Dreamed variegated - one of the brightest ground cover plants. It belongs to perennial herbaceous plants from the Umbrella family. Unlike slity ordinary - malicious weed often found in gardens and gardens, is very popular in landscape design as a decorative culture.
It has very beautiful trifoliate leaves with a fine serrate margin. They are on strong long petioles, with slight pubescence on the underside of the leaf plate. Their variegated color, a combination of white and green tones, gives the plant a special charm.
It has a well-branched root system in the form of a long creeping rhizome. It grows quickly due to the emergence of a variety of root shoots.
It blooms in June with umbrella inflorescences located on a high (50-100 cm), floor inside, branched flowering shoots. Inflorescences consist of many white small flowers. Its flowering lasts for 2-3 weeks. Subsequently, seeds are formed that do not retain the distinctive features of the parent plant. Therefore, peduncles, as a rule, are cut to maturity.
Growing conditions and reproduction
It is frost-resistant, unpretentious and durable culture.
By nature, it is light-requiring, however, and shade-tolerant. It is placed both in sunny areas and in more shady places. In a dense shade it also grows, but does not bloom, but this does not particularly affect its decorative effect.
Prefers fertile soil, forming a dense thick carpet on it. However, the more lean also grows well. Some even plant it in the sun all day, a rocky site, and it develops beautifully there.
He likes moderately moist soil, on which he forms a thick cover with a height of 20-50cm. For this reason, it is watered periodically. With a lack of moisture, its leaves become shallow, becoming less bright in color. In dry hot weather without watering, its above-ground part gradually dies off. On a sunny open area, it can even completely dry out. But with the resumption of watering is quickly restored due to the emergence of new root shoots.
Weeds through its dense cover grow very rarely.
Propagated by its spring or autumn segments of rhizome. They are separated from the adult plant and transplanted to a new place. They quickly and easily take root. At the same time do not forget about its aggressive properties. In order to avoid its sprawl over the site, they limit the landing site in advance. To do this, drop in iron or slate along its contour, or plant it in a container with drainage holes.
Its seeds are not used for reproduction because they do not retain the variegated color of the leaves. Seedlings of them grow with ordinary green leaves, which significantly impair its decorative appearance. For this reason, many growers simply do not allow it to bloom, thus getting rid of unnecessary trouble.
They are planted in tree trunks, along green shrubs, near high flowering perennials, protecting their roots from overheating. It grows well along the curbs and paths, as well as on steep slopes, where many other plants die very quickly.
It is not recommended to place in the flower garden with a large assortment of plants. It looks best in a single landing, for example, against a green lawn, or on a rocky hill. Some plant it next to other similar ground cover plants. For example, it goes well with violet zhivuchku. It takes into account the fact that it has the ability to displace less hardy plants.
It is an excellent honey plant, therefore in the period of flowering bees constantly buzz over it.
External features of the plant
- branched stems are hollow inside,
- numerous roots, extending from the main root, reach half a meter in length, so that the grass spreads quickly over a piece of land,
- flowers consist of five white petals, gathered in bisexual inflorescences,
- fruits are oblong and flattened on the sides, double-seeded,
- vegetative reproduction, while there are ways of planting seeds,
- fresh shoots have three branches with three white-green leaves on each.
The similar form of a plant blossoms with white inflorescences in the form of umbrellas from small florets. The inflorescences are pruned to prevent seed ripening. The variegated form is a hybrid, and from ripe seeds, taking into account the laws of inheritance of characters, it will grow easy to sleep. Sometimes yellow markings in the form of stripes on the leaves give special beauty. The shape of the leaves resembles the hoof of a goat, which was taken into account in the first classification of plants.
Planting, storage and use snyti variegated
The most convenient way to carry out landing pieces of rhizome. To do this, it is only necessary to divide the root into several parts. They put him to sleep in cool weather, in early autumn. Before this, the earth is prepared: they dig it up and free it from weeds, fertilize it with humus or compost. It is important not to replant snyat during its growth, especially in hot summer, because the leaves fade quickly enough, turn yellow and curl.
Snyat grows fast enough, resistant to cold climates, but long frosts threaten the root. Dry soil and open areas interfere with the growth of sany. Pyrei easily displaces this grass, and on wet terrain, hemlock is dangerous for it. For variegated grass, it is important to choose a place where it does not harm fragile flowers and trees. The plant is a quality natural food for livestock, and bees can collect kilograms of honey from this herb.
Collecting and storing herbsIt is important to produce correctly in order to preserve its healing qualities. It is necessary to collect the above-ground parts slyti during flowering. Dry the plant in the air, although you can use special dryers. The roots can be collected after the flowering of the plant and dried in the shade. The leaves are stored in paper bags, and the roots - in wooden boxes. In this case, medicinal properties are stored no longer than a year. It is important that folk remedies do not apply during pregnancy and lactation, as well as in the event of allergic reactions.
Why slyt always considered a weed? It cannot be eaten because the stems and roots contain too little protein. You can only add leaves to salads or green soups, use as seasoning. In the seeds of proteins more, but the bitterness of the fruit due to the high content of flavonoids unpleasant taste. Even flowers can ripen at completely different times. On the basis of drowsiness, medicinal broths and infusions are prepared according to popular recipes. The composition of the plant is as close as possible to the content of human blood plasma, due to which its properties are so beneficial and overdose impossible.
The useful substances which are contained in variegated
- beta-carotene, choline and ascorbic acid, used in spring vitamin deficiency,
- malic and citric acid, necessary to speed up the metabolism,
- resins and bioflavonoids - herbal ingredients that improve digestion and immunity,
- essential oils, restoring physical and emotional state,
- trace elements:
- salts of iron and copper for proper functioning of the liver and improve the oxygen transfer by blood,
- compounds of calcium, titanium and boron to strengthen bones and teeth
- manganese and cobalt to speed up the metabolism and health of the immune system.
Decorative plant care
Landscape design is a popular area for using a variegated look as an ornamental plant. Sneak does not require special care, unpretentious and not too sensitive to climate change. It is necessary to water the grass systematically to avoid wilting. Snyt is interesting to combine with Rogers and Delphinium, especially hedge, formed by thujas. The plant is planted in the shade and near the fences, make out the bushes and trees in the garden. At the same time it is necessary to take into account the aggressive qualities of the grass.
Sprawl sprawl can be controlled using the bed limiter. For this purpose, a bucket will be suitable if you remove its bottom or make holes, or old iron sheets, dug into the ground to a depth of twenty centimeters. Flower-bearing parts are torn off so that the seeds do not colonize adjacent areas when ripe. Mow the grass, but not too often, to prevent the weakening of the shoots of the plant. This is all that is needed for quality care for variegated dreams.
Using Slyti in cooking and traditional medicine
For cooking use fresh and dried leaves.. Crushed leaves give the original flavor to meat and soups. Stems and leaves can also be fried and stewed, added to the marinade. In the salad it is good to use this herb along with the eggs, creating an unusual taste of the dish. The same guide, adding chopped leaves and stems in the filling for pies with egg and rice. Sneak is the best natural spice for chicken soup.
Filtered infusion has antifungal effect, is used in many skin diseases. Infusion of alcohol for the treatment of diseases associated with digestion, should be taken about a month. Strained alcohol tincture, which is also added sabelnik, rubbed sore joints. If you use snyti juice, you can easily remove slags and toxins from the body, but it is important not to overdo it, as there is a risk of heartburn.
Useful properties undeniable due to its rich chemical composition. The plant is used in many areas: design and decoration, cooking and medicine. Planting and growing this grass is easy enough, the main thing is to properly collect and store. The unpretentious plant decorates garden sites and does not demand difficult leaving.
Duster variegated is a plant of the perennial grasses of the umbrella family. It is different:
- small height
- high life expectancy - about 50 years,
- frost resistance.
Sneak is considered weed grass, but next to many shrubs, it is able to feed the plants. The fact is that the plant covers the territory with a dense layer, not allowing moisture to evaporate. That is why it is actively used in the design of gardens as an active ground cover.
The most attractive part of the culture is its foliage. It has an unusual pistachio-green color; a white border surrounds the plate.
During the flowering period, the plant is covered with small flowers, gathered in umbrella inflorescences. Flowering begins in June, lasts for a month. Inflorescences are formed only if there is no thick shadow. After snyat decorative faded, small flattened fruits with two seeds inside are formed.
Reproduction by dividing the roots
The division of the roots of a variegated decorative snyi is performed in spring or early autumn. For this, a piece of roots is removed with a shovel, the finished part is planted on a new plot.
The plant takes root quickly and easily, and to avoid excessive growth, planting limit limit. To do this, along the contour, slate or iron is instilled into the ground.
The variegated prefers to see well-lit areas, although it can easily grow in shady places.
The soil must be fertile. Before planting off the territory, they prepare it:
- they dig up the earth,
- remove weeds,
- make feeding using compost, manure, humus.
On a slightly depleted soil, the grass also grows well. You can even meet her on rocky areas, located under the direct rays of the sun.
Planting plants engaged in the spring or at the onset of autumn. First, a shallow hole is dug at the site, the diameter of which is determined taking into account the installation of root growth stops. You can install a one-piece tank, the bottom of which has several drainage holes.
In the pit place a piece of rhizome. It is slightly deepened, covered with earth, compacting it in order to avoid the appearance of air cavities. You can plant and ready seedling, it is sold:
- in the nursery,
- in a specialty store.
The plant quickly takes root and germinates, actively increasing the green mass.
Care of a plant in an open ground
Culture does not require special care. The main thing is to create comfortable conditions for active growth and flowering.
It is important that the earth is well hydrated, it needs to be watered regularly. If moisture is not enough, then:
- foliage shreds, becomes less bright,
- gradually begin to die off the ground part of the plant.
She, however, will quickly recover if she starts to rehydrate the soil. This is due to the update of the root system.
For irrigation using water at room temperature. You can additionally spray the plant, this will maintain the desired level of humidity.
It is recommended to water the grass in the evening. This will prevent burns that may appear on the foliage due to direct sunlight.
If the soil at the site of planting is scarce, then fertilizer should be applied at the beginning of the summer season. To do this, use:
- mineral mixtures (especially with a high percentage of nitrogen in the composition),
- organic fertilizers.
This will preserve the decorative appeal of perennial grass.
Duster variegated needs periodic sanitary pruning, during which remove:
It is necessary to remove flower stalks, this will avoid the rebirth of culture. Also regularly need to update the green growth, mowing plantations under the root.
Diseases and pests
Most often the variegated dream is attacked by such pests as:
They discover themselves when the foliage of the grass begins to curl. To get rid of this problem, use a number of insecticides.
In case of development of powdery mildew or anthracnose, leaves become covered with spots. You can get rid of these diseases with the help of fungicides.
Height and stems
Variyegata is also unpretentious in growth, as is its usual appearance and is a variegated bright groundcover. Many gardeners use it for decorative purposes, especially it is good where you need to lighten the dark part of the yard or decorate the garden. Even with the most minimal care, it always gives a dense textured green carpet. In nature, sleep is most often found in damp forests, in parks or in park areas. With increased moisture, its thickets can be very thick, with which many gardeners are struggling. That is why this beautiful plant is ranked among the annoying useless weeds. So, consider what this plant looks like in the photo.
Duster variegated belongs to the Umbrella family, therefore it has rather high single stalks that come out from the root rosette of leaves. Such features allow it to grow on almost the entire territory of our country, except for the Far North. Thanks to its sturdy and tall stem, the plant can reach the necessary sun rays even along shady roads.
This grassy species in height reaches one meter. The stem itself is branching and has small grooves, most often naked or slightly pubescent. Basal leaves begin to grow approximately 20 centimeters from the ground.
Slyt variegated already in the title itself has its main characteristic - bright motley leaves. Thanks to them, the plant creeps on the ground, creating a beautiful fluffy carpet. The leaves themselves in this species are oblong ovate with a serrate edge. The width reaches about 5 centimeters, and in length they can even reach 10-12 centimeters, as in the photo.
If we look at the leaves from above, we see that they are rather strongly dissected, twice and triply pinnately dissected. At the bottom they have a small fluff. The leaves, which are located closer to the stem, are on short petioles, which makes it look as though the stem is embedded in leaflets. The lower tiers look massive and have already long stalks. In addition, the leaves at the top of the plant are small and much less dissected than those closer to the ground. Like many other representatives of the Umbrella, the leaves near the edge are sharp, serrated, elongated.
Dreams in bloom in the midst of summer - in late June - early July, so, like any other flowering plant, it has flowers. They look very small, neat, pretty white. All are collected in a complex inflorescence in the form of an umbrella. Such flowering plants decorate courtyards and household plots.
So, the blooming umbrella consists of about 20-30 rays, on each of which at least 20 flowers grow. If you count, then in one such umbrella can be up to 500 white flowers, and on one stalk - up to several thousand. At the same time the plant looks very beautiful. Since all the umbrellas bloom at the same time, it seems that a white cloud hovers above the lawn.
By itself, a variegated slyt is a very useful plant, there are a lot of nectar on its flowers, so its distribution points are always full of bees and other pollinators. And some scientists say that such a single copy is the dream of an entomologist, where he will find a lot of interesting things. Уже в конце июля и в первых числах августа на зонтиках цветки превращаются в семена. Вообще это очень быстрорастущее растение с достаточно большим сроком жизни – примерно 50 лет. Только представьте, сколько за это время одна особь может произвести цветков, а потом семян! Вот почему она такая распространенная в нашей стране.We also offer to see what a variegated dream looks like on the video.
And a little about the secrets.
The story of one of our readers Irina Volodina:
My eyes were especially frustrating, surrounded by large wrinkles plus dark circles and swelling. How to remove wrinkles and bags under the eyes completely? How to cope with swelling and redness? But nothing is so old or young man as his eyes.
But how to rejuvenate them? Plastic surgery? I found out - no less than 5 thousand dollars. Hardware procedures - photorejuvenation, gas-liquid pilling, radio lifting, laser facelift? Slightly more accessible - the course costs 1.5-2 thousand dollars. And when to find all this time? Yes, and still expensive. Especially now. Therefore, for myself, I chose another way.
Composition and useful properties
What is useful to dream, everyone should know, because it must be included in the diet and add to various dishes. On the basis of this plant, various decoctions and infusions are prepared that have healing properties.
All that grass is useful to snyt, due to the rich chemical composition. It contains many substances that are necessary for the human body. A unique feature of Slyti is that its chemical composition is most similar to that of human blood. That is why it must be included in the diet. In addition, you can not worry about an overdose, as it is simply impossible.
Young leaves have a high amount of ascorbic acid. If you eat it in spring, it will save you from avitaminosis. The composition includes the following substances:
- lemon acid,
- Apple acid,
- mineral salts (especially salts of potassium, copper, iron, calcium, manganese, cobalt, titanium, boron),
- essential oils,
In addition, the foliage has a small amount of proteins and carbohydrates.
It is necessary to eat dreams, the useful properties of which will help in the treatment and prevention of various ailments. This herb has a large spectrum of action. Sony is able to eliminate inflammatory processes. It has analgesic properties. Funds based on it accelerate the process of tissue regeneration, so that any wounds will heal faster. Thanks to the beneficial substances in the composition of sleep, it strengthens the entire body, and has a beneficial effect on the immune system. She also has sedative properties. Sony is used in the treatment of fungal diseases. The herb has a cytotoxic, choleretic, diuretic and emollient action. Drugs remove toxins from the body. Sony is used in the treatment of arthritis, arthrosis, gout, rheumatism. Helps to improve the functioning of the gallbladder and kidneys. Removes erysipelas and exudative type diathesis.
But in order to dream it has retained all the useful properties, it is necessary to properly collect and store this herb. It is best to collect it during flowering. Above-ground parts of the plant will be useful for the treatment. You need to dry them in the open air, you can use dryers. Roots need to be collected after the plant has faded. Need to dry in the shade. It is necessary to store roots in wooden containers, and foliage - in paper bags. Useful properties are stored no more than a year.
But not always dreaming will be useful. It is necessary to take into account contraindications. The use of decoctions and infusions based on it is prohibited for women during pregnancy and lactation. In addition, a contraindication is the individual intolerance of the whole product or its individual components. In this case, there may even be allergies.
Use in cooking
In cooking, snyt is used in the preparation of various dishes - not only salads, but also hot soups. The foliage is used both in fresh and in dried form. For example, dry shredded leaves - this is an original and fragrant seasoning. Usually, petioles and leaves are used as food. They contain protein easily digestible type. The leaves can be stewed, fried, pickled. The same applies to the petioles. You can also add them to different dishes, but before that you need to blanch a couple of minutes. Snyt goes well with eggs. Here are some interesting recipes with this herb:
- 1 Simple salad. It is necessary to wash and chop the stems and leaves of the plant. Then boil the eggs and grind them with a grater or a regular fork. After that, mix with the grass. Add a little salt and mayonnaise.
- 2 Complex salad. To prepare it, you need 100 g of leaves. They must be thoroughly washed and crushed. Then add the finely chopped dill, parsley and onion. To mix everything. After that, add chopped boiled eggs and sour cream. This salad is very useful in the spring, as it will help get rid of vitamin deficiency.
- 3 Soup. For its preparation you will need 9 chicken necks for 4 liters of water. Then in the broth you need to cut the potatoes, carrots. When the soup is ready, add finely chopped leaves and remove nettle (use only young leaves). Before use, you can add sour cream.
- 4 Caviar. It is necessary to wash and chop 500 g of leaves and stems. Cover with a couple of tablespoons of salt and carefully tamp in a glass container. Put in the fridge and wait for the juice to stand out. Then use this mass as a seasoning for meat dishes and soups.
- 5 Stuffing for pies. With dreams you can make cakes. It turns out unusual, but very tasty, and most importantly - useful. 1 kg of leaves and stems pour boiling water and wait until they become softer. After that, grind. Add 3 boiled eggs and a glass of rice. Allowed to add a little salt. The result is a great filling for the pies.
- 6 Casserole. It is necessary to wash, chop and boil the leaves and stems. Add vegetable oil. If desired, it is allowed to replace the cream. After that, put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with breadcrumbs on top. After that, bake in the oven.
- 7 Stew with dreams. First, put a few pieces of meat in flour and fry for a short time with chopped onion. Then pour hot water and simmer for at least an hour. Chop the herb and add to the meat. Stew another hour. 10 minutes before it is ready, add spices, salt and sorrel.
Use in traditional medicine
Sony is a healing plant that helps to heal and prevent various diseases. Not only delicious salads are prepared from it, but also healthy infusions, decoctions. And they are designed not only for indoor but also for outdoor use. Here are the famous recipes:
- 1 Universal infusion. It will take 2 large spoons of crushed leaves and stems to a cup of boiling water. Process all on the steam bath for 20 minutes. After that, wait another hour until the facility is infused. Filter before use. Then topped up with boiled water, that the volume of the solution was 200 ml. Divide the resulting liquid into 3 parts and take during the day. This remedy relieves the fungus on the skin, rheumatism, diseases of the urinary system, gout, skin ailments, beriberi.
- 2 Tincture against diseases of the digestive tract. Need grass roots and vodka. Roots need to be washed and chopped using a meat grinder. Then pour it into a 1-liter glass jar. Fill it only by a third. After that, pour all the vodka and cover with a lid. Put the container in a dark place for a couple of weeks. After that, take the medicine 30 drops three times a day, half an hour before the meal. Therapy lasts a month.
- 3 Tincture against joint diseases. It will take 0.5 liters of vodka, 5 spoons of herbal collection of sabelnika and Slyti. Only dried leaves are used, which must first be crushed. And sabelnik, and snyt take in equal amounts. Glass jars with such a composition should be put in a dark place for 3 weeks. Then strain through cheesecloth. It is supposed to use it like this: you need to mix 1 tablespoon of tincture with 50 ml of water. Take the medicine three times a day, 20 minutes before meals. Still pure alcohol tincture is useful to rub the place in the area of diseased joints.
- 4 Juice off. You must choose the young shoots and grind them with a meat grinder. After that, squeeze the juice. Take it half an hour before meals three times a day. On the first day, the dosage is 1 spoon, then every day you need to increase the dosage by another 1 spoon. On the third day, the dose should be 50 ml. Then do not change it. Therapy lasts 10 days, after which you need a break for 5 days. After that, repeat the course. Sometimes people get heartburn because of the grass juice. You can get rid of it by drinking a small amount of water in which the baking soda is dissolved. Sleep juice helps to clean the intestines. It is also used in various diseases of the stomach, urinary system, and lungs. The tool removes toxins from the body, eliminates dizziness and headaches. Juice can be applied externally as applications and lotions. Then he helps with diseases of the joints, rheumatism, gout, myalgia. Another juice accelerates the healing of minor wounds.
- 5 Baths.
It is best to take baths with this medicinal herb before going to bed. Need 40 g of the roots to wash and chop, pour 1 liter of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes and wait another half hour for the medium to infuse, then filter and add to the bath. The fluid temperature in the end should be no more than 37 ° C.