Anthurium Andre is a beautiful indoor plant, the favorite of many flower growers, emphasizing the harmony of home décor, bringing a touch of comfort, natural freshness and bright colors to the home interior. In the natural environment, a representative of the aroid family is found in the tropical zone of South and Central America. The flower of anthurium is a symbol of courage, freedom, passion and is popularly called "man's happiness." This type of anthurium received its name in 1877 in honor of the famous French naturalist and botanist Edouard Andre with the help of the Belgian scientist J. Linden.
Beautiful legend about the flower Anthurium
An interesting history of the origin of this beautiful flower, which allegedly turned into a young beautiful girl. This story happened in ancient times, when people existed in tribes, at the head of one of which was a cruel bloodthirsty leader. He conceived of marrying a 15-year-old girl - a resident of a neighboring tribe. But the imperious ruler did not like the beauty of a young woman, and she refused him. In order to revenge, the leader attacked the village where the girl lived, and took her by force. The bride could not come to terms with life without relatives and relatives, with a cruel ruler, and rushed into the fire, divorced in honor of the wedding. No sooner had she touched the fire, how did the merciful gods turn the unhappy creature into a graceful red anthurium flower, and the village into a tropical impassable forest. Colombian residents believe that it is red anthurium that brings prosperity and happiness to the family, so couples who combine with marriage decorate their homes with these flowers and keep them in their wedding quarters for a month. Therefore, anthurium is considered to be a symbol of the honeymoon. The photo of flowers conveys the variety of varieties of this beautiful and sought-after plant.
Description of Anthurium Andre
Externally, Anthurium Andre, care at home for which is not particularly difficult, is quite large and reaches a height of 70-90 cm. It is characterized by a shortened stem with many roots, including aerial. With good care, an indoor pet all year round will delight in flowering, its palette is very diverse and attractive: orange, greenish, white, purple, pink, yellow. Breeders even bred varieties with two-colored and almost black bracts - an integral part of the flower. The Andre anthurium bracts have a heart-shaped, often bubbly, with distinct veins on the surface. The inflorescence is an ear (the second part of the flower), most often white or yellow in color, its approximate length is 15 centimeters. The leaves of the homely handsome man are rather large (about 30 cm), bright green, shiny, with a clearly defined heart-shaped base. Grow on long petioles, which are almost perpendicular to the leaf plates.
Proper lighting is the key to successful anthurium growth
The key to successful growth and flowering of Anthurium Andre is its location: it is important for the plant to provide diffused light or light penumbra, eastern, western and northern windows are most suitable. The lack of light should be replenished artificially using fitolamps.
The most comfortable temperature for Anthurium Andre is 22-25 ° C heat, at +18 ° C and lower, the flower stops growing. In winter, it is recommended to keep the anthurium in a cool place, avoiding placing nearby with heating devices.
Anthurium Andre loves regular abundant watering, but without excesses: the upper soil layer needs to be given time to dry. Excess moisture can lead to decay of the rhizome, and its lack - the lack of flowering and wilting of the leaves. The optimum soil moisture regime is once every 4 days, irrigation water should be soft, at room temperature. In winter, the supply of moisture is required to be reduced to once a week, while avoiding drying out of the earth coma. An important factor in the successful development of the plant is high humidity: 85-95%. To ensure this, it is recommended to install a humidifier near the plant container or spray the air around the anthurium twice a day with a spray bottle. Moreover, the ingress of water on the leaves is undesirable, since they will remain white limescale. And this will spoil the appearance of such a beautiful indoor plant as an anthurium. A photo of flowers conveys all the beauty of a tropical guest who has taken root in new conditions for him.
For bouquets, indoor pet flowers are cut when the flower bed is open, when the ear is in the staminate stage (that is, covered with pollen), and the upper section of the pedicle is strong and firm. Flowers, cut at the time of anthurium blooming, remain fresh for about 5 weeks, if earlier - then fade within a few days.
Plant nutrition is carried out by fertilizers for orchids or by universal mineral and nitrogen-containing preparations every 2-3 weeks, especially relevant before the start of flowering. In winter, the plant is required to rest.
How to transplant anthurium
A transplant of young plants is made every spring, in a tank of larger diameter. Adult specimens are transplanted at a time when the plant is already becoming cramped in an old pot. The soil for anthurium should be light, nutritious, provide air access to the roots, the most suitable composition for orchids or bromeliads. On your own, soil for anthurium can be made from peat, leaf and coniferous soil. To maintain humidity, it is recommended to put sphagnum moss on top.
Anthurium Andre propagates by lateral offspring, by dividing an overgrown bush, by top cuttings and seeds - in a way that is rather laborious and not particularly loved by growers. Seeding is required to be done 3-5 days after harvesting the seed, which can be obtained by pollination of flowers with a brush in the first days of flowering. Then you should wait for the formation and ripening of the berries that form on the cob. Crops are recommended to contain at a temperature of +22 o C. The emergence of seedlings occurs over a period of two weeks. After 1.5 months, the seedlings that are in the phase of this leaf require a pick. With the advent of 5-6 leaves, young plants can be seated in individual pots. Anthuriums grown from seeds will delight flowering only in the third year.
The easiest way is reproduction by lateral processes. This procedure is often carried out during transplantation. The division is required to produce a knife with a sharp blade, and the places of the cuts must necessarily be powdered with crushed coal. After disembarking a young anthurium must be watered. A piece of the stem with an air root and a leaf takes root quite quickly.
Planting plants must be carried out in small containers with a good layer of drainage (1/4 of the volume of planting capacity). For air flow in the walls of the pot is recommended to make small holes.
Diseases and pests
Anthurium pests are mostly affected by scale insects and mites. Sucking cell sap, they contribute to the shrinking and dropping of leaves. It is rather difficult to get rid of such pests, therefore it is recommended to apply preventive measures, regularly rinsing the plant under a warm shower and wiping the leaf plates with a soap sponge. Then the anthurium must be treated with 0.15% of the composition of the drug "Actellic" (in a liter of water is required to dilute 1.5 ml). Another scourge of anthurium Andre are mealybugs, settling on all aboveground parts of the plant. In this case, the treatment will help "Karbofos."
Anthurium Andre often affects stem and root rot, due to low temperature and waterlogging. Sometimes the plant can suffer from anthracnose: the edges of the leaf blades dry out and the indoor pet gradually dies. Damaged leaves must be removed, and the plant must be treated several times with a 0.2% solution of “Fundazol” or 0.5% of the composition “Chloride Oxide”. It is rather difficult to fight against such a disease, therefore it is better to prevent its occurrence by taking preventive measures. The excess of calcium in the soil will indicate the twisting of the leaves, the blackening of their tips.
The enemies of Anthurium Andre are powdery mildew and rust, most often provoked by contact with infected plants or by transmission through the soil.
Anthurium Andre: varieties
- Arizona. Bright red leaf bract with pronounced veins and yellow-green cob.
- Anthurium Andre Champion. It is characterized by a yellow-pink cob and white, with slightly pink veins "veil".
- Florida Sheet "cover" is characterized by playing shades: from red to yellow, and then - to green. Greenish, white, yellow cobs.
- Polaris. Bract green, gradually changing in color to white, ear - pinkish.
- Minnesota. Yellow-white cob and "cover" of salmon color.
- Acropolis. Anthurium Andre is white, with dark green, fairly large leaves and bright yellow cob.
- Lunette. Hot pink cob and pink-red leaf bract,
- Otazu. Anthurium Andre red.
- Casino. Characterized by a bright yellow bract and a red-green cob.
- Sensa. "Cover" lilac, elongated with a dark purple cob.
- Kuba The white-green "bedspread" contrasts brightly with the spike of yellow-green color.
Anthurium Andre (mix of varieties and shades) is widely used by florists to create beautiful bouquet arrangements. And not only the flowers of the plant are used, but also its leaves: juicy-green and expressive.
Anthurium: types and characteristics
According to various sources, the genus Anthurium includes from 500 to 926 species. For indoor floriculture most adapted:
- Anthurium Andre (in greenhouses grow more than 1 m tall)
- Scherzer's anthurium (a distinctive feature - a spun ear, resembling a pig's tail),
- crystal anthurium (small flowers are compensated by the foliage, smart by its decorative effect).
Most anthuriums are epiphytes (half-epiphytes) with aerial roots. In dense rain forests, plants inhabit the upper tier, attaching to trees. At the same time, feeding on their own and without harming their habitat (forophyte). Aero air roots can absorb moisture and nutrients directly from the air. Covered with the substance Velamen, they accumulate and retain water. A similar structure of the root system of orchids. Interestingly, among the anthuriums there are lithophytes, plants that can survive on stones and rocks. Also known climbing forms and even tree.
Anthurium flowers are small and located on the cob, surrounded by a veil. The bract is heart-shaped. Color - depending on the type and variety. Leaves can be oblong, rounded, whole or dissected. The surface of the sheet plate is also different, from matte to glossy. Under natural conditions, the plant turns the stems and leaves towards the source of light.
The people Anthurium called "male flower" or the flower of "male happiness." It is often purchased in a pair of spathiphyllum. It is believed that this combination will save love and bring well-being into the house. Anyway, the plant will decorate and revive any room.
Anthurium Champion: temperature regimes and watering
Variety includes two subsort:
Differences are manifested in the color of the pristsvetnogo sheet - covers. It is an epiphyte with aerial roots on the stem. The leaves are large, oblong with a sharp top. The bloom is long, after withering the veil turns green. Cut freshness lasts about three weeks.
Anthurium prefers lit place without falling bright sunlight. The best location is the east and northwest windows.
Attention. Draft - destructive for anthurium.
Temperature conditions of summer maintenance: + 20 ... + 28 С °. Relative humidity is not lower than 85%. At lower rates, the growth of aerial roots will stop, and then the plant itself. Be sure to spray anthurium and cover the roots with moistened sphagnum. You can fully immerse the pots in the moss or put on the tray with raw claydite. Leaves gently rubbed with a soft sponge.
In winter, a slight decrease in temperature to +16 ° C is necessary. If possible, the humidity is also reduced to 80%. Since September, watering is reduced, gradually increasing the period of drying of the substrate. Peace lasts until February.
Council Early flowering of anthurium stimulates a smooth increase in air temperature to + 20 ... + 25 С ° from January.
Water anthuriums with boiled water (t +30 С °). Land in a pot should dry at least 1/3. Despite the fact that the plant is moisture-loving, there is a high probability of the bay. Water from the lower saucer must be drained, rubbing the container dry.
Anthurium substrate and transplant
The soil is prepared loose, light. Soil composition:
- Rough-fiber sheet ground.
- Chopped moss
- Light turf ground.
In a ratio of 2: 1: 1. The basis can be taken and chopped wood bark or chopped coconut coir. With regular feeding anthurium grows well in clean bark. Particularly moisture-absorbing and aerated substrate is as follows:
- Pumice stone (fraction 1–3 cm).
- Bark of pine (diameter of fragments 2–5 cm).
- Coarse peat
- Horse manure (well rotted).
Proportions: 2: 2: 1: 1. Pumice stone can be replaced with expanded clay. There is a successful experience of growing anthuriums in pure sphagnum moss and in hydroponics.
Young plants are transplanted annually. The procedure is performed only during the growth of anthurium. The pot is selected in accordance with the root system. Too much capacity increases the likelihood of rot on the roots. The best material for a flowerpot is plastic, because in ceramics the temperature of the soil is usually below room temperature. At the bottom of the stack drainage layer. Transplanted anthurium transshipment without breaking the earthy coma. Exception if the plant was purchased, in this case, the substrate is replaced entirely. When transplanting, the aerial roots are not buried, but are covered with moss or coconut fiber.
Adult plants are transplanted as needed, no more than once every 3 to 4 years. The earth is completely changed to a new, nutritious. For several days after the event, do not water the anthurium. Placed in a greenhouse, Anthurium will transfer the transplant more easily.
Anthurium Andrianum (Andre): home care
Anthurium Andre considered the most affordable for growing of all his kindred. However, we should not forget that this is a native of the tropical jungle, where high humidity throughout the year is the habitat of the flower. The same conditions must be strictly observed when the plant is kept indoors.
In addition, it must be remembered that all parts of the exotic representative of the flora are poisonous. When caring for him, it is important to observe all precautions, use rubber gloves and wash hands thoroughly. The green pet must be kept away from children and pets.
The choice of location and temperature
Anthurium Andre prefers a bright light, but it must be positioned so that direct sunlight does not fall on its leaves. For this fit windows of any orientation, except the south. Placing a plant on a window sill, it is very desirable to take care of its shading in the form of a translucent curtain.
"Flower-tail" loves the heat, but favorably applies to the usual summer temperature of our latitudes 22 to 25 ° C. In winter, he feels good at a temperature of from 16 to 18 ° C. In addition, cool for one and a half to two months stimulates budding and flowering.
Watering and moisture
During the warm season, the plant should be watered abundantly, waiting for the top layer of the substrate to dry out - about twice every 7-8 days. With the onset of winter watering is reduced to once a week. At the same time, excess water in the pan must be drained.
Anthurium Andre is very picky about water quality. Even soft, settled water is not good enough for him. It is recommended to boil it or acidify with acetic acid or citric acid.
High humidity from 85 to 95% year-round - the most difficult wish of anthurium. It is necessary to use all possible methods for its implementation. Excellent helps daily spraying of plants in the mornings and evenings. You can also install it on a tray with a wet filler, and next to place containers with water. The cardinal method is a humidifier. The flower will not refuse to wipe the leaves with a damp cloth or sponge.
Rinsing it with a strong jet from several sides makes it possible to additionally moisten air roots and foliage, wash off pests and dust.
During active growth, the “wax flower” is fed with complex fertilizers for flowering crops. once in 14-15 days.
Anthurium blooms from early spring to late autumn, especially abundant in summer. Interestingly, after flowering, the veil becomes green and becomes an ordinary leaf. From November to January, the plant is resting and gaining strength. As mentioned above, a cool wintering is very important for tying flower buds.
Состав почвы и пересадка
Почва для антуриума Андре, являющегося полуэпифитом и имеющего многочисленные воздушные корни, должна быть легкой и отличаться хорошей аэрацией.
Perfect mix for orchids. But it is still better to prepare the substrate yourself. To do this, take one piece of vermiculite and coarse sand and two pieces of crushed pine bark, peat, coniferous and leafy ground.
The mixture can be further improved with a small amount of coconut fiber and small pieces of charcoal. A moss sphagnum is placed on top of the substrate.
Young anthuriums are transplanted every year, and adults - as far as filling the volume of the pot with roots. New capacity should be taken low and the size of the plant. In too large flowerpot you can not wait for flowering. The bottom of the tank should be provided with large drainage holes and covered with a thick layer of drainage. Do not interfere with extra holes in the walls of the pot.
When transplanting should be very careful with the roots - they are very fragile. It is desirable that the base of the bush elevated above the ground by 5-6 cm. At the same time, aerial roots are wrapped in sphagnum moss.
Transplant after purchase
You can only remove it from the pot and carefully, without braking the ground, inspect the roots. If they are healthy, you can return the bush back to the container and put it in “quarantine” - separately from other flowers.
For new conditions, the plant usually gets used in a few weeks. After it adapts, you can replant the "newcomer" in the fresh substrate. It is desirable to wash the soil from the roots of transport.
If a new “green friend” is acquired in a deplorable state, too moist and with rotting roots, immediate transplanting is required. Old earth must be washed from the roots, and diseased roots must be removed.
In vivo, Anthurium Andre develops as an epiphyte - a plant that uses tree trunks as a support. They do not harm the species to which they are attached, but so in the conditions of dense tropical forests, epiphytes receive more light. Their aerial roots are able to absorb moisture and nutrients directly from the air.
Anthurium has bright green shiny leaves of lanceolate form, the length of which reaches 30 cm. During flowering, anthurium forms buds of yellow color. They are surrounded by a wrinkled or blistering bract of the heart-shaped with pronounced veins.
Plant height reaches 70−90 cm. It has many roots, including air. Anthuriums have a varied color palette. Their bracts can be white, orange, purple, pink, yellow, greenish. There are two-tone and almost black flowers. After flowering, orange spherical fruits are formed on the stems.
There is a large variety of varieties of anthurium.
For home breeding are used only some of them:
- Arizona - a plant with a bright red veil and a yellowish cob,
- The champion is a flower with a white-pink bract and a yellow cob,
- Florida - the bract is painted in several colors, turning into each other: red, yellow, green.
- Polaris - the color of the veil varies from green to white, the cob is pinkish.
- Minnesota is a salmon-colored bract and a white-yellow cob.
The gorgeous flowers of the plant are often cut for bouquets. To keep the anthurium flower Andre long to stay fresh, it is cut with a fully open bract, when the cob is still covered with pollen. So the flower will last for five weeks. If you cut off sooner or later - it quickly fades.
This compact flower is suitable for growing even in small rooms. Caring for anthurium Andre at home is simple, but at its cultivation it is necessary to follow certain rules:
- The plant does not like bright sunlight. It should be located on a slightly darkened place: near the east, north-east, west or north-west window. In winter, they create additional lighting with a fluorescent lamp.
- In summer, the most favorable temperature for a flower is from +20 C to +25 C. It should not fall below +18 C, as this will slow down the development of the plant. In winter, temperatures can drop to +16 degrees Celsius, which favors the formation of buds and heavy summer blooms.
- Plants are watered with soft water at room temperature. Lack and excess moisture are equally harmful to flowers. For watering use filtered or boiled tap water. Watering is done when the ground in the pot dries - usually every four days. The upper layer should not be allowed to dry to more than 1–2 cm in depth. In winter, the plant is watered much less frequently and less - approximately once a week.
- In tropical forests where epiphytes inhabit, the air is always humid. At home, you should also not allow the air to dry out. Anthurium is sprayed 2 times a day. When spraying you need to ensure that water does not fall on the leaves - they appear ugly spots of limescale. To increase the humidity, the flower is placed on a pedestal in a tray filled with water or wet expanded clay. Near it you can also place a humidifier.
- The plant prefers breathable primer. It can be planted in a special mixture for orchids or bromeliads, which is sold in stores. Capacity for planting should be small, with drainage holes, as well as with holes in the side walls. The dimensions of the pot should correspond to the root system of the anthurium, since in too large a capacity the roots rot. A sphagnum is put on top of the pot - it maintains the soil moisture.
- Nutrient mixtures for orchids or universal nitrogen fertilizers are used for top dressing. In the summer, fertilizing is done once every 2–3 weeks; in winter, the plant is given rest. It is especially important to feed the plant before flowering.
Botanical description and names
Anthurium Andre (Anthurium andreanum) - an evergreen perennial of the genus Anthurium (Anthurium) belongs to the numerous aroid family. The genus Anthurium has more than 800 species. A herbaceous plant grows as a terrestrial and epiphytic flower, it can grow into bulky branching vines.
History of appearance, description of appearance and geography of habitat
The first classification of the genus Anthurium was made in the 19th century. Austrian botanist Heinrich Shott. Later in the 20th century German botanist Gustav Engler grouped known species into 18 sections. In modern floriculture, Schaeffer’s classification is used, distinguishing 19 main groups of the genus Anthurium. Among them is a large species of anthurium Andre.
Homeland plants considered tropical regions of South America, southwestern Colombia, Ecuador. The habitats of natural species are rocky mountain slopes, trees of tropical forests, rocky areas.
Anthurium Andre (Anthurium Andrianum on Lat.) - a rather large flower. In nature it can grow up to 1 - 1.5 m. At home, plant height reaches 80 - 90 cm. Stems are knotty, form thin aerial roots. The leaves are large, bright green, glossy. The length of the leaf plate is 20–30 cm, width - 10–12 cm. Petioles are long, dense, up to 20–30 cm. The inflorescence is the ear of a yellow color, up to 10 cm in length. After fertilization on the cob formed round fruits, orange.
Bract - glossy, can be leathery, heart-shaped. The surface of the veil is striated with relief veins. The color of the bedspread is bright red. Hybrid subsorts may have pink, white, yellow bract colors. Flowering is long, up to 6 - 8 months. The plant blooms at the end of winter, lasts until autumn.
Compact hybrid variety, grows up to 50 - 60 cm in height. The leaves are shiny, dense. Differs in pronounced veins on the dark green surface of the leaf plate. The cover is bright red. It grows well at home.
The leaves are large, shiny, bright green. The leaves are heart-shaped. Inflorescence - a large spike, located on the very cover of the flower. The cover is large, glossy, saturated red color. The height of an adult bush is up to 70 cm.
The bush is compact, height of a plant is up to 60 cm. Foliage is dark green, large. Glossy sheet plate. The cobs are straight, may have a pinkish or yellow tint. Bracts - bedspreads, depending on the andraeanum, can be pink (Pink) and white (White).
To create colorful group mixes in one container (or one bed), you can plant several varieties of Andra Anthurium, differing in shade and size of leaves and bracts. For example, the gentle covers of Anthurium André Silence will be perfectly combined with the pink Anthurium André Favorit. Bright, rich - red varieties Otazu and Belize will be beneficial to emphasize the spectacular dark shades of varieties Fiorino and the Black Queen.
The optimum air temperature in spring and summer is 22 - 25 ° C. In autumn, the temperature should be reduced to 18 ° C.
In the summer requires abundant watering in small doses 2 to 3 times a week. The soil should be slightly wet in spring and summer.
In the autumn, the irrigation schedule changes. It is enough to moisten the soil 1 time in 7 - 10 days. Water for irrigation should be warm, up to 30 ° C. In the water you need to add a few drops of lemon juice, vinegar. Immediately after watering, excess water should be drained, wetting of the roots provokes the appearance of rot.
In the heat to increase the humidity of the air should be added spraying the leaves. Next to the pot should be placed open containers with water. Also, to increase humidity, the soil in the pot is mulched with moist moss. Optimum humidity of air - 80 - 90%.
Lighting should be bright, but somewhat distant, scattered. Burns from direct sunlight on large leaves - brown spots.
It is advisable to choose the western and eastern parts of the house. From the scorching sun, windows are shaded by white paper or a light curtain. Northern arrangement of colors requires additional lighting with special lamps.
Due to lack of light, the plant does not form flower buds.
Ordinary garden soil is not suitable for a tropical flower. The mixture should be nutritious, acidified, friable, well permeable. For planting, you can use the finished mixture for orchids.
The composition of the soil mixture:
- Humus - 2 h.
- Leafy ground (whole wheat) - 1 hour
- Peat - 1 hour
- Sand - 1 hour
Drainage layer - broken brick, pieces of charcoal, moss - sphagnum.
Pruning is necessary for an adult flower to rejuvenate the bush. The procedure is carried out in early spring during transplantation.
- Cut side stalks along with roots for further reproduction.
- The tops of the shoots together with the air roots are cut for grafting.
- For long flowering faded buds are cut.
The central trunk with roots is not trimmed.
After pruning, watering should be reduced by 2 timesuntil new side rosettes of leaves form.
We offer to watch a video about rejuvenating Anthurium Andre bush:
Fertilize in spring and summer, the plant should be 1 every 10-14 days. In early spring you should feed the flowers with urea or ammonium nitrate. Nitrogen fertilizers contribute to the growth of leaves and stems.
During the formation of buds and the entire period of flowering, you should use complex mineral fertilizers, which include trace elements of zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron. It is recommended to use ready-made fertilizers for flowering plants and orchids.
Capacity during transplantation is selected in accordance with the size of the root. Anthurium Andre does not bloom in too large containers. The pot should be compact, not too deep.
Be sure to drain the holes at the bottom of the pot for access of air and outflow of water after watering.
Young flowers require an annual transplant. Adult bushes sit 1 time in 2 - 3 years for rejuvenation. Transplant is carried out in the spring.
- The top mulch layer is removed from the pot.
- Carefully removed the entire bush.
- Damaged roots and dry stems are trimmed.
- By transfer, the bush is placed in a new pot with a drainage layer up to 2 cm.
- Root sprinkled with new substrate.
- Earthen ball slightly compacted.
- Top surface is mulched with moss and peat.
In the winter months, Andre Anthurium enters a state of rest. In winter, the pots are rearranged in a cool place, the air temperature is 15 - 16 ° C.
The soil is moistened with care, the main thing is not to allow the earthen clod to dry out. Spraying the leaves in the winter should not be dust on the leaves is cleaned with a wet cloth once a week. During this period, it is necessary to feed the flowers with potassium and sodium humate 1 every 2 to 3 weeks through watering.
We offer to watch a video about home care for this plant:
- Part of the stem with air roots is separated from the mother bush.
- Dedicated parts are transplanted into separate small pots for rooting.
- Cut off the top shoots from the adult bush.
- The stem is divided into several parts, 5 - 7 cm.
- Spacious containers are used.
- Cuttings go deep into the soil.
- Greenhouse covered with foil.
- Rooting takes place within 3 to 4 weeks.
- Spathiphyllum Cupido. The height of the flower is about half a meter. The leaves are large, rich green color. The cover is wide, peaked, pale white.
- Spathiphyllum Picasso. The height of the bush - up to 40 cm. The leaves are long, shiny, pointed. The cover is volume, motley coloring.
- Alokaziya Klobuchkovaya. Leaves dense, wide. The cover is fleshy, the ear of medium length.
- Calla Marsh. The leaves are dark green, heart-shaped, smooth. Cob oblong. The cover is flat, white.
- Calla Elliott. It is distinguished by abundant flowering. The coverlet is bright yellow, long. Leaves are green with white splashes.
To grow a healthy and rich bush of Anthurium Andre, to achieve bright flowering, you should strictly adhere to the rules of care, observe the regime of dressings and conduct timely rejuvenation of the plant.
Location and lighting
Flower anthurium Andre does not like direct sunlight. It is recommended to place it on the windowsills from the east, northeast, west and northwest side of the house. The light should be diffused, and the place can be a penumbral. In the period from October to February, when there is not enough natural light, you can decorate plants with fluorescent lamps or phytolamps.
A high level of humidity is necessary for Andre Anthurium throughout the year (even during the rest period). To maintain it, it is recommended to conduct daily water procedures in the morning and evening hours in the form of sprays with warm water. An additional vessel with water, located next to indoor flowers, or a pallet with wet expanded clay also contributes to increased humidity.
The soil mix should be breathable. This requirement corresponds to the soil for growing orchids, which can be purchased at a specialty store. When preparing the mixture yourself, it is necessary to take one part of vermiculite and coarse river sand, two parts of crushed pine bark, coniferous, peat and sheet earth and a small amount of charcoal.
Flower capacity should be of small depth, but with a mandatory drainage layer (at least 3 cm) and additional holes on the walls.
Anthurium Andre - cultivation features
The tropical representative belongs to rather unpretentious plants, being allocated at the same time with the beautiful wax flowers presented by inflorescences - cobs wrapped in a cover, against the background of glossy sheet plates of a bright green color.
The most popular, which can be easily purchased in the store, are:
- Anthurium Andre Favorit - a variety that stands out for its large size (up to 90 cm in height) and inflorescences of pale lilac color with bright pink bracts.
- Anthurium Andre mix - varietal hybrids of the widest color palette with high decorative qualities, derived for cultivation solely as room representatives.
- Anthurium Andre Belize, known as "male happiness" - as popular wisdom says, if you present this flower as a gift to a single representative of the stronger sex, in the near future he will have a meeting with his second half. A characteristic feature of the variety is a red cover with a greenish border around the edge, wrapping a yellow spathe.
- Anthurium Andre Otazu - a variety with a dark red veil against the background of dark green leaf plates of a pointed shape will decorate any interior.
- Anthurium Andre Champion - a variety that has received an excellent mark for large leaves and white or pink bedspreads contrasting against their background, the color of which depends on the sub-grade.
Lighting and location
The best option for placing a pot with anthurium are window sills on the west or east side of the house, which will provide the plant with a large amount of soft light. At installation of capacity near a northern window additional lighting is organized. If the only possible place is the south side, the flower is placed in the middle of the room, where direct sunlight will not reach.
Anthurium Andre is not picky about the temperature regime and feels great in apartment conditions, where the value varies between 20-25 °. При понижении температурного режима ниже 18° замедляется развитие растения и наступает период покоя, который необходим зимой. Резкие температурные перепады негативно сказываются на иммунитете растения.
The main requirement of the flower to the soil is excellent water and air permeability, which can be achieved by purchasing a special orchid substrate or by preparing the soil mixture independently of vermiculite, river sand, crushed pine bark and leaf soil in a ratio of 1: 1: 2: 2.
Anthurium Andre during the active growing season is watered abundantly. However, the next portion of distilled water at room temperature is required only after the top layer of the substrate has dried to a depth of 2 cm. With a slowdown in growth, watering is reduced so as not to overwet the soil, which can lead to the development of rot.
Top dressing and fertilizer
Additional enrichment of the substrate with nutrients is carried out twice a month during intensive development. For dressings, liquid mineral fertilizers are used, the concentration of which when applied is reduced by half from that specified by the manufacturer.
Young copies of an exotic representative need an annual transplant. But over time, the interval between treatments increases to 3 years.
The anthurium is transplanted after leaving the state of rest as follows:
- A high plastic pot is selected, the diameter of which is 2 cm larger than the previous one.
- At the bottom is placed a drainage layer of expanded clay or broken brick.
- Anthurium by transshipment, in order not to damage the root system, is landed in a new container.
- The remaining space is filled with fresh substrate.
Pests ei possible diseases
Houseplant Anthurium Andre in violation of the rules of content is affected by harmful organisms
- Shchitovka and spider mite. These pests that attack the plant in low humidity should be controlled with an insecticide.
- Stem and root rot - diseases that develop as a result of systematic waterlogging or low temperatures. Treated fungicide in the early stages. With the strong development of the disease, the rhizome of the diseased plant is cleared of the substrate, after which all the affected areas are removed. The treated plant is planted in a new disinfected soil mixture.
When propagating the tip cuttings:
- Cuttings deepened in moistened sand.
- The container with the landings is covered with a glass bell and moves into a bright room with a temperature of 22-25 ° C.
- The cap is regularly removed for ventilation and humidification.
- After the formation of the roots of the new plants are seated in individual pots.
The procedure is carried out during transplantation.
- The offsprings are separated from the maternal specimen and planted in separate containers with a special substrate.
- If the root system of the shoot is not sufficiently developed, rooting is carried out in moistened sand while creating greenhouse conditions.
- After full rooting young plants are seated.
Why the plant does not bloom, the leaves turn yellow?
When growing anthurium, there are often problematic situations associated with non-compliance with basic care requirements.
- Leaf plates dry up - the main cause of the process is the presence of pests or lack of moisture.
- The leaves turn yellow - the problem may be the result of excessive soil moisture, as well as a lack of light, which can be solved by installing a phytolamp as an artificial source of illumination.
- The tips of the leaf plates blacken. These are the first manifestations that signal an excess of calcium. The concentration of fertilizer is reduced by half.
- The spotting on the leaf plates is evidence of an excess of moisture leading to the development of fungal diseases.
- The representative of the tropics does not bloom - the main reason lies in the absence of a dormant period during which buds are laid. Also, the lack of flowers may be due to the lack of nutrients in the substrate and the need to replace it.
Thus, if all the necessary requirements are met, the florist will become the owner of an elegant decoration of his home, which will caress the eyes with bright flowers and lush greenery for a long period of time. A little care will allow you to enjoy the microclimate of the tropics, without leaving your own home.