This article will discuss the relict tree that came to us from the Mesozoic era. This is a unique plant that has reached our time, its relatives are already considered long-lost. The ginkgo tree, whose photo is in front of you, is considered to be a contemporary of dinosaurs.Representatives of traditional medicine in Japan and China have composed legends about this plant, and it is not surprising that modern medicine and folk healers have so far admired its abilities to heal a person.
Ginkgo (tree): description
Ginkgo is a tree up to 20-35 m high. Sometimes you can find some specimens that reach 50 meters. Biloba has a well-developed root system, it is not dangerous for soil erosion.
Ginkgo tree, a photo of this beautiful plant you can see right in the article, elongated and slender, having a crown shaped like a pyramid, with bare long branches.
This kind of young plants. Over the years, the crown begins to grow strongly, while the peak is dulled. The leaves of the tree Ginkgo biloba petiolate, bluish-green, fan-shaped. The tree belongs to the mysterious plants. Among them are males and females, it is bisexual.It is very interesting to see what leaves the ginkgo tree has in the autumn. With their beautiful golden color, they make the plant in the fall especially beautiful. The youth of Japan, worshiping divine trees, collect foliage, then guess by it.
Ginkgo biloba leaves
Ginkgo leaves are recognized and valued in many countries of the world for their unique healing properties. They are used in the manufacture of valuable medicines, as well as traditional medicines. Healers at home prepare alcohol and water infusions, herbal tea, which for people cost much less than various imported drugs.Among medicinal plants, ginkgo leaves are in the forefront, first mentioned about them more than 5,000 years ago by Chinese healers.
Preparation of raw materials
Ginkgo biloba leaves are harvested throughout the growing season, but the most healing is yellow autumn foliage. Collect lead by machine or manually. To get dried raw materials, dryers-drums are used, at home - an oven. During drying, the color of the foliage remains green or yellow, depending on what time it was harvested.
Ginkgo - a plant that prolongs youth
Many people, in order to prolong the work of the brain, resort to therapeutic means based on the ginkgo biloba tree. Eastern traditional medicine used them to prolong youth with excellent health many years ago.
Ginkgo - a tree of youth, he got the name for the unusual powerful properties that can influence the aging process of the human body. This is one of the best means by which you can stop the aging of the organism as a whole. It improves blood circulation and mental capacity, which is especially noticeable for people over the age of 40 years.
Healing properties of ginkgo biloba
Scientists began to study the unique healing properties of the tree of ginkgo biloba in the sixties of the twentieth century. They began to collect data on its healing power bit by bit, and also to conduct research on how this plant acts on the entire human body.
A wonderful ginkgo is a tree containing a number of substances that have no analogues in the whole world. The whole point is that these elements exclude allergies in people undergoing treatment with preparations based on ginkgo biloba. This is a very strong antioxidant. Its action is more powerful than vitamin E many times.
The healing properties of ginkgo are as follows:
- It improves blood circulation in the veins, arteries, capillaries, as a result of which the oxygen supply of all organs and tissues of a living organism is improved and brain and memory activity is restored.
- Does not allow bonding of platelets and the formation of blood clots.
- Helps relieve asthma attacks. Effective in the treatment of impotence, insomnia and depression.
- An indispensable tool in the treatment of diabetes.
- It has the ability to restrain the growth of metastases in cancer.
Ginkgo biloba tree: application in traditional medicine
Ginkgo biloba was considered an energetic tonic by folk healers and recommended for people with blood supply problems to improve brain and heart function. It was and is currently a folk remedy for diabetes, vascular dystonia and multiple sclerosis, use it to reduce hearing and poor eyesight. Ginkgo seeds are a wonderful anthelmintic and also work well in peptic ulcer disease.
Drugs, which includes ginkgo biloba, are considered to be the most common among the population of European countries, including in Russia. In addition to the products sold in pharmacies, you can prepare the drugs yourself at home, using the recipes of traditional healers.
Ginkgo Biloba Recipes
At home, the medicine is prepared from ginkgo leaves in two ways: tincture and tincture of vodka or alcohol.
In order to make an infusion, you will need dried ginkgo biloba leaves. Take one tablespoon of crushed raw materials, pour it 0.25 l. boiling water, then infuse an hour and strain. Ready infusion during treatment should drink 100 ml. three times shortly before meals. The course of treatment will depend on how effectively it passes. Usually such a potion is recommended to drink for two months.
In case of serious violations of cerebral activity, as well as in case of impaired blood circulation of the brain, vodka or alcoholic tincture of dried ginkgo leaves is used as a therapeutic agent. Prepare it easy. Need to take 0.7 liters. strong vodka or alcohol and pour 50 g of crushed leaves. After that, close the container and put it in a dark place for two weeks, shaking it periodically so that all the beneficial properties of the leaves can go into vodka. After 14 days, the tool must be filtered.
Take no more than twenty drops (one teaspoon) at a time, before that you should definitely dilute a little with water. Drink medicine three times daily before meals. The course of treatment is thirty days. After a two-week break, if necessary, the intake of the tincture is allowed to be repeated. For very serious cases of health problems, the course can be extended up to three months.
In the treatment of tuberculosis and the respiratory organs in herbalists, ginkgo biloba is in the first place. The tree, the use of which for medicinal purposes is so wide, can truly be called a miracle of nature. Tuberculosis is treated with a decoction of the dry leaves of the plant. A tablespoon without the top of the raw material is poured into a thermos of 300 g. Boiling water and infused for two hours. For medicinal purposes, take a decoction of 0.5 cups 30 minutes before meals three times during the day. Drink broth thirty - sixty days in a row. After the expiration of the first month of taking such a remedy, the result of this treatment will already be visible. Traditional healers for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels use medical mixture, which includes ginkgo. The tree of this species and here proved to be from a very good side. To prevent myocardial infarction, the recipe of “Ginkgo-honey” is widely distributed, which is prepared at home as follows. Ingredients: 0.5 kg. fresh leaves of ginkgo, 0.5 liter jar of high-quality honey. Crushed leaves are mixed with honey. The mixture is stored in the refrigerator. Take a teaspoon a couple of times a day.
A unique remedy for motion sickness in transport
What a ginkgo biloba tree looks like in the eyes of ordinary people is understandable: it is beautiful and unusual. But traditional healers look at him as a wonderful natural medicine. Its effective use for motion sickness in transport. Leaves and in this case take to prepare a unique tool. To cook it, you will need:
- 5 g of crushed leaves,
- 20 g of rhizomes of nettle,
- 10 g of ginger root,
- 20 g of licorice root,
- 30 grams of rosehips,
- 10 g lemon balm herb
- 5 g of angelica roots,
- 10 g clover,
- 10 g peppermint and eleutherococcus,
- 10 g cumin seeds.
Mix the pre-ground ingredients gently, then pour the collection with one liter of water, bring to a boil and cook for about three minutes. After that, let the broth brew for ten minutes. Strain. It is recommended to take 0.5 glass of potion for three weeks in a row. After a seven-day break, treatment can be repeated.
Very rarely, there are side effects from taking ginkgo-based drugs. The tree and its foliage do not pose a danger to humans, as it is non-toxic.
But the use of drugs, which include ginkgo biloba, is not possible in all cases. This should include intolerance of this plant, which leads to strong allergic reactions. Do not allow the reception of such therapeutic agents for pregnant and lactating women, as well as children who have not yet turned 16 years old. It is strictly forbidden to use drugs based on ginkgo for people diagnosed with epilepsy.
Before starting treatment with ginkgo biloba preparations, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The homeland of the plant is considered to be Southeast China, Dian Mu Shan Mountains, where it grows in mountain forests along with coniferous and broad-leaved species. But nowadays ginkgo is widely used in gardening. As a medicinal and ornamental plant cultivated in many countries.
Around 1730, Ginkgo biloba was introduced to Western Europe, to the Botanical Garden of Milan, and after about 50 years to North America. Since that time, the plant has become widely cultivated and at the moment in these areas is even an ordinary ornamental plant, although it was brought to Europe and America as a botanical one.
In the Crimea, in the Nikitsky Botanical Garden, ginkgo was grown in 1818. The Batumi Botanical Garden even has its rarities, so in 1968 one of the 78 years old ginkgo trees reached 25 m in height and 65 cm in diameter. The tree felt great, fruited and spread by self-sowing.
Ginkgo biloba is well accustomed, undemanding to the soil, easily propagated by seeds and cuttings. On the territory of the CIS countries can give rise to the latitude of Kiev. There are plants in Moscow (VVC). However, it must be remembered that in the regions north of Krasnodar, young plants below 1.5 m require shelter for the winter. In the future, their crust becomes thicker, and their frost resistance increases substantially. It is safe to plant more adults, 2--3-meter specimens, that is, it is better to grow large-sized seedlings in southern Russia and planted in the spring in other regions. Planting of large-sized seedlings is permissible even in the Kaliningrad region.
In the south of Central Asia, ginkgo grows only under the condition of irrigation.
Growing on the plot
High-resistance zone 5A and drought-resistant (excellent), has no pests and diseases (excellent). Requirements for soil and humidity are low,
Ginkgo is a light-loving and heat-loving plant. Relatively not demanding on the soil, but prefers fertile and medium in texture and well-drained soil. When sawing gives rise to stump. It tolerates smoke and gas pollution of the atmosphere when grown in a city. Fresh seeds germinate best when harvested immediately after harvest. During annual storage, seed germination is markedly reduced. In addition, seed germination depends on pollination conditions. The seeds formed without pollination do not have an embryo and, accordingly, are not germinated. Externally, non-fruitful, open seeds are no different. The plant is practically not damaged by pests and is not affected by diseases. Very rarely in the southern regions the roots of young plants can be damaged by nematodes.
Seeding is often absent due to the archaic method of fertilization. Seed occurs at the age of 20-25 years. Full seed does not fasten (non-advance). It grows slowly. Delivers penumbra, prefers fertile and moderately moist soils.
In Russia, ginkgo biloba grows well and bears fruit in the Caucasus. In the form of a tree can grow along the line Kaliningrad - Volgograd. In the Moscow Region and to the north it can exist in bush form, freezing along the height of the snow cover, But as a result of persistent selection work, its winter hardiness has increased significantly.
Ginkgo bilobed Breeding
Propagated by seeds, rarely green cuttings. Cuttings root poorly, so it is necessary to use growth regulators and the use of a certain temperature regime in combination with artificial fog. But the vegetative breeding method is undoubtedly very important for the preservation of ornamental forms, which are currently quite a lot.
Seeds are sown in a nursery on a well-prepared and fertilized soil, where seedlings grow for two years. To increase germination, some authors recommend a three-month stratification at a temperature of 3-5 ° C and scarification - filing of the peel. At the end of the second year of life, seedlings are planted in a permanent place.
Basic care includes feeding, weeding crops and watering if necessary.
Given that in the Nonchernozem zone, ginkgo winters mainly in cluster form, it does not need much space. But in the south, in order for this tree to look spectacular, the area must be large enough.
Medicinal raw materials
Medicinal value are the leaves collected during the summer and dried in the shade in the attic. Ginkgo leaves dry 4 times. Dry raw materials are green leafy plates with well defined veins. Unscented raw materials with a weak bitter-sour taste.
Most companies - manufacturers of preparations based on ginkgo prefer to harvest leaves from young, non-bearing trees in the summer, in the phase of the end of growth. The exception is the company "Irwin Naturals" - it offers to harvest the leaves in the fall, when they begin to turn yellow.
The yellow color of the leaves indicates the highest amount of flavonoids. Apparently, in the autumn yellowed leaves, a biochemical composition shifts towards the accumulation of particularly active flavone ratios and the ratio of flavones to glycosides and terpenes changes.
The leaves contain flavonoids (kaempferol, quercetin, ginkgetin, bi-lobetin) biflavonoid amentoflavone, hexacosanol, pinit, shikimic, Quinic and gidroginkgolovuyu acids, lactones, terpenes, catechins, wax, starch, mannan, pentosan, sterols, fatty and essential oils. Standardization of raw materials during processing is carried out according to the amount of flavonoids. The oily seed coat contains oily, valeric, propionic and ginkgolic acids, a number of fairly toxic substances. Seeds contain protein (13%), starch (68%), fatty oil, sugars, pentosan, arginine, sitosterol, aspargine, raffinose, xylan, carotene, the amount of flavonoids.
Ginkgo biloba plant - distinctive features and beneficial properties
Modern life is designed so that everyone is constantly faced with a mass of various information. Nowhere to escape from this, so the modern world is arranged.
In this regard, it is very important is the fact that our brain must work quite intensively, experiencing a constant enormous load.
The possibilities of our organism are, of course, immense, but far from unlimited.
He, including the brain, needs constant help, nourishment and nutrition.
In this regard, a plant that is called ginkgo biloba is very effective for the brain.
Ginkgo biloba - This is a representative gymnosperms The plant itself is dioecious, that is, it has male and female individuals. Male is responsible for the production of pollen. Women - produce seeds. The method of pollination of Ginkgo biloba is primitive - anemochoria - pollination by the wind.
Ginkgo biloba tree has a height of up to 50 meters. However, 50 meters is a record height. On average, the tree reaches 18-20 meters. Ginkgo biloba is a long-liver. Some trees grew out of seed at the time of Jesus Christ. Now they are more than 2 thousand years old.
The shape of the crown of the tree pyramid. Male and female plants are slightly different in shape of the crown: male more slender and tall, and for women - the crown more spreading, the branches are sent to the ground. The branches have a special structure. They are devoid of leaves, like ordinary trees. On the branches, a similarity of growths are formed, from which leaf bundles are formed. The leaves look unusual and have signs of archaism - they are fan-shaped, divided in the upper part into two lobes (biloba). Dichotomous venation is one of the signs of archaism. Листья снабжены длинными черешками, имеют сизовато-зеленый цвет. Край листа может быть ровным, а может иметь неровные зазубринки.
At the end of spring, masculine Ginkgo biloba has inconspicuous yellow-green “flowers” with numerous stamens - in fact, these are earrings of sporangiofors with many large disputes. A female plant has ovules - seed buds. The pollen enters the ovuli and fertilizes them. Further, ovulation grows and becomes like a yellow plum.
The fruit is a nut covered with a fleshy shell. This shell contains foul-smelling butyrate substances. Flowering and reproduction begins at 25-30 year of life. For this reason, to identify the floor of the plant in the early stages is almost impossible. There is a risk of planting female plants. In urban landscaping, mostly male plants are used. Due to the fact that it is difficult to determine the sex, sometimes in the alleys you can find female individuals.
In addition to the seed method of Ginkgo can also breed vegetatively. The plant is grown in Korea, Russia, Japan, Europe and China. The plant can be found near the Buddhist temples. It is often called the temple tree.
Ginkgo biloba has a strong root system. Adult trees are not afraid of strong winds and snowfall. The tree is very stable. Ginkgo is deciduous. With the onset of autumn the leaves turn yellow and fall off quickly. In Japan, leaves flush profusely. The Japanese are very fond of this plant, especially in the fall, as the leaves in color and shape resemble hearts. Earlier, and sometimes now, the leaves of Ginkgo biloba are used in wedding ceremonies. The bride and groom take oaths of loyalty and tear the ginkgo leaf. Each spouse receives half a sheet. Everyone keeps his soul mate throughout his marriage.
The remains of the plant are in sediments of the Cretaceous and Jurassic period. It was during these periods came the dawn of a plant in the northern hemisphere. Ginkg six genera and numerous representatives of tree ferns formed the ancient forests, which dinosaurs roamed. The development of flowering plants gradually replaced the mass flora of gymnosperms. Currently, a large number of plant remnants of ancient Gingko and ferns are found in layers of coal deposits. Especially often the remains of plants are found in ancient coal deposits in the Rostov region, in the NPT. And so, in principle, the remains of the plant are found in almost any output of coal throughout the northern hemisphere.
Nowadays, wild plants are found in the mountains of China. Ginkgo biloba with conifers and broad-leaved tree species forms the forests of China's mountainous province of Zheng-jiang.
In the 18th century, the plant was considered completely extinct by European authors. The first European who discovered him is the Dutch doctor E. Kempfer. Kempfer worked at the Japanese embassy, which was closed to the entrance.
Kempfer described the plant, giving it a name Silver Apricotthat in Japanese sounds like “Gink Go”. When he left, he did not forget to grab with him a few seeds of this ancient plant and gave him a repatriation to the original historical homeland.
Over time, a strange plant spread as an exotic in the largest botanical gardens in Europe. The plant is very resistant to various fungal, bacterial and viral diseases, it easily copes with industrial air pollution and is resistant to sudden frosts. Due to these properties, plants love to be used in urban landscaping, grown in parks and private gardens.
Interesting story with Ginkgo in France. French botanist Petina studied the flora of the botanical gardens of London. He noticed the young Ginkgo saplings and asked the director to sell him these seedlings. They both pretty drunk wine. The director set the price at 40 ecu. In the morning he sobered up and realized that he had made a monstrous mistake. He tried to buy the plants, but Petinia refused and took the seedlings to France. It is believed that all Ginkgo biloba trees in parks and gardens of France are the descendants of those same seedlings for 40 ecu. The French call ginkgo the “tree for 40 ecu”.
The first ginkgo trees in our country appeared in 1818 in the Crimea. They were brought by the founder of the Nikitsky Botanical Garden, Christian Christian Steven, a Russian botanist of Swedish origin. From here, the plant has spread throughout Russia and the union republics of the former social. camps
Applying Ginkgo Biloba Extract
In the area of growth, the seeds of the plant are used with pleasure. They are boiled or fried. In China, Ginkgo is considered a symbol of longevity, disease resistance, the tree of intelligence. Discovered ancient Chinese medical prescriptions, which age is 4800 years. So in these recipes describes the use of the leaves and fruits of plants for the preparation of drugs.
In modern medicine, leaf extract is used. From 50 kg of fresh green leaves get about 1 kg of liquid extract. It is a concentrated juice with a unique chemical composition. Many studies of this extract have been carried out by modern scientists. The composition is unique and contains substances that are not found in other members of the plant kingdom. So the leaves contain bilobidy, ginkgolida, flavone glycosides. The analysis has more than 40 active bio-organic components.
The active components of Ginkgo biloba have a beneficial effect on the circulatory system - increase the elasticity of the vascular walls, remove harmful cholesterol, prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques, dilate blood vessels, relieve inflammation.
Extract use for the preparation of drugs for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, asthma, early manifestations of Alzheimer's disease.
The drug became more popular as an active dietary supplement for brain activity. Bilobyls and ginkolides normalize metabolic processes in neurons. They increase blood flow through the capillaries of the brain, pressure normalizes, and swelling of the brain tissue decreases. The effect of the drug is the removal of the symptom of blood stagnation: headaches stop, overall health improves, memory and attention increase. Additionally, plant-based preparations have a beneficial effect on sensory organs and their functions. At reception of preparations note improvement of sight, hearing acuity increases, the noise caused by blood circulation in an inner ear disappears.
Indications for use
- Preparations based on ginkgo biloba will be prescribed to patients who have suffered a stroke or head injury.
- In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease.
- Persons with impaired concentration and memory, sleep disorders, mental anxiety states.
- With chronic headache, tinnitus.
- When circulatory disorders in the brain.
It is not recommended to use preparations based on ginkgo extract for pregnant and lactating women, for persons suffering from allergic reactions and hypersensitivity to preparations of plant origin.
You can buy preparations based on Gigko biloba extract. in a pharmacy without a prescription. All drugs are sold as a biologically active food supplement.
- In Russia, not so long ago, the action “Alley of Russia” was held. As a result of this action, the Ginkgo Biloba Alley was chosen as the symbol of the Perm Territory.
- In the Internet sell the seeds of this tree. The cost of one seed is about 25 rubles.
Ginkgo biloba plant - what is it?
This plant, without the slightest shadow of doubt, can be attributed to relict species.
This species is the only one that managed to reach our days.
Life expectancy of this plant is about 2 thousand years.
It refers to species with falling leaves. The plant is quite well adapted to the conditions of the environment.
To cold, it is highly resistant.
It is not very susceptible to the influence of parasites.
The krone can have the most different form. It can be in the form of a pyramid or column. There may be weeping representatives.
The branches are long, without leaves. But at the top there are leaves that have the appearance of a fan.
The plant propagates vegetatively.
It blooms in May. After the pollination of the plant has taken place, and the fertilization, the fruits are formed. Inside they have a core, and the top is covered with pulp.
Previously, the plant was distributed throughout the northern hemisphere. Currently, the plant can be found in China, Korea and Japan.
Preparations from the ginkgo biloba plant - beneficial properties
On the basis of an extract from the leaves of a plant, preparations are prepared that have a mass of healing properties.
What are the useful drugs from ginkgo biloba:
- This plant is very often called the tree of youth. This circumstance is due to the fact that it has pronounced antioxidant properties. Their task is to inhibit the formation of free radicals. It has been proven that the formation of more than 60 diseases is associated with their formation. Free radicals in the body are formed by metabolic processes. External provocative factors are smoking, alcohol consumption and much more. They simply lead to the aging of our body. Such a plant, when applied, can slow down such processes.
- Due to the fact that the plant has the ability to restore blood circulation, normalizes the activity of any organ or tissue.
- If there are neurological symptoms in the form of tinnitus, headache, and age-related memory loss, then ginkgo biloba preparations will help to eliminate them. As a result of their reception, mental activity improves; if they do not disappear completely, then other symptoms of a similar plan are significantly reduced.
- Prescribing these drugs is very effective and beneficial for the brain. A similar effect is associated with a beneficial effect on the vessels, in the first place, the brain. As a result, they have a tonic effect, and the vessels become more elastic.
- With age, a person's short-term memory fades away and becomes much worse. For this purpose, similar preparations are prescribed for memory. As a result of the increase in elasticity, the cerebral vessels re-acquire the ability to expand. This provides an adequate supply of blood to the brain, which is very important to it.
- In this regard, this circumstance is very relevant for the prevention of strokes. In addition, it is also important that as a result of taking these drugs, blood viscosity decreases, which is important for reducing the possibility of blood clots.
- The plant has the ability to eliminate cramps, and, consequently, all the phenomena associated with them.
- Can the plant eliminate and puffiness.
- An excellent ability of preparations based on this plant is the ability to restore metabolic processes in neurons. Brain cells, like no other, need oxygen. And as a result of the strengthening of such processes, it is delivered to them much faster.
- Course application of drugs of this plan contributes to the removal of cholesterol from the vascular wall, which is deposited in them due to its apparent excess.
- The main directions of action of ginkgo beloba preparations is to combat the phenomena contributing to the occurrence of atherosclerosis and measures that suggest the inhibition of aging of the body. In older people, behavioral reactions change, the psycho-emotional sphere becomes quite labile and unbalanced. In the solution of these questions and the preparations made from this plant are capable to come to the rescue. In addition, they can be used to improve vision and hearing.
- An excellent means to improve memory are drugs of this particular plant. With their use, not only memory improves, but attention also becomes more concentrated. This is very important in old age, since all old people are usually scattered.
What dosage forms is used?
Dosage forms for the use of ginkgo beloba can be very different.
They can be tablets or powder.
Their use is carried out, in addition, in the form of extracts and tinctures. Even oil which is used in cosmetology can be used.
In whatever form such drugs are used, there are general rules for admission, which must necessarily be followed:
- The course is usually very long (up to 3 months). It is necessary to complete the whole course and not stop it somewhere in the middle. Only in this case can the desired therapeutic effect be achieved,
- Take 1 capsule daily. Some one day do not take the drug at all, and the next day use a loading dose. In no case can this be done,
- after the finished course you need to take a break. It should be at least 1 month, better if it is two months,
- while taking drugs, drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, there will be no effect, but it is quite possible to cause irreparable harm with such a combination,
- in exceptional cases, as directed by the attending physician, the dosage may be increased. This can be observed in the treatment of severe diseases.
Description of ginkgo biloba
It has a strong root system, the tree was first discovered in Holland, then in England. Northeastern part of China is considered to be his native place, where it can grow in both broad-leaved and coniferous forests. You can also meet him in Korea, he chooses warm and at the same time wet places. Then gingko began to spread in the Crimea, cultivated it in the Baltic part, in Rostov, in Voronezh, the Moscow region.
Ginkgo leaves in the fall quickly begin to turn yellow and fall off, so you need to have time to collect the fruit. Then it is very important to separate the core from the pulp, wash it, dry it, you can use it for culinary purposes as well as medicine. Remember that the softness of ginkgo is an edible part, although it has an unpleasant and bitter smell. The Japanese consider the fruit to be one of the best delicacies.
Useful properties of ginkgo bilobed
The plant has a unique chemical composition, therefore it is included in many pharmaceutical preparations, cosmetics and biological active additives. Leaf extract has a different chemical composition, up to 40 active substances.
The extract based on ginkgo leaves has three main groups of substances, because it is often used by pharmacology:
1. Terpenic trilactones - ginkolicides, bilobalide.
2. Bioflavonoids, part of carbohydrates.
3. Tannins, proanthocyanidins, wax, catechin, cardanol, steroids, beneficial trace elements - phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, they have antioxidant properties.
The use of ginkgo bilobed
Plant-based drugs are recommended to use, if memory is impaired, in cases of senile intellectual impairment, with severe dizziness, brain injury, strong tinnitus, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, severe depression, autism, multiple sclerosis, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, varicose veins , circulatory problems, angina pectoris, Raynaud's disease. Also, ginkgo is good for people who have a problem with narrowed blood vessels, because of diabetes, because it is often for this reason that angina and gangrene develop. After frostbite, you should immediately drink a tincture based on the plant.
With the help of ginkgo bilobate, you can cure glaucoma, a disorder that occurs in the renal system, improve your sleep, cure impotence, tuberculosis, eczema, rehabilitate after a stroke, diabetic angiopathy.
Pediatric pediatricians recommend the use of ginkgo for problems with psycho-speech development. With the help of the drug, you can activate the metabolism in the brain cells, thus improving attention, speech, memory, the child will be more able.
Ginkgo-based preparations should be taken orally, it is often in the form of a capsule, no need to crush it, you need to drink plenty of water. Take best during meals. Remember that a doctor must individually prescribe the necessary dosage, in no case be self-medicated. Most often, the doctor ascribes to take one capsule twice a day. The course of treatment should last up to 3 months, perhaps after two months you will have to repeat the treatment.
Ginkgo increases mental performance, improves blood circulation in the brain, reduces permeability in the capillaries, positively affects the vascular system, saturates the brain with oxygen, can expand small arteries, regulate blood filling of blood vessels, improve tone in the veins.
Contraindications ginkgo bilobed
Usually, this type of plant is well tolerated by patients, but in some situations there is an increased sensitivity to certain chemical components of ginkgo, therefore problems with the gastrointestinal tract and various allergic reactions occur. You can not use the drug in children younger than 16 years old, as well as patients with epilepsy, because you can provoke a seizure.
Ни в коем случаи нельзя употреблять все препараты на основе гинкго двулопастного перед операцией, потому что может возникнуть кровотечение. Запрещается он беременным женщинам, кормящим матерям, больным гемофилией, потому так важно консультироваться с врачом перед применением препарата.
Thus, Ginkgo biloba helps to get rid of vascular ear diseases, while reducing hearing, if a person has intermittent claudication, chilly toes and hands, with its help you can improve concentration, get rid of a scattered condition, fatigue, prolonged depression, nervousness and headache . Prevention of heart disease is an extract of ginkgo bilopastorno, taking it, a person is protected from tumors, hypertension, thus, the human body is rejuvenated. In modern medicine, preparations based on this type of plant are used to treat Parkinson's disease. Ginkgo-based drugs are contraindicated, with problems with cerebral circulation, acute myocardial infarction, if a person has allergic reactions to the drug, arterial hypotension. Despite all the positive qualities of ginkgo, you should not experiment with its use, only as prescribed by a doctor, because there may be many side effects, it will lead to serious consequences, the treatment will bring no benefits, but only harm. It is also very important before using the drug to pay attention to its contraindications.
Ginkgo biloba is a relic tree. It is the only ginkg representative who was able to survive the entire evolution of the planet. The components contained in the leaves of the tree, help to reduce cholesterol, improve the condition of blood vessels, normalize metabolism. According to reviews, plant-based drugs improve mental performance, memory, and mood
It is difficult to imagine how many years a unique tree lives on our planet, called ginkgo biloba. Traces of this family were found in rocks that are 200 million years old. But the uniqueness of ginkgo biloba is not only in its longevity. Amazing giant has beneficial properties for the human body. Even the official medicine appreciated these beneficial effects. Instructions for the use of ginkgo biloba in folk and official medicine will allow you to understand what kind of magic tree nature has presented to man.
Description of the tree and its properties
The unique tree impresses with its impressive size. The thickness of its trunk can reach 4 m. And the height of ginkgo biloba sometimes totals 45 m. This giant belongs to the honorable long-livers of the planet, because the age of some trees is more than a thousand years.
Sometimes medicinal raw materials of ginkgo biloba are called grass. And, despite the fact that we are talking about a tree, this wording is also true. At the same time, it is necessary to understand what is ginkgo biloba grass. This is the foliage of the tree.
Botanical characteristics of the giant
Relic, which has come down to our days, is an ancient gymnospermous plant belonging to the type of dioecious. This means that a unique plant can have both female and male flowers. The former produce pollen, and the latter serve as raw material for seeds.
Ginkgo bilobed - this is what botanists call the only surviving plant species that possesses the following distinctive characteristics.
- Trunk. Trees growing in Europe rarely exceed a height of 18 m, and specimens living in their homeland (in China) can reach 40 or more meters. Ginkgo biloba has a pyramidal shape. The crown of the tree depends on the floor. So, trees, gentlemen are slim. And the "ladies" have a spherical crown and look a bit squat.
- Leaves. On the branches of the tree does not contain the usual foliage. They grow peculiar growths containing bundles of long-leaf leaves fan-shaped. The leaves have different lobulations.
- Flowers For the male species is characterized by the presence of yellow-green clusters with many stamens. A female flowers bloom on long "legs" and have a fork. The flower lady always contains the seed germ.
- Fruit. After flowering, which is usually observed in May, the inflorescences are pollinated. Over time, yellow fruits are formed on the tree, slightly resembling plums. Inside this fruit is two large nuclei.
The monks of China associate ginkgo biloba with power, longevity and health. And it is no coincidence. After all, the tree has a pronounced healing power. For centuries it has been used to treat many diseases. Perhaps that is why the benefits and harm of ginkgo biloba interested scientists. After a lot of research, leading physicians found that the tree really has healing power.
The curative properties of ginkgo biloba are due to its antioxidant effects and the positive effect of the active components of the plant on vascular tone and blood flow. The plant expands the small capillaries and improves blood circulation in the tissues. This explains the fact that drugs based on it are used to treat diseases such as:
- chronic cerebral ischemia with memory disorders,
- circulatory disorders in the limbs against the background of diabetes and atherosclerosis,
- noise in ears.
In connection with the pronounced effect on the peripheral blood circulation, ginkgo biloba is even used to improve potency. In addition, the plant stabilizes mood, has a positive effect on pancreatic function and strengthens the immune system. The latter property allows us to consider it as a promising immunomodulator in autoimmune diseases.
When it is impossible to apply
During clinical studies of ginkgo biloba, a good tolerability of this plant by patients was found. Therapy extremely rarely provoked the appearance of side effects that occurred in the form of allergy against the background of individual immunity. Occasionally, people will experience stool disorders or headaches.
However, ginkgo biloba has some contraindications:
- pathologies of the stomach (ulcers, gastritis),
- acute period of stroke
- low pressure,
- preoperative period.
Plant Based Drugs
In the pharmaceutical market you can find a variety of drugs containing ginkgo biloba. Such medicines are intended mainly for the treatment of vascular pathologies and improve brain function. The most common are the following drugs and analogues.
- "Ginkgo biloba" Evalar ". A common drug that is based on ginkgo biloba extract. It is produced in the form of tablets and capsules. Each pill contains 40 mg of vegetable raw materials. "Ginkgo biloba" Evalar "helps to restore hearing, vision, speech, activates blood circulation, provides stimulation of the brain. The drug may be included in the therapy of autoimmune thyroiditis. Dosages are selected only by a doctor. Sometimes the patient is recommended even for three or four tablets.
- "Doppelgerts asset of ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6". This tool contains 30 mg of vegetable raw materials. The active ingredient is supplemented with vitamins of group B, flavonoids. The drug is aimed at strengthening memory, improving brain activity. Most often, the drug is prescribed as a dietary supplement to food to reduce the severity of manifestations of senile dementia, migraine, and dizziness.
- Tanakan. The drug is available in vials and tablets. The content of the active substance is 40 mg. The drug prevents the formation of blood clots, reduces swelling of tissues, fights hypoxia and is useful for diabetes. "Tanakan" is often prescribed for atherosclerosis, Raynaud's disease, Alzheimer's disease. Helps remedy and visual impairment.
- "Ginos". The drug contains 40 mg of the main substance and a variety of auxiliary components. It is produced in the form of tablets. Well helps with reduced concentration.
- "Ginkoum". This medication is produced in capsules. Its use is indicated for sleep disorders, sudden dizziness, and a sense of fear. "Ginkoum" helps with the deterioration of attention and memory, normalizes the brain and the process of thinking.
- "Ginkgo Biloba Forte". The amount of ginkgo biloba extract in one capsule is increased to 80 mg. The drug is prescribed to restore cerebral circulation after strokes, injuries. The drug is recommended when memory deterioration, the occurrence of tinnitus, poor concentration, disturbed sleep. Reviews of therapy "Ginkgo Biloba Forte" show that the use of the drug really allows you to improve memory, strengthen brain activity.
Instructions for use of ginkgo biloba in traditional medicine
For prophylactic purposes, you can buy Ginkgo biloba tea. Prepare a delicious and healthy drink is easy. A packet of tea (or one teaspoon) is poured with hot water, the temperature of which reaches 70-80 ° C. Boiling water for brewing tea is not used. You can enjoy the drink for four weeks. Then it is recommended to take a break of 10-14 days.
But if the purpose of the use of ginkgo biloba is the treatment of diseases, then traditional medicine recommends resorting to more effective means. Of course, after consulting with your doctor.
Alcohol tincture for brain activity
Description. To improve cerebral circulation, clean and strengthen the vessels is recommended to use alcohol tincture. This tool enhances attention, restores memory. He is appointed to people engaged in mental work. But for children it is forbidden, because it contains alcohol.
- Ginkgo biloba leaves - 50 g,
- Vodka - 700 ml.
- For the preparation of alcohol tinctures of ginkgo biloba, you can use both fresh and dry leaves. Plant material is ground.
- Vegetable component is poured vodka. You can take alcohol. But in this case, before use, alcohol is diluted to 40%.
- The container is well sealed and left to infuse for two weeks. To the medicine quickly gained healing power, it is recommended to shake the bottle daily.
- After 14 days, the liquid must be filtered.
The process of preparation and treatment
- When brain disorders are recommended to use a teaspoon of tincture.
- Before taking the drug is diluted in water. Repeat the reception three times a day before meals.
- Continue treatment with alcohol tincture for 30 days. Then be sure to take a break in therapy for one to two weeks. After such a "rest" treatment can be repeated again.
- To increase the potency of men prescribed 15 drops of the drug twice a day. The tincture is also diluted in water. The duration of treatment is six months.
Broth from the pathologies of the respiratory system
Description. Healing decoction is used in the treatment of infectious diseases of the respiratory system. This tool is recommended to receive with tuberculosis. The drug helps with anemia, activates the production of insulin, therefore it is recommended in the treatment of diabetes.
- vegetable raw materials - one tablespoon,
- water - 300 ml.
The process of preparation and treatment
- You can buy vegetable raw materials at the pharmacy. Usually on the package written instructions on how to brew the grass.
- For the treatment of organs of the respiratory system, it is necessary to grind raw materials
- The grass is placed in a container, poured with water and boiled over low heat for five minutes. The cooled tool is filtered.
- For infections in the respiratory organs, a decoction is recommended to be taken 50 ml three times a day for 10-14 days.
- If the medication is dictated by the need to treat tuberculosis, then use 70-100 ml of broth three times a day. The duration of such treatment may be delayed for two months.
Ginkgo-honey against stroke
Description. Reviews of neurologists show that the use of ginkgo-based products can prevent the development of stroke, protect the patient from heart attack and resist atherosclerosis. Regular use of ginkgo honey normalizes blood pressure in hypertension.
- leaves - a pound,
- lime honey - 500 ml.
The process of preparation and treatment
- In the jar lay vegetable raw materials.
- Leaves pour lime honey. Usually in recipes containing ginkgo biloba, it is permissible to include both fresh and dried plant materials. But if the drug is prepared for the prevention of stroke, heart attack, it is desirable to find a fresh leaf of a dinosaur tree.
- Diligently mixed components.
- For two days, the mixture should be infused in the refrigerator.
- Use medication to combat hypertension, clean the blood vessels or prevent the development of atherosclerosis, stroke one teaspoon twice a day.
Leaves from aging, anemia
Description. In some diseases, traditional healers recommend the use of ginkgo biloba leaves in powder form. Such treatment can slow the aging process. Dry powder is used for anemia. This therapy has been shown with limb aches. The powder is prescribed in the case of nervous exhaustion, hypertension, depression, to improve immunity.
The process of preparation and treatment
- Dry powder from Ginkgo biloba leaves is consumed once a day with a teaspoon 30 minutes before breakfast.
- The mixture is thoroughly chewed. Wash down the "medicine" with a glass of water.
- Therapy continues for one month.
- Allowed to repeat the treatment after a two-week break.
Use of dinosaur tree in cosmetology
Unique raw materials found application in cosmetology. Specialists, for its ability to rejuvenate the body, called the "same age dinosaurs" tree of youth. Ginkgo biloba provides a complex effect:
- promotes rejuvenation
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels
- reduces puffiness
- smooths wrinkles
- strengthens hair
- activates the growth of strands.
Ginkgo biloba is actively used in mesotherapy. It is used to improve the condition of mature skin. The drug is in demand in the correction of rosacea and to eliminate puffiness.
Analyzing reviews about the plant ginkgo biloba, it should be emphasized that more often there are positive opinions about the dinosaur tree. But sometimes therapy is less successful, and most often due to an error in the application. To enhance the beneficial effects of Ginkgo biloba on the body, some women combine mesotherapy with the internal intake of plant materials. Such a combination can lead to an overdose. As a result, bruises or hemorrhages will appear on the skin.
According to statistics, preparations with ginkgo biloba are among the most frequently used in European medicine; more than 1.5 million prescriptions are written out for them per month. The reason for this is the widest application of the plant. Among the therapeutic properties of ginkgo bilobed antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, astringent, stimulant, expectorant, sedative. Ginkgo biloba has the most powerful effect on the circulatory system. Preparations with ginkgo are often used to stimulate cerebral circulation. They are prescribed to persons suffering from migraines, frequent dizziness, patients with memory loss. They are also effective against other problems associated with impaired blood flow. Ginkgo biloba is used in the treatment of vascular diseases, atherosclerosis, prevention of heart attacks and strokes, as drugs from the plant prevent the formation of blood clots, increase the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels. Ginkgo bilobed is also used in the treatment of radiation sickness, some eye diseases, impotence, hypertension.
For ginkgo biloba, the glory of the “brain remedy” is firmly established. Studies have shown that, due to its medicinal properties, the plant helps to improve cognitive functions, so it is often added to dietary supplements, nutritional bars, drinks and cocktails, designed to enhance mental performance. However, it is worth remembering that scientists consider the dose of at least 240 mg of ginkgo extract per day to be the minimum effective dose for these purposes, and the plant does not contain such a large amount in all widely publicized drugs.
Contraindications and side effects
Among the side effects that can be caused by taking ginkgo biloba are stomach upset, headaches, dizziness, and in rare cases, an allergic rash. Ginkgo should not be taken with blood-thinning drugs; it should be discontinued 2 days before expected abdominal surgeries and dental procedures. Ginkgo is contraindicated for people suffering from epilepsy, as it can provoke seizures, it is not prescribed to pregnant and lactating women. Diabetics and people taking antidepressants should consult their doctor before taking ginkgo biloba.
Ginkgo biloba is widely used in the cosmetic industry. The plant extract is added to sunscreens because it helps protect the skin from UV rays. It is part of various anti-aging creams, lotions and masks, as it stimulates the production of collagen. The plant-containing flavonoid and natural antioxidant quercetin has anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight wrinkles, inflammation and acne. It is a ginkgo and a popular anti-cellulite and decongestant ingredient. The plant has been used in shampoos, balms and hair masks, the “magic” ginkgo strengthens the follicles and prevents hair loss and thinning, making them healthy and shiny.
Плоды гинкго похожи на небольшие абрикосы, диаметром 3-4 см. Несмотря на то, что из-за присутствия масляной кислоты пахнут они крайне неприятно, а вкус у плодов жгуче-вяжущий, их широко используют в восточной кулинарии. Мякоть вымачивают в соляном растворе, чтобы устранить характерный аромат и притупить вкус, затем добавляют в традиционную рисовую кашу – конджи и она становится праздничным блюдом. Such porridge must be served to the wedding trunk and the New Year. It symbolizes health and longevity. Japanese chefs use ginkgo seeds for food.
Ginkgo biloba (Latin Ginkgo biloba L.) is a dioecious deciduous tree, the only surviving from the Ginkgo family (Latin Ginkgoaceae), Ginkgo class (Latin Ginkgoopsida) and the Ginkoo department (Latin Ginkgophyta). In the Jurassic period, plants of the ginkg class consisted of up to 15 different species. Now ginkgo is a phylogenetic relic, a living fossil.
The generic epithet biloba - “two lobes” from the Latin tree was shaped according to the shape of the leaves, the leaf blade of which was divided into two symmetrical lobes, the lobes.
Ginkgo biloba preparations improve arterial, venous and, importantly, capillary blood circulation, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, prevent capillary fragility. Impaired blood flow can cause diseases of internal organs. Normalizing blood flow, gingko protects organs and tissues from damage. That is why the plant extract is effective for preventing heart attacks and strokes and eliminating their consequences, in the treatment of eye diseases, with varicose veins, diseases caused by impaired peripheral circulation. By building blood flow, ginkgo biloba can get rid of dizziness, ringing and tinnitus, also known as tinnitus, hypoacusia and other cochlear-vestibular disorders with a vascular component. Eliminating problems with blood supply to the brain, ginkgo drugs effectively fight migraines. Scientists hope that the drug will help cope with senile dementia and at least slow down the course of Alzheimer's disease. Normalization of blood circulation is due to ginkgo biloba and its healing effects on patients with impotence, hemorrhoids.
Clinical studies have confirmed the effectiveness of ginkgo preparations for hypertension. In particular, this is facilitated by the flavonoid isorhamne contained in the plant, which has a diuretic effect and contributes to the removal of excess fluid from the body. This ability of ginkgo preparations is also highly demanded in case of head injuries, where it is extremely important to reduce the likelihood of brain edema.
The therapeutic effect of ginkgo is also associated with the active antioxidant complex contained in its preparations. It resists the oxidation of lipids contained in the cell membranes, does not allow them to be destroyed by free radicals, blocking and neutralizing them. Isoramentin along with quartzetin and kaempferol, also contained in biloba ginkgo, prevents thrombosis and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Ginkgo biloba drugs have an antihistamine effect, inhibiting bronchial obstruction during allergic attacks, are prescribed for the treatment of asthma. They help to increase immunity, are effective in combating insomnia, some types of nervous disorders and depression.
Millions of years ago, when dinosaurs dominated the earth, ginkgo biloba and other trees from the Ginkgo family were widely distributed throughout the world. Global cataclysms that led to the extinction of large reptiles, and destroyed most of the incredible representatives of the animal and plant kingdom that lived with them side by side. For centuries, finding the fossil fossils of ginkgo, scientists thought that this is another species that people will never be able to see live. This continued until the German botanist, physician Engelbert Kempfer, discovered a plant that was peacefully growing in a temple garden at a Buddhist monastery. It happened in 1691. The seeds of the “temple tree” were brought to Europe only at the beginning of the 18th century, but Europeans became interested in the healing properties of ginkgo only by the middle of the 20th century, and indeed in Chinese literature they were written about since 206 BC.
The Chinese highly appreciated Ginkgo biloba for its beneficial properties and amazing vitality. They still worship him as a sacred plant, the tree of life. In the amazing fan-shaped leaves of gingko, they see a compound of yin and yang, feminine and masculine.
One of the most famous trees of gingko dioecious grows near the tragically famous Hiroshima. The plant, which survived only a kilometer from the epicenter of the explosion, was located in the courtyard of the temple, which did not survive the bombing. Later, the temple was rebuilt, but already around the settled ginkgo.
"Living Fossil" is mentioned more than once in the literature. Europeans are more familiar with the poem of the great German poet Goethe:
This leaf was from the East
In my garden, my humble one is brought ...
In the East, Li Shan-Yin's lines are more popular:
A dancing phoenix soars in the clouds its trunk,
With a writhing dragon, he sits on a rock.
1. O.V. Yatsevich, “Ginkgo biloba. Mesozoic relic - "silver apricot", "Mesotherapy" № 2/2010 - 28-38 with
2. “Botanico-pharmacognostic dictionary”, edited by K.F. Blinova. and Yakovleva GP, Moscow, Higher School, 1990 - 45 p.
3. I. A, Grechany, “Complete Reference Book of Medicinal Herbs and Healing Fees”, Kharkov, Family Leisure Club, 2013
4. “Medicinal raw materials of plant and animal origin. Pharmacognosy ”edited by Yakovlev GP, St. Petersburg, Special Literary 2006 - 453-454 p.