tea" and it became no less in demand than Chinese silk and Persian carpets.
After the 1917 revolution from the European market, this native Russian product was superseded by tea drinks from the plantations of India and Ceylon. This led to the collapse of the tea export business in Russia, after which the domestic cypress fields fell into decay, and then the plant stopped cultivating altogether in our country.
Thus, by the end of the 20th century, the Russians had practically forgotten and lost not only the tradition of drinking Koporsky tea, but also the technology of its production and collection.
However, today it is possible to observe its revival.. Many began to engage in the cultivation of healing Cyprus and bit by bit to recover the forgotten secrets of its fermentation. According to the old belief, Koporsky tea purifies the body, clarifies the mind and strengthens the spirit of the person. What do our contemporaries know and how do they strengthen their health with the help of this amazing plant !?
The grass of Kipreya is rich in healthy essential oils., has a generous set of vitamins and minerals (ascorbic acid, manganese, vitamins of group B, copper, etc.), which contribute to the improvement of metabolism and recuperation during depletion.
Virtually all parts of a given plant are used for human health. Containing carotenoids, starch and other organic substances, sweetish roots of Cyprus are usually consumed raw, dried or ground into powder.
Nectar flowers It is a rich source of well-known honeymoon honey and other bee products.
Leaves rich in flavonoids, sugars, ascorbic acid, iron, manganese, tannic (up to 20%) and mucous (up to 15%) substances act as raw materials for making tea and tinctures.
Cyprus: medicinal properties
Fragrant herbal drink from Cyprus helps to get rid of alcoholism and substance abuse, reduces anxiety and depressive disorders and tension, can be derived from stressful situations.
Tea from Cyprus narrow-leaved fell in love with many travelers and athletes for the easily digestible proteins contained in it, which saturate the body with energy. And the mild tonic effect of such a drink competes with caffeinated beverages, the excessive use of which, as is well known, can adversely affect the cardiovascular and nervous systems over time.
Cyprus has health impact and has a beneficial effect on many systems of the human body, namely:
- restores impaired intestinal functions and treats diseases of other organs of the digestive tract - the liver, kidneys, pancreas and spleen,
- effective in diseases of the genitourinary system, increases potency,
- strengthens and stimulates weakened immunity,
- relieves intoxication during alcoholic, food and chemical poisoning,
- relieves headache symptoms and normalizes blood pressure,
- improves blood composition and increases hemoglobin
- serves as a prophylactic against cancer,
- It helps to treat infertility of both sexes.
Speaking about the medicinal properties of narrow-leaved Cypriot, it is impossible not to mention taste herbal teawhich for many people without exaggeration has become one of the favorite drinks. Transparent and tender, with a slightly greenish tint, tea from this useful herb is consumed mainly in the form of heat with honey or jam from the berries.
Seeds of Cyprus are able to become an excellent sugar substitute: they have long been mixed with flour and used in baking confectionery.
At the height of summer, the shoots of this grass, together with other plants and vegetables, provide an excellent basis for cooking soups, salads and various seasonings.
Collection of leaves and flowers recommended during the flowering period of the medicinal plant, that is, from July to September. The best time to harvest is the first half of a clear and dry day. Preference is given to unopened flowers, since subsequent drying reduces the likelihood of their integrity being compromised.
Herbalists try not to damage the plant and leave it whole and fertile, for which it seizes the stem at the top with one hand and removes the leaves from top to bottom with a careful movement of the second hand. Before processing, the leaves of Cyprus are separated from the shoots, laid out in a thin layer in an open place in the shade and dried in a draft for 2-3 days.
If you wish, you can ferment leaves herbs of Cyprus, for which they need to twist into thick rolls, put in enameled dishes with a layer of 5 centimeters and cover with a damp cloth. At a temperature not higher than 27 ° C, the so-called ripening process lasts about 12 hours, as a result of which the leaves acquire a pleasant fruity aroma. It is tea from fermented leaves that has the most beneficial effect on the human body.
In the autumn period, they start harvesting the roots, which are first carefully cleaned from the ground, washed with running cold water, and then dried in an oven at 70 ° C. Dried roots can be ground into flour or used to make tinctures.
It is accepted to brew rich with useful properties in the usual ceramic or glass teapot. Поскольку ферментированные листья обладают большой биологической активностью, рекомендуемая дозировка для одного человека не должна превышать 2 столовые ложки (около 5 г) заварки в сутки.
Для приготовления заварки достаточно 2 чайных ложек сухих листьев на 500 мл воды. To make tea, you need to fill the tea with boiling water and close the lid tightly with the lid, and after 10-15 minutes, slightly shake up its contents. After which the drink will be ready to drink.
For therapeutic purposes, cyprule is used not only inside, but also externally, making infusions and decoctions from it.
Exist lots ofrecipes for making infusions on the basis of this medicinal plant, among which the following can be called the most popular:
- 200 ml of boiled water is poured onto 15 g of crushed aerial part of the plant and infused for 1 hour, then filtered and take 1 tablespoon three times a day. In a similar way to brew and roots of Cyprus.
- 200 ml of boiled water pour 15 g of leaves and leave for 2 hours. Filter and take 1 tablespoon three times a day for anemia or 1/3 cup 3 times a day for chronic cystitis.
- 400 ml of boiled water pour 30 g (2 tablespoons) of leaves and leave for 6 hours. Filter, moisten the swab in the infusion and injected into the ear opening to relieve pain in otitis.
For cooking broth 200 ml of boiled water should be poured about 10 g (1.5 hours spoons) of flowers and put in a water bath for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, strain, take 1 tablespoon of broth three times a day before meals.
In addition, Cypriot use and for cosmetic purposes. To prepare the mask you need to take 10 ml of flowers infused with vodka or alcohol, salt at the tip of the knife and oatmeal. Mix the ingredients to obtain a liquid mass and put it on the face for 10-15 minutes. Then wash with warm water and smear with face cream, depending on skin type.
Side effects and contraindications
There are practically no contraindications for the use of narrow-leaved Cypriot.. However, before its use should be possible exclude individual intolerance and allergies.
Use herb with caution with increased blood clotting and with exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Summing up, I would like to note that the extremely useful Kiprey is narrow-leaved is an excellent tool for many ailments, a source of beauty and youth, which should not be forgotten. Indeed, in our age of modern technology and uninterrupted progress, many forget about natural sources available to everyone and tested not by one generation of people.
Useful composition of willow-tea
Scientists consider Ivan-tea (another name: narrow-leaved boil-herb) as a unique plant, since it is distinguished by the content of a large number of useful substances. First of all, it is vitamin Cwhich is several times more boiled than in citrus. Further - B vitamins, organic acids, pectin, lectins, gallic acid, tannins, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and other components that can beneficially affect the internal systems of the human body.
Leaves contain tannins, a large number of mucuswhich has an enveloping effect as well tanninwith anti-inflammatory properties. Vegetable fiber beneficial effect on the digestive system. The composition of the seeds include fixed oils. Also in this plant no caffeine and some acids that are part of the usual black tea and coffee, because of which the metabolism is disturbed and there is addiction, and sometimes harmful dependence.
Drink from Ivan-tea, which is also called Koporsky tea, has a very pleasant, full-bodied taste and attractive appearance. He brings such tremendous benefit the whole body, which even a generally recognized healer does not give is sea kale. And in the old days, and in our time, experts recommend drinking it after sunset. This calms the heartbeat, slightly reduces the pressure and prepares the person for a quiet, healthy sleep, thanks to which all organs begin to work during the day clearly and smoothly.
Kippra for the gastrointestinal tract
In people with diseased stomach and intestines when drinking Koporsky tea, the process of digestion and metabolism normalizes. Ivan tea in general actively contributes to the improvement of all types of metabolic processes that occur in the body. In addition, it eliminates such symptoms as heartburn, diarrhea, constipation and dysbiosis.
Benefit in the treatment of infections and inflammatory processes
This plant is used as a powerful antiseptic, so it is often prescribed for the treatment and prevention of all kinds of infectious diseases, as well as to slow down and even stop the inflammatory processes. The universal chemical composition of fireweed is not found in any other plant, which are also used for similar purposes - neither in the bark of willow and oak, nor in the bear's ears.
Ivan tea nursing mothers
Drink from willow tea is recommended (in this case, after consultation with the doctor) to be used by nursing mothers, as it has lactational qualities. As a result, mothers do not disappear breast milk, and they can feed their babies for quite a long time, which is very beneficial for their health.
Growing area and botanical features
The main area of growth is the Northern Hemisphere. The plant especially loves sandy places near coniferous forests (light zone). Very often, willow-herb can be found on the places of mass cuttings, near railway tracks, in ditches, on cliffs, near embankments, near water. On the territory of Russia it is found in the Urals and in Siberia. Cyprus has gained fame as a diagnostic species, as it begins to grow first in the places of deforestation or on ashes. When shrubs and trees grow in these areas again, the plant dies or moves to a more open space.
Cyprus has small seeds with long hairs, because they can spread over long distances with air currents. Very often it can be seen growing near raspberries. Cyprus under natural conditions reaches a height of half a meter to 1.5-2 meters. The stem is tall, simple, naked, and in places with dense foliage. The root is massive, thick, refers to a creeping mind. Leaflets are sphenoid, pointed, simple, with short petioles. Depending on the growing season, the color of the leaf can be from bright green to pale pink. The flower is medium in size with two perianth. In diameter, it reaches 2.5-3 cm. Petals are planted rarely, painted in pale pink, rarely white. Flowering occurs in the second half of July and lasts three to four weeks. During flowering, willow herb produces a large amount of yellow-green pollen. The fruit most likely resembles a pod or a curved box, slightly pubescent. The seeds are oblong, slightly elongated, with several hairs on one side. Ripen in August-September.
What does alternative medicine say
In folk medicine, the use of narrow-leaved grass has been practiced for a long time, the range of its action is very wide. The plant is able to fight inflammatory processes of any complexity and is effective for all organs and systems. There is also evidence that willow tea is capable of stopping the development of cancer in the early stages. And in the later stages it can ease the pain and dull the pain. In particular, it helps men in treating diseases of the genitourinary system. Also note excellent results in patients who have problems with adenoma and prostate. This feature was noted in 1983 by the famous herbalist Traben Maria. In folk medicine, wormwood has gained the glory of a panacea for all diseases. For example, with gonorrhea and syphilis, it was prescribed in the form of decoctions and tinctures. The broth was used for gargling with sore throat and as lotions for otitis. When gastric ulcers manifestations recommended alcohol tinctures, which contributed to the tightening of wounds on the walls of the stomach.
But before you start taking medicine on the basis of narrow-leaved fireweed, useful properties and contraindications are not enough to study on your own. It is necessary to consult a specialist in order to prevent the unpleasant effects of self-treatment.
The fact that decoctions and tinctures from the grass of fireweed narrow-leaved act soothingly, was known for a long time. It is especially effective in migraines and neurosis, it even surpasses the well-known valerian in medicinal qualities. If valerian just soothes and relaxes, then ivan tea can change for the better the human activity at the level of reflexes. Also, doctors say that the plant perfectly fights with the manifestation of cramps. Due to the large amount of tannin in boiling water, lotions based on it help wounds heal faster. For example, decoctions showed excellent results in the treatment of eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis. Also, tincture of willow tea is used in the treatment of ulcers and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
When to collect wormwood
The optimal time for collecting plants - from July to September. As for the growing season, the leaves, shoots and stems are collected during flowering. When the plant is trimmed, harvesting is stopped. First of all, you need to carefully examine the plant: it should not be sick, dusty or broken. Then the stem is gently clamped by hand and held from top to bottom.
It is not necessary to completely “enclose” the whole plant; several sheets, flowers and shoots will suffice. Then you can go to the neighbor and so on. Usually Ivan-tea grows in thickets, so it will be enough for everyone. It is advisable to choose the stands of firewood away from polluted areas and agricultural fields. Also, it is not necessary to collect the plant near industrial facilities or busy highways. It is best to choose forest outskirts, remote forest belts, abandoned glades and the like.
How to dry and ferment Ivan-tea
After the collection has been made, it is recommended to dry the narrow-leaved firewood, useful properties and contraindications which we consider recommended in a dry room, preferably in a draft. Stems, leaves and flowers are separated in small portions and laid out on a clean canvas or paper. At a constant temperature (about +20 ℃), the finished deadwood can be decomposed into small containers in 3-4 weeks. Store preferably in paper bags, glass containers or linen bags.
Now you need to separately tell about the preparation of the root. It is best to dig it in the fall (September-October). The roots are thoroughly cleaned of dirt, washed well and dried. Cut in small pieces and leave to dry in the oven. If you plan to use parts of the root for tincture or decoction, then this is enough. And, if you need powder from the root, then the parts are dried naturally for at least a month in the open air.
The withering of the leaves implies their washing and subsequent light drying on a dry surface with a layer of no more than 5 cm during the day. At the same time periodically stir all parts of the plant. There is also a special technology for harvesting wilderness - it's twisting leaves. Each leaf fray in the palms and give it the shape of a tube. At the same time, cell sap is released, and all the beneficial substances remain in the leaves. This is how you can get the most fragrant and healthy tea drink.
Now consider the technology of tea fermentation. To do this, lay the twisted leaves in a thin layer in an enamel bowl and cover with a damp cloth. They are placed near a heat source with a temperature not higher than + 26 ... + 28 ℃. Leave about 8-10 hours. Thus, fermentation occurs, and the usual grassy aroma turns into a rich floral and fruity. Here it is important not to allow the temperature to rise, otherwise the taste will turn rancid. Next, the leaves are cut with scissors, spread on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Put the oven on the temperature indicator +50 ℃ and put the baking sheet. Produce periodic mixing with a wooden spatula. Here it is important that the leaves do not crumble into dust, and break. The color of the leaves should be similar to that of this long leaf tea. Store the finished product is recommended in glass or paper containers in a dark place.
Koporsky Tea Reviews
Many people, having once tasted an improperly prepared willow-tea, are disappointed in this drink, having found its taste unpleasant. This is what happens when the preparation of raw materials was done by a non-professional. If a brand-name product made by a conveyor belt was used to brew a drink, its taste may also be disappointing. In addition, such a product is usually quite expensive.
Most phytotherapists and herbalists agree that to make really high-quality willow tea, all manipulations with the leaf-leafed fireweed must be done manually.
Therefore, to appreciate the dignified leaf tea, it is extremely important to follow all the rules for collecting, fermenting, drying and storing the leaves of the plant.
Connoisseurs of Koporsky tea unanimously claim that a properly prepared leaf of boiled-leaved boiling leaves makes it possible to prepare a drink that is superior in its taste to the best varieties of regular tea. As far as health benefits are concerned, ordinary tea, made from Chinese camellia leaf, cannot be compared with willow tea.
What tea is more useful: Ivan-tea or "Indian" tea
The import of Koporsky tea from abroad, as well as its domestic sales were banned in Russia, although the beverage is harmless to health. Gradually, Indian tea began to gain popularity in all sections of society, and Ivan-tea was unfairly forgotten.
The consequences of such a massive enthusiasm for foreign teas are far from always positive. Many nutritionists and physicians are confident that this hobby is guilty of an increase in the number of strokes, myocardial infarction, and nervous breakdowns. And all this is due to the fact that tea from the leaves of the tea bush (Chinese camellia) contains a large amount of caffeine. The human body, in the process of evolution has never encountered such a quantity of caffeine entering it, simply cannot assimilate and utilize it completely.
Everyone knows that caffeine increases activity and activates the processes of excitation in the cerebral cortex, as well as increases motor activity. Alkaloids contained in the leaves of Camellia Chinese, and, subsequently, in the drink, have a stimulating effect on the heart. Cardiac muscle contractions increase and increase. Subsequently, the person feels a surge of strength. However, such an unnatural "warming up" of the body is accompanied by high energy costs. With regular use of caffeine in large quantities, nerve cells are depleted, and over time a person will feel tired, which will last much longer than a short-term surge of strength after a cup of tea. Therefore, doctors and nutritionists increasingly agree with the opinion that tea from the leaves of Camellia Chinese should not be consumed regularly - this drink will be useful once a week, and for some - once a month.
Caffeine is contraindicated in many pathologies: insomnia, hypertension, atherosclerosis, glaucoma, diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Excessive consumption of caffeine-rich beverages causes aggravation of diseases of the digestive tract. Also, tannins of tea activate the excretion of elements such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus from the body. Thus, tea, as well as coffee, depletes people who consume it daily, and in large quantities. However, the moderate use of tea, especially green, is recognized as useful.
Ivan-tea, in turn, does not contain caffeine. It consists of substances that bring the body only benefit. Therefore, Koporsky tea for most people, in comparison with ordinary tea, is a more useful drink.
Ivan tea for prostate adenoma
Prostate adenoma is an unpleasant and dangerous disease from which no man is immune. Most phytotherapists confirm that willow tea helps with prostate adenoma. It is believed that the plant-containing phytosterols lead to a slowing down or stopping of prostatic hyperplasia.
Regular intake of willow-herb, as well as the encapsulated plant preparation, allows many patients to avoid surgery, as the gland ceases to grow in size. German phytotherapeutists claim the following: “water extract of willow tea, as proven, has a powerful anti-inflammatory and healing effect on acute and chronic pathologies of the prostate gland in the first and second stages of adenoma, in cystitis, and can also be used in combination with other drugs after surgery on "In the pathologies of the prostate gland, in addition to narrow-leaved willow-tea, it helps to eat pumpkin seeds, which speeds up the healing process."
The substance contained in the boiling water of narrow-leaved and providing the main therapeutic effect is called beta-sitosterol. In the treatment of prostate adenoma, beta-sitosterol plays a large role because it reduces the likelihood of hyperplasia of the gland, as well as malignant transformation of its cells. Also, this substance reduces the concentration of cholesterol in the blood plasma, and normalizes metabolism. Немецкие фармацевты Б. Тайс и П. Тайс доказали, что препараты из кипрея узколистного ингибируют воспаление в простате, что позволяет использовать ее в лечении аденомы.
При совместном применении с другими растениями, например, в составе сборов, лечебный эффект взаимодополняется и усиливается. Настои таких сборов следует употреблять курсами.
Настой при аденоме простаты
3 ч.л. dry chopped herbs willow-tea brew 400 ml of boiling water. Insist 5-10 minutes., Filter. This infusion is better to drink in the morning, on an empty stomach, or before going to bed, 150-200 ml at a time.
Ivan tea can be brewed, as usual - one teaspoon of tea for 200-250 ml of boiling water. This drink eliminates inflammation of the prostate, stops further hyperplasia of the gland, improves the indications of urological tests. In addition, this drink reduces the risk of malignant tumors.
Modern studies of the properties of willow-tea allow recommending it to all men over 50 years old, since this medicinal herb does not cause any harm, while it calms the nervous system and normalizes sleep.
More on prostate adenoma
Ivan-tea in the treatment of cancer
Since willow tea contains a whole range of useful vitamins, microelements and organic substances, it can be recommended during chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as a fortifying and vitamin remedy.
However, the benefits of willow in the treatment of oncology do not end there. There are scientific data on the antitumor properties of fireweed. These properties are provided by the content in the plant of the active substance chaperol, which has antitumor activity. Back in the 80s, Soviet scientists developed the drug "Hanerol", which, according to research results, turned out to be an effective antitumor agent for some types of cancer. However, for several reasons, the production of the drug was closed.
Ivan-tea from overweight and double chin
Famous popular recipe of drinking Ivan tea with a pinch of salt. It is drunk 150 ml, half an hour before meals. Thanks to it the excess weight will leave, and also you will get rid of a double chin. It appears due to disturbances in the functioning of the salivary glands. Saline deficiency occurs in the salivary glands, and they increase the production of saliva to prevent disruption of chewing and swallowing. The rush of blood to the glands increases, the vessels begin to secrete lymphoid fluid to form saliva. However, the lymphoid fluid penetrates beyond the salivary glands, accumulating in the subcutaneous space of the chin and neck. When using salted willow tea, this process stops, and the second chin goes away with time.
Salted willow tea is similar in composition to kelp. Therefore, steamed tea can not be thrown away, but eaten like greens to meat and fish dishes.
Honey from Ivan-tea (honey honey)
Honey from willow-tea is usually called boiled honey. Black-leaved Kiprey has a number of medicinal properties, and its composition includes a large amount of vitamins, trace elements and nutrients. Of course, the bees do not know about it, but they still diligently collect nectar from its flowers.
Such a predilection of bees is quite explicable: Ivan-tea is an excellent honey plant. Due to its wonderful smell, it attracts bees from long distances. From the collected nectar it turns out very fragrant, tasty and healthy honey.
Honey honey has earned its popularity among fans and connoisseurs of good varieties of honey. However, he has not yet gained widespread popularity, perhaps because of his specific appearance.
Honey from willow-tea is yellowish or slightly greenish, with a consistency like cream. It is quickly candied, so it forms clots, resembling grains or snowflakes. When honey is candied, it acquires a lighter shade, which puzzles many people. Many are beginning to suspect that they sold poor-quality honey, or it was diluted with sugar syrup. However, only a few connoisseurs of this product know that honey from willow is one of the most common in Russia.
As a result, ignorant people, wanting to buy high-quality, natural honey, often opt for a beautiful, but useless, fake. Added to it are dyes and other food additives, not always of natural origin, which allow you to turn honey into a beautiful uniform mass. Benefit from such a product is very difficult to obtain, but it can be poisoned, since it is not always possible to find out in advance what kind of substances were added to it to create the perfect color.
In addition to poisoning, allergic reactions can develop to fake honey. But the natural honey from willow-tea can rarely cause allergies. As a rule, it helps the human body to get used to various foods in the diet, and also increases its resistance to external factors. Of course, this effect has only natural honey of honey, which, if desired, you can easily learn to distinguish from the best fakes.
Properties and application
Honey ivan tea used in folk medicine since ancient times. Our ancestors understood that honey possesses all the beneficial effects that skewberry itself possesses narrow-leaved leaves. Therefore, it was used to treat the same pathologies.
Scientists are only studying the properties of this type of honey. However, today it is used as a cosmetic. It is added to scrubs and creams to make the skin softer and healthier. In the recipes that came to us from the depths of the centuries, you can find many interesting ways to use honey honey. For example, they were covered in a bath, then removed, after which the body was well washed - this procedure cleanses, nourishes and rejuvenates the skin, eliminating wrinkles. Such properties of honey were noticed by manufacturers of cosmetics, and they began to add it to many cosmetics in order to affect the skin using natural methods.
Of great interest is the practice of using honey from ivan-tea in the treatment of pathologies of the skin and mucous membranes (only natural honey is used, without any additives). Many experts did not immediately believe in it, but scientific data have shown to confirm the effectiveness of such therapy. Cyprus honey people successfully treat boils, boils, acne and other problem areas of the skin. Also, like willow tea itself, honey from it has antiseptic properties - it destroys pathogens, cleanses the skin - and the disease subsides.
Of course, honey of honey is not a panacea for all skin diseases, so you should not rely on miraculous healing. If, for example, the origin of a skin rash is associated with some kind of internal disturbances or pathological processes, honey will not be effective in its treatment. Therefore, doctors recommend starting to engage in medication only after examination by a dermatologist. If you take up the treatment of skin disease with honey, without finding out its cause, you can even worsen your condition.
On the properties and range of application of honey from Ivan-tea are still under discussion among nutritionists and other doctors. In the people, it is used not only for skin problems, but also for pathologies of internal organs. At the same time, the range of recommendations for its use in traditional medicine is so wide that sometimes narrow-leaved willow herb was considered to be a magic potion. However, no doubt, it can be argued that honey in honey helps with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. For this, 1 tsp. honey is bred in a cup of warm boiled water, and they drink in the morning, on an empty stomach. Such a pleasant medicine stabilizes the bowels, destroys pathogenic bacteria and lowers the acidity of the gastric juice. Due to this property of willow-honey, it is often used in the treatment of hyperacid gastritis. Accordingly, with gastritis with severely low acidity, honey is not recommended.
Also, nutritionists and folk medicine experts recommend eating 1 tsp. honey honey, because it nourishes the body with vitamins, and also increases its defenses. However, it is not necessary to eat it excessively, because if consumed daily and excessively, honey honey can have a negative effect on health, simply because any substance in adequate quantities that brings only creep can cause intoxication.
Therapeutic and prophylactic properties of narrow-leaved willow tea were appreciated in cardiology and psychotherapy. Natural honey honey improves the condition of the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, normalizes the work of the heart muscle, positively affects arterial and intracranial pressure. If a person has insomnia - you can eat a teaspoon of honey before bedtime, and drink it with cool water (do not drink honey with hot water, as this significantly reduces its beneficial qualities). This recommendation also applies to persons who have any impairment of the nervous system.
Thus, the moderate and proper use of natural honey honey can only strengthen your health, energize and fill you with strength. And before going to bed, he, on the contrary, will help you to relax and enjoy a restful, restorative sleep.
Ivan-tea is contraindicated only in case of hypersensitivity to any substances of the plant.
According to folk beliefs, willow tea cannot be drunk in large quantities by men, since this can lead to a decrease in potency. However, this scientific belief is not confirmed, therefore, to trust this recommendation or not is an individual matter.
Since the use of honey honey leads to a decrease in the acidity of gastric juice, it is not recommended for gastritis with low acidity.
What is wormwood
What is balsam, useful properties and contraindications, what are the medicinal properties of this plant, all this is very interesting for those who lead a healthy lifestyle, monitor their health, and are interested in traditional methods of treatment, including with the help of herbs and spices . So we will try to answer these questions in the following article.
Cyprus (lat. Epilóbium) is a genus of grass or dwarf shrubs of the family of Cyprus (Onagraceae). Earlier, plants of the genus Ivan-tea (Latin Chamaenerion) were included in the genus of willow-herb.
Cyprus is a tall grass with long leaves and large dark pink flowers found on all continents in temperate zones. Cyprus prefers well-lit places: flat banks of rivers and streams, meadows, cinders and logging.
The English name of narrow-leaved fireweed, or Ivan-tea - Fireweed - means "weed of fires." On the lands devastated by fire, this plant appears first, preparing the conditions for settling other plants in the future.
Flowers of fireweed consist of four pink sepals, four loose petals, eight stamens and a bent pistil. All flowers are collected in a pointed brush, they open from six to seven in the morning. At the base of its pink petals, it is easy to detect drops of nectar, which winged workers remove — up to a thousand kilograms per hectare — then turn it into fragrant light honey. The leaves are lanceolate, alternate, very similar to the leaves of willow. Baby seeds with white hairs. Such seeds of hectare of sowing seeds sow up to four billion, they have excellent germination and germination energy.
In folk medicine, it is used as the above-ground part of fireweed - leaves and flowers, and underground - rhizome. The collection of leaves and flowers occurs during the flowering period of the medicinal plant, and the flowers should not be fully opened, since there is a high probability that during the drying process they will turn into seeds. The leaves before drying are separated from the shoots and laid out under a canopy in a thin layer.
The roots are harvested after flowering (in autumn). After digging, the rhizome is cleaned from the ground and washed well under cold water, then dried in an oven at 70 ° C.
What is useful for fire?
If you examine only 100 g of green mass of a plant, you will find that it contains 16 mg of manganese, 2, 3 mg of iron and copper, 1, 3 mg of nickel and titanium, b mg of boron and 0.44 mg of molybdenum. These particles of metals are excellent stimulants in the process of blood formation.
The roots and leaves of fireweed contain 10-20% tannins, up to 0.4% ascorbic acid, carotene, sugars, pectin, mucus, alkaloids. Fireweed seeds contain up to 40–45% fatty oil.
Before budding in the aerial part of narrow-leaved firewood, there is up to 20% protein, a salt of phosphorus, calcium, cobalt, and up to 15% mucus.
All parts of the plant are used in boiling water. So, its roots are boiled and eaten as asparagus, they taste like something between asparagus and cauliflower, and are quite nutritious due to the high starch content. But the roots are not only pleasant to the taste, they are also useful, as they have a mild laxative effect, preventing constipation. With the same purpose, you can drink the infusion of fireweed.
A large number of various mineral salts contained in this magical grass - magnesium, calcium and potassium - are used to normalize the work of almost all organs of the human body. There are a large amount of tannins in boilers, which allows it to be used for intestinal disorders.
The healing power of this miracle herb affects all parts of its path through the body, including the urinary tract. Therefore, decoction, infusion or alcoholic infusion of fireweed is successfully used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract. For example, in chronic cystitis that is difficult to treat and prone to relapse, it is simply indispensable.
There is a lot of vitreous and vitamins, and the amount of vitamin C in its leaves is three times more than in the orange fruit. Sugar and carotene, pectic substances and alkaloids are also found in various parts of firestone. Oil content in seeds up to 45%.
- flavonoids (quercetin, cemferol, which has antispasmodic choleretic and diuretic effects),
- tannins (up to 20% of tannic pyrogal groups with astringent anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effect),
- mucus (up to 15%, which provides emollient and enveloping properties, the ability to relieve inflammation, alleviate pain, soothe and relieve cramps),
- a small amount of alkaloids (these substances are poisonous in large doses, but in small ones they have remarkable healing properties, they are able to improve metabolism, blood circulation, the state of the nervous system are good painkillers),
- chlorophyll (green pigment of plants, absorbing light energy stimulates wound healing, improves metabolism),
- pectin (this substance increases the shelf life of tea).
- The leaves contain vitamins, especially a lot of carotene (provitamin A) and vitamin C (up to 200–388 mg - 3 times more than in oranges).
- The roots are rich in starch (this is a plant carbohydrate reserve), polysaccharides (these carbohydrates are involved in immune reactions), organic acids (they are involved in biochemical reactions, play an important role in maintaining acid-base balance).
In addition, a large number of trace elements that stimulate blood formation - iron, copper, manganese and other trace elements necessary for metabolism - nickel, titanium, molybdenum, boron - were found in the leaves of willow-tea.
Healing properties of fireweed
The unique composition determines the variety of healing properties of willow-tea. This is a mild laxative, emollient, enveloping, wound healing, analgesic, anticonvulsant action. In its anti-inflammatory properties, willow-tea surpasses all medicinal plants - it has been scientifically proven that it has the highest coefficient of anti-inflammatory action among plants! And in its tranquilizing action (sedative, reducing the feeling of tension, anxiety, fear), it has no equal at all.
In folk medicine, ivan tea has long been considered also an antitumor agent. And scientific studies have confirmed the centuries-old experience of herbalists; from the inflorescences of willow tea, a high molecular weight compound, phenerol has been isolated, which exhibits antitumor activity, has relatively low toxicity and a wide range of effects on tumors.
Cyprus gives us:
- prevention of malignant and benign tumors,
- increases potency
- effective in diseases of the urogenital system (powerful prevention of prostatitis),
- cicatrization of gastric and duodenal ulcers,
- increased immunity to respiratory viral infections,
- caries prevention,
- improves blood composition
- reduces body toxicity,
- removes food and alcohol poisoning,
- restores strength when exhausted
- with stones in the liver, kidneys and diseases of the spleen,
- strengthens the hair roots
- Vitamin C in willow tea is 6.5 times more than in lemon,
- eliminates headache
- normalizes pressure.
The beneficial properties of fireweed help a person in the treatment of many diseases, while you can use them not only when taking infusions and decoctions of fireweed inside, but also when used externally. It can be a bath of decoction plants, compresses and rinses.
Such baths treat eczema, purulent wounds, ulcers. Also apply crushed leaves of fireweed to inflamed, non-healing wounds. Burnt boiling water is applied in the form of compresses to the joints and muscles, thus removing painful sensations.
Компоненты, входящие в состав кипрея, помогают нормализовать сон людям, страдающим от бессонницы. Проведённые учёными опыты показали, что кипрей обладает противосудорожным действием, а полученный из растения препарат «Ханерол», проходит сейчас испытание, как противоопухолевое средство высокой активности.
Кипрей для мужчин
О полезных свойствах кипрея для мужчин стоит упомянуть отдельно. По утверждению некоторых фитотерапевтов, кипрей способен бороться с простатитом и аденомой простаты не хуже, чем традиционные лекарственные препараты. Вследствие развития заболевания, нередко образуется доброкачественная опухоль. With drug treatment, they try to prevent its development with strong antibiotics and hormonal drugs, the long-term use of which is fraught with consequences.
In such a situation, the best way out would be to use Koporsky tea, which substantially alleviates the symptoms of the disease, and also inhibits the development of the tumor. With timely treatment, the disease can disappear altogether, thereby avoiding surgery.
Talk to your doctor and try these recipes:
- When adenoma: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried garlic leaves, 2–3 teaspoons of fireweed, pour 2 cups of boiling water, insist, wrapped, then strain and drink 2 times a day, 0.7–1 glass, you can on an empty stomach.
- Prostate adenoma: 2 parts of the leaves of fireweed, 1 part of the crushed leaves of the hazelnut of the forest (hazel) mix. Take 3 teaspoons of the mixture, pour 2 cups boiling water, leave for 5 minutes, strain. Drink a glass in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening half an hour before bedtime.
- Prostatitis (chronic). In equal parts, take crushed leaves of fireweed and birch: 1 tbsp. spoon pour the mixture with 1 cup boiling water, leave for 2 hours, strain. Drink in warm form 1/3 cup 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals. Infusion can be taken after surgery on the prostate.
- For the treatment of chronic prostatitis: 1 part of the grass of fireweed, 1 part of the flowers of hawthorn mixed. 1 tbsp. Spoon a mixture of herbs pour 1 cup boiling water, leave for 2 hours, strain. Infusion can be taken after surgery on the prostate. Drink in warm form 1/3 cup 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- In case of prostate adenoma, the following remedy helps: to take crushed leaves of fireweed, birch, strawberry, hazel in equal parts: 100 g of the mixture pour 1 liter of red dry wine, leave in a dark place for 1 month, periodically shaking the contents, drain, squeeze out the residue. Drink 25-30 g 3 times a day for 30-40 minutes before meals.
- Tincture of fireweed for adenoma: 2 cups of hot water pour 2–3 teaspoons of fireweed, allow the medicine to infuse, then strain and drink 2 times a day for 1 glass (in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening, 30 minutes before bedtime).
- Prostate adenoma. 3 teaspoons of boiling herbs, 2 teaspoons of the roots and parsley herb, pour 3 cups boiling water, leave for 25 minutes, drain. Drink 2 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day.
- BPH. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fire grass and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of flowers stakhis pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 8-10 hours, drain. Drink 0.5 cups 3 times a day. You can use and with impotence.
Recipes from the book of Y. Konstantinov “Yarrow, wormwood. Natural medicines.
Cyprus for women
Ivan-tea is a valuable medicinal plant, from which not only delicious tea is made, but also therapeutic agents against many diseases. What benefits can this plant give to the female body and which women's diseases can be cured or prevented?
Talk to your doctor and try these recipes:
- Recipe for the treatment of whiter in women: 2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped root of fireweed pour 1 cup boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist 2 hours, drain. Drink 1/3 cup 3 times daily before meals.
- When you are with women: pour 2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped root of fireweed and 2 tbsp. spoonful of viburnum berries pour 2 cups boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist 2 hours, drain. Drink a third of a glass 3 times a day before meals.
- Beli in women: 1 tbsp. spoon of fireweed roots, chop 1 tsp of aniseed fruit. Take 2 g of powder daily.
- Beli in women: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped firewood roots and 1 tbsp. spoonful of barberry berries pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist 2 hours, drain. Drink 1/3 cup 3 times daily before meals.
- Abundant menstruation: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fireweed leaves, 1 tbsp. spoon Yarrow herb pour 2 cups boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain. Drink a glass of infusion per day for several receptions, or 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times daily before meals.
- With heavy, exhausting menstruation: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fireweed leaves pour 1 cup boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain. Drink a glass of infusion per day for several receptions, or 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times daily before meals.
- Abundant menstruation: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fireweed leaves and 2 tbsp. spoons of dry crushed leaves of barberry pour 2 cups boiling water, leave for 1 hour, strain. Drink 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times daily before meals.
- Abundant menstruation: 1 tbsp. spoonful of a mixture of leaves of fireweed and grapes pour a glass of boiling water, insist and take 0.5 cups 2 times a day.
- Abundant menstruation: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of fireweed leaves, 1 teaspoonful of the powder of the fruit of the cherry stems, pour a glass of boiling water over it, hold on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Take 14 cups 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- Abundant menstruation: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of a mixture of herbs of fireweed and purple bells pour a glass of boiling water. This is the oldest remedy for infectious genital diseases.
- Abundant menstruation and frequent miscarriages: drink tea from the leaves of fireweed and strawberries constantly. Take 1 teaspoon of the mixture of these herbs, brew a glass of boiling water, insist, filter and drink like tea.
- For the normalization of scant or heavy menstrual bleeding tea is useful: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of a mixture of dry leaves of fireweed and chamomile flowers pour a glass of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 20 minutes, drain. Drink 2 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day.
- When uterine bleeding during menopause, abundant and painful menstruation, you can drink tea daily: mix fireweed leaves and flowering heads of red clover. 1 tbsp. spoonful of the mixture pour a glass of boiling water, insist, strain and drink tea 3 times a day.
- When violations of the menstrual cycle is useful tea from linden and fireweed flowers: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of a mixture of leaves and flowers of fireweed and linden flowers is poured with a glass of boiling water, to insist, strain and drink a cup 3 times a day.
- In the treatment of adnexitis (inflammation of the ovaries): 1 tbsp. spoonful of a mixture of dry leaves of fern and leaves with the color of fireweed pour a glass of boiling water, insist 10 minutes in a water bath and take 14 cups 3 times daily before meals. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks. After a month it is desirable to repeat it.
- When menopause is good, the following recipe helps to get rid of unpleasant symptoms: half a liter jar can be filled with chopped dry flowers, pour 0.5 liters of vodka, cover and insist 1 month. Shake periodically. Take 30 drops in a spoonful of water 3 times a day.
- When climax half liter jars filled with chopped dried flowers of fireweed, mixed in half with leaves of nasturtium, pour 0.5 liters of vodka, close the lid and insist 1 month. Shake periodically. Take 30 drops in a spoonful of water 3 times a day. Tincture relieves headache, reduces rapid heartbeat, removes swelling. Relieves irritation.
- Climacteric neurosis perfectly treats tea from the leaves of fireweed and blackberry. It is necessary to take 1 teaspoon of the mixture of these dry leaves, pour a glass of boiling water, insist and drink a cup 3 times a day.
Recipes from the book of Y. Konstantinov “Yarrow, wormwood. Natural medicines.
Kippra in weight loss diets
To lose weight with the help of fireweed can be quite easily, without risk to health. There are several methods of losing weight with this product, and you should choose the one that suits you best.
Cyprus contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Its regular use allows not only to get rid of extra pounds, but also to normalize the metabolism, which is not always possible to expect during a diet for weight loss.
Cyprus is also useful in that it improves blood composition, metabolism, cleanses the liver, kidneys, is very useful for young mothers who are forced to gain excess weight during pregnancy.
Usually, as a means for losing weight, use tea from this plant. To make slimming tea, you must follow certain rules:
- tea from dried leaves should be prepared so as to preserve the beneficial properties of the plant,
- leaves of fireweed should be thoroughly washed and dried. Then they are put into the pan and covered with wet gauze. Here they will be under the yoke for 10-12 hours,
Cyprus can be bought in a pharmacy or a store, but tea, prepared by yourself, will contain much more nutrients for your body.
Benefits for the human body
Acceptance of tea and broth from Kipriya has a beneficial effect on the health of the blood, strengthens the body resistance, improves the process of assimilation of food. Vegetable mucus, vitamin C, tannins have anti-inflammatory and enveloping effect. And these are very useful properties for stomach ulcers, colitis, gastritis, diarrhea, enterocolitis, anemia.
It is not only brewed, but also made of phytoapplication from leaves, powdered with dry grass powder, steam baths are performed before a cosmetic massage for women. There are practically no contraindications for use. Greens and roots are eaten boiled, they can also be added to ready-made dishes.
Ivan tea for men
Tea from fireweed is effective in treating diseases of the male genitalia, and especially in prostate adenoma. Phytosterols, beta-sitosterol in the composition of herbs slow down, and in some cases, stop the pathological changes in the prostate. Ivan-tea, you can just drink, or take tablets based on plant extract. Due to the strong anti-inflammatory effect of matter, the iron stops growing.
In particular, beta-sitosterol prevents the development of tissue hyperplasia, the transformation of healthy cells into malignant, reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood, and also promotes good metabolism.
Ivan-tea helps in case of cystitis, during the postoperative period after surgery. In combination with drugs for pathologies of the prostate gland in men, doctors recommend drinking copor tea and eating pumpkin seeds.
Also with the benefits for the body, you can use herbs. The therapeutic effect of them will only increase. For example, you can try this collection:
- 10 pieces of willow-root and licorice (licorice),
- 3 pieces of echinacea root,
- 2 pieces of lemongrass leaf.
The billet must be dried and crushed. At 400 ml, you must take 4 grams of collection and cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Broth need to insist 30 minutes and drain thoroughly. Drink it 3 times a day with 100 ml.
Cyprus can increase milk lactation, have a choleretic, diuretic, laxative effect, normalize the endocrine system.
Ivan-tea will help get rid of migraines, insomnia, colds, will have a sedative effect and normalizes metabolism. No wonder they once said that it not only cures the body, but also enlightens the mind, raises the spirit.
How to harvest and brew?
Kiprey is narrow-leaved belongs to the family of females. This perennial herb with dark green leaves and purple-pink flowers can reach a height of 60-120 cm. Popularly, tea from it is called boiled tea, willow tea, slumber, drowsy, queen-root, fur, crying, skrypnik. The flowering time falls on June-July. Meals throughout the territory of the Russian Federation, except for the desert zone. For the preparation of tea using leaves, flowers, collect them in July-September.
Drying blanks can be in two ways:
- flowers and leaves are dried during the day, rolled by the palms until juice appears, kept under wet cloth for 6-10 hours and dried in an oven for 100 minutes at 100 °. Tea must be kept in a glass container and not more than 24 months.
- you need to collect unblown flowers (you can brush with several leaves), spread on a cloth with a layer of 5 cm and twist the roll, squeezing the juice. It is left in a room with air temperature not higher than 25 ° for 8-10 hours. Then the material is dried (ideally in a Russian oven) at 100 °.
Procurement of tea must be done in such a way as to ensure the process of internal fermentation and extraction of juice. Brew a drink with the calculation of 1 tsp. 200 ml of boiling water. It is advisable not to sweeten ivan tea, so as not to spoil the natural taste of the drink. For aroma, you can add a pinch of meadowsweet flowers, oregano.
Interestingly, the aroma and healing properties of the drink save 3 days. But the Chinese believe that green, black tea in 20 minutes becomes poisonous. And this has been proven scientifically: after some time, the process of extraction of caffeine, polyphenolic substances that block the synthesis of vitamins and beneficial enzymes begins.
The benefits of willow tea are difficult to overestimate, it has a beneficial effect on all body systems and increases its defenses.
Useful properties of Ivan tea for men
Also, this plant is very useful for the male body. It is prescribed in the treatment of diseases such as prostatitis and prostate adenoma. It is able to maintain the normal performance of the prostate gland, and therefore significantly increases the potency and helps to improve erection. As a result, men, even in old age, remain capable not only of sexual relations, but also of conception.
Benefits for women
As for women, according to studies, willow tea is recognized as one of the best traditional methods of treating such purely female diseases as cystitis, thrush and other diseases of the urinary organs.
Botanical description of narrow-leaved fireweed
This perennial plant, which, despite its height, belongs to herbs, has two scientific names: Ivan tea narrow-leaved and Kiprey narrow-leaved (Chamenerium angustifolium L.) The height of its straight and rather thick stem sometimes reaches 200 cm. At the bottom there are narrow long leaves of light green color, and on top there is a whole brush of lilac flowers with long stamens.
You can see it in any region of the Northern Hemisphere at the edges of forests, in places with dry sandy soil and even near railway embankments. By the way, it was Ivan-tea that first appears in the forests in which there was a fire. True, as the shrubs and trees grow, it gradually disappears. The main topic of this article: useful properties of fireweed (Ivan-tea), its contraindications, how to collect, dry and brew, how to take in the treatment of ailments, you will also get feedback from people who have experienced the healing properties of Ivan-tea and many other useful information about this wonderful Russian plant.
How and when to collect Ivan-tea
Long since there are specific rules followed by all collectors of this useful herb. Its bloom lasts from late June to early autumn. July is considered the best collection period., that is, the moment when the flower brush blooms about half. Already in August, instead of the faded lower flowers, fruits appear that look like beans, inside which contain a substance resembling fluff. At this time, Ivan-tea can no longer be collected, since this down can then get into the broth.
It is better to go for grass in dry weather, avoiding plants with damaged leaves and flowers, as this means that they are prone to some kind of disease. All stems should be clean, not dusty, so it is best to move away from the carriageways and industrial plants. Since the root is usually not used in the manufacture of beverages, it is best to cut the plant with shears in the middle or closer to the ground.
Some experts are beginning to cut the tops of very young shoots of willow-tea already in May, in order to prepare unusually tasty tea from them, contributing to the restoration of the body's physical strength.
How to brew Ivan-tea
Dried leaves can be brewed on their own or in combination with other herbs. For example, with leaves of strawberries, currants, mint, melissa, wild rose berries. It is important that the leaves are not just dried, but undergo a stage of fermentation. Now consider some secrets of brewing tea. We take a ceramic or glass teapot, rinse it lightly with boiling water. Put 2-3 spoons of dried willow-tea and pour boiling water, about 0.5 liters. But we do not use all the boiling water, and we fill the grass with a third of the teapot, wait for 5 minutes, and add the remaining hot water. It is necessary to insist no more than 10 minutes, after which you can drink.
If you feel that the tea is too strong, then the proportion can be reduced: 0.5 liters of boiling water, take 1-2 tablespoons of dried leaves. Remarkably, boiling water can be added to the teapot five more times, and the drink will also be useful. Brewed tea can be stored for up to three days, while it does not lose its taste, aroma and does not sour. In hot summer weather you can drink chilled brewed tea. Sugar is not recommended to put, as in all herbal teas. The best addition to it will be honey, halva, raisins, dried apricots, that is, natural carriers of glucose. During tea brewing, you can combine leaves and flowers, for example, 1 spoonful of leaves + 1 spoonful of flowers.
Interesting facts about Cyprus
We considered the scope of application of the herb of narrow-leaved fireweed and contraindications to its use. Finally, some interesting facts:
- In Russia, there was a famous doctor - Peter Badmaev, who was engaged in a detailed study of the properties of willow tea. He drank broths and tinctures of this plant, lived to 110 years and 10 years before his death, once again became the father.
- During the reign of Peter I, Ivan tea ranked second in exports to Europe.
- Tea from fireweed can be a panacea for 90% of all existing diseases on the planet.
- In Russia, Ivan-Chai was called the “elixir of life” because it contains 2/3 of the elements of the periodic table.
Во времена Второй мировой войны Гитлер лично отдал приказание уничтожить экспериментальную лабораторию по изучению кипрея возле поселка Копорье. Именно там сушили и фасовали львиную долю чая для солдат Советской Армии.
Отзывы о полезных и лечебных свойствах иван-чая
Негативных отзывов о лекарственных средствах, в состав которых входит кипрей, найти практически невозможно. Both professional doctors and ordinary people who have experienced the healing properties of this plant, do not get tired to list all its useful properties and recommend using it to treat a huge number of various diseases. And both as an auxiliary and main drug.
Thus, due to the increased content of numerous beneficial micro and macro elements, vitamins and other components of the inflorescences, narrow-leaved can be considered one of the most useful plants, which has a beneficial effect on the entire human body as a whole. Here and stimulation of metabolic processes, and treatment of the digestive, nervous, circulatory, urogenital, endocrine and other systems, and the fight against many ailments, starting with the common cold and ending with oncology. Thanks to these wonderful properties and the almost complete absence of contraindications, willow tea drinks are shown to both children and adults. That is why it is recommended to use not only traditional healers, but also professional doctors.