The article speaks of a burnet, discussing the healing properties of a plant, its use in traditional medicine, indications and contraindications for use. You will learn how to use grass burns in gynecology, with colitis, pancreatitis, diarrhea and dysbiosis, as well as for the treatment and prevention of cancer.
Burnet drug, or pharmacy, or glandular (lat. Sanguisorba officinalis) - a perennial herb of the genus Pepe-burner of the family Pink.
In Russian, the burnet has a large number of synonyms. Folk names of the medicinal plant: bloodfurters, blood burn, vypadoshna grass, bedrenets, coals, Gryzhnik, rollers, pellets, ragus, red roots, meadow, bloodsucker, arsenic, ogoroshnik, cap, catarrh, ryadovik, rod, ryadik, rash, ryadovnik, ostrovik, cat cold, ryadovik, rod, rash, rash, rash, rash, rastvikov, ryatovik, pateryk , silver leaf, owl's arrow, scoot, pozhache potion, ugri, Chernogolovka, black grasses, nipples.
How does it look
The burnet has a thick horizontal rhizome, up to 12 cm long, woody, with numerous long and thin, fibrous roots.
Burnet photo: Appearance (photo) of a burnet A single stalk branches in the upper part, it is ribbed, bare, upright, hollow inside, up to 30–90 cm high.
Basal leaves are large, long-petiolate, pinnate with 7−25 leaves. The lower leaves are dull gray-green, at the top of which they are replaced by shiny dark green leaves.
The burnet has small, dark red flowers, sometimes black-purple. Gather in oval, sometimes spike-shaped heads. The length of each head is 1-3 cm, they are located on long straight peduncles. Flowers bisexual with brown-membranous, hairy elongated bracts. The calyx consists of 4 sepals, which fall during the fruit, there is no halo. Each flower has 4 stamens and 1 pistil. The burnet blooms from July to August.
Fruits - single-seed tetrahedral dried nuts, 3–3.5 mm long, brown in color. Fruits in the period from August to September. Also burnet - honey.
The burnet has a fairly extensive habitat. The grass is distributed throughout Europe, in North America, in the temperate climate of East Asia, some regions of Central Asia. In Russia, it can be found in the Middle Belt, in Siberia, in the Far East and in the mountains of the Caucasus. In the Vologda, Ivanovo and Kostroma regions listed in the Red Book.
Burnet prefers moist soil. It grows in flood plains, forest edges, cliffs, in thickets, along rivers and swamps.
Rhizomes of burnet
For therapeutic and prophylactic purposes they use rhizome and burnet roots.. Next, we describe the nutrients that are part of the medicinal raw materials, and which determine its useful properties. Burnet roots
- essential oil,
- gallic and ellagic acids,
Useful properties of the burnet:
The burnet as a strong astringent is used in diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.. Apply root burnet for diarrhea and dysbiosis. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, medicinal herb burnet helps in the treatment of gastritis. Also use the burnet with gastric ulcer.
The burnet is known as a hemostatic agent. Drugs based on it are taken for hemorrhoidal and uterine bleeding. The burner is useful for women. It is used to treat many gynecological diseases. But since the plant has contraindications and side effects, you first need to familiarize yourself with the instructions for the use of the burnet and consult with your doctor.
Antiseptic and bactericidal properties of the burnet allow the use of grass for the treatment of colds. Use burnet with angina. The healing properties of the plant contribute to the treatment of skin diseases and the rapid tightening of external ulcers and wounds.
Take the burnet in cancer. The use of tincture of the burnet helps to stop the division of cancer cells and slow the growth of the tumor.
You have learned from what helps burner. Next, we describe how to collect and harvest the roots of a plant for medicinal purposes.
How to collect
Harvested raw materials in the period from late August to September, dig out the rhizome completely, growths are not chopped off. The roots are cleaned from the ground and washed with water.
Clean roots cut into pieces up to 15 centimeters in length and leave in the open air for several hours. Next, the raw material is dried under the open sun in dry and warm weather. If the weather is wet, the roots of the burnet are dried in the attic, scattering on paper or burlap in one layer. For quick drying, the raw materials can be prepared in an electric dryer or oven with the door open, setting a temperature no higher than 40 degrees.
The shelf life of raw materials - 5 years. It is necessary to store dry roots of burnet in wooden boxes or paper bags in a dark and dry place.
How to apply
We make decoctions and infusions from the burnet. We told about the indications for the use of the burnet, in this section we give recipes of folk remedies for the treatment of gynecological diseases, diarrhea, colitis, oncology, pancreatitis, hemorrhoids and dysbacteriosis.
Medications in gynecology
Burnet medicinal use in gynecology is quite extensive. It is used for painful menstruation, myoma, endometriosis. Helps the grass burnet in uterine bleeding.
The use of the root burn with heavy menstruation and uterine bleeding is carried out by using the infusion of a plant mixed with other herbs.
- Burnet root - 1 part.
- The roots of the mountain snake - 1 part.
- Shepherd's grass bag - 1 piece.
- Plantain leaves - 1 part.
- Rose hips - 1 part.
- Licorice roots - 1 part.
- Boiling water - 2 cups.
How to cook: Mix all the ingredients and take 1 tablespoon of raw materials. Pour boiling water. Insist means all night in a thermos. Strain.
How to use: Take the infusion 4−5 times a day for a quarter cup. How many days to drink a burner? The course of treatment lasts 2−3 months.
Result: Learning how to take a burnet with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine bleeding can solve the problem in a few months. Tincture of the burnet helps to normalize the menstrual cycle and stops bleeding.
Burning in endometriosis, myoma and uterine fibroids are taken as a decoction with a boron uterus.
- Burnet - 1 tablespoon.
- Borovaya uterus - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 200 ml.
How to cook: Fill the grass with boiling water and put on a slow fire. Tomite 30 minutes, then strain.
How to use: Take this tea of burnet and boron uterus and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. How much can you burn a burner? The recommended course of treatment is 1-2 months. Before use, be sure to consult a doctor.
Result: Broth suppresses the inflammatory process and pain, promotes rapid recovery.
In the pharmacy, you can purchase a balm with a pine womb and burned skin for women. The drug helps not only in the treatment of gynecological diseases, but also cleans the blood vessels, fights infections, improves the functioning of the reproductive system. Balsam with boron uterus and burnet reviews has mostly positive.
Decoction of diarrhea (with diarrhea)
A burnet for diarrhea in adults is taken as a decoction.
- Burnet roots - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over the roots of the burnet, put on a slow fire, bring to a boil and boil for 40 minutes. Strain before use.
How to use: Drink decoction for diarrhea, drink 1 tablespoon 5-6 times a day, diluting in 50 ml of water. How to drink a burnet correctly? Shoot a drink before eating. During the period of treatment, follow a sparing diet, exclude the use of fatty and spicy foods, raw vegetables and fruits. Since diarrhea causes dehydration, drink more water - at least 30 ml per 1 kg of weight. If you have kidney or cardiovascular diseases, drink water without exceeding this dosage.
ResultA decoction of the burnet normalizes the activity of the stomach and intestines.
Broth with colitis
The burner helps with colitis. For the treatment of this disease is preparing a decoction.
- Burnet roots - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over raw materials. Put on a slow fire, bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes. Insist ready decoction 2 hours. Strain.
How to use: Take 1 tablespoon up to 5 times a day.
Result: Reduces the severity of intestinal colic, relieves spasm.
Widespread use was received burnet in oncology. Broths and infusions of plant roots are used to treat external and internal malignant tumors, including helps burnet in breast cancer.
- Burnet roots - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Fill the roots of burnet water and put on a low fire. Bring to a boil and boil for 30 minutes. Ready decoction insist 4 hours. Strain before use.
How to use: Take the medicine 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. With external forms of oncology, do with a decoction of lotion, putting them on the affected areas.
Result: The infusion stops the division of cancer cells and slows the growth of the tumor.
Infusion with pancreatitis
The use of rhizomes of burnet is important in case of pancreatitis. For the treatment of this disease, the plant is mixed with knotweed and elecampane.
- Burnet - 3 g.
- Sporysh - 5
- Nine - 10
- Boiling water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over raw materials, leave for 2 hours in a warm place. Strain before use.
How to use: Take 250 ml 30 minutes before meals.
Result: The burnet in pancreatitis relieves inflammation and improves the pancreas.
Burnroot root is used for hemorrhoids. The plant is included in the compound candle recipe for treating a disease.
- The roots of burnet - 5 g.
- Cocoa butter - 20 g.
- Oil pumpkin seeds - 3-4 drops.
- Propolis tincture - 2 drops.
- Peppermint essential oil - 1 drop.
- Chamomile essential oil - 1 drop.
How to cook: Melt cocoa butter in a water bath, add shredded burnet and other oils. Pour the mixture into the foil tubes, twist on both sides and put in the refrigerator.
How to use: Use candles with a burnet once, put them on overnight. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Result: The use of the burned-on burnet for hemorrhoids helps to relieve inflammation and stop bleeding.
Decoction of dysbiosis
Apply a burnet to dysbacteriosis after antibiotics. A decoction of the roots of the plant normalizes the intestinal microflora and improves digestion.
- The roots of burnet - 15 g
- Boiling water - 200 ml.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over the roots of the burnet and put on low heat, boil for 20 minutes. Ready broth insist for 1 hour. Strain before use.
How to use: Take 1 tablespoon of decoction up to 6 times a day.
ResultA decoction of the burnet restores the microflora in the intestine, destroys pathogenic bacteria.
You can also purchase the root burnet in sachets, instructions for use:
- Fill 3 packets of filter with a glass of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 30 minutes.
- Insist another half hour.
- Divide the decoction into 4 doses.
How long can you drink a burner - for 1-2 months.
Broth for babies
Prepare the burnet for the infant according to the following recipe.
- Chopped roots of burnet - 2 teaspoons.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Boil the roots of the plant with boiling water, boil for 30 minutes over low heat, do not insist. Strain before use.
How to use: Decoction for baby’s infestation with diarrhea, give 25 drops 3-4 times a day.
Result: Decoction of burnet normalizes stools, eliminates intestinal colic.
What to remember
- Now you know how to brew the root of a burnet. Based on it, you can make decoctions and infusions.
- Take a burner in the indicated dosages.
- Before using folk remedies based on plants, read the contraindications and consult your doctor.
Please support the project - tell about us
Features of the burnet drug
The plant belongs to the wild, with scattered populations. Since 1952, part of the State Pharmacopoeia of the Soviet Union. At present, there are no centralized plantations; harvesting is carried out in areas of natural growth.
Burnet drug. Botanical illustration from the book “The Bilder ur Nordens Flora” by K. A. M. Lindman, 1917–1926.
Perennial grass is a member of the Rosaceae family. It has a compact but thick rhizome growing to twelve centimeters. Its surface is woody, covered with numerous fibrous roots, diverging from the main rhizome in different directions. Often on the main root flows are observed in the form of shapeless formations covered with a dense crust.
From the root of the stem leaves a height of twenty centimeters. With sufficient soil moisture, the stem grows to one meter. At the root is usually observed one stalk, although sometimes it forks from the base. Stem erect, naked, with visible ribs. In the upper part it is covered with small, oblong-shaped leaflets with teeth on the edges.
Independent leaves depart from the root. They are large, with long petioles, consisting of seven, less often a larger number of leaves in an odd number. The outer part of the leaves is intensely green, the reverse is gray, pale. Along the edges are colored red with characteristic notches.
During the flowering period the main stem is crowned with flowering heads. In each of them there are groups of small flowers of rich red color. Petals with hairs, from which the heads look hairy. Flowering lasts from July to August, after which the grass burns into the fruiting phase.
Fruits are formed from flower boxes, which are compacted and turned into closed "nuts". By the end of September, they dry up, acquire a rich brown color. Each nut contains one seed.
Geography and distribution
In nature, the plant is able to actively reproduce, creating thickets and large populations. Optimal conditions for it are concentrated in a temperate climate zone. The burnet pharmacy grows in Siberia and regions of the Far East.
It prefers forest, forest-steppe zones, but can also occur in steppes. Minor populations recorded in the Caucasus. It grows both on well-moistened soil on the banks of rivers and in marshland, and in areas with a lack of moisture. Find abundant populations of culture can be on the cliffs, glades, shrub thickets.
Due to the fact that the medical use of the burnet is typical for the peoples of Siberia and the Far East, the culture population in these regions is limited and is declining. In some regions of Russia, it is listed in the Red Book. In the Ivanovo, Vologda and Kostroma regions harvesting is prohibited.
Collecting and harvesting
As a medicinal raw material used rhizomes and roots of the burnet. Harvesting is carried out during the fruiting period. The optimal time is the period when seed pods have already formed in place of flowers, but have not yet fully dried out. Collection time is at the end of August - September.
Root burned root burn completely, including the main rhizome and small roots. Overflows are not chopped off. Raw materials are cleared from the soil, washed in cold water, and the elements of the aerial part of the plant are removed. Then the roots are cut into pieces no longer than fifteen centimeters and left to hang out in the open air for several hours.
Dry the raw materials to readiness under the open sun in dry and hot weather. If the weather is wet, clean in the attics, where scattered on paper or burlap in a single layer. You can dry the rhizome in the oven, setting the temperature to no more than forty degrees. It is important to cover the metal trays with parchment paper, avoiding contact of the raw material with iron. From such a contact, the medicinal root turns black.
The herbaceous part is not used for medicinal purposes, but is eaten fresh. Add to salads and soups.
Composition and properties
The widespread use of the drug burnet in folk medicine is due to its rich chemical composition. The main active substances recognized tannins. These are tannins of the pyrogallic group, which have a pronounced anti-inflammatory and astringent effect.
At a maximum concentration of up to twenty-three percent, they accumulate in the influxes of the root zone. Slightly less — up to seventeen percent of them are found in thin roots, and only a thirteen percent is concentrated in a mostly massive rhizome.
Also in the root composition, steroids, organic acids, saponins, and vitamin C were isolated. In the leaves and flowers, flavanoids and a significant amount of ascorbic acid were found.
The composition of the culture provides its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. Studies conducted by a Soviet biologist, Professor Boris Tokin, have shown that the active substances of the root system have the highest activity against microorganisms of the dysentery and paratyphoid groups. So when exposed to the extract of the burnet on paratyphoid microbes, their complete destruction occurs within fifteen minutes. Dysentery microorganisms die even faster - within five minutes.
- When used internally, the extract affects the trophism of some tissues. Observed inhibition of intestinal motility and contraction of the muscles of the uterus.
- When used externally, the extract increases the intensity of metabolism in tissues, and accelerates blood circulation. In the experiment with hyperemia of the skin, manifested by saturation of the tissues with blood as a result of thermal exposure or impact, the application of a tissue dipped in the decoy of the burnet triple increased the resorption rate of the edema.
The composition of the plant provides the possibility of its widespread use in the treatment of a number of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, bleeding, and gynecology. Due to the specific effect of the burnet on the muscles of the uterus, pregnancy is a contraindication to its use.
The use of plants in traditional medicine
Indications for the use of burnet include the following states:
- bleeding of various nature, including uterine, gastrointestinal, hemorrhoidal, pulmonary and others,
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially dysentery, diarrhea,
- inflammatory diseases of the skin, mucous membranes and soft tissues, including in gynecological practice, dentistry, and otolaryngology.
The main dosage forms in which the burnet is effective, according to reviews, are decoction of the roots and alcohol tincture.
For the same reason, phytotherapeutists do not recommend making fees from medicinal herbs and burnet root. During the boiling period, the valuable substances in the grassy parts of the plants almost completely disintegrate, while the root becomes active. If you need to prepare a combination drug, according to herbalists, add a spoonful of decoction of the root to the already prepared herbal extract.
Broth for internal use
It is used as an effective remedy for dysentery and diarrhea for children and adults. The use of the decoction of the burnet not only reduces the contractile activity of the intestine and has an astringent effect, but also fights with the causative agent of the disease, ensuring a quick recovery. In official medicine, it is prescribed for diarrhea caused by intoxication of the body, gastritis, pathogenic microorganisms.
- Place two tablespoons of chopped raw material into the container. Roots finely enough to break.
- Fill with cold water of five hundred milliliters.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for thirty minutes on the lowest heat. It is important to prevent active boiling.
- Cool, strain.
Instructions for use include recommendations for ingestion five times a day. Adults should take a tablespoon of money, children, depending on age and weight, from a few drops to a teaspoon. For babies over a year old and up to three years old, they are prescribed a tsp. Children under the year decoction is not contraindicated, the dosage is one milliliter per dose (about thirty drops).
When treating diarrhea, the effect comes quickly, but herbalists recommend sticking to therapy even after improving the condition. The course of treatment is ten days.
Alcohol tincture for internal use
It is used as a hemostatic agent for women in the period of heavy menstruation, with hemoptysis, rush of blood to the head during hypertensive crises. Effective with hemorrhoidal bleeding, with thrombosis of the vessels of the legs. Relieves inflammation of the tissues of the digestive tract with enterocolitis, cholecystitis. It constricts blood vessels, reduces the risk of abundant blood loss, stroke. At the same time has an anticonvulsant and analgesic effect.
- Chop finely the root, use three tablespoons.
- Fill with alcohol of two hundred and fifty milliliters, with a strength of forty percent.
- Leave it for twenty-one days.
Take the alcohol tincture inside of thirty to fifty drops three times a day.
Alcohol tincture for external use
Used for external treatment of the skin, mucous membranes in inflammatory processes. It is used not in pure form, but with diluted water.
- Place the roots in a one-liter jar, filling it two-thirds.
- Fill with alcohol Fortress forty percent to the top.
- Leave it in a dark place for twenty one days.
From the initial volume, you will receive one hundred fifty milliliters of tincture for the treatment of inflammation on the skin and in the oral cavity. It is diluted at the rate of one teaspoon per half glass of water. Apply to the affected areas of skin in the form of lotions, used for rinsing the throat, mouth.
Broth for external treatments
The benefits of grass burnet are significant in gynecological practice and dermatology. For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the vagina, including vaginitis and colpitis caused by pathogenic microflora, a decoction of the roots is used.
- Place two tablespoons of raw materials in the container.
- Fill with two hundred milliliters of water.
- Walk for thirty minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- Strain, pour in warm boiled water of one and a half liters.
In diluted form, the decoction is used for vaginal douching for inflammation. In undiluted form, it effectively helps in the treatment of inflamed wounds and cuts.
Medicinal properties and contraindications of the herb burnet allow its wide use in medicine. The plant is not toxic, its dosage forms can be used to treat children in the first year of life. It effectively copes with dangerous conditions: diarrhea, including infectious nature, bleeding. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action, therefore, recommended in gynecological practice, for external treatments of the skin and oral cavity.
General characteristics of the plant
This plant is a perennial and belongs to the family Rosaceae. It grows to 80, rarely up to 120 cm. Thanks to a well-developed root system, it is the root that is the main therapeutic agent. The stalk of the burnet is long and thin, branching at the top, with basal leaves that differ in shape, resembling feathers. They are unpaired and long-petioled. The flowers are red, but almost dark, because the plant calls it a redheaded or blackheaded. They grow on long stalks, and collected in the head. Flowering occurs in June - August.
It is not afraid of a burner of any weather cataclysms, even severe cold. It can be grown on any soil, so it is more readily sown for industrial purposes - it will grow without problems, the main thing is to plant the seeds in the ground, well saturated with moisture.
His genus burnet continues with the help of seeds. As a raw material, the plant begins to be harvested in the autumnal season, mostly trying to gather roots, but flowers also benefit the health of people. They are used in various teas, especially if there are minor disorders of the digestive system.
What are the beneficial properties of the plant
- a variety of tannins,
- many trace elements
- in small doses essential oils,
But the leaves are not far behind in the content of nutrients. There are flavonoids and vitamin C, so sometimes the leaves are used instead of the roots.
The resulting preparations have many positive qualities:
- can stop any bleeding
- have wound healing and astringent properties,
- act as a painkiller and antispastic.
Have a pronounced bactericidal effect against Escherichia coli. And also to microbes that belong to the dysentery and paratyphoid groups.
Doctors readily use the quality of redheads when patients complain about:
- Diarrhea, and caused by the most diverse etiology.
- Enterocolitis is chronic or acute.
- Colitis - ulcerative nonspecific.
- Internal bleeding or uterine.
Dysentery The plant acquires special value if the patient does not take chemical preparations. In addition to the burnet, antibiotics are used.
Cholecystitis. In the treatment of this disease, a 10% decoction of the root is used, giving the patient 15 ml 3-4 times a day. If the disease form was giardous, the doctors suggested a 33 percent decoction, which is injected with a 100 ml duodenal probe. The course of therapy ranges from 3 to 8 injections, as recommended by the doctor. A few months rational course to pass again.
Treatment with the use of burnet
- The plant shows its unique properties in the treatment of non-healing wounds and burns, sore throat and stomatitis.
- With the help of douching and injected tampons, trichomonas colpitis can be treated. For these purposes, a 20% infusion of burnet roots should be used. If bacterial colpitis is used, douching is used, but a decoction is made for its treatment, spreading it in a liter of boiled water. The procedure is carried out several times a day.
- The most active use of a woman’s plant is if they have too much bleeding, for example, after an abortion. To stop the pathological process, take a tablespoon of finely chopped root and boil. The amount of water is 250 ml. It is necessary to accept, strictly following a dose: on 15 ml, three times a day. This decoction also helps those who suffer from hemorrhagic metropathy.
External use redheads
People come to the aid of drugs from blackheads, which are used only externally. In various cases, funds are needed for patients in whom:
- Acute purulent conjunctivitis. Use a decoction, it will be useful also for children.
- Slightly healing ulcers or wounds.
- Baths and microclysters are necessary for hemorrhoids.
- For the oral cavity a positive impact will have a decoction if inflammatory processes have appeared. When I start to get sick gums, they are smeared with tincture made from burnet.
- To heal faster bruises and abrasions, bruises, use poultices. To do this, 3 - 4 tablespoons of herbs are scalded with boiling water, and then wrapped in gauze or thin cotton fabric, and applied to the sore spot.
- Using a decoction made according to this recipe, boil 2 tablespoons of chopped roots in 0.5 liters of water, make washings, lotions or compresses, if there are inflammatory processes on the skin, wounds bleed and rot, sores have developed, trophic ulcers or weeping eczema.
- To microclysters and douching benefit, make the following solution at home: 15 ml of tincture mixed with 200 - 200 ml of distilled water. Effective for microclysters and tampons is a 20 percent decoction of the roots with the addition of vegetable oil.
Medical folk medicine
Healers appreciate the plant for its healing properties and also use it to treat many diseases. The burnet is taken in case of severe diarrhea and various food products poisoning, if severe pains occur in the abdominal cavity and flatulence bothers me.
The root contains substances that can extinguish a bactericidal infection and eliminate diarrhea. Moreover, thanks to the healing properties of the herb, the intestinal function is quickly restored, and the patient will feel much better in the shortest possible time.
For many women, redneck is a salvation if uterine contraction does not occur, especially after an abortion, or if severe bleeding has occurred, the appendages and ovaries are inflamed, the uterus in fibromyosis or cervical erosion threatens to degenerate into a malignant formation.
- The most popular is the recipe used by those people who have experienced bleeding. Take a spoonful of chopped roots and a glass of boiling water. Mixing, boil on fire for no longer than 10 minutes. Then the product should be well wrapped and left for an hour. After filtering is accepted. You can 5 - 6 times a day. Dose - 1 tablespoon.
- The bleeding stops and after such a remedy: take the extract in liquid form three times a day, 5 ml each or 50 drops. It is permissible, if necessary, to give children, but the dose in this case is from 15 to 25 drops.
- With diarrhea use burnet so. 1 - 2 tablespoons of dried herbs insist in 0.5 liters of cooled boiled water. After 8 hours, treatment can begin. Accepted by the means of a quarter cup, 4 times a day. Drink before meals.
- In the pharmacy, you can purchase a burnet in the form of Menzies tincture. She quickly stops bleeding, and is ready for use. But at home it is possible to repeat the pharmacy prescription and prepare your own similar medicine. You need to have 20 - 30 grams. crushed roots, which are poured to choose from - or a glass of alcohol, or a glass of vodka. Leave in a dark place for 14 days, and only then use. It is allowed to take only a tablespoon, 5 - 6 times a day. This tincture is especially useful in the most diverse types of bleeding and if inflammation occurs in the mouth and throat.
- 2 - 3 teaspoons of meadow geranium,
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of knotweed herb,
- 2 - 4 tablespoons of horsetail grass.
All measured components are mixed, filled with 1.5 liters of water. It should be cooked for 20 minutes, no more. 3 - 4 tablespoons of herbs such as St. John's wort, shepherd's purse, nettle, corn silk, eucalyptus leaves and plantain leaves, yarrow and cherry stem are added to the finished decoction. Again, everything goes to the stove, but on a very small fire and just two minutes. After the drug mixture is infused for an hour, you can begin treatment. Drink 100 or 200 ml before meals 3 or 4 times a day. This remedy is hemostatic and astringent.
Various extracts are also made with burnet. If the bleeding is internal, pharmacy extract is used inside, but with external bleeding, bandages and compresses soaked in decoction are used. Additionally, when uterine bleeding is most often treated with tampons that are saturated with solution. Do not forget about douching.
What are the contraindications
If you do not follow all the warnings and use the blackhead without a break for a long time, the pressure may increase and there will be a danger of vasoconstriction. Because the use of plants is better to avoid people with high blood pressure and problems with blood vessels.
Do not use the plant in pregnant women inside, can only be used for dangerous skin lesions - in the form of a compress.
The use of burnet in gynecology
Due to the hemostatic and anti-inflammatory effects and therapeutic properties, the burnet drug is used in gynecology in the treatment of women, namely:
- uterine bleeding,
- heavy periods,
- with inflammation of the appendages and ovaries,
- in the post abortion period,
- with uterine fibroids and cervical erosion.
Also, herbal teas are used for douching.
Treatment of diarrhea in children
Burnet grass is recognized as an excellent remedy for diarrhea in children due to its healing properties. Possessing a pronounced antidiarrheal and bactericidal effect, the substances that make up the grass are able to quickly restore the bowels, thereby improving the patient's condition after poisoning.
Decoction and tincture of herbs have a bactericidal effect on intestinal sticks, therefore, they are used in the treatment of dysentery as an additional agent. It is possible to treat both adults and children.
Broth burn for bleeding
Pharmaceutical burnet, or as it is called Menzisa tincture, can stop any bleeding. When internal bleeding is taken pharmaceutical extract of the plant for 30-50 drops 3 times a day. When outdoor - dressings are applied, moistened in the decoction of herbs.
When uterine bleeding additionally used tampons moistened in the solution of burnet or douching.
At home, the decoction is prepared quite simply: Take 2 tablespoons of chopped root and pour a glass of boiling water, then insist for 2-3 hours. If you need to quickly prepare the broth you need: 2 tablespoons pour a glass of water and boil on low heat for about 30 minutes, then cool and use. Ready broth to take a quarter of a glass 4 times a day, that is, during the day, drink the prepared mixture, as it is not stored longer than 12 hours.
Как пить отвар при беременности?
Корень кровохлебки с особой осторожностью применяется при беременности. Despite the contraindication when using tinctures of the plant during pregnancy, it is allowed to use it externally for various skin lesions or in those cases when the doctor allows for the use of the drug in small doses. In any case, it is always necessary to consult a doctor.
What treats tincture of burnet?
In pharmacology, Menzisa tincture is widely used, which is sold in any pharmacy. But it is easy to prepare and at home. There is a special recipe for this: 20-30 grams are taken. crushed plant roots and filled with a glass of vodka or diluted alcohol. The resulting mixture is infused for two weeks, after which it is taken strictly according to its intended purpose, following the instructions, that is, 1 tablespoon 5-6 times a day, but no more, so as not to harm the body. This tincture treats various bleedings, and is also used when rinsing the mouth and throat during inflammatory processes.
Burnet Root: Benefit and Harm
In medicine, for the production of medicines are mainly used roots and rhizomes, which are more concentrated all the beneficial substances. Even a small use of infusions and decoctions of the root or extract of burnet benefits the entire gastrointestinal tract, restores the disturbed intestinal motility, has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. With long-term reception of funds on the basis of a Chernogolovnik, an increase in blood pressure and narrowing of blood vessels can be observed.
Planting and care
The plant does not require special care and is frost-resistant, so it is grown on any soil in the garden or cottage. In nature, it is propagated by seeds, seeds are sown in the early spring in damp earth for industrial purposes. It grows in all weather conditions.
Preparation of raw materials is carried out in the fall, mainly for the preparation of balsams and tinctures used root and rhizome. Flowers are more often used for making tea, which in small doses has no contraindications, therefore it is suitable for young children in the treatment of even minor disorders of the digestive processes.
Collection and storage
The plant blooms only in the fourth - fifth year of life, in the period from June to August, while the fruits ripen from August to September. The fruit of the burnet is a small brown nut.
For therapeutic purposes, mainly used the roots and rhizomes of the burnet, harvested during the fruiting period, when the inflorescences become dark red.
It is extremely important to properly collect and dry the plant, for which you should follow the rules below:
1. In order to preserve the thickets, some part of the plants must be left - to resume reproduction (one or two plants per 10 square meters).
2. Secondary preparation of medicinal raw materials in one area is carried out 10 years later.
3. For digging a plant, a shovel with a gutter rounded blade is used, whereas it is impossible to pull a burnet out of the soil by the stems.
4. From the excavated roots and rhizomes, the earth and stems are removed, after which the medicinal raw materials are thoroughly washed in cold water. The washed raw material is laid out for drying, after which the remnants of the stems located at the base of the rhizomes are removed.
5. Dried raw material is cut into 20-centimeter strips and left to wither in fresh air, after which it is finally dried in the sun (the raw material can be dried in an oven or in a dryer, but always at a temperature of 45 degrees).
Important! It is impossible to dry the raw materials on metal baking sheets or gratings, since the plant may turn black - and, therefore, lose its healing properties.
The fact that the medicinal raw material is completely dried is indicated by the fragility of the roots (in an undiluted plant, the roots are bent and not broken).
The finished raw material has a dark brown color outside (the root break has a yellowish tint), astringent taste and lack of smell.
Dried roots and rhizomes are stored - about five years.
It is used as an enveloping agent in inflammatory processes occurring in the gastrointestinal tract.
- increased insulin secretion
- reducing cholesterol
- increased riboflavin synthesis by intestinal bacteria.
Starch has also been used in the treatment of skin diseases, because it has a wound-healing effect.
It is a natural immunostimulant and antioxidant, which increases the body's defenses and resists the adverse effects of free radicals.
- reducing the risk of cancer,
- regulation of protein synthesis,
- normalization of metabolism
- slowing the aging process
- the formation of bones and teeth.
This element is by right the most important component of the normal formation of bones and teeth.
- normalization of metabolism
- strengthening the body's defenses
- strengthening the cardiovascular system
- removal of inflammation
- decrease in permeability of vessel walls,
- regulation of the central nervous system.
- stress relief
- strengthening of the heart and blood vessels
- removal of inflammation
- elimination of toxins
- normalization of the parathyroid glands,
- strengthening bones.
- strengthening immunity
- participation in the formation of red blood cells
- synthesis of thyroid hormones,
- reduction of toxic effects of heavy metals.
- activates oxidation and reduction processes,
- activates the formation of bone and connective tissue
- normalizes the functioning of the female genital sphere,
- participates in the assimilation and transformation of carbohydrates,
- regulates lipid metabolism
- normalizes the work of the central nervous system.
- stimulates blood formation,
- participates in oxidation and reduction processes,
- increases the body's resistance to oxygen starvation,
- enhances the effects of antibiotics
- increases tissue regeneration capacity
- prevents the development of cancer,
- boosts immunity.
- regulates protein metabolism
- stimulates physical and mental activity,
- involved in cell renewal,
- promotes insulin synthesis
- reduces inflammation,
- activates the process of bone formation,
- strengthens the immune system
- prevents the development of allergic reactions.
- enhances the blood formation process,
- enhances the production of antibodies.
In addition, this element is necessary for the formation of vitamin D.
- regulates blood sugar, thereby preventing diabetes,
- participates in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism,
- transports sugar from the blood directly into the cells,
- prevents the development of cardiovascular diseases (in particular atherosclerosis),
- reduces the concentration of cholesterol,
- lowers blood pressure.
Relaxes the heart muscles.
The most important component of the antioxidant system that protects the body from cancer.
- prevention of liver disease,
- protection of cells from exposure to carcinogens,
- elimination of symptoms of menopause,
- normalization of the thyroid gland,
- providing a direct toxic effect on tumor cells,
- acceleration of wound healing.
- participates in the synthesis and functioning of such components as DNA, RNA, protein,
- stimulates blood formation,
- helps to reduce uterus,
- normalizes hormones.
Low toxic natural strontium is used in the treatment of osteoporosis, because it slows down the process of destruction of bone tissue. In addition, this element in optimal doses has a beneficial effect on metabolism.
- Increases oxygen consumption, and, therefore, the activity of enzymes,
- participates in general physical, mental and mental development,
- regulates the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, genital and musculoskeletal systems.
- normalizes hormonal metabolism,
- activates antiviral immunity,
- regulates reproductive processes
- prevents the development of cancer.
The use of burnet drug
The cardiovascular system:
- hypertension (only according to indications of the doctor),
- inflammation of the venous wall,
- inflammation of the blood vessel walls.
- gastrointestinal tract diseases of inflammatory and infectious etiology,
- stomach ulcer,
- ulcerative colitis,
- duodenal ulcer,
- chronic enterocolitis,
- Giardiasis cholecystitis.
- periodontal disease
- inflammation of the gum pockets.
- chronic tonsillitis.
- copious menstruation,
- uterine bleeding,
- bacterial vaginosis
- Trichomonas colpitis,
- cervical erosion.
- rectal fissures.
- seborrheic dermatitis,
Most often in medical practice, decoctions, tinctures, tinctures and extracts from the roots and rhizomes of the burnet drug are used.
In the therapeutic doses prescribed by the doctor, preparations of the burnet do not provoke any side effects.
With prolonged use of the burnet, increased blood coagulation and minor allergic reactions may occur.
With increased caution, preparations of the burnet are used in the following pathologies:
1. Acute blockage of a blood vessel by a blood clot that has come off the site of formation.
2. Hypertension (burnet narrows blood vessels).
3. Spasms of the brain, triggered by hypertension.
The intake of preparations of the burnet should be discontinued when constipation occurs, since they significantly slow down intestinal motility.
Burnet Root for Children
Decoction from the roots of burnet is used not only as a bactericidal agent against dysentery, but also as an anti-inflammatory agent in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the skin (in the form of lotions and compresses).
A decoction of the rhizomes and roots of the plant is used as an angiospastic, astringent, antispasmodic, bactericidal and hemostatic agent in the following pathologies:
- skin ulcers
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- oral diseases,
- purulent wounds,
Broth for cancer
1 tbsp. the raw material is poured with a glass of water and boiled over low heat for about half an hour, and then infused for 4 hours. The tool is used as lotions that are applied to the affected areas. You can also take a decoction inside, at the rate of 1 tbsp. three times a day.
With the help of this recipe, erosion and trichomonad colpitis can be cured, for which douching should be carried out daily, adhering to the following scheme:
1. 1 and 2 week - every day.
2. 3 and 4 week - every other day.
Important! During menstruation, treatment should be interrupted for several days (2 - 3 days before the beginning of menstruation, and the same days it is not recommended to douche after the end of the cycle).
A perennial burnet plant is included in Rosaceae group. It has compact, but thick rhizomes that grow to fifteen centimeters. The surface of this bush is woody, it is covered with multiple fibrous roots, which extend from the main root in different directions. Very often, on the main rhizome, one can observe swellings in the form of shapeless tumors that are covered with a dense crust.
The stem of the root moves to a height of 20 centimeters or more, with sufficient moisture of the earth can grow up to a meter. At the root, as a rule, one stalk is observed, but in some cases it splits from the base. Stem with visible ribs, bare, upright, covered on top of an oblong small leaves with teeth on each side.
Leaves independently move away from the root system. They have long petioles, large, consisting of seven, in rare cases - from a larger number of leaves. The outer part of the leaf plate is saturated green, the inner part is pale, gray. Edges with characteristic notchespainted red.
During flowering, the main stem of the plant is crowned with flowering heads. Each group contains small bright red flowers. Petals have small hairs, from this head seem shaggy. Blossoming lasts from the middle to the end of summer, then the burnet goes into the fruiting stage.
Fruits begin to form from the boxes of flowers, they are compacted and turn into closed "nuts". By the middle of autumn, the fruits wither, acquire a rich brown color. In each nut is one seed.
Distribution and geography
Under natural conditions, the plant can actively reproduce, creating extensive populations and thickets of them. The best conditions for it are in the temperate zone.
Pharmacist burnt grows in the Far East and Siberia. It prefers forest-steppe and forest zones, but can grow in steppes. Small populations were found in the Caucasus. It grows both in swampy areas and on well-moistened land along river banks, and in regions with a lack of moisture. You can see abundant populations of this plant on shrub thickets, glades, cliffs.
Due to the fact that the medical use of the burnet is typical of peoples Far East and Siberia, plant population in these regions is declining and limited. In some regions of Russia, this grass is listed in the Red Book. In the Kostroma, Vologda and Ivanovo regions harvesting is prohibited.
Procurement and collection
Roots and rhizomes of burnet are used as a medical raw material. Harvesting produced during fruiting. The best time is the period when seed pods have already formed in place of flowers, but have not yet fully dried out. Collection time - August-September.
The root of the plant is completely excavated, including small roots and the main rhizome. Nodules and growths are not chopped off. Raw materials are cleaned from the ground, washed in cool water, remove the elements of the aerial parts. After the roots are cut into pieces no larger than 15 cm and left to wallow in the open air for a couple of hours.
Raw materials are dried up under the open sun in hot and dry weather. If the weather is wet, transferred to attics: here in one layer scattered on sackcloth or paper. You can dry the roots in the oven by setting the temperature to no more than 40 degrees. Moreover, it is important to iron iron trays covered with parchment paper, not allowing the raw material to come into contact with the metal. From this contact, the healing root begins to turn black.
Raw materials can be used for 5 years, because it retains healing properties. But the most important thing is that it is important for him to ensure the right storage conditions, which requires a dry room without light. Rhizomes are laid in wooden boxes or paper bags.
For medicinal purposes, the herbaceous part is not used, but fresh is consumed in food, added to soups and salads.
Properties and composition
In folk medicine, the widespread use of burnet is explained by its rich composition. The main active substances are tannins. These are tannins that have pronounced astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
In the greatest concentration up to 23%, they accumulate in the influxes of roots. Slightly less - up to 17% of them are located in thin roots and only up to 13% - in the main a massive root.
The root composition also contains organic acids, steroids, vitamin C and saponins. A large amount of ascorbic acid and flavanoids was found in flowers and leaves.
The composition of the burnet varies with the area of growth. This conclusion was made by scientists from the Kazan University in research processwhich was carried out in 2016. It was proved that on poor soils the burnet stores more active ingredients, and on rich soils it loses the concentration of useful substances.
The composition of the plant provides its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. Studies conducted by a Soviet professor and biologist Boris Tokin have shown that the active elements of the rhizome are highly active in relation to the microorganisms of the paratyphoid and dysenteric groups. So, during the exposure of a plant extract to paratyphoid microbes, they are destroyed within 15 minutes. Dysenteric bacteria die even faster - for 5 minutes.
During internal use, the hood acts on the trophism of certain tissues. There is a contraction of the muscles of the uterus and inhibition of intestinal motility.
During external use, the extract accelerates blood circulation, increases the intensity of metabolism in tissues. In the experiment with hyperemia of the skin, which is manifested by the saturation of tissues with blood due to impact or thermal action, the application of tissue dipped in the decoction of the plant, 3 times increased the resorption rate of puffiness.
The composition of the burnet allows it to be widely used in the treatment of a number of gynecological diseases, bleeding, and gastrointestinal diseases. Because of the specific effect of the plant on the muscles of the uterus, pregnancy is a contraindication to its use.
Use in traditional medicine
Indications for use of the plant include such states:
- inflammatory processes of soft tissues, mucous membranes and skin, including in otolaryngology, dentistry, gynecological practice,
- infectious inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract, especially diarrhea and dysentery,
- bleeding of different etiology, including gastrointestinal, uterine, pulmonary, hemorrhoidal, etc.
Broth for internal use
Used as an effective remedy for diarrhea and dysentery for adults and children. Acceptance of decoction from this plant not only has an astringent effect and reduces the contractile activity of the intestine, but also fights against pathogen, providing the fastest recovery. In traditional medicine, it is prescribed for diarrhea, which is caused by pathogenic microorganisms, gastritis, intoxication of the body.
- In a container lay 2 tbsp. l ground raw materials. The rhizome of grass is enough just finely to break.
- Add cold water in a volume of 500 ml.
- Then bring to a boil and simmer for half an hour over low heat. The most important thing is to avoid strong boiling.
- Cool and strain.
Instruction includes recommendations for use inside: 5 times daily. Adults need to take one tablespoon of the drug, children, taking into account weight and age, from a couple of drops to one teaspoon. For children aged more than one year and up to three years apply one teaspoonful of broth. For babies under one year old this tool is not contraindicated, the dose is 1 ml at a time (approximately 30 drops).
During the treatment of diarrhea, the effect is noted very quickly, but herbalists advise to adhere to this treatment after improving health. The course of therapy is approximately 10 days.
Tincture on alcohol for internal use
It is used for women in the role of hemostatic during heavy periods, during high blood rush to the head with hypertensive crises, with hemoptysis. Effective with thrombosis of the vessels of the legs, with hemorrhoidal bleeding. Removes the inflammatory process of the tissues of the digestive tract with cholecystitis, enterocolitis. Lowers the risk of stroke, profuse blood loss, constricts blood vessels. It has both analgesic and anticonvulsant effects.
- Finely break the grass root, use 3 tbsp. l
- Add 250 ml alcohol, 40% alcohol.
- Let it brew for 3 weeks.
- Use alcohol tincture inside for 30-50 drops three times a day.
Alcohol tincture for external use
It is used for external treatment of the skin, mucous membranes during the processes of inflammation. Used not in pure form, but diluted with water.
- Grass roots put in a liter bottle, filling it at 2/3.
- Add alcohol to the top with a strength of 40%.
- Let it stand in a dark place for 3 weeks.
From this volume you get 150 ml of tincture for the treatment of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and on the skin. It is diluted in relation to 1 tsp 0.5 cups of water. Apply in the form of lotions to the affected skin, used for rinsing the mouth.
Broth for external use
The use of this plant is significant in dermatology and gynecological practice for the treatment of inflammation processes in the vagina, including colpitis and vaginitis, which are caused by pathogenic microflora.
- Take 2 tbsp. l raw materials.
- Add 200 ml of water.
- Walk for half an hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain, pour boiled warm water of 1.5 liters.
In diluted form, the decoction is used for vaginal douching during inflammatory processes. In undiluted form, it is good for treating sore cuts and wounds.
What is the burnet drug
This perennial herb belongs to the family of pink. The beneficial properties of the burnet were first discovered by Chinese traditional healers. A decoction of this plant narrows blood vessels, has anti-inflammatory effect. The burn burner begins in August, and rhizomes of grass are harvested in September. Ready dry medicinal raw materials can be purchased at the pharmacy. Together with him comes instructions for use. It contains information on how to properly prepare broths and compresses from a burnet.
Micronutrients, vitamins are concentrated in the rhizome and roots of burnet. This medicinal plant contains a large amount of tannins. The leaves of the grass consist of 0.92% of ascorbic acid. Depending on the range of growth, the burnet plant may contain nickel, selenium, barium, and strontium. They penetrate the grass through the soil and water. The following substances and vitamins can be found in the rhizomes and roots of the burnet;
- essential oil,
- ellagalovaya and gallic acid,
Rhizomes and roots of burnet
The healing properties of this part of the plant have been known for a long time. A decoction of the roots and rhizomes well helps with intestinal diseases. For inflammation of the uterus, grass extract can be used for douching. A decoction of rhizomes traditional healers use for lotions for hemorrhoids. He relieves bleeding, relieves local inflammation. When kolpita decoction of the roots is recommended to be used not only for douching, but also to take instead of tea several times a day.
Leaves and Stems
These parts of the plant are used by folk healers to make painful decoctions. Infusions of leaves and stems will help with uterine bleeding, heavy menstruation. It is used to treat gastric ulcers. Tea from the leaves of the pharmacy burnet will help to cope with the intestinal fungus. These parts of the plant are used to treat gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontal disease.
This part of the burnet is used in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory organs. Will help decoction of flowers to cope with dysentery. Outwardly decoction of this part of the plant is used for shallow wounds. It is also suitable for douching, rinsing. The fruits of burnet rarely used in its pure form. They are mixed with mint and other herbs with antiseptic properties.
Application in gynecology
The plant received wide distribution as a means of preventing uterine bleeding. The grass burner in gynecology is used for myomas and tumors of different etiologies. It helps to cope with inflammation. For the treatment of diseases used decoctions, tinctures, solutions for douching. Gynecologists prescribe a burnet for the treatment of the following diseases:
- cervical erosion,
- severe uterine bleeding,
- colpitis caused by trichomonads and protozoa bacteria
- fibroids of the uterus.
Instructions for use
To prepare the broth, 1 tablespoon of vegetable raw materials is poured with a glass of boiling water, and then heated for 30 minutes. Without waiting for the liquid to cool, filter it and squeeze the rest of the grass. After that, the volume of liquid is increased to 200 ml. The resulting mixture is divided into 4 parts. Before use, it is recommended to shake the decoction. Keep it to no more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
In chronic dysentery, a 10% decoy is prepared. Children under one year are given no more than 200 g of the drug per day. Patients older than 1 year should consume 300-400 g of broth per day. With gastrogenic, toxic diarrhea, children are given a tablespoon of medicinal decoction every 2 hours until signs of improvement occur. If a person has an allergy in contact with the prepared medicine, it should be discontinued.
Recipes with a burned-on burnet
Sanguisorba officinalis is widely used by doctors, traditional healers for the treatment of various diseases. Tinctures with this medicinal plant are prepared on the basis of alcohol or water. In the preparation of teas and decoctions, you can use except sanguisorba officinalis mint, lemon balm, oak bark and other herbs that have a bactericidal effect. If the solution is prepared from the roots or rhizomes of a plant, other plant components are added after it is ready. Below are the recipes of the most popular means of burnet.
Tea for intestinal infections
Treatment of hemorrhoids and stomach diseases is greatly complicated if a person suffers from rotaviruses or salmonellosis. To combat infection, doctors prescribe a medicinal tea based on sanguisorba officinalis. You can cook it from any part of the grass, but it is better to take the rhizomes or roots, because they have more tannins. To enhance the effect, you can add chamomile or mint to the finished solution. Prepare medicinal tea according to the following recipe:
- 2 tea false materials pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Mixture insist 10 minutes, and then filtered.
- The undiluted drug drink is taken 2 times a day.